3.95/5
Based on 22 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

22 Philips Respironics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I received a concentrator from the VA last year. After about three months use it was no longer delivering oxygen. I took it to the VA who then sent it to Philips for repair. After three months it was returned to the VA in Salt Lake and it still did not work properly. It was then returned to Philips again. It is still not back after 8 months without it. The VA has contacted them but gets no answers. I would stay away from this product as they don't seem to have any customer service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have been using the Philips Respironics Dreamstation APAP or also called Auto CPAP. What a great machine for new CPAP users. This review is only for the APAP machine as the masks come from so many more producers that it is not fair to include it in the machine review, unless you write 2 reviews in one and name both the mask and the CPAP machine.

For the first 2 weeks I used the A-Flex pressure reduction system on it and it made it so easy to breathe, almost as easy as breathing without anything at all. After the first 10 days I dropped the A-Flex from a 3 setting to the 2 setting and then after 2 days I dropped it to the #1 setting. Then after 2 weeks I turned it off altogether, it made it so easy to get used to the machine. As for the noise of the machine, the Wife and I don't hear a thing. I did hear a very faint whir sound once that bothered me a bit as I am used to sleeping in a very quiet bedroom. I put the machine on a thin towel to disconnect it from the bedside table which can act like a speaker and amplify the sound, now you can't hear a thing, it is absolutely silent.

The wife says all she hears is my breathing which is very faint, and after all the years of my snoring she didn't even notice it until I asked if she heard anything at all. The humidifier works for the whole night, which is really good as Alberta has very dry air. My AHIs have dropped from mid 20s to 3 or lower, and the auto CPAP only averages 11.0 cm of H2O, some nights it is even below 10 cm of H2O. Absolutely quiet and works so great, and comes with a heated hose so no condensation in the hose. As for cleaning, ALL machines need cleaning and parts are recommended to be changed, it doesn't matter which machine you get. I clean my mask daily with a baby wipe or CPAP wipe, they both work the same.

I clean the hose, tubing, mask, filter, and humidifier tank (I empty the tank daily and let it air dry until that night) weekly, and it only takes 15 minutes, so it is fairly quick and easy to do. Overall I am very glad that I got the Dreamstation, they wanted to give me a ResMed but I said no, as after trying it in the office for a couple of minutes I felt like my head was going to exploded. I could probably use the ResMed now, but I am sticking with what I know works, and works well and is so quiet, even the "Sleep Technician" says after watching me use the Dreamstation, he thinks it would be a better machine as the ResMed machine is so aggressive in use that it causes a lot of problems too. And after seeing me become compliant from day 1 (4.5 hrs of use), to day 2 and on, using it the whole night long, he thinks the Dreamstation is a great machine too.

Get expert buying tips about Portable Oxygen Concentrators delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Ordered the SimplyGo mini with John who said I wouldn’t be charged until the following day and I could cancel if need be. Called back 2 hours and asked him to cancel it as I found a better deal. Lo and behold my card was charged and the machine was delivered. Called spoke with Chenelle who said there were no notes to cancel and she would take care of it. She was going to send a return label for FedEx as soon as it was shipped back to warehouse I would get my money returned. 3 days later still not return label in the mail and Jennifer from the company called to explain the set up of the machine!!!

I finally got a manager Lori who said they did not know why it wasn’t cancelled, why the shipping label wasn’t mailed and she would send FedEx to pick it up. Well Lori called and said someone in customer care cancelled the FedEx pickup and she doesn’t know why or who but will schedule pick up for tomorrow. This has been 1 week I have been trying to get this machine picked up and my money returned. I have never experienced this ever!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Bought the Phillips Dream Station Auto after much research, used it one night and it was so loud that it kept me awake and woke my wife up. I am sending it back and replacing it with the ResMed AirSense 10. My old one is still much quieter than the Dream Station, perhaps I got a bad one.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I like that it comes on automatically if I start breathing in the mask and it goes off automatically if I take the mask off. I also like that it has a tube that can be heated and that I can choose how much humidity I want. I feel it helps me get quality sleep and without it, I keep waking up. It is simple to use. However, I don't like the mask that I am using, it is uncomfortable. I will be trying on different masks soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It is easy to fill the humidifier, it is super quiet, it is simple to put the mask on and as soon as you breathe the machine starts. It is very comfortable and does not bother my sleep. If I forget to travel with it I am miserable the whole time. It is amazing the difference it makes on how you feel.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I like how easy it is to clean. I also like that it is comfortable and less bulk than other brands. I used to go out of my way not to use my machine because I felt that I couldn't sleep with it in, but I find with my Philips I'm able to actually sleep in the comfortable positions I like. I also like that it's relatively quiet. As with any CPAP machine, they could always be ideally smaller and quieter. Compared to others, my Philips isn't bad but ideally I would like to barely feel it hardly at all when I'm trying to sleep, but that may be unavoidable.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I can either turn Philips Respironics on full blast right from the bat or I can push a button to start the air out slow and slowly built up to the right amount of air. Philips Respironics is simple to use but I have two toddlers so I am getting up often during the night, taking it off and putting it back on that it starts to get frustrating and I question whether or not I want to wear it at all. Also, you need to clean it often and the parts wear out and you need to replace them every so often.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

It's a great machine that works well. As someone with respiratory problems and breathing problems, I can use this machine at night and know that I will get a proper sleep and not drive anyone nuts. However, I don't like that the whole thing is on my face as I don't like things touching my face, but I do like the effectiveness of it. If there was a way it wasn't constrictive I'd like it a lot better. I feel it helps me get quality sleep and my girlfriend is very grateful that she can also sleep. I would recommend it for anyone that has breathing problems and can't sleep.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

No sound is a great advantage. I really love how Philips Respironics is comfortable and long cord helps you move better at night. It absolutely help and improved the quality of my sleep. I can't sleep without it. It is very easy to use. However, it's little bit bulky in appearance and look big on my face. Sometimes I feel my face itching because of mask. It can be improved by small cannula on nose. But it's a very comfortable machine that is easy to use. I recommended to my family members who snores at night.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like all the features of the CPAP Machine from Philips Respironics. The controls are very simple and are illuminated so you can see at night. It makes very little noise and has a water reservoir belt in that is easy to use. The facepiece is very durable and the supply hose is the right length. It is also very comfortable to wear with no air leaks.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I like how quiet the CPAP Machine from Philips Respironics is. It also make breathing easier and give better quality sleep when I put my mask on. It automatically turns on and also has a water storage to add water to the air so my throat don't get dry. However, the water storage not big enough. I run out of water in it in the middle of the night and the water tank should be easier to get cleaned. Also the air filters fall out too easy. It needs something to hold it in like maybe a little plastic clip to hold it in place. Nevertheless, I love my machine. The mask fits well and I can still hold my kids at night and all sleep good.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

The CPAP machine from Philips Respironics keeps me breathing right. It has a tight fit and doesn't slip or move around on my sleep over night and I wake up feeling good and refreshed. I was worried about whether it would stop me from sleeping but it doesn't, and the machine is not really loud. It's comfortable to wear and I hardly know I'm wearing it. I get the best night I have in years. I thought I would have to get to wearing it; but it was right away.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

The Philips Respironics CPAP Machine is very good, reliable and comfortable to use. It's also unique, very effective and portable. It has exhalation pressure relief, heated tubing and masking relief. I started using my CPAP equipment and I noticed two improvements and I stopped suffering from painful leg cramps. Everything is perfect.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

It is easy to turn on and off. It is fairly quiet. It has variable pressure and allows me to ease into breathing. I like being able to adjust the moisture settings. I wish it were easier to clean though. It can develop a smell fairly quickly. I wish the nose insert were more comfortable. The nose insert can start to chafe after having it in for a while. Besides that, it is very easy to use and is generally comfortable although some nights I just do not really want to wear it. It does help me most nights, but sometimes it takes a few nights in a row for the effect to accumulate.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Philips Respironics makes the CPAP machine that I use most often. I enjoy it for the peace of mind and quality of sleep that it gives me. It is very comfortable and easy to wear.I will continue to use it in the future.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Sleep worse with Philips Respironics as my pillow forces the hose up, causing the mask to slide down, making more noise and waking me and wife up. Been on vacation without it and have slept well every night.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I replaced an old machine and find the mask and the air tube at the top makes sleeping on my stomach more comfortable. And no lines on my face in the morning!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I was not sure about using a CPAP machine. Several of my friends have Philips Respironics, they complain about how annoying it is to use them. When mine was delivered to my home a representative from the medical supply company set it up and explained everything to me. The machine is very quiet. I have no complaints.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Being able to adjust the amount of moisture delivered to the mask makes Philips Respironics the best CPAP around. I can increase it in the winter when the air is too dry. It also helps to release sinus headaches, with an adjustment from 1 to 5.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Have had Philips Respironics for five years. Struggled with it for a short period, but now I am unable to sleep properly without using it. Blood pressure went down and wake up refreshed.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Nice machine, very quiet and portable, but short lived. I'm on my third Philips Respironics in less than 2 years. Screen will read "Service Required" and they just stop working.

Philips Respironics expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1976, Philips Respironics designs and manufactures sleep apnea therapy devices, including CPAP machines, to help patients regain and maintain a restful night’s sleep. Its CPAP products include an open-face mask, an easy-to-navigate machine, a mobile app and online software that keeps track of your sleep therapy goals.

• DreamWear: DreamWear is Philips Respironics’ sleep apnea mask. It features an open-face design, in-frame airflow and air tube connection at the top of the head for maximum sleep comfort. It is made with soft, flexible silicone material so you can choose your most comfortable sleep position. DreamWear comes in three frame sizes and four sizes of nasal cushions to offer a custom fit.

• DreamStation: Philips Respironics’ DreamStation is an innovative, responsive CPAP machine designed to be easy to use, navigate and remotely connect with your physician. It has Bluetooth, Cellular and Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to integrate with Philip’s mobile app and customize your therapy. DreamStation is 63 percent quieter than other leading CPAP machines and comes in multiple versions to meet your therapy needs.

• DreamMapper: DreamMapper is Philips Respironics’ mobile app and web-based software that integrates with your DreamStation machine. DreamMapper gives you feedback on your daily therapy progress, lets you set trackable custom goals and offers coaching and advice.

• DreamStation Go: Soon to be released, DreamStation Go is Philips Respironics’ portable CPAP machine. Designed for frequent travelers and vacationers, DreamStation Go is half the size of Philips’ regular machines and features micro-flexible tubing to minimize bulk and improve sleep mobility. It comes with rechargeable batteries, a touchscreen and a USB port for mobile device recharging.

• Fitting guide: Philips Respironics helps you find the right fit for your CPAP mask by offering an online fitting guide and video. The written guide includes pictures and instructions on how to position and tighten or loosen the mask.

• Best for: consumers with sleep apnea who are looking for a quiet, comfortable sleep therapy system.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs