2.16/5

92 Peloton Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2019

I've owned a Peloton Bike since November of 2017. At that time my daughter and I have done more than 750 rides. No driving time to the gym, just hop on. It's as hard of a workout as you want it to be. I come off drenched and it feels great. Live rides or on demand are available and you can follow friends on the leaderboard. It can get competitive on the leaderboard, if that what you are into. It's a workout game changer for my house. Workouts happen rain or shine. I have to say it's been a great investment in my family's health. We had a cracked water holder, they shipped me a new one. Most of the other issues I figured out with the vast Facebook community online. Thanks to Peloton and my Peloton Family.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I don’t usually like exercise machines because I get bored. I have a gym membership and at most make it only one time per week. I was out shape. I bought the Peloton 3 months ago and committed to 20 mins hardcore riding and one 10 min arm strengthening per day. Even though it’s not a lot of time working out each day, I can feel my body getting stronger and I feel so much better. I sleep better and feel less stressed. My blood pressure is going down. I am getting addicted to the workouts and I have never been one to like working out.

The classes are new and interesting and I definitely feel challenged with every workout. I also love That the bike tracks my workout stats. The goal is to improve upon the previous workouts. I feel like making time for 20 minutes per day should be the least I can do for my body. I have had to contact Peloton for a broken water bottle holder and they sent me a new one promptly. No complaints with customer service. I hope I can continue feeling motivated with the bike. After 3 months I am still loving it.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

This bike is amazing! I can work out in my home at MY convenience: live rides/other classes streaming throughout the day in addition to thousands available at any time on demand. 10, 20, 30, 45 minutes+ whatever works for the time you have. The instructors are phenomenal! They not only teach on the bike, but are very entertaining. The metrics/leaderboard on the bike are extremely motivating if you are even a little bit competitive. I definitely work out harder on this bike (than I ever did going to a spin class) being able to now see my output and where I'm at on the leaderboard with everyone else taking the class. And now they offer additional "off bike" content so you never really need to go out to a gym: yoga, indoor and outdoor running, weight training, boot camp, meditation, etc.

I've had my bike for 10 months and use it regularly 3-6 days a week... Working out now more than I ever did when I had to go out to a gym! Something to note that I've read in the bad reviews: If you don't want the Peloton shoes (or fit, think they only go up to men size 13) many people opt to change out the pedals so they can use different spin shoes. Also, you can put the bike on carpet... They just recommend putting plywood down under a mat.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I work at home and busy as hell. I love spin classes but getting to the gym on the gym’s schedule is very tough - plus I have to spend time getting there and back. I have had my bike for three years now and I have used it continuously. My bike has never need service and it still looks new. I don’t love every Peloton instructor, but I think that’s the point. There is one or two (or more) instructors that you end up liking. But they are all professionals — just different styles. The single best spin class I have ever taken, anywhere, was a George Hincapie Peloton Class where he took the class through a high drama Tour de France stage with his TDF teammates on bikes in the room (he raced TDF 17 times).

The bike metrics are awesome — power, RPMs, calorie estimate, customized zones if you give your inputs, heart rate if you wear the strap, etc. The flywheel is not as heavy as gym bikes, and I was worried about that. But I quickly got used to it. The bike is solid. Obviously you need good WiFi. I definitely recommend the Peloton bike.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My wife was in New York and saw the Peloton store while she was up there visiting girlfriends. She was impressed with what she saw. I knew she was seriously looking for a solid workout machine for the house so I figured it would be a great gift and great for her transition out of post-partum (recent childbirth). She got depressed after #1 and #2 so I was very motivated to help her however I could. When it arrived I was truly impressed. It has a very modern design, sleek. And very sturdy and well built. As nice (probably nicer) than any fancy bike you will see in a gym or studio.

So far I have taken a class about two of every three days (for the last few months). Sometimes I do a live class, sometimes I do an “on demand” class. Just this morning, I woke at 650 and went downstairs and took a 45-min live class. Damn, I’m feeling good at work today. Pre-work classes always make me a high functioning, energetic teammate in the office. Always, I enjoy this bike so so much. On days when I’m feeling a little sluggish I’ll do a 20 minute class, when I’m feeling good I’ll do a 45 minute one. I burn around 250 calories for every 20 minutes I ride this bike (37yr old male), which to me is a solid result for my efforts.

Besides tracking calories, you can track your cadence (rpm), resistance (how hard or easy you set it), your heart rate, and your output (a measure of cadence and resistance). Also, you can see how well you are doing against yourself (your previous rides), others, and even friends. For someone who is inspired by competition (like me!) this is the workout bike for you.

