2.9/5 (59 ratings)

About Philips Respironics

Philips Respironics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

Original review: July 15, 2021

Purchased March 2019. Broke down within the first two weeks. They sent me a new one. The second one broke down that December. Got it back. Broke down again April of 2020. Got it back and just broke down for a third time July 2021. I only use it for trips longer than two hours which are few. I use it maybe four times a month. This is my last fix under warranty. So I can probably be assured it will break down every year. Very disappointed as my Bipap machine by Respironics is great.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I’ve had my Philips DreamStation for 11 months and have tried three times to get help from my local home oxygen office to fix the high pitch whistle it makes when I inhaled and even when I hold my breath. The service department says they can’t hear it. My husband and I have to wear ear plugs at night because of the noise. I’m Going back to my quiet ResMed machine.

Get buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

CANNOT RECOMMEND. I was excited when the new Philips travel machine hit Australia for two reasons. Firstly my Resmed S9 was on its last legs and I was told I could use it as my regular machine, and secondly I was planning an overseas trip. The other huge plus was that you can use any mask and there was going to be a proper humidifier water tank. What more do you want!

The first night's use saw me struggling with a weird smell - really cannot describe it, a bit like cheap foam. I told myself the machine was new and it would go away. It got worse. Machine replaced. The second had a vestige of a smell but I was determined to make it work as the alternative would be to go back to a bulky brick (as I like my own mask and that's not possible with the Resmed travel mini as we know). I persevered but with this machine I found myself waking up at night feeling as if my head was hanging outside an aircraft window. Although correctly calibrated, the pressure was obviously not regulating properly. Machine returned, and Resmed Airsense purchased. Philips seemed uninterested in my experience with their machine, and although I was promised a follow-up on both machines, it never eventuated. That was several years ago.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I bought twice a CPAP machine from Phillips. Both machines broke down right after the warranty was expired. That made me suspicious. To get the machine repaired I used FedEx. Price with box and packing $28. The cheapest repair cost is $89 plus parts. I am at least two weeks without a CPAP. I use the machine in combination with oxygen. My diaphragm is paralyzed and without CPAP I get sleep paralyze.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Been 1 month with my Philips DreamStation Go with Nasal cushion. I chose no humidifier. Started great. Powerful good machine. Basically silent, except for the sound of my breathing. Now, sadly, I spend about one hour each night trying to make the thumping sound go away. And it started whistling too. I feel let down. Hopefully I can exchange it. Makes me wonder if I was sold a reconditioned machine dubbed as "new." But overall I do like the performance a lot.

Original review: May 11, 2020

In all my other machines, I had to have a sleep test to set the pressure. That was fine as long as I did not have allergy problems or a cold. This machine senses when the pressure needs to be more or less and changes it to match my needs. Phillips also provides an App to keep track of my sleep patterns. I also can take the microdisk to my doctor so he can print out my reports. Unfortunately, while reading the reviews, I realize people did not mention which machine they used so it is hard to really judge the whole company. Also, much of how well the machine works for you depends on the kind of mask you use. That really makes a big difference.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I've had this unit almost 5 years. After having a terrible start the doctor finally got it to where I could use it with lots of discomfort. Two years tried to have them change the setting to make it so it didn't torture me quite so badly, even tried to get a dental appliance so I no longer had to put up with it. It still does many strange things and likes to wake me up at 2 am or 3 am. Total garbage in my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I have used a Dreamstation for two years. I was unhappy from the beginning but was told by my doctor that I could not get another brand. I woke up like B. from Newport News, VA with not being able to exhale on January 15. I called the company who supplies my equipment and mailed it to them overnight for repair. I called a week later after not receiving a replacement to be told that the replacement would be at my home in a couple of days. I received it on January 28. I have not heard from them whether I'll receive a new one or my old one could be repaired. In the meantime, the replacement is doing the same thing and I woke up at 2:45 am not able to exhale. I am thoroughly disgusted with this company and their product.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Been sitting on hold for 45 minutes... such **. Never an emaily customer service, don't answer calls, zero resp to email. They dont ever provide any support, monitoring of problems with settings. It is frustrating.. Glad my insurance paid so much for this machine just to get no customer support.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Upgraded to the Dreamstation Auto and noticed right away that the mask system I have been using for 5 years is now much, much louder. Tried calling Philips and they were NO help at all. The Philips machine that I have been using for the past five years had no issues with the mask. On phone with supplier to return and change manufacturers. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL!!!

Philips Respironics author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1976, Philips Respironics designs and manufactures sleep apnea therapy devices, including CPAP machines, to help patients regain and maintain a restful night’s sleep. Its CPAP products include an open-face mask, an easy-to-navigate machine, a mobile app and online software that keeps track of your sleep therapy goals.

• DreamWear: DreamWear is Philips Respironics’ sleep apnea mask. It features an open-face design, in-frame airflow and air tube connection at the top of the head for maximum sleep comfort. It is made with soft, flexible silicone material so you can choose your most comfortable sleep position. DreamWear comes in three frame sizes and four sizes of nasal cushions to offer a custom fit.

• DreamStation: Philips Respironics’ DreamStation is an innovative, responsive CPAP machine designed to be easy to use, navigate and remotely connect with your physician. It has Bluetooth, Cellular and Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to integrate with Philip’s mobile app and customize your therapy. DreamStation is 63 percent quieter than other leading CPAP machines and comes in multiple versions to meet your therapy needs.

• DreamMapper: DreamMapper is Philips Respironics’ mobile app and web-based software that integrates with your DreamStation machine. DreamMapper gives you feedback on your daily therapy progress, lets you set trackable custom goals and offers coaching and advice.

• DreamStation Go: Soon to be released, DreamStation Go is Philips Respironics’ portable CPAP machine. Designed for frequent travelers and vacationers, DreamStation Go is half the size of Philips’ regular machines and features micro-flexible tubing to minimize bulk and improve sleep mobility. It comes with rechargeable batteries, a touchscreen and a USB port for mobile device recharging.

• Fitting guide: Philips Respironics helps you find the right fit for your CPAP mask by offering an online fitting guide and video. The written guide includes pictures and instructions on how to position and tighten or loosen the mask.

Philips Respironics Company Information