3.7/5 (82 ratings)

About Philips Respironics

Philips Respironics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

Original review: March 5, 2022

I ordered Philip's Lifeline in January. They told me they didn't have any of any kind in stock and no ETA of when they'd be getting any. I haven't heard anything from them since. Very poor customer service not to have touched base with me to let me know the status. I only hope they aren't billing my insurance company for this since I never received anything from them.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Since June 2021 was a recall for sleep apnea machine and until now February 2, 2022 nothing happened. We can't get information from the web site and I called the number ** three times, whoever response the phone has no information and I got the same answer "I will put a rush at your request". It's getting frustrating and can't get good sleep since June 2021. Philips should stand for their product and either reimburse us to get new machine or repair our machine. I am not happy with this kind of customer service from company like this.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I bought the Philips Respironics DreamStation J28641066AAD9 11 months ago, it worked for a short period and after a while it kept heating the water. I went to the store to see if I can get my money back and they did not allow me and proceeded to give me a number to contact the Philips company. When I emailed them they told me they were going to send me a replacement and I still haven't recieved anything. Nine months later after I contacted the company I still haven't received a new one or my money back.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I received the "replacement" Dreamstation 2 and it is horrible. I liked how easy it was to use and refill the humidifier on my original Dreamstation. I have a disability with my hands and this machine is not made for anyone that doesn't have nimble fingers. It runs out of water after 8 hours on a 3 setting. So, I lose my independence and find someone who will come in EVERY DAY to fill this humidifier, because it can't be run without it. The screen isn't in the front, but the hose connection is. The hose connector doesn't move so if you turn over, the machine goes with you.

I feel like this "replacement" has left me with two options: going back to the original Dreamstation and possibly getting cancer or going without the machine and dying in my sleep. I am certainly not getting restful sleep with the burnt smell coming from the dry humidifier!!!! There is a reason so many of us chose the original Dreamstation. How hard is it to continue with that design? Whoever designed this "replacement" did not consider the people who would be forced to use it.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

My Dream Station Bi-Pap machine was recalled. I registered online & have been waiting months for a Replacement. It is now 3 months. When you call the 877-907-7508, all you can get is an operator. If you request a Supervisor you may be put on hold and then told that none are available. I was told on November 1st that because I have AFib, they would Escalate...It is now December 13, 2021 and still no Supervisor or anyone has gotten back with me. Today I was told no Supervisors are available but they would Escalate, again, now for the 3rd time. I think all that is going on here is lip service. Very disappointing as I used to Respect Philips.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I reviewed the DreamStation2 that they sent to replace the DreamStation from the recall. I posted: "No Philips, I don't like it! Screen too small; can't disconnect humidifier if not used, poor design, feels like junk, can't access settings." They blocked it saying: "Thanks so much for taking the time to review your DreamStation 2 HH1551/01 Auto CPAP Advanced. Unfortunately your review hasn't been published because it doesn't meet our Philips content guidelines. 1. contains legally sensitive content. Would you like to have another go? You can resubmit your review on DreamStation 2 HH1551/01 Auto CPAP Advanced."

Original review: July 15, 2021

Purchased March 2019. Broke down within the first two weeks. They sent me a new one. The second one broke down that December. Got it back. Broke down again April of 2020. Got it back and just broke down for a third time July 2021. I only use it for trips longer than two hours which are few. I use it maybe four times a month. This is my last fix under warranty. So I can probably be assured it will break down every year. Very disappointed as my Bipap machine by Respironics is great.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I’ve had my Philips DreamStation for 11 months and have tried three times to get help from my local home oxygen office to fix the high pitch whistle it makes when I inhaled and even when I hold my breath. The service department says they can’t hear it. My husband and I have to wear ear plugs at night because of the noise. I’m Going back to my quiet ResMed machine.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

CANNOT RECOMMEND. I was excited when the new Philips travel machine hit Australia for two reasons. Firstly my Resmed S9 was on its last legs and I was told I could use it as my regular machine, and secondly I was planning an overseas trip. The other huge plus was that you can use any mask and there was going to be a proper humidifier water tank. What more do you want!

The first night's use saw me struggling with a weird smell - really cannot describe it, a bit like cheap foam. I told myself the machine was new and it would go away. It got worse. Machine replaced. The second had a vestige of a smell but I was determined to make it work as the alternative would be to go back to a bulky brick (as I like my own mask and that's not possible with the Resmed travel mini as we know). I persevered but with this machine I found myself waking up at night feeling as if my head was hanging outside an aircraft window. Although correctly calibrated, the pressure was obviously not regulating properly. Machine returned, and Resmed Airsense purchased. Philips seemed uninterested in my experience with their machine, and although I was promised a follow-up on both machines, it never eventuated. That was several years ago.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I bought twice a CPAP machine from Phillips. Both machines broke down right after the warranty was expired. That made me suspicious. To get the machine repaired I used FedEx. Price with box and packing $28. The cheapest repair cost is $89 plus parts. I am at least two weeks without a CPAP. I use the machine in combination with oxygen. My diaphragm is paralyzed and without CPAP I get sleep paralyze.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Been 1 month with my Philips DreamStation Go with Nasal cushion. I chose no humidifier. Started great. Powerful good machine. Basically silent, except for the sound of my breathing. Now, sadly, I spend about one hour each night trying to make the thumping sound go away. And it started whistling too. I feel let down. Hopefully I can exchange it. Makes me wonder if I was sold a reconditioned machine dubbed as "new." But overall I do like the performance a lot.

Original review: May 11, 2020

In all my other machines, I had to have a sleep test to set the pressure. That was fine as long as I did not have allergy problems or a cold. This machine senses when the pressure needs to be more or less and changes it to match my needs. Phillips also provides an App to keep track of my sleep patterns. I also can take the microdisk to my doctor so he can print out my reports. Unfortunately, while reading the reviews, I realize people did not mention which machine they used so it is hard to really judge the whole company. Also, much of how well the machine works for you depends on the kind of mask you use. That really makes a big difference.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I've had this unit almost 5 years. After having a terrible start the doctor finally got it to where I could use it with lots of discomfort. Two years tried to have them change the setting to make it so it didn't torture me quite so badly, even tried to get a dental appliance so I no longer had to put up with it. It still does many strange things and likes to wake me up at 2 am or 3 am. Total garbage in my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I have used a Dreamstation for two years. I was unhappy from the beginning but was told by my doctor that I could not get another brand. I woke up like B. from Newport News, VA with not being able to exhale on January 15. I called the company who supplies my equipment and mailed it to them overnight for repair. I called a week later after not receiving a replacement to be told that the replacement would be at my home in a couple of days. I received it on January 28. I have not heard from them whether I'll receive a new one or my old one could be repaired. In the meantime, the replacement is doing the same thing and I woke up at 2:45 am not able to exhale. I am thoroughly disgusted with this company and their product.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Been sitting on hold for 45 minutes... such **. Never an emaily customer service, don't answer calls, zero resp to email. They dont ever provide any support, monitoring of problems with settings. It is frustrating.. Glad my insurance paid so much for this machine just to get no customer support.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Upgraded to the Dreamstation Auto and noticed right away that the mask system I have been using for 5 years is now much, much louder. Tried calling Philips and they were NO help at all. The Philips machine that I have been using for the past five years had no issues with the mask. On phone with supplier to return and change manufacturers. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I ordered a Respironics EverFlo Q Oxygen Concentrator to replace one that died on me after 6 or more years of use. I shopped for it online but not on Philips' site inasmuch as they want you to go to a third party to purchase and support you. When my new (exactly identical) machine came and pulling it out of the box noticed it seems loose inside the outer case. This was unlike my old identical concentrator it was replacing. I spent a long time trying to reach some support to ask about it but with no luck whatsoever from the manufacturer. They tell you to go get help elsewhere. What crappy support on an expensive product that needs to be reliable to the user. If you can't support your product, don't make one.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I started using my Philips Dreamstation in May 2019. Things went great until the end of Oct 2019. I had noticed that the machine was making a rather loud hissing noise one night. A few nights later I awoke about three in the morning gasping. The sound of the machine was very loud and as I tried to exhale there was pressure coming through the hose that would not let me. I called the Medical company that I had gotten the machine from and took it back to them as it was still under warranty. They told me the motor was going bad and gave me another machine (I think it is refurbished). When I used this machine the first night I noticed a hissing noise. I used it for about a week and again the noise got louder and again I woke up gasping with the same issue as before. I am going to call again first thing Monday morning. I would not recommend this machine to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I was issued a Philips Respironics Dream Station CPAP machine in January 2019. It's now November 2019 and in the ten months I've owned and used this machine - I have to say it is total garbage. I have had problems with water on the face, the tube whistling and thumping, and the data not being able to be communicated to my doctor. After about the first six weeks of putting up with this, a new machine (same type) was issued. Same problems. The doctors and staff have tried a lot of different things to resolve these issues. I've been issued one of those "socks", we've worked together to adjust the settings (numerous times) for the water on the face, a new data card was used, settings to upload the data to my doctor's office was changed. Nothing! Nothing worked and my quality of sleep in these ten months is very poor - and all due to this CPAP machine.

