3.76/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ProForm Treadmills

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 3, 2017

105 ProForm Treadmills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I would never buy another Proform. Mine had been down 3 months, numerous calls to Proform, numerous parts being sent out, most in duplicate, neither their phone nor in home technicians (twice, which we paid for) were able to fix it or figure out what was wrong with it. Today, after much frustration, an unrelated technician which we called came in, immediately diagnosed the problem, (it was a part they had previously sent out and it was bad) had the part in his car (we had to wait 1 1/2-2 weeks each time Proform decided to try another part), and fixed the treadmill and serviced it as well all for $150 and we had to pay $169 just to get the Proform tech out here!

If we had stayed with Proform we would have thrown out a useless $1200 treadmill. Their customer service and technicians don't know what they are doing and they just guess and send out another part. It was less than 2 years before this broke down. We have a previous Proform that is 18 yrs and running fine still in the basement. Both Proform tech and this technician said the older ones were much better. Don't waste your money. You will be very sorry and frustrated.

Original review: June 28, 2017

My husband and I are both avid runners, so he bought me the ProForm Treadmill for Christmas December 2016. We ran on it several times a week, mostly when the weather was rainy, 3 miles each. After only a few months, the screen started getting glitchy. After only 5 months, the treadmill would not turn on and the drive motor wouldn't work. There is a year warranty, so I called customer service and began the worst customer service experience of my life. The representative told us we needed a new control panel & Drive Motor installed, but we had to install it ourselves (but they said it would be an easy install). It took a week to get the parts then my husband had to install them. IT WAS THE WORST INSTALL EXPERIENCE! VERY TIME-CONSUMING! Then guess what, the parts did not work!

We call customer service back and they diagnose a completely different problem and say they will send us a new power cord and power switch to install ourselves again. We demanded a technician to come out and complete this install because we refused to go through that again. The Representative was supposed to put a 2-day rush on the parts order (normally takes 5-7 business day). We waited over 5-7 business days before we called PROFORM back to check on the order status of the parts. The representative NEVER SENT OUT THE ORDER. So then we waited another 2 weeks for the parts to arrive to our house before we're allowed to schedule the technician to come out. We called the technician service UNITED (company ProForm uses) and they didn't have any availability for any techs to come out for another 2 weeks.

It has been over a month then finally the tech comes out when we have all the parts ready. The Tech Marty was amazing and gave us lots of great information unfortunately he still couldn't fix the treadmill because PROFORM sent us a FAULTY CONTROL BOARD!! Marty reordered a new one for us. Now we have to wait 5-7 more business days for the part to come and then we can call the service company back to schedule a tech to come back out to install the working parts and who knows how long that will take. This has been the worst experience for such an expensive purchase. Almost $1,000 down the drain and now I am looking into ways to sell this treadmill to buy with a much better brand and company. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS BRAND! ICON/PROFORM IS NOT GOOD QUALITY!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 26, 2017

I like that the Proform treadmill has a calories counter. It helps me keep up with that. I also like that it has a cup holder to hold my water bottle. It's easy to use and easy to understand. I enjoy using this machine because it's easy to workout on. The ride is smooth and you just glide right thru the exercises. It is easy to control, even my 86 year old grandmother enjoyed using it. I've used other machines before but I love how I can work out in my own home without having to go to a gym with all the privacy one could want. The machine provided enough resistance where I can get a really good feel and burn when I am working out. The grips are comfortable as well as the foot paddles.

The handling could be improved a little and more tension to make the workout more intense. The machine is also slightly bulky, which is to be expected. The problem with them all is the size. The machine is affordable and fits okay in my home. They could add a spot for an mp3 player holder or even just more storage to hold other things and have larger parts that are already together so it's a smoother quicker setup. Also, more skid proof to make it safer and more durable. It was worth the buy and more than worth in enjoyment what I'll get out of it in the end.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I like everything about ProForm. It has lasted for a long time, can hold up to 400 pounds and taken a lot of wear and tear and has never needed repaired or broken. It is easy to set up and take down. It has a heavy duty plug and cord and it can be moved easily because it has wheels to tilt it on. It is also easy to store and doesn't take up much room when it's in storage mode.

Original review: May 24, 2017

ProForm is a less expensive brand but durable. This should be a more popular brand. It lasts a very long time plus it looks attractive. There are one guards under the treadmill itself for easier impact on the knees, much less strain and much easier than walking on concrete. Very easy to set up, easy instructions and lightweight pieces to connect. It came with a screwdriver for me. The operation of the machine is very good and simple. However, I dislike the preset speeds it has since they are too fast for the average user like myself. Other than that everything is still holding up after a good ten years of heavy use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Original review: May 21, 2017

I like many features about my ProForm Treadmill including the fact that it has handrails so if I stumble I won't fall all the way down and I'll just keep running. Some features that I dislike about my ProForm treadmill is that it has a judgy vibe to it when I am not using it. I feel like it is glaring at me as I watch TV. The process of set up and use of my ProForm treadmill is one of relative ease. It doesn't take a caveman to figure it out. Heck, even a politician could figure it out.

Original review: May 20, 2017

ProForm was a easy setup model out of the box, just have to put the side handles on and put the tray on. Only a screwdriver was needed but opening the box was somewhat hard. I can raise level while on it, have fixed. It has different workout levels, a heart rate meter, and it measures distance in miles walked/run and calories used. However, it only goes up 5 elevated levels. I also have to step off the mill to measure heart rate. It's heavy to move to another location and have to remember to oil the belt every 12 months or so.

Original review: May 19, 2017

It is easy to use but I had the technician put it together. I like the different settings, like the hit and hills. I also like the color and the way it folds for storage. I like the way it works well. I like a lot of other things about it also, almost everything about it. On the other hand, I dislike the price. It was too expensive including the insurance.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I have a ProForm Crosswalk. It's easy to set up and use, basically just plug in and go as we bought this used but wish it could fold up. It's a decent treadmill for the cost, works for all members of my family. I like the emergency stop button and that it can change speed and elevation easily. I like the Crosswalk feature, digital readout on time, calories, etc. It has all features that we need. I wish it was a little wider to give me more room and a bigger book stand to put my Kindle on. Also digital readout could be brighter. Also would like it to fold up to put away but it does not. It is also very heavy.

Resolution response: June 5, 2017

Sweatband have kindly replaced the treadmill, no thanks to Proform who refused to honour the life-time frame warranty. Sweatband, on the other hand, resolved the problem professionally.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I purchased a ProForm treadmill from Sweatband mid-2013. I had nothing but trouble with it as the suspension and shock absorption were never right, and the treadmill made a dreadful noise. An engineer came out twice. The noise and instability of the treadmill worsened recently and to my utter surprise there was a 2 inch crack on the steel frame (not on a join) under the hood where the motor is.

The treadmill came with a lifetime frame warranty, but both Sweatband and ProForm are denying that I had registered the product within 28 days. Regardless, as per Sweatband's marketing, the 28 day registration was to extend parts and labour for 2 years (instead of the default one year). It was not for the lifetime frame warranty. They cannot explain how protected steel can crack and have just fobbed me off. The product has been discontinued (ProForm 705 ZLT) therefore I believe it had a design fault. I am taking legal action for false marketing and for being sold a faulty product.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Proform is very easy to set and it comes with directions in case but it is all self explanatory so even I was able to do it and the instructions were even in a few different languages for people who do not speak or read English. I like that I can pick the speed I want and choose the incline and set your goal for calories or distance or time and hook up my iPod so I have music. The only thing is that the controls or handsets on handles are touchy so when I want to incline it sometimes keeps going up more than I wanted but it only does that on occasion.

Original review: May 14, 2017

ProForm’s actual operation is reliable and excellent. I like the amount of information (such as speed, steps, calories burned, etc.) it provides about and during the workout and all the various options on how to use it - speed, programs etc., but wish the front part (where the display is with all the info referenced above) and the treadmill part itself was a bit smaller/lighter and therefore easier to store if necessary, and move/reposition so I don't feel stuck in one place.

Original review: May 13, 2017

ProForm is interesting for us so far. High quality, works without any problems. The thing has all the bells and whistles as far as a treadmill goes. I actually enjoy it and I haven't had any problems so far with it so I'm a happy customer as of now. My boyfriend does the process of setting it up and taking it down but we have an exercise room so we don't really ever have to set up or take down.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I like that the treadmill (ProForm) was a newer version of the latest treadmills. I had very smooth walks, jogs, and runs while using this treadmill. I use this treadmill every day and it helped me maintain my body type and to lose extra weight that I had gained in the past. I still use this treadmill to this day. At first, it was difficult to set up the treadmill because it was the first time I had owned a treadmill. But then I called a few people that I knew had treadmills. And they helped me figure it out and made it a very easy process. And it took me no time to have the treadmill up and working. The machine was very bulky and took up a lot of space in my living room.

Original review: May 8, 2017

After reading the other reviews concerning the customer service I had to get on here and refute the claims. I had nothing but good, professional and courteous response from them concerning an in-warranty treadmill issue.

Original review: May 5, 2017

The ProForm treadmill is bulky and a bit too large. It's very heavy, which makes it difficult to move. The tread is not super smooth in movement, and a bit noisy. But it has rollers on the front end, so when folded up, you can roll it around. Use and settings are easy to change and adjust. I like that the settings include adjustable incline and speeds. Shows progress/distance through lights around track. Has timer and calorie counter. Control of setting Includes a adjustable fan. It suits my purposes and use.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Setting my ProForm treadmill up was easy, and the instructions were easy to understand. It is easy to operate, and all the buttons are descriptive and mostly self-explanatory. The help manual is also very helpful for any additional questions. I like the safety feature (red key with clip), it gives me a sense of security so I can exercise freely. It also has a wide range of speeds and program options. But I dislike the fact that the base of it, the conveyor portion, gets kind of hot sometimes. However, this is the only downside.

Original review: May 3, 2017

The people from Sears set my ProForm treadmill up, so was very easy to start using. Operating the treadmill was very easy. All the controls are right in front of you so easy change while using. I can change speeds, it is self-lubricating, has an incline I can use and some programmed workouts I can use. It had a heart monitor rate belt that you can use to keep track of heart rate. It also has a safety feature, it will stop if the key is pulled out like if you fall. There are no features I dislike. When I first got some of the silicone sprayed on my carpet, so having some kind of protection to prevent this would help. Maybe be more shock-absorbent to help the knees and feet would be nice.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I think ProForm is a really great brand. I like how it's a really sturdy product and also how it still works after all these years after I've used and abused it. It gives great exercise for my leg muscles. But I'd like more configurations. I would like to be able to adjust it so that it gives me more resistance when I run. It gave me something of an incline while I run and so I would like it. I think that there are a little too many buttons on it. However it is pretty easy to use. I think the button settings may take a little while to get used to but overall it is a wholesome experience.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I have to assemble my ProForm treadmill once I got it and took me about 30 mins to put the whole thing together. There is a built-in heart rate monitor and I can play MP3 with the treadmill. There is also a large LCD for me to use that helps me navigate the treadmill and use all the functions. There are also many setting and apps for me to use. But I think the MP3 feature is kinda bad because I tend to have my own phone with me all the time. Heart rate monitor is the same. My Apple watch does the same thing.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I like the incline, speed, and led display to be able to keep track of progress. The structure is very sturdy, very well built and has all the features I want. However, it takes a lot out of me sometimes, could have better balance. The cup holder is a little small. It could also have a tv built in, dvd to use. But it do the work for me all the time and very easy to set up. Out of box only took 10 minutes to set up. Setting are very easy to set and adjust while working out.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I had the men who delivered the ProForm treadmill set it up. They had it put together fairly quickly in 15 minutes or so and was fully functional when they left. I like that I can choose what kind of terrain to exercise on whether it's uphill, flat terrain, etc. It also has an emergency button that I can hit to stop it in case I fall. It can go up to 15 miles an hour which is nice for me to use to exercise my dog who is slightly overweight. However, I would like if the treadmill could rise up at an angle more so than it does now. I would also like if my treadmill could link with my heart rate monitor that I'm wearing and display it on the screen.

Original review: April 26, 2017

ProForm has cushioning to protect my joints. I love how when running I feel less impact which makes me feel better. I also love the integration of guided workouts which makes me look forward to working out. However, the space saving design isn't that useful to me. I don't feel the way it folds saves me much space, so I keep it tucked away in the corner of my room. But it's easy to use. Once set up everything to figure out. I just plugged in the machine, jumped on and started playing. I love tinkering over reading the manual, which I'll do if I have to, and this treadmill made it easy to navigate through all the options.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I really enjoy the entire ProForm feature because I can wrap up my workout. It has a built-in fan as well as a place for my headphones and I can check my pulse. It's great with all of its features, easy to use, I can go fast or slow with an incline or regular, it's just a great tool. All the buttons have big writing and are easy to read. The on and off buttons and all of the features are easy to find.

Original review: April 24, 2017

We ordered our ProForm treadmill, took weeks to get here. Dropped it off in the garage. Didn't even bring it in our home. The guys were lazy and rude. For the money we spent we should have went to another company that would treat us with the respect we gave them. Stay far away.

Original review: April 23, 2017

ProForm is foldable for storage, has a heart rate monitor, adjustable incline, has a nice large LCD console display, 18 workout apps and great cushion. I enjoyed it but I would like a tv or radio attached but I do have a music port to plug in my iPod so that's just as good. It was very easy to set up with step for step directions and I followed them so I had no problems.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I like that ProForm inclines and has specialized programs to make me work harder. It also has a fan that helps keep me cool and dry. It has set schedules of inclines and hills to make me work harder and longer. The timer helps move time along. I also like that I can listen to music I can plug into it easily. However, I dislike how loud it is. It is hard to hear anything while I'm using it. I also dislike how heavy it is and that it was quite expensive and sometimes the belt sticks and makes me feel like I may fall. I don't like that it's so bulky and cumbersome when it's out. It takes up too much space unless it's stored in its folded position. But it was easy to set up. It folds away for easy storage when not in use. It has wheels that help to roll it out of the way much easier. It has a program that you can choose manual settings or you can customize a program to suit your specific needs and work out routines. Overall it is needed.

Original review: April 9, 2017

With ProForm, I can use my iPod to listen to music. It calculates my heart rate, miles, and speed. I can stop it anytime if I want to get off and perform other exercises and then just restart from where I left off. I just turn it on, attach the safety string to treadmill and one end to me. Hit whether I want to walk, jog, run or use the inclines. I can incorporate it into any routines. I can also use the SD card that comes with it to perform other routines. I am very happy and I love the treadmill. It does everything I need.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Proform treadmill's construction is fairly good. It's my first treadmill bought low to mid range priced. I like the programs and the ease of use. It's not too big and yet strong enough. However, I have problems hitting the front cover of the tread when holding on to the handles which causes me to stumble a little... I also dislike the placement of controls. And my feet hit the cover when I hold on to the bars tread - need to extend further in the front of the machine. But it is easily moved and was easy to assemble. I did it by myself didn't take to long. Parts were damaged during shipping but call service center and was helped and sent replacement part quickly.

Original review: April 6, 2017

The Proform xp 615 has all digital all settings for great workouts. It's easy to use. I feel like I really don't have to go to the gym and love the privacy using right in my own home not having to feel like I'm in some competition working at my pace and comfortability. I wish it had a built in tv with headphone jack plugin being while you're working out the time passes that much more quickly. Nevertheless, it was extremely easy set. Was more or less unfold and tighten up screws. As far as operation goes very self explanatory as to what workout you want to do on a given day and just as you would find in a health fitness center. I love the quick shut off safety feature for the key as I've had to use once for an emergency stop feature since I move had MCL surgery prior and my knee had buckled once.

ProForm Treadmills expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.
    • Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.
    • Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.
    • Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.
    • 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.
    • Best for: ProForm treadmills are best for walkers, runners and elite runners.
    Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
    Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

ProForm Treadmills Company Information