Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.67/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

ProForm Treadmills Reviews

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

When I purchased my Pro-Form Premier 900 treadmill in 2016, I purchased an extended warranty through January 13, 2020. Pro-Form made arrangements for installation. The treadmill was installed in an HVAC controlled garage. (Electronics such as sound systems and cable TV systems exist and function well in the same space.) I called 01/02/2013 to have warranty work performed only to learn that my warranty is void because the treadmill is in the garage. Why did Pro-Form have it installed in the garage and sell me a warranty which was immediately void because of the location? I wonder how many other people they rip off in the same way. I would never recommend doing business with this company. I rated my experience with “one” star. When truly, no stars should be used to rate my experience.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I bought my Proform treadmill model pftl98115. I had to delay signing up for my trial period for ifit because of a toe operation. When I went to sign up 3 months after buying my treadmill, ifit charged my credit card $396. I called and tried to explain why I waited 3 months to sign up but they didn't listen or care. I immediately cancelled my signup for ifit and disputed the charge. Thanks for such lousy customer service. I like the treadmill except that you have to turn on and off the treadmill at their power switch and also the power strip switch otherwise something keeps running that shouldn't. The boot up time is too long especially since I use the manual mode thanks to ifit's lousy customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I ordered the Proform 2000 on Nov 8 1019. After two weeks I called to check on the status and was told my order was canceled. I called billing and their advice was to order again. Keep in mind I used Proform's financing and they have still not credited my account back. My wife had the same experience when she tried to order the bike on the same day. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Worst customer service ever. OMG read all these reviews and ignored because I was lied to by their customer service about their ability to deliver my unit - and I only asked for a drop - no assembly -no room placement nothing. Just drop the shipment off. 1 MONTH no unit. Stuck at hub saying unknown for a delivery date. Could be months? Huge mistake. Should never have bought. Their return policy says have to pay 250.00 and restocking fee need mind since it was a promo - the Proform smart pro 2000, I would still be responsible for paying. I used their financing - another mistake. Should have used one of my credit cards so I could call and dispute charges. Starting to look like = lawsuit here. Please heed my advice and stay away. The customer service by them and the shipper are both liars and totally useless. STAY AWAY. Do not buy.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I purchased a Proform 9000 in April of 2018. I went through the hassle of assembling it but not too bad. I should have heeded the warning of the screen blanking out about a month later but I jiggled the cords and the console power came back on. It wasn’t used much by the family at that point, maybe 5-6 times total. Then the screen went blank again in January. I called customer service for help and they sent me a new console and power cable. Great! But the console would hang on the iFit app and not go further. The whole treadmill functions through the console, so nada.

Okay, hours on customer support and again a new console sent, installed and....hangs on iFit app. This went on for 4 replacement consoles over 4 months. I have to admit they tried until I mentioned it was in my heated garage. Whoops! the small print of the warranty said no garage. They then made me take the treadmill into my house - okay but sure seems like a software problem. Did that, sent them pictures of it in my house (trust issues) and BOOM, THE WARRANTY IS NOW VOID! Why then make me move the piece of junk into my house? DO NOT BUY THIS TREADMILL. It was barely used and they want you to pay monthly for the iFit app trail maps. I just wanted it to work. Now I have a 1900$ piece of junk that may or may not work if I have a repairman come out minimum of 700$ per the repair shop. I just wanted something for my kids to workout on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Original review: July 25, 2019

I have been unable to get any on the "40 on-board programs" to work on my 9000 model treadmill. I initially reached out for support through their online chat. The rep suggested I press and hold the bluetooth icon for 20 sec or until the beeping stops. Nothing happens when I press the icon. The only features I can get to work is the manual option (basic speed and incline control) and anything iFit related. The instructions have zero mention of holding down the bluetooth icon rather tells you to access the home icon (which I don't have). When I contacted customer support again via the chat to tell them that solution did not work I was told they could not help me and I had to call an 800 number.

