2.19/5

86 Peloton Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 15, 2019

I've owned a Peloton Bike since November of 2017. At that time my daughter and I have done more than 750 rides. No driving time to the gym, just hop on. It's as hard of a workout as you want it to be. I come off drenched and it feels great. Live rides or on demand are available and you can follow friends on the leaderboard. It can get competitive on the leaderboard, if that what you are into. It's a workout game changer for my house. Workouts happen rain or shine. I have to say it's been a great investment in my family's health. We had a cracked water holder, they shipped me a new one. Most of the other issues I figured out with the vast Facebook community online. Thanks to Peloton and my Peloton Family.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I don’t usually like exercise machines because I get bored. I have a gym membership and at most make it only one time per week. I was out shape. I bought the Peloton 3 months ago and committed to 20 mins hardcore riding and one 10 min arm strengthening per day. Even though it’s not a lot of time working out each day, I can feel my body getting stronger and I feel so much better. I sleep better and feel less stressed. My blood pressure is going down. I am getting addicted to the workouts and I have never been one to like working out.

The classes are new and interesting and I definitely feel challenged with every workout. I also love That the bike tracks my workout stats. The goal is to improve upon the previous workouts. I feel like making time for 20 minutes per day should be the least I can do for my body. I have had to contact Peloton for a broken water bottle holder and they sent me a new one promptly. No complaints with customer service. I hope I can continue feeling motivated with the bike. After 3 months I am still loving it.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

This bike is amazing! I can work out in my home at MY convenience: live rides/other classes streaming throughout the day in addition to thousands available at any time on demand. 10, 20, 30, 45 minutes+ whatever works for the time you have. The instructors are phenomenal! They not only teach on the bike, but are very entertaining. The metrics/leaderboard on the bike are extremely motivating if you are even a little bit competitive. I definitely work out harder on this bike (than I ever did going to a spin class) being able to now see my output and where I'm at on the leaderboard with everyone else taking the class. And now they offer additional "off bike" content so you never really need to go out to a gym: yoga, indoor and outdoor running, weight training, boot camp, meditation, etc.

I've had my bike for 10 months and use it regularly 3-6 days a week... Working out now more than I ever did when I had to go out to a gym! Something to note that I've read in the bad reviews: If you don't want the Peloton shoes (or fit, think they only go up to men size 13) many people opt to change out the pedals so they can use different spin shoes. Also, you can put the bike on carpet... They just recommend putting plywood down under a mat.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I work at home and busy as hell. I love spin classes but getting to the gym on the gym’s schedule is very tough - plus I have to spend time getting there and back. I have had my bike for three years now and I have used it continuously. My bike has never need service and it still looks new. I don’t love every Peloton instructor, but I think that’s the point. There is one or two (or more) instructors that you end up liking. But they are all professionals — just different styles. The single best spin class I have ever taken, anywhere, was a George Hincapie Peloton Class where he took the class through a high drama Tour de France stage with his TDF teammates on bikes in the room (he raced TDF 17 times).

The bike metrics are awesome — power, RPMs, calorie estimate, customized zones if you give your inputs, heart rate if you wear the strap, etc. The flywheel is not as heavy as gym bikes, and I was worried about that. But I quickly got used to it. The bike is solid. Obviously you need good WiFi. I definitely recommend the Peloton bike.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My wife was in New York and saw the Peloton store while she was up there visiting girlfriends. She was impressed with what she saw. I knew she was seriously looking for a solid workout machine for the house so I figured it would be a great gift and great for her transition out of post-partum (recent childbirth). She got depressed after #1 and #2 so I was very motivated to help her however I could. When it arrived I was truly impressed. It has a very modern design, sleek. And very sturdy and well built. As nice (probably nicer) than any fancy bike you will see in a gym or studio.

So far I have taken a class about two of every three days (for the last few months). Sometimes I do a live class, sometimes I do an “on demand” class. Just this morning, I woke at 650 and went downstairs and took a 45-min live class. Damn, I’m feeling good at work today. Pre-work classes always make me a high functioning, energetic teammate in the office. Always, I enjoy this bike so so much. On days when I’m feeling a little sluggish I’ll do a 20 minute class, when I’m feeling good I’ll do a 45 minute one. I burn around 250 calories for every 20 minutes I ride this bike (37yr old male), which to me is a solid result for my efforts.

Besides tracking calories, you can track your cadence (rpm), resistance (how hard or easy you set it), your heart rate, and your output (a measure of cadence and resistance). Also, you can see how well you are doing against yourself (your previous rides), others, and even friends. For someone who is inspired by competition (like me!) this is the workout bike for you.

As for my wife. Although we got the bike “for her,” we both use it equally. Some nights, after the kids are down, we head to the basement together and she does a 20-min ride while I do a stretch (Peloton offers much more than just bike instruction), then we swap. For our stretch/yoga/strength classes that they offer, we just stream those to a TV from my phone. Of course whoever is on the bike is using the bike screen. One of us has to put on earphones, it’s sort of annoying if we are both listening to instructors at the same time. Doing this workout together has actually been something that’s improved our relationship through a like interest, comradery, and improving each of our overall feeling (mind body etc).

She (“we” as most now say) just had a baby-our second. She recently told me this has helped her drop the baby fat faster than any other form of exercise in the past. Makes sense considering it’s primarily working your thighs and glutes which are the largest muscle areas in your body, resulting in a fantastic cardio workout. As for me, I have seen massive improvements in my lower body physique. Actually my upper body as well as I often take classes that mix legs and arm workouts in one session-all on the bike (Peloton comes with weights and you pick between 1lb, 2lb, or 3lb).

So bottom line we are both feeling energetic, healthier, and stronger. Which means (personally speaking), I’m feeling HAPPIER. Additionally, I play ice hockey and as the oldest guy on the team the bike has helped me regain some lost speed and strength. And most importantly, I don’t get winded after a long shift, which used to be the norm.

All and all, I have NO ISSUES with this bike. Worst thing to happen so far is the heart rate monitor (which is wireless) has lost connection during a ride, but that didn’t matter much to me. Maybe it was even my fault, I don’t know. Anyways, feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions. I’m happy to answer anything I can. Also, my referral code is below. If you use it you will receive $100 off your bike (and I will get a coupon to buy Peloton clothing apparel, woohoo!). All the best to each and every one of you. My referral code: **. If you have a Peloton, add me as a friend! My username is CaptainSpandexx.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: May 13, 2019

I love cycling, and I heard so many good things about Peloton.... until I actually ordered the bike. Peloton customer service supervisor are liars, they are unprofessional and don’t care about customers. I never got my bike delivered, they made up so many things, and gave me so many excuses. Until today I told them to keep their bike. I won’t buy anything from them ever again. I won’t have any Peloton product in my house even if it was free!!!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

Considering I read and re-read information about the Peloton bike and my invoice for the shipment said 0 for the first year for the digital membership when all of a sudden, I am charged $39 for the monthly membership. I just received the bike yesterday with a shipping charge of $250 which is one thing but when I called to complain about the charges, I am now returning the bike which is another $250 out of pocket. I think this is insane as I am returning the bike within the 30-day window and to not offer something to the customer when they lied on the invoice, too, is just horrible customer service. I will never buy anything with the Peloton brand on it...ever. They are making money off lies.

Original review: May 7, 2019

The bike is awesome, the community is awesome, the customer service is the best I have ever felt with in any industry. The Peloton bike is everything the hype has said and more. Don’t fall into the trap of the very few negative folks. The community is well above the small 1 percent you see complaining here. I love my bike, ride almost daily and love the community of it all to help one another and keep each other motivated. And yes I have experienced an issue and needed customer service and I mean it when I say it was the best I have ever experienced in my life. Their team does it right.

Original review: May 6, 2019

We have both the bike and the tread. Classes are great, really - outstanding workout at home. However, both bike and especially tread have been extremely unreliable. Lots of software issues AND hardware issues. Which is bad, but support has been AWFUL. They are clearly overwhelmed. Peloton has clearly prioritized classes/programming and sales/marketing over product quality and support.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have great WiFi. No issues on my end - but the stream keeps going out on the Peloton. It's hard to keep going when you lose connection, you are out of sync with the class - you don't know what resistance to be on or what cadence. Wasted time.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I’ve had my Peloton for 2.5 weeks. My husband and I each ride once maybe twice a day. Classes are great. However, the quality of the bike is questionable. The pedal broke mid stride while clipped in for a class. Was injured. Customer service needs improvement for issue-related calls. Returned everything. The support system is great, but listen to the reviews. Most are spot on about this company, the product, and the known issues.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I admit, I have not ridden this bike...but I really wanted to. I tried on several occasions to order one. No delivery in my area. Delivery to another location means no warranty. Can't buy it at the store as that's just for trying them out. Do they actually want to sell these bikes?? These guys have a very limited area of service and due to no communication back... My guess is they are making enough money and don't need mine. I've already moved on. Anyone else in this situation?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This was delivered exactly when they said, and the team sent out was professional and very helpful. This is a very high-quality product! Owning a Peloton is not just owning a piece of exercise equipment. It is an immersive experience. You instantly become part of a very supportive community. It is hard to explain, so most people just call it a cult. I get that now that I am a part of it. In just two months, it has changed my life. It has added to my happiness.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This bike costs close to $2k and it is utter garbage from the actual quality of the equipment all the way to the workout itself. Five minutes into my first time the pedal kept slipping. Save your money and invest it in a gym or a regular treadmill. Do not fall into the craze. It is not worth it.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

As usual The British consumers are being short changed, that is if you’ve subscribed to OnePeloton and live in the UK. The main selling point is the live classes, however as yet they are only streamed from New York, leaving the UK with stupid class times. I feel OnePeloton should offer free subscription until they’ve opened a UK live studio. Also the set up is by a couple of blokes with only a hours training, they also deliver washing machines and fridges.

Some of the instructors talk way too much and say irrelevant things e.g. "get your life together." Thanks Cody, I really need to hear that every other sentence. At the other end of the instructor spectrum is Emma **, her narrative is more encouraging, restrained and thought out. If this half billion dollar company are happy with the half ** UK roll out then the future of OnePeloton won’t be as rosy as investors hope.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Have had two bikes since first week of January 2019... Neither one lasted more than 7 days due to bike pedal threads being stripped. Second time almost injured my wife as she was pedaling (pedal literally came out still attached to her shoe). It’s obvious they don't care too much about the bike or the bike members anymore now that the Tread is in play. Their support even stated that they are so backed up due to all the focus being on the Tread. Was a new member... now no longer a member because of the fear of injury (from lack of product or install quality).

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

So far, I ordered the bike and have been met with all kinds of logistic and customer service challenges. They initially provide you a time for delivery, and if it does not work there is an opportunity to reschedule. This is where it becomes a hassle: They ask YOU to provide them multiple time choices. This is for their convenience, not yours. They should provide YOU the customer a number of alternate choices to choose from.

My work schedule makes delivery difficult, but not impossible. I can carve out times with notice, but not multiple time windows to provide for them to select from.

More so they should (IMHO) offer a portal for customers to select from, based on location parameters. If they are trying to be efficient with logistics (which I totally get), then have the customer enter their address data...after which they will be presented a calendar of choices to select from. I continually get a different resource responding through their ticketing system of which I am familiar with due to my line of business...and which I know is a common business practice...but it feels less than helpful when having so much back and forth and having 7 different people re-interpret the conversation and get 7 different attitudes and perception.

I fear actually receiving the product now. I am being charged an exorbitant amount of money for delivery ($250) for what is essentially about the size of a smaller piece of furniture, and after reading the comments here I have no interest allowing the delivery into my home. The product better be no less than perfect. I've come very close to returning already before even receiving. If you are reading ANY of these comments Peloton leadership, you have a serious logistic issue as a trend and you might want to stop the bleeding before you lose the luster and market share. For perspective, the unit was ordered prior to mid Feb and will be delivered now the second week of March. I'll update as the experience goes on.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I bought the Peloton thinking I would use it for scenic rides. They have a lot of them. But instead I take the classes. They're really great, and they make you feel like you're part of it. The bike is extremely well built. The electronics are first class. The picture quality is great. And the experience is unbelievable. I don't get the full benefit of the bike because I removed the clip pedals for regular pedals. So I'll never be at the top of the leader board. So what. I'll say one final thing. The bike, classes, and electronics are so well thought out it could be an Apple product.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I ordered the Peleton treadmill and my delivery date was 2 1/2 weeks out. My window of time was from 3-5 PM and the delivery team was supposed to call 30 minutes before arrival. At 4:30 I called the shipping phone number assuming I should have gotten a phone call by then. Chris, from shipping, said that they had tried to deliver between 230-310 and no one was there to accept shipment. This was not true since I was home, I live on the end of a culdesac, and I was actually outside at 3 waiting for my daughters bus. They never rang the bell or called saying they were “waiting” outside. I’ve been getting the run around trying to get a new delivery date... Now I am waiting an additional 12 days for a mistake they made.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The bike far exceeds my expectations and the commercials don’t do it justice. When ordering, it isn’t clear that you can’t ride it unless you order toe clips or their shoes (no other shoes will fit, I was told.). After calling customer service, they sent me free toe clips and I used a coupon for $100 off the shoes. The classes are great. The quality of the bike is wonderful. I wish they had some older instructors for variety, though. There are fit people in their 40’s and 50’s. Can you imagine Boris Kodjoe teaching the class! :) Anyhoo, I love my Pelly!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Don’t listen to the nay-sayers. Bike is phenomenal quality, almost silent in operation, classes and instructors work. They use 3rd party delivery services, but my mine was great. Classes are challenging and rewarding. I sweat like a pig in heat, but stronger, faster and higher effort there is none. Highly recommend if you want to put in the work.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Purchase my bike about 15 months ago. Ordering was a breeze, delivery was quick and easy, and getting started was very simple. Since then have taken over 320 rides and other family members also use it. Bike is amazing (far superior to bikes I've used in gyms and spin classes) and the instructors and classes are terrific. There is something for everyone, from beginners to advanced, and with classes from 15 - 60+ minutes there is always time to fit in a quick workout. Added the extra service plan just before my one year anniversary and they made that step easy as well. Convenient, fun, and easy to use.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Peloton states you can create a library of your favorite downloads. That’s true until they clean out their library and your saved rides are no longer available. Very disappointed with this lie. Contract does not state this little detail which is huge as you create a library of your favorite classes.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Technical issues galore! Half the time I use a Peloton bike I experience issues with the headphone jack or classes cutting in and out. I live in the middle of Chicago with high speed internet service, so the connectivity issues are not on my end, but over 50% of the time I take one of the classes out of their library of classes, it cuts in and out or stops altogether. Also, many times I use my headphones, even with them plugged into the jack, the sound will still come out of the monitor, and not through the headphones. There seem to be technical issues with this bike half the time I try to do a workout, which ends up demotivating me from working out on it at all. This bike is WAY too expensive for these types of issues to occur at this level of frequency. Get yourself a Soul Cycle subscription instead.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We ordered a Peloton bike and treadmill. The process was confusing and unorganized. We had to sit on hold to figure it multiple times. Delivery was 3x longer than expected. On actual delivery day they cancelled because the truck broke down. Rescheduled for the next day. Then they moved it a week. On the final delivery day the bike was assembled but the treadmill they left in the basement Not assembled. I was told they hadn’t delivered them very often and didn’t have the right tools. Told us to buy a torque wrench. Then left it spread across the floor. Never heard back after we asked them to come fix the issue since we complained. They did offer to refund half the delivery fee??? But it would take a week to see that money returned. So I messaged the CEO on LinkedIn and never heard back. This company appears to be all hype and no service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I got a Peloton one month ago. I love it, the workouts are great and it provides a lot more than just spin classes. I am using it to train for a triathlon. Everything was good until Sunday when it wouldn't turn on. The customer service system they have set up is very inefficient. I had to wait 3 days for an email stating that someone will come out to fix it. No mention of how they will contact me or when they may try to fix it. I'm left here waiting for some contact from Peloton while my $2500 bike sits broken and my $40 monthly subscription goes unused. Very frustrating! I think the Peloton bike is great...unless something goes wrong. Then you're in trouble.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Peloton showed up today to deliver our treadmill with an unmarked van with graffiti on it and three guys who took the box containing the treadmill and pushed it down my basement stairs where it crashed, ripped my carpet and damaged treadmill. Delivery guys were laughing and did not apologize and even tried to claim my carpet was ripped to begin with. I attempted to get in touch with customer service which directed me to a live chat. I could not get a phone number for a warehouse manager or Peloton customer service rep. There is no live human being to talk to from Peloton about any problems! Long story short, I ended up calling the police to file a report so I would have a record since the men were leaving and I hadn't spoken to anyone from Peloton.

The Peloton rep on chat was telling me not to let the men leave as all three were standing over me telling me they were leaving (what was I to do to stop them?). Finally, the live chat assistant had a representative call me (still wouldn't give me a name or number of someone to call) and found out that Peloton sometimes hires out contractors to deliver their equipment. A company called XPO out of Secaucus, NJ who does not have any number to call sent three untrained men with zero Peloton training or experience to trash my house and then refuse to take away the damaged machine because they didn't have the straps and equipment to remove it.

I am appalled at the disgraceful customer service I have received from what I thought was a first-rate company. A week ago, I purchased a Peloton bike but my loyalty has not paid off. The only thing I am getting for all of this is free shipping. Free shipping! I had the police at my house, I have to go through the aggravation and stress of trying to get my carpet repaired and I still don't have a working treadmill in my home. Warning to anyone ordering from Peloton, insist that a Peloton marked van show up at your doorstep with trained professionals who know how to handle and set up the equipment. Not three kids who think it's funny to throw it down your basement stairs. Peloton you should be ashamed!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I recently, Jan 18, 2019, placed an order for the Peloton bike with the works package. No financing, straight up paid the balance. After the purchase, I was presented with several delivery dates. Naturally I selected the earliest one, Jan 21 (MLK Day). I quickly get an email from Peloton support within 5 minutes asking me to show proof of ID in the form of sending a photo of my license to prove it was me. Wait. What? Reluctantly, I crossed off the important stuff just to show my address. I wait hours for a reply stating that they received my email with my ID information. Nothing. I call customer service and spoke with Laura. Pleasant woman. She said they never received my email with my ID... ARE YOU KIDDING? OK so I send it directly to Laura. She receives it stating that she is working for the next 10 hours and will get it over to billing right away so it can be processed to try and keep my delivery date.

Like others on here, no follow up email and no call. I decide to chat with support on Saturday the 19th. I explain my situation. I have no idea if my bike is still pending or what the status is. The chat support specialist is again nice, but no real answers. I threaten to cancel my order and they throw two free months of subscription at me. Fine. Maybe Tuesday I'll get notified. Well I call in again. Get Rachel. Third nice woman. Assures me my info is in billing and that with a holiday weekend the billing department will probably get to it today or tomorrow. I explain I simply want to know a roundabout delivery date since I travel a lot for my job and may not be around. I was assured I will get an email today or tomorrow with a status and potential delivery date estimate. Not holding my breath.

Based on what others are saying, I am giving it until Thursday. If I hear nothing I will be cancelling my order and with all the horrific stories on this thread might just reach out to the local news station to run a story. I hate to be like this because I was excited for this purchase. Now it's nothing but stress. Customer service has fallen by the wayside and as customers we don't need to take this anymore. Simply don't purchase the product. Poor customer service. Rude delivery drivers. Word's getting out and it's only a matter of time before a company has a tarnished reputation. If Peloton were selling nice customer service reps, they would be delivering and far more profitable. I will update this on my experience and hope that I can help others NOT make the same mistakes I am currently involved in.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Have called on several occasions to get support for flywheel being scrapped by the magnets. Bike is useless due to the fact resistance cannot be applied. I have called back several times to follow up my request to get this issue resolved. On the third phone call, I was told they can send a video to fix the problem or have a technician come out. When doing exactly as the video suggests, issue still continues. Now on “hold” again on my fourth phone call to get issue resolved. Support is slow, seems not caring although the bike costs thousands of dollars!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

They delivered a broken bike, and they have been veryyy slow (1.5 weeks at this point) to even get an appointment scheduled to come out and fix it. They also are not very apologetic and seem very "meh" about how I paid $3000 for something that doesn't work. I also tried to post this review on their website (3 different times), and they keep saying I'm breaking their review rules...which probably explains why they have only 4/5 star reviews on their website.

Peloton Company Information