4.45/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

quip Toothbrush

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

quip Toothbrush Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

Here is my real-world experience, with a couple of tips I’ve not read elsewhere (I haven’t read every comment ever). Stuff you might want to know: The battery still has plenty of power left when it’s replaced. I average more than 2 uses per day for sure. I generally brush about 4 times daily (as I am in a profession that requires it of me). The battery/toothbrush functions exactly the same from first use to final use. The battery will not ever be dead.

The brush head is great and I enjoy using it. It (and the service) made me more aware of my brushing technique than I was before. Upon replacement the old head is slightly discolored, but not frayed, and the old bristles look about the same, just a bit darker. I last used Oral-B, which is fine, but not the most elegant solution. For more than a decade before that I used Sonic. I prefer that over the Oral-B, but still a lot of junk to clean, charge, shop around for expensive heads, etc...

The quip toothbrush does not do what those other two do exactly, but I believe I’m getting better results with it. It’s been 100% reliable. This requires you to pay attention. When I used Sonic I eventually stopped thinking about it, as it seems so powerful like it’s doing all the work for you. Well, it does not. If you space out using those, you’ll do just as poor of a job, you just might not be aware of it. I like the quip. If you’re one of those people that generates a list of possible caveats in your head preemptively, as to why this isn’t for you, don’t. I’d say that in general, but for this product I’d just try it and not worry about until you’ve used it for a bit. I like the quip.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Have used the Quip for 1 1/2 years. Love it for travels! The toothpaste is good, but for those of us who have sensitivity to most all toothpastes it is not the answer. I use the Quip when I travel as it's quick & easy, can keep in my purse to brush at airport in-between flights & at hotel/homes I travel to. I also have one in each of the two office I work in so I can brush during the day. However, being married to a periodontist he has found it does not clean as well as the Oral B. Thus, I now brush with Oral B in morning & bedtime, but Quip the rest of the time. Quip is still a great invention & will help lots of people especially with its mail-order for new brush heads! My husband recommends replacing your brush head every 3 months (start of each season - easier to remember), and the brush head should still look new. Thus, Quip is right-on with providing the correct replacement regimen.

However, the Quip brush heads are much more difficult to clean out leftover toothpaste. I do love the way the toothpaste - any brand - stays longer in your mouth with Quip. Again, my husband the periodontist wants his patients to brush 3 times a day for 4 minutes, not 2. Quip has the built-in timer so I just do two cycles & find it quick and easy as it turns off after 2 min, where Oral B will just continue & you have to listen for the 4 beeps to know you are done with one or two cycles, and I always run out of toothpaste (sometimes stop to reload) because I like having toothpaste when I brush.

Again, my husband says toothpaste is not a huge deal - get one you like with fluoride & you should be good. Both Quip & Oral B are waterproof so you can brush in the shower. And the Quip is very economical, from the unit itself to replacement brush heads & toothpaste. Oral B heads are double and the unit can cost anywhere from ~$27 to over $100, depending on which "style" you want. You pay for the gee-gaws on Oral B, which really are not necessary. Also - Sonicare is very similar to Oral B in overall costs. We do recommend Oral B Vitality for our patients to use in am & pm and the Quip for travel and work. Love the simplicity of Quip, do not have to recharge it, great color choices, low cost for unit & refill heads with free shipment in a timely manner, can order toothpaste delivery as well and the portability of it for travel! Great product!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I purchased a quip for my husband because he had a hard time keeping his Oral-B PowerBrush clean. He said he didn’t feel like it worked as well and he wanted his Oral-B back. (He promised to do better on keeping it clean.) So, when the replacement head and battery came for the Quip I decided to give it a shot. I worked in a dental for almost 30 years and have always used either a Sonicare or Oral-B, as the reps from those companies provide dental office staff with either free brushes or greatly discounted. So I had been using an Oral-B.

After using the quip for a week here is what I think. I like the Quip for a few reasons. 1) It is very easy to keep clean (compared to the Oral-B). 2) It doesn’t take up any counter space. 3) The auto ship program makes replacing your brush head super easy. 4) I like the feel of the bristles, super soft and not sharp at all (compared to a manual brush). 5) You don’t have to plug it in. The cons are that I don’t think it vibrates strong enough to be considered an electric toothbrush. Even with it vibrating you still have to move it around as if you were using a manual brush. I think I have good enough habits and technique that it will work fine for me but for those that slack in that area will probably benefit more with a more powerful electric toothbrush. I think it is better than a manual brush but not as effective as an electric toothbrush.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I’m obsessed with this toothbrush. I’m a sucker for pretty things and the design of the toothbrush is so attractive. I love the matte finish on the handle. It also came in the cutest little packaging (again, I’m a sucker). The toothbrush is powerful but not uncomfortable. I used to have a Sonicare and stopped using it because I felt like it rattled my entire jaw. It’s comfortable to hold and not nearly as heavy as my clunky Sonicare was. Also there’s no huge charging stand to take up counter space since it’s battery operated. It comes with a holding tube that you can adhere to any flat surface... Mine is on my mirror.

I love that it beeps to tell you to move on to the next quadrant of your mouth. There’s also a tongue scraper on the back which is a nice addition. When I first got the toothpaste I was a little worried that it wasn’t labeled as “whitening” but my teeth look great after about a month of usage. A travel size toothpaste comes with every shipment which has been super convenient for me. Overall I really love my Quip and have gotten friends and family to purchase them as well.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Oops! I bought it again... Not really oops! I just liked mine so much I bought another one for my mother. We are both longtime Sonicare users. I have nothing bad to say about the brand. In my case my aging Sonicare passed away suddenly. After a proper funeral service and a brief period of mourning I headed to Target to procure a replacement. Then I saw it... The Quip display. The packaging was exquisite. Yes, packaging is sometimes enough to sell me. I had a choice of colors too. Copper is a nice manly look.

My calculus was that for forty dollars (if you are a senior citizen like me then that translates to two double sawbucks) I could afford to toss it if I did not like it. Unboxing revealed someone at Quip is a student of the Apple method of presentation. If Apple marketed a toothbrush, the Quip is what they would have designed in Cupertino and made in China.

I was so impressed I registered for the head/battery replacement plan before I even tried out the Quip. I mounted the Quip to my mirror. No more recharging stand and cord. This instrument is powered by a single AAA Battery (included). The mirror mount doubles as a travel case. If you are a frequent traveler the entire unit, with battery, case, handle and brush head could easily be carried in an inside suit jacket pocket. For sizing think Montblanc pen.

In operation the Quip is a spa for your gluten free quiche hole. Two minutes of runtime marked by a two second shut down every thirty seconds. I won't try to describe the experience, but it as close to addictive as toothbrushing can get. After using her's my mother agrees. So it unanimous. The question you might ask yourself is: Why are you denying yourself this healthy pleasure? NOTE 1: I received my usual compensation for my honest review. Which is to say, nothing. Further, I purchased both Quips with my own money. NOTE 2: Since the Quip is labeled as a toothbrush I have been asked if one had to buy one Quip for each tooth. I assure you a single Quip will do every tooth and I shall recommend the use of the word "teethbrush" to Quip to avoid future confusion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I did not know I would love an electric toothbrush, but here I am. I switched from Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush with a charger stand that plugs into the wall - which I used for probably ten years. I never used the guiding pulses so never knew how long I was brushing, but with quip I know exactly how long and make sure I spend time getting every area. I haven’t reviewed with my dentist yet but I hope they will be happy with my brushing now! The only concern I have with quip is recycling the brush heads. I have yet to receive my first refill pack, so I cannot yet review that process.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My wife and I simply LOVE our quip toothbrushes! Our mouths feel healthier and our smiles are brighter than I can ever remember. The little reminders every 30 seconds keep us moving along and ensure that we complete all areas. Great Product, Very Reasonably Priced, Excellent Quality! Thank You...❤️

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I bought my quip toothbrush in September right before leaving for a vacation. It comes with a cover and packed as easily as a regular manual toothbrush. I bought the toothbrush because I noticed I was applying a lot of pressure with a manual brush to get my teeth as clean as I like them, and I love how clean the quip gets my teeth with no extra pressure --- I honestly look forward to brushing my teeth every time. The two-minute brushing cycle with 30 second pulses reminds me to evenly pay attention to each quadrant of my mouth, and the toothbrush has a tongue scraper on the back of the toothbrush head, which is a great feature.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Have been seeing the quip toothbrush advertised for awhile but was skeptical. Finally decided to purchase for me and my husband. All I can say “WOW”! We couldn’t believe how clean our teeth felt after using it the first time! It felt like We had just had a cleaning from the dentist! We looked at each other and said “bye-bye manual toothbrush” and in the garbage they went. I highly recommend this toothbrush and to ditch your manual one. Believe us you won’t be disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Like many folks, I heard of Quip via the onslaught of podcast ads. Without knowing anyone first hand that used it, I was a little skeptic of the toothbrush. While on vacation, my best friend mentioned her Quip & how she missed it (seems dramatic). Step in the right direction... Then whenever I returned, I went to the dentist and found out I had two cavities, my first two ever at the ripe age of 27. With my horror and immediate panic/anxiety, I went online and purchased the Quip. My. Life. Has. Changed. I love this toothbrush. Somehow, before, I was borderline sawing my way through toothbrushes, going through one a month. Bristles falling out, and obviously my technique was lacking. Now, I have a way to time myself, and the gentle pulses remind me to not murder my teeth with brushing. I adore this toothbrush.

quip Toothbrush Company Information