3.33/5
Based on 72 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

72 ProForm Exercise Bikes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2018

I purchased the Tour De France bike in December 2017, then cancelled my order several hours later. It has been 3 months, and I am still paying on the product I do not have! They would not issue a refund! It takes at least an hour every time to get someone over the phone, and then they have no idea of why the refund isn't happening, or say "by the end of the week". Then the refund never shows.

Somehow, I got an email of a person, who is supposedly helping me with my refund. Her name is Jan ** and email is: **. Although, I am not sure how real this person is because every email sounds like it comes from somebody else. Also, no matter that person, there is still no refund. I have been giving them my money just so my credit is not affected with a late payment. My advice is to NEVER buy anything from them. Or, if you do, put it on the credit card. Then at least, if you cancel your order, you can say ProForm made a fraudulent charge on your account! They are TERRIBLE!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We received horrible, horrible service from this company! We purchased this Le Tour de France Studio Bike on November 27, 2017 hoping for delivery by Christmas. It took one month for delivery and another 2 weeks for someone to partially "assemble" it. Parts were missing and we had to (re)order what was left out of the box. The parts literally began arriving individually, one by one, over the course of 2 weeks. It is now January 28, 2018 and this unusable bike is STILL sitting in our home unassembled! We have emailed, tweeted and spoken by phone to numerous customer service reps with no success whatsoever! Unbelievable.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I purchased the ProForm ICON Upright Exercise Bike and am very disappointed. From the beginning there was a forceful knocking from the left pedal and I believe the screw pedal or crankshaft was stripped. It was only weeks old when, during use, the pedal completely collapsed and fell off the bike. The pedal is unable to be reattached, and by design, a complicated, time consuming and expensive solution will be required before the bike has a chance of being operable again. More specifically, the bike will need to be disassembled and the interior wheel mechanism, the Crank/Pulley, along with the Pedal and related parts, will need to be purchased and replaced.

Again, with such minimal use, I believe this problem represents either a design/engineering problem, or the use of substandard parts and materials. ProForm Icon representatives have been unhelpful, even indifferent, when I expressed consumer safety concerns regarding an injury caused by the separation of the pedal from the metal crankshaft. Note: ICON has an "F" rating with a consumer business rating agency - wish I would have inquired before and purchased a better product from a more reputable company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

DON'T BUY PROFORM. I purchased a ProForm exercise bike from Sears on a closeout sale. I opened the new box to assemble this bike and the bike was repackaged. There was no hardware to put bike together, the pedals had mud in them, no owner’s manual, all internal parts were not packaged correctly, the left pedals threads are stripped, pedal arm has deep scratches from pliers, and scratches on the bike. I expect a new product if I purchase a new product. This looks like a returned device or demo product that was repackaged.

I returned to Sears and they would not exchange since the store was closing and all sales were final. They suggested contacting ProForm. I contacted ProForm and they will not replace product, only will send me parts that were missing or damaged. Forget their replacement warranty, they don't stand by this. Sears states they don't repackage products and further stated if the box was sealed then it was never opened by them to contact the manufacturer. Looks like ProForm sells used equipment as new and don't stand behind their products. DON'T BUY PROFORM.

Original review: July 7, 2017

The ProForm was easy to set up, use and to store if not in use. I love that it has a large window to see my progress and that it is loaded with programs that are easy to use and reach your goals faster. You just hit start and go. It is also iPod compatible and 16 levels of resistance so I start out slow and move my way up. This is a great bike and affordable prices. It fits my needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Exercise Bikes?

Original review: July 6, 2017

My ProForm bike is easy to use. I like the ability to set different levels and be able to connect to the wifi to watch how far I've gone and be able to bike in different locations around the world. But I would make it with my ease of use and add additional features to connect to apps on my phone to stream directly to it and add speakers that are larger. It is easy to use but takes up a lot of room. I would like it to be easier setup to move to different rooms in my house and not take up so much room in the middle of the floor when storing it.

Original review: July 5, 2017

ProForm is very easy to use. I just jump on the bike and start to pedal. There's nothing I have to do first. I like to set it in front of the TV and watch while riding. I like the adjustable seat as I'm short and too many bikes are too tall for me. This isn't comfortable since I pushing the pedals with my toes. It also hurts.I tried out a lot of bikes to find the right height. Also, this bike doesn't have a lot of features but I can see how far I go and how much energy I expend, but not much else. I would like it to measure my calories burned.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I like the different ways you can use the ProForm 740 ES exercise bike. I like the heart monitor and the way you can adjust the bike for different types of people. I also like the display and the comfortable seat. I used it as a start to my home gym and I liked the way I could use it as several pieces of equipment that I got rid of. It looks good and more professional. The bike was easy to set up and it came with easy to use instructions. My sister has one and she also helped me learn how to operate it but I had to get used to the console. The bike I owned previously had a seat that was torture to use. The only thing I would do differently is to add Pandora or Spotify and play songs that you like, download an e-book so you can read while you exercise or maybe check out your email.

Original review: July 3, 2017

The ProForm 740 ES exercise bike is made in a way where it doesn't hurt your muscles to do the workout. It is greatly priced and already has more features than most bikes I had looked at. It is compatible with iPod and has numerous built-in workout programs. It also has an innovative touch screen. The setup for the bike was pretty straightforward and didn't take more than 45 minutes for me to finish it. The directions are included and are simple and not hard to figure out. Anyone would be able to figure out how to set it up. It's best bang for your buck when looking at exercise machines.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I have a ProForm 135 and it was fairly easy to set up. There was quite a bit of assembly but the instructions were very clear and easy to follow unlike the instructions on so many other things that you get. There are many features that are digital and easy to use unlike the old ones. There are also many different settings for tension and for measuring the distance and calories list. I liked all the features that it had and I was very satisfied.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I like the shape of Proform. It makes exercising easy and enjoyable. It's comfortable and is the most awesome piece of equipment I have ever used. You stand on it, grab the handles and pedal, you can adjust the speed as needed. It is very easy and simple to use and has many unique safety features. I could not ask for a better piece of exercise equipment.

Original review: June 28, 2017

My ProForm is a hybrid, a bike and elliptical in one. Putting it together was a little challenging for me but I did it. It is very easy and convenient to use. I remove one bolt and it changes from an elliptical to a bike and the screen lowers so you can see it while riding the bike. You can also adjust the area for your feet with ease and switching them to pedals is very simple. You can adjust the pedals forward and backward as well as the transition when you are on the elliptical. The screen is easy to navigate and it has a place to hold my water bottle. However, the speakers are horrible and there isn't enough space hold things while I'm working out. I use my phone for music when working out. I attached my phone with an adapter and was very disappointed when I realized how low the volume was. I can barely hear it when I started working out. What's the point in adding the feature if I can't use it. Also, I had no place to set my phone.

Original review: June 27, 2017

The ProForm Bike had a monitor I really liked. It was easy to find out the speed you were going and you could also monitor your heart. This monitor kept track of how many miles you had ridden in a given week or longer depending on when you deleted the history. Plus, the seat was comfy and the bike was quiet. It was easy to use, very sturdy and doesn't move around when you ride even when you are riding at higher speeds. I really liked this bike but it is very heavy. Most likely if it weighed less it wouldn't feel so safe when riding. Since I always felt very secure on the bike I was never really bothered by the fact it had to stay in one place. I really enjoyed this bike.

Original review: June 26, 2017

The Proform 740 ES exercise bike has a 7" touchscreen, built-in dual-grip heart rate monitor, global Google Maps route, 2.0 sound system, ergonomic foot pedals and it is Apple iPod, USB and Bluetooth compatible. I bought this bike because it is comfortable to sit in, you pick the route you want to ride that day, hook up your iPod and go for a fun and effective ride. There was some setup and I got my friend to help me. We had to put the seat on, then you sit down and turn it on. It has a lot of options when the screen opens up. You set the type of ride where there are many levels, put your music on and take off.

Original review: June 24, 2017

There are a lot of features that I enjoy about the ProForm 740 ES exercise bike. It comes with a touch screen that’s in color, an enhanced flywheel and you can pick from a lot of different workout apps. This is a great bike for general exercising and for trying to get in shape, gives a great workout with diversity. Like most bikes, some of the pieces already come together so it is very easy to assemble. Plus, the manual makes it very easy to understand how to put it all together.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Setting it up was easy because it came pre-assembled. Pretty simple operation overall, just sit and pedaling. I ended up watching television while pedaling and the touchpad started recording the distance traveled. Information showed distance and calories burned as well as speed. The exercise bike is inexpensive and lightweight so it could be taken from room to room. I would like it to have a better visual pad that shows progress made and I would've preferred it to be a lean back bike instead of sitting upright. It would've been more comfortable.

Original review: June 22, 2017

The Proform is a great fit and is easy to use. You just plug it in and hop on and start riding. Also, you can adjust the settings according to what you want so that is an amazing plus. All you have to do is press the buttons on the bike and ride it accordingly. I like how well the Proform works and the times feature that allows me to run on the bike for a specified period of time until I have burned a set amount of calories. I also love the feature that lets you run or ride miles based on a time clock and mile adjustment clock as well. However, I do wish that the bike was further down tbh. It is a little high up and makes things more challenging for me when I am exercising. The great height makes the pain worse but it does work effectively, so that is a plus there. Overall, it is an amazing bike.

Original review: June 9, 2017

My ProForm Exercise Bike is firm, the seat fits to my liking very well. It is not an upright, it’s more of a sit down type exercise bike instead of a typical bike type machine. It’s comfortable and easy on the knees but the seat is a little too hard to move back and forth but very manageable and the bike doesn’t have handles. The display broke and there is not fixing it so you can’t track your time and all your vitals. The foot pedals are a little hard but reliable, could be some better things but still is good bike. With this bike the pros outweigh the cons. It's worth what it costs.

Original review: June 8, 2017

My ProForm Exercise Bike is very easy to use. I did the initial set up and didn't encounter problems at all after the fact. It's very easy to just hop on now that it's up. Furthermore, it doesn't get stuck or ride up. It is also very easy to spend a lot of time on this bike. They could make the bike a bit cheaper but still, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 7, 2017

ProForm is versatile exercise bikes that track your progress. It is effective with results and burning the calories that everyone will notice especially yourself. Everyone is suitable for this. It is not too hard nor too easy to use but once you get past it, it is fun and enjoyable. The price is steep but in the end, it is worth it. I have no complaints about the product but if it is more affordable, it would be awesome.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I like the new technology that ProForm offers and it gives me the ability to have some variation in my workouts. But my current bike is standard and boring. I didn't have any problems setting up the ProForm bike though. It was a breeze and so is using the bike (with the exception of the gears), but I don't get the best workout. Working out can be tedious so I need to make my workouts as fun as possible. But most of my time is spent trying to get comfortable on the bike and changing gears. The seat also doesn't adjust well and the screen is antiquated. This bike was a gift and I would not have purchased this one for myself. The materials seem to be cheap and a child's bike is constructed better than this. The price was great but you get what you pay for.

Original review: June 5, 2017

It was a difficult process to set up the ProForm Exercise Bike. There were many parts. Even following the directions did not make the process easier. Furthermore, I would like a calorie counter and maybe a scenic screen that looks like I'm biking through a park somewhere nature like. It would be fun to have a 3D exercise while biking. Still, the bike was easy to operate. I like the reclining seat which supports my back and the tension adjustment which allows me to pedal with resistance. I also like the speed monitor and the timer. It was worth the price.

Original review: June 4, 2017

ProForm is very easy to use, navigate and move out of the way. It's also upright and quiet. I use it multiple times a week and I see improvement in my legs and works well for fast cardio. It is my absolute favorite.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I like that the ProForm bike is smooth and easy to use and that I can adjust the intensity of the pedals. I can also adjust the speed and it keeps up with my calories burned. However, it was difficult to put together and I didn’t have the tools I needed. I tried to read the instructions and do it myself but I had to get my husband to do it. I wish it had a TV monitor attached that I could watch TV or plug my phone into like the gym. Also, there isn't a way to save my info to keep up with my progress.

