3.5/5 (188 ratings)

About ProForm Treadmills

ProForm Treadmills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I am extremely disappointed in this company. I purchased a treadmill on December 8th. It has never worked. I have spent almost 24 hours on the phone with support, been transferred between departments with no results. The first piece they thought I needed took over a week and didn’t work. I have now waited almost two weeks for the next piece they think May fix the problem. I would like some results. Also I haven’t been able to use this and my one month free iFit is up and now I will be charged.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Bought the pro9000 first of December from the website via online customer service. (If you are looking to buy something they are all over it). Promised delivery by 12/24 of Pro9000 treadmill. I have called them at least 15 times. Sometimes someone answers and says I will get a manager to call you. Pretty sure there is no manager. They will not offer another option for a phone number. At this point I just want to cancel the order that I do not have but am already being charged for the APP. But this has also proved to be very impossible. Currently on a 45 min hold. This is a big company with serious customer service issues. I highly suggest avoid wasting your money and time. I am just going to file a complaint with my credit card. I give them a -0

Get buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

I purchased my Proform pro 9000 treadmill in 08/2022 for $1500. It is now 12/2022 my console screen started shutting off while on treadmill. It came back on so I finished my workout. The next day the screen would come on then go off. Treadmill would not work. I tried calling for several days but was on hold for 30 minutes to over an hour. I finally got thru on a chat to where we got it into privilege mode. But I still could not do what he wanted me to do because the screen kept shutting off. They suggested I call them. That chat lasted an hour and 45 minutes.

I finally got thru by phone was transferred several times. Was told to download an app so they could see my treadmill and what it was actually doing. During this download we were disconnected. I called back and got right thru, had to explain everything again. Connected call was horrible along with his dogs barking in the background. 1 1/2 hrs later was told I needed a new console. He took pictures of console and waited for approval, told me it would take 2-5 business days to get part. Then he said he would have to transfer me to service/parts dept. The man I spoke with didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. He thought I was just trying to order a console on my own. I had to explain everything again then he wanted a pic of my screen then he said I didnt need a console and was going to transfer me to the correct dept.

I got transferred to another customer that was on hold waiting for customer service. By this time I was in tears. I had been standing on my treadmill for 4 hrs. My legs and back were killing me especially since my back surgery, that's why I need my treadmill so I can walk so I don't stiffen up. I finally was able to call back 4 days later. Was told a console had already been ordered, the day I was on the phone with them. I was told it would take 2 weeks to 2 months before it would get shipped. He could not give me any kind of confirmation # for the order. I was just given a part #. Was told I would get an email when part shipped.

This is ridiculous! I have used this treadmill for 4 months. I walk not run. I have to keep moving or my whole body starts to stiffen up. My husband had taken our 2000 model Proform to Goodwill the week before. I wish I had it back. They never offered to send a technician. I was told they were very behind on emails as to why no one had responded to me that way. Customer support does not even know how to diagnose any problems. I had to take some of it apart while we were on phone. Now if I get the console I have to take the one on it off?! I’m not a technician. I have a $1500 piece of junk sitting in the middle of my bedroom. Do Not Buy!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

I purchased a Pro 9000 treadmill. We switched the running platform twice, the control panel twice as well. Now it seems that the shock absorbers or something in there is broken. It makes a noise and the platform board stops when you run. And when you call customer service it takes forever for them to answer your call. If they order parts, they also take a very long time to arrive, you have to replace it yourself. When I purchased the extended warranty, it says that they will send a technician to replace any parts needed but not all the time I have to replace the parts myself. This machine is not very reliable. I'm very disappointed, frustrated.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I would like to say something positive about ProForm owned by I-Con but I just Cannot. Customer service is the worse. Almost non-existent. Bought a treadmill defective on delivery and all they would do is give me the run around for almost 6 weeks. Never worked and had no faith in them. I said I wanted to return it and they said they were going to keep almost $400.00 of my money. I only had it for 3 weeks but it was defective on delivery, they said they would fix it but then I got the run around from them.

They would not answer the phone, not answer any e-mails pertaining to the problem. They said they want to charge me $250.00 to pick it up and also not refund me another $99.00 for the "white glove service" they initially charged me for. This is for a product that ON DELIVERY, the belt was bad and I was told by them not to use it. Then they said they were going to replace the belt and it never arrived, again giving me the run around saying it should eventually come. Really you're going to charge me all this money for something I never could use. They basically do not contact you on matters that are important.

They charge your credit card then when it comes to customer service, they just do not care and to think after all that, they would say, "Yep we blew it so we are not going to keep all this money from you" but nope, they put the burden on you. So instead of making people happy especially when they had dropped the ball they would rather keep a lot of your money. After 20 phone calls, being put on hold for hours and hours never getting through I would just hang up. Countless e-mails to them to no avail. Finally, after all that I finally got through (I felt I had just had won the lottery) and was told "Oh we have just been busy" ..OBTW I ordered their Pro-form T-10 Treadmill from their company website.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I purchased the treadmill 11/20. I bought the extended warranty and extended service plan. I have been keeping up on services and making sure I’m doing everything right. My console stopped working. Tech said it needs replaced. I called and was told I’m not under warranty, even though I purchased an extended warranty. The console for my machine is out of stock. I’m stuck with a machine I can’t use or even fix. I was transferred around a couple times then transferred to iFIT, who then said they were transferring me back to ProForm customer care because they can’t help. Then I was disconnected! I’m incredibly upset and disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I bought my treadmill 11/2019. With that I also purchased the extended warranty. I have had connection issues with it since I have had it and it is NOT my internet. It would also lose my login information for iFit all the time. The screen started flashing iFit yesterday and after over an hour on the phone with them and being transferred 5 times, I hung up and called a treadmill repair company. I will NEVER purchase anything from them again. I am so furious and I am $200.00 from paying the piece of junk off.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

The physical treadmill itself works just fine - no complaint there. The software is extremely annoying if you do not choose to use an iFit subscription - every time I use the treadmill I need to decline to set up wifi and select "manual start" which is a 3 step process. I guess everyone is expected to hook every appliance in your house to the internet these days, but I am not interested in that.

My principal complaint is with the "free trial" of the iFit program that I was signed up for. As I mentioned, I didn't want to use it, so I never even tried it. However, a year later, I found that I was billed $420 for an annual renewal! I did not sign in to the website, so I thought I was safe from auto-renewal, but no, ProForm "helpfully" transferred my credit card information from the treadmill purchase to the iFit subscription. And ProForm are refusing to give me a refund!

I have no doubt I simply missed something in the fine print (and probably an email, too) but this is a terrible scam in my opinion. I would not recommend purchasing anything from ProForm!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I had no problems with the treadmill after getting it and using it for months. Suddenly in February it accelerated without prompting to the fastest speed available. I was yelling for my family to help. The treadmill threw me off onto the floor on my face. I was bruised all up on side of my body and my shoulder and knee were both very injured. Though I was thankful there was no head or neck injury, these injuries are still under treatment and have turned my life upside down. The MRI of my shoulder showed extensive damage and I received steroid shot and PT but I still develop debilitating painful stiffness.

At one time I could not even wash my own hair and driving although I have started again continues to flare it up. My knee is under treatment now and has cause terrific pain. It was a terrifying experience and I will never get on that treadmill again. I cannot safely sell it as I do not want anyone else to be hurt by this product. So I am stuck with injuries that are taking a long time to heal and a huge treadmill folded up in my garage. This is very unfair. I will not resell it with the chance of it hurting someone else. I saw on the reviews that this happened to a lady named Raquel. Company please take this seriously. You are in the health business but you have cause injuries to customers health. Please contact me and tell me what to do. I am stuck with the bad merchandise which I will never use again and also with long lasting injuries still in the process of healing.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

My treadmill starts malfunctioning in a year. I thought I were lucky enough since I paid for a 3 years warranty. This come the nightmare, they couldn't locate my extended warranty in their system after charging me for $175. First the machine broke down in a year and now they couldn't find my warranty; how could I trust this company. Definitely avoid ProForm if possible.

ProForm Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.

• Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.

• Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.

• Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.

• 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Advisor

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

ProForm Treadmills Company Information