4.39/5
  • 1 star
Based on 18 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

18 Philips Respironics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I like that it comes on automatically if I start breathing in the mask and it goes off automatically if I take the mask off. I also like that it has a tube that can be heated and that I can choose how much humidity I want. I feel it helps me get quality sleep and without it, I keep waking up. It is simple to use. However, I don't like the mask that I am using, it is uncomfortable. I will be trying on different masks soon.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It is easy to fill the humidifier, it is super quiet, it is simple to put the mask on and as soon as you breathe the machine starts. It is very comfortable and does not bother my sleep. If I forget to travel with it I am miserable the whole time. It is amazing the difference it makes on how you feel.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I like how easy it is to clean. I also like that it is comfortable and less bulk than other brands. I used to go out of my way not to use my machine because I felt that I couldn't sleep with it in, but I find with my Philips I'm able to actually sleep in the comfortable positions I like. I also like that it's relatively quiet. As with any CPAP machine, they could always be ideally smaller and quieter. Compared to others, my Philips isn't bad but ideally I would like to barely feel it hardly at all when I'm trying to sleep, but that may be unavoidable.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I can either turn Philips Respironics on full blast right from the bat or I can push a button to start the air out slow and slowly built up to the right amount of air. Philips Respironics is simple to use but I have two toddlers so I am getting up often during the night, taking it off and putting it back on that it starts to get frustrating and I question whether or not I want to wear it at all. Also, you need to clean it often and the parts wear out and you need to replace them every so often.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

It's a great machine that works well. As someone with respiratory problems and breathing problems, I can use this machine at night and know that I will get a proper sleep and not drive anyone nuts. However, I don't like that the whole thing is on my face as I don't like things touching my face, but I do like the effectiveness of it. If there was a way it wasn't constrictive I'd like it a lot better. I feel it helps me get quality sleep and my girlfriend is very grateful that she can also sleep. I would recommend it for anyone that has breathing problems and can't sleep.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Respironics?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

No sound is a great advantage. I really love how Philips Respironics is comfortable and long cord helps you move better at night. It absolutely help and improved the quality of my sleep. I can't sleep without it. It is very easy to use. However, it's little bit bulky in appearance and look big on my face. Sometimes I feel my face itching because of mask. It can be improved by small cannula on nose. But it's a very comfortable machine that is easy to use. I recommended to my family members who snores at night.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like all the features of the CPAP Machine from Philips Respironics. The controls are very simple and are illuminated so you can see at night. It makes very little noise and has a water reservoir belt in that is easy to use. The facepiece is very durable and the supply hose is the right length. It is also very comfortable to wear with no air leaks.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I like how quiet the CPAP Machine from Philips Respironics is. It also make breathing easier and give better quality sleep when I put my mask on. It automatically turns on and also has a water storage to add water to the air so my throat don't get dry. However, the water storage not big enough. I run out of water in it in the middle of the night and the water tank should be easier to get cleaned. Also the air filters fall out too easy. It needs something to hold it in like maybe a little plastic clip to hold it in place. Nevertheless, I love my machine. The mask fits well and I can still hold my kids at night and all sleep good.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

The CPAP machine from Philips Respironics keeps me breathing right. It has a tight fit and doesn't slip or move around on my sleep over night and I wake up feeling good and refreshed. I was worried about whether it would stop me from sleeping but it doesn't, and the machine is not really loud. It's comfortable to wear and I hardly know I'm wearing it. I get the best night I have in years. I thought I would have to get to wearing it; but it was right away.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

The Philips Respironics CPAP Machine is very good, reliable and comfortable to use. It's also unique, very effective and portable. It has exhalation pressure relief, heated tubing and masking relief. I started using my CPAP equipment and I noticed two improvements and I stopped suffering from painful leg cramps. Everything is perfect.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

It is easy to turn on and off. It is fairly quiet. It has variable pressure and allows me to ease into breathing. I like being able to adjust the moisture settings. I wish it were easier to clean though. It can develop a smell fairly quickly. I wish the nose insert were more comfortable. The nose insert can start to chafe after having it in for a while. Besides that, it is very easy to use and is generally comfortable although some nights I just do not really want to wear it. It does help me most nights, but sometimes it takes a few nights in a row for the effect to accumulate.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Philips Respironics makes the CPAP machine that I use most often. I enjoy it for the peace of mind and quality of sleep that it gives me. It is very comfortable and easy to wear.I will continue to use it in the future.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Sleep worse with Philips Respironics as my pillow forces the hose up, causing the mask to slide down, making more noise and waking me and wife up. Been on vacation without it and have slept well every night.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I replaced an old machine and find the mask and the air tube at the top makes sleeping on my stomach more comfortable. And no lines on my face in the morning!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I was not sure about using a CPAP machine. Several of my friends have Philips Respironics, they complain about how annoying it is to use them. When mine was delivered to my home a representative from the medical supply company set it up and explained everything to me. The machine is very quiet. I have no complaints.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Being able to adjust the amount of moisture delivered to the mask makes Philips Respironics the best CPAP around. I can increase it in the winter when the air is too dry. It also helps to release sinus headaches, with an adjustment from 1 to 5.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Have had Philips Respironics for five years. Struggled with it for a short period, but now I am unable to sleep properly without using it. Blood pressure went down and wake up refreshed.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Nice machine, very quiet and portable, but short lived. I'm on my third Philips Respironics in less than 2 years. Screen will read "Service Required" and they just stop working.

Philips Respironics expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1976, Philips Respironics designs and manufactures sleep apnea therapy devices, including CPAP machines, to help patients regain and maintain a restful night’s sleep. Its CPAP products include an open-face mask, an easy-to-navigate machine, a mobile app and online software that keeps track of your sleep therapy goals.

• DreamWear: DreamWear is Philips Respironics’ sleep apnea mask. It features an open-face design, in-frame airflow and air tube connection at the top of the head for maximum sleep comfort. It is made with soft, flexible silicone material so you can choose your most comfortable sleep position. DreamWear comes in three frame sizes and four sizes of nasal cushions to offer a custom fit.

• DreamStation: Philips Respironics’ DreamStation is an innovative, responsive CPAP machine designed to be easy to use, navigate and remotely connect with your physician. It has Bluetooth, Cellular and Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to integrate with Philip’s mobile app and customize your therapy. DreamStation is 63 percent quieter than other leading CPAP machines and comes in multiple versions to meet your therapy needs.

• DreamMapper: DreamMapper is Philips Respironics’ mobile app and web-based software that integrates with your DreamStation machine. DreamMapper gives you feedback on your daily therapy progress, lets you set trackable custom goals and offers coaching and advice.

• DreamStation Go: Soon to be released, DreamStation Go is Philips Respironics’ portable CPAP machine. Designed for frequent travelers and vacationers, DreamStation Go is half the size of Philips’ regular machines and features micro-flexible tubing to minimize bulk and improve sleep mobility. It comes with rechargeable batteries, a touchscreen and a USB port for mobile device recharging.

• Fitting guide: Philips Respironics helps you find the right fit for your CPAP mask by offering an online fitting guide and video. The written guide includes pictures and instructions on how to position and tighten or loosen the mask.

• Best for: consumers with sleep apnea who are looking for a quiet, comfortable sleep therapy system.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs