ProForm Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Nice and quiet for night time operating so others can sleep soundly. Easy control for speed at which I wanted to go. Kept it for years. It was even easy to work on the one time I rebuilt the motor. There was not cushions on my treadmill that I use. It was a sturdy frame with height adjustment for an inclined run. It was bought and used for exercise not for entertainment purposes. I got on and ran or walk as I seen fit to do so. No entertaining value. I bought my treadmill used at a flea market. It was about half the price and I talked the person down another $10 before I agreed to buy it from them.

I use it all the time. It's so helpful for me when I just want to run or do certain types of challenges. I love it a lot and hope many others will use it too. It's great! It's so soft and feels like you are running on air. It's helpful for those who might have foot problems! Love it lots! There are so many features for entertainment. It's awesome! It's good to sometimes get distracted from the pain. There is just a wonderful entertainment system. This product is so valuable to me because it keeps me in shape and I don't have to buy clothes for different sizes if I use it constantly.

It was a really good treadmill that lasted a very long time. It has multiple speeds and inclines. You definitely got a workout on it. It was very comfortable. I would walk up to 30 minutes and my feet would not even be a little sore. It was very enjoyable to walk on. It did not have many entertainment options. It was your basic treadmill. It would calculate how much you walked though so that was nice. The value was great. I was able to walk whenever I wanted to, day or night, summer or winter. It was perfect. Just hop on the treadmill and walk while watching a show.

Fast with no problems. No slow downs. Not even with my husband who is a 300 pounds man. Never skipped a beat. Reclined without a problem and never lost power. This product had enough cushion to support us and made us feel like we were walking on air! No bouncing! Cushion in the right place and enough of it to last. Had lots of options that I did not understand. Things for a mp 3 player. I do not own a mp3 player but it did have programs that you could work out with. The treadmill was a little expensive but worth every penny. All the options and cushions. I would recommend it to someone who wanted to lose weight or just exercise.

The treadmill ran very well. I never had any issues out of the motor. I used it for two years and only got rid of it because I didn't have the room for it anymore. Very comfortable running on it and had the perfect amount of cushion on it for maximum comfort without hurting my feet. I have issues with my feet and cushion was one of the main selling points on getting this treadmill over other models. I love the entertainment options on this treadmill. My favorite part is that I can hook up my iPod and it is also Bluetooth enabled. It also came with preloaded workout apps that have helped keep me on track. I was able to get this on sale so I was very happy about that. It has also added value to my life and helped my health become so much better. I actually enjoy exercising on this because I can just turn on my iPod and get lost in it and I don't even realize I'm working out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Can use at different speeds and have been using for 10 years so it is reliable, I like to use a slower mode to walk which makes it more usable. It could use more cushion but it's been easy to use and it has enough absorption for running. I prefer to walk now but used to run on it and found no problems with the cushion. There are no entertainment options on this model. I usually watch a movie on the tv set near the treadmill. There is a rack to put a book or magazine on, but I find it too hard to read when running or walking. I don't remember the cost because it's been about 10 years. I researched a lot of machines and this one had just what I wanted for the price. I didn't want one with all the bells and whistles.

ProForm treadmill motor is durable. It is of high quality and assures long term use. It does not require frequent repairs. Regardless of the weight of a user, its motor doesn't overheat. The padding of the cushion is very consistent with the deck. The cushion makes the impact of running or walking on the joints less severe. Its cushion protects the back and other parts of the body from aches. ProForm treadmill has a well-cushioned deck that feels comfortable, doesn't wear out easily and reduces the risk of injury. Each fitness treadmill has built-in sound system and Wifi. ProForm has an iPod compatible audio port. Speakers and a tablet holder are well equipped on the machine. Its entertainment features make workout enjoyable. It has a good value. Prices differ depending on one's preference. Be assured that quality isn't compromised with ProForm. Each part of the treadmill is designed to withstand pressure and tedious workouts.

It goes to whatever you set the motor on, if you want fast it'll be fast. If you want to go a little bit slower you can set it to that. It runs very smoothly and works so well. It's very soft and has a memory foam like texture to it. It is perfect because sometimes seats can hurt to sit on for long periods of time. But not this one. It was very easy to hook up with entertainment. I love listening to music or watching TV while I workout on the treadmill. Makes the time pass quickly. For the value of the treadmill it works great. The treadmill is perfectly priced and valuable. You get your money's worth for sure.

The treadmill's motor is not too big nor is it too loud. It can be cleaned very easily. It has lasted five years so far with just a couple of cleanings. The treadmill's cushion is absolutely comfortable. It is not too hard and not too soft. It feels like you are walking on air. It is totally worth the buy. It has a few entertainment options. It has a plugin that you can plug your phone to load music on and it has different scenes such as mountains. You can feel as though you are walking in the mountains. This has given me the drive to wake up daily and push myself to use it daily to reach my fitness and health goals. It has made my life so much easier.

The motor on my treadmill is amazing. It's still working like brand new with no issues ever. I'm definitely happy I purchased this brand. Definitely has amazing cushion in step. I have a ton of problem with my back just waking but with this treadmill I've had less pain in my back from using. I definitely love the entertainment options on my treadmill. It exceeded in what I was looking for with tracking, keeping memory, and all the other extras it came with I didn't expect. Definitely worth the price I paid for it. I got than I was expecting with what I had to purchase with money wise. I am very happy with the one I picked for the price it was.

Very pleased with the treadmill motor. The motor offered good power to offer multiple speeds depending on the level of exercising you wanted to do. The treadmill offered good cushioning to help you walk or run longer. The treadmill has a good feel that offered excellent support for your feet. This treadmill does not offer any entertainment features. The most it has on the treadmill is the book holder to place any reading material. The treadmill has helped us to have extra energy to deal with our day to day living. We feel better and stay more active due to its use.

It's a very nice motor. It does not make a lot of noise when it is on. It uses electric. It is a very quiet machine. I love how quiet it is compared to other brands. It's soft on your feet. I have only used socks once and it felt weird so from then on I go upstairs and put my sneakers on to use it. Mine came with a radio and a headphone jack. I love that I could jam out to the radio and use my headphones. Awesome. I also have the option to use my phone for like pandora. For the price I paid it's a wonderful value. I think I got mine for a great price. I paid 100 off of a garage sale site. Very awesome deal. I would pay full price for it also.

I did some research online looking for a treadmill. We were looking for a treadmill with swing technology. I placed my order online and I had an awesome experience purchasing it. It arrived on time and the people delivered it inside like they advertised they would. The treadmill was very easy to put together. The engine is quiet and well functioning. The cushion is fairly comfortable. In my personal opinion, I believe the cushion could have more bounce back. Overall the cushion is good. We got the basic model as we are more focused on exercise and less focused on many of the bells and whistles offered for the fancier models. Putting a treadmill in our home was one of the best decisions we ever made! This machine is so easy to use and helps support a healthier lifestyle!

The motor on my Proform treadmill was very powerful and strong. It helped me to do my workouts fast and at an increased rate. I would recommend it to anyone. The cushion on my Proform treadmill is very comfortable and I can do my whole workout with no discomfort whatsoever. I really enjoy the entertainment options as well. It has a TV, radio built-in. And I can plug in my iPod as well. I can even charge my cellphone from my Proform treadmill as well. The value was wonderful for my Proforma treadmill. I did get financial for the product. But it was still great value and overall quality.

The treadmill's motor is powerful enough to handle my running space, but sometimes seems to lag a bit. It does catch up on it own after a couple of seconds though. The cushion is comfortable enough that I can comfortably run barefoot on the treadmill at a decent pace. I am comfortable on it with just socks, shoes and socks or barefoot. There are no entertainment options on my particular treadmill. I would very much enjoy one that has a tv built in to so that it seems that I am running through a particular area. The price I paid for this treadmill was reasonable and fair.

The motor runs smoothly and doesn't bog down or anything like that. The motor is pretty smooth running and relatively quiet. The cushion is ok. Not very soft but not very firm either. Doesn't hurt my feet when I'm running which is definitely a plus when running on a treadmill. Mine doesn't have entertainment options. It's just a regular plain Jane treadmill just has speed controls but I definitely wish it came with something entertaining on it. It was on sale and definitely in my price range so it was a score on my end. They usually run way high in the price range but I got lucky with mine.

Quiet and gets the job done. Speeds increase/decrease as needed. Smooth. Not jerky as some treadmills can be. A simple way to help lose weight or maintain weight, without too much sweat if you don't wish to. Cushioning is not bad. Not exactly walking on marshmallows, but a soft but firm walking experience. Doesn't seem to cause any foot/leg excess wear. No entertainment options included with this one. Of course you could always attach a phone, tablet on laptop if you wanted. I find the walking is enough to do without adding more. The value seems to be about even with other treadmills similar to it. Gives me the ability to walk indoors without all the outdoor fric and frac to deal with. Cold/Heat. Other People/animals. etc.

My treadmill worked well for as long as we owned it. The part you walk on was hard and not cushioned at all. There seemed to be a soft cushioned handle. There were no entertainment options on the model I owned. The item was a very basic treadmill with no frills. Only options to adjust incline and speed. I was happy with the value for what I paid, would expect more from a more expensive model if I have chosen to spend more money I would have purchased and own with more accessories.

The motor was more than enough as I never had any issues and it never faltered. It allowed me to use an incline or not, adjust my speed as desired, always kept the belt moving based on my settings. The cushion was adequate for me. I personally have a very heavy pounding step on any treadmill and this one was no different. The issue is me, not the equipment. I did not get the ultimate model, so my entertainment options were minimal but that was my choice. I like to read while on the treadmill so I did not have a need for anything else and it kept the cost down. My treadmill does exactly what I want. It allows me to exercise indoors at my discretion, when I desire, for as long as I desire. It does take up some room in my house but the convenience of having my own treadmill is the offset.

The motor is really quiet and smooth, and the time is great unlike other treadmills, and it's fun to use, and you will have a blast using it. It is reliable, and easy to get on and off, and it's trustworthy, and it won't break down at all. It is awesome and loyalty, and you will have fun and lots of blast to work out to lose the weight that you need to. It's healthy and wonderful, and cool to use.

First off the motor probably has enough power to make this treadmill perfect for a mouse. Need I say anymore. This whole product is very low quality. I think maybe this cushion is about the only thing on the whole piece of equipment that's at least middle quality. You can at least fill it. It does have a lil cushion. I don't know how this company ever stayed in business because their products are not worth a dime. They are just a piece of equipment that sits around taking up space. There is no appropriate value for this except zero and I wouldn't rate it one cent more. I couldn't even give mine away trying to get rid of it. Junk.

Not loud at all. I would buy again. If it weren't for a friend referencing it when she talked to me I would have never bought it at all. The treadmill is very nice and easy to put together and very easy to use and operate. I would highly suggest this to everyone... This treadmill is the best thing I could ever think of buying along with referring. I would think that anyone not buying this would be crazy. It is very nice entertainment options. There is so much things it can offer, speeds and much more. The treadmill I personally think that if you don't buy this you will be regretting it when you don't buy it. This is the best option. This is the best bang for your buck.

The motor is powerful enough to give a powerful workout. Describing the treadmill's motor is fairly simple - it holds a ton of weight. I have had no problems with mine. Treadmills cushion felt great. The material was leather but the inside was caught. It was extremely comfortable. Entertainment options include plugging in your mp3 turning on a live walk-through session and running your butt off. You have to be fairly into wanting to run because in order for this to be considered entertainment you would need something to do to keep your mind occupied. Well initially when I got it I wanted to lose weight but now that I see it's more of a life change diet and I am losing weight. I guess I would have to say that the value of that this product is added to my life has been well my life.

It runs well and is powerful enough to handle running and walking at various inclines for my husband, myself, and 2 teenage boys. We love it because we can work out and are not dependent upon going to a gym, nor are we dependent upon having good weather to work out. It seems fine for us. It feels springy and absorbs impact well. Our family is of average weight and build. (No one is more than 200 pounds). It does not have fancy entertainment options. There is no monitor for tv viewing or virtual reality. I don't even think there are MP3 audio capabilities. However, we listen to our own music in the room at home or we watch TV while we use the treadmill. We got a good working treadmill that has the ability to customize workouts, and it was less than $500. For what we got, it seems like a good value to me.

The other reviews are short of the mark. ProForm is worse! No email replies. On only one of many calls did someone answer, and only after a very long wait. I asked my support question for my model 5000 treadmill and a man said he did not know and I should hang on hold. Well, 25 minutes later I hung up. I have tried many times but they are impossible to contact and do not help if you get through! I suggest the only way is to bombard the home office with letters.

I have had the nightmare of my life with this company. This started back in December of 2015. I ordered a Boston Marathon Treadmill, with iFit, special warranty, delivery, and setup. I have spent thousands of dollars and I still do not have a working product. Whenever I call it falls into 3 categories, never ending wait time, never ending wait time and it hangs up on me, or I get a human who sympathizes with me but nothing can ever be done.

The first time I ordered it, it was on backorder. The company never communicates to the customer that everything is on backorder all the time. Then it is finally shipped, except it is damaged and it must be sent back to the company. Second, treadmill is ordered. What a surprise, it is on backorder and the company fails to tell me. Finally, and I mean after months, I get it. The first time it was supposed to be set up, the delivery company could not do it so it got sent back to the warehouse. They hire another company to set it up and they are able to set up my treadmill. It works kind of.

I wait to complain and keep trying to use it, but it the console does not communicate properly. When I pull the safety key, the belt keeps moving, I try to sign into Google Maps with iFit, it works sporadically. If I stop the treadmill and try to press resume, it does one of two things. The screen says the belt is moving but it is not. And it is completely frozen and I have to take the key out (which does nothing and I can not shut it down) and I am left to hit the reset button. I have to relaunch the whole system. Plus, my treadmill when it reaches a decline of -1.0 up to a 2.5 incline will make a knocking noise when I run.

I have called this company so many times. Right now, guess what I have an estimated wait time of more than 9 minutes for the last 50 minutes. I hope I get to talk to a person, but most likely it will hang up on me again. I have called, happy, swearing, practically crying and no one cares. One representative even told me he would be upset, and told me that if he were me they would give up. After trying to configure iFit several times and talking to countless people, never a manager because they refuse to give the phone to the manager, they will order me a new console and will be in, in two weeks. A month later, it's on backorder. I call to complain because once again, no can effectively communicate that everything is on backorder. Then I call back and it is in and will be shipping soon, but they can't give me an exact delivery date. I ask for an estimate, can't do that either, but at least it is in.

Two more weeks later. Nothing! I call again, oh it is magically on back order again. I am now swearing and beside myself. We are on month 8. Now I am approaching month 9 and I finally get someone to ship me a new console. It comes in, with no instructions. I am trying to disassemble the console to notice that whoever built it stripped the screws and it is impossible to take apart. I had asked to send this back but because I am past my 30 days, I can not return it. I told the representative, I should have 30 days of a WORKING treadmill to make my decision if I want it. Unfortunately, 9 months later, that still has not happened.

I am... I don't know what I am, well... I'm screwed that's for sure. I purchased Proform 2016 Treadmill from HSN, like the end of June the 11th. It was like July when I got the thing. My wife and I put it together, turned it on and used it like 4 days in a row. On the 5th day, I flipped the switch to turn it on, and nothing came on but the FAN. I contact them about it, girl on the other end had No clue. She goes and speaks with her colleagues and comes back with a so called answer, "it's your Wire Harness. I'm going to send you one for free (ya damn right for Free) and I'm going to also order you a controller too, just in case". Took 2 weeks for wire harness, installed it. Still a No Go.

Another 2 weeks for controller, installed it. No Go. In between all that waiting, I talked to someone else and they decided to send me a whole new console, WITH a tech for free (ya damn right for Free). At the time of me typing this, I've been waiting on that console which is supposedly on Back Order or whatever the OP status means for exactly 2 Weeks now. Meanwhile, I've talked to the Tech and we're both like, he may as well not come until the damn console gets to me, I've got more talk time in with him, than with Proform.

Also, my BRAND NEW treadmill sits in my back room, USELESS! (I could have placed over 10 profane before the word useless just then, but I'm trying to hold it together) while this unprofessional non-sense goes on. I mean, how the heck do you manufacture a machine and do not have part at the ready for if/when it fails, well, I now feel like if it's a Proform product, it's definitely "WHEN" it fails.

Title of this post is "I'm Heartbroke and Pissed." I'm heartbroke, because before this, every piece of fitness equipment I ever purchased, with the exception of a Weider multi system from Sears, has been from Proform. And over that time, I've had small issues, that I guess, I just gave them the benefit of the doubt and overlooked or swept to the side. But I can Promise Up To The Heavens Above, they have lost me as a Customer with this crap of a purchase. I am HIGHLY upset about this.

I had my wife motivated to start working out for her health, finally looked like I had her enjoying working out those few days on the Treadmill and then to have this happen, to such a large investment. It took something out of her for sure, but this even got to ME. I haven't wanted to work out, because it was just discouraging. We had planned so much on that Treadmill, even purchased a yearly IFIT account. Man, this Hurt Proform, I'm telling you, this hurt!

The thing is too big and cumbersome to be trying to package back up and send it back, else I'd got my damn money back, but at this point I just want it fixed and then, my remedy is to never buy ANYTHING, not even a pair of freakin Proform Gloves, if they make me, ever again. And to tell all my Social Media friends and followers the same thing, family, the same thing. Anyone who asks me for recommendations, it won't be Proform. Matter fact, if it's another company that even has PRO in "their" damn name, I won't recommend them. Shame on yall Proform. Crappy Parts, Crappy Service. Crappy Rectifying Times. Proform = Crap! in "MY" opinion now.

We bought a ProForm 995i treadmill less than a year ago. It became apparent to us immediately it was cheaply made. Within eight months the console died. When I contacted customer support, since it was under warranty, my request was dealt with swiftly. However, after ordering the part it took more than 10 days to ship a replacement, and five days later I'm still waiting for it to show up. No reason I should have to wait over two weeks for it. When I tried contact customer support I received no responses. Absolute failure -- both in product and service.

ProForm customer care and service are real bad. The machine isn't so good either. I cannot describe how bad in a word since it's just horrible. Never had a experience like this. I should have not bought this mediocre product from the beginning. My treadmill were delivered by unskillful 2 young men with pants down halfway to their knee (I had to pay $300 extra for it) and was not installed properly from day 1. Even my machine was under the warranty, the customer care to take care of the issue was a bad horrifying experience itself. Just make me imagine how I would be treated if it was out of warranty. It's been almost a year and I still haven't had a repair yet. Do not waste your money with this company. They just don't care about you other than selling you a machine.

We ordered a $3k treadmill from ProForm. It was not delivered when promised and there was no communication from the company about the delay. Instead, we had to badger them multiple times over 2 months in order to have the treadmill we paid for shipped to us. We paid an extra $99 during the initial order process to have the treadmill delivered and installed into our home. Instead, the 500lb+ unit was dropped on our porch a day earlier than our pre-arranged Saturday delivery window. The enormous box was positioned to block our front door and the porch was badly damaged during the delivery process.

The ProForm customer service agents via chat and phone offered zero help on Friday afternoon and the company's service center was closed the rest of the weekend. We had to pay a moving company an additional $265 to move the treadmill from blocking our door and into the house. We're still trying to get a refund of the $100 and $265, but have consistently been given phone numbers by web chat agents that aren't answered or are wrong numbers. We submitted email complaints that continue to go unanswered. DO NOT BUY FROM PROFORM. This is the worst service I have ever experienced.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.
  • Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.
  • Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.
  • Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.
  • 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.
  • Best for ProForm treadmills are best for walkers, runners and elite runners.

Compare Treadmills