4.37/5

207 quip Toothbrush Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

Here is my real-world experience, with a couple of tips I’ve not read elsewhere (I haven’t read every comment ever). Stuff you might want to know: The battery still has plenty of power left when it’s replaced. I average more than 2 uses per day for sure. I generally brush about 4 times daily (as I am in a profession that requires it of me). The battery/toothbrush functions exactly the same from first use to final use. The battery will not ever be dead.

The brush head is great and I enjoy using it. It (and the service) made me more aware of my brushing technique than I was before. Upon replacement the old head is slightly discolored, but not frayed, and the old bristles look about the same, just a bit darker. I last used Oral-B, which is fine, but not the most elegant solution. For more than a decade before that I used Sonic. I prefer that over the Oral-B, but still a lot of junk to clean, charge, shop around for expensive heads, etc...

The quip toothbrush does not do what those other two do exactly, but I believe I’m getting better results with it. It’s been 100% reliable. This requires you to pay attention. When I used Sonic I eventually stopped thinking about it, as it seems so powerful like it’s doing all the work for you. Well, it does not. If you space out using those, you’ll do just as poor of a job, you just might not be aware of it. I like the quip. If you’re one of those people that generates a list of possible caveats in your head preemptively, as to why this isn’t for you, don’t. I’d say that in general, but for this product I’d just try it and not worry about until you’ve used it for a bit. I like the quip.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Have used the Quip for 1 1/2 years. Love it for travels! The toothpaste is good, but for those of us who have sensitivity to most all toothpastes it is not the answer. I use the Quip when I travel as it's quick & easy, can keep in my purse to brush at airport in-between flights & at hotel/homes I travel to. I also have one in each of the two office I work in so I can brush during the day. However, being married to a periodontist he has found it does not clean as well as the Oral B. Thus, I now brush with Oral B in morning & bedtime, but Quip the rest of the time. Quip is still a great invention & will help lots of people especially with its mail-order for new brush heads! My husband recommends replacing your brush head every 3 months (start of each season - easier to remember), and the brush head should still look new. Thus, Quip is right-on with providing the correct replacement regimen.

However, the Quip brush heads are much more difficult to clean out leftover toothpaste. I do love the way the toothpaste - any brand - stays longer in your mouth with Quip. Again, my husband the periodontist wants his patients to brush 3 times a day for 4 minutes, not 2. Quip has the built-in timer so I just do two cycles & find it quick and easy as it turns off after 2 min, where Oral B will just continue & you have to listen for the 4 beeps to know you are done with one or two cycles, and I always run out of toothpaste (sometimes stop to reload) because I like having toothpaste when I brush.

Again, my husband says toothpaste is not a huge deal - get one you like with fluoride & you should be good. Both Quip & Oral B are waterproof so you can brush in the shower. And the Quip is very economical, from the unit itself to replacement brush heads & toothpaste. Oral B heads are double and the unit can cost anywhere from ~$27 to over $100, depending on which "style" you want. You pay for the gee-gaws on Oral B, which really are not necessary. Also - Sonicare is very similar to Oral B in overall costs. We do recommend Oral B Vitality for our patients to use in am & pm and the Quip for travel and work. Love the simplicity of Quip, do not have to recharge it, great color choices, low cost for unit & refill heads with free shipment in a timely manner, can order toothpaste delivery as well and the portability of it for travel! Great product!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I purchased a quip for my husband because he had a hard time keeping his Oral-B PowerBrush clean. He said he didn’t feel like it worked as well and he wanted his Oral-B back. (He promised to do better on keeping it clean.) So, when the replacement head and battery came for the Quip I decided to give it a shot. I worked in a dental for almost 30 years and have always used either a Sonicare or Oral-B, as the reps from those companies provide dental office staff with either free brushes or greatly discounted. So I had been using an Oral-B.

