2.37/5

100 ProForm Ellipticals Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2017

I purchased an elliptical (920E) from ProForm.com barely one month ago. The purchasing experience was easy and fast... Then it all went downhill! Charged twice! I financed the unit for 12 months same as cash, however, I was charged 2 times for the unit and a 1-year subscription to iFit. I have called ProForm 3 times (once per week) to ask them to remove the second charge and each time they tell me they are escalating a review of my account and should have it resolved in a week.

Elliptical broke! I have been using the elliptical approximately 5 times a week for a 3-5 mile workout. I was really enjoying the experience and had developed a routine. Midway through week 4, the drive belt shredded. I had registered the unit and I immediately called customer service. After 30+ minutes on hold, I was told they would ship the belt the following day and it would take 7-10 business days to arrive. The representative said that I should be prepared to replace the belt myself (even though there is a 3-year parts and 1-year service warranty) because their service techs "are booked for weeks". She said they would ship the part the following day. I sent a follow-up email and received a reply that the part had indeed shipped (per Nathan **). That was last week. I checked the tracking number today and the part has not yet shipped and that shipment was just requested today.

I called customer service and was again told that the part had shipped last week. However when I told the customer service again that I checked the tracking number and it has not shipped she put me on hold and came back and confirmed. But, she said, "it should be shipping soon." I checked their website to see if I could just order the belt myself and expedite the shipping. There is a Parts tab on their website, but the only part I could find for my unit is the User's Manual. So now I have a machine that I have paid double for along with a subscription to iFit and I can't use any of it! As I was waiting for the customer service agent to confirm that my part had in fact not shipped on the date they promised, I checked their reviews for customer service. They have a 1-star rating (wish I had checked that sooner!).

When she came back on the line and confirmed that the part had not shipped, I asked her if she was aware of their customer service rating (I did not say what it was). She said that she was not and was not "here to argue about that". I explained that I was not arguing about anything and that I just asked a simple question. ProForm's policy allows you to try the unit for 30 days during which you can return it. However, you would need to disassemble the unit and repack in the original box and pay a 10% restocking fee. It's obvious to me now that ProForm is focused on selling their machines and cares little for the customer service or warranty side of the agreement. Before I realized this, I had praised the elliptical to a handful of my friends who were considering a purchase. I have since rescinded my recommendations and am sharing my experience with all. I do not recommend doing business with ProForm!

Original review: April 10, 2017

I am so disappointed. I decided to buy the ProForm hybrid trainer pro after seeing an endorsement by people I trust. I wanted to buy directly from proform.com since I figured that would be the best way to ensure I received the correct product. My mother decided to buy one as well. We received our machines the same day AND BOTH WERE DAMAGED. I called and they sent out replacement machines for free, but we were now left to deal with disposal of the old ruined machines.

We got the new machine and put it together (hours of our time), but as soon as it has power to start working the belt on the inside of the machine is BROKEN! It causes resistance and makes a horrible noise. WE DIDN'T EVEN GET TO USE IT ONCE! I spent 30 minutes on with a customer service guy and the only options he gave me were these: a tech will come out and a part will be sent in about a week OR: I could take the entire machine apart and try to repackage it and then send it back for a refund. That’s it. And a "sorry for the inconvenience." I will never buy from Proform.com again. I have never been so frustrated and disappointed in a product or company. They need to build better machines, and also find new ways to package and ship them. If our 3 machines were damaged upon arrival, I can only imagine how many others are as well! NOT OKAY!

Original review: April 6, 2017

This machine can be used low impact or with the incline set up high to get heart rate up and really sheds calories. The incline is adjustable to work different parts of your body.

Original review: March 30, 2017

This machine allows you to use your MP3 player and this is huge. I like being able to listen without worrying about damaging my player. Also, there is multiple programs and workouts. Though the handles could be better, and the cushioning is light weight. I'm afraid it will be destroyed, since we have teenagers that are rough. It took about 2 hours to put together. This was reading and trying to follow the directions. One person might be able to do it alone, but 2 made it much easier.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I like this Proform machine because there are different levels of difficulties. The elliptical is challenging some days but it is very easy to use. I like that I can put it on any setting that I like and change it throughout my workout. But I dislike the handle bars because they move. I wish I would have bought one without the moving bars. I don't like having to move my arms along with doing the elliptical. Other than that, it is very easy to use. You can set it on easy or hard levels and it's pretty self explanatory. I really enjoy it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?

Original review: March 28, 2017

ProForm has a lot of adjustments and levels you can use so you can get a better workout. You can increase the intensity and the resistance. It also has a feature to link to ifit. It works perfectly and has all of the best features already installed. It is always set up so easy to use. It folds up very easy but I do not use this function as I like it to always be ready. I never had any problems with it.

Original review: March 27, 2017

We paid to have the elliptical assembled. It took them 4 hours to put it together initially. I love that Proform folds up for easy storage. When I use it on a daily basis, I just have to pull a lever to unlock and unfold the machine. It's fairly easy. It has a cup holder, and I can plug my iPod in and my music plays through the speakers. But I wish it had a fan on it. I also would like to have more programs built in. And I am sorry I didn't get a machine with online programs and a bigger screen. The arms are also a little stiff and cumbersome to operate.

Original review: March 26, 2017

Setting up the elliptical was quite easy. In fact it only took less than 20 minutes to set up because it came already built together. I just had to plug in and start running. There's a lot of workout levels and presets to use. It has all the right features like heart monitor and speakers. Though I would try to include more preset so that I can choose which one I want to run. I'd also would improve the way the mats feel on your feet when you're using the machine.

Original review: March 25, 2017

ProForm gives me a full body work out and it's super easy to use. The controls are simple yet they provide the results I'm looking for. It doesn't take up a lot of space and that's great. It also comes with a lot of bells and whistles like a heart rate monitor. It's easy to set up, and probably only took me twenty minutes tops to put it all together.

Original review: March 24, 2017

We went to the store and picked up the box. Then I brought the box inside, let it sit for an hour to warm up (we got the machine in February), took all the plastic and cardboard off and laid the pieces out. I just followed the directions in the box, and it took about an hour to put the whole thing together and start using it. I like that there are different difficulty levels. It times the workout and shows the distance that you did. It has a smooth ride and a fan that helps with the cooling off process along with a jack to plug your mp3 player and use the speakers to blare your music which is a great motivator. But I would like to improve the size of the foot boards. They are just not long enough in my opinion. And where the adaptor plugs in if using instead of the 4 "d" batteries to run the console, the wire likes to hit the arms when using resulting in a clicking noise which can get very annoying.

ProForm Ellipticals Company Information