2.9/5 (88 ratings)

About ResMed

ResMed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResMed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResMed?

Original review: June 26, 2021

ResMed stats/report comes up on iPad. Asked to sign in again and again on iPhone. Says password is incorrect even though same password works on iPad. They give customer 800 number to call which turns out to be shill for offers on car warranty, health insurance, etc. And then breaks call after declining all. Is there an alternative company I can go to?

Original review: March 24, 2021

In March of 2020 I got a new Airsense 10 Autoset and was very happy with it for about six months. Then it started making a loud flapping noise which neither my wife nor I could sleep through. I got a warranty exchange but after a couple of months the same thing happened with the new Airsense so another warranty exchange. Same thing happened to the third machine so now I am on my fourth machine in a year. The respiratory tech says that he is exchanges these Airsense machines about 15-20 times a week, far, far more than Respironics machines. Resmed has a big problem that they will not admit to.

Get buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Owned machine 4 full years, with initial repair at year two, leaking air seals due to whistling noise. Repair cost back to dealer was $150. At year 4, whizzing noise and repair estimate is $550; told motherboard, motor, seals and other parts need replacing. I did not opt for this second repair. Use experience was generally good. Never opted to use humidifier so no water damage, dropping of machine etc., to account for failures. I don't feel you should have to more or less replace the whole machine due to costs every 4 years. Also, all internal parts for repair by someone like me (I repair cell phones, other sensitive electronics) are unavailable anywhere as far as I can tell. Some "repair centers" will admit they just send units back to manufacturer. They are middle-men.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I have been sick for 2 years because of a machine that was 3 yrs old, I cleaned it as recommended, I took the entire machine apart and it was full of mold!!! Who tested this product and felt it was safe for the retail market? I will never wear a cpap machine again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

A provider took my order Aug 28 and submitted to RESMED. ResMed did not ship the product until Sept 14 to the provider. They blamed the mess on Covid-19 and FedEx. So if you ever have a problem just use Covid-19 as an excuse. I will never do business with them again and just go to a competitor.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I am from Malaysia. Bought the machine early this year from local supplier. Rust build up in my Airsense 10 Autoset water chamber. It is detrimental to health if I keep using the machine. Poor Quality finish or product for a machine that I paid so much. Very Disappointing.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I have been using the Airsense 10 Autoset for five years and I have never once experienced a single problem with the machine or the Ap. I see several complaints on this review board for this CPAP machine and I can honestly say I have never witnessed or observed not one single problem with this CPAP. Build quality is excellent, the humidifier is excellent with never a problem. I replace the chamber each year even though the other is still working fine. I use the nose pillows from Resmed and they work great as well, with a new head-band being purchased every two months. I promise you will not be disappointed with this CPAP machine.

Original review: June 3, 2020

The machine has started to WHINE when being used for about 30 min., this is very annoying and is loud enough to wake myself and my wife. I've sent numerous questions about this issue with no response. WHAT DO I DO>.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I have had this CPAP for 6 months and it works great. Originally I was given nose pillows and I had a problem with the pillows hurting my nose. I took the package I got from the sleep study and it had an under the nose with a slit. This has been great. I was a stomach sleeper and now I sleep 90% on my back now and a little on my side. This took care of the problem of any air leakage. I asked for a full face mask in case my nose plugged up from a cold. It didn't work at all, I went back to the under nose one. My unit was set to ramp up to pressure and I was dying for air so I changed it to on right away, now I have full air pressure in about 2 seconds. I have had a score of 100% for 5 months. 6 more months and it will be mine. I got my unit from a local supply store and they send the free masks, filters and hoses every 3 months. Anytime I have a problem it's free and they take care of it the next day, even free delivery for everything.

Original review: March 13, 2020

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAPPY PRODUCT. I paid $200 for a face mask I can no longer use due to poor quality, ResMed were horrible to deal with and I will never buy another Resmed inferior product again and I hope this review will help you to decide NOT to buy a Resmed product. Much better products out there. Their customer support is all care no responsibility.

ResMed author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ResMed is known for its medical devices and cloud-based software applications that help diagnose, treat and manage sleep apnea and other related diseases. Its team of around 5,000 employees remotely monitor over 2 million patients daily across more than 100 countries. It makes multiple models of CPAP machines including CPAP, APAP and Bi-level machines to accommodate different patient types.

• CPAP series: ResMed has two models of CPAP machines: the AirSense 10 CPAP and the AirSense 10 Elite. Both models include an integrated humidifier, quiet motors and cellular connectivity. The Elite model includes a premium, fixed-pressure device and advanced event detection, which monitors your breathing for Central Sleep Apnea (CSA), Respiratory Effort Related Arousal (RERA) and Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and relays that information to your physician.

• APAP series: ResMed offers separate APAP models for men and women. Patients who find it hard to adjust to a CPAP machine may find APAP more comfortable. Both models include premium auto-adjusting pressure devices with integrated dehumidifiers, cellular connectivity and advanced event detection. ResMed uses a different algorithm for women to monitor flow limitation and air pressure.

• Bi-level series: Bi-level or BiPAP machines use two pressure settings, one for inhalation and one for exhalation, allowing patients to get more air in and out of their lungs. ResMed offers multiple models of Bi-level machines that can be more comfortable for patients who have difficulty adjusting to CPAP treatment.

• CPAP masks: ResMed designs and makes over 30 CPAP mask styles and fits, including full- and open-face, pediatric and nasal masks. Its nasal pillows are lightweight, open and unobtrusive and fit snugly over your nasal passages.

• Online store: ResMed has their own online store for purchasing sleep therapy devices including CPAP, APAP, Bi-level and CPAP masks. It requires an online account and provides a secure checkout and simple returns.

ResMed Company Information