Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.98/5

ProForm Exercise Bikes Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2020

I purchased a ProForm Bike using the free bike and 3 years of iFit promo. The bike arrived and does not work from day 1. I called the very next day and talked with a very nice person who guessed it was one of two problems and she ordered the parts. She did say they were on back order. It has been over two months and I have no parts. I have reached out several times with only one response, telling me the parts were on order.

Meanwhile I am making payments for something I can not use. They will not honor a warranty because the bike was free. Do not buy the extended warranty. It will only go into effect after the existing warranty expires, but only for the time remaining on the extended warranty. This company is not a good player and does not take care of customers. I own other proform equipment and have never had a problem. Buyer beware. If you have a problem you will likely get no help. Do not buy!

Original review: May 28, 2020

My girlfriend purchased the ProForm Cadence R3.9 Exercise Bike. I assembled the bike, but when it came to the pedals, they were manufactured incorrectly. When you mount each pedal, they can only mount a certain way. The way it was manufactured, the right and left pedals were positioned together instead of being off-set (ex- right pedal up, left pedal should be down. As it was made, both pedals were in down position).

ProForm Customer Service was contacted. After several hours wait, we were told they don't send Service Techs, they don't offer any exchanges, but they would send us some parts. The parts weren't in stock, and they couldn't say WHEN the parts would be AVAILABLE! Looking at the parts diagram, special tools will be needed, along with having to do a major mechanical operation to remove and replace the whole hub! We are not techs! We didn't even get to use it once! The only other option was to send it back to the place of purchase for a refund. That's what we're going to do, and NEVER buy a product from ProForm again. They DO NOT stand behind their product, even shipped straight from the manufacturer. It was a complete waste of hours in assembly, waiting on Customer Service, and having to disassemble and box it back up for the Return.

Get buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2020

Poor quality equipment that will break. If I could give negative stars I would. I bought several items of ProForm equipment for my home gym. The first been a hybrid cross trainer just over a year and it falls to pieces literally while I’m on it. A weld on the frame totally come away so can’t be fixed unless I suddenly learn to weld! Icon the company who makes this even though the product has a 5yr warranty on defect workmanship on the frame refuse point blank and say unless you have bought the additional maintenance and service package at a couple of hundred on top that doesn’t stand!

For the price I paid this is appalling and customer service well there is none the guy just said he couldn’t help so was putting down the phone even after I emailed a picture clearly showing the wording. Stay clear of proform equipment if you want something that lasts. I’m only 9st and use it twice a week so not like I’ve put it through its paces. They are clearly not fit for purpose and neither are the company.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Helpful, very energetic, relaxing meditation, supportive exercise therapy, stressed relief, mindblowing, affordable, healthy lifestyle choices for you and your family through this pandemic team building.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Great Bike that is easy to pedal and operate with different pedal levels! I also love that this bike is one of my favorite colors - light teal with a comfortable seat and easy to adjust handlebars and can be folded for easy compact storage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Exercise Bikes?

Original review: April 9, 2020

They're great bikes. They also make a good elliptical but if you're going to use it every day is not going to hold up. I've worn out about 4 bikes and elliptical both and 1 treadmill in 3 years but I'm a good welder and fabricator so I'm able to piece together and keep things working. The metal is extremely thin and and cracks very easily. It does not hold up constant usage. There appears to be a lot of failure in the crankshaft from what I found trying to buy Replacements. They tend to snap off. But overall ProForm has been the strongest, most reliable of all the homeowner models that are available for under $1,500. Also for tall people ProForm is best suited.

Original review: March 26, 2020

The iFit scam. I only gave them a one-star since there are no lower scores available. I have to pay for a year-or-two in advance; to ride a Proform bike. No monthly choice, and no-one contacts me back with the Ifit leave a message service. People this is a scam. Don't buy any Ifit exercise equipment, and fall into an endless yearly contract trap. They know most people don't exercise an entire year. They trap you like a gym membership. The CEO is probably an old gym membership shark.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

So myself with a 700 credit score (has a 98% on time payments) and my daughter has a 780 score, I understand how credit works and know that there’s no way in this world that we should not have been approved for the free bike with the 3 years of payments but apparently our credit is not good enough. It’s definitely a scam. I’ve talked to many friends, family and others that also have not been approved, I would love to see what their qualifications are to be approved.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Do yourself a favor. If you are looking to buy workout equipment do not buy from Proform. I order a bike for my Christmas present to myself and it arrived busted. After trying to get it fixed for three week after they said it would only take 3-5 days, I finally ask for a refund. They said, "Ok. We will pick the bike up in 2-3 weeks then issue refund to lender." It's been three weeks still no pickup or refund issued and lender is threatening me with report on my credit for nonpayment. So don't buy from Proform and please pass the word.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

This is an honest long term review of the 1st generation Proform Tour De France bike. I purchased this as a floor model at a local sports store back in the fall of 2013. It was originally $1500 but I paid $1200 because it was a floor model. Actually it was the only one they had in the store. I didnt receive the box that it came in but I did receive all of the paperwork. I was able to wheel it out and load it on to the back of my truck to get it home. It came with the full warranty as well as a 1yr free membership to iFit. I never had to assemble it but I've had plenty of experience taking it apart and putting it back together since then. I'll explain shortly.

After getting home the first thing I needed to do was get my membership to ifit setup. That was fairly straight forward and not a problem. Next was getting the bike connected to my home network. This was hit or miss. In the early days I understand they really didn't have enough servers to handle the traffic and outages were common. I was eventually able to get connected and able to update the firmware which was one of the necessary steps in the instructions. Inputting usernames and passwords into the control panel was and still is painful but once you enter it you normally don't need to do it again. It generally just automatically connects.

At first this was a problem. One of many that eventually proform got ironed out. The saddle and pedals were not to my liking so I switched them out for my own. This was a big plus for this bike. One of the reasons I bought this bike was its ability to use google maps. Plot my own workouts and see the route on my tv screen. Unfortunately this feature was constantly not available in the early days. It was full of problems. Proform / Icon should have never advertised this until it actually worked. It wasn't until almost a year after I bought the bike that it actually worked. And it did work for the most part. I was able to plot rides that I did when it was warm and follow along through google streetview. At times it was a little laggy but it was fun to be able to follow along with a visual.

Then the trouble started. The first thing that happened was the heart rate feature didn't work. I called proform and eventually they sent out a new part. Unfortunately this took about 3 weeks since the part was on backorder. Something I seem to see complained about over and over when it comes to proform even to this day in 2020. I did eventually get the part and since I am a mechanically adept guy it wasn't too difficult to install.

The next thing to go wrong was the display screen stopped working. Another month or so and they sent out a replacement which I installed. After that the bike developed a wobble in the crank assembly. Actually the spindle that the pedal arm attached to was wearing and the pedal arm wouldn't stay tight. Being a former bike mechanic I was able easily diagnose this. For this I had proform send out a technician to install the part. Even though I could have done it myself I figured why should I have to. What I didn't know was I had to wait for the part to be delivered and then call the local guy to setup a time for him to come out. It would have been faster if I would have done it myself.

The next problem I encountered was the belt that spins the flywheel started to slip. It is notched and had places where the notches had worn off. Again, proform sent out a new belt and I assured them I could install it myself. I could and did but was more involved than I had thought. Much of the bike had to be taken apart in order to put the new belt on. Adjusting the tension on the belt is not really difficult, something I've had to do occasionally since I've replaced the belt but surprisingly it's held up really well. That's really about it. I've had the bike 7yrs. I use it occasionally in the winter but not all the time. I'll try and list some of the good and bad as I see it.

Pro: The silent magnetic resistance is just awesome. It's easily adjustable, seat position as well as handle bar height. Shifting is easily done. The display lcd although small does give good information. Distance, speed, watts, heart rate, timer, gear your in the grade percentage + or -. It also shows the course profile.

Cons: Display screen is small. Proform is not very proactive. They release products that are not really ready to release. Replacement parts are not always available. Wait times to get a replacement take way too long. Although the magnetic resistance works really well the speed and distance on the display is not correct. I've learned to live with that.

ifit membership : if you don't subscribe to ifit you can't fully utilize this bike. Without the membership all you have access to are the stock TDF rides loaded into the unit. You can't even do manual rides unless you're logged into ifit. And a ifit membership isn't cheap. To their defense the Peloton bike is just as useless unless you subscribe to their service as well. Proform has just been using this business model for a lot longer.

So there you have it. I've been using this bike for 7 yrs now. It started out pretty rocky. I've had my problem. Some very much the same as others but was eventually able to work them out. These were all in the first year of ownership. Since then the bike has performed just great. It's getting a little dated as in the display monitor. A lot has changed since 2013. I've considered replacing it with something new but this still does what It to do. The only thing that would be nice is a larger display screen.

ProForm Exercise Bikes Company Information