4.01/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

121 quip Toothbrush Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 15, 2019

I have some mild arthritis in my hands and thumbs and find the quip on/off button difficult and painful to use. Do not purchase a quip brush if you have any inflammatory hand issues. You will be unable to turn the brush on/off without pain.

Original review: March 10, 2019

After hearing radio ads for the Quip TB I decided to buy the couples package for around $45. After receiving them I waited to begin using them as we already have Oral Bs that we like. My wife did not understand why I bought them in the first place but I liked the idea of supporting a small business and I thought that the compact component of the Quip would be good for traveling. Unfortunately, I waited longer than the 30 days to try them and they did not work. I replaced the battery with a fresh Energizer and then it worked so I thought, okay, just a defective battery. That night I went to brush and nothing, it did not work.

I immediately emailed Quip's "customer service" (in quotes because they really don't have any) and they said that they would not do anything because it was beyond the trial period. Also, unfortunately, my refill package (new brush, battery, toothpaste) was on its way before I remembered to cancel it. When it arrived I replaced the battery and also the brush to see if it would now work. It did initially, so I left it out to brush with before bed and when the time came, nothing. I do like the toothpaste they sent and in the end it cost me $60 so no big. It is too bad that the company they talk about on the radio is not at all like the company in reality.

I was looking forward to supporting their company but they just proved to be a big disappointment. One last thing, this has helped me decide to not do business with any company that does not provide a phone number for customer support. We need to to start making companies hire reps to answer the phone, preferably living in the states. We can do this by letting them know that we won't do business with them otherwise.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 3, 2019

Bought myself and my wife the couple's set. We've both noticed a big improvement in our teeth since using this toothbrush. The toothpaste is great, and no extra additives. The automatic head renewal is great to have as well. All in all I recommend this toothbrush to everyone I see.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Toothbrush is very easy to use. The 2 minute timer ensures you’re brushing your teeth a significant amount of time. The toothbrush pulses every 30 seconds to prompt you to brush another quadrant. It is very stylish and packs well for travel, my teeth feel cleaner after using Quip toothbrush than when I use a manual one.

Original review: March 2, 2019

The Quip Electric Toothbrush has helped get my teeth cleaner than the regular brushes. The subtle vibrations really help get stuff loose and means I don't have to brush as hard. They are easy to clean, and the bundled toothpaste is nice and minty without being overpowering.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?

Original review: March 2, 2019

After using quip for only a month or two, I had a teething cleaning appointment. I didn't mention that I had started using an automatic toothbrush to my hygienist (didn't really consider it, TBH). After she remarked how great my teeth and especially my gums looked, I mentioned the quip. She assumed that I had been using it for much longer than I had been. My gums look really great and I haven't experienced any bleeding since using quip. Plus, being battery operated, it's great for traveling. It's fairly small and has a very protective (and small) traveling case.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Dental care is important! Why shouldn’t it also be enjoyable? I love having a toothbrush with a timer that feels luxurious. It fits in my hand like driving a sports car and the massaging is not so intense that it’s uncomfortable. I like not having to worry about replacing my toothbrush or toothpaste because they just show up! The toothpaste is also quite nice. The tube seems to be cleaner (less goopy) than the conventional tubes. The flavor of the paste is good. I have somewhat sensitive teeth and have used the paste with pleasure.

Original review: March 1, 2019

My teeth are the cleanest they have ever been. My kids love it though I purchased the low cost brushes for them. My other half took awhile to get use to the smaller head brush. The only thing is the initial cost but I will have to wait and see how long they last.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Love this brush, does not hurt the gums at all. Love the soft bristles that get in tight places. No gum bleeding at all. Can gently use it along the gums and gumline with no pain at all. Hygienist was impressed at my last cleaning as I have periodontal problems and plaque, gums were healthy and light plaque and I had only been using the brush for 6 weeks. I recently ordered the toothpaste and unlike other pastes it does not harden on the brush once you rinse it off. I wish I had ordered the toothpaste with the quip.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I love my quip toothbrush, but I got a little exuberant when replacing the head and cracked the inner sleeve. I contacted customer service by email, uploaded the requested photographs, and got a favorable reply within an hour and a half. Even though the crack was my fault, the company is standing behind its product and shipping me a replacement. I should also mention how clean my teeth feel after a brushing. The hybrid electric-manual approach, where the brush vibrates and I manually brush my teeth, is exactly right for me.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Although not a "typical electric" with a rotating head, the brush is a perfect combo of manual and vibrating, which feels absolutely wonderful and cleans so well. The brush head is long lasting, soft and feels good on gums. Folks will not be disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Great & Simple product for ALL ages that Promotes healthy oral care! When you have HEALTHY ORAL care, you also are more likely to have a HEALTHY probiotic gastrointestinal system which is one of the foundations of a HEALTHY IMMUNE system! SO...for as little as $5.00 every three months (and great hand??? washing???), you will be on your way to a safe, healthy, better YOU! Not to mention the beautiful SMILE??? You will have! What could be cheaper & easier!!! It’s a Win-Win!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

