Q-Ray

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

0It is impossible to reach anyone at the number given. I ordered the bracelet and one for my daughter. It was a TV promotion and because of this a "special price". I was quoted $99 for the bracelet and the second for $78. I received the debit from my credit card and found they'd charged $119 for the 1st and $99 for the second.

I ordered the QRay braclet in January and returned it on 2-04-2003 by tracking mail. It was received at QRay on 2-07-2003 and was signed for by one of their reps. I have called them two different times; both times they have been very rude with no help at all and said they had not even received it. All I want is my refund of $106.00 back to my credit card.

My husband and I bought one bracklet each and after wearing them for 4 days we could not see one small bit of relieve. We are returning the bracklets.

Here's another side of QRay. I had purchased a bracelet and after 30 days, returned it in early February. After seeing your report from a customer who was having trouble getting her money back, I called the company to ask the status, they told me it had been processed and I would probably see a credit on my charge card soon. I was skeptical, but a couple of days later, I got my charge card statement, and sure enough, I was issued a credit!

I was told about this ionized bracelet that supposedly takes away pain. I have been suffering with sciatica for over six months now and I have been in so much pain that I was willing to try anything. I went to their website and ordered the bracelet. With tax and shipping, everything came to $102.00. I paid for it on my Visa card.

After wearing it for over a week, I was still in pain and realized that it was nonsense. So, I sent it back, certified mail, return receipt requested. Yesterday, I contacted someone via email, Qray@Qray.com. I received a response from Lizz Ciprian. She wanted to know all the details. I email her a copy of my invoice that I still have, told her when and how I mailed it back and why. After several emails back and forth, her last email to me was that because I ordered it over the internet, I am not entitled to a credit on my credit card.

On the back of my invoice it had ALL the instructions on their return procedures, which I followed to the Tee! I am so upset. I have so many physical problems that I may have to have surgery and go on disability. I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon next month. Money is tight. However, as I said before, when you're in this kind of pain, you will try ANYTHING.

We emailed Q-Ray and got the following snotty response:

To whom it may concern:

Unfortunately, the product Ms. S. purchased through our website is not returnable for credit. This information was provided to her on our website, first on the main order screen where it states very plainly at the top of the screen "30 day trial offer on infomercial not valid on our website," then again, on the screen where credit card information is entered, customers are advised to click on the link "Info" to see the terms. This link takes you to a page where the return policies are completely explained. I have copied this information directly from the website into this email. If she has already returned the product, we will return it to her, and will not issue a refund. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Sincerely, Aaron Dacken, Customer Service Supervisor

Returns & Contact Information

Policy and Procedures:

30-Day Limited Warranty
QT, Inc. warrants its product to the original retail purchaser, against defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of 30 days from the date of purchase. Q-Ray agrees to replace any bracelet found to be defective by us without charge, provided the bracelet is returned postage prepaid along with a proof of purchase within 30 days. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from accident, misuse or abuse, and does not cover correction of the wear and tear associated with normal daily use. Product is factory sealed to ensure quality performance. If the seal is broken, it is not returnable. The life and appearance of the plating is a factor of its user's PH type and acidity level. Any imperfection that occurs as a result of either PH or acidity is not covered as part of the warranty information and therefore does not carry the responsibility of the supplier of this product. Q-Ray has one to two year average Ionized life span.

Q-Ray makes no representation or warranty written, oral, express, or implied, including, but limiting the generality of the foregoing, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose other than those set forth herein. Under no circumstances shall Q-Ray have any liability for any type of incidental or consequential damages arising from the use of or defective performance of the product. Q-Ray's liability is expressed limited to the representation of a defective product:

The warranties provided, the obligations and liabilities of Q-Ray hereunder, and the rights and remedies of the purchaser(s) are exclusive and in substitution for, and purchaser hereby waives all other warranties, guarantees, obligations, liabilities, rights and remedies, express or implied, arising by law or otherwise, including, but not limited to, course of dealing or usage of trade, and any obligation or liability of Q-Ray arising from tort, or for loss of use, revenue, or profit, or for incidental or consequential damages, and (it) shall not be modified except by written agreement.

Q-Ray is on very thin ice, in our opinion. It would be well-advised to accept the return and refund Linda's money. Meanwhile, Linda should do the following:

1. Notify her credit card company in writing that she has returned the product and disputes the charge. Other readers tell us they have successfully dealt with Q-Ray in this way;
  2. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, using the FTC's online complaint form at http://www.ftc.gov.
  3. File a similar complaint with her state's Attorney General. She can find the address in our Consumer Resources section.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Q-Ray?

I ordered a "stress bracelet" from this company, but received the incorrect one. I called and asked what to do. They said to send back priority mail and she would process the correct bracelet. This was 2 months ago.

I have a charge on my credit card from 9/21 and no bracelet. No one ever answers the phone, and I finally received one email where the girl told me they didn't have my order. I haven't heard back from her since.

Q-Ray Company Profile