Schwinn Exercise Bikes

Compare Exercise Bikes

Research top Exercise Bikes recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The Schwinn Air Dyne is fairly easy to operate. You have to supply batteries and insert them into the pulse meter, which then attaches to the bike then attach the sensor plug to the unit and plug the pulse sensor to your earlobe. It has a pulse meter with digital time display, which is a built-in, microcomputer that calculates averaged pulse rate. However, the seat could be improved on this bike since it's not very comfortable. You can adjust the height of the seat, but the seat itself is too narrow.

Good bike. I like that the Schwinn Fitness Exercise Bike has adjustable settings for difficulty of peddling, that it tracks how far you would have biked had you actually been cycling, and the user interface is easy to understand. Setting it up was pretty easy and straightforward. It took about an hour, during most of which time it just needed to calibrate.

The Schwinn Airdyne is easy to pedal and very sturdy. You get on the bike and pedal. There are moving arms that move along with the wheel so you feel that you're getting some upper body workout as well. It also creates a breeze when you are riding it, which is a nice feature when you're sweating from working out. It is a very good exercise bike but it is an older model and I'd like a newer model. Otherwise, no improvements needed.

Schwinn Exercise Bike is very easy to use, set up and put away. It is a modern machine that is reliable, comfortable and durable. It gives a solid and very good workout with good results that helps to lose big amounts of weight and fat. It also helps a lot with staying healthy. I like the resistance from the bike but I wish it was more modern and could have a touch screen added on the bike plus more adjustable settings, a foot grabber to hold your foot in place when peddling, a couple more places to put your water bottles and a new way to support the back when peddling without using the handlebars.

I bought this Schwinn bike to upgrade from a smaller version made by a different manufacturer. Putting this bike together took about an hour but it was easy to assemble because the instructions were clear. Even the required tools were enclosed. Look closely at the pictures when assembling. The bike itself works great using quiet magnetic resistance. Changing resistance is easy by push button. It takes a second or so for resistance change to take effect. It has many built-in programs of rolling hills, etc. or you can set up your own routine.

From workout to workout I switch from one built-in to one of my own. It displays time, RPM, "road" bike speed, distance, calories burned, heart rate and resistance level. If you input your name and stats, it will track your workouts and let you download the data. There are lots of bells and whistles to use once I get past the basic conditioning phase. The bike went together easily till I got to the right pedal. The original one shipped would not go on then Nautilus sent another after a lot of stuff needed to show proof of purchase. Second one did not go on easily, but it did go on with a lot of muscle. Other than that, it is a very nice quality equipment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwinn Exercise Bikes?

Schwinn Aero Dyne is very easy to use and also very safe. The bike is easy to set up straight from the box and the direction are very simple. The youtube video shows a guy assembling the bike. I like the calorie burner and the hardness level. I also like that the front wheel has a slot so the wind could blow on me to help keep me cool. I love the sturdy frame construction and the comfortable seat, as well. I like that it has a timer that can keep track of time, too. Everything is great. Schwinn makes the best out there and it is a simple bike.

It was given to us by my mother-in-law who did not like using it. She thought we would like using it but we don't. I do not like any features of the exercise bike. The Seat is very uncomfortable, it is hard to keep my feet on the pedals and is too large for my short legs. There is an odometer and a speedometer but they are not motivational. It's difficult because one can't tell how much pressure is on to make it more strenuous to pedal. It is made out of iron and is very heavy to move from one part of the room to another.

The Schwinn was already put together so the setup was easy and it's as simple as getting on and ride. I like the feel of the bike and the seat feels good, too. As for the actual riding, it's tough at times but helpful. You will lose weight with this bike. I love how the screen tells me how much I've burned and how much more I need to do to get to my ideal weight. However, it can be a bit pricey, but it is a Schwinn, so you know what you're getting when you get it.

I liked how easy it was to get a quick cardio workout in while tricking myself into thinking I was still sitting. I'm pretty lazy and prefer an easy, quick, simple and effective workout. I do wish there was a way to make Schwinn have a smaller footprint in the room because they are all so bulky and space hogging.

The company I bought the Schwinn from did the initial setup and it was very easy to operate and use once I got the hang of things. It's of great quality and build, don't feel I have to worry about it breaking down. It has great infotronics and has helped me a great deal with staying in shape, especially in winter when I can't get out to the gym as much as I'd like with the weather and all. I'm satisfied with it but a cheaper price for the same quality is always desirable as it is kind of expensive, but you get what you pay for as they say.

The process of setting up the Schwinn bicycle took a while but overall was not too tedious or stressful. It has also been very durable and I have not had any concerns with it. There are a lot of useful features on the bike. The incline levels are where they should be and the different training modes all serve their purpose the way that the bike can be adjusted for comfort as well. Still, adding a cool down feature would be a great aid in ending workouts and enhancing the experience.

I enjoy the different programs on the Schwinn bike. I also like how it can be operated with batteries and it also comes with a power cord as well. The easiness of use make this bike very enjoyable. I also like how you can change the seat to fit how long or short your legs are. However, one thing I do not like is that the power cord is a little short so you have to be close to an outlet. I also do not like the fan on the machine because it does not work very good and I think it's a waste of power. Other than that, there are many kinds of program ranging from easy to difficult so anyone can use it. The programs are fun, too.

Schwinn is pretty easy to use, and is easy to learn to use and to understand screen, but maybe better function screens and buttons would be better. Also, maybe more comfortable or more padded seat, smartphone compatibility with an app for programs, screen with graphics or courses, quieter functions, maybe added arm exerciser. Otherwise recumbent, easy to move (it lifts up and rolls and has a handle), rider-height adjustability, and tension-adjustable, several programmed routines, easy on knees.

The features of the Schwinn 170 are just perfect for me. Setting up is easy right out of the box, just a few easy steps to get you going; almost immediately it is tracking your progress like a personal assistant or a coach on your back shoulder; it is designed for those who have limited time, but it beckons you to press on and lose a few pounds. I have limited time for exercise but I always feel great after a few minutes on this superb product. It's totally equipped with a dual LCD window system that allows up to 13 different displays. It's like the bike is programmed for me as it retains my data and I always begin where I left off and still adapt to a different speed for that day that seems right for me to reach my fitness goals for the day.

The set up of Schwinn took some time. It didn't take very long for me assemble but the programming of the bike took a few hours. I won't say it's hard to use, just getting it used to. There are dual LCD for me to see my progress. Also, there is a built-in tracker that allow me to keep track of my exercise routine. There is a USB port for music. However, it was expensive for what it does and it takes up a lot of room in my house. Also, the seats isn't good at all. It's really hard. I wish it could have been leather seats or something similar.

I found the Schwinn 320 easy to set up and the owner's manual very clearly describes the steps to do it. Once it is setup, it is very easy to use it and change settings on an everyday basis. It has a really great screen that is used to operate the bike. I love the adjustable seat with a firm back to support me. I really like the 22 different programmable programs and the audio output for my iPhone. However, I wish that it had a way to do arm workouts at the same time without me having to buy another. But, I use hand weights to help me. It is really a great bike as is though.

Setting up Schwinn was very easy. Push Quick Start and you can start cycling for a fast start. Adjustable seat makes it comfortable. Always tracking miles, pulse rate and calories burned. It's digital, can program routines for specific workouts and has programs already in system for quick options. I like low seat and backrest. I can use bike in my own home. I like straps for feet that have straps. Bike has stability, does not wobble, nice and accurate display displaying progress of routine. However, I wish the seat and backrest are softer, arm movement exercise needed, foot buckles should be larger and they are hard to fasten and unfasten. Also, the pulse monitor would be better if on arm handles that moved for upper body exercise.

Schwinn is a good bike. You can change the speed and make it so it feels like you are riding uphill. It monitors the mileage you go and the time it takes to go. It also calculates calories burned. But sometimes, the chain gets tight and it is harder to pedal the bike so I have to occasionally oil the chain. The bike came in a box so had to be assembled. It took a screwdriver, wrench and about 20 or 30 minutes. It wasn't too hard but I hate putting stuff together.

The place I bought the exercise bike from delivered and put it right where I wanted it and it wasn't bad at all. I like that the airflow as it operated was really nice. The resistance was easy to adjust too and it pedaled smoothly. However, it was huge and bulky and took up a lot of space in my master bedroom. The bulkiness part was what made my favorite part work though so I put up with it. I had to move once and the setup wasn't bad but the second time I moved, I sold it. But overall, the Schwinn Bike performed great, it was an excellent deal and I enjoyed using it.

The Schwinn bike lets you adjust the seat so you can raise or lower the seat according to your height. It has a hand and leg movement that gives you an exceptional workout without putting in much effort and makes you feel like you've been riding a bike outside and also is good for your heart and overall body. However, I would add another fan to the top of the bike so that you would be cooler when you start exercising and also put up a bar for a book. And the timer needs to be changed. It also needs a more comfortable seat, perhaps wider and more comfortable handlebars. On the other hand, it was pretty easy to set up and the instructions were fairly helpful. The operation of the Schwinn bike is easy to use and understand. All you do is start pedaling and pull your arms in back and forth and you get a great workout! Love the bike.

