Call toll free
4.79/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pure Medical is backed by one fundamental belief: that everyone should be able to live an active and healthy lifestyle while still breathing comfortably. Their inventory includes the most lightweight and advanced portable oxygen systems and their support staff is on-deck 24/7 to help ensure you’re receiving the quality care you deserve. Two-day delivery and buy back/consignment guarantee are offered to their customers as well. Take back your independence today and give Pure Medical a call or visit their site!

66 Pure Medical Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 22, 2019

I've been using small oxygen tanks and they're only good for a couple hours, and I have to carry several extras, which is a pain. I dealt with John in sales and he was very helpful. He was extremely courteous, and knowledgeable. I bought a backpack and a home unit from Pure Medical. I went somewhere the other day for a class, and I was there for five or six hours. When I left there, I still had about an hour and 47 minutes on my battery. That was the first time I've been able to go that long without having a big hassle. So far, so good. The unit came with one battery, and then I bought the extended battery with it. I didn't like the price of the battery. It was $450 and I hope it last me for the rest of my life.

I called up John when I had trouble with my first unit. It was a faulty Inogen One G4. Every time I set it down, it turned itself off. It wasn't good at all. I carried it for a few days until I got back with them. I go out to the grocery store and I set it in the buggy. And as soon as I set the thing down, it turn itself off. So I took it back. I ended up getting the bigger unit and got the home unit. It's a lot easier to take the compact size of the Inogen home unit than it was with my older one. It’s about half the weight and it did a good job. Overall, I would recommend John and Inogen to anybody.

Get expert buying tips about Portable Oxygen Concentrators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I’m 82 and I had an acute heart failure on an aircraft and I was taken off on a stretcher and was in the hospital for a couple of days. I had to get something, and Pure Medical’s rep, John, did it all for me. He was straightforward and I got everything that I asked for. When I needed something, he would provide me answers. In fact, I didn't have the prescription for it and I wrote a note to John after 5:00 and he still was able to answer me at about 9:00 which was great. He didn’t say that he could wait until tomorrow. He took care of if it then. I got the Inogen 3 and when I checked the pricing, I got as good a deal as I would have with anybody else without having to worry about not getting a lot of BS along with it.

The unit requires extra batteries though and I have two extra-size batteries. It’s a real problem when I fly to Alaska. It doesn’t waste the ounces. I don't see any solution to that either, seeing the technology right now. But the size of batteries are a lot smaller than they would have been a few years ago, so everything seems to be progressing well. Other than that, it was great to be able to get the Inogen 3 and I was very impressed with the site.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have COPD and lung cancer. I have to have oxygen anywhere I go. After I've seen the small portable oxygen concentrator online, I talked to John at Pure Medical and he seemed to be a straight guy. He was outstanding and it was just like being with a family member. He is very helpful and has great knowledge for their product. I got the chance to meet him too. I went by his office in Asheville, North Carolina and bought another battery. It was really nice meeting him and seeing his office.

The Inogen G4 from Pure Medical is a lot easier to carry around than a big one and has made me more mobile. I've only had it for almost 2 weeks now and it works fine for me. So far, the quality is good. It has helped a lot quite a bit 'cause I'm a VA patient. They gave me about a 35-pound, on-wheels concentrator and that's not fun dragging around all over the place. So, I use that at night and use the G4 in the daytime, out sightseeing. We were headed to Lake Lure and we were up there for a week, and the G4 helped out quite a bit as well. It's light and easy to manage. I have an excellent experience with Pure Medical and they've treated me great. Go with them too.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was on oxygen bottles and they were a pain. I looked for a portable oxygen concentrator and Pure Medical had an ad in the paper saying they were a bit less than what they normally were. The sales representative at Pure Medical did a very good job and she was informative about anything we asked her. I got the G3 that has five settings. I'm supposed to be on four but I've been running it on three because I'm getting more oxygen out of it than I ever did with the bottles. I got the double battery and they said this would last 9 to 10 hours, but while on four, it was only about four and a half. That was the only thing I was disappointed in. I took it down to one and it jumped up to nine and a half. They must have based that 9-10 hours on number one setting.

