ProForm Exercise Bikes

Compare Exercise Bikes

Research top Exercise Bikes recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The Pacer circuit track is easy to work. I Connect safety clip, turn it on to start at zero, adjust speed and incline and start walking. It is extremely easy to operate and gives you a good workout. It also has a safety feature that shuts it off in case you should fall or trip. I love that it keeps track of fat/regular calories burned, miles walked and heart rate monitor as well. It is also good to raise to an incline. The only dislike I can think of is that the speed should be able to be regulated at a faster speed. My balance forces me to hold on to bars, I would love the bars to be row bars for a better workout.

I would say that the ProForm 440 ES exercise bike is very unique and easy. I get on it at least about 3 hours to burn calories. And also it is very affordable. I don't have to pay 400 dollars for a exercise bike when I can just get it at 150 at Walmart. Also it is very durable and has good frame construction. I would say setting it up was easy step by step by reading the manual. I had trouble reading it but it was already set up when I had bought the product so there wasn't much to do by setting the bike up. I really love it. Because if it wasn't this I would not hesitate to get any exercise bike. I would just get on weight watchers. the exercise bike helped me out a lot.

The ProForm Exercise Bike is sturdy. Made out of quality material. I really enjoy the different programs built in that offer different workouts. I also really enjoy the heart rate monitor so that I am aware of my body during the workout. There are a few things that could use some fixing. The computer is a little slow and the bike does get knocked out of whack every now and then. Other than that it is a sound piece of workout equipment. The bike's all one piece and stays assembled. The computer was a little of a pain to set up, but the memory is great and keeps my info separate from my family members. Effectively satisfied customer.

It has all the basics that one would need. It tracks my time, speed, laps and calories burned. It's like you are on a quarter mile track. It serves its purpose for sure. But I would like a place to hold my iPod or possibly something in the machine that would play music. The set up for this specific exercise bike is very, very easy. You get on the bike, start pedaling and set your resistance level, and that's it.

The ProForm 325 was a very good price. It was fairly easy to assemble and set up and very easy to use. It took about two hours to assemble and once It was assembled it rode really smooth and was quiet compared to an exercise bike I owned before. Also, It is very quiet, has a tablet holder so I can watch my shows while I ride and the seat is really comfortable. However it would not connect to my bluetooth, it is also a little bulky and it seems as though the calorie count was off. I would make it a little smaller and also improve the connection for the ifit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Exercise Bikes?

The ProForm 740 has an iPad holder, Charges my phone or tablet, has ifit 7" Touchscreen display so I can watch tv, built in sound system to listen to music and google map routes. It has everything I wanted in an exercise bike. The only thing was it was very expensive and the seat can get comfortable especially the back of the seat. It was a little hard to get the bike put together, too. I had to have a friend help me get it together and it took awhile to get it put together. But It's very fun and very easy to use.

The ProForm 230 upright cycle is easy to move because it has wheels, and has different apps with different workouts. It is easy to use, so I want to exercise. I can hook up my phone or iPod to listen to music. It shows calories burned. It is a basic model, so it doesn't come with a lot of features but the read out could be better, and the seat is ok, but not super comfortable. Mine takes batteries, and wish it could plug in. It takes a while to be it together at first, but it only takes regular tools and the directions are easy(ish) to follow. It is easy to move around. Follow the screen and you get a good workout. It only takes a few seconds to get it started after set up (The first day).

The features that I like best about the ProForm bike is it has a very very large LCD window display, it has an EKG Grip pulse which is very important to me. I need to make sure I know what my heart rate is at all times. I like that it shows my speed, time, distance and calories burned. However, the foot straps on the pedals are a little uncomfortable and my feet slip out of them from time to time so if they could change the foot strap on the bike that would be great. The assembly on the proform bike was relatively easy however the box weighed a lot so I had a bit of a hard time getting some pieces out of the box, but once they were out I was able to assemble quite easy.

ProForm is super easy to use. I like that you can adjust the seat and going up and down hills and you do not have to wear yourself out on it. The bike is the go-to thing because you can break a sweat but you will not fall off. You feel safe on it and it is great exercise. I wish I had the money for the bike that makes you feel like you are actually traveling somewhere or the one that tells me my heart rate. All in all though it is a great little machine and perfect for a beginner or experienced. It always makes me want to exercise.

I love the maps and I like the wide range of preset apps provided with the ProForm bike, anything from beginner to expert which challenges me physically which is something I have been looking for in an exercise bike, but this is a little bit more than that. It gives me something to focus on and be able to use my imagination that I am actually traveling instead of just sitting on an exercise bike. The bike was easy to assemble and I almost didn't need tool to assemble the bike. It would have made the bike easier to align the cables that are in the bike from itself.

