Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.51/5

ProForm Treadmills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I would recommend to anyone to not buy from this company!!! I bought a ProForm treadmill earlier this year, (in June 6, 2020) and for the 4 months I had the treadmill, it was only functional for 1 WEEK!! After the 1st week the treadmill belt stopped working, so Proform would constantly have to send us new parts to "fix" the treadmill. The people on Proform Live Chat were also not the nicest people to text, and was sometimes just very rude, and would hang up on me when they did not want to help/wait for me to "open the machine to look at a certain part".

I also paid an a lot of money for the 3 year warranty/protection plan, thinking someone would COME to put the parts in and fix it, BUT NO, they make YOU open the machine and send the part to you, so YOU can fix the treadmill!! I asked what was the point of buying the expensive warranty/protection plan (which is supposed to have someone come fix it), if I'm doing all the work?? They told me that it's "only for big replacements". After 4 months of constantly having to fix the machine just having to go back and talking to the rude people on Proform live chat to wait 7-10 business days to just replace ANOTHER part that was also very hard to replace had me fed up.

I asked the person on Proform live chat for a replacement (which says replacements are included in the paid for warranty/protection plan), then the person told me that the "replacement" is only through parts. So the only way they can "replace" the machine is by sending me all the separate pieces so I will have to put all the pieces together. After that, I immediately went to Walmart to ask for my refund. I told them my issues with the product and the company, and I got a full refund . I would recommend to anyone to just save up for a NordicTrack or some other well known brands, because that is what I am doing. Having a Proform Treadmill was a nightmare, and I will never go through that again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I purchased a Proform Treadmill Sept 3rd. The website said it will ship in 2-4 days. I was informed that due to high demand it would not ship until Oct 16th. Well Oct 16th came and went. I called and was told it would now ship Oct 31. Well Oct 31st came and went. I called again and they said they would transfer me to someone who could help me. They put me on hold for 25 minutes. Never picked up!!!

I called again and then was told it will ship the end on November around the 27th. When I asked for a guarantee since we are going on 3 months now they said well that's when we might get some more in stock but I can't guarantee they will ship it to you. If you want a treadmill DO NOT ORDER FROM PROFORM!!! It will take six months to a year to fill your order!! They will keep giving you the runaround with changing dates, leaving you hanging or just put you on hold and not answer the phone. This company has NO COMMUNICATION between production, sales and shipping!

Get buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

We purchased a treadmill and got it after 3 weeks! Assembled and turned it on but the belt is not running at all! Spoke with an agent ang sent us some replacement wires cause it might be the problem.. The wires came and replaced but still the belt is not moving. We thought of returning it cause it’s not working anyways. Just so disappointing and frustrating! Spoke again with an agent and told us that we have to pay for the shipping fee $250 plus restocking fee! 100$ Plus half of the 10% cause the agent waived the half.. WOW! Just wow! It’s not our fault that they sent us a DEFECTIVE MACHINE! And now they will let us pay for the returns.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Purchased ProForm HIIT Trainer in Oct 2018. Major parts under warranty are broken, took 5 months to get them. They couldn’t give me an estimated delivery date, canceled the backorder and I was on my own to find them. $210 in svc so far, and they want to charge $170 to install the latest part that just arrived. Submitted multiple complaints, they don’t care. Horrible service. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Let the phone ring forever. No one answers. When I finally got through they passed me off and back to holding. Never did they pick up. Sent numerous emails to customers service, still no replies! Such a disappointment.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

If someone is looking to purchase a treadmill I strongly recommend NOT buying a Pro-form product. I received the Pro-form City T7, assembled it and noticed several scraps and scuffs like it had been used, possibly a return or was a reconditioned unit. The incline feature did not work. It said it was at 0% when it was actually at 6%. Way too high for a 63 year old to be starting out at. I contacted Pro-form via e-mail and received a case number (**) and was told someone would contact me shortly. That was on 8/29/2020. It is now 9/06/2020 and haven't received any help. Also tried "support line" but was put on hold for an eternity. I waited 45 minutes one time. Once again DO NOT buy a Pro-form product.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

For the love of God, heed the negative reviews!!! I ordered a ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill in late July. Once I received the product I found it had a serious safety issue. It would not maintain the speed setting when at an incline of 10% or more. So, you would be at a full sprint regardless of your set speed. Call support and dealt with the incompetence from start to finish. They shipped out a front roller but I could never get an In-home tech to come install it. Confident the roller was not the issues. Researching the internet I found similar reported issues with no fix.

Approaching my 30-day return window I decided to cut my losses and return the product. Regardless of the defect and safety issue, I was required to pay a $250.00 and 10% restocking fee. This company basically stole $426.00. This is a 1 billion a year company and this is how they treat the consumer. I'll try and disputed with my CC once the return has been processed but doubtful I will get my money back. Believe the negative reviews you see posted online and do not do business with this company or any of its subs.

Original review: July 22, 2020

ORDER PF **. I orders a ProForm treadmill on their website and then cancelled (or tried to cancel) the order the next day. You can't reach them on a weekend, the chat people were available but not at all helpful. They insisted the treadmill had shipped already so it was too late to cancel but subsequently I received emails confirming it was shipped but the message itself indicated it was only scheduled for shipping. My numerous emails to various parts of the ProForm organization been ignored and their receipt not even been acknowledged. They intend to charge me shipping and restocking fees despite being informed within a day of the order to cancel the order. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. I was unable to include copies of emails and screen shots to this site.

Original review: June 24, 2020

This is the first time I've written a bad review for anyone. Five months ago we bought a ProForm Premier 900 treadmill from a local retailer who's been in business for over 20 years. We were having intermittent problems with the console shutting down while using the machine. Called the retailer and they turned out to be completely unresponsive forcing us to call the manufacturer directly. After almost an hour on hold, we were informed that the retailer was not one of their retail partners and therefore our one-year warranty would not be honored. Not sure what our recourse will be with both the retailer and ProForm, but between a faulty expensive machine and a company that refuses to honor its warranty, ProFrom gets an "F."

Original review: June 5, 2020

I placed an order for a mid-priced treadmill due to the shipping speed and great reviews. Every other option had a later shipping date due to high demand. I received one follow up email regarding buying an extended warranty, was sent a link which led to a dead end. I responded back and got no response. I call 4 days after my expected ship date and was told that they didn’t have enough of that model to ship so it’s going to be delayed. I asked how long and the man just said “I don’t know, a few weeks”. I demanded a time frame considering I didn’t get notification on this and was told a date. That date was just a few days ago.

For the past 2 days I’ve been calling and emailing with no response. I finally get through and was told it’s on back order, again I asked a date and was transferred to a different department where I was on hold for 25 minutes until I finally hung up. I called a few more times, using the option to leave a call back number. I got a call back 2 hours later but the second I answered the phone, they hung up. So I repeated the process and again same thing. Late last night I emailed asking for cancellation and refund. First thing this morning I got confirmation of cancellation. Email was short and unprofessional “Your order has been cancelled. THank you” (yes thank you spelled wrong quickly). No name nothing. I’m appalled at how terrible the customer service, or should I say lack there of. I understand times are troubling and they are busy but that’s no way to treat PAYING customers.

ProForm Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.

• Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.

• Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.

• Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.

• 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

ProForm Treadmills Company Information