4.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pure Medical is backed by one fundamental belief: that everyone should be able to live an active and healthy lifestyle while still breathing comfortably. Their inventory includes the most lightweight and advanced portable oxygen systems and their support staff is on-deck 24/7 to help ensure you’re receiving the quality care you deserve. Two-day delivery and buy back/consignment guarantee are offered to their customers as well. Take back your independence today and give Pure Medical a call or visit their site!

66 Pure Medical Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 22, 2019

I've been using small oxygen tanks and they're only good for a couple hours, and I have to carry several extras, which is a pain. I dealt with John in sales and he was very helpful. He was extremely courteous, and knowledgeable. I bought a backpack and a home unit from Pure Medical. I went somewhere the other day for a class, and I was there for five or six hours. When I left there, I still had about an hour and 47 minutes on my battery. That was the first time I've been able to go that long without having a big hassle. So far, so good. The unit came with one battery, and then I bought the extended battery with it. I didn't like the price of the battery. It was $450 and I hope it last me for the rest of my life.

I called up John when I had trouble with my first unit. It was a faulty Inogen One G4. Every time I set it down, it turned itself off. It wasn't good at all. I carried it for a few days until I got back with them. I go out to the grocery store and I set it in the buggy. And as soon as I set the thing down, it turn itself off. So I took it back. I ended up getting the bigger unit and got the home unit. It's a lot easier to take the compact size of the Inogen home unit than it was with my older one. It’s about half the weight and it did a good job. Overall, I would recommend John and Inogen to anybody.

Get expert buying tips about Portable Oxygen Concentrators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I’m 82 and I had an acute heart failure on an aircraft and I was taken off on a stretcher and was in the hospital for a couple of days. I had to get something, and Pure Medical’s rep, John, did it all for me. He was straightforward and I got everything that I asked for. When I needed something, he would provide me answers. In fact, I didn't have the prescription for it and I wrote a note to John after 5:00 and he still was able to answer me at about 9:00 which was great. He didn’t say that he could wait until tomorrow. He took care of if it then. I got the Inogen 3 and when I checked the pricing, I got as good a deal as I would have with anybody else without having to worry about not getting a lot of BS along with it.

The unit requires extra batteries though and I have two extra-size batteries. It’s a real problem when I fly to Alaska. It doesn’t waste the ounces. I don't see any solution to that either, seeing the technology right now. But the size of batteries are a lot smaller than they would have been a few years ago, so everything seems to be progressing well. Other than that, it was great to be able to get the Inogen 3 and I was very impressed with the site.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have COPD and lung cancer. I have to have oxygen anywhere I go. After I've seen the small portable oxygen concentrator online, I talked to John at Pure Medical and he seemed to be a straight guy. He was outstanding and it was just like being with a family member. He is very helpful and has great knowledge for their product. I got the chance to meet him too. I went by his office in Asheville, North Carolina and bought another battery. It was really nice meeting him and seeing his office.

The Inogen G4 from Pure Medical is a lot easier to carry around than a big one and has made me more mobile. I've only had it for almost 2 weeks now and it works fine for me. So far, the quality is good. It has helped a lot quite a bit 'cause I'm a VA patient. They gave me about a 35-pound, on-wheels concentrator and that's not fun dragging around all over the place. So, I use that at night and use the G4 in the daytime, out sightseeing. We were headed to Lake Lure and we were up there for a week, and the G4 helped out quite a bit as well. It's light and easy to manage. I have an excellent experience with Pure Medical and they've treated me great. Go with them too.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was on oxygen bottles and they were a pain. I looked for a portable oxygen concentrator and Pure Medical had an ad in the paper saying they were a bit less than what they normally were. The sales representative at Pure Medical did a very good job and she was informative about anything we asked her. I got the G3 that has five settings. I'm supposed to be on four but I've been running it on three because I'm getting more oxygen out of it than I ever did with the bottles. I got the double battery and they said this would last 9 to 10 hours, but while on four, it was only about four and a half. That was the only thing I was disappointed in. I took it down to one and it jumped up to nine and a half. They must have based that 9-10 hours on number one setting.

The quality is the best in the market. I've looked at some of the other providers, but they didn’t appeal to me at all. A friend of mine has one of the Pure Medical like the one I have and he really liked his, so I got one. However, it won't work with my CPAP and anything beats carrying the big oxygenator with me wherever I go. We were going more than two or three days at one time and I think I can bottle up my CPAP for that long.

