2.16/5

92 Peloton Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We ordered a Peloton bike and treadmill. The process was confusing and unorganized. We had to sit on hold to figure it multiple times. Delivery was 3x longer than expected. On actual delivery day they cancelled because the truck broke down. Rescheduled for the next day. Then they moved it a week. On the final delivery day the bike was assembled but the treadmill they left in the basement Not assembled. I was told they hadn’t delivered them very often and didn’t have the right tools. Told us to buy a torque wrench. Then left it spread across the floor. Never heard back after we asked them to come fix the issue since we complained. They did offer to refund half the delivery fee??? But it would take a week to see that money returned. So I messaged the CEO on LinkedIn and never heard back. This company appears to be all hype and no service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I got a Peloton one month ago. I love it, the workouts are great and it provides a lot more than just spin classes. I am using it to train for a triathlon. Everything was good until Sunday when it wouldn't turn on. The customer service system they have set up is very inefficient. I had to wait 3 days for an email stating that someone will come out to fix it. No mention of how they will contact me or when they may try to fix it. I'm left here waiting for some contact from Peloton while my $2500 bike sits broken and my $40 monthly subscription goes unused. Very frustrating! I think the Peloton bike is great...unless something goes wrong. Then you're in trouble.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Peloton showed up today to deliver our treadmill with an unmarked van with graffiti on it and three guys who took the box containing the treadmill and pushed it down my basement stairs where it crashed, ripped my carpet and damaged treadmill. Delivery guys were laughing and did not apologize and even tried to claim my carpet was ripped to begin with. I attempted to get in touch with customer service which directed me to a live chat. I could not get a phone number for a warehouse manager or Peloton customer service rep. There is no live human being to talk to from Peloton about any problems! Long story short, I ended up calling the police to file a report so I would have a record since the men were leaving and I hadn't spoken to anyone from Peloton.

The Peloton rep on chat was telling me not to let the men leave as all three were standing over me telling me they were leaving (what was I to do to stop them?). Finally, the live chat assistant had a representative call me (still wouldn't give me a name or number of someone to call) and found out that Peloton sometimes hires out contractors to deliver their equipment. A company called XPO out of Secaucus, NJ who does not have any number to call sent three untrained men with zero Peloton training or experience to trash my house and then refuse to take away the damaged machine because they didn't have the straps and equipment to remove it.

I am appalled at the disgraceful customer service I have received from what I thought was a first-rate company. A week ago, I purchased a Peloton bike but my loyalty has not paid off. The only thing I am getting for all of this is free shipping. Free shipping! I had the police at my house, I have to go through the aggravation and stress of trying to get my carpet repaired and I still don't have a working treadmill in my home. Warning to anyone ordering from Peloton, insist that a Peloton marked van show up at your doorstep with trained professionals who know how to handle and set up the equipment. Not three kids who think it's funny to throw it down your basement stairs. Peloton you should be ashamed!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I recently, Jan 18, 2019, placed an order for the Peloton bike with the works package. No financing, straight up paid the balance. After the purchase, I was presented with several delivery dates. Naturally I selected the earliest one, Jan 21 (MLK Day). I quickly get an email from Peloton support within 5 minutes asking me to show proof of ID in the form of sending a photo of my license to prove it was me. Wait. What? Reluctantly, I crossed off the important stuff just to show my address. I wait hours for a reply stating that they received my email with my ID information. Nothing. I call customer service and spoke with Laura. Pleasant woman. She said they never received my email with my ID... ARE YOU KIDDING? OK so I send it directly to Laura. She receives it stating that she is working for the next 10 hours and will get it over to billing right away so it can be processed to try and keep my delivery date.

Like others on here, no follow up email and no call. I decide to chat with support on Saturday the 19th. I explain my situation. I have no idea if my bike is still pending or what the status is. The chat support specialist is again nice, but no real answers. I threaten to cancel my order and they throw two free months of subscription at me. Fine. Maybe Tuesday I'll get notified. Well I call in again. Get Rachel. Third nice woman. Assures me my info is in billing and that with a holiday weekend the billing department will probably get to it today or tomorrow. I explain I simply want to know a roundabout delivery date since I travel a lot for my job and may not be around. I was assured I will get an email today or tomorrow with a status and potential delivery date estimate. Not holding my breath.

Based on what others are saying, I am giving it until Thursday. If I hear nothing I will be cancelling my order and with all the horrific stories on this thread might just reach out to the local news station to run a story. I hate to be like this because I was excited for this purchase. Now it's nothing but stress. Customer service has fallen by the wayside and as customers we don't need to take this anymore. Simply don't purchase the product. Poor customer service. Rude delivery drivers. Word's getting out and it's only a matter of time before a company has a tarnished reputation. If Peloton were selling nice customer service reps, they would be delivering and far more profitable. I will update this on my experience and hope that I can help others NOT make the same mistakes I am currently involved in.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Have called on several occasions to get support for flywheel being scrapped by the magnets. Bike is useless due to the fact resistance cannot be applied. I have called back several times to follow up my request to get this issue resolved. On the third phone call, I was told they can send a video to fix the problem or have a technician come out. When doing exactly as the video suggests, issue still continues. Now on “hold” again on my fourth phone call to get issue resolved. Support is slow, seems not caring although the bike costs thousands of dollars!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

They delivered a broken bike, and they have been veryyy slow (1.5 weeks at this point) to even get an appointment scheduled to come out and fix it. They also are not very apologetic and seem very "meh" about how I paid $3000 for something that doesn't work. I also tried to post this review on their website (3 different times), and they keep saying I'm breaking their review rules...which probably explains why they have only 4/5 star reviews on their website.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I brought my bike last week and it was delivered by two lads from XPO Logistics (Jon+lee). They were very helpful and went out their way to help me understand about the bike. I was very happy with their manner and were very respectful towards my son who kept running off with their equipment. They were also very polite. Couldn’t fault them. A big thanks to them and their company. 5* rating.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Today is January 8th 2019. JUST got our order delivered less than two hours ago. When setting it up my husband had a question about the pedals to which the delivery guy said 'if you don't have Peloton shoes, you won't be able to use the machine'. We were like 'what?! what do you mean we need to purchase only their shoes or the bike cannot be used?' The look on their faces said it all. These guys know that what Peloton is doing to the consuming public IS WRONG!

Nothing on the site said we needed to purchase special shoes in order to use the bike nor do they disclose they only carry up to a certain size shoes. There are several bike options for purchasing and one of them is the basic one, which means you only purchase the bike with no other accessories like headphones, water bottle, weights and shoes. I'm thinking, we have all that so no, I am not spending another $500 to get what we already have. Still, I get on the computer to check out their shoes and lo and behold, they do not carry my husband's size! Nor can he use the toe cages they offer because it cuts off his circulation. So we call in and ask to have the people that had JUST left, come back to pick up the bike. Their reply? "Ok, but that will be $250 to return it."

Sorry folks but I was like HELL NO! I JUST paid $250 to have it delivered! We haven't even touched it! It has been in our home for less than two hours and NO I am not going to pay an additional $250 to have them turn back and pick it up!! I SO wish I would have read all these reviews prior to setting up automatic payments on this thing! So far my husband and I have spent more time on the phone with Peloton's poor customer service than we did placing the order three weeks ago! What a HUGE disappointment this has been! And now, reading all of these reviews, including how bad the equipment is and unreliable calibration, I can only hope they will do the right thing, picking up the bike and cancelling our order so that no funds be taken out of our account! This is such a SCAM!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Updated on 02/04/2019: Never used the bike. Sent it back. Eventually got refund but now they still charge me every month for subscription. I called. They hang up. I go on chat. They say they are closed and can’t help. I try to put a review on their page. They respond with they will not post it? Why? Because I’m telling the truth?

Original Review: After countless mistakes I get the bike. They set it up and before leaving tell me that pay an extra $41 a month indefinitely for ‘membership’ after paying nearly $3000 for a bike!! Worst thing was the guy says, "It’s going to wobble due to your flooring." I don’t want it then?! I told them it would be on carpet. Then they tell me it will be $250 to take it back!!! I called arguing with Peloton and they said ok they would pick it up (it had not been touched). They came and picked it up and I still HAVEN'T GOT A REFUND!!! That was two wks ago. I’ve been on hold 50 mins and the chat goes from 55 in queue to 64. The whole company sucks and I will sue if need be.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

This company SUCKS. They promise you one thing and don't deliver at all. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! There is much better bikes for much less money. THEY LIE LIE LIE. I ordered the same bike as a friend that lives out in Scottsdale Arizona. Paid 3k for this piece of **. When he took delivery of his bike they went over all the features of the bike, spending an Hour with them. When we received our bike the delivery men smelled of ** and said They don't show nothing!!! REALLY? Nothing!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I ordered the bike on November 20th, next day received an email saying "expect an email from us within 2 business days to schedule bike delivery." This would be the first of FOUR times I was told expect to be contacted and NEVER was. On November 26th someone calls saying they are 30 minutes from my house with the bike, I was at work, no one had notified me of this delivery until that moment. Delivery man said this is happening a lot lately sorry, and expect a phone call that day to reschedule. NO FOLLOW UP PHONE CALL to reschedule.

I have to reach out to them to schedule delivery and eventually all I get is an email telling me what day that they will come approximately an entire month from order date. I take it since its the first and only attempt on their end to actually schedule a delivery. Eight days after delivery, I go to ride and the metrics all read zero. I call and a man overnights me a new cord. I receive it and replace the cord and problem is not fixed. I call again and talk to a lady who walks me through a factory reboot for a half hour. STILL BROKEN. She says to keep my email open all day because the tech team is going to reach out to me. NO ONE CALLS OR EMAILS.

Next day I get an email saying they are delivering something in a little over a week. Then I randomly receive a new monitor in the mail, hook it up and problem is STILL NOT FIXED. Then I call to make sure that when they deliver a replacement bike, that the 30 day return window and 1 year warranty is reset upon delivery of new bike. And he says I guess we can have the return window reset but not the warranty. I've had enough with this broken bike and lack of eagerness to correct their wrongs. So I requested a return and full refund. He said ok and that he would email me later that day to confirm that the return had been processed. NO EMAIL or PHONE CALL. I paid in full nearly $3,000 and what do I get in return? A bike that works for only 8 days and a huge headache. I HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT NO ONE EVER ORDERS A PELOTON.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I paid $2600 for the bike, shoes, mat, etc. I was supposed to get a call the day before letting me know when the delivery would be made. No call ever came. When I originally scheduled the delivery, I asked for an afternoon delivery because I had an appointment in the morning. Nope. At about 9:30 I got a call saying that they were 20 to 30 minutes out. Fortunately I was able to make it home in time. But they delivered everything but the shoes. What am I supposed to do without the shoes?

I sent an email to their customer service. No response. Later the next day I sent another email. Still no response. After two days of waiting, I scoured the website to find the phone number for customer service (not easy to find). They had the shoes sent, and a couple of days later, I got them. So don't expect much from them unless you call. And don't expect much from your $250 "delivery fee" except for them to show up whenever is convenient for them and, if you're lucky, have most of the stuff you ordered.

Resolution response: Dec. 31, 2018

OK I never write reviews but I did this time. I am pleased to update my initial review. I finally got an email from a lady called Heather at Peloton and she gave me some clear instructions (which involved clearing caches!!) on how to do the software update on the tablet for the bike. I followed them and the bike is now working fine. I explained to her that the service staff should be made aware of this fix and she said they were revisiting their training. I then had a follow up call from another lady called Michelle and she told me the tablet probably needed upgrading and they would send me a new one for free!! They also gave me 3 months free subscription because of the frustration I was going through. They have now resolved my problem and during my discussion with Michelle she was very apologetic. I just wish I had got to either Michelle or Heather straight away.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I bought a Peloton bike back in 2015. I have used it sparingly over the past 3.5 years. This year after a software upgrade my bike has not worked at all saying there is not enough storage for the upgrade!! I have called the service department and they tried to fix the problem by restoring the factory settings. This did not work and they said they needed to get a technician to call me, but not to worry they had fully recorded what they had done to fix my bike. I waited 3 to 4 days and no call, so I decided to go on chat. The person on the chat line read the file and suggested I needed a new tablet!!! I said that was hard to believe as it appeared to be a software problem and as the bike is out of warranty... I had to pay for it!! I asked that they have a technician call me urgently and now nearly 2 weeks in... no call!!

I understand this is over Christmas but the level of service and customer follow up is very frustrating. I feel like I have to sit and wait for a call, meanwhile they continue to charge me the monthly charge. I am a very unhappy customer and I have started to lose faith in the Peloton brand. The excuse they have used is they released the treadmill and the technicians are busy. So much for being a loyal monthly fee paying customer for 3.5 years!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Wow, two reviews down I see someone with the same experience as me. If you read no further... Just take this advice... DO NOT LET THE DELIVERY PEOPLE LEAVE UNTIL YOU TEST THE BIKE!!! The metrics didn't work on my bike, delivered on 11/28. I called CS for troubleshooting (takes 45 minutes in a chat because obviously multitasking and not responding quickly.). Doesn't help. "OK, we will send you a new monitor cord." OK... Wait a week for that (ask them to overnight the cord, my bad.) Doesn't work. "Oh, we have some additional troubleshooting you can try." Are you joking? Why didn't you give me that option before I waiting a week for a new cord. Well, that's just an aside because the new cord didn't work either.

Call them back after two weeks of having the bike asking (begging them) to please just swap out the bike. "Oh, well we can just send you a new monitor and you can try that. Otherwise you are going to have to wait until after the first of the year and we really want to get you riding (yeah, right...) OK... I'll try the new monitor but can you please overnight it so I can get riding? Well, that was Sunday and it's Tuesday now and still nada from them. I can't wait to see the date they start charging my monthly fee. You know it will be 12.28, a month from the delivery. Really, really, really irritated with them. So I can't tell you if I like the bike or not, makes for a good clothes hanger.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

In store at the time of purchase, I asked the sales associate if there was a trial period. The sales associate responded with, yes 30 days. I also asked if there was a 30 day trial on the app. I was more interested in the bike than I was in the app. I was told yes, there is a 30 day trial. So, I purchased the Peloton bike. No paperwork, just an email confirmation. When I returned home, I reviewed the email and noticed the $250 set up and delivery was a separate line item. $2,200 delivered to your door was the exact words of my salesperson, he never mentioned $250 non-refundable delivery fee. This is where it gets interesting. I called customer service to inquire about the return policy and the delivery charge. I was told that 100% will be refunded if I return within 30 days.

The Return: Let me be clear...I loved the bike! This is an issue of very wide feet with no shoes available in my size. Sidi extra wide didn't work. Due to not having shoes available, I contacted Peloton to return the bike. This time, I was told that the $250 was not refundable. In addition, I would be charged another $250 for Peloton's delivery service XPO Logistics to pick up the bike. I was confused, I asked the CSR if I was going to be charged $500 to return the bike and he confirmed with "yes" After hanging up and taking time to think through, I called back once again. I then asked if all phone calls are recorded and the CSR's answer was yes. I then explained that it was never represented that the delivery fee was non-refundable. Also, on a previous "recorded" call the CSR told me it was 100% refundable.

I also told the CSR that I had a pickup truck, and would carefully place the bike in my truck and drive it over to the store where it was purchased then take a video for proof of delivery. This option wasn't received very well. She asked if she could have a couple hours to get back to me..."sure". I then called the store where the bike was purchased and asked for the manager. The manager of the store said he needed to contact his "higher ups" being the store was not even aware of the additional $250 to pick the bike up. "What?" I did mentioned to him that dropping the bike off at his store was my intention if this went sideways. While waiting to hear back from him, I heard back from Customer service offering to pick up the bike and waive all fees. I also received an email confirming the arrangement.

