2.9/5 (419 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I purchased a Peloton bike late December. It arrived on time and it was everything that I expected it would be... except for the fact that one's feet are firmly and securely anchored to the pedals. This is a problem for me. I have MS and balance is at times problematic. I was not aware, once clamped into the pedals, just how difficult it is to release the foot from the locking device. Recall that during Covid, there was no place I could go to experience the bike in person. I feel very insecure on the bike - worried that if I lose my balance and fall, my ankles will break. I tried to use the bike over the following month, hoping that I would feel better about it, but the problem persisted.

I only used the bike 5 times and wrote to Peloton about my concerns and asked if I could exchange the bike for a treadmill. I got a very terse response stating that I was past the 30 day return policy. No offer of some solution. I was effectively shut down. I am disappointed that in the time of Covid which has impacted on everyone's schedule, and given my unusual circumstances, and that I seek an exchange, not a refund, that a modification to a rigid return policy might be considered. My issue with this company is not the equipment, it is with the formulaic response of the customer service department. I am disappointed that I am stuck with an expensive piece of equipment I cannot use. I could try to sell it, I suppose, but COVID makes that a challenge. I am disappointed in Peloton. For a company that is all about health and fitness, it displays a cavalier attitude about this customer's well-being.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

So much less than a one-star rating. Over two months of constantly having to follow up with the company after they missed their initial delivery date. Every poor customer service representative seems to be working without support from the company or even their overly rigid supervisors. Endless excuses as to delays ("Well it snowed a bit in Texas" was one tone-deaf reply) and missed subsequent delivery dates (3 total). Promises for follow-up were almost always left unfulfilled. Not a single person I spoke with could tell me where the bike we had ordered actually was. They constantly shifted blame to their logistics partner XPO–who simply couldn't deliver to me a bike that Peloton had never provided to them.

We finally called it quits and canceled. In the process the Customer Service Manager made sure to say "Are you sure you want to cancel? This action is permanent." I think she meant to ask "Do you want the money back that Peloton has held on to for months to bolster their value while not delivering on either promises or product, and never to deal with Peloton again?" If that was the case, then yes, yes please, you are a mess of a company. Still waiting to get our money back, BTW.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Everyone here should go review the bike in their website! We have all experienced this horrible service from them. Selling a bike they don’t have in existence and giving you delivery date that they keep postponing time after time. It seems like a scam. Please review this on their website so people stay far away from this company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I wish I could review the actual product but it has been delivered. We ordered November 30th and Peloton gave us a delivery date of February 16 2021. On February 13, 2021 I received an email from Peloton confirming my delivery date; requesting I be home to wait for the bike and giving me various other instructions. February 16th 2021 came and went without an email, phone call or a delivery. I tried to reach out to customer service, who told me it was delayed due to weather and now it would come on Feb 24th. It seemed outrageous to me that it would be delayed 8 days for a snow day (which wasn't even that bad and also expected in Ontario in February). The next customer service person told me a bike didn't even exist for me and I didn't receive it because there was no inventory. But still confirmed the February 24th date as my new date.

I read reviews of similar experiences, all were offered $150-$200 of the cost of their bike. So I went on chat again and asked for the same discount and they said unfortunately that is not their policy anymore (even though I had seen reviews from a week ago stating they got that discount). I asked to talk to a manager/lead and they said sorry, the lead will tell me the same thing. I demanded to speak to a lead and after 4 demands of this I was finally transferred. The lead did confirm my delivery date of February 24 and offer me a refund of $150, which was applied to my loan right away, in their credit.

Now today Feb 23, I am supposed to get a call for a delivery window, and I still have yet to receive a similar email confirming my date or a call. So just to be proactive, I get on chat again to confirm my delivery date and lo and behold, there is no delivery scheduled. They will submit a BRAND new request (as if I just ordered my bike today; even though they ahi e their $3000+ for months now), it will take 24-48 hours for me to even find out my new delivery and likely still months until I receive my actual bike. I feel as though they are doing this to people to finance their company and I am not comfortable doing this.

I was so so excited for this bike to come and join the Peloton world but their customer service is absolutely disgraceful. I cannot for the life of me understand why a company as big as peloton does not have the infrastructure to track an order. They keep blaming everything on their "delivery team" but honestly, nobody can tell me where my bike is or what the issue is.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I ordered the Bike+ on Jan.2. My delivery was scheduled for Feb. 18. This was a long wait, but I think we’ve all been more understanding due to COVID’s impact, so I accepted it. Flash Forward to Feb. 17: Our area was impacted by winter weather a couple of days previous. Main roads were clear, but residential roads were still iffy. I fully expected the delivery to be delayed. I had even prepared myself for mid-March. Imagine my dismay to see that the new date was mid-May, nearly half a year after we bought it and paid for it in full.

We called customer service. We asked why. She said for all she knew, our bike wasn’t even in the country yet. I assume that the delivery was never going to happen on Feb. 18–the weather just provided an excuse. I called Nordic. I was advised that the S22i commercial studio cycle was a great bike and after asking questions of their very helpful agent, I determined it was also comparable to the Peloton I ordered. I asked if it was in stock (yes), so I ordered it. It shipped the very next day. I anticipate it within 10 days or the order date. I was also given a great deal on the monthly membership. It took a 3 communications with Peloton, but I was issued my refund promptly. They were likely relieved to lose yet another customer, as they clearly can’t keep up with the demand and do not time to train for good customer service and lack the delivery infrastructure.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

We purchased a Peloton bike months ago and 2 delivery dates later, still no estimate on when we could expect it. We were told that Peloton doesn't even track their own product so they don't even know where it is and they blame COVID and shipping problems at the port rather than taking responsibility. If we hadn't asked for the local delivery number (to get a time window), we would have sat around all day waiting because they don't even send a email stating that the bike has not been received. We are not alone... I am regretting my purchase already!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I will explain the whole situation since there is some good and bad parts and I don't want to leave anything unsaid. I ordered a Bike+ for my wife for Christmas this year, I ordered it on November 27, 2020, I was thinking 4 weeks should be plenty of time to have one delivered. Well upon ordering I realized I may have ordered a bit late, it was slated to be delivered the beginning of January. That was a bummer but it was my own fault so I lived with it.

Fast forward to the Monday prior to delivery, I chatted with support to confirm the delivery date, the rep stated I would get a call the day prior to schedule a time. The day prior came and went, no call, my wife took the day off work to receive it and still no call at this point. So I get onto chat with support once more, this time the rep tells me that it's not coming till likely the end of March... WHAT!? How is it going to take till the end of March to get this Bike+ when I ordered it in November, so I requested manager assistance. Hours passed no call or email from a manager, so I went back to chat with support, this guy assured me he would call before the end of the day.

At home, my phone rings at 6:30, it's the manager, he was nice and apologized. He credited my account $160.88 for my troubles, while I appreciate the discount, it is clearly not an acceptable amount for the amount of time I've invested into getting the Bike+ and the terrible customer service I've received from the get-go. He reached out to me on two separate occasions to move my date to its final destination of February 17th, 2021, 83 days until I receive my order, 3 payments will have been due or about to be due by the time I get it.

The $160.88 credit barely covers the cost of a pair of cleats to use the bike, that is unacceptable and you would think that after leaving a review for the agent and speaking to a service rep again, explaining my feelings toward the situation, they would remedy it in some way. They have not even attempted to, I'm appalled by the lack of service and treatment of the customer, especially someone new, now my first and lasting impression of this company is that they couldn't care any less about doing the right thing.

I even went as far as calling NordicTrack and they told me they could have their top of the line bike to me for $800.00 less and within 14 days. I'm hope nobody else is having to deal with the same service and it doesn't happen again, but if you're going through it you should ask for your $160.88 credit since the rep told me they didn't give it to everyone affected which is a bunch of crap if you ask me.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

My wife ordered a Peloton bike on 12/03/2020 and it has been delayed multiple times. I have called customer service weekly and just this morning was told that they now cannot speak with me only my wife. We were on speaker phone together and the representative said that I was not allowed to talk that only my wife is allowed since she placed the order. I cannot believe that sexism exists in today's climate. The money to purchase the bike is shared in our household, the monthly subscription will be on my credit card and yet I do not have a voice? Why was customer service allowed to speak with me for the past few weeks? We asked multiple times to speak with another person or manager and he would not escalate the call. He told us due to our zip code delivery is delayed.

We have friends that ordered bikes weeks after us and have received them. One is in Fairfax, VA and the other is in Leesburg VA. I and my friend in Leesburg called the warehouse that supports us and was told that bikes are in stock but they do not have the delivery personnel to satisfy the demand. How does it make sense that a bike was sent from Arlington, VA, passed by my house in Reston and was delivered in Leesburg!! Also note that we were told we would receive a refund on 01/14 of $132 and have yet to receive it. The rude customer service rep told us today that the refund was on hold and he just released it. Why was it on hold? Did Peloton think we would forget? It has been weeks!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Beware of the ordering process. They charged me in full up front before they told me I would have to wait over 90 days for the "soft" delivery date. Sorry but I did not agree to loan them money and they try to get you to borrow the money from the bank to do it. What a scam that a consumer is expect to float their cash like that. When I asked them to give my friend the promised $100 credit for referring me, they refused because I already paid. What?!?! That was the final straw. Order cancelled!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I am going to be discussing facts regarding my Peloton experience. I have used Peloton products and love the apps and the actual bike itself it is a great product however the customer service and delivery experience has been more than pitiful. I have never been treated so poorly and had worse customer service in my life. I ordered my bike November 11, 2020. My first delivery date was scheduled and it was 2 months later. I would call and follow up as the date got closer and they said everything was scheduled to be delivered on time.

I received an email the day before stating that they had to reschedule my date and they scheduled it before contacting me a week from the delivery date they could not provide (which is not bad). The weekend came that they were supposed to deliver I had the space set up and stayed home for that window of time they were supposed to show up and they did not notify or tell me it was rescheduled ONCE again.

Fast forward to today which is February 3, 2021 and I am on my FIFTH RESCHEDULED DELIVERY. I understand with the pandemic things have been hard and stressful however terrible customer service for a very expensive piece of equipment is unacceptable. I have called countless times with countless reschedules, I have been hung up on and talked back to by customer service representatives. I was lied to about reschedule deliveries and the customer service agents and "leadership team" has told me they can give me a hand towel and water bottle to apologize. They also refunded me $200 out of $3,000 to make up for the terrible experience. Leadership also likes to give you a direct email contact so that you don't have to keep calling on the phone. The leadership person emails you about 2 times and then disappears. I am not even sure they give real customer service names.

Peloton Company Information