The quality is the best in the market. I've looked at some of the other providers, but they didn’t appeal to me at all. A friend of mine has one of the Pure Medical like the one I have and he really liked his, so I got one. However, it won't work with my CPAP and anything beats carrying the big oxygenator with me wherever I go. We were going more than two or three days at one time and I think I can bottle up my CPAP for that long.

I don’t have to worry about running out by having a car charger as well as a house charger. Pure Medical is doing a good job. They've done everything they said they were gonna do and they handled it within a timely manner. The representative whom we talked to gave us her personal number at the office, so we've always talked to her. I'm completely satisfied with Pure Medical. I had to get a prescription from a doctor and the nurse there asked me about it. I told her all about it and she said she had a couple of patients who were talking about it, and she'll pass it onto them now.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I was tired of carrying the oxygen concentrator bag around and decided to purchase a portable one. Pure Medical's sales team was very cooperative. I had a very nice and respectful interaction with their sales rep and they hooked me up right away. My problem was I had to get a prescription from the VA clinic and it was like pulling teeth because they thought they are responsible for it if I bought the POC from my personal money. I purchased the Inogen One G4 model number 10 and this unit could take two small two-inch batteries. I plug it in and charge. They gave me a four-hour one which is supposed to be a six-hour one but it never lasted six hours, and the two-hour one. It doesn't go up far enough for long so I have two batteries with it. It goes to three but when I take it up there, it eats the battery up. I turned it on at 8 o'clock and now it says I got two and 39 minutes left so I get four and a half hours of it untuned.

Also, they put the hose at the top and the hose kinks where it plugs in. Sometimes, I get a beep on it because it says I'm not using it which I’m really not because the hose gets kinked. I also forgot to ask them about the warranty on this one and nothing came in the box but I haven't contacted them as I've been busy. Otherwise, everything's fine and its quality has been good so far. The POC is also lightweight and convenient.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Medical?

Original review: June 28, 2019

I made an inquiry at Pure Medical and they responded quickly. We had some interaction that was late in the day, but they were able to make things happen in that 5:30 – 6:00 time frame East Coast, and I appreciated their extra effort. I didn’t feel like I was dealing with a large corporation. I felt like I got personal service. And the email and phone calls back-and-forth were responsive. The unit is for my mother-in-law, and from that standpoint, it met our needs and expectations. The only thing is that the tube is coming out of the unit after a very short period of time. It creates a crease in it, and that might or could prevent oxygen from flowing. It needs additional support because right as it comes out of the concentrator, it gets warped.

Original review: June 23, 2019

My husband has Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, and so for times when we’re in the car, the portable tanks we have are too heavy for me to manage. The gentleman from Pure Medical that helped me was very pleasant. He was not at all pushy. He answered my questions, and I told him I had to think about it. And then I called him and told him we wanted it. We got the G4 and I have discussed this with one of my husband's nurses and she’s considering getting for her mother-in-law. I told her that she can come over and check this out.

Original review: June 21, 2019

My brother-in-law has COPD and emphysema and he’s struggling. My father had used a portable oxygen concentrator and it allowed him some freedom. I looked online and I came up with Pure Medical. The price was right. It was what I could afford to pay. I called them and they were terrific. I was very impressed that purchasing from them was so easy to do, and that they were so responsive. It seemed very legit, so I bought it. Then it was sent to my brother-in-law and he’s been thrilled with the whole thing.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I came across Pure Medical’s ad on Craigslist and they had a good rent-to-own and warranty program, and consignment back after it’s no longer needed. I called and talked to the salesman in general about my needs and my situation. My mom is ill and he was very understanding, He was good about asking me about time frames, giving me the different options and offering to look for used units. Then, he was super-helpful through the process of working with the nurses on the hospice so that he could place the order. He was very communicative, responsive and friendly. He emailed and called a lot to make sure that we could expedite it. The oxygen concentrator has been awesome. My mother unpacked it, plugged it in and it worked perfectly. Also, it was super-simple. My mother has been great. She has been able to get out of the place, go shopping, visit my house and friends since having it.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My father has COPD and I bought a portable oxygen concentrator for him from Pure Medical, which was the one that I found on the internet. My father has more freedom to go out and do more stuff because he just has this small little portable instead of having something bigger. The sales team was great to work with, very informative, answered all my questions and helped me in making an informed decision about what unit I needed to get. It was a great experience with Pure Medical.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have a big concentrator here at home and I couldn’t move around with it. I needed something more portable. It was $2,600 in a place up here called Med Mart and I said I didn’t need it that badly. I dealt with a very nice person at Pure Medical and they were fair with their price. They weren’t trying to rip me off like some other people might be doing. I paid 2,195 for the portable oxygen concentrator and I got the larger battery with it. I really don’t like breathing in it or my big one because it makes my nose run then it drops down to the back of my throat. So, I just use it when I feel I need it.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Previously, I had a portable oxygen concentrator from Apria that weight over six pounds. I decided to get a lightweight one that I could wear when I go shopping or in the yard. Getting one at Pure Medical went well. I was treated well and since getting my concentrator, I've been liking its weight. It allows me to leave the house. It hasn't quit working yet and I usually use it until the battery runs down. Overall, I'm satisfied with Pure Medical's device.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I was having a hard time breathing when I was walking, and going upstairs. The POC of Pure Medical's price looked good. I went ahead and bought it. I charge it fully and then, before I use it again, the battery will go down. I don't know whether it's not holding the charge or what the problem is. Nevertheless, it's very good. I'll come in the house and I’ll check my oxygen on my finger, and then I'll use that and it'll go right up to 95. I would recommend them highly. I'm very pleased with it. I like the size and everything.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Purchasing a portable oxygen concentrator is highly recommended, and it liberates you so you can have more freedom. Pure Medical was the best priced, and they were the easiest to talk to and get information. I got the lightweight one with the double battery and I got what I was hoping to get, which were more freedom of movement, mobility and independence. I’m a little concerned though as I thought that the extended battery would give me a little more time. Other than that, I am satisfied.

Original review: March 1, 2019

My wife needed a portable oxygen concentrator. We went with Pure Medical and everything went well with my experience with their rep, Barry. We reached an agreement on the price and the shipping. His professionalism and knowledge of the product were excellent too. We’re happy with the quality of the unit. Their product is extremely lightweight and reliable. It made my wife's life a lot better because she was otherwise homebound. Now, she doesn't have to be.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I decided to get a portable oxygen concentrator as I felt like I would need one at some point. I purchased the Inogen G4 from Pure Medical. I like its price. I have used it twice now and I’m very satisfied. Barry the sales representative was also kind, very knowledgeable, and very prompt in answering my questions.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought a portable oxygen concentrator so it would be easier for me to get around. I got the Inogen G3 from Pure Medical. I had a great experience with their sales team. They were very helpful, and when I was ready to buy one, they were ready to ship it. The only thing I had to do was get a prescription. Once I got the prescription, I had it within two days. I love Inogen G3 because whenever I go out, it goes with me. The extended battery that it has is also good for nine hours. Inogen G3 has improved my life because I feel more like a person now. I carry the tank around and I got a little backpack on my side. I don't feel like people are looking at me. It makes it so much easier to get around because a tank only lasts for about an hour or two hours but with Inogen G3, I get nine hours. If I wear those all day long, I can and I don't have to worry about running back. The only issue I have is if something would happen and it would break down.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I needed an oxygen concentrator that was a little more accessible. The other ones were bulky and it was hard moving around. I called Pure Medical and every question I had, they answered and they got me started right away. It was just a good experience. I got the Innogen G4 and with it, I’m able to go more and do more. I don’t tire out as easily with that as I did with the other oxygen. I always have my backup batteries with me so I don't have to transport all the other stuff with me. This unit is lightweight and it’s easier to take with me.