Philips is real good at marketing their CPAP machines, but as to their product and support - it is not good at all. The staff at my health care provider can only try to support these machines by the documentation they've been given - by Philips. They are frustrated that they are unable to help me with the numerous problems the Philips machine is causing. I'm looking to go back to a previous brand CPAP machine, which was only replaced due to its age. Think I'm the only one with issues and problems with a Philips brand CPAP machine? Do some Internet searches and you'll see MANY others are complaining of the same types of problems as I'm experiencing. My suggestion to anyone reading this is if you even have a choice in your CPAP machine - don't go with a Philips brand one.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I have been using a CPAP for over 12 years. My first machine was a Respironics that was made before Philips bought them out. My doctor kept suggesting I start using an APAP instead of my CPAP. What a mistake! The dream station starts out so low that I cannot get to sleep. As soon as I doze off, I start snoring and wake up. We adjusted the initial pressure and that helped some, but not completely. I find myself waking up snoring during the middle of the night. The machine is supposed to prevent snoring and it does not. Cannot recommend Philips or DreamStation APAP.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I am a CHF, high blood pressure, and diabetic patient that is relatively new to PAP treatment. I have been treated for about 4 months. I was on a Respironics BiPAP for the first 3 months. I am now on a BiPAP s/t. I have had great #'s on my blood work since beginning PAP treatment. I have lowered my A1C, my cholesterol and have even began to lose weight. I believe I am retaining less fluids under PAP treatment, I have not changed much on diet or exercise. My AHI #'s are slowly coming down from a 69 to around 10. I would expect it to lower even more. Thank you for assisting me in my quest to add years to my life.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

After 2 weeks it had a factory error and had to be replaced. Next, horrible, loud sound coming from water area. It was missing a seal. Then it turned on and unable to turn off then the exact opposite, error code. Next, error for heated tubing, had to replace the tubing. It isn't recording any of my data that should be on DreamMapper app. The machine also lost all of my settings, I had to go to DME and have them put them back in. All of these issues occurred within 45 days of getting my machine. Unfortunately I am stuck with this machine for 5 years!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

The head gear Velcro will not hold so the face mask constantly loses its seal. The first 3 months is fine. After that it's horrible. Why can't they fix this problem. Medicare only covers that expense every six months. I have bought new Velcro trying to get it to work and it's a pain.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I purchased my first SimplyGo Mini for Respironics after deciding that renting a personal oxygen machine was not going to work for me as we were moving in 2016. I started having major problems with it and had to return it to an authorized service provider of the dealer who sold it to (US Oxygen Supplies). It took 4 months for them to return as Philips was backlogged! The machine needed every part repaired. I had bought another machine (yes for over $2400) so that I could still go outside and do my physical therapy required by my lung transplant doctor. I also had to rent a concentrator from a rental service to ensure I had oxygen.

