Pivotal Fitness

pivotalfitness.com

Compare Health Clubs

Research top Health Clubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Extremely disappointed in the (lack of) management at Pivotal. I did a 7-day "free" trial, but chose to cancel and join another gym. For two months after, I was charged as a member, even though I had cancelled after my trial. I called over 10 times to get a refund and to have the manager call me back or answer me about these charges. Not once did I get the chance to speak to him over the phone. I was assured it was taken care of, but it took a very angry in-person visit by me to FINALLY have my membership cancelled. I am very disappointed in the lack of customer service that I received. I was technically a paying customer during that time, and to not have the manager return any of my phone calls, was rude and shocking. Is that not a manager's job? He did not seem genuinely concerned or apologetic when I finally confronted him in person, just claimed he was "too busy". I would not recommend this gym to anyone.

I received a call from the trainer manager Doug the other day after another customer must have chewed him and the gym manager out. He asked me why I posted a bad review on here for the gym. We agreed to meet - me, him and the gym manager Neil to discuss things. When I got there I asked him if he really sent that email that Heidi ** posted and he laughed and said yeah. I asked him first thing for a phone number for someone higher up and he refused. We talked a bit, I ignored Doug trying to butt in with his comments, and I told him I felt that this gym has push, high pressure sales staff. He agreed to give me a refund first thing in the morning (this is me holding my breath). I asked AGAIN for the number or contact info for the person he is accountable too and he again said no.

I've been in customer service for a dozen years and I know that people who act like they are not accountable to anyone, but really are, have ZERO job security. I asked him if he cares about his bad reviews and he just said flat out, no, he does not care. I plan on reposting this on every review site I can find and writing to the papers to try and find a contact for the owner. Bottom line is read the reviews before choosing a gym! This place doesn't put any importance on customer service but only on Your money.

1.0 star rating 3/2/2014 Previous review. I'm a newbie when it comes to gyms, so I guess they saw me as an easy mark when I walked in. They managed to talk me into a three month personal training deal for $600! That on top of the $50 a month and a $50 annual service fee. I'm trying to get out of the contract but the managers are being totally unhelpful! I've tried to find a corporate phone number but it seems they can't even be reached. Read less.

It was Jan. of 2009 when I had a free 7-day membership at Pivotal Fitness. I wasn't going to sign up, but an employee named Mark kept asking me to join. I informed him I couldn't because I work at night and attend school in the mornings. I told him though that I will only come to the gym if it was 24hrs. That was the agreement, so I signed up for the gym membership. In the middle of that year, I was told by the employees working there that the business hours will be changed and no longer operate for 24hrs. I wrote my name on the petition list that they had but it didn't work. I spoke with a guy and a young lady about my incident and told them I wanted to cancel my membership. They were still taking money out of my account even when I told them I no longer wanted the membership. Although it stopped by the end of that year.

Sometime January 25, some debt collector called me inquiring about my gym membership and the fees that Pivotal charged me. I told him that I had spoken with someone at the gym and I thought that the guy took care of it. I told him it was a breach of contract since I told Mark, the guy who signed me up, that I would only join if it was 24hrs. Now that they are no longer operating 24hrs, I wanted to cancel. They want me to pay over 900 in fees or make an agreement for over 600.

Pivotal Fitness Company Profile