2.79/5
Based on 115 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

119 ProForm Treadmills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased the treadmill on Jan 4. Was delivered Feb 9. March 16 the Bluetooth stopped working. And the customer service is not good, call after call, email, video call to finally admit there is an issue with the Bluetooth. Order was placed in March and received the part mid June. Although I purchased the parts and labor warranty they gave me a hard time to send the technician since I had to striped the console which came with no instructions. They send you links to YouTube videos like it’s the customer job to fix all the problems. Customer service still tries to deter you from getting a technician saying it will take 3 to 5 business days. The very next day the technician came and replaced the part.

The issue continues. When the tech called customer service. They say the Bluetooth doesn’t connect with a tablet - which was connected and working fine before the problem started - and that the iFit wristband I have doesn’t work with my equipment. When I told the lady that not only worked before but I have workouts on my iFit account she rushed to say she will only talk with the technician. So tomorrow again for the 6th+ time I am going to call and try to get someone on the call that know what they talking about so I can have a brand new equipment working again. If I could go back I wouldn’t have purchased this equipment from PROFORM and I DO NOT recommend the purchase just because of the customer service alone!!!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I decided this time when I was going to order my new ProForm that instead of ordering from QVC or HSN or some other TV or online outlet like I have before, I would order direct from ProForm. What a HUGE mistake. It has been nothing short of a nightmare to 1) get anyone from ProForm to communicate with me at their iconn email that they force you to email them at. 2) They do not tell you before you order that the company they use to ship with mostly only has Wednesdays to deliver your product and that they NEVER deliver on a Friday (which is the day that I am home). Also, they hardly ever have any Saturdays available.

I order this treadmill (PERFORMANCE 400i PFTL59515) in April and ONE month later I am still trying to track down where it is and why I don't have it after one month has passed. It was only going coast-to-coast in America, not going through customs country to country. Then when the delivery company finally contacts me, they have a bunch of horrible dates that I cannot take off of work to meet. They also give you NO indication of the time window. They say that you will be called again to schedule the time window. Horrible service.

So the only available date when I could request time off from work was in the middle of a vacation that I had scheduled a month away in the middle of the week on a Wednesday meaning that I cannot travel anywhere now on my vacation - essentially ruining any plans of getting away that I had since it's mid-week that they will deliver. TWO MONTHS after I ordered. Who knows what condition this will arrive in! I might have to refuse it if it arrives looking like garbage. ProForm is a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE to avoid dealing with. If you want to buy one, buy it from QVC or another TV channel that provides their own great customer service. I owned a ProForm before, loved it, but for this hassle - NEVER AGAIN. This is the last ProForm I will ever buy and I will also tell anyone I know NOT to buy one.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2018

The motor froze up and ended up replacing it and next was the control board started eating the belt etc. I contacted ProForm and basically got no help from them. My treadmill is only 1 1/2 years old. A lot of money to spend on a big item for it to break so soon with no help.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I used a ProForm Treadmill at a gym recently while on vacation. The design had a bookrest. However, directly behind where the book rested were the buttons to speed up quickly, and to incline quickly. While either moving the book, or pressing down slightly to adjust it, one of the speed buttons was pressed accidentally. It jumped three speeds immediately, and without warning, and I fell off. I only had some bruises, but it could have been much worse. I wanted to put out a warning for others.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I ordered a ProForm 9000 treadmill on December 28, 2017 and never received it due to two separate order mix-ups by their seriously incompetent staff. The first delivery took nearly six weeks before I received what I thought was my treadmill. I added white glove service because the item was to go in an upstairs room and when the delivery team arrived, I showed them where to set it up. A few minutes later, I checked on their status and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them setting up a NordicTrack weight machine! I told them this wasn't what I ordered, but they seemed to challenge me because my name and address were on the order. When I showed them my email receipt, they looked pretty put out and annoyed, but begrudgingly dismantled the machine and hauled it off. Thinking there was a mix up at the local delivery center, I thought it would be an easy fix, but no such luck.