As for my wife. Although we got the bike “for her,” we both use it equally. Some nights, after the kids are down, we head to the basement together and she does a 20-min ride while I do a stretch (Peloton offers much more than just bike instruction), then we swap. For our stretch/yoga/strength classes that they offer, we just stream those to a TV from my phone. Of course whoever is on the bike is using the bike screen. One of us has to put on earphones, it’s sort of annoying if we are both listening to instructors at the same time. Doing this workout together has actually been something that’s improved our relationship through a like interest, comradery, and improving each of our overall feeling (mind body etc).

She (“we” as most now say) just had a baby-our second. She recently told me this has helped her drop the baby fat faster than any other form of exercise in the past. Makes sense considering it’s primarily working your thighs and glutes which are the largest muscle areas in your body, resulting in a fantastic cardio workout. As for me, I have seen massive improvements in my lower body physique. Actually my upper body as well as I often take classes that mix legs and arm workouts in one session-all on the bike (Peloton comes with weights and you pick between 1lb, 2lb, or 3lb).

So bottom line we are both feeling energetic, healthier, and stronger. Which means (personally speaking), I’m feeling HAPPIER. Additionally, I play ice hockey and as the oldest guy on the team the bike has helped me regain some lost speed and strength. And most importantly, I don’t get winded after a long shift, which used to be the norm.

All and all, I have NO ISSUES with this bike. Worst thing to happen so far is the heart rate monitor (which is wireless) has lost connection during a ride, but that didn’t matter much to me. Maybe it was even my fault, I don’t know. Anyways, feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions. I’m happy to answer anything I can. Also, my referral code is below. If you use it you will receive $100 off your bike (and I will get a coupon to buy Peloton clothing apparel, woohoo!). All the best to each and every one of you. My referral code: **. If you have a Peloton, add me as a friend! My username is CaptainSpandexx.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: July 12, 2019

In March of 2018 I purchased a Peloton bike, shoes and a three (3) year subscription. One year and 4 months later I received a message while riding that my subscription was expiring. I know that I selected a 3 year subscription but when I emailed Peloton customer service they said that it was for 1 year. I've had the bike for over a year so why am I now being notified? I sent them a copy of the original email and of course it did not say 3 years. Note to buyers make sure they write the term out in the email. They did on the other hand send me an altered receipt that said 12 months today. I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with Peloton. I had NOTHING but positive things to say about them prior to today. This has been very unfortunate to say the least. MAKE SURE THEY SPELL THINGS OUT. OTHERWISE THEY WILL BAIT AND SWITCH. Like they did to me.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I purchased the tread back in December of 2018. We have recently updated our home gym space to another room adjacent to the current location. I called Peloton to get assistance to professionally move the tread so as not to affect warranty and was told I had to hire an outside mover (for 20') and if they damaged it the warranty would void. Considering the cost of the tread, and the monthly fees you are required to participate in, I thought that was not great customer service.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I own a Peloton bike & subscribe to the monthly membership. I referred a friend who purchased a bike & used my referral code which is an 'incentive' with Peloton that provides a $100 credit to the Peloton store to the referring friend. This is not honored & they do not provide the credit but merely dismiss you when you ask about it. I went as far as providing screenshots of the order & every detail of my friends transaction. They were dismissive & could care less. They got from us what they wanted which was over $2,000 each in bike & accessories purchases plus $40/month in subscription fees. I've cancelled my account on mere principle. This is not how consumers should be treated. Very disappointed in Peloton. Extremely unprofessional.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I ordered two bikes from Peloton, Both went to different locations. Both were supposed to be delivered on the same Monday between 6-9pm. The first one, we received a call on the Saturday before that they were at the house to deliver. We had to leave work, to get there. The delivery guys were very rude, never even showed us how to turn on the bike, and left.

The second bike was supposed to be delivered between 6-9 pm also. They called at 1:00pm at our house. No one was there, and the driver said he would have to call dispatch to change to 6-9, and that he would call me back. They never called back. We were going out of town for two weeks, so I called Peloton again, and just cancelled the second bike. The company they use for delivery is as lame as it gets. Seems to be just a part of a bigger scam. Also, with the bike that was delivered, it doesn't want to hook up to WiFi, even though we have a strong signal. My advice, is to wait until Peloton gets their act together, or go with a different bike.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I ordered the Peloton treadmill in early May 2019 for nearly $5000. I scheduled delivery twice (I’ve taken 16 hours of vacation time) and no one has shown up. When I call Peloton they apologize and tell me they will look into it and call me back and I have yet to get a call back. I have called XPO Logistics 5+ times and they tell me things like they can’t get ahold of the driver and they can’t find the truck... both times this has been their explanation. At this point both these companies seem fraudulent. I would encourage you to spend your hard earned money elsewhere. Both Peloton and XPO logistics offer some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will also be reporting both companies to the BBB. Service this poor should be investigated.

Original review: May 28, 2019

My joints can no longer take running so after a several injuries, I decided to try spinning. I got the bike in November and started with scenic rides as I could not begin to keep up with the classes. After a few months I was able to take the classes, and now I do a class of 30-60 minutes every other day. I definitely feel my strength and endurance improving. The ride selection is diverse. You can choose anything from low impact, to sing alongs, to HIIT rides. The instructors have different styles and but are all very talented and motivating! If you’re thinking of getting one, just DO IT! The only thing you’ll regret is not having gotten it sooner!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I love cycling, and I heard so many good things about Peloton.... until I actually ordered the bike. Peloton customer service supervisor are liars, they are unprofessional and don’t care about customers. I never got my bike delivered, they made up so many things, and gave me so many excuses. Until today I told them to keep their bike. I won’t buy anything from them ever again. I won’t have any Peloton product in my house even if it was free!!!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

Considering I read and re-read information about the Peloton bike and my invoice for the shipment said 0 for the first year for the digital membership when all of a sudden, I am charged $39 for the monthly membership. I just received the bike yesterday with a shipping charge of $250 which is one thing but when I called to complain about the charges, I am now returning the bike which is another $250 out of pocket. I think this is insane as I am returning the bike within the 30-day window and to not offer something to the customer when they lied on the invoice, too, is just horrible customer service. I will never buy anything with the Peloton brand on it...ever. They are making money off lies.

Original review: May 7, 2019

The bike is awesome, the community is awesome, the customer service is the best I have ever felt with in any industry. The Peloton bike is everything the hype has said and more. Don’t fall into the trap of the very few negative folks. The community is well above the small 1 percent you see complaining here. I love my bike, ride almost daily and love the community of it all to help one another and keep each other motivated. And yes I have experienced an issue and needed customer service and I mean it when I say it was the best I have ever experienced in my life. Their team does it right.

Original review: May 6, 2019

We have both the bike and the tread. Classes are great, really - outstanding workout at home. However, both bike and especially tread have been extremely unreliable. Lots of software issues AND hardware issues. Which is bad, but support has been AWFUL. They are clearly overwhelmed. Peloton has clearly prioritized classes/programming and sales/marketing over product quality and support.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have great WiFi. No issues on my end - but the stream keeps going out on the Peloton. It's hard to keep going when you lose connection, you are out of sync with the class - you don't know what resistance to be on or what cadence. Wasted time.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I’ve had my Peloton for 2.5 weeks. My husband and I each ride once maybe twice a day. Classes are great. However, the quality of the bike is questionable. The pedal broke mid stride while clipped in for a class. Was injured. Customer service needs improvement for issue-related calls. Returned everything. The support system is great, but listen to the reviews. Most are spot on about this company, the product, and the known issues.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I admit, I have not ridden this bike...but I really wanted to. I tried on several occasions to order one. No delivery in my area. Delivery to another location means no warranty. Can't buy it at the store as that's just for trying them out. Do they actually want to sell these bikes?? These guys have a very limited area of service and due to no communication back... My guess is they are making enough money and don't need mine. I've already moved on. Anyone else in this situation?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This was delivered exactly when they said, and the team sent out was professional and very helpful. This is a very high-quality product! Owning a Peloton is not just owning a piece of exercise equipment. It is an immersive experience. You instantly become part of a very supportive community. It is hard to explain, so most people just call it a cult. I get that now that I am a part of it. In just two months, it has changed my life. It has added to my happiness.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This bike costs close to $2k and it is utter garbage from the actual quality of the equipment all the way to the workout itself. Five minutes into my first time the pedal kept slipping. Save your money and invest it in a gym or a regular treadmill. Do not fall into the craze. It is not worth it.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

As usual The British consumers are being short changed, that is if you’ve subscribed to OnePeloton and live in the UK. The main selling point is the live classes, however as yet they are only streamed from New York, leaving the UK with stupid class times. I feel OnePeloton should offer free subscription until they’ve opened a UK live studio. Also the set up is by a couple of blokes with only a hours training, they also deliver washing machines and fridges.

Some of the instructors talk way too much and say irrelevant things e.g. "get your life together." Thanks Cody, I really need to hear that every other sentence. At the other end of the instructor spectrum is Emma **, her narrative is more encouraging, restrained and thought out. If this half billion dollar company are happy with the half ** UK roll out then the future of OnePeloton won’t be as rosy as investors hope.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Have had two bikes since first week of January 2019... Neither one lasted more than 7 days due to bike pedal threads being stripped. Second time almost injured my wife as she was pedaling (pedal literally came out still attached to her shoe). It’s obvious they don't care too much about the bike or the bike members anymore now that the Tread is in play. Their support even stated that they are so backed up due to all the focus being on the Tread. Was a new member... now no longer a member because of the fear of injury (from lack of product or install quality).

