3.7/5 (732 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I purchased my bike in May 2020. Of course, Bike+ was released shortly after the "exchange period" expired. So I opted to go with the trade in program. Because I financed through Peloton's financing of choice (affirm) I had to re-qualify. Would have assumed "trade in" meant "trade in and you don't have to pay for it any long." Uh uh...nope. I am now stuck with two payments. Or, I can send back the Bike+ and only pay the one payment for a bike I no longer have and Peloton won't give back to me but that Peloton will quickly clean and resell for a profit. If you were thinking about doing the trade in program, and financed through affirm, DON'T DO IT! No one should wonder why Peloton is raking in cash right now.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I ordered a bike weeks ago and was told it would be here between noon-2 pm. So, I took a day off of work to wait. Got an email AT THE TIME of delivery, saying my bike would be arriving on 11/21. No explanation, no call, no asking if I can even do 11/21 (which I can’t). So, I call and it says wait times is over 30 minutes. I email instead. The response is, “Sorry to hear about your experience.” Nothing else. No follow up, nothing. So, I call and there is no explanation as to why no one called before delivery. Just, sorry, no deliveries from that warehouse today. It’s too bad. I have heard great things about the product, but not putting $3000 to get garbage customer service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

On 6/17, I ordered a bike. I was given a delivery date of 8/17. I was not happy about the long delivery time, but I understood due the pandemic. On 8/16, I received an email stating due to extenuating circumstances my delivery was cancelled and someone would contact me within 72 hours. In addition, they gave me a $125 credit for my troubles. On 8/18, I received an email with a new delivery date of 9/5. On 9/4, I received another email stating due to extenuating circumstances my delivery was cancelled and someone would contact me within 72 hours. This time, no credit was offered. More than 72 hours had passed, and nobody contacted me. In the meantime, the Bike+ was released and everything I read stated that Peloton would contact people who had ordered a bike but not yet delivered. Still nobody contacted me.

Since nobody from Peloton contacted me, on 9/9, I decided to contact Peloton. I called sales. I was on hold with sales for 2.5 hours before I could no longer wait. One would think they would give priority to individuals who ordered a bike but not yet delivered. BUT NO!! On 9/10, I contacted sales again to switch to the new bike. I was on hold for 3.5 hours before someone was available to help me. The sales rep who was not very nice, informed me that I could not switch to the new bike and pay the difference. She stated that I needed to order the Bike+ and cancel my original order. So, I place my order for the Bike+ and received a new delivery date of 10/5.

Again, one would think they would give priority to individuals who ordered a bike but not yet delivered. BUT NO!! After the new bike order was placed, I went on Peloton chat to cancel my original order. I was number 1050 in the queue for a rep. Finally, after another couple/few hours someone was able to help me and cancel my original order. On 10/4, I received another email stating due to extenuating circumstances my delivery was cancelled and someone would contact me within 72 hours. In addition, they gave me a $200 credit for my troubles. At this point, I just want the bike. On 10/8, after more than 72 hours had passed, I received an email with a new delivery date of 10/30. Again, one would think they would give priority to individuals who have been waiting a long time. BUT NO!! If this delivery holds, it will be over 19 weeks since my original order. WHAT KIND OF COMPANY ARE THEY RUNNING!! Is this how they treat customers!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I love the Peloton bike and all the different classes they have to offer such as meditation, yoga, strength training, running. Amazing!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Ordered the Bike + right after it came out. Had been thinking about it and decided it was a sign. Paid in full which was $3k with a pair of shoes. Ordered on 9/9 and happily told I would receive it on 10/5. Told there would be a call/email letting me know when it would arrive. Come 10/5 and no call. I reach out to Peloton at 8 am who says my delivery time is 8-10am and I am second in line. I have a desk that overlooks the front door via a window, dogs that bark at a doorbell and a phone next to me. No delivery.

I contact Peloton again (these are chats since the phone wait is long), am told that the delivery folks said I didn't answer my phone and they waited outside my door for 15 min before leaving. This is 10am and they wouldn't come back because they were already at the warehouse. Clearly a flat out lie. I explain this and the rep says they will refund me $125 and it will be rescheduled in the next 2-3 days. Ok sounds good. Next day I reach out again to nail down a day as I will again need to arrange my schedule around its arrival. This time I am told it will be 2 weeks. Not acceptable.

The delivery service lied to Peloton and me and I am not going to pay the price for their mishandling. Peloton kept telling me how they probably got lost from the GPS (that has never happened in the 20 yrs I have lived in this house and doesn't explain the lack of phone calls they claimed to have made). Peloton was of no support in this. I finally said forget it. Give me my money back. Customer service said "ok." No desire to remedy the situation. I even had to call back to get the mailing label for the biking shoes they sent despite the rep telling me I'd get the label in my email right away.

Now that I have read all of these reviews I am not surprised at all. As a business owner myself, I know the incredible importance of customer service and that it's harder to GET a new customer than it is to keep one. However, with the pandemic and the incredible demand, I'm sure that we lowly customers who are unhappy are completely unimportant. It's a shame.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I love my Peloton! Every day I do a nice hour ride and it's so encouraging having the instructor with me! I feel like I can do anything. It is the perfect boost of cardio I need.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

The worst experience ever! So easy to buy but you will never get your bike. Ordered mine August 11, 2020. Still hasn't arrived after three promised delivery dates. I've made monthly payments on a bike I have yet to receive. Good luck getting through to anyone. Been on hold for 70 minutes and nothing. Can't even cancel my order. Peloton will take your money and not send you a bike. BEWARE!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Being disabled has its disadvantages when trying to exercise on a machine. Not knowing the companies included doesn't help with choices. At 73 years of age companies should advertise to us as also.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Quality of the bike is great. I love the online content - constantly new. Instructors are very good and more like coaches. Community is awesome.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Was given a delivery date. Received the email the day before the delivery. No delivery. No phone call. Nothing. When I finally got through to them they pushed my delivery back 3 more weeks and said they don’t have to inform me. I cancelled my order. I can only assume the product is a direct reflection of the customer service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I purchased my Peloton bike 16 months ago. At first I was one of their biggest fans. Last week my bike was having difficulty connecting with the internet. I called customer support as it is listed on the screen. I got some salesperson who was “giving away” merchandise and would not connect me to support until after I provided a credit card. I said no and hung up on me. Later I waited for an hour to be connected with customer service. She was very nice but to date none of her instructions to date have gotten me into a class.

I have also contacted the CEO John Foley’s office. They provide a bunch of pat answers but no resolution. It’s almost as though they do not believe me. I still have no wiring bike. I would like this to be pursued as a formal complaint as the company is completely unhelpful and unconcerned. I do not know what else to do. I’m a healthcare worker during COVID, work many hours and do not have time to continuously emails with no resolution. Please help!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

It was just too expensive and the customer service was difficult. They also released a new one right after I bought their most expensive package-that is stupid.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I cannot even speak about the bike because IT ISN'T EVEN HERE. It seems all the more believable that no one truly works there. Emails and calls during general working hours go ignored and unanswered. Even with all the stores opening, especially during a pandemic, they offer no true help or even value. It was a MIRACLE someone answered the phone when we called on our anticipated delivery date because THERE WAS NO DELIVERY WINDOW. We waited all morning and into the afternoon to learn that it was going to be delivered between 4 to 6 pm. Saturday is done and dinner plans ruined. As stressed professionals working 60+ hour work weeks, it is rare to have a free weekend. However, apparently Peloton's time is more valuable than any customer's.