When I called ProForm to let them know what happened, I was transferred several times before being placed on hold nearly two hours only to learn they somehow screwed up my order and sent me the wrong item (I can possibly understand if it were the wrong treadmill, but it was not only a different brand but an entirely different type of work out machine). Further, I had to "return" an item I never ordered and reorder the one I wanted. At no point during this whole process did anyone offer any form of an apology, even after I had mentioned as much to the agent assisting me with the exchange. Shortly thereafter, I received tracking updates on the second "delivery", which arrived pretty quickly at my local delivery center on 2/21.

However, after waiting one week for someone to call me to set up delivery, I called to check on it only to discover that my treadmill never made it on the truck to begin with and, what's more, I would have to go through the whole nightmarish process AGAIN! Against better judgment, I began to do so, but then after being on hold another 45 minutes and reading the other negative online reviews, I figured enough was enough. Thankfully, a very helpful, apologetic sales agent soon took my call and helped cancel the order FOR GOOD and refund my card (or at least I hope). I wish I could have written a review on the actual item because it appears to be a very nice machine for the money, but seriously inept staff ended that for me and, at this rate, will likely be the end of ProForm.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Carrier supposedly called five times, but I have no indication on my cell phone. When I got the number from ProForm, I called the MDX Group (contracted for white glove delivery) and they indicated it would be a week before the treadmill could be delivered, but couldn't give me a specific time (two hour window). I told them I worked and would need time, but the woman I spoke to was less than sympathetic, and kept repeating herself. Finally, I scheduled for a Saturday, three days more to wait. They have taken so long that I am already having to make my first payment. Bummer! I am not happy with the company's representative and her attitude, nor the long wait for delivery.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Bought a treadmill on 1/3, and it arrived on 1/14. Assembled and found it goes to highest incline and stays there. Icon fitness diagnosed it as a bad console over the phone and placed an order for a new one on 1/16. It is now 2/14 and I’m still being told it’s on back order and cannot be given a timeframe for delivery. How does it take over a month to get a part to a consumer? I’ve attempted to contact returns and have been left on hold multiple times for up to 3 hours.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

So, I had previously owned a ProForm treadmill. Had it for 3 years, and it gave out on me. I emailed ProForm for assistance and they asked me for make and serial. I gave them that information and never heard back. 3-4 months went by and still nothing. So I got rid of the treadmill. Ordered a new treadmill not ProForm and I was not happy with it. So I got rid of it and decided to go back to ProForm. I looked online and found the same one I had and it was in stock so I called and ordered it. Lady gave it to me at about 50.00 less than what it was. I never received confirmation email. So I called, it took me calling twice to get the email.

After a few weeks call back to find out where treadmill is, they told me the treadmill I ordered was discontinued and they failed to tell me this when I originally ordered it, why was it still showing online that it’s in stock? So they upgraded to next model, at no additional cost. Threw in a floor mat free and told me I would get free assembly. Again a week went by and no treadmill. I called again to find out where it’s at, they told me it was on back ordered, again failing to notify me.

I confirmed that I was still getting floor mat and assembly, and they told me they never told me assembly, and went as far to calling me a liar, and re listen to the phone call where I originally ordered the first treadmill that later turned out to be Discontinued. Where I declined assembly for THAT specific treadmill because I had previously had that one and knew how to assemble it. When I called the gentleman who corrected the issue and upgraded to the newer treadmill offered me the free assembly and floor mat for all the inconveniences. And they failed to review that call but called me a liar. I am very upset with ProForm and will no longer do business with them.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Proform Treadmill LT 600 - I set the speed to low [2]... It speed up to 3.4. I dropped it back down to 2. A minute maybe 2 at 2 and it suddenly jumped to 4.8 speed in a split second. Too fast to get my feet up on sidebars. The safety clip came off my garment not the machine. I kept hitting the stop bottom as I screamed bloody murder for someone to help me as my legs were being chewed up by the conveyor, sanding down to my bone on my knees and just above my right ankle. So bad it charred my skin. (Can you say Barbeque?) I ended up having to let go after it grabbed my pant leg ripping them off of me. I have never been so terrified in all my life. I was on it for time as I have a chronic muscle condition, not for incline or increasing speed. My remission came to an abrupt end. Back to full body misery. Be careful.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

This is a terrible company!!! We ordered a treadmill on 12/11/17 and we still do not have the treadmill a month later. You cannot get anyone in the phone nor can we get anyone who can help us at all. We want to cancel the order but it is impossible because we cannot get anyone on the phone. Please do not use this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Ordered a Pro2000 on 11/24/17 after being told it would take 2-3 weeks and never received it. Called a couple times, but hung up after being on hold. Finally on 1/3/18 stayed on hold for 20 min and was told it was at secondary delivery service and would get contacted for delivery in 24 hours. Wrote an email and never got a response. Was not contacted in 24 hours so called again. Was on hold for 14 min to be told that treadmill never got to secondary location. Asked to cancel order and have been on hold now for an hour trying to talk to billing department. Called sales at ProForm on another line (while on hold) and got through right away! Told them what was going on and they were very rude and said they couldn't do anything. Customer service is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I purchased a ProForm treadmill November 27th from the Proform site. I was told it would be delivered to the local delivery company in 10-14 days. Then they would contact me for delivery. This was a Christmas gift and to make a terrible long story short I am still waiting for the treadmill and it is January 2nd. Needless to say I looked foolish on Christmas when the treadmill was suppose to arrive 2 weeks before. I tried calling customer service only to wait on hold for a hour before talking to someone, then was told the manager couldn't speak with me. I then asked to speak with cancellation department where I was placed on hold for another 45 min. I eventually hung up. So January 2nd and still no Treadmill! The worst buying experiences ever! I would rethink your purchase.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I purchased a TL ProForm 5000 on 11/27/17 as a gift for my wife for Christmas. Today is 12/30/17 and I have yet to receive it. I ordered it with a before 12/23/17 guarantee. That's a big joke. Now I can't even cancel the order because you get left on hold for hours. Have been on hold for over 2 hours now while I write this review. BE CAREFUL. Also, be advised that ProForm and NordicTrack are basically the same company which are under Icon Health and Fitness.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I ordered a ProForm 5000 on 11-24-17, two days later I received an email stating that the item has been shipped with a tracking #. I still have not seen any information on the tracking and it's now 12-18-17. I am currently calling ProForm to get some help and have been waiting to get through for 1 hour and 11 minutes so far. While waiting I tried live chatting and it took over 30 minutes and when I did not respond quick enough they disconnected the chat. Tried chatting again they said it was delivered which it was not. They gave me a number to call to get this rectified. Not really sure how it'll help as they are the company. So discouraged. Will NEVER buy again from ProForm... :(

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I would never buy another Proform. Mine had been down 3 months, numerous calls to Proform, numerous parts being sent out, most in duplicate, neither their phone nor in home technicians (twice, which we paid for) were able to fix it or figure out what was wrong with it. Today, after much frustration, an unrelated technician which we called came in, immediately diagnosed the problem, (it was a part they had previously sent out and it was bad) had the part in his car (we had to wait 1 1/2-2 weeks each time Proform decided to try another part), and fixed the treadmill and serviced it as well all for $150 and we had to pay $169 just to get the Proform tech out here!

If we had stayed with Proform we would have thrown out a useless $1200 treadmill. Their customer service and technicians don't know what they are doing and they just guess and send out another part. It was less than 2 years before this broke down. We have a previous Proform that is 18 yrs and running fine still in the basement. Both Proform tech and this technician said the older ones were much better. Don't waste your money. You will be very sorry and frustrated.

Original review: June 28, 2017

My husband and I are both avid runners, so he bought me the ProForm Treadmill for Christmas December 2016. We ran on it several times a week, mostly when the weather was rainy, 3 miles each. After only a few months, the screen started getting glitchy. After only 5 months, the treadmill would not turn on and the drive motor wouldn't work. There is a year warranty, so I called customer service and began the worst customer service experience of my life. The representative told us we needed a new control panel & Drive Motor installed, but we had to install it ourselves (but they said it would be an easy install). It took a week to get the parts then my husband had to install them. IT WAS THE WORST INSTALL EXPERIENCE! VERY TIME-CONSUMING! Then guess what, the parts did not work!

We call customer service back and they diagnose a completely different problem and say they will send us a new power cord and power switch to install ourselves again. We demanded a technician to come out and complete this install because we refused to go through that again. The Representative was supposed to put a 2-day rush on the parts order (normally takes 5-7 business day). We waited over 5-7 business days before we called PROFORM back to check on the order status of the parts. The representative NEVER SENT OUT THE ORDER. So then we waited another 2 weeks for the parts to arrive to our house before we're allowed to schedule the technician to come out. We called the technician service UNITED (company ProForm uses) and they didn't have any availability for any techs to come out for another 2 weeks.

It has been over a month then finally the tech comes out when we have all the parts ready. The Tech Marty was amazing and gave us lots of great information unfortunately he still couldn't fix the treadmill because PROFORM sent us a FAULTY CONTROL BOARD!! Marty reordered a new one for us. Now we have to wait 5-7 more business days for the part to come and then we can call the service company back to schedule a tech to come back out to install the working parts and who knows how long that will take. This has been the worst experience for such an expensive purchase. Almost $1,000 down the drain and now I am looking into ways to sell this treadmill to buy with a much better brand and company. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS BRAND! ICON/PROFORM IS NOT GOOD QUALITY!

Original review: May 26, 2017

I like that the Proform treadmill has a calories counter. It helps me keep up with that. I also like that it has a cup holder to hold my water bottle. It's easy to use and easy to understand. I enjoy using this machine because it's easy to workout on. The ride is smooth and you just glide right thru the exercises. It is easy to control, even my 86 year old grandmother enjoyed using it. I've used other machines before but I love how I can work out in my own home without having to go to a gym with all the privacy one could want. The machine provided enough resistance where I can get a really good feel and burn when I am working out. The grips are comfortable as well as the foot paddles.

The handling could be improved a little and more tension to make the workout more intense. The machine is also slightly bulky, which is to be expected. The problem with them all is the size. The machine is affordable and fits okay in my home. They could add a spot for an mp3 player holder or even just more storage to hold other things and have larger parts that are already together so it's a smoother quicker setup. Also, more skid proof to make it safer and more durable. It was worth the buy and more than worth in enjoyment what I'll get out of it in the end.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I like everything about ProForm. It has lasted for a long time, can hold up to 400 pounds and taken a lot of wear and tear and has never needed repaired or broken. It is easy to set up and take down. It has a heavy duty plug and cord and it can be moved easily because it has wheels to tilt it on. It is also easy to store and doesn't take up much room when it's in storage mode.

Original review: May 24, 2017

ProForm is a less expensive brand but durable. This should be a more popular brand. It lasts a very long time plus it looks attractive. There are one guards under the treadmill itself for easier impact on the knees, much less strain and much easier than walking on concrete. Very easy to set up, easy instructions and lightweight pieces to connect. It came with a screwdriver for me. The operation of the machine is very good and simple. However, I dislike the preset speeds it has since they are too fast for the average user like myself. Other than that everything is still holding up after a good ten years of heavy use.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I like many features about my ProForm Treadmill including the fact that it has handrails so if I stumble I won't fall all the way down and I'll just keep running. Some features that I dislike about my ProForm treadmill is that it has a judgy vibe to it when I am not using it. I feel like it is glaring at me as I watch TV. The process of set up and use of my ProForm treadmill is one of relative ease. It doesn't take a caveman to figure it out. Heck, even a politician could figure it out.

Original review: May 20, 2017

ProForm was a easy setup model out of the box, just have to put the side handles on and put the tray on. Only a screwdriver was needed but opening the box was somewhat hard. I can raise level while on it, have fixed. It has different workout levels, a heart rate meter, and it measures distance in miles walked/run and calories used. However, it only goes up 5 elevated levels. I also have to step off the mill to measure heart rate. It's heavy to move to another location and have to remember to oil the belt every 12 months or so.

