3.8/5 (166 ratings)

About ResMed

ResMed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResMed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResMed?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I have a ResMed 10, love it. But the face mask that I ordered because I'm a mouth/nose breather has been a big disappointment. Within 80 days I have had to replace the Frame twice and am on my third one that just broke yesterday, which leaves me without a sleeping mask. I have returned the mask twice before to the vendor and feel that they are irritated with me returning the mask for replacement. The mask has a MAJOR flaw. The mask is made of poor quality plastic in the area of connecting the mask to the frame. The little snap catch which connects the mask and frame together always breaks off after a few weeks.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Having purchased this unit and have used it for a while it stopped giving me heat options for my Resmed heated hose. I ordered a new hose and tried with no luck. I watched some videos on how to take the machine apart and found the internal ribbon cable where it connects to the hose to be broken in half and the unit has never left my nightstand. I have tried to find a cable or even to get the cable repaired with no success.

I have tried to reach out to Resmed but they will not return my email, seems that parts cannot be purchased as other disgruntled clients have posted on forums. The cable is easy enough to access and would take 10 mins to replace but it cannot be purchased. If I was to send it for repair from Canada it would cost me hundreds of dollars and I would be without my unit for the time to be shipped. I cannot tell you how disappointing this is on a 2 thousand dollar machine not to be able to buy a $20 part. I will definitely NOT RECOMMEND buying one of these and will seek the competition and share my story as much as possible.

Get buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I have a ResMed CPAP machine and it is the worst experience of my life. You cannot move, you must stay in the coffin position all night or it leaks. If I move my head at all the noise from the air leaking out awakens me and my wife. I have tried different masks and tubings to no avail.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Beginning May 10, 2022, I have a new ResMed 11 CPAP machine. This is my 3rd ResMed machine and, progressively over time, the filter design has become ridiculously small in the RedMed 11 machine! Considering the volume of air moving through the machine, I consider the filter size to be completely inadequate. I have an exceptionally clean house and change the filter monthly/bi-monthly. I also use a Respironics #342777 inline filter and it is visibly equally as contaminated (gray in appearance) as the ResMed machine filter. The #342777 filter acts as a secondary filter and catches particulates that would enter my lungs. Please respond with your engineering reasoning for having a small surface area filter in the ResMed 11 machine.

Regards,
    Douglas

Upon request, I can supply a photo of the filters.

Original review: July 20, 2022

This could have been a great APAP machine. If the same accessories were available for it as for their other machines. As is I started using it in April. To date there are no approved battery packs for this device and after recently being put on oxygen I've found out the climateline tubing only allows for oxygen to come in at the mask frame. I was told that they would likely have something in fall or early winter. Until then I have a large plastic adapter on top of my mask frame with an L shaped attachment for the O2 line. My mask has to be cinched so tight I am getting sores in order to keep it on at night. It is simply too heavy.

Original review: May 30, 2022

I hired a ResMed airsense 10 after I did a sleep study and was classified with sever sleep apnea by resmed themselves (Handy). I then purchased a machine from resmed (they tried charging me $800 dollars more but price matched after I did some research). They then have continued to take the hire charge for 6 months and refuse to stop because they cannot locate the hire machine, (they sent a return post bag with the new machine).

Original review: May 23, 2022

To meet medicare compliance get an SD card with your as11. CS is a joke. "It's under warranty."..not the software! The app doesn't record correct amount of hours. Told me that it was only for looking at their videos online??? The software is a management tool system.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Facts. ResMed Machine broke after 6 months. Sent it back and 2 months later ResMed said they couldn’t repair, would send a new machine instead. Couldn’t sign onto MyAir with new machine because material number was in use (i.e. it was not new). Now having problems signing on, and when I reset password, my data is lost. Sent emails to customer service (you can’t call them), and they answer the wrong questions. If you purchase a machine and have no problems - thank your stars. When you have a problem it all falls apart.

Original review: March 28, 2022

My wife received this new AirSense11 as a result of a recall of her previous AirSense 9. When we received it, we admired it small, sleek appearance and she was anxious to try its new features. That is when the disappointment started. The machine is not designed for use by anyone who does not have adequate strength and agility in his or her hands, as my wife does not. To remove the humidifier chamber, one must squeeze the chamber to crush the seal enough to allow two small protrusions on the top of the chamber to clear their recesses so that you can slide it out. This is something which she cannot do.