Two days later 12/5/18 XPO Logistics picked up the bike. There was no paperwork available to leave with me. So I snapped a photo of the XPO drivers and their paperwork which included my pickup order number. Good thing I did!! That was almost 10 days ago with no refund. Tonight was the third phone call. Same response..."all we need to do is pick up the bike". A total of three phone calls after the bike was picked up, including attached images of the drivers and paperwork sent in email to one of the CSR's I spoke to and I still haven't seen my refund. Wow!!! Well, the fourth call tonight was placed to Chase bankcard disputing the charges. Good thing Chase has great customer service!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I've been waiting weeks for my bike. The first one they delivered was broken and they took it away that day. Guess what? You have to get back in line for the second delivery. Their customer support processes are AWFUL. The people are nice, but basically if they bring you a broken bike, they aren't going to be able to do anything but put you back in line for another overly long wait. The bike, if one ever shows up, had better be worth it.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Delivery was supposed to be between 1:30 and 4:30 pm. Didn’t come, no one contacted me so I contacted XPO Logistics who told me the driver said bike was delivered. Driver finally called and said he had the bike and would deliver it in 1 1/2 hours. Didn’t happen. Peloton no help. Driver called late that night saying he was delivering bike, was argumentative and somewhat incoherent. I’m 68 years old and partially disabled. Did not want to be confronted late in night on a dark street in an unoccupied house. So far no response from Peloton about refund for undelivered product.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I scheduled delivery of my Peloton bike and was told I could track delivery on the site and that the delivery company would contact me in advance to provide a window of time for delivery. Neither happened so I had to take the entire day off work to make sure I didn't miss them and spent an hour on hold trying to find out when the bike would be delivered. After the delivery people set up the bike, I quickly inspected the bike and found the screen to be completely crooked and was unable to adjust it. I called the delivery men within 1 minute of them leaving, they refused to come back, and said to just adjust the screws. What screws? Where? That's white glove delivery and setup?

I immediately called the delivery company, and the first thing the owner of the company said was that that doesn't happen and asked if it was really crooked. Seriously? I told him I have a photo with a level on the top of the screen showing it completely off but was that even necessary? He finally said he'd schedule for something the next day, that they'd be in touch, and I took a second day off work. With zero notice of a delivery window, the next day, the delivery people called around 8:30a, said they were downstairs, couldn't get in because it's a secure building, and then left before I even had time to get to the first floor to let them in. I called them within minutes, and they refused to come back. I called the owner of the local delivery company, and he proceeded to YELL AT ME. For their mistake.

And despite Peloton's guarantee that your bike will be ready to ride upon delivery, what did a supervisor in Peloton Support tell me on my second day into this? "We are very sorry that you did not have a great delivery experience but we hope to resolve this issue" with zero help and zero follow up. At this point, I'm at a loss for words. This has been such a nightmare of an experience. I had looked forward to getting a Peloton for so long, and after wasting two days of my time and being treated horribly, I'm so soured on Peloton that I'm thinking of just sending the bike back.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Updated on 12/04/2018: Follow up to the issue I reviewed earlier. Peloton - a multimillion dollar company will not refund me for this bike. They want to replace the bike for a 3rd time. At this point - I have so much distrust and so much dislike for this company. The last thing I want to see in my condo is their product. They clearly don't stand by their product - if they did, they'd refund me for this terrible experience. Why would they want a person to be so dissatisfied with their product and make them keep it. If the 3rd bike is a lemon - I'm taking this to the news stations, small claims court, and perhaps Judge Judy. A judge will look at this case and decide it's a no brainer in my favor. I have videos, I have emails, and I'll soon have doctor's notes diagnosing my new found anxiety that I've never had before. Terrible experience - stick with the gym and save yourself a headache.

Original Review: I purchased a Peloton last April 2018. Within a couple of weeks the monitor, axle, and bearings broke. Customer service was awesome - sent people out within a couple of weeks to fix the bike. After a couple of months, the bearings broke again. They were very nice and repaired the bike within a couple of weeks. In Nov 2018 - the belt and the roller broke and they finally came out to fix the bike only to come to the conclusion that the bike needed to be replaced. Nice man calls another guy to tell him that the bike needed to be replaced and I clearly heard the man on the other line tell him to go ahead and give me the refurbished bike in the truck. I yelled out, "I heard that and I don't want a refurbished bike!" The man who was in my place said, "I'm not giving her the refurbished bike, I'm giving her the new bike in the truck - it seems only fair."