After the repair, all seemed fine until the first one started sending me warning signs that I needed to send it back for service which I did (thank goodness for my second machine). It was returned after it recalibrated as the machine was not giving me enough oxygen.

Now, the second machine needs to be sent back as I'm getting a warning signal. The battery doesn't hold its power and quickly is depleted. I even switch to my additional batter (yes, I have an extra one along with the two machines). Both machines are switched out once the battery level is low. This new machine was purchased in 4.2018 and both under warranty. These are oxygen machines! To make matters worse, I have to pay for shipping and the return. I would not recommend this product to anyone!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I've had a Philips Respironics Cpap machine for 4 years. Initially it was easy to just call a UK number and place an order for replacement nasal masks, frames etc but it's becoming more and more difficult to do. Finding the online shop is challenging enough. You can find plenty of information but not actually how to buy. When you do eventually find the correct site, it often doesn't complete your order. The once useful telephone ordering system is almost non existent now. You can call and speak to an overseas contact centre who can arrange call backs.... No use if you're a busy working business. I called at 11:30am and was told I could have a call back between 2pm and 6pm. Hang on.... I just want to buy a replacement part!

I can only recommend Philips Respironics if you're a) housebound b) do nothing all day. UPDATE. I did have the call...FROM HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT! Back to the drawing board. The standard of service has dropped so badly. I suggest before buying any Cpap machine, you actually look how easy it is to buy replacement parts. All Cpap machines do the same thing in essence.

Original review: May 27, 2019

If you have an issue with your CPAP machine do not bother calling or emailing the company for assistance as you can literally sit on hold for 2 hours and still not get a reply. Their suggestion to email them is also a waste of time as they say they will respond within 24 hours however I have waited about week so far with no response. I am not impressed with this company and when needing to replace my machine one day I will find an organization that actually cares about their clients.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have had my Philips Respironics DreamStation for a couple of years now. I have had the whistling issue that others have complained about and it seems to be the seal between the water tank and the air outlet. When this happens I open the chamber and re-close the chamber. This seems to reseat the seal and the whistling stops. The other more disturbing problem is that I have had my CPAP machine turn off by itself a handful of times. The first couple times I thought maybe my hand hit it or something but last night my wife woke me up because she heard me and I had my mask on but the machine was off. I will contact my CPAP supply company to address the random shut off issue since it seems to be increasing.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have used a CPAP for about 14 years. I had my first, a ResMed, for about 10 years. When I got my second one, I switched to a Philips System One. My medical insurance allows for a new one every five years. Also, coincidentally, Philips has a 5 year guarantee on their models. My first Philips started to make loud noises soon after I got it. I actually put up with it for a long while before going back to the sleep clinic for them to look at it. They gave me a replacement until the original one could be fixed.

Soon enough the second one was making a high pitched noise that made it impossible to sleep. I started wearing earplugs to bed. The original never came back so I went back to the sleep clinic and they confirmed the high pitch noise. Once again, they gave me a replacement. This third one, once again, makes a horrible noise. Sounds like I'm sleeping next to a bull elephant with a sinus condition. Back to the earplugs! I have almost two years left before my insurance will pay for a new one. IT WON'T BE A PHILIPS!!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have had my Dream Station for about 6 months and it has started whistling as I breathe in and out. It is so loud I can't sleep. I've tried adjusting the seals and nothing works. It was very quiet the first few months.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have had two of these so far. Both have been great for a few months then start making a high pitch noise that comes from inside the main unit not any exterior seals. The sound raises and lowers with your breathing. If it was not for this recurring problem with noise I would love the unit. Would not recommend these as they work now.

Philips Respironics Company Information