Find the right portable oxygen concentrator for you.

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.06/5

33 Philips Respironics Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

The head gear Velcro will not hold so the face mask constantly loses its seal. The first 3 months is fine. After that it's horrible. Why can't they fix this problem. Medicare only covers that expense every six months. I have bought new Velcro trying to get it to work and it's a pain.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I purchased my first SimplyGo Mini for Respironics after deciding that renting a personal oxygen machine was not going to work for me as we were moving in 2016. I started having major problems with it and had to return it to an authorized service provider of the dealer who sold it to (US Oxygen Supplies). It took 4 months for them to return as Philips was backlogged! The machine needed every part repaired. I had bought another machine (yes for over $2400) so that I could still go outside and do my physical therapy required by my lung transplant doctor. I also had to rent a concentrator from a rental service to ensure I had oxygen.

After the repair, all seemed fine until the first one started sending me warning signs that I needed to send it back for service which I did (thank goodness for my second machine). It was returned after it recalibrated as the machine was not giving me enough oxygen.

Now, the second machine needs to be sent back as I'm getting a warning signal. The battery doesn't hold its power and quickly is depleted. I even switch to my additional batter (yes, I have an extra one along with the two machines). Both machines are switched out once the battery level is low. This new machine was purchased in 4.2018 and both under warranty. These are oxygen machines! To make matters worse, I have to pay for shipping and the return. I would not recommend this product to anyone!

Get expert buying tips about Portable Oxygen Concentrators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I've had a Philips Respironics Cpap machine for 4 years. Initially it was easy to just call a UK number and place an order for replacement nasal masks, frames etc but it's becoming more and more difficult to do. Finding the online shop is challenging enough. You can find plenty of information but not actually how to buy. When you do eventually find the correct site, it often doesn't complete your order. The once useful telephone ordering system is almost non existent now. You can call and speak to an overseas contact centre who can arrange call backs.... No use if you're a busy working business. I called at 11:30am and was told I could have a call back between 2pm and 6pm. Hang on.... I just want to buy a replacement part!

I can only recommend Philips Respironics if you're a) housebound b) do nothing all day. UPDATE. I did have the call...FROM HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT! Back to the drawing board. The standard of service has dropped so badly. I suggest before buying any Cpap machine, you actually look how easy it is to buy replacement parts. All Cpap machines do the same thing in essence.

Original review: May 27, 2019

If you have an issue with your CPAP machine do not bother calling or emailing the company for assistance as you can literally sit on hold for 2 hours and still not get a reply. Their suggestion to email them is also a waste of time as they say they will respond within 24 hours however I have waited about week so far with no response. I am not impressed with this company and when needing to replace my machine one day I will find an organization that actually cares about their clients.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have had my Philips Respironics DreamStation for a couple of years now. I have had the whistling issue that others have complained about and it seems to be the seal between the water tank and the air outlet. When this happens I open the chamber and re-close the chamber. This seems to reseat the seal and the whistling stops. The other more disturbing problem is that I have had my CPAP machine turn off by itself a handful of times. The first couple times I thought maybe my hand hit it or something but last night my wife woke me up because she heard me and I had my mask on but the machine was off. I will contact my CPAP supply company to address the random shut off issue since it seems to be increasing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have used a CPAP for about 14 years. I had my first, a ResMed, for about 10 years. When I got my second one, I switched to a Philips System One. My medical insurance allows for a new one every five years. Also, coincidentally, Philips has a 5 year guarantee on their models. My first Philips started to make loud noises soon after I got it. I actually put up with it for a long while before going back to the sleep clinic for them to look at it. They gave me a replacement until the original one could be fixed.

Soon enough the second one was making a high pitched noise that made it impossible to sleep. I started wearing earplugs to bed. The original never came back so I went back to the sleep clinic and they confirmed the high pitch noise. Once again, they gave me a replacement. This third one, once again, makes a horrible noise. Sounds like I'm sleeping next to a bull elephant with a sinus condition. Back to the earplugs! I have almost two years left before my insurance will pay for a new one. IT WON'T BE A PHILIPS!!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have had my Dream Station for about 6 months and it has started whistling as I breathe in and out. It is so loud I can't sleep. I've tried adjusting the seals and nothing works. It was very quiet the first few months.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have had two of these so far. Both have been great for a few months then start making a high pitch noise that comes from inside the main unit not any exterior seals. The sound raises and lowers with your breathing. If it was not for this recurring problem with noise I would love the unit. Would not recommend these as they work now.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I've been using the DreamStation for about a year now and there are two issues I need to mention. 1) The Water Reservoir is too small and goes dry every night. This is an inherent design problem that should have never been released from the Philips engineering group! 2) When the unit was new I couldn't believe how quiet it was, but that was short-lived. After 60-90 days it gradually got louder to the point now where it is so noisy it keeps me awake at night. I am playing around with some of the seals/gaskets at this point to try to get it quieter. I wish Philips would come up with some type of gasket kit that users can install to keep the machine as quiet as I know it can be.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have had Dreamstation about 1-1:2 years, then one day it would not turn on. The screen read incorrect power supply. I called my current supplier. They gave me another power supply to use. It worked 2 weeks. I called again, then told me I needed to buy a new power supply. So, I paid the 75 dollars to get another one. It worked for 3 weeks. I sent emails to manufacturer because you would think they would stand behind their product but no she called me and gave me number to Advance Technologies not knowing if they are out of business or not, as American Sleep Medicine is currently closed. I had a Resmed for 5-6 years, never a issue but Doctor advised it was time for new machine. Why have a product with no repair options when you know issuance only pays for these machines every 5 years? Oh I know your profit... not the health of consumer. So exhausted and so disappointed.

Philips Respironics expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1976, Philips Respironics designs and manufactures sleep apnea therapy devices, including CPAP machines, to help patients regain and maintain a restful night’s sleep. Its CPAP products include an open-face mask, an easy-to-navigate machine, a mobile app and online software that keeps track of your sleep therapy goals.

• DreamWear: DreamWear is Philips Respironics’ sleep apnea mask. It features an open-face design, in-frame airflow and air tube connection at the top of the head for maximum sleep comfort. It is made with soft, flexible silicone material so you can choose your most comfortable sleep position. DreamWear comes in three frame sizes and four sizes of nasal cushions to offer a custom fit.

• DreamStation: Philips Respironics’ DreamStation is an innovative, responsive CPAP machine designed to be easy to use, navigate and remotely connect with your physician. It has Bluetooth, Cellular and Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to integrate with Philip’s mobile app and customize your therapy. DreamStation is 63 percent quieter than other leading CPAP machines and comes in multiple versions to meet your therapy needs.

• DreamMapper: DreamMapper is Philips Respironics’ mobile app and web-based software that integrates with your DreamStation machine. DreamMapper gives you feedback on your daily therapy progress, lets you set trackable custom goals and offers coaching and advice.

• DreamStation Go: Soon to be released, DreamStation Go is Philips Respironics’ portable CPAP machine. Designed for frequent travelers and vacationers, DreamStation Go is half the size of Philips’ regular machines and features micro-flexible tubing to minimize bulk and improve sleep mobility. It comes with rechargeable batteries, a touchscreen and a USB port for mobile device recharging.

• Fitting guide: Philips Respironics helps you find the right fit for your CPAP mask by offering an online fitting guide and video. The written guide includes pictures and instructions on how to position and tighten or loosen the mask.

• Best for: consumers with sleep apnea who are looking for a quiet, comfortable sleep therapy system.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs