ProForm Exercise Bikes Reviews

Overall Rating
2.6 out of 5

About ProForm Exercise Bikes

ProForm Exercise Bikes Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 181 reviews and 517 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Exercise Bikes?

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2023

Received exercise bike. When putting together one piece did not fit. Called, emailed, texted etc. about it. Kept asking for more info, pics, etc from us. Went on for months. Never sent us the piece we needed or let us return it.

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2023

Both my friend and I bought ourselves these studio bikes, me about 6 months after her. My bike was a ordeal to just get it delivered, oh and if you can’t get it delivered by the company? They’ll tell you you have to pay $125 return “fee” even if it’s not your fault. Then BOTH our bikes coincidentally stopped working right around the time the warranty expired, I can’t make this up, they just won’t turn on. Luckily I have two weeks of warranty, my friend? $900 to replace her console… they sent me parts for my bike and told me I have to install them, mind you, these parts are housed in the metal frame of the bike. I tried and gave up, called them to have a tech out and they refuse to even schedule a tech unless you download their software and visually PROVE you know how to plug in a plug into the wall.

Absolutely unreal company, we both regret wasting money on these at this point. I could have rented a Peloton for $89 a month and had less issues. They said a tech will come fix my bike, we’ll see. My friend? Can’t afford to fix it and it’s not even worth it to boot, so it’ll go to scrap. Don’t buy Proform anything! We have a treadmill too, guess what, it’s broken after a year also!

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 6, 2023

I ordered a $1300 bike with all options, membership and warranty. The bike was supposed to be delivered by a local service after contacting me and arranging a date and time for delivery. I stressed this as I have a sidewalk entrance to my apartment. Well the bike was dropped on the sidewalk and of course the box torn open and parts removed. Try and get service from this company and it's non-existent. They actually told me I had to pay a return fee of $125. Are they nuts? Never use this company because there is no customer service unless you choose sales because they will take your money and then ignore you.

Reviewed May 22, 2023

Horrible experience!!!!! I’ve had the Proform recumbent bike 400 series for about 6 months but have only used it for two. I’ve had at least 4 warranty calls because of the extended plan that I purchased. First the fan did not work. Then the left peddle seems to loosen and strip when in use. The warranty mechanic has almost become part of my family. Never again. Don’t get duped like me! This was a terrible purchase! 800 bucks for nothing!

Reviewed April 15, 2023

I was interested in the ProForm Pro C10R but had a few questions I could not find answers to. I tried the "Sales" number on their website but could not find a way to get to "Sales" with the phone menu. So I lied that I had a registered product and reached a technician who gave me a different sales number. That took me to the same phone menu! I tried a chat but it took forever finding a way to get it to transfer me to a person. By then I decided I didn't feel like typing all my questions and ended it. I searched the internet and found a third number that also took me to the same menu! I'm no longer considering a company like this.

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2023

After not even a year of use this bike stopped turning on. After several failed attempts trying to contact customer service about troubleshooting/fixing my bike (mind you this took over 2 months to chat with someone- causing my service warranty to expire), finally get a tech scheduled (and I paid for extra). Tech comes, says the plug-in they gave me was faulty and fried all my wires, "here's a phone number to call and the parts you need." After 6 hours on hold someone answers then puts me back "on hold" but turns out it was now after hours and the call promptly ended. All in all, don't buy from them, they sell faulty parts and have zero customer service to help you fix any problems you may have. To all of you in the same boat as me, I hope you end up having better luck.

Verified purchase

Reviewed Oct. 24, 2022

I purchased a new ProForm Carbon T7 Treadmill & ProForm Carbon Bike in February 2021. Both warranties expired in May 2023. The small computer stopped working on the bike and when I called customer service, they said the 4-button computer display is over $200. That is absolutely ridiculous. The Treadmill fans are making noise and mostly not working. Both of these products should last, being lightly used longer than this. The small bike display is something I expected to be $30-$50 max. I bought both products because I thought they would be good quality. I will be exploring replacements that are not this brand.

