2. Health and Fitness
  3. Hospitals

Madison, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Quest Diagnostics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quest Diagnostics?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I went for request labs at Quest Labs Ste 9200 1411 Flagler Dr WPB Fl on 9/10/2020. An upcoming Endocrinology appointment the following wk relied on these results. My dr office could not access the results at all... nor could I from the app. It was as if I never did my lab work in the system. I called the Quest # and even the representative could not find my labs. The following day a technician (most likely the one who drew blood) had the audacity to say.. "I was told you were complaining about your missing labs." I said "Yes... I needed that for an important dr appointment".

She explained that my labs were not mixed up with someone else's but destroyed because of no identifying labs. (WTH) NOW I have to go back into that place to REDO labs (placing myself into Covid19 exposure AGAIN) because they mishandled it. What pissed me off is the lady's remark... "I was told you were complaining". #1 NOT PROFESSIONAL and no apology for their mistake and #2 YES... You MISHANDLED MY LABS. I WILL NOT be frequenting that facility anymore if they can't do their job accordingly. I don't know all the specs to their job... but mishandling sensitive materials like that and inconveniencing me to redo them is VERY DISTASTEFUL... especially during this pandemic area.??? To whoever that employee and office.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Quest is awful, not helpful, and if you are self pay forget about having any financial help. I’ve been to many drs, labs, they offer adjustments. After a few tests and $1800 later Quest offered no financial help or adjustments. They were very rude. Simple tests about checking my thyroid $200, blood type $300, and goes on to a total of $1800. Ridiculous! Never again will I use Quest for lab work. I advise you to never use Quest either unless you want to be surprised with an outrageous bill!!

Get buying tips about Hospitals delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Quest Lab is send sample out lab that does not guarantee and disclose upfront when your results are back. Some simple test are sent across the country to California for processing. Even sound of this is ridiculous. AVOID THIS LAB AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

This was not the first time that I received another trash invoice from the Quest Diagnostics. Earlier, they had wrongly billed me duplicate and I had to spend a lot of time, energy, and effort to make the matter clear to them and to finally get rid of them. Now it was another folly of them. The incompetent agent sitting in their lab forgot to enter my new insurance information in their system on September 08, 2019. On the first place, she never asked for my ID card and insurance information. I myself had to hand them over to her.

The lady who took my new insurance card and ID card to make photocopies of them was just too busy chatting with her colleagues and was not paying any attention to me. She was very rude. I submitted my feedback information in response to their survey a couple of days after my lab test date. I clearly stated in the feedback that I provided my new insurance information. But instead of disciplining their employee, they sent me a new invoice stating that I had no insurance.

Then, for two days in a row, I tried hard to contact them through the phone number they had provided on their invoice. After waiting for 20 minutes each time, they hung up on me and I was unable to talk to someone. On the following morning, I tried to update my insurance information through my MyQuest account on their website, but after entering my lab Code and Bill #, when I put my date of birth or phone, I received an error message and so was unable to proceed further. Their lab, billing department, and both phone and website are a complete fiasco. I again scheduled an appointment with their lab for this year’s tests by mistake, but seeing all this, I had to cancel it. Instead, I have scheduled my appointment with LabCorp. Now, I will never go to any Quest Diagnostics lab. The management of Quest Diagnostics is just silent and is as corrupt as their employees.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I was tested more than a week ago and I have not received my results, nor have I been able to effectively contact anyone to even understand if there might be a problem. They continuously direct you to "MyQuest" site for results but there is no information about my appointment or status of the testing to even know if I should keep waiting or if there could have been some problem. Their so-called "help number" in my scheduling email does not provide any options and then hangs up. The chat function has a limited number of automated responses and none of them have helped resolve my questions or provided any useful information. After a significant effort it seems nearly impossible to get in touch with an actual human. Not only is this a customer service failure, it's a public health risk for a company purporting to provide COVID-19 testing.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I have a next-door neighbor who baked me some cookies about three weeks ago; it was completely innocent and assumed I was a smoker as her son said I was cool, from what he tells me. I do not smoke ** as I am a commercial driver. It was brought to my attention the next day that the cookies I was given were, in-fact, "Pot" cookies. So I went to my doctor, who told me that I tested at 52Ng/Ml and will not pass a drug test as the dot cut off for THC is 50Ng/mL and has to be below that mark to be considered a negative. So I waited and waited. On the 24th of August, I went in and took a drug test for a new job. Your lab tested my urine at 41Ng/mL which was below 50Ng/mL and should have been deemed a negative test as per DOT standards.

DOT Rule 49 CFR Part 40 Section 40.87
      § 40.87 What are the cutoff concentrations for drug tests?

(a) As a laboratory, you must use the cutoff concentrations displayed in the following table for initial and confirmatory drug tests. All cutoff concentrations are expressed in nanograms per milliliter (ng/mL). The table follows:
      Initial test analyte

Initial test cutoff 50 ng/mL3 (I tested at 41Ng/mL) -9 below the cut off level.

(b) On an initial drug test, you must report a result below the cutoff concentration as negative. If the result is at or above the cutoff concentration, you must conduct a confirmation test.

(c) On a confirmation drug test, you must report a result below the cutoff concentration as negative and a result at or above the cutoff concentration as confirmed positive.

So by notifying my employer and then submitting the results to the DOT Clearinghouse, you violate HHS federal drug-testing standards and my heppa as you relaying inaccurate information that violates my rights. I am looking at getting this cleared up and removed from my records as a positive test and re-categorized at a Negative result as my results fall below the cutoff level of 50Ng/mL, which is set forth by DOT.

I am resorting to any means necessary and up to legal action against Quest labs to have this removed and compensation for damages to my carrier and emotional state. I cant work. You took my carrier from me by not following federal guidelines on testing. I would like to be contacted on this matter and would like to resolve this without legal action... I will wait for your response as DOT Clearinghouse will also be reversing the listing as contested misinformation and notifying the state licensing agency to inform that you're not following the guidelines set for cut off levels in your drug testing.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

This supposedly is an appointment only location. I am immune compromised and rarely leave my house (per 5 doctors). I had an appointment at 8am, when I limped over there were NINE people waiting. One gentleman with a cane. Another in a wheelchair. 3 of us had appts at 8am which is impossible because there are only 2 phlebotomists at this location (who are great at their jobs). The door ALWAYS opens at 8am sharp. By 8:20a I left. I cannot stand for any length of time. I did get through to Quest Corporate. I am supposedly going to be getting a call from the Supervisor of that location. I don't have very much hope. This is one way to lose customers. Make them cluster during a pandemic and don't open the door and don't email the patients that "sorry you'll have to reschedule." WRONG WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS WITH THE PUBLIC. I rescheduled for Wednesday. Again, not hopeful. The big machine eats up the little people.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I would like to tell you about my last two experiences at Quest Diagnostics located at 293 Commerce Ave, Manteca, CA. On both visits, the waiting room was packed and social distancing was impossible. On both visits, patients are allowed to enter the main waiting room BEFORE THEIR temperature is taken. Reasonably temperatures should be taken at the entrance to the Diagnostic center not AFTER. Because of this faulty setup patients who could potentially have Covid19 will be sitting in a crowded waiting room possibly infecting everyone else while they are waiting to have their temperature taken.

Also, when I came in for lab test on my first visit the technician only did two tests instead of the several tests required. Of course, I did not realize this until I got my results back a few weeks later. So I then returned for the rest of the required tests and then I was told because the doctor used the incorrect code I would have to pay for the test. When I asked if the office could call my doctor I was told that there were 40, yes, FORTY people in the waiting room and office staff does not have time to be calling doctors. When I offered to step outside and call my doctor I was told I would lose my place in line and it would be a long wait. My next option was to leave without being tested, which is what I did. I am very disappointed in the unsafe overcrowded conditions at this Quest and feel like the staff is concerned that THEY don’t get Covid19, which is understandable, but the patients should not be subjected to it either.

I certainly didn’t want to have to come in to have lab tests and face greater exposure and I will not ever be returning to this Quest Center. Hopefully, I will find safer conditions at the other Quest centers in Manteca. During this pandemic, Quest should change their method of operation and have appointment only testing and take temperatures outside the door and keep 7 or less people in the waiting room at all times in order to maintain social distance of the posted 6 feet.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I have been going to Quest for 4 years and got good service. After COVID started they started a VIP Peace of mind program for those who are extra sensitive to COVID. I am 75 and am being treated for metastatic cancer. The first several months Were fine. I came at 6:30 and waited outside. They got my card and checked me in then came and got me for blood draw. Today I did the same, but now they said I had come inside and check myself in. I called customer service and was told that in fact the VIP PEACE OF MIND PROGRAM does not exist. You are treated the same no matter when you arrive regardless of what it says on the website for the first hour of the day. I asked that the VIP notice BE REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE. I will never go into another Quest again because I do not trust them —. Especially to safely stick a needle in my arm and draw blood. Especially during the time of COVID.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I was preparing for annual physical exam so I needed to get some basic blood work -- very routine. I made an appointment at Quest and for the most part, the visit was a breeze -- minimal wait time, felt safe in waiting area (had a good COVID standards in place) and the tech got my blood on the first try. I was told I would have my results in 1-2 days.... Well it has been 8 days and still waiting. Tried customer service and that what was a waste of time. Also, tried email support and also not a good experience. I ended up going to Lab Corp and I got my results back in 1 day. I would NOT recommend Quest Diagnostics.

Quest Diagnostics Company Information