Call toll free
4.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pure Medical is backed by one fundamental belief: that everyone should be able to live an active and healthy lifestyle while still breathing comfortably. Their inventory includes the most lightweight and advanced portable oxygen systems and their support staff is on-deck 24/7 to help ensure you’re receiving the quality care you deserve. Two-day delivery and buy back/consignment guarantee are offered to their customers as well. Take back your independence today and give Pure Medical a call or visit their site!

35 Pure Medical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We had been thinking about getting a portable oxygen concentrator for a long time and we supposedly had one on order through my tank provider. But it had stalled so many times that we finally gave up and decided to buy one. We saw Pure’s advertisement in the paper and went with them. We dealt with a woman named Mabel and everything went smoothly. She came when she said she would come, and we purchased the G4. I made a mistake on that though. Maybe I should have gotten a G3 because its battery lasts a little longer. The battery doesn’t seem to last very long in the G4. It seems like I get about two hours out of it. Nonetheless, the G4 is handy. You carry it and hardly know it’s there. It’s easier. I like the lightness of it and its compactness. There is no more of the aggravation of lugging the tanks around. I also feel very safe about using the G4. Overall, my experience with Pure Medical was very good.

Get expert buying tips about Portable Oxygen Concentrators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My husband has trouble breathing and our doctor told us that Pure Medical was the best POC provider. The sales team was really great and very helpful, and so far, the G3 has been great. My husband can take it wherever he needs to go. We've had it for about a month and a half and it has made him more active.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I purchased the G3 and I like the convenience. It allows me more freedom in going places in the car. Wherever I go, I can take it easily compared to the oxygen tanks. I also have a bigger concentrator but with this small one, I’m thinking of taking a three-day cruise. It would be a whole lot more convenient for me to carry than the big concentrator. It was also good dealing with Pure Medical's representative. I talked to a gentleman when I called and he told me the pricing and what the options were. He knew what he was talking about and I decided to go with Pure Medical for the price. It's about $400 to $500 cheaper.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have COPD and the oxygen companies simply don't supply portable oxygen-making equipment. They want to saddle you with these bottles that just don't work if you travel. I saw a Pure Medical ad in one of the newspapers that I subscribe to and their price seemed competitive. And when I called, the rep knew exactly what I was talking about. She had two concentrator models available and she said if I decided to purchase, it could be shipped out forthwith. I purchased the heavier one with the longer life and she was very helpful in the process. It took me about 10 days to get my unit but it wasn't something that I needed the next day. So that wasn't a real issue and outside of that, they did a fine job. I've got a trip that I'm planning within a few weeks and I certainly won't drag those bottles around with me. I would absolutely recommend Pure Medical. They're easy. Just pick up the phone and call them, and they'll help you.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I wanted to go see my kids and I need a portable oxygen concentrator to go into a higher altitude. I have pulmonary hypertension and a heart leakage. I was a little nervous buying one online that's not local, but I just didn't have a lot of money. I went with Pure Medical for the price which was cheaper than the others. I contacted their sales team online and then I called them. They said the same guarantee and everything is every place else. It said it was a new machine and that it hadn't been used and it was an open-box one.

I got the G3 and they were very nice and very quick at getting that to me. However, I would like to have a written warranty. The rep said to just call her but that was after it was sent. I told her there was no warranty in there and she said it's the same three-year warranty and that I could just call them. But what if I'm out cross country somewhere? Other than that, I took the POC with me overnight and it worked although it was a little loud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Medical?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

One time, I got tired of looking at them bottles around me so I decided to buy a portable oxygen concentrator. I saw an ad by Pure Medical in the papers, called them and found their rep very personable on the phone. He was informative and so I had a very good idea of what I was getting. I got a G3 and life has been easier for me since. The unit is very well made. However, one thing that bothers me about it is the hose that is 8 feet long. At most I only need 2 to 2 1/2 feet. Since I have to walk around, I have to find a place to stuff the hose. Nevertheless, I like that I can just pick up the G3 and go. I don't have to worry about getting a bottle and making sure it has oxygen in it. I'd definitely recommend Pure Medical.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have COPD and lung cancer. I have to have oxygen anywhere I go. After I've seen the small portable oxygen concentrator online, I talked to John at Pure Medical and he seemed to be a straight guy. He was outstanding and it was just like being with a family member. He is very helpful and has great knowledge for their product. I got the chance to meet him too. I went by his office in Asheville, North Carolina and bought another battery. It was really nice meeting him and seeing his office.

The Inogen G4 from Pure Medical is a lot easier to carry around than a big one and has made me more mobile. I've only had it for almost 2 weeks now and it works fine for me. So far, the quality is good. It has helped a lot quite a bit 'cause I'm a VA patient. They gave me about a 35-pound, on-wheels concentrator and that's not fun dragging around all over the place. So, I use that at night and use the G4 in the daytime, out sightseeing. We were headed to Lake Lure and we were up there for a week, and the G4 helped out quite a bit as well. It's light and easy to manage. I have an excellent experience with Pure Medical and they've treated me great. Go with them too.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was on oxygen bottles and they were a pain. I looked for a portable oxygen concentrator and Pure Medical had an ad in the paper saying they were a bit less than what they normally were. The sales representative at Pure Medical did a very good job and she was informative about anything we asked her. I got the G3 that has five settings. I'm supposed to be on four but I've been running it on three because I'm getting more oxygen out of it than I ever did with the bottles. I got the double battery and they said this would last 9 to 10 hours, but while on four, it was only about four and a half. That was the only thing I was disappointed in. I took it down to one and it jumped up to nine and a half. They must have based that 9-10 hours on number one setting.

The quality is the best in the market. I've looked at some of the other providers, but they didn’t appeal to me at all. A friend of mine has one of the Pure Medical like the one I have and he really liked his, so I got one. However, it won't work with my CPAP and anything beats carrying the big oxygenator with me wherever I go. We were going more than two or three days at one time and I think I can bottle up my CPAP for that long.

I don’t have to worry about running out by having a car charger as well as a house charger. Pure Medical is doing a good job. They've done everything they said they were gonna do and they handled it within a timely manner. The representative whom we talked to gave us her personal number at the office, so we've always talked to her. I'm completely satisfied with Pure Medical. I had to get a prescription from a doctor and the nurse there asked me about it. I told her all about it and she said she had a couple of patients who were talking about it, and she'll pass it onto them now.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I'm on oxygen 24/7 and I found oxygen bottles on Craigslist in Florida. I live right outside of Tampa and had a Tampa phone number, so I called it. It was Pure Medical in North Carolina and they had the best deal on the unit I wanted. Everybody else wanted $2,500, $2,700, and this one, the Inogen G3, was $1995 with a 16-cell battery, which will last eight and a half hours. I talked to Mabel and she was nice. She sent me back an email and they had prices on it.

I got the oxygen bottles and I'm gonna keep them. Instead of messing my little machine up, which would cost too much, I use the G3 bottles when I'm outside and it's easier to go to the grocery store. It's 4.5 pounds, but it's easy to tote around. It has five settings and if I use setting number two, it lasts nine hours. I can plug it into my car or into the wall, and while it's plugged in the car and charging, I can use it and it doesn't kill the battery. It's a well-made unit that gives a little humming out, but not much, and I like it. Go to Pure Medical if you're gonna buy anything.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I am my mom's 24-hour, 7-day-a-week caregiver and we live in Atlanta, but we were in North Carolina when she had a heart attack and stroke. We were unable to leave the state with a rental, so we had no choice but to purchase a portable oxygen concentrator. Pure Medical was the only one that was local in North Carolina, and their sales team was wonderful. It was Labor Day weekend and the rep was able to bring it up to the hospital, so that was perfect. The Inogen 3 is the first portable oxygen concentrator that we've ever dealt with. It was brand new in the box when it was brought to us.

I'm not completely satisfied with the unit's battery life. We were told that when it's fully charged, it would last between 8 and 10 hours, yet the double battery that we purchased only lasts about six and a half hours. Also, the unit only gives me three beeps before the battery dies and that only gives me three minutes of warning. So walking from one side of the house to the other, I won't even make it unless I'm always looking at the Inogen to know what the battery life is. There should be a blinking red or something to alert me. Other than the battery issue, everything was wonderful with Pure Medical. The Inogen 3 has been great. However, I wouldn't recommend Pure Medical. They would be a good company to go with if you're in the State of North Carolina, but not nationwide or not in Georgia.

