3.9/5 (344 ratings)

About ProForm Treadmills

ProForm Treadmills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Treadmills?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I am using this treadmill in my classroom so my students can work off some excess energy and then, hopefully, focus on their assignments. We've all heard about childhood obesity, so when I got this product at a reduced price in exchange for a fair and honest review, I couldn't resist the opportunity. I didn't want a real high-end model, in fear that my students might ruin it. The model I got is perfect. The motor and track are heavy and sturdy. The arms and other pieces assembled together quickly and the instructions were clear. I didn't need to call for support but appreciated that the information was included in case I did. The quiet, smooth-gliding track shouldn't be too distracting in the classroom, but the treadmill is a new addition, so all the kids want their turn and focus on when that will happen. I know the novelty will fade, but the ProForm, thankfully, will be in the classroom for the long haul.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

When our new ProForm treadmill was delivered, the 55' trailer couldn't pull into our driveway, so the driver unloaded the box alongside the road. Luckily my husband was home at the time and he dragged the box into our garage. I was upset about the delivery but I was still excited to get the product. I helped unpack the undamaged treadmill, handed the parts to my husband, and I was using it nearly an hour later. I didn't need to call customer service to complain about the delivery as I anticipated. Everything worked out fine - including my first workout on our new ProForm!! This ProForm is the second treadmill that we've owned, but it is the first one that we've purchased new. I am really glad we have this ProForm! It is much quieter and the track rotates much more evenly and smoothly than what I was used to using. I feel confident allowing our kids to use it too. We received the product at a reduced price for this honest review.

Get buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

This is a great value for a Treadmill. Not all of the bells and whistles of more expensive models but has what you need for a good workout. It came with iFit subscription. The instructions included with the product made it a easy to assemble even though I do not do this type of assembly often. I appreciated that there is a 90 day warranty included with the product and the option to purchase extended warranty if we so choose. I also found the exercise and stretching guidelines to be useful and I am looking forward to getting the free meal guide which is available on request via mail. The treadmill itself is basic and a good value for the cost. Easy setup and great for space saving as it can be folded up when not in use. I received a discounted product in exchange for my honest feedback.

Jane

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your treadmill and the great space-saving features.

We hope you continue to enjoy using your treadmill and find the meal guide helpful.

We are here for you if you ever need help.

Thanks! ProForm

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I have the Proform treadmill because I heard many great things about it, especially if you are looking for one that is compact and a space saver! I got this for my one bedroom apartment because I have been avoiding the gym due to covid. This fits perfectly in the corner and can fold with ease when I am not using it. I contacted customer service upon delivery and was connected with an agent very quickly. The agent was prompt and courteous and was able to help me very quickly. This comes with both a manual and account type of setup. I chose the manual type and it is exactly what I needed for my days when I would like to walk or run. Very happy!

Sara

We’re stoked that this treadmill has worked so well for your personal space so you can keep working on your fitness goals while staying safe at home.

If you ever need anything, feel free to contact us via Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I purchased a ProForm treadmill because I was looking for an at home piece of equipment. This fell within my price range and I had seen some good reviews of this company. Once I received it, I was pleased to see that it was a well built treadmill and that came with a free trial to IFit. The machine was easy to set up and does fold up to conserve space. The IFit trial is great because it works in conjunction with the treadmill to mimic intensity and terrain changes. The user does have the option to choose from many trainers from around the world so that you can always find a program to keep you interested. I bought this product just looking for a routine treadmill but I received a machine that I think will keep me motivated to continue with my workouts from home. I did receive this product at a discount in exchange for my honest review.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Updated on 08/29/2022: After many phone calls (no ans or on hold for over hr) & emails re: 6mth old treadmill stopped working. With no warranty, they could not assist us. This should not have happened after only 6 months. We thought it may be the motor, it was very very difficult to find the one that our machine used. The website was not helpful and only after the company discovered we had no warranty, and had contacted Consumer Affairs then we were directed to the correct department for our purchase of the motor.

Original Review: Purchased treadmill new on 2/15/22. It starts, then stalls & restarts for no reason, when first starting to walk. Now the motor has failed. Can't find an exact replacement motor ( 82zy6-1). 6 Months old. Not happy.

Charles

We are sorry to hear that your unit is not working properly. We’ll be happy to assist you in getting your treadmill up and running as soon as possible. Please reach out to us directly by sending us a direct message on Facebook, calling us at (833) 680-4348, or emailing us at Support@iFIT.com so we can assist you.

Thanks! - ProForm - Powered by iFIT

Original review: May 21, 2022

I bought my Proform treadmill in Feb 2021. Bought treadmill from Best buy. My first one was damaged so best buy had to come get damaged treadmill and deliver a new one. After owning it for one month it would suddenly power down and power back up quickly. So I called customer service. They sent me a power cord. Told me I had to replace it myself. That did not fix my issue. It kept quickly stopping and going again with monitor shutting down and starting back up again. So customer service sent me a circuit board and told me to install that myself. By the time the circuit board was delivered and I installed it 2 months went by. That didn't fix the issue so they set me up with a repair man. The repair man told me the motor needed to be replaced. Customer service sent me a motor that took 2 months to be delivered and the repair man installed it. After that my treadmill worked ok until April 2022.

In April I noticed while using it the treadmill seemed to speeding up just a little bit as I was on it. It seemed to be faster when I had it on my normal 4mph. So I dialed it back. On April 28th in the morning workout I noticed the treadmill doing the quick stop and start again 2 times in my hour workout. Then that afternoon I turned my treadmill on 4mph. Stepped on it, after stepping on it the treadmill sped up to the fastest speed of 10 on its own. I tried to grab the hand rails to catch myself but didn't. I ended flying backwards landing on my dog's crate/kennel that sits a few feet behind it. I pulled a muscle in my back and side as I tried to catch myself. I called customer service right away. I asked to speak to a manager. I was rest assured by the man I spoke to he would make sure I get a refund for the machine. I was on the phone 45 minutes with him. He took video of treadmill. Told me he was filing the claim for to start the process of the refund.

He told me I would hear from another department in 3-5 days. He seemed concerned about my treadmill. Told me he had heard of proform treadmills doing that before. I told him I no longer wanted that treadmill and did not trust it and wouldn't use it. 3 days went by. I didn't hear from anyone. Never got a confirmation email so I called again. This time I get a manager named Emma. She couldn't find the complaint or the filing of the refund the gentleman was supposed to do 3 days prior. By this point I'm so frustrated I wanted to scream. I'm tired of this company not fixing my treadmill issues correctly. I'm tired of having a treadmill that I owned for 14 months but couldn't use 4-5 months of that time. She told me she seen the video he took but didn't see the claim. So Emma said she was filing the claim that I would hear from the legal dept with in 30 days about a resolution.

I told her my only resolution is a refund. I don't trust this treadmill and wouldn't use it. I explained to her that I fell and pulled muscles. She also told me she had heard of a few other proform treadmills doing what mine did. I got a follow up email from Emma. Thought this time maybe I would get a refund. A couple weeks later I heard from someone else not from legal department trying to call and email me about getting my treadmill repaired. I replied to her by email explaining to her I made it very clear in my complaint I did not want it fixed and my resolution is a refund. I don't feel like this company cares about their customers. I am to the point I have contacted a few lawyers and thinking of a small claims or lawsuit. I am someone who uses my treadmill everyday 2 hours a day. So this is very frustrating and disappointing that this company won't do what they need to do to give me good customer service.

Raquel

Possible injuries on our machines are taken very seriously. Any reports of injuries are immediately sent to legal authorities for further investigation. It takes approximately 30-60 days to respond to these reports.

We recommend at least 8 feet of clearance behind treadmills and 2 feet on each side for safety.

We will flag your account for further escalation. We thank you for your patience as we reach a resolution for you as soon as possible.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: April 8, 2022

I can’t attest to how the actual treadmill is but the company has been a nightmare to deal with. I’m a couple of days shy of 3 months since ordering and still have not received the machine despite it being “in stock” when I ordered it. It finally reached the local delivery company and they scheduled our delivery day which has come and gone and we have yet to hear an updated delivery time despite trying to do their online chat, filling out their contact us form, and calling which I held as long as they allowed and they gave me an automatic message that they’d call back when a representative was available. Apparently a representative still is not available. Such **. What a nightmare! I’ll never deal with Proform again.

Andru

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by these supply chain issues and delayed shipping.

Thank you for your patience as we attempt to resolve this and provide you with a solution. If you need us to look into more options, please contact us at the email given via pm.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: March 18, 2022

I purchased your treadmill, the activation code never worked, and I called customer service several times with no help. You either are on hold forever, when I did get a person she said she was going to get me a new activation code and put me on hold, then after being on hold for 20 minutes I got disconnected. Do NOT WASTE your money. I have wasted over 3 hours trying to get this problem resolved, attempting to get an activation code and a working treadmill! I am considering hiring an attorney. What a total rip off!!!

Janet **

Cell # **

J

We are sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused by this oversight. We can get this resolved as soon as possible. Our customer service department has faced higher than usual volumes over the last couple of months and we regret the delay it has caused to members like you.

Please contact us at the provided details in our private message so we can remedy this situation in an expedited manner.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Had 4 no shows from their technicians to service my elliptical. Took four months to come out. Finally a young man showed up who appeared to have zero knowledge of the product. Did a horrible job and I ended up using my tools to make repairs. I would not accept a product from this company if it was free. Horrible product and service experience. I later found out it is common practice for their technicials to not show up. STAY AWAY from anything that ICON makes. They are the main company that sells all these products under different names.

Mark

We are very sorry about the inexperience and delay represented by this service experience. We hire 3rd party technicians in your immediate area to service equipment. We would like to look into this and ensure that our 3rd-party hire is offering the exemplary service we expect.

Please email us at the contact information provided in the private message so we can look into this further.

ProForm Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman

ProForm has been engineering fitness equipment for over 30 years. Their treadmills are designed for both gym and home use, with prices starting at $999. ProForm has a treadmill for every level of runner.

• Pro series: ProForm’s Pro series treadmills have extra cushioning and professional-grade construction, making them ideal for elite and avid runners. The Pro 9000 is a gym-quality treadmill that is designed for home use. It is iFit enabled and has a 4.25 HP commercial grade motor, along with other features.

• Premier series: The Premier series provides current fitness technology for avid runners at a lower cost than Pro series treadmills. Features include an adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled touchscreen and 3.0-3.5 CHP motor.

• Sport series: The Sport series offers a budget-friendly treadmill for walkers and recreational runners. Features include iFit Bluetooth capabilities and a 2.0-2.5 CHP motor.

• Boston series: ProForm’s Boston series treadmills are designed with the Boston marathon in mind, with features such as automatic incline/decline adjustment, speeds up to 15 miles per hour and footage from the Boston marathon to help you train for the event.

• 30-day free trial: Try your ProForm treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, return it and only pay the cost of return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Advisor

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

ProForm Treadmills Company Information