3.8/5 (844 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

We ordered Peloton 2 months back. We were told that there is a backorder and we will receive ours after a month. A month turned into two months. The delivery date was assigned to us without asking whether it is convenient for us or not. When we called to change the delivery date to a more convenient date, we were told it will be another month and a half before we can get another date by end of Feb 2021. This is Ridiculous! Poor customer service, horrible delivery management. Why has their incompetent management team resigned? Looks the company has no systems in place. And pls for a $45bn Valuation company, “these are growing pains” seems equally laughable. Their CEO John Foley shall take responsibility and either shape Peloton up or ship himself out.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

After much debate and searching, I ordered the Peloton bike. I thought I was very thorough with the operator when I ordered the bike; saying repeatedly I did not want to pay a monthly membership fee and asking was this needed to use the bike and access the library. I asked several times when ordering, during setup the bike and on the phone when disputing the monthly fee if this was needed to use the bike. I was charge a service fee after 9 days, I sent an email stating I did not agree to a membership fee. The representative gave me a free 30 day free trial and lead me to believe I would have access to the library. I told the representative this was not necessary as I would never use the live classes. I was lead to believe I only needed the membership for live classes.

Today 38 days after delivery I was told I needed the membership to access the library. I asked to return the bike and was told no; under no circumstances could I return the bike. They could however tell me the best way to resell the bike... I even said I was willing to pay a restocking fee. I have no problem taking responsibility for my misunderstanding. Maybe I was not clear enough (even though I thought I was pretty clear). I fortunately can afford the 50 dollars a month but I hate feeling misled into something that I did not agree to and I feel that is what happened here. This has tainted the bike for me and made me feel saddened by the whole experience. I will not use this bike solely because of the representatives who misrepresented this product.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Ordered early October and booked a delivery appt while in the store. 1st available appt was tomorrow Dec 29th. Delivery company XPO called me 4 weeks ago to confirm Dec 29th. Said I would get a call the day before with 3 hr window. 6pm tonight and still no call so started a chat with customer service on Peloton app. Told me my delivery is now Feb 2 due to no product. No call or email to inform me at all. I had to reach out to them. The delivery date is now after my free trial for the app expires (if it actually shows up) so they offered me a token money back. Called it a refund which I explained it is not. It is a condolence gift for terrible service and supply issues. Maybe one day the bike will arrive and I’ll be happy, but at this point I feel like this company is a dog and pony show.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I ordered the Bike+ On Oct 10 and chose the earliest available date, Jan 2. A couple weeks later, I got an email notifying me of new delivery windows and moved it to Dec 7. On Dec 6, I received an automated email of the new date, Dec 28. Not great receiving bad news through automated email, but it was still earlier than my initial date so I was fine with it.

Today, 4 hours after the scheduled delivery window, I receive an automated email of a new date: Feb 22. 4 1/2 months after the date I bought it. What makes it worse, according to Reddit there are people who ordered on Dec 25 in the NYC area who received their bike today and of course plenty of people who ordered after me who are now ahead of me in the delivery line. I’ve cancelled the order.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

We bought the Peloton Tread in January. In November the belt started to get loosen. And that’s when our nightmare began. Countless phone calls. 3 promise dates to swap/repair the machine. Peloton blames their delivery company. All kinds of excuses. Every time we called a different agent had a different excuse. Now they moved us to February. They are just lying through their teeth and they don’t care. Don’t buy machine because when it needs some service, you will not have it.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

This company has the worth customer service I have ever experienced. I had to call them 19 times yesterday to correct an order. I was hung up on several times. My name and street was misspelled. Worst.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I ordered a Peloton Bike+ on October 19, 2020 based on a 6 week delivery (per Peloton). I received a confirmation email stating that I would receive the bike on November 30, 2020. Five days before my delivery date I receive another email saying that the delivery date has been changed to December 22, 2020 because my Peloton Bike+ had been delayed in transit and had not arrived at the local delivery center. Despite this email, I continued to get emails and texts confirming my original delivery date, so on November 29th I called Peloton to get clarification. The customer service agent apologized that I was receiving conflicting information, but did confirm that my delivery had been moved to December 22, 2020 between 8-10am. As we are in a pandemic and supply chains have been disrupted around the world, I thought ok, no big deal.

Fast forward to 12/22/2020 when I waited HOURS for delivery to no avail. After three hours and no contact, I called customer service where I waited on hold for 30 minutes. When I finally reached a customer service rep, the agent I spoke with put me on hold again to contact the delivery team. After about 10 minutes he came back on the line and told me that the delivery team was not working on this day and I had been rescheduled for FEBRUARY 18th. When I asked why, he said this was the earliest available appointment.

I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor as I find it absolutely absurd that I am paying for a product that I have yet not received. I asked the supervisor to walk me through the issue at hand and she said that the product (Peloton Bike+) is in Alexandria, VA - about 20 minutes from me - in a Peloton owned warehouse - but because the delivery team did not deliver to me on the date assigned to me BY Peloton - I was essentially moved to the back of the line. I asked to speak to her supervisor to escalate the issue up the chain of command and she said that she was the top of the line and that if I had anything further to add that I could share it with her and she would take it to the team.

This is absolutely no way to run a business!! Without my asking she said they credited me $200 for my "inconvenience". I don't want a $200 credit, I want the PRODUCT that I ordered in October and was promised delivery in November. I believe Peloton is grossly misleading customers into placing orders and taking their money just to keep them on the hook. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Just like many others, we ordered a bike and was told it would be about a 3 month wait. Later informed our bike was coming early and were super excited. Later contacted and told the delivery company would be calling the next day and we would receive the bike on the following Saturday. No delivery, no call. We called the service department and we’re told the bike would be here on Dec 19th. We had to constantly call, be on hold forever, be told something different each time and if we disputed what they said we would be told they would call back. Over and over——HORRIBLE service. We now have a March delivery date when the bike should have already been delivered. It is a scam to keep your money. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I purchased my Bike + on October 2nd. Was confirmed a delivery date of Nov 24. Date was then pushed back to December 20th between 12:00-2:00. On Dec 20th at 2:00, I called and was told the delivery was running 1 1/2 hours late. At 3:30 I called back and was told my delivery was cancelled and is now pushed back to FEBRUARY!! How can it be on the truck and now it's February. I called 4 times and was given inaccurate information each time. Terribly run company with terrible service. Consumers have choice and I will now choose another bike.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I ordered my Bike+ on 10/7 and was given a 11/30 delivery date, which I was okay with. 4 days before it’s cancelled and changed to 12/21. Now the day before cancelled and changed to 2/19/21. No real answers as to why this is happening or any help has been given this entire time. Customer service gets “disconnected” and they just send me generic emails after. Completely unacceptable for a “high end” company.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

--After waiting 2 months for the delivery of my tread on -12-19-20 the day of the delivery, I waited all day to find out the tread will not arrive anytime soon. No interest from Peloton to provide meaningful info. I CX the order because the slap in the face they wanted to give me to "compensate for the missed delivery and lack of information" and I will dump the stock because if this is the way they treat customers....forget it. Stay away.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I ordered a bike two months ago and it was scheduled to be delivered yesterday. It was intended to be a Christmas gift. No one at all contacted me to let me know it wasn't coming. I had to call them. They basically said it's been delayed with a delivery date next month. They have horrible customer service, no one acknowledged that they didn't have the professional courtesy to let me know that my bike wasn't coming. Not one person called me, or texted me or emailed me. However I did get a nice email asking about my delivery experience and bike today. Unprofessional company, customer support that has no discretion except to apologize. Lot's of bad reviews just like mine. Not worth the hassle and apparently the bike doesn't perform up to standards and those people just get the same run around with a faulty product. I will never promote this company and will repeat my experience to as many review sites as possible.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Ordered my Peloton back in August, with an original delivery date in Oct. Without going into detail after 3 scheduling changes and notice the DAY OF shifted delivery (Dec 10) to wait until Feb, I left!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I ordered the Peloton Bike+ on 10/11/20. I was given a firm delivery date of 12/21/20 and was just told today (12/19/20) that my bike would not be delivered until 03/10/21 due to a factory shortage. I purchased my bike at the kiosk at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. I spoke with a Peloton representative this morning and they confirmed the bike would not be delivered until March 2021. I was told great things about Peloton's products and classes by 2 co-workers. I was not told about how it treats its customers and does not honor its commitments. I cancelled my order today and am returning all the accessories as soon as I get the shipping return label. I am going to take my business to a company who takes care of its customers and honors its commitments. What an extreme disappointment Peloton turned out to be. I would give Peloton zero stars if I could.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I bought a Peloton bike in April 2020 and generally had a good experience for the first few months. In June 2020, I ordered a second bike for a home in Maine and was promised a delivery date in September. That date came and went with no contact from Peloton. I spent endless hours trying to sort out the issues on the phone and found their entire customer service network to be impotent. I ended up buying a Nordic Trak bike and have found that to be a superior product in every way (classes, quality of bike.....etc).

Furthermore, recently one of my Peloton shoes broke a clasp after 8 months. Absolutely, no willingness by Peloton to stand behind product. Being an avid road biker, I have owned shoes from Bontrager, Specialized and others and have never seen such poor quality. Point of fact, Specialized warranties their shoes for 2 years. While the pandemic has been a boom to Peloton, I am confident that others will eventually wake up to the fact that this company does not make an acceptable product and is unwilling to stand behind it. Beware of Peloton. It may be a cult product today, but it is not a customer centric experience.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I will provide only facts here, and you can decide for yourself. April 2020 - signed up for free trial membership that lasts until July 2020. July 2020 - trial ends and subscription charged to credit card. August 2020 - decided to cancel subscription and stopped accessing subscription. Followed directions to go to iPhone subscriptions and cancel subscriptions. August thru December 2020 - subscription is still charged to credit card. December 2020 - contacted Peloton to get refunded for cancelled and unused subscription from Aug-Dec. Customer service advises us that only 3 months can be refunded and we did not cancel the membership and that it was the trial that expired. The Subscription screen shows the subscription expired Aug 9, 2020. Peloton has horrible customer service and/or misleading business practice with their app and membership policies.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I ordered my bike in early October and was told it would be a 6 to 8 week delivery time. Which I completely accepted. I’ve had two delivery dates canceled and now I’m being told I will not have it until February. The customer service is absolutely horrible. They mislead the truth, lie, and blame it on their delivery company they outsource. Every “manager” I spoke to said they would look into it. I am furious.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I had a delivery day/time window confirmed. One more before the window, they sent me an automated email that it was canceled. I had to call them, and after an hour on the phone, I was told I'd get a new delivery date in 1-2 days. 1 day later, I received an email confirmation for a new day/time. They never showed up. 30 minutes after my delivery window ended, I called them, and they stated the truck was not running that day. They then re-scheduled me 5 days later. I was promised a $200 credit for the 2nd missed appointment by Peloton, and they are now refusing to issue the credit. I am disgusted by their customer service and would not recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I ordered the bike October 5. Delivery delayed twice and now supposed to receive Jan 21. Customer service and delivery company were difficult to get a hold of, were rude and provided incorrect and inconsistent explanations. They really could not care less about customer service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

We were to have a Peloton bike delivered with them changing the delivery dates twice because they said they don't have a bike to deliver. A third delivery date was set; on the third try Peloton delivered a defective bike and took it back with the delivery people. I have spent 2 1/2 hours on the telephone trying to resolve this issue as they now indicate the fourth delivery will be Jan. 20. The bike was ordered September 29. It is impossible to work with the same person as it constantly gets passed off to various people and departments. I also have been disconnected twice and have to start all over again. They are virtually impossible to work with and delivery stinks!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I've owned the Peloton bike for 5 years and the Tread+ for 1 year. The bike worked great until it didn't. I had what was supposed to be a simple repair (replacing bearings) which turned into a 3-visit fiasco because 3 different service technicians could not make this simple replacement correctly or diagnose what was actually going on. They just had me continue to buy parts to try replacing.

Bottom line, they cannot diagnose or fix this product. The issue continues with the Tread+. Within 1 month of it being delivered, the deck started making horrible noises. They could not diagnose what was going on, so their solution was to replace the entire 400lb deck. This happened 3 times! 3 decks in 8 months. I was told they could not work on the decks in homes, so the only option was to replace. This is fine until the warranty runs out and you're paying for 1/2 of the treadmill every time it has an issue. The concept for these products is great but the quality and repair options are atrocious for the price. Keep your gym membership.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Had the same experience has 100s of others here. Ordered bike on 10/25. Was giving delivery date of 12/21. That’s was moved to 12/9. I got excited. The night of 12/8 I received an email from XPO logistics to call them to schedule delivery. BTW I had no idea XPO would be contacting me. Everything the previous emails state is that Peloton would contact me. Anyway called XPO and they said the earliest they could deliver was Jan. 21st, 2021. They told me to call Peloton about the fact that my delivery date was 12/9. I called Peloton the next day, they said they had inventory issues and the earliest was in fact the 21st. They could not answer why I had an email saying delivery was the 9th. Real bad consumer experience. I’m sure the bike is great but I canceled my order. The rep couldn’t care less that I canceled and I had a full refund within minutes.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

We purchased Peleton+ in mid-Oct. 2020. At that time we were told delivery would occur on or about 7 Dec. 2020. A few weeks later we were told it would be delivered today (10 Dec.) Delivery Day, but at 11:00 AM today we were advised that it would be delayed again for an undefined period of time. Supposedly we will get a new delivery day in the next 72 hours. Very disappointed with Peleton's delivery service.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I am a personal trainer and have been riding the original bike in my fitness studio for a few months. I’ve been thinking about buying the bike+ for awhile, but was put off by the horrible customer service reviews and delivery nightmare stories. I placed my order yesterday. What changed my mind was a visit to a Peloton retail store. When you order from a retail store, you have an advocate that acts on your behalf to ensure a smooth order and delivery from start to finish. There’s no chance of an improperly placed order, and if it does happen, the associate is responsible for fixing it. I asked a lot of hard questions about the horror stories I read. Her answers were concise, truthful, and accurate. Yes, Peloton is experiencing some growing pains. The demand for their product has increased dramatically in a global pandemic.

Our bike is scheduled to be delivered 8 weeks from the day I ordered it. The sales associate is responsible for making that happen. She is my “person” and I will hold her accountable. I wanted to have the shoes to give my kids for Christmas, since the bike is a big part of their Christmas gift. The shoes are coming with the bike in 8 weeks, but the associate offered to put together a nice box of Peloton swag (for free) that I can wrap up and put under the tree. My advice... If you have access to a Peloton retail store, go there and work with an associate. Even if you aren’t close to a store, you can still call and place your order through them. Ordering online is where you will run into problems.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Placed order for Bike (not Bike+) on September 14, 2020. Delivery has been rescheduled twice by Peloton and now looking at a January delivery date. By the time I actually receive the bike it'll be 4 months from order date, much longer than the possible 10 weeks+ their website states. When calling customer service they don't seem to care whether you keep the order or not. In my opinion this is not worth a $2k bike with a $40 monthly subscription. I will be canceling my order and ordering a bike for half the cost with Apple Fitness+ ($10/month).

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Buyer Beware! Same story -ordered bike, was given a delivery date and now delayed for a month. Customer service rep actually lied about reason and was disrespectful. Disappointed and done with Peloton.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Like many other threads the 12 week delivery date was cancelled the day before delivery. After many calls and emails Peloton provides no information, takes no responsibility and will not provide further information as to when or if I will receive a bike. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

The monitor software has a high chance of not working after a year. Doesn't Matter if you are a frequent user or not of the bike, the monitor goes out and unable to repair. Since it's past the 1 yr warranty period you will have to buy another monitor. They will also request you send back your broken monitor so they can repair it and sell it to someone else. So I'm pretty sure I received a refurbished monitor with my brand new bike. Please beware!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Like many other people who are frustrated with the limited access to gyms brands like Peloton offer a wonderful alternative in an uncertain time. Size, set up and trainer assistance make for a smooth transition into the ‘At home Gym’ experience.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I ordered my Peloton bike in Sept, with a delivery date of Dec 4th. Today is the 4th, and last night I received a call from the delivery XPO company, and was informed that there are not enough in stock and that I would have to reschedule. The frustrating thing is that they have no new timeframe. I have no idea if I will be waiting a week or 3 more months. XPO told me to contact peloton, and peloton told me that I have to contact XPO. Peloton did give me a credit, so I appreciate that, but I still have no idea what to do next or when I will even have a bike. I know Pelotons are great and worth it, but I'm just so disappointed that I found out the day before delivery. With such a huge company, you think they would give us a heads up, or at least make these cancelled deliveries a priority.

Peloton Company Information