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

So far, I ordered the bike and have been met with all kinds of logistic and customer service challenges. They initially provide you a time for delivery, and if it does not work there is an opportunity to reschedule. This is where it becomes a hassle: They ask YOU to provide them multiple time choices. This is for their convenience, not yours. They should provide YOU the customer a number of alternate choices to choose from.

My work schedule makes delivery difficult, but not impossible. I can carve out times with notice, but not multiple time windows to provide for them to select from.

More so they should (IMHO) offer a portal for customers to select from, based on location parameters. If they are trying to be efficient with logistics (which I totally get), then have the customer enter their address data...after which they will be presented a calendar of choices to select from. I continually get a different resource responding through their ticketing system of which I am familiar with due to my line of business...and which I know is a common business practice...but it feels less than helpful when having so much back and forth and having 7 different people re-interpret the conversation and get 7 different attitudes and perception.

I fear actually receiving the product now. I am being charged an exorbitant amount of money for delivery ($250) for what is essentially about the size of a smaller piece of furniture, and after reading the comments here I have no interest allowing the delivery into my home. The product better be no less than perfect. I've come very close to returning already before even receiving. If you are reading ANY of these comments Peloton leadership, you have a serious logistic issue as a trend and you might want to stop the bleeding before you lose the luster and market share. For perspective, the unit was ordered prior to mid Feb and will be delivered now the second week of March. I'll update as the experience goes on.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I bought the Peloton thinking I would use it for scenic rides. They have a lot of them. But instead I take the classes. They're really great, and they make you feel like you're part of it. The bike is extremely well built. The electronics are first class. The picture quality is great. And the experience is unbelievable. I don't get the full benefit of the bike because I removed the clip pedals for regular pedals. So I'll never be at the top of the leader board. So what. I'll say one final thing. The bike, classes, and electronics are so well thought out it could be an Apple product.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I ordered the Peleton treadmill and my delivery date was 2 1/2 weeks out. My window of time was from 3-5 PM and the delivery team was supposed to call 30 minutes before arrival. At 4:30 I called the shipping phone number assuming I should have gotten a phone call by then. Chris, from shipping, said that they had tried to deliver between 230-310 and no one was there to accept shipment. This was not true since I was home, I live on the end of a culdesac, and I was actually outside at 3 waiting for my daughters bus. They never rang the bell or called saying they were “waiting” outside. I’ve been getting the run around trying to get a new delivery date... Now I am waiting an additional 12 days for a mistake they made.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The bike far exceeds my expectations and the commercials don’t do it justice. When ordering, it isn’t clear that you can’t ride it unless you order toe clips or their shoes (no other shoes will fit, I was told.). After calling customer service, they sent me free toe clips and I used a coupon for $100 off the shoes. The classes are great. The quality of the bike is wonderful. I wish they had some older instructors for variety, though. There are fit people in their 40’s and 50’s. Can you imagine Boris Kodjoe teaching the class! :) Anyhoo, I love my Pelly!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Don’t listen to the nay-sayers. Bike is phenomenal quality, almost silent in operation, classes and instructors work. They use 3rd party delivery services, but my mine was great. Classes are challenging and rewarding. I sweat like a pig in heat, but stronger, faster and higher effort there is none. Highly recommend if you want to put in the work.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Purchase my bike about 15 months ago. Ordering was a breeze, delivery was quick and easy, and getting started was very simple. Since then have taken over 320 rides and other family members also use it. Bike is amazing (far superior to bikes I've used in gyms and spin classes) and the instructors and classes are terrific. There is something for everyone, from beginners to advanced, and with classes from 15 - 60+ minutes there is always time to fit in a quick workout. Added the extra service plan just before my one year anniversary and they made that step easy as well. Convenient, fun, and easy to use.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Peloton states you can create a library of your favorite downloads. That’s true until they clean out their library and your saved rides are no longer available. Very disappointed with this lie. Contract does not state this little detail which is huge as you create a library of your favorite classes.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Technical issues galore! Half the time I use a Peloton bike I experience issues with the headphone jack or classes cutting in and out. I live in the middle of Chicago with high speed internet service, so the connectivity issues are not on my end, but over 50% of the time I take one of the classes out of their library of classes, it cuts in and out or stops altogether. Also, many times I use my headphones, even with them plugged into the jack, the sound will still come out of the monitor, and not through the headphones. There seem to be technical issues with this bike half the time I try to do a workout, which ends up demotivating me from working out on it at all. This bike is WAY too expensive for these types of issues to occur at this level of frequency. Get yourself a Soul Cycle subscription instead.

Peloton Company Information