Call toll free
4.47/5
Based on 260 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recovery Centers of America (RCA) is the fastest growing addiction treatment provider in the U.S., making treatment for addiction and other mental health disorders as affordable and accessible as any other disease. With world-class clinical treatment in state-of-the-art facilities throughout New England, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland, every RCA patient is given the highest standard of care and evidence-based treatment with dignity and respect close to where they live and work.

263 Recovery Centers of America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 28, 2018

I’ve always been a social drinker but in the last few years it got worse and it started to scare me. I was gonna stop drinking on my own but I just couldn't do it. When I decided I needed treatment, my husband went online and looked to see what was compatible with our insurance. Recovery Centers of America got a good overall review.

RCA's place was very nice in appearance. I was very scared, very nervous and very ashamed, and they treated me very respectfully. I did appreciate that very much. The staff were very nice. I had a primary therapist and we met privately and in groups. She was very good. She got me to get outside my comfort zone. She was very fair and I think she really did a wonderful job with me.

They also have the rehabilitation support specialists. They were wonderful. They did groups and it really was a well-designed program from my experience. There was some complaining with some of the younger patients and it was mostly for good, because they weren’t able to socialize with the male population as much as they like. It was very well supervised. The reason I went there was I needed professional help and I’m not a professional so I took advantage of it. I did everything they asked me to do and I really learned a lot about myself and had wonderful experiences. I can’t tell how many wonderful people are employed there. I can’t say one negative thing.

Right now, I’m feeling very good. I also have very good family support. I think that’s very important. When I first came out, I got involved with AA right away, going to meetings and doing the steps. I initially got into what they call a PHP, which was partial hospital program and that was every day -- Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 2:30 and that was two weeks and now

I’m in what they call IOP, which is intensive outpatient program and I’m currently in my second week of that. That is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9:00 to 11:15. And I’m back to work. My work was very supportive of me and I’m very grateful. I had a case manager who handled all my insurance and my aftercare and they got me set up. I l left the rehabilitation center on a Thursday and I went right to the Malvern Institute. I did the interview there and then I asked if I could start Monday. I didn’t wanna start the next day because I just wanted to get acclimated. I wanted to get some meetings in and try to network a little bit. But they really were helpful. And I also had what they call a family therapist, which he was very wonderful in keeping me in touch with my family.

There was a five-day blackout period where you can’t really speak. If he was in the room, you could make a phone call on a speaker phone. There was never a privacy. But it was at least reassuring to be able to talk with family members. I really wanted to get better. I think some people go in RCA were either forced or court ordered and I think a lot of them, especially the younger ones,. And they’re very nice people even to the patients. They really gave a lot of bonding time. You really got to be in a relationship. It was really nice. I think some of the patients just were not happy and most of it had to do with regulations. But I thought all the rules were very fair.

Recovery Centers of America response

Hello Jeanmarie! I am happy to hear you’re feeling good. Thank you for your feedback. Do you want to help alumni, families and friends maintain a life in meaningful recovery? Do you want to help plan activities, meetings and events that promote community, networking, service and FUN in recovery in your neighborhood? Do you want to save lives and join a rapidly growing recovery community of inspiring, dedicated, and compassionate souls? If the answer is yes to any of the questions above, please call 610-994-2908 or reply to this email to learn more about volunteering for the Alumni Association or events near you. Alumni, families friends and current patients get so much out of their involvement in the Alumni Association, I have no doubt you will too.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 24, 2018

I really appreciate my stay at the Recovery Centers of America. They did great work with me. I was pleased that they picked me up in an unmarked vehicle that didn’t reveal to my neighbors who was picking me up. And it was a nice car, so it could have been anybody, like someone taking me to the airport. It was cool that the car was filled with snacks that were decent. Plus, the driver was very nice and friendly. And when we arrived there, both staff and faces were very welcoming. The facilities where I stayed were gorgeous too.

They had a lot of wonderful staff people. And while they weren’t all perfect, I had a lot of staff members who went above and beyond to help me and support me and make my stay comfortable. There was a time when they changed my room, but the cleaning staff was busy so they forgot to clean the shower stall. I didn’t discover that until 11:30 at night and I didn’t want to clean it myself. It was really dirty because of some other client that was there before me so I said something to them. A nurse came, got on her hands and knees and cleaned the shower stall out. I was amazed that a nurse would do that.

Also, it was unsolicited but the same cleaning lady who had forgotten to clean that shower came back to me and profusely apologized. I didn’t expect that from her, but she pulled me up specifically to tell me about that. Because I was treated so nicely and it was such a nice facility, I can have less feelings of guilt and shame about what I've been through, which helped me stay focused and not beat myself up. But they could improve their group programming and cultural competence.

Recovery Centers of America response

Hello Duane! Thank you for your feedback. Do you want to help alumni, families and friends maintain a life in meaningful recovery? Do you want to help plan activities, meetings and events that promote community, networking, service and FUN in recovery in your neighborhood? Do you want to save lives and join a rapidly growing recovery community of inspiring, dedicated, and compassionate souls? If the answer is yes to any of the questions above, please call 610-994-2908 or reply to this email to learn more about volunteering for the Alumni Association or events near you. Alumni, families friends and current patients get so much out of their involvement in the Alumni Association, I have no doubt you will too.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My wife called and researched, and 12 places would not take me because I was on a certain prescribed medication for three years. She found some woman who gave her an advocate’s number. She called RCA and it was Godsent. The facility was brand new and was really nice. Everybody there was professional and getting checked in was smooth. I got into my room and I slept the first few days because I passed out and the first night, I actually freaked out a little bit. But the facility director, Luke and Christina and all the way down to the RSS's, which handled us were unbelievable. Out of 100 maybe only one or two I didn’t get along with. Everyone that worked there was in the highest percentage you can ask for.

I’m on my 22nd day of my 90-in-90 with AA. I’ve just seen the difference of what people deal with an outpatient approach. First of all, when you get there to detox, they let you detox. It was not like getting ripped out of your bed and saying go. They brought me food because I wouldn’t move out of my bed eventually. In there I thought like they were moving us around too quickly and everything was limited and had time constraints because of the structure from the roll call in the morning, the evening stuff and everything in between but it all makes sense when you leave.

I'm from Long Island, New York and it took me almost 3 hours to get there. It’s a great business model and I told them they should use that and open those places all in the country. They brought in a therapy dog one time and the cafeteria offered everything you could ask for. There wasn’t one thing they missed. And I had an experience with Luke, who’s just a smart guy. He happened to just be in a place where I was in the situation and he pulled me aside. I didn’t know he was the director of the facility and the people on the top to the people to the bottom running the place, whatever role they filled, they really knew what they were doing.

The upper management people understood what they were doing and they were able to implement that, which is so important. RCA changed my life. Some crazy doctor put me on a medicine for three years and I couldn’t get off it. I have young kids. I have a wife and business. I have everything to come back to and live for and I was dying slowly and not knowing it. But it was an amazing 28 days with RCA. They gave me medicine the whole time because they needed to. But they’re also giving you vitamins and melatonin. They’re not overlooking the natural stuff that they could give. They had nurse practitioners evaluate when you don’t want to take something or you needed to be on something. When you needed help, they would be on it.

Not only that, my therapist, also dealt with my wife and not just monitoring me, but taking care of the outside people. So you’re away from your business in 30 days and your kids but to know that there’s a line of communication happening and it’s reassuring that you can do your recovery. When people get in there, some people are angry. Some people don’t wanna go there. But being in my mid 40’s and understanding life a little bit better, I’m fortunate that my wife didn’t get me into those first 12 places she called.

I got an email from RCA about alumni stuff and I’m so far away from the place that if I was closer like a lot of those people are I would have been back there to say hello. I actually missed some of the staff. It’s crazy because the RN, the people that have handled me are recovering addicts, like the RSSs and so you think you’ve been through it all and then people that have been there even worse have gone through it and when you’re maybe freaking out or having a damn moment, they pull you aside and they help you out. Maybe there’s one you didn’t get along, but again there’s a 100 you do and they were able to know what I was going through and they told me what I need to hear. It was so nice to have that. There are people like the therapist that haven’t gone through and gone to study this and they were just as good as well.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Recovery Centers of America can be found through Google search for good rehabs here in Philadelphia. I called some sort of help center and they referred me to RCA. The check-in process was quick, friendly, easy and hassle-free. They are very nice to me. They helped me out. I was sick and throwing up when I showed up. They didn't make me feel embarrassed or anything. They really made me feel okay with it, brought me trash can and brought me tons of foods, drinks, snacks, kept making sure I was okay. So they made me feel really welcome.

RCA helped clear my mind up through detox and through making me feel safe and comfortable there. So I stayed and just staying there opened me up to other people, let me explore my own thoughts, attitude, behaviors and stuff I was dealing to like cope with things and how I was doing it wrong. It just really let me essentially explore my mind in a safe, positive way. I really like the community especially the people. I don't know if they actually intentionally did it or what, but the community was really nice. And I would say that the patient advocates or patient managers really know what they're doing and they really point out the best things for you and you kinda realize that once you go through the process, that everything they said was best for you.

Recovery Centers of America is an awesome place. They have good food, great people and good coffee. The tech staff are really nice and personable. I would definitely recommend it to friends. I would tell them it's a little disorganized because they're still growing. Some of the supervisors are rude and need interpersonal training skills such as that woman, Patty. But since they're not interacting with us on a daily basis, I would say this place definitely goes if they're trying to get clean and sober and if they need to go to a place that also really helps them out with any sort of aftercare, which is important.

Recovery Centers of America response

Hello Paul! Thank you for your feedback. Do you want to help alumni, families and friends maintain a life in meaningful recovery? Do you want to help plan activities, meetings and events that promote community, networking, service and FUN in recovery in your neighborhood? Do you want to save lives and join a rapidly growing recovery community of inspiring, dedicated, and compassionate souls? If the answer is yes to any of the questions above, please call 610-994-2908 or reply to this email to learn more about volunteering for the Alumni Association or events near you. Alumni, families friends and current patients get so much out of their involvement in the Alumni Association, I have no doubt you will too.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was very depressed and intoxicated. When I arrived at Recovery Centers of America, I was treated very fairly to the point that I stayed. I was just grateful that it was some kind of help for myself to come out of my depression. At first, it was kind of hard because I wasn’t used to certain rules being an adult, but it was necessary to keep pace in order with all the patients that were there, so I dealt with it and it was good. The staff and the nurse were very nice. Also, talking to the therapist that I had helped me a whole lot because of my emotions and problems. This was my first time ever going into recovery and I made it. Now, I don’t feel thriving and I'm not drinking, crying and depressed. I'm back working and still very happy. For people who need help, Recovery Centers of America would be the place to go.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Recovery Centers of America?

Original review: June 13, 2018

I was in a detox program with BayRidge in Lynn, Massachusetts and at the end of my time there, they told me they were gonna be looking into a treatment program for me. And there were two of them they were looking at, and I’m so happy that they pushed me towards Recovery Centers of America. When I first checked in at RCA, it was late at night but the staff was extremely welcoming and super helpful. They were very warm and comforting. I walked in and the vibe was amazing. It was such a beautiful atmosphere. I didn’t feel the words “treatment” and “recovery”, which were scary in themselves and when I looked around, the surroundings were absolutely beautiful and clean. I felt like I was a decent human being. It was an awesome experience.

I did the 12-step program.And they looked into after care for me and they gave options. They have advocates for me all over the place but they have this do-your-own self-advocate as well. I talked good about RCA to everyone who is in need of information about treatment. RCA has great case managers to work with you along the whole way. You won’t feel like you’re gonna miss out on anything. The treatment is confusing and scary, and so, it would really be nice to feel you’re not alone doing that.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My experience with RCA wasn't that great. Our time first time there, we went to have a family session, but Robin, the family counselor, had never met with my daughter. She didn’t know what she looked like nor how old she was. I was totally disgusted that they even wasted our time to have us come to a family meeting when she hadn’t even know why my daughter was there and what prompted her to come there. And it's their job to know the people that the insurance is paying them to take care of inside and out. So, I talked to their CEO Mike Stuart about all of that and he was very responsive once I got him involved. Also, the girl at the front desk was extremely rude. But other than her, the people in the facility who I've dealt with were very nice. My daughter also like the people there. They were able to talk her off the ledge a bunch of times and they were able to calm her down and make her think more clearly about things.

The facility used to be a hotel a couple of towns from where I live and it physically is very nice. However, it's unsecured. The doors are not locked, so you don’t need to buzz and anybody could walk in right off the streets. Two of the four times I went there, there was nobody at the front desk and I proceeded to wait at one time over 12 minutes before anybody came to greet me. Then in the front main foyer, people were just walking in to check in high. If I have smaller kids that were with me, it wouldn’t have been very good.

Another thing that bothered me the most was that RCA discharged my daughter on a Thursday and dropped her right back off at her boyfriend’s house who proceeded to get her high that night. She overdosed twice the succeeding days. There was no arrangement for her to continue on to a sober house or to continue to a halfway house. So, the facility letting her go home and putting her back in the same environment made me feel like they took $25,000 so much so I've called the insurance company, Med Health, and asked them to hold any payments until this has been all worked out. I thought it was kind of a scam. For $800 a day, they should have taken care of my daughter. Besides having great food and drinks, there needed to be a lot of very intense commitments and therapy which didn't happen.

I also had asked RCA to watch her there 30 days and work with her to get some things accomplished while she was there including getting her back on Med Health because her Med Health had expired and she was qualified for it as a secondary and getting her a new dentist. When she was discharged that Thursday, they sent her home with meds which were not preapproved through Med Health. Then when I had known she had shot up that Friday, I went to CVS to get the prescription because she didn’t have any money, the prescription was about $50.

That Friday was before the Memorial Day weekend. I was on the phone with RCA in Philadelphia and then the RCA up here was trying to get a nurse practitioner to call to get it pre-approved. I also got Mike Stewart involved since it was ridiculous because it would be a long weekend and every time I went I have to pay, so by the time the weekend was over, it would be $250 for a prescription. RCA told me they've called it in, but when I went back to CVS Saturday, it was still not called in, so I ended up paying for all weekend long and then had to get all the paperwork and submit it for reimbursement.

Still, I would recommend RCA. I've gone through a lot of counseling myself so I'm a firm believer. You got to give everybody a second chance. This is my daughter's fifth time in rehab and we've spent over 50 grand sending her to Florida. I'm hoping at some point she’s gonna get it, but I know RCA is working with her currently to get her back in there when she reached high point. I'm hoping this time around will be more productive.

Recovery Centers of America response

Thank you, Kelly, for taking the time to submit feedback. We strive for a positive patient and family experience in all facets of care and apologize if you do not feel that was achieved. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern and how we can help. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com? Thank you, again.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Arriving at RCA was scary but the people were accommodating. Most of the staff became my friends and they were really good. Most of them have been in the same situation and a lot of them were recovering themselves. Going on a lot of their experiences helped me for the post-treatment. There were also six to eight hours of classes of beating the same thing into your brain everyday. I couldn't think of going anywhere else. The food was great and the facility was awesome. It's even getting bigger and nicer. They're still learning and getting better too.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Recovery Centers of America is very clean and the staff is outgoing and good. Everyone is welcoming and made sure I was comfortable. The groups were good for teaching me what I needed to know for coping with stuff in life and living clean. Overall, it was a good experience and it helped with the detox.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My mother told me about Recovery Centers of America. I was in a bad spot, but my experience with them was positive. Maybe it was because I was ready, but at the same time the program was really good and I would recommend it to anybody. The facility and everybody working was nice, even down to the cleaning people. I've been clean ever since I left two and a half months ago.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I was referred to Recovery Centers of America during the time I was struggling. Their reception was warm and welcoming. Unfortunately, I've been to a lot of treatment centers. And compared to other ones I've been, this was a little bit more hospitable and a lot more friendly. It wasn't the same sterile kind of hospital room feel I got. Somebody came and picked me up at my house, which was amazing. And the guy who picked me up, I actually became quite close with while I was there. So literally from beginning to end of the experience, it was quite nice.

I came in with a hatred towards a Higher Power and 12 Steps and was not even thinking about going towards the 12 Steps because recovery centers bases their motto after the 12 Steps, which I've come to find my way back to. Somebody gave me different versions of the 12 Steps, told me other ways to recovery and were very supportive of whatever direction recovery I was going. I wanted recovery, they didn't care what kind. They were willing to back me up on it.

The mere fact that everybody was in recovery for themselves and I could identify with them, was a lot more becoming of the place because they know where I'm at. You're not just somebody who's reading things out of a book. You've been through the trenches, you've been through the hell and back, you've been drilled to the mud and came out clean on the other side. That's what I was looking for. Through the experience I learned to apply myself more. I was just so beaten down that I was ready to come to any way of getting better. The fact that they had better accommodations and people are more supportive made the whole experience a lot better.

I'm used to state run facilities where I have to sleep with my stuff under my pillow and worry about getting into a fight on a daily basis. With RCA I had my own queen-size Tempur-Pedic bed and my own cable. These are small things that you shouldn't really worry about in recovery but it made me feel more like a human during the whole process. I didn't feel like just another patient, just another drug addict trying to go through the rigors and applying some 12 Steps.

The gentleman who drove me there, Dave, started up on a rescue meeting and they had a bunch of beds. When I was there, it was still being built, so I was one of 30 or 40 patients. And I heard it gotten much bigger. I previously worked in ENS I would urge them to press that issue more for people who were military, fireman, EMT, paramedics, police, to push those types of meetings a little bit more because as much as we all identify as alcoholics and addicts, there's another level. There were certain things in the rescue meetings that I could say that I couldn't say at any other meetings without people looking at me sideways.

The fact that they boast that and they have certain meetings for people who were in ENS and recover, I hope they can stand firm and stand strong with that a lot more because I think a lot of firemen and cops, they have that kind of tough, stoic attitude like, "I don't need the help. I'm the people that help people." They show like, it's okay for you to show weakness. There's other people who were in the same field as you doing the same thing. I don't know if that extends to any other RCA's but the RCA Devon that I was at, that was a huge factor in my recovery. I'd definitely recommend it.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My experience with Recovery Centers of America was awesome and I liked everything about it. I went to a recovery house in Earleville, Maryland and I'm still sober now. The counselors and the RSS were all good as well.

Original review: May 23, 2018

My dad’s a Philadelphia fireman and his best friend works through the employee assistance program. So, he got me in Recovery Centers of America through Claire. However, my case management person, Luke, was supposed to set up my aftercare and he sent someone else’s insurance. So when I got out of rehab and went to do my IOP, it was somebody else’s insurance. It has been 65 days since I got out from rehab but I’m still not in IOP and Luke doesn’t even take my phone calls now. I'm still clean but I should have completed my aftercare by now. It’s pretty crucial. There were some really good things but a lot of times, I had group all day and they only had three months clean time. It’s a new facility and all the stuff is getting worked out. But I would tell somebody to go back there because it was really nice.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My experience with Recovery Centers of America was pretty well. Everything went according to plan. I was greeted immediately when I arrived. They took all my stuff and I got escorted in the back right away. I went through all the processes and everything went smoothly. Everyone was very nice to me right down to the maid service which was unbelievable. And since I got out, everybody has been checking up on me so I'm letting nobody down.

It was a whole different kind of detox there. The accommodations were incredible so that put me at ease right away. I got my own shower, bedroom and TV. They had nice shirts and pajamas. I was treated like a human being instead of some cow in a pasture. Everything I could have asked for was there like washers and dryers. All the classes went by and I learned everything. There were state of the art gyms. It was just the way it should be run.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The staff at Recovery Centers of America was kind and courteous. I had great interactions with them. They were very informative and I liked the fact that their recovery support specialists are former addicts in the Recovery as well so it was easy to talk and to relate to them. I also liked that we did a patient-led Big Book Study every night. That was very useful. I'm 38 years old and I've been in addiction for 20 years. This is the first time in 20 years that I think I'm overcoming the addiction because of RCA and because of the hard work I've been putting into going to meetings. Recovery really got it through our heads. There was a lot of education that I did that was very valuable.

Original review: May 18, 2018

RCA was great that I actually wish I didn't have to leave. I needed to get sober and the education, counselors, therapists, nurses, right to the CEO were great. If you want to recover and get sober long term, then you should go to RCA.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I didn’t really know what RCA stood for but I heard people mentioning it over and over. Then, when I was trying to go somewhere else, my insurance changed so they were out of network. I just threw out RCA knowing that it was in the area and I'm really glad that things worked out the way they did. They were exactly what I needed this go-around. And I think they did a phenomenal job.

It wasn’t easy going through the experience, but their staff and facility were great. Checking in was pleasant. Unfortunately, I was already starting to go through withdrawal and getting sick by then, but they did their best to help me through the process. Also, I know the clinical director. He was my counselor 12 years ago so I had that welcoming, knowing that I had a connection there. Overall, the intake process was smooth. The accommodation was like a hotel and could not have been better. I had also gotten to see the doctor first thing the next morning and had gotten the meds straightened out. My counselor, Tiffany, was exceptional and the clinical director, Luke, was another great experience all around. He knew that I like to try and manipulate people. He stepped in and did what he needed to do to help me get through the rehab.

My previous attempts going to rehab had been almost fun, which is not the right mentality. It's weird because I go back to RCA on a regular basis to help out doing stuff and I would never have thought that I would’ve wanted to go back to the place after spending 30 days there. It's a testament to how I feel about it. I go back there every Sunday to do the spirituality service. I play the piano for them. I also go back Thursday nights for the alumni meetings. I'm trying to be as involved as I can stay. It adds another whole layer of accountability, which I need right now.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My overall experience at the Devon facility was a good one. The medical attention alone was invaluable and much-needed. The nursing staff was outstanding and diligent, especially Andrea, Carol, Colleen, and Val. Dr. ** was the single best doctor I have ever interacted with. Many of the RSS staff were outstanding as well, including Charles, Joel, Matt, and Jason. But I also suffered the effects of a sort of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" syndrome during my stay.

Well before my second week in residence the pressure for “aftercare,” something I had heard nothing about, was ramping up. After initially being assured by my case manager, Matt, that I was a “grown man” and that there would be no “finger twisting” with regard to this, things soon changed radically. I found the pressure for aftercare immense and relentless, especially when I met with Meg, my "therapist," and Matt at the same time. They masterfully worked together in a well-rehearsed routine that left me feeling helpless.

Meanwhile, Meg never once discussed issues of anxiety, depression, “triggers,” spirituality, family relations, self-esteem, life satisfaction, sadness, etc. with me. She never once contacted my wife for any sort of "therapy." She had “the plan” in place from the get-go. And she was a master manipulator. One of her favorite tricks was to pit group therapy members against one individual in the group prior to a meeting. It was beyond obvious when this was happening. On a meeting where we discussed aftercare—specifically PHP—I learned from others about its great benefits and that I didn’t seem committed to AA. The most manipulative move Matt and Meg made was to call me into Matt’s office and to promptly call my wife making it a conference call. Of course I wasn’t prepared for this move. Feeling deflated and betrayed, it turned out to be a low-point of my entire experience at RCA.

The inordinate stress and anxiety--and ultimate lack of trust--this caused me was debilitating and it is the last thing a client needs to deal with. Once I found out upon returning to work that my RCA paperwork had not been completed (specifically my "fitness to return to work"), even after leaving a message for Mary **, I was literally moments away from contacting my attorney. Causing stress through manipulation and deceit is one thing, causing difficulties for my career is quite another. I understand that the recovery industry has become a profit-driven enterprise, and that there are financial and career incentives for aftercare from the top down, and that one hand washes the other, but my experience with Meg and Matt was unacceptable.

Recovery Centers of America response

Thank you, Daniel, for taking the time to submit feedback. We strive for a positive patient experience in all facets of care. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com? Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Recovery Centers of America’s facility was nice and the nurses were great. 99% of the staff, especially Claire and Dave of the rescue program were awesome. However, the counselor that I was assigned to was too focused on securing insurance money on my behalf as opposed to actually counseling me and she even admitted that. But all in all, the experience was good.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Recovery Centers of America was very geared towards helping people recover from their addictions. It was a very nice place and I was very satisfied with everyone. It got me started on the right track to have a successful recovery. The only issue that I had was the facility that I was in was under construction. So the kitchen was not completed, and the food was taken cared by a food service and there were some issues with the food. Other than that, the entire staff itself that worked for Recovery Centers of America was very professional and very caring.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The staff at Recovery Centers of America was great. And I stayed the full 30 days because the staff helped out and it's a lot easier to talk to staff when they're addicts or alcoholics themselves, instead of someone with just a degree telling me what to do. RCA has very clean and nice facilities as well. The groups that I went to were very good. They place you in the process groups where you could get really vulnerable and be able to relate to a peer who had dealt with the same stuff you did. The 12-step program was awesome. It taught me that I got to be able to do things I don't want to do. I got to try new things and I have to stay vulnerable and honest every day.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was in withdrawal so my husband called the number associated with Bracebridge Hall, and then we received somebody from Recovery Centers of America. When I got there, they neglected to tell me that I would need to bring brand new things like toiletries and everything should be unopened as well. None of my toiletries had alcohol in them and they were very, very expensive. So I was a little upset about that. Also, they did not tell me that I was going to be strip-searched. I expected to be searched, but not treated like a prisoner. I would have been better prepared had the person on the phone told me about that.

Somebody from admissions was supposed to meet me around 11, but we didn't meet until around 1:00, so I just sat in the nurse's office from 8:30 to 1:00. The nurses were very pleasant and the facility was very clean and nice. The staff was very welcoming. My therapist Mike was wonderful, and the kitchen was great. The chefs were great about setting aside vegetables for me that weren’t cooked in butter and oil, even though the cooking staff was an outside source. The environmental services team worked themselves very, very hard to keep the place looking nice. All of the RSSes were good, except for Herb. He had an attitude and he didn't like any of us. I took this to the upper management when he started to pick a fight with a resident. He was purposefully enticing this person.

I've gotten a lot of tools from them. I’m still reading every day and I’m going to meetings. I’ve taken some of the things I did there and have incorporated them into my life that I need to do daily. I’ve gotten some tools to handle situations that may come up, that may set me, or may have made me want to drink. And I’ve been able to deal with them appropriately. It was a great facility, but they need to do some upkeep at Bracebridge Hall. My room there was the stinkbug room. I ended up bringing a couple of stinkbugs home with me, which I wasn't pleased with. But overall, Recovery Centers of America was able to help me find different tools to use instead of alcohol when things bothered me.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Recovery Centers of America has a very clean and comfortable facility, great food, and the staff was very welcoming. I was well taken care of. The RSS staff was incredible and the clinical staff was good as well. The only thing was they started separating males and females. And that's very important but I would add males and females back together in more groups because it's good getting the other sexes opinion on certain subjects. There's so much one can get from other guys. And also, I hope they would add more process groups. There weren't many processes going on. We had primary once a day, but it would be important to add some groups that kind of really get down to the meat and potatoes. Other than that, my experience was great. They helped me set up an InstaCare and set me up with a great InstaCare to go to.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I was very satisfied with my experience with Recovery Centers of America although my arrival wasn't too organized. I told them that I was going to be there at 6PM and I was there on time but nobody was there to receive me. I waited around for half an hour until people came downstairs to do my intake. So the receiving process wasn't too smooth at first, but it was okay after that. All the staff were very professional and everyone acted in a proper manner. I also like the everyday structure. Everything was well-structured out and there wasn't a lot of downtime during the week. I was very busy except for the weekends but that was understandable. It was like we needed some downtime too so the weekends were our time basically. We can't stay there forever either. We have to go back out in the real world eventually and they gave us all the tools that we needed for our own post-treatment. It was just up to us.

