3.8/5 (887 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Peloton does business with a delivery company called Allegro. They are HORRIBLE! Missed several delivery dates. Called Peloton to advise product not received and asked if they can contact Allegro, told they have to the same number and would have to wait as well. Hold times for both companies is unacceptable. Maybe you will have a better experience than I, good luck. I don't have time to waste and and because the cost of the product isn't cheap, their service should be much better.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

This company is a nightmare! My experience keeps getting worse! Worst customer service of my life. I ordered the machine the end of August. On first delivery, Oct 8th, the machine arrived broken. Promising a quick resolution, they left a pile of broken parts that occupied half of my garage floor for two months, rendering the space unusable for a car. When finally promised a new delivery in Early November, I took off work a second time to have the treadmill delivered. Instead, on the afternoon of promised delivery (after I had taken off from the hospital), they called to cancel. I scheduled a THIRD delivery for December 3rd between 3:30 pm and 6:30 pm. Again, after I took off work for the delivery, they called at 3:30 pm to cancel and to say they would reschedule.

For those two months, I had half of my garage taken over by the Peloton parts they dumped on my garage floor. Promising resolution, it wasn’t until the moment of proposed delivery did anyone call to tell me that the machine wasn’t going to be delivered. After all three attempted deliveries, I wasted hours on the phone with your company. On those first three deliveries, I asked if they could collect the pile of parts occupying half of my garage. On each occasion, I was told “this will be escalated”. Nothing was done. How would you feel if a company delivered you a pile of broken parts that made it impossible for you to use half of your garage?

Finally, on December 9th after two months of having the Peloton in the garage, they brought a spare part and assembled the machine in my workout room. Unfortunately, it didn’t work! They scheduled a repair for today the 14th (the 5th time that I’ve taken off work), and I was told that I need a new part. Trying to schedule a new delivery of the part, I was told Thursday Jan 6th (which I absolutely cannot take off from the hospital), or FEBRUARY 11th!

The machine was supposed to be here OCTOBER 8th, and now you are talking FEBRUARY 11th. Not to mention the fact that will be the sixth time that I’ll have to take off work, and that you left a scrap pile in my garage for two months! I have had Peloton parts for three months, but haven’t had a functional treadmill for even one second.

Every time that I have a problem, I’m told that it will be escalated, but nothing is done. I ordered on day 1. I have taken off work five times for delivery or repair. I have never been given advance notice of delivery issues. I had an unusable treadmill preventing me from using half of my garage for two months, and now I have an unusable treadmill in my workout room. Your customer service is terrible. If my wife didn’t want a Peloton treadmill, I’d cancel my order and advise everyone I know to stay clear of your company. Again, the worst customer service that I have ever received.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

You came here because maybe you're on the fence, or your instincts are telling you to do more research. It is, after all, an expensive non-essential purchase. Don't do it. Customer service is TERRIBLE. Delivery partner is TERRIBLE. Peleton store over-promised. Waited a month for bike to be delivered. Delivery cancelled at 5:30 pm on day of delivery and then offered a ridiculous explanation for it (It wasn't actually a delivery date after all, I was "mistaken".) Next available delivery date offered was ANOTHER 6 weeks out. Cancelled as no faith it will be delivered, and the bike has already been charged to my card. Cancellation took MANY calls to employees that were new/high/didn't care. No credit or apology offered. Destined for failure unless they are bought out.3

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I am 18 year old kid who graduated a year early, worked through Covid and decided to buy a Peloton treadmill for my dad for the holidays. It was set and delivered to him on Veterans day, perfect, that's why I bought it for him. He is a 100%disabled veteran and I bought it for that reason. It was delivered, never worked right, monitor issues? I called and text 1,000 times it feels like. Spoke to everybody I could. I was told $200 refund, 3 months payments and it would be fixed ASAP. I was excited. But here I am they never fixed or really cared. It sits at my dad's house never used. They now say they can't pick it up for another 8 weeks and said, "Keep making payments. You will be refund in full." This is my first experience in life with customer service and wow. I just want to thank my dad for his service and apologize to him. He told me hard work pays off. I guess Peloton never heard this or really cared about the product.

I want to say to the CEO I think his name is Mr. Foley you have a real problem with your customer service Sir. I know you will never see this but I thought I would just let you know the problem. A military discount and supporting the military is important and they always give their best. I just wish peloton did. Merry Christmas anyway and I hope that they will pick this up soon and refund it in full. Have a great end of your year Sir...

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I received my Peloton tread on a Friday and it didn’t work due to an error issue. It was disappointing to have a non working tread delivered. However, Peloton informed me that a technician was scheduled to come the following Monday. I was fine with that as it wasn’t too long of a wait to get my tread working. Monday morning, I went into my Peloton account and saw that Peloton rescheduled the technician appointment for Friday of that week. No one from Peloton contacted me regarding the rescheduled date.

I called Peloton and spoke to a supervisor named Julianne who informed me that she couldn’t tell me why the appointment was rescheduled. She offered me another appointment for Wednesday but I wasn’t confident that Peloton would follow through since they rescheduled the first appointment without my knowledge. I decided to call back and spoke to another supervisor named Quinn who scheduled my new appointment for Wednesday. As I expressed my concern about the prior cancellation of the Monday appointment, I asked her how can she guarantee that this appointment wouldn’t be rescheduled too. She stated numerous times that she doesn’t want to give me “false hope” and that she cannot guarantee that the new Wednesday appointment wouldn’t be rescheduled too. I informed her that this was unacceptable and as a customer, I want to have confidence in their company doing what they promised me when scheduling the appointment.

Quinn then began to dismiss my concerns and stated that nothing in life is guaranteed and that anything can happen between now and Wednesday that may lead the appointment to be rescheduled (she started talking about the weather and other unpredictable things). I told her we were addressing two different issues; I’m concerned about Peloton not keeping their promise to repair their treadmills and keeping their promise to come out and fix it and she was making excuses for Peloton not being accountable to their word of repairing their products for customers.

She then began to talk over me and get loud and seemed quite upset that I wasn’t going to accept her excuse of “things happen that is beyond Peloton’s power”. However, no one was able to tell me why the original appointment was rescheduled in the first place. She then became angry while I tried, as a customer, to deescalate her unprofessional tone and emotional outburst. However, Quinn (a supervisor) then disconnected the call. I couldn’t believe it. I filed a complaint with Peloton but it seems that most of not all of the employees who deal directly with customers are not properly trained in customer service. Peloton’s company needs to properly train their employees as I don’t see this company doing well if these issues are not addressed.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Ordered my bike in September. Was told it would be delivered on Halloween. No call no show from them so I called. Was told due to COVID issues they didn’t have the product. Reschedule my delivery for Sunday November 28th. XPO Logistics called to schedule my delivery. Hmmmmm…. Thought I had a delivery date of November 28. I was told by XPO no Sat or Sun delivery in my area. Called Peloton support to find out why I was scheduled twice for delivery on a Sunday when there wasn’t delivery on Sun in my area. Well I was told they thought I was in Tampa, Florida. So…. I was told my bike would be delivered on the week of November 29th through December 4. XPO logistics called on Dec 4 to “schedule” my delivery. Once again thought I had a delivery date. Next available date would be Dec 19th through the 24th.

I asked exactly what day during that week would my bike be delivered. XPO Logistics said that was just the date they would call to schedule a delivery. When I explained the previous delivery dates/schedule dates I was told well they are 189 miles from me. Why is my bike 189 miles from me when there is an XPO Logistics 60 miles from me in Amarillo? Peloton delivery is there is what I was told. Called Peloton and requested a full refund to which now I have waited a week to get this part worked out. I’m currently waiting for an email from Peloton explaining how I will get my full refund. Highly dissatisfied with Peloton and XPO Logistics customer service and ability to complete orders. I do not recommend Peloton or XPO Logistics.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I’m very disappointed with what I view as deceptive sales practices. I bought a Peloton Bike+ in early November and was told by the salesperson that I'd get the Black Friday deal when it was announced in a week. As prior military, Pelton offered me a free accessory kit (once verified). The overpriced accessory kit wasn't a big motivator for me, but it was free so why not. When the Black Friday deal of $350 off a Bike +was announced, I called in and claimed it. They were very helpful and said I'd get back $350 plus tax.

Perfect. When I looked at my credit card receipt a couple weeks later, they only credited $150 plus tax. I had to call in to learn that the $200 free accessory kit counted towards my discount. Had they told me this up front I wouldn't have asked for the kit (and frankly, might not have even bought the Bike+). Now I am having to box back up the accessory kit and go down to the UPS store to drop off the three separate boxes to get the full discount I was promised. No military discount at all. Thanks for absolutely nothing, Peloton. You've turned a previously satisfied customer into someone who will never recommend your product or services to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I ordered a bike from Peloton on 11/14, they confirmed a delivery for 11/19. It never came that day. When I called customer service they transferred me to 3 different people and told me it was a routing issue and they said they would personally see it was taken care of. After a week, I never heard anything so I called customer service and they once again said they would deliver it. So another week went by, I never heard anything and then I got an email saying my delivery was scheduled for 12/3. I waited all day, it never came. I then checked my delivery status to see it changed back to “need to schedule a delivery.” So I called customer service once again, only to hear it was a routing issue. I ended up canceling my order. I really wish I would have read the reviews before buying this bike. This seems to be a very common issue.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

We have the Peloton bike and love it. We thought we would buy the treadmill as well. We purchased it in September. At the time of purchase the estimated delivery time was 2 weeks. A week later, we finally got a delivery date in writing - 5 weeks. I was actually okay with that. I took off work to be there for the delivery. It never showed up. I called customer support. They said it was on its way and would be delivered that day. So I called the delivery company. They said that not only was it not being delivered that it was never on the schedule for that day. Peloton then gave me a redelivery date a month later.

I take the day off work again to be home for delivery and no Peloton. When I called Peloton customer support they again assured me that it was being delivered. I again called the delivery company and was told that it wasn’t scheduled. They then offered me a delivery date 6 weeks later. I asked to speak to the manager and she apologized and gave me a delivery date of one week later. She guaranteed me that it would be here.

Like a broken record, I took a third day off of work and once again, no Peloton. I called them at 8:30 in the morning to make sure they would be there. They assured me they would. Since I didn’t trust Peloton’s customer support, I called the delivery company again. They told me that they didn’t make deliveries on the last day of the month, even though their manager had scheduled it. They then offered me a delivery date another month out. I was livid and asked to talk to the manager. They said she couldn’t come to the phone but that they would deliver in a week. I now have a delivery scheduled for next Tuesday which is 11 weeks after I purchased the treadmill.

I can’t believe that a company as large as Peloton apparently has not control over their delivery partner - XPO Logistics. When they give you a delivery date (in writing) they have no idea if it is going to happen or not. When you call Peloton customer support (and hey, the people were nice and sympathetic) you get a list of excuses and then they tell you that they’ve rescheduled it and assure you that it will be delivered. When it doesn’t show up they do the exact same thing.

I will have taken four days off work for the delivery of this treadmill. I have no idea if it will actually be delivered this time or not. When I asked for a delivery guarantee in writing from XPO Logistics, they assure me they will send me one, but nothing is ever sent. When I ask to speak to a manager at either company, I’m told they will call me back. I am still waiting for the first call. I hate to say it, but if I had to do it over again, I would never buy anything from Peloton. And by the way, I’ve already paid for a treadmill that I don’t have. Horrible experience!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Just took delivery of a new Peloton Tread... The delivery guys assembled the treadmill, turned it on and it wouldn't get past the calibration program before an error occurred. The delivery guys couldn't troubleshoot the problem, so we called customer service... The serviceman sounded like he was either drunk or stoned, and had no idea how to fix the problem, suggesting that they needed to send a repair technician to replace a part on the BRAND NEW treadmill. Instead of admitting that they delivered a broken treadmill, the delivery guys left as if nothing was wrong. I've been stuck on hold now for over 75 minutes (and counting) waiting for someone to explain why I was delivered a 400 lb brick.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I work hard for my rewards every year and save my codes for holiday gifts (worth $1250). I had no idea they expired after 6 months (this must be new), so I did not know to scroll to the bottom of the email and read the greyed, fine print warning of an expiry date. After going through 3 layers of customer service, no one cared to make any changes to the current issues of lack of transparency, and did not give me new codes (mine barely expired). I have been a loyal Peloton customer for almost 4 years, have a bike and tread and pay for 2 memberships. This is messed up and I have had nothing but poor experiences with Peloton customer service. The chat rep was nice but unhelpful, the apparel phone rep was rude and unhelpful, and the apparel supervisor could have cared less he speaking to me. No one did anything, feels like they don't give two craps about a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Our son bought us a Peloton Plus around August 16 or August 17 and broke on Oct 9, 2021. They could not send anyone until Oct 22. We asked one of their upper team to extend the warranty by the time that it takes them to deliver a new bike and they refused. On oct 22 we get a call from Xpo Logistics that their truck broke down and they can come the following Friday Oct 29. We called Peloton and they said they are coming on Oct 25. We waited a whole day called them twice and second time we were told their truck broke down, and they can come on Oct 28. We are disputing the full charge of the bike, we had enough of Peloton.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Placed my order over the phone and the rep messed my order up. So he said he would cancel it. He recreated my order and he never cancelled my original order and I now have to wait for the extra package to come in and I have to send it back before I receive a refund.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I’ve been very satisfied with both the quality of the bike and the classes offered. There’s a wide variety of workouts and instructors, so it never feels like I’m repeating the same exercises. And it made working out during the pandemic when we were stuck in our house so much easier.

Original review: July 20, 2021

We wanted to love this bike and I guess because of all the hype. It was delivered and we rode it once then it shut down. We called and were transferred to the service dept. The service dept tried to fix it over the phone. No Luck. We were told it would take 2 weeks and a half to have someone over to look at! We purchased the Peloton Bike+ and the time frame to get someone out to our home to fix was unacceptable. I spoke to a manager and said there was nothing they could do. So we returned it. This all happened within the first 30 days. Peloton these Bikes are flying off the shelf, get more service people on staff. We purchase a Nordic Track. Not only was it 1,000.00 less the service time is 2 to 3 days. We Love our Nordic!

Original review: July 18, 2021

I owned a Peloton Bike for over 3 years. Let me rephrase - I owned NINE Peloton bikes over the course of 3 years. Let me explain why. First - when I initially got my bike - it was great. The first several months - no issues at all. After four months - the bearings on the flywheel needed to be replaced - that's fine. It's under warranty. However when they replaced the bearings - they didn't seat the flywheel properly and I was left with a broken bike. Okay - so they extend a bike swap to get a new bike. Done - no problem. I get the bike and within a couple of months - bearings again. This time - instead of just replacing the bearings, they bike swap me.

This is where the story turns ugly. They sent a USED bike - handlebars worn, bike frame misaligned - you name it. I couldn't ride it that well - I called again - okay now I am on bike swap number 4. At this point - they did compensate me the 27 month extended service plan for free. That's fine - but honestly - I just want a working bike. So that's four bikes within one year of the original purchase. Then bike #4 has noise issues after several months - I call Peloton - yep you guessed it - another bike swap.

Now this bike frame was the best frame I got since the original one. I was very happy - except a few weeks later - noise coming from the drivetrain to the flywheel. Instead of sending a tech to fix - they wanted another bike swap. I didn't want another bike swap - the frame was perfect (as others were not beyond the 1st one) and so I pleaded for a tech - and they refused. Fine - another bike swap.

This is where things really get nasty - so the bike had several problems. The handlebars were misaligned - I found that the metal on the base of the bars were off so it sat tilted. The frame was "bent" which I now realized half of my swaps were with bad frames. I called it in and said - yeah you need to swap me again. Gave them all the pictures to demonstrate there was a big problem.

Three swaps later - the problem only got worse. Bike #9 was so bad that it was completely unrideable. Customer service continually lied to me - I asked for the serial number, month year, and location of the frame manufacture - they don't have it. I'm like that's impossible since their website shows a serial number format on the new bike that does detail that information. The serial number stickers on my bike swaps after bike #5 were fake - basically they take used parts - malformed whatever - and create swaps out of them. A product that has that much brand quality tied to it superficially - this stinks.

I took all of my pictures - my entire account support tickets - every single conversation I ever had - all the pictures of a torn apart bike to prove my case - to the MN Attorney General's office. They sent a demand letter to Peloton - and at that point - they offered me my full refund. I have all of this documented for anyone to see. Steer clear of Peloton. I bought a Stages SC3 and it's amazing. Anyone that knows about spin bikes knows Stages makes the best ones. I've never looked back. Steer clear of Peloton.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Multiple delivery reschedules. Peloton gives you a delivery date and then 3 days before delivery XPO verifies day only not time. Day prior xpo gives time but we had 5 reschedules before we got it. All canceled by xpo day prior and they only deliver to my local on Sundays. Then after 2 weeks the screen failed. Took weeks to get new one shipped and then would have been another month to get tech here to replace so I figured it out. The next week the resistance knob stopped functioning. Called and was told they would send a new part but I couldn’t schedule a service tech till I received part as techs don’t carry parts.

Tech came a month later and told me replacing the part wouldn’t fix it. I needed a new frame. Called Peloton and this rep said of course that part wasn’t the issue and confirmed need for new frame. Xpo said 5 more weeks for new frame. Called peloton - they can’t tell xpo what to do!! Told them to pick up bike and give me a omelette refund and that they apparently can do. Stay the ** away from this co. And these comments are only the highlights. One messed up co.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The purchased basic cycle was delivered June 24, 2021. Also ordered was accessory Peloton spinning shoes woman's size 38 with the specified delta cleats. The spring setting on the delta pedals was set low by service folks who delivered. My wife didn’t test the shoes while service people did the delivery, given she tried the same setup at the showroom which worked great.

When she tried to ride later that day, she found it was impossible to click in. Needed too much force. After I adjusted the pedal spring tension on both shoes to the lowest possible tension (where the screw was loose on both shoes), she was able to click in left shoe (after a few tries) but not the right. I helped her click in by forcing the spring latch at the back of the pedal forward. After that, it was impossible for her to click out using foot rotation. I helped her get out of left shoe by grabbing her left shoe and forcing the rotation. I couldn’t do the same on the right shoe. I needed a flathead screwdriver to back out the spring latch. I was kind of surprised with all this given we were using only the specified peloton stuff. Also this problem shouldn’t be chalked up to be beginner's ignorance. I have about 30 years cycling experience with clipless pedals for mountain and road bikes and my wife, about 4 years mostly spin classes with clipless pedals.

After the experience, I took the peloton pedals off and inspected how the shoe mounted delta cleats engage the pedals. It looked like more than one problem. 1. The rubber pad on the cleat definitely interfered with the body of the pedal causing the need for large force to rotate the shoe out. 2. The (plastic) cleat and the way it was mounted on the rounded part of the shoe seemed to be incorrectly design toleranced or poorly injection molded or both for correct engagement to the pedal spring. The whole arrangement seemed sloppy.

I spoke to peloton service about this explaining everything above, and they offered to send new cleats which are identical to the ones we already had. I asked how is that going to work? They said it did for somebody else. So, that and the fact that it is “beyond category” difficult to walk with delta cleats, we chucked the $150 brand new peloton shoes and the peloton “delta cleat only” pedals (peloton offers no other choices). We switched to SPD, which I now have respect for, which are all metal designs for cleat and pedal engagement), nothing needs to be bent, and most SPD shoes are totally walkable, even on wood floors.

With working pedals, our experience with the peloton system is they did a great job on electronics/software/integrated display and diversity of classes and courses offered, and flywheel transmission and brake system, however the design and function of the three adjustments for seat and handlebar are feckless and inexcusable at the price range the product is offered.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Honest upset product review about Peloton as I'm not sure what else to do to get help. :( I have left reviews, calls and chats for customer service and I'm not sure what else to do! On June 8th we had a brief power outage at my home. Ever since the Peloton Tread+ receives power (the light on the bottom glows that it is receiving power) but the machine is in fact completely dead. After reaching out to customer service, I was told on 6/16 someone could come and replace the monitor as that was the problem. Two nice gentlemen were here for no more than 5 minutes. They replaced the monitor, said that did not fix the issue, and that I need a new base and u-bar to see if that will fix it.

They first said they will be back in a few hours, then came back a few minutes later and said they would be back the next day. The next day came and went, and with multiple chats and calls it was determined that nobody ever made an order for the new parts that were needed. I was told that an appointment would be emailed to me multiple times. Finally I demanded a new tread+ since it is not even a year old and dead. I was told that July 22nd they will come back hopefully with the new parts if they are in, and that due to the recall there are no treads to replace our dead one with. I am very upset.

For the price of the tread + I am extremely dissatisfied with the Peloton experience. My tread is still not fixed, and it will be another month until it will be attempted to be fixed. This will be over 1.5 months without a working tread. I am feeling like I do not matter as a customer and that all the effort and commitment to my fitness is now going to have to begin again. So there is horrible financial, emotional, and physical results in the fact that the tread died and is not being repaired or replaced in a timely manner. How am I supposed to recommend your products to people if you yourselves don't stand behind them?

I have left unsatisfied reviews now a few times and have heard nothing back except asking for more reviews. I don't understand how you can charge so much and have such poor and insufficient customer service. If you can't stand behind your products, then the fact that you make amazing products doesn't really matter. I plan to share this experience until hopefully someone will take notice and help us, as this is so upsetting to me. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Where do I even start with this. My experience with Peloton has been nothing but a headache. My brand new bike that we waited months for is broken and there is not even a window of time after a month of phone calls for it to be repaired. So I’ll start at the beginning I guess. Peloton ordered in November. Scheduled delivery for end of December. Delivery scheduled and cancelled the day before due to not having any bikes in stock and supply chain issues. Delivery rescheduled to February. Was given a window of time for bike to arrive. Made arrangements to be there. Time came and went. No show on delivery. Call peloton and they said sorry no one contacted you. Supply chain issues. They could not give me a date, they will contact me with one.

We finally took delivery of bike in March (yay) and we were enjoying using it. One day while riding in May there was a pop noise then the pedals just completely locked. I reported the problem to peloton immediately. They gave me a probable cause for the issue and sent a part to our home. I was told a tech would call to schedule an appointment in 7 days. More than seven days passed and I called peloton. They followed up with tech and also gave me the number to the third party. I tried calling and could not reach anyone at that number. Called Peloton again. Said they are escalating the repair and someone would call me. No one called. Called again. Still I’m nowhere with them. I don’t even have a window of time for the relatively new bike to be fixed.

This was a huge purchase for us. A luxury, really. I regret ever buying this bike. I feel like an absolute sucker and this whole experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth. Lesson learned. Peloton, the world is opening back up. Take better care of your customers. I for one would never recommend your company. After this whole experience I have only gotten “I’m sorry”. We’ve been paying for this bike for 7 months and we’re barely able to use it for 3. Absolute disappointment.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Tried to put this review on Peloton’s actual website but they blocked it, stating “it did not follow the peloton review guidelines.” My peloton was delivered 8 April 2021, by 22 May 2021 the lower receiver of the bike was already unserviceable. When I contacted peloton they shipped a new part and said a technician would get ahold of us to fix the bike. Never received a call. We called again, they said we should go direct with the company that handles service calls (Select Express). Select express said you have to wait until a technician in the field accepts the service request. Long story short we have waited over a month and we have no idea if someone is ever even going to come fix the bike. Terrible customer service once the bike is delivered and they have your money. Would not recommend unless you want a really expensive decoration.

Original review: June 12, 2021

My wife purchased a couple's package plus bike a little over a year ago. Bike seems to be ok. Except for HR monitor. Her HR monitor works most of time but mine never has worked consistently. I have reached out for support multiple times regarding my heart rate monitor. During my Last ride my HR recorded at 60 to 65 for first 15 minutes and 230 bpm for the final 15 minutes. I was out of patience. I reached out for support because I was giving up after fighting this issue for last 12 months and requested that Peloton replace the HR monitor. But surprise… accessories are only covered for 30 days not the longer 12 month warranty for the bike! Their lame solution was to do a factory reset. Like that would work? So buyer beware! Peloton doesn't believe their Heart Rate Monitor will really work or really should past 30 days.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Ordered a bike over 7 months ago and still haven't received it. I've been receiving notifications saying my bike is ready for delivery for months now and every time I call to schedule nobody seems to know where my bike is nor the reason why it can't be delivered. I understand delays can happen but 7 months and counting is unacceptable. Terrible business.

Original review: May 20, 2021

So purchased a package for the bike. When you land on the bike page (https://www.onepeloton.com/bike) it states 12-MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY. When you chose a package nowhere does it tell you that not really true... Today I reached out to support because after months of troubleshooting a bad Heart Rate Monitor, the rudest rep possible basically gave no crap and told me the warranty on this specific Peloton product was 30 days. That's right Peloton doesn't think their Heart Rate Monitor will really work or really should past 30 days.

Doing research online will lead to tons of people with similar issues. So here I am with a useless accessory that Peloton sold me, one they don't really plan to support or warranty though. Considering everything I've been reading in the news I shouldn't have been shocked that Peloton really doesn't care about what happens after their product gets to you. So want to get a bike? At a very minimum don't bother with the accessories but at this point, while the bike is good, you might want to actually find a company that stands behind their products.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Very rarely do I feel compelled to write a review. Typically I only find myself in that position when a company goes above and beyond my expectations in such an extraordinary way that I have to tell the world about it. The other set of circumstances that compel me to review a company are when my experiences are so bad that I feel like my only ability to find a sense of justice is to leave a negative review. This review is being compelled by the latter.

I believe that it is important for me to further preface my review of Peloton by stating this is only a review of my experience with Peloton after-sales customer relations management, not of any product/service that Peloton sells. I have not nor will I ever have the chance to review any products/services they sell. Their customer service and after-sales management of customers is that bad. My experience is one of miscommunication, dishonesty, and a level of incompetence that is so staggering that I will never even think of purchasing or recommend to anyone any product/service that Peloton has or may have in the future.`11

My saga with Peloton started when I ordered a Peloton Bike+ and some accessories to go with it (shoes, water bottles, bike mat, etc.). I at the time of order and payment, Peloton quoted me a delivery date of May 15th. That was surprising to me because I had read several reviews of customers waiting much, much longer for their products. I was so surprised by the delivery date that I reached out to customer service the day I placed my order to confirm that delivery date. It was confirmed. I was happy to wait.

On April 30th, Peloton notified me that my accessories order was ready to ship. Peloton informed me that I should expect delivery of my accessories order between May 4th and May 7th. Included in my shipping notification were two tracking numbers, I assume, because my accessories order was expected to arrive in two shipments. The window of May 4th to May 7th closed without the arrival of my accessories order. Giving Peloton the benefit of the doubt, I waited until May 13th to reach out to Peloton customer service to ask where my accessories order was. At the time, I was concerned that my Peloton Bike+ would arrive before my accessories order. Silly me.

So, I contacted Peloton customer service on May 13th. I was told that "We have received communication that there is still movement on these packages" I should not worry; my order would arrive on or before May 15th. I purposely had Peloton quote a specific date, which they were very reluctant to do. This information surprised me because before contacting Peloton, I spoke with FedEx, the delivery carrier for my accessories order. FedEx informed me that of the two tracking numbers I was given, one did not exist, and the other did represent an actual label, but FedEx had not noted movement or scans against that label. When I presented that information to Peloton and asked what other information they had regarding "movement" on my accessories order, Peloton continually deflected my questions but reassured me that my package would arrive soon.

During this call, I also asked about my May 15th delivery date, which Peloton confirmed. This interaction was the first sign that Peloton is only concerned with getting customers off the phone as quickly as possible. They have no actual interest in solving customers' problems. It seems that their customer service philosophy is to kick the can down the road, wait and see, and maybe we will create a situation so frustrating for a customer they will give up, and we won't have to worry about actually doing what we have promised to do. It was during this interaction that I was lied to by Peloton for the first time. I left the interaction confused and frustrated at Peloton's lack of transparency, but Peloton reassured me that at least my Peloton Bike+ was still going to arrive on May 15th.

Because of the conclusion of my May 13th call, I decided to reach back out on May 14th to make sure that my accessories order would arrive on time. During this interaction, the results were the same. Peloton told me to wait and see, "We have received communication that there is still movement on these packages," my accessories order should arrive on May 15, the same day as my Peloton Bike+. The customer service representative then gave me the additional information relevant to the delivery of my Peloton Bike+. Peloton told me that their logistics partner scheduled my delivery for May 15, and the delivery window was between 10 am and 2 pm. At the time, I was still uneasy because I felt like my accessories order was still up in the air, but Pelton confirmed my Peloton Bike+ delivery, so I was happy.

Later that afternoon, I receive a message from Peloton customer service informing me that they were now going to re-order my accessories order. I was confused by this message because the line I was fed just a few hours prior was that "We have received communication that there is still movement on these packages," and my order should arrive on May 15th. This was the second time I was lied to by Peloton customer service.

This caused me to call customer service on the morning of May 15th to ask what had changed between the two conflicting responses from Peloton customer service. The customer service representative told me that there wasn't any new information, and I could not find any record of my accessories order being reordered. Again I was fed, "We have received communication that there is still movement on these packages" regarding my original accessories order. Now completely unsatisfied by this response, the customer service rep reluctantly reordered my accessories order and confirmed that with a follow-up email.

After this conversation on May 15th, I knew three things. One that my accessories order would not arrive on May 15th, two, the previous customer service rep had blatantly lied to me, and third that my Peloton Bike+ was still scheduled for delivery on that day. Two bad, one good, not great but ok because my Bike+ order now showed as "out for delivery," and the delivery window was between 10 am and 2 pm. I was also informed that the delivery partner would call and give me a 30min heads up. Perfect! At this point, I knew that my Peloton bike+ was out for delivery and that my accessories order was going to arrive by May 19th.

Time entered my Bike+ delivery window, and I was excited to receive a call from the delivery partner during that window. At about 11:30 on May 15th, I received a call from the delivery partner wanting to schedule my delivery; confused, I said, ok, but I thought my order was out for delivery. I was informed that no, it was not out for delivery. The delivery partner was calling to schedule that delivery, and the earliest available date was June 15th!

Wow, what a change. From a four-times-confirmed delivery date of May 15 between 10 am and 2 pm to June 15th. That is a completely unacceptable change! The delivery partner informed me they did not have my order at their location and never did. They were expecting my order to arrive and be available for delivery on June 15th at the earliest, and that was all the information they had or could give me.

So, now I cannot recall the number of times that I was lied to by Peloton. At this point, I am done with Peloton. The level of miscommunication, dishonesty, and incompetence displayed by Peloton is truly deserving of an award. Given my frustration and Peloton's unwillingness to work with me to follow through on their promises, I decided to cancel my order.

Suppose this is the way a customer is treated before they have even received their order. How is a customer going to be treated if they have an issue with one of their products? Does this level of miscommunication, dishonesty, and incompetence exist at all levels of the business; do engineering, quality, safety, and warranty suffer from the same level of deception as sales and customer management. Given my experience and the fact they are currently in the middle of a recall for their Tread product, which literally kills children, I think so.

Now that I have decided to cancel my order, the issues haven't stopped. I am still (three days later) waiting on a member of the customer service team to confirm that my order is canceled and refunded. Who knows when that will be? I certainly do not, but I shall continue to try and make Peloton say what they will do and try and hold them accountable to that. As a company, I am now aware that they do not possess the integrity to do that independently. Please take note. Do not do business with Peloton! You will end up frustrated and disappointed! Save your time and money and use it elsewhere. Several of Peloton's competitors are more than willing to work with you. I already have a competitor's product on order, and the delivery date is before June 15th.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I paid for the Peloton without financing September 2020. The bike was delivered November 2020 for my wife’s birthday surprise. The first day my wife rode the bike, the experience lasted 5 mins. XPO incorrectly installed the pedal to the bike lever, and the force of my wife’s foot stripped the metal. We contacted Peloton to report the problem, and was given an appointment for a technician to review January 2021. The technician assessed the problem and determined that a replacement of the bike frame was necessary.

We were given an appointment date of April 2021 to swap bike frames. Two days before my appointment, XPO cancelled my appointment because they did not have the part to ship. We were given an appointment date of 5 May to deliver the bike frame. However, that appointment was not properly scheduled on Peloton’s behalf. I called back to rectify the issue. We were given new appointment for 12 May to deliver the bike frame. I received a call and email the night prior stating that the delivery timeframe was from 2:30 to 5:30pm.

I received a call 10:00 am this morning stating that the delivery was early, and I would have to reschedule if unavailable. I notified XPO and they reaffirmed my delivery timeframe. I received a voicemail from the delivery team at 2:55 stating that they were at my residence and they would wait 15 mins for someone to arrive. However, my wife was in the house from 2:00-5:30 pm with the car parked in the closed garage. No one knocked on our door or rang our doorbell to notify my wife they were at my residence. The fault on my part is that I work in a building where cell phones are not allowed. So I was unable to answer the phone when the delivery men called.

I called XPO at 5:00 pm after work today, and they told me that I was categorized as a no-show and they had to wait 2-3 days to reschedule a new ship date. The bottom line is that my wife or I have not rode the bike since it was shipped November 2020. Peloton has comped the membership fee until my bike is fixed. This process has been extremely frustrating, and I would not recommend getting a Peloton based on my experience with Peloton and XPO.

Original review: April 28, 2021

Hands down the worst possible delivery experience I have ever encountered. Bike+ was delayed over a month. Not everyone in line was pushed back, I was just sent to the end. Friends in the neighborhood who ordered after we did received their Bike+ a month before we did as they did not have their delivery pushed back. Same exact experience with the Tread+. Found out on the day of the delivery that it was going to be rescheduled. I actually had to call in once the window had passed, instead of them proactively notifying me of the delay.

They refused to let me escalate the issue, and have no interest in moving other deliveries around in order to get mine sooner. They're much more comfortable with pissing one person off with a month+ delay instead of moving everyone a day or two. You'd think with how much I have spent with the company, they'd be much more willing to accommodate and help out, but they are apparently not concerned with the customer experience that comes from their delivery process/shortfalls. Hands down the most frustrating company I have ever purchased from.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I have read iffy reviews about the delivery and set up of the Peloton Bike. I'm happy to say that this was a great experience for me and the guys who brought my bike into my house and set it up were super. That was only 5 months ago. As someone who uses the bike only 2x week, I certainly didn't think the screen would fail after 5 months. Things happen. I get it.

When I called customer service, they were initially very attentive at walking me through the steps to try and get my screen to work again. Ultimately we determined that the screen needs to be replaced. It is apparently a fairly straightforward process, and the tech informed me that if I could install the new screen myself, he could overnight it to me and I would have it the next day (or in 2 days at the outside). Sounded okay to me so we agreed on that. However, it has been 3 days now, and I just received an email confirmation indicating that the new screen will not be delivered for another 2 days. I am frustrated because I would like my bike to work AND because I am still paying the monthly fee for a bike that I cannot use.

I just called customer service again, and was told that "Overnight" delivery is different than "next day" delivery, and I should have clarified this with the original tech. Ummm. What??? Then, he told me that he could not credit my account for the time I am unable to use my bike because they only issue credits for greater than 2 weeks of lost use. C'mon Peloton. I am not an idiot so please don't talk to me like I am one. And this isn't an inexpensive bike. Do better.

Original review: April 21, 2021

The delivery people assembled the bike, plugged it in and just left. There is no delicate installation they tout online or at least it’s not given to everyone. I went to use it about an hour after they left and it’s broken. Flywheel doesn’t spin, magnets are interfering. I followed the trouble shoot but it didn’t work. The flywheel will turn when pedaling backwards only and then it horribly grinds against the magnets.

I called them and they order a replacement and the best they could do was a month later. I gave them a date range and got that wrong too. I called back 'cause I would have been out of town. They said they would try to expedite but haven’t heard back yet and they said I wouldn’t be charged this month's membership fee. The fee was charged an hour later. This is the worst company I think I’ve ever dealt with. $2k and a 3 month wait just to receive a shoulder shrug and try again next month. If they don’t make it right somehow I’m requesting a refund and buying a NordicTrack.

Original review: April 21, 2021

The delivery was rescheduled twice, delivery contractors are not in-sync with Peloton, These guys are utterly unprofessional. Bad customer service. No escalation channels. Explanation provided - "We can't control delivery." BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Peloton Company Information