ProForm Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Very pleased with the treadmill motor. The motor offered good power to offer multiple speeds depending on the level of exercising you wanted to do. The treadmill offered good cushioning to help you walk or run longer. The treadmill has a good feel that offered excellent support for your feet. This treadmill does not offer any entertainment features. The most it has on the treadmill is the book holder to place any reading material. The treadmill has helped us to have extra energy to deal with our day to day living. We feel better and stay more active due to its use.

I did some research online looking for a treadmill. We were looking for a treadmill with swing technology. I placed my order online and I had an awesome experience purchasing it. It arrived on time and the people delivered it inside like they advertised they would. The treadmill was very easy to put together. The engine is quiet and well functioning. The cushion is fairly comfortable. In my personal opinion, I believe the cushion could have more bounce back. Overall the cushion is good. We got the basic model as we are more focused on exercise and less focused on many of the bells and whistles offered for the fancier models. Putting a treadmill in our home was one of the best decisions we ever made! This machine is so easy to use and helps support a healthier lifestyle!

The motor on my Proform treadmill was very powerful and strong. It helped me to do my workouts fast and at an increased rate. I would recommend it to anyone. The cushion on my Proform treadmill is very comfortable and I can do my whole workout with no discomfort whatsoever. I really enjoy the entertainment options as well. It has a TV, radio built-in. And I can plug in my iPod as well. I can even charge my cellphone from my Proform treadmill as well. The value was wonderful for my Proforma treadmill. I did get financial for the product. But it was still great value and overall quality.

The treadmill's motor is powerful enough to handle my running space, but sometimes seems to lag a bit. It does catch up on it own after a couple of seconds though. The cushion is comfortable enough that I can comfortably run barefoot on the treadmill at a decent pace. I am comfortable on it with just socks, shoes and socks or barefoot. There are no entertainment options on my particular treadmill. I would very much enjoy one that has a tv built in to so that it seems that I am running through a particular area. The price I paid for this treadmill was reasonable and fair.

The motor runs smoothly and doesn't bog down or anything like that. The motor is pretty smooth running and relatively quiet. The cushion is ok. Not very soft but not very firm either. Doesn't hurt my feet when I'm running which is definitely a plus when running on a treadmill. Mine doesn't have entertainment options. It's just a regular plain Jane treadmill just has speed controls but I definitely wish it came with something entertaining on it. It was on sale and definitely in my price range so it was a score on my end. They usually run way high in the price range but I got lucky with mine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Quiet and gets the job done. Speeds increase/decrease as needed. Smooth. Not jerky as some treadmills can be. A simple way to help lose weight or maintain weight, without too much sweat if you don't wish to. Cushioning is not bad. Not exactly walking on marshmallows, but a soft but firm walking experience. Doesn't seem to cause any foot/leg excess wear. No entertainment options included with this one. Of course you could always attach a phone, tablet on laptop if you wanted. I find the walking is enough to do without adding more. The value seems to be about even with other treadmills similar to it. Gives me the ability to walk indoors without all the outdoor fric and frac to deal with. Cold/Heat. Other People/animals. etc.

My treadmill worked well for as long as we owned it. The part you walk on was hard and not cushioned at all. There seemed to be a soft cushioned handle. There were no entertainment options on the model I owned. The item was a very basic treadmill with no frills. Only options to adjust incline and speed. I was happy with the value for what I paid, would expect more from a more expensive model if I have chosen to spend more money I would have purchased and own with more accessories.

The motor was more than enough as I never had any issues and it never faltered. It allowed me to use an incline or not, adjust my speed as desired, always kept the belt moving based on my settings. The cushion was adequate for me. I personally have a very heavy pounding step on any treadmill and this one was no different. The issue is me, not the equipment. I did not get the ultimate model, so my entertainment options were minimal but that was my choice. I like to read while on the treadmill so I did not have a need for anything else and it kept the cost down. My treadmill does exactly what I want. It allows me to exercise indoors at my discretion, when I desire, for as long as I desire. It does take up some room in my house but the convenience of having my own treadmill is the offset.

