4.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

41 quip Toothbrush Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been using a manual toothbrush for my entire life, and I always get dinged on something about my teeth when I go to the dentist. I knew I needed to make the switch to electric, but I thought the ones you found in stores were too expensive. Then I heard about quip. It’s inexpensive compared to its counterparts, and I love how the new brush heads ship with new batteries automatically so you don’t have to worry about when you can next get to a store to get replacements. Plus, the design of the brush is small, modern, and versatile. It’s not loud when in use, and it buzzes when you need to switch to a different section of your mouth, running the whole two minutes dentists say you’re supposed to be brushing your teeth. I’m finally looking forward to visiting the dentist again so I can hear how great my teeth look this time.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My daughter got this toothbrush as a gift at a TV show taping. She uses manual brushes so she gave it to me. I am hooked! The best toothbrush I have ever used! Even the dentist was impressed by how clean my teeth were!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I don't have an electrical outlet in my tiny home bathroom so when I saw a toothbrush that would send me a new head and battery every 3 months I was interested. It has a nice small diameter handle which I find very comfortable, a cap that keeps it clean, and I like the vibration action of the head. I signed up for the 1 year auto delivery of head and battery but it is too soon to say anything about that service. The smaller overall size (compared to my rechargeable toothbrush) makes it easier to pack with my toiletries. Very happy with my purchase.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Very satisfied with this product! I would definitely recommend it to others. I have used toothbrushes that were over $200 that weren’t as good as this one. The product is good quality. Toothpaste taste great and works very good. I’ve noticed fresher breath and whiter teeth.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

It was very easy to order and receive my toothbrush. Great packaging and even better experience using the new toothbrush. I’ve noticed my teeth are cleaner feeling and it’s way easier to brush for longer because of the built in timer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have never been a fan of electric toothbrushes and then I came across Quip and thought it was just another. But I've tried it now for a month and I will not give it up. I've recommended it to my children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, siblings and friends. I just got a thought I'm going to make it a Quip Christmas this year. Keep up the good work.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

When I ordered my toothbrush it came in fairly quickly. Ripping open the package that it came in made me feel like a kid on Christmas Day. This toothbrush works wonders. The quadrant timing feature is my favorite. Since getting the toothbrush I convinced my roommate to get one too, and she fell in love with it too. We’re definitely informing our friends about Quip.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased the new toothbrush quite based on a recommendation from fellow coworkers. I cannot lie. It is definitely the best toothbrush I’ve used ever. It has a 30 second timer and I’m proud to say that I must have all we just brush my teeth for at least a minute but it’s a great little tool to make sure that you’re brushing for a full minute or more. Can’t say enough comes in handy to container that stands up on its own and keeps your toothbrush nice and clean. I have not had it for more than three months but I joined the plan that supposed to send me a replacement head and toothpaste every three months. With my initial Quip toothbrush I did not receive toothpaste? Will see if it come with the maintenance plan.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Unlike other electric toothbrush brands with clunky toothbrush models, the Quip is small, light, and easy to hold. It helps that the quip's design is sleek and comfortable, like a regular toothbrush. So far I haven't had any issues with battery life, so I expect the battery to last as long as they claim and be easy to change out. After I'm done brushing, I feel like my teeth are really clean. My one complaint is that I wish I came with an actual travel case, rather than using the toothbrush holder as the case. The inside of the toothbrush holder tends to get a little gross since water drips inside it. Luckily, I haven't had too many issues with cleaning it out, but I'd still rather not stick the head of my toothbrush down there (when traveling)!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I am waiting for my next dental checkup to see if it keeps my teeth clean enough to pass inspection. I am also waiting to see if I get my replacement head on-time. I love the 2-minute timer. I usually brush longer so at least I know I am brushing at least 2 minutes.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Quip has been popping up everywhere and I keep hearing about it on podcasts so I decided to see what it was all about and if it was really as good as everyone is making it out to be. I have not had my quip for a month and it's been the best toothbrush I have had, even in comparison to some of my much more expensive electric brushes. I ordered the toothpaste and toothbrush kit and the toothpaste has been great as well. I have told so many friends about it because I'm now a quip believer.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Dropped my older corded electric toothbrush on the floor and killed it. Quip seemed attractive (good ratings, no cord so it is much more portable!) so I ordered it. Have been using it a month or so with no complaints. Haven't had it long enough to get a replacement head or batteries yet. Does a good job cleaning my teeth with no rough treatment (no bleeding,etc.). Timer is a nice feature -- my old one had a separate apparatus for the timer. (And it didn't work well and it was ONE MORE THING!) Can't address how my dentist will find my teeth or how the brush/battery replacement will go because I haven't had the toothbrush that long, but I am pleased so far. And again, it is highly rated by users. I am going to love it for traveling - smaller and won't require electricity, external cords/timers, etc. So far, so good. And if it continues to be as good as it is now, I have no reason to ever change. It does a good job, is small, and I like it!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Love the sleek clean design. Takes up no space on the countertop. Works very efficiently - my teeth feel more clean than with my big old rechargeable. Love the incremental timer, too. Keeps me focused.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I heard about quip on a podcast and needed a new electric toothbrush. I purchased and it had been a great value. I can already see a change and improvement in my dental health due to the feature of staying in for 2 minutes. It also pauses so you can change the section of your mouth. I’m excited I don’t have to think about when to replace the brush head and they just send you one. Great value!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Loved toothbrush for 2-3 months. Then it would stop and start unpredictably. As requested, I took pictures and sent them. I then was asked to send in toothbrush. They eventually sent a replacement, and it worked for about 2 months. Not only did it behave unpredictably but the motor got jammed in place. I sent in a long complaint about the problem, got no response for more than a month. Finally I got a letter saying that my year was about up and I should pay for a new set of batteries, which I did not do.

