Precor Ellipticals

Compare Ellipticals

Research top Ellipticals recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We purchased an old one and got it discounted from a friend. It's very easy to use. You just get on it and move your feet, though I wish there was a TV connected to it like the ones in the gym to make the workout go by much quicker. Also, we've had it for several years and it started to squeak and feel rusty probably from lack of use, so now we keep it in the spare room.

I've been using the Precor Elliptical for 3 years with no issues. It is a durable machine with very durable parts. I use it every day and it's very easy to use. I just turn it on exercise and turn it off. And it has great putaway space. Also, it has a built-in headphone jack with Pandora... How sweet is that... The entertainment value top notch. The value of the elliptical is simply amazing and the amount I spent on it has saved me more than I can mention if I was to go to a gym to use one. I would recommend to anyone looking to buy one. So go buy one already.

I have been using this product for well over a year now and it still works great as it did when it was brand new. This product is highly affordable to the majority of consumers and would not break anyone's wallet to buy one. The best of all is that it would be the only one you would ever buy as they are made to last and highly durable compared to other products of its kind. Also, the product can be used by practically anyone. I absolutely did not even have to look at the instructions on how to use or put this product together.

It has been used daily for years, still going strong, and has held up perfectly. Great value for the money. This is extremely easy to use. If you can push a button, you can use this elliptical machine. It has lots of different settings to customize your elliptical experience. I watch TV when I use it so I usually do not use the entertainment features. I highly recommend this brand to anyone looking for an elliptical trainer.

The Precor elliptical is a very durable, and resilient product. The build of the materials are very high quality in both fit and finish. It looks great and has very smooth function. It's very easy to unpack, had simple instructions and was a quick two person assembly. The manual is very easy to use and follow. It's also entertaining as it passes time watching television inside versus long distance running outside or on a treadmill as it's a more rigorous workout process. Overall, it was a quick no hassle purchase and the value of the elliptical is high. It is sturdy and will last a long time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Precor Ellipticals?

The elliptical was very easy to use and figure out. It is clearly labeled and the settings are simple. I believe it does come with directions but there are also diagrams and directions online. The durability is pretty good although we did have some squeaking start as it was used more and more but nothing WD40 can't fix. Besides that, it is great and I would recommend, great features and settings to get a good workout. You can program real life areas like you are actually there running it. Very realistic, very awesome. The entertainment features are pretty good, too. There is a spot to put in an AUX cord so you can play music off your phone or iPod and it will play through the speakers on the elliptical. It would be great if there was a tv screen. However we did get the cheaper model. We got the elliptical on sale and it has worked great for us.

The Precor Elliptical can withstand me and my clumsiness, so I'd say it's really durable and stable. It's a good choice if you're as clumsy as me. It was around 1000$ in US currency and I've had it about a year now, so it's a worthy investment. It's easy to set up and the instructions come in handy if you need help with anything! I'd suggest using them and keeping them around for maintenance purposes. Also, I can fit my iPad to watch TV as I run. My other elliptical couldn't fit much but a water bottle which was tough, so it's a good upgrade.

I bought this elliptical when it was on sale at Walmart. It operates very smoothly and is well worth the money. It was easily put together. As long as you have it on a flat surface, it's very sturdy and works great. I use it daily and no problems. It's not supposed to be easy to use since it's meant to be a challenge and it can definitely be a good challenge with the different levels of resistance and incline. There is Bluetooth on my elliptical, so I can connect my phone to it for music, apps, and fitness tracking which is a very convenient feature to have. I also enjoy the stats on screen.

This elliptical runs smoother than those sold for $150 at Walmart. No problems with the machine itself. For someone who would use it on a daily basis, it's an ok value. It's a sturdy machine that has been reliable with no maintenance issues. The motor won't burn out as quickly as it would with a cheaper one from Walmart. It does take up way more space than it seems like it would, and it doesn't fold up easily so make sure you have plenty of room to set it up without it being in the way. It is fairly easy to use once you figure it out and has lots of customizable settings that you can save and use again. Heart rate monitor is easy to use. Also, it has the option to watch tv on it or hook up to an iPod/music player and you can also plug headphones into it. There's a little shelf thing to put a book if you're able to read while exercising and also comes with a cup holder.

My elliptical seemed to be a great value. It was used often by me as well as others in my family and I had no problems with using the product. It's easy to get on and off. It never had any problems or defects and seemed to be very durable. I had it for a long time and I usually did a 20 minute session twice a day. It helped me lose weight and tone muscles. I went from a size 16 to a size 12 and that was a great feeling! But I had to reduce the use of it because I developed a problem with pain in my right hip. I do not believe that it was related to using the products though. It was probably more to aging. I would recommend this product to others who want to tone and lose weight and feel healthier.

I have found the elliptical to be very easy to use. Once you get past tweaking it to your wants and needs, it is very basic to continue using. The model I have has a built-in MP3 player and a outlet to plug in any sort of auxiliary cord that will play through speakers. It cost a pretty penny even though it was on sale ($1499.00). But I've had it for 3 months already and I haven't had a problem with it yet so I can't complain about the price. So far it has lived up to its expense. I've found it to be extremely durable and would recommend it to any of my friends or family.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Precor has been delivering quality exercise equipment for commercial use for over three decades. Their ellipticals fall into two series: the Experience™ Series and the Assurance™Series.

• Experience Series: Precor’s Experience Series ellipticals are full size machines that offer users a customizable experience. There are several options for consoles, and the ellipticals offer a converging stride path, which allows for a more natural footpath than other ellipticals. This series is ideal for larger fitness facilities.
  • Assurance Series: Precor’s Assurance Series is ideal for smaller fitness facilities. These machines feature a standard console and an elliptical path that ranges between 15 and 40 degrees. The Assurance Series is a more cost-effective option for smaller and/or private fitness facilities.
  • Preventative Maintenance agreement: Facilities can sign up for a preventative maintenance agreement with Precor to ensure their machines are properly maintained. Agreements can be made monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. They can be made for all types of Precor machines, not just ellipticals.
  • Professional delivery and installation: Precor includes professional delivery and installation into the total price of the delivery service fee when their equipment is bought directly through their website. Buying through their website is the best way to ensure proper delivery and installation, although they also sell through authorized dealer retail stores and on Amazon.com.
  • Best for Precor ellipticals are best for small and large commercial fitness facilities.

Compare Ellipticals