4.30/5
  • 1 star
Based on 27 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: April 6, 2017

27 Precor Ellipticals Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: April 6, 2017

This machine, EFX 5.21i, is a professional model with a digital display comparable to any that you would find in health clubs. The operation of the unit is smooth and the workout programs are adjustable.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Setting the elliptical machine up is really easy. All I have to do is get on and start moving and it will start a workout. Even if I wanted a more specific workout it is really easy to just type in different stats and start working out how you want to. I really like its Distance Counter that tells me how many miles I went on the elliptical, the Calorie Counter that tells me how many calories average I burned, and a Timer that tells me how long I have been working out. But the wheels easily come off of this machine so it can be annoying when you want to use the machine and you have to make sure that the wheels are straight and settled before getting on.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 25, 2017

The ramp and iFit card are really easy to use and I like being able to hop on and off. The cushions on foot pads are nice. The PrecorXL has held up well over the years except for minor maintenance. But it could have more modes built in. An extra holder for a phone or remote would be nice, and friendlier interface. Also could use something to tell me when I have to do maintenance. We have to wait until it breaks before we know. We leave it out so it is easy to set up and use. The screen is a little annoying. There is a space saving feature but it is too difficult to use all the time.

Original review: March 23, 2017

I have a Precor and I like the heart rate monitor with chest strap, adjustable difficulty levels (incline/stiffness of elliptical motion), memory settings. Electronics are very easy to operate. It would be nice if it were easier to move or store (the machine is extremely heavy). Not easy to get service on this machine. Electrical cord should be longer (only about 3-4 feet long). Nevertheless, it is fairly easy to use. Just program the initial settings including your weight, and then get on and work out. Really no other setup after the initial programming unless you want to change your workout intensity.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Precor was a very sturdy machine with a heart rate monitor built in. The initial installation required movers. Since then and has been very easy to use. It has multiple programs and allow shortcuts to start exercising. It is easy to program. It has a good memory to store profiles to make it quicker. It is a little older and it would be nice to have a machine with some of the newer updates. You have to wear an extra monitor heart rate. It would be nice to have one built in.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Precor Ellipticals?

Original review: March 21, 2017

Setting up was easy. Turn it on and go. I keep it plugged in at all times, so there is just a power switch on the back I have to press. There is a quick start button that makes it easy for me to begin a simple workout. There are also different preset workouts I could choose from if I'd like. Resistance feature is very nice. I like being able to make the workout as difficult or easy as I feel that day. I also like the incline feature, which can give me a totally different workout on different days. However, the machine doesn't have moving arms. I should have gotten the model where the arm handles move back and forth. I would also put a television screen on it so I could watch any shows or news while working out.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I like how very easy it is to use and I can't possibly imagine a more uncomplicated machine. Ellipticals are great in general but I feel like I'm gliding through butter when I use this machine. It's quite large and a very tremendous machine. The space it takes up is absolutely outrageous. Also, some men just brought it in and did the set up themselves which is great because I don't think I could have possibly done it myself.

Original review: March 19, 2017

Setting it up was easy. We had to get people to help us bring it upstairs because it's so heavy, but we just had to plug it in and start using it. It's easy to adjust the resistance, weight and mode of the machine. It tracks calories based on weight, and it has different modes: light weight loss, hill climb, manual and others. So we can do a variety of cardio exercises. It's also very easy to operate. I wish though that ellipticals could be more compact because it takes up a lot of room so we can't have other machines nor can we do other exercises that take up space. It also doesn't have an incline option, which I miss. I've heard the calorie trackers are often inaccurate too.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I bought it used so it was already assembled. The battery housing for display/fan is difficult to replace and must be unscrewed from machine just to replace dead battery. Precor HealthRider has a nice built in fan, large feet pedal rests and heart rate monitor built into hand grips. It was very inexpensive and it does have little rollers for easy moving. It has a nice water bottle holder but I put a cup in it and use it to hold my iPod, which I wish it had a shelf for my iPod. Display is rudimentary, not much fun stuff. Construction is shaky and sounds like it is going to fall right apart when you really get cooking on it. I've been afraid to max it out because I think it will fall apart and injure me.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Precor EFX is the best of the Elliptical machines in the market to improve your cardiovascular system and really get the best of your workout. I use other brands but Precor is my choice. I used to be a gym owner and it is the perfect choice for a great result, and so I will not change anything in this equipment. The Precor is multi programs and is really easy to use. Modern, strong and with a real great different choices of workouts. I really enjoy to use this brand and I consider I have a huge expertise in the use of this kind of equipments.

Original review: March 16, 2017

The machine is easy to use in general. Although I do not remember all of the details of setting it up, it was a simple process due to the clear instructions provided. I like the fact that the elliptical machine tells me exactly how far that I have walked on any given exercise session. This allows me to know how fit I am and my progress across a given unit of time. One thing that could be greatly improved upon is the safety of the machine. There is no fail-safe option, so if something goes wrong, I could get seriously injured.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I have been very pleased with my Precor Elliptical since day one. The motion handlebars help to work out the entire body. The crossramp angles keep my workout challenging and the heart rate monitoring keeps me aware of my vitals. The set up was pretty easy, as the instructions were plainly written with step by step building. It has stayed as a whole piece in my spare bedroom ever since it was put together. There is nothing that I would improve about this machine..

Original review: March 14, 2017

My Precor cross trainer fits well in my exercise space in my home. Setting it up and using it is a simple process and anybody could do it. It is easy to use. I like the ability of changing intensity and altering time, tracking calories burned and distance traveled. It's reliable and I've never had an issue with its function. However, it could be cheaper! Also, I wish there was an entertainment device of some kind and a way to change the stride length.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I like the comfy handles. It makes it a lot easier to push forward and I don't get blisters from it unlike the ones they have at the gym. I also like how I can change the speed. Setting it up and turning it on it's pretty easy but turning it off is always a little bit harder. I push off and I always come back to see that it still on. Also, I dislike how big it is. It takes up a lot of space and is very heavy to move. I wish I can fold it and only take it out when I need to use it.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I ordered the Precor elliptical online a few years ago. I like the gray color, the heart rate monitor, distance, steps, etc. It's smooth and not too noisy, and the words are big on the display. It works well and does what it should, so I am satisfied with it. It was a little difficult though to get it all together the first time, but that's to be expected. It's easy now to change batteries in the display. I'm happy with it.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I like the digital readout, elevation levels and intensity, handle bars for holding and stability if user loses his/her balance. The buttons to change intensity and elevation are easily accessible. The machine is easy to use and I always know that it will be there and ready to operate. It is simple in its design and therefore is reliable. However, the unit is difficult to move, it is unwieldy, bulky and heavy. There are weights in the back that can get moved out of position. It also would be nice if the machine was a little more sturdy. The unit tends to rock a little bit when in use and the foot platforms are just flat pieces of plastic which can lead to the bottoms of my feet being sore.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

We purchased an old one and got it discounted from a friend. It's very easy to use. You just get on it and move your feet, though I wish there was a TV connected to it like the ones in the gym to make the workout go by much quicker. Also, we've had it for several years and it started to squeak and feel rusty probably from lack of use, so now we keep it in the spare room.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I've been using the Precor Elliptical for 3 years with no issues. It is a durable machine with very durable parts. I use it every day and it's very easy to use. I just turn it on exercise and turn it off. And it has great putaway space. Also, it has a built-in headphone jack with Pandora... How sweet is that... The entertainment value top notch. The value of the elliptical is simply amazing and the amount I spent on it has saved me more than I can mention if I was to go to a gym to use one. I would recommend to anyone looking to buy one. So go buy one already.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I have been using this product for well over a year now and it still works great as it did when it was brand new. This product is highly affordable to the majority of consumers and would not break anyone's wallet to buy one. The best of all is that it would be the only one you would ever buy as they are made to last and highly durable compared to other products of its kind. Also, the product can be used by practically anyone. I absolutely did not even have to look at the instructions on how to use or put this product together.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

It has been used daily for years, still going strong, and has held up perfectly. Great value for the money. This is extremely easy to use. If you can push a button, you can use this elliptical machine. It has lots of different settings to customize your elliptical experience. I watch TV when I use it so I usually do not use the entertainment features. I highly recommend this brand to anyone looking for an elliptical trainer.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

The Precor elliptical is a very durable, and resilient product. The build of the materials are very high quality in both fit and finish. It looks great and has very smooth function. It's very easy to unpack, had simple instructions and was a quick two person assembly. The manual is very easy to use and follow. It's also entertaining as it passes time watching television inside versus long distance running outside or on a treadmill as it's a more rigorous workout process. Overall, it was a quick no hassle purchase and the value of the elliptical is high. It is sturdy and will last a long time.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

The elliptical was very easy to use and figure out. It is clearly labeled and the settings are simple. I believe it does come with directions but there are also diagrams and directions online. The durability is pretty good although we did have some squeaking start as it was used more and more but nothing WD40 can't fix. Besides that, it is great and I would recommend, great features and settings to get a good workout. You can program real life areas like you are actually there running it. Very realistic, very awesome. The entertainment features are pretty good, too. There is a spot to put in an AUX cord so you can play music off your phone or iPod and it will play through the speakers on the elliptical. It would be great if there was a tv screen. However we did get the cheaper model. We got the elliptical on sale and it has worked great for us.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

The Precor Elliptical can withstand me and my clumsiness, so I'd say it's really durable and stable. It's a good choice if you're as clumsy as me. It was around 1000$ in US currency and I've had it about a year now, so it's a worthy investment. It's easy to set up and the instructions come in handy if you need help with anything! I'd suggest using them and keeping them around for maintenance purposes. Also, I can fit my iPad to watch TV as I run. My other elliptical couldn't fit much but a water bottle which was tough, so it's a good upgrade.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I bought this elliptical when it was on sale at Walmart. It operates very smoothly and is well worth the money. It was easily put together. As long as you have it on a flat surface, it's very sturdy and works great. I use it daily and no problems. It's not supposed to be easy to use since it's meant to be a challenge and it can definitely be a good challenge with the different levels of resistance and incline. There is Bluetooth on my elliptical, so I can connect my phone to it for music, apps, and fitness tracking which is a very convenient feature to have. I also enjoy the stats on screen.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

This elliptical runs smoother than those sold for $150 at Walmart. No problems with the machine itself. For someone who would use it on a daily basis, it's an ok value. It's a sturdy machine that has been reliable with no maintenance issues. The motor won't burn out as quickly as it would with a cheaper one from Walmart. It does take up way more space than it seems like it would, and it doesn't fold up easily so make sure you have plenty of room to set it up without it being in the way. It is fairly easy to use once you figure it out and has lots of customizable settings that you can save and use again. Heart rate monitor is easy to use. Also, it has the option to watch tv on it or hook up to an iPod/music player and you can also plug headphones into it. There's a little shelf thing to put a book if you're able to read while exercising and also comes with a cup holder.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My elliptical seemed to be a great value. It was used often by me as well as others in my family and I had no problems with using the product. It's easy to get on and off. It never had any problems or defects and seemed to be very durable. I had it for a long time and I usually did a 20 minute session twice a day. It helped me lose weight and tone muscles. I went from a size 16 to a size 12 and that was a great feeling! But I had to reduce the use of it because I developed a problem with pain in my right hip. I do not believe that it was related to using the products though. It was probably more to aging. I would recommend this product to others who want to tone and lose weight and feel healthier.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I have found the elliptical to be very easy to use. Once you get past tweaking it to your wants and needs, it is very basic to continue using. The model I have has a built-in MP3 player and a outlet to plug in any sort of auxiliary cord that will play through speakers. It cost a pretty penny even though it was on sale ($1499.00). But I've had it for 3 months already and I haven't had a problem with it yet so I can't complain about the price. So far it has lived up to its expense. I've found it to be extremely durable and would recommend it to any of my friends or family.

Precor Ellipticals expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Precor has been delivering quality exercise equipment for commercial use for over three decades. Their ellipticals fall into two series: the Experience™ Series and the Assurance™Series.

• Experience Series: Precor’s Experience Series ellipticals are full size machines that offer users a customizable experience. There are several options for consoles, and the ellipticals offer a converging stride path, which allows for a more natural footpath than other ellipticals. This series is ideal for larger fitness facilities.

• Assurance Series: Precor’s Assurance Series is ideal for smaller fitness facilities. These machines feature a standard console and an elliptical path that ranges between 15 and 40 degrees. The Assurance Series is a more cost-effective option for smaller and/or private fitness facilities.

• Preventative Maintenance agreement: Facilities can sign up for a preventative maintenance agreement with Precor to ensure their machines are properly maintained. Agreements can be made monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. They can be made for all types of Precor machines, not just ellipticals.

• Professional delivery and installation: Precor includes professional delivery and installation into the total price of the delivery service fee when their equipment is bought directly through their website. Buying through their website is the best way to ensure proper delivery and installation, although they also sell through authorized dealer retail stores and on Amazon.com.

• Best for: Precor ellipticals are best for small and large commercial fitness facilities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs