Call toll free
4.94/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pure Medical is backed by one fundamental belief: that everyone should be able to live an active and healthy lifestyle while still breathing comfortably. Their inventory includes the most lightweight and advanced portable oxygen systems and their support staff is on-deck 24/7 to help ensure you’re receiving the quality care you deserve. Two-day delivery and buy back/consignment guarantee are offered to their customers as well. Take back your independence today and give Pure Medical a call or visit their site!

17 Pure Medical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I am a veteran and a hundred percent disabled. I'm supplied with the concentrator for my nighttime use of oxygen. My husband and I travel a lot in our trailer and to lug around a 50-pound concentrator was inconvenient. Also, my husband is 74 and I’m 72, and for him to be picking up a 50-pound thing was just a bit much. I called and Pure Medical's rep, Shaun, was very helpful, so I decided it was worth the investment. I was very impressed with what I heard from him and what really sold me was his willingness to make sure that I have the right equipment and his willingness to get it to me as soon as possible.

However, I had the wrong system at first because I needed continuous flow and I connect it to my CPAP machine. Other than that, my POC is portable and lightweight. Having it is so much easier on both of us. We can take it anywhere that we’re going to be staying overnight like in our trailer or in a hotel. The quality of the POC is excellent and I’ve already recommended Pure Medical to my cousin.

Pure Medical response

We strive to get you the right unit the first time. We were happy that we were able to get you the proper unit and you were able to travel with your Inogen unit. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with your portable oxygen needs. Thank you for your service.

Get expert buying tips about Health Products and Supplements delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My mother needs a POC to be able to breathe and we purchased the unit from Pure Medical because it was small. The rep that I spoke with went out of his way to be helpful for us and he was great. With the POC, my mother is able to get around a little bit more. I’d recommend Pure Medical.

Pure Medical response

Thank you for joining the Pure Medical family. Portable oxygen is our passion and we are glad your Mom is doing well.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have a senior who needed a portable oxygen concentrator and Pure Medical's pricing was perfect for something that I could afford for her. Melba, the lady who I dealt with, is amazing. We’re very, very pleased with her, particularly with her willingness to explain things to me. She was just right there from the very beginning to the end, showed me what I needed to do, and explained the ins and the outs of the machine. While other companies that I spoke just gave the price and they were good, Melba took the extra time. She did a lot of good customer service and took care of everything that I needed taken care of. They had the machine on sale and she was nice enough to put it aside for me ‘till I could gather the money up. She went above and beyond. We got a G3 POC and now my senior has been able to do more as it’s much lighter for her. I’m very pleased with the promotion sale and we felt very blessed to be able to get the POC.

Pure Medical response

Customer service is number one at Pure Medical. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your patient. The Inogen G3 is a perfect fit for anyone struggling with portable oxygen.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I got the small POC from Pure Medical and it’s working okay. With this, I can get out a little bit. I couldn’t go anywhere before with the electric one in the house. I just wish the battery lasts longer. I don’t get too many hours off of a full battery and $100 for another battery is a little spicy when you figure you've already paid money. Pure Medical was a whole lot cheaper than another provider though, and the sales representative was very nice. He was right there every time I called.

Pure Medical response

Thank you for being a valued customer of Pure Medical. We are always trying to provide the best portable oxygen concentrators at the best price. The Inogen unit was the right choice.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Everything is going well with the portable oxygen concentrator from Pure Medical. We got the Inogen One G4 for my mother’s need. It keeps her alive and she needs it to be away from her room. The reps from Pure Medical were very helpful and professional. They were beneficial and they follow through and took care of my needs. The POC is excellent and I’m very happy and satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Medical?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

My experience with Pure Medical was excellent. I needed a POC and they handled the one I wanted. Plus their price was better. Their sales team was very professional and knowledgeable. It happened really quickly too. I was impressed. The Inogen One G3 is easy to operate. It's fast and simple, and its quality is excellent.

Pure Medical response

Thank you for being a valued Pure Medical customer. When you are happy we are happy. Portable oxygen concentrators don't have to cost you as much as you think. The Inogen One G3 is the perfect unit for folks on the go.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I had been wanting to try a portable oxygen concentrator. I found Pure Medical online and they gave me the best deal. I talked to a gentleman named Eric. He was nice and very cooperative. He also did everything he said he would do. I got his extension number and I talk to him every time. The G3 portable oxygen concentrator I bought is handy and it makes it easier to tuck in bottles and stuff getting around. The quality is nice and it made my life easier.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I was stuck at home with my oxygen. I had a tank, but it was too heavy and I couldn't get around. When we called about Inogen, Pure Medical answered the phone. I couldn't talk very well because of my breathing, but it was very easy dealing with their team. They helped me through everything that I needed. I purchased a G3 and for some reason, I got the booklet in Polish. I called them and the sales rep right away put another one in the mail for me. He also walked me through how it turns on and everything before I got the booklet. He was very good. The POC has a very good quality. It is also light so I can carry it myself. I can get around more too. It's so much easier when I go to my therapy or to the doctor.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My wife has a congestive heart failure and she's dying in six months. I saw Pure Medical's advertisement on the internet and I called and talked to them. Their rep was knowledgeable about what I needed and gave me all the details including the price and the way they could ship it. I bought a G3. I got a G1 also and the rep helped me try to get some parts for that. The POC's quality is perfect. We can use it 24/7 and it goes from one to five. Everything has been great with Pure Medical.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

We're always out and we were having trouble with the other tanks running out and not having enough oxygen when we go places. With the Pure Medical portable oxygen concentrator, we don’t have to worry about that. If we’re out any longer than three hours, we easily plug it into the car and charge it on the way home. The only complaint I have is where it hooks to the battery. That was hard to do originally. First, we were sent the four-hour unit but we're being sent the eight-hour one now. We’ll exchange and send the unit back. With the eight-hour unit, we wouldn't have to charge it as much. But I like to keep them charged than having them down too far.

Pure Medical response

We are sorry about the battery exchange. Pure Medical will always correct an incorrect shipment. If you don't like the unit or if we make a mistake we will make sure you are happy or you will receive a full refund. Portable oxygen concentrators are our specialty and the Inogen unit is the right choice for your family.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My son-in-law was lugging a big oxygen tank around and I felt sorry for him. I bought and paid $2,200 for the portable oxygen concentrator from Pure Medical. The sales team was great. I'd like to thank the company for providing it because before, my son-in-law was a very reserved person and depressed, but now, he’s telling me he felt like a new person out of it. He's got oxygen any time he needs it and he doesn’t have to worry about it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Pure Medical Imports. I purchased the portable oxygen concentrator for a medical need. So far, the medical equipment works well and I'm fine with the people that dealt with my purchase.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I was tired of carrying the oxygen concentrator bag around and decided to purchase a portable one. Pure Medical's sales team was very cooperative. I had a very nice and respectful interaction with their sales rep and they hooked me up right away. My problem was I had to get a prescription from the VA clinic and it was like pulling teeth because they thought they are responsible for it if I bought the POC from my personal money. I purchased the Inogen One G4 model number 10 and this unit could take two small two-inch batteries. I plug it in and charge. They gave me a four-hour one which is supposed to be a six-hour one but it never lasted six hours, and the two-hour one. It doesn't go up far enough for long so I have two batteries with it. It goes to three but when I take it up there, it eats the battery up. I turned it on at 8 o'clock and now it says I got two and 39 minutes left so I get four and a half hours of it untuned.

Also, they put the hose at the top and the hose kinks where it plugs in. Sometimes, I get a beep on it because it says I'm not using it which I’m really not because the hose gets kinked. I also forgot to ask them about the warranty on this one and nothing came in the box but I haven't contacted them as I've been busy. Otherwise, everything's fine and its quality has been good so far. The POC is also lightweight and convenient.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We're thinking about moving back up north and for travelling, I can’t take the tanks with me because the tanks belong to somebody else on here. So, I decided to purchase a portable oxygen concentrator. I have priced some of the places and one was $2,400. The guy from Pure Medical told me he would sell me one for $1,875 and I offered him $1,500. He said he would take $1,800 and no tax and no shipping to which I said fine. I got a G3 and I can’t feel any air come out of it. I would think I should be able to, but it’s set on two just like the big one is.

Pure Medical response

The Inogen G3 is the perfect unit for being on the go. Portable oxygen concentrators don't have to cost a fortune. Thank you for being a valued customer.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The guy I dealt with answered my questions and was very professional. I didn’t know that much about the product and he tried to be as informative as possible. Although he told me how to order, he also sent me out an email right away with the information. I got the G3, which is the smaller one, and it can be carried around. That makes it convenient instead of doing oxygen bottles. We also have a big compensator but that uses a lot of power when you use it in the vehicle. This thing from Pure Medical doesn’t seem to take as much power because it has that mode where it's on demand so it's seemed to work better.

Pure Medical response

Helping families and friends is what we do. Thank you for helping a friend receive portable oxygen. The Inogen G3 is an excellent choice!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I saw an ad up on Craigslist in Roanoke, Virginia that Pure Medical was trying to reduce inventory and they had the Inogen G4 on sale for $1,895. I sent the owner an email to see what price he would give me on the Inogen G4 with two double batteries and he came back with a price of $2,200. It was a good price so I bought it. The owner passed me to one of his salespeople and I finished the transaction through her. The Inogen G4 is lightweight and it has a decent battery life. It gives my wife freedom. She was able to go on a trip to visit a family member. I would tell others to buy from Pure Medical.

Pure Medical expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This company is a leader in selling portable oxygen concentrators that are lightweight enough to take anywhere. Shop online and receive your portable oxygen concentrator (POC) and equipment within days, as long as you live in the contiguous United States.

• Free shipping: Enjoy free two-day shipping on all accessories and any new portable oxygen concentrator when you shop from Pure Medical’s online store.

• Help getting a prescription: You’ll need a valid prescription to buy a portable oxygen concentrator from Pure Medical. If you need help, contact Pure Medical and they can assist you with the process of obtaining a valid prescription.

• POCs for on-the-go: If you love to lead an active lifestyle, check out the Respironics SimplyGo model from Pure Medical. This lightweight portable oxygen concentrator is made to tolerate extreme conditions and runs off a battery.

• 24/7 technical support: Call Pure Medical anytime, day or night, for help with technical support on any of your equipment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs