3.8/5 (123 ratings)

About Philips Respironics

Philips Respironics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Wasn't thrilled when I received the original word that Philips was recalling the Dreamstation 1 due to the harmful effects of the foam. However, I thought Philips was going to make things right and replace these units. Well, after waiting 8 months for my replacement to come I received a "reconditioned" Dreamstation. I certainly wasn't thrilled about this. Upon inspecting it I noticed the device was in filthy condition. There were hairs in the device, a dirty filter still in it, and what looks to be dried mucus and crumbs in the filter area and the memory chip area. But rest assured, in the package Philips sent a letter saying the device was cleaned and sanitized. I can assure you this was absolutely not the case. Just more dishonesty from Philips.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Registered for the Philips CPAP recall and after 16 months of waiting they replaced my machine with a used piece of equipment. How would you like to breathe through a machine someone else breathed through? Never purchase products from a company who replace their products which have been recalled due to health risks with used secondhand equipment.

Get buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Still waiting for my order. I emailed them many times, no answer till couple ago said it was on backorder, haven't heard anything since. It would be nice to get a update. I think if they advertise the product they should have it or a update would be nice

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I've been waiting for over 16 months for a portable CPAP replacement. I've lost count the number of times I have called the customer service line people. Their customer service reps are UNKNOWLEDGABLE, USELESS, ROBOTIC, UNCARING, and DO NOT LISTEN to THE CUSTOMER!!! They answer a question with a question, absolute waste of time every time I call. I truly believe Philips does not care about their customers or their customer's health!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

This CPAP interrupts the airflow for about 5 seconds every time it writes to the disk. That happens randomly and when it happens, it feels like I have a plastic bag over my face; I am unable to breathe and wake up in panic. Instead of making it easier to sleep, this thing wakes me up in full panic mode at least 5-10 times every night!

Original review: July 27, 2022

I received the Dreamstation 2 as a recall replacement for another Philips product. This is the 4th CPAP: BiPAP product I have used. It has a very appealing streamlined appearance. The humidifier water tank is smaller than other units I have used and needs to be refilled after every use. It is a very awkward process. The tank has to be separated and removed from the power unit. It has a specified level marked with a line. The tank, though transparent is smoke colored making the water level difficult to see. The tank lid is difficult to remove and replace causing spills. Also reconnecting to the power unit is awkward again causing spillage. Other units I have used have a swivel hose attachment, this one does not. Again awkward battling with the hose all night. Works good but very poorly designed.

Resolution response: Sept. 3, 2022

Called the correction team and they are refunding my money. It has given me faith back in Philips.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I bought a recalled machine few years back, registered it and after 2 years, threes it away as Philips were to slow in doing anything. I didn’t want to use a machine that wrecked my health but it has left me with a cough and asthma. I got an email a few weeks ago from a Mark **, they will give me a corrected machine if I provide the settings. I went to a CPAP shop, got print out and emailed it to Philips. I got an email from a Mark ** saying, "We don’t accept handwritten settings" in which I thought it was a proper settings form from CPAP. Called customer service ** ignores your call. Emailed him, "Why did you contact me at all if you had no intention of honoring anything." This ** should think before bothering people because your company has a lot to answer for. Avoid Philips, they don’t care about customers, they're rude, arrogant and unprofessional and liars.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I have owned a DreamStation for 4 years. I received notice 1.5 years ago of a recall. Philips has been exceedingly slow to respond to repair or replace machines nation-wide. I have contacted them over 8 times. No one follows through with any response. I have received emails that say I need to go to my original provider to get on the replacement schedule - I have moved and my original provider is no longer in business. I have communicated this to Philips and the fact that I have 3rd stage CKD, diabetes, and high BP. I need a replacement machine since their current machine poses a cancer risk by their own admission and that of the FDA.

DO NOT do business with this company. They cannot be trusted. Avoid their products. Poor customer service. No follow-ups. Dangerous equipment.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I owned the Dreamstation CPAP for about 1 year, loved it, and experienced an immediate positive change in my health. I never had a problem at all with that machine. It was recalled, and I was sent the Dreamstation 2 as a replacement. The Dreamstation 2 replacement was terrible for me in every way possible. Poor design, build, and totally ineffective. It was similar to me like starting all over, with the added nightmare it has been to resolve the issues. Numerous calls, emails, letters and people contacted have ranked even worse than the machine itself, with no help whatsoever in help in resolving the issue. I will probably end up buying a new machine. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MACHINE!

Original review: June 7, 2022

I purchased the Dream Station some time ago and the mask was a complete and utter failure. I would wake up with it in my mouth! I almost choked to death! They told me to buy hairbands to secure it! Seriously? Now, it turns out their machines give you cancer. Lovely! It has been reported in the press that the Philips executives knew this. We are talking a gazillion of these cancer-causing (death) machines for a very long time, and yet they kept selling these highly carcinogenic machines and masks and nasal cannulas! I switched to ResMed at once and thank God I did. Are there any big corporations, and Philips is a huge multi-national business. Apparently, they could care less about the health of their customers. Disgraceful!

Philips Respironics author review by Diana McCarthy

Founded in 1976, Philips Respironics designs and manufactures sleep apnea therapy devices, including CPAP machines, to help patients regain and maintain a restful night’s sleep. Its CPAP products include an open-face mask, an easy-to-navigate machine, a mobile app and online software that keeps track of your sleep therapy goals.

• DreamWear: DreamWear is Philips Respironics’ sleep apnea mask. It features an open-face design, in-frame airflow and air tube connection at the top of the head for maximum sleep comfort. It is made with soft, flexible silicone material so you can choose your most comfortable sleep position. DreamWear comes in three frame sizes and four sizes of nasal cushions to offer a custom fit.

• DreamStation: Philips Respironics’ DreamStation is an innovative, responsive CPAP machine designed to be easy to use, navigate and remotely connect with your physician. It has Bluetooth, Cellular and Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to integrate with Philip’s mobile app and customize your therapy. DreamStation is 63 percent quieter than other leading CPAP machines and comes in multiple versions to meet your therapy needs.

• DreamMapper: DreamMapper is Philips Respironics’ mobile app and web-based software that integrates with your DreamStation machine. DreamMapper gives you feedback on your daily therapy progress, lets you set trackable custom goals and offers coaching and advice.

• DreamStation Go: Soon to be released, DreamStation Go is Philips Respironics’ portable CPAP machine. Designed for frequent travelers and vacationers, DreamStation Go is half the size of Philips’ regular machines and features micro-flexible tubing to minimize bulk and improve sleep mobility. It comes with rechargeable batteries, a touchscreen and a USB port for mobile device recharging.

• Fitting guide: Philips Respironics helps you find the right fit for your CPAP mask by offering an online fitting guide and video. The written guide includes pictures and instructions on how to position and tighten or loosen the mask.

by Diana McCarthy Contributing Writer

Diana McCarthy has covered a variety of consumer-focused topics but specializes in writing about real estate, local neighborhoods, property management and home improvement. Diana contributed to ConsumerAffairs for several years and has a bachelor’s degree in communication and media studies from the University of Central Florida.

Philips Respironics Company Information