ProForm Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The ProForm treadmill is bulky and a bit too large. It's very heavy, which makes it difficult to move. The tread is not super smooth in movement, and a bit noisy. But it has rollers on the front end, so when folded up, you can roll it around. Use and settings are easy to change and adjust. I like that the settings include adjustable incline and speeds. Shows progress/distance through lights around track. Has timer and calorie counter. Control of setting Includes a adjustable fan. It suits my purposes and use.

Setting my ProForm treadmill up was easy, and the instructions were easy to understand. It is easy to operate, and all the buttons are descriptive and mostly self-explanatory. The help manual is also very helpful for any additional questions. I like the safety feature (red key with clip), it gives me a sense of security so I can exercise freely. It also has a wide range of speeds and program options. But I dislike the fact that the base of it, the conveyor portion, gets kind of hot sometimes. However, this is the only downside.

The people from Sears set my ProForm treadmill up, so was very easy to start using. Operating the treadmill was very easy. All the controls are right in front of you so easy change while using. I can change speeds, it is self-lubricating, has an incline I can use and some programmed workouts I can use. It had a heart monitor rate belt that you can use to keep track of heart rate. It also has a safety feature, it will stop if the key is pulled out like if you fall. There are no features I dislike. When I first got some of the silicone sprayed on my carpet, so having some kind of protection to prevent this would help. Maybe be more shock-absorbent to help the knees and feet would be nice.

I think ProForm is a really great brand. I like how it's a really sturdy product and also how it still works after all these years after I've used and abused it. It gives great exercise for my leg muscles. But I'd like more configurations. I would like to be able to adjust it so that it gives me more resistance when I run. It gave me something of an incline while I run and so I would like it. I think that there are a little too many buttons on it. However it is pretty easy to use. I think the button settings may take a little while to get used to but overall it is a wholesome experience.

I have to assemble my ProForm treadmill once I got it and took me about 30 mins to put the whole thing together. There is a built-in heart rate monitor and I can play MP3 with the treadmill. There is also a large LCD for me to use that helps me navigate the treadmill and use all the functions. There are also many setting and apps for me to use. But I think the MP3 feature is kinda bad because I tend to have my own phone with me all the time. Heart rate monitor is the same. My Apple watch does the same thing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

I like the incline, speed, and led display to be able to keep track of progress. The structure is very sturdy, very well built and has all the features I want. However, it takes a lot out of me sometimes, could have better balance. The cup holder is a little small. It could also have a tv built in, dvd to use. But it do the work for me all the time and very easy to set up. Out of box only took 10 minutes to set up. Setting are very easy to set and adjust while working out.

I had the men who delivered the ProForm treadmill set it up. They had it put together fairly quickly in 15 minutes or so and was fully functional when they left. I like that I can choose what kind of terrain to exercise on whether it's uphill, flat terrain, etc. It also has an emergency button that I can hit to stop it in case I fall. It can go up to 15 miles an hour which is nice for me to use to exercise my dog who is slightly overweight. However, I would like if the treadmill could rise up at an angle more so than it does now. I would also like if my treadmill could link with my heart rate monitor that I'm wearing and display it on the screen.

ProForm has cushioning to protect my joints. I love how when running I feel less impact which makes me feel better. I also love the integration of guided workouts which makes me look forward to working out. However, the space saving design isn't that useful to me. I don't feel the way it folds saves me much space, so I keep it tucked away in the corner of my room. But it's easy to use. Once set up everything to figure out. I just plugged in the machine, jumped on and started playing. I love tinkering over reading the manual, which I'll do if I have to, and this treadmill made it easy to navigate through all the options.

I really enjoy the entire ProForm feature because I can wrap up my workout. It has a built-in fan as well as a place for my headphones and I can check my pulse. It's great with all of its features, easy to use, I can go fast or slow with an incline or regular, it's just a great tool. All the buttons have big writing and are easy to read. The on and off buttons and all of the features are easy to find.

We ordered our ProForm treadmill, took weeks to get here. Dropped it off in the garage. Didn't even bring it in our home. The guys were lazy and rude. For the money we spent we should have went to another company that would treat us with the respect we gave them. Stay far away.

ProForm is foldable for storage, has a heart rate monitor, adjustable incline, has a nice large LCD console display, 18 workout apps and great cushion. I enjoyed it but I would like a tv or radio attached but I do have a music port to plug in my iPod so that's just as good. It was very easy to set up with step for step directions and I followed them so I had no problems.