I like ProForm because it doesn't take up a lot of room like the older models of exercise bikes did. It has a nice large LCD display that gives me accurate readouts of my calories burned, how far I have traveled and how fast I was going. I can also plug my iPad into it and listen to music while I work out. I actually enjoy getting on it for about a half hour every other day and always try to go further and faster that the previous workout.

The only thing I would like to see changed on this model is to make the resistance more viable. Especially when I first get on it it seems to really take a lot of effort to get up to my desired speed. I would prefer that the level one initial resistance was lower and as it automatically dials in more resistance as I get further into my ride so it doesn't feel so daunting when I am just getting started. I keep the bike stationed next to my weight bench in my downstairs work-out room. It doesn't require any set-up at all, pretty much automatic. I just press start on the display and start riding, really easy to use.

My Pro-Form was a gift and purchased from a local Sears store about 3 years ago. It has a large digital display which has different features like speed, calories burned and can also register heart rate. It's very straightforward to operate - simply get on the bike and pedal at the desired speed. It's easily adjustable and comfortable to sit on. And fairly easy to change the batteries on the digital display. But it's large and takes up a lot of room in the place where I use it. It's heavy and cumbersome to move. The digital display quit working about a year after I bought it and it would be difficult and prohibitively expensive to repair, so I have not pursued doing this.

I like that ProForm works your arms, and it has different levels and speeds. The seat is comfortable. It looks good and the color is nice. I also like that it is easy to move around, so you can take it in and outdoors. I can ride inside on bad days. But I wish it could go online so I could ride with others and compete. And if the fan on it was a little quieter. It would be nicer if it played music when I rode it, and it needs to have a incline on it. The bike is not collapsible, but it's pretty lightweight. Operating it couldn't be easier. Once you set it up it, there is no tearing it down and setting it up constantly.

My bike is the ProForm XP which I bought a few years ago at Sears, along with four other exercise machines: a treadmill, an elliptical machine, a leg press and a rowing machine. I had a health club professional set up the bike originally. Now I just sit on it and pedal away. There are different levels of resistance which I alternate occasionally. The speedometer is easy to read and runs on batteries which are easy to replace. The bike is very sturdy, well built, and comfortable to ride. I enjoy my exercise bike immensely and use it two or three times a week.

The instructions to put together the bike were easy to follow. I was able to assemble the bike by myself without any help. It's portable, easy to use, lightweight so you can move it to different rooms and folds up for easy storage. The reset and mode counter helps keep track of the time, calories and heart rate. But it could have a bigger rest for the tablet or book because right now it is too small.

I like ProForm 135 bike and bought it for a good price. It works very well for me and my family. I like the way it is very easy to use so that's why I like to use it everyday and my boys like to use it also. So losing weight is easy to do. It's worth the price.

The ProForm bike is comfortable. It is adjustable and has different biking levels, different terrain and lots of options for my workout. One of the best I've used. Glad I made the purchase. Price could be cheaper and a lot less difficult to set up. After you brought it home needs some upkeep to keep it working right but still a good brand. It's very easy to use. But it needs a lot of room to be used. If you have a small home or apartment then I wouldn't buy it. But if you have lots of room it's a good buy.

The set up for this ProForm bike is extremely easy. When you receive the bike, it looks difficult at first but it is really not. You can read the instructions inside the book and it explains everything. The features that I like on this bike is that I am able to connect my phone or iPod to the dock. I can exercise and enjoy listening to my music. I also like that there is a big display screen on the bike and I can view my progress. I enjoy everything about it. It is very lightweight, comfortable, easy to use, and you can achieve a great workout on the bike.

Purchased this bike (Proform XP Whirlwind 320), ordered through Costco, December 2013. Have used to this date no more than 50 hours. Left pedal shaft broke while wife was exercising nearly damaging her ankle. Tried to contact Proform's Customer Service to order new pedal - called, was disconnected four times. Finally contacted Sales Department - they answered after five minutes, and told me that they would switch to the parts department. On hold with parts 30 minutes. Finally pleasant girl answered and said I needed to re-register my model. Then ordered the part for pedal and was told it would be over $60 plus tax and shipping. I told her the shaft of the pedal broke and I was filing a complaint for defective equipment. Told them to cancel the order. Very dissatisfied with Proform company.

I ordered an Proform 230 upright cycle at a local Sears home store on 1/26/2016. I paid cash. I was having the Bike shipped there to be picked up, to save myself $100.00. The Bike came, but was missing the upright bar. I called online to order it. When it didn't come as promised, I called another Sears phone number, which they tell me I'm not in their system, which means it never got ordered! Made another phone call, only to find out, can't get the part until May! Well, of course now I don't want this product, and the "Sears" Hometown store will not take it back or give me my money. I had to take it to a Big Sears stores 60 miles away. They were very nice, and refunded my purchase and took the Bike back! A horrible experience to say the least, and a very big waste of my time! I bought a Schwinn! It's a great Bike! Sorry Proform, you lost a customer.

