Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.59/5

ProForm Treadmills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Original review: June 24, 2020

This is the first time I've written a bad review for anyone. Five months ago we bought a ProForm Premier 900 treadmill from a local retailer who's been in business for over 20 years. We were having intermittent problems with the console shutting down while using the machine. Called the retailer and they turned out to be completely unresponsive forcing us to call the manufacturer directly. After almost an hour on hold, we were informed that the retailer was not one of their retail partners and therefore our one-year warranty would not be honored. Not sure what our recourse will be with both the retailer and ProForm, but between a faulty expensive machine and a company that refuses to honor its warranty, ProFrom gets an "F."

Original review: June 5, 2020

I placed an order for a mid-priced treadmill due to the shipping speed and great reviews. Every other option had a later shipping date due to high demand. I received one follow up email regarding buying an extended warranty, was sent a link which led to a dead end. I responded back and got no response. I call 4 days after my expected ship date and was told that they didn’t have enough of that model to ship so it’s going to be delayed. I asked how long and the man just said “I don’t know, a few weeks”. I demanded a time frame considering I didn’t get notification on this and was told a date. That date was just a few days ago.

For the past 2 days I’ve been calling and emailing with no response. I finally get through and was told it’s on back order, again I asked a date and was transferred to a different department where I was on hold for 25 minutes until I finally hung up. I called a few more times, using the option to leave a call back number. I got a call back 2 hours later but the second I answered the phone, they hung up. So I repeated the process and again same thing. Late last night I emailed asking for cancellation and refund. First thing this morning I got confirmation of cancellation. Email was short and unprofessional “Your order has been cancelled. THank you” (yes thank you spelled wrong quickly). No name nothing. I’m appalled at how terrible the customer service, or should I say lack there of. I understand times are troubling and they are busy but that’s no way to treat PAYING customers.

Get buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Ordered the P2000 treadmill on April 20th, 2020. Here it is now June 5th and I still have not received it nor have I received a phone call to arrange delivery. Been on hold for 38 minutes (as of the writing of this post) I cannot get a hold of anyone at the company to give an explanation as to why they have neglected to deliver a machine on time...the timelines are posted on their website. Please do not pay attention to this rhetoric as I know it is false based on my experience.

Now I am considering canceling the order to find out that it will cost me $250 plus 10% to cancel. It is looking more and more like they are running a scam/racket and they will make money on your no matter what the outcome. My advice to anyone who is considering this company for in-home fitness gear is to run as fast as they can AWAY from ProForm and put their money into any other fitness gear. I hope that this helps at least one person considering ordering a fitness machine from this company.

Mark

Original review: May 18, 2020

I contacted their customer service line for a status on my order. I got no help. I waited patiently for an agent and when I was finally chatting with one. They took forever to respond to my question and when they did. It was to directed me to contact another department. On top that if I asked more questions. They would sit on the chat and ignore me until I logged off or just leave. I haven't even received my order yet and I'm already getting the run around. Order elsewhere. Really read the reviews and take them seriously. I saw the horrible customer service reviews, but thought maybe not everyone will receive this type of service. Wrong! No kicking myself in the behind. Save yourself the headache of dealing with a company whose bottom line is revenue instead of its customers.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Have a problem on treadmill and even had an electrician come and check unit. It pops my electric box. The company is not willing to help me. Big 5 Sports wasn't able to help me. So, I have a treadmill that is defective.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I bought a treadmill from this company brand new on 2-2-20 (not even a month ago) and it is already not working. I called the company to see if they could guide me in the right direction (return the treadmill or even if there was a way to reset the treadmill). The first man that I spoke to told me that I would need to dismount the top part. I told him at least ten times that I am physically incapable of doing so. (I had to pay someone to come set the treadmill up as I am not physically capable.) I did not go into detail and do not think I need to go into detail as to why. He proceeds to tell me that they can only send a technician out if I do this so the technician knows what part to bring and it would be $150.00 additional dollars depending.

I finally ask to speak to his manager as he is not understanding I am physically incapable of doing the lifting and unscrewing of this and that. VICKI the customer service manager gets on the phone and berates me about not being able to physically do what they are asking. She repeatedly states it is only five screws. AGAIN, I am not physically capable but yes my legs can walk. She then says, "Well do you not have someone like your dad that can help you?" "Not really your business Vicki but no my dad passed away not too long ago." I hang up because I am done with the conversation.

I spend the next two hours trying to reach Vicki's manager just to be hung up on several times or to be left on hold for 20 minutes when I was told the wait was only 2 minutes. I finally decide to call the sales department in hopes that the Sales manager can either get me to the right Manager of Customer Service or take my complaint and pass it along. The sales department decides to hang up on me, so I call back and the they will not let me speak to their manager. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER TREADMILLS AND DEFINITELY DO NOT TRY TO CALL AND SPEAK TO ANYONE. Problems do not always get resolved but this company will not even pretend to take the complaint.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I ordered a treadmill on January 27. I received an email with my order number. It is Feb 5 and I have not heard anything from the company. I called this morning as my credit card has had the amount of my purchase in "pending" since January 27. The sales department could not tell me with certainty what the status of my order is. He did tell me it may be shipping tonight, but can't promise it. He transferred me to shipping. I was on hold for over 15 minutes. I called the salesman back to let him know that I don't get any information as to how long I will be on hold or what # I would be in line. His response was "there are 5 callers in front of you and the hold is 15 minutes." (Here is the kicker - and this is a quote) "Hopefully you didn't hang up". Well yes, Mr. Salesman I did as I was on hold for 15 minutes with no notification about anything.

The shipping alone is up to 14 days. I explain to Mr. Salesman that I am leaving for vacation and cannot be here to receive the order in 14 days unless it ships today. Don't waste your time with a live chat either. They will chew up the same amount of time and provide you with the shipping number. I feel bad for the people working there. They have been nice thus far. Terrible process.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

When I purchased my Pro-Form Premier 900 treadmill in 2016, I purchased an extended warranty through January 13, 2020. Pro-Form made arrangements for installation. The treadmill was installed in an HVAC controlled garage. (Electronics such as sound systems and cable TV systems exist and function well in the same space.) I called 01/02/2013 to have warranty work performed only to learn that my warranty is void because the treadmill is in the garage. Why did Pro-Form have it installed in the garage and sell me a warranty which was immediately void because of the location? I wonder how many other people they rip off in the same way. I would never recommend doing business with this company. I rated my experience with “one” star. When truly, no stars should be used to rate my experience.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I bought my Proform treadmill model pftl98115. I had to delay signing up for my trial period for ifit because of a toe operation. When I went to sign up 3 months after buying my treadmill, ifit charged my credit card $396. I called and tried to explain why I waited 3 months to sign up but they didn't listen or care. I immediately cancelled my signup for ifit and disputed the charge. Thanks for such lousy customer service. I like the treadmill except that you have to turn on and off the treadmill at their power switch and also the power strip switch otherwise something keeps running that shouldn't. The boot up time is too long especially since I use the manual mode thanks to ifit's lousy customer service.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I ordered the Proform 2000 on Nov 8 1019. After two weeks I called to check on the status and was told my order was canceled. I called billing and their advice was to order again. Keep in mind I used Proform's financing and they have still not credited my account back. My wife had the same experience when she tried to order the bike on the same day. STAY AWAY!!!!

ProForm Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.

• Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.

• Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.

• Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.

• 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

ProForm Treadmills Company Information