I called and finally gave up after being on hold for 20 mins w/o any indication of how long my wait time would be. I have opened several tickets with support and just get back a confirmation that my inquiry was received. No response. My first ticket was submitted 5 days ago. I also tried contacting support through their Facebook page. This was the auto response "Hi Thanks for messaging us. We'll be with you shortly and promise to work hard to get you all taken care of.

While you wait, check out FAQ here." This was over 8 hours ago. No response and the link to the FAQs was a 404 error page. I will never buy another product from this company again.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I purchased this treadmill in December 2018 and it is now June 2019 and I am still trying to get resolution from their customer service. Out of the box the treadmill noticeably slows on every step until about speed of 3. Also when walking on an incline I can go from a slow walk to a run without touching a button. Finally got a technician to come out mid April and we should be trying out the belt lubricant here soon but he told me that ProForm told him that the incline issue is due to gravity and is totally normal. Really? Then how come that has never happened at the gym in my 20 years of going?

I know how a good treadmill should perform and this isn’t it. To be fair the treadmill works pretty good besides those issues but their customer service is the real reason why I will never buy from them again. You can only communicate through email and you get someone different every time. Want to talk to someone on the phone to figure it all out? No way. I’ll be looking somewhere else than Proform or NordicTrack (same owners).

Original review: May 24, 2019

I had a Proform for 15 years. That machine was a beast and lasted until I finally gave it to goodwill...still in working order. So I go to purchase a newer proform machine. Spent half a day putting it together...(keep in mind, I am a 55 yr old woman). All done!! right?!....Nope...Had to connect to ifit for the machine to function....OMG!! Are you kidding me right now?!!! I tried to go to ifitnesshelp, ifit.com, and tried to call. Was a horrible experience. First I was told I would have to register the product and then wait one hour to activate ifit. Ok so I did. I tried to activate the ifit trial period and imagine my surprise when the activation code was INVALID! Argh!!!

Now I am livid. Tried googling "using 505 CST treadmill without ifit"...You guessed it... no such thing exists. They told me at academy sports store that I could use the treadmill "manually" as there is a button on the console that says "manual". I WISH! I have never seen such blatant fraud! There is nothing on the machine displayed in the store that says "YOU MUST PAY TO ACTIVATE IFIT TO TURN THIS MACHINE ON". My son finally sync'd the machine with my Iphone and it started to work. But I had to pay for the app in the app store AND I guess I have to have my phone logged into the app for the machine to run using cellular data. I hope future purchasers either have lots of money and patience or better sense than to purchase any ifit product. If there is an ifit label anywhere on the machine...DO NOT BUY! That all I can say at this point.

Original review: March 23, 2019

My wife and I bought a ProForm treadmill in January from Academy in part because ProForm was running a promotion for a free fitness tracker with a new treadmill. We filled out the form, selected the model tracker, included the sales receipt and the UPC label from the carton as per instructions. We mailed it to the ProForm address indicated on the form. Two months passed and we had not received the tracker or heard anything from ProForm. I proceeded to try and find out where it was in the process and when it might be shipped. I was informed by ProForm that they were no longer honoring that promotion. Never once did they bother letting us know after they received the order form. The promotion was advertised on Academy's website and with signs in the store when we purchased. Needless to say we think that this is an unprofessional way to conduct business. Never will we buy another ProForm product nor will we recommend ProForm.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Ordered a treadmill, which was delivered on Jan 23, 2019. I went on the company website, and emailed them to let them know that a part was defective. I received a reply that they received this email and someone would be contacting me shortly the same day. Well, it is now March 6 and no contact whatsoever. Wrote them again on 02/14 when I received their solicitation to sign up extended warranty protection, asking why I should give them any more money for extended warranty service, when it was clear that their customer service was lacking. No response to that one either. Choose another brand as this company's service is non-existent.

Not sure about ProForm Treadmills?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right weight loss program for you.

ProForm Treadmills expert review by Joey Thurman

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.

• Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.

• Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.

• Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.

• 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.

• Best for: ProForm treadmills are best for walkers, runners and elite runners.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

ProForm Treadmills Company Information