4.24/5

178 quip Toothbrush Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 10, 2019

Here is my real-world experience, with a couple of tips I’ve not read elsewhere (I haven’t read every comment ever). Stuff you might want to know: The battery still has plenty of power left when it’s replaced. I average more than 2 uses per day for sure. I generally brush about 4 times daily (as I am in a profession that requires it of me). The battery/toothbrush functions exactly the same from first use to final use. The battery will not ever be dead.

The brush head is great and I enjoy using it. It (and the service) made me more aware of my brushing technique than I was before. Upon replacement the old head is slightly discolored, but not frayed, and the old bristles look about the same, just a bit darker. I last used Oral-B, which is fine, but not the most elegant solution. For more than a decade before that I used Sonic. I prefer that over the Oral-B, but still a lot of junk to clean, charge, shop around for expensive heads, etc...

The quip toothbrush does not do what those other two do exactly, but I believe I’m getting better results with it. It’s been 100% reliable. This requires you to pay attention. When I used Sonic I eventually stopped thinking about it, as it seems so powerful like it’s doing all the work for you. Well, it does not. If you space out using those, you’ll do just as poor of a job, you just might not be aware of it. I like the quip. If you’re one of those people that generates a list of possible caveats in your head preemptively, as to why this isn’t for you, don’t. I’d say that in general, but for this product I’d just try it and not worry about until you’ve used it for a bit. I like the quip.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Have used the Quip for 1 1/2 years. Love it for travels! The toothpaste is good, but for those of us who have sensitivity to most all toothpastes it is not the answer. I use the Quip when I travel as it's quick & easy, can keep in my purse to brush at airport in-between flights & at hotel/homes I travel to. I also have one in each of the two office I work in so I can brush during the day. However, being married to a periodontist he has found it does not clean as well as the Oral B. Thus, I now brush with Oral B in morning & bedtime, but Quip the rest of the time. Quip is still a great invention & will help lots of people especially with its mail-order for new brush heads! My husband recommends replacing your brush head every 3 months (start of each season - easier to remember), and the brush head should still look new. Thus, Quip is right-on with providing the correct replacement regimen.

However, the Quip brush heads are much more difficult to clean out leftover toothpaste. I do love the way the toothpaste - any brand - stays longer in your mouth with Quip. Again, my husband the periodontist wants his patients to brush 3 times a day for 4 minutes, not 2. Quip has the built-in timer so I just do two cycles & find it quick and easy as it turns off after 2 min, where Oral B will just continue & you have to listen for the 4 beeps to know you are done with one or two cycles, and I always run out of toothpaste (sometimes stop to reload) because I like having toothpaste when I brush.

Again, my husband says toothpaste is not a huge deal - get one you like with fluoride & you should be good. Both Quip & Oral B are waterproof so you can brush in the shower. And the Quip is very economical, from the unit itself to replacement brush heads & toothpaste. Oral B heads are double and the unit can cost anywhere from ~$27 to over $100, depending on which "style" you want. You pay for the gee-gaws on Oral B, which really are not necessary. Also - Sonicare is very similar to Oral B in overall costs. We do recommend Oral B Vitality for our patients to use in am & pm and the Quip for travel and work. Love the simplicity of Quip, do not have to recharge it, great color choices, low cost for unit & refill heads with free shipment in a timely manner, can order toothpaste delivery as well and the portability of it for travel! Great product!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I purchased a quip for my husband because he had a hard time keeping his Oral-B PowerBrush clean. He said he didn’t feel like it worked as well and he wanted his Oral-B back. (He promised to do better on keeping it clean.) So, when the replacement head and battery came for the Quip I decided to give it a shot. I worked in a dental for almost 30 years and have always used either a Sonicare or Oral-B, as the reps from those companies provide dental office staff with either free brushes or greatly discounted. So I had been using an Oral-B.

After using the quip for a week here is what I think. I like the Quip for a few reasons. 1) It is very easy to keep clean (compared to the Oral-B). 2) It doesn’t take up any counter space. 3) The auto ship program makes replacing your brush head super easy. 4) I like the feel of the bristles, super soft and not sharp at all (compared to a manual brush). 5) You don’t have to plug it in. The cons are that I don’t think it vibrates strong enough to be considered an electric toothbrush. Even with it vibrating you still have to move it around as if you were using a manual brush. I think I have good enough habits and technique that it will work fine for me but for those that slack in that area will probably benefit more with a more powerful electric toothbrush. I think it is better than a manual brush but not as effective as an electric toothbrush.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I’m obsessed with this toothbrush. I’m a sucker for pretty things and the design of the toothbrush is so attractive. I love the matte finish on the handle. It also came in the cutest little packaging (again, I’m a sucker). The toothbrush is powerful but not uncomfortable. I used to have a Sonicare and stopped using it because I felt like it rattled my entire jaw. It’s comfortable to hold and not nearly as heavy as my clunky Sonicare was. Also there’s no huge charging stand to take up counter space since it’s battery operated. It comes with a holding tube that you can adhere to any flat surface... Mine is on my mirror.

I love that it beeps to tell you to move on to the next quadrant of your mouth. There’s also a tongue scraper on the back which is a nice addition. When I first got the toothpaste I was a little worried that it wasn’t labeled as “whitening” but my teeth look great after about a month of usage. A travel size toothpaste comes with every shipment which has been super convenient for me. Overall I really love my Quip and have gotten friends and family to purchase them as well.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Oops! I bought it again... Not really oops! I just liked mine so much I bought another one for my mother. We are both longtime Sonicare users. I have nothing bad to say about the brand. In my case my aging Sonicare passed away suddenly. After a proper funeral service and a brief period of mourning I headed to Target to procure a replacement. Then I saw it... The Quip display. The packaging was exquisite. Yes, packaging is sometimes enough to sell me. I had a choice of colors too. Copper is a nice manly look.

My calculus was that for forty dollars (if you are a senior citizen like me then that translates to two double sawbucks) I could afford to toss it if I did not like it. Unboxing revealed someone at Quip is a student of the Apple method of presentation. If Apple marketed a toothbrush, the Quip is what they would have designed in Cupertino and made in China.

I was so impressed I registered for the head/battery replacement plan before I even tried out the Quip. I mounted the Quip to my mirror. No more recharging stand and cord. This instrument is powered by a single AAA Battery (included). The mirror mount doubles as a travel case. If you are a frequent traveler the entire unit, with battery, case, handle and brush head could easily be carried in an inside suit jacket pocket. For sizing think Montblanc pen.

In operation the Quip is a spa for your gluten free quiche hole. Two minutes of runtime marked by a two second shut down every thirty seconds. I won't try to describe the experience, but it as close to addictive as toothbrushing can get. After using her's my mother agrees. So it unanimous. The question you might ask yourself is: Why are you denying yourself this healthy pleasure? NOTE 1: I received my usual compensation for my honest review. Which is to say, nothing. Further, I purchased both Quips with my own money. NOTE 2: Since the Quip is labeled as a toothbrush I have been asked if one had to buy one Quip for each tooth. I assure you a single Quip will do every tooth and I shall recommend the use of the word "teethbrush" to Quip to avoid future confusion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?

Original review: May 21, 2019

Affordable and a less wasteful form of a toothbrush. Quip has been very good for me so far! I like that it has its own dual cover/holder. It has a built in timer so I actually brush my teeth for the allotted time. The bristles are so durable while still not causing pain on the gums or mouth. I also like that they send the new toothbrush heads because you keep your toothbrush and teeth in good condition.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I can't believe anyone (including myself) would buy such a substandard piece of garbage like the Quip toothbrush! You can buy a much superior product in the Oral-B Pulsar toothbrush which is substantially less expensive than the Quip ($6). Why would anyone even consider buying, much less subscribing, into such a ridiculous scam?! Buyer beware....you can do much better going to Walmart and buying an Oral-B Pulsar!!

Original review: May 19, 2019

I've been very impressed with the quip. The 2 minute timer and slim styling are great. Perfect for traveling and daily use with the battery. My dentist even said that my gone care was great. I recommend this for everyone.

Original review: May 18, 2019

This seems silly to be this excited about a toothbrush! I love my Quip! The built in timer that tells you when to stop brushing, the toothbrush holder, the travel case! Everything is designed so well! Thank you for such a great product!

Original review: May 17, 2019

As someone who sucks at counting, two-minute brushes weren’t a thing for me. (More like 30 second brushes.) Quip makes brushing so easy! I turn it on, and wait for the pulses. It’s also beautiful, and crazy portable! And the case is a miracle! My family accidentally tossed my toothbrush into the GARBAGE, and it came out clean and undamaged!

Original review: May 17, 2019

Love it! My teeth feel extremely clean! I love that I don’t have to charge it! And it’s so nice how it hangs anywhere you stick it! Very convenient! My only wish, is that bristles were a tad bit softer or maybe have a “soft bristle” option for replacement heads! But overall, I’m sticking with this brush!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I very much enjoy the timing and the comfortability in my hand of this toothbrush. The bristles are the perfect strength and it is not a loud Unit. The five dollar mailing of a new brush head every three months is also very very effective. I highly recommend this to Anybody and everybody who struggles to replace their brush in a timely fashion.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I first heard about quip through a podcast that they sponsored and after several months of hearing their ads on this podcast, I finally decided to bite the bullet and try it out. I purchased the partner pack of two toothbrushes for my boyfriend and I and we absolutely love them. We feel like they leave our mouths really clean and we like the built-in timer so that we know we are brushing for the right amount of time. Before quip, my boyfriend was a very forceful brusher and was causing some damage to his gums, but with quip he doesn't feel the need to push as hard and he feels much better! I love that the refills come right to our door and we don't need to remember to replace them on an every 3 months basis.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I bought 3 of these; a metal handled toothbrush each for me and my oldest daughter, and a plastic kids handled one for my youngest daughter. The metal handle feels cheap, almost like a gritty aluminum can, and I almost imagine the paint chipping off or for my kid to be messing around and bend it. I seriously doubt either will happen but that's the feel of it. When brushing you can feel movement in the brush head and my kid is always asking if it's going to come off, but it's more likely that it's because they are replaceable. Overall it's a toothbrush and it gets the job done, but I way overpaid for toothbrushes.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I love the small portable size of the toothbrush and the pulses to remind you to switch sides are great. I can definitely say it's improved the overall quality of my dental health in just a couple months of use. The battery life is incredible and the fact that it takes standard AAA batteries is very convenient. Excellent product overall.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I only wonder why it took me so to order this. It’s a great little product that really gets the job done. Not thrilled by the sleeve intended for storage, but overall, great purchase that combines value and performance.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Quip is great for so many reasons. Not only is quip aesthetically pleasing, but it works great. The 30 second timer helps to ensure that all of my teeth get the same amount of attention when brushing. Also, the fact that this is a subscription service makes it so much more convenient (not to mention affordable) than other electric toothbrushes on the market.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Excellent Product and Service. At the end of the day it is a great toothbrush. The lack of "one more thing to deal with" also makes it worth the cost. I don't have to worry about replacing the head or buying more toothpaste when I get close to running out. I have owned more expensive toothbrushes in the past. The Quip brush is equal to, or better, than all of them.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Quip is easy to use and looks cool. I don’t have to think about where to brush because it lets you know so you evenly brush all 4 quadrants of your teeth. Poor dental health leads to health problems. I hate going to the dentist so at least I am doing my part to have healthy teeth.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I love my Quip which I got in early January and was so excited to sign up for the handle/battery replacement which came last week. I read the detailed instructions about how to take off old handle and put the new one in. Instructions were great but as hard as I tried the handle would NOT detach from the brush part above. After 3 inquiries to customer service where they just reiterated what the Youtube video said, I asked them to send me a new handle. I have yet to get that, their latest request is for me to send a pic of the handle which I did this morning. I am so disappointed. My battery is now run out and I cannot use it. It's sad to be so happy with a product but then need to move to another because of service.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I was wary of ordering the Quip toothbrush. After the first use I was in love with it. The 30 second increments on the timer are great. I like that the vibration of the brush is strong enough to clean my teeth but gentle enough to not cause pain or discomfort. The holder for the brush is perfect. It is stuck to the mirror so it is out of the way. I did add a brush head cover to keep the bristles clean. I will buy more for my family! What a great brush.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I had been meaning to try quip for some time and finally made the commitment. That was one of the best purchase decisions I have made this year. My teeth have never felt so clean and for the price bam!

Original review: April 29, 2019

I'm not one to usually leave reviews, but I feel as if the Quip deserves it. I hated brushing my teeth, it was always my least favorite part about my bedtime/morning routine. But I genuinely look forward to using my Quip each day. It is the perfect amount of pressure, and I walk away feeling fresh. The timer really helps to keep track of brushing for long enough. And the price is something you can't beat. An added plus is not having to deal with any clunky charging hardware, either.

Original review: April 29, 2019

First Electric Toothbrush. I have never used an electric toothbrush before, but at my wife's and dental hygienist's urging, I was lucky enough to get a Quip toothbrush for XMAS. I have used it for three months now and my teeth feel cleaner, my gums seem to like the stimulation, my breath seems fresher and I very much like the brushing experience - particularly the timing indicator that indicates when each section of my mouth is complete. I'll be getting a replacement quarterly, which the company made easy to reorder automatically and inexpensively. I would recommend this toothbrush to everyone.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Sleek design and easy to use. In the past when I used electric toothbrushes I always despised when they made you choose between Clean OR Whiten. Now with quip, I don't have to choose and I know I'm getting the best of both worlds in a short 2 minutes.

Original review: April 29, 2019

It sounds cliche, but I actually look forward to brushing my teeth now with my new Quip brush. It's easy to use, and has a really nice sleek design - I chose the copper metal handle. I haven't reached the three month mark to receive my refill head yet, but based on the ease of putting it together initially, I'm sure it'll be easy to switch out!

Original review: April 29, 2019

The REAL Tooth Fairy. Since the arrival of their Quips, my kids cannot wait for time to brush their teeth. And they brush for a full two minutes! They love the colors and that their brushes match mine - though they are slightly smaller to better fit their slightly smaller mouths. Quip makes brushing an EXPERIENCE that leads to better health.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have use an electronic toothbrush for years but hated purchasing new brush heads and the cost to replace them. The idea of not worrying about purchasing new brush heads and having them delivered to my door was very much a plus for me. I wasn’t sure however if QUIP toothbrush would clean as well as the electric toothbrush that I had been using for years. Happy to report that it does a fantastic job! Love my QUIP. By the way I worked in the dental field for 15 years and understand how important a good toothbrush is for oral health. I have already recommended QUIP to several co workers and will be purchasing more for my family.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Was viewing various water flossing/brushing devices and also saw the Quip. After reading up on it, bought that too and it’s a great complimentary brush to have and use. Also at a great price. Highly recommended.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I love this thing. Its timed quadrant brushing not only helps me brush my teeth better but I actually am excited to brush them. Also the info on the website was super helpful. Highly recommend this product!!

quip Toothbrush Company Information