Medicare and insurance won’t pay for you to have home oxygen and the portable tanks with the other one though. If the electricity goes out, what do you do if you run out of batteries for a couple of days? Pure Medical should work with Medicare and try to have it where you could have a backup. I’m paying for mine, so I can still have my other oxygen in case I have a power outage or in case I need it. Other than that, I’ve been very satisfied with Pure Medical so far.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I saw Pure Medical in the newspaper and also, a fellow kept calling about it. The day I gave him a credit card number, I didn’t hear from him for three days. I called him and told him that the portable oxygen concentrator better be here in the next two days, or else I’m gonna cancel the credit card. It came the next day. So, that was not cool but everything was fine with their reps during our interaction and they answered my questions. I didn’t have that many because I didn’t know what they were talking about but I knew I needed it from talking to other people. The portable oxygen concentrator helps when I go out and when I’m not breathing well. However, it’s noisy. I was at a meeting the other night and I had it on. There was a lady two people down from me that had one on same as mine and hers was not making a sound. So, there’s something not right with it. But as much as it costs, it ought to be fine. The experience could have been better.

Pure Medical response

We are sorry you had trouble receiving your new portable oxygen concentrator. Oxygen has to be prescribed by a doctor. The delay in shipping your unit was because your doctor's office took three days to get the required paperwork back to us. If you are having an issue with the unit please call us and we will file a warranty claim for you. We want to make sure all of our customers are completely satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Inogen has a better reputation than the other portable concentrators. Pure Medical are the dealers for the Inogen and they offered me a good deal. Not being able to breathe, I decided to purchase a portable oxygen concentrator. I called and a gentleman answered the phone. We asked him a few questions and he answered them. He gave me a price and gave me a website to look at. I went and looked at the website, then came back. We negotiated a bit and got another price, and I said that I would take it. I got the G3. The guy I talked to was Barry and he sounded concerned and knowledgeable. He was not pushy at all.

The portable oxygen concentrator frees me up a little. I haven’t done any traveling yet, but I certainly can now and I am planning on a couple of trips later this year. I've used the SimplyGo in the past. It is a huge machine and it is a real hassle in the airline, but with the Inogen, you just tuck it in your arm. Previously, I was using portable tanks, but the one I am using now is lighter than a tank and smaller. It is less intrusive.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My wife needed oxygen and we had a home concentrator that was being rented, but we take a lot of trips and we needed it for close aircraft and van transportation. I called a website that was indicating a price that I wanted to pay. That particular phone call ended up with nothing happening. Two days later, I received a call from Pure Medical asking if I was still interested in purchasing the Inogen unit. I told the rep I was still interested and they quoted me a price, which was acceptable to me.

The woman that called knew exactly what I needed based on what I described, and confirmed that the model number that I wanted was the appropriate one. It was basically a five minute conversation. We got the G3 model and it significantly improved my life by eliminating the need to have the tank. The people at Pure Medical were very efficient. They were able to take documentations that I provided to them from my hospital that provided the medical orders that allowed them to sell me the unit. It was pretty much a seamless transaction.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My husband had been on oxygen through the VA and they only had the big tank that he dragged around. Then, I saw Pure Medical on Craigslist. I pulled it up and it seemed like a good price. The sales team told me what it was and did just what they said. I was a bit leery though because I wasn’t sure if Pure Medical was reputable but it turned out all right and I would recommend them. I bought my husband a portable oxygen concentrator so he would not be tied to the house. It changed his quality of life for about a week but then they figured out what was wrong with him so he didn’t need it anymore. But I would recommend Pure Medical.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The Pure Medical oxygen concentrator was something that my father had mentioned that would be easier for him instead of carrying a bottle, so we gave him that for his Christmas present. I searched a lot and talked to a lot of people. The rep that I talked to was very nice and helpful and at that moment, Pure Medical seemed to have the best deal. She explained to me a lot about the device, what was best for my father, what my options were and she understood our situation. We purchased the Inogen G3 for him and he enjoys it very much. It is very much easier for him to get around..

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I decided to purchase a portable oxygen concentrator for mobility and I chose Pure Medical because their team is very credible. The sales representative were honest and knowledgeable. They were nice guys.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My dad needed a portable oxygen concentrator for ease of getting around places. Pure Medical's prices were competitive. I called them a couple of times and they answered all my questions, and it was easy. I talked to two different people, and one of them was very much on top of everything. The other one was a little less helpful, but he wasn't rude. He was just not as enthusiastic and on top of things as the other man I talked to. The device gives him my dad the capability of easily getting around the house. He and my mother are both 91, and having the big tubing from the big air concentrator going here and there all through the house was always dangerous. And so, now, that's not an issue. We're pleased with Pure Medical.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I needed to be able to go out and work. Pure Medical had a good demo program so I got a portable oxygen concentrator from them. I contacted them and they contacted me back. I needed a little speedier delivery than normal and I got it so everything was fine. I have the model 4 oxygen concentrator and it's fine. But the batteries are not four-hour batteries as advertised. They only last about an hour and a half. It is also inconvenient taking the machine off so that I can cook or work around propane. I don’t like the idea of oxygen and flammable working together. But those aside, I'd do it again with Pure Medical.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Pure Medical has the most visible product out there. I got a Portable Oxygen Concentrator 'cause I needed to breathe. The quality of the POC is fine, so far. But it's a little difficult to learn. They don’t give any information about it. When they shipped it to me, there was no card in there from Pure Medical, so that I could file it for who to contact. They have the big fold-out poster type of thing, but there were really no instructions on what to try for different situations. But I’d recommend Pure Medical. When I talked to them, they were fine.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have a Pure Medical POC and I like it. Its quality is decent and it lasts a while. It's easy to handle and it has a pocket where I can put my cell phone in. The best part about it is that we can plug it into my car or in the wall. So, it works well. My only complaint about my it is that it's heavy, just like every other oxygen tank. Still, I deal with it and it has been okay. Pure Medical's team was also very informative and they did a good job.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I liked that a portable oxygen concentrator has no weight and I called Pure Medical. They let me know how it works but they didn’t tell me that it pulsates with my breathing. When I breathe, it breathes but I want one that breathes all the time with me. Although it helps me in getting around out in the yard, I’m not very satisfied with it.

Pure Medical response

We are sorry you are not satisfied with your purchase. We are very upfront with all of our patients when a unit is pulse dose or continuous. Unfortunately, the lightest continuous unit on the market is 10lbs which you thought was too heavy. If you would like to trade your unit in on a different model please call us and we will make arrangments.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

We have backups for everything because things aren’t made the way they were 60 years ago. I didn’t realize that oxygen tanks could break all of a sudden, and I didn’t wanna be travelling and have it break so we wanted a backup. My husband looked on the computer and Pure Medical attracted him. The sales team was excellent. They were so friendly and it was like I'd known them for a long time. It was a pleasant experience. We got the G3 and it really helps ‘cause I was on the oxygen tanks and if I wanted to go some place for the day, I had to bring a six-pack along. With the oxygen concentrator, I can just plug it into the DC outlet and have it charged while we’re driving around. Also, the oxygen tanks don’t stand up when you put them down. With the concentrator, you can just lay it right there on the counter and it stays there. It doesn’t roll around and that's a big difference if you’re trying to work with something and you can put it down and not have it roll.

Pure Medical expert review by Kathryn Parkman

Shop from 9 different portable oxygen concentrator packages with a variety of options. Prices will vary depending on needs and uses, but all POCs come with a manufacturer’s warranty.

• Custom packages: The experts at Pure Medical are available around the clock to help you create your customized portable oxygen concentrator package that best works for your needs and lifestyle

• Price match: POCs start at $1,835 and Pure Medical offers a price-matching guarantee.

• Repairs: Pure Medical offers help trouble-shooting any issues that come up with your portable oxygen concentrator and if they cannot fix it, they will ship your POC to the manufacturer for repairs.

• Active lifestyle: All 9 POCs that are available weigh under 6 pounds, which makes it easier for you to keep your lifestyle active.

Profile picture of Kathryn Parkman
Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Pure Medical Company Information