3.9/5 (311 ratings)

About ProForm Ellipticals

ProForm Ellipticals Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I love my machine. It’s easy to put together. The QR code for the video made it very easy. It low impact and easy to use. I love the variety of classes and the different trainers keep things fun and interesting. I can work out 20 minutes or an hour without being bored. I received this at a discount in exchange for my honest feedback.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

The ProForm Elliptical machine is excellent in terms of quality, features, dimensions and touch and feel. I love exercising in the machine everyday which is easy to use and sync stats to phone. I'm 6 foot and 2 inches whereas my wife is 5 foot and 3 inches but we both feel comfortable working out in this machine. The overall quality is excellent and forget not it's easy to assemble and set up the machine. The instructions are well written and can be followed by anyone. I received the item at a discounted rate for my unbiased opinion.

Get buying tips about Ellipticals delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I received the elliptical machine quick and everything I needed to set it up was included. It also connects via Bluetooth to the iFIT app, which is fun to use. The machine is compact and the strides are comfortable. The machine fits great in my small home. It’s quiet and you’re in control of how much of a challenge you want the elliptical to give. It has so much functionality to it. The display shows your speed, estimated calorie burn, and so much more. I am so impressed. This is based on my honest experience and opinion, which I’m sharing for a discount on the product.

Aong

Thanks for your uplifting review!

We are thrilled that you are enjoying your elliptical and rooting for you to meet your fitness goals.

Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook if you need any assistance.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I am adding to my home gym equipment but don't have a lot of space. I got a ProForm elliptical and it has a reasonable, compact footprint without me losing out on a good workout. I am attracted to Proform because it was the brand my parents always purchased when I was growing up and I remembered the quality. The quality is still there.

This is a sturdy elliptical. It is extremely quiet and smooth feeling when you exercise. If you have an uneven surface, you can adjust the feet. I thought that was well thought out.. It was put together in about an hour and half and I'm enjoying the free iFit trial. It gives me an opportunity to journey the world while working out. The trainers seem kind and are motivating. The water holder is large enough that I can hold my large YETI. I would say, as with any work out equipment, make sure you have enough cord space. My outlets are mid wall in my basement so a surge protector worked well since the cord isn't super long. This elliptical is going to give me years of use. I received this item at a discounted rate for my unbiased opinion.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

I put my trust into this company along with their online wording. Due to a disability I paid an extra $214.00 for set up believing that assembly was done by individuals familiar with the Proform elliptical. Two young kids brought my machine and stated they had never put a Proform elliptical together before. They struggled for a few hours and caused damage to my equipment and left me a huge mess to clean. I spent an hour on the phone with customer service which was unpleasant. I was told they hired 3rd party to set up. Ummmmmm $214.00 for set up by individuals who have no idea, no experience and damaged my equipment. Unacceptable. We went round & round. Finally, I was given a refund on the set up by my machine was damaged. The online setup was extremely misleading. False advertisement. I have video & pictures.

Kamera

Although the assembly service that was provided to you did not meet your expectations and some damage occurred to the aesthetics of your equipment, we are glad a refund was issued to you for that service charge.

Based on these pictures, the damages appear to be minimal. Does your equipment work appropriately as assembled? Are you needing further assistance?

We hope your experience with the machine itself is supportive to your fitness needs.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I purchased an elliptical on Black Friday. After 10 days of phone calls and false promises of my call being returned, I was told that my product will not be delivered until JANUARY 19th, TWO months after I have ordered it. I will have had to make 2 payments on a machine I don't have. After being on hold for OVER 90 MINUTES, I was basically told that they don't care and won't do anything to help get it to me faster. THE MACHINE HAS BEEN AT THE SET UP COMPANY SINCE DECEMBER 10!!!! I should have ordered the NordicTrack elliptical.

Meghan

We are sorry that you have not received your equipment yet. There have, unfortunately, been some severe shipping delays over the past several months.

We would like to help you look into this order and check the status and see if we can help in any way.

Please contact us via Facebook message on ProForm's Facebook page. We are here to help.

Thanks! - ProForm

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

We bought a Proform elliptical in October 2021. The elliptical was installed by Proform installers. The first three days it worked smoothly. After that, it started making a thudding sound every time we pressed the left stepper. There was a slight vibration as well. Another issue is the touch screen, even when it is connected to the wifi it is very clumsy and not sensitive to touch. I open a session and it stops all of a sudden and goes back to the home screen. It is such a hassle that I have stopped using it. We are really disappointed with this machine.

Another issue is Proform customer service. They do not respond quickly and think that it is normal for the machine to make a thumping noise. They said they will send a part to change without figuring out what is wrong with the machine. We have to contact a technician once the part is here and he will install the part. We will see if that eliminates the sound.

Shafu

Oh no! We are sorry that this unit is making unusual noises and that we could not answer you as quickly as you hoped.

We want to make sure your unit is in perfect working condition as quickly as possible.

For the best experience, reach out to us on ProForm's Facebook page by private message. Please let us know how we can help you further.

Thanks! - ProForm

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I purchased my elliptical for a Christmas gift. Reviews looked great on the site. Approximately 6 months after use I starting hearing a sound while using that sounded like a mechanical issue. I called the warranty department the tech had me do a video call to confirm problem. The tech confirmed there was an issue and ordered parts. This was around June. I received an email stating if I were waiting on parts, wait until parts arrive then schedule service. Parts arrived and I scheduled service.

Finally got a tech appointment in August. 1st tech assigned after several attempts to contact, texted me and said, "I no longer work for this company." Ok... Called again and was assigned another tech. Appointment scheduled.. Tech had to cancel 1st service appointment for personal reasons. Ok rescheduled and tech came out to service elliptical. Super nice tech. They found where the issue was took out a part already installed and put it back in (None of parts ordered were installed). The noise went away.

