3.7/5 (72 ratings)

About ResMed

ResMed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResMed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResMed?

Original review: April 17, 2022

Facts. ResMed Machine broke after 6 months. Sent it back and 2 months later ResMed said they couldn’t repair, would send a new machine instead. Couldn’t sign onto MyAir with new machine because material number was in use (i.e. it was not new). Now having problems signing on, and when I reset password, my data is lost. Sent emails to customer service (you can’t call them), and they answer the wrong questions. If you purchase a machine and have no problems - thank your stars. When you have a problem it all falls apart.

Original review: March 28, 2022

My wife received this new AirSense11 as a result of a recall of her previous AirSense 9. When we received it, we admired it small, sleek appearance and she was anxious to try its new features. That is when the disappointment started. The machine is not designed for use by anyone who does not have adequate strength and agility in his or her hands, as my wife does not. To remove the humidifier chamber, one must squeeze the chamber to crush the seal enough to allow two small protrusions on the top of the chamber to clear their recesses so that you can slide it out. This is something which she cannot do.

Then once it is out, you must unlatch the upper chamber retainer from the lower chamber tabs. To do this one must pull out on the latch with one hand while holding a chamber that has NO gripping surface, so that the top can be opened. Even though I have pretty good strength in my hands, trying to grip the smooth, rounded tank is difficult AND holding the tank closed is not easy because the chamber begins it roll to the bottom with nothing to press down on. I am able to do so, but she is almost totally unable to open the tank.

Filling the tank is frustrating, also. Its "MAX" fill line is high enough that the water runs out the back of the tank just BEFORE you actually get to the line. ResMed claims that the size of the chamber is the same as the ResMed 10 (which I use) and so I tested it. The capacity of the two tanks are identical. But filling the 11 creates a lot of spilled water on the counter. Closing the tank is no problem. Mopping up the overflow is. Insertion of the tank is straight forward and simple.

Don't get me started on the "MYAIR" app, which does not give one any ability to monitor the use in real time, and it only connects on odd days in different weeks of the celestial calendar, if at all. The "MYAIR" app also includes not adjustment that can be made, such as the ramp time, which can be changed from the console, or the humidity setting, which also is available on the console. If it is available on the console, modern communications should allow adjustments to be made using the smart phone or from the console.

In all, the machine is quiet, it is physically attractive and it seems to work well once one gets around the very poor ergonomics of the design. If something happens to me, that would preclude me helping her, I don't think that she would be able to remove and open the tank, rendering the humidifier totally unusable to her.

Get buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

This machine replaced my ResMed S9 which was a wonderful machine and lasted a long time. The AirSense 10 has caused me nothing but trouble, especially interruption of sleep because of some noise or another. At first it was part of the hose and mask system but I jerryrigged a solution to that and it was quieter for a while, then the machine itself started making this horribly loud whining sound when I breathe. Very difficult to go to sleep and stay asleep. Even my husband was complaining. The premise is good and when it was quiet it worked well but most of the time it is just too noisy. I am not sure where to go or what to do next. It is only 1 year old. I dread trying to go to sleep each night.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I am having issues with the AirMini app that controls my CPAP machine. I have tried to contact ResMed and they told me to go to the dealer I purchased it from. When I did that the dealer told me I had to contact ResMed. I contacted them again and they gave me another dealer who could help me. I contacted this second dealer and they are transferring me to a third dealer who is now sending me to another support number. This is absolutely ridiculous. The company itself will not offer support and uses the excuse that they don't sell directly to consumers. I have little hope at this point of finding a way to use this machine.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

ResMed has changed the design of the AirFit N30i nasal mask cushion. It is now all soft silicone with no hard plastic piece running the length of the cushion. It does not maintain a good seal around the nose without the support of the plastic. Any pressure on the mask deforms the silicone, breaking the seal.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