Original review: May 19, 2017

It is easy to use but I had the technician put it together. I like the different settings, like the hit and hills. I also like the color and the way it folds for storage. I like the way it works well. I like a lot of other things about it also, almost everything about it. On the other hand, I dislike the price. It was too expensive including the insurance.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I have a ProForm Crosswalk. It's easy to set up and use, basically just plug in and go as we bought this used but wish it could fold up. It's a decent treadmill for the cost, works for all members of my family. I like the emergency stop button and that it can change speed and elevation easily. I like the Crosswalk feature, digital readout on time, calories, etc. It has all features that we need. I wish it was a little wider to give me more room and a bigger book stand to put my Kindle on. Also digital readout could be brighter. Also would like it to fold up to put away but it does not. It is also very heavy.

Resolution response: June 5, 2017

Sweatband have kindly replaced the treadmill, no thanks to Proform who refused to honour the life-time frame warranty. Sweatband, on the other hand, resolved the problem professionally.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I purchased a ProForm treadmill from Sweatband mid-2013. I had nothing but trouble with it as the suspension and shock absorption were never right, and the treadmill made a dreadful noise. An engineer came out twice. The noise and instability of the treadmill worsened recently and to my utter surprise there was a 2 inch crack on the steel frame (not on a join) under the hood where the motor is.

The treadmill came with a lifetime frame warranty, but both Sweatband and ProForm are denying that I had registered the product within 28 days. Regardless, as per Sweatband's marketing, the 28 day registration was to extend parts and labour for 2 years (instead of the default one year). It was not for the lifetime frame warranty. They cannot explain how protected steel can crack and have just fobbed me off. The product has been discontinued (ProForm 705 ZLT) therefore I believe it had a design fault. I am taking legal action for false marketing and for being sold a faulty product.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Proform is very easy to set and it comes with directions in case but it is all self explanatory so even I was able to do it and the instructions were even in a few different languages for people who do not speak or read English. I like that I can pick the speed I want and choose the incline and set your goal for calories or distance or time and hook up my iPod so I have music. The only thing is that the controls or handsets on handles are touchy so when I want to incline it sometimes keeps going up more than I wanted but it only does that on occasion.

Original review: May 14, 2017

ProForm’s actual operation is reliable and excellent. I like the amount of information (such as speed, steps, calories burned, etc.) it provides about and during the workout and all the various options on how to use it - speed, programs etc., but wish the front part (where the display is with all the info referenced above) and the treadmill part itself was a bit smaller/lighter and therefore easier to store if necessary, and move/reposition so I don't feel stuck in one place.

Original review: May 13, 2017

ProForm is interesting for us so far. High quality, works without any problems. The thing has all the bells and whistles as far as a treadmill goes. I actually enjoy it and I haven't had any problems so far with it so I'm a happy customer as of now. My boyfriend does the process of setting it up and taking it down but we have an exercise room so we don't really ever have to set up or take down.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I like that the treadmill (ProForm) was a newer version of the latest treadmills. I had very smooth walks, jogs, and runs while using this treadmill. I use this treadmill every day and it helped me maintain my body type and to lose extra weight that I had gained in the past. I still use this treadmill to this day. At first, it was difficult to set up the treadmill because it was the first time I had owned a treadmill. But then I called a few people that I knew had treadmills. And they helped me figure it out and made it a very easy process. And it took me no time to have the treadmill up and working. The machine was very bulky and took up a lot of space in my living room.

Original review: May 8, 2017

After reading the other reviews concerning the customer service I had to get on here and refute the claims. I had nothing but good, professional and courteous response from them concerning an in-warranty treadmill issue.

Original review: May 5, 2017

The ProForm treadmill is bulky and a bit too large. It's very heavy, which makes it difficult to move. The tread is not super smooth in movement, and a bit noisy. But it has rollers on the front end, so when folded up, you can roll it around. Use and settings are easy to change and adjust. I like that the settings include adjustable incline and speeds. Shows progress/distance through lights around track. Has timer and calorie counter. Control of setting Includes a adjustable fan. It suits my purposes and use.

ProForm Treadmills expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.

• Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.

• Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.

• Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.

• 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.

• Best for: ProForm treadmills are best for walkers, runners and elite runners.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

ProForm Treadmills Company Information