Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.95/5

Peloton Reviews

Original review: May 16, 2020

So where to begin...I tried twice to order a bike. When I tried to schedule the delivery day/time, I was quoted July 17th. I selected that option and then their website said there was an error and to call to schedule delivery. I called and was told to call back the next day. Then when I was finally able to get help, I was told my original delivery date was no longer available as someone else took it and was given a delivery date of August 5th. What a joke...to pay nearly $3k and not get the product for 3 months??? While I understand the issues as told to me by a clearly disgruntled customer service agent, this is terrible business practice. If this is true, then I should not have to pay until delivery.

I am not excited about giving Peloton an interest free loan for three months while I wait for the product. When I asked for a supervisor, the customer service agent informed me she WAS the supervisor. Total foolishness. Needless to say, I canceled my order and I am STILL waiting to get my money back. Thanks a lot peloton for holding my money interest free while I wait to get my refund...I had very high hopes for peloton as I was referred by several friends. Peloton is clearly not hurting for business and didn't care about me or my money. No support or options were given to me to help make this a better experience or to keep me as a customer. All I got was bogus responses and disgruntled customer service agents. I never was able to get to an actual supervisor. Now all I want is my money back.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I’ve only had the bike for slightly more than a year and the bearings have failed. My attempt to get the bike services has resulted in ignored emails, unanswered phone calls and no answers as to when they will service. I tried to leave a review on the Peloton site listing these problems and my review was rejected. It raises questions about the validity of their posted views. A truly horrible experience.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Buyer Beware: Peloton is not staffed to support the influx of orders they've received. They should stop taking orders until they can provide a reasonable level of service. We waited weeks for our bike, once it was delivered - we turned it on and it did not work (no sensor readings). We waited on hold for hours via phone and chat option routes, only then to be transferred to somebody else and repeat the same hold cycle and then repeating the same story. We also spent more hours troubleshooting with their reps for something that is clearly a hardware failure (bad sensor).

The last representative I spoke with said we should just buy a second bike and return the first one once peloton accepts returns. So, if you are unlucky like us and receive a faulty bike - peloton WILL NOT fix it. They will provide no path to resolution, no refund, nothing. We are incredibly disappointed. I've spoken to 10+ reps at peloton and they all say the same thing 'sorry'. They can't fix it because it's not a customer replaceable part (I've asked for an exception) and technicians can't go into houses. They can't accept a return because it's not safe to the delivery drivers (I've offered to put it outside, I'm not sure how this legally stands up as delivery services are running). Legally, I'm not sure how they get away with this - but it has been incredibly disappointing.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I loved my Peloton for 10 whole rides. Then something tragic happened when my pedal flew off mid-ride. Now luckily no one was injured during this incident. However, my bike is now broken and I am unable to use it without a pedal. I contacted Peloton with 100% confidence that they would make this right. Well I was wrong!

After sending an email with a delayed response with no information I took to online chatting with their customer service reps. I was then transferred to hardware and then back to membership for a total of 3 reps with no resolution. Guess what all of their stories were...no timeline AT ALL about repair, replacement, or return. So what am I supposed to do now? I lost a large chunk of money getting this package deal with all of the accessories and now I won't be able to use it at all. Peloton offered to return my accessories but nothing else will be dealt with until they are open for business again. Here is the ultimate kicker, my bike was delivered INTO MY HOME on May 2 and it broke on May 11. What a scam that they can deliver the bike but they cannot return, repair, or replace the bike even if it was placed on a porch. Please do not consider Peloton for your fitness needs.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Had the bike 4 days and the pedal fell completely out while riding!!! It turns out where the right pedal connects to the crank arm is stripped. There are no repair appointments due to Covid (understandable). The parts to do the repair myself are now on back order so there is no chance of getting them anytime soon. The 30 day trial will be honored, but I have to pay the monthly bike payment (financed) after 30 days until they can pick up the bike. I understand not doing pickups because of COVID, but they should process the return, stop all fees, and pick up the bike at their convenience. At a time when a lot of businesses are bending over backwards not to take unnecessary payments, they are taking them for something that is not the buyer's fault.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: May 6, 2020

Left pedal broke in the third week (10 rides) while biking - April 16th, the entire crank threading stripped out. Peloton said they'd ship me a pedal and crank and it would arrive in 1 to 2 working days. Since then I've heard nothing (15 working days later) and they won't return any of my e-mails. At the end of April a mystery charge of $51.45 appeared on my credit card from them. I understand other people seems to have the same problem with the left pedal, which implies that this is a systemic problem with manufacturing. I also understand that these are difficult times but the lack of customer service, notably on a product of this level, is an absolute disgrace.

Original review: May 3, 2020

I honestly wish I did not own this bike. I bought the Peloton in Oct 2018 and it was delivered in Nov 2018. I mostly ride my road bike outside so do not ride the Peloton very often. (104 times total). It sits in a protected place in my bedroom. Without the first few months the (cheap plastic) water bottle holder broke. Then in the fall of 2019 it started making noise when pedaling. I turned the music up and ignored until it became a disruptive mechanical click interfering with my pedal stroke. I call the company and sent them a video. First was told I needed to tighten some screws, but after several exchanges was finally told the bearing have gone bad and I need to pay $30 plus the tech fee of at least $100 to get it fixed even though the problems started prior to 1 year warranty expiration.

My total hold time with Peloton was 4 hours to get tech and customer service. They do tell you you can try to fix it yourself, and send an outdated video with written instructions on how to work around the outdated instructions in the video. All this with a this disclaimer "Here is the video and required tools for that repair, we do want you to be aware that if you attempt this repair and are not successful, or anything breaks, having a technician come out to finish the repair will not be covered and will incur an out of pocket expense for any parts and labor."

I asked the tech support and customer service why the bearings had gone bad with such little use and they said, "While uncommon the bearings can develop a sound that requires replacement to solve even with just over a year of use". I asked that given the circumstances, the company pay for the repairs and they refused and simply said the issue was "closed". In my opinion bearings should not go out in less than a year. I have several friends who have had the same problem with their Peloton. This is not a well made bicycle. I would look for a different product. My experience with tech support and customer service was basically dismal. Look elsewhere!

Original review: April 30, 2020

I would like to share my disappointment with Peloton. I purchased a Peloton bike on March 1st. The delivery date was March 10th. On March 10th I received a call that they cannot deliver due to COVID19, which is understandable. I called every week or two to make sure things have not changed. Unfortunately there was no change to the delivery. Mid April, my neighbor has informed me that he ordered a bike and has a delivery date in early May. I was excited but a bit disappointed that the customers that ordered their bikes first are not getting calls about scheduling their bikes first. Nonetheless I called back again and was told there were no dates available (WHAT!?).. I stressed my annoyance and was able to get a date (after calling back several times) for June.

Few days later another neighbor (2 blocks away) told me that he was able to get a bike and a May delivery! So again, I called Peloton back and there were not able to get an earlier date? How is this possible? I have never felt more mistreated by a company during such a stressful time. I have spent hours on hold. Spoke to numerous reps. No help at all! We called back today again and cancelled the order and it seemed like no one cared. Please re-train your employees and show some compassion. People are stressed and want nothing more than fairness.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Do not order a Peloton for a gift except well in advance of the delivery date promised. I ordered the bike AFTER I was told that I would receive it in 4 to 6 weeks. Immediately after I made the order, I was informed that the earliest delivery date is in almost 10 weeks.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I purchased a Peloton bike and the resistance knob is now bent and past the warranty period, Peloton does warranty the Frame for 5 years but since the knob is a moving part inside the frame, they don't warranty it. To have this $5 part replaced/fixed I need to purchase an entire new frame from Peloton because they don't sell the part needed to fix. This is unacceptable.

Peloton Company Information