2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.56/5

quip Toothbrush Reviews

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Everyone has to brush their teeth might as well do it stylishly. The simple product design with its the sleek travel tube makes brushing your teeth at home or on the go easier to do. You get the extra pleasure of seeing that it looks nice in your cabinet since it's not clunky or have random colours on it (I have the silver metal toothbrush). It's definitely a toothbrush that was made for the gram, 'cause nowadays people are taking pictures of everything and want to feel like they can look good even while brushing their teeth.

The built-in timer with the vibrating bristles is a nice feature so I know my teeth are getting cleaner with the correct amount of time that it needs to be brushed. Plus you can subscribe to having the replaceable toothbrush head mailed to you quarterly so I'm definitely changing the brush as often as it needs to be as well. It's also not too expensive or has to have a charging doc cluttering up the counter which is great for people like me who live in apartments and don't need any more stuff to take up space.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

In my line of work, I travel quite often, sometimes for weeks at a time, and in pretty austere conditions. At home I use an electric toothbrush, but they are too unwieldy, costly, and bulky to carry around for travels. Enter Quip. I've been able to use it for nearly two months now (combined travel time) and I'm super pleased with it. Everything on it seems well thought out. Normally I'm the type of person to think about how I'd improve something, but the Quip doesn't give me that opportunity. I can't see what could be improved. One of the cool features to me was the adhesive to stick it on a surface, like a mirror. Saves counter space, lets it dry, and my 8 year old also had a lot of fun sticking hers to the mirror.

Based on the action of the toothbrush, I'm not positive it's quite as "aggressive" as my home toothbrush, but as far as I can tell it gets the job done. I don't have to think about how long to brush overall, and since it alerts every 30 seconds in use when to change the area you are brushing, I feel I'm still taking care of my teeth even when the conditions aren't so great where I am. Highly recommended. Enough so that I bought one for my parents who travel often, the one for my daughter, and have recommended them multiple times to those who also travel, camp, etc.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I love my quip toothbrush, which I purchased at Target on the recommendation of my dental hygienist to help remove plaque and curb my gum recession/disease.

I believe in the product so much that I wanted to share the love, and gifted two quip toothbrushes to a couple friends -- that is, friends who are a couple -- during the 2019 holiday season.

My only complaint, which was frustrating at the time but seems minor now, was that I had trouble setting up my refill policy -- the automatic mailing of a new brush and battery every 3 months for $5, charged to my credit card. For some reason, I couldn't get the refill set up via the company's online instructions, despite several back & forth emails with mostly helpful quip staff. When I asked for a call to step me thru the process, I was informed that phone calls are currently not a customer-service option -- a telecommunications decision that didn't fly with this senior! The good news: my senior brain finally figured out the online refill sign-up process, and I received my first refill with no further effort on my part required! So, I'm VERY happy with the product and hopeful that no other refill seekers encounter the same difficulty I did putting that policy into effect.

Gratefully,

A Happy quip Customer

Original review: June 16, 2019

For years I have attempted to use standard electric toothbrushes. I would start using them with determination that I would never go back to a manual brush; I spent lots of money on these and always gave them up because they are messy, hugely clunky, noisy, way too big for my mouth and never leave my teeth feeling clean and they never freshened my breath.

FINALLY THERE IS QUIP!!! This toothbrush is exactly what I’ve wished for...easy to use, the exact size of a regular toothbrush that fits comfortably in my mouth, cleans my teeth completely and without mess!! My mouth feels dental-visit clean after each quip use. I have used quip toothbrush everyday since I’ve had it (4 months now) the most consistently I’ve ever used an electric toothbrush. My teeth are cleaner, my gums not swollen and my teeth smoother and whiter. I LOVE THIS BRUSH AND RECOMMEND QUIP TO ALL...my 13-years-old daughter now has one I gifted her and she just loves?? her quip AND her brushing habits have improved substantially... THANKS QUIP?? This brush is AWESOME!!

Original review: April 10, 2019

Here is my real-world experience, with a couple of tips I’ve not read elsewhere (I haven’t read every comment ever). Stuff you might want to know: The battery still has plenty of power left when it’s replaced. I average more than 2 uses per day for sure. I generally brush about 4 times daily (as I am in a profession that requires it of me). The battery/toothbrush functions exactly the same from first use to final use. The battery will not ever be dead.

The brush head is great and I enjoy using it. It (and the service) made me more aware of my brushing technique than I was before. Upon replacement the old head is slightly discolored, but not frayed, and the old bristles look about the same, just a bit darker. I last used Oral-B, which is fine, but not the most elegant solution. For more than a decade before that I used Sonic. I prefer that over the Oral-B, but still a lot of junk to clean, charge, shop around for expensive heads, etc...

The quip toothbrush does not do what those other two do exactly, but I believe I’m getting better results with it. It’s been 100% reliable. This requires you to pay attention. When I used Sonic I eventually stopped thinking about it, as it seems so powerful like it’s doing all the work for you. Well, it does not. If you space out using those, you’ll do just as poor of a job, you just might not be aware of it. I like the quip. If you’re one of those people that generates a list of possible caveats in your head preemptively, as to why this isn’t for you, don’t. I’d say that in general, but for this product I’d just try it and not worry about until you’ve used it for a bit. I like the quip.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?

Original review: March 28, 2020

I picked up a quip after my dental hygienist recommended an electric toothbrush. Following the instructions on how to brush and the timed pulses leave my teeth feeling much cleaner than with my old toothbrush and I am not tearing up my gums like before. I will continue using this and definitely recommend it to friends.

Original review: March 28, 2020

We received our toothbrushes about a month ago and so far I love them! One of my children hated using electric toothbrushes in the past due to the buzzing in her hand but these don’t bother her at all. The timed cycle is great and they are extremely quiet. My teeth feel noticeably cleaner. I also love that they are not bulky and can be mounted anywhere easily. These are wonderful; I highly recommend them!

Original review: March 9, 2020

Great toothbrush. I like the timer. Makes me brush my teeth for 2 minutes. Polishes the teeth. The feel smooth. Also the have a plan that they send the head, floss, and toothpaste. Options to choose from. You should try it. You will like it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I needed a new toothbrush and had friends that used and liked Quip. I also had a code from a podcast so I went for it. I find the process of brushing with my quip very meditative. I like that as a bonus, but the greatest thing is how my teeth feel after. The first time I quipped (quip can also be a verb, right??) I was so surprised by how clean my teeth and mouth felt! I thought I was imagining it, but every time I felt so clean! Now I’m used to how great it feels, but what I still notice is how my mouth feels fresher a lot longer than it did before quip! Get quipping, if you aren’t already!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I received a Quip as a Christmas gift to replace a Philips Sonicare. I was happy at first and would have given this 5 stars if you would have asked me in December. In January though the switch started malfunctioning and would either not turn on for two full days or would shut off mid brush. I logged on to the website and found that the "Contact Us" page has a fillable email messaging type of format. I like to talk to someone as it is a lot harder to brush off the ones you don't have time to get to that day. Luckily, they have an 888 number listed. I called and was instantly met with a recording asking me to leave my email address. No customer service, no "reached us after hours", simply a prerecorded we-don't-want-to-engage-with-you-unless-you-contact-us-on-our-terms. Strike number one. If you cannot staff a call center or contract one, don't give me a "my way or the highway" option.

I did leave a message refusing to leave my email address and asking for a call in return. So far, I have not received one. Finally, I buckled and sent an email through their site. I HAVE BEEN TRYING THROUGH EMAIL AND VOICE TO REACH SOMEONE SINCE MID JANUARY!!!! No one can be bothered to call me back. Meanwhile the brush is still having intermittent issues. No customer service whatsoever. And I don't mean bad, I mean AT ALL!!!!

quip Toothbrush Company Information