Find the right portable oxygen concentrator for you.

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.87/5

Philips Respironics Reviews

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I started using my Philips Dreamstation in May 2019. Things went great until the end of Oct 2019. I had noticed that the machine was making a rather loud hissing noise one night. A few nights later I awoke about three in the morning gasping. The sound of the machine was very loud and as I tried to exhale there was pressure coming through the hose that would not let me. I called the Medical company that I had gotten the machine from and took it back to them as it was still under warranty. They told me the motor was going bad and gave me another machine (I think it is refurbished). When I used this machine the first night I noticed a hissing noise. I used it for about a week and again the noise got louder and again I woke up gasping with the same issue as before. I am going to call again first thing Monday morning. I would not recommend this machine to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I was issued a Philips Respironics Dream Station CPAP machine in January 2019. It's now November 2019 and in the ten months I've owned and used this machine - I have to say it is total garbage. I have had problems with water on the face, the tube whistling and thumping, and the data not being able to be communicated to my doctor. After about the first six weeks of putting up with this, a new machine (same type) was issued. Same problems. The doctors and staff have tried a lot of different things to resolve these issues. I've been issued one of those "socks", we've worked together to adjust the settings (numerous times) for the water on the face, a new data card was used, settings to upload the data to my doctor's office was changed. Nothing! Nothing worked and my quality of sleep in these ten months is very poor - and all due to this CPAP machine.

Philips is real good at marketing their CPAP machines, but as to their product and support - it is not good at all. The staff at my health care provider can only try to support these machines by the documentation they've been given - by Philips. They are frustrated that they are unable to help me with the numerous problems the Philips machine is causing. I'm looking to go back to a previous brand CPAP machine, which was only replaced due to its age. Think I'm the only one with issues and problems with a Philips brand CPAP machine? Do some Internet searches and you'll see MANY others are complaining of the same types of problems as I'm experiencing. My suggestion to anyone reading this is if you even have a choice in your CPAP machine - don't go with a Philips brand one.

Get expert buying tips about Portable Oxygen Concentrators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I have been using a CPAP for over 12 years. My first machine was a Respironics that was made before Philips bought them out. My doctor kept suggesting I start using an APAP instead of my CPAP. What a mistake! The dream station starts out so low that I cannot get to sleep. As soon as I doze off, I start snoring and wake up. We adjusted the initial pressure and that helped some, but not completely. I find myself waking up snoring during the middle of the night. The machine is supposed to prevent snoring and it does not. Cannot recommend Philips or DreamStation APAP.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I am a CHF, high blood pressure, and diabetic patient that is relatively new to PAP treatment. I have been treated for about 4 months. I was on a Respironics BiPAP for the first 3 months. I am now on a BiPAP s/t. I have had great #'s on my blood work since beginning PAP treatment. I have lowered my A1C, my cholesterol and have even began to lose weight. I believe I am retaining less fluids under PAP treatment, I have not changed much on diet or exercise. My AHI #'s are slowly coming down from a 69 to around 10. I would expect it to lower even more. Thank you for assisting me in my quest to add years to my life.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

After 2 weeks it had a factory error and had to be replaced. Next, horrible, loud sound coming from water area. It was missing a seal. Then it turned on and unable to turn off then the exact opposite, error code. Next, error for heated tubing, had to replace the tubing. It isn't recording any of my data that should be on DreamMapper app. The machine also lost all of my settings, I had to go to DME and have them put them back in. All of these issues occurred within 45 days of getting my machine. Unfortunately I am stuck with this machine for 5 years!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

The head gear Velcro will not hold so the face mask constantly loses its seal. The first 3 months is fine. After that it's horrible. Why can't they fix this problem. Medicare only covers that expense every six months. I have bought new Velcro trying to get it to work and it's a pain.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I purchased my first SimplyGo Mini for Respironics after deciding that renting a personal oxygen machine was not going to work for me as we were moving in 2016. I started having major problems with it and had to return it to an authorized service provider of the dealer who sold it to (US Oxygen Supplies). It took 4 months for them to return as Philips was backlogged! The machine needed every part repaired. I had bought another machine (yes for over $2400) so that I could still go outside and do my physical therapy required by my lung transplant doctor. I also had to rent a concentrator from a rental service to ensure I had oxygen.