Original review: June 2, 2017

This 135 CSX exercise bike was very easy to setup and the instructions were plain and simple even a child would have been able to put it together. I love this bike because it's very simple to operate and exercise on it. Simple instructions nothing fancy but it works for my legs muscles and my thighs. I really love my bike and wouldn't trade it for any other more expensive brand plain effective and simply works.

Original review: June 1, 2017

The ProForm 990S bike is very easy and comfortable to use. It sits in the room like a Chair. I do not have to do any setting up as it is a solid piece that I can just go get on and bike and it keeps track of calories burned, miles traveled, time spent and other measurements that help me keep track of my progress so I can see where I am needing to work harder at. As it is one piece it stays in one spot. I occasionally have to Change batteries in the meter but that is all I need to do, if I need to move it I can easily slide it on its rollers chair. It keeps track of chair so to speak.

I have an recumbent bike that I keep in my living room. The armrests keep me upright and the back supports my back. The seat is wide and is extremely comfortable. You can extend the pedals out so your legs stretch out more if it is needed. The style will allow you to sit up and be comfortable as in a regular chair not bending over for the handle bars and making my back sore. Since I have had two spine surgeries the support is very important and appreciated.

But it would be better if the seat was a bit more padded as it is thin and rather hard. A nice memory foam or something similar would be very nice. I would also make the back have a head rest or support that is padded. The next idea is for me personally. I would love a cup holder, as I will not ride on the road and I do 5 to 10 miles at a time and like my water very handy. The pedals could be smoother for people who pedal barefooted (me) as my feet get tender.

Original review: May 30, 2017

The bike was fairly easy to set up and I had no real issues putting the bike together myself with limited tools. Anyone can do it. You just need the space to be able to work. Good quality for price. I really liked the adjustable resistance of the pedals and how the digital display that recorded distance pedaled, the time spent on the bike, and how many calories were burned. However, I did not like the comfortability of the seat. It did not have enough cushion and caused discomfort after sitting for a while. I often took a pillow to sit on while exercising.

Original review: May 29, 2017

The ProForm Exercise Bike is fun and easy to use. I like the different speed options it offers and it has the best settings for every type of workout. However, I wish the Bike was made out of a sturdier material. It is thin and wouldn't hold up to much abuse. I have to be careful when I use it to not damage it. Nevertheless, it really helps with my different cardio workouts and I have noticed a big difference in my stamina since beginning riding it.

Original review: May 28, 2017

The ProForm Exercise Bike is very easy and fun to use. Set up was very simple - my husband was able to put everything together very quickly. All it takes is to step on the bike and begin. I like that it has a built in touchscreen display and Google maps routes that can take you anywhere in the world. Also it has a built in sound system where you can plug your phone in. Furthermore, it can also charge your phone. However, I wish the seat was higher and felt more like an actual bike. I miss the feeling of being on a spinner bike because the seat is much lower. It also doesn't feel like I'm working out my upper body. Additionally, I wish the seat was more comfortable and there was better padding for your back.

Original review: May 27, 2017

It took my husband less than an hour to put together the ProForm Exercise Bike. He was impressed with how simple the instructions were to follow and that all of the tools you needed were provided. Before I knew it, I was exercising on it; definitely simple. I really enjoyed everything about the bike as it was designed with the consumer in mind. The bike has a full seat with a backrest which was my favorite feature.

I also enjoyed the fact that it was a hybrid machine. Although that meant the bike was larger than other bikes -- I was saving space and money in the end because I was getting two machines in one. However, due to the hybrid construction, I needed to grease the gears in this bike more so than I had with my previously owned bike. Nevertheless, this has been one of my favorite pieces of exercise equipment.

ProForm Exercise Bikes Company Information