Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.86/5

ResMed Reviews

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Even when fitted by NH hospital the headpieces tried were either too loose or too tight. The masks tried had same problem. The'exhaust' is close to face and blows so hard it wakens me. Not as good as my old CPAP.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I bought a brand new one, humidifiers didn’t work. They sent me another one. It was exactly 2 years to and it’s saying that the seal is not working properly and it’s leaking water. In fact it damaged my dresser top. I called the company they passed me around about five times and then I finally got an email saying here is the address you can mail it to. If you want to get it fixed, will give you a quote or if you decide not to, $65.00 charge plus shipping.. I’m going to buy an supplies and future ones for the rest of my life. I will make sure it is not their brand of anything! Terrible customer service, not professional or nice people to deal with.

Get expert buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

In the morning air blows so hard that the sound of the air leaks on my mask wakes me up every day. I returned to McLaren with the machine and they were unable to help. This has been a problem from day one and was unable the find any thing in the menu to help. Research tells me that the problem is with ramping up.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Res Med is worth 2 billion, how is that possible, the machine is rinky dink, the service is very, very poor, I doesn't work, they are a con. Thankfully, I got rid of it before I was stuck with it. I suspect the have some kind of kick back arrangement with the Doctors.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

ALL customers should be warned about the abysmal quality of ResMed replacement equipment quality. In the past SIX WEEKS I have had to replace the water tank TWICE because of leaking, glue together the magnet holders on the NEW HEADGEAR twice, & now glue together the magnet holder "arms" twice in 6 weeks. People on fixed incomes CANNOT afford to pay ResMed's sky-high prices for substandard quality replacement equipment & it is a disservice giving high ratings to a company who doesn't really seem to care about the quality of the equipment they produce! Those of us buying CPAP equipment sometimes base our purchase on what others say & it is imperative that customers are warned about the extreme costs it takes to use ResMed CPAP equipment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResMed?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have 2 products that I attempted to use. How in today's world can a company put LATEX? ON ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS. It either has it or it doesn't. Both the F30 Reference number 64101 AND the N30i with reference number 63801 have the same markings. LATEX?? Since I am sensitive to latex, I kept wondering why I was constantly rubbing my face and nose esp after I got up. In searching thru my packaging---I found the Latex? On the wrapper, even though both the store and the original phone number I had assured me there is no Latex in their Products. I had my care center and the home care company looking for answers and all I kept getting is there is no latex in their products. I have reached my ZERO tolerance when it comes to Latex. In today's medical environment--this is INEXCUSABLE.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I got my first AirSense machine five years ago. One year ago it failed by forcing too much air into my mouth consistently and not letting me breathe out. I then went to Nunn's Medical in Syracuse NY. They advised me I need a rental at 20.00 wk while mine gets repaired. That was supposed to be two weeks. I called my insurance company and they told me if the machine is broken and out of warranty they will allow me to get a new machine. I called Nunn's back and they told me they sent my machine back and it still would be an estimated two weeks but not exact, they stopped the rent on my borrowed machine. It is now a year later and my rental used machine is broken doing the same thing as my original machine did. They still refuse to give me a new machine even though my insurance wants me to get a new one. Many phone calls have been made to Nunn's Home Medical with no results, just stonewalling me.

Original review: July 9, 2019

The ResMed 10 water chamber is poorly designed compared to the ResMed 9 unit. The chamber holds a limited amount of water and easily overflows resulting in water damage. The ResMed 9 water tank well contains the humidifier water. ResMed 10 humidifier is a very poor design. If you have a ResMed 9, keep it until they fix the design flaws with the ResMed 10. The auto start and web interface isn't worth the money, even if your insurance is paying for it.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I was disappointed to find out ResMed products are not compatible with the So Clean machine. I wish I had known that before my husband brought it home. We would have found a different brand. This machine is not easy to clean and now I am worried that my husband will get an infection from using it.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have had nothing but restless night. I wake up exhausted and have to take naps to recuperate. I have tried 3 different masks. The manufacturer claims it takes two weeks to get used to this invention from hell. Nothing could be further from the truth. I absolutely hate this machine.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

ResMed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ResMed is known for its medical devices and cloud-based software applications that help diagnose, treat and manage sleep apnea and other related diseases. Its team of around 5,000 employees remotely monitor over 2 million patients daily across more than 100 countries. It makes multiple models of CPAP machines including CPAP, APAP and Bi-level machines to accommodate different patient types.

• CPAP series: ResMed has two models of CPAP machines: the AirSense 10 CPAP and the AirSense 10 Elite. Both models include an integrated humidifier, quiet motors and cellular connectivity. The Elite model includes a premium, fixed-pressure device and advanced event detection, which monitors your breathing for Central Sleep Apnea (CSA), Respiratory Effort Related Arousal (RERA) and Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and relays that information to your physician.

• APAP series: ResMed offers separate APAP models for men and women. Patients who find it hard to adjust to a CPAP machine may find APAP more comfortable. Both models include premium auto-adjusting pressure devices with integrated dehumidifiers, cellular connectivity and advanced event detection. ResMed uses a different algorithm for women to monitor flow limitation and air pressure.

• Bi-level series: Bi-level or BiPAP machines use two pressure settings, one for inhalation and one for exhalation, allowing patients to get more air in and out of their lungs. ResMed offers multiple models of Bi-level machines that can be more comfortable for patients who have difficulty adjusting to CPAP treatment.

• CPAP masks: ResMed designs and makes over 30 CPAP mask styles and fits, including full- and open-face, pediatric and nasal masks. Its nasal pillows are lightweight, open and unobtrusive and fit snugly over your nasal passages.

• Online store: ResMed has their own online store for purchasing sleep therapy devices including CPAP, APAP, Bi-level and CPAP masks. It requires an online account and provides a secure checkout and simple returns.

• Best for: sleep therapy patients who want a variety of CPAP machines and masks to choose from.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team