Pure Medical response

First, I’d like to start by saying thank you for being a valued Pure Medical customer. We try our best to treat all of our customers with respect and go the extra mile for our patients. We always go out of our way to make sure our patients get the oxygen that they need even if it is on a holiday. We apologize if there was confusion over the battery life. We only quote battery times given to us by the manufacturer. Below is a link to the Inogen G3 website that shows the battery life expectancy for the G3 with Large battery. The website quotes 10 hours, but we always like to be safe so we let everyone know 8-10 at a setting of 2LPM. If your Mom is using a higher setting then you will not get the 8-10 hours. If she is using a setting of 4LPM she would receive between 4-5 hours.

Manufacturer Technical Specs Inogen G3

Weight

4.8 lbs

Dimensions

8.75 × 3.0 × 8.25 in (Height includes single battery)

Oxygen Flow
Intelligent Delivery Technology®

Five flow settings from 1-5

Power Settings
AC Power Supply 100-240V, 50-60Hz
(auto sensing to allow worldwide use)

DC Power: for mobile use in car/airplane

*Battery
Duration (single battery): up to 4.7 hours

Duration (double battery): up to 10 hours

Noise Level

39 dBA*

Warranty
Concentrator: 3 Years
Concentrator Sieve Beds and Accessories: 1 year

See Limited Warranty Statement for details.

Use

Designed for stationary, portable, and travel

*On Setting 2

Pure Medical is a medical equipment company that ships product all across the United States and worldwide. We strive to be the best at what we do and apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to offer you and your Mother 50% off any battery for your unit to make up for the confusion. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Respectfully,

Pure Medical Team

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I had problems and so I decided to buy a portable oxygen concentrator. Pure Medical was over $1000 cheaper than other providers so I went with them. The reps who helped me was very nice. There was a gentleman and a lady named Mabel. They had good knowledge of their product. Also, when they said they were going to have the item out the next day, that's what they did. I got an Inogen G4 from them and since getting it, I've been taking it every place I go. It's my lifeline. I like that it's very portable. It was also very affordable for what I got. Now I know I'm not gonna run out of breath. I'm very satisfied with Pure Medical.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I saw a website that compared the different portable oxygen concentrator units, and the Pure Medical device was one that could be used 24/7. I called in the evening, and the rep answered the phone. He was knowledgeable about their product. We worked through it, it worked fine and I ended up buying Inogen One G3. Their device is helpful and I could leave town, which is what I was trying to do. The people at Pure Medical also seemed to be responsible and it was nice to have somebody answer the phone. Pure Medical is a good place to buy an oxygen concentrator and their device improved my life.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Check Pure Medical out. The G3 unit is helping me to get muscles in my arm. This thing is heavier than I anticipated and that's with the small battery. But I suppose, over time, it will be fine. I use it when I am mobile trying to get from place to place and it's easier to get in and out of my car rather than with a rolling unit. The quality is excellent and I like knowing that in the future, I'll be able to use it on an airline. Also, John, the fellow who sold it to us was very helpful, personable and efficient and he took care of getting the request from the doctor for my prescription.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I didn't like the little oxygen bottles, so I looked for something I can carry easily. We have a condo in Mexico, so how many bottles can we take for a week or two down to Mexico? My husband then talked to Pure Medical and they were easy to deal with. He called on the price, which was 1,800. Everybody else was at 2,400. The salesman was very helpful and he called the doctor's office to get the prescription for it. We bought the Inogen One. We also got the backpack for it and two batteries at a good price. It works very well. It's also light, easy to carry, and quiet. We recommend Pure Medical.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I was so tired with carrying the oxygen tanks and figuring out how and where to put them on his walker or in a basket. It was a pain and I said "I can't keep on doing this, taking it up and putting it in a car". Robert called Pure Medical and talked to a rep and she was very nice. She explained everything to him and did things that he wanted. We got the portable oxygen concentrator and so there are no more oxygen tanks. I usually unplug and get it for him and he sets it but it's a little heavy for him. Also, we didn't get any extra filters to change and I don't know how many times we're gonna clean it. But Robert loves the POC and it's easier to leave the house and do things.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I am a veteran and a hundred percent disabled. I'm supplied with the concentrator for my nighttime use of oxygen. My husband and I travel a lot in our trailer and to lug around a 50-pound concentrator was inconvenient. Also, my husband is 74 and I’m 72, and for him to be picking up a 50-pound thing was just a bit much. I called and Pure Medical's rep, Shaun, was very helpful, so I decided it was worth the investment. I was very impressed with what I heard from him and what really sold me was his willingness to make sure that I have the right equipment and his willingness to get it to me as soon as possible.

However, I had the wrong system at first because I needed continuous flow and I connect it to my CPAP machine. Other than that, my POC is portable and lightweight. Having it is so much easier on both of us. We can take it anywhere that we’re going to be staying overnight like in our trailer or in a hotel. The quality of the POC is excellent and I’ve already recommended Pure Medical to my cousin.

Pure Medical response

We strive to get you the right unit the first time. We were happy that we were able to get you the proper unit and you were able to travel with your Inogen unit. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with your portable oxygen needs. Thank you for your service.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I had been looking around for a portable oxygen concentrator for a couple years. My husband is on oxygen and the company that we use does not have the type that we want. I saw Pure Medical's ad and I called them. Their rep, Mabel, gave me all the information and she sent it to me by e-mail. She also gave me some price quote. Whenever I would e-mail her or contact her, she would always get right back to me. I looked over everything and then I touched base with her a couple of times and decided to go with them. They had the best price. We got the Pure Medical POC for travel, and we will be taking it with us when we go on a cruise. We will need something in case we have to take a flight.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My father needed a POC and Pure Medical seemed to be the better deal. The POC is very light and that is what we needed 'cause my father is 99. The quality is very good and we're happy. We also talked to a rep quite a bit when we had a lot of questions and she was very good.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My mother needs a POC to be able to breathe and we purchased the unit from Pure Medical because it was small. The rep that I spoke with went out of his way to be helpful for us and he was great. With the POC, my mother is able to get around a little bit more. I’d recommend Pure Medical.

Pure Medical response

Thank you for joining the Pure Medical family. Portable oxygen is our passion and we are glad your Mom is doing well.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have a senior who needed a portable oxygen concentrator and Pure Medical's pricing was perfect for something that I could afford for her. Melba, the lady who I dealt with, is amazing. We’re very, very pleased with her, particularly with her willingness to explain things to me. She was just right there from the very beginning to the end, showed me what I needed to do, and explained the ins and the outs of the machine. While other companies that I spoke just gave the price and they were good, Melba took the extra time. She did a lot of good customer service and took care of everything that I needed taken care of. They had the machine on sale and she was nice enough to put it aside for me ‘till I could gather the money up. She went above and beyond. We got a G3 POC and now my senior has been able to do more as it’s much lighter for her. I’m very pleased with the promotion sale and we felt very blessed to be able to get the POC.

Pure Medical response

Customer service is number one at Pure Medical. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your patient. The Inogen G3 is a perfect fit for anyone struggling with portable oxygen.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I got the small POC from Pure Medical and it’s working okay. With this, I can get out a little bit. I couldn’t go anywhere before with the electric one in the house. I just wish the battery lasts longer. I don’t get too many hours off of a full battery and $100 for another battery is a little spicy when you figure you've already paid money. Pure Medical was a whole lot cheaper than another provider though, and the sales representative was very nice. He was right there every time I called.

Pure Medical response

Thank you for being a valued customer of Pure Medical. We are always trying to provide the best portable oxygen concentrators at the best price. The Inogen unit was the right choice.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Everything is going well with the portable oxygen concentrator from Pure Medical. We got the Inogen One G4 for my mother’s need. It keeps her alive and she needs it to be away from her room. The reps from Pure Medical were very helpful and professional. They were beneficial and they follow through and took care of my needs. The POC is excellent and I’m very happy and satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

My experience with Pure Medical was excellent. I needed a POC and they handled the one I wanted. Plus their price was better. Their sales team was very professional and knowledgeable. It happened really quickly too. I was impressed. The Inogen One G3 is easy to operate. It's fast and simple, and its quality is excellent.

Pure Medical response

Thank you for being a valued Pure Medical customer. When you are happy we are happy. Portable oxygen concentrators don't have to cost you as much as you think. The Inogen One G3 is the perfect unit for folks on the go.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I had been wanting to try a portable oxygen concentrator. I found Pure Medical online and they gave me the best deal. I talked to a gentleman named Eric. He was nice and very cooperative. He also did everything he said he would do. I got his extension number and I talk to him every time. The G3 portable oxygen concentrator I bought is handy and it makes it easier to tuck in bottles and stuff getting around. The quality is nice and it made my life easier.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I was stuck at home with my oxygen. I had a tank, but it was too heavy and I couldn't get around. When we called about Inogen, Pure Medical answered the phone. I couldn't talk very well because of my breathing, but it was very easy dealing with their team. They helped me through everything that I needed. I purchased a G3 and for some reason, I got the booklet in Polish. I called them and the sales rep right away put another one in the mail for me. He also walked me through how it turns on and everything before I got the booklet. He was very good. The POC has a very good quality. It is also light so I can carry it myself. I can get around more too. It's so much easier when I go to my therapy or to the doctor.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My wife has a congestive heart failure and she's dying in six months. I saw Pure Medical's advertisement on the internet and I called and talked to them. Their rep was knowledgeable about what I needed and gave me all the details including the price and the way they could ship it. I bought a G3. I got a G1 also and the rep helped me try to get some parts for that. The POC's quality is perfect. We can use it 24/7 and it goes from one to five. Everything has been great with Pure Medical.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

We're always out and we were having trouble with the other tanks running out and not having enough oxygen when we go places. With the Pure Medical portable oxygen concentrator, we don’t have to worry about that. If we’re out any longer than three hours, we easily plug it into the car and charge it on the way home. The only complaint I have is where it hooks to the battery. That was hard to do originally. First, we were sent the four-hour unit but we're being sent the eight-hour one now. We’ll exchange and send the unit back. With the eight-hour unit, we wouldn't have to charge it as much. But I like to keep them charged than having them down too far.

Pure Medical response

We are sorry about the battery exchange. Pure Medical will always correct an incorrect shipment. If you don't like the unit or if we make a mistake we will make sure you are happy or you will receive a full refund. Portable oxygen concentrators are our specialty and the Inogen unit is the right choice for your family.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My son-in-law was lugging a big oxygen tank around and I felt sorry for him. I bought and paid $2,200 for the portable oxygen concentrator from Pure Medical. The sales team was great. I'd like to thank the company for providing it because before, my son-in-law was a very reserved person and depressed, but now, he’s telling me he felt like a new person out of it. He's got oxygen any time he needs it and he doesn’t have to worry about it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Pure Medical Imports. I purchased the portable oxygen concentrator for a medical need. So far, the medical equipment works well and I'm fine with the people that dealt with my purchase.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I was tired of carrying the oxygen concentrator bag around and decided to purchase a portable one. Pure Medical's sales team was very cooperative. I had a very nice and respectful interaction with their sales rep and they hooked me up right away. My problem was I had to get a prescription from the VA clinic and it was like pulling teeth because they thought they are responsible for it if I bought the POC from my personal money. I purchased the Inogen One G4 model number 10 and this unit could take two small two-inch batteries. I plug it in and charge. They gave me a four-hour one which is supposed to be a six-hour one but it never lasted six hours, and the two-hour one. It doesn't go up far enough for long so I have two batteries with it. It goes to three but when I take it up there, it eats the battery up. I turned it on at 8 o'clock and now it says I got two and 39 minutes left so I get four and a half hours of it untuned.

Also, they put the hose at the top and the hose kinks where it plugs in. Sometimes, I get a beep on it because it says I'm not using it which I’m really not because the hose gets kinked. I also forgot to ask them about the warranty on this one and nothing came in the box but I haven't contacted them as I've been busy. Otherwise, everything's fine and its quality has been good so far. The POC is also lightweight and convenient.

Pure Medical expert review by Kathryn Parkman

Shop from 9 different portable oxygen concentrator packages with a variety of options. Prices will vary depending on needs and uses, but all POCs come with a manufacturer’s warranty.

• Custom packages: The experts at Pure Medical are available around the clock to help you create your customized portable oxygen concentrator package that best works for your needs and lifestyle

• Price match: POCs start at $1,835 and Pure Medical offers a price-matching guarantee.

• Repairs: Pure Medical offers help trouble-shooting any issues that come up with your portable oxygen concentrator and if they cannot fix it, they will ship your POC to the manufacturer for repairs.

• Active lifestyle: All 9 POCs that are available weigh under 6 pounds, which makes it easier for you to keep your lifestyle active.

Profile picture of Kathryn Parkman
Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Pure Medical Company Information