Recovery Centers of America response

Thank you Shaun. We appreciate both the compliments and your feedback regarding the admission process. We strive for a smooth patient experience in all aspects of treatment. Please feel free to contact 833-RCA-ACTS if you have anything further to add. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I was in Long Island and I was Googling Dual Diagnosis or co-occurring centers in the area. And the website for Recovery Centers of America looks really good. It made it really stand out and it seemed impressive. So, I called them. They didn’t have a bed at Lighthouse but they did at Devon location. It was a nice facility but the admission lady didn't know what she was talking about. I told he certain tings go her and she just gave very judgmental responses, which was extremely unprofessional. It was a miserable experience, but everybody else was good. The staff really cared about the patients. They would go out of their way to do stuff for us. My therapist was incredibly smart and I could tell that she really cared.

They separated genders while we were there and I got the whole reasoning behind it. But it just got pretty ridiculous because there were times where they would let us talk to the girls and then they would pick random times where they would not let us talk to them. So they let us establish a relationship with them, and then they would tell us that we can’t talk to them anymore. And then they would let us again and it was back and forth like that. And from a lot of 12-step meetings, I found that a lot of the women actually had more in common with me than the men. It's a little recovery-based relationship and I wished that I could get to know them and talk about things. Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised how it went. This was my first treatment center and I wasn't expecting it to be that nice. I’m in another treatment center right now because I need a little more than a 30-day program. But it was a great first step.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Comfortable place to recover. A staff with great RSS’s (recovery support staff I believe is what it stands for). My counselor wasn’t all that great but from what I heard others were fantastic. Nursing staff was awesome and efficient. Always pleasant.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I could not have had a better experience. Our family therapist, Aman, was absolutely incredible. He ALWAYS made the time for family sessions when we requested and was extremely helpful in building a solid base for communication between myself and my husband (who was in RCA). Tiffany, my husbands therapist was a dream to work with as well. She kept me in the loop and allowed special visits/ calls to make sure we were able to keep my husband on the positive road to recovery when he was missing his little ones the most. Every single person we encountered was positive, helpful and kind. Couldn't have had a better experience.

Original review: March 13, 2018

It was my first time and I thought Recovery Center was going to be like jail and that it would be torture. But it wasn't. I had a very comfortable life with a lot of the people there and for the most part everybody was very nice. Overall, I met some nice people and it wasn't bad.

Original review: March 12, 2018

The staff at Recovery Centers of America was awesome. They were very accommodating and the house, Bracebridge, is awesome. I was lucky I was in the double room, but I was pretty much by myself for most of the time. It was pretty cool. My only problem with the room was that the air conditioning in my room was kind of just screwy. Also the roof was leaking in the library, so the library was closed out, and that was one of our favorite rooms. Another was that we didn’t get a lot of time outdoors during winter and some of us really wanted to.

The staff members that helped me the most were some of the RSSes. For nighttime it was Kelsey and she was awesome. She got out of her way to talk to a bunch of us and just make sure that we were all doing all right. And then throughout the days were Alvin and Lizzie. RCA set me up with a recovery house and to get the mindset back on. I feel like I also got a lot more out of talking to other clients there than my therapist. And some of us are actually still staying in contact, and just the accountability really helps.

Recovery Centers of America response

Hello Thomas! Thank you for your feedback. Do you want to help alumni, families and friends maintain a life in meaningful recovery? Do you want to help plan activities, meetings and events that promote community, networking, service and FUN in recovery in your neighborhood? Do you want to save lives and join a rapidly growing recovery community of inspiring, dedicated, and compassionate souls? If the answer is yes to any of the questions above, please call 610-994-2908 or reply to this email to learn more about volunteering for the Alumni Association or events near you. Alumni, families friends and current patients get so much out of their involvement in the Alumni Association, I have no doubt you will too.

Original review: March 10, 2018

My first meeting with the counselor was very productive. I believe this may be the place my son should have gone to from the beginning of his troubles. Everyone is nice, kind and professional. It was a good experience considering the circumstances of my visit. The rooms are beautiful and the food is very good. I think Lighthouse will provide the tools my son needs for success.

Recovery Centers of America Company Information