I like that ProForm inclines and has specialized programs to make me work harder. It also has a fan that helps keep me cool and dry. It has set schedules of inclines and hills to make me work harder and longer. The timer helps move time along. I also like that I can listen to music I can plug into it easily. However, I dislike how loud it is. It is hard to hear anything while I'm using it. I also dislike how heavy it is and that it was quite expensive and sometimes the belt sticks and makes me feel like I may fall. I don't like that it's so bulky and cumbersome when it's out. It takes up too much space unless it's stored in its folded position. But it was easy to set up. It folds away for easy storage when not in use. It has wheels that help to roll it out of the way much easier. It has a program that you can choose manual settings or you can customize a program to suit your specific needs and work out routines. Overall it is needed.

With ProForm, I can use my iPod to listen to music. It calculates my heart rate, miles, and speed. I can stop it anytime if I want to get off and perform other exercises and then just restart from where I left off. I just turn it on, attach the safety string to treadmill and one end to me. Hit whether I want to walk, jog, run or use the inclines. I can incorporate it into any routines. I can also use the SD card that comes with it to perform other routines. I am very happy and I love the treadmill. It does everything I need.

Proform treadmill's construction is fairly good. It's my first treadmill bought low to mid range priced. I like the programs and the ease of use. It's not too big and yet strong enough. However, I have problems hitting the front cover of the tread when holding on to the handles which causes me to stumble a little... I also dislike the placement of controls. And my feet hit the cover when I hold on to the bars tread - need to extend further in the front of the machine. But it is easily moved and was easy to assemble. I did it by myself didn't take to long. Parts were damaged during shipping but call service center and was helped and sent replacement part quickly.

The Proform xp 615 has all digital all settings for great workouts. It's easy to use. I feel like I really don't have to go to the gym and love the privacy using right in my own home not having to feel like I'm in some competition working at my pace and comfortability. I wish it had a built in tv with headphone jack plugin being while you're working out the time passes that much more quickly. Nevertheless, it was extremely easy set. Was more or less unfold and tighten up screws. As far as operation goes very self explanatory as to what workout you want to do on a given day and just as you would find in a health fitness center. I love the quick shut off safety feature for the key as I've had to use once for an emergency stop feature since I move had MCL surgery prior and my knee had buckled once.

The ProForm is a great product and very efficient and you can set it up all by yourself. It is lightweight and portable and it was easy to assemble with easy to read instructions and a lightweight box. It had built in speakers, workouts, fan and calorie monitor. It also has adjustable speeds and elevation. It would be nice if I had bluetooth capability so I didn't have to plug in my phone. The ability for me to program my own workouts and save them would be nice too.

I like that the Proform treadmill has different settings for the different intensity of workouts. I also like that it folds up and tucks away into the corner and takes up lil space. The treadmill has quite a few features that some may like and others may not like. I dislike how you can't connect it to the internet to track calories burned. I would also put a cupholder that fits sports drinks better and also maybe somewhere to put your phone while listening to music. But its really not much to improve as it works very well. Also, it was quite easy to set up. It was a lil bit heavy but it worked well right out of the box without any complications whatsoever.

Although I registered my new treadmill I have not been able to contact customer service in any form. When I call I receive a message that no account is associated with my phone number. Live chat does not work and the email form requires the serial number which won't accept my number. I have never experienced such deplorable customer service.

The Proform treadmill is very true to the speed it lists, not lower or faster. I like that it is commercial grade, it is a heavy duty machine and has iFit features, it has a wide base and holds a person up to 350 pounds. The one thing I would change is that I wish the fan was stronger, it is very weak and you can barely feel it at all. Other than that I have no complaints about the treadmill. It is very easy to use, I lower the baseball using the hydraulic lever and hit my settings and I start my workout.

I ordered a treadmill, waited a few weeks for some sort of call to schedule delivery, when the call never came, I started calling them. No one helps you, they never get back to you, they gave me a phone number to their shipping department that is no longer in service. And the cherry on the sundae is I finally got an email from them, after almost 4 WEEKS and it was to say that my treadmill was returned to ProForm because the warehouse damaged it! Called them and was put on eternal hold. STAY AWAY from ordering from their website, go to a store and buy one!

Never... Ever will I buy a ProForm Treadmill again!!! Bought it in August of 16 and now on my second motor. I paid out of pocket the first time to get it fixed. I asked if they could give me something for reimbursement. They said no. They can not do that. Now I am waiting for a call and another week of a broken treadmill before their "trained" technician can fix it. The supervisor Cheyenne was no help and interrupted me. VERY VERY RUDE!!!

I enjoy using the ProForm GTS Crosswalk. It fits mine and my daughter’s needs. It is also very easy to use and put together. All you need to do is insert plastic key and then turn it on. You slide the bar up to whatever speed you need. It is quiet and has the handles to exercise the arms, too. It folds down and tucks away in the corner of the room. It has a cup holder for water. It is very heavy though and a little bit long.

Proform has numerous settings so you can adjust it to your specific requirement. It can be set to automatically change speed and incline, or it can be set to specific speed and incline and changed manually. It shows speed, incline, distance, time, and calories burned during the session. It has a cable that can be clipped onto your clothes that will immediately turn off the treadmill and sound an alarm if it's disconnected from the machine. It can be folded so it takes up less space. I would like it to be easier to fold up though. It's rather heavy and awkward so I just keep it unfolded. But, that inspires me to use it every time I walk by it. It's extremely easy to set up and use. Even though it has numerous setting options they are well labeled and self explanatory.

Proform treadmill is easy to set up and very easy to use. It folds up and stores very well. Every thing on it is self explanatory. I like that it tells how many miles you walk and how many calories you burn. It keeps track of your heart rate and your incline. No need for any books or manuals because its all computerized. However, a fan would be nice so you could cool off as you walk. It would also be nice if it had either music or a little portable dvd so you could be distracted when you were walking and to take your mind off things. I think you would be able to walk longer.

I like that ProForm has speed, calorie counting, incline and distance features so I can track the progress of my workout. With all of these I feel a bit smarter that I know exactly how many calories I'm burning and the distance I can run in xy minutes. When I first bought the treadmill, I had the deliverers place it in the basement as it was too heavy for me to put there on my own. I then had to do some minor work like put on the wheels, assemble to rail and the control panel.

Ordered a Proform Power 995i two years ago and had to replace the console four times through warranty. The first time I had to replace it was when it was in use and the power went out. The second time, the power went out while in use. The third time, the power went out. The fourth time, someone hit the power switch. Every time we turned the treadmill back on, it would be stuck in loading screen. On our fourth conversation with the warranty provider, they said that the treadmill has to be unplugged each and every time after use according to the instructions manual and that they would not help us again. That is like buying a television where you would have to unplug it every time you turn the tv off.

The Instructions manual also says "Servicing other than the procedures in this manual should be performed by an authorized service representative only." The instructions manual doesn't cover how to replace the console, yet they wanted me to do it each and every time. They were kind enough to provide us a replacement console, but has come to the point where we don't want to turn the treadmill on because we might damage the console firmware.

We also called Proform and the only help they were able to provide was, "We are unable to provide you another console because you left the treadmill plugged in." I told him we already had a new console and the problem lies in the firmware being damaged when the treadmill is in use and the power goes out. Needless to say, stay away from Proform! Did I forget to mention that the treadmill has an on and off switch, yet we still have to unplug the treadmill. In order for me to use the treadmill properly, I would have to plug the treadmill in, turn on the power switch, then insert the safety key. Worst equipment ever and yes, we also plug it in to a surge suppressor.

We really love our ProForm treadmill and elliptical. We like that it can count your steps and calculates how many calories burned. My favorite and most useful to me is that it monitors my heart rate the entire time. It's the greatest exercise equipment out there, my whole family uses it on a daily basis. We love it and can't imagine not having it. Thanks Proform for making such great equipment.

Ordered a treadmill, waited two weeks, nothing. I had an email that stated it would be shipped in two weeks. I called, they said it's on back order and they have no idea when it will be available. Yeah I kind of wanted to use now not whenever they get around to it. They offered me a model that was similar and the same price so I looked it up. It doesn't fold. Why would I pay the same price for a machine that doesn't do one of the biggest features of the treadmill I chose to purchase? I called back, waited forever until I got a person, when I did I asked to cancel. Guy was really short with me, did not ask me why I wanted to cancel and they had no interest in saving business. Let's see if I actually get my money back.

I have really enjoyed this treadmill. I have had both knees replaced and it has been a great asset in keeping me toned up, giving me the miles of walking I need to do with the rain and cold we have been having.

Bought this treadmill as a replacement for a NordicTrack. The first time on it, the speed seemed off from what I was used to on the NordicTrack. For each mile, Fitbit said I was only doing 1710 steps which means my stride would have been 37". On a trail, I take 2000-2100 steps per mile. Because things didn't seem right, I measured the belt length then ran the treadmill at 4 mph and timed how long it took for the 124" belt go rotate 20 times (42 seconds). From there, I calculated the actual speed of the treadmill and it came out to 3.355 mph - a full 12% slower than the readout.

The treadmill also said that I was burning 170 calories per mile which is ridiculously high number, even with a 4% grade. Should be a maximum of about 120 for a 180 lb male. I have a support message into ProForm about this but I'm not hopeful that I'll hear back from them so my plan is to do some testing to create a graph which translates treadmill speed/distance readout to actual speed/distance and then just assume 120 calories per mile at 4% grade. Shouldn't have to do this but I'm not inclined to go through the hassle of returning this thing. Best I can do is to warn everybody else.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.
  • Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.
  • Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.
  • Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.
  • 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.
  • Best for ProForm treadmills are best for walkers, runners and elite runners.

Compare Treadmills