3.6/5 (650 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

We purchased a Peloton bike months ago and 2 delivery dates later, still no estimate on when we could expect it. We were told that Peloton doesn't even track their own product so they don't even know where it is and they blame COVID and shipping problems at the port rather than taking responsibility. If we hadn't asked for the local delivery number (to get a time window), we would have sat around all day waiting because they don't even send a email stating that the bike has not been received. We are not alone... I am regretting my purchase already!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I will explain the whole situation since there is some good and bad parts and I don't want to leave anything unsaid. I ordered a Bike+ for my wife for Christmas this year, I ordered it on November 27, 2020, I was thinking 4 weeks should be plenty of time to have one delivered. Well upon ordering I realized I may have ordered a bit late, it was slated to be delivered the beginning of January. That was a bummer but it was my own fault so I lived with it.

Fast forward to the Monday prior to delivery, I chatted with support to confirm the delivery date, the rep stated I would get a call the day prior to schedule a time. The day prior came and went, no call, my wife took the day off work to receive it and still no call at this point. So I get onto chat with support once more, this time the rep tells me that it's not coming till likely the end of March... WHAT!? How is it going to take till the end of March to get this Bike+ when I ordered it in November, so I requested manager assistance. Hours passed no call or email from a manager, so I went back to chat with support, this guy assured me he would call before the end of the day.

At home, my phone rings at 6:30, it's the manager, he was nice and apologized. He credited my account $160.88 for my troubles, while I appreciate the discount, it is clearly not an acceptable amount for the amount of time I've invested into getting the Bike+ and the terrible customer service I've received from the get-go. He reached out to me on two separate occasions to move my date to its final destination of February 17th, 2021, 83 days until I receive my order, 3 payments will have been due or about to be due by the time I get it.

The $160.88 credit barely covers the cost of a pair of cleats to use the bike, that is unacceptable and you would think that after leaving a review for the agent and speaking to a service rep again, explaining my feelings toward the situation, they would remedy it in some way. They have not even attempted to, I'm appalled by the lack of service and treatment of the customer, especially someone new, now my first and lasting impression of this company is that they couldn't care any less about doing the right thing.

I even went as far as calling NordicTrack and they told me they could have their top of the line bike to me for $800.00 less and within 14 days. I'm hope nobody else is having to deal with the same service and it doesn't happen again, but if you're going through it you should ask for your $160.88 credit since the rep told me they didn't give it to everyone affected which is a bunch of crap if you ask me.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

My wife ordered a Peloton bike on 12/03/2020 and it has been delayed multiple times. I have called customer service weekly and just this morning was told that they now cannot speak with me only my wife. We were on speaker phone together and the representative said that I was not allowed to talk that only my wife is allowed since she placed the order. I cannot believe that sexism exists in today's climate. The money to purchase the bike is shared in our household, the monthly subscription will be on my credit card and yet I do not have a voice? Why was customer service allowed to speak with me for the past few weeks? We asked multiple times to speak with another person or manager and he would not escalate the call. He told us due to our zip code delivery is delayed.

We have friends that ordered bikes weeks after us and have received them. One is in Fairfax, VA and the other is in Leesburg VA. I and my friend in Leesburg called the warehouse that supports us and was told that bikes are in stock but they do not have the delivery personnel to satisfy the demand. How does it make sense that a bike was sent from Arlington, VA, passed by my house in Reston and was delivered in Leesburg!! Also note that we were told we would receive a refund on 01/14 of $132 and have yet to receive it. The rude customer service rep told us today that the refund was on hold and he just released it. Why was it on hold? Did Peloton think we would forget? It has been weeks!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Beware of the ordering process. They charged me in full up front before they told me I would have to wait over 90 days for the "soft" delivery date. Sorry but I did not agree to loan them money and they try to get you to borrow the money from the bank to do it. What a scam that a consumer is expect to float their cash like that. When I asked them to give my friend the promised $100 credit for referring me, they refused because I already paid. What?!?! That was the final straw. Order cancelled!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I am going to be discussing facts regarding my Peloton experience. I have used Peloton products and love the apps and the actual bike itself it is a great product however the customer service and delivery experience has been more than pitiful. I have never been treated so poorly and had worse customer service in my life. I ordered my bike November 11, 2020. My first delivery date was scheduled and it was 2 months later. I would call and follow up as the date got closer and they said everything was scheduled to be delivered on time.

I received an email the day before stating that they had to reschedule my date and they scheduled it before contacting me a week from the delivery date they could not provide (which is not bad). The weekend came that they were supposed to deliver I had the space set up and stayed home for that window of time they were supposed to show up and they did not notify or tell me it was rescheduled ONCE again.

Fast forward to today which is February 3, 2021 and I am on my FIFTH RESCHEDULED DELIVERY. I understand with the pandemic things have been hard and stressful however terrible customer service for a very expensive piece of equipment is unacceptable. I have called countless times with countless reschedules, I have been hung up on and talked back to by customer service representatives. I was lied to about reschedule deliveries and the customer service agents and "leadership team" has told me they can give me a hand towel and water bottle to apologize. They also refunded me $200 out of $3,000 to make up for the terrible experience. Leadership also likes to give you a direct email contact so that you don't have to keep calling on the phone. The leadership person emails you about 2 times and then disappears. I am not even sure they give real customer service names.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I tried to post this review on the Peloton Web Site - oddly after many careful attempts I kept getting the same error "one or more fields are invalid".... perhaps my 1 was what they felt was invalid. We ordered on November 13th, my delivery was initially very early January - it was then delayed until February 1st; Once delivered they did not finish assembly - I had to install the monitor myself and the water bottle holders;

I was very disappointed to learn after spending $2800+ I could not use the bike without buying shoes for the family or toe clips for another $40 - this is not clearly stated or articulated anywhere and is not even an option for purchase on the web site - it is like Peloton is intentionally hiding this to grab an extra $40 from people. It's not about the money it's the principle - charge me $50 more in the original price and send me the toe clips included or at least be transparent so I know up front. To sneak it in is disgusting;

Finally my 15 year old son's feet simply don't fit into the toe clips I paid extra for so he can't use the bike and the toe clips which the rest of us can use are pretty crappy and uncomfortable. I am sure Peloton is aware that some of their customers feet will be size 10 or more - so their product offering should perhaps meet the need. I would also think as a premium bike you would want to offer quality accessories especially if you are going to trick people into buying them. When we learned my son's feet did not fit in the toe clip baskets I inquired what my options were and I was told I could buy him shoes - shocker - somehow all roads lead to buying more stuff.

When you pay for the highest priced product in a market segment I think it is pretty reasonable to expect great customer service and a product that matches. The service felt indifferent, the business practices lack integrity and the product does not live up to its hype. The worst part is that we would need to wait for months if we return the bike and buy one of the other highly rated options we were considering. Peloton you have disappointed my entire family - any one of these issues in its own right is easily forgiven with a bit of empathy and contrition - the seeming indifference of the customer service staff with a long list of issues is inexcusable. We were really excited about the bike at a time when it's nice to have something positive to look forward to and when having the ability to be active is so crucial. Peloton blew it and ruined it for my whole family.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

We purchased our Peloton bike in March 2020. We loved it initially but it broke in October 2020. We waited almost 3 months for it to be fixed and it broke again the same day it was “fixed.” We have since been waiting over 3 weeks to even schedule another repair and have been told “there is nothing we can do.” Additionally, the one-year warranty on the broken parts ends next month and Peloton has refused to extend this warranty even though the parts are still not fixed. The bike is great when it works, but that seems to be only half the time and the customer service for repairs is beyond terrible. Would not recommend.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Pre-install support. Extremely poor customer service. I placed my order back about 3 months ago, they re-scheduled my installation a few times with no real explanation. Their call center is outsourced to god knows what country. Every time I call their customer service they read me a boilerplate template answer. They don't care if I cancel or not. Left many messages for supervisors or managers, so far no one has contacted me. I wonder how is the after-sales service?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I live in Alaska, so I was expecting a long wait time. I never imagined I would still be waiting at 20 weeks for my bike to arrive. Peloton had given me a 6-10 week estimate for delivery when I ordered. Then they later emailed that it would be 2-4 month delivery wait. It has now been 4.5 months since I ordered the bike in September. Peloton has no idea where the bike is in the shipping process. I call and email every week for an update and they keep saying "it is expected to ship this week". It never does and when I call their delivery company XPO, they say that they do not have the bike and I need to contact Peloton. I have just been going in circles and have wasted many many hours calling and emailing. They do not send bikes out by the order date...My friend who lives in the same town as me, ordered in October and her bike was delivered in December. I am going to be calling them this week to cancel the order and will be buying an Echelon.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I wanted to report my experience trying to get my Peloton. I ordered my bike plus on Nov 15 2020. I was charged the full purchase price at the time. The bike was scheduled for delivery Jan 6. With no notice to me, my order was delayed 3 times. Each time my order was delayed I was never notified. Multiple other people I know have received their product even though they ordered 6 weeks after me. The company offers no explanation for the haphazard and disordered scheduling procedure. They apologize but do not correct the error. I have called at least 10 times and spent excessive time on the phone trying to rectify the situation with no resolution.

I cancelled my order 2 weeks ago and I was notified I would receive my refund in 10 days. After again calling multiple times , I have now been told it will take 30 to 60 days to process a refund. Basically, I have not received the product after 10 weeks and my refund is being held hostage. This company has no ability to fulfil their obligations. In addition, they do not seem to be interested in returning money after cancelling an order. I would never recommend this company. I know the product has good reviews on using it but the customer service is nothing short of appalling. Order at your own risk ....

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Purchased the unit on 12/12/20 for my wife even though they said it would be 3 weeks until they could deliver. They did, however, promptly charge me the full $4900. We anxiously awaited the delivery on 1/8/21. We received several emails in the preceding days telling us to get ready and confirming the date and that the delivery company would call us the night before with an exact time. Not knowing the time, I went ahead and took the day off work. I received an email the afternoon before the delivery date to call them.

When I called they said the unit had never arrived and would need to schedule me out three weeks until 1/29/21. That was frustrating and very disappointing. Fast forward to the week of 1/29/21. Just as before, I received several emails earlier in the week stating the unit would be delivered that Friday 1/29 and all the things I need to do to be prepared to accept delivery. I once again took the day off. Thursday (1/28) arrived and still no call or email. I finally called them just to be told the unit has still not arrived and now it would be sometime in March but would not commit to anything. I don’t care how good the product is, this is a terrible way to treat your customers and manage expectations.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I ordered bike 11\13\20. Was advised delivery date of 12/28. Did not know I was being charged in full until I got my credit card bill. I placed several calls to move up delivery but was told no way to change delivery or get refund until my bike shipped. I also asked about upfront charge and they had the nerve to say everything gets charged when it's shipped that is normal. I responded by saying but the bike has obviously not shipped. This company has poor customer service by choice. They cannot deliver because they do not have enough bikes to accommodate the orders they are taking. Reps are well trained to give you lip service, they all stick to same script. They will continually apologize and are polite but cannot help in any way.

My Delivery was then moved to 1/11/21. I decided to wait but then 2 days before I received an email changing delivery to 2/25/21. I called again. Spent 1 hr on hold. Was told bikes held up at loading in LA. Then spoke to "manager" who stated I was misinformed and was sorry. My bike was coming out of Secaucus NJ (not Freehold close to my house where they said it was coming from in December) but it was closed until the 12th. Was promised a call on the 12th with assurance of a earlier delivery date. Never got call.

I called back again on Friday and after 1 1/2 hours, I continually got lip service and no chance of earlier delivery. I also asked why several of my friends and family who had financed their bikes but ordered it 6 weeks after myself got their bikes as promised. One rep told me that that they were all lucky and someone must have canceled at the same moment they ordered their bikes which was why they their bikes. What an insult! At one point the manager contradicted herself in one sentence. I called her on it and she said "I did not contradict myself". I said, "Yes you did." I then quoted verbatim her contradiction and her next response was, "Oh yes. I guess I did. I'm sorry on behalf of Peloton." I told her I would be contacting Amex to dispute charge and she told me she did not blame me.

It is clear that if you pay upfront they keep you waiting essentially using your money for their convenience. That money goes into their balance sheet and as a publicly-traded company this should be investigated by SEC. It appears that Peloton is more motivated to deliver bikes to financed purchases so they can get their grasps on that money too and I guess it's something in the contact they have with the 3rd party finance company the use. I have contacted Amex to dispute this charge. Peloton can take a hike. I heed all those considering doing business with them to RUN!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

My Tread was only two months old and the belt was sheading. Sept 25 Peloton sent 3 guys to my home to check out the problem with treadmill, They were not sure why the rubber tread was shredding so they said they needed someone else to come see it, that never happened. After repeated calls on 10- 7 peloton said the base needed to be replaced. It took until January 3rd to replace the tread. My service issue was completely ignored, and I had to call and email so many times for approximately 70 days to have peloton replace the tread.

Unfortunately, peloton replaced the tread with a defective motor. Again, I had to keep calling and sending emails. I was told I had to wait another 30 days to have the tread replaced on January 3rd. I waited the 30 days and now I receive this email canceling and I’m told I have to wait another 30 days until February 2nd. Most emails are ignored and if I receive a response it's vague and does not answer any of my questions asked. To date peloton is taking 120 days and all of this communication to have a NEW treadmill Serviced. I'm still being ignored and my Treadmill sounds like a broken muffler!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I purchased a bike in early November as a gift. The website advertised a delivery time of 4-6 weeks for the Bike and 8-10 weeks for the Bike+. I decided to get the cheaper model primarily because it would arrive in time for Christmas. Only after the purchase was I informed that the earliest delivery available would be late January. I called weekly, hoping that someone would cancel or that supply would increase and I would be able to move the delivery date up. Finally, the week before Christmas, they were able to move my date up by one week to January 16. The company offered free Christmas cards to be mailed out to gift recipients so that there could at least be something to put under the tree. I thought this was a nice gesture, however, they weren't even capable of getting the cards mailed out in time for Christmas.

The week before our delivery date, I made plans to be home all day on the day of delivery. I received a confirmation email 3 days before. The email told me that I would receive a phone call or text the day before delivery to set a specific window of time during the day. I never received that call. Delivery day came, and I waited all day. After waiting on hold for about 45 minutes, I got through to someone who told me not only that I would not be receiving my bike that day, but that there were currently no bikes in stock at all at the warehouse. They had confirmed a delivery date, knowing that there was nothing available to deliver.

The customer service agent told me I would receive a call within 48 hours to reschedule. 5 days later, having received no call, I called again and waited on hold again. The agent told me that they are expecting inventory to be replenished sometime in March, but can't say when. The agent told me I should call back every week until March to check and see if any bikes were available. If this weren't a gift for my spouse who has been dying to have one of these stupid things, I would have demanded a refund long ago. I am convinced that I have been lied to from the beginning.

Peloton, be honest and tell potential purchasers to expect delivery in 5-6 MONTHS, BEFORE they make the purchase... or at least inform your customers when you're not planning to deliver the product on the scheduled date... or at the absolute least, don't confirm the delivery date with your customer a few days prior when you know there are no bikes available to be delivered. Worst buying experience of anything ever. I expect better from a company I purchase a $20 item from, let alone a $2,000 item. Stay away from Peloton. Buy a $300 bike from another company that does the exact same thing, and you'll actually be able to use it within the next year.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I ordered my wife a Peloton bike on 12/2 and knew that due to Christmas and the high demand that it would take some time to arrive. The Peloton website offered me certain dates at which I could have my bike delivered. One of the earliest dates was 1/19 (Today). They sent me all the emails about "Get ready for your Peloton" etc. then no shipping window was sent (as a previous email stated would happen). No email today about shipping window, no email about shipping delays. No communication whatsoever. So I reach customer service and they say "Oh, your order hasn't even arrived at our distribution center yet." What??? But they provided me with a delivery date...

There was no remorse, nothing they could do for me, no recompense for me spending almost $3,000 on their bike that they can't deliver. Just a scripted answer of "Well your membership won't start until your bike arrives". What a horrible company. They must have spent all their money on marketing (Constant commercials during Christmas) and none on their distribution pipeline. Obviously when it comes to customer service and customer satisfaction they could care less after they get your money. If I was an interested buyer I would look elsewhere. This company isn't even close to being professional or accommodating due to their own shortfalls. Completely fraudulent when it comes to their delivery timeline. Hopefully when the bike arrives its quality and their classes are better quality than their delivery and customer service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Same story as everyone on here. Purchased on 10/5. Spent almost $3000 for a package. Bike+ delivered on 11/30 but it was defective. Peloton set up for a delivery on 1/18. ZERO COMMUNICATIONS! No emails, no calls, no texts. I called Peloton about what time my bike will be delivered.. They said won't be delivered today. I have talked with 4 different agents via chat on Peloton website. One of them said reschedule on March 4. "PELOTON SHOULDN'T SELL THE BIKES IF THEY DON'T HAVE INVENTORY." Just Took the money and keep saying wait 8 wks then we are having escalating issues please wait another 8 wks? What kind of business is that?? Such a Terrible Horrendous order experience even after spent $3000. PELOTON YOU ATE THE STEAK YOU PAY FOR THE STEAK YOU. CAN'T UN-EAT STEAK! :P Bye Peloton. I am canceling.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Updated on 02/10/2021: We ordered the bike months ago with a promised delivery date. Then a few days before delivery, we get a notice that it'll be another month and a half. They claimed it was a regional shipping issue... no bikes were getting to our region due to logistical issues. After much frustration, we accepted it. Then, we find out a friend a few miles away who ordered several weeks after us just got their bike delivered, on time. If you've already been screwed over, they'll keep you screwed over in favor of maintaining a good image to newer customers. They're a horrible company. Go elsewhere.

Original Review: You're probably better off getting something from a company that actually has product. These guys sell sell sell, but don't actually have inventory. So you are promised a delivery date about 8 weeks out. And then, a few days before it's supposed to arrive, bam! You get an email with zero explanation saying "Get ready for your delivery! Delivery date: Mar 5th". My original date was Jan 15th. So there you go. I order it in the fall, expecting to use it during winter months, but they're now telling me it'll be here just in time for spring. Like I said before... the product looks great, but the company seems to be horrible at making customers happy. Do yourself a favor and get the lower priced alternative that's actually in stock. That's what I should have done.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Same story as everyone on here.. Waited 2 months for original delivery, already paid for the product, and now got a text update three days before my scheduled delivery that my delivery was delayed another TWO MONTHS. No way to get through to customer service so far.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

My very kind wife decided to purchase me a Peloton bike as a surprise for my 50th Birthday. She thought she planning ahead when she ordered in early November for my mid-December birthday. She was disappointed when she was given a Jan 16/21 delivery date. She confirmed the delivery at the beginning of the delivery week, and was told to expect a phone call after 4pm the day prior to the delivery to confirm the exact time. Well, the call never came. She called that night, but of course they were closed. She called on the morning of the delivery date and was told the bike was now coming at the end of February, and that there had not been a delivery scheduled at all. What? How badly set up is your delivery system for something like this to happen? I have told her to ask for a refund in full. After reading the comments on this page, I would not want to risk being a customer of this company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The bike seems great at first. After 50 hours & 1K miles it had two major problems which point to low quality materials and construction. The bearings in the front wheel and the axle needed to be replaced. In comparison, my road bike has over 15K miles and no issues (high quality). Unfortunately a broken, low quality bike was only the start of the problem. I called service and after some back and forth with calls, videos, and emails they had diagnosed the problem. Service was scheduled later in the week and I was provided an order that included the service call and all the parts necessary for the repair. Seems like things are moving in the right direction.

The day of my service visit, the technician misses the scheduled window. I call support to inquire but am left on hold for over 45 minutes. I then try the chat feature. I do actually get to speak to someone but they pass me off to a third person before there is someone willing to help. They tell me not to worry, the technician is just running late.

The whole experience is now seems reminiscent of cable repairmen from the 90s. Then things get worse. The technician calls and says they are running late but on their way. The technician then indicates that he doesn't have the parts needed for the repair. That seems strange given the order for the technician and all of the parts. Why would you create an order to tell the technician what needs to be fixed along with the necessary parts if you aren't going to use it? He finally shows up. He examines the bike and informs me it is broken..... Wow, I and the support line knew that a week ago when the repair ticket was issued. He says he will fill out a ticket to let the next technician know what needs to be fixed when they come out.

Does this seem like a vicious circle to you. Identify problem --> dispatch someone to fix --> come out and identify same problem --> schedule someone else to fix. Very inefficient process of a small, immature company who cannot meet their customer commitments. The technician next informs me of a small catch. The parts I need have been out of stock at the warehouse for a few days. I rescheduled meetings for an afternoon for a service appointment that apparently never needed to occur.

I express some frustration, but the tech tells me hey don't worry. Don't worry I have a 125 bike paperweight in my office, don't worry that I purchased a low quality product, don't worry that Peloton's customer service is horrible, and don't worry that they are not sure when they will fix the broken bike. The final insult is when I tried to post a review that provided accurate, constructive feedback on the Peloton site it was removed. Maybe they keep their high overall score by removing the bad reviews.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I am extremely disappointed that my order was pushed from 1/20/21 to 3/2/21- especially after being told on 1/4 by Peloton’s customer service that there were no delays on my order and it would be delivered on 1/20/21. I was really excited about the arrival of my bike as it offered an opportunity to connect with my sisters (also Peloton owners) on rides and competitions. Instead, I feel like I was misled by a company that is using its hype as a point of leverage over its customers.

I had heard multiple complaints from friends and others online about Peloton’s order delays, but chalked it up to people who like to complain. Instead it seems like there actually is a massive order management issue on the part of Peloton, and that inability to relay accurate information to me is why I cancelled my order. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB, and will continue to find ways to bring attention to these order issues through online forums and other means so that others are not misled.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

PLEASE heed the reviews and comments of those who have written about this company. They falsely advertise delivery dates they CANNOT HONOR and charge you at the time of purchase for the product. I bought a bike in November 2020 w/ a delivery date of Jan. 21, 2021. Okay, long lead time, but I assumed the wait was worth it since the product is great. Now, it's a week before my delivery and I just received an email my bike would be delivered March 3rd. MARCH 3rd?! I already took out a line of credit (at the time of purchase) and have been making the payments! This company will take your money without the internal organization or understanding of how to properly manage their warehousing and operational needs. I don't buy the excuse that "the field operations office" needs to manage the supply of bikes efficiently, and therefore needs to postpone my delivery. Really? You had 6+ weeks to figure that out?

On top of this, their customer service does not respond and are incredibly unhelpful. You will find yourself on hold for an hour to get the same response over and over. They don't offer you a credit or money back, either. I can't believe how awful of an experience it has been with these people. Please go with another brand; the stress and lost money is NOT worth it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

They created a new delivery delay partial refund policy right before they sent out a batch of delivery delays and put the policy into effect for those that purchased before it was created. They expected the full price of the bike at purchase even though the wait is so long it is a back order at this point and refuse to compensate in any way for extremely long delays.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

We ordered our bike+ back in November, 2020. The expected delivery dates at the time were 6-8 weeks out. Once purchased, it showed the soonest available date to be mid-late January (8 weeks). We rescheduled trips, jobs, etc. around the delivery date. They rescheduled our order without warning 4 days before it was due to be delivered to a date another 7 weeks away...Basically pushing us to the back of the delivery line. When I called to see why this happened, I waited for 30 minutes to talk to someone. I was met with a suuuuper pretentious and sarcastic agent that ultimately told me to "cancel if I don't want to wait."

I clearly wasn't getting anywhere, so I reached out via chat. I was told that they are doing everything they can, but the pandemic has delayed delivery. Ok, but we are a year into the pandemic, how is this still a problem for you? And WHY are you still giving delivery estimates of 8-10 weeks on your website right now when you clearly cannot fulfill those? I was assured that I was not pushed to the back of the delivery line and if an earlier delivery time opened, I would automatically get it. Uhmmm no, that's not true, because you can call them and get earlier delivery times. I know several people in my area that ordered after me but have already received a bike.

This begs the question, "why Peloton?" One of their competitor bikes is highly rated and about a 1/4 of the cost (and still works with their app, among others). "Well the competitor bikes just aren't as good," you say? Even IF it's not built as well as the Peloton, I could buy four of them and get them TODAY for the cost of one Peloton and 15 weeks of waiting. It's hard to reason with that valuation...

This company is doing well on paper, and looking to increase sales by at least double again this year. They apparently also acquired a company to help with delivery services back in December. Customer service and logistics is clearly not their strong suit, and it doesn't appear as though they have any plans to rectify the issues. If they don't start taking better care of the customers who have paid $4k for their bike and equipment, they will find themselves like every other tanked exercise equipment company. Once the pandemic is over, people will be back to the gym, and trying to sell these 4K bikes that require a $39 per month membership.

So do the math... Ignoring time value of money, 1K a year over four years for the bike and equipment (never-mind that you will probably need to replace shoes, etc. within that time), PLUS the membership at $39 per month for the classes, is pushing 6k, or $125 per month for four years, which is a lot more than a gym membership, even in a larger city like mine. Add on the fact that unlike a gym membership, this isn't something you can just quit or cancel... You own it. If you get injured and can't ride, or you lose your job, you are locked into that 6k for four years. I urge other customers to do your research. Unless you are a pretentious, uppity buffoon that cares about being trendy and having something others don't (or can't afford), this is simply a scam. There are a ton of other options out there that are a WAY better value.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Updated on 03/10/2021: Following up on my review from January 13, 2021. The saga continues and it's important that any potential buyer understands the history of customer experience failures. January 13, 2021: after 2.5 months of waiting for my bike+, it arrives. Clearly it wasn't quality checked before pushing it across my doorstep as it doesn't work. January 13-14, 2021: hours on the phone with customer and tech support to trouble shoot the problem, eventually to be informed a full bike frame swap needs to happen and that the sooner this can be done is March 25, 2021.

January 15-25, 2021: many emails and calls where I'm promised they are trying to push for an earlier date to replace the frame, but it required me to do the follow up even though I was promised I'd be provided an update. Finally told I might get a replacement frame by Feb 28th. January 25, 2021: I inform Peloton customer service that I want to return the bike at which point I am informed the soonest that they can remove it from my home is March 26th and that it would likely take until mid to late April before I receive a refund.

March 2nd I get an email notice that voila! my replacement frame has been shipped. Clearly Peloton forgot to cancel this. So I email twice to inquire. No response. I call, explain everything all over again (clearly customer call records are not maintained), they put me on a brief (20 more minutes of my life) hold, and I get disconnected. I call back, go through the process again, I get told that I cannot the shipment of the bike frame as they implied I would be responsible if it got lost on the return. I am assured I will get a call back from hardware services in 30 minutes to clarify. No one calls me back.

March 3rd I call AGAIN, give the details all over again and I am assured that a) I can decline the delivery and b) that I will get confirmation of the bike return and refund. No confirmation is provided. March 5th - the XPO (delivery partner) technician arrives to do the frame swap - apparently Peloton forgot to cancel this too. March 9 - replacement handlebars arrive (they forgot to cancel this too).

In summary (but not likely in conclusion), I am no closer to getting the bike returned, I now have additional product I do not need, and I have no idea when I will get my money back. No one from Peloton reads these apparently. It's a marketing engine whose supply chain can't keep up - RUN RUN RUN AWAY!

Original Review: Peloton bike + arrived finally today. The bike frame is apparently damaged and now I have to wait another 2 months before I get a New one. This is after 2 months for the actual product to arrive. What did my over $4000.00 investment get me? High blood pressure and sheer disappointment.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I ordered a bike on 11/14/20 and it was scheduled for delivery on 1/15/21. Today 1/12/21 I was informed there are no bikes so earliest delivery is 4/7/21. Seems like fraud to me to sell and collect payments for a product the company does not have! Check out Facebook, lots of folks are having the same experience.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I ordered my bike in early October of 2020 and one week later decided to upgrade to the new model. The order was received by Peloton on October 25th. I have received 3 promised delivery dates and each time have received no bike, or no phone call stating that the bike would not be delivered. After many many calls to customer service over the past three months, I finally got a representative on the phone that stated there was no inventory. Had I know this, I would have kept my original order for the older model bike. I have now cancelled my order because Peloton cannot even give me a new delivery date. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have now ordered a Nordic Track and have been promised a 3 week delivery. Fingers Crossed!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Another false delivery promise by Peleton. I won't repeat the details - similar to all the others - promised date within a few weeks, last minute notice of a 6 week delay, I asked they ship direct so I can assemble-they won't, I asked they not charge my credit card till AFTER delivery (they won't). If I had known how bad it was I would have gone to the competition. I REALLY think they are artificially boosting sales and hence stock price. They should be investigated by the SEC.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Back on 11/16/2020, I purchased a Peloton Bike+ Works Package with a 27-Month Bike+ Extended Warranty for $3,248.61. The equipment was to be delivered on 01/05/2021 in which case it was canceled by Peloton the night before on 01/04/2021 at 9 PM by email stating "Unfortunately, your order has been delayed in transit and has not yet arrived at your local distribution center. As such, we need to reschedule your delivery. We are truly sorry for this inconvenience." I emailed Peloton and never received a response back in regards to the next steps and then after calling several times and being on hold for over 40 mins I reached an employee that stated that their delivery partner will be reaching out to me within 72 hours to schedule me for the next earliest available date.

I waited over 3 months patiently since 11/16/2020 for the delivery of my bike, I took an unpaid day off work to be available for the delivery of the bike, and at the last moment at 9 pm the night before they canceled the delivery stating that my order was delayed in transit? They had 3 months to prepared for this. I am dismayed and appalled that I have not heard back from them in receiving an update on getting my bike while they have my complete payment for the purchase. They are like a scam, Never again!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Bought the Peloton Bike October 28th, 2020, received an email the next day that my delivery date would be January 12th 2021. I understood at the time that it might take a while with the demand so high. On January 11th (today) received my call from the shipping company that they have to reschedule my delivery due to such high demand and the date they gave me was April 2, 2021. That would mean I will have purchased the bike October and it would take 156 days for me to receive it. That said, cancelling Peloton and buying the NordicTrack S22i. Don't bother if you expect to receive the bike in under 3 months. There are some other options now out there that might be able to do what you need for less.

Peloton Company Information