I really feel regretful because I liked the way it worked while it was working. I think the connection between the motor, which is in the holder/base of the brush, and the brush itself is the problem. If they could ever get it to work I thought I would try again. Now they have asked me to renew my credit card because the one they tried to use to renew my account was no longer working. I'm not dumb - I took that precaution, and it looks as if I had not changed my credit card number they would have billed me in spite of my complaints. In contrast to the nice appearance and initial good performance of the brush itself, the customer support was consistently slow, poor, unhelpful, and, at last, unethical. I would not recommend this brush to anyone, even though it really looks appealing.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This is a relatively low-cost alternative to the higher priced Oral B type electric toothbrushes. It has a gentle oscillating stroke with a vibrating timer to ensure recommended cleaning in each quadrant. Much lighter than more expensive brands and smaller footprint on your countertop. Works great.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The design is elegant, it works well and is easy to use. The shape is slightly different than my old toothbrush but I quickly became accustomed to it and now quite like it. It's smaller and lighter than my old one, so easier to handle. I especially like knowing that I don't have to remember when it's time to change the brush head, something I never managed to do before. One less thing to worry about!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I ordered a quip toothbrush because my old electric toothbrush was getting a bit tired. I only wish I had switched sooner. My teeth feel so much cleaner than they did using my old name brand electric toothbrush. My wife has a much more expensive brush and I think the quip is more effective. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The quip toothbrush is pretty affordable for an electric toothbrush and new brush heads. I like that quip ships new brush heads every 3 months so I don’t have to worry about replacing them. The travel cap is super handy and sticks to the mirror as a toothbrush holder. Great electric toothbrush!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I hadn’t been to a dentist in three years. After going and getting a deep cleaning, the hygienist recommended a powered toothbrush. I had been thinking about quip since I love to get things delivered to my house on a schedule. It arrived about two weeks before a follow up appointment with my dentist. I had noticed how much cleaner my teeth felt and had no idea why I used a manual brush for so long. The dentist noticed the improvement in my teeth and said she knew I had upped my toothbrush game.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have never had a toothbrush that gets my teeth so clean! I look forward to brushing my teeth now because they feel so good when I get done. I also love how easy it makes it to brush my teeth for a sufficient amount of time and to clean all of my teeth evenly.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I prefer my Sonic Care toothbrush over Quip for home use. The Quip is perfect for travel and does a great job. I like the compact design and intelligent operation. Overall the Sonic Care does a better job cleaning with more power and more movement but it's not easy to travel with. The innovative travel case design makes the Quip my choice for travel.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

The quip brush program is great. The routine delivery of new brush heads and toothpaste is very handy. My dentist was very impressed with the condition of my teeth after using the brush for three months. The only bad thing is that quip recently "improved" its toothpaste. The original toothpaste was thicker and had a better flavor. The new paste is runny and tasteless. I called and they sent me two tubes of the older paste for free (which was nice), but noted that the new paste was all we would be able to get in the future. I would recommend quip, but would caution against their toothpaste.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have canceled my "autoship" with this company two times, and still get notifications that they're shipping my refill and see them billing my credit card anyway. I had to go back into their account online and do it again, after THEY reactivated my account and created a shipment, and NOT me. When I wrote to them, I got the standard canned reply "you canceled after it was already shipped". The nerve! I canceled it after they reactivated my account without my knowledge, and they're trying to play this little timing game with me to say they won't give me back my money.

NEVER again will I do business with this shady and disreputable company. I should have known when there is no way to call them and they refuse to list any kind of telephone contact for them. Everything is email and postal mail. Red flag! They do NOT want to talk to people, they just want your credit card information and to ** you down the road.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I WILL ADMIT I WAS FOOLED BY THE CLEVER ADS AND PROMISES. The only advantage of this toothbrush is its size, which is the size of any old regular toothbrush. It vibrates very lightly; there is no way it will do the job that electric toothbrushes do. It is not ergonomic so it will not reach and work on the contours of your teeth. I was sent an email that my refill was being mailed; never received it. The Quip phone number is a joke; they ask you to leave your email. Very poor if existent consumer service. Mostly, it sounds too good to be true and it is. This toothbrush doesn't clean like an electric one. It can't. It barely moves!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Very neat idea but the product has a lot of room for improvement. I got the 4 person family plan and after 3 refills I am most definitely cancelling my subscription. I had 5 issues during these 10 months. First off, I typed my zip code incorrectly by 1 number so it was sent to the wrong place. Completely my fault but mistakes happen. Customer service person I spoke with said he would have to charge extra to reship. Since we both knew that I could simply cancel and just reorder at no charge he responded to my request of canceling by saying "he could reship for free" (lol, wow thats amazing how quick he was able to change the shipping policy), minor thing but still odd. Second refill box I got was missing a brush head. I could have called and I'm sure they would have sent another but still an inconvenience.

3rd thing, insane amount of extra tooth paste and it's not very good. Apparently they just upgraded their toothpaste but the bootle looked identical and I couldn't tell a difference. I haven't checked but I would recommend a plan that didn't include toothpaste if it's significantly cheaper (But I doubt thats available). Forth problem I had takes a little longer to notice but there are areas that get absolutely disgusting. Crack between the handle and brush head is full of dirt which you notice when switching brush heads. Good idea to use the old brush head to remove that dirt but its still there every time you brush. There is also a lot of dirt that collects in the bottom of the mirror case which isn't a huge problem unless you also use it (as intended) as a travel cover.

It is possible to clean by getting a coin or something to unscrew the bottom but it is rather difficult to get all of the dirt without spending quite a few minutes getting all the nooks and crannies with whatever small instrument and paper towel you can find. Last and most troublesome issue is that the brush head just falls off while brushing so I had to duct tape it to the handle. I guess after switching brush heads a few times the handle connections wear down so it doesn't fit securely.

On the positive side the 2 minute timer is great, vibration is surprisingly powerful for just a battery (although I have never used an electric toothbrush before so I have nothing to compare it to). Love the mirror thing. It isn't as effective overtime but still a genius idea. Just get used to cleaning your mirror frequently because you will splash water all over it. Just found another issue...when you get to a certain number of characters in the review page the text doesn't wrap properly so you can't see what you are typing (right now). You can scroll down and see what you typed but as soon as you begin typing again it scrolls to the top of the page so you can no longer see.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I have been a long-standing Sonicare user but dislike the weight and bulk for travel. I tried out Quip for a month in hopes that it would be an easier option. This is a TERRIBLE toothbrush. The small batteries lead to low power that is almost more awkward than brushing with a regular toothbrush. Nowhere near the power of a Sonicare or standard electric toothbrush. I STRONGLY recommend sticking with your current electric option or saving your money and going with a standard brush!! And, upon trying to return the toothbrush to get my money back as part of their "guarantee", they told me I was beyond their 30-day window. It become clear that this is a common issue with dissatisfied customers who want to return a disappointing product!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I recently purchased our family's 3rd QUIP toothbrush. The previous 2 worked well. This one has a defective motor that does not work well. My contact through the QUIP customer service site has resulted in a string of emails from their customer service rep telling me how to fix the toothbrush. The problem is the motor unit is STUCK in the unit and cannot be pulled out. The guy continues to send me the same information and seems not to believe me. It is maddening and unnecessary. This is a defective unit that some guy by email seems not to believe me. This company's customer service is very, very poor. At this point I cannot recommend this product. What happens when your new toothbrush does not work? You get an email telling you how to fix it. Again and again and again.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I love my quip Toothbrush and it's the only one I use. I have only used the service for around 6 months, but it's great so far. I like that they automatically send you a new brush head when it's time to replace it and I don't even have to think about it or go out of my way to buy one. I got my first replacement head a couple months ago and the process was so easy and convenient. It's so cheap for each new head and the brush is powerful and leaves my mouth feeling clean.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I was able to order and get exactly what I wanted within a reasonable amount of time. Easy delivery and good product. Everything about it was easy and a nice process. However it could go down a bit in price. Sometimes brushes at stores are a lot cheaper. But I was happy with the experience. I would recommend it to anyone to try.

quip Toothbrush Company Information