The quip toothbrush is great to use and I can feel how clean it leaves my teeth. I referred a family member but not sure if they followed up. The battery replacement could be a little easier. I attempted to open the unit without success. It feels as though I'm going to break it. However, the product is great. I purchased two. One for my girlfriend. We love it!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Bought for my wife, she loves it. She travels a lot for work and the cover is very convenient and she is quite happy with performance. The pulse that lets you know when you have brushed long enough gives more confidence that she is doing it right.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Teeth felt cleaner after first use, and the refills and site are so easy to use. It’s been a breeze. I don’t have to worry about going to the store to get a refill or remember to reorder it comes automatically!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I never thought I’d have a “favorite” toothbrush, but so far, my quip toothbrush has been a great investment. I love the feel of the toothbrush, I love that it’s compact compared to other electric toothbrushes, I think it’s really great that there is a 30 second timed buzz that goes off 4 times to remind you to switch quadrants while brushing so each part of your teeth is brushed equally, and all in all I think quip is fantastic.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Honestly it makes brushing your teeth so satisfying. You get that marble clean dentist feeling every time you use it. My teeth were in pretty bad shape before this and since I've started using it the coloration and buildup improvements have been noticeable to say the least. The built in timer is also great giving gentle buzzes letting you know when you've hit the official recommended amount. Speaking of official their plan to replace your brush heads every few months as recommended is fantastic.

My last mention and also favorite part of it is the form factor. It's light and slim, making it easy to hold. I'd imagine its perfect for anyone elderly or with arthritis/weaker wrists. It's a small thing that I didn't know was an issue until a friend of mine mentioned not being able to use other electric toothbrushes due to their heft, but I bought them a whip as well and they haven't had an issue since!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I've used a sonic toothbrush for years, and it was so cumbersome and I never traveled with it either. Also, when my boyfriend (now husband) moved in with me, we shared the base and switched out brush heads. Not the worst but kind of a pain. Especially when he would forget and use mine (ew). The quip toothbrush is so great! It's small and compact, which I love. I have my own and my husband does too. Both toothbrushes take up less space than the sonic one we had before. And I can travel with it. Love the convenience of having the brush heads shipped to me too.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

This is by far my favorite toothbrush. I’ve used other electric toothbrushes before and they’re bulky and a pain to charge, this one just feels like a normal toothbrush. My teeth and mouth feel fresh from the dentist every day now.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Since I've been using an Oral-B electric toothbrush for many years, the toothbrush seems a little weak. However, my teeth are looking cleaner since I've been using it. I love the convenience of the smaller size for traveling. The toothpaste is great. I usually have sensitive teeth but this paste has not caused any discomfort. I believe that it has helped my teeth become brighter. Overall, I'm glad that I purchased it since the brush replacements for the Oral-B cost more for three months than the yearly renewal program for quip.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I’ve loved using the quip toothbrush. It’s so easy to use and works great. I haven’t had any issues with it yet which I love. It’s an electric toothbrush but doesn’t feel like I have a car motor in my mouth.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Bought one in December 2018, liked it so much that I bought another for my wife. Lightweight, easy to use and very effective. Recently went to dentist for a cleaning and she was amazed at how clean and plaque free my teeth were!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I really like the Quip toothbrush. I love the four 30 second zone timer. It is portable and it works great. I love the cover that also serves as a toothbrush holder on the mirror. It is a really great product.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My teeth feel cleaner. Other electric toothbrushes felt like using a jackhammer. Quip keeps the time on how long you need to brush. It helps you to divide your mouth in 4 quadrants then will stops/start when you need to move to the next section.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Perfect price for a nice electric brush, and the monthly subscription is affordable and takes all the hassle away. Way better option than all the other electric toothbrushes on the market as far as quality and price.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My dentist agrees! Quip is a phenomenal product! Slimline, extremely efficient... My hygienist noticed the difference in the reduced amount of plaque buildup on my teeth! And, Quip is delivered quarterly to your door! What could be more convenient?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased the Quip toothbrush and toothpaste set for myself and my partner as a holiday gift. The set was a big hit! The toothbrush bristles are just the right firmness so that my gums feel protected but my teeth feel clean. The toothpaste does its job in terms of protection, cleanliness, and freshening. We are set up for the auto renewal of replacement heads, batteries, and toothpaste. Completely satisfied with my purchase and will continue to use these products vs purchasing supplies, elsewhere. Thumbs up from us and thumbs up from my dentist.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

So far I love my toothbrush. Took about a week after watching the instructional video to get a hang on things. I’ll see my dentist in a few months for the final word on its effectiveness but my teeth feel cleaner than they did using a regular electric brush. Waiting for our first brush head refill soon.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I made the mistake of trusting American Airlines magazine and assumed anything in the flight magazine would be vetted as a good product. The quip duo that I ordered for $95 arrived and immediately I realized how cheap and junky the product is. The appearance is slick but the bristles are rubber and the power supply is tiny, tiny, tiny.

The refund process is purposefully vague and you have to email them requesting a return. A chatbot helps you and THEN you are given the chance to purchase a pre-paid label that you print. The label printed on an 8X10 page - insane. I had to reduce the PNG file myself in order to use it. I STILL have not received a refund despite an automated email that I received telling me to expect 5-10 business days. Meanwhile, quip gets to float my money and make interest off of it. I plan on writing AA also - they should not be offering products in ads that are not verified.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have never used an electric toothbrush before, but was intrigued by all the ads I saw for quip. I'm very pleased with my experience. It is really easy to use, gentle, and important to me, not space consumptive. The brush head holds up for the entire 3 months until the replacement arrives, and I love the timer feature. I recently had an appointment for a dental cleaning, and got raves from the hygienist, which reassured me that the quip was doing a good job. It is also very quiet, which I appreciate. I would say that the product does exactly what it advertises and would recommend it.

quip Toothbrush Company Information