3.9/5 (321 ratings)

About ProForm Ellipticals

ProForm Ellipticals Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I am adding to my home gym equipment but don't have a lot of space. I got a ProForm elliptical and it has a reasonable, compact footprint without me losing out on a good workout. I am attracted to Proform because it was the brand my parents always purchased when I was growing up and I remembered the quality. The quality is still there.

This is a sturdy elliptical. It is extremely quiet and smooth feeling when you exercise. If you have an uneven surface, you can adjust the feet. I thought that was well thought out.. It was put together in about an hour and half and I'm enjoying the free iFit trial. It gives me an opportunity to journey the world while working out. The trainers seem kind and are motivating. The water holder is large enough that I can hold my large YETI. I would say, as with any work out equipment, make sure you have enough cord space. My outlets are mid wall in my basement so a surge protector worked well since the cord isn't super long. This elliptical is going to give me years of use. I received this item at a discounted rate for my unbiased opinion.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I purchased my elliptical for a Christmas gift. Reviews looked great on the site. Approximately 6 months after use I starting hearing a sound while using that sounded like a mechanical issue. I called the warranty department the tech had me do a video call to confirm problem. The tech confirmed there was an issue and ordered parts. This was around June. I received an email stating if I were waiting on parts, wait until parts arrive then schedule service. Parts arrived and I scheduled service.

Finally got a tech appointment in August. 1st tech assigned after several attempts to contact, texted me and said, "I no longer work for this company." Ok... Called again and was assigned another tech. Appointment scheduled.. Tech had to cancel 1st service appointment for personal reasons. Ok rescheduled and tech came out to service elliptical. Super nice tech. They found where the issue was took out a part already installed and put it back in (None of parts ordered were installed). The noise went away.

A few days later the noise returned. Ok..no problem. I called warranty department back. Customer service rep stated, "No problem I will resubmit, if you don't hear anything back in 24 to 48 hrs call back." (by the way I informed the rep none of the ordered parts were installed) Did not hear anything from Proform warranty dept. So I called back. I called and while waiting on the representative to research my service order the phone hangs up. I called back and she asks me for my model #. Wait....what???? This service order has been ongoing since June. It is now September. Asked rep to hold on while I get the info requested and yup...you guessed it phone hangs up again.

I called the company that handles the service orders and I was told proform stated on the service order customer is to install parts on their own. Now I am the subject matter expert on their equipment according to them. I have never...ever been told by any warranty department or company that I have purchased from to install or repair the purchased (warrantied) item myself. Why am I paying for a warranty???? Lessoned learned here for sure. Do more research and don"t just rely on the reviews for the product website.

Tony

We’re sorry the unit you received has been making noise and needing repairs. We would like to ensure that your equipment works correctly for your use so we can be a positive part of your workout routine.

We also apologize for the abrupt disconnects you experienced with our Member Care department and understand how that interrupted and confused communications.

Please message us via Facebook for quality care and assistance. Let’s get you the service available.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: July 20, 2021

Bought an Elliptical a couple of years ago. Warranty run off. However called and paid for a technician and parts. Over the phone, I let the customer service person know what the machine was not doing. No one ask me for a videoconference call to confirm the parts. They confirmed the parts that I will be needing by phone. Waited for more than 3 weeks. Parts arrived and called the technician. He told me those not were the needed parts that I needed the console instead of the resistance motor. NOW called back and the customer representative told me that they don’t have the console anymore. I paid for the tech and parts and the machine still not working. Thanks for nothing…

Bianca

We are very sorry for the problems you have experienced with your elliptical and that you received the wrong parts to fix your unit. We appreciate this feedback so we can improve our customer service. We want your elliptical working as soon as possible which is why we are here to help.

Please send us a direct message on Facebook so we can assist you further. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks! - ProForm

Original review: June 23, 2021

Updated on 06/25/2021: The ProForm company is not helping. I have chatted with a representative all day today. They refuse to send me to billing and returns and say the time has passed to return the item, even though I explained I have injuries each time I use it and have to heal for up to 8 weeks, and try again and again and get another injury. This was during Covid when technicians and parts were not available in a timely manner. This is not my fault. The back and forth doesn't solve my issue. They sent a technician out here to calibrate the elliptical in April/May and he replaced a part, yet it didn't fix the problem. Then when I tried again, the same injury, and had to wait another 8 weeks.

I tried it Sunday again and no go, been compressing my leg and icing it and taking pain killers. So, been on chat all day with someone and they want to send out another technician, rather than make it right for the customer, which is a bad elliptical with horrible tension, who wants to return and get a refund. It's just not a friendly experience and I don't feel as if spending all day chatting with a rep, solved any of the issue I have. Personally, I just want to get this resolved with help and consideration, not debate whether I took too long contact them on tension and equipment issues and missed my window to return. I would like to know my options.

Original Review: I purchased my Carbon EL in December and had it assembled. I was so excited but After using it 4-5 times I got a big bulge in my leg and went to hospital For ultrasound. Results said it was excessive exercise. Asked for Proform to calibrate machine and they came out in May. Couldn’t repair or lessen the tension so I called billing to have them come out and pick it up as I cannot use it. I have tried multiple emails and left voice messages and no one will answer. They won’t even make it right for the consumer and do not even make a call back to understand my situation or provide options. So disappointed and would like to understand what can be done to either make machine right or return it. For now it’s in a corner. I’m just concerned as to why they won’t answer as I have paid this off and now here without options.

Karen

We are sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital and that you haven’t received the answers you are looking for. We understand that this situation can be frustrating which is why we are here to help make it right to you.

We care about our customers and their satisfaction with our products and services. Please direct message us on Facebook so we can take a closer look into this and help you find a solution. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks! - ProForm

Original review: May 26, 2021

I ordered a ProForm Carbon E7 Elliptical online on 4/11/2021. I received the wrong model about 2 weeks later. Unfortunately we didn't discover this until my husband fully assembled it. When I contacted the returns department they have you go through a third party company to make arrangements for them to pick up the machine. Then I had to speak to another department to get the correct machine reordered. This took approximately 1 hour. I received the new machine about 2 weeks later. I asked if the company could assemble the new machine for free (they normally charge $150).

They also use a third party to ship their products so they could not offer it to be assembled for free. It took another week for the pickup company to reach out to me to arrange a pickup time. You have to go through a link to set up the date and time. Nothing was available until another week out. They don't do pickups on the weekends and they need 48 hours notice. Mind you I now have 2 machines. I was contacted by the pickup company to confirm my pickup date which is scheduled for 5/29/21.

My husband assembled the new Elliptical and the resistance doesn't work. I then had to reach out to the proform support center after trying to troubleshoot the machine on our own. I did the chat feature and ended up dealing with 2 different people since the first person didn't follow through with what she said she would. I then spent 1 hour on the chat where I had to send pictures of the machine in order to get the resistance motor part replaced and to set up an appointment with a technician to install it. I was told the machine needed to be inside the house in order for the part to be replaced under warranty. I asked the person to not end the chat while I took another set of pictures with the machine inside. She then disconnected the chat before I could send the pictures through the chat.

I then emailed the pictures as per her request. Now I had to call the 1 800 where I spent another hour on the phone. I was told the pictures I had emailed to 2 different people did not get added to my account. At this point I was done. I couldn't imagine having to deal with this company for anything else. I told them that I wanted to return the broken machine for a full refund. In order to do that I had to be transferred to someone in a different department. I was then placed on hold for another 10 minutes. I asked for them to schedule the pickup time for the broken machine to be the same as when their going to pickup the wrong machine. I was then told that they would try their best to make that happen but if they couldn't I would be getting contacted again by the pickup company to schedule a pick up date. I would never recommend purchasing any product from Proform. This has been an absolute nightmare.

Original review: May 17, 2021

It is impossible to get a Proform technician to repair my elliptical. There is one technician who services the Port Macquarie region from Newcastle and he is unreliable and doesn’t actually come to the premise like he says he’s going to.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Wish I had read reviews before buying. <1 year. Rust wear on multiple parts of machine. Followed up w/ customer service regarding warranty. Said does not cover rust. Asked why rust occurring. Said sweat. Did not buy answer given degree of deterioration and also in spots could not have perspired on. Did not provide remedy and my fault. Sorry would have to sweat profusely to cause this much damage <1 year. Do not stand behind product. Was even told by customer rep hasn’t heard of this happening. Stay away from their products.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Love this elliptical. It's fairly sturdy and does the job. This review is in regards to the free membership with iFit. You need ifit to "register" your machine. I was unaware that with the free trial I gave ProForm the ability to let ifit charge me for a monthly fee after those 30 days were up. I looked prior to buying the machine if there was a hidden fee mentioned and saw nothing. Fun fact I didn't even have my elliptical when ifit apparently started its free trial with me. I used it exactly once-to start my machine. I called today when I noticed the fee on my card and tried to get them to cancel it. They wouldn't refund me but I was able to cancel any further charges.

Just a word to the wise either don't get the free trial or cancel it as soon as your machine arrives. While they told me this policy was listed in their terms/conditions I still find it shady that I received no email/communication that my free trial was going to expire or anything that would indicate that I would be responsible for the fee after a certain point. What I find even more shady is that when I initially went on proform to cancel my "membership" they didn't have a card on file which means that proform was giving them my information. Be very very very wary of the practices of the company. T

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

ProForm has terrible customer service. After I ordered an elliptical, and got email confirmation of the order date I didn't receive the elliptical. I called them 3 times (2 weeks apart) but each time they told me it was out of stock and I would get it when it's back in stock. Then I was told by their "Billing and Returns" department that the elliptical was discontinued and they were not shipping them and advised me to cancel and transferred sales. Sales said I was advised incorrectly and that I shouldn't have cancelled the order. They didn't apologize and hung up. Just go with another company. They will make you frustrated and don't care about the customer. You may put in the order and everything seems fine, but if anything goes wrong, they will not help you out.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Machine is pretty good, but to do a HIIT workout on my HIIT machine without the subscription requires me to manage the workout myself. Just so we're on the same page: HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training. Yes, you read that right: there is no included HIIT workout on the HIIT machine. Suggestion to ProForm: include some three basic HIIT workouts: beginner, intermediate and fit. The trainers are nice and all for the free workouts but don't meet the mark of an High Intensity Interval Trainer. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

On Christmas Day I decided to order the Carbon E7 Elliptical from ProForm after seeing the 36 month zero percent financing offer along with 3 years of the iFit program. Financing process was easy and received quick approval. Was contacted about doing the extended warranty which was a really good deal and could be added right to the financing so decided to add it on to the machine. That’s as far as I got to becoming a ProForm owner.

Received an email on December 25th stating that my elliptical had shipped and I would receive in 2-3 weeks, it was coming from Georgia to upstate New York. Started tracking the shipment and it arrived in my area on January 7th. That’s when the updates stopped on the tracking. I contacted the shipping company to see what was going on and was told that it had to come off of their truck and go to the distribution company down the road to be delivered to me. Waited over a week without any word so I contacted ProForm to see if they collided help.

ProForm provided me with a phone this on 20th that I tried calling but went to voice mail. Called again on the 21st went to voice mail and was unable to leave a voice message due to the mailbox being full. I was able to leave an SMS message and received a text 10 minutes later saying they were going to deliver the elliptical on the 22nd between 11-3. Driver showed up around 2:30 with a NordicTrack bike for me. Driver tried contacting his warehouse to see where the elliptical was to no avail and let me take a copy of his shipping list to contact Icon.

I waited on hold for 45 minutes only to have the customer service rep tell me that his warehouse wasn’t sure if they shipped the wrong unit or if mine had ended up missing but they said they would ship another one if I wanted and offered me 5% off ($65) for being inconvenienced. Decided to cancel order seeing as I had no confidence that the next one would arrive. The only good thing about my experience was the Icon representative named Travis and delivery guy Dwayne did everything they could to try and rectify the whole situation for me. Sorry for the long story but felt the need to share all the details.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

From the beginning of my purchasing journey to making the necessary arrangements for the Freight co to come to pick up the Elliptical that had a factory defect, my entire experience was and still is a nightmare. I got a runaround from Proform customer service to help me locate the initial problem with the resistance on the unit, not good. The technician came out and found the Elliptical non-repairable. The unit is only 4 weeks old and hasn't been used yet. More drama trying to contact EFW-returns to schedule a pickup. These clowns hung up on me 5 times after confirming with me they would pick up the machine on Wednesday and that turned out to be a nightmare in itself.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I ordered a ProForm Elliptical in October 2020. The instructions included in the box had a number to call to hire someone to assemble 800-445-2480. I prepaid to have someone come to my house and put the elliptical together. I was told someone would reach out to me within 3-5 days. This did not happen. I called back the 800 number spoke to Mason after 10 days. He was extremely rude and would not transfer me to his manager. I also called Proform, they said "they have nothing to do with company, they only refer them." So Proform will not support you and this 800 number is clearly a scam.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I am currently on hold for over 2 hours to speak with a customer service representative to address charges that keep appearing on my account. The late fee is 38$ Twice the amount of the minimum due. It is very frustrating to be unable to speak with anyone to resolve issues with this account.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Buyers must be aware that the warranty on the frame of a ProForm elliptical may be quite limited. The ProForm elliptical I had only had a 4 year warranty on the frame. Why wouldn't ProForm warranty the frame for more than 4 years? While I was using mine, the base separated at its welded joint, and of course, the elliptical machine falls while in use. If you are not the purchaser, and the elliptical is a gift, it will not be covered under the warranty either I was informed.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Okay, I was thinking all these bad reviews, really? But omg - I now see how they are all true!! 4 months I have been waiting for my elliptical. First it was 6 weeks. Then 2 months. Now up to 4 months. They have this cool feature where after you hold for hours they say ooooh call this number (unable to transfer or their transfer magically hangs up on you) or their call back feature calls you and immediately hangs up (tried to different phones & several tries. It is absolutely them, not me with the issue). Their financial aspect is also a cluster. Always experiencing technical difficulties. Do not buy unless you plan on getting a machine in a year or two - maybe. Do not buy if you expect any type of help/customer service. Do not buy if want to finance.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I purchased my workout bike in December as a Christmas present to myself. In February the left pedal fell off and the bar it was attached to was stripped so I couldn't put it back on. I contacted ProForm customer service, which they were very kind and helpful, she sent new parts free of charge. I had a handyman installed the parts, took him 3 hours.

As soon as I used the workout bike just 25 minutes into my workout same side pedal came loose again. I contacted proform customer service again, they were not as eager to help this time and accused my handyman of possibly installing the part wrong, which is impossible to do since the belt has to line up with the bar that holds the pedals. She did agree to again send new parts with a technician to come out this time to install the part but said after this I no longer have warranty. I believe it's a defect with the part, the bolt fits loose and there is no washer on other side to hold it tightly on. I noticed someone else had same problem with this bike, hopefully technician can figure something out.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I've had the HIIT PRO for less than 2 months. When installed it had very squeaky pedals. I sent messages. No one responded. Then the computer didn't work. More messages. And a tech who broke the machine. Now the machine is in my basement, disassembled, with no time frame for when they might or can fix it. Buyer beware. Spend the extra thousand and get the Bowflex. I wish I did.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I bought a ProForm Elliptical and had mechanical issues with it after approx 6 months of use: staying on track and gradient. I tried calling several times and the customer service phone was never answered. I went online and finally figured out what the issue could be and needed replacement parts...no response at all. No one answered at customer service. I couldn't even leave a message. Every time I see a proform commercial I get mad all over again. I spent almost 1k on proform equipment and I had to trash it within a year. Never again will I buy anything from proform. Once they get your money it's all over. If I could I'd give zero stars.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Eliptical Pro. I was waiting for my elliptical for a month. I received it and put it all together and one of the pedals was missing. I called the customer service that the part was missing, I received it within a week. There are 2 parts for the pedal and I received only one, I called them again, explaining the whole situation and they send me second part of that pedal, but the screws were missing, I had to call again... The time my elliptical was ready to use my trial time was over and I could not return it anymore. I don't like it and I am stuck with it now. Customer service told me that it is my fault not calling them to extend the trial time. Don't buy it. I'm really unhappy.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Don't purchase any elliptical from Pro-Form. Their customer service department absolutely stinks. They don't back their products. They shipped a damaged elliptical to me and wanted $450 to return the damaged elliptical plus 10% of the purchase price. I've had the elliptical for 3 months and it, of course, is worthless. Will never purchase anything from them again in my lifetime.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Worst customer service junk unit. I bought a HIIT fit stair climber. I have it 12 weeks. It's been broken for 7 weeks. Waiting for service. Do not buy. It's junk and the customer service is nonexistent. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Absolutely horrible service! I ordered a elliptical directly from the company. They delivered and assembled it in the room I chose. However, they did not assemble it properly and pieces were missing. I did not realize this until my sister got on it and it fell apart. ProForm did not want to send someone out to fix and they said the warranty did not cover assembly problems. It took several angry calls over the course of a month, to get someone to finally come out and fix it properly. This is when I was told that it was missing parts and assembled incorrectly. It’s now fixed but I will NEVER buy a ProForm product again.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Updated on 08/09/2019: A day or two after the technician fixed the problem with the screen not working, it stopped working again. I have not called it in or used the machine because I am tired of calling about this brand new piece of equipment that continuously is problematic. I will get to it when I have the time because it is time consuming to report equipment problems. It's been about 4 months since the second breakdown that I have not been using the equipment.

Original Review: I received my HIIT Trainer the end of March and by April 8, I had to order a new screen. Before ordering the new screen, I had multiple problems with the screen not working properly. I have to wait a month for the screen although I was initially informed it would be two weeks. The 1-800 number ALWAYS have a high call volume wait, which is a red flag. I am sorry to say that the machine is crappy and it is down more than available for proper use. This places a glitch in my exercise routine. I should have purchased from BowFlex.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Okay so I bought the ProForm Cardio HIIT trainer from Costco. After assembling it I find out you need to activate it online and add credit card information, I just couldn’t believe that after paying for a $800 product I still had to purchase an additional membership. I was quite honest going to return it if this was the case. After spending about 40 min reading reviews and looking for answers online I found a post that said to avoid adding your credit card information simply hold Bluetooth button 20 sec! And yes it works. My elliptical is no longer being held hostage. Hopefully it works well.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Bought an Elliptical in November of 2017. One day, the screen stopped loading up. Been trying to get a hold of them for 7 days. Their live chat is just a bot that tells you to call their 800 number but you just stay on hold the entire time. DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY. My experience with them was great because I liked the product... Bought their bike as well. Problem is that if something goes wrong...you basically have a giant paperweight. I have enclosed an email which I have sent numerous times with only an automated response to call an 800 number which nobody answers.

I have tried emailing you through the contact form and spent about an hour no on hold trying to get through customer service. My Pro-Form Pro 16.9 Model number PFEL31315.1 has an issue with its screen. It will not load up. I have also bought the extended service plan and would like to have someone come out and service it as the left handle makes a lot of noise when in use. PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE CALL ME AT **. I was going to buy another machine from you as well but there is no way I can with this type of customer service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Bad quality product. The control module, main screen did not work. Just kept flashing “hello”. Very little instructions in manual or on their website for troubleshooting or help. You can’t even talk to a rep unless you register, then after that you have to wait an extremely long time to get through. Waited 50 mins on hold on the phone then finally got through. I was told that they all flash hello so that you have to call customer service so they can try to sell you a subscription to “ifit” .

When I said I didn’t want it she said she was authorized to walk me through a fix to allow me to use the machine. It never said anything about having to sign up for “ifit” when I bought it. Very misleading and very frustrating to waste hours trying to fix it. They waste almost an hour on the phone trying to resolve it. I would never purchase from this company. Lost hours of time to assemble then more time trying to fix and get it addressed. They didn’t apologize for the inconvenience either.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I wish I would have read the reviews before I purchase from this company. My unit came in missing a piece. It was practically a defective unit. I emailed about the problem and someone by the name Crystal didn't respond until five (5) days later. I gave the information requested and waited for another few days. I didn't get a response until I sent a following up email asking what was the status. She then replied stating she wasn't able to pull the unit up with the info provided. I then sent her a picture of the actual box and still... waiting on a response. I end up calling the customer service and was on hold for A LONG TIME. Once connected, Paige wasn't able to answer a simple question. She stated that the part was ordered and she'll send over the order number. Still waiting for that. Fingers crossed. All this in a two (2) weeks' time. Some reviews I read are stating that they waited MONTHS... So I'm guessing I'm ** at this point.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I had purchased this machine around 2012, from a local store, brought it home and followed the instructions to put it together. I didn't experience troubles - outside of the plastic that wraps each joint - never was able to make it work without hearing 'scratching', removed to avoid the noise... This had been used mainly for a 110# woman who was easy on the machine. After assembly and the removal of the plastic joint wraps, it seemed fine, but that's where it ended! While they are cheap, this is something that you truly do "get what you pay for". Within a few months It started making knocking noises - couldn't ID exactly where it was coming from.

Then, about a year into it, the foot pad BROKE Off, and then the other shortly after! OK, so those items were fixable at a reasonable price - however, were extremely hard to do - nearly impossible. The latest, cracked vertical handle/extension bars that connect with the horizontal foot pad joint - on BOTH sides! I would love to attach pictures.

Being an engineer, I am amazed how this company can remain profitable - but then again, their inability to not take the necessary steps and stand behind their products, is one way to continue to take our (consumers) money and rely on their cheap prices (and products) to make it happen. The saddest part of all of this, due to the CHEAPNESS upfront cost, I actually fell into that, and bought a new ProForm - I wish I had options at this low price point, or that I could have afforded a better made machine. The woman using the machine has MS and needs to continue a cardio workout and this fits the bill...

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have read many reviews and I was told that the loud, obnoxious, popping sounds were really unusual as if I was the only person that had this problem. Buzzz, 1st LIE!!! Many complaints about this particular problem. Go figure!!! Customer service is not a good thing! I called many times, sent sound and video sounds bites and had a tech at my home 4 times with new parts that never changed the noise, when I call ProForm again and again with the same results. Nothing. Zero, all the time telling me they have no clue and "Can I take apart this machine so we can troubleshoot." The only trouble is that they are the trouble. Fix my machine!!!

ProForm Ellipticals Company Information