Verified purchase

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2022

I have called on several occasions and researched and watched videos on ways to fix my bike. I am Constantly trying to fix the bike instead of exercising. I got a Pro Form Studio bike Christmas 2021 and have rode bike maybe 4 times max with the iFIT workout videos working. I usually ride on manual mode because I get an error message and then try to update the software and then it never uploads and get a white screen. I have to hard reset every other ride.

I have called about this issue several times and takes over an hour for them to just fix it. This is terrible! Meanwhile by the time I fix it, my three kiddos are bouncing off the walls by then and I can’t exercise. I wish I could just return this bike or get a replacement. Customer service swears it shouldn’t happen again but happens once a month. Sometimes I can fix it myself but goodness why does it have to be so difficult. Rant over. Hopefully I just have a dud and you have a better experience. Pros: it’s a bike and you get a good workout but would prefer to use iFIT videos instead of using my Peloton app for cycling videos.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2022

I’ve never left a negative review before (for anything!) but this time I definitely felt like I needed to. I bought the ProForm spin bike for my home back in December. Unfortunately it’s February 15th and my bike is still not here. I’ve emailed 4 times, not one has been answered. I called twice and each time they have told me there was a shipping issue and I should have my bike in the next 2-5 days, surprise I still don’t have my bike. The only compensation was they extended the 1 month trial of their fitness platform, which was not helpful at all. I’m definitely disappointed that it’s taken so long to get my bike, let alone even have decent communication about why it’s been held up for almost two months. I hope the bike is worth the trouble it takes to get it delivered. Buyers beware for sure. Save yourself the trouble and look somewhere else.

ProForm Exercise Bikes
    Response from ProForm Exercise Bikes

Kaitlyn

We are very sorry for the delay in getting your order delivered to your location. Ports have been backed-up and this has negatively impacted much of our shipping times.

We also apologize for the communication issues. We are implementing a new effort for better tracking communication for our shipments and this will be launched later this year.

If you would like a better solution than already provided, contact us at the given info in our pm.

Thanks - ProForm

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2022

I ordered a bike in December. Finally received in January and it was a mangled mess with parts missing. I emailed the company to the email that was indicated on the box if the shipment was damaged. No response over a week later. Sent another email and still no response. I called the company and could not get through the automated system because the bike was not registered. I tried over a dozen times. Finally I received a text from IFit trying to register and sell me classes. I accepted in hopes of finally speaking to a person. When the guy called back I explained the problem and he did give me a direct number to speak to someone in customer service. He set up a pick up for the damaged bike and scheduled a delivery for a new one. Finally a week after this I received a response to my original email about the damaged shipment. What a joke for customer service.

I waited and waited to be contacted about picking up the damaged bike and finally after 2 weeks received a text and email from the shipper with a date. Guess what? They never showed. They kept texting back and setting up dates 6 times before they finally arrived and picked up the damaged bike. I got tired of taking it out to the porch and bringing it back in, so I finally emailed Proform and told them it would stay on the porch until it was picked up or stolen. No response from them.

Now I am waiting on the new bike and you guessed it no bike. Constant emailing to them and their shipper NSD and no bike. I would stay on hold forever, then someone would come on the line, take the info and put me on hold while they contacted NSD for an update. I was told on 2 occasions that the bike was in the NSD warehouse in Michigan 2 weeks ago and they would call me in 24-48 hours with a delivery date. Never received a call, email or text. I was never able to receive any kind of contact with NSD and the answer from Proform was always the same. Finally on February 15, 2022 I had enough and cancelled the order and was then told it would take 5 days to refund my money. I waited 2 months, endless hours on the phone and endless emails and it is going to take them 5 more days to refund money. THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE.

ProForm Exercise Bikes
    Response from ProForm Exercise Bikes

Neil

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience in these delays.

Our Member Care department has been flooded with higher than usual requests from customers during our busy time of year. 3rd party delivery services have been short handed as well this season. We apologize for the frustration.

Please see the added private message on this review.

Thanks - ProForm