Philips Sonicare Toothbrush

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.47/5

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I’m really surprised with negative reviews! My toothbrush worked just amazing for more than a year, and once I started getting a problem with the on/off button - the customer service was extremely helpful. I received a new brush with complimentary brush heads. The operator did verify the serial number, so if you have an authentic product - Philips will have you covered.

Original review: May 22, 2019

One had it for almost 4 years now, purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond in 2015. My only issue was the base charging broke. I saw replacement base chargers on sale on Amazon for a $35 each. Instead of holding company and they send me a new one free of charge. Customer service does not get better than that. The products are the best and the customer service is unparalleled. I'll be a Sonicare toothbrush customer for the rest of my life.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Purchased two Philips Sonicare HX6932/10 FlexCare RS930 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush back in 2011. Within the first year both were quickly replaced by Philips when I had problems with them. Since then they have traveled, literally thousands of miles all around Mexico, by car, bus, plane and boat and are still working awesomely. Had a couple of little problems with excess vibrations but a quick Google search led me to an easy fix, that involves nothing more than opening up the toothbrush and tightening a screw (which after years of constant movement is understandably going to work loose). We have always felt that the replacement heads are a little expensive but prices have come down and we have been able to find good deals on Amazon. In conclusion I would buy them again and would recommend others to do so.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I purchased the Philips Sonicare from Costco. Had an issue where it would not charge. Philips replaced it with a new device. However in less than 6 months the replaces device was defective where the vibrating part becomes loose and the brush doesn’t vibrate properly. When I called Philips the customer service rep said that since they had already replaced it once the warranty was no longer in effect. The supervisor who came on after I requested to speak to one said the system would not allow him to replace the defective device and if I wanted a new one I could buy it at 25% off their inflated retail price on their website. I finally hung up in frustration and called Costco. I must say Costco has the best customer service. They said, "No problem, just take it to one of their stores and get it replaced at no charge." Thank you Costco. I might just exchange it for an Oral B. I heard they are better.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

My DiamondClean toothbrush randomly stopped working in less than a year, under warranty. Luckily, I registered the thing on the Philips website with a picture of the original receipt. Therefore, I figured it would be easy to get a replacement. Boy was I wrong—I had countless phone calls and chats with overseas customer service representatives who simply could "not understand the issue". I told them there was nothing wrong with the outlet or the charger, but that the brush had simply stopped working and won't turn on. Still, they insisted on sending me a new charger to "try first". Like no, I spent $200 on this thing and I want to brush my teeth with vibration.

I remember one phone call, she simply told me she would call me back at a later time because she couldn't understand that I wanted a replacement. It was so strange. It truly was. I wasn't being rude at all, I was simply asking them to honour warranty. Anyway, the new brush finally came...and promptly stopped working as well. I am devastated. I think these brushes are just very fragile. Mine was charging and kind of fell off the charger. I wonder if it jostled the battery too much? I think it is cheaply made. I had such a dreadful customer service experience that I'm just going to call it a day and buy a new electric toothbrush from a different brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Phillips?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I returned the toothbrush as soon as it arrived because I decided to buy it cash from Best Buy so I ended my subscription and returned the toothbrush expecting a refund. Fast forward a month later 20 calls to customer service, numerous online chat with Philips, no refund, no resolution – only PROMISES that they escalated the case to the subscription department and someone will reach out or just refund me the 2 charges I already got for a product I NEVER used. I have all the proof that UPS returned my toothbrush but guess what ....You can reach the subscription "team" only by phone. No e-mail to send them proofs. Bunch of clueless barely speaking English workers on the other end. Super frustratingggg.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

During the 3 year extended warranty period my toothbrush was replaced 4 times. Each time it was the same problem... The metal face plate was lifting off. Philips claimed they never had this problem. Now my wife's toothbrush will frequently not turn on and when it does the motor makes a strange noise. We are mature adults and clean the toothbrushes after each use. Considering the cost of these units the quality/reliability is not what it should be. I also have an Oral B toothbrush that has worked fine for 10 years.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

My mother purchased me a Sonicare DiamondClean toothbrush before Christmas last year. My toothbrush, not even a year later, just stopped working. When I called in to customer service the woman said they had had a lot of toothbrushes be sold with old bases so that’s probably what happened and my toothbrush was out of warranty. She could give me a 20% coupon and that’s it. I checked my warranty on the box and it said two years. My mother, who bought it, went back to Bed Bath and Beyond but because her credit card had been replaced due to unknown charges on her card months prior, Bed Bath and Beyond couldn’t provide proof of purchase. Sonicare says that the toothbrush handle was manufactured in 2015 according to the serial number, but it was not actually purchased until 2018. They are saying that it is not their problem and then I need to buy a new toothbrush if I want one.

This is the worst customer service! They just want to upsell me and are saying it’s my fault for not looking at serial number and known when handle was made. How would I ever know that?! I’m looking into a better company for a toothbrush where at least they will honor their warranty. It’s not the way to treat someone who has has helped keep them in business for a decade.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Toothbrush works fine. Having serious problems with brushes. I feel the bristles are a safety hazard as they detached while brushing, causing me to choke. Called Philips, they did send replacements but unfortunately the problem continued. Notified them twice in January with their promise to investigate. I have not had a response to date. No, I would not recommend this product.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Purchased a Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush about a year ago. Recently Costco had a small display on their replacement brushes. Before I bought them I checked out their website to see how to remove the brush from the handle. "All you do is pull out the brush." Well as much as I twisted and pulled it would not come out. I called their customer "service" and was told they cannot help me since the warranty does cover the brush and all she could recommend was to buy a NEW ONE!!!! Well since that would never happen I asked if I could send it in and if one of their people could pull it out. Guess what she said? "Sorry no can do." If you are not looking for an electric toothbrush that will fail and then get a brush off from the company, then stay away from this company.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Company Information