So then he went out to get the new bike and guess what? IT'S BROKEN!!! It's actually worse than the first bike I had. It feels like I'm riding on sandpaper and it makes a noise. The man said, "Just call customer service and they'll have to deal with this." So I'm dealing with customer service - they seem very nice, but we'll see if they give me a full refund for this lemon and lime. I'm willing at this point to pay them to get this junk out of my condo. Very sad to be honest. Rode like a dream before it broke for the 3rd time. I think they're being overproduced and quality is taking a major hit. As for the instructors - they rock and are super motivating. I just wish the bike was as healthy as they are. I'll keep you posted on what Peloton end up doing to rectify the issue.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

First of all, this is the first online review I have ever posted so please take it seriously. Do NOT purchase this bike! I purchased the Peloton and received it on November 14, the pedal fell off while riding on November 16... two days later! You can imagine my disappointment. Peloton customer service asked that I send them a picture of the pedal and crank arm so they could accommodate a repair. Originally asked for the picture so they could send me the parts and I could repair them myself which isn’t even possible without their tool. I requested that a tech service the repair.

Peloton arranged for one with their vendor XPO (the worst customer service ever!) for a tech to come repair the crank arm. An appointment was scheduled for a week later with the three hour window they give you and they called that morning to say they did not have the required tools in the warehouse to make the repair... amazing they would just figure that out the day of. XPO scheduled another tech to come out the following week (two weeks after owning the bike), was told that a tech would be out that afternoon and again received a call that they did not have the tools to repair the bike and did not know when they would.

To spend this amount of money on a product and have this happen is unacceptable... first world problems, I know, but when you save up for what you think would be something very special and it ends up being a dud is deflating. Needless to say the bike is being returned. Can’t count on Peloton or their vendor XPO to follow through with their promises. I would have loved for this experience to have gone differently!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I called to ask about Peloton on Dec 6th, was told if I ordered bike it would be delivered by Dec 10th. I paid for bike over phone, got a call yesterday that my bike wouldn't be delivered until Dec 27th. They will tell you anything to sell a bike. Sleazy sales tactics. I contacted customer service and after a long chat was told "that's a bummer". It's obvious I was chatting with a teenager mentality, very unprofessional company. I wish now I'd never bought it and I haven't even seen it yet.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I bought a Peloton bicycle on November 17, 2018. It was scheduled to be delivered between 1:30 and 3:30 on November 24 (Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend). At 4:00 it hadn't arrived so I called the delivery number to see if they were running late. I was informed that my order had been canceled the day before (a surprise to me) and I would have to speak to support for more details. After several phone calls and "lots of digging" the support representatives realized that someone else had called the day before to cancel an order and they canceled mine instead. Somehow there was a "mix-up of information" and my bike was never delivered. The representative told me he would be extremely upset if that were his bike because it is so much money. He told me he would refund the delivery charge and try to get the bike out that evening or the next day.

He called me later to tell me he was able to straighten out the information and make the refund but I would have to wait TEN days for the bicycle. That was the next available appointment. I told them that was completely unacceptable. They erroneously canceled my order without my consent, told me they would try to get it the next day and ultimately pushed me to the bottom of the list and would do nothing to help me. I was told I could wait until Monday to speak to a supervisor but the routes were set and they couldn't change the dates. Later that night I received an email notifying me that my membership had been paused. I called... Again... And was told that my membership had not been activated so it couldn't be paused. Turns out they were sending me someone else's emails and would have to work with IT to make sure that got corrected too.

The whole experience has been such a disappointment. The worst part is I spent my day at home waiting for something that would never come and trying to deal with their incompetence. That's time I could have spent with my children preparing for the holidays. They comped me the price of the accessory package but that doesn't make up for terrible experience.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My family bought me a Peloton Bike as birthday gift on Nov 3, 2018. It did not arrive until Nov. 12th. On Nov. 19th Peloton put the bikes on sale. I contacted them to see if they would honor the sale. Sadly, they told me I missed the window by 2 days, even though the bike was not activated until Nov. 18th. I will likely return the bike as I am FORCED to do business with Peloton via subscription for the life of the product. Lesson learned; Anytime Customer Service starts out on a poor note, it NEVER gets better! Choose wisely!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

First I contacted the company, and the initial salesperson seems to have forgotten to contact me back (until over like two weeks later). Then I received this $100 off from another salesperson, and she did initially work to change my mind about purchasing. I confirmed with her, in writing, that they would deliver my bike on the day of my choice; Fridays or Saturdays - as I live very rural. Then the shipping company XPO called and was very rude. They only deliver on Tuesdays, and would not give me a supervisor's voicemail or telephone number. Then this sales lady at Peloton told me I would get a refund, then fell off the face of the earth.

Only when I got back online and went to a chat person to let them know I would be filing a complaint did they tell me how to get my money back. It should have never needed elevation to a supervisor, but it was. If you still think you want to buy from them, ensure you print and keep copies of ALL correspondence. I promise you, you will need it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I called Peloton and explained my bike isn't calibrated - what should be a simple issue. I am then asked to record myself and send in videos which I tell them I'm not comfortable doing and explain it wouldn't show anything other than what I've described. Finally, they say they will send a team to fix the bike. I've been waiting since July for my bike to be fixed. Note, you pay a monthly subscription so you would expect support to be faster than this. I schedule time off work to be available and these two guys show up who don't speak English and have no idea how to fix the bike. They are nice but they just look at me and say "complicato" and "new bike", call Peloton.

I call Peloton and explain I'm upset that I've waited so long and these guys had no idea what they were doing and I can't even communicate to them. Then the customer support agent from Peloton, who was professional and nice, says they will send a new bike on Tuesday. So I have to take time off work AGAIN and today two guys show up and are rude. They never called the night before like they were supposed to either. They say my old bike has no issue without even turning on the monitor. They change the bikes. I sign for it but then think better so I say please wait while I test it. I test the bike and the same issue is present. No difference! Then I show them and then they agree there is an issue but say well you just got a new bike frame, we don't have anything to do with the monitor.

This is the same company that came the first time so you would think they would tell Peloton what is wrong based on looking at the bike. Then I get on my computer to call Peloton and I see the guys getting in the truck to leave. They left all the trash from the bike in my house so I didn't think they would leave. Then I run after them and they tell me I don't need to talk to a manager because they will tell me to call Peloton. I beg to differ. So finally I get a manager and I'm furious. They are flippant about the whole situation and just say call Peloton. Now I still have a broken bike after months, called Peloton and have to wait for a manager to call me.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The Peloton treadmill is actually very simple and easy to use. It has a lot of very good features that are not too complicated, so anyone can use it. It is really good for exercise and I enjoy running on it very much. It is great because it is challenging and it works very well for me.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I placed an order for this VERY expensive Peloton bike and was happy to do so since I have heard awesome things from other owners. However, two weeks since my order and 4 days since I was scheduled to receive my bike, I have not received it. Additionally, I cannot seem to get a straight answer from Peloton support or the company they contract with as to when I should expect the bike. They do an excellent job of promoting their product, but the follow through is below par. Not the type of customer service you would expect from a company selling such an expensive bike. Be careful when ordering this product. You may not receive it as promised.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I find the Peloton bike very easy to use. It was completely easy to set up and now all I have to do is jump on the bike. I like that it allows me to use it like I'm actually taking a class at a gym. It is so convenient that I never have to leave my house. However, I do not like that price. It can be very expensive, but I do find that it is worth it to have a gym like experience in the comfort of my home.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I’ve had the Peloton bike for 2+ years. After 6 months I started having problems with the screen shutting down/freezing mid-spin. After a minute the screen would automatically reboot. After several weeks I contacted customer support. They had me do a few things which repaired the screen for a short time. The screen continued to do the same thing but I dealt with it and hoped it would stop. Finally at the 2 year mark of owning the bike, my screen completely shut down. I called customer support and explained the problem.

Long story short, they said I would need to purchase a new screen for $700 but they would give me a discount and charge me $400. I was very upset that a $3000 machine had this major of a repair and they said this is technology and because I didn’t purchase the extra warranty there was nothing else they could do. My advice to anyone thinking of purchasing this bike, DON’T!!! Buy a cheap bike and watch spin classes for free through an app. This bike is a complete scam and I would never buy anything from this company again!

Resolution response: April 7, 2018

Peloton righted out the wrongs......

Original review: March 27, 2018

A 100% scam!!! 250$ shipping fee??? That you are taxed on, by the way, and to return the item you are charged an additional 250$ plus, you are not credited the taxes back, they are obnoxious and the policy is not legal!

Peloton Company Information