ProForm Ellipticals

Compare Ellipticals

Research top Ellipticals recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The ProForm elliptical is very easy to use. From your workout to controlling the machine to choosing the different settings. Also, it has some different functions that allow you to use a fan to cool off or volume control for your iPad. It felt steady and stable and it made for a comfortable workout. It was durable and easy to move around the house with the wheels. Overall an okay value but there are definitely more expensive brands to choose from. I could have also got a cheaper one but I choose the right one for me.

The elliptical is very durable. It's sturdy but lightweight and easy to use and store. My two year old swings on it and it doesn't tip or shake. It has different settings and my two year old has a fun time playing with them but they don't break. The resistance settings, start button, and speed are all very simple to figure out as soon as I set it up. There are not many entertainment items available on this elliptical but it has a workout routine built in and a fan with two cup holders. I bought it off Craigslist and it was only 100 dollars which made me very happy. Very great value. They delivered it to me, brought it up stairs, and only charged 100 dollars.

My elliptical was very great and helped a lot with daily routine. It was also extremely comfortable, easy to use, and is dummy proof. Considering that I hate working out it made the process fast and enjoyable. It kept me very entertained while working out and motivated throughout. Also, it has a place set for your cell phone so you can maintain business while working out. I loved it. The value was great and the quality was even better. It is something that you will have to invest in but your health is worth it. You will be satisfied with price while feeling great for buying it. I would recommend it to anyone.

It's a great product for intense workout routine. The value was good and setup was very easy. It has wheels and a panel to scroll it down to be moved or hauled down to put under your bed or against the wall. It also has weight and google maps and a fan and goes backwards to help improve the back legs and trouble areas and has for the arms so you can workout your arms. It has a fan, a cup holder, and cushion for the feet and 30 different workout routines to choose from and it also has speakers to plug in your ipad and ipod.

We bought our ProForm elliptical years ago and it has lasted through 5 day a week workouts throughout the years. It is very simple and easy to use. You can either select a program or workout at your own pace. We have never had a problem with it. It is easier on the knees than running.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?

The price was a little steep but I have to say it was worth it. I had it for a while and it's been working for me ever since. It's made of good stuff with cushion so if I were to drop it, it won't had a hard impact and that good for me. I know it will last long. I use it like I'm in a bike race for 15 min, on a nice track or I just wear vr reality then go for there. Sometimes I just sit on it for balance and that seem to help a lot. It's neat and I like the look. It looks fancy. Have the time how many Lap I would of run in miles.

The elliptical is very easy to use. It has great value for the money and many features work well, like the display. The display settings are very easy. Set the desired program to suit you and the rest takes care of itself. It has an iPod plugin with Bluetooth capability and a large screen for video viewing. Able to watch videos and stream music to enhance your workout routine. Once it's on you can work out and lose weight very rapidly. Also, it is very durable. I am able to use it for long periods of time. Even other family members who are larger in size use it often. It looks great and functions extremely well. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a strong piece of exercise equipment.

When I got the machine, I was pretty big and it still works well after all I put it through. It stood up to my body weight and the using it 4 times a day. Assembly was to be expected and as far as everything else goes, you pretty much can figure it out without having to read any kind of information from the product manual that was supplied. It was highly affordable and worth every penny. The value you get in return in the long run is excellent that not other brands can give. I am satisfied with what the machine can do.

I love the bike and it works very good. This system is easy to use. I work out everyday on it, and most of the time it's an intense work out. Just pick your setting. It is sturdy and works right with heavy people. I also listen to my own music and watch my own tv while using this elliptical and talk on the phone. I love the product but it cost too much especially for my job and economy.

The price was reasonable under $500, compared to other brands of over $1000, that does the same thing. Mine doesn't have a video screen so I look at the wall or I turn on a radio. Screen shows how fast you're going, calorie count, and other numbers. But great for cardio and it folds away when not in use. Also can take a beating with 2 boys climbing and playing on it. Treads last a long time, cause they are usually the first thing to replace. Provides a good training exercise and is economic.

Well we have had our machine for over a month and haven't been able to use it yet. Customer service said it was the resistor motor so they sent one with a video on how to install - WHAT? I said it's brand new! So they sent a tech and guess what - it was the control board. So now they have to order that and reschedule the repair. I will certainly pass on to friends and family to stay away from this company. They are the WORST with customer service. Once you buy it, it's time for them to collect the profits and sit back with a cup of coffee.

My husband ordered me an elliptical for Christmas from them for my rehab. It was supposed to be delivered by 12-20-16. It is now 1-12-16 and delivery keeps getting pushed out. I contacted ProForm and they gave me the tracking information which I in turn told them I was tracking it, but I wanted to know where it was as it was almost a month late and they said they had no information to give me and offered me $50 for my trouble. I told them to cancel my order as they did not care to investigate what the problem was with the company they used for shipping. I told them their shipping company was a reflection of them and they do not seem to care. I was told to expect my refund in 3-4 weeks. I also told them that was unacceptable as I needed to purchase another one because my wife needs it for rehabilitation and they had already put that off by a month. They did not care. They are a terrible company!

The primary reason we made this purchase is for IN HOME PHYSICAL THERAPY for my knee. We placed an order back on 2/25/16 for the ProForm Hybrid Elliptical/Bike combo. I have an ongoing knee issue that we needed the machine for in home physical therapy. We received the order on March 8. When my husband was able to put the bike together a little over a week after we received it, it was brought to our attention that the Pivot Axle was defective. I called & had the part ordered. I was told on the phone that since it was a Saturday (3/19/16) that the part would ship out on Monday, and that I could check the order status online. A couple of days went by & I had not received any notification that it had been shipped. So I looked up the status online. To my surprise nothing was showing as to shipment status. I called Icon Fitness to inquire only then to be told that it was on backorder & it should ship out within the week.

A week goes by & still no email notification & yet still no update on the website. I called back on 4/6/16 and was told it would shipped sometime in the middle of the month. Today 4/12/16 almost a month after originally ordering the part (mind you it is a bar that is about 6 inches long that the handles attach to) almost a full month, and I am told once again it looks like it'll be another couple of weeks before it even ships out. I said "No I want to return the unusable machine. I need this machine for PT & I haven't even been able to use it!" The CSR asked if I wanted to wait for the part. NO. She then told me that since it is out of the 30 days she doesn't think they will take it back. I waited on hold for over 35 minutes. They have put in a request for the machine to be picked up... I hope.

BUYER BEWARE. Educate yourself before making a purchase from ICON Fitness or ProForm. I tried reaching out to the corporate office via email last week with no response from anyone to give them a chance to make this right. This is NOT ok. There are several issues with the order & the level of customer service. Let's start with quality control. The pivot axle is a bar that should've been tested to ensure it would fit right before it was packed in the box. I should never have been told by the customer service rep that it would ship out on Monday when I originally called in to order the defective part. I was told by a rep that was messaging me on Twitter about the problem yesterday. This is from the conversation I apologize for that. "Our policy is to inform customers of all out of stock parts before they are ordered so you are fully informed about the order status." And, then told "It looks like we are waiting on two parts orders."

There is no firm ETA because I do not know where they are in transit. I don't anticipate it will be a long time. You will get an email when the part ships. I can continue to check on this for you. If you want you can check back in with me in about a week if you haven't received a shipment notification. Is that alright? I've not heard anything from icon or ProForm on the status of the part. Not one time did they contact us to let us know the part is on backorder or that it still hasn't shipped.

Pro Form Elliptical Machine - Purchased $1,000 & is Piece of JUNK! :( So I wanted to put this out there in case any of you are looking to purchase an exercise machine manufactured by ProForm. SAVE yourself the headache and in our case the $1,000 and DON'T DO IT!!! My husband and I were very excited to finally have an in-home elliptical machine to use on an almost daily basis (5 days a week). We purchased our machine through Costco.com and it was delivered early December and finally moved into place where we wanted and set up, beginning use of the machine mid December of this past year.

By the end of January we ALREADY began to experience issues with it. February 10th of this year was my first attempt contacting ProForm to resolve our issue so that our machine was not sitting there as a dead weight. After about 30 minutes of troubleshooting with them on that date they figured a specific part needed to be replaced and I was informed it would take up to 10 days to receive the parts. Sure enough it took the full 10 business days to receive. Once received my husband attempted to replace the parts but could not as we did not have the proper tools. I contacted ProForm again. They told us to go buy the tools, WOW.

I went and purchased the tools instructed to use only to still have no luck. My husband determined at time of them putting these parts together that the screws used had been stripped of their threads. Again, contacted ProForm to let them know there is no way we can replace the parts and to let them know how dissatisfied I was. Finally they decide they will send a repair person to fix it but that it would take 3-5 business days for their repair person JUST to call and make an appointment with us. When I expressed my dissatisfaction with this lengthy time JUST to make an appointment I was informed there was nothing they could do about that.

Well 3-5 business days passed and no call from their repair person. Contacted ProForm again, beyond fed up and had to threaten them with filing a complaint to the BBB. This time, despite previously being told their was no way to speed up the time frame in which their repair tech would contact me to make an appointment, I was told a repair tech would contact me within 24-48 hours. Guess what, of course the time they call I was away from my phone. :/ Not more than 10 minutes later I returned their call and had to leave a voicemail. I attempted 4 more times to get a hold of the repair tech over a course of 2.5 days, still no luck.

I contacted ProForm yet AGAIN. I informed them that as we spoke I was beginning to fill out my complaint with the BBB. They told me they would have a repair tech contact me that day. I told them that would be GREAT however I would still be submitting my complaint as this has take far too long already and I had my doubts about them. Late that day a repair tech contacted me to set up an appointment for 3 days later. The repair tech came out, replaced the part ProForm sent us and tested out the machine for no more than 1 minute. This was this past Friday. This evening was the first time back on the machine since the repair, and after just ELEVEN minutes on a simple workout, the same issue presents itself.

Returning this beast is not the easiest thing to do. To return it we have to have it by our front door where they dropped it off upon delivery. We had to pay $60 to have the machine moved upstairs into place where we desired to have it. So that means we would have to pay another fee to get the machine moved to where the delivery people would take it. The last thing I want to do is to return it as this is our main source of exercise. I just want the dang thing to work. :( I wanted to share our headache of an experience with you in case you were considering one of these machines.

I will never order another product directly from your company. Three weeks ago I ordered an elliptical from ProForm. I entered my credit card information - which is standard procedure for online ordering. I also opted for the additional $99 to have the elliptical brought in through the front door as opposed to curbside delivery. On the following day I received an email offering a special deal on an extended warranty for $179.95. I authorized them to add the warranty to my product. About one week after I ordered my elliptical, I checked online to see the status of my order. When it showed that my order had never shipped, I called the company. This was my first experience with ProForm's requisite marathon of elevator music necessary before being afforded the opportunity to speak with a live person.

Once I connected with a representative things seemed fine. He told me there had been a "mix-up" and that my machine which should have already shipped would be shipping tomorrow. He informed me that I would receive a call about 24 hours prior to delivery to assure someone would be home. I continued to check online status of my order on a daily basis. After another week of seeing that my machine had not shipped, I once again called ProForm. This time, my wait for a live person extended for 30 minutes. When I finally got to speak with someone, he looked at my order and said he would need to check with shipping to see why it hadn't shipped. He put me on hold for more elevator music. After about five minutes, someone hung up. I called again, waited another 20 minutes. I finally had to give up and go back to work.

Now after three weeks my product still has not shipped. I spent about one hour on elevator music duty to speak with someone about my order. When I was finally able to ask about my order, I was told that it appeared to be on back order and they were unsure when it would ship. At that point, I told him to cancel my order. He was able to cancel the elliptical. However, he was not able to cancel the warranty and the delivery fee. They had already been charged to my credit card. He told me he would need to transfer me to billing.

Another 20 minutes of elevator music were required before someone from billing could look at my order. She was able to cancel my warranty and the delivery fee. However, she informed me it would be three to four weeks before by credit card would be reimbursed. Thus, it will be a total of six to seven weeks that ProForm has had my money. Funny, they were able to take the money out of my account instantly. This is the most frustrating and poorly run company I have ever worked with. I know they make a quality product. However, if you are going to buy directly from the company - good luck.

I purchased the elliptical on 12/17/15. Was supposed to be delivered Jan 6th - no updates from Proform. When calling in, they told me it was locked and that I needed to call shipping. Shipping calls prepare to be on hold for over an hour. (1/11/16) and I still have yet to hear from the company. I called sales again the following night and they advised no shipping/tracking info was updated. It was best to call the shipping department directly. I have been on hold for an hour trying to get through to the shipping dept. with no answer.

There has been no proactive to me by your company regarding my missing machine. If I wasn't diligent in pursuit, would I ever be contacted regarding my missing machine? I Have no machine, I have been billed and have no expected arrival date. I have no communication from you knowing that my issue is being worked on getting resolved. The only communication I have received is the same email i got when I checked status with the tracking number you provided after purchase. I would like a full refund (I will not accept paying any restocking fees). I expect the full purchase price, taxes and the In-home assembly I purchased refunded to me.

Well, new ProForm elliptical 600 LE came. Upon arrival, the box did not look damaged at all. Upon assembly, after 2 hours, could not proceed because left arm and left leg were damaged. It appears to me as if they shipped the faulty part intentionally because the box did not look damaged. Called the customer service number the next day (now) and have been on hold for 18 minutes, after being on hold for five. Is ProForm even a real company? As far as I'm concerned, they do not have a customer service department if you can't get through at 10:00 am on a Tuesday. Now a total of 25 minutes and still haven't spoken to anyone. Tempted to just call the store I ordered from and return the whole ** thing! If you are thinking about ordering any of their products, first call their "Customer Care" number at 1-888-533-1333 and see if you can get through!

My ProForm elliptical was purchased from Costco. It is rated at 325 pounds. I weigh 225 pounds. After using it 3 times a week for several years the peg holding the leg to the elliptical snapped in 2, causing me to fall off and hurt my back. I contacted Proform and they gave me a discount to purchase the new part. At this time I asked about issues with this elliptical and they assured me nothing was wrong with it. That this was an isolated case. I asked if I should replace the other side and they said "No, you won't have any issues." 4 months later, the metal frame of the other side breaks in 1/2. This is the 2-inch metal frame that supports all of your weight and it simply cracked and broke in 1/2.

Now I am mad. I contacted Proform again and received the typical customer disservice. I explained I was no longer willing to fix this obviously defective unit. A metal frame of an elliptical should not split in 1/2. This is obviously a sub-par construction and they are misleading when they say the weight limit is over 300 pounds. I gave them an opportunity to do what's right but of course, as you can read from all other complaints here that they obviously care absolutely nothing about customer service or whether or not they have made a defective product. I do not accept that a metal frame can simply break. I understand replaceable and serviceable parts. But metal frames? You must be kidding me. Can you believe they never asked to see a picture or what happened? This is an inferior product. If you plan on hanging your dry-cleaning on it, go ahead. But if you plan on using it, expect it to break throwing you off the machine and getting hurt.

I bought a ProForm elliptical and paid the extra $150 for them to bring it up to my apartment and put it together. They told me it would take 45 minutes to set up but it took them over 2 hours. When they were "done", they said the entire front stabilizing piece was missing and they would let them know and have it delivered. A week later, I had to call and ask for it myself. When it arrived, I put it together myself. Finally after weeks, I could finally actually use it. The first time I used it, the pedal completely fell off when I was on it. The people who put it together never put the screws in to hold it together.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was given a full refund due to the issues and dissatisfaction with my elliptical. Proform customer service handled the refund process promptly and to my satisfaction.

Bob of Chapin, SC on

Original Review

Purchased a ProForm 12 elliptical. I noticed the box had damage, and when I opened it, I discovered the plastic covering on the fly wheel was cracked. Given I spent $1200 and purchased an extended warranty, I figured they would send someone out to fix the broken part. Nope. They told me I could order the part (which I would have to figure out the part number) and they would ship it to me so that I could take the machine apart and figure out how to replace it. I couldn't believe it!

I decided to see if the crack affected the machine. It appeared it didn't so I thought I'd live with it. Used it one time, and it worked fine. The next time I went to use it, the console did not work. I now want to return it in my "30-day money back" guarantee period. They tell me I will have to box it, pay for shipping, and pay a 10% re-stocking fee. I'll report how this all turns out, but stay away from this company.

PRO-FORM 15.5 s Model 831.28622.1 Ser. # U05G26535 I tried Sears and that was a joke. I'm done, no more buying from SEARS. This is why Sears is losing sales everyday due to their bad service. I'm done with Sears/K Mart. I have had things like this at Walmart. I get the MRG and they had me bring 2 big things back and replaced them with a like priced product at no Charge to me, they are Super. Wal-Mart Takes care of me and does a very fine JOB. This is why Walmart is my store. I should have got my ELLIPTICAL from them!!!

I sent a e-mail to Pro-Form in Utah 2 weeks ago and have got no response, POOR SERVICE. I called a parts replacement and was told my Pro form is obsolete and can't get console parts and try E bay for a used one for sale. I did and no luck. All I need is a new battery console lid to hold the batteries in the console. Mine cracked and finally fell out of my Elliptical and now fan, and my controls won't work, Poor Lid, plastic that you can't glue. I think this what all of the companies are doing - buy in China and we buy and can't get parts. Should be a law about this type of sell at the box stores.

We attempted to order a ProForm elliptical and 5 days later no update on order status. I have tried for DAYS to reach someone. Have called 3 different 800 numbers and held and held. Never reached anyone. I have contacted our bank and thus far the charge is only preauthorized. I have sent emails to every single email address I can find with instructions to cancel the order. I hope and pray it will be cancelled as I do not want to file a dispute to get my money back. How on earth is a company like this still in business. No customer service and from reading other reviews those of you who actually received something were unhappy. I'm also filing a complaint with the better business bureau in Utah.

I used my Proform elliptical for a couple of years when the left handle bar broke. While looking over the machine, I discovered a sticker which suggested I would be covered by the lifetime frame warranty. Since the break was to a 1 inch steel tube, I thought I'd be covered. Wrong? Next I discovered the replacement parts would cost $170 +shipping. I decided to pursue a local welder for repair. The welder laughed still ProForm's weld quality and fixed it for $20 - better than I expected. My machine was back and working again... For about 6 workouts. This morning the right hand handle broke (other side) in the same location! At least I had the good judgement not to have spent the $170 previously. I guess it's off to the welder again. As an automotive engineer, I'm amazed this piece of junk made its way to market. Doesn't ProForm do any type of durability testing?

I ordered the Proform elliptical 9.0 NE on 12/29/2014. If you check the website now, you will see that the model is advertised as "In Stock." However, after receiving the confirmation email, I hadn't heard anything else - no shipping info, etc. I paid via PayPal and a hold was placed on my funds. I finally got a hold of someone on the phone on Thursday 1/1/2015, and he told me that the model was currently out of stock, but would be in on that Friday or the Monday after the weekend. I asked him why I wasn't informed that this was backordered, and he said because it was such a brief delay that they wouldn't change the website for it. That's fine, I suppose, until Monday came and still no update on my order.

After being on hold for 1.5 hours on the phone, I tried the live webchat. The webchat is also a LENGTHY time to wait (30+ minutes) and the "agent" simply sent me a link to ANOTHER webchat (and it was the wrong one - she sent me to Nordictrack, and I had to remind her that I had ordered a Proform. So, she nearly sent me on another dead-end). When I finally communicated with a Proform agent, "Jesse" informed me that the model was actually backordered BY TWO ADDITIONAL WEEKS, and oops their bad. I was shocked and asked why they didn't bother to update their website and state that the NE was backordered by ALMOST ONE MONTH. No response to that question. I then typed whether or not my order was still in their system and would there be a later billing issue with my bank (PayPal had by then released their authorization hold on the funds).

If you're like me, you don't just have $1000 dollars lying around. Once I make that kind of investment (and yes, it's a hefty investment for me), I want the money out of my account and to receive the mutual benefit of my transaction. What a ridiculous way to mishandle orders and abuse customers' trust. It borders on fraud. Don't market and sell something to a consumer without bothering to tell them that you don't actually have the product in-stock for almost a freaking month.

Take my word for it, order elsewhere. This is SHODDY business practice. I don't even mind the delay, the elliptical was a good deal, and I would have likely ordered it anyway. However, I should have been informed of the delay, and the company needs to advertise that the item is currently backordered for however long.

I have had this elliptical machine for about 3 years. I bought it at Dunham's and put it together myself. It has worked great up until several months ago, when the console started not shutting off. I didn't realize at first that that was the problem. I first thought the batteries were bad, so I replaced them. It worked fine again, until the batteries died. I don't know when I figured out that it wasn't shutting off. I tried removing the batteries when not using the machine, but that is a hassle. I contacted ProForm today, I can't rate their customer service yet, but judging by the other reviews I'm afraid that it won't be a good experience. I was wondering if using an AC power source would solve the problem. I actually like the machine. This is the first problem I've had with it, and don't really want to buy a new machine at this time.

I purchased the elliptical two years ago and due to my profession, I travel a lot. When I first used the elliptical, it kept calibrating after 10 minutes. I just didn't have time to resolve the issue until the last day of my warranty. I called and they ship a $260 card to reset the console. After waiting 2 months, the card finally arrive and I got an extra 5 minutes (15-20 minutes) of workout time. I called the help desk and they offered to sell me a newer model for just over $600 or a new console for $400. I asked why would I purchase anything from them ever again. Now, I have an expensive exercise equipment that I can only use for 10-15 minutes at one time.

Have a ProForm 600 LE elliptical bike. Bought it in February and the console just died. Was told by ProForm that it was no longer under warranty and that a new console would almost the same price of a new bike. ProForm should be ashamed of themselves for selling defective parts. Too many people are having the same issues. The product is actually built by ICON. Will never buy another product by them.

I ordered an elliptical trainer from ProForm at the beginning of March. I do understand that these ship freight and expected a reasonable long delivery time. However, I was informed it shipped much quicker than I had anticipated. Then it all went downhill. It shipped - four weeks later - still nothing. No delivery scheduled and no one seemed to know where it was. I called customer service who explicitly told me that it was delivered to my home address and signed for by someone I had never heard of. Come to find out - it was sitting in a moving storage facility in New Hampshire for well over two weeks.

When it finally arrived another week later, the box was beat up and basically open. The delivery guys told me they'd assemble it for $135. No thanks, I can handle it. So I go to assemble it and there are several MAJOR parts missing. Not screws or caps - 2 foot long metal pieces. So I call customer services and they say they will ship out new parts. I paid extra to have them come UPS Blue so that I could get them faster. I continued as far as I could with assembly then found more major missing pieces - handlebars. I had to call back again. This was an hour after my first call and they wanted me to pay again for expedited shipping.

Finally today, April 14, once of the replacement pieces arrives however, there are no bearings and no way to attached the piece. It is useless to me without the bearings which have to be put on with high pressure in a factory. When I called back to day the customer service representative basically told me this was my fault and that they'll ship the bearings out (God know how I am going to get them on without heavy machinery) and they will be here in 7-10. So, all said and done, if I ever get this thing put together and working, it will likely have been over a two month process since the date it was ordered.

My alternative is disassembling what I have, packing it up and hauling all 400 pounds of it down my stairs and to a UPS store to ship it back. Then wait for them to process that return (given my experience I would anticipate this taking at least 2 weeks) and ship me out a new one. Lose - lose situation for any consumer that orders ProForm equipment. Don't do it - you are better off ordering a Schwinn or LifeFitness product. Their customer service is excellent.

On 11/12/13, I purchased a 510E elliptical online from Proform.com due to needing an upgrade from an older, failing Proform rear drive model. On 2/1/14, I FINALLY have a working machine. That's right, 2 1/2 months. Keep reading for details of my online buying nightmare. On 11/23/13, I called to see the status of my order, because I had not heard anything on the shipping of my unit. I was told that the 510Es were out of stock and they would upgrade me to a 710E. I thought this was a decent move on the company's part but still wonder how long it would have been until they contacted me with this news. Oh well.

On 12/10/13, I received my 710E. It took a couple of days to put together due to my work schedule, and started using it. The wheels made a loud noise while in use and the right wheel started to fall off the ramp while working out with increasing frequency. It was unusable without tempting fate with an injury. I called to report the problem on 12/19/13, and then took a real good look at the unit and found the wheel ramp not to be straight. I found the mount on the base of the unit welded incorrectly causing the angling of the ramp and took pictures at the customer service reps request.

I e-mailed the pictures to the customer service rep. They did not find this sufficient to send me a new unit and put in an order for a contracted field service rep to look at it. They also asked for some parts that I thought might need replacing. The parts came in and after a few phone calls to the service rep, he finally showed up on 1/8/14. He found the same problem I described, took better pictures and sent them in his report to Proform. He told me to wait until Monday, 1/13/14, to call, so they would have the report he sent them in their system.

I called on Tuesday 1/14/14. I was told that they would send me another unit, but that was all that they would do. I requested that they remove the old one and assemble the new one, but that did not work for them. I feel that I fulfilled my obligation by purchasing the unit and assembling it (ONCE). I feel it is only fair that due to the problem being with their manufacturing of the unit, that THEY should take the time to disassemble the old unit, box it and assemble the new. This took me around 5 hours to do. And as you can see, I am not happy about that. The new unit arrived on 2/1/14. It is finally assembled, and I am ready to get this nightmare behind me and start working out again. Two and a half months is a long time to stop your workout routine. I then put a review in on Proform.com that was similar to this one. Of course it is nowhere to be seen. Hopefully you keep my experience in mind before making any purchase on Proform.com.

I bought a Pro Form Hybrid elliptical back in Feb. 2013, and used it until July 2013. The console died after I finished paying it off, and the warranty was expired. I only used it three months - and, in Late July (2013) the console died, I figured it needed new batteries. I put in new batteries, and it still did not work. I had my husband look at it, try to fix it - now the machine is a really expensive clothes hanger. I wrote to the BBB about it, and never heard anything. I will never buy anything from Pro Form again. I am very dissatisfied with that company.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Proform has been providing innovative training tools and fitness equipment for over 30 years. They have a variety of ellipticals, including hybrid options that allow for multiple types of workouts using one machine.

• Hybrid trainer: Proform’s Hybrid trainer is both an elliptical machine and a recumbent bike. It easily transforms between the two machines, so users can benefit from two different types of total body cardio workouts.
  • Pro 16.9: Proform’s most advanced elliptical is the Pro 16.9. This elliptical features a 10” web-enabled full-color touchscreen so you can watch TV or browse the Internet during your workout. It has power incline up to 20 degrees and a 20” adjustable stride.  It arrives fully assembled so you can start your workout as soon as your machine arrives. It is priced at $2,499.
  • iFit enabled: iFit technology is available on many of Proform’s ellipticals, including the Hybrid trainer, giving users access to Google maps, training videos and automatic tracking. Note that iFit requires separate purchase and registration.
  • 30-day money back guarantee: Consumers who are not completely satisfied with their Proform elliptical purchase can return it within 30 days of receiving their product for a full refund.
  • Free consultation: If you aren’t sure which Proform elliptical is best for your needs, fill out a short form on Proform’s website. You will be contacted by a representative who can help you choose the best elliptical for your space based on your fitness goals and budget. You can also send away for a free information kit to learn more about any of Proform’s ellipticals.
  • Best for Proform Ellipticals are best for recreational home users.

Compare Ellipticals