3.22/5

78 ProForm Exercise Bikes Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2017

This 135 CSX exercise bike was very easy to setup and the instructions were plain and simple even a child would have been able to put it together. I love this bike because it's very simple to operate and exercise on it. Simple instructions nothing fancy but it works for my legs muscles and my thighs. I really love my bike and wouldn't trade it for any other more expensive brand plain effective and simply works.

Original review: June 1, 2017

The ProForm 990S bike is very easy and comfortable to use. It sits in the room like a Chair. I do not have to do any setting up as it is a solid piece that I can just go get on and bike and it keeps track of calories burned, miles traveled, time spent and other measurements that help me keep track of my progress so I can see where I am needing to work harder at. As it is one piece it stays in one spot. I occasionally have to Change batteries in the meter but that is all I need to do, if I need to move it I can easily slide it on its rollers chair. It keeps track of chair so to speak.

I have an recumbent bike that I keep in my living room. The armrests keep me upright and the back supports my back. The seat is wide and is extremely comfortable. You can extend the pedals out so your legs stretch out more if it is needed. The style will allow you to sit up and be comfortable as in a regular chair not bending over for the handle bars and making my back sore. Since I have had two spine surgeries the support is very important and appreciated.

But it would be better if the seat was a bit more padded as it is thin and rather hard. A nice memory foam or something similar would be very nice. I would also make the back have a head rest or support that is padded. The next idea is for me personally. I would love a cup holder, as I will not ride on the road and I do 5 to 10 miles at a time and like my water very handy. The pedals could be smoother for people who pedal barefooted (me) as my feet get tender.

Original review: May 30, 2017

The bike was fairly easy to set up and I had no real issues putting the bike together myself with limited tools. Anyone can do it. You just need the space to be able to work. Good quality for price. I really liked the adjustable resistance of the pedals and how the digital display that recorded distance pedaled, the time spent on the bike, and how many calories were burned. However, I did not like the comfortability of the seat. It did not have enough cushion and caused discomfort after sitting for a while. I often took a pillow to sit on while exercising.

Original review: May 29, 2017

The ProForm Exercise Bike is fun and easy to use. I like the different speed options it offers and it has the best settings for every type of workout. However, I wish the Bike was made out of a sturdier material. It is thin and wouldn't hold up to much abuse. I have to be careful when I use it to not damage it. Nevertheless, it really helps with my different cardio workouts and I have noticed a big difference in my stamina since beginning riding it.

Original review: May 28, 2017

The ProForm Exercise Bike is very easy and fun to use. Set up was very simple - my husband was able to put everything together very quickly. All it takes is to step on the bike and begin. I like that it has a built in touchscreen display and Google maps routes that can take you anywhere in the world. Also it has a built in sound system where you can plug your phone in. Furthermore, it can also charge your phone. However, I wish the seat was higher and felt more like an actual bike. I miss the feeling of being on a spinner bike because the seat is much lower. It also doesn't feel like I'm working out my upper body. Additionally, I wish the seat was more comfortable and there was better padding for your back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Exercise Bikes?

Original review: May 27, 2017

It took my husband less than an hour to put together the ProForm Exercise Bike. He was impressed with how simple the instructions were to follow and that all of the tools you needed were provided. Before I knew it, I was exercising on it; definitely simple. I really enjoyed everything about the bike as it was designed with the consumer in mind. The bike has a full seat with a backrest which was my favorite feature.

I also enjoyed the fact that it was a hybrid machine. Although that meant the bike was larger than other bikes -- I was saving space and money in the end because I was getting two machines in one. However, due to the hybrid construction, I needed to grease the gears in this bike more so than I had with my previously owned bike. Nevertheless, this has been one of my favorite pieces of exercise equipment.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I own a ProForm exercise bike and the bike was too difficult for me to set up alone so I had my husband help me, the instructions were fairly clear but required 2 people to put it together. I like that it has many different options for speed control, and options for tension control to fit my needs each time I use it. I seat is also comfortable. But if I could change something I would change the pedals to have an option to protect you from getting your shoe laces stick in the pedals, this has hurt me a few times.

Original review: May 26, 2017

The ProForm is small and compact and doesn't take up a lot of room. It has a good digital display and keeps track of how many calories you burn. It can also load professional training programs. However, it is too noisy at high speed, uncomfortable seat for long periods of exercise and the stability could be improved. Some of the materials used could be done with higher quality. Nevertheless, it was easy to setup and program for varying degrees of resistance to get challenging workouts. Professional installation and setup are available, too.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Very easy set up, turn it on, touch screen to what I want, push go, decide how long I want to go, music, strength, degree. I just touch the screen and go to work. Maybe come in a blue color to match my walls and have a tv built in. But I like everything on my ProForm bike. The display screen, keeps tracks of my progress, different settings, comfortable, detailed in every way, lots of settings to choose from, looks great, good color and durable.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I love the fact my ProForm bike is lightweight, compact which doesn't take up much room, effective and was affordable. It couldn't have been easier to set up the bike. Once I took it out box, everything was provided and it was easy to put it together. I did it less than 45 minutes. The bike can easily be stored out of sight in a closet. The digital screen tracks my workout and it has a comfortable seat. The only issue I have is every so often I need to tighten things up so I wish it was a bit sturdier. While it comes with many features one thing is missing for me. I wish the bars were moveable so I could get an arm workout as well.

Original review: May 24, 2017

There was very little if any setup right out of the box. On a daily basis the ProForm bike is very easy to use with the 20 different resistance levels which help you maximize your workouts. It has a large screen which tracks your speed, time, distance as well as the number of calories burned. Also we like that we can connect our iPod and enjoy our music while we exercise. However, the seat is very uncomfortable which prevents me from being able to ride for long periods of time. Had to purchase a bicycle seat cover to make it more usable.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I really like the ProForm brand a lot. I had to have someone help me because I am not able to move items by myself because of my back but they put it together quickly. It is easy to use and is not at all noisy or make noises and it fits well in my exercise room in my house and it has a place to put my tablet. Also it's not too big. I would like to have an exercise bike that has a more comfortable seat. Why are the seats always so small. Make them large enough and more cushion for big butts.

Original review: May 20, 2017

The Pre-formatted s20 ekg bike is easy to use and operate. Setting the exercise bike up is also easy, it has an on and off button, it has a menu button to change between miles per hour mode, miles per hour scan mode, time riding the exercise bike, miles rode on the exercise bike, fat calories burned while riding the exercise bike, calories burned while riding the exercise bike, resistance while riding the exercise bike. It also has a button to program the bike and silent resistance change but the program button is a little confusing and the silent resistance change is not silent. I don't like the seat on the exercise bike and also the construction of the exercise bike. Also, I would like the screen to be bigger and clearer on the exercise bike.

Original review: May 19, 2017

This ProForm bike was easy to set up and easy to use as well. I do wish it didn't take up as much space, but in the better months it will go outside on to the patio. It is easy to move from one place to another in the house. But it didn't come with any kind of cover so I have to get one. Also, I do wish that it could go online so I could ride with others in real time. I wish it had the screen that showed different terrains and roads for riding. It would also be nice if it had an incline button for harder rides or if you could shift gears for a stronger work-out. But I like that this bike gives me a full body work-out and it is a great work-out. Its handles move to give me the exercise in my arms and upper body. You can set it at different speeds and it tracks your speed and miles. This bike is adjustable for different people and the whole family can use it for exercise. It's also pretty quiet compared to others I've tried in the past.

Original review: May 18, 2017

This ProForm belonged to an old roommate who took care of the setup / install process. He left it behind when he went to Vegas so I "inherited it". I just hop on & set it to the performance workout I want for the day & go. There is a screen to watch TV which helps make time go by faster, keeping me entertained. Digital numbers to keep up with my stats. Comfortable seat as well. The bike is kind of heavy, but that's to be expected with all of the features it has. I just leave it in the basement & go downstairs to use it. Overall I am happy with it.

Original review: April 5, 2017

The Pacer circuit track is easy to work. I Connect safety clip, turn it on to start at zero, adjust speed and incline and start walking. It is extremely easy to operate and gives you a good workout. It also has a safety feature that shuts it off in case you should fall or trip. I love that it keeps track of fat/regular calories burned, miles walked and heart rate monitor as well. It is also good to raise to an incline. The only dislike I can think of is that the speed should be able to be regulated at a faster speed. My balance forces me to hold on to bars, I would love the bars to be row bars for a better workout.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I would say that the ProForm 440 ES exercise bike is very unique and easy. I get on it at least about 3 hours to burn calories. And also it is very affordable. I don't have to pay 400 dollars for a exercise bike when I can just get it at 150 at Walmart. Also it is very durable and has good frame construction. I would say setting it up was easy step by step by reading the manual. I had trouble reading it but it was already set up when I had bought the product so there wasn't much to do by setting the bike up. I really love it. Because if it wasn't this I would not hesitate to get any exercise bike. I would just get on weight watchers. the exercise bike helped me out a lot.

Original review: April 3, 2017

The ProForm Exercise Bike is sturdy. Made out of quality material. I really enjoy the different programs built in that offer different workouts. I also really enjoy the heart rate monitor so that I am aware of my body during the workout. There are a few things that could use some fixing. The computer is a little slow and the bike does get knocked out of whack every now and then. Other than that it is a sound piece of workout equipment. The bike's all one piece and stays assembled. The computer was a little of a pain to set up, but the memory is great and keeps my info separate from my family members. Effectively satisfied customer.

Original review: April 2, 2017

It has all the basics that one would need. It tracks my time, speed, laps and calories burned. It's like you are on a quarter mile track. It serves its purpose for sure. But I would like a place to hold my iPod or possibly something in the machine that would play music. The set up for this specific exercise bike is very, very easy. You get on the bike, start pedaling and set your resistance level, and that's it.

Original review: March 27, 2017

The ProForm 325 was a very good price. It was fairly easy to assemble and set up and very easy to use. It took about two hours to assemble and once It was assembled it rode really smooth and was quiet compared to an exercise bike I owned before. Also, It is very quiet, has a tablet holder so I can watch my shows while I ride and the seat is really comfortable. However it would not connect to my bluetooth, it is also a little bulky and it seems as though the calorie count was off. I would make it a little smaller and also improve the connection for the ifit.

Original review: March 26, 2017

The ProForm 740 has an iPad holder, Charges my phone or tablet, has ifit 7" Touchscreen display so I can watch tv, built in sound system to listen to music and google map routes. It has everything I wanted in an exercise bike. The only thing was it was very expensive and the seat can get comfortable especially the back of the seat. It was a little hard to get the bike put together, too. I had to have a friend help me get it together and it took awhile to get it put together. But It's very fun and very easy to use.

Original review: March 24, 2017

The ProForm 230 upright cycle is easy to move because it has wheels, and has different apps with different workouts. It is easy to use, so I want to exercise. I can hook up my phone or iPod to listen to music. It shows calories burned. It is a basic model, so it doesn't come with a lot of features but the read out could be better, and the seat is ok, but not super comfortable. Mine takes batteries, and wish it could plug in. It takes a while to be it together at first, but it only takes regular tools and the directions are easy(ish) to follow. It is easy to move around. Follow the screen and you get a good workout. It only takes a few seconds to get it started after set up (The first day).

Original review: March 23, 2017

The features that I like best about the ProForm bike is it has a very very large LCD window display, it has an EKG Grip pulse which is very important to me. I need to make sure I know what my heart rate is at all times. I like that it shows my speed, time, distance and calories burned. However, the foot straps on the pedals are a little uncomfortable and my feet slip out of them from time to time so if they could change the foot strap on the bike that would be great. The assembly on the proform bike was relatively easy however the box weighed a lot so I had a bit of a hard time getting some pieces out of the box, but once they were out I was able to assemble quite easy.

Original review: March 22, 2017

ProForm is super easy to use. I like that you can adjust the seat and going up and down hills and you do not have to wear yourself out on it. The bike is the go-to thing because you can break a sweat but you will not fall off. You feel safe on it and it is great exercise. I wish I had the money for the bike that makes you feel like you are actually traveling somewhere or the one that tells me my heart rate. All in all though it is a great little machine and perfect for a beginner or experienced. It always makes me want to exercise.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I love the maps and I like the wide range of preset apps provided with the ProForm bike, anything from beginner to expert which challenges me physically which is something I have been looking for in an exercise bike, but this is a little bit more than that. It gives me something to focus on and be able to use my imagination that I am actually traveling instead of just sitting on an exercise bike. The bike was easy to assemble and I almost didn't need tool to assemble the bike. It would have made the bike easier to align the cables that are in the bike from itself.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I like ProForm because it doesn't take up a lot of room like the older models of exercise bikes did. It has a nice large LCD display that gives me accurate readouts of my calories burned, how far I have traveled and how fast I was going. I can also plug my iPad into it and listen to music while I work out. I actually enjoy getting on it for about a half hour every other day and always try to go further and faster that the previous workout.

The only thing I would like to see changed on this model is to make the resistance more viable. Especially when I first get on it it seems to really take a lot of effort to get up to my desired speed. I would prefer that the level one initial resistance was lower and as it automatically dials in more resistance as I get further into my ride so it doesn't feel so daunting when I am just getting started. I keep the bike stationed next to my weight bench in my downstairs work-out room. It doesn't require any set-up at all, pretty much automatic. I just press start on the display and start riding, really easy to use.

Original review: March 17, 2017

My Pro-Form was a gift and purchased from a local Sears store about 3 years ago. It has a large digital display which has different features like speed, calories burned and can also register heart rate. It's very straightforward to operate - simply get on the bike and pedal at the desired speed. It's easily adjustable and comfortable to sit on. And fairly easy to change the batteries on the digital display. But it's large and takes up a lot of room in the place where I use it. It's heavy and cumbersome to move. The digital display quit working about a year after I bought it and it would be difficult and prohibitively expensive to repair, so I have not pursued doing this.

Original review: March 15, 2017

My bike is the ProForm XP which I bought a few years ago at Sears, along with four other exercise machines: a treadmill, an elliptical machine, a leg press and a rowing machine. I had a health club professional set up the bike originally. Now I just sit on it and pedal away. There are different levels of resistance which I alternate occasionally. The speedometer is easy to read and runs on batteries which are easy to replace. The bike is very sturdy, well built, and comfortable to ride. I enjoy my exercise bike immensely and use it two or three times a week.

Original review: March 14, 2017

The instructions to put together the bike were easy to follow. I was able to assemble the bike by myself without any help. It's portable, easy to use, lightweight so you can move it to different rooms and folds up for easy storage. The reset and mode counter helps keep track of the time, calories and heart rate. But it could have a bigger rest for the tablet or book because right now it is too small.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I like ProForm 135 bike and bought it for a good price. It works very well for me and my family. I like the way it is very easy to use so that's why I like to use it everyday and my boys like to use it also. So losing weight is easy to do. It's worth the price.

ProForm Exercise Bikes Company Information