Schwinn Exercise Bikes

Compare Exercise Bikes

Research top Exercise Bikes recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Schwinn is a good bike. You can change the speed and make it so it feels like you are riding uphill. It monitors the mileage you go and the time it takes to go. It also calculates calories burned. But sometimes, the chain gets tight and it is harder to pedal the bike so I have to occasionally oil the chain. The bike came in a box so had to be assembled. It took a screwdriver, wrench and about 20 or 30 minutes. It wasn't too hard but I hate putting stuff together.

The place I bought the exercise bike from delivered and put it right where I wanted it and it wasn't bad at all. I like that the airflow as it operated was really nice. The resistance was easy to adjust too and it pedaled smoothly. However, it was huge and bulky and took up a lot of space in my master bedroom. The bulkiness part was what made my favorite part work though so I put up with it. I had to move once and the setup wasn't bad but the second time I moved, I sold it. But overall, the Schwinn Bike performed great, it was an excellent deal and I enjoyed using it.

The Schwinn bike lets you adjust the seat so you can raise or lower the seat according to your height. It has a hand and leg movement that gives you an exceptional workout without putting in much effort and makes you feel like you've been riding a bike outside and also is good for your heart and overall body. However, I would add another fan to the top of the bike so that you would be cooler when you start exercising and also put up a bar for a book. And the timer needs to be changed. It also needs a more comfortable seat, perhaps wider and more comfortable handlebars. On the other hand, it was pretty easy to set up and the instructions were fairly helpful. The operation of the Schwinn bike is easy to use and understand. All you do is start pedaling and pull your arms in back and forth and you get a great workout! Love the bike.

I have a Lifestyle and Schwinn exercise bike. The Schwinn is reclined has Google maps, mp3 and easy to adjust and ride really easy on my knees. The Lifestyle is a normal bike but good for its age. Speedometer and pulse rate monitor is neat. The only thing I dislike about them is the cost but other than that they are great. They both were easy to set up mostly just putting on handles and pedals. Both were pretty easy right out of the box. Operating both is pretty simple and standard.

I had to put my Schwinn exercise bike together but that's because I ordered it online. Instructions were easy to follow through so it's easy to set up and I like that I can fold it up and store it out of the way. I like the color or my bike but I wish I chose a different color. I can track how many miles I have put on it. I use the mileage meter when riding. It's digital so that's easy. But sometimes it makes a squeaking sound when I'm pedaling. I don't like that much. And it is kind of heavy to lift when I'm putting it away. I also wish it would not have cost so much and that it came with a cover of some sort. It's a little bulky when stored but the right size. I can reach the handlebars and the pedals with no problems. The seat is bigger. That I like 'cause it's more comfortable. But I wish the seat was a little softer since I use it a lot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwinn Exercise Bikes?

Schwinn Exercise Bikes are easy to navigate and not too powerful for me to use. It’s convenient to have it in my home so when I don’t have time to go to the gym I am still able to get my workout without leaving and without feeling bad. It’s easy to set up and then I put it away every time I get done so it doesn’t take up that much space in the house. When it’s time to get on I just input what setting I want and ride it. I wish it had more settings since I like to challenge myself and with this bike I’m only about to do a couple different speeds.

What I like most about this Schwinn bike is that it is very quiet. It doesn't make a lot of noise. It is also compact, that is it doesn't take up much room at all. And I have enjoyed this bike because it is very easy to use. All you do is plug it in, sit on it, then start pedaling. Once you have started pedaling, you can pick the setting you would like. There is nothing that I dislike about the bike. It is a good bike and it has made me happy.

I bought the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike and I really like the preset controls and preset exercises. I can also track time and distance and calories goals. It can also sync up with apps from my phone but sometimes the app won't sync with the bike so my workouts don't get recorded on the app. The wheels make moving it around very easy. I can take the bike anywhere. But I dislike the fact that you can't do low intensity workouts and then build up to the high intensity workouts. I'm also petite and the handlebars are pretty far to reach. But the setup process was very easy and storage is easy too. It took maybe 15 minutes to assemble the bike and only a few minutes to fold up and put away.

Schwinn Exercise Bikes are easy to setup and use. It has a digital control panel and works well having it at home. I have a very busy schedule and can't get to a gym when they are open. But I don't like how large the machine is and it takes up too much space in my house. I have nowhere else to place it and it occasionally becomes a catch all.

Overall, I love this Schwinn bicycle. It's a recumbent bicycle, which is much better for my joints and a very much more comfortable seat. It is definitely most pleasant to ride. This bicycle was advertised as being able to connect with my Samsung device app my fitness pal. Sadly that feature has not worked, which is disappointing, to say the least. This bicycle was very easy to set up. All of the instructions were clearly printed on the box, along with very helpful illustrations. There are also plenty of online instructional videos that are easy to find.

With Schwinn recumbent bike we have different levels to choose from. It's a popular brand and we got at a good price. It is fairly easy to use when you get the level you need. It's good to use when the weather does not permit you to go outside. But it's difficult to modify. Like when our grandkids are over the mode is not the same as it was before they came and it is hard to get back to what we had it on. The level also keeps getting changed easily when we don't want it changed.

I like the big fan on the front of the Schwinn Exercise Bike that moves the air around me as I pedal and the bars that go back and forth like ski poles with a gauge for speed and miles. I can deal with the handles going back and forth if the seat is in a better level even if I have to stretch forward more than I like. My spouse has significantly longer legs than me and a seat adjustment like they have on office chairs would be great.

Schwinn Exercise Bikes has a variety of preset courses or the option to ride it for as long as you please and it doesn't take up a ton of space. I set the timer and ride and it can't get much easier than that. But there's a fan on the control panel that's useless. If I turn it on, I don't feel it, since I'm 5'2". If my husband turns it on, he doesn't feel it either, and he's 5'7". How tall does one have to be in order to feel the fan?

My Schwinn exercise bike is a basic spinning bike and I like the bike as I don't need anything fancy. The bike came with set up and operating instructions. There was not much to it. Just assemble according to the instruction leaflet. Once assembled, it is easy to use. You just get on and start pedaling. The only real feature it has is a thing you adjust to make it easier or harder to pedal. So it really is an easy bike to use.

My Schwinn exercise bike is a smooth ride, easy to use. Get on the bike, push the computer button to turn on and ride. It shows when you make hill climbs and low peaks. It also measures everything you need like pulse and heartbeat, calories burnt, and weight loss. This is no other exercise bike for me. I would even suggest this bike to anyone who wants to buy one. I don't see anything I don't like. This exercise bike gets a rave review from me. This is probably the best exercise bike I have ever used. The best that your money can buy.

I like that my Schwinn stationary exercise bicycle has a padded seat that has an adjustable position. I also like that it has a digital screen and a place for a book. It is very easy to set up and use. It is in a ready to use position and all you have to do is turn it on. I like everything about it.

The controls of the Schwinn bike are easy to use and the ability to use different levels and track the time you use the bike is a good function. I like that it tracks the calories that you burn during the process. I am ok with the functions on the bike. I like the amount of time it takes to set it up to use. However, if more than one person uses the bike it takes a long time to adjust it to yourself. It is difficult to reset it after someone else has been using the bike. But it was easy to set up and operate. I read the manual once and it was easy to follow and do.

I like that Schwinn is easy to use and old fashioned. Doesn't have all kinds of options to figure out. Just get on, ride, and get off. It is really effective and is the reason that I still use it and haven't bought another one yet. The bike is about as basic as they come. No way to hook up audio or video except when I use an iPod or mp3 player separately. It is very easy to use and takes no time to set up or operate. It's a good thing but a bad thing as well. I just get on the bike and adjust the tension either tighter or looser. Great for when I'm trying to conserve time or limited on how much time I have to workout. I plan to get a new one real soon but will still keep the one I still have to use sometimes.

The Schwinn seat is comfortable and height adjusts easily. The pedals are well placed and easy to reach. This bike seems to fit me well when many newer models do not. This is an older model without high tech features but that is why I like it. Low tech but effective. The newer models were just confusing. Some people would find the lack of the latest bells and whistles to be a problem but that has not been my experience at all. The ease of use is why I like this bike so much. I could buy a newer model but it would not be as easy to use as mine.

The bike is not difficult to use. It is just a stand up bike and you can start it immediately. I like that the machine has a fan with it. The fan increases in intensity as you pedal, which is nice as most fans do not really seem to give much air. However the bike is really old. It squeaks and sometimes seems off balance. It is also uncomfortable to sit on, it does not seem to be set up well for shorter people. In the future I would not buy this brand.

