2.37/5

100 ProForm Ellipticals Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My husband ordered me an elliptical for Christmas from them for my rehab. It was supposed to be delivered by 12-20-16. It is now 1-12-16 and delivery keeps getting pushed out. I contacted ProForm and they gave me the tracking information which I in turn told them I was tracking it, but I wanted to know where it was as it was almost a month late and they said they had no information to give me and offered me $50 for my trouble. I told them to cancel my order as they did not care to investigate what the problem was with the company they used for shipping. I told them their shipping company was a reflection of them and they do not seem to care. I was told to expect my refund in 3-4 weeks. I also told them that was unacceptable as I needed to purchase another one because my wife needs it for rehabilitation and they had already put that off by a month. They did not care. They are a terrible company!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I purchased my hybrid the end of October. After assembly the machine wouldn't move and clicked constantly. I called customer service and they tried to talk me through self-troubleshooting and then they said the console was bad. They sent out another 10 days later. I put that one on and had the same problem. Then they said the resistant motor was bad. When I told them that's not a job for the customer, you have to take the part of the machine apart which came in 1 piece. I asked for a repair person and was told to try it myself first! I repeated myself. They continued to give me an order number. I asked for the part express and was told ok. The part came 10 days later.

At this point I have had the trainer for 6 weeks and unable to use it. Needless to say I attempted to take the machine apart for a week now and after hurting myself I quit. On hold constantly with customer service. I am so disgusted that I decided to take the arms and legs off as well as the seat and have my daughter help me get it out of my house and into BULK TRASH. I just took a loss of $350.00. So disappointed in this company. I have a hip replacement and thought it would be a good way to exercise safely. They sent me a video on how to fix it! I will try Nordic track.

Original review: April 12, 2016

The primary reason we made this purchase is for IN HOME PHYSICAL THERAPY for my knee. We placed an order back on 2/25/16 for the ProForm Hybrid Elliptical/Bike combo. I have an ongoing knee issue that we needed the machine for in home physical therapy. We received the order on March 8. When my husband was able to put the bike together a little over a week after we received it, it was brought to our attention that the Pivot Axle was defective. I called & had the part ordered. I was told on the phone that since it was a Saturday (3/19/16) that the part would ship out on Monday, and that I could check the order status online. A couple of days went by & I had not received any notification that it had been shipped. So I looked up the status online. To my surprise nothing was showing as to shipment status. I called Icon Fitness to inquire only then to be told that it was on backorder & it should ship out within the week.

A week goes by & still no email notification & yet still no update on the website. I called back on 4/6/16 and was told it would shipped sometime in the middle of the month. Today 4/12/16 almost a month after originally ordering the part (mind you it is a bar that is about 6 inches long that the handles attach to) almost a full month, and I am told once again it looks like it'll be another couple of weeks before it even ships out. I said "No I want to return the unusable machine. I need this machine for PT & I haven't even been able to use it!" The CSR asked if I wanted to wait for the part. NO. She then told me that since it is out of the 30 days she doesn't think they will take it back. I waited on hold for over 35 minutes. They have put in a request for the machine to be picked up... I hope.

BUYER BEWARE. Educate yourself before making a purchase from ICON Fitness or ProForm. I tried reaching out to the corporate office via email last week with no response from anyone to give them a chance to make this right. This is NOT ok. There are several issues with the order & the level of customer service. Let's start with quality control. The pivot axle is a bar that should've been tested to ensure it would fit right before it was packed in the box. I should never have been told by the customer service rep that it would ship out on Monday when I originally called in to order the defective part. I was told by a rep that was messaging me on Twitter about the problem yesterday. This is from the conversation I apologize for that. "Our policy is to inform customers of all out of stock parts before they are ordered so you are fully informed about the order status." And, then told "It looks like we are waiting on two parts orders."

There is no firm ETA because I do not know where they are in transit. I don't anticipate it will be a long time. You will get an email when the part ships. I can continue to check on this for you. If you want you can check back in with me in about a week if you haven't received a shipment notification. Is that alright? I've not heard anything from icon or ProForm on the status of the part. Not one time did they contact us to let us know the part is on backorder or that it still hasn't shipped.

Original review: March 10, 2016

ProForm customer service is nonexistent. The phone number they give goes to a holding station where no one ever picks up. The email, online chats will tell you that they will not help you. Emails go unanswered. Once they get your money they stop helping you. I would not trust them with the machines or my money.

Original review: March 7, 2016

Pro Form Elliptical Machine - Purchased $1,000 & is Piece of JUNK! :( So I wanted to put this out there in case any of you are looking to purchase an exercise machine manufactured by ProForm. SAVE yourself the headache and in our case the $1,000 and DON'T DO IT!!! My husband and I were very excited to finally have an in-home elliptical machine to use on an almost daily basis (5 days a week). We purchased our machine through Costco.com and it was delivered early December and finally moved into place where we wanted and set up, beginning use of the machine mid December of this past year.

By the end of January we ALREADY began to experience issues with it. February 10th of this year was my first attempt contacting ProForm to resolve our issue so that our machine was not sitting there as a dead weight. After about 30 minutes of troubleshooting with them on that date they figured a specific part needed to be replaced and I was informed it would take up to 10 days to receive the parts. Sure enough it took the full 10 business days to receive. Once received my husband attempted to replace the parts but could not as we did not have the proper tools. I contacted ProForm again. They told us to go buy the tools, WOW.

I went and purchased the tools instructed to use only to still have no luck. My husband determined at time of them putting these parts together that the screws used had been stripped of their threads. Again, contacted ProForm to let them know there is no way we can replace the parts and to let them know how dissatisfied I was. Finally they decide they will send a repair person to fix it but that it would take 3-5 business days for their repair person JUST to call and make an appointment with us. When I expressed my dissatisfaction with this lengthy time JUST to make an appointment I was informed there was nothing they could do about that.

Well 3-5 business days passed and no call from their repair person. Contacted ProForm again, beyond fed up and had to threaten them with filing a complaint to the BBB. This time, despite previously being told their was no way to speed up the time frame in which their repair tech would contact me to make an appointment, I was told a repair tech would contact me within 24-48 hours. Guess what, of course the time they call I was away from my phone. :/ Not more than 10 minutes later I returned their call and had to leave a voicemail. I attempted 4 more times to get a hold of the repair tech over a course of 2.5 days, still no luck.

I contacted ProForm yet AGAIN. I informed them that as we spoke I was beginning to fill out my complaint with the BBB. They told me they would have a repair tech contact me that day. I told them that would be GREAT however I would still be submitting my complaint as this has take far too long already and I had my doubts about them. Late that day a repair tech contacted me to set up an appointment for 3 days later. The repair tech came out, replaced the part ProForm sent us and tested out the machine for no more than 1 minute. This was this past Friday. This evening was the first time back on the machine since the repair, and after just ELEVEN minutes on a simple workout, the same issue presents itself.

Returning this beast is not the easiest thing to do. To return it we have to have it by our front door where they dropped it off upon delivery. We had to pay $60 to have the machine moved upstairs into place where we desired to have it. So that means we would have to pay another fee to get the machine moved to where the delivery people would take it. The last thing I want to do is to return it as this is our main source of exercise. I just want the dang thing to work. :( I wanted to share our headache of an experience with you in case you were considering one of these machines.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

I will never order another product directly from your company. Three weeks ago I ordered an elliptical from ProForm. I entered my credit card information - which is standard procedure for online ordering. I also opted for the additional $99 to have the elliptical brought in through the front door as opposed to curbside delivery. On the following day I received an email offering a special deal on an extended warranty for $179.95. I authorized them to add the warranty to my product. About one week after I ordered my elliptical, I checked online to see the status of my order. When it showed that my order had never shipped, I called the company. This was my first experience with ProForm's requisite marathon of elevator music necessary before being afforded the opportunity to speak with a live person.

Once I connected with a representative things seemed fine. He told me there had been a "mix-up" and that my machine which should have already shipped would be shipping tomorrow. He informed me that I would receive a call about 24 hours prior to delivery to assure someone would be home. I continued to check online status of my order on a daily basis. After another week of seeing that my machine had not shipped, I once again called ProForm. This time, my wait for a live person extended for 30 minutes. When I finally got to speak with someone, he looked at my order and said he would need to check with shipping to see why it hadn't shipped. He put me on hold for more elevator music. After about five minutes, someone hung up. I called again, waited another 20 minutes. I finally had to give up and go back to work.

Now after three weeks my product still has not shipped. I spent about one hour on elevator music duty to speak with someone about my order. When I was finally able to ask about my order, I was told that it appeared to be on back order and they were unsure when it would ship. At that point, I told him to cancel my order. He was able to cancel the elliptical. However, he was not able to cancel the warranty and the delivery fee. They had already been charged to my credit card. He told me he would need to transfer me to billing.

Another 20 minutes of elevator music were required before someone from billing could look at my order. She was able to cancel my warranty and the delivery fee. However, she informed me it would be three to four weeks before by credit card would be reimbursed. Thus, it will be a total of six to seven weeks that ProForm has had my money. Funny, they were able to take the money out of my account instantly. This is the most frustrating and poorly run company I have ever worked with. I know they make a quality product. However, if you are going to buy directly from the company - good luck.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2016

Ordered the iFit 1 year membership that is needed for machine. All they need to supply me with is a code number. I received an invoice confirmation that order received and processed and paid. 3 weeks later and I still don't have the code. I sent 2 emails to their customer service which they didn't even respond to. I called and was put on hold for an hour and had to hang up. This is a company that has no respect to its customers after it takes their money and doesn't deliver the product. Shame on them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

I purchased the elliptical on 12/17/15. Was supposed to be delivered Jan 6th - no updates from Proform. When calling in, they told me it was locked and that I needed to call shipping. Shipping calls prepare to be on hold for over an hour. (1/11/16) and I still have yet to hear from the company. I called sales again the following night and they advised no shipping/tracking info was updated. It was best to call the shipping department directly. I have been on hold for an hour trying to get through to the shipping dept. with no answer.

There has been no proactive to me by your company regarding my missing machine. If I wasn't diligent in pursuit, would I ever be contacted regarding my missing machine? I Have no machine, I have been billed and have no expected arrival date. I have no communication from you knowing that my issue is being worked on getting resolved. The only communication I have received is the same email i got when I checked status with the tracking number you provided after purchase. I would like a full refund (I will not accept paying any restocking fees). I expect the full purchase price, taxes and the In-home assembly I purchased refunded to me.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

01-05-2016. First of, do not ever deal with these companies. Unless you want to wait on hold when you call for hours. I mean HOURS. These companies are set up to waste your time so you go away. They make it excruciatingly difficult to return anything, get support, or just get customer support. THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY, DESIGNED TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND MAKE IT SO PAINFUL TO GET ANY SUPPORT FOR THEIR WORTHLESS PRODUCTS.

Proform, iFit, ICON Health are all the same company. I found this out by calling them all when I bought the Proform Hybrid Trainer Pro and after: 1. Buying a 2 year subscription to iFit, creating my account online. 2. Putting the equipment together. 3. Trying for 2 days to get my iPad connected. 4. Calling iFit, then Proform, then ICON. When I called, I would have to put my phone on speaker, sit back and wait for literally hours. When I did get a live person on the phone they would ask the same "registering equipment" questions. Until one lady said, "you are already in our system". So I asked her, if they were all the same companies, she said yes. Well, that explains it.

The Proform Hybrid was advertised as working with iFit; using the maps and all that great stuff. So I bought 2 years of iFit when I bought the trainer. That was in Dec. 2015. This was a Christmas gift for my wife. This is Jan 2016, and I am learning from iFit, Proform and ICON that the software for iFit does not work. They predict it will be working by end of the month. "END OF THE MONTH?" That's the same load of Bull I give my boss at work when I can't get anything working. So now I want to cancel the iFit subscription. I have spoken to a real person over 2 hours ago, she transferred me to the "refund and retention" department. I have been literally on hold listening to this crap music for over 2 hours. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE COMPANIES AT ALL.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

Well, new ProForm elliptical 600 LE came. Upon arrival, the box did not look damaged at all. Upon assembly, after 2 hours, could not proceed because left arm and left leg were damaged. It appears to me as if they shipped the faulty part intentionally because the box did not look damaged. Called the customer service number the next day (now) and have been on hold for 18 minutes, after being on hold for five. Is ProForm even a real company? As far as I'm concerned, they do not have a customer service department if you can't get through at 10:00 am on a Tuesday. Now a total of 25 minutes and still haven't spoken to anyone. Tempted to just call the store I ordered from and return the whole ** thing! If you are thinking about ordering any of their products, first call their "Customer Care" number at 1-888-533-1333 and see if you can get through!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

Pro form 600LE elliptical - Bought unit through Groupon, Jan 2014. 4 months later it broke. Tech came out, charged $120 to fix. 12 months later a knocking sound became evident, followed instructions from customer service and disassembled unto. Took pictures and she stated it was the belt even though I told her there were metal filings on the floor by rear wheel $221 later and a month to schedule tech, he tells me it's not belt. But rusted bearings! $500 to fix. Junk. Do NOT buy this! Trying to return belt but it's longer than 15 days, their fault.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

My ProForm elliptical was purchased from Costco. It is rated at 325 pounds. I weigh 225 pounds. After using it 3 times a week for several years the peg holding the leg to the elliptical snapped in 2, causing me to fall off and hurt my back. I contacted Proform and they gave me a discount to purchase the new part. At this time I asked about issues with this elliptical and they assured me nothing was wrong with it. That this was an isolated case. I asked if I should replace the other side and they said "No, you won't have any issues." 4 months later, the metal frame of the other side breaks in 1/2. This is the 2-inch metal frame that supports all of your weight and it simply cracked and broke in 1/2.

Now I am mad. I contacted Proform again and received the typical customer disservice. I explained I was no longer willing to fix this obviously defective unit. A metal frame of an elliptical should not split in 1/2. This is obviously a sub-par construction and they are misleading when they say the weight limit is over 300 pounds. I gave them an opportunity to do what's right but of course, as you can read from all other complaints here that they obviously care absolutely nothing about customer service or whether or not they have made a defective product. I do not accept that a metal frame can simply break. I understand replaceable and serviceable parts. But metal frames? You must be kidding me. Can you believe they never asked to see a picture or what happened? This is an inferior product. If you plan on hanging your dry-cleaning on it, go ahead. But if you plan on using it, expect it to break throwing you off the machine and getting hurt.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

I bought a ProForm elliptical and paid the extra $150 for them to bring it up to my apartment and put it together. They told me it would take 45 minutes to set up but it took them over 2 hours. When they were "done", they said the entire front stabilizing piece was missing and they would let them know and have it delivered. A week later, I had to call and ask for it myself. When it arrived, I put it together myself. Finally after weeks, I could finally actually use it. The first time I used it, the pedal completely fell off when I was on it. The people who put it together never put the screws in to hold it together.

Resolution response: Sept. 23, 2015

I was given a full refund due to the issues and dissatisfaction with my elliptical. Proform customer service handled the refund process promptly and to my satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

Purchased a ProForm 12 elliptical. I noticed the box had damage, and when I opened it, I discovered the plastic covering on the fly wheel was cracked. Given I spent $1200 and purchased an extended warranty, I figured they would send someone out to fix the broken part. Nope. They told me I could order the part (which I would have to figure out the part number) and they would ship it to me so that I could take the machine apart and figure out how to replace it. I couldn't believe it!

I decided to see if the crack affected the machine. It appeared it didn't so I thought I'd live with it. Used it one time, and it worked fine. The next time I went to use it, the console did not work. I now want to return it in my "30-day money back" guarantee period. They tell me I will have to box it, pay for shipping, and pay a 10% re-stocking fee. I'll report how this all turns out, but stay away from this company.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

I bought the Proform Hybrid directly from them online. Set it up and it worked fine the few times I used it. That is, until just after the 90-day warranty expired and now there is no electrical current when I start to pedal and therefore I can't start a workout and there is no resistance control. I inquired about buying an extending warranty plan from their warranty company, UTS, but they rudely replied that I am not eligible to buy one after the 90 days expired. Wish I saw these reviews before I purchased this piece of junk.

Original review: May 23, 2015

PRO-FORM 15.5 s Model 831.28622.1 Ser. # U05G26535 I tried Sears and that was a joke. I'm done, no more buying from SEARS. This is why Sears is losing sales everyday due to their bad service. I'm done with Sears/K Mart. I have had things like this at Walmart. I get the MRG and they had me bring 2 big things back and replaced them with a like priced product at no Charge to me, they are Super. Wal-Mart Takes care of me and does a very fine JOB. This is why Walmart is my store. I should have got my ELLIPTICAL from them!!!

I sent a e-mail to Pro-Form in Utah 2 weeks ago and have got no response, POOR SERVICE. I called a parts replacement and was told my Pro form is obsolete and can't get console parts and try E bay for a used one for sale. I did and no luck. All I need is a new battery console lid to hold the batteries in the console. Mine cracked and finally fell out of my Elliptical and now fan, and my controls won't work, Poor Lid, plastic that you can't glue. I think this what all of the companies are doing - buy in China and we buy and can't get parts. Should be a law about this type of sell at the box stores.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

We attempted to order a ProForm elliptical and 5 days later no update on order status. I have tried for DAYS to reach someone. Have called 3 different 800 numbers and held and held. Never reached anyone. I have contacted our bank and thus far the charge is only preauthorized. I have sent emails to every single email address I can find with instructions to cancel the order. I hope and pray it will be cancelled as I do not want to file a dispute to get my money back. How on earth is a company like this still in business. No customer service and from reading other reviews those of you who actually received something were unhappy. I'm also filing a complaint with the better business bureau in Utah.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2015

I used my Proform elliptical for a couple of years when the left handle bar broke. While looking over the machine, I discovered a sticker which suggested I would be covered by the lifetime frame warranty. Since the break was to a 1 inch steel tube, I thought I'd be covered. Wrong? Next I discovered the replacement parts would cost $170 +shipping. I decided to pursue a local welder for repair. The welder laughed still ProForm's weld quality and fixed it for $20 - better than I expected. My machine was back and working again... For about 6 workouts. This morning the right hand handle broke (other side) in the same location! At least I had the good judgement not to have spent the $170 previously. I guess it's off to the welder again. As an automotive engineer, I'm amazed this piece of junk made its way to market. Doesn't ProForm do any type of durability testing?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I ordered a 2015 Proform 9.0 NE Elliptical on 01/04/2015. That night, I got an email offering a wonderful extended warranty, and I took it. It said that it was "in stock" on their website. After a week I called to check the status of my order, Sat on hold for 45 minutes waiting until I finally went online and after 10 minutes was able to "chat" with someone. They said it hasn't been made yet and it may be in around the 20th. I said I want to cancel my order, they said I had to call another number for that, they couldn't do it via chat. By the way, I have been on hold for 30 minutes as I write this. I went to cancel my credit card, and their trick is to not post it to your account until it has been shipped. That way you cannot cancel or block payment. This company is the absolute worst I have ever dealt with. Don't ever, EVER buy from them!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I ordered the Proform elliptical 9.0 NE on 12/29/2014. If you check the website now, you will see that the model is advertised as "In Stock." However, after receiving the confirmation email, I hadn't heard anything else - no shipping info, etc. I paid via PayPal and a hold was placed on my funds. I finally got a hold of someone on the phone on Thursday 1/1/2015, and he told me that the model was currently out of stock, but would be in on that Friday or the Monday after the weekend. I asked him why I wasn't informed that this was backordered, and he said because it was such a brief delay that they wouldn't change the website for it. That's fine, I suppose, until Monday came and still no update on my order.

After being on hold for 1.5 hours on the phone, I tried the live webchat. The webchat is also a LENGTHY time to wait (30+ minutes) and the "agent" simply sent me a link to ANOTHER webchat (and it was the wrong one - she sent me to Nordictrack, and I had to remind her that I had ordered a Proform. So, she nearly sent me on another dead-end). When I finally communicated with a Proform agent, "Jesse" informed me that the model was actually backordered BY TWO ADDITIONAL WEEKS, and oops their bad. I was shocked and asked why they didn't bother to update their website and state that the NE was backordered by ALMOST ONE MONTH. No response to that question. I then typed whether or not my order was still in their system and would there be a later billing issue with my bank (PayPal had by then released their authorization hold on the funds).

If you're like me, you don't just have $1000 dollars lying around. Once I make that kind of investment (and yes, it's a hefty investment for me), I want the money out of my account and to receive the mutual benefit of my transaction. What a ridiculous way to mishandle orders and abuse customers' trust. It borders on fraud. Don't market and sell something to a consumer without bothering to tell them that you don't actually have the product in-stock for almost a freaking month.

Take my word for it, order elsewhere. This is SHODDY business practice. I don't even mind the delay, the elliptical was a good deal, and I would have likely ordered it anyway. However, I should have been informed of the delay, and the company needs to advertise that the item is currently backordered for however long.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2014

I purchased a ProForm 600 LE Elliptical a year ago. It came in pieces and took me weeks to find someone to help me to put it together. Regardless of what they say... IT IS NOT EASY TO PUT TOGETHER! From day one, I've had to tighten the handle bars so they wouldn't fall off. It is now at the point that they fall off after 3 minutes. When the machine works... it's a great workout but having to stop and tighten bolts every 3 minutes is not an enjoyable experience nor does it give you any sort of a workout.

With a 90 day warranty... ICON basically covers nothing. They charge for everything. $47 for nuts and bolts! Granted, I spent $900 on the machine, and you get what you pay for, but really...! $900 isn't small change. Their customer service is AWFUL! Their live chat simply gives you a toll free number to call, but good luck with that! If you get through on that number in less than an hour, you're doing good! In general... poorly manufactured equipment, poor customer service and ICON does not stand behind their product. Which means, you are much better off purchasing from anyone other than ICON!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

Beware of buying from this company. We bought an elliptical and they contacted out their false white glove service. They sent an independent truck with two old guys who have never, ever set up an elliptical. They caused over a thousand dollars damage to our beautiful wood stairways. It's been over a month and ProForm will not cooperate in getting our home repaired. They say it's the delivery companies fault. ProForm hired them. Not us. We called a flooring company for an estimate, and they informed us our stairways are very dangerous in this condition. Also the Pergo style our stairs are made of is discontinued. I would never do business with ProForm again. Tomorrow we will look for an attorney. And to a motel until repairs are made.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

I have had this elliptical machine for about 3 years. I bought it at Dunham's and put it together myself. It has worked great up until several months ago, when the console started not shutting off. I didn't realize at first that that was the problem. I first thought the batteries were bad, so I replaced them. It worked fine again, until the batteries died. I don't know when I figured out that it wasn't shutting off. I tried removing the batteries when not using the machine, but that is a hassle. I contacted ProForm today, I can't rate their customer service yet, but judging by the other reviews I'm afraid that it won't be a good experience. I was wondering if using an AC power source would solve the problem. I actually like the machine. This is the first problem I've had with it, and don't really want to buy a new machine at this time.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2014

I purchased the elliptical two years ago and due to my profession, I travel a lot. When I first used the elliptical, it kept calibrating after 10 minutes. I just didn't have time to resolve the issue until the last day of my warranty. I called and they ship a $260 card to reset the console. After waiting 2 months, the card finally arrive and I got an extra 5 minutes (15-20 minutes) of workout time. I called the help desk and they offered to sell me a newer model for just over $600 or a new console for $400. I asked why would I purchase anything from them ever again. Now, I have an expensive exercise equipment that I can only use for 10-15 minutes at one time.

Original review: July 11, 2014

Have a ProForm 600 LE elliptical bike. Bought it in February and the console just died. Was told by ProForm that it was no longer under warranty and that a new console would almost the same price of a new bike. ProForm should be ashamed of themselves for selling defective parts. Too many people are having the same issues. The product is actually built by ICON. Will never buy another product by them.

Original review: April 14, 2014

I ordered an elliptical trainer from ProForm at the beginning of March. I do understand that these ship freight and expected a reasonable long delivery time. However, I was informed it shipped much quicker than I had anticipated. Then it all went downhill. It shipped - four weeks later - still nothing. No delivery scheduled and no one seemed to know where it was. I called customer service who explicitly told me that it was delivered to my home address and signed for by someone I had never heard of. Come to find out - it was sitting in a moving storage facility in New Hampshire for well over two weeks.

When it finally arrived another week later, the box was beat up and basically open. The delivery guys told me they'd assemble it for $135. No thanks, I can handle it. So I go to assemble it and there are several MAJOR parts missing. Not screws or caps - 2 foot long metal pieces. So I call customer services and they say they will ship out new parts. I paid extra to have them come UPS Blue so that I could get them faster. I continued as far as I could with assembly then found more major missing pieces - handlebars. I had to call back again. This was an hour after my first call and they wanted me to pay again for expedited shipping.

Finally today, April 14, once of the replacement pieces arrives however, there are no bearings and no way to attached the piece. It is useless to me without the bearings which have to be put on with high pressure in a factory. When I called back to day the customer service representative basically told me this was my fault and that they'll ship the bearings out (God know how I am going to get them on without heavy machinery) and they will be here in 7-10. So, all said and done, if I ever get this thing put together and working, it will likely have been over a two month process since the date it was ordered.

My alternative is disassembling what I have, packing it up and hauling all 400 pounds of it down my stairs and to a UPS store to ship it back. Then wait for them to process that return (given my experience I would anticipate this taking at least 2 weeks) and ship me out a new one. Lose - lose situation for any consumer that orders ProForm equipment. Don't do it - you are better off ordering a Schwinn or LifeFitness product. Their customer service is excellent.

Original review: April 1, 2014

On 11/12/13, I purchased a 510E elliptical online from Proform.com due to needing an upgrade from an older, failing Proform rear drive model. On 2/1/14, I FINALLY have a working machine. That's right, 2 1/2 months. Keep reading for details of my online buying nightmare. On 11/23/13, I called to see the status of my order, because I had not heard anything on the shipping of my unit. I was told that the 510Es were out of stock and they would upgrade me to a 710E. I thought this was a decent move on the company's part but still wonder how long it would have been until they contacted me with this news. Oh well.

On 12/10/13, I received my 710E. It took a couple of days to put together due to my work schedule, and started using it. The wheels made a loud noise while in use and the right wheel started to fall off the ramp while working out with increasing frequency. It was unusable without tempting fate with an injury. I called to report the problem on 12/19/13, and then took a real good look at the unit and found the wheel ramp not to be straight. I found the mount on the base of the unit welded incorrectly causing the angling of the ramp and took pictures at the customer service reps request.

I e-mailed the pictures to the customer service rep. They did not find this sufficient to send me a new unit and put in an order for a contracted field service rep to look at it. They also asked for some parts that I thought might need replacing. The parts came in and after a few phone calls to the service rep, he finally showed up on 1/8/14. He found the same problem I described, took better pictures and sent them in his report to Proform. He told me to wait until Monday, 1/13/14, to call, so they would have the report he sent them in their system.

I called on Tuesday 1/14/14. I was told that they would send me another unit, but that was all that they would do. I requested that they remove the old one and assemble the new one, but that did not work for them. I feel that I fulfilled my obligation by purchasing the unit and assembling it (ONCE). I feel it is only fair that due to the problem being with their manufacturing of the unit, that THEY should take the time to disassemble the old unit, box it and assemble the new. This took me around 5 hours to do. And as you can see, I am not happy about that. The new unit arrived on 2/1/14. It is finally assembled, and I am ready to get this nightmare behind me and start working out again. Two and a half months is a long time to stop your workout routine. I then put a review in on Proform.com that was similar to this one. Of course it is nowhere to be seen. Hopefully you keep my experience in mind before making any purchase on Proform.com.

Original review: March 2, 2014

I bought a Pro Form Hybrid elliptical back in Feb. 2013, and used it until July 2013. The console died after I finished paying it off, and the warranty was expired. I only used it three months - and, in Late July (2013) the console died, I figured it needed new batteries. I put in new batteries, and it still did not work. I had my husband look at it, try to fix it - now the machine is a really expensive clothes hanger. I wrote to the BBB about it, and never heard anything. I will never buy anything from Pro Form again. I am very dissatisfied with that company.

Original review: March 1, 2014

Machine arrived damaged. Phoned to send back. Told do not send back, we will repair. Three months later still waiting for parts. ProForm/UTS will now not repair some damage because they say it's just cosmetic. A new machine was purchased and ProForm's attitude is "well it works". Many phone calls and emails asking for help totally ignored. Worst customer service by far. It seems ProForm could not care less.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2014

Pro-Form 6.0 ET Elliptical purchased new from Costco on 12/29. Upon unpackaging found that the computer console that runs the machine was missing. There is literature packed with the machine to not contact the retailer with any problems or missing parts so I immediately fired off an email to the company and followed up with a phone call on Monday morning 12/30. They instituted an order to get a console sent to me, however it is back ordered and it seems no one at this company can tell me when the back ordered product will be received. Quite discussed that such a component is not stocked for one and also that I spent $$ for useless equipment that I can't take back and have to wait for the factory to fix. Never, Never again will I buy anything Pro-Form or ICON Health & Fitness.

ProForm Ellipticals Company Information