Philips Sonicare Toothbrush

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Sonicare Toothbrush?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Phillips?

Original review: April 5, 2021

I bought a 2 toothbrush set for me and my partner and 13 months later both toothbrushes experienced the same issue. The small screw that secures the Shaft where the brush fits onto came loose. Causing poor performance and even pain when I used mine. I read online how to repair it and opened mine up and retightened the screw as tight as possible. 2 weeks later again the screw came loose. I spent over 250 euro on this set of 2 units and will never again buy a Philips product again. I repaired mine a second time and used some super glue in the screw threads this time. We see how long it lasts.. I will buy a Braun or Oral B next.. DO not make the same mistake as I did.. Btw. the company asked us for numerous photos, how did we clean the shaft, and other ** but so far no replacement or solution.. Just reproachful question after question.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I bought this toothbrush, thinking it would actually do something. I've tried everything and all it does it buzz for a second and then it stops. The toothbrush head surface area is also incredibly small, so it doesn't even function as a manual toothbrush. Completely worthless trash, you'd get better results from a $1 manual brush!

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I had my first Philips Sonicare purchased for me and was impressed. I later purchased the latest model and after 12 months the toothbrush started to lose power and randomly turn itself on and buzz loudly. Could stop the noise until battery had run down and now doesn’t even turn on. Very disappointed for the expensive price.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I was so happy that I got one of these toothbrushes. Unfortunately, I’m Not happy with what I did. I used the same Oral B electronic Recharging brush for at least 13 years!! I still have it and it’s still working. I’m going to have use it again. Well about a year and months ago Costco had a sale on Philips Sonic Toothbrushes. I got two. About early this summer I noticed my brush although charged was low on power. I changed the brush head assuming that maybe it was faulty. Nope, the brush itself was the issue. The more I used it the worst it became. Today I manually brushed my teeth with my electric toothbrush! A complete waste. I’m so upset and dissatisfied with this brand that even a new one isn’t worth my attention. In the morning I will be using my now almost 19 years old Oral B to get the job done. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME. TOTAL JUNK!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

My husband and I bought our first set of Sonicare toothbrushes in 2016. Just after the 2 yr warranty period, mine stops working altogether. 2018 we buy the new Diamond Clean set. Not even one year later that one stops working too!! Got the run around when I put a claim in for a replacement. We bought ours at Costco and provided the receipt as requested. The CS rep for Sonicare said that they do not honor the warranty if not bought directly from Sonicare!! What??? Strangely enough, I received a replacement brush in the mail anyhow. It wasn’t packaged "properly“ but looked new nonetheless. Well guess what? Again not even a year later it’s doing the same thing!! It has stopped working. I’m so over these toothbrushes. I love them when they work but they cost way too much to have this many problems and such horrible customer service!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

If I could give Sonicare ZERO stars, I would. I got a Sonicare toothbrush for Christmas, and it came with a coupon for a replacement brush head for $0.01 – with the catch that you had to sign up for the subscription. Ok, I thought, I'll just cancel the subscription after I receive the brush head. I read the cancelation policies and determined this wouldn't be a problem. If I subscribed to the actual toothbrush, I would need to return it, but it didn't say anything about returning the brush heads, so I was good to go.

After receiving the brush head replacement (in an unsealed envelope in the mail, no less), I went online to cancel. It said in order for the cancelation to go through I would need to return the brush head. This was clearly a mistake so I called their customer service, which was a disaster. I was "transferred" to different departments, only to end up talking to the same person. No one could actually do anything to help me, but instead offered to transfer me some more to the other people who might be able to help me. Finally, after an hour of this, someone said they canceled it for good and I wouldn't be charged.

3 months later, I was charged the brush head subscription price. Now I'm livid, and try contacting the online chat so I can have a record of the conversation. They can't help me there either and instead need to escalate the situation to a different department, which had no email or contact information, but "rest assured" would contact ME. Basically, the card they're using on my account is about to expire, and maybe then I'll find peace from this gods awful company. I never thought I'd be scammed from someone that sells tooth brushes. Save yourself the headache, and never deal online with Philips, or give them payment information for ANY reason. It's not worth it.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Several FlexCare toothbrushes were purchased as gifts. After less than 6 months, one of them stopped working and will not shut off. Philips does NOT stand behind the product. Do not purchase. Find a company that warrants its products.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I recently reported my new Sonicare toothbrush that I received as a gift not working. I placed the toothbrush head onto the hand set and it would not stay on and it makes a loud sound. Did you know that they do ship replacements to Hawaii? I offered to pay for shipping and handling. I mentioned this to my friends here in my office and to my family about their policy not helping me because I lived in Hawaii. It is so ironic because others who have had problems say that the Phillips company has mailed out to them products. What? He said they do not mail out to Hawaii! And another thing. Each time I called I have to wait a long time before anyone helps me. For example today, 7/10, I have been waiting 25 min. Then a recording just came on that they are closed. Be careful when purchasing this product.

Original review: June 27, 2020

So I decided to pay the remaining balance of my toothbrush off but 2 day later I was billed the monthly subscription fee. I emailed and called and they said I didn’t pay it off but my bank shows different. They are still trying to charge me the subscription fee next month even after showing proof that my balance was paid through my bank. They are thieves.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I truly wanted to buy a Sonicare $200 electric toothbrush. First, the product descriptions do a very poor job of giving the differences between the 3 brushes, and no phone numbers to call, to talk to a person. I went ahead and tried to order the best brush. Sadly, the system would not take my credit card, which works perfectly. So, I called the 800 number, and it stated that all customer service reps were working from home! Really? Most of the world is back to work! Then it transferred me to someone's home, where I couldn't understand what they were saying. So, I called back again, and after 10 minutes, it cut me off! Sad, I hear they make a good product... I'd buy it, if that were possible.

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Company Information