Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.88/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Peloton Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I first purchased the bike almost 2 years ago. Many of my friends had already owned it. I had been wanting it since it first came out on the market. My husband was hesitant of me getting it, since I am highly active, I go to the gym every morning, run, hike, bike & play tennis 4x a week. He didn’t think I would use it at home, since I like to go out to the gym, play tennis after my workout etc. I said, no, I would totally use it, especially in the evenings when I don’t do anything else.

Finally, after many friends already had it, I decided it was time. I loved it so much, I went back into the store & purchased the TREAD, 6 months later!!! Sure, I still go to the gym daily & do all of my activities- but I love the fact that I don’t HAVE to leave the house to get in a GREAT workout!! The instructors are all on point, you’ll have your FAVs, the music is fantastic, the leaderboard is motivating, and it’s awesome that I can FaceTime a friend while on there, and we ride together, and can talk if we want. Kills two birds with one stone, while increasing the heart rate for all the RIGHT reasons! What’s not to love?

Oh, and by the way. I love the holiday ADs. When you’re a Peloton fan, you’ll love it all. I get excited when I hear the Christmas ads play with the BOMB songs, reminds me of why I love the whole entire brand!! I listened to the podcast (how I built this) about the owner/creator of peloton— John Foley- love your story, and applaud you for your hard work & determination. Myself, and all of my friends (28 good friends of mine) who own Peloton’s, we couldn’t be happier!! Thank you!

It’s not always about losing weight, it’s about maintenance too. It’s about convenience. And the bike is esthetically pleasing, you can pop that anywhere in your home & it's heartened to look GOOD. And it’s a statement piece!!! Enjoy it!! Haters will hate, for no good reason. You’re on to something amazing peloton. Thank you for that!!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Originally purchased as an exercise outlet for my husband, I very shortly became addicted to the classes as well as the smooth ride the technical quality of the bike provides. I have clocked 1,600 rides in a 3-year period and attribute much of my healthful living to Peloton and it’s supportive cycling community. The quality of the Peloton is superb and is by far the most structurally sound bike I have ridden to date. When I had a pedal issue, it was simply replaced with one phone call. Delivery issues, of which I had none, are only a temporary problem. We will be purchasing a second Peloton for Cape Cod riding in the summer. I recommend this bike and app to all my friends and anyone willing to listen. Don’t delay! Take charge of your fitness and well-being. Purchase your bike today and start on your path to healthful living.

Betsy

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I just received my Peloton bike and I was so impressed with the way Q and Gina delivered the bike so professionally. They called 30 minutes in advance to say when they would arrive, they arrived right on time, they offered to take off their shoes, they set up the bike exactly where I wanted it and removed all the trash. All of this is expected. Then, Q when through all of the details of the bike. He was professional and pleasant. It really showed that he is passionate about the company and takes pride in his work. He works in the warehouse in Beltsville Maryland and is in the quality control/delivery department.

I loved the fact that they both wore Peloton gear, so it was clear they were representatives of the company. Q knows the product so well that he was able to answer all of my questions. I honestly dreaded the delivery based on the reviews from the past, but it looks like Peloton solved their delivery issues in Maryland. As a prior Director of a billion $ international company, keep Q as an employee if you can. His work ethic and passion for the company can be hard to find. Now, it's time to ride!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I have owned my Peloton Bike for 1.5 years now and it's been absolutely amazing. I'm not going to say I've never had any issues because that wouldn't be true. About 9 months in one of our pedals (which my husband installed incorrectly) ended up stripping which made the bike unrideable, but within a few days a service person came out to replace it for free with my warranty. On occasion there have been some issues with wifi connecting, but I'd say 98% of the time everything is up and running. I do notice people get really angry when something isn't up 100% of the time, but somehow they still use other streaming services that glitch and they don't get nearly as angry. I've had a great experience and met a lot of people in the Peloton community on and off of Facebook.

It's true, Peloton is going through a growth spurt and so they probably aren't equipped with everything they need for everyone and their delivery service XPO has quality issues depending on the area you live in. I feel bad for the people who have had a bad experience and I would go the extra mile to read about XPO in your area. Downside is that it's a delivery service that we expect quality from but in general delivery services are kind of bad. It is on Peloton to make sure their delivery service is better because XPO actually puts this product together, rather than just delivering in one piece. Peloton needs to figure out a way to make sure their is consistency across their delivery areas, I'm not in logistics, so... I hope they get it figured out at some point. I can say that in the Seattle area it's good, but we also have more purchases and deliveries here than in smaller communities.

I would say before you buy equipment read everything two or three times. I see people saying they were supposed to get a full year of classes free (I have not seen this offer since more than 2 years ago. This is how they actually make their money, through their monthly fees). Make sure you understand all of the costs. There is the bike cost, the delivery cost, the monthly fee, any extra warranty costs. This bike is not cheap and yeah it has a lot of additional costs. Honestly the bike with everything if you buy it with warranties and years of classes is probably 3k.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I don’t usually like exercise machines because I get bored. I have a gym membership and at most make it only one time per week. I was out shape. I bought the Peloton 3 months ago and committed to 20 mins hardcore riding and one 10 min arm strengthening per day. Even though it’s not a lot of time working out each day, I can feel my body getting stronger and I feel so much better. I sleep better and feel less stressed. My blood pressure is going down. I am getting addicted to the workouts and I have never been one to like working out.

The classes are new and interesting and I definitely feel challenged with every workout. I also love That the bike tracks my workout stats. The goal is to improve upon the previous workouts. I feel like making time for 20 minutes per day should be the least I can do for my body. I have had to contact Peloton for a broken water bottle holder and they sent me a new one promptly. No complaints with customer service. I hope I can continue feeling motivated with the bike. After 3 months I am still loving it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Got a new Peloton bike for Christmas. Installers installed the pedal wrong and cross-threaded it so it was loose and came out. Took a week to get a replacement in the mail and a few more days for them to come back and install the new one. Once the new pedal and crank were installed, we realized they installed the crank at the same level as the other side. So you can't actually "pedal". Now we have to wait another week for them to come to fix it. They have 1 job and have failed twice now costing 4 weeks of our time. Hire in-house installers, not a 3rd party.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I ride this bike a few times a week and the seat is very uncomfortable. The worse part is the design causes your man parts to go numb for a half-hour after your ride. This makes exercising extremely uncomfortable and I doubt there is any data about the long-term effects of riding the Peloton bike. I have a lot of experience with other stationery and real bikes but never have had one that completely makes your private parts numb like this. This is not safe for men to do over an extended period and needs to be addressed ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Terrible. I ordered a bike, paid in full, scheduled the delivery, and then they never came. When I called they said "oh sorry; we're rescheduling all the deliveries today in your area". So, in short, I sat at home all morning, wasting my time, and had to call them to find out that they weren't fulfilling the delivery they had confirmed. My question; when were you going to inform me, or were you just planning to keep my $2,500 and hope I didn't notice. I immediately cancelled, am expecting a full refund, and will be making other arrangements to workout. Clearly they need some training on customer service before I look at buying from them again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Just an update and overall synopsis of the whole situation. On Thursday, day before the delivery, I have yet to receive ANY correspondence from your company after making the purchase of the bike. I have not received any phone calls to the number confirmed from the carrier delivering or from Peloton support. On Friday afternoon (12:45), I called Peloton to ask if they were able to see if I was still scheduled for delivery today as I had not been contacted. They stated yes from 4-7pm and apologized I had not been contacted.

On Friday evening at a little after 7pm, I spent a total of 47 minutes on the phone awaiting to find out if they would be coming. You indicated that after viewing their work load that you did not believe they would be out and processed a refund without me asking for anything. It was as if this was supposed to immediately appease me and hopefully resolve the lengthy wait and me taking off work to meet them. You indicated you put the "carrier on notice" and to notify you if they did not contact me in 24 hours.

On Sunday at 9:17 am, I contacted Peloton support directly to allow someone to provide immediate answers to the idea that no one from the carrier had called as I am sure it was a weekend and no one was working. However, giving the expectation that someone would is the only reason I believed differently. The person that spoke with me Sunday indicated he had no way of contacting as they were closed, as expected and indicated he would reach out "Monday morning as soon as he could speak with the carrier."

Fast forward to 2:26PM when the gentleman called me back indicating that he was "able to get me rescheduled for Friday" which I believe to be comical. You would expect the delivery of an almost $3k bike to be AT LEAST on time. And if something is different THEN COMMUNICATE, so my expectation would be different and none of this rant would be written! I am a Service Director and if one of my advisors did something like this they would be fired. Lack of communication creates poor customer experiences every time and guaranteed to lose business and "word of mouth," which is worse than everything else.

I would NEVER recommend your product as of this point and I haven't even ridden the bike. This company delivering the bike is just as poor in communication as the company providing the bike. Now, I will take more time away for a window that was not instructed over the phone, no email confirmation of ANYTHING has EVER been sent by your company. No "expect your bike this day" no "who I should look out for" no "they should arrive between this time."

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Our first delivery was suppose to be 1/2/20... Never showed up. Supposedly their truck broke down. Second delivery was suppose to be 1/10/20... Never showed up. The delivery is through XPO Logistics. Maybe you should find someone else to have these delivered.

Not sure about Peloton?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right weight loss program for you.

Peloton Company Information