3.22/5

78 ProForm Exercise Bikes Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 9, 2017

The ProForm bike is comfortable. It is adjustable and has different biking levels, different terrain and lots of options for my workout. One of the best I've used. Glad I made the purchase. Price could be cheaper and a lot less difficult to set up. After you brought it home needs some upkeep to keep it working right but still a good brand. It's very easy to use. But it needs a lot of room to be used. If you have a small home or apartment then I wouldn't buy it. But if you have lots of room it's a good buy.

Original review: March 8, 2017

The set up for this ProForm bike is extremely easy. When you receive the bike, it looks difficult at first but it is really not. You can read the instructions inside the book and it explains everything. The features that I like on this bike is that I am able to connect my phone or iPod to the dock. I can exercise and enjoy listening to my music. I also like that there is a big display screen on the bike and I can view my progress. I enjoy everything about it. It is very lightweight, comfortable, easy to use, and you can achieve a great workout on the bike.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Purchased this bike (Proform XP Whirlwind 320), ordered through Costco, December 2013. Have used to this date no more than 50 hours. Left pedal shaft broke while wife was exercising nearly damaging her ankle. Tried to contact Proform's Customer Service to order new pedal - called, was disconnected four times. Finally contacted Sales Department - they answered after five minutes, and told me that they would switch to the parts department. On hold with parts 30 minutes. Finally pleasant girl answered and said I needed to re-register my model. Then ordered the part for pedal and was told it would be over $60 plus tax and shipping. I told her the shaft of the pedal broke and I was filing a complaint for defective equipment. Told them to cancel the order. Very dissatisfied with Proform company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I ordered an Proform 230 upright cycle at a local Sears home store on 1/26/2016. I paid cash. I was having the Bike shipped there to be picked up, to save myself $100.00. The Bike came, but was missing the upright bar. I called online to order it. When it didn't come as promised, I called another Sears phone number, which they tell me I'm not in their system, which means it never got ordered! Made another phone call, only to find out, can't get the part until May! Well, of course now I don't want this product, and the "Sears" Hometown store will not take it back or give me my money. I had to take it to a Big Sears stores 60 miles away. They were very nice, and refunded my purchase and took the Bike back! A horrible experience to say the least, and a very big waste of my time! I bought a Schwinn! It's a great Bike! Sorry Proform, you lost a customer.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2015

I purchased a Pro 5.0 Tour de France bike and a floor mat from ProForm. Received my shipment on 12/11/15. The screen was broken and there was no mat. I ordered a replacement screen that was supposed to be here in 3-5 business days on 12/14. As of today 12/27 still no part. I did received a notice that my mat shipped on 12/24 after several complaints thru their customer service. Still have not used this machine. Terrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Exercise Bikes?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I just bought a ProForm Tour de France bike (12/14/2015). It arrived broken. Customer Service consists of a third party that doesn't troubleshoot. Instead, it wants to buy parts and send out techs. That would take 5 days to purchase parts and 5 days to arrange the visit. Unfortunately, the item was purchased for my son's birthday tomorrow. When I called Customer Service to process a return, I was put in a queue for over an hour until the office closed. I'm extraordinarily displeased.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

Wish I would have seen this site before I ordered! It seems that this company is super shady. For one, you are unable to post a negative review on their website. I tried to post this review numerous times and I kept getting an "Error" message. I thought it was odd since other positive reviews were being posted on the same days that I tried. I figured they might automatically screen their reviews electronically for any "negative" reviews and automatically reject them, so I removed some of these negative words from my review - "poor," "beware," etc. I did this immediately after a "negative" review gave me the error message. Magically, my review was accepted once I removed these words. I received an email saying my review would be posted shortly, but it's still not up. I'm sure if your review makes it past the first round, a live employee screens and filters out the negative ones. Total b.s. if you ask me.

I purchased the Tour De France Pro around Thanksgiving 2014. I was only able to ride this about 5 times, as one day the computer just started showing an error screen that would just continue to pop up, making the machine unusable. So I sent an email and even tried their "Live Chat" to report the problem - no response on either inquiry - ever. So, I called Proform service (expect to be on hold a solid 20-30 minutes each and every time you call), and the rep was extremely unknowledgeable about the product. He did finally determine that I needed a new console. He told me it'd ship out the next day and they'd ship it priority, so I could expect it in 3-5 business days.

Well over a week passes with no console, so I call again. At first they can't find my part order (?), and then they tell me the item is on backorder and they do not even have an expected date when they will receive it. I was told to just continue to call back weekly to check if they received it. Really, continue to call back weekly and sit on hold for a half hour for them to probably tell me the same thing? Called again yesterday and they still don't know when the console will be in. Very disappointed as I purchased this solely to ride in the winter, and I'm assuming I'll probably get the part in April/May, when it's nice enough to ride outdoors.

Worst part about all this is that customer service does not care AT ALL about fixing the problem. And the company obviously does not care about fixing the problems they have with their equipment (it seems like multiple people have the exact same problem - consoles going out, parts that always break are never in stock, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if the company keeps all their parts on back order so that you burn through your warranty waiting for parts. I would strongly recommend against buying anything from this company. Customer service is horrible, and the company does everything in it's power to hide complaints/bad reviews. I would never buy from this company again!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

Bought a 2012 Proform Tour De France bike. Looks great. Belt slipped, had 3 service visits, swapped out rear gear to larger size, adjustment screw now won't fit through the right side cowling. Looks like crap for $1500. Interface is spotty on wireless connectivity even with 90+% signal. Arduous interface. Has taken repeated tries to attempt to get DHCP to work, password, ifit user name and password are entered one letter at a time using arrow and enter keys. Functionality of the interface is an embarrassment.

iFit sucked the first year or so, never used the bike nor iFit for 2013/14. Now trying again. Now the mapping will save a bike workout over 10 miles. Wa-hoo! How about my $99 back for my 2013 iFit subscription to hell? Going to put an APC battery backup on it to power it so I don't have to take another hour+ to re-enter and successfully get the unit functional again with my credentials. Version 3 unit looks nice, but I'm tempted to manufacture a competitive product with a real interface (better than the tablet attached to V3).

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

Purchased a ProForm CSX 215 for €254.10 ($299USD) in January 2013, it lasted LESS than an entire year before the resistance started to break down. Eventually the resistance did not work at all, one of the pedals stripped and broke off, and finally after calling the company, we were told that the bike "had to be registered within 30 days" and that the warranty only covered the bike for 90 days. This company deceptively made it seem like the bike was covered for FIVE YEARS, since that is the first thing you read from their warranty blurb. Turns out it is only the FRAME that is covered for five years, which you could not break if you took a freaking battleaxe to it. The parts and other stuff? Not covered at all. Nothing that actually makes the bike WORK.

Calling the company, we found that it would cost €126.88 ($150USD) as a FLAT CHARGE to even have the friggin' technician come out to look at it and that additional fees would be charged for the parts and labour to repair it. THIS IS ABSURD! The bike cost €254.10 NEW and they want more than half the price of the freaking thing JUST TO LOOK AT IT? DO NOT, DO NOT do business with these people. The other reviews on this website speak volumes as to how shady they are. Wish we could rate LESS than one star.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

Don't even think about buying exercise equipment from icon or ProForm. I bought the ProForm Tour de France a couple years ago and it has never worked as promised. Oh sure it is an okay exercise bike. It is worth about $400. I paid over a grand for it so that I could use the nice google maps, iFit links, internet updates, etc. NONE of that stuff ever worked. Not even once. This product is a failure. I was a sucker to fall for it but I gave it lots of time for icon to work out the bugs. Today I tried to upload the latest firmware thinking they had probably fixed all the bugs by now. Wrong! Now nothing even works. I spent a couple hours on their chat line getting dumped over to dead ends. After repeated attempts, I finally reached a very helpful live human on the phone.line. She even admitted that it was a piece of crap. There is no fix and never will be a fix. She was nice but convinced me that I have wasted money and time with icon and ProForm. Time for craigslist!

Original review: June 30, 2014

Zx2 exercise bike - I'd give less than one star, if possible. This exercise bike has been a major disappointment. Despite being nearly new and having light use as I rehabbed from knee surgery, the control console has gone from working somewhat to not working at all, making a loud knocking and buzzing sound. Sought online help from Pro-Form and it was determined it needed a new console, priced about the same or more than a new bike.

Original review: March 6, 2014

Ordered my Tour De France bike in October. It was back ordered, so I didn't receive it until 12/28/14. Put it together and started riding. A little over a week later it started knocking and coming apart. Called to have it repaired and spent over an hour on the phone. I was told I would have to take it apart and tell them what part was broken.

After removing covet plates and another hour on the phone, we decided what parts needed to be replaced and they were ordered. The next a tech call and said he had added more parts to the ordered that would be needed. Over the next couple of weeks the parts started receiving the parts. The tech would call ever couple of days to see if all the parts had arrived. After a couple of weeks, without the parts I called and spent another hour on the phone trying to get parts.

I was told that some parts would not be available until May or later. After raising hell they decided to take them off a new bike and sent them (another hour on the phone). Finally, after weeks the tech comes to fix the bike. He was unable to fix because a bolt in the crankshaft could not be removed. He said that this was common in equipment made by ProForm in China because of lock-tight used.

He filed a report. And the next week, I called to find out when the would replace the bike I was told it would take 7 to 10 days to decide what they would do. (Another hour and a half raising hell on the phone.) Three days later, after being passed from department to department and person to person and more hours on the phone, I was told I would be contacted by someone with a resolution.

Then, I get a call from someone in another department that they wanted to send another Tech out to try to fix the bike and if he could not fix it it would take 4 to 6 weeks send a new bike. Still have not gotten new bike after 10 weeks and over 6 hours on the phone. I would not suggest that anyone buy anything from this company.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2014

The spin bike we purchased is 9 months old and needs the part that raises and lowers the unit. Contacted ProForm and they sent the part to us in about 5 days. They told us to install it but we said the warranty covers parts and labor. They said it was simple to install but we knew better from reading all the bad reviews on their warranties. They lied because you need a special wrench for the pedals that costs about $20.00 and didn't mention that during our conversation. We opted for a technician. The technician called about one week later to schedule but never showed up, then called again and never showed up. We contacted the technician again and now have to wait another week for him to possibly show up (have fun with that one). The bike still works but is very noisy and sounds like it will stop any minute now. All the reviews we read on the internet tell everyone to stay away from ProForm because of the horrible warranty service when needed. Good bike but horrible warranty promises. Would not recommend ProForm! Over two weeks and one more week at this time to wait for a repair.

Original review: May 4, 2013

I have not been able to use my model PFEX01312.0 TDF bicycle trainer since upgrading the software. I have spent countless hours waiting on the telephone to talk to a service technician, only to be disconnected either in mid-conversation or before ever reaching a technician. When I try to log onto iFit Live, I keep getting a message saying that my password was not accepted. After going back and forth for a month or more, I got a message saying that my membership to iFit Live had expired. After renewing my membership, I still have the same problem. I was asked for my username and password. They sent me a new user name, but not a new iFit Live login password. I am still unable to log on to iFit Live and even though I have paid for a four year service contract. They still refuse to tell me who to contact to have a service person come to my home to fix the problem.

Original review: April 6, 2013

Proform 450 UR Repair - I have had this exercise bike for a couple of years, so I guess I did get more use out of it than a lot of the posts here. I would say the bike had average use. Recently the pulley that drives the flywheel became loose/broke and the machine obviously quit working. The part is easily removable from the shaft with a single slip ring. Unfortunately it does not show up on the exploded view in the manual and online. After several exchanges with Icon Fitness, I was notified that the part I need is only sold with the entire flywheel, which amazingly costs $890, which is a bit more than I paid for the entire bike. Clearly a scam. Icon Fitness has no intention of supporting their products once they get you to purchase it. When I started reviewing the other part prices, I found them to also be extremely excessive.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2012

I purchased a ProForm 290x spin bike in Feb. 2010. In January 2011, not even a year after purchasing this bike, while using it, the right pedal fell off while I was riding it. Luckily, I was not seriously hurt. But the pedal could not be installed back. After contacting customer service, which is not easy because they do not answer the phone, they make you put in your number and they call you back hours later and if you are not available to answer their call, then you have to start the whole process over again.

I found out that the warranty on this bike is only 90 days for parts! I will never purchase another ProForm bike or any fitness equipment with an icon 'fitness' ever again. After purchasing this part, costing me $90 with shipping and handling for a $300 whole bike, I was unable to fix the bike because the old part will not come off and they do not send you any instructions on how to fix the bike.

Do not waste your time or money on this bike or company. They do not stand behind their products and their customer service is awful!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2012

I have a Pro Form 965R recumbent bike. The right pedal sheared right off the drive arm. I contacted the company. They tell me due to age and metal fatigue this could occur. They are more than willing to sell you the 2 replacement parts for $170 plus shipping. I am of the opinion that this should not have occurred under normal usage, and was clearly a manufacturer defect. The company CEO should be arrested for screwing consumers! I would take them to court but it would not be worth the legal expenses!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2012

I purchased the 290 SPX spin bike. The left pedal is defective. Manual instructs me to contact Proform and do not contact the store. I've been trying to reach someone at Proform for three days. I was kept on hold for hours. I tried to have them call me back. They called back at 6 p.m. I missed the call and tried to call right back and got a "we are closed" message. I don't want to deal with this company. I'm taking it back to the store where I purchased it.

ProForm Exercise Bikes Company Information