2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.54/5

quip Toothbrush Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I have always been a fan of electric toothbrushes, just not the cost and the need to charge them. Because of that, I’ve typically gone with the low end, AA battery powered Colgate brushes. They did the job. The problem with those brushes is they are big, clunky, and I always found myself buying a new one instead of replacing the brush head - not good for my wallet or the environment.

Quip is small, no need to charge, and comes travel-ready. I love the way the cap sticks to a mirror so there’s no need for a toothbrush holder. This is also extra awesome when traveling because you don’t need to put your toothbrush down on a potentially unclean sink. While all of this makes Quip worthwhile, my favorite part is the brushing experience itself. I love the 2 minute timer with the 30 second warnings. This definitely helps me make sure I am brushing long enough and thoroughly enough. And my mouth just feels cleaner than it ever has with any other toothbrush. HIGHLY recommend.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Everyone has to brush their teeth might as well do it stylishly. The simple product design with its the sleek travel tube makes brushing your teeth at home or on the go easier to do. You get the extra pleasure of seeing that it looks nice in your cabinet since it's not clunky or have random colours on it (I have the silver metal toothbrush). It's definitely a toothbrush that was made for the gram, 'cause nowadays people are taking pictures of everything and want to feel like they can look good even while brushing their teeth.

The built-in timer with the vibrating bristles is a nice feature so I know my teeth are getting cleaner with the correct amount of time that it needs to be brushed. Plus you can subscribe to having the replaceable toothbrush head mailed to you quarterly so I'm definitely changing the brush as often as it needs to be as well. It's also not too expensive or has to have a charging doc cluttering up the counter which is great for people like me who live in apartments and don't need any more stuff to take up space.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

In my line of work, I travel quite often, sometimes for weeks at a time, and in pretty austere conditions. At home I use an electric toothbrush, but they are too unwieldy, costly, and bulky to carry around for travels. Enter Quip. I've been able to use it for nearly two months now (combined travel time) and I'm super pleased with it. Everything on it seems well thought out. Normally I'm the type of person to think about how I'd improve something, but the Quip doesn't give me that opportunity. I can't see what could be improved. One of the cool features to me was the adhesive to stick it on a surface, like a mirror. Saves counter space, lets it dry, and my 8 year old also had a lot of fun sticking hers to the mirror.

Based on the action of the toothbrush, I'm not positive it's quite as "aggressive" as my home toothbrush, but as far as I can tell it gets the job done. I don't have to think about how long to brush overall, and since it alerts every 30 seconds in use when to change the area you are brushing, I feel I'm still taking care of my teeth even when the conditions aren't so great where I am. Highly recommended. Enough so that I bought one for my parents who travel often, the one for my daughter, and have recommended them multiple times to those who also travel, camp, etc.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I love my quip toothbrush, which I purchased at Target on the recommendation of my dental hygienist to help remove plaque and curb my gum recession/disease.

I believe in the product so much that I wanted to share the love, and gifted two quip toothbrushes to a couple friends -- that is, friends who are a couple -- during the 2019 holiday season.

My only complaint, which was frustrating at the time but seems minor now, was that I had trouble setting up my refill policy -- the automatic mailing of a new brush and battery every 3 months for $5, charged to my credit card. For some reason, I couldn't get the refill set up via the company's online instructions, despite several back & forth emails with mostly helpful quip staff. When I asked for a call to step me thru the process, I was informed that phone calls are currently not a customer-service option -- a telecommunications decision that didn't fly with this senior! The good news: my senior brain finally figured out the online refill sign-up process, and I received my first refill with no further effort on my part required! So, I'm VERY happy with the product and hopeful that no other refill seekers encounter the same difficulty I did putting that policy into effect.

Gratefully,

A Happy quip Customer

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

The quip electric tooth brush is my one and only now. The buzzing helps me stay focused. I used to zone out when brushing my teeth.... Do you ever just drop into another dimension and come back wondering how long you've been brushing your left incisor? Then consider the quip tooth brush. It buzzes for two minutes and gives you a heart beat every thirty seconds to keep you on track. The gold metallic color looks rich and the tooth brush never looks dirty, which is a problem I had with my last one. Did you know that the packaging they send you the goods in is recyclable? Great touch! I felt a lot better switching from my awful bamboo tooth brushes thanks to that. Your bathroom with feel tidier with your fancy Quip tooth brush stuck neatly on your mirror, as well, and you’ll never have to worry about that awful bean shaped tooth brush cover when you travel ever again! The holder/cover combo they have is rad.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I’ve purchased many electric toothbrushes over the years and I found that I never used them. I love my quip. It’s light weight, I love that it fits into a standard holder and it’s effective. I am thrilled with the company too. Refills were easy to request and they even send you a new battery.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I thought it was great and convenient, but did not last a year. Then I bought a new brush as a replacement. Quip kept me on two plans, and I did not realize so double refills. The second stopped working just before the year. Apparently there is a warranty, but it is impossible to speak to anyone - quip does not support or have phone personnel to take calls. After 3 days I did not get any information on whether there is actually a warranty plan or what it covers. Then suddenly I was charged for a new replacement. I decided to try to cancel the plan I was no longer using, but it appears to have cancelled my service entirely, and I cannot even log back into quip's website.

At this point I am done with quip, and would say that all in all probably not worth it. I think I will spend more on better electric toothbrush that is built better even if I cannot get the convenience of replacement brush heads that quip offered. $5 for a replacement every 3 months is also not exactly cheap, but you are paying for convenience. Turns out convenience is not worth it if the motor does not work. Now I would be paying $5 for a replacement toothbrush head, but still just have a manual toothbrush.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I purchased “Quip” not knowing anything about the product. I didn’t even know what it was in the box. I was attracted to the detail to the products simplicity. I’m amazed by the attention to detail to keep it simple.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I love this toothbrush. I am extreme gagger and this is the first brush head that I can get into the back of my mouth and really clean my teeth without gagging. It is easier to move around than most and the combination of rubber and bristles works perfectly for me.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I picked up a quip after my dental hygienist recommended an electric toothbrush. Following the instructions on how to brush and the timed pulses leave my teeth feeling much cleaner than with my old toothbrush and I am not tearing up my gums like before. I will continue using this and definitely recommend it to friends.

quip Toothbrush Company Information