The bike's okay to use for general exercising. The Schwinn has a battery operated digital readout for distance pedaled, digital time spent riding indicator, digital calories burned meter, variable resistance on wheel, manual adjustable seat height. However, the handlebars are in a fixed position, there is no adjustable height on handlebars. I spend a lot of time pushing myself back onto the seat from reaching forward to the bars. Setting up the bike is relatively easy as its shape does not change. It is always set up. I just need to pull it out into the room, but it is heavy and awkward to move.

I have a Lifestyle and Schwinn exercise bike. The Schwinn is reclined has Google maps, mp3 and easy to adjust and ride really easy on my knees. The Lifestyle is a normal bike but good for its age. Speedometer and pulse rate monitor is neat. The only thing I dislike about them is the cost but other than that they are great. They both were easy to set up mostly just putting on handles and pedals. Both were pretty easy right out of the box. Operating both is pretty simple and standard.

I had to put my Schwinn exercise bike together but that's because I ordered it online. Instructions were easy to follow through so it's easy to set up and I like that I can fold it up and store it out of the way. I like the color or my bike but I wish I chose a different color. I can track how many miles I have put on it. I use the mileage meter when riding. It's digital so that's easy. But sometimes it makes a squeaking sound when I'm pedaling. I don't like that much. And it is kind of heavy to lift when I'm putting it away. I also wish it would not have cost so much and that it came with a cover of some sort. It's a little bulky when stored but the right size. I can reach the handlebars and the pedals with no problems. The seat is bigger. That I like 'cause it's more comfortable. But I wish the seat was a little softer since I use it a lot.

Schwinn Exercise Bikes are easy to navigate and not too powerful for me to use. It’s convenient to have it in my home so when I don’t have time to go to the gym I am still able to get my workout without leaving and without feeling bad. It’s easy to set up and then I put it away every time I get done so it doesn’t take up that much space in the house. When it’s time to get on I just input what setting I want and ride it. I wish it had more settings since I like to challenge myself and with this bike I’m only about to do a couple different speeds.

Schwinn exercise bike is very easy to program. You just turn on select user and what level you want and what terrain you want to ride and how long you want to ride. Schwinn exercise bike has several setting from beginner to expert. It has a comfortable seat and it is compatible for my phone to plug in with so I can listen to my music. Easy to plug your phone or iPod for music into the bike so you have some good music to exercise to. Schwinn is a good bike, reliable and strong. If there is anything I don't like is it is not made for big people as I am a plus size person and tall. So sometimes my legs and handles in the bike get in each other's way.

What I like most about this Schwinn bike is that it is very quiet. It doesn't make a lot of noise. It is also compact, that is it doesn't take up much room at all. And I have enjoyed this bike because it is very easy to use. All you do is plug it in, sit on it, then start pedaling. Once you have started pedaling, you can pick the setting you would like. There is nothing that I dislike about the bike. It is a good bike and it has made me happy.

I bought the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike and I really like the preset controls and preset exercises. I can also track time and distance and calories goals. It can also sync up with apps from my phone but sometimes the app won't sync with the bike so my workouts don't get recorded on the app. The wheels make moving it around very easy. I can take the bike anywhere. But I dislike the fact that you can't do low intensity workouts and then build up to the high intensity workouts. I'm also petite and the handlebars are pretty far to reach. But the setup process was very easy and storage is easy too. It took maybe 15 minutes to assemble the bike and only a few minutes to fold up and put away.

Schwinn Exercise Bikes are easy to setup and use. It has a digital control panel and works well having it at home. I have a very busy schedule and can't get to a gym when they are open. But I don't like how large the machine is and it takes up too much space in my house. I have nowhere else to place it and it occasionally becomes a catch all.

Overall, I love this Schwinn bicycle. It's a recumbent bicycle, which is much better for my joints and a very much more comfortable seat. It is definitely most pleasant to ride. This bicycle was advertised as being able to connect with my Samsung device app my fitness pal. Sadly that feature has not worked, which is disappointing, to say the least. This bicycle was very easy to set up. All of the instructions were clearly printed on the box, along with very helpful illustrations. There are also plenty of online instructional videos that are easy to find.

With Schwinn recumbent bike we have different levels to choose from. It's a popular brand and we got at a good price. It is fairly easy to use when you get the level you need. It's good to use when the weather does not permit you to go outside. But it's difficult to modify. Like when our grandkids are over the mode is not the same as it was before they came and it is hard to get back to what we had it on. The level also keeps getting changed easily when we don't want it changed.

Schwinn Exercise Bikes Company Profile