Philips Respironics

Philips Respironics Reviews

About Philips Respironics

On Jan. 29, 2024, Philips announced it agreed to terms with the U.S. Department of Justice and would no longer sell new CPAP or BiPAP sleep therapy devices in the U.S. until meeting the requirements set forth by a multiyear consent decree. It is continuing to service sleep devices and provide accessories and replacement parts. Philips previously recalled multiple devices manufactured between 2009 and April 26, 2021, because of potential health risks associated with the breakdown of foam in the machines.

Philips Respironics Reviews

Stars Rating

• 8%
  • 9%
  • 4%
  • 1%
  • 77%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I like the asv cpap machine and how quiet it is. What I do not like is the poor support. I was one of the people that was hit by the recall of my machine. I took way toooo long to get a different one. I was going to put new but they were repaired machines. Now in my case my machine was not that old and the replacement machine had the motor start making a high pitched squeal. I called them and they sent me to service where the person followed a list of things to try. I could barely understand the support person and had to ask to repeat. I was then told to call the DME that I got it through called them and they have not called back.

I talked to Philips and they said, "Sorry you have to go through them and Philips could not do anything." I do not understand why they could not just have me send in my machine and get another one. Making customers have to deal with another poor reviewed company just send customers away, which is what I am doing. Question to Philips would be what happens if I die while trying to get a product that works? I was 70% of the time stop breathing before I went on a ASV machine. I asked for a manager and was told none was available and they did not know if my request to talk with a manager would receive a call back.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed March 31, 2024

I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea since 2013. First machine was a System One - replaced three years later with the original Dreamstation. I loved that machine and had it until late 2021 when it was replaced during the recall. I received the "new and improved" Dreamstation 2 and I've had nothing but problems with it! First, after less than one year, the touch screen froze and the humidity could not be adjusted and I could not ramp up the pressure level at bedtime. After a ticket with Philips (which is still open since late 2022), absolutely nothing has been done to remedy the frozen screen.

Last night, the machine started blowing crazy air pressure and could not be adjusted. All it did was tell me my mask needed adjusting. I was moving the mask because I couldn't breathe with the force of the air! Now, I have an urgent phone call into my doctor to get a prescription for a new machine through my durable medical company. Very discouraged at the Philips Respironics Dreamstation CPAP!

Get buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2023

It's been over 2 years! Then in July 2023, I got the option to receive an autoadjusting CPAP. They still have no idea of when it is shipping! I have chunky bits coming out! I made a tube in-line filter to catch the bits! Talked with several CS agents at Phillips. They will "escalate" the order. I cannot afford to purchase on outright at my local DME provider. So, Phillips is saying to me "SUCKS TO BE YOU!". It reminds me of the comedy skit in the 70's "We don't have to care, we're the Phone Company!"!

Reviewed Oct. 5, 2023

Now of the masks fit comfortably and the tubing is constantly pulling on the mask. My sleep time has been cut in half because I am always adjusting the mask and tubing. If you don't care about getting any sleep, this is the machine for you!

Reliability

Reviewed April 27, 2023

Another China made throwaway. Might heat. Might not. If we need these to live what’s the problem with making a reliable product???? Over priced, everything that goes with it too. What a ripoff. I need another to survive.

Reviewed April 6, 2023

I just received a replacement CPAP from Philips Respironics. I had a System one and not a DreamStation. They sent me a refurbish DreamStation that had already been used. I am disgusted that they don't value the victims. I waited 2 years to get someone else's recalled garbage.

Reviewed April 4, 2023

After waiting two years for a replacement cpap on the recall, finally got a 2017 with over 3000 hours on it. It never worked and after 3 trips to my local supplier finally gave up and ordered a new ResMed. How can the FDA allow this company to send out used medical devices that have been recalled? They lied about it having a new blower so I do not believe anything they say. So if you somehow escaped the cancer causing device, they will send you a used one that someone else sent in. This is the worst thing they could do in response to people dying from their negligence. They need to go away and not be allowed to do business in this country again.

Reviewed March 7, 2023

I received a Philips Dreamstation CPAP in March 2021. It worked until December 9, 2021 when the blower stopped functioning. This machine was under warranty but my DME would not repair/replace it due to the recall. Since it was fairly new, Medicare would not authorize a new machine. I medically require a CPAP to sleep so I found a used machine at an estate sale. I contacted both my DME and Philips numerous times to no avail, advising them that my machine would not function. I finally received a refurbished machine the first week of February, 2023. There should have been some preference for an unusable machine. I will not purchase a Philips CPAP again.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

I purchased a Dreamstation in 2019 for sleep apnea. The machine worked well and I was happy. It was recalled, but the company was responsive and sent a replacement in a reasonable time interval. However, the replacement machine soon failed and could not be revived. I called Philips and after a very long wait I was told that a replacement machine would be sent. That was in November 2022. I have called twice. Each time there is a very long wait on the phone and each time I was told it was on order. 10 weeks is a long time to wait for an important medical device. I think that something bad has happened at Philips and I hope others can avoid getting caught up in this mess.

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2023

I have used Philips Respironics CPAP machines for years. I now use Res Med Machines. Philips had to recall some of their CPAP machines because they were making people very sick. My machine was on the recall list. I was told to send it back to Philips with a pre paid address label. Which I did about a year ago. They told us that they would fix or replace our machine and we should get a new or repaired one by June I think. Then June came and went and then in July I called and asked when was I going to get my CPAP machine. I was then told that we all would be getting our repaired or replaced machines by December 2022. Well that month came and went. NOT a word from Philips. Even though they have my address, Phone, and of course name. So I called again.

After some delay on the phone they finally said that my machine was too old and they could not fix it. And they would not replace it. They offered me $50.00 instead IF I would send them my machine! I said that I already sent it in! Well they claim they didn't have it and would not do anything about it. Also my daughter had to send them her CPAP machine because of the recall and she finally got a new one back but she had to go 6 months without a CPAP which was very dangerous and could be deadly consequences for a person with severe sleep apnea. SO to sum up Philips Respironics products had made people sick and others left without a machine for months while they worked on the cheapest way to fix the problem. I would not ever recommend Philips Respironics to anyone especially my loved ones.

Philips Respironics author review by Diana McCarthy

Founded in 1976, Philips Respironics designs and manufactures sleep apnea therapy devices, including CPAP machines, to help patients regain and maintain a restful night’s sleep. Its CPAP products include an open-face mask, an easy-to-navigate machine, a mobile app and online software that keeps track of your sleep therapy goals.

• DreamWear: DreamWear is Philips Respironics’ sleep apnea mask. It features an open-face design, in-frame airflow and air tube connection at the top of the head for maximum sleep comfort. It is made with soft, flexible silicone material so you can choose your most comfortable sleep position. DreamWear comes in three frame sizes and four sizes of nasal cushions to offer a custom fit.

• DreamStation: Philips Respironics’ DreamStation is an innovative, responsive CPAP machine designed to be easy to use, navigate and remotely connect with your physician. It has Bluetooth, Cellular and Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to integrate with Philip’s mobile app and customize your therapy. DreamStation is 63 percent quieter than other leading CPAP machines and comes in multiple versions to meet your therapy needs.

• DreamMapper: DreamMapper is Philips Respironics’ mobile app and web-based software that integrates with your DreamStation machine. DreamMapper gives you feedback on your daily therapy progress, lets you set trackable custom goals and offers coaching and advice.

• DreamStation Go: Soon to be released, DreamStation Go is Philips Respironics’ portable CPAP machine. Designed for frequent travelers and vacationers, DreamStation Go is half the size of Philips’ regular machines and features micro-flexible tubing to minimize bulk and improve sleep mobility. It comes with rechargeable batteries, a touchscreen and a USB port for mobile device recharging.

• Fitting guide: Philips Respironics helps you find the right fit for your CPAP mask by offering an online fitting guide and video. The written guide includes pictures and instructions on how to position and tighten or loosen the mask.

by Diana McCarthy Contributing Writer

Diana McCarthy has covered a variety of consumer-focused topics but specializes in writing about real estate, local neighborhoods, property management and home improvement. Diana contributed to ConsumerAffairs for several years and has a bachelor’s degree in communication and media studies from the University of Central Florida.

Philips Respironics Company Information