Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.23/5

94 Peloton Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I have owned my Peloton Bike for 1.5 years now and it's been absolutely amazing. I'm not going to say I've never had any issues because that wouldn't be true. About 9 months in one of our pedals (which my husband installed incorrectly) ended up stripping which made the bike unrideable, but within a few days a service person came out to replace it for free with my warranty. On occasion there have been some issues with wifi connecting, but I'd say 98% of the time everything is up and running. I do notice people get really angry when something isn't up 100% of the time, but somehow they still use other streaming services that glitch and they don't get nearly as angry. I've had a great experience and met a lot of people in the Peloton community on and off of Facebook.

It's true, Peloton is going through a growth spurt and so they probably aren't equipped with everything they need for everyone and their delivery service XPO has quality issues depending on the area you live in. I feel bad for the people who have had a bad experience and I would go the extra mile to read about XPO in your area. Downside is that it's a delivery service that we expect quality from but in general delivery services are kind of bad. It is on Peloton to make sure their delivery service is better because XPO actually puts this product together, rather than just delivering in one piece. Peloton needs to figure out a way to make sure their is consistency across their delivery areas, I'm not in logistics, so... I hope they get it figured out at some point. I can say that in the Seattle area it's good, but we also have more purchases and deliveries here than in smaller communities.

I would say before you buy equipment read everything two or three times. I see people saying they were supposed to get a full year of classes free (I have not seen this offer since more than 2 years ago. This is how they actually make their money, through their monthly fees). Make sure you understand all of the costs. There is the bike cost, the delivery cost, the monthly fee, any extra warranty costs. This bike is not cheap and yeah it has a lot of additional costs. Honestly the bike with everything if you buy it with warranties and years of classes is probably 3k.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I've owned a Peloton Bike since November of 2017. At that time my daughter and I have done more than 750 rides. No driving time to the gym, just hop on. It's as hard of a workout as you want it to be. I come off drenched and it feels great. Live rides or on demand are available and you can follow friends on the leaderboard. It can get competitive on the leaderboard, if that what you are into. It's a workout game changer for my house. Workouts happen rain or shine. I have to say it's been a great investment in my family's health. We had a cracked water holder, they shipped me a new one. Most of the other issues I figured out with the vast Facebook community online. Thanks to Peloton and my Peloton Family.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I don’t usually like exercise machines because I get bored. I have a gym membership and at most make it only one time per week. I was out shape. I bought the Peloton 3 months ago and committed to 20 mins hardcore riding and one 10 min arm strengthening per day. Even though it’s not a lot of time working out each day, I can feel my body getting stronger and I feel so much better. I sleep better and feel less stressed. My blood pressure is going down. I am getting addicted to the workouts and I have never been one to like working out.

The classes are new and interesting and I definitely feel challenged with every workout. I also love That the bike tracks my workout stats. The goal is to improve upon the previous workouts. I feel like making time for 20 minutes per day should be the least I can do for my body. I have had to contact Peloton for a broken water bottle holder and they sent me a new one promptly. No complaints with customer service. I hope I can continue feeling motivated with the bike. After 3 months I am still loving it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

This bike is amazing! I can work out in my home at MY convenience: live rides/other classes streaming throughout the day in addition to thousands available at any time on demand. 10, 20, 30, 45 minutes+ whatever works for the time you have. The instructors are phenomenal! They not only teach on the bike, but are very entertaining. The metrics/leaderboard on the bike are extremely motivating if you are even a little bit competitive. I definitely work out harder on this bike (than I ever did going to a spin class) being able to now see my output and where I'm at on the leaderboard with everyone else taking the class. And now they offer additional "off bike" content so you never really need to go out to a gym: yoga, indoor and outdoor running, weight training, boot camp, meditation, etc.

I've had my bike for 10 months and use it regularly 3-6 days a week... Working out now more than I ever did when I had to go out to a gym! Something to note that I've read in the bad reviews: If you don't want the Peloton shoes (or fit, think they only go up to men size 13) many people opt to change out the pedals so they can use different spin shoes. Also, you can put the bike on carpet... They just recommend putting plywood down under a mat.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I work at home and busy as hell. I love spin classes but getting to the gym on the gym’s schedule is very tough - plus I have to spend time getting there and back. I have had my bike for three years now and I have used it continuously. My bike has never need service and it still looks new. I don’t love every Peloton instructor, but I think that’s the point. There is one or two (or more) instructors that you end up liking. But they are all professionals — just different styles. The single best spin class I have ever taken, anywhere, was a George Hincapie Peloton Class where he took the class through a high drama Tour de France stage with his TDF teammates on bikes in the room (he raced TDF 17 times).

The bike metrics are awesome — power, RPMs, calorie estimate, customized zones if you give your inputs, heart rate if you wear the strap, etc. The flywheel is not as heavy as gym bikes, and I was worried about that. But I quickly got used to it. The bike is solid. Obviously you need good WiFi. I definitely recommend the Peloton bike.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

The bike and classes are amazing but if you want anything from their customer service talk only to a supervisor and be demanding or you will get nothing. When I called Peloton because I realized my bike was not properly calibrated, the woman with whom I spoke said that I could calibrate it very easily myself and she would send me a kit. The kit came with no tools so I had to go and get them. They sent me video directions which didn't show all the steps. I spent 45 minutes just trying to remove the wheel guard and cup holder and I gave up. I called customer service and demanded they send a technician right away. Eventually they agreed to send someone but not without a heated discussion. Let's see if they show.

Original review: July 12, 2019

In March of 2018 I purchased a Peloton bike, shoes and a three (3) year subscription. One year and 4 months later I received a message while riding that my subscription was expiring. I know that I selected a 3 year subscription but when I emailed Peloton customer service they said that it was for 1 year. I've had the bike for over a year so why am I now being notified? I sent them a copy of the original email and of course it did not say 3 years. Note to buyers make sure they write the term out in the email. They did on the other hand send me an altered receipt that said 12 months today. I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with Peloton. I had NOTHING but positive things to say about them prior to today. This has been very unfortunate to say the least. MAKE SURE THEY SPELL THINGS OUT. OTHERWISE THEY WILL BAIT AND SWITCH. Like they did to me.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I purchased the tread back in December of 2018. We have recently updated our home gym space to another room adjacent to the current location. I called Peloton to get assistance to professionally move the tread so as not to affect warranty and was told I had to hire an outside mover (for 20') and if they damaged it the warranty would void. Considering the cost of the tread, and the monthly fees you are required to participate in, I thought that was not great customer service.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I own a Peloton bike & subscribe to the monthly membership. I referred a friend who purchased a bike & used my referral code which is an 'incentive' with Peloton that provides a $100 credit to the Peloton store to the referring friend. This is not honored & they do not provide the credit but merely dismiss you when you ask about it. I went as far as providing screenshots of the order & every detail of my friends transaction. They were dismissive & could care less. They got from us what they wanted which was over $2,000 each in bike & accessories purchases plus $40/month in subscription fees. I've cancelled my account on mere principle. This is not how consumers should be treated. Very disappointed in Peloton. Extremely unprofessional.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I ordered two bikes from Peloton, Both went to different locations. Both were supposed to be delivered on the same Monday between 6-9pm. The first one, we received a call on the Saturday before that they were at the house to deliver. We had to leave work, to get there. The delivery guys were very rude, never even showed us how to turn on the bike, and left.

The second bike was supposed to be delivered between 6-9 pm also. They called at 1:00pm at our house. No one was there, and the driver said he would have to call dispatch to change to 6-9, and that he would call me back. They never called back. We were going out of town for two weeks, so I called Peloton again, and just cancelled the second bike. The company they use for delivery is as lame as it gets. Seems to be just a part of a bigger scam. Also, with the bike that was delivered, it doesn't want to hook up to WiFi, even though we have a strong signal. My advice, is to wait until Peloton gets their act together, or go with a different bike.

Peloton Company Information