Find the right portable oxygen concentrator for you.

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.97/5

Philips Respironics Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have had two of these so far. Both have been great for a few months then start making a high pitch noise that comes from inside the main unit not any exterior seals. The sound raises and lowers with your breathing. If it was not for this recurring problem with noise I would love the unit. Would not recommend these as they work now.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I've been using the DreamStation for about a year now and there are two issues I need to mention. 1) The Water Reservoir is too small and goes dry every night. This is an inherent design problem that should have never been released from the Philips engineering group! 2) When the unit was new I couldn't believe how quiet it was, but that was short-lived. After 60-90 days it gradually got louder to the point now where it is so noisy it keeps me awake at night. I am playing around with some of the seals/gaskets at this point to try to get it quieter. I wish Philips would come up with some type of gasket kit that users can install to keep the machine as quiet as I know it can be.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have had Dreamstation about 1-1:2 years, then one day it would not turn on. The screen read incorrect power supply. I called my current supplier. They gave me another power supply to use. It worked 2 weeks. I called again, then told me I needed to buy a new power supply. So, I paid the 75 dollars to get another one. It worked for 3 weeks. I sent emails to manufacturer because you would think they would stand behind their product but no she called me and gave me number to Advance Technologies not knowing if they are out of business or not, as American Sleep Medicine is currently closed. I had a Resmed for 5-6 years, never a issue but Doctor advised it was time for new machine. Why have a product with no repair options when you know issuance only pays for these machines every 5 years? Oh I know your profit... not the health of consumer. So exhausted and so disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I successfully used a Resmed for 6 years. When it was time for a new machine, my insurance purchased a Philips Dreamstation. I liked the innovative tubing at the top of the head and the nasal mask. It is comfortable. The problems outweigh those benefits. I use an entire tank of water each night. If I sleep more than 7 hours it goes dry and causes a horrible odor. I also think it is making me sick. I clean the chamber regularly, change the filters more frequently than recommended, and only use distilled water, yet every morning I have excessive sinus drainage and cough lots of phlegm. I had none of these problems in the 6 years I used the Resmed. It became so intolerable I got my old machine out and my sinus and coughing problems disappeared.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I received a concentrator from the VA last year. After about three months use it was no longer delivering oxygen. I took it to the VA who then sent it to Philips for repair. After three months it was returned to the VA in Salt Lake and it still did not work properly. It was then returned to Philips again. It is still not back after 8 months without it. The VA has contacted them but gets no answers. I would stay away from this product as they don't seem to have any customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have been using the Philips Respironics Dreamstation APAP or also called Auto CPAP. What a great machine for new CPAP users. This review is only for the APAP machine as the masks come from so many more producers that it is not fair to include it in the machine review, unless you write 2 reviews in one and name both the mask and the CPAP machine.

For the first 2 weeks I used the A-Flex pressure reduction system on it and it made it so easy to breathe, almost as easy as breathing without anything at all. After the first 10 days I dropped the A-Flex from a 3 setting to the 2 setting and then after 2 days I dropped it to the #1 setting. Then after 2 weeks I turned it off altogether, it made it so easy to get used to the machine. As for the noise of the machine, the Wife and I don't hear a thing. I did hear a very faint whir sound once that bothered me a bit as I am used to sleeping in a very quiet bedroom. I put the machine on a thin towel to disconnect it from the bedside table which can act like a speaker and amplify the sound, now you can't hear a thing, it is absolutely silent.

The wife says all she hears is my breathing which is very faint, and after all the years of my snoring she didn't even notice it until I asked if she heard anything at all. The humidifier works for the whole night, which is really good as Alberta has very dry air. My AHIs have dropped from mid 20s to 3 or lower, and the auto CPAP only averages 11.0 cm of H2O, some nights it is even below 10 cm of H2O. Absolutely quiet and works so great, and comes with a heated hose so no condensation in the hose. As for cleaning, ALL machines need cleaning and parts are recommended to be changed, it doesn't matter which machine you get. I clean my mask daily with a baby wipe or CPAP wipe, they both work the same.

I clean the hose, tubing, mask, filter, and humidifier tank (I empty the tank daily and let it air dry until that night) weekly, and it only takes 15 minutes, so it is fairly quick and easy to do. Overall I am very glad that I got the Dreamstation, they wanted to give me a ResMed but I said no, as after trying it in the office for a couple of minutes I felt like my head was going to exploded. I could probably use the ResMed now, but I am sticking with what I know works, and works well and is so quiet, even the "Sleep Technician" says after watching me use the Dreamstation, he thinks it would be a better machine as the ResMed machine is so aggressive in use that it causes a lot of problems too. And after seeing me become compliant from day 1 (4.5 hrs of use), to day 2 and on, using it the whole night long, he thinks the Dreamstation is a great machine too.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Ordered the SimplyGo mini with John who said I wouldn’t be charged until the following day and I could cancel if need be. Called back 2 hours and asked him to cancel it as I found a better deal. Lo and behold my card was charged and the machine was delivered. Called spoke with Chenelle who said there were no notes to cancel and she would take care of it. She was going to send a return label for FedEx as soon as it was shipped back to warehouse I would get my money returned. 3 days later still not return label in the mail and Jennifer from the company called to explain the set up of the machine!!!

I finally got a manager Lori who said they did not know why it wasn’t cancelled, why the shipping label wasn’t mailed and she would send FedEx to pick it up. Well Lori called and said someone in customer care cancelled the FedEx pickup and she doesn’t know why or who but will schedule pick up for tomorrow. This has been 1 week I have been trying to get this machine picked up and my money returned. I have never experienced this ever!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Bought the Phillips Dream Station Auto after much research, used it one night and it was so loud that it kept me awake and woke my wife up. I am sending it back and replacing it with the ResMed AirSense 10. My old one is still much quieter than the Dream Station, perhaps I got a bad one.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It is easy to fill the humidifier, it is super quiet, it is simple to put the mask on and as soon as you breathe the machine starts. It is very comfortable and does not bother my sleep. If I forget to travel with it I am miserable the whole time. It is amazing the difference it makes on how you feel.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I like how easy it is to clean. I also like that it is comfortable and less bulk than other brands. I used to go out of my way not to use my machine because I felt that I couldn't sleep with it in, but I find with my Philips I'm able to actually sleep in the comfortable positions I like. I also like that it's relatively quiet. As with any CPAP machine, they could always be ideally smaller and quieter. Compared to others, my Philips isn't bad but ideally I would like to barely feel it hardly at all when I'm trying to sleep, but that may be unavoidable.

Philips Respironics Company Information