A few days later the noise returned. Ok..no problem. I called warranty department back. Customer service rep stated, "No problem I will resubmit, if you don't hear anything back in 24 to 48 hrs call back." (by the way I informed the rep none of the ordered parts were installed) Did not hear anything from Proform warranty dept. So I called back. I called and while waiting on the representative to research my service order the phone hangs up. I called back and she asks me for my model #. Wait....what???? This service order has been ongoing since June. It is now September. Asked rep to hold on while I get the info requested and yup...you guessed it phone hangs up again.

I called the company that handles the service orders and I was told proform stated on the service order customer is to install parts on their own. Now I am the subject matter expert on their equipment according to them. I have never...ever been told by any warranty department or company that I have purchased from to install or repair the purchased (warrantied) item myself. Why am I paying for a warranty???? Lessoned learned here for sure. Do more research and don"t just rely on the reviews for the product website.

Tony

We’re sorry the unit you received has been making noise and needing repairs. We would like to ensure that your equipment works correctly for your use so we can be a positive part of your workout routine.

We also apologize for the abrupt disconnects you experienced with our Member Care department and understand how that interrupted and confused communications.

Please message us via Facebook for quality care and assistance. Let’s get you the service available.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: July 20, 2021

Bought an Elliptical a couple of years ago. Warranty run off. However called and paid for a technician and parts. Over the phone, I let the customer service person know what the machine was not doing. No one ask me for a videoconference call to confirm the parts. They confirmed the parts that I will be needing by phone. Waited for more than 3 weeks. Parts arrived and called the technician. He told me those not were the needed parts that I needed the console instead of the resistance motor. NOW called back and the customer representative told me that they don’t have the console anymore. I paid for the tech and parts and the machine still not working. Thanks for nothing…

Bianca

We are very sorry for the problems you have experienced with your elliptical and that you received the wrong parts to fix your unit. We appreciate this feedback so we can improve our customer service. We want your elliptical working as soon as possible which is why we are here to help.

Please send us a direct message on Facebook so we can assist you further. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks! - ProForm

Original review: June 23, 2021

Updated on 06/25/2021: The ProForm company is not helping. I have chatted with a representative all day today. They refuse to send me to billing and returns and say the time has passed to return the item, even though I explained I have injuries each time I use it and have to heal for up to 8 weeks, and try again and again and get another injury. This was during Covid when technicians and parts were not available in a timely manner. This is not my fault. The back and forth doesn't solve my issue. They sent a technician out here to calibrate the elliptical in April/May and he replaced a part, yet it didn't fix the problem. Then when I tried again, the same injury, and had to wait another 8 weeks.

I tried it Sunday again and no go, been compressing my leg and icing it and taking pain killers. So, been on chat all day with someone and they want to send out another technician, rather than make it right for the customer, which is a bad elliptical with horrible tension, who wants to return and get a refund. It's just not a friendly experience and I don't feel as if spending all day chatting with a rep, solved any of the issue I have. Personally, I just want to get this resolved with help and consideration, not debate whether I took too long contact them on tension and equipment issues and missed my window to return. I would like to know my options.

Original Review: I purchased my Carbon EL in December and had it assembled. I was so excited but After using it 4-5 times I got a big bulge in my leg and went to hospital For ultrasound. Results said it was excessive exercise. Asked for Proform to calibrate machine and they came out in May. Couldn’t repair or lessen the tension so I called billing to have them come out and pick it up as I cannot use it. I have tried multiple emails and left voice messages and no one will answer. They won’t even make it right for the consumer and do not even make a call back to understand my situation or provide options. So disappointed and would like to understand what can be done to either make machine right or return it. For now it’s in a corner. I’m just concerned as to why they won’t answer as I have paid this off and now here without options.

Karen

We are sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital and that you haven’t received the answers you are looking for. We understand that this situation can be frustrating which is why we are here to help make it right to you.

We care about our customers and their satisfaction with our products and services. Please direct message us on Facebook so we can take a closer look into this and help you find a solution. We look forward to hearing from you.

ProForm Ellipticals author review by Joey Thurman

Proform has been providing innovative training tools and fitness equipment for over 30 years. They have a variety of ellipticals, including hybrid options that allow for multiple types of workouts using one machine.

• Hybrid trainer: Proform’s Hybrid trainer is both an elliptical machine and a recumbent bike. It easily transforms between the two machines, so users can benefit from two different types of total body cardio workouts.

• Pro 16.9: Proform’s most advanced elliptical is the Pro 16.9. This elliptical features a 10” web-enabled full-color touchscreen so you can watch TV or browse the Internet during your workout. It has power incline up to 20 degrees and a 20” adjustable stride.  It arrives fully assembled so you can start your workout as soon as your machine arrives. It is priced at $2,499.

• iFit enabled: iFit technology is available on many of Proform’s ellipticals, including the Hybrid trainer, giving users access to Google maps, training videos and automatic tracking. Note that iFit requires separate purchase and registration.

• 30-day money back guarantee: Consumers who are not completely satisfied with their Proform elliptical purchase can return it within 30 days of receiving their product for a full refund.

• Free consultation: If you aren’t sure which Proform elliptical is best for your needs, fill out a short form on Proform’s website. You will be contacted by a representative who can help you choose the best elliptical for your space based on your fitness goals and budget. You can also send away for a free information kit to learn more about any of Proform’s ellipticals.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Advisor

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

ProForm Ellipticals Company Information