3.7/5 (152 ratings)

About Philips Respironics

Philips Respironics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

I registered my Dream Station recall in October 2021. I received several emails pointing me to their portal for updates. Checked in for the next 12 months and no change in anything. Latest email in October stated they plan to have all recalled units completed by the end is 2022. I checked the portal again in December and no change in status. I decided to call on December 2 to get a date on my replacement. They could not offer a date. I asked if I could get a refund and they said they would place the request and call me back in 3 days or less. 3 weeks later no call back. I called back to follow up on my refund request on December 22 only to find out there are no refunds and no date on my replacement. This is a serious recall that could cause major health issues. Please do your due diligence before doing any business with this criminal company. It’s clear profits are more important than customer safety.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

Called in because online portal says to call and provide healthcare provider information so they can get a new device ready for me. Well call in and was told they could not help me because they were not to mine yet even though online portal says to call in, but someone would call the next business day that does not happen. I had been on hold for over a half hour to get a person as well. So I called in and was on hold for 15 minutes and gave up but machine says someone would call with 48 hours that does not happen. Called on the third day and waited on hold for half hour to get a person and was told they could not help me. I do not understand why they can’t take the information they supposedly need or just let me submit it online this is absolutely ridiculous this company should be shut down how poorly they operate.

Get buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

This is my third Philips product, and it is the replacement for my recalled Dreamstation. It doesn't pump out the same air pressure as the previous CPAP despite having the same settings. The humidifier seems to crap out every now and again. My snoring is now so bad we're sleeping in separate rooms again. Sore throats in the mornings are now common. The poor sleep is affecting my job. This thing sucks.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

My 3rd CPAP from Phillips, the dream station was a step up from the previous model in size, noise and especially the mask. The original mask for the older model connected below the chin and the mask was very large and uncomfortable, the Dream Station re-designed the air flow mask design to mount the tubing above your head. I immediately slept better.

Now because of some reason that Phillips wants to limit their liability, the mask design changed back to below the chin. The reason given was the magnetic connectors were causing problems with other metal devices implanted in some patients. (That's what my provider relayed to me). I'm guessing it was not widespread but Phillips decided to penalize everybody and alter the mask and connection points where it is difficult to keep the headgear connection proper, tube length extended and tubing/mask connection reverts to below the chin. Daily I rinse or use a Lumin UV light source device or bacteria soap to clean and sterilize the components and I still have issues. The mask/tubing cleaning went from 3 to 4 components. Overall very dissatisfied with new tubing/mask system.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

It has been over 2 years that I have been waiting on a new CPAP machine that had been recalled in 2020. They claimed that they were backed up and that there was a shortage. I then saw that the government made Respironics respond to consumers with some sort of settlement. I picked the option to send my recalled machine back to the company for a refund of $50. It has been almost a month and I have received one dime and when I call them they claim they cannot give me a time as to when I will receive a payment.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

After 16 months (registration) and a push from my pulmonologist I received my replacement CPAP machine from Philips. They should fire the moron that designed it. Looks nice BUT

1) No more swivel connection on the top which limits the positioning on the night table.
    2) PAIN TO REFILL - old machine you had easy access to the reservoir and easy to refill (and see the max water line). THIS MACHINE NEEDS TO BE DISASSEMBLED AND CAN'T SEE THE WATER MARK UNTIL PULLED OUT.

3) SMALLER RESERVOIR SO MORE FREQUENT AND HARDER TO REFILL.

Does anyone bother getting REAL consumer feedback or is it just find a way to make them cheaper? FIRE THE DESIGNER!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I waited a year to receive a new device because the other one was recalled and was sent a used scratched machine without instructions to use or to mail the old machine back but was threatened with monetary charges on the home website if I didn't mail it back. When I called the support line I was directed continuously to an instruction page that says page not found and stayed on hold 30 minutes listening to an annoying message about getting help on the website page that I couldn't find that played continuously.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

If you care about your health, absolutely stay away from anything Philips medical provides. I have had a recalled CPAP unit that was registered day one of the recall in 2021 and I also filed a claim to have my Cpap replacement expedited the first day it was offered due to increasing lung and breathing difficulty. As of 10/07/2022, the official recall site states no action has been taken as we have not heard back from your DME provider. I have been in contact with my DME provider weekly and Philips has yet to reach out to them. Philips is the worst, most vile example of a large healthcare manufacturing company putting profit over lives. If you have one of these devices, I strongly suggest you join one of the many class action lawsuits, as they have shown they have little to no regard for those who depend on their products.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Wasn't thrilled when I received the original word that Philips was recalling the Dreamstation 1 due to the harmful effects of the foam. However, I thought Philips was going to make things right and replace these units. Well, after waiting 8 months for my replacement to come I received a "reconditioned" Dreamstation. I certainly wasn't thrilled about this. Upon inspecting it I noticed the device was in filthy condition. There were hairs in the device, a dirty filter still in it, and what looks to be dried mucus and crumbs in the filter area and the memory chip area. But rest assured, in the package Philips sent a letter saying the device was cleaned and sanitized. I can assure you this was absolutely not the case. Just more dishonesty from Philips.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Registered for the Philips CPAP recall and after 16 months of waiting they replaced my machine with a used piece of equipment. How would you like to breathe through a machine someone else breathed through? Never purchase products from a company who replace their products which have been recalled due to health risks with used secondhand equipment.

Philips Respironics author review by Diana McCarthy

Founded in 1976, Philips Respironics designs and manufactures sleep apnea therapy devices, including CPAP machines, to help patients regain and maintain a restful night’s sleep. Its CPAP products include an open-face mask, an easy-to-navigate machine, a mobile app and online software that keeps track of your sleep therapy goals.

• DreamWear: DreamWear is Philips Respironics’ sleep apnea mask. It features an open-face design, in-frame airflow and air tube connection at the top of the head for maximum sleep comfort. It is made with soft, flexible silicone material so you can choose your most comfortable sleep position. DreamWear comes in three frame sizes and four sizes of nasal cushions to offer a custom fit.

• DreamStation: Philips Respironics’ DreamStation is an innovative, responsive CPAP machine designed to be easy to use, navigate and remotely connect with your physician. It has Bluetooth, Cellular and Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to integrate with Philip’s mobile app and customize your therapy. DreamStation is 63 percent quieter than other leading CPAP machines and comes in multiple versions to meet your therapy needs.

• DreamMapper: DreamMapper is Philips Respironics’ mobile app and web-based software that integrates with your DreamStation machine. DreamMapper gives you feedback on your daily therapy progress, lets you set trackable custom goals and offers coaching and advice.

• DreamStation Go: Soon to be released, DreamStation Go is Philips Respironics’ portable CPAP machine. Designed for frequent travelers and vacationers, DreamStation Go is half the size of Philips’ regular machines and features micro-flexible tubing to minimize bulk and improve sleep mobility. It comes with rechargeable batteries, a touchscreen and a USB port for mobile device recharging.

• Fitting guide: Philips Respironics helps you find the right fit for your CPAP mask by offering an online fitting guide and video. The written guide includes pictures and instructions on how to position and tighten or loosen the mask.

by Diana McCarthy Contributing Writer

Diana McCarthy has covered a variety of consumer-focused topics but specializes in writing about real estate, local neighborhoods, property management and home improvement. Diana contributed to ConsumerAffairs for several years and has a bachelor’s degree in communication and media studies from the University of Central Florida.

Philips Respironics Company Information