After seeing some of the reviews, it should come at no surprise that customer service is abysmal and worse. I imagine their business model is being arrogant and sloth? It is seriously abhorrent how they operate and continue to even exist. Peloton has been extremely disappointing and frustrating to say the least and we don't even have the bike to comment further.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

The Peloton cycle has a variety of convenient options, one of them being the screen cast feature. I was able to easily cast the image onto my 40” smart tv without issue.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

These super fit and friendly instructors and the camera work making them give smiling eye contact has me hooked. They are in shape and they make me believe I can join them. And you can find a person you identify with no matter your personality, color or sexual orientation.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I am exercises enthusiast and I love working from home especially during these COVID times. I love that I can challenge myself to be in the same fitness I was in pre-COVID.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I ordered a Peloton bike on July 25th and the earliest available delivery date was September 29th due to demand and COVID-19 related issues. I understood this when I ordered the bike. I wasn't happy, but I understood. I received a confirmation text the night before my scheduled delivery confirming my delivery window from 1-4 on the 29th as scheduled. I received a voicemail from XPO Logistics during my delivery window stating that my delivery would not be made that day. No reason given. I called XPO and they said they have no inventory at the moment. Questionable considering I did not choose them as my shipping provider - Peloton did.

I call Peloton and sit on hold for 30 minutes to speak with an agent. I explain my situation and they tell me that they cannot assist me and I have to speak with someone from Order Experiences. I sit on hold another 15 minutes until I am disconnected! I go to the website and live chat. I speak with Hayley for Sales who refuses to have her Supervisor have someone call me. I speak with another agent on live chat - Brendon B - who tells me I need to speak with someone from Order Experiences.

'Brendon B.: I apologize for the wait an agent will join from the correct department as soon as one becomes available. I understand and we will definitely get this taken care of for you.'. I wait for over 28 minutes to hear from Nancy C from the Order Experience Team who was not helpful whatsoever and took zero accountability for the issue at hand. Nancy C claims Peloton ships the orders to XPO the day the order is placed, yet XPO claims a shortage of bikes - 2 months after I made my purchase - and Nancy C says "Peloton ships your orders to XPO as soon as they are placed, if they have not reached XPO that is not our fault." I didn't realize I agreed to purchase a bike from XPO and not Peloton. I ask Nancy C to speak with her supervisor or another agent to file a complaint and Nancy C says "I have no one else I can transfer you to regarding your concerns."

This is the worst customer experience I have encountered in my life as a consumer. I think it's odd that I place an order in late July and Peloton is unable to tell me when I can expect to receive the bike when I have a handful of friends and family that made the same purchase in early September to receive their product within weeks! This company is a scam. They've offered minimal refunds, but that's not going to repair this relationship. I want Peloton to take accountability for this fiasco, admit fault and compensate me for the loss of time. I should have received my bike WEEKS ago and now I do not have a delivery date, I've made hundreds of dollars in payments and I have a disdain for this company.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I called Peloton and asked if the new Bike would be released in 2019, prior to purchasing a bike, and they adamantly said no. I received my bike 10 days prior to the cutoff of exchanging for the Bike Plus. I called three times and literally waited over two hours and all three times they hung up when the call was connected. Many consumers had the delivery date moved up (By Peloton) prior to the original scheduled delivery which also disqualified them from getting the newly released Bike+ ( Bike Plus). Peloton has integrity issues as well as EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I would never recommend this company. There is a class action lawsuit filed. If you are in this situation, contact Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint. You will notice hundreds of additional consumers with the same complaint.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

What a HASSLE!!!! Think twice before buying the Peloton bike. It was easy to order and arrive to my home, of course. But I really wasn't impressed and called to return after 1 week. Now I can't get anyone on the phone and their shipping company JB Hunt keeps rescheduling and it's been a month. Oh - I'm also getting charged each month! So unhappy with my experience with them. Not a fan.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Similar to many others, I’ve found customer service to be downright abysmal. And I dont even have my bike yet! The highlights - Their website ecommerce has issues & wouldn’t accept any of my credit cards which forced me to call in and order over the phone (hate doing this when ordering online should be a no-brainer). - The agent couldn’t have sounded less interested in taking my money if he tried. Fine. - My account gets (auto?)flagged for ‘fraud’ and I need to provide photo ID. Fine. Send in my driver's license that has my address on it. - Two hours later, in spite of sending the EXACT documentation requested, Including address proof, I now have to provide further proof of address. Umm..what?! What kind of bush league operation is this?

- Dug out said documents. Send again and ask to speak with a supervisor since the agent I’m dealing with is unable to address my concerns competently. - A flat refusal to escalate and I’m told my ‘issue is closed’. All in all, this process took nine hours. Whelp. Seems like once they have your money, all bets are off. I’d give no stars if I could.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

UPDATED 10/13/2020: Anyway, 3 weeks later, the bike is still sitting here and I'm still getting payment requests from Affirm, despite Peloton emails saying my trial and account is all cancelled. I finally had to call Peloton again, and again, after much waiting (over 3 hours) finally got through to support who told me that there was an error sending me a return ticket (sure). More waiting on the phone ensued. I depleted a full iPhone battery just on hold. I feel I should charge Peloton for storage of the bike and the hours spent on hold or with a representative. I got more exercise typing and on the phone than I ever did with the bike itself. Never again!!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Now, I rarely complain about anything. World's worst customer support for an overpriced and average bike. Here my history with Peloton; I ordered a Peloton bike (30 day free trial) and did Affirm financing. The bike was delayed by a month. I used the bike for 2 weeks and then called to cancel it and have it returned. Customer support was clueless and kept asking if I actually even had the bike?! I kept saying yes. They said they didn't even see my account. They asked, "are you sure". I said "yes", but still they seemed confused. It took them over 90 minutes on the phone to remedy. Finally I cancelled, at which point they blamed me for it being over the 30 day trial period, until I explained that I'd only had the bike for 2 weeks, and it was in fact THEY that had delayed delivering the bike.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Horrible experience. I ordered a bike, was very excited, and told friends/family. (Here's where everything goes downhill). On the day of delivery, my bike didn't show up and I took time off work to be home. I check my spam inbox and see that Peloton reached out at the last second to tell me that it wasn't coming even though the website showed "out for delivery". The Peloton team is INCREDIBLY difficult to get ahold of. I sent two emails to two different inboxes with still no response (this was days ago). The chat is at least an hour long wait and it's much worse attempting to call them. I waited for over an hour on chat for someone to confirm multiple times that both my order and the account with Affirm was canceled.

The next day, I get an email saying the delivery date changed to a random date/time without confirming with me first even though I already canceled everything! I wait on chat for another hour to get ahold of someone else. I was told on chat that my previous chat with the Peloton team the day earlier never actually canceled anything (what happened there!?). She also misunderstood me even though I was VERY clear on why I reached out. She was trying to direct me to the delivery team to reschedule even though I clearly stated that I had already canceled and did not want the bike. It wasn't at all what I needed help with and I had to repeat myself to get her to understand a basic request. The website isn't being updated correctly at all. My bike still shows "out for delivery" when it was never coming to begin with. I will not be purchasing anything from Peloton again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

My husband and I purchased our first Peloton in 2016 at a local store. We spoke at length with the clerk before buying. One of the things we talked about was the fact that we have a second home which we would eventually want to put a second bike in. He assured us that we would be able to use the single account for both bicycles. March/April of this year I went online to the website and began a chat session with one of the sales reps. I explained our situation and asked for reverification of my 2016 conversation ....that we would be able to have 2 bikes at 2 different homes with one account. He assured me that we would.

We purchased the second bike. Recently I realized Peloton was charging us for two accounts. I contacted customer support and was told that Peloton no longer allowed for two bikes to go on one account. I was told that Peloton changed its policy a year or so ago. That is the complete opposite of the commitment given to me. I had to really insist to escalate to a 'manager' and his only response was apologizing because I had been lied to....but no offer to resolve the situation. If I had known they were going to charge me for two accounts then I would have purchased an Echelon for a lot less money.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

You’d be wise to never order anything from Peloton. We paid $2400 to wait 9 weeks for the bike to be delivered. They canceled 4 deliveries on us without notifying us, we had to call and ask for an update after every delivery date we had where nobody showed up. Once we finally got the bike it broke after 4 days. They couldn’t send a technician out for over eight weeks and then on 2 different scheduled days nobody showed up. Both times we had to call and confirm they were coming only to be given a 13 hour window and then have them never show up. We elected to have them return the bike given that the return window would have been closed by the time we actually got the bike fixed, and they wouldn’t even extend the return window to allow us to use the bike for 30 days before deciding if we wanted to keep it. Worst company ever.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Received my Peloton on 7/29/2020, I ordered the bike in May. The bike was paid in full at the time of delivery. On September 9th I received the email from CEO John Foley who announced the new Peloton bike + along with the lower price of the bike I just paid $2,400 (new price, $1,800). The $700 rebate, offered to me if I would like to purchase the newer model, is a joke.

Where was John Foley's transparency to all of the customers waiting months to obtain their bikes? Customers had a right to know a new model was coming out. Instead, our money was collected prior to delivery and then we received a surprise email notifying us of the new model and the lowered price existing model.

Apple is transparent, Samsung is transparent, you go to buy a car, there is transparency, NOT PELOTON!

They had been working on the roll out for months, where was the transparency. It would have been nice if the credit for the difference between the new bike model and older model was given to customers for those of us that bought the bike in the last 90 days. How about a credit to the $39 a month membership fee for a FULL YEAR.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I ordered my bike 6/23 and I paid in full. My husband and I both planned on using it, so we purchased the family bundle to the tune of ~$2700. Expensive, but I wanted the competition, the top notch instructors, the wonderful playlists yada yada. My delivery date came, and went, and no bike came. No one reached out to me to tell me the date was getting moved. No one would give me an answer as to where the bike was, why it was late. After about 14 calls to Peloton, They rescheduled me for 3 weeks later. Totally unacceptable for $2700, but whatever. Weirdly, my friend who ordered 3 days after me and lives in the same zip code got her bike on time (3 days after me) but whatever. New delivery day comes, and goes again, and still no bike.

At this point I am really frustrated because I had called to check on the status of my delivery multiple times and was never told it would be delayed again. Again, no one contacted me to let me know it was going to be changed. They gave me a $100 refund. Fine -it was appreciated. Well, guess what...delivery day 3 came and went and still no bike. At this point I was over it and canceled my order on 8/20. I still have not been refunded my money and every time I have called Peloton (5+ times since 8/20) they tell me the order has not been properly canceled and that they will take care of it and send me an email when it's processed. I still have not gotten that email. In addition, I am also getting calls from Peloton and XPO weekly about scheduling my delivery, for the bike I canceled.

I finally filed a complaint with my Credit Card company and they have refunded my money and are working on a dispute with Peloton as well. I would not get their bike. I got the Schwinn iC4 and I love it. I use it with the Peloton app (which is great) and it works seamlessly. I also can see my cadence and heart rate in the Peloton app and the resistance corresponds perfectly. This bike was $800 and I also save $28/month on the app price. Overall, I would stay away unless you like spending your time calling companies who have your money to follow up on your order.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

So, so darn frustrated with what was a huge investment on my part. Finally ‘bit the bullet’ and paid to purchase the bike. Took about 8 weeks to get, but ok, it’s a Pandemic. Received on 8/3/20. Since it’s a Pandemic, Peloton wouldn’t bring upstairs so they delivered to my garage. Ok, understand. I had to wait a few weeks to get a family member to help me move it upstairs and then had to upgrade my Internet for it to work. The day I planned my first ride (?9/9/20), Peloton announces their Bike+ (First time I heard of any upcoming releases) and significantly reduced the price of the bike I just purchased and have yet to ride. Ok - I will exchange and upgrade. No - Peloton says adamantly, I am outside the 30-day window (by 6 days!) and there are no exceptions.

Politely ask to escalate and speak to someone. I have to say, their email response time was superb. However, I can’t talk to a live person and standardized email responses say my only choice is the exchange (where I only get $700 credit for my bike) or for me to sell it and buy the new one. I’ve reminded them that they significantly reduced the price of the one I just bought so their options to me leave me out of a lot of money). I feel so cheated and honestly sick to my stomach as the rotating screen would be huge for me in order to take other classes. And, I feel 100% justified in my request. How can they not give notice of a new release in the works?? Am beyond disappointed in this experience with what I thought was a top notch company who valued their customers....

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I purchased my Peloton bike in May 2020 and was given a delivery timeframe of early Sept 2020. I unexpectedly received a delivery update to 7/23/2020, and the bike was delivered to my home. I’ve maybe used the bike twice. I still owe $2000+ on it, as it was financed through affirm. Before I even received the bike, I had to start making payments on it, which I think is a bit absurd but I went with it. What is very upsetting is that less than two months after having received this bike, Peloton comes out with a new and improved bike+, which prompted me to contact peloton thinking that they would provide decent customer service (silly me).

After having called the company 3 times and being on hold for more than an hour each time with no answer, I decided to contact peloton via chat. I inquired to see if there was some reasonable financial path to being able to upgrade to the bike+ and was told that the most they could offer me was a $700 credit, which would mean I would still be on the hook for $1300+ for the old bike, plus whatever the new bike+ costs ($2400+1300, so a little over $3700 for the bike+, which is a horrible deal). I asked to speak to A supervisor or manager and was told no, this is company policy and that if they make exception for me they’d have to offer it to everyone else. At this point, I was so upset with the level of (or lack thereof) customer service that I have received and asked if I could return the bike. I was informed no, and that it is company policy to grant no exceptions and that I was outside the return period.

Potential buyers beware. This company cares nothing about its customers. Once they get your money, they don’t give a crap about trying to make things right or make you feel “valued” as a customer (what a concept, right?!). I am so mad that I am stuck with this bike that I’m to the point where I just want to sell it on CL at a loss just so I don’t ever have to deal with peloton again. For such a successful company, I would have expected they treat their customers a little better. Their customer service is non existent and I think that is even being too nice. Save your money and shop elsewhere. I feel swindled and taken advantage of. Clearly peloton is profiting handsomely off the pandemic and using it at the same time to provide sub-par, or really non-existent customer service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

This company is non-transparent with terrible customer service. Pandemic buyers turned to CEO into a billionaire, and they can't even answer their phone, respond to email, social media inquiries etc. When they do answer, customers often leave with no resolution or mixed/incorrect answers. Horrible roll out of recent Bike+. Zero fair options offered by company for recent buyers to upgrade to new bike or receive a pro-rated refund for the standard bike.

As of 9/13, CEO has not sent out any type of emails addressing the thousands of upset customers who narrowly missed the 'refund' deadline or are looking for a fair financial path to upgrade to the Bike+. Many members insult and bully new members on Official Peloton Member Page on Facebook (page promoted and run by Peloton). Major customer experience issues, especially for buyers during the pandemic. Total slap in the face to, and predatory moves made on customers who are already struggling during this time. Do not recommend.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

My wife and I bought the bike 32 days ago. Now they’ve reduced the price by $600. We owe more on our bike than it’s worth! They are refusing to do anything about it, their support email address is bouncing emails, and the support phone lines have wait times of 4+ hours. This is an awful company and no one should trust them or give them any money.

Peloton Company Information