Then once it is out, you must unlatch the upper chamber retainer from the lower chamber tabs. To do this one must pull out on the latch with one hand while holding a chamber that has NO gripping surface, so that the top can be opened. Even though I have pretty good strength in my hands, trying to grip the smooth, rounded tank is difficult AND holding the tank closed is not easy because the chamber begins it roll to the bottom with nothing to press down on. I am able to do so, but she is almost totally unable to open the tank.

Filling the tank is frustrating, also. Its "MAX" fill line is high enough that the water runs out the back of the tank just BEFORE you actually get to the line. ResMed claims that the size of the chamber is the same as the ResMed 10 (which I use) and so I tested it. The capacity of the two tanks are identical. But filling the 11 creates a lot of spilled water on the counter. Closing the tank is no problem. Mopping up the overflow is. Insertion of the tank is straight forward and simple.

Don't get me started on the "MYAIR" app, which does not give one any ability to monitor the use in real time, and it only connects on odd days in different weeks of the celestial calendar, if at all. The "MYAIR" app also includes not adjustment that can be made, such as the ramp time, which can be changed from the console, or the humidity setting, which also is available on the console. If it is available on the console, modern communications should allow adjustments to be made using the smart phone or from the console.

In all, the machine is quiet, it is physically attractive and it seems to work well once one gets around the very poor ergonomics of the design. If something happens to me, that would preclude me helping her, I don't think that she would be able to remove and open the tank, rendering the humidifier totally unusable to her.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

This machine replaced my ResMed S9 which was a wonderful machine and lasted a long time. The AirSense 10 has caused me nothing but trouble, especially interruption of sleep because of some noise or another. At first it was part of the hose and mask system but I jerryrigged a solution to that and it was quieter for a while, then the machine itself started making this horribly loud whining sound when I breathe. Very difficult to go to sleep and stay asleep. Even my husband was complaining. The premise is good and when it was quiet it worked well but most of the time it is just too noisy. I am not sure where to go or what to do next. It is only 1 year old. I dread trying to go to sleep each night.

ResMed author review by Diana McCarthy

ResMed is known for its medical devices and cloud-based software applications that help diagnose, treat and manage sleep apnea and other related diseases. Its team of around 5,000 employees remotely monitor over 2 million patients daily across more than 100 countries. It makes multiple models of CPAP machines including CPAP, APAP and Bi-level machines to accommodate different patient types.

• CPAP series: ResMed has two models of CPAP machines: the AirSense 10 CPAP and the AirSense 10 Elite. Both models include an integrated humidifier, quiet motors and cellular connectivity. The Elite model includes a premium, fixed-pressure device and advanced event detection, which monitors your breathing for Central Sleep Apnea (CSA), Respiratory Effort Related Arousal (RERA) and Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and relays that information to your physician.

• APAP series: ResMed offers separate APAP models for men and women. Patients who find it hard to adjust to a CPAP machine may find APAP more comfortable. Both models include premium auto-adjusting pressure devices with integrated dehumidifiers, cellular connectivity and advanced event detection. ResMed uses a different algorithm for women to monitor flow limitation and air pressure.

• Bi-level series: Bi-level or BiPAP machines use two pressure settings, one for inhalation and one for exhalation, allowing patients to get more air in and out of their lungs. ResMed offers multiple models of Bi-level machines that can be more comfortable for patients who have difficulty adjusting to CPAP treatment.

• CPAP masks: ResMed designs and makes over 30 CPAP mask styles and fits, including full- and open-face, pediatric and nasal masks. Its nasal pillows are lightweight, open and unobtrusive and fit snugly over your nasal passages.

• Online store: ResMed has their own online store for purchasing sleep therapy devices including CPAP, APAP, Bi-level and CPAP masks. It requires an online account and provides a secure checkout and simple returns.

by Diana McCarthy Contributing Writer

Diana McCarthy has covered a variety of consumer-focused topics but specializes in writing about real estate, local neighborhoods, property management and home improvement. Diana contributed to ConsumerAffairs for several years and has a bachelor’s degree in communication and media studies from the University of Central Florida.

ResMed Company Information