Philips Avent Breast Pumps

Compare Breast Pumps

Research top Breast Pumps recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The breast pump was very easy to set up, use, and clean. It was very convenient for me to have and it was quick to pump in the mornings before going to work. The product seemed very durable. The pump and its accessories did not feel flimsy or cheaply made. I did not use the pump for long because of personal choices but I know the pump would've lasted much longer if I had needed it. The pump was moderately priced. I definitely could've purchased either a more expensive or cheaper pump but I'm happy with my choice. Considering its quality and how durable it was I believe the price was more than fair. I didn't personally find pumping to be all that comfortable, but my slight discomfort was just my personal preference, not because of the pump. Before this pump I had bought a different one and it was much more uncomfortable. So this pump was good with comfort.

Once l got the pump in the right place and the suction took it was comfortable. I'm not sure others would have as much trouble as l did. But it worked well and was a helpful thing to have. With a toddler and a newborn and a fox terrier, it was knocked around many times, but it always worked and never damaged even when the 2 yrs old got hold of it! It was a gift from my mom and it was the higher priced one, but if l had the money knowing what l know now, l would buy it as a gift for any friend l have that's about to be a mom. If anything can be really comfortable on you breast, my pump was OK. The area around the pump was soft enough to make it easy and hold the suction to help speed up my time. I bought a cheap one and hated it. This pump was a dream in comparison!

I was able to pump twice as much with this brand. Very easy to buy replacement parts in a regular store. Quick, compact and modern leaders of this area. Very durable. Easy to clean and very easy to break apart for deep cleaning. I have dropped it, folded it down and never had any issues. Awesome value and price compared to what is out there! You get one of the leaders in the industry for the best value. I'd recommend to any mom out there. Extremely comfortable and easy to use. Allows a lightweight design and very cool to drag from spot to spot. I love this machine and am ready to use constantly.

I found it to be very effective. The pump was easy to get ready and get going, had no issues using it and getting enough breast milk at one pumping to be ok for a couple of hours. This product was very durable, I dropped it on the floor more than once while being tired and it did not break. It's not a cheap product held to me and my family moving it around and everyday use. This product definitely had value, it was not cheap but not too expensive but I can use it again with my next baby. I feel we got our money's worth on it and it is still in great shape to use again. This product was very comfortable, well as comfortable as you can be for what it actually does. It was gentle and got the job done for me and my baby.

The product did what it said it would do effectively, proficiently, and was bought at a reasonable price which a young mother appreciates. If I hadn't gave it away to someone else it would still be running like brand new. Thus the materials used were durable sturdy and stood up to the dishwashing multiple times a day. The value was right on target and I am pleased that such a product is more accessible to breastfeeding mothers like myself. A lot of these products re costly and poorly made but not this one. Anytime you pump there is a bit of discomfort to your breasts but with this product there is minimal and the design of it I believe helps with this products comfort.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Avent Breast Pumps?

Love this pump! It's lasted thru both my babies and I couldn't be happier! Plus the parts are super easy to clean and it all packs up in the carrying bag perfectly. I have used this pump with two babies and have been very satisfied. It is easy to use, disassemble and assemble, transport, and clean. It was one of the few that I have tried that was effective and comfortable. Compared to the cheap manual pump I received (Hygeia-similar to medela), the Avent doesn't have any more parts to clean and the silicone like plastic shields making pumping comfortable. I called, they sent some to me free, and they arrived in a few days. I love how comfortable it feels to pump, and that I don't have to hunch forward because the design allows me to sit comfortably without spilling.

This is very easy to use. It works well. I would recommend to anyone looking for an easy to use effective breast pump. It's also a good value. This breast pump is very durable. It lasted through 4 kids for me. Easy to use and easy to clean. It's not the cheapest pump available but the quality and durability is worth the price. Well worth the money. Fairly comfortable to use. I don't think any pumps I've tried are necessarily what I would call comfortable but this is definitely comparable with others as far as comfort.

It is really effective. I can see the change it have provide me in about 1 to two weeks therefore I would recommend this to any females out there willing to try this product out. I was really amazed how durable it is. I have bought this product for at least 4 months from now and it still working like perfectly new. I was surprised it passed the 1 month mark. The value of this product is kinda shocking. I felt like I might have been ripped off. But its actually worth every penny I paid. Since it is durable I felt the price was just right. The comfort level was top notch. It make it feel so natural and free. It made me feel so good that I dont believe that it could feel any better.

My baby was premature when he was born and he had a hard time latching so my husband got me this breast pump along with two other brands. Of all three, Avent was the most efficient and easiest to use. I love the fact that I can use it while I'm comfortably watching my favorite series on TV. It's also pretty discreet to use because it's not noisy like the other pumps. And I experienced no pain whatsoever with it while the other ones almost made me want to give up breastfeeding and even caused a little swelling.

Unfortunately, while it is a good product, I wouldn't recommend it for mothers who are giving 100% breast milk to their babies because it's very tiring to use when you have to feed the little ones several times a day. But for moms like me who breastfeed and give supplemental formula at the same time, this breast pump works perfectly since you will get enough rest in between feeding and milk expression.

Expert Review

Sandra GordonParenting Products Contributing Editor

Specializing in health and medicine, Sandra Gordon has written extensively about cord blood banking for national and regional parenting magazines. She also has written about baby products, including breast pumps, for national and regional parenting magazines, blogs and books. Her work has appeared in hundreds of publications, including Parents, Prevention, Woman’s Day and Self. Gordon also appears on TV as a baby safety and money-saving expert. She is also the author of 10 books and the founder of babyproductsmom.com, a site dedicated to helping new parents gear up safely and within their budget.    More about Sandra→

Based in the United Kingdom, Philips Avent is a major manufacturer of baby and toddler products and the largest such company in England. Avent was founded in 1984 as a baby bottle company and was purchased by Philips, a Dutch technology company, in 2006. Philips Avent specializes in breast pumps, bottles, pacifiers and more, exporting these products to over 60 countries.

• Wide selection: Philips Avent offers manual, single- and double-electric breast pumps to fit your budget and needs. The Avent Comfort single electric pump and manual pump are both winners of the Parent Tested, Parent Approved award. Its double-electric model is available through select insurance providers as a benefit of the Affordable Care Act.
  • Product guarantees: Philips Avent offers a 30-day return guarantee on all products, as well as a two-year guarantee for all electric breast pumps. Customers can purchase products knowing that they can send them back if they aren't happy with their performance.
  • Purchasing options: Avent breast pumps and accessories are available for purchase online from Amazon.com, Diapers.com and Babiesrus.com. You can also purchase directly from Philips with free ground shipping on all orders and expected delivery in three to nine business days.
  • Customer support: Philips Avent offers customer support on all aspects of the breast pump purchasing process, from picking the pump, to actually ordering it, to understanding its use and troubleshooting any problems that arise. You can contact them online or via telephone.
  • Medical baby app: Philips Avent developed the first medical baby app that connects via WiFi to smart products including its baby monitor and thermometer. Using the uGrow app for Apple and Android devices, you can track your baby’s breast-feeding sessions, sleep schedule, your pumping times and amounts, the baby’s height and weight and more.
  • Best for frequent pumpers and those who prefer manual pumps.

Compare Breast Pump