3.5/5 (60 ratings)

About Philips Respironics

Philips Respironics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

Original review: May 19, 2022

The engineering of the the water reservoir is a downgrade. The previous model only required lifting the lid to add water. The newer model requires too many steps. You have to completely separate the tank and pry the lid off.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Due to the recall of the DS1, I was sent the DS2 as replacement. The unit is difficult to fill the water chamber. The casing is thin and flimsy. Seeing the display panel can only be done when not laying in bed. You have to get up. The worse part is the smell when I first turned it on. It smells horrible. It isn't me, my house, my mask or hose. It is the machine. I had to exchange the DS1 before the DME would give over the DS2. So, I am still without a CPAP machine.

Get buying tips about CPAP Machines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2022

This is for a Dream station one of the recalled brands. I have been given the run around since I first tried to register my unit. From first being told it was not recalled. Then getting a scary letter that I had to call now and register it... to having it malfunction and the door on the tank not closing right, to have black foam blown into the unit and my face... All I get is we need more info which I have given multiple times. I've asked to speak to a supervisor and have been told you don't have any... It was escalated and has a ticket number. Now they will not respond... They did a recall because it can cause cancer... Please know people use CPAP's because they stop breathing when sleeping and they can't get REM sleep. I average about 3 or 4 min of REM so I can't get rest... Driving for a living is supposed to be a critical issue. I drive special needs children and adults. They refuse to answer.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I've been using the Dreamstation for 3 years for sleep apnea. I saw the recall and immediately registered my device. I got confirmation that it was a recalled machine. I've only received very vague information on replacements. The call center and my cpap supplier couldn't give me any information except the same information on Philips website. I can't replace my machine on my own.

I've received 2 emails from Philips that the replacements could take til the end of 2022. Why is replacing the foam taking so long, as compared to most companies that take less than a few months to repair or replace parts? My cpap is absolutely necessary to sleep along with multiple medications. I've tried to sleep without it but can't. So I'm forced to use this defective machine from Philips and risk getting very ill. It was easy to use. The filters are very thin. I get dust in the back of my throat. I've noticed a black substance in my tubing. It heats up with the humidifier turned off. I will never buy another device from this company

Original review: April 24, 2022

I have a CPAP unit which was recalled last year, I have registered the machine and was told it was to been repaired or replaced, I was told I was on the short early list, 4 months or more later, still a faulty machine which gives me different reading every day, THIS IS A HEALTH MACHINE, WILL I HAVE TO BE CONCERNED WHEN IN HOSPITAL THAT THEY ARE USING PHILIPS MACHINES? Are they now responsible if this machine is connected to my health issues???

Original review: April 2, 2022

I had the Dream Station and now have the Dream Station 2. The humidifier is clunky and awkward to fill and refill. I suspect that the lid latch will break after a couple of months of use. This unit is a definite step backward and was obviously designed by people who are more interested in its Bluetooth and app-driven software rather than its ease of use. Wake up Respironics! Ease of use and ergonomics are of high importance.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I loved my original DreamStation. It was so easy to use, buttons in the right place, nice display screen on the front. The humidifier was easy to open and fill. All the parts were easy to exchange and filters easy to put in. I was sad when it was recalled. I received the replacement Dreamstation 2 but as I saw it called elsewhere, it's "beautiful trash". It's a very nice sleek looking machine, but it feels flimsy. Why move the display to the top? It's very hard to see. I can only read it when I am standing over my machine looking straight down at it. I cannot read it from my bed. The water tank falls apart in your hands when you take it off. You can't just pull the lid off to fill. It's noisy. It's so light I accidentally yanked it off the night table when I turned over. This was a complete miss. I am hoping to switch to ResMed for the first time since I used CPAP because this just doesn't work.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I ordered Philip's Lifeline in January. They told me they didn't have any of any kind in stock and no ETA of when they'd be getting any. I haven't heard anything from them since. Very poor customer service not to have touched base with me to let me know the status. I only hope they aren't billing my insurance company for this since I never received anything from them.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Since June 2021 was a recall for sleep apnea machine and until now February 2, 2022 nothing happened. We can't get information from the web site and I called the number ** three times, whoever response the phone has no information and I got the same answer "I will put a rush at your request". It's getting frustrating and can't get good sleep since June 2021. Philips should stand for their product and either reimburse us to get new machine or repair our machine. I am not happy with this kind of customer service from company like this.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I bought the Philips Respironics DreamStation J28641066AAD9 11 months ago, it worked for a short period and after a while it kept heating the water. I went to the store to see if I can get my money back and they did not allow me and proceeded to give me a number to contact the Philips company. When I emailed them they told me they were going to send me a replacement and I still haven't recieved anything. Nine months later after I contacted the company I still haven't received a new one or my money back.

Philips Respironics author review by Diana McCarthy

Founded in 1976, Philips Respironics designs and manufactures sleep apnea therapy devices, including CPAP machines, to help patients regain and maintain a restful night’s sleep. Its CPAP products include an open-face mask, an easy-to-navigate machine, a mobile app and online software that keeps track of your sleep therapy goals.

• DreamWear: DreamWear is Philips Respironics’ sleep apnea mask. It features an open-face design, in-frame airflow and air tube connection at the top of the head for maximum sleep comfort. It is made with soft, flexible silicone material so you can choose your most comfortable sleep position. DreamWear comes in three frame sizes and four sizes of nasal cushions to offer a custom fit.

• DreamStation: Philips Respironics’ DreamStation is an innovative, responsive CPAP machine designed to be easy to use, navigate and remotely connect with your physician. It has Bluetooth, Cellular and Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to integrate with Philip’s mobile app and customize your therapy. DreamStation is 63 percent quieter than other leading CPAP machines and comes in multiple versions to meet your therapy needs.

• DreamMapper: DreamMapper is Philips Respironics’ mobile app and web-based software that integrates with your DreamStation machine. DreamMapper gives you feedback on your daily therapy progress, lets you set trackable custom goals and offers coaching and advice.

• DreamStation Go: Soon to be released, DreamStation Go is Philips Respironics’ portable CPAP machine. Designed for frequent travelers and vacationers, DreamStation Go is half the size of Philips’ regular machines and features micro-flexible tubing to minimize bulk and improve sleep mobility. It comes with rechargeable batteries, a touchscreen and a USB port for mobile device recharging.

• Fitting guide: Philips Respironics helps you find the right fit for your CPAP mask by offering an online fitting guide and video. The written guide includes pictures and instructions on how to position and tighten or loosen the mask.

by Diana McCarthy Contributing Writer

Diana McCarthy has covered a variety of consumer-focused topics but specializes in writing about real estate, local neighborhoods, property management and home improvement. Diana contributed to ConsumerAffairs for several years and has a bachelor’s degree in communication and media studies from the University of Central Florida.

Philips Respironics Company Information