After the repair, all seemed fine until the first one started sending me warning signs that I needed to send it back for service which I did (thank goodness for my second machine). It was returned after it recalibrated as the machine was not giving me enough oxygen.

Now, the second machine needs to be sent back as I'm getting a warning signal. The battery doesn't hold its power and quickly is depleted. I even switch to my additional batter (yes, I have an extra one along with the two machines). Both machines are switched out once the battery level is low. This new machine was purchased in 4.2018 and both under warranty. These are oxygen machines! To make matters worse, I have to pay for shipping and the return. I would not recommend this product to anyone!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I've had a Philips Respironics Cpap machine for 4 years. Initially it was easy to just call a UK number and place an order for replacement nasal masks, frames etc but it's becoming more and more difficult to do. Finding the online shop is challenging enough. You can find plenty of information but not actually how to buy. When you do eventually find the correct site, it often doesn't complete your order. The once useful telephone ordering system is almost non existent now. You can call and speak to an overseas contact centre who can arrange call backs.... No use if you're a busy working business. I called at 11:30am and was told I could have a call back between 2pm and 6pm. Hang on.... I just want to buy a replacement part!

I can only recommend Philips Respironics if you're a) housebound b) do nothing all day. UPDATE. I did have the call...FROM HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT! Back to the drawing board. The standard of service has dropped so badly. I suggest before buying any Cpap machine, you actually look how easy it is to buy replacement parts. All Cpap machines do the same thing in essence.

Original review: May 27, 2019

If you have an issue with your CPAP machine do not bother calling or emailing the company for assistance as you can literally sit on hold for 2 hours and still not get a reply. Their suggestion to email them is also a waste of time as they say they will respond within 24 hours however I have waited about week so far with no response. I am not impressed with this company and when needing to replace my machine one day I will find an organization that actually cares about their clients.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have had my Philips Respironics DreamStation for a couple of years now. I have had the whistling issue that others have complained about and it seems to be the seal between the water tank and the air outlet. When this happens I open the chamber and re-close the chamber. This seems to reseat the seal and the whistling stops. The other more disturbing problem is that I have had my CPAP machine turn off by itself a handful of times. The first couple times I thought maybe my hand hit it or something but last night my wife woke me up because she heard me and I had my mask on but the machine was off. I will contact my CPAP supply company to address the random shut off issue since it seems to be increasing.

Philips Respironics expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1976, Philips Respironics designs and manufactures sleep apnea therapy devices, including CPAP machines, to help patients regain and maintain a restful night’s sleep. Its CPAP products include an open-face mask, an easy-to-navigate machine, a mobile app and online software that keeps track of your sleep therapy goals.

• DreamWear: DreamWear is Philips Respironics’ sleep apnea mask. It features an open-face design, in-frame airflow and air tube connection at the top of the head for maximum sleep comfort. It is made with soft, flexible silicone material so you can choose your most comfortable sleep position. DreamWear comes in three frame sizes and four sizes of nasal cushions to offer a custom fit.

• DreamStation: Philips Respironics’ DreamStation is an innovative, responsive CPAP machine designed to be easy to use, navigate and remotely connect with your physician. It has Bluetooth, Cellular and Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to integrate with Philip’s mobile app and customize your therapy. DreamStation is 63 percent quieter than other leading CPAP machines and comes in multiple versions to meet your therapy needs.

• DreamMapper: DreamMapper is Philips Respironics’ mobile app and web-based software that integrates with your DreamStation machine. DreamMapper gives you feedback on your daily therapy progress, lets you set trackable custom goals and offers coaching and advice.

• DreamStation Go: Soon to be released, DreamStation Go is Philips Respironics’ portable CPAP machine. Designed for frequent travelers and vacationers, DreamStation Go is half the size of Philips’ regular machines and features micro-flexible tubing to minimize bulk and improve sleep mobility. It comes with rechargeable batteries, a touchscreen and a USB port for mobile device recharging.

• Fitting guide: Philips Respironics helps you find the right fit for your CPAP mask by offering an online fitting guide and video. The written guide includes pictures and instructions on how to position and tighten or loosen the mask.

• Best for: consumers with sleep apnea who are looking for a quiet, comfortable sleep therapy system.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs