Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.24/5

ProForm Ellipticals Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I am currently on hold for over 2 hours to speak with a customer service representative to address charges that keep appearing on my account. The late fee is 38$ Twice the amount of the minimum due. It is very frustrating to be unable to speak with anyone to resolve issues with this account.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Buyers must be aware that the warranty on the frame of a ProForm elliptical may be quite limited. The ProForm elliptical I had only had a 4 year warranty on the frame. Why wouldn't ProForm warranty the frame for more than 4 years? While I was using mine, the base separated at its welded joint, and of course, the elliptical machine falls while in use. If you are not the purchaser, and the elliptical is a gift, it will not be covered under the warranty either I was informed.

Get buying tips about Ellipticals delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Okay, I was thinking all these bad reviews, really? But omg - I now see how they are all true!! 4 months I have been waiting for my elliptical. First it was 6 weeks. Then 2 months. Now up to 4 months. They have this cool feature where after you hold for hours they say ooooh call this number (unable to transfer or their transfer magically hangs up on you) or their call back feature calls you and immediately hangs up (tried to different phones & several tries. It is absolutely them, not me with the issue). Their financial aspect is also a cluster. Always experiencing technical difficulties. Do not buy unless you plan on getting a machine in a year or two - maybe. Do not buy if you expect any type of help/customer service. Do not buy if want to finance.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I purchased my workout bike in December as a Christmas present to myself. In February the left pedal fell off and the bar it was attached to was stripped so I couldn't put it back on. I contacted ProForm customer service, which they were very kind and helpful, she sent new parts free of charge. I had a handyman installed the parts, took him 3 hours.

As soon as I used the workout bike just 25 minutes into my workout same side pedal came loose again. I contacted proform customer service again, they were not as eager to help this time and accused my handyman of possibly installing the part wrong, which is impossible to do since the belt has to line up with the bar that holds the pedals. She did agree to again send new parts with a technician to come out this time to install the part but said after this I no longer have warranty. I believe it's a defect with the part, the bolt fits loose and there is no washer on other side to hold it tightly on. I noticed someone else had same problem with this bike, hopefully technician can figure something out.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I've had the HIIT PRO for less than 2 months. When installed it had very squeaky pedals. I sent messages. No one responded. Then the computer didn't work. More messages. And a tech who broke the machine. Now the machine is in my basement, disassembled, with no time frame for when they might or can fix it. Buyer beware. Spend the extra thousand and get the Bowflex. I wish I did.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I bought a ProForm Elliptical and had mechanical issues with it after approx 6 months of use: staying on track and gradient. I tried calling several times and the customer service phone was never answered. I went online and finally figured out what the issue could be and needed replacement parts...no response at all. No one answered at customer service. I couldn't even leave a message. Every time I see a proform commercial I get mad all over again. I spent almost 1k on proform equipment and I had to trash it within a year. Never again will I buy anything from proform. Once they get your money it's all over. If I could I'd give zero stars.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Eliptical Pro. I was waiting for my elliptical for a month. I received it and put it all together and one of the pedals was missing. I called the customer service that the part was missing, I received it within a week. There are 2 parts for the pedal and I received only one, I called them again, explaining the whole situation and they send me second part of that pedal, but the screws were missing, I had to call again... The time my elliptical was ready to use my trial time was over and I could not return it anymore. I don't like it and I am stuck with it now. Customer service told me that it is my fault not calling them to extend the trial time. Don't buy it. I'm really unhappy.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Don't purchase any elliptical from Pro-Form. Their customer service department absolutely stinks. They don't back their products. They shipped a damaged elliptical to me and wanted $450 to return the damaged elliptical plus 10% of the purchase price. I've had the elliptical for 3 months and it, of course, is worthless. Will never purchase anything from them again in my lifetime.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Worst customer service junk unit. I bought a HIIT fit stair climber. I have it 12 weeks. It's been broken for 7 weeks. Waiting for service. Do not buy. It's junk and the customer service is nonexistent. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Absolutely horrible service! I ordered a elliptical directly from the company. They delivered and assembled it in the room I chose. However, they did not assemble it properly and pieces were missing. I did not realize this until my sister got on it and it fell apart. ProForm did not want to send someone out to fix and they said the warranty did not cover assembly problems. It took several angry calls over the course of a month, to get someone to finally come out and fix it properly. This is when I was told that it was missing parts and assembled incorrectly. It’s now fixed but I will NEVER buy a ProForm product again.

ProForm Ellipticals author review by Joey Thurman

Proform has been providing innovative training tools and fitness equipment for over 30 years. They have a variety of ellipticals, including hybrid options that allow for multiple types of workouts using one machine.

• Hybrid trainer: Proform’s Hybrid trainer is both an elliptical machine and a recumbent bike. It easily transforms between the two machines, so users can benefit from two different types of total body cardio workouts.

• Pro 16.9: Proform’s most advanced elliptical is the Pro 16.9. This elliptical features a 10” web-enabled full-color touchscreen so you can watch TV or browse the Internet during your workout. It has power incline up to 20 degrees and a 20” adjustable stride.  It arrives fully assembled so you can start your workout as soon as your machine arrives. It is priced at $2,499.

• iFit enabled: iFit technology is available on many of Proform’s ellipticals, including the Hybrid trainer, giving users access to Google maps, training videos and automatic tracking. Note that iFit requires separate purchase and registration.

• 30-day money back guarantee: Consumers who are not completely satisfied with their Proform elliptical purchase can return it within 30 days of receiving their product for a full refund.

• Free consultation: If you aren’t sure which Proform elliptical is best for your needs, fill out a short form on Proform’s website. You will be contacted by a representative who can help you choose the best elliptical for your space based on your fitness goals and budget. You can also send away for a free information kit to learn more about any of Proform’s ellipticals.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

ProForm Ellipticals Company Information