Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.21/5

Precor Ellipticals Reviews

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I purchased a brand new Precor EFX 885 for my use at home about 2 months back. The battery that powers the cross ramp didn't work and had to be replaced. It took the Precor technician a couple of days to do so since it was installed. I imagined my equipment is fixed and now in perfect shape, but that was just the start of a bunch of problems. The console has network connectivity issues. Makes a squeaky noise while in use. The CrossRamp stopped working again. The console goes off all of a sudden and restarts while in use. Experienced that the left side made a click noise and is harder than the right side. The technician has visited at least 10 times till date and is still unable to fix these issues. I asked for a replacement and they refused. Even a refund was refused.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Very heavy, that's good and bad. Good in that it's solid when you are using it, bad when you are putting it together or need to move it. Works very well and feels professional gym solid. But some of the other units I tried were less sturdy and I didn't feel very secure on them.

Get expert buying tips about Ellipticals delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2017

This machine, EFX 5.21i, is a professional model with a digital display comparable to any that you would find in health clubs. The operation of the unit is smooth and the workout programs are adjustable.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Setting the elliptical machine up is really easy. All I have to do is get on and start moving and it will start a workout. Even if I wanted a more specific workout it is really easy to just type in different stats and start working out how you want to. I really like its Distance Counter that tells me how many miles I went on the elliptical, the Calorie Counter that tells me how many calories average I burned, and a Timer that tells me how long I have been working out. But the wheels easily come off of this machine so it can be annoying when you want to use the machine and you have to make sure that the wheels are straight and settled before getting on.

Original review: March 25, 2017

The ramp and iFit card are really easy to use and I like being able to hop on and off. The cushions on foot pads are nice. The PrecorXL has held up well over the years except for minor maintenance. But it could have more modes built in. An extra holder for a phone or remote would be nice, and friendlier interface. Also could use something to tell me when I have to do maintenance. We have to wait until it breaks before we know. We leave it out so it is easy to set up and use. The screen is a little annoying. There is a space saving feature but it is too difficult to use all the time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Precor Ellipticals?

Original review: March 23, 2017

I have a Precor and I like the heart rate monitor with chest strap, adjustable difficulty levels (incline/stiffness of elliptical motion), memory settings. Electronics are very easy to operate. It would be nice if it were easier to move or store (the machine is extremely heavy). Not easy to get service on this machine. Electrical cord should be longer (only about 3-4 feet long). Nevertheless, it is fairly easy to use. Just program the initial settings including your weight, and then get on and work out. Really no other setup after the initial programming unless you want to change your workout intensity.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Precor was a very sturdy machine with a heart rate monitor built in. The initial installation required movers. Since then and has been very easy to use. It has multiple programs and allow shortcuts to start exercising. It is easy to program. It has a good memory to store profiles to make it quicker. It is a little older and it would be nice to have a machine with some of the newer updates. You have to wear an extra monitor heart rate. It would be nice to have one built in.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Setting up was easy. Turn it on and go. I keep it plugged in at all times, so there is just a power switch on the back I have to press. There is a quick start button that makes it easy for me to begin a simple workout. There are also different preset workouts I could choose from if I'd like. Resistance feature is very nice. I like being able to make the workout as difficult or easy as I feel that day. I also like the incline feature, which can give me a totally different workout on different days. However, the machine doesn't have moving arms. I should have gotten the model where the arm handles move back and forth. I would also put a television screen on it so I could watch any shows or news while working out.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I like how very easy it is to use and I can't possibly imagine a more uncomplicated machine. Ellipticals are great in general but I feel like I'm gliding through butter when I use this machine. It's quite large and a very tremendous machine. The space it takes up is absolutely outrageous. Also, some men just brought it in and did the set up themselves which is great because I don't think I could have possibly done it myself.

Original review: March 19, 2017

Setting it up was easy. We had to get people to help us bring it upstairs because it's so heavy, but we just had to plug it in and start using it. It's easy to adjust the resistance, weight and mode of the machine. It tracks calories based on weight, and it has different modes: light weight loss, hill climb, manual and others. So we can do a variety of cardio exercises. It's also very easy to operate. I wish though that ellipticals could be more compact because it takes up a lot of room so we can't have other machines nor can we do other exercises that take up space. It also doesn't have an incline option, which I miss. I've heard the calorie trackers are often inaccurate too.

Precor Ellipticals expert review by Joey Thurman

Precor has been delivering quality exercise equipment for commercial use for over three decades. Their ellipticals fall into two series: the Experience™ Series and the Assurance™Series.

• Experience Series: Precor’s Experience Series ellipticals are full size machines that offer users a customizable experience. There are several options for consoles, and the ellipticals offer a converging stride path, which allows for a more natural footpath than other ellipticals. This series is ideal for larger fitness facilities.

• Assurance Series: Precor’s Assurance Series is ideal for smaller fitness facilities. These machines feature a standard console and an elliptical path that ranges between 15 and 40 degrees. The Assurance Series is a more cost-effective option for smaller and/or private fitness facilities.

• Preventative Maintenance agreement: Facilities can sign up for a preventative maintenance agreement with Precor to ensure their machines are properly maintained. Agreements can be made monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. They can be made for all types of Precor machines, not just ellipticals.

• Professional delivery and installation: Precor includes professional delivery and installation into the total price of the delivery service fee when their equipment is bought directly through their website. Buying through their website is the best way to ensure proper delivery and installation, although they also sell through authorized dealer retail stores and on Amazon.com.

• Best for: Precor ellipticals are best for small and large commercial fitness facilities.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Precor Ellipticals Company Information