I purchased a Pro 5.0 Tour de France bike and a floor mat from ProForm. Received my shipment on 12/11/15. The screen was broken and there was no mat. I ordered a replacement screen that was supposed to be here in 3-5 business days on 12/14. As of today 12/27 still no part. I did received a notice that my mat shipped on 12/24 after several complaints thru their customer service. Still have not used this machine. Terrible.

I just bought a ProForm Tour de France bike (12/14/2015). It arrived broken. Customer Service consists of a third party that doesn't troubleshoot. Instead, it wants to buy parts and send out techs. That would take 5 days to purchase parts and 5 days to arrange the visit. Unfortunately, the item was purchased for my son's birthday tomorrow. When I called Customer Service to process a return, I was put in a queue for over an hour until the office closed. I'm extraordinarily displeased.

Wish I would have seen this site before I ordered! It seems that this company is super shady. For one, you are unable to post a negative review on their website. I tried to post this review numerous times and I kept getting an "Error" message. I thought it was odd since other positive reviews were being posted on the same days that I tried. I figured they might automatically screen their reviews electronically for any "negative" reviews and automatically reject them, so I removed some of these negative words from my review - "poor," "beware," etc. I did this immediately after a "negative" review gave me the error message. Magically, my review was accepted once I removed these words. I received an email saying my review would be posted shortly, but it's still not up. I'm sure if your review makes it past the first round, a live employee screens and filters out the negative ones. Total b.s. if you ask me.

I purchased the Tour De France Pro around Thanksgiving 2014. I was only able to ride this about 5 times, as one day the computer just started showing an error screen that would just continue to pop up, making the machine unusable. So I sent an email and even tried their "Live Chat" to report the problem - no response on either inquiry - ever. So, I called Proform service (expect to be on hold a solid 20-30 minutes each and every time you call), and the rep was extremely unknowledgeable about the product. He did finally determine that I needed a new console. He told me it'd ship out the next day and they'd ship it priority, so I could expect it in 3-5 business days.

Well over a week passes with no console, so I call again. At first they can't find my part order (?), and then they tell me the item is on backorder and they do not even have an expected date when they will receive it. I was told to just continue to call back weekly to check if they received it. Really, continue to call back weekly and sit on hold for a half hour for them to probably tell me the same thing? Called again yesterday and they still don't know when the console will be in. Very disappointed as I purchased this solely to ride in the winter, and I'm assuming I'll probably get the part in April/May, when it's nice enough to ride outdoors.

Worst part about all this is that customer service does not care AT ALL about fixing the problem. And the company obviously does not care about fixing the problems they have with their equipment (it seems like multiple people have the exact same problem - consoles going out, parts that always break are never in stock, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if the company keeps all their parts on back order so that you burn through your warranty waiting for parts. I would strongly recommend against buying anything from this company. Customer service is horrible, and the company does everything in it's power to hide complaints/bad reviews. I would never buy from this company again!

Bought a 2012 Proform Tour De France bike. Looks great. Belt slipped, had 3 service visits, swapped out rear gear to larger size, adjustment screw now won't fit through the right side cowling. Looks like crap for $1500. Interface is spotty on wireless connectivity even with 90+% signal. Arduous interface. Has taken repeated tries to attempt to get DHCP to work, password, ifit user name and password are entered one letter at a time using arrow and enter keys. Functionality of the interface is an embarrassment.

iFit sucked the first year or so, never used the bike nor iFit for 2013/14. Now trying again. Now the mapping will save a bike workout over 10 miles. Wa-hoo! How about my $99 back for my 2013 iFit subscription to hell? Going to put an APC battery backup on it to power it so I don't have to take another hour+ to re-enter and successfully get the unit functional again with my credentials. Version 3 unit looks nice, but I'm tempted to manufacture a competitive product with a real interface (better than the tablet attached to V3).

Purchased a ProForm CSX 215 for €254.10 ($299USD) in January 2013, it lasted LESS than an entire year before the resistance started to break down. Eventually the resistance did not work at all, one of the pedals stripped and broke off, and finally after calling the company, we were told that the bike "had to be registered within 30 days" and that the warranty only covered the bike for 90 days. This company deceptively made it seem like the bike was covered for FIVE YEARS, since that is the first thing you read from their warranty blurb. Turns out it is only the FRAME that is covered for five years, which you could not break if you took a freaking battleaxe to it. The parts and other stuff? Not covered at all. Nothing that actually makes the bike WORK.

Calling the company, we found that it would cost €126.88 ($150USD) as a FLAT CHARGE to even have the friggin' technician come out to look at it and that additional fees would be charged for the parts and labour to repair it. THIS IS ABSURD! The bike cost €254.10 NEW and they want more than half the price of the freaking thing JUST TO LOOK AT IT? DO NOT, DO NOT do business with these people. The other reviews on this website speak volumes as to how shady they are. Wish we could rate LESS than one star.

Don't even think about buying exercise equipment from icon or ProForm. I bought the ProForm Tour de France a couple years ago and it has never worked as promised. Oh sure it is an okay exercise bike. It is worth about $400. I paid over a grand for it so that I could use the nice google maps, iFit links, internet updates, etc. NONE of that stuff ever worked. Not even once. This product is a failure. I was a sucker to fall for it but I gave it lots of time for icon to work out the bugs. Today I tried to upload the latest firmware thinking they had probably fixed all the bugs by now. Wrong! Now nothing even works. I spent a couple hours on their chat line getting dumped over to dead ends. After repeated attempts, I finally reached a very helpful live human on the phone.line. She even admitted that it was a piece of crap. There is no fix and never will be a fix. She was nice but convinced me that I have wasted money and time with icon and ProForm. Time for craigslist!

Zx2 exercise bike - I'd give less than one star, if possible. This exercise bike has been a major disappointment. Despite being nearly new and having light use as I rehabbed from knee surgery, the control console has gone from working somewhat to not working at all, making a loud knocking and buzzing sound. Sought online help from Pro-Form and it was determined it needed a new console, priced about the same or more than a new bike.

Ordered my Tour De France bike in October. It was back ordered, so I didn't receive it until 12/28/14. Put it together and started riding. A little over a week later it started knocking and coming apart. Called to have it repaired and spent over an hour on the phone. I was told I would have to take it apart and tell them what part was broken.

After removing covet plates and another hour on the phone, we decided what parts needed to be replaced and they were ordered. The next a tech call and said he had added more parts to the ordered that would be needed. Over the next couple of weeks the parts started receiving the parts. The tech would call ever couple of days to see if all the parts had arrived. After a couple of weeks, without the parts I called and spent another hour on the phone trying to get parts.

I was told that some parts would not be available until May or later. After raising hell they decided to take them off a new bike and sent them (another hour on the phone). Finally, after weeks the tech comes to fix the bike. He was unable to fix because a bolt in the crankshaft could not be removed. He said that this was common in equipment made by ProForm in China because of lock-tight used.

He filed a report. And the next week, I called to find out when the would replace the bike I was told it would take 7 to 10 days to decide what they would do. (Another hour and a half raising hell on the phone.) Three days later, after being passed from department to department and person to person and more hours on the phone, I was told I would be contacted by someone with a resolution.

Then, I get a call from someone in another department that they wanted to send another Tech out to try to fix the bike and if he could not fix it it would take 4 to 6 weeks send a new bike. Still have not gotten new bike after 10 weeks and over 6 hours on the phone. I would not suggest that anyone buy anything from this company.

The spin bike we purchased is 9 months old and needs the part that raises and lowers the unit. Contacted ProForm and they sent the part to us in about 5 days. They told us to install it but we said the warranty covers parts and labor. They said it was simple to install but we knew better from reading all the bad reviews on their warranties. They lied because you need a special wrench for the pedals that costs about $20.00 and didn't mention that during our conversation. We opted for a technician. The technician called about one week later to schedule but never showed up, then called again and never showed up. We contacted the technician again and now have to wait another week for him to possibly show up (have fun with that one). The bike still works but is very noisy and sounds like it will stop any minute now. All the reviews we read on the internet tell everyone to stay away from ProForm because of the horrible warranty service when needed. Good bike but horrible warranty promises. Would not recommend ProForm! Over two weeks and one more week at this time to wait for a repair.

I have not been able to use my model PFEX01312.0 TDF bicycle trainer since upgrading the software. I have spent countless hours waiting on the telephone to talk to a service technician, only to be disconnected either in mid-conversation or before ever reaching a technician. When I try to log onto iFit Live, I keep getting a message saying that my password was not accepted. After going back and forth for a month or more, I got a message saying that my membership to iFit Live had expired. After renewing my membership, I still have the same problem. I was asked for my username and password. They sent me a new user name, but not a new iFit Live login password. I am still unable to log on to iFit Live and even though I have paid for a four year service contract. They still refuse to tell me who to contact to have a service person come to my home to fix the problem.

ProForm Exercise Bikes Company Profile