Find the right portable oxygen concentrator for you.

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.80/5

Pure Medical

Pure Medical is backed by one fundamental belief: that everyone should be able to live an active and healthy lifestyle while still breathing comfortably. Their inventory includes the most lightweight and advanced portable oxygen systems and their support staff is on-deck 24/7 to help ensure you’re receiving the quality care you deserve. Two-day delivery and buy back/consignment guarantee are offered to their customers as well. Take back your independence today and give Pure Medical a call or visit their site!

Pure Medical Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2019

I've been using small oxygen tanks and they're only good for a couple hours, and I have to carry several extras, which is a pain. I dealt with John in sales and he was very helpful. He was extremely courteous, and knowledgeable. I bought a backpack and a home unit from Pure Medical. I went somewhere the other day for a class, and I was there for five or six hours. When I left there, I still had about an hour and 47 minutes on my battery. That was the first time I've been able to go that long without having a big hassle. So far, so good. The unit came with one battery, and then I bought the extended battery with it. I didn't like the price of the battery. It was $450 and I hope it last me for the rest of my life.

I called up John when I had trouble with my first unit. It was a faulty Inogen One G4. Every time I set it down, it turned itself off. It wasn't good at all. I carried it for a few days until I got back with them. I go out to the grocery store and I set it in the buggy. And as soon as I set the thing down, it turn itself off. So I took it back. I ended up getting the bigger unit and got the home unit. It's a lot easier to take the compact size of the Inogen home unit than it was with my older one. It’s about half the weight and it did a good job. Overall, I would recommend John and Inogen to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought a portable oxygen concentrator so it would be easier for me to get around. I got the Inogen G3 from Pure Medical. I had a great experience with their sales team. They were very helpful, and when I was ready to buy one, they were ready to ship it. The only thing I had to do was get a prescription. Once I got the prescription, I had it within two days. I love Inogen G3 because whenever I go out, it goes with me. The extended battery that it has is also good for nine hours. Inogen G3 has improved my life because I feel more like a person now. I carry the tank around and I got a little backpack on my side. I don't feel like people are looking at me. It makes it so much easier to get around because a tank only lasts for about an hour or two hours but with Inogen G3, I get nine hours. If I wear those all day long, I can and I don't have to worry about running back. The only issue I have is if something would happen and it would break down.

Get expert buying tips about Portable Oxygen Concentrators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I’m 82 and I had an acute heart failure on an aircraft and I was taken off on a stretcher and was in the hospital for a couple of days. I had to get something, and Pure Medical’s rep, John, did it all for me. He was straightforward and I got everything that I asked for. When I needed something, he would provide me answers. In fact, I didn't have the prescription for it and I wrote a note to John after 5:00 and he still was able to answer me at about 9:00 which was great. He didn’t say that he could wait until tomorrow. He took care of if it then. I got the Inogen 3 and when I checked the pricing, I got as good a deal as I would have with anybody else without having to worry about not getting a lot of BS along with it.

The unit requires extra batteries though and I have two extra-size batteries. It’s a real problem when I fly to Alaska. It doesn’t waste the ounces. I don't see any solution to that either, seeing the technology right now. But the size of batteries are a lot smaller than they would have been a few years ago, so everything seems to be progressing well. Other than that, it was great to be able to get the Inogen 3 and I was very impressed with the site.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I needed an oxygen concentrator that was a little more accessible. The other ones were bulky and it was hard moving around. I called Pure Medical and every question I had, they answered and they got me started right away. It was just a good experience. I got the Innogen G4 and with it, I’m able to go more and do more. I don’t tire out as easily with that as I did with the other oxygen. I always have my backup batteries with me so I don't have to transport all the other stuff with me. This unit is lightweight and it’s easier to take with me.

