Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.21/5

Precor Ellipticals Reviews

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I purchased a brand new Precor EFX 885 for my use at home about 2 months back. The battery that powers the cross ramp didn't work and had to be replaced. It took the Precor technician a couple of days to do so since it was installed. I imagined my equipment is fixed and now in perfect shape, but that was just the start of a bunch of problems. The console has network connectivity issues. Makes a squeaky noise while in use. The CrossRamp stopped working again. The console goes off all of a sudden and restarts while in use. Experienced that the left side made a click noise and is harder than the right side. The technician has visited at least 10 times till date and is still unable to fix these issues. I asked for a replacement and they refused. Even a refund was refused.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Very heavy, that's good and bad. Good in that it's solid when you are using it, bad when you are putting it together or need to move it. Works very well and feels professional gym solid. But some of the other units I tried were less sturdy and I didn't feel very secure on them.

Get expert buying tips about Ellipticals delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2017

This machine, EFX 5.21i, is a professional model with a digital display comparable to any that you would find in health clubs. The operation of the unit is smooth and the workout programs are adjustable.

Original review: March 25, 2017

The ramp and iFit card are really easy to use and I like being able to hop on and off. The cushions on foot pads are nice. The PrecorXL has held up well over the years except for minor maintenance. But it could have more modes built in. An extra holder for a phone or remote would be nice, and friendlier interface. Also could use something to tell me when I have to do maintenance. We have to wait until it breaks before we know. We leave it out so it is easy to set up and use. The screen is a little annoying. There is a space saving feature but it is too difficult to use all the time.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I like how very easy it is to use and I can't possibly imagine a more uncomplicated machine. Ellipticals are great in general but I feel like I'm gliding through butter when I use this machine. It's quite large and a very tremendous machine. The space it takes up is absolutely outrageous. Also, some men just brought it in and did the set up themselves which is great because I don't think I could have possibly done it myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Precor Ellipticals?

Original review: March 30, 2017

Setting the elliptical machine up is really easy. All I have to do is get on and start moving and it will start a workout. Even if I wanted a more specific workout it is really easy to just type in different stats and start working out how you want to. I really like its Distance Counter that tells me how many miles I went on the elliptical, the Calorie Counter that tells me how many calories average I burned, and a Timer that tells me how long I have been working out. But the wheels easily come off of this machine so it can be annoying when you want to use the machine and you have to make sure that the wheels are straight and settled before getting on.

Original review: March 14, 2017

My Precor cross trainer fits well in my exercise space in my home. Setting it up and using it is a simple process and anybody could do it. It is easy to use. I like the ability of changing intensity and altering time, tracking calories burned and distance traveled. It's reliable and I've never had an issue with its function. However, it could be cheaper! Also, I wish there was an entertainment device of some kind and a way to change the stride length.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Precor EFX is the best of the Elliptical machines in the market to improve your cardiovascular system and really get the best of your workout. I use other brands but Precor is my choice. I used to be a gym owner and it is the perfect choice for a great result, and so I will not change anything in this equipment. The Precor is multi programs and is really easy to use. Modern, strong and with a real great different choices of workouts. I really enjoy to use this brand and I consider I have a huge expertise in the use of this kind of equipments.

Original review: March 16, 2017

The machine is easy to use in general. Although I do not remember all of the details of setting it up, it was a simple process due to the clear instructions provided. I like the fact that the elliptical machine tells me exactly how far that I have walked on any given exercise session. This allows me to know how fit I am and my progress across a given unit of time. One thing that could be greatly improved upon is the safety of the machine. There is no fail-safe option, so if something goes wrong, I could get seriously injured.

Original review: March 19, 2017

Setting it up was easy. We had to get people to help us bring it upstairs because it's so heavy, but we just had to plug it in and start using it. It's easy to adjust the resistance, weight and mode of the machine. It tracks calories based on weight, and it has different modes: light weight loss, hill climb, manual and others. So we can do a variety of cardio exercises. It's also very easy to operate. I wish though that ellipticals could be more compact because it takes up a lot of room so we can't have other machines nor can we do other exercises that take up space. It also doesn't have an incline option, which I miss. I've heard the calorie trackers are often inaccurate too.

Precor Ellipticals expert review by Joey Thurman

Precor has been delivering quality exercise equipment for commercial use for over three decades. Their ellipticals fall into two series: the Experience™ Series and the Assurance™Series.

• Experience Series: Precor’s Experience Series ellipticals are full size machines that offer users a customizable experience. There are several options for consoles, and the ellipticals offer a converging stride path, which allows for a more natural footpath than other ellipticals. This series is ideal for larger fitness facilities.

• Assurance Series: Precor’s Assurance Series is ideal for smaller fitness facilities. These machines feature a standard console and an elliptical path that ranges between 15 and 40 degrees. The Assurance Series is a more cost-effective option for smaller and/or private fitness facilities.

• Preventative Maintenance agreement: Facilities can sign up for a preventative maintenance agreement with Precor to ensure their machines are properly maintained. Agreements can be made monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. They can be made for all types of Precor machines, not just ellipticals.

• Professional delivery and installation: Precor includes professional delivery and installation into the total price of the delivery service fee when their equipment is bought directly through their website. Buying through their website is the best way to ensure proper delivery and installation, although they also sell through authorized dealer retail stores and on Amazon.com.

• Best for: Precor ellipticals are best for small and large commercial fitness facilities.

Profile picture of Joey Thurman
Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Precor Ellipticals Company Information