I don’t have to worry about running out by having a car charger as well as a house charger. Pure Medical is doing a good job. They've done everything they said they were gonna do and they handled it within a timely manner. The representative whom we talked to gave us her personal number at the office, so we've always talked to her. I'm completely satisfied with Pure Medical. I had to get a prescription from a doctor and the nurse there asked me about it. I told her all about it and she said she had a couple of patients who were talking about it, and she'll pass it onto them now.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I'm on oxygen 24/7 and I found oxygen bottles on Craigslist in Florida. I live right outside of Tampa and had a Tampa phone number, so I called it. It was Pure Medical in North Carolina and they had the best deal on the unit I wanted. Everybody else wanted $2,500, $2,700, and this one, the Inogen G3, was $1995 with a 16-cell battery, which will last eight and a half hours. I talked to Mabel and she was nice. She sent me back an email and they had prices on it.

I got the oxygen bottles and I'm gonna keep them. Instead of messing my little machine up, which would cost too much, I use the G3 bottles when I'm outside and it's easier to go to the grocery store. It's 4.5 pounds, but it's easy to tote around. It has five settings and if I use setting number two, it lasts nine hours. I can plug it into my car or into the wall, and while it's plugged in the car and charging, I can use it and it doesn't kill the battery. It's a well-made unit that gives a little humming out, but not much, and I like it. Go to Pure Medical if you're gonna buy anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Medical?

Original review: June 28, 2019

I made an inquiry at Pure Medical and they responded quickly. We had some interaction that was late in the day, but they were able to make things happen in that 5:30 – 6:00 time frame East Coast, and I appreciated their extra effort. I didn’t feel like I was dealing with a large corporation. I felt like I got personal service. And the email and phone calls back-and-forth were responsive. The unit is for my mother-in-law, and from that standpoint, it met our needs and expectations. The only thing is that the tube is coming out of the unit after a very short period of time. It creates a crease in it, and that might or could prevent oxygen from flowing. It needs additional support because right as it comes out of the concentrator, it gets warped.

Original review: June 23, 2019

My husband has Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, and so for times when we’re in the car, the portable tanks we have are too heavy for me to manage. The gentleman from Pure Medical that helped me was very pleasant. He was not at all pushy. He answered my questions, and I told him I had to think about it. And then I called him and told him we wanted it. We got the G4 and I have discussed this with one of my husband's nurses and she’s considering getting for her mother-in-law. I told her that she can come over and check this out.

Original review: June 21, 2019

My brother-in-law has COPD and emphysema and he’s struggling. My father had used a portable oxygen concentrator and it allowed him some freedom. I looked online and I came up with Pure Medical. The price was right. It was what I could afford to pay. I called them and they were terrific. I was very impressed that purchasing from them was so easy to do, and that they were so responsive. It seemed very legit, so I bought it. Then it was sent to my brother-in-law and he’s been thrilled with the whole thing.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I came across Pure Medical’s ad on Craigslist and they had a good rent-to-own and warranty program, and consignment back after it’s no longer needed. I called and talked to the salesman in general about my needs and my situation. My mom is ill and he was very understanding, He was good about asking me about time frames, giving me the different options and offering to look for used units. Then, he was super-helpful through the process of working with the nurses on the hospice so that he could place the order. He was very communicative, responsive and friendly. He emailed and called a lot to make sure that we could expedite it. The oxygen concentrator has been awesome. My mother unpacked it, plugged it in and it worked perfectly. Also, it was super-simple. My mother has been great. She has been able to get out of the place, go shopping, visit my house and friends since having it.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My father has COPD and I bought a portable oxygen concentrator for him from Pure Medical, which was the one that I found on the internet. My father has more freedom to go out and do more stuff because he just has this small little portable instead of having something bigger. The sales team was great to work with, very informative, answered all my questions and helped me in making an informed decision about what unit I needed to get. It was a great experience with Pure Medical.

Pure Medical expert review by Kathryn Parkman

Shop from 9 different portable oxygen concentrator packages with a variety of options. Prices will vary depending on needs and uses, but all POCs come with a manufacturer’s warranty.

• Custom packages: The experts at Pure Medical are available around the clock to help you create your customized portable oxygen concentrator package that best works for your needs and lifestyle

• Price match: POCs start at $1,835 and Pure Medical offers a price-matching guarantee.

• Repairs: Pure Medical offers help trouble-shooting any issues that come up with your portable oxygen concentrator and if they cannot fix it, they will ship your POC to the manufacturer for repairs.

• Active lifestyle: All 9 POCs that are available weigh under 6 pounds, which makes it easier for you to keep your lifestyle active.

Profile picture of Kathryn Parkman
Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Pure Medical Company Information