3.63/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings

16 quip Toothbrush Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Very neat idea but the product has a lot of room for improvement. I got the 4 person family plan and after 3 refills I am most definitely cancelling my subscription. I had 5 issues during these 10 months. First off, I typed my zip code incorrectly by 1 number so it was sent to the wrong place. Completely my fault but mistakes happen. Customer service person I spoke with said he would have to charge extra to reship. Since we both knew that I could simply cancel and just reorder at no charge he responded to my request of canceling by saying "he could reship for free" (lol, wow thats amazing how quick he was able to change the shipping policy), minor thing but still odd. Second refill box I got was missing a brush head. I could have called and I'm sure they would have sent another but still an inconvenience.

3rd thing, insane amount of extra tooth paste and it's not very good. Apparently they just upgraded their toothpaste but the bootle looked identical and I couldn't tell a difference. I haven't checked but I would recommend a plan that didn't include toothpaste if it's significantly cheaper (But I doubt thats available). Forth problem I had takes a little longer to notice but there are areas that get absolutely disgusting. Crack between the handle and brush head is full of dirt which you notice when switching brush heads. Good idea to use the old brush head to remove that dirt but its still there every time you brush. There is also a lot of dirt that collects in the bottom of the mirror case which isn't a huge problem unless you also use it (as intended) as a travel cover.

It is possible to clean by getting a coin or something to unscrew the bottom but it is rather difficult to get all of the dirt without spending quite a few minutes getting all the nooks and crannies with whatever small instrument and paper towel you can find. Last and most troublesome issue is that the brush head just falls off while brushing so I had to duct tape it to the handle. I guess after switching brush heads a few times the handle connections wear down so it doesn't fit securely.

On the positive side the 2 minute timer is great, vibration is surprisingly powerful for just a battery (although I have never used an electric toothbrush before so I have nothing to compare it to). Love the mirror thing. It isn't as effective overtime but still a genius idea. Just get used to cleaning your mirror frequently because you will splash water all over it. Just found another issue...when you get to a certain number of characters in the review page the text doesn't wrap properly so you can't see what you are typing (right now). You can scroll down and see what you typed but as soon as you begin typing again it scrolls to the top of the page so you can no longer see.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I have been a long-standing Sonicare user but dislike the weight and bulk for travel. I tried out Quip for a month in hopes that it would be an easier option. This is a TERRIBLE toothbrush. The small batteries lead to low power that is almost more awkward than brushing with a regular toothbrush. Nowhere near the power of a Sonicare or standard electric toothbrush. I STRONGLY recommend sticking with your current electric option or saving your money and going with a standard brush!! And, upon trying to return the toothbrush to get my money back as part of their "guarantee", they told me I was beyond their 30-day window. It become clear that this is a common issue with dissatisfied customers who want to return a disappointing product!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I recently purchased our family's 3rd QUIP toothbrush. The previous 2 worked well. This one has a defective motor that does not work well. My contact through the QUIP customer service site has resulted in a string of emails from their customer service rep telling me how to fix the toothbrush. The problem is the motor unit is STUCK in the unit and cannot be pulled out. The guy continues to send me the same information and seems not to believe me. It is maddening and unnecessary. This is a defective unit that some guy by email seems not to believe me. This company's customer service is very, very poor. At this point I cannot recommend this product. What happens when your new toothbrush does not work? You get an email telling you how to fix it. Again and again and again.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I love my quip Toothbrush and it's the only one I use. I have only used the service for around 6 months, but it's great so far. I like that they automatically send you a new brush head when it's time to replace it and I don't even have to think about it or go out of my way to buy one. I got my first replacement head a couple months ago and the process was so easy and convenient. It's so cheap for each new head and the brush is powerful and leaves my mouth feeling clean.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I was able to order and get exactly what I wanted within a reasonable amount of time. Easy delivery and good product. Everything about it was easy and a nice process. However it could go down a bit in price. Sometimes brushes at stores are a lot cheaper. But I was happy with the experience. I would recommend it to anyone to try.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about quip Toothbrush?

Original review: June 25, 2018

I like the fact that it has a timer. I brush my teeth longer with it. The brush gets a little wet and sloppy from the toothpaste but I think because of the vibration it is sloppier than a normal toothbrush. I like that they are suppose to send you a new head every three months. They are a little slow on sending that, but otherwise it's a good product.

Original review: June 24, 2018

It gives smooth rotation and no harsh and discomfort for the teeth hence I like it. It cleans my teeth really well. In addition, I love the physical design. It's pretty, light, and travel-friendly with the thoughtful holder design. However, I would need to observe it working in the long run. The price is too much for what you get and sometimes, it is stiff on tooth. Still, I had my best experience with it. The Quip Toothbrush has done an amazing job and would recommend this to a friend.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I found quip through the podcast Dynamic Banter, and I sincerely like this on-the-go toothbrush. People I like on YouTube are sponsored by them so that's cool. Also quip Toothbrush can be used on the go, which I sincerely like, for a nice fresh breath and clean teeth, which is super important especially if you work on a set.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Very real and fun. It offers a quality service and very innovative. Is a website that gives the information I need and the price is very attractive for these products. They should have a greater variety of colors and designs, plan of rewards for frequent customers and more forms of payment on the website. I also want a shipment that is faster of my products. But overall, quip Toothbrush offers superior quality than others brands and they also offer great customer service that answer all my questions.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Quip is very soft and good for my teeth and removes most plaque. I loved it. This one is just perfect for me. In fact, I have gotten rid of my regular toothbrush, along with my electric because this toothbrush is much more modern. However, it should be available in more colors and also an electric toothbrush option as well as changeable heads. Still, I will definitely tell others about this toothbrush. I have already got a few people to switch.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The features are great on the quip. I absolutely love the sleekness and utility and the like of the toothbrush. It is so sleek and smooth. And easy to use. And I love the replacement heads sent on a schedule to help me remember to do that. My experience has been very positive. I even had a problem with the brush quitting running. I contacted support and was given such great service. I have the green brush and really like the color. I love the toothbrush and the replacements.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Great quality, I love the results and how the bristles feel! Great value for the price, and highly recommended to family and friends. Easy ordering, and fast shipping. Great services, referral rewards, hope for auto shipments. But always better with lower prices, maybe frequent buyer rewards and free products with referrals. Family packages, possible better or unique brushes, free trials to referrals, and possible earnings. Need more choices or options for customizing brushes.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Its products are efficient and effective to completely clean the oral cavity quickly and easily. However, they should improve the grip of the toothbrush towards a more ergonomic and comfortable to use. My personal and overall experience with this brand has been very satisfactory and exceptional. Since I met this brand I have not changed my toothbrush.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Quip Toothbrush makes it fun and easy brushing because you know that it is doing its job. It makes such a big difference and can make it better than most to me. I like how it stands out and the way it looks as well. Furthermore, it has a way to make your teeth feel a lot better than before. In fact, my dentist can tell the difference. However, the price is too high and it needs to be something cheaper for all people to use.

Original review: June 13, 2018

They are squishy and are softer than a regular bristle toothbrush. They are soft on your gums and teeth and are less abrasive than a regular bristle toothbrush. I think that is a smart idea because regular bristle brushes have been around for so long and it has been time that a new idea comes along. They are also easy to use, and gently brush the gums and teeth like a massage. But are they easy to clean and disinfect? I want to make sure that I am cleaning them in an effective way, so they are not harboring any bad bacteria on the brushes.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Quip Toothbrush is a high-quality electric toothbrush than seems to work or clean just as well as the more known brands, it's cheaper priced, seems to hold a charge for a long time, seems durable in build construction as well. In addition, replacement heads are also cheaper than other brands and have combo head packs like up to 6 per box. While I am very pleased with it. Having more vibrant colors and longer warranty or a change to extend it would be an improvement. Also, it should have handle inserts or grooves so it is less likely to slip out of your hand in the shower.

quip Toothbrush Company Information