1.46/5

94 Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2019

One had it for almost 4 years now, purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond in 2015. My only issue was the base charging broke. I saw replacement base chargers on sale on Amazon for a $35 each. Instead of holding company and they send me a new one free of charge. Customer service does not get better than that. The products are the best and the customer service is unparalleled. I'll be a Sonicare toothbrush customer for the rest of my life.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Purchased two Philips Sonicare HX6932/10 FlexCare RS930 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush back in 2011. Within the first year both were quickly replaced by Philips when I had problems with them. Since then they have traveled, literally thousands of miles all around Mexico, by car, bus, plane and boat and are still working awesomely. Had a couple of little problems with excess vibrations but a quick Google search led me to an easy fix, that involves nothing more than opening up the toothbrush and tightening a screw (which after years of constant movement is understandably going to work loose). We have always felt that the replacement heads are a little expensive but prices have come down and we have been able to find good deals on Amazon. In conclusion I would buy them again and would recommend others to do so.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

This is my second Sonicare toothbrush. I didn’t get the diamond. I got the one below that either not to get the best one out of anything but mine in the store. I wanna see which one around problem with the toothbrush. I don’t mind paying $30 for three heads kiss my mouth clean. Maybe you shouldn’t drop yours and tell the truth why doesn’t work.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Purchased a Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush about a year ago. Recently Costco had a small display on their replacement brushes. Before I bought them I checked out their website to see how to remove the brush from the handle. "All you do is pull out the brush." Well as much as I twisted and pulled it would not come out. I called their customer "service" and was told they cannot help me since the warranty does cover the brush and all she could recommend was to buy a NEW ONE!!!! Well since that would never happen I asked if I could send it in and if one of their people could pull it out. Guess what she said? "Sorry no can do." If you are not looking for an electric toothbrush that will fail and then get a brush off from the company, then stay away from this company.

Original review: July 9, 2019

The battery life for this toothbrush is short and cannot be repaired. I have bought 2 of these and they last about 16 months before breaking down. The customer service and support is poor and this company will not honor the warranty. It's not at all cost effective and sent me running to an Oral-B. BEWARE, STAY FAR WAY FROM THIS BRAND.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Phillips?

Original review: July 5, 2019

I have bought 5 Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean toothbrushes during last 4 years. The first three I bought for the family members and myself and they all stopped working in 1.5 years. Second time I bought more expensive thinking that company could fix the bugs in the design... but no. Maybe it is nice to have an app downloaded and know how you brush your teeth etc. However, the design or hardware work is still the same. Both brushes (my husband and mine) are stop functioning in less than 2 years. Why company make a very expensive product, advertise this product as the best, but really what it is come down is to waste of your money. Factory warranty expires and brush "expired" as well. Now I am looking for an alternative Sonicare toothbrush ... because I do not want to waste my money on this one anymore.

Original review: June 19, 2019

3rd toothbrush in 5 years stopped working again. I am now looking for another brand of toothbrush. I am on my 3rd toothbrush and my husband is on his 2nd. They replaced one. Less than a year later it quit. I called again and was told they had done all they would. I would not recommend this toothbrush and definitely not their customer service. Whitney **.

Original review: June 10, 2019

My second Sonicare toothbrush stopped working. This is the second one that I have Purchased with in the last four years. At a cost of $200 per toothbrush over a 4 year period, that comes out to $100 per year to use a Sonicare, which doesn’t even include the cost of the brushes! It appears that the toothbrush doesn’t hold a charge. I spoke to a supervisor at Sonicare about the issue, and was offered a 40% discount to purchase a new one. Even with a 40% discount, it still comes out to almost $100 for a new one, which will probably last less than two years. Well I think the Sonicare toothbrush performed well, I’m going to cut my losses and move on to a different brand made out of better quality materials, and with a company that cares about their customers.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I just went online to purchase brush heads using a 25% discount card sent with warrantied replacement toothbrush. Price was $39.95. Entered discount code. Price jumped up 25% then was discounted back down to $39.95. I called to ask for help which was offered. Then I was told they were on sale already and discounts were not available. Price was not allowed to go any lower. I checked Walmart on-line price which was also $39.95. It's bad enough the brush heads are this expensive and barely last 3 months, but to not honor a discount coupon should be illegal.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Purchased the DiamondClean expecting the quality of materials used to manufacture would be better than the much less expensive versions. Panasonic has a 2 year warranty which I’m sure like anything else, they understand the time period in which these units will malfunction not to mention, you HAVE TO KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPT in order to obtain any support up to two years. Registration of unit does not count for proof of purchase.

After a little over 2 years, my DiamondClean did not have the same vibration. I replace the brush head every 4-6 months and assumed perhaps it was time for a new head. The unit maintained the low vibration which had me curious to look online for issues regarding this brush. What I found was numerous accounts of the same issue and techies attempting to repair on their own. There happen to be a weak point in the metal that attaches the brush head shaft to the vibration mechanism which will break over time. Normally, I just throw my brush away and purchase a new Sonicare, but after paying over $250 + $30 (brush head) on a toothbrush that Panasonic refuses to support, I wonder who the real sucker is here. If you choose to purchase a Sonicare, purchase the cheapest model possible, it’s all the same. Case# **

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Company Information