2.36/5

101 ProForm Ellipticals Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Absolutely horrible service! I ordered a elliptical directly from the company. They delivered and assembled it in the room I chose. However, they did not assemble it properly and pieces were missing. I did not realize this until my sister got on it and it fell apart. ProForm did not want to send someone out to fix and they said the warranty did not cover assembly problems. It took several angry calls over the course of a month, to get someone to finally come out and fix it properly. This is when I was told that it was missing parts and assembled incorrectly. It’s now fixed but I will NEVER buy a ProForm product again.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Updated on 08/09/2019: A day or two after the technician fixed the problem with the screen not working, it stopped working again. I have not called it in or used the machine because I am tired of calling about this brand new piece of equipment that continuously is problematic. I will get to it when I have the time because it is time consuming to report equipment problems. It's been about 4 months since the second breakdown that I have not been using the equipment.

Original Review: I received my HIIT Trainer the end of March and by April 8, I had to order a new screen. Before ordering the new screen, I had multiple problems with the screen not working properly. I have to wait a month for the screen although I was initially informed it would be two weeks. The 1-800 number ALWAYS have a high call volume wait, which is a red flag. I am sorry to say that the machine is crappy and it is down more than available for proper use. This places a glitch in my exercise routine. I should have purchased from BowFlex.

Get expert buying tips about Ellipticals delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Okay so I bought the ProForm Cardio HIIT trainer from Costco. After assembling it I find out you need to activate it online and add credit card information, I just couldn’t believe that after paying for a $800 product I still had to purchase an additional membership. I was quite honest going to return it if this was the case. After spending about 40 min reading reviews and looking for answers online I found a post that said to avoid adding your credit card information simply hold Bluetooth button 20 sec! And yes it works. My elliptical is no longer being held hostage. Hopefully it works well.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Bought an Elliptical in November of 2017. One day, the screen stopped loading up. Been trying to get a hold of them for 7 days. Their live chat is just a bot that tells you to call their 800 number but you just stay on hold the entire time. DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY. My experience with them was great because I liked the product... Bought their bike as well. Problem is that if something goes wrong...you basically have a giant paperweight. I have enclosed an email which I have sent numerous times with only an automated response to call an 800 number which nobody answers.

I have tried emailing you through the contact form and spent about an hour no on hold trying to get through customer service. My Pro-Form Pro 16.9 Model number PFEL31315.1 has an issue with its screen. It will not load up. I have also bought the extended service plan and would like to have someone come out and service it as the left handle makes a lot of noise when in use. PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE CALL ME AT **. I was going to buy another machine from you as well but there is no way I can with this type of customer service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Bad quality product. The control module, main screen did not work. Just kept flashing “hello”. Very little instructions in manual or on their website for troubleshooting or help. You can’t even talk to a rep unless you register, then after that you have to wait an extremely long time to get through. Waited 50 mins on hold on the phone then finally got through. I was told that they all flash hello so that you have to call customer service so they can try to sell you a subscription to “ifit” .

When I said I didn’t want it she said she was authorized to walk me through a fix to allow me to use the machine. It never said anything about having to sign up for “ifit” when I bought it. Very misleading and very frustrating to waste hours trying to fix it. They waste almost an hour on the phone trying to resolve it. I would never purchase from this company. Lost hours of time to assemble then more time trying to fix and get it addressed. They didn’t apologize for the inconvenience either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Ellipticals?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I wish I would have read the reviews before I purchase from this company. My unit came in missing a piece. It was practically a defective unit. I emailed about the problem and someone by the name Crystal didn't respond until five (5) days later. I gave the information requested and waited for another few days. I didn't get a response until I sent a following up email asking what was the status. She then replied stating she wasn't able to pull the unit up with the info provided. I then sent her a picture of the actual box and still... waiting on a response. I end up calling the customer service and was on hold for A LONG TIME. Once connected, Paige wasn't able to answer a simple question. She stated that the part was ordered and she'll send over the order number. Still waiting for that. Fingers crossed. All this in a two (2) weeks' time. Some reviews I read are stating that they waited MONTHS... So I'm guessing I'm ** at this point.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I had purchased this machine around 2012, from a local store, brought it home and followed the instructions to put it together. I didn't experience troubles - outside of the plastic that wraps each joint - never was able to make it work without hearing 'scratching', removed to avoid the noise... This had been used mainly for a 110# woman who was easy on the machine. After assembly and the removal of the plastic joint wraps, it seemed fine, but that's where it ended! While they are cheap, this is something that you truly do "get what you pay for". Within a few months It started making knocking noises - couldn't ID exactly where it was coming from.

Then, about a year into it, the foot pad BROKE Off, and then the other shortly after! OK, so those items were fixable at a reasonable price - however, were extremely hard to do - nearly impossible. The latest, cracked vertical handle/extension bars that connect with the horizontal foot pad joint - on BOTH sides! I would love to attach pictures.

Being an engineer, I am amazed how this company can remain profitable - but then again, their inability to not take the necessary steps and stand behind their products, is one way to continue to take our (consumers) money and rely on their cheap prices (and products) to make it happen. The saddest part of all of this, due to the CHEAPNESS upfront cost, I actually fell into that, and bought a new ProForm - I wish I had options at this low price point, or that I could have afforded a better made machine. The woman using the machine has MS and needs to continue a cardio workout and this fits the bill...

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have read many reviews and I was told that the loud, obnoxious, popping sounds were really unusual as if I was the only person that had this problem. Buzzz, 1st LIE!!! Many complaints about this particular problem. Go figure!!! Customer service is not a good thing! I called many times, sent sound and video sounds bites and had a tech at my home 4 times with new parts that never changed the noise, when I call ProForm again and again with the same results. Nothing. Zero, all the time telling me they have no clue and "Can I take apart this machine so we can troubleshoot." The only trouble is that they are the trouble. Fix my machine!!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Bought the first ProForm Hybrid Trainer Feb 20, 18. All went well for the first 3 weeks, it started making an intermittent knocking sound, two weeks later it froze up while in use. It wouldn’t move a fraction either direction. What followed was 6 weeks of the most frustrating interaction with service imaginable. They sent parts, and said a tech would call, I finally called him and he said the wrong parts were sent. He ordered more parts, they took weeks to arrive. When they finally did arrive, I tried to contact the tech. When he finally called back, it was to tell me they sent the wrong part AGAIN.

I was able to stop him in the middle of another excuse and tell him that I had stopped by the store where I purchased it to vent my frustration and they offered to replace it that day! The replacement was picked up May 6th. Today is May 29 and the familiar knocking sound started again this evening while in use. I simply can’t imagine why they continue to make and sell this inferior product. When it breaks down, I won’t bother contacting the worthless customer service, I’ll return it to the store and ask for a refund. I will never purchase a ProForm or NordicTrack (same customer service) product again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Bought a ProForm hybrid trainer in Dec 2017. 2 weeks later it developed a clicking noise. I found it to be a loose bolt on the elliptical arm. 1 week later sound came back but nothing I can find is loose. Have called but cannot get past the computer to reach anyone or get help. Have been online several times leaving messages describing problems to them. Have never gotten a response to anything. At first while on the phone I was told by computer that I had not registered my product even though they were quick to take my money for a service plan and a power adapter when I registered it when I first got the machine. There is good reason for all these reviews with only 1 star. Now the console has even stopped working. Just shows 0s and would move. This thing is total junk. Bought at Costco. It's time to dump it on their doorstep and demand my money back. Only group I have heard say ProForm is a leader in the field is ProForm.

ProForm Ellipticals expert review by Joey Thurman

Proform has been providing innovative training tools and fitness equipment for over 30 years. They have a variety of ellipticals, including hybrid options that allow for multiple types of workouts using one machine.

• Hybrid trainer: Proform’s Hybrid trainer is both an elliptical machine and a recumbent bike. It easily transforms between the two machines, so users can benefit from two different types of total body cardio workouts.

• Pro 16.9: Proform’s most advanced elliptical is the Pro 16.9. This elliptical features a 10” web-enabled full-color touchscreen so you can watch TV or browse the Internet during your workout. It has power incline up to 20 degrees and a 20” adjustable stride.  It arrives fully assembled so you can start your workout as soon as your machine arrives. It is priced at $2,499.

• iFit enabled: iFit technology is available on many of Proform’s ellipticals, including the Hybrid trainer, giving users access to Google maps, training videos and automatic tracking. Note that iFit requires separate purchase and registration.

• 30-day money back guarantee: Consumers who are not completely satisfied with their Proform elliptical purchase can return it within 30 days of receiving their product for a full refund.

• Free consultation: If you aren’t sure which Proform elliptical is best for your needs, fill out a short form on Proform’s website. You will be contacted by a representative who can help you choose the best elliptical for your space based on your fitness goals and budget. You can also send away for a free information kit to learn more about any of Proform’s ellipticals.

• Best for: Proform Ellipticals are best for recreational home users.

Profile picture of Joey Thurman
Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

ProForm Ellipticals Company Information