Medicare and insurance won’t pay for you to have home oxygen and the portable tanks with the other one though. If the electricity goes out, what do you do if you run out of batteries for a couple of days? Pure Medical should work with Medicare and try to have it where you could have a backup. I’m paying for mine, so I can still have my other oxygen in case I have a power outage or in case I need it. Other than that, I’ve been very satisfied with Pure Medical so far.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Inogen has a better reputation than the other portable concentrators. Pure Medical are the dealers for the Inogen and they offered me a good deal. Not being able to breathe, I decided to purchase a portable oxygen concentrator. I called and a gentleman answered the phone. We asked him a few questions and he answered them. He gave me a price and gave me a website to look at. I went and looked at the website, then came back. We negotiated a bit and got another price, and I said that I would take it. I got the G3. The guy I talked to was Barry and he sounded concerned and knowledgeable. He was not pushy at all.

The portable oxygen concentrator frees me up a little. I haven’t done any traveling yet, but I certainly can now and I am planning on a couple of trips later this year. I've used the SimplyGo in the past. It is a huge machine and it is a real hassle in the airline, but with the Inogen, you just tuck it in your arm. Previously, I was using portable tanks, but the one I am using now is lighter than a tank and smaller. It is less intrusive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Medical?

Original review: June 28, 2019

I made an inquiry at Pure Medical and they responded quickly. We had some interaction that was late in the day, but they were able to make things happen in that 5:30 – 6:00 time frame East Coast, and I appreciated their extra effort. I didn’t feel like I was dealing with a large corporation. I felt like I got personal service. And the email and phone calls back-and-forth were responsive. The unit is for my mother-in-law, and from that standpoint, it met our needs and expectations. The only thing is that the tube is coming out of the unit after a very short period of time. It creates a crease in it, and that might or could prevent oxygen from flowing. It needs additional support because right as it comes out of the concentrator, it gets warped.

Original review: June 23, 2019

My husband has Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, and so for times when we’re in the car, the portable tanks we have are too heavy for me to manage. The gentleman from Pure Medical that helped me was very pleasant. He was not at all pushy. He answered my questions, and I told him I had to think about it. And then I called him and told him we wanted it. We got the G4 and I have discussed this with one of my husband's nurses and she’s considering getting for her mother-in-law. I told her that she can come over and check this out.

Original review: June 21, 2019

My brother-in-law has COPD and emphysema and he’s struggling. My father had used a portable oxygen concentrator and it allowed him some freedom. I looked online and I came up with Pure Medical. The price was right. It was what I could afford to pay. I called them and they were terrific. I was very impressed that purchasing from them was so easy to do, and that they were so responsive. It seemed very legit, so I bought it. Then it was sent to my brother-in-law and he’s been thrilled with the whole thing.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I came across Pure Medical’s ad on Craigslist and they had a good rent-to-own and warranty program, and consignment back after it’s no longer needed. I called and talked to the salesman in general about my needs and my situation. My mom is ill and he was very understanding, He was good about asking me about time frames, giving me the different options and offering to look for used units. Then, he was super-helpful through the process of working with the nurses on the hospice so that he could place the order. He was very communicative, responsive and friendly. He emailed and called a lot to make sure that we could expedite it. The oxygen concentrator has been awesome. My mother unpacked it, plugged it in and it worked perfectly. Also, it was super-simple. My mother has been great. She has been able to get out of the place, go shopping, visit my house and friends since having it.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My father has COPD and I bought a portable oxygen concentrator for him from Pure Medical, which was the one that I found on the internet. My father has more freedom to go out and do more stuff because he just has this small little portable instead of having something bigger. The sales team was great to work with, very informative, answered all my questions and helped me in making an informed decision about what unit I needed to get. It was a great experience with Pure Medical.

Pure Medical expert review by Kathryn Parkman

Shop from 9 different portable oxygen concentrator packages with a variety of options. Prices will vary depending on needs and uses, but all POCs come with a manufacturer’s warranty.

• Custom packages: The experts at Pure Medical are available around the clock to help you create your customized portable oxygen concentrator package that best works for your needs and lifestyle

• Price match: POCs start at $1,835 and Pure Medical offers a price-matching guarantee.

• Repairs: Pure Medical offers help trouble-shooting any issues that come up with your portable oxygen concentrator and if they cannot fix it, they will ship your POC to the manufacturer for repairs.

• Active lifestyle: All 9 POCs that are available weigh under 6 pounds, which makes it easier for you to keep your lifestyle active.

Profile picture of Kathryn Parkman
Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Pure Medical Company Information