2.19/5

94 Peloton Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This was delivered exactly when they said, and the team sent out was professional and very helpful. This is a very high-quality product! Owning a Peloton is not just owning a piece of exercise equipment. It is an immersive experience. You instantly become part of a very supportive community. It is hard to explain, so most people just call it a cult. I get that now that I am a part of it. In just two months, it has changed my life. It has added to my happiness.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This bike costs close to $2k and it is utter garbage from the actual quality of the equipment all the way to the workout itself. Five minutes into my first time the pedal kept slipping. Save your money and invest it in a gym or a regular treadmill. Do not fall into the craze. It is not worth it.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

As usual The British consumers are being short changed, that is if you’ve subscribed to OnePeloton and live in the UK. The main selling point is the live classes, however as yet they are only streamed from New York, leaving the UK with stupid class times. I feel OnePeloton should offer free subscription until they’ve opened a UK live studio. Also the set up is by a couple of blokes with only a hours training, they also deliver washing machines and fridges.

Some of the instructors talk way too much and say irrelevant things e.g. "get your life together." Thanks Cody, I really need to hear that every other sentence. At the other end of the instructor spectrum is Emma **, her narrative is more encouraging, restrained and thought out. If this half billion dollar company are happy with the half ** UK roll out then the future of OnePeloton won’t be as rosy as investors hope.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Have had two bikes since first week of January 2019... Neither one lasted more than 7 days due to bike pedal threads being stripped. Second time almost injured my wife as she was pedaling (pedal literally came out still attached to her shoe). It’s obvious they don't care too much about the bike or the bike members anymore now that the Tread is in play. Their support even stated that they are so backed up due to all the focus being on the Tread. Was a new member... now no longer a member because of the fear of injury (from lack of product or install quality).

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

So far, I ordered the bike and have been met with all kinds of logistic and customer service challenges. They initially provide you a time for delivery, and if it does not work there is an opportunity to reschedule. This is where it becomes a hassle: They ask YOU to provide them multiple time choices. This is for their convenience, not yours. They should provide YOU the customer a number of alternate choices to choose from.

My work schedule makes delivery difficult, but not impossible. I can carve out times with notice, but not multiple time windows to provide for them to select from.

More so they should (IMHO) offer a portal for customers to select from, based on location parameters. If they are trying to be efficient with logistics (which I totally get), then have the customer enter their address data...after which they will be presented a calendar of choices to select from. I continually get a different resource responding through their ticketing system of which I am familiar with due to my line of business...and which I know is a common business practice...but it feels less than helpful when having so much back and forth and having 7 different people re-interpret the conversation and get 7 different attitudes and perception.

I fear actually receiving the product now. I am being charged an exorbitant amount of money for delivery ($250) for what is essentially about the size of a smaller piece of furniture, and after reading the comments here I have no interest allowing the delivery into my home. The product better be no less than perfect. I've come very close to returning already before even receiving. If you are reading ANY of these comments Peloton leadership, you have a serious logistic issue as a trend and you might want to stop the bleeding before you lose the luster and market share. For perspective, the unit was ordered prior to mid Feb and will be delivered now the second week of March. I'll update as the experience goes on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I bought the Peloton thinking I would use it for scenic rides. They have a lot of them. But instead I take the classes. They're really great, and they make you feel like you're part of it. The bike is extremely well built. The electronics are first class. The picture quality is great. And the experience is unbelievable. I don't get the full benefit of the bike because I removed the clip pedals for regular pedals. So I'll never be at the top of the leader board. So what. I'll say one final thing. The bike, classes, and electronics are so well thought out it could be an Apple product.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I ordered the Peleton treadmill and my delivery date was 2 1/2 weeks out. My window of time was from 3-5 PM and the delivery team was supposed to call 30 minutes before arrival. At 4:30 I called the shipping phone number assuming I should have gotten a phone call by then. Chris, from shipping, said that they had tried to deliver between 230-310 and no one was there to accept shipment. This was not true since I was home, I live on the end of a culdesac, and I was actually outside at 3 waiting for my daughters bus. They never rang the bell or called saying they were “waiting” outside. I’ve been getting the run around trying to get a new delivery date... Now I am waiting an additional 12 days for a mistake they made.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The bike far exceeds my expectations and the commercials don’t do it justice. When ordering, it isn’t clear that you can’t ride it unless you order toe clips or their shoes (no other shoes will fit, I was told.). After calling customer service, they sent me free toe clips and I used a coupon for $100 off the shoes. The classes are great. The quality of the bike is wonderful. I wish they had some older instructors for variety, though. There are fit people in their 40’s and 50’s. Can you imagine Boris Kodjoe teaching the class! :) Anyhoo, I love my Pelly!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Don’t listen to the nay-sayers. Bike is phenomenal quality, almost silent in operation, classes and instructors work. They use 3rd party delivery services, but my mine was great. Classes are challenging and rewarding. I sweat like a pig in heat, but stronger, faster and higher effort there is none. Highly recommend if you want to put in the work.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Purchase my bike about 15 months ago. Ordering was a breeze, delivery was quick and easy, and getting started was very simple. Since then have taken over 320 rides and other family members also use it. Bike is amazing (far superior to bikes I've used in gyms and spin classes) and the instructors and classes are terrific. There is something for everyone, from beginners to advanced, and with classes from 15 - 60+ minutes there is always time to fit in a quick workout. Added the extra service plan just before my one year anniversary and they made that step easy as well. Convenient, fun, and easy to use.

Peloton Company Information