3.6/5 (650 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I ordered a bike two months ago and it was scheduled to be delivered yesterday. It was intended to be a Christmas gift. No one at all contacted me to let me know it wasn't coming. I had to call them. They basically said it's been delayed with a delivery date next month. They have horrible customer service, no one acknowledged that they didn't have the professional courtesy to let me know that my bike wasn't coming. Not one person called me, or texted me or emailed me. However I did get a nice email asking about my delivery experience and bike today. Unprofessional company, customer support that has no discretion except to apologize. Lot's of bad reviews just like mine. Not worth the hassle and apparently the bike doesn't perform up to standards and those people just get the same run around with a faulty product. I will never promote this company and will repeat my experience to as many review sites as possible.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Ordered my Peloton back in August, with an original delivery date in Oct. Without going into detail after 3 scheduling changes and notice the DAY OF shifted delivery (Dec 10) to wait until Feb, I left!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I ordered the Peloton Bike+ on 10/11/20. I was given a firm delivery date of 12/21/20 and was just told today (12/19/20) that my bike would not be delivered until 03/10/21 due to a factory shortage. I purchased my bike at the kiosk at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. I spoke with a Peloton representative this morning and they confirmed the bike would not be delivered until March 2021. I was told great things about Peloton's products and classes by 2 co-workers. I was not told about how it treats its customers and does not honor its commitments. I cancelled my order today and am returning all the accessories as soon as I get the shipping return label. I am going to take my business to a company who takes care of its customers and honors its commitments. What an extreme disappointment Peloton turned out to be. I would give Peloton zero stars if I could.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I bought a Peloton bike in April 2020 and generally had a good experience for the first few months. In June 2020, I ordered a second bike for a home in Maine and was promised a delivery date in September. That date came and went with no contact from Peloton. I spent endless hours trying to sort out the issues on the phone and found their entire customer service network to be impotent. I ended up buying a Nordic Trak bike and have found that to be a superior product in every way (classes, quality of bike.....etc).

Furthermore, recently one of my Peloton shoes broke a clasp after 8 months. Absolutely, no willingness by Peloton to stand behind product. Being an avid road biker, I have owned shoes from Bontrager, Specialized and others and have never seen such poor quality. Point of fact, Specialized warranties their shoes for 2 years. While the pandemic has been a boom to Peloton, I am confident that others will eventually wake up to the fact that this company does not make an acceptable product and is unwilling to stand behind it. Beware of Peloton. It may be a cult product today, but it is not a customer centric experience.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I will provide only facts here, and you can decide for yourself. April 2020 - signed up for free trial membership that lasts until July 2020. July 2020 - trial ends and subscription charged to credit card. August 2020 - decided to cancel subscription and stopped accessing subscription. Followed directions to go to iPhone subscriptions and cancel subscriptions. August thru December 2020 - subscription is still charged to credit card. December 2020 - contacted Peloton to get refunded for cancelled and unused subscription from Aug-Dec. Customer service advises us that only 3 months can be refunded and we did not cancel the membership and that it was the trial that expired. The Subscription screen shows the subscription expired Aug 9, 2020. Peloton has horrible customer service and/or misleading business practice with their app and membership policies.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I ordered my bike in early October and was told it would be a 6 to 8 week delivery time. Which I completely accepted. I’ve had two delivery dates canceled and now I’m being told I will not have it until February. The customer service is absolutely horrible. They mislead the truth, lie, and blame it on their delivery company they outsource. Every “manager” I spoke to said they would look into it. I am furious.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I had a delivery day/time window confirmed. One more before the window, they sent me an automated email that it was canceled. I had to call them, and after an hour on the phone, I was told I'd get a new delivery date in 1-2 days. 1 day later, I received an email confirmation for a new day/time. They never showed up. 30 minutes after my delivery window ended, I called them, and they stated the truck was not running that day. They then re-scheduled me 5 days later. I was promised a $200 credit for the 2nd missed appointment by Peloton, and they are now refusing to issue the credit. I am disgusted by their customer service and would not recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I ordered the bike October 5. Delivery delayed twice and now supposed to receive Jan 21. Customer service and delivery company were difficult to get a hold of, were rude and provided incorrect and inconsistent explanations. They really could not care less about customer service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

We were to have a Peloton bike delivered with them changing the delivery dates twice because they said they don't have a bike to deliver. A third delivery date was set; on the third try Peloton delivered a defective bike and took it back with the delivery people. I have spent 2 1/2 hours on the telephone trying to resolve this issue as they now indicate the fourth delivery will be Jan. 20. The bike was ordered September 29. It is impossible to work with the same person as it constantly gets passed off to various people and departments. I also have been disconnected twice and have to start all over again. They are virtually impossible to work with and delivery stinks!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I've owned the Peloton bike for 5 years and the Tread+ for 1 year. The bike worked great until it didn't. I had what was supposed to be a simple repair (replacing bearings) which turned into a 3-visit fiasco because 3 different service technicians could not make this simple replacement correctly or diagnose what was actually going on. They just had me continue to buy parts to try replacing.

Bottom line, they cannot diagnose or fix this product. The issue continues with the Tread+. Within 1 month of it being delivered, the deck started making horrible noises. They could not diagnose what was going on, so their solution was to replace the entire 400lb deck. This happened 3 times! 3 decks in 8 months. I was told they could not work on the decks in homes, so the only option was to replace. This is fine until the warranty runs out and you're paying for 1/2 of the treadmill every time it has an issue. The concept for these products is great but the quality and repair options are atrocious for the price. Keep your gym membership.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Had the same experience has 100s of others here. Ordered bike on 10/25. Was giving delivery date of 12/21. That’s was moved to 12/9. I got excited. The night of 12/8 I received an email from XPO logistics to call them to schedule delivery. BTW I had no idea XPO would be contacting me. Everything the previous emails state is that Peloton would contact me. Anyway called XPO and they said the earliest they could deliver was Jan. 21st, 2021. They told me to call Peloton about the fact that my delivery date was 12/9. I called Peloton the next day, they said they had inventory issues and the earliest was in fact the 21st. They could not answer why I had an email saying delivery was the 9th. Real bad consumer experience. I’m sure the bike is great but I canceled my order. The rep couldn’t care less that I canceled and I had a full refund within minutes.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

We purchased Peleton+ in mid-Oct. 2020. At that time we were told delivery would occur on or about 7 Dec. 2020. A few weeks later we were told it would be delivered today (10 Dec.) Delivery Day, but at 11:00 AM today we were advised that it would be delayed again for an undefined period of time. Supposedly we will get a new delivery day in the next 72 hours. Very disappointed with Peleton's delivery service.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I am a personal trainer and have been riding the original bike in my fitness studio for a few months. I’ve been thinking about buying the bike+ for awhile, but was put off by the horrible customer service reviews and delivery nightmare stories. I placed my order yesterday. What changed my mind was a visit to a Peloton retail store. When you order from a retail store, you have an advocate that acts on your behalf to ensure a smooth order and delivery from start to finish. There’s no chance of an improperly placed order, and if it does happen, the associate is responsible for fixing it. I asked a lot of hard questions about the horror stories I read. Her answers were concise, truthful, and accurate. Yes, Peloton is experiencing some growing pains. The demand for their product has increased dramatically in a global pandemic.

Our bike is scheduled to be delivered 8 weeks from the day I ordered it. The sales associate is responsible for making that happen. She is my “person” and I will hold her accountable. I wanted to have the shoes to give my kids for Christmas, since the bike is a big part of their Christmas gift. The shoes are coming with the bike in 8 weeks, but the associate offered to put together a nice box of Peloton swag (for free) that I can wrap up and put under the tree. My advice... If you have access to a Peloton retail store, go there and work with an associate. Even if you aren’t close to a store, you can still call and place your order through them. Ordering online is where you will run into problems.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Placed order for Bike (not Bike+) on September 14, 2020. Delivery has been rescheduled twice by Peloton and now looking at a January delivery date. By the time I actually receive the bike it'll be 4 months from order date, much longer than the possible 10 weeks+ their website states. When calling customer service they don't seem to care whether you keep the order or not. In my opinion this is not worth a $2k bike with a $40 monthly subscription. I will be canceling my order and ordering a bike for half the cost with Apple Fitness+ ($10/month).

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Buyer Beware! Same story -ordered bike, was given a delivery date and now delayed for a month. Customer service rep actually lied about reason and was disrespectful. Disappointed and done with Peloton.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Like many other threads the 12 week delivery date was cancelled the day before delivery. After many calls and emails Peloton provides no information, takes no responsibility and will not provide further information as to when or if I will receive a bike. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

The monitor software has a high chance of not working after a year. Doesn't Matter if you are a frequent user or not of the bike, the monitor goes out and unable to repair. Since it's past the 1 yr warranty period you will have to buy another monitor. They will also request you send back your broken monitor so they can repair it and sell it to someone else. So I'm pretty sure I received a refurbished monitor with my brand new bike. Please beware!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Like many other people who are frustrated with the limited access to gyms brands like Peloton offer a wonderful alternative in an uncertain time. Size, set up and trainer assistance make for a smooth transition into the ‘At home Gym’ experience.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I ordered my Peloton bike in Sept, with a delivery date of Dec 4th. Today is the 4th, and last night I received a call from the delivery XPO company, and was informed that there are not enough in stock and that I would have to reschedule. The frustrating thing is that they have no new timeframe. I have no idea if I will be waiting a week or 3 more months. XPO told me to contact peloton, and peloton told me that I have to contact XPO. Peloton did give me a credit, so I appreciate that, but I still have no idea what to do next or when I will even have a bike. I know Pelotons are great and worth it, but I'm just so disappointed that I found out the day before delivery. With such a huge company, you think they would give us a heads up, or at least make these cancelled deliveries a priority.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I ordered my bike on 8/7/2020. Today is 11/30/2020 and still no bike. Terrible customer service, never any call backs from Peloton, their trucking company XPO Logistics is a joke. My bike is in Portland and I can’t get it 'til December 28th. I am cancelling my order but did want to voice my opinion. I will be purchasing a Hydrow, which I will receive in a timely manner. Peloton has kept me hostage for 5 months. I am so disgusted with my service from peloton and xpo. My biggest complaint is they say where I live is the problem, that’s another lie, because I live in Grants Pass Oregon. I could go on and on but just a FYI.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I ordered a bike October 1st and was told it would be delivered 11/30. Long wait but understandable with how busy they have been. I move my holiday plans around to be home for the delivery and they call 3 days beforehand to cancel. Now they tell me they have no available days for delivery. After speaking back and forth with the delivery company and Peloton I was finally told that XPO has to drive 2 hours to get the bike and bring it to me. Due to this 'long drive' they will call in 2-3 weeks from now to let me know what my new delivery date will be. So I paid these people for them to sit on my money for 2.5 months.

Meanwhile peloton is offering a black Friday sale even though they cannot fulfill the orders they have now. Calling customer service offers no help at all and they just give you generic apologies. Still no delivery date or any idea of an expected delivery month even. I have never been treated like this by a company and it is infuriating. Deceptive marketing, and sheisty business practices.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

You pay 2000 for a piece of equipment. Up front. Told your bike would be delivered a month later. No problem. You’re confirmed the day prior by J.B. hunt they will be there between the hours of 10 and 2. You put off all errands to be home for delivery. 230. 245, 3, 4,5pm —no bike. You contact Peloton. “Oh we’re sorry, the carrier company is closed today it’s Saturday.” Seriously?? No phone call to say they are running late. No email to change date. Unbelievable. Contemplating cancelling the order. Who is at fault- peloton or j.b. hunt? Process review management- whether it’s covid demand or not- someone continuously is dropping the ball.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Delivery was great in terms of time, reliability and friendliness. However the bike didn't work. Replacement came the next day. Every couple of days it just doesn't turn on, and today despite the various resets/cables in and out it won't turn on. So that will be another replacement. Seeing as you pay $3 per day for the membership, the wasted money for me is already at $15 for days lost and I've only had it 2 weeks.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I bought my Peloton and they told me delivery was about 5 weeks away. This was totally to be expected and I was happy to wait. My delivery was scheduled for Nov 25th. On Nov 24th at 2:30pm I get a call from the courier to confirm the bike is at the local warehouse and that delivery is scheduled for the next day. At 8:30 AM on Nov. 25th after 5 weeks of waiting Peloton emails me saying there are delays and they won't be delivering.

I call in to reschedule and the nearest delivery date is now Dec 18th. I tried to get clarification on why, if my bike is 15 miles from my home in the warehouse, will it take an additional 3+ weeks for delivery. They said the warehouse had to close for 3 days (why this triggers a 3+ week delay is puzzling). Peloton has now charged me $2000+ dollars for something that they are keeping very close to my home but will not release it to me. Something isn't adding up and their reluctance to be of any help has been very frustrating. Peloton needs to understand that this isn't a trivial amount of money and not being transparent on their obvious supply chain and logistics issues is a very bad experience for customers who are just left waiting with no answers...

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I ordered the bike on September 17, 2020, and I am still waiting. The first delivery time they gave me was October 17. On October 16 they sent an email to let me know that they were rescheduling to November 24...2 days before Thanksgiving (so convenient). So I waited and waited. The big day came for me to receive the bike, and on November 24, TWO HOURS before delivery, they sent me an email letting me know that a new delivery date of January 15, 2021 would now be the new delivery date. I couldn't believe the nerve of this company. I am not even sure I will get the bike on January 15 knowing Pelotons delivery track record.

This is so maddening. The bike may be great, but odds are you are going to have to wait a very long time to receive it. So far, 4 months and counting for me. They will take your money on the sale of the bike very quickly and efficiently though. Good luck, you may want to take your business elsewhere, or plan on waiting many many months! -Frustrated in Colorado

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I had delivery today. They cancelled it last minute and pushed it out another six weeks. They had several different experiences. I am now moved to the back of the line although I ordered six weeks ago.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Like others in this thread, Peloton wholly misrepresented the delivery time for my bike. Originally three weeks after ordering. Then I received a call delaying it three weeks. Then the days before that I received a call delaying delivery 6 weeks. They have no stores. The business model is all about managing supply chain. They MUST HAVE KNOWN they could NOT deliver on their stated times. This is deceptive sales practice. They blame it on their "delivery service" but it is Peloton's supply chain. DISMAL.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I ordered the newest Bike+ on September 26th 2020. 3 days ago I called Peloton and they advised that XPO who deliver had Dec 13 2025 yes 2025 as the delivery date. That I would get a call from XPO within 48 hours with new delivery date. No call and today Peloton reached XPO and have me scheduled December 22, 2020. That XPO is to confirm with me over the phone within 24 hrs or I am to call Peloton again. I cannot believe this service. Reading all the reviews this appears to be a huge problem.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

This bike is an investment. I know it’s expensive but if you have the space, I highly recommend getting it. I like how the videos ate extremely motivational and it feels like you are in a class at the gym.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I ordered a Peloton Bike in August. I waited 14 weeks for it to arrive which is longer than anyone else I know who has ordered one. It arrived and my power was out so the delivery guys said they didn't have time to come back and set it up so I set it up myself. Fine. 6 hours later, they knock on my door telling me they gave me the wrong bike and they have to take it back. 1. It's a pandemic. 2. I already waited 14 weeks. 3. I already had all my info in the bike including credit card. 4. I already used it! I told them they couldn't take it and shut the door. So pissed off! Now, they want to charge me more money for mistakenly giving me the wrong bike. I mean??? Is this normal???

Peloton Company Information