The Schwinn is a club quality spinning bike that has lasted nearly 15 years. It has lasted through several moves and has served two hard riders well. It is used frequently especially during MN winters. It is easy to set up, too. Being that it is nearly 15 years old it lacks the technology of more current spinning bikes. It is getting expensive to add new technology to it. I have added several technology features which integrated seamlessly into the use of the bike. I added clipless pedals, the resistance is a simple dual raising and lowering the height of the handle bars and seat is easy as well. I have added a power meter, too.

Schwinn Exercise Bike is built for any body type. It has resistance levels that I can choose and I can make my workout more or less difficult. It has a comfortable seat to sit on. I might improve the quality of the knobs on the bike though because they feel a bit too cheap and flimsy. I like things that are sturdier and well made. It was easy to set up this bike. It had a picture and word instruction manual when I opened the box and it was easy to follow. I just needed a few extra tools to get started.

I like the seat of my Schwinn bike. It's big and soft. I also like the grips on the handle bars as they move while peddling. It has a speedometer and it's light weight. I like its color and the price I paid for it. It was at a store I normally shop at Walmart. It's easy to use and assemble, and it has all the features I was looking for. Setup was easy. I just had to assemble the handle bars and pedals, attach the speedometer, screw on the seat, screw on the odometer and insert the battery.

Schwinn builds leg muscles and stamina. Many hours of satisfactory exercise on this bike. Easy set-up and very easy to use, just get on and pedal. Lots of muscle and stamina being built on this bike. Lots of pedaling and lots of calories burned on this bike. Love this piece of exercise equipment. Great workout. Love this bike. Love this brand...

I like the solidness of the bike, not rickety at all. I like the fact that I can adjust the resistance, gradually building up to stronger resistance, and can vary my speed accordingly. I didn't want to pay as much as I did for it, but since it was a Schwinn brand name, it was quite expensive. The bike was easy to set up, and operate. Essentially the bike was mostly pre-assembled. Main key was to make sure the bike was level and stable. Great exercise bike - motivator!

The Schwinn exercise bike was easy to set up, had rollers for moving. I started it by peddling until display lit up, and programming it easy after doing it a few times using the manual. The bike was very stable, had great cycling action, easy to program, used no electricity, very reliable and durable. It was fairly easy to adjust seat too. The exercise bike however did not have a heart rate monitor or a LCD monitor, only a LED with limited readout. Also, seat needed more cushioning and it had a large footprint.

I like Schwinn Airdyne's adjustability and ease of use. Everyone in the house can use it with very little work to change the settings. That was something that was important to us. Another option I like is the ability to use the handlebars like a rowing machine separately from the bicycle part. It is very noisy though and I would like it to be quieter. It makes it impossible to listen to anything while exercising. Also it does take up quite a bit of space so I keep moving it to less convenient places in the house. It is very easy to use but must remain set up all the time. It would be nice if it could sort of fold away out of the way. But it is still easier than getting into a car and driving to the gym or walking outside in the weather.

My Schwinn bike has a nice display of distance biked, calories burned, and time elapsed. Comfortable handlebars. Simple mechanics has kept it running for years. It was inexpensive to purchase. It does not have a comfortable seat, so I don't use it as much as I should. Wish it had a heart rate monitor. Also would be nice to have a cup holder for drinking water. Color other than black would be nice. It was very easy and quick to set up as it doesn't have lots of small parts to it. Using the bike is as easy as pushing one or buttons, then beginning to exercise. It is very stable; does not wobble.

I bought a used Schwinn about 20 years ago. It is an old fashioned styled with both arms and legs plus air in front, very good machine, never wear out, last forever equipment. It was top-rated consumer reports about 30 years ago. For Schwinn, not bad at all, comfortable, very simple. It is very easy to use, no problem.

I really like that my Schwinn exercise bike keeps me in shape and I use every day and every time I really enjoy using it. When I can do that I can use at my full protestations and it's very good to use. It keeps me on track. It does everything that I need it to do and that such be what is necessary for all aspects of life to live a healthy life and continue on with everyday activities that you really do enjoy. I like it so much. It the best machine out and I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for something like this to use on a daily basis or this type of equipment to live a beautiful, healthy, enjoyable life so try this bike out and you will be very happy with what you got.

Schwinn Exercise Bikes Company Profile