2.97/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

ResMed

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

ResMed Reviews

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

ALL customers should be warned about the abysmal quality of ResMed replacement equipment quality. In the past SIX WEEKS I have had to replace the water tank TWICE because of leaking, glue together the magnet holders on the NEW HEADGEAR twice, & now glue together the magnet holder "arms" twice in 6 weeks. People on fixed incomes CANNOT afford to pay ResMed's sky-high prices for substandard quality replacement equipment & it is a disservice giving high ratings to a company who doesn't really seem to care about the quality of the equipment they produce! Those of us buying CPAP equipment sometimes base our purchase on what others say & it is imperative that customers are warned about the extreme costs it takes to use ResMed CPAP equipment.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have 2 products that I attempted to use. How in today's world can a company put LATEX? ON ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS. It either has it or it doesn't. Both the F30 Reference number 64101 AND the N30i with reference number 63801 have the same markings. LATEX?? Since I am sensitive to latex, I kept wondering why I was constantly rubbing my face and nose esp after I got up. In searching thru my packaging---I found the Latex? On the wrapper, even though both the store and the original phone number I had assured me there is no Latex in their Products. I had my care center and the home care company looking for answers and all I kept getting is there is no latex in their products. I have reached my ZERO tolerance when it comes to Latex. In today's medical environment--this is INEXCUSABLE.

Get expert buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I got my first AirSense machine five years ago. One year ago it failed by forcing too much air into my mouth consistently and not letting me breathe out. I then went to Nunn's Medical in Syracuse NY. They advised me I need a rental at 20.00 wk while mine gets repaired. That was supposed to be two weeks. I called my insurance company and they told me if the machine is broken and out of warranty they will allow me to get a new machine. I called Nunn's back and they told me they sent my machine back and it still would be an estimated two weeks but not exact, they stopped the rent on my borrowed machine. It is now a year later and my rental used machine is broken doing the same thing as my original machine did. They still refuse to give me a new machine even though my insurance wants me to get a new one. Many phone calls have been made to Nunn's Home Medical with no results, just stonewalling me.

Original review: July 9, 2019

The ResMed 10 water chamber is poorly designed compared to the ResMed 9 unit. The chamber holds a limited amount of water and easily overflows resulting in water damage. The ResMed 9 water tank well contains the humidifier water. ResMed 10 humidifier is a very poor design. If you have a ResMed 9, keep it until they fix the design flaws with the ResMed 10. The auto start and web interface isn't worth the money, even if your insurance is paying for it.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I was disappointed to find out ResMed products are not compatible with the So Clean machine. I wish I had known that before my husband brought it home. We would have found a different brand. This machine is not easy to clean and now I am worried that my husband will get an infection from using it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResMed?

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have had nothing but restless night. I wake up exhausted and have to take naps to recuperate. I have tried 3 different masks. The manufacturer claims it takes two weeks to get used to this invention from hell. Nothing could be further from the truth. I absolutely hate this machine.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Child could have designed this better. Recently I was diagnosed having sleep apnea. The mask I was given was by ResMed. The straps holding it to my face are useless. There is NO adjustment allowed for prevently air from escaping. CRAP!!!

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have been using the AirSense 10 for approximately 9 months. Overall I’d say the experience was good. My sleep apnea has decreased. Issues that I’ve found with the device are as follows. 1 The water chamber is very difficult to wash and dry. The reasons are, 1 there are a lot of very sharp edges which are hard to clean. Second, there is a hole in the bottom of the chamber where water pools and stays in there the entire day breeding who knows what. The other issue is the data transfer rate.

The unit use cellular data, not Wifi. This is not the accepted transfer system for data today. It takes hours for me to get my results, not minutes. ResMed does not accept any phone calls nor emails. All complaints have to go through your supplier. The Suppliers can’t or won’t resolve any issues. My wife has a Fisher & Paykel sleep apnea machine, her water chamber is very easy to clean and dry, no sharp edges. But it also does not have WiFi. Please update your software to current data standards. Either WiFi or better still Bluetooth.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was recently diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and received the device in early January, 2019. Even with getting used to the machine and trying different masks, the improvement in sleep quality was apparent from the first night. Interruptions dropped from 25/hr to under 5 and I became aware of many more dreams. Wish I knew years earlier. Highly recommend and if you often feel tired, get checked out. Mask fitting is an art and highly personalized. I do recommend the new hose on top masks which help keep the hose out of the way. Having a good supplier is also important. M D Respiratory in NJ has been excellent.

Original review: March 21, 2019

The auto shut off detects even small leaks and shuts down causing me to suffocate! Which rudely awakens me several times during the night. These machines are designed to help you breathe, not smother you as this one does. I finally dragged out old machine (Respironics) without auto shutoff and slept without incident. This machine is old and whistles a bit but is still better than the ResMed. Also, to add water you have to pull out water tray, then open it to fill, close it, then insert it into the machine. One too many steps! The Respironics is simple, pull out tray, fill it, shove it back in, done deal! It takes two hands to fill the ResMed. This is a good example of technology biting us in the **!

ResMed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ResMed is known for its medical devices and cloud-based software applications that help diagnose, treat and manage sleep apnea and other related diseases. Its team of around 5,000 employees remotely monitor over 2 million patients daily across more than 100 countries. It makes multiple models of CPAP machines including CPAP, APAP and Bi-level machines to accommodate different patient types.

• CPAP series: ResMed has two models of CPAP machines: the AirSense 10 CPAP and the AirSense 10 Elite. Both models include an integrated humidifier, quiet motors and cellular connectivity. The Elite model includes a premium, fixed-pressure device and advanced event detection, which monitors your breathing for Central Sleep Apnea (CSA), Respiratory Effort Related Arousal (RERA) and Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and relays that information to your physician.

• APAP series: ResMed offers separate APAP models for men and women. Patients who find it hard to adjust to a CPAP machine may find APAP more comfortable. Both models include premium auto-adjusting pressure devices with integrated dehumidifiers, cellular connectivity and advanced event detection. ResMed uses a different algorithm for women to monitor flow limitation and air pressure.

• Bi-level series: Bi-level or BiPAP machines use two pressure settings, one for inhalation and one for exhalation, allowing patients to get more air in and out of their lungs. ResMed offers multiple models of Bi-level machines that can be more comfortable for patients who have difficulty adjusting to CPAP treatment.

• CPAP masks: ResMed designs and makes over 30 CPAP mask styles and fits, including full- and open-face, pediatric and nasal masks. Its nasal pillows are lightweight, open and unobtrusive and fit snugly over your nasal passages.

• Online store: ResMed has their own online store for purchasing sleep therapy devices including CPAP, APAP, Bi-level and CPAP masks. It requires an online account and provides a secure checkout and simple returns.

• Best for: sleep therapy patients who want a variety of CPAP machines and masks to choose from.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs