4.1/5 (344 ratings)

About ProForm Exercise Bikes

ProForm Exercise Bikes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Exercise Bikes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Exercise Bikes?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

After COVID hit, I got totally out of shape. Didn’t want to walk the stairs at work since I would be touching the handrails, Arkansas weather is either hot or cold and very humid so outdoor exercise is iffy. So…I started looking at exercise equipment for the home. The ProForm 500 SPX was at an affordable price and is easy to move around so I can set it up in front of the tv and when done easily roll it back behind the couch. The IFit membership pairs well with it giving an interesting ride while seeing the world. I did receive this bike at a discounted price in exchange for an honest and candid review.

Devan

Thank you for your feedback. We love hearing from our members.

We understand the need for home exercise equipment, especially during COVID. However, we also love traveling the world virtually and hope you will continue your fitness journey while having fun.

If you need any assistance, we can easily be reached on our Facebook page.

Thanks! - ProForm

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I have had my ProForm bike for almost a month now and it has been a very strong, reliable, compact sized, bike. The mainframe arrived as a solid piece and it took about 30 minutes to put the rest of the parts on it. I feel very sturdy riding this bike either sitting on the saddle or riding off the saddle. I am also very impressed by how quiet it is, the wheel is made with a silent magnetic resistance that one, keeps the bike silent and two, controls the wheel resistance as you ride - either manually or controlled by the iFIT app. The bike's seat and handlebars can both be adjusted based on what is best for each user.

The iFIT bluetooth capability that I can use to connect my tablet to the bike is a new experience and it is amazing. Love the virtual global workouts and the uplifting, interactive trainers. I also am thankful for the way the iFIT app records the stats of my workouts. The workouts and trainers have motivated me to keep up with my exercise routine on almost a daily bases and I love being able to workout right in the comfort of my own home! A product discount was given to me for taking the time to share my authentic feedback in this review.

Get buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

My ProForm Carbon CX Spin Bike has been a real game changer. The ride is smooth, the resistance buttons are quickly responsive, and the bike feels very stable under me. I expected my sit bones to be uncomfortable during the breaking in process of a new saddle, so the soreness I have is not a negative. The visual and audial aspect of the free 30 day iFIT program has really bumped me up to a whole new level of motivation, accountability, and get-up and go! I can’t wait to add more pieces of equipment to my collection, but the ProForm Spin Bike has been a great start to my iFIT experience.

I highly recommend this product to anyone who isn't wanting to spend THOUSANDS on a spin bike and who doesn't necessarily need all the "bells and whistles" that some bikes come with. I was given the opportunity to have this product sent to me at a discounted price if I was willing to put in some miles and rides and give some feedback on my thoughts about the product. For the price, the ease of setup, the functionality of the bike, and the customer service, you really can't go wrong with this one! Happy riding :)

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I recently got the ProForm Bike with IFit. I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest feedback. Assembly was easy once I watched a few YouTube videos and followed along with the instructions. I love that the bolts and everything fit together perfectly! I am used to having to try to force things, so it was a relief that this was easy! The bike is on my hardwood floor, and it feels very sturdy. I like that it is quiet because I can watch TV while exercising. I downloaded the IFit app as well, and I am currently doing the Beginners trails. I like the instructors, and that the bike automatically adjusts the tension to make it feel like I am going over different types of terrain. This will help keep me in shape over the winter!

Jenna

Congratulations on your bike!

We love that you are cycling actively during TV time! Way to Go!.

Thanks! - ProForm

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I am thrilled with the quality of my new ProForm spin bike. There are a lot of other more expensive bikes on the market but this bike has everything you need for a great workout at a great price. It is sturdy once assembled and has a great display for easily tracking your time and distance. There is a nice platform for holding a tablet. Proform includes detailed instructions on adjusting the bike's seat and handlebars to fit you perfectly. Exercise guidelines are included as well to get you started on your fitness journey. There is a 90 day warranty on parts and labor and a limited 5 year warranty on the bike frame itself. You can subscribe to iFit subscription where they have recorded workouts for spin bikes and workouts for other types of exercise equipment as well. The variety of workouts is great and the coaches give you the boost you need to get your workout in. I received a discounted product in exchange for my honest feedback.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I’ve never left a negative review before (for anything!) but this time I definitely felt like I needed to. I bought the ProForm spin bike for my home back in December. Unfortunately it’s February 15th and my bike is still not here. I’ve emailed 4 times, not one has been answered. I called twice and each time they have told me there was a shipping issue and I should have my bike in the next 2-5 days, surprise I still don’t have my bike. The only compensation was they extended the 1 month trial of their fitness platform, which was not helpful at all. I’m definitely disappointed that it’s taken so long to get my bike, let alone even have decent communication about why it’s been held up for almost two months. I hope the bike is worth the trouble it takes to get it delivered. Buyers beware for sure. Save yourself the trouble and look somewhere else.

Kaitlyn

We are very sorry for the delay in getting your order delivered to your location. Ports have been backed-up and this has negatively impacted much of our shipping times.

We also apologize for the communication issues. We are implementing a new effort for better tracking communication for our shipments and this will be launched later this year.

If you would like a better solution than already provided, contact us at the given info in our pm.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I ordered a bike in December. Finally received in January and it was a mangled mess with parts missing. I emailed the company to the email that was indicated on the box if the shipment was damaged. No response over a week later. Sent another email and still no response. I called the company and could not get through the automated system because the bike was not registered. I tried over a dozen times. Finally I received a text from IFit trying to register and sell me classes. I accepted in hopes of finally speaking to a person. When the guy called back I explained the problem and he did give me a direct number to speak to someone in customer service. He set up a pick up for the damaged bike and scheduled a delivery for a new one. Finally a week after this I received a response to my original email about the damaged shipment. What a joke for customer service.

I waited and waited to be contacted about picking up the damaged bike and finally after 2 weeks received a text and email from the shipper with a date. Guess what? They never showed. They kept texting back and setting up dates 6 times before they finally arrived and picked up the damaged bike. I got tired of taking it out to the porch and bringing it back in, so I finally emailed Proform and told them it would stay on the porch until it was picked up or stolen. No response from them.

Now I am waiting on the new bike and you guessed it no bike. Constant emailing to them and their shipper NSD and no bike. I would stay on hold forever, then someone would come on the line, take the info and put me on hold while they contacted NSD for an update. I was told on 2 occasions that the bike was in the NSD warehouse in Michigan 2 weeks ago and they would call me in 24-48 hours with a delivery date. Never received a call, email or text. I was never able to receive any kind of contact with NSD and the answer from Proform was always the same. Finally on February 15, 2022 I had enough and cancelled the order and was then told it would take 5 days to refund my money. I waited 2 months, endless hours on the phone and endless emails and it is going to take them 5 more days to refund money. THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE.

Neil

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience in these delays.

Our Member Care department has been flooded with higher than usual requests from customers during our busy time of year. 3rd party delivery services have been short handed as well this season. We apologize for the frustration.

Please see the added private message on this review.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I purchased that ProForm bike and the service contract in November of 2021. The resistance in the bike is supposed to adjust to what the trainer sets it at and it is not doing it. Cannot reach by phone or email after several tries. iFit support emailed back acknowledging my issue and said it was being reviewed but never answered nor reached out to try to help. Frustrated with a new product and a service contract and not able to reach anyone.

Ray

We apologize for the delay in receiving a response to your request for service. We have been facing a much higher than usual volume of responses in the past couple months. This is our busiest time of year, but especially this year due to backed-up ports causing shipping delays, etc.

We will respond to your request as soon as possible. If you would like another point of contact, we will provide one in a private message for you.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I was so happy to find this bike at Costco. I had my eye on the Pelton, but it was out of my budget. I got it home with the help of two muscular guys - these bikes are heavy. We put it together and were super ready to get on them. It took 5 min for the right pedal to loosen and fall off the arm. I tried to screw it back, and it won't go. The thread is not working.

T Pepper, I got in the box, there was an instruction to call support, and I did -5 times - no luck. I went online for one live chat waited 22 min to find out that this was the wrong department; the guy asked me where I both the bike and when I told him it was Costco - he said," I didn't know Costco sell our bikes." He sends me to customer support, and there I am, number 22 in line. Waiting for 38 min then a person in there letting me know that I need to give all my info -I did. Only to be told again that this is not the right place. At that point, I had spent one-day calling ad good 3 hours online.

Very disappointing customer support, not a friendly website, and the left side have no idea what the right. I will not buy this bike for sure. I need two guys to pick up the bike and bring it back to Costco. When you call the line for help, the recovering says something like "the leading company in the world" well, leading me far away from buying their product or recommending it to anyone. Terrible customer support.

Ronit

After being excited to begin a new exercise routine at home, we understand your disappointment. As we are handling a much higher than usual volume of requests at this time, we ask for patience as we respond to your request for services.

Contact us using the email in our private message to you for direct assistance.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I received the bike for Christmas. The bike is heavy, making it difficult to return or it would be gone. Assembly was a huge process. The electronics on the bike are sluggish and at times completely unresponsive. The seat is very uncomfortable; I have ridden many different brands of bike for years and never experienced anything like it. About two weeks into owning the bike it started making a clicking sound that seems to originate in the wheel so loud it makes it impossible for anyone else to be in the room when I am using the bike. I registered the bike online and now cannot log into the account, nor does the link work to reset my password. This bike is expensive and the only thing that indicates any amount of quality is the weight.

Terri

We are sorry the bike you have has not been impressive for your preferences and would like to do what we can to improve your experience with this machine. However, with the limited information given here we are unable to give detailed feedback about your specific model.

Please reach out to us by chat or phone, or you may email us at the address we will indicate in a private message here. We would like to ensure your bike is working appropriately and give you riding comfort tips.

ProForm Exercise Bikes Company Information