After using the quip for a week here is what I think. I like the Quip for a few reasons. 1) It is very easy to keep clean (compared to the Oral-B). 2) It doesn’t take up any counter space. 3) The auto ship program makes replacing your brush head super easy. 4) I like the feel of the bristles, super soft and not sharp at all (compared to a manual brush). 5) You don’t have to plug it in. The cons are that I don’t think it vibrates strong enough to be considered an electric toothbrush. Even with it vibrating you still have to move it around as if you were using a manual brush. I think I have good enough habits and technique that it will work fine for me but for those that slack in that area will probably benefit more with a more powerful electric toothbrush. I think it is better than a manual brush but not as effective as an electric toothbrush.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I’m obsessed with this toothbrush. I’m a sucker for pretty things and the design of the toothbrush is so attractive. I love the matte finish on the handle. It also came in the cutest little packaging (again, I’m a sucker). The toothbrush is powerful but not uncomfortable. I used to have a Sonicare and stopped using it because I felt like it rattled my entire jaw. It’s comfortable to hold and not nearly as heavy as my clunky Sonicare was. Also there’s no huge charging stand to take up counter space since it’s battery operated. It comes with a holding tube that you can adhere to any flat surface... Mine is on my mirror.

I love that it beeps to tell you to move on to the next quadrant of your mouth. There’s also a tongue scraper on the back which is a nice addition. When I first got the toothpaste I was a little worried that it wasn’t labeled as “whitening” but my teeth look great after about a month of usage. A travel size toothpaste comes with every shipment which has been super convenient for me. Overall I really love my Quip and have gotten friends and family to purchase them as well.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Oops! I bought it again... Not really oops! I just liked mine so much I bought another one for my mother. We are both longtime Sonicare users. I have nothing bad to say about the brand. In my case my aging Sonicare passed away suddenly. After a proper funeral service and a brief period of mourning I headed to Target to procure a replacement. Then I saw it... The Quip display. The packaging was exquisite. Yes, packaging is sometimes enough to sell me. I had a choice of colors too. Copper is a nice manly look.

My calculus was that for forty dollars (if you are a senior citizen like me then that translates to two double sawbucks) I could afford to toss it if I did not like it. Unboxing revealed someone at Quip is a student of the Apple method of presentation. If Apple marketed a toothbrush, the Quip is what they would have designed in Cupertino and made in China.

I was so impressed I registered for the head/battery replacement plan before I even tried out the Quip. I mounted the Quip to my mirror. No more recharging stand and cord. This instrument is powered by a single AAA Battery (included). The mirror mount doubles as a travel case. If you are a frequent traveler the entire unit, with battery, case, handle and brush head could easily be carried in an inside suit jacket pocket. For sizing think Montblanc pen.

In operation the Quip is a spa for your gluten free quiche hole. Two minutes of runtime marked by a two second shut down every thirty seconds. I won't try to describe the experience, but it as close to addictive as toothbrushing can get. After using her's my mother agrees. So it unanimous. The question you might ask yourself is: Why are you denying yourself this healthy pleasure? NOTE 1: I received my usual compensation for my honest review. Which is to say, nothing. Further, I purchased both Quips with my own money. NOTE 2: Since the Quip is labeled as a toothbrush I have been asked if one had to buy one Quip for each tooth. I assure you a single Quip will do every tooth and I shall recommend the use of the word "teethbrush" to Quip to avoid future confusion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?

Original review: July 18, 2019

We wanted to return the quip toothbrush as it came with no instruction manual or details on use and no information on the battery but we then were told you need to mail it back to them to have them switch out the batteries. Something we are not going to do for a toothbrush. It took 5 emails and numerous telephone messages to finally have them email me back. The phone line no matter what number you press always gives the same message that they are very busy and to email them and they will get back to you within 24 hours, which is untrue. Then they did not want to give me an RMA to return the quip as the 30-day trial period started on when you placed the order and not when you received it. I was one day late and they did not want to make an exception to return one toothbrush.

Also, when I ordered the toothbrush on their website I got no confirmation email with an order number, etc. and of course there was no information on invoice in the packaging I received. I will not do foster business with a company that gives no customer support. They did email me back finally and say I can change the battery myself, but of course no directions and we tried to take the brush head off to find the batteries and could not do it. There are other alternatives out there if you want a toothbrush like this and also none of them have the subscription plans that will bill you quarterly.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I've never had an electric toothbrush before (I'm past 50), my dentist told me that while my teeth are pretty healthy, my brushing (by hand) is uneven so I figured I'd try an electric. My son recommended the Quip and I love it. Every time I brush (2 minutes exactly, 2x per day) it feels like just left the dentist office, my teeth feel so clean!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I love this toothbrush! It has an automatic timer setup within the toothbrush. It runs for the length of time dentists say you should be brushing for. All you have to do is turn it on and brush your teeth, after the two minutes, it turns off on its own. You don't have to think about it. It also leaves my teeth feeling so clean. I highly recommend the purchase. It is so much cheaper than other electric toothbrushes.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Great product, I would definitely highly recommend the quip Toothbrush to anyone looking for an affordable electric toothbrush that also provides a great experience. My teeth feel clean and fresh every time I use it.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have never been an electric toothbrush fan. When I think of an electric toothbrush, I usually think of a rechargeable bulky product. But with quip Toothbrush, it comes in a smaller package than what I’m used to seeing and the fact that I can get a replacement brush head and battery delivered directly to my house is awesome!!! I can honestly say that when it comes to the quip Toothbrush I am a fan!!

Original review: July 14, 2019

I am very happy with my quip Toothbrush. I ordered 3 in total. 2 for my kids and 1 for me. My sons stopped working after a few weeks, quip was wonderful to deal with. They were very fast to respond and sent a replacement immediately. My kids are brushing their teeth so much better since using this brush. I cannot wait for their next dental appointment!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I loved my old electric toothbrush and always wished it was easy to take with me when I traveled. It wasn’t so I resorted to an old-fashioned version when I was on the road. I kept hearing and seeing their ads and eventually decided to check it out. Quip is exactly what I didn’t know I was looking for. It’s compact and the case is perfect for travel. Also I like how Quip shuts off after two minutes. My old electric toothbrush would pulse every 30 seconds but I rarely paid attention to how long I was going. Having the replacement head come every three months is great too because I never kept track with my old one and I’m sure I used it far longer than I should have. Being able to run three months on one battery is a convenience too. No charger to stand it and frees up valuable counter space. It’s really an ideal toothbrush for me.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Honestly changed everything about how I brush my teeth. As someone with ADHD I often completely miss/forget that part of my every day - with quip I seem to remember now. I suppose it’s all the activity and vibration, but also the timer. My teeth have never looked better and I’ve never felt better. One step closer to feeling like an adult!

Original review: July 5, 2019

Received my quip toothbrush a few weeks ago and so far I like it, especially the caring case cover and the metal bottom. It does seems to be such a gentle brushing action that I wonder if it is sufficient. However, had my teeth cleaned a few days ago and got a good report! I am traveling internationally soon (which is one of the reasons why I bought quip) and am anxious to see if I will be satiated.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Tried quip due to advertising and found it lives up to hype. No charging, easy to travel with and toothpaste is great. Brushing is easy and fun. The timing device makes sure you are brushing right and can not wait for next dentist appointment.

Original review: June 29, 2019

The brush works great. Its built-in timer makes brushing long enough a breeze. It has a warning type of vibration that allows you to know when it's almost done as well as intervals within the brushing period that I use to know when to switch to another section. Overall, the brush has made brushing teeth for me easier and less of a hassle.

Original review: June 29, 2019

The quip toothbrush has been great. Good quality with simple operations yet very effective. I enjoy brushing my teeth more since I started using quip. The only thing I’d like to see different or upgraded, is the settings for vibration. The 4 x 15 seconds for each quadrant is great to keep you on a timeline, but I actually am one who spends more time brushing my teeth than 2 min. I usually end up going through the cycle twice, which works just fine. This is a great product I would recommend everyone to try if that have any slight interest. Even if you don’t like the product, it’s not going to be a huge dent in the wallet. Great product with a great price is unbeatable.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I am using the metal brush and is a great product and works well. The vibration is just right and the brush seems to hold up well. The wall mount does not stick so attaching it to anything is a problem. Pros: very strong vibration, brush is soft, timed brush is extremely convenient. Cons: Wall mount does not work causing the brush to have to be laid down. Overall: great buy for a very good to excellent product.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I ordered this toothbrush on a whim, hoping it would be good for travel. It has turned out to be my favorite toothbrush. I weirdly find myself brushing longer and actually enjoying the process. I love how it attaches to the mirror and removes easily without leaving any residue.

Original review: June 26, 2019

My first experience with electric toothbrush. I'm happy to say I won't be going back to a manual. My teeth get cleaner and brighter. They feel so smooth and seem to stay that way longer. The style of this brush is more like a manual brush than electric. It's not bulky or heavy. The head is small and fits easily around my teeth. The company offers a great auto plan that is so cheap you can't say no. The benefits of this plan make using this toothbrush totally care-free. All you have to do is enjoy.

Original review: June 22, 2019

The Quip toothbrush comes in a convenient carry tube so you can throw it in your work/gym bag for easy carry. The toothbrush has four 30 second timers to ensure that you brush each quadrant of your mouth (i.e., upper left/lower right) for 30 seconds each, and the brushing quality is gives you a very clean feeling. The brush head is high quality, the toothbrush is very well made, and the carry tube has a base that doubles as your toothbrush stand if you are traveling or at home. It is definitely worth the money.

Original review: June 18, 2019

A good product which they say is approved by by the US Dental Association. Good shape head for gum cleaning and the facility to send you a new head every 3 months negates your t/brush growing hair and legs and walking off on its own...

Original review: June 18, 2019

Quip toothbrush is an amazing easy to use toothbrush that anyone can use. Would definitely recommend this toothbrush to anyone morning at simplified way to care for your oral health. The online refilling a toothbrush and batteries is amazing, love the concept and would recommend that to everyone wanting to simplify their oral health care.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I really enjoy the toothbrush. It took a week or two to get used to, but it's great! Only wish it didn't take so long to get (about 2 and a half weeks) and that I would have gotten a shipping email when they sent it.

Original review: June 16, 2019

For years I have attempted to use standard electric toothbrushes. I would start using them with determination that I would never go back to a manual brush; I spent lots of money on these and always gave them up because they are messy, hugely clunky, noisy, way too big for my mouth and never leave my teeth feeling clean and they never freshened my breath.

FINALLY THERE IS QUIP!!! This toothbrush is exactly what I’ve wished for...easy to use, the exact size of a regular toothbrush that fits comfortably in my mouth, cleans my teeth completely and without mess!! My mouth feels dental-visit clean after each quip use. I have used quip toothbrush everyday since I’ve had it (4 months now) the most consistently I’ve ever used an electric toothbrush. My teeth are cleaner, my gums not swollen and my teeth smoother and whiter. I LOVE THIS BRUSH AND RECOMMEND QUIP TO ALL...my 13-years-old daughter now has one I gifted her and she just loves?? her quip AND her brushing habits have improved substantially... THANKS QUIP?? This brush is AWESOME!!

Original review: June 14, 2019

I’ve never liked other battery operated toothbrushes. It seemed like I did a better job with my regular brush. Quip gets my teeth clean. I’m not sure if it’s the brush or the reminder to keep brushing for 2 minutes. Whatever it is, IT WORKS!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I've had my Quip toothbrush for a month now and ALREADY I have recommended it to everyone in my extended family. The toothbrush is sleek, very effective and cleverly designed. I still don't understand the magic of its self adhering (and re-adhering) case - but it is amazing! I love that I no longer have to worry about my refill heads. I love not having to clutter my bathroom counter with a big, clunky and unbalanced charging stand. I LOVE being able to travel with my toothbrush without lugging around the giant case of traditional vibra-brushes. This is the evolution of at home tooth care.

Original review: June 11, 2019

The quip toothbrush works wonderfully. It is nice and gentle on your teeth and gums, but gets them really clean. With my subscription, I don't have to worry about going out and buying another toothbrush or toothpaste again. I was skeptical at first when I heard ads for it. But now that I have tried it, it really is a great toothbrush to have.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I've had Sonicare brushes that were over $100, and Quip leaves me feeling cleaner at $40. Refills are a bit expensive, but the convenience and quality is worth it. The morning after brushing feels like you just got home from a professional cleaning, build quality is high, design is modern, there just really aren't enough good things to say that come to mind. I resisted the trend for years, and I am so glad I caved.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I started using my quip toothbrush after my husband bought one and loved it. After only a couple of months of using it, my dentist said he saw huge improvements in my brushing and even less build up on my teeth. He was so impressed he wanted to know what I had been doing differently! The quip toothbrush is amazing, easy to use, and I love how easy it is to switch out the battery and replace the head. No clunky charging stations or cords. Definitely recommend!

quip Toothbrush Company Information