ProForm Treadmills

Stars Rating

• 3%
  • 97%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Reviewed June 16, 2024

Purchased brand new ProForm 5.5 Sport in March of 2022 and walked on it 5 days a week. The motor blew this week, so after spending $635, I would recommend against this product. I wasted my money. Treadmills made 20 years ago lasted at least 10 years without a warranty.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2024

Had a treadmill that worked fine for a period, paid $1000 for. Had a nagging injury so rehabbed and wanted to start again but screen would not turn on. I opened then closed. Called service who said out of warranty but they could send a tech for $150 plus parts and labor. Guessing I'd be in for over $500 all said and done. They essentially said take it or leave it as that was the only solution they had. No trouble shooting options aside from turning off and on. Will not shop this brand again.

Get buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2024

I purchased a Proform Treadmill 4 months ago. It stopped working (changed speeds at random, wouldn't respond to selections, etc). I contacted proform customer service in email, chat and phone over 3 weeks with no resolution. They required video evidence (in a certain format and time limit) which I painstakingly provided over several weeks to multiple agents of multiple times the issues occurred. Went through their troubleshooting steps over and over. The treadmill would work a day then start the issues again. Customer service refused to send a technician to my home to honor their warranty and product. Will never do business with them again.

Reviewed July 18, 2023

I bought the treadmill in 2020, I had not stored it upright in the past. I had to store it upright just recently and the pin slipped. Did not hold it upright (holds about 1/4 inch) and luckily it fell on my wall and put a huge hole in it. The treadmill itself sits to the right, so in the upright position, the right side rubs against the right handrail and the pin is not long enough on the left, there is about a 4 inch gap on the left where the pin is. Proform tells me I will need to pay $160 for the tech to come out and pay for parts and labor to fix it. A huge safety hazard and I have no support from the company.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2023

What an poorly ran customer service model. You think of the amount of money spent purchasing an item, that should last more than a year and a half, the $300 dollar a year subscription, which we have paid for twice, would equate to genuine customer care and honoring of their warranty. Instead we got auto generated answers, a representative that was incapable of troubleshooting, and greedy the stance of ensuring they would not back their product. Reading the reviews on this company, it sounds like this is business as usual for them. Their responses in here are EVEN auto generated, obviously an attempt to give the impression they are trying to remedy the problem. Way to scam people out of money with your poor craftsmanship, horrible people skills, and refusal to honor your warranty.

Price

Reviewed June 8, 2023

I bought a Proform treadmill in October of 2021. Paid over 400 for it. A week ago my belt stopped working, pretty sure it’s the motor. Called and talked to a supervisor Kevin, and I was told, "Sure your covered if it is the motor. First we will have to send a technician and it is 150-170 plus travel charges of 70 to verify the problem. Then once verified we will ship the part and you pay shipping. Then we will send the tech back out probably cost the same 150-170 to fix it." So what’s the point in warranty when I could buy a new one for what they are charging me for service tech to come out. Don’t buy. It’s my second treadmill with them. One stopped working in under three years and this one a year and a half.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 31, 2023

I purchased this treadmill about 2.5 years ago. It was a nice treadmill. It has great features and pretty much everything you'd expect from a $1600 treadmill. I used the treadmill about total of 50 times when I couldn't get to the gym. Now, the incline won't work. When I contacted the manufacturer, I was informed that since I didn't purchase the "extended warranty", that any service on the treadmill would require me to purchase a one time "diagnostic service" through them at the cost of $159+tax. Then, the cost of any parts, a $65+tax fee for a return visit, and any "trip fees" that are accrued.

When I brought up how their response was not typical of a company that stood behind their product, I was told "this is a company policy. Thank you." So, for me, I'll never purchase anything from Proform or iFIT again. It's pretty disappointing to make such an expensive purchase and the company won't stand behind their product. I should've heeded the adivice from some of the reviews. Now, I'm dealing with the exact things they warned me about.*

Reviewed May 17, 2023

The motor on my old Proform died, so I ordered a new one. They shipped the new one to their local carrier but then apparently realized they had shipped the wrong treadmill because without advising me, they shipped it back. After trying to figure out what was happening with it (because the tracking made no sense), they advised me of their error but refused to let me cancel the order without charging me $420 in restocking and return fees. So their error became my loss of $420. Each of the 3 individuals I spoke with in various departments also had slightly different versions of what was going on with the treadmill. I would never deal with this company again.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer Service

Reviewed April 18, 2023

Almost 6 months ago the ProForm Treadmill 5000 started making a horrible humming noise which got louder the faster it went. When I first purchased the treadmill I also purchased a three year extended warranty which lasts until 2025. Since then I have traded emails with ProForm/iFit for 5 months trying to get this issue resolved and have a technician fix the problem. I have even sent a video with the noise. The latest email I received asked me to take apart the treadmill and try to fix the problem myself. WHAT GOOD IS THE WARRANTY!!! I'll never recommend them again.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 15, 2023

I contacted Ifit/Proform on November 18, 2022 in regards to my treadmill turning on, but not working. They said the treadmill was out of warranty and they would have to send a technician out to diagnose the treadmill. Once the treadmill was diagnosed they would send a technician out to replace the defective part. I explained if the cost would be too much I would just purchase a new treadmill. I paid for the diagnosis and the Ifit/Proform stated the computer board needed to be replaced. I asked the Ifit/Proform rep if it was another part what other cost would I incur. The Ifit/Proform stated I would only have to pay for the part since I initially paid for the diagnosis and the cost of the technician to come out. I paid the initial fee and waited for my part to arrive.

The part finally arrived on January 4, 2023. The technician came out only to tell me Ifit/Proform shipped the wrong part. I then contacted Ifit/Proform and waited another month until the part arrived on February 7, 2023 only to be told by the technician the part did not fix the treadmill. The technician said the motor was the issue and needed to be replaced. I then waited another month until March 8, 2023 for the motor to arrive. At this time the treadmill repair company told me they no longer had a technician in the area and I would have to contact Ifit/Proform.

I contacted Ifit/Proform only to be told that I would be charged another service to repair my treadmill. I explained to them I had already paid the service charge and at this point had now waited 6 months to get my treadmill repaired and if the technician from the company I already paid was in the area I wouldn't have to pay anything. The representative continued to repeat they would not send out a technician without another service charge. At this point I'm just disappointed in the terrible customer service I received from Ifit/Proform. I had a great treadmill, but will never purchase another treadmill from Ifit/Proform. Piss Poor Service!

ProForm Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.

• Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.

• Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.

• Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.

• 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Advisor

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

ProForm Treadmills Company Information