2.93/5
Based on 127 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

131 ProForm Treadmills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I like that NordicTrack has a 10'' web-enabled, full-color touchscreen that displays fitness stats during each workout. It also has 38 built-in workouts for a variety of training sessions and an iPod compatible audio jack, 3'' digitally amplified long-throw speakers with digital volume control. This treadmill can be set up pretty easy if you follow instructions but was difficult at first because I was looking at instructions. I dislike its capacity weight though. I started out 350 and it was slow but once weight started coming off it seem to pick up speed and work a lot better.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

It's very basic so it is very easy and simple to use. However, the bars that you can hold come down a bit far and I sometimes hit my hands on them which hurts. Also, it sometimes has an old smell when I run on it, which could be because it is old. It is extremely heavy too so moving it around is almost impossible by myself. I can fold it up by myself though which is nice and it folds up into a small space. I also like that it is somewhat quiet and it has lasted me a long time. It has a place for my iPad as well.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

It has Jillian Michaels backgrounds and scenes used for different running styles and the incline is super awesome for people that need an incline for their body and back. It's not easy to move around the house however I enjoy that I don't have to move it anywhere else but where I have it. I should have been more information about the heaviness of this machine but once you have the machine in the spot you will leave it in. It's great but not for moving around. I love the accessories it came with as well as the intended use of the entire machine. I love the way it takes you to a different level on its own. I would thoroughly recommend this treadmill for those who own a home.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

It was very affordable, it is easy to use, not very complex, it’s foldable for easy storage. I also like the automatic shut off feature, there is a fan for cooling, simplistic and user friendly. Set up and using is quite simple. With the press of a button, connect the magnetic attachment to start and clip to shirt in case of falls, the open process is easy, unhook latch and fold down, fold up and latch to secure. But it doesn’t have a lot of special features, there isn’t a place to enter weight, or time limit or like random programs, can’t set timer. The belt sometimes doesn’t always work properly, it will occasionally stops, or slows down or takes a few seconds to get going. When you use the book holder, you inadvertently cover up the fan, so doesn’t help to cool. If you run, the book holder does not keep the book in place, and so the pounding of the feet cause books and iPads to fall off.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

It was so so setting it up. I had help from a friend but I know putting it up by myself could've been tough since it was really heavy to lift. Maybe you could also have a Bluetooth speaker option made in it so you can run and listen to music without have to worrying about headphones. However, I liked the speed option as well as the setting to change terrain from flat to raised to downhill making my workouts more intense and personalized to me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Original review: July 31, 2018

I like the fact that it records pulse, fat calories burned, and calories burned. Also, it has inclines. It is very easy and fun to use. It is also easy to set up and store. Once on, you hit start, set speed, incline, and go. To store it, you just fold it up and can store it in the closet or in a corner somewhere. I try to use it often. This one is at least 10 years old. If nothing else, I would buy a new one. I would also buy a rowing machine.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I like the design but also the simplicity of the product. Some companies have too many features. It is easy to use and the equipment is very intuitive. I find that people of all ages and experiences can use the equipment. Setting up the equipment was as easy as plugging in and getting started with a comfortable workout. However, I would like a newer machine. I am guessing that the newest models have a better technology resolution for the user. I think that a more modern screen and heart rate monitor would make the equipment more desirable. Nevertheless, I am able to just get on and work out if I choose to. Some features I like include the incline and speed. I also like that I can check my pulse and see the number of calories that I have burned.

Original review: July 28, 2018

The process of setting up the treadmill and getting it started is very easy to do and very easy to use. I have no issues with monitoring my time, speed, efficiency and more! It is in excellent condition and works perfectly. This treadmill has a lot of different features that I love to use and find incredibly helpful including Power Efficiency Booster, Quick Speed Controls, iFit App, LED Lights features. This treadmill is awesome. I love the treadmill and it meets all of my exercising needs.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Operating the treadmill is simple. You simply push start and go. There is a safety clip you can put on your person, so that if you fall and rip the clip off the treadmill, it will stop. The only thing I don't like is a fan on the treadmill that is useless. It is loud and doesn't blow any air toward the user. Otherwise, it is a great treadmill. I like the computer screen that shows the distance, mph, and time used. I like that it has an incline because I heard that a normal sidewalk is at a 1.5 percent incline. I also like that it fold up for storage.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My husband put the treadmill together for me. He needed a little assistance from our son for the big parts. It can be folded up for space saving or storage but I keep it fully assembled so that I can just jump on it quickly when I'm ready. I only need to push a button to start it. Easy peasy! The fan has 2 speeds - High and Low. However, even on high, it doesn't really cool me down as much as I'd like. The air I feel is only on my face. I would like if the fan was more powerful and had a broader reach to cool my neck also. But still, I like that it has a fan and it has ample space for walking or running. Also, I like that it is power-operated and the incline and speed are easily adjustable while using the machine.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I like that it is easy to program, has many different programs, and it runs smoothly. It was easy to assemble, and is easy to use. The colors are sharp, and it moves easily with no Berliners some less expensive machines have. It was very heavy though and difficult to get to our basement, but my husband did not find it difficult once we got it down there to put together. The directions were easy to understand and follow. But the graphics are not the best, and I wish it had a place for water and for my book or phone while I am exercising. Plus, I sometimes mistakenly stop it when I don't mean to, and it won't show me where I was.

Original review: July 14, 2018

My story start out like many an attempt to get into shape, and a decision to get into shape by purchasing a treadmill. Having done some research I purchased a ProForm treadmill, little did I know I would have been of taking my money lighting it on fire. To condense this down this experience went over a course of 2 years. Upon first use it would not run. This would be one of 5 parts I would be sent all of which would fail within a week to a month of use. I was sent over the course this experience at first 3 of the control panels- they would run for about a week to a month then once again would no longer function.

Finally after the third time the advisor send a control arm-that is the part where the key rest, this seems to have worked and after a year of replacement parts I thought it was working. Once again it failed after about a month. At this point the warranty expired and I now had treadmill that was 500 lb paperweight. I drag it out to the trash the other day. I will never buy a ProForm product ever again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased the treadmill on Jan 4. Was delivered Feb 9. March 16 the Bluetooth stopped working. And the customer service is not good, call after call, email, video call to finally admit there is an issue with the Bluetooth. Order was placed in March and received the part mid June. Although I purchased the parts and labor warranty they gave me a hard time to send the technician since I had to striped the console which came with no instructions. They send you links to YouTube videos like it’s the customer job to fix all the problems. Customer service still tries to deter you from getting a technician saying it will take 3 to 5 business days. The very next day the technician came and replaced the part.

The issue continues. When the tech called customer service. They say the Bluetooth doesn’t connect with a tablet - which was connected and working fine before the problem started - and that the iFit wristband I have doesn’t work with my equipment. When I told the lady that not only worked before but I have workouts on my iFit account she rushed to say she will only talk with the technician. So tomorrow again for the 6th+ time I am going to call and try to get someone on the call that know what they talking about so I can have a brand new equipment working again. If I could go back I wouldn’t have purchased this equipment from PROFORM and I DO NOT recommend the purchase just because of the customer service alone!!!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I decided this time when I was going to order my new ProForm that instead of ordering from QVC or HSN or some other TV or online outlet like I have before, I would order direct from ProForm. What a HUGE mistake. It has been nothing short of a nightmare to 1) get anyone from ProForm to communicate with me at their iconn email that they force you to email them at. 2) They do not tell you before you order that the company they use to ship with mostly only has Wednesdays to deliver your product and that they NEVER deliver on a Friday (which is the day that I am home). Also, they hardly ever have any Saturdays available.

I order this treadmill (PERFORMANCE 400i PFTL59515) in April and ONE month later I am still trying to track down where it is and why I don't have it after one month has passed. It was only going coast-to-coast in America, not going through customs country to country. Then when the delivery company finally contacts me, they have a bunch of horrible dates that I cannot take off of work to meet. They also give you NO indication of the time window. They say that you will be called again to schedule the time window. Horrible service.

So the only available date when I could request time off from work was in the middle of a vacation that I had scheduled a month away in the middle of the week on a Wednesday meaning that I cannot travel anywhere now on my vacation - essentially ruining any plans of getting away that I had since it's mid-week that they will deliver. TWO MONTHS after I ordered. Who knows what condition this will arrive in! I might have to refuse it if it arrives looking like garbage. ProForm is a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE to avoid dealing with. If you want to buy one, buy it from QVC or another TV channel that provides their own great customer service. I owned a ProForm before, loved it, but for this hassle - NEVER AGAIN. This is the last ProForm I will ever buy and I will also tell anyone I know NOT to buy one.

Original review: April 23, 2018

The motor froze up and ended up replacing it and next was the control board started eating the belt etc. I contacted ProForm and basically got no help from them. My treadmill is only 1 1/2 years old. A lot of money to spend on a big item for it to break so soon with no help.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I used a ProForm Treadmill at a gym recently while on vacation. The design had a bookrest. However, directly behind where the book rested were the buttons to speed up quickly, and to incline quickly. While either moving the book, or pressing down slightly to adjust it, one of the speed buttons was pressed accidentally. It jumped three speeds immediately, and without warning, and I fell off. I only had some bruises, but it could have been much worse. I wanted to put out a warning for others.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I ordered a ProForm 9000 treadmill on December 28, 2017 and never received it due to two separate order mix-ups by their seriously incompetent staff. The first delivery took nearly six weeks before I received what I thought was my treadmill. I added white glove service because the item was to go in an upstairs room and when the delivery team arrived, I showed them where to set it up. A few minutes later, I checked on their status and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them setting up a NordicTrack weight machine! I told them this wasn't what I ordered, but they seemed to challenge me because my name and address were on the order. When I showed them my email receipt, they looked pretty put out and annoyed, but begrudgingly dismantled the machine and hauled it off. Thinking there was a mix up at the local delivery center, I thought it would be an easy fix, but no such luck.

When I called ProForm to let them know what happened, I was transferred several times before being placed on hold nearly two hours only to learn they somehow screwed up my order and sent me the wrong item (I can possibly understand if it were the wrong treadmill, but it was not only a different brand but an entirely different type of work out machine). Further, I had to "return" an item I never ordered and reorder the one I wanted. At no point during this whole process did anyone offer any form of an apology, even after I had mentioned as much to the agent assisting me with the exchange. Shortly thereafter, I received tracking updates on the second "delivery", which arrived pretty quickly at my local delivery center on 2/21.

However, after waiting one week for someone to call me to set up delivery, I called to check on it only to discover that my treadmill never made it on the truck to begin with and, what's more, I would have to go through the whole nightmarish process AGAIN! Against better judgment, I began to do so, but then after being on hold another 45 minutes and reading the other negative online reviews, I figured enough was enough. Thankfully, a very helpful, apologetic sales agent soon took my call and helped cancel the order FOR GOOD and refund my card (or at least I hope). I wish I could have written a review on the actual item because it appears to be a very nice machine for the money, but seriously inept staff ended that for me and, at this rate, will likely be the end of ProForm.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Carrier supposedly called five times, but I have no indication on my cell phone. When I got the number from ProForm, I called the MDX Group (contracted for white glove delivery) and they indicated it would be a week before the treadmill could be delivered, but couldn't give me a specific time (two hour window). I told them I worked and would need time, but the woman I spoke to was less than sympathetic, and kept repeating herself. Finally, I scheduled for a Saturday, three days more to wait. They have taken so long that I am already having to make my first payment. Bummer! I am not happy with the company's representative and her attitude, nor the long wait for delivery.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Bought a treadmill on 1/3, and it arrived on 1/14. Assembled and found it goes to highest incline and stays there. Icon fitness diagnosed it as a bad console over the phone and placed an order for a new one on 1/16. It is now 2/14 and I’m still being told it’s on back order and cannot be given a timeframe for delivery. How does it take over a month to get a part to a consumer? I’ve attempted to contact returns and have been left on hold multiple times for up to 3 hours.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

So, I had previously owned a ProForm treadmill. Had it for 3 years, and it gave out on me. I emailed ProForm for assistance and they asked me for make and serial. I gave them that information and never heard back. 3-4 months went by and still nothing. So I got rid of the treadmill. Ordered a new treadmill not ProForm and I was not happy with it. So I got rid of it and decided to go back to ProForm. I looked online and found the same one I had and it was in stock so I called and ordered it. Lady gave it to me at about 50.00 less than what it was. I never received confirmation email. So I called, it took me calling twice to get the email.

After a few weeks call back to find out where treadmill is, they told me the treadmill I ordered was discontinued and they failed to tell me this when I originally ordered it, why was it still showing online that it’s in stock? So they upgraded to next model, at no additional cost. Threw in a floor mat free and told me I would get free assembly. Again a week went by and no treadmill. I called again to find out where it’s at, they told me it was on back ordered, again failing to notify me.

I confirmed that I was still getting floor mat and assembly, and they told me they never told me assembly, and went as far to calling me a liar, and re listen to the phone call where I originally ordered the first treadmill that later turned out to be Discontinued. Where I declined assembly for THAT specific treadmill because I had previously had that one and knew how to assemble it. When I called the gentleman who corrected the issue and upgraded to the newer treadmill offered me the free assembly and floor mat for all the inconveniences. And they failed to review that call but called me a liar. I am very upset with ProForm and will no longer do business with them.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Proform Treadmill LT 600 - I set the speed to low [2]... It speed up to 3.4. I dropped it back down to 2. A minute maybe 2 at 2 and it suddenly jumped to 4.8 speed in a split second. Too fast to get my feet up on sidebars. The safety clip came off my garment not the machine. I kept hitting the stop bottom as I screamed bloody murder for someone to help me as my legs were being chewed up by the conveyor, sanding down to my bone on my knees and just above my right ankle. So bad it charred my skin. (Can you say Barbeque?) I ended up having to let go after it grabbed my pant leg ripping them off of me. I have never been so terrified in all my life. I was on it for time as I have a chronic muscle condition, not for incline or increasing speed. My remission came to an abrupt end. Back to full body misery. Be careful.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

This is a terrible company!!! We ordered a treadmill on 12/11/17 and we still do not have the treadmill a month later. You cannot get anyone in the phone nor can we get anyone who can help us at all. We want to cancel the order but it is impossible because we cannot get anyone on the phone. Please do not use this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Ordered a Pro2000 on 11/24/17 after being told it would take 2-3 weeks and never received it. Called a couple times, but hung up after being on hold. Finally on 1/3/18 stayed on hold for 20 min and was told it was at secondary delivery service and would get contacted for delivery in 24 hours. Wrote an email and never got a response. Was not contacted in 24 hours so called again. Was on hold for 14 min to be told that treadmill never got to secondary location. Asked to cancel order and have been on hold now for an hour trying to talk to billing department. Called sales at ProForm on another line (while on hold) and got through right away! Told them what was going on and they were very rude and said they couldn't do anything. Customer service is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I purchased a ProForm treadmill November 27th from the Proform site. I was told it would be delivered to the local delivery company in 10-14 days. Then they would contact me for delivery. This was a Christmas gift and to make a terrible long story short I am still waiting for the treadmill and it is January 2nd. Needless to say I looked foolish on Christmas when the treadmill was suppose to arrive 2 weeks before. I tried calling customer service only to wait on hold for a hour before talking to someone, then was told the manager couldn't speak with me. I then asked to speak with cancellation department where I was placed on hold for another 45 min. I eventually hung up. So January 2nd and still no Treadmill! The worst buying experiences ever! I would rethink your purchase.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I purchased a TL ProForm 5000 on 11/27/17 as a gift for my wife for Christmas. Today is 12/30/17 and I have yet to receive it. I ordered it with a before 12/23/17 guarantee. That's a big joke. Now I can't even cancel the order because you get left on hold for hours. Have been on hold for over 2 hours now while I write this review. BE CAREFUL. Also, be advised that ProForm and NordicTrack are basically the same company which are under Icon Health and Fitness.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I ordered a ProForm 5000 on 11-24-17, two days later I received an email stating that the item has been shipped with a tracking #. I still have not seen any information on the tracking and it's now 12-18-17. I am currently calling ProForm to get some help and have been waiting to get through for 1 hour and 11 minutes so far. While waiting I tried live chatting and it took over 30 minutes and when I did not respond quick enough they disconnected the chat. Tried chatting again they said it was delivered which it was not. They gave me a number to call to get this rectified. Not really sure how it'll help as they are the company. So discouraged. Will NEVER buy again from ProForm... :(

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I would never buy another Proform. Mine had been down 3 months, numerous calls to Proform, numerous parts being sent out, most in duplicate, neither their phone nor in home technicians (twice, which we paid for) were able to fix it or figure out what was wrong with it. Today, after much frustration, an unrelated technician which we called came in, immediately diagnosed the problem, (it was a part they had previously sent out and it was bad) had the part in his car (we had to wait 1 1/2-2 weeks each time Proform decided to try another part), and fixed the treadmill and serviced it as well all for $150 and we had to pay $169 just to get the Proform tech out here!

If we had stayed with Proform we would have thrown out a useless $1200 treadmill. Their customer service and technicians don't know what they are doing and they just guess and send out another part. It was less than 2 years before this broke down. We have a previous Proform that is 18 yrs and running fine still in the basement. Both Proform tech and this technician said the older ones were much better. Don't waste your money. You will be very sorry and frustrated.

Original review: June 28, 2017

My husband and I are both avid runners, so he bought me the ProForm Treadmill for Christmas December 2016. We ran on it several times a week, mostly when the weather was rainy, 3 miles each. After only a few months, the screen started getting glitchy. After only 5 months, the treadmill would not turn on and the drive motor wouldn't work. There is a year warranty, so I called customer service and began the worst customer service experience of my life. The representative told us we needed a new control panel & Drive Motor installed, but we had to install it ourselves (but they said it would be an easy install). It took a week to get the parts then my husband had to install them. IT WAS THE WORST INSTALL EXPERIENCE! VERY TIME-CONSUMING! Then guess what, the parts did not work!

We call customer service back and they diagnose a completely different problem and say they will send us a new power cord and power switch to install ourselves again. We demanded a technician to come out and complete this install because we refused to go through that again. The Representative was supposed to put a 2-day rush on the parts order (normally takes 5-7 business day). We waited over 5-7 business days before we called PROFORM back to check on the order status of the parts. The representative NEVER SENT OUT THE ORDER. So then we waited another 2 weeks for the parts to arrive to our house before we're allowed to schedule the technician to come out. We called the technician service UNITED (company ProForm uses) and they didn't have any availability for any techs to come out for another 2 weeks.

It has been over a month then finally the tech comes out when we have all the parts ready. The Tech Marty was amazing and gave us lots of great information unfortunately he still couldn't fix the treadmill because PROFORM sent us a FAULTY CONTROL BOARD!! Marty reordered a new one for us. Now we have to wait 5-7 more business days for the part to come and then we can call the service company back to schedule a tech to come back out to install the working parts and who knows how long that will take. This has been the worst experience for such an expensive purchase. Almost $1,000 down the drain and now I am looking into ways to sell this treadmill to buy with a much better brand and company. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS BRAND! ICON/PROFORM IS NOT GOOD QUALITY!

Original review: May 26, 2017

I like that the Proform treadmill has a calories counter. It helps me keep up with that. I also like that it has a cup holder to hold my water bottle. It's easy to use and easy to understand. I enjoy using this machine because it's easy to workout on. The ride is smooth and you just glide right thru the exercises. It is easy to control, even my 86 year old grandmother enjoyed using it. I've used other machines before but I love how I can work out in my own home without having to go to a gym with all the privacy one could want. The machine provided enough resistance where I can get a really good feel and burn when I am working out. The grips are comfortable as well as the foot paddles.

The handling could be improved a little and more tension to make the workout more intense. The machine is also slightly bulky, which is to be expected. The problem with them all is the size. The machine is affordable and fits okay in my home. They could add a spot for an mp3 player holder or even just more storage to hold other things and have larger parts that are already together so it's a smoother quicker setup. Also, more skid proof to make it safer and more durable. It was worth the buy and more than worth in enjoyment what I'll get out of it in the end.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I like everything about ProForm. It has lasted for a long time, can hold up to 400 pounds and taken a lot of wear and tear and has never needed repaired or broken. It is easy to set up and take down. It has a heavy duty plug and cord and it can be moved easily because it has wheels to tilt it on. It is also easy to store and doesn't take up much room when it's in storage mode.

ProForm Treadmills expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.

• Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.

• Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.

• Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.

• 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.

• Best for: ProForm treadmills are best for walkers, runners and elite runners.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

ProForm Treadmills Company Information

www.proform.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business