3.6/5 (661 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: June 4, 2021

Ordered a bike over 7 months ago and still haven't received it. I've been receiving notifications saying my bike is ready for delivery for months now and every time I call to schedule nobody seems to know where my bike is nor the reason why it can't be delivered. I understand delays can happen but 7 months and counting is unacceptable. Terrible business.

Original review: May 20, 2021

So purchased a package for the bike. When you land on the bike page (https://www.onepeloton.com/bike) it states 12-MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY. When you chose a package nowhere does it tell you that not really true... Today I reached out to support because after months of troubleshooting a bad Heart Rate Monitor, the rudest rep possible basically gave no crap and told me the warranty on this specific Peloton product was 30 days. That's right Peloton doesn't think their Heart Rate Monitor will really work or really should past 30 days.

Doing research online will lead to tons of people with similar issues. So here I am with a useless accessory that Peloton sold me, one they don't really plan to support or warranty though. Considering everything I've been reading in the news I shouldn't have been shocked that Peloton really doesn't care about what happens after their product gets to you. So want to get a bike? At a very minimum don't bother with the accessories but at this point, while the bike is good, you might want to actually find a company that stands behind their products.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Very rarely do I feel compelled to write a review. Typically I only find myself in that position when a company goes above and beyond my expectations in such an extraordinary way that I have to tell the world about it. The other set of circumstances that compel me to review a company are when my experiences are so bad that I feel like my only ability to find a sense of justice is to leave a negative review. This review is being compelled by the latter.

I believe that it is important for me to further preface my review of Peloton by stating this is only a review of my experience with Peloton after-sales customer relations management, not of any product/service that Peloton sells. I have not nor will I ever have the chance to review any products/services they sell. Their customer service and after-sales management of customers is that bad. My experience is one of miscommunication, dishonesty, and a level of incompetence that is so staggering that I will never even think of purchasing or recommend to anyone any product/service that Peloton has or may have in the future.`11

My saga with Peloton started when I ordered a Peloton Bike+ and some accessories to go with it (shoes, water bottles, bike mat, etc.). I at the time of order and payment, Peloton quoted me a delivery date of May 15th. That was surprising to me because I had read several reviews of customers waiting much, much longer for their products. I was so surprised by the delivery date that I reached out to customer service the day I placed my order to confirm that delivery date. It was confirmed. I was happy to wait.

On April 30th, Peloton notified me that my accessories order was ready to ship. Peloton informed me that I should expect delivery of my accessories order between May 4th and May 7th. Included in my shipping notification were two tracking numbers, I assume, because my accessories order was expected to arrive in two shipments. The window of May 4th to May 7th closed without the arrival of my accessories order. Giving Peloton the benefit of the doubt, I waited until May 13th to reach out to Peloton customer service to ask where my accessories order was. At the time, I was concerned that my Peloton Bike+ would arrive before my accessories order. Silly me.

So, I contacted Peloton customer service on May 13th. I was told that "We have received communication that there is still movement on these packages" I should not worry; my order would arrive on or before May 15th. I purposely had Peloton quote a specific date, which they were very reluctant to do. This information surprised me because before contacting Peloton, I spoke with FedEx, the delivery carrier for my accessories order. FedEx informed me that of the two tracking numbers I was given, one did not exist, and the other did represent an actual label, but FedEx had not noted movement or scans against that label. When I presented that information to Peloton and asked what other information they had regarding "movement" on my accessories order, Peloton continually deflected my questions but reassured me that my package would arrive soon.

During this call, I also asked about my May 15th delivery date, which Peloton confirmed. This interaction was the first sign that Peloton is only concerned with getting customers off the phone as quickly as possible. They have no actual interest in solving customers' problems. It seems that their customer service philosophy is to kick the can down the road, wait and see, and maybe we will create a situation so frustrating for a customer they will give up, and we won't have to worry about actually doing what we have promised to do. It was during this interaction that I was lied to by Peloton for the first time. I left the interaction confused and frustrated at Peloton's lack of transparency, but Peloton reassured me that at least my Peloton Bike+ was still going to arrive on May 15th.

Because of the conclusion of my May 13th call, I decided to reach back out on May 14th to make sure that my accessories order would arrive on time. During this interaction, the results were the same. Peloton told me to wait and see, "We have received communication that there is still movement on these packages," my accessories order should arrive on May 15, the same day as my Peloton Bike+. The customer service representative then gave me the additional information relevant to the delivery of my Peloton Bike+. Peloton told me that their logistics partner scheduled my delivery for May 15, and the delivery window was between 10 am and 2 pm. At the time, I was still uneasy because I felt like my accessories order was still up in the air, but Pelton confirmed my Peloton Bike+ delivery, so I was happy.

Later that afternoon, I receive a message from Peloton customer service informing me that they were now going to re-order my accessories order. I was confused by this message because the line I was fed just a few hours prior was that "We have received communication that there is still movement on these packages," and my order should arrive on May 15th. This was the second time I was lied to by Peloton customer service.

This caused me to call customer service on the morning of May 15th to ask what had changed between the two conflicting responses from Peloton customer service. The customer service representative told me that there wasn't any new information, and I could not find any record of my accessories order being reordered. Again I was fed, "We have received communication that there is still movement on these packages" regarding my original accessories order. Now completely unsatisfied by this response, the customer service rep reluctantly reordered my accessories order and confirmed that with a follow-up email.

After this conversation on May 15th, I knew three things. One that my accessories order would not arrive on May 15th, two, the previous customer service rep had blatantly lied to me, and third that my Peloton Bike+ was still scheduled for delivery on that day. Two bad, one good, not great but ok because my Bike+ order now showed as "out for delivery," and the delivery window was between 10 am and 2 pm. I was also informed that the delivery partner would call and give me a 30min heads up. Perfect! At this point, I knew that my Peloton bike+ was out for delivery and that my accessories order was going to arrive by May 19th.

Time entered my Bike+ delivery window, and I was excited to receive a call from the delivery partner during that window. At about 11:30 on May 15th, I received a call from the delivery partner wanting to schedule my delivery; confused, I said, ok, but I thought my order was out for delivery. I was informed that no, it was not out for delivery. The delivery partner was calling to schedule that delivery, and the earliest available date was June 15th!

Wow, what a change. From a four-times-confirmed delivery date of May 15 between 10 am and 2 pm to June 15th. That is a completely unacceptable change! The delivery partner informed me they did not have my order at their location and never did. They were expecting my order to arrive and be available for delivery on June 15th at the earliest, and that was all the information they had or could give me.

So, now I cannot recall the number of times that I was lied to by Peloton. At this point, I am done with Peloton. The level of miscommunication, dishonesty, and incompetence displayed by Peloton is truly deserving of an award. Given my frustration and Peloton's unwillingness to work with me to follow through on their promises, I decided to cancel my order.

Suppose this is the way a customer is treated before they have even received their order. How is a customer going to be treated if they have an issue with one of their products? Does this level of miscommunication, dishonesty, and incompetence exist at all levels of the business; do engineering, quality, safety, and warranty suffer from the same level of deception as sales and customer management. Given my experience and the fact they are currently in the middle of a recall for their Tread product, which literally kills children, I think so.

Now that I have decided to cancel my order, the issues haven't stopped. I am still (three days later) waiting on a member of the customer service team to confirm that my order is canceled and refunded. Who knows when that will be? I certainly do not, but I shall continue to try and make Peloton say what they will do and try and hold them accountable to that. As a company, I am now aware that they do not possess the integrity to do that independently. Please take note. Do not do business with Peloton! You will end up frustrated and disappointed! Save your time and money and use it elsewhere. Several of Peloton's competitors are more than willing to work with you. I already have a competitor's product on order, and the delivery date is before June 15th.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I paid for the Peloton without financing September 2020. The bike was delivered November 2020 for my wife’s birthday surprise. The first day my wife rode the bike, the experience lasted 5 mins. XPO incorrectly installed the pedal to the bike lever, and the force of my wife’s foot stripped the metal. We contacted Peloton to report the problem, and was given an appointment for a technician to review January 2021. The technician assessed the problem and determined that a replacement of the bike frame was necessary.

We were given an appointment date of April 2021 to swap bike frames. Two days before my appointment, XPO cancelled my appointment because they did not have the part to ship. We were given an appointment date of 5 May to deliver the bike frame. However, that appointment was not properly scheduled on Peloton’s behalf. I called back to rectify the issue. We were given new appointment for 12 May to deliver the bike frame. I received a call and email the night prior stating that the delivery timeframe was from 2:30 to 5:30pm.

I received a call 10:00 am this morning stating that the delivery was early, and I would have to reschedule if unavailable. I notified XPO and they reaffirmed my delivery timeframe. I received a voicemail from the delivery team at 2:55 stating that they were at my residence and they would wait 15 mins for someone to arrive. However, my wife was in the house from 2:00-5:30 pm with the car parked in the closed garage. No one knocked on our door or rang our doorbell to notify my wife they were at my residence. The fault on my part is that I work in a building where cell phones are not allowed. So I was unable to answer the phone when the delivery men called.

I called XPO at 5:00 pm after work today, and they told me that I was categorized as a no-show and they had to wait 2-3 days to reschedule a new ship date. The bottom line is that my wife or I have not rode the bike since it was shipped November 2020. Peloton has comped the membership fee until my bike is fixed. This process has been extremely frustrating, and I would not recommend getting a Peloton based on my experience with Peloton and XPO.

Original review: April 28, 2021

Hands down the worst possible delivery experience I have ever encountered. Bike+ was delayed over a month. Not everyone in line was pushed back, I was just sent to the end. Friends in the neighborhood who ordered after we did received their Bike+ a month before we did as they did not have their delivery pushed back. Same exact experience with the Tread+. Found out on the day of the delivery that it was going to be rescheduled. I actually had to call in once the window had passed, instead of them proactively notifying me of the delay.

They refused to let me escalate the issue, and have no interest in moving other deliveries around in order to get mine sooner. They're much more comfortable with pissing one person off with a month+ delay instead of moving everyone a day or two. You'd think with how much I have spent with the company, they'd be much more willing to accommodate and help out, but they are apparently not concerned with the customer experience that comes from their delivery process/shortfalls. Hands down the most frustrating company I have ever purchased from.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I have read iffy reviews about the delivery and set up of the Peloton Bike. I'm happy to say that this was a great experience for me and the guys who brought my bike into my house and set it up were super. That was only 5 months ago. As someone who uses the bike only 2x week, I certainly didn't think the screen would fail after 5 months. Things happen. I get it.

When I called customer service, they were initially very attentive at walking me through the steps to try and get my screen to work again. Ultimately we determined that the screen needs to be replaced. It is apparently a fairly straightforward process, and the tech informed me that if I could install the new screen myself, he could overnight it to me and I would have it the next day (or in 2 days at the outside). Sounded okay to me so we agreed on that. However, it has been 3 days now, and I just received an email confirmation indicating that the new screen will not be delivered for another 2 days. I am frustrated because I would like my bike to work AND because I am still paying the monthly fee for a bike that I cannot use.

I just called customer service again, and was told that "Overnight" delivery is different than "next day" delivery, and I should have clarified this with the original tech. Ummm. What??? Then, he told me that he could not credit my account for the time I am unable to use my bike because they only issue credits for greater than 2 weeks of lost use. C'mon Peloton. I am not an idiot so please don't talk to me like I am one. And this isn't an inexpensive bike. Do better.

Original review: April 21, 2021

The delivery people assembled the bike, plugged it in and just left. There is no delicate installation they tout online or at least it’s not given to everyone. I went to use it about an hour after they left and it’s broken. Flywheel doesn’t spin, magnets are interfering. I followed the trouble shoot but it didn’t work. The flywheel will turn when pedaling backwards only and then it horribly grinds against the magnets.

I called them and they order a replacement and the best they could do was a month later. I gave them a date range and got that wrong too. I called back 'cause I would have been out of town. They said they would try to expedite but haven’t heard back yet and they said I wouldn’t be charged this month's membership fee. The fee was charged an hour later. This is the worst company I think I’ve ever dealt with. $2k and a 3 month wait just to receive a shoulder shrug and try again next month. If they don’t make it right somehow I’m requesting a refund and buying a NordicTrack.

Original review: April 21, 2021

The delivery was rescheduled twice, delivery contractors are not in-sync with Peloton, These guys are utterly unprofessional. Bad customer service. No escalation channels. Explanation provided - "We can't control delivery." BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Original review: April 9, 2021

After 9 weeks of anticipation and being excited about our new Peloton Bike+ I had ordered for my wife as a gift. It lasted about 4 hours in our house and now on my 7th phone call to Peloton to schedule a return and refund. It started with the so called "White Glove" delivery service that they had boasted about and really sold at the Peloton store we purchased from. We were told that it would be delivered set up and that the tech would walk us through how to use everything make sure the bike was set up properly and stable.

What actually happens is 2 people ask where you want it, spend 3 min popping the tv screen on it and say, "There ya go. After you turn it on and set up the wifi it will tell you what to do." Not really that big of a deal if that was the end of it. Turns out the back of the TV mount (the part you see every time you walk in the gym) has a gouge in the metal and a deep rub on the bottom rubber part. Looks like it was push up against something in the van as they were driving and scratched into it.

So I call Peloton 2 hours after delivery to see if they could have the part replaced. Then starts the "please hold while I transfer you to Jack Nohelp. Then it's "Oh they must be busy in the dept, we will have a rep call you back in 15 min." 5 calls and 3 hours later my wife and I are now fighting over this "wonderful white glove" experience. I have lost all patience for dealing with the company and have no faith in ever having a good experience with them. I was willing to spend the premium for good experience and customer service. For the $2700 spent I can get a top quality spin bike, a 50" TV to put in front of it and still have enough left over for a case of beer to forget I ever made such a mistake of buying this thing.

Now I have to wait 24 hours to maybe get an email with a link so I can try and sched pick up service to come drag this thing out of my house and then maybe get my refund in 21 days after they get it back and confirm they have it back at their warehouse.... Funny I didn't have to confirm it was in my house before they took the money in the first place.

Original review: March 28, 2021

After ordering our Peloton, my husband and I decided that I should call customer service, and see if we could upgrade our regular Bike order & family package, to a Bike plus—the one with all the bells and whistles. Their customer service rep told me that a “swap out” was impossible, but advised me to cancel our existing order, and place a new one which would include our desired upgrades. It could all be done within minutes on that same phone call, he said. Nervous to cancel and lose our set delivery date of April 14th, I asked him what our new wait time would look like, and explained that I would rather keep things as they were, than lose our slot.

He assured me that we could get the same date, at worst, just a different time slot. I asked him to confirm that once more, explaining that we didn’t want to do anything to jeopardize our delivery date, as we were so excited to get started on our fitness journey. Nonetheless, I trusted the word of their Peloton representative, and unknowingly set this terrible customer service experience in motion. Immediately after hanging up, I received an email stating that our delivery date was now May 18th—a little over 1 month later. I, of course, called right back, and was told that there was nothing they could do about it. I felt like I was in the Twilight zone. How could they not be able to remedy a problem within minutes of its occurrence?

After getting transferred back and forth between departments like a ping pong ball for a whole hour and a half, I finally reached a supervisor who spoke like a robot who was reading from a manual entitled: “How To (Kind Of) Talk Like A Human Being 101” who then explained that my original spot had already been filled, and there was nothing she could do about it. Well, yeah, in the hour and a half that it took to reach her, it would make sense that the date was now taken. Again, not our fault, but theirs.

To add insult to injury, she spoke in a patronizing way, unable respond to my valid inquiries, instead filling the time with long pauses before stating things like “you seem to perceive this situation as a frustrating one.” She never apologized for their mistake, and merely said that it was “unfortunate that I had received incorrect information. We have sent $200 credit to your account. I cannot honor your original date.”

So, $3,000, and a massive headache later, Peloton has no interest in fixing their mistake other than by insulting us, and offering a refund which would cover a pair of their shoes. It had me questioning what would happen if we should need assistance with the machine at a later date in time. I have lost all trust in this company. They’re selling exercise equipment that is meant to shape your body and improve your health in record time, and yet, don’t understand why losing 1 month of exercise time in a matter of minutes is an issue.

I received no apology, no compassion, and most importantly, no solution, but she was ready with the confirmation for my order cancellation within minutes, knowing it really didn’t matter if I canceled & was unhappy with how they handled my business, because they were going to continue to sell these bikes like hot cakes no matter what. They truly don’t need our money.

Peloton Company Information