We purchased this ResMed machine in September 2021 and 2 months later the water chamber started to leak. By the morning no water in the chamber. Tried again the next night and the same happened and the message came up on the screen to say as much. Contacted the 1800 no and as we were over 2 hours out of Melbourne for a few days, told to drive 1 1/2hrs away to get a replacement. We waited until we got back to Melbourne and went to the store in Mitcham. The chamber was replaced. We were told that this is not a one off situation! We are surprised as these machines are over $1000.00 to buy and you would think the parts would last longer than 2 months! We only hope this one lasts a bit longer!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I had a dream station, but recall and time changed me to a ResMed CPAP. I know that the Philips Dream Station is having problems, but basic design and the monitoring app are way nicer than the ResMed. The hose location on the ResMed is not easy to work with, to get the best position, the unit has to be turned around. The water tank is hard to remove, and again you have to turn the unit around to remove the water tank and info on the pressure starting and finishing are not shown. And the app is useless. But at the moment, there are no other options!

Original review: June 26, 2021

ResMed stats/report comes up on iPad. Asked to sign in again and again on iPhone. Says password is incorrect even though same password works on iPad. They give customer 800 number to call which turns out to be shill for offers on car warranty, health insurance, etc. And then breaks call after declining all. Is there an alternative company I can go to?

Original review: March 24, 2021

In March of 2020 I got a new Airsense 10 Autoset and was very happy with it for about six months. Then it started making a loud flapping noise which neither my wife nor I could sleep through. I got a warranty exchange but after a couple of months the same thing happened with the new Airsense so another warranty exchange. Same thing happened to the third machine so now I am on my fourth machine in a year. The respiratory tech says that he is exchanges these Airsense machines about 15-20 times a week, far, far more than Respironics machines. Resmed has a big problem that they will not admit to.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Owned machine 4 full years, with initial repair at year two, leaking air seals due to whistling noise. Repair cost back to dealer was $150. At year 4, whizzing noise and repair estimate is $550; told motherboard, motor, seals and other parts need replacing. I did not opt for this second repair. Use experience was generally good. Never opted to use humidifier so no water damage, dropping of machine etc., to account for failures. I don't feel you should have to more or less replace the whole machine due to costs every 4 years. Also, all internal parts for repair by someone like me (I repair cell phones, other sensitive electronics) are unavailable anywhere as far as I can tell. Some "repair centers" will admit they just send units back to manufacturer. They are middle-men.

ResMed author review by Diana McCarthy

ResMed is known for its medical devices and cloud-based software applications that help diagnose, treat and manage sleep apnea and other related diseases. Its team of around 5,000 employees remotely monitor over 2 million patients daily across more than 100 countries. It makes multiple models of CPAP machines including CPAP, APAP and Bi-level machines to accommodate different patient types.

• CPAP series: ResMed has two models of CPAP machines: the AirSense 10 CPAP and the AirSense 10 Elite. Both models include an integrated humidifier, quiet motors and cellular connectivity. The Elite model includes a premium, fixed-pressure device and advanced event detection, which monitors your breathing for Central Sleep Apnea (CSA), Respiratory Effort Related Arousal (RERA) and Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and relays that information to your physician.

• APAP series: ResMed offers separate APAP models for men and women. Patients who find it hard to adjust to a CPAP machine may find APAP more comfortable. Both models include premium auto-adjusting pressure devices with integrated dehumidifiers, cellular connectivity and advanced event detection. ResMed uses a different algorithm for women to monitor flow limitation and air pressure.

• Bi-level series: Bi-level or BiPAP machines use two pressure settings, one for inhalation and one for exhalation, allowing patients to get more air in and out of their lungs. ResMed offers multiple models of Bi-level machines that can be more comfortable for patients who have difficulty adjusting to CPAP treatment.

• CPAP masks: ResMed designs and makes over 30 CPAP mask styles and fits, including full- and open-face, pediatric and nasal masks. Its nasal pillows are lightweight, open and unobtrusive and fit snugly over your nasal passages.

• Online store: ResMed has their own online store for purchasing sleep therapy devices including CPAP, APAP, Bi-level and CPAP masks. It requires an online account and provides a secure checkout and simple returns.

by Diana McCarthy Contributing Writer

Diana McCarthy has covered a variety of consumer-focused topics but specializes in writing about real estate, local neighborhoods, property management and home improvement. Diana contributed to ConsumerAffairs for several years and has a bachelor’s degree in communication and media studies from the University of Central Florida.

ResMed Company Information