The motor is really quiet and smooth, and the time is great unlike other treadmills, and it's fun to use, and you will have a blast using it. It is reliable, and easy to get on and off, and it's trustworthy, and it won't break down at all. It is awesome and loyalty, and you will have fun and lots of blast to work out to lose the weight that you need to. It's healthy and wonderful, and cool to use.

First off the motor probably has enough power to make this treadmill perfect for a mouse. Need I say anymore. This whole product is very low quality. I think maybe this cushion is about the only thing on the whole piece of equipment that's at least middle quality. You can at least fill it. It does have a lil cushion. I don't know how this company ever stayed in business because their products are not worth a dime. They are just a piece of equipment that sits around taking up space. There is no appropriate value for this except zero and I wouldn't rate it one cent more. I couldn't even give mine away trying to get rid of it. Junk.

Not loud at all. I would buy again. If it weren't for a friend referencing it when she talked to me I would have never bought it at all. The treadmill is very nice and easy to put together and very easy to use and operate. I would highly suggest this to everyone... This treadmill is the best thing I could ever think of buying along with referring. I would think that anyone not buying this would be crazy. It is very nice entertainment options. There is so much things it can offer, speeds and much more. The treadmill I personally think that if you don't buy this you will be regretting it when you don't buy it. This is the best option. This is the best bang for your buck.

The motor is powerful enough to give a powerful workout. Describing the treadmill's motor is fairly simple - it holds a ton of weight. I have had no problems with mine. Treadmills cushion felt great. The material was leather but the inside was caught. It was extremely comfortable. Entertainment options include plugging in your mp3 turning on a live walk-through session and running your butt off. You have to be fairly into wanting to run because in order for this to be considered entertainment you would need something to do to keep your mind occupied. Well initially when I got it I wanted to lose weight but now that I see it's more of a life change diet and I am losing weight. I guess I would have to say that the value of that this product is added to my life has been well my life.

It runs well and is powerful enough to handle running and walking at various inclines for my husband, myself, and 2 teenage boys. We love it because we can work out and are not dependent upon going to a gym, nor are we dependent upon having good weather to work out. It seems fine for us. It feels springy and absorbs impact well. Our family is of average weight and build. (No one is more than 200 pounds). It does not have fancy entertainment options. There is no monitor for tv viewing or virtual reality. I don't even think there are MP3 audio capabilities. However, we listen to our own music in the room at home or we watch TV while we use the treadmill. We got a good working treadmill that has the ability to customize workouts, and it was less than $500. For what we got, it seems like a good value to me.

The other reviews are short of the mark. ProForm is worse! No email replies. On only one of many calls did someone answer, and only after a very long wait. I asked my support question for my model 5000 treadmill and a man said he did not know and I should hang on hold. Well, 25 minutes later I hung up. I have tried many times but they are impossible to contact and do not help if you get through! I suggest the only way is to bombard the home office with letters.

I have had the nightmare of my life with this company. This started back in December of 2015. I ordered a Boston Marathon Treadmill, with iFit, special warranty, delivery, and setup. I have spent thousands of dollars and I still do not have a working product. Whenever I call it falls into 3 categories, never ending wait time, never ending wait time and it hangs up on me, or I get a human who sympathizes with me but nothing can ever be done.

The first time I ordered it, it was on backorder. The company never communicates to the customer that everything is on backorder all the time. Then it is finally shipped, except it is damaged and it must be sent back to the company. Second, treadmill is ordered. What a surprise, it is on backorder and the company fails to tell me. Finally, and I mean after months, I get it. The first time it was supposed to be set up, the delivery company could not do it so it got sent back to the warehouse. They hire another company to set it up and they are able to set up my treadmill. It works kind of.

I wait to complain and keep trying to use it, but it the console does not communicate properly. When I pull the safety key, the belt keeps moving, I try to sign into Google Maps with iFit, it works sporadically. If I stop the treadmill and try to press resume, it does one of two things. The screen says the belt is moving but it is not. And it is completely frozen and I have to take the key out (which does nothing and I can not shut it down) and I am left to hit the reset button. I have to relaunch the whole system. Plus, my treadmill when it reaches a decline of -1.0 up to a 2.5 incline will make a knocking noise when I run.

I have called this company so many times. Right now, guess what I have an estimated wait time of more than 9 minutes for the last 50 minutes. I hope I get to talk to a person, but most likely it will hang up on me again. I have called, happy, swearing, practically crying and no one cares. One representative even told me he would be upset, and told me that if he were me they would give up. After trying to configure iFit several times and talking to countless people, never a manager because they refuse to give the phone to the manager, they will order me a new console and will be in, in two weeks. A month later, it's on backorder. I call to complain because once again, no can effectively communicate that everything is on backorder. Then I call back and it is in and will be shipping soon, but they can't give me an exact delivery date. I ask for an estimate, can't do that either, but at least it is in.

Two more weeks later. Nothing! I call again, oh it is magically on back order again. I am now swearing and beside myself. We are on month 8. Now I am approaching month 9 and I finally get someone to ship me a new console. It comes in, with no instructions. I am trying to disassemble the console to notice that whoever built it stripped the screws and it is impossible to take apart. I had asked to send this back but because I am past my 30 days, I can not return it. I told the representative, I should have 30 days of a WORKING treadmill to make my decision if I want it. Unfortunately, 9 months later, that still has not happened.

I am... I don't know what I am, well... I'm screwed that's for sure. I purchased Proform 2016 Treadmill from HSN, like the end of June the 11th. It was like July when I got the thing. My wife and I put it together, turned it on and used it like 4 days in a row. On the 5th day, I flipped the switch to turn it on, and nothing came on but the FAN. I contact them about it, girl on the other end had No clue. She goes and speaks with her colleagues and comes back with a so called answer, "it's your Wire Harness. I'm going to send you one for free (ya damn right for Free) and I'm going to also order you a controller too, just in case". Took 2 weeks for wire harness, installed it. Still a No Go.

Another 2 weeks for controller, installed it. No Go. In between all that waiting, I talked to someone else and they decided to send me a whole new console, WITH a tech for free (ya damn right for Free). At the time of me typing this, I've been waiting on that console which is supposedly on Back Order or whatever the OP status means for exactly 2 Weeks now. Meanwhile, I've talked to the Tech and we're both like, he may as well not come until the damn console gets to me, I've got more talk time in with him, than with Proform.

Also, my BRAND NEW treadmill sits in my back room, USELESS! (I could have placed over 10 profane before the word useless just then, but I'm trying to hold it together) while this unprofessional non-sense goes on. I mean, how the heck do you manufacture a machine and do not have part at the ready for if/when it fails, well, I now feel like if it's a Proform product, it's definitely "WHEN" it fails.

Title of this post is "I'm Heartbroke and Pissed." I'm heartbroke, because before this, every piece of fitness equipment I ever purchased, with the exception of a Weider multi system from Sears, has been from Proform. And over that time, I've had small issues, that I guess, I just gave them the benefit of the doubt and overlooked or swept to the side. But I can Promise Up To The Heavens Above, they have lost me as a Customer with this crap of a purchase. I am HIGHLY upset about this.

I had my wife motivated to start working out for her health, finally looked like I had her enjoying working out those few days on the Treadmill and then to have this happen, to such a large investment. It took something out of her for sure, but this even got to ME. I haven't wanted to work out, because it was just discouraging. We had planned so much on that Treadmill, even purchased a yearly IFIT account. Man, this Hurt Proform, I'm telling you, this hurt!

The thing is too big and cumbersome to be trying to package back up and send it back, else I'd got my damn money back, but at this point I just want it fixed and then, my remedy is to never buy ANYTHING, not even a pair of freakin Proform Gloves, if they make me, ever again. And to tell all my Social Media friends and followers the same thing, family, the same thing. Anyone who asks me for recommendations, it won't be Proform. Matter fact, if it's another company that even has PRO in "their" damn name, I won't recommend them. Shame on yall Proform. Crappy Parts, Crappy Service. Crappy Rectifying Times. Proform = Crap! in "MY" opinion now.

We bought a ProForm 995i treadmill less than a year ago. It became apparent to us immediately it was cheaply made. Within eight months the console died. When I contacted customer support, since it was under warranty, my request was dealt with swiftly. However, after ordering the part it took more than 10 days to ship a replacement, and five days later I'm still waiting for it to show up. No reason I should have to wait over two weeks for it. When I tried contact customer support I received no responses. Absolute failure -- both in product and service.

ProForm customer care and service are real bad. The machine isn't so good either. I cannot describe how bad in a word since it's just horrible. Never had a experience like this. I should have not bought this mediocre product from the beginning. My treadmill were delivered by unskillful 2 young men with pants down halfway to their knee (I had to pay $300 extra for it) and was not installed properly from day 1. Even my machine was under the warranty, the customer care to take care of the issue was a bad horrifying experience itself. Just make me imagine how I would be treated if it was out of warranty. It's been almost a year and I still haven't had a repair yet. Do not waste your money with this company. They just don't care about you other than selling you a machine.

We ordered a $3k treadmill from ProForm. It was not delivered when promised and there was no communication from the company about the delay. Instead, we had to badger them multiple times over 2 months in order to have the treadmill we paid for shipped to us. We paid an extra $99 during the initial order process to have the treadmill delivered and installed into our home. Instead, the 500lb+ unit was dropped on our porch a day earlier than our pre-arranged Saturday delivery window. The enormous box was positioned to block our front door and the porch was badly damaged during the delivery process.

The ProForm customer service agents via chat and phone offered zero help on Friday afternoon and the company's service center was closed the rest of the weekend. We had to pay a moving company an additional $265 to move the treadmill from blocking our door and into the house. We're still trying to get a refund of the $100 and $265, but have consistently been given phone numbers by web chat agents that aren't answered or are wrong numbers. We submitted email complaints that continue to go unanswered. DO NOT BUY FROM PROFORM. This is the worst service I have ever experienced.

I ordered this treadmill (ProForm 400i) on a Saturday night online. The next day my husband and I decided to cancel the order and purchase one in a store. Tried to call, could not get through. Decided to e-mail ProForm and cancel. This is Monday afternoon - was told via e-mail all cancellations had to be handled by phone. Started calling again on Tues am and was on hold TWICE for over an hour just trying to cancel. Was told treadmill was already on a truck - when I ordered it said 3 to 6 weeks. We decided we would keep it - received it about 2 weeks later. Husband put it together - (he is an engineer so he knows how to put stuff together). Everything worked fine except the INCLINE - it would not move over an inch. Husband started calling customer service, put on hold for a total of 2 hours over several different attempts to talk to anybody. Finally got a technician - said it was the motor or the incline. They would send one.

Receive it, took treadmill apart and replaced the motor. Incline still would not work. Started calling again - on hold several times and got another technician, he said "it must be the wiring harness." They would send one. We are in this for a month now - today the wiring harness arrived - husband replaced it. No change - incline still does not work. Called a new number that "Lindsay" from ProForm had left on our answering machine (probably since we have reported all of this to Better Business Bureau). Called that number and he was put on hold again!!! Finally got a representative who could not help - husband told them we were sold a defective treadmill and wanted our money back. In order to do that we have to pay $150.00 shipping and $60.00 restocking fee. This the worst company I have ever dealt with. I will never buy another ProForm anything and I encourage others not to as well! The worst customer service.

Highly disappointed with Pro-Form. I've been training to run a marathon and because of the weather, I finally decided to get a treadmill. I made the purchase on 02/18/16 (Boston Marathon 4.0 $3,000, you would think they would want to keep these types of customers). Everything went well with the assistance of the live chat rep and I was told that I would receive my order in 2 wks. Never was I informed that the treadmill was out of stock, on the web-page, by the live chat rep that assisted me with the order, or by email. Two weeks later, I contacted them to find out what was the status of the treadmill. That's when I found out that the product had not shipped and was out of order. But no worries, I was reassured by the customer representative that it was already in the process of shipping and that it would ship the next day at the latest.

Again and again I contacted them because the product had not shipped, with the same outcome. They were expecting a shipment on Sunday and the product would ship out on Monday. Today is Thursday, 3/10/16, and I contacted them again because again my product has still not shipped. Once they do end up shipping, it will take another 2 weeks to arrive at location. But yeah, thought I'd contacted them. Guess what I was told again? "Yes, tomorrow it should ship out." At this point I am considering calling tomorrow to have the order cancelled and having nothing to do with Pro-Form. Will I ever purchase anything from Pro-Form? Not very likely. Would I recommend Pro-Form to a friend? Not unless they are in absolutely no rush and are okay with waiting like 2 months to receive their product.

I ordered my treadmill on 2/3/16. Ordered the white glove delivery service. They delivered on 2/13/16, and the product was damaged. I was on hold with customer service for an hour and 30 minutes to get this corrected. Yes, you read that correctly. So I am not confident that this is going to go well. 12 days and I still don't have my treadmill.

Placed an order on December 25, 2015 for a ProForm 2000 treadmill. When ordering the treadmill I was give a code for a free work out mat. I received the treadmill but not the mat. On January 27, 2016 I spoke to Aaron from customer service and he informed me I was not entitled to it. I am very displeased with the company.

I ordered Boston Marathon 4.0 treadmill over the phone on 11/27/2015 and I was told by the representative that I'll get the shipment delivered within 1-2 weeks. Despite repetitive follow ups with them, I don't have a clue on my shipment as of 12/20/2015. They never responded to my inquiries and when I spoke to one of their sales representative I was told that I'll get an email when it gets shipped to me. I am so disappointed and planning to cancel this order if I don't get it before Xmas.

October 10, 2015, I purchased a ProForm 1850 treadmill from the Treadmill Outlet in Redwood City, CA. The purchase price was $1785, which included setup and removal of cartage. The salesman at Treadmill Outlet stressed several times, not to contact them should problems arise. It was a red flag I missed. The treadmill was delivered and setup 10/20/15. I tested and examined the machine with the technician, and found it functioning fine. Second red flag, the owner’s documents contained more information about purchasing an extended warranty, then there was about how to use the treadmill. I registered the machine, without purchasing an extended warranty package. I figured I would to do so, near end of the one year warranty. I used the treadmill 3 days without issue.

On the fourth day, the treadmill software failed to activate the machine. I rang customer support, and waited on hold for approximately 35 minutes before the call was connected to Tech Support. The on-line support tech had me disconnect the power, disconnect the safety key, turn the machine on and off several times to no avail. This was about a 40-minute process, because the tech had to research possible causes. Long story short, apparently my 4-day old machine had a software bug. A week later I received a program chip, with instructions to remove the console to install it. I have disassembled the upper portion of the machine, but the console won't release. I contacted Customer Care again, waited again 30+ minutes before the call connected. Only to be told, to do what I've already done.

Had I researched the ProForm 1850, I would not have purchased it. Now knowing it contained an android computer, which is so embedded in the console, the treadmill has to be disassembled to replace the software. This is a very poor design and is likely the reason the price was so discounted. I have a new a treadmill I can't use, and was told by ProForm to contact Treadmill Outlet to return the machine. Yet I've had no success in connecting with Treadmill Outlet to discuss a return.

Will never purchase another ProForm again! Spent $1200 on a treadmill and an elliptical about 14 months ago. Spent maybe 30 hours on each. There is not a tech support number for ProForm. After 5 calls and a wasted 3 hours, somebody finally answered. They referred to me to a different number. Two hours on hold, somebody finally answered. $159.00 to have someone "investigate" the problem. Very frustrated.

We purchased a ProForm Treadmill (600c) a little over 2 years ago. Within 6 months the main board went out. ICON replaced that and everything was working. About 9 months ago, the entire treadmill stopped working. After contacting the company and having the service department tell me to basically take the entire treadmill apart, the service tech came to the conclusion that the safety switch was defective. We have never moved the treadmill, use it for walking and have done all the maintenance for it. I feel that if something is defective and is not at fault of the purchaser, the company should replace it free of charge. I will never purchase another product from ICON and highly recommend no one else purchase a product that doesn't stand by it.

Purchased Epic 42T treadmill in April 2013, by Feb 2015 having issues with mechanism to raise the height of display. Multiple visits by tech, who no fault of his own, has tried every imaginable logical fix but the machine has gotten worse each visit where now it is unsafe to use. Company just wants to send yet another repair company out instead of replacing the machine. Needless to say hours of wasted time waiting for technician, taking time off work & sitting on hr long holds with customer service and going into the winter with an expensive POS sitting unusable in the basement. Time to stand behind your product with more than selecting another technician and asking the customer to be the one to follow up on your "suggested" fix.

Our company purchased a treadmill ProForm ZT8 last September 2014 and so it was time to update the warranty. I called the company and they stated that because this was not my own personal equipment that they cannot give us a extended warranty on the treadmill. I indicated that this was not told to us when I purchased the equipment. The lady that answered the call stated that the company may not have known. This is some shaky business to say the least! Notwithstanding that this was the 2nd machine that we had to get because the first one the frame was broke, the legs was wobbling and the arms wasn't tighten on the equipment. As a federal agency we will not recommend anything else to be purchased by ProForm.

I purchased a PROFORM 505 model treadmill in December of 2014. It worked great for three months but some of the buttons on the console stopped working. I contacted customer service and after some troubleshooting they determined I needed a new console. The new console was covered by my 12 month warranty and retails for $288. The problem I had was they expected me to install it. I asked if a technician could come out and install it and they said "No. Technicians only fix things and installing a new console is not considered fixing something because you are simply installing it." That sounded crazy but ok. So the new console comes in and I have a friend who is much more mechanically inclined install it. The console worked for about a month and the exact same problem happened again. Many of the buttons stopped working. I called the customer service again and got various answers.

Finally they agreed to send out a technician and he came out and after about 15 minutes declared I needed a new console. So I ordered yet another console. Determined to learn how to put in a new console by myself I spent four hours and finally got it out only to determine if I had known what I was doing it would have taken 15 minutes but the manual was useless. So I then hooked the console back up and to my surprise the belt would not start. I am hoping that the third console will fix all issues but if not then I guess I am back to square one. Customer service is not good and my biggest problem with the company is that asking customers to have to tear apart their treadmill and install parts themselves when the treadmill is under warranty is not acceptable. They also refuse to want to address the root cause of the problem. Their answer to me was "We will just keep sending you new consoles, one of them is bound to work."

This treadmill is getting closer and closer everyday to going to the trash if I can't get it up and running quickly. At this point I am about done dealing with this treadmill and their customer service and will probably be shopping for a better quality treadmill from an reputable exercise store that has been in business for a while and that does not sub-contract their technicians, does not rely on the customer to make the supposed repairs themselves and that stands by the products they sell. I would avoid buying from this company at all costs after my experience.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.
  • Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.
  • Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.
  • Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.
  • 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.
  • Best for ProForm treadmills are best for walkers, runners and elite runners.

Compare Treadmills