3.93/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

70 quip Toothbrush Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I've always been really bad about brushing my teeth. The quip has truly changed that. The bristles are actually quite nice and don't make my gums hurt. The vibration that tells me when to change what part of my mouth to brush are just EXCELLENT.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

This toothbrush and the toothpaste that quip makes are both great - I love the idea of getting a replacement head and fresh toothpaste in the mail when you need it without needing to remember to re-order. My favorite things about the toothbrush are the timer and the way that the case can mount to my bathroom mirror, so it takes up so little space compared to a traditional electric toothbrush. Had a dentist appointment a couple weeks ago and they said everything looks great, so no complaints here!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I really like how the vibrations are not so strong they irritate or tickle my face, and I love the sleek design and the cover/case. Plus, a new toothbrush head AND a battery every three months, shipped, for $5? Awesome!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

This brush has many fine features. My husband and I are both using them and we are thinking of getting two more to keep on our boat. It is gentle but effective. Perfect size to get to all the hard to reach areas of the mouth. Soothing massage to the gums. Soft bristles. Timing feature for each quadrant. Feels good on the tongue.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Quip makes my toothpaste taste like the blood of murdered children. Want to sell a toothbrush for 49.99. Tip: Don't get political. Very disgusting that what is supposed to be a high end, expensive company gets publicly political. Will use a different company for my next electric toothbrush. No thanks Quip, lost me as a customer forever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I like others. Thought this would be great for travel. But it has not held help under minimal use. My wife had prepaid for replacements. I got one. And after replacing the head, it stopped working entirely. Very disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have been using an Oral-B electric toothbrush for years, with no complaints. But my daughter raved about the Quip and I loved the idea of being able to travel with it. So gave it a try. After using the Quip for about a week, I noticed my front teeth were looking grey. Two days later, when I looked in the mirror, parts of my teeth were brown! I was able to look at the back of my lower front teeth, and they were VERY brown and looked like they were rotting! NEVER had anything like this before!!!

I googled about teeth turning brown. I thought about everything I’ve been eating or any new vitamins/supplements I’ve been taking (nothing different). I read about using baking soda to clean teeth stains. So I got out my old Oral-B electric toothbrush and brushed for 5 minutes, first with my regular toothpaste, then with baking soda. And voila! Brown stains gone! MUCH TO MY RELIEF!!!

I believe the staining was due to the Quip, as it evidently it was not getting my teeth clean for an entire week. To be sure, I thoroughly read the directions and believe that I was using it as directed. I have read reviews posted here and don’t see any similar experiences, so it’s puzzling. But since going back to my old electric, my teeth look fine! So, obviously, I will not continue to use the Quip. Disappointed, but customer service was very responsive because company gives you a 30 day guarantee.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I ordered a full year subscription to Quip 12 business days ago and it has yet to be delivered. I emailed help@getquip.com 6 business days ago and followed up continuously, even on their website without a response or delivery. I have no review for the actual product, but I can imagine getting refills will have similar logistical and customer service issues.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I initially liked this... Solid performance and much less ‘jarring’ than a typical electric brush. And loved the look and ability to mount it on side of my bathroom mirror. But recently been having stomach aches, bloating etc... And couldn’t figure out what was going on. This would occur shortly after brushing. While I’d hadn’t yet received my replacement, I took a very close look at the head—at the ‘root’ of the tips, blackish gunk—mold! I stopped immediately using it and went back to trusty manual brush—bloating and belly aches are gone. The replacement came yesterday but am hesitant to resume using it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I ordered 2 of the $40 brushes after Thanksgiving for Christmas gifts. Mine was just replaced because in the month that I had it, I replaced the battery twice after the factory battery died. I gave my son his on Christmas Day and his battery is already dead on his as of Jan 2nd. What is going on with these and why is the battery life so poor that you barely get 8 days or less of use on one AAA battery? I want to like these so much, but I have canceled both of my subscriptions, because this is definitely an issue.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I purchased a quip for my husband because he had a hard time keeping his Oral-B PowerBrush clean. He said he didn’t feel like it worked as well and he wanted his Oral-B back. (He promised to do better on keeping it clean.) So, when the replacement head and battery came for the Quip I decided to give it a shot. I worked in a dental for almost 30 years and have always used either a Sonicare or Oral-B, as the reps from those companies provide dental office staff with either free brushes or greatly discounted. So I had been using an Oral-B.

After using the quip for a week here is what I think. I like the Quip for a few reasons. 1) It is very easy to keep clean (compared to the Oral-B). 2) It doesn’t take up any counter space. 3) The auto ship program makes replacing your brush head super easy. 4) I like the feel of the bristles, super soft and not sharp at all (compared to a manual brush). 5) You don’t have to plug it in. The cons are that I don’t think it vibrates strong enough to be considered an electric toothbrush. Even with it vibrating you still have to move it around as if you were using a manual brush. I think I have good enough habits and technique that it will work fine for me but for those that slack in that area will probably benefit more with a more powerful electric toothbrush. I think it is better than a manual brush but not as effective as an electric toothbrush.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I'm hooked on the Quip toothbrush. Love the bristles over the OralB brush I use and having it electric, with a timer, is really nice. I occasionally use the brush as non-electric and I'm pleased with that also. Glad I made this purchase.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

There are so many reason to get quip - but the 3 reasons I recommend it are: 1. mouth feels great after. 2. great design. 3. kind of fun. Brushing for 2 minutes with sonic movement just feels so much cleaner than normal brushing. The design is so easy to figure out and use that it makes brushing fun.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I really love the quip toothbrush! I like the timer on it for 2 min to keep you brushing correctly. It also has the to go carrier to put your brush in. It’s convenient to take with you. I would definitely tell my friends about your product. Also very affordable.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

It is very gentle but effective. It was so gentle that I thought it would not clean as well as my current electric toothbrush. After using a week, I found it worked better than what I was using. I'm not going back to store bought toothbrushes.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I purchased after a friend told me about it, I love it! Been a few months now, still works amazing and the holder still sticks to the mirror when I travel. I highly recommend this toothbrush. Just bought one as a stocking stuffer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

This was a gift from my daughter. I wasn't crazy about the product performance but used it anyway because it is convenient for traveling. But recently the brush head kept popping off the base, even with a new replacement head. I contacted customer support, via email because I couldn't find a phone number anywhere. After half a dozen emails back and forth, with them first insisting on the email from the original order (the fact that I was an account holder and had auto shipment of replacements wasn't good enough) and four different pictures sent, they wanted me to return the entire thing!

They then sent the return receipt to my daughter not to me, indicating that they could only send it to the original order account (how poor a process is that?!?) And in the email telling me I needed to return it, they said if I didn't they couldn't honor any replacement requests in the future, like somehow all of the pain/effort I was going through was to get a free $25 toothbrush base. I finally told them to forget it and I canceled my auto-refill plan. My replacement for this is a Sonicare. Much higher quality. Save yourself the disappointment and frustration and go for a high-quality brush.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I placed my order the beginning of the week and it said that it would ship within 1-3 days. It has since passed that and while my card has been charged it STILL says processing and they can't even provide me an estimate as to when I will receive my product. I emailed them, because they don't have a phone number anywhere, and they have been very unhelpful. They reply with "The product will ship in 1-3 days of purchase date". But it has not. Would not recommend ordering from them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

The brush is the perfect stiffness and size. At first, I thought it might be too small, but that really helps it to fit everywhere it should. I have serious over-crowding, so reaching back to the molars hasn't always been easy for me with other brushes. Not having to worry about when to replace is a huge plus, as well. Overall, it's a great product and service.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I’m obsessed with this toothbrush. I’m a sucker for pretty things and the design of the toothbrush is so attractive. I love the matte finish on the handle. It also came in the cutest little packaging (again, I’m a sucker). The toothbrush is powerful but not uncomfortable. I used to have a Sonicare and stopped using it because I felt like it rattled my entire jaw. It’s comfortable to hold and not nearly as heavy as my clunky Sonicare was. Also there’s no huge charging stand to take up counter space since it’s battery operated. It comes with a holding tube that you can adhere to any flat surface... Mine is on my mirror.

I love that it beeps to tell you to move on to the next quadrant of your mouth. There’s also a tongue scraper on the back which is a nice addition. When I first got the toothpaste I was a little worried that it wasn’t labeled as “whitening” but my teeth look great after about a month of usage. A travel size toothpaste comes with every shipment which has been super convenient for me. Overall I really love my Quip and have gotten friends and family to purchase them as well.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

This was a small, easy to operate toothbrush. No need to place it on the charger after each use. Easily fit in my travel bag with its own cover. Very convenient. The bristles are very similar to a standard toothbrush. It appears to be a mix of both types of toothbrush.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

So far so good! Love the timer feature to help me hit all my teeth when I am barely awake in the morning. Very cool design, brush heads are lasting well. Just need my dentist appointment to come for a pro review!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Good quality, good price. Reminds me to swap my brush head every three months. I like having the AAA battery instead of the rechargeable battery because it last all three months and then I don’t have to remember the charger.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Oops! I bought it again... Not really oops! I just liked mine so much I bought another one for my mother. We are both longtime Sonicare users. I have nothing bad to say about the brand. In my case my aging Sonicare passed away suddenly. After a proper funeral service and a brief period of mourning I headed to Target to procure a replacement. Then I saw it... The Quip display. The packaging was exquisite. Yes, packaging is sometimes enough to sell me. I had a choice of colors too. Copper is a nice manly look.

My calculus was that for forty dollars (if you are a senior citizen like me then that translates to two double sawbucks) I could afford to toss it if I did not like it. Unboxing revealed someone at Quip is a student of the Apple method of presentation. If Apple marketed a toothbrush, the Quip is what they would have designed in Cupertino and made in China.

I was so impressed I registered for the head/battery replacement plan before I even tried out the Quip. I mounted the Quip to my mirror. No more recharging stand and cord. This instrument is powered by a single AAA Battery (included). The mirror mount doubles as a travel case. If you are a frequent traveler the entire unit, with battery, case, handle and brush head could easily be carried in an inside suit jacket pocket. For sizing think Montblanc pen.

In operation the Quip is a spa for your gluten free quiche hole. Two minutes of runtime marked by a two second shut down every thirty seconds. I won't try to describe the experience, but it as close to addictive as toothbrushing can get. After using her's my mother agrees. So it unanimous. The question you might ask yourself is: Why are you denying yourself this healthy pleasure? NOTE 1: I received my usual compensation for my honest review. Which is to say, nothing. Further, I purchased both Quips with my own money. NOTE 2: Since the Quip is labeled as a toothbrush I have been asked if one had to buy one Quip for each tooth. I assure you a single Quip will do every tooth and I shall recommend the use of the word "teethbrush" to Quip to avoid future confusion.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I’ll start with the pros: Easy to use. Affordable subscription plan - new brush heads automatically delivered for $5. Gets teeth cleaner than manual brushing (I feel). Toothbrush stays cleaner than the electric toothbrush I had been using. No place for mold to collect. Cons: I’ve used an expensive Sonic product in the past. I don’t feel that this gets my teeth as clean as the Sonic did. Feels kind of cheap in my hand. (What did I expect for the price?) Overall, I’d recommend. Just don’t expect the same quality you’d get from a higher end Sonic or Oral-B.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I love how quiet this toothbrush is and how it times out 2 minutes for you to get your teeth feeling very clean. I also love its thin design. The variety of colors is also nice. I've only had it for about 6 weeks so I can't comment on the timely delivery of new brushes.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I really enjoy quip and its easy maintenance! The way the toothbrush times you, as well, has made brushing my teeth fun and easy to use! I would definitely recommend quip to my family and friends and would love to see more products through quip like mouthwash or floss!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Much easier to store and it's a lovely sleek design, & works great - I've been using Oral-B for 15+ years, and got very used to the small round shape and brushing technique for that, but I'm gradually adapting to the change in style and shape... And love that I'll get my replacement brushes automatically for a year.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I travel frequently and while I was initially disappointed with the performance of the Quip brush (its weak power doesn't compare to a real electric toothbrush) I liked the compact size and aesthetic. Basically I resigned to taking it along because it was much smaller, lighter, and easier (no charging) than a traditional electric toothbrush. I even signed up for the subscription to force me to change the brush heads and battery regularly. All was fine for a while...

Upon attempting to replace the brush head a few days ago, I found it stuck like never before. I noticed a slight discoloration where the brush head met the metal body and knew something was up. I pulled with all my might and finally got the old brush head off only to find a fair amount of mold in a cavity that is created between the brush head and the plastic inner body. This area exists before the rubber o-ring that seals out moisture and allows liquid in where the metal body and brush head meet since this seam is not water tight. I looked at Quip's support site and found that they wanted photos and recommended not discarding the brush until they could review the situation. So, I held on to this moldy brush and sent some clear photos along with an email stating my situation. The response asked about my handling of the toothbrush to which I replied.

Basically, I travel for 2-3 weeks at a time and then return home for 1-2 weeks before heading out again. I don't use the Quip at home because it's basically an inferior option when space and weight aren't a concern. So, when I'm home, it stays in my travel bathroom bag ready for the next trip. Well, according to Quip, this was the cause because the brush needs to "air out" over time to avoid mold build up. I believe that this requirement is the result of the design flaw that created the cavity that allows liquid in without an easy way to evacuate it. I think Quip failed to consider a use case where the brush was not the primary (out in the open everyday) brush for the user and didn't include this type of testing, thereby failing to realize their design flaw.

Anyways, Quip refused to replace the brush and in their last email chose to lecture me on how I should use the product rather than consider the user experience and work toward improving their product. So, I've canceled my subscription and won't look back. I can stick with a regular old fashioned (and mold free) toothbrush. I hope that this helps some of you avoid a similar issue.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been using a manual toothbrush for my entire life, and I always get dinged on something about my teeth when I go to the dentist. I knew I needed to make the switch to electric, but I thought the ones you found in stores were too expensive. Then I heard about quip. It’s inexpensive compared to its counterparts, and I love how the new brush heads ship with new batteries automatically so you don’t have to worry about when you can next get to a store to get replacements. Plus, the design of the brush is small, modern, and versatile. It’s not loud when in use, and it buzzes when you need to switch to a different section of your mouth, running the whole two minutes dentists say you’re supposed to be brushing your teeth. I’m finally looking forward to visiting the dentist again so I can hear how great my teeth look this time.

quip Toothbrush Company Information