3.07/5

57 ResMed Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

The ResMed 10 water chamber is poorly designed compared to the ResMed 9 unit. The chamber holds a limited amount of water and easily overflows resulting in water damage. The ResMed 9 water tank well contains the humidifier water. ResMed 10 humidifier is a very poor design. If you have a ResMed 9, keep it until they fix the design flaws with the ResMed 10. The auto start and web interface isn't worth the money, even if your insurance is paying for it.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I was disappointed to find out ResMed products are not compatible with the So Clean machine. I wish I had known that before my husband brought it home. We would have found a different brand. This machine is not easy to clean and now I am worried that my husband will get an infection from using it.

Get expert buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have had nothing but restless night. I wake up exhausted and have to take naps to recuperate. I have tried 3 different masks. The manufacturer claims it takes two weeks to get used to this invention from hell. Nothing could be further from the truth. I absolutely hate this machine.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Child could have designed this better. Recently I was diagnosed having sleep apnea. The mask I was given was by ResMed. The straps holding it to my face are useless. There is NO adjustment allowed for prevently air from escaping. CRAP!!!

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have been using the AirSense 10 for approximately 9 months. Overall I’d say the experience was good. My sleep apnea has decreased. Issues that I’ve found with the device are as follows. 1 The water chamber is very difficult to wash and dry. The reasons are, 1 there are a lot of very sharp edges which are hard to clean. Second, there is a hole in the bottom of the chamber where water pools and stays in there the entire day breeding who knows what. The other issue is the data transfer rate.

The unit use cellular data, not Wifi. This is not the accepted transfer system for data today. It takes hours for me to get my results, not minutes. ResMed does not accept any phone calls nor emails. All complaints have to go through your supplier. The Suppliers can’t or won’t resolve any issues. My wife has a Fisher & Paykel sleep apnea machine, her water chamber is very easy to clean and dry, no sharp edges. But it also does not have WiFi. Please update your software to current data standards. Either WiFi or better still Bluetooth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResMed?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was recently diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and received the device in early January, 2019. Even with getting used to the machine and trying different masks, the improvement in sleep quality was apparent from the first night. Interruptions dropped from 25/hr to under 5 and I became aware of many more dreams. Wish I knew years earlier. Highly recommend and if you often feel tired, get checked out. Mask fitting is an art and highly personalized. I do recommend the new hose on top masks which help keep the hose out of the way. Having a good supplier is also important. M D Respiratory in NJ has been excellent.

Original review: March 21, 2019

The auto shut off detects even small leaks and shuts down causing me to suffocate! Which rudely awakens me several times during the night. These machines are designed to help you breathe, not smother you as this one does. I finally dragged out old machine (Respironics) without auto shutoff and slept without incident. This machine is old and whistles a bit but is still better than the ResMed. Also, to add water you have to pull out water tray, then open it to fill, close it, then insert it into the machine. One too many steps! The Respironics is simple, pull out tray, fill it, shove it back in, done deal! It takes two hands to fill the ResMed. This is a good example of technology biting us in the **!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I'm very disappointed that the MyAir app connected with my CPAP gives false data. On 3/15 the app reported that I had 6 mask on/off in one night when in fact I only had one. This has happened on more that one occasion. The app report leaks when there are none and on a few occasions when there were definite leaks that awakened me, the app reported nothing. Can this app be trusted to give accurate data? My answer is no!!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Carbon Dioxide Issue - On 2/6/2019 I went in for my supplies. I was due a new mask. The new mask has a different Air Flow Exhalation Port. This port is baffled to eliminate sound and reduce outgoing air from the ResMed as it operates. My sleep numbers started to increase the mask off and sleep apneas per hour still in coordinates with good sleep but higher than before. By the last week in February I was taking my mask off 6 times per night and was suffering from headaches. My heart was beating harder to the point of pain every time I awoke. My blood pressure readings went from 125 to as high as 152. The night of 3/3/2019 I took out the new Exhalation port and replaced it with the old style port. I was rebreathing old air no doubt. After 2 nights I started to recover from the symptoms but am still waiting for heart tests performed 3/5/2019.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

My issue is with the Heated Tube that is supposed to heat the humidified air to keep it from condensing in the tube or mask. That feature seemed to work but I discovered too late that the heated plastic tube appears to be outgassing some sort of chemicals that have destroyed my sense of smell and taste. The problem started almost immediately. Since I purchased the CPAP with the heated tubing, I first thought the terrible smell was coming from the mask plastic. I contacted APRIA, the distributor I purchased the equipment from, and they told me to clean my mask and only offered to sell me a mask cleaning machine.

At my request, they sold me various and numerous replacement masks. While was searching the internet for reviews with a similar problem, I finally came across a woman who had the same CPAP who had bought a heated tube after using the CPAP for a long while with the standard plastic non-heated tubing. She described the same horrible smell and tried to contact RESMED with no success. I discontinued using the heated tube, after about six weeks of use, and found that while the problem went away at night I had lost my sense of smell and taste which was replaced by a continuous smell of what I call "burning plastic".

I first contacted APRIA for help but was told in no uncertain terms that it was not their responsibility to deal with RESMED equipment problems and that I must work it out with RESMED. To date I have not been able to contact RESMED via phone or email. It has been 6 months and my sense of smell and taste have not returned. The new Airsense 10 CPAP is a superb product especially with the self adjusting air pressure. My previous CPAP was a RESMED that I had to quit using since the technicians could not adjust it to my need. It kept starving me for air and I would rip off the mask in my sleep. The Airsense 10 corrected that problem.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Even though they may answer their telephone calls, responding to emails is also just as important and part of good customer service. I sent two (2) emails to this company on 01/30/19 and again on 01/31/19, and today is 02/02/19, and I have yet to receive a response about an inquiry on my Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP Machine. For a medical company not to return a telephone call or answer emails is extremely terrible and in poor taste and after reading many other people’s reviews, I’m sad to say that if they don’t care about people who are in need of medical attention, they shouldn’t stay or be in business!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My mother was issued this machine by Lincare Inc. The machine is 4 years old and yesterday she woke up to a burned up humidifier element. Lincare cannot replace it under warranty so they let a 75 year old woman go without a CPAP machine until I forced their hand with a call to corporate. My mother was informed that she should just turn off the humidifier and go for a year until Medicare would pay for a new machine. Either that or she has to pay for a new machine herself. If Medicare is going to approve this machine for coverage, isn't it incumbent upon the manufacturer to warrant the machine (barring consumer abuse of the equipment) for the approved length of time before replacement? Otherwise, they should lose their approved status from Medicare. My mother takes VERY good care of her machine and she should not have been put in this position. ResMed needs to stand behind its product!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Recently purchased ResMed Airsense 10 for Her. After doing an extensive research on CPAP equipment I was convinced that this was the machine to purchase. I was making the purchase from a US Territory (not within the 48 States) which was my first challenge as all ResMed suppliers do not ship USPS. Thus I had the CPAP shipped to a friend who then shipped it to me. That means I paid twice the shipping cost. After setting up the machine I downloaded the smartphone app and registered the machine on-line so I can get a treatment report on my phone daily... But I could not get any signal (not a single bar) on the machine. I did everything I could from on-line research.

Next I sent ResMed 3 inquiries through their on-line support and to this day 6 weeks from the first inquiry I have yet to receive a response. Now, since my on-line inquiries have not been answered I decided to call them only to find out that I was not getting anywhere nor could Karen the rep I was speaking to could give me a firm confirmation that there was a fix. All she kept telling me is that the MyAir App does not work outside of the area it was purchased and that she had no other explanation that she could provide me since company policy does not allow them to entertain customers. Karen said I would have to contact a Provider to get an answer. Her explanation was that the Provider can contact ResMed upon which ResMed would talk to the Provider. Ok Karen, so is there a fix? Her response was; "I can't tell you," "I don't know." Why would I spend $$$ to have a Provider call only to get the same answer "I don't know."

Me being frustrated, this rep had no common sense. She did offer me to speak to her Manager Helen. After a brief period Helen answered and said she listen to my conversation with Karen and that Karen was right, I had to consult with a Provider but she too would not confirm if there is a fix. ResMed your customers play an important role in the success or your business. Your customer service reps should treat all customers with respect and dignity. Reps should admit to their lack of knowledge on any subject but also offer to inquire on a formal response from a subject matter expert within the company. There is no logic for them to have your customers spend more to get a response to an inquiry not listed in your Q&A section. Please Train your personnel. Disappointed in Guam.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Too noisy. Wife won't allow machine in same room. Mask leaks and blows air in eyes. Sore, dry nose in the morning. After trying to work with machine for 6 weeks, dealer will not allow return or refund or credit.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

ResMed has ZERO customer service! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! They can not be bothered to even give an email address to ask a question. I can not even find out the warranty on this machine. It is failing and the local medical supply I got it from is such a BAD company that I don't even want to call them and ask. The CPAP field is so full of corruption, I told the company I wanted a new machine, NOT A USED ONE. It did not matter! They gave me a used one anyway! ResMed could not care less!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My ResMed Air Sense 10 machine was making wheezing noise after using for 6 months. I returned the machine to ResMed in Fort Walton Beach, Florida Office on 4 Sept. 2018. I was told the machine will be sent back to the Company. And will be replaced with a new machine. However, I was given a used machine and will not be able to get another new machine due the company's policy on returned machine even if under warranty. The used machine is also making noise keeping me awake at night each time I inhale and exhale. I don't understand why I'm not getting a new machine instead of a used machine that is also making the same noises. Any assistance you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have 2 ResMed, ResMed 10 and air mini. I initially bought air mini for travel, but after using it the first night, I found it unacceptable. It’s too noisy, earplugs won’t help. I had read about it being noisy but thought it couldn’t be that bad, boy was I wrong. $1000 dollars wasted. I won’t use it again unless they come up with a fix. I rated it with one star, but that rating is too high. Buyers beware. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I am a veteran CPAP user of 30 years. I now have 10 CPAP machines. Recently, I got this new Resmed Machine (Airsense 10 autoset). From the outset, the Automatic settings have not worked at all. The machine functions as a CPAP machine very much like the ones from 25 years ago. I was replacing a Respironics Aflex about seven years old, which is working fine. I had a sleepless first night with this machine, and in the morning, I used my old machine, so I could sleep most of the day. I tried contacting my provider Optigen, and they simply stonewalled me. No help!

Next, I tried the manufacturer, and nothing. You cannot talk to anyone there and they don't care. The rep for Optigen, Felicia **, who brought the machine to my home, won't return my calls. My tech for my therapist tried to be helpful, but the most he could do was make this operate as an old CPAP machine. After 3 sleepless nights, I am returning this seriously flawed, or just nonworking machine. In any case, it is not possible to get support from Resmed or Optigen. I will not again use either. You shouldn't either.

Original review: May 11, 2018

All the Mirage active Nasal masks discontinued - Don't buy any RESMED Products: **. For years I have been using the Activa LT series of masks and found it to be the most accommodating and Comfortable. I have recently found it was discontinued. I tried to use the various other masks and found them all to be constricting around the lower part of my nose making it uncomfortable throughout the night. The other masks do not fit right, leak air, noisy and not adjustable.

When I contacted the Resmed office about this problem, the answer came back that it was discontinued and contact my supplier for a newer mask. I do not like the newer masks. They are too constricting on my nasal area. The girl Lucy stated that it's the way it is. Contact my supplier. I want my money back. I do not recommend RESMED any longer. I will not recommend Resmed any longer. The product will change for cheaper quality for the same high cost. I am very Very unhappy that this company would do this to anyone.

Original review: March 14, 2018

ResMed Mini: Customer service representative could not explain or acknowledge how restrictive the ResMed Mini is in lacking the support of use with other masks on the market. I have an allergy with the compound used by ResMed. On one hand the representative said because of the technology used in humidification process another brand could not be used. On the other hand the full face mask has no such technology. The representative could not explain the reason this decision was made, other than the inability to use other manufacturers masks being able to be used. This trend will only restrict customer’s freedom to use masks suitable to their circumstances.

Very UN AUSTRALIAN of you RESMED. So my question is are you indeed still an Australian company, if so why are you being so UN AUSTRALIAN. Surely you are making enough money out of people with such problems without promoting competition. Your masks were not always made of the compound you are currently using, many people I have talked with experience similar problems. Your representative didn’t care if I was experiencing problems or offer a suitable alternative other than returning the product or trialing a full face mask made from the same compound. Makes little sense to me and to the retailer involved.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

The product works as described BUT RESMED obviously does not have faith in the workmanship of their product as the warranty period is very short. 7 days--AirTouch™ UltraSoft™ memory foam cushion. 90 days--Mask systems (including mask frame, cushion, headgear and tubing), Humidifier water tubs, ClimateLine™ tubes, ClimateLineAir™ tubes, Standard tubes, SlimLine™ tubes. I would look around for better warranty before buying this product again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

The machine helps you sleep and breathe easier. It is easy to use and follow the direction and it has a easy carry around case. The mask is comfortable too. I would recommend it for a lot of situations. If you have trouble breathing at night this machine is it. Always check yourself or have a love one monitor you to see if the CPAP is needed. The cost is low and your insurance will cover it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The machine is easy to use. It puts me to sleep really fast, and my doctor said I would get a better night sleep and I really sleep well all night. Wish I had gotten a long time ago. It is easy to get replacement. I feel good but it is not very comfortable to wear and I wish it didn't so tight because it leaves mark on face. And when you use for a while it starts to leak around rubber a little. Also, they could find a better to wear the headband.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This ResMed unit keeps track of usage and reports it remotely so that "badges" are awarded for using it at least six hours per night for at least 21 of the last 30 days. That lets the physician also know if the device is being used as it should. The headgear attaches to the mask in 4 spots. The top two are fixed once adjusted, while the bottom two are attached to magnets which then snap into place, making it easy to take off and on while keeping the straps adjusted. It's comfortable and easy to use, and relatively quiet. But since the device can detect air leakage, it would be nice if it could also tell you which strap to tighten or loosen.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Using the ResMed was simple, it was comfortable to wear once I got the proper size mask. I got quality sleep so it did what it was intended to do. I could reset the machine but had to call for instructions sometimes to be certain I got it correct. It was easy to access and clean the water reservoir since the lid could be easily removed. The hose attached in a convenient location and the mask fit was good. On the other hand, it did not report my usage via wifi like my new one does. This is a great convenience and eliminates the need for taking the machine to the doctor's office. It also was a little too large. The settings were easy to accidentally reset.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

ResMed works really good and has a digital display for its components that makes it easy for my tired old eyes to focus on and see. I have seen other machines and they are not as nice as mine. I just wish the masks fit better.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

ResMed is simple to use. I especially like the comfortable face mask and the ability to keep it clean without a lot of thing hanging down from my face. I turn a lot in my sleep and this one stays in place nicely and allows me to sleep comfortable without even noticing it's there. Also, it definitely improves my quality of sleep by reducing snoring. This mask was passed one time by my father, who also suffers from sleep apnea. I have tried other sleep apnea masks as well. An old professor used to pass me his machines each time he received a new one.

However, ResMed is somewhat heavy and I do not find it as convenient to travel with on the road. Given that it is necessary to use it each time I sleep to ensure that I don't stop treating, it must stay somewhere near the bed at all times. Would like something that can fit more compactly on a bedside nightstand. I would also appreciate one that could be tucked more out of sight and would be convenient to reach my face.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

ResMed is simple to use, Once I got use to wearing the face mask it don't bother me as much anymore. It help me get a deep sleep like I should get because if I forget to put it on before I fall asleep I can tell the next day. I like it cause I can set the vapor on the machine so I can get enough moisture, plus it tells how many hrs I sleep for the night. I also like they put a heating coil in the hose so the vapor won't be so cold in the winter. But then, I would change the filter and how it is connected to the machine. I would put a heavier cord on it and take the box thing out of the cord cause if it overheats it will either cut off the machine or set something on fire.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

The ResMed machine is very quiet and I have been able to sleep well. I like the fact that I don't get colds as much as other household members because it is on me all night and it fits well. However, it goes through the water very fast. I would like it to be easier to clean, more mobile, and easier to take with me on the go. Nevertheless, it is quite simple to use. I hooked it up and it was ready to go. The company keeps track of my sleep and I am able to let my doctor know very easily.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I like the way it helps me breathe and it's quiet. It is easy to use too. It is comfortable and it helps me get quality sleep. I feel refreshed the next day. I don't believe I could sleep without it. In fact I would be afraid to sleep without it. Sometimes it does not seem to fit properly, though. I tighten it constantly and it loosens overnight. Sometimes the water tray also gets grimy even if I wash it daily.

ResMed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ResMed is known for its medical devices and cloud-based software applications that help diagnose, treat and manage sleep apnea and other related diseases. Its team of around 5,000 employees remotely monitor over 2 million patients daily across more than 100 countries. It makes multiple models of CPAP machines including CPAP, APAP and Bi-level machines to accommodate different patient types.

• CPAP series: ResMed has two models of CPAP machines: the AirSense 10 CPAP and the AirSense 10 Elite. Both models include an integrated humidifier, quiet motors and cellular connectivity. The Elite model includes a premium, fixed-pressure device and advanced event detection, which monitors your breathing for Central Sleep Apnea (CSA), Respiratory Effort Related Arousal (RERA) and Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and relays that information to your physician.

• APAP series: ResMed offers separate APAP models for men and women. Patients who find it hard to adjust to a CPAP machine may find APAP more comfortable. Both models include premium auto-adjusting pressure devices with integrated dehumidifiers, cellular connectivity and advanced event detection. ResMed uses a different algorithm for women to monitor flow limitation and air pressure.

• Bi-level series: Bi-level or BiPAP machines use two pressure settings, one for inhalation and one for exhalation, allowing patients to get more air in and out of their lungs. ResMed offers multiple models of Bi-level machines that can be more comfortable for patients who have difficulty adjusting to CPAP treatment.

• CPAP masks: ResMed designs and makes over 30 CPAP mask styles and fits, including full- and open-face, pediatric and nasal masks. Its nasal pillows are lightweight, open and unobtrusive and fit snugly over your nasal passages.

• Online store: ResMed has their own online store for purchasing sleep therapy devices including CPAP, APAP, Bi-level and CPAP masks. It requires an online account and provides a secure checkout and simple returns.

• Best for: sleep therapy patients who want a variety of CPAP machines and masks to choose from.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs