2.39/5
Based on 96 reviews that contain star ratings

99 ProForm Ellipticals Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 15, 2017

ProForm was extremely easy to set up, and the only downside was that it was heavy to put together. I have had a couple of issues with the resistance which needs monthly fixing. I like the programmed routines, varying levels of resistance and that it is simple enough to use. It is also foldable which means it is easy to store. But I would like to include a virtual personal trainer and a screen to watch a video. Right now the levels are very basic and I only have the options of 9 varying levels of resistance.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I was a little skeptical about the price but the reviews were excellent. My model is an older one. I don't have the new features that are available and I wish that it did but I don't need the extra expense when the one I have still works perfectly and it still gets the job done. It has lasted longer than I expected. And the healthy lifestyle that I was looking for was easier to achieve once I developed a routine. I don't use it anymore but I have had it ten years. My son uses it for his daily exercise routine. I have kept it because works and as easy to use as riding a bike. The instructions were simple and clear. It did not take a long time to assemble and it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Proform Endurance 720 E is great. You must make sure all the parts and joints are tightened and balanced. Otherwise, it will result in damage of the machine or even yourself. The biggest drawback of the machine is it has a horrible smell which doesn't seem to be diminishing. I'd hate to send it back but I can't leave the door open to the room it is in because it makes my whole house smell. My wife walked by a few feet away from it and asked if some chemicals were spilled. It got where I would get a headache and/or nauseous just being near or on it for a few minutes.

Original review: March 12, 2017

The ProForm is a really good brand and is worth the money. I caught it on a Black Friday sale and the price was 200. Really good price cause it was a floor model. I used it daily and I had no problems at all learning to use it. The instructions were very simple and pretty self explanatory. And it was very easy to put together, very heavy and sturdy. It held my weight of two hundred without any worries. It had a drink holder as well for water and the seat had cushioning too. Also, I have all programmable features as well as speakers. I was able to use my Bluetooth as well to hook up my phone for music. The only problem I had was storage. It had to be in my garage. I recommend it for anyone with plenty space.

Original review: March 11, 2017

The ProForm Elliptical machine was easy to set up and operate. I did it on my own with no additional help. It came with a booklet that explain step by step what to do to set it up. Also, I like that ProForm includes iFit, workout programs, and incline and a port for an iPod. It is also good for anyone on a budget. It has a decent stride width and comes with a product warranty. However, the stride could have been a little longer to accommodate my husband who is 6 ft. 3 inches tall. Otherwise it was fine and not too bulky.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?

Original review: March 10, 2017

I love that the ProForm elliptical flips over to be a recumbent bike--it's a two-for-one value that can't be beat. It keeps track of calories burned and time allocated to exercise as well. It is easy to set up but can get caught up in carpet so doesn't move easily. Operating the recumbent part can be difficult on your back if you are prone to back issues as it has a fixed angle that you have to lean against. And the spacers for your feet positions could stand to have more options. There is a certain amount of noise that increases as the equipment ages; as the parts get loosed that rattle and vibrate making it difficult to hear much over the sound of your exercising.

Original review: March 9, 2017

The elliptical seemed cheap enough for the price, but the product was not well made and seemed flimsy. I thought a product like this would be much sturdier. The price looked good for this, but you get what you pay for, so I would call this a poor value. I don't know if it was just me and my body type, but it didn't work for what I paid. It was easy enough to use. I just wish that it felt like something I would want to use instead of something that I had to struggle to use. It's without any entertainment options, so I just put it in front of a television and use that for entertainment while using it. Works well enough for me when I'm using it and it saved me some money by not having to pay for extra things.

Original review: March 8, 2017

ProForm is quite compact compared to some in the market. I also found the cellphone tray and bottle tray way stable than some I have used in the local gym. Besides, but really important, the color of it and material looks quite fancier. I would implement though a 3.5 mm in and out jacks for my audio mp3. It would be too much to ask if it could be 1/4" jacks. LED dimmer would be a great option in most of the elliptical machines. Set up is one of the easiest things that you could do. I hate complexity and nowadays, they use it as Advanced features that most of the people don't even use.

Original review: March 7, 2017

The elliptical was set up in my home by the dealer's installer. I had to call for repairs twice. It clanked from the first day I had it until I gave it away. Not the fault of the machine, except that it was uncomfortable for me to use as intended. For me it turned out to be a $700 clothes hanger. Also, I'm 5' 2" and I was assured by the dealer that the machine would be adjusted in my home to fit me. Although the installer tried his best the elliptical was too large for me. There are lots of silly led lights running around the console. Were they supposed to be motivating? If so, they did not do the trick for me.

Original review: March 6, 2017

The elliptical didn't require maintenance while owning for 10 years; during 4 month period, it was used 4 days per week, for 1 hour, and otherwise, shared with at least 2 others. It lasts forever. I gave it away to my brother and his family, who enjoyed it, and owned it for another 4 (then they gave it away to a friend). Although it might have come with these features (an iPod/earphone jack), I played my own music or tv. I would use my stereo or computer for music, and tv for viewing instead.

Original review: March 5, 2017

Excellent cardio workouts are obtainable with the ProForm. Seems to fit the human form and is comfortable for a long workout. Have used the machine for a year with no problems. Very reliable and easy to use. The machine itself is light and has good function, and is easy to move from room to room. It is less clammy than some brands and very quiet. The LED screen is bright and easy to read. It also offers different challenges to keep you interested. Has a great display and it has a rich feel to the electronics. The machine is pricey but worth it. It seems to be better engineered than other brands.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I considered few brands before I purchase one elliptical and I think that this choice I made was the right one because it is a very value for the money I paid. It is very useful. It is made with long-lasting materials that keeps it like new and I think it is very easy to maintain clean. This elliptical looks very appealing in my house. Sometimes it is difficult to learn how to use a new machine, but with this elliptical that issue was not a problem to me. It is easy to use and it was easy to learn in it. When I use my elliptical I usually watch some videos or listen to music while I look through my windows.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I paid about $1100 for my elliptical. It is very well made but would have liked to keep price under $1000. That being said I could have bought a cheaper elliptical but then I would have to give up on quality. I plan on being able to use this for years to come. It is easy to use but me being uncoordinated it took a while to be able to use the upper body workout with the moving arms. I since have gotten the hang of it and have no issues. What I would really like on the machine is an entertainment feature built in. I can plug in some devices.

Original review: March 2, 2017

It is a great machine that I would recommend to anyone. My husband and I love it. We have had it for a year and a half and it still works as good as the day that we bought it. The price was a little high but it is definitely worth it for the quality in the product that we received. It has so many options that we love and can handle quite a bit of weight so pretty much anyone can use it. All we do is plug it in, turn it on, choose a program, and that's it. All of the controls are very self-explanatory and extremely easy to use. A child could operate it. It has a plug-in for your MP3 player so you can listen to your music through the speakers on the machine rather than trying to keep in earbuds. It also has a shelf that can be used for a book, phone or tablet.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Seems as though it's pretty indestructible, works well and gives me no issues. It works as intended, I've had no complaints. I'm fairly happy with it. I don't think I'd purchase a different one. It was relatively super cheap. I got it on sale also so that made the price drop down a decent bit. It was like 200 dollars off the normal regular price. Well, as most workout machines are, they're pretty self-explanatory to use. It's not really like you need some kind of an instruction manual to figure out how to use it. There really isn't much entertainment value on most workout equipment. They don't come with like TVs equipped to them and such so nothing really to entertain.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

The elliptical glides easy and makes me feel like I am walking on water. It's a wonderful exercise and helps all body areas. Legs become toned without building too much bulking muscles. It is so easy to use! Just grip the handles to steady yourself while climbing on and put your feet on the peddles. Glide back and forth like you're skating! There is a machine that measures how many miles you have traveled on mine. This way you can keep track of your exercise. Also, I have a book stand added to read as I go along which is wonderful for me! You can purchase one with a radio too! I paid $350 and love mine!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I purchased the ProForm 450 LE Elliptical from HSN on February 3, 2017. I received the equipment on February 9. I set up the equipment on February 11 only to waste 3 hours to find out that I had received TWO RIGHT FOOT PEDAL ARMS. I needed the LEFT FOOT PEDAL ARM... I don't have two right feet. ProForm Customer Care Center is closed on the weekend, so I had to call Customer Care on Monday morning. I called ProForm Customer Care on February 13 to request the LEFT FOOT PEDAL ARM. I was told it would be shipped in 7-10 days (REALLY)! I asked the rep if she could get that out sooner. She placed me on hold while asked for approval. The rep got it approved to ship in 5 days, this was the best they could offer. I finally received the part on February 20.

The LEFT FOOT PEDAL ARM is still missing a part... it needs a PEDAL ARM BUSHING which is like a large washer to hold the LEFT FOOT PEDAL ARM in place. OMG!! Come on!! Why would a company not send all the parts needed to install this one piece, especially when I never received the right part in the first place? So, I had to call PRO-FORM CUSTOMER CARE back again on February 21 to request the PEDAL ARM BUSHING. Now I have to wait another 5 days to receive because they don't offer overnight shipping. REALLY!! I am so MAD that ProForm does not take time to ENSURE all parts needed are included in their packaging. After so much inconveniences at least offer two-day shipping. I'M STILL WAITING TO USE MY EQUIPMENT SINCE FEBRUARY 11.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Bought the Evostride on December 2, 2016. Was to be at my house before Christmas. January 2, 2017 called and just asked for a refund (it was suppose to be my Christmas present). They told me 15-30 Days. Have called multiple times (which takes hours to get through), it is now the middle of February and still nothing. The only thing I have left to do is contact my credit card company and complain about fraud.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

The ProForm elliptical is very easy to use. From your workout to controlling the machine to choosing the different settings. Also, it has some different functions that allow you to use a fan to cool off or volume control for your iPad. It felt steady and stable and it made for a comfortable workout. It was durable and easy to move around the house with the wheels. Overall an okay value but there are definitely more expensive brands to choose from. I could have also got a cheaper one but I choose the right one for me.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

The elliptical is very durable. It's sturdy but lightweight and easy to use and store. My two year old swings on it and it doesn't tip or shake. It has different settings and my two year old has a fun time playing with them but they don't break. The resistance settings, start button, and speed are all very simple to figure out as soon as I set it up. There are not many entertainment items available on this elliptical but it has a workout routine built in and a fan with two cup holders. I bought it off Craigslist and it was only 100 dollars which made me very happy. Very great value. They delivered it to me, brought it up stairs, and only charged 100 dollars.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

My elliptical was very great and helped a lot with daily routine. It was also extremely comfortable, easy to use, and is dummy proof. Considering that I hate working out it made the process fast and enjoyable. It kept me very entertained while working out and motivated throughout. Also, it has a place set for your cell phone so you can maintain business while working out. I loved it. The value was great and the quality was even better. It is something that you will have to invest in but your health is worth it. You will be satisfied with price while feeling great for buying it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

It's a great product for intense workout routine. The value was good and setup was very easy. It has wheels and a panel to scroll it down to be moved or hauled down to put under your bed or against the wall. It also has weight and google maps and a fan and goes backwards to help improve the back legs and trouble areas and has for the arms so you can workout your arms. It has a fan, a cup holder, and cushion for the feet and 30 different workout routines to choose from and it also has speakers to plug in your ipad and ipod.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

We bought our ProForm elliptical years ago and it has lasted through 5 day a week workouts throughout the years. It is very simple and easy to use. You can either select a program or workout at your own pace. We have never had a problem with it. It is easier on the knees than running.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

The price was a little steep but I have to say it was worth it. I had it for a while and it's been working for me ever since. It's made of good stuff with cushion so if I were to drop it, it won't had a hard impact and that good for me. I know it will last long. I use it like I'm in a bike race for 15 min, on a nice track or I just wear vr reality then go for there. Sometimes I just sit on it for balance and that seem to help a lot. It's neat and I like the look. It looks fancy. Have the time how many Lap I would of run in miles.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

The elliptical is very easy to use. It has great value for the money and many features work well, like the display. The display settings are very easy. Set the desired program to suit you and the rest takes care of itself. It has an iPod plugin with Bluetooth capability and a large screen for video viewing. Able to watch videos and stream music to enhance your workout routine. Once it's on you can work out and lose weight very rapidly. Also, it is very durable. I am able to use it for long periods of time. Even other family members who are larger in size use it often. It looks great and functions extremely well. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a strong piece of exercise equipment.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

When I got the machine, I was pretty big and it still works well after all I put it through. It stood up to my body weight and the using it 4 times a day. Assembly was to be expected and as far as everything else goes, you pretty much can figure it out without having to read any kind of information from the product manual that was supplied. It was highly affordable and worth every penny. The value you get in return in the long run is excellent that not other brands can give. I am satisfied with what the machine can do.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I love the bike and it works very good. This system is easy to use. I work out everyday on it, and most of the time it's an intense work out. Just pick your setting. It is sturdy and works right with heavy people. I also listen to my own music and watch my own tv while using this elliptical and talk on the phone. I love the product but it cost too much especially for my job and economy.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

The price was reasonable under $500, compared to other brands of over $1000, that does the same thing. Mine doesn't have a video screen so I look at the wall or I turn on a radio. Screen shows how fast you're going, calorie count, and other numbers. But great for cardio and it folds away when not in use. Also can take a beating with 2 boys climbing and playing on it. Treads last a long time, cause they are usually the first thing to replace. Provides a good training exercise and is economic.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Well we have had our machine for over a month and haven't been able to use it yet. Customer service said it was the resistor motor so they sent one with a video on how to install - WHAT? I said it's brand new! So they sent a tech and guess what - it was the control board. So now they have to order that and reschedule the repair. I will certainly pass on to friends and family to stay away from this company. They are the WORST with customer service. Once you buy it, it's time for them to collect the profits and sit back with a cup of coffee.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My husband ordered me an elliptical for Christmas from them for my rehab. It was supposed to be delivered by 12-20-16. It is now 1-12-16 and delivery keeps getting pushed out. I contacted ProForm and they gave me the tracking information which I in turn told them I was tracking it, but I wanted to know where it was as it was almost a month late and they said they had no information to give me and offered me $50 for my trouble. I told them to cancel my order as they did not care to investigate what the problem was with the company they used for shipping. I told them their shipping company was a reflection of them and they do not seem to care. I was told to expect my refund in 3-4 weeks. I also told them that was unacceptable as I needed to purchase another one because my wife needs it for rehabilitation and they had already put that off by a month. They did not care. They are a terrible company!

ProForm Ellipticals Company Information