3.97/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

36 ResMed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

The machine helps you sleep and breathe easier. It is easy to use and follow the direction and it has a easy carry around case. The mask is comfortable too. I would recommend it for a lot of situations. If you have trouble breathing at night this machine is it. Always check yourself or have a love one monitor you to see if the CPAP is needed. The cost is low and your insurance will cover it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The machine is easy to use. It puts me to sleep really fast, and my doctor said I would get a better night sleep and I really sleep well all night. Wish I had gotten a long time ago. It is easy to get replacement. I feel good but it is not very comfortable to wear and I wish it didn't so tight because it leaves mark on face. And when you use for a while it starts to leak around rubber a little. Also, they could find a better to wear the headband.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This ResMed unit keeps track of usage and reports it remotely so that "badges" are awarded for using it at least six hours per night for at least 21 of the last 30 days. That lets the physician also know if the device is being used as it should. The headgear attaches to the mask in 4 spots. The top two are fixed once adjusted, while the bottom two are attached to magnets which then snap into place, making it easy to take off and on while keeping the straps adjusted. It's comfortable and easy to use, and relatively quiet. But since the device can detect air leakage, it would be nice if it could also tell you which strap to tighten or loosen.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Using the ResMed was simple, it was comfortable to wear once I got the proper size mask. I got quality sleep so it did what it was intended to do. I could reset the machine but had to call for instructions sometimes to be certain I got it correct. It was easy to access and clean the water reservoir since the lid could be easily removed. The hose attached in a convenient location and the mask fit was good. On the other hand, it did not report my usage via wifi like my new one does. This is a great convenience and eliminates the need for taking the machine to the doctor's office. It also was a little too large. The settings were easy to accidentally reset.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

ResMed works really good and has a digital display for its components that makes it easy for my tired old eyes to focus on and see. I have seen other machines and they are not as nice as mine. I just wish the masks fit better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResMed?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

ResMed is simple to use. I especially like the comfortable face mask and the ability to keep it clean without a lot of thing hanging down from my face. I turn a lot in my sleep and this one stays in place nicely and allows me to sleep comfortable without even noticing it's there. Also, it definitely improves my quality of sleep by reducing snoring. This mask was passed one time by my father, who also suffers from sleep apnea. I have tried other sleep apnea masks as well. An old professor used to pass me his machines each time he received a new one.

However, ResMed is somewhat heavy and I do not find it as convenient to travel with on the road. Given that it is necessary to use it each time I sleep to ensure that I don't stop treating, it must stay somewhere near the bed at all times. Would like something that can fit more compactly on a bedside nightstand. I would also appreciate one that could be tucked more out of sight and would be convenient to reach my face.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

ResMed is simple to use, Once I got use to wearing the face mask it don't bother me as much anymore. It help me get a deep sleep like I should get because if I forget to put it on before I fall asleep I can tell the next day. I like it cause I can set the vapor on the machine so I can get enough moisture, plus it tells how many hrs I sleep for the night. I also like they put a heating coil in the hose so the vapor won't be so cold in the winter. But then, I would change the filter and how it is connected to the machine. I would put a heavier cord on it and take the box thing out of the cord cause if it overheats it will either cut off the machine or set something on fire.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

The ResMed machine is very quiet and I have been able to sleep well. I like the fact that I don't get colds as much as other household members because it is on me all night and it fits well. However, it goes through the water very fast. I would like it to be easier to clean, more mobile, and easier to take with me on the go. Nevertheless, it is quite simple to use. I hooked it up and it was ready to go. The company keeps track of my sleep and I am able to let my doctor know very easily.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I like the way it helps me breathe and it's quiet. It is easy to use too. It is comfortable and it helps me get quality sleep. I feel refreshed the next day. I don't believe I could sleep without it. In fact I would be afraid to sleep without it. Sometimes it does not seem to fit properly, though. I tighten it constantly and it loosens overnight. Sometimes the water tray also gets grimy even if I wash it daily.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

ResMed is very simple to use. It ramps up the power after starting off slow. It helps me to sleep a lot better than what I did before. Has a humidifier tank that keeps my throat moist at night and stops me from waking up choking at night from a dry throat. But the mask sometimes has faulty hose equipment that produces a very loud and unpleasant squeaky sound that drives my mate nuts. Sometimes it also does an auto shut off to which I dislike. The masks are sometimes uncomfortable to wear because you have to wear the mask tight on your face and it hurts the bridge of my nose, but all in all it dramatically improves my quality of sleep!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Don't like any of it. It's bulky, very loud, ugly, it's supposed to help but it doesn't. I sleep less when I use it. Doesn't work real good... Mask doesn't stay on and it’s very hard to adjust it correctly. Hate the chin strap, the hoses. It scares my kids and animals. Might need a newer model. Have to ask doctor.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

This unit probably performs like average CPAP machines. I fill unit with water, make sure that everything is clean and that nothing is in the way for use. I turn the unit on, wait for air to flow then place the mask on my face. I adjust straps so that the mask is centered and as comfortable as possible. I hold the hose and carefully get into bed. I get comfortable, and then twist and adjust tube as necessary in order to have most comfort and best seal. It would be nice if my sleep data could be submitted digitally/electronically instead of me having to remove a card and mail it in to a medical provider in order to have data recorded. Other than that, the ResMed machine is fairly quiet and seems to adjust to necessary force as I sleep. The unit is small enough to fit well on my bedside table and the hose is able to reach me without pulling.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

It is easy to put on and has greatly helped me to sleep deeper and longer. My partner tells me that I no longer stop breathing when wearing the machine, I am on a more even breathing pattern. I like the humidifier that is included in the machine. Also, I like that I can connect my oxygen to the machine. It is easy to transport when I travel as well. However, I am not happy with the face mask. I wish the straps on the mask were more comfortable. The chord on the mask could be longer too. I am a side sleeper and sometimes I cannot turn over because the chord will not reach.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like that my machine turns on automatically and that everything is set to the settings that work best for me personally and that I can change them whenever I like. My mask is magnetic and is easy to take on and off. However, it is uncomfortable for me and I get a little claustrophobic with it on my face. Since it is so easy to take the mask off, I take it off in my sleep most nights and throw the mask across the room. So I am not getting to use it for very long each night. It would be helpful to me if there were an alarm that sounded when I take it off so I knew I was taking it off and I could put it back on. But other than that, I like that there is a website that helps me manage how well I'm using the machine.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I really like that it is easy to clean, sterilize and take care of this type of CPAP machine for my sleep apnea. It is a great machine for what it is supposed to be doing. However, I hate that it is uncomfortable and leaves a mark on my face from the mask. I really wish that it was more comfortable, easier to sleep with and softer on my face which would help a whole lot because it hurts my face sometimes. Other than that, it helps me sleep a little better.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

It is my first CPAP and I like that it is quiet, easy to use, very compact and discrete. I absolutely love the black and silver color. However, I really hate the headgear. I am constantly fighting with it. There is a reservoir and I put distilled water in every night. Then, when I am ready to sleep I put on the mask and clip in one strap. This is supposed to keep the mask securely on my head but it doesn't because of the velcro letting go and this affects the quality of sleep I get. I am awake continuously through the night. More so than if I was not using a CPAP machine.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

ResMed is very quiet and you hardly know the machine is running. But I wished there was the option to make the humidity from the machine cooler. It would make it easier if I was breathing in cold/colder air rather than the warmer air. Other than that, the machine is compact and very easy to use. I sleep better and feel refreshed when I get up in the morning.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

The ResMed machine starts and stops when I attach hose to mask. It has a water basin to provide humidity and there is a option to test for leaks. Can also set the humidity level for different times of year. When I remove mask, the window shows a green or red happy face to indicate if the leaks are good and the length of use was good. It would be nice if the machine was a little smaller to fit on my nightstand. The headgear is not part of the machine, but it ok. I have a problem with it pushing my cheeks up toward eyes. Would be nice if the band going above ears went more straight back before bending upwards. Other than that, the machine is simple to use. I check the water level in tank. If more water needed, it is easy to open and fill and replace. Before I started I was getting 17-20 incidents per hour. I am now getting an average of less than 1/hr.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

The features I enjoy the most about ResMed is that the mask and equipment are comfortable and the settings are very easy to use. The things I don't enjoy about this product is the fact that you have to wear a mask throughout the night. Having to use the restroom in the middle of the night gets annoying being that you have to take the mask off. Nevertheless, this product is quiet and allows me to have a good night sleep every night.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

It has a pretty convenient water refill container which I like and overall is fairly easy to manage. It also has all the settings preset to a memory card which is helpful to keep track of usage. However, it comes apart into multiple pieces which is sometimes a bit annoying to have to set up when traveling. And would be better if it was made so that you don't have to put so much together at first. The face mask I have isn't the most comfortable to be honest, maybe because it is the kind that just covers your nostrils. Other than that, it is simple to use once set up.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I use the nose cap. It makes my nose sore and doesn't stay in place. Don't understand why they can't make something like the nose piece used for oxygen.

Original review: July 31, 2017

The mask is very irritating. It leaks and blows air in eyes and makes noise. It causes sore lips, mouth sores and I don't like it but I need to use it.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Wish head gear was made a little better. It comes too close to eyes and has to be put real tight to make sure it doesn't leak. The machine itself is ok.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I feel the respiratory therapist that showed me the machine was too fast and uninterested. I was confused and felt stupid when I left. It took a long while to get used to but I sleep better now.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have to keep my straps so tight it leaves indentions in my face... The mask at the top hurts sometimes to keep it tight so I don't hear the flapping loud noise from the air loss. I do like how refreshed I feel after 8 or 10 hours sleep... I am a mouth breather and would love some less restrictive facial device to come along but it does its job.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It's easy to put on and take off. Has one button operation. Records your night's sleep so you can share with your doctor. Can hardly tell you're wearing it.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I have no problem with my machine. I just hate the line or should I say mark that’s on each side of my nose. If it’s some way that can be prevented it would be great.

Original review: July 24, 2017

My only problem with the bi-pap is finding a mask that doesn't leave marks on face. Hoping to try another mask sometime soon. Also, the headgear won't keep mouth closed so I end up losing air - having air leaks. But machine is great!

Original review: July 23, 2017

All of my CPAPs have served the purpose, I guess, but seem awkward at first. Not all companies go into the cleaning method thoroughly but I learned on my own.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I have been using for over 2 yrs and still find it uncomfortable to sleep with. I am always having to adjust the hose and it wakes me up. I like to sleep on my side or stomach and it's hard to do. The only real advantage for me is that the sound of the machine masks some of the noise from the tinnitus that I suffer with.

ResMed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ResMed is known for its medical devices and cloud-based software applications that help diagnose, treat and manage sleep apnea and other related diseases. Its team of around 5,000 employees remotely monitor over 2 million patients daily across more than 100 countries. It makes multiple models of CPAP machines including CPAP, APAP and Bi-level machines to accommodate different patient types.

• CPAP series: ResMed has two models of CPAP machines: the AirSense 10 CPAP and the AirSense 10 Elite. Both models include an integrated humidifier, quiet motors and cellular connectivity. The Elite model includes a premium, fixed-pressure device and advanced event detection, which monitors your breathing for Central Sleep Apnea (CSA), Respiratory Effort Related Arousal (RERA) and Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and relays that information to your physician.

• APAP series: ResMed offers separate APAP models for men and women. Patients who find it hard to adjust to a CPAP machine may find APAP more comfortable. Both models include premium auto-adjusting pressure devices with integrated dehumidifiers, cellular connectivity and advanced event detection. ResMed uses a different algorithm for women to monitor flow limitation and air pressure.

• Bi-level series: Bi-level or BiPAP machines use two pressure settings, one for inhalation and one for exhalation, allowing patients to get more air in and out of their lungs. ResMed offers multiple models of Bi-level machines that can be more comfortable for patients who have difficulty adjusting to CPAP treatment.

• CPAP masks: ResMed designs and makes over 30 CPAP mask styles and fits, including full- and open-face, pediatric and nasal masks. Its nasal pillows are lightweight, open and unobtrusive and fit snugly over your nasal passages.

• Online store: ResMed has their own online store for purchasing sleep therapy devices including CPAP, APAP, Bi-level and CPAP masks. It requires an online account and provides a secure checkout and simple returns.

• Best for: sleep therapy patients who want a variety of CPAP machines and masks to choose from.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs