2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.58/5

quip Toothbrush Reviews

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Everyone has to brush their teeth might as well do it stylishly. The simple product design with its the sleek travel tube makes brushing your teeth at home or on the go easier to do. You get the extra pleasure of seeing that it looks nice in your cabinet since it's not clunky or have random colours on it (I have the silver metal toothbrush). It's definitely a toothbrush that was made for the gram, 'cause nowadays people are taking pictures of everything and want to feel like they can look good even while brushing their teeth.

The built-in timer with the vibrating bristles is a nice feature so I know my teeth are getting cleaner with the correct amount of time that it needs to be brushed. Plus you can subscribe to having the replaceable toothbrush head mailed to you quarterly so I'm definitely changing the brush as often as it needs to be as well. It's also not too expensive or has to have a charging doc cluttering up the counter which is great for people like me who live in apartments and don't need any more stuff to take up space.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

In my line of work, I travel quite often, sometimes for weeks at a time, and in pretty austere conditions. At home I use an electric toothbrush, but they are too unwieldy, costly, and bulky to carry around for travels. Enter Quip. I've been able to use it for nearly two months now (combined travel time) and I'm super pleased with it. Everything on it seems well thought out. Normally I'm the type of person to think about how I'd improve something, but the Quip doesn't give me that opportunity. I can't see what could be improved. One of the cool features to me was the adhesive to stick it on a surface, like a mirror. Saves counter space, lets it dry, and my 8 year old also had a lot of fun sticking hers to the mirror.

Based on the action of the toothbrush, I'm not positive it's quite as "aggressive" as my home toothbrush, but as far as I can tell it gets the job done. I don't have to think about how long to brush overall, and since it alerts every 30 seconds in use when to change the area you are brushing, I feel I'm still taking care of my teeth even when the conditions aren't so great where I am. Highly recommended. Enough so that I bought one for my parents who travel often, the one for my daughter, and have recommended them multiple times to those who also travel, camp, etc.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I love my quip toothbrush, which I purchased at Target on the recommendation of my dental hygienist to help remove plaque and curb my gum recession/disease.

I believe in the product so much that I wanted to share the love, and gifted two quip toothbrushes to a couple friends -- that is, friends who are a couple -- during the 2019 holiday season.

My only complaint, which was frustrating at the time but seems minor now, was that I had trouble setting up my refill policy -- the automatic mailing of a new brush and battery every 3 months for $5, charged to my credit card. For some reason, I couldn't get the refill set up via the company's online instructions, despite several back & forth emails with mostly helpful quip staff. When I asked for a call to step me thru the process, I was informed that phone calls are currently not a customer-service option -- a telecommunications decision that didn't fly with this senior! The good news: my senior brain finally figured out the online refill sign-up process, and I received my first refill with no further effort on my part required! So, I'm VERY happy with the product and hopeful that no other refill seekers encounter the same difficulty I did putting that policy into effect.

Gratefully,

A Happy quip Customer

Original review: April 10, 2019

Here is my real-world experience, with a couple of tips I’ve not read elsewhere (I haven’t read every comment ever). Stuff you might want to know: The battery still has plenty of power left when it’s replaced. I average more than 2 uses per day for sure. I generally brush about 4 times daily (as I am in a profession that requires it of me). The battery/toothbrush functions exactly the same from first use to final use. The battery will not ever be dead.

The brush head is great and I enjoy using it. It (and the service) made me more aware of my brushing technique than I was before. Upon replacement the old head is slightly discolored, but not frayed, and the old bristles look about the same, just a bit darker. I last used Oral-B, which is fine, but not the most elegant solution. For more than a decade before that I used Sonic. I prefer that over the Oral-B, but still a lot of junk to clean, charge, shop around for expensive heads, etc...

The quip toothbrush does not do what those other two do exactly, but I believe I’m getting better results with it. It’s been 100% reliable. This requires you to pay attention. When I used Sonic I eventually stopped thinking about it, as it seems so powerful like it’s doing all the work for you. Well, it does not. If you space out using those, you’ll do just as poor of a job, you just might not be aware of it. I like the quip. If you’re one of those people that generates a list of possible caveats in your head preemptively, as to why this isn’t for you, don’t. I’d say that in general, but for this product I’d just try it and not worry about until you’ve used it for a bit. I like the quip.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Have used the Quip for 1 1/2 years. Love it for travels! The toothpaste is good, but for those of us who have sensitivity to most all toothpastes it is not the answer. I use the Quip when I travel as it's quick & easy, can keep in my purse to brush at airport in-between flights & at hotel/homes I travel to. I also have one in each of the two office I work in so I can brush during the day. However, being married to a periodontist he has found it does not clean as well as the Oral B. Thus, I now brush with Oral B in morning & bedtime, but Quip the rest of the time. Quip is still a great invention & will help lots of people especially with its mail-order for new brush heads! My husband recommends replacing your brush head every 3 months (start of each season - easier to remember), and the brush head should still look new. Thus, Quip is right-on with providing the correct replacement regimen.

However, the Quip brush heads are much more difficult to clean out leftover toothpaste. I do love the way the toothpaste - any brand - stays longer in your mouth with Quip. Again, my husband the periodontist wants his patients to brush 3 times a day for 4 minutes, not 2. Quip has the built-in timer so I just do two cycles & find it quick and easy as it turns off after 2 min, where Oral B will just continue & you have to listen for the 4 beeps to know you are done with one or two cycles, and I always run out of toothpaste (sometimes stop to reload) because I like having toothpaste when I brush.

Again, my husband says toothpaste is not a huge deal - get one you like with fluoride & you should be good. Both Quip & Oral B are waterproof so you can brush in the shower. And the Quip is very economical, from the unit itself to replacement brush heads & toothpaste. Oral B heads are double and the unit can cost anywhere from ~$27 to over $100, depending on which "style" you want. You pay for the gee-gaws on Oral B, which really are not necessary. Also - Sonicare is very similar to Oral B in overall costs. We do recommend Oral B Vitality for our patients to use in am & pm and the Quip for travel and work. Love the simplicity of Quip, do not have to recharge it, great color choices, low cost for unit & refill heads with free shipment in a timely manner, can order toothpaste delivery as well and the portability of it for travel! Great product!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

The sleekness of the toothbrush caught my eye but then it was more than that. The traveling case, the holder all built in one. The timer helps you thoroughly clean your teeth & bristles are perfect. I love the refill plan for it as well!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

My Daughter-In-Law turned me on to the Quip toothbrush while we were shopping at Target. I was skeptical at first because I always have great checkups at the dentist with them raving about how well I brush. The Quip has made the process even better. I love the extra stimulation from the vibration as I brush, and my teeth actually feel even cleaner as if that were possible. The automatic replacement program is a added bonus.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I got my Quip in January and immediately loved it. I can feel a real difference in the cleanliness of my teeth. It is so easy to use and highly affordable. My husband and I both love it!!! You can’t beat the price on the toothbrush and refill heads when comparing to other toothbrushes.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Quip provides high quality dental hygiene products at an affordable price in addition to outstanding customer service and incentives. They've perfected a product we all use and made it easy to maintain. I'd recommend this to anyone with confidence.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Couldn't be happier! I used to be so bad at brushing my teeth and remembering to do so. My wife was always nagging me. Now we both have a brush each and I use it twice a day maybe even three times if I'm feeling good! Love this!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

quip Toothbrush Company Information