4.20/5
Based on 40 reviews that contain star ratings

40 Peloton Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

First I contacted the company, and the initial salesperson seems to have forgotten to contact me back (until over like two weeks later). Then I received this $100 off from another salesperson, and she did initially work to change my mind about purchasing. I confirmed with her, in writing, that they would deliver my bike on the day of my choice; Fridays or Saturdays - as I live very rural. Then the shipping company XPO called and was very rude. They only deliver on Tuesdays, and would not give me a supervisor's voicemail or telephone number. Then this sales lady at Peloton told me I would get a refund, then fell off the face of the earth.

Only when I got back online and went to a chat person to let them know I would be filing a complaint did they tell me how to get my money back. It should have never needed elevation to a supervisor, but it was. If you still think you want to buy from them, ensure you print and keep copies of ALL correspondence. I promise you, you will need it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I called Peloton and explained my bike isn't calibrated - what should be a simple issue. I am then asked to record myself and send in videos which I tell them I'm not comfortable doing and explain it wouldn't show anything other than what I've described. Finally, they say they will send a team to fix the bike. I've been waiting since July for my bike to be fixed. Note, you pay a monthly subscription so you would expect support to be faster than this. I schedule time off work to be available and these two guys show up who don't speak English and have no idea how to fix the bike. They are nice but they just look at me and say "complicato" and "new bike", call Peloton.

I call Peloton and explain I'm upset that I've waited so long and these guys had no idea what they were doing and I can't even communicate to them. Then the customer support agent from Peloton, who was professional and nice, says they will send a new bike on Tuesday. So I have to take time off work AGAIN and today two guys show up and are rude. They never called the night before like they were supposed to either. They say my old bike has no issue without even turning on the monitor. They change the bikes. I sign for it but then think better so I say please wait while I test it. I test the bike and the same issue is present. No difference! Then I show them and then they agree there is an issue but say well you just got a new bike frame, we don't have anything to do with the monitor.

This is the same company that came the first time so you would think they would tell Peloton what is wrong based on looking at the bike. Then I get on my computer to call Peloton and I see the guys getting in the truck to leave. They left all the trash from the bike in my house so I didn't think they would leave. Then I run after them and they tell me I don't need to talk to a manager because they will tell me to call Peloton. I beg to differ. So finally I get a manager and I'm furious. They are flippant about the whole situation and just say call Peloton. Now I still have a broken bike after months, called Peloton and have to wait for a manager to call me.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My wife was in New York and saw the Peloton store while she was up there visiting girlfriends. She was impressed with what she saw. I knew she was seriously looking for a solid workout machine for the house so I figured it would be a great gift and great for her transition out of post-partum (recent childbirth). She got depressed after #1 and #2 so I was very motivated to help her however I could. When it arrived I was truly impressed. It has a very modern design, sleek. And very sturdy and well built. As nice (probably nicer) than any fancy bike you will see in a gym or studio.

So far I have taken a class about two of every three days (for the last few months). Sometimes I do a live class, sometimes I do an “on demand” class. Just this morning, I woke at 650 and went downstairs and took a 45-min live class. Damn, I’m feeling good at work today. Pre-work classes always make me a high functioning, energetic teammate in the office. Always, I enjoy this bike so so much. On days when I’m feeling a little sluggish I’ll do a 20 minute class, when I’m feeling good I’ll do a 45 minute one. I burn around 250 calories for every 20 minutes I ride this bike (37yr old male), which to me is a solid result for my efforts.

Besides tracking calories, you can track your cadence (rpm), resistance (how hard or easy you set it), your heart rate, and your output (a measure of cadence and resistance). Also, you can see how well you are doing against yourself (your previous rides), others, and even friends. For someone who is inspired by competition (like me!) this is the workout bike for you.

As for my wife. Although we got the bike “for her,” we both use it equally. Some nights, after the kids are down, we head to the basement together and she does a 20-min ride while I do a stretch (Peloton offers much more than just bike instruction), then we swap. For our stretch/yoga/strength classes that they offer, we just stream those to a TV from my phone. Of course whoever is on the bike is using the bike screen. One of us has to put on earphones, it’s sort of annoying if we are both listening to instructors at the same time. Doing this workout together has actually been something that’s improved our relationship through a like interest, comradery, and improving each of our overall feeling (mind body etc).

She (“we” as most now say) just had a baby-our second. She recently told me this has helped her drop the baby fat faster than any other form of exercise in the past. Makes sense considering it’s primarily working your thighs and glutes which are the largest muscle areas in your body, resulting in a fantastic cardio workout. As for me, I have seen massive improvements in my lower body physique. Actually my upper body as well as I often take classes that mix legs and arm workouts in one session-all on the bike (Peloton comes with weights and you pick between 1lb, 2lb, or 3lb).

So bottom line we are both feeling energetic, healthier, and stronger. Which means (personally speaking), I’m feeling HAPPIER. Additionally, I play ice hockey and as the oldest guy on the team the bike has helped me regain some lost speed and strength. And most importantly, I don’t get winded after a long shift, which used to be the norm.

All and all, I have NO ISSUES with this bike. Worst thing to happen so far is the heart rate monitor (which is wireless) has lost connection during a ride, but that didn’t matter much to me. Maybe it was even my fault, I don’t know. Anyways, feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions. I’m happy to answer anything I can. Also, my referral code is below. If you use it you will receive $100 off your bike (and I will get a coupon to buy Peloton clothing apparel, woohoo!). All the best to each and every one of you. My referral code: **. If you have a Peloton, add me as a friend! My username is CaptainSpandexx.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The Peloton treadmill is actually very simple and easy to use. It has a lot of very good features that are not too complicated, so anyone can use it. It is really good for exercise and I enjoy running on it very much. It is great because it is challenging and it works very well for me.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I placed an order for this VERY expensive Peloton bike and was happy to do so since I have heard awesome things from other owners. However, two weeks since my order and 4 days since I was scheduled to receive my bike, I have not received it. Additionally, I cannot seem to get a straight answer from Peloton support or the company they contract with as to when I should expect the bike. They do an excellent job of promoting their product, but the follow through is below par. Not the type of customer service you would expect from a company selling such an expensive bike. Be careful when ordering this product. You may not receive it as promised.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: July 23, 2018

I find the Peloton bike very easy to use. It was completely easy to set up and now all I have to do is jump on the bike. I like that it allows me to use it like I'm actually taking a class at a gym. It is so convenient that I never have to leave my house. However, I do not like that price. It can be very expensive, but I do find that it is worth it to have a gym like experience in the comfort of my home.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I’ve had the Peloton bike for 2+ years. After 6 months I started having problems with the screen shutting down/freezing mid-spin. After a minute the screen would automatically reboot. After several weeks I contacted customer support. They had me do a few things which repaired the screen for a short time. The screen continued to do the same thing but I dealt with it and hoped it would stop. Finally at the 2 year mark of owning the bike, my screen completely shut down. I called customer support and explained the problem.

Long story short, they said I would need to purchase a new screen for $700 but they would give me a discount and charge me $400. I was very upset that a $3000 machine had this major of a repair and they said this is technology and because I didn’t purchase the extra warranty there was nothing else they could do. My advice to anyone thinking of purchasing this bike, DON’T!!! Buy a cheap bike and watch spin classes for free through an app. This bike is a complete scam and I would never buy anything from this company again!

Original review: March 27, 2018

A 100% scam!!! 250$ shipping fee??? That you are taxed on, by the way, and to return the item you are charged an additional 250$ plus, you are not credited the taxes back, they are obnoxious and the policy is not legal!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I was an avid spin person and have always used equipment without a problem. Until I got my Peloton. The bike was delivered by a third-party. Nice people, but they have never used a spin bike in their lives, and they admitted as much. Not their fault. They put it together and left. BTW, my friend's bike was delivered and set up by people who work for Peloton and know what they're doing. Same delivery price for completely different services. Was told my zip code did not support Peloton employees for delivery. Hmmm. Was never told that prior to purchase - or maybe it's in the fine print. Off to ride - the screen is awesome and I watched the tutorial on how to set up the bike. The handlebars were impossible to move, so I called support and a very nice person talked me through the thing. It was not like the video, which looks very easy.

I was told to "Brace your feet on this - they pull toward you and up." So they don't slide up and down very easily. I can deal with that. Ready to ride - chose an easy warm up on Scenic Route, which was awesome. When it was done, I was unable to push out of pedals. No problem. I hopped off - leaving my shoes on the bike and Googled it. Apparently, it is fairly common for some new users. I followed advice I'd read online and pulled the shoes off the pedals. I noticed my cleats had moved. You have to install them yourself, which is no big deal. Maybe I needed to tighten them more.

I redid the cleats - although the soles were now damaged from the cleats moving around. I did another short ride the next day. Same problem, but this time I noticed my ankles had too much leeway. I pulled the shoes off the bike again - and the cleats had moved again. I called the company. "Jeremy" told me that I had to video myself on the bike to show the problem with "pushing off" the pedals. I live alone and was not going to do that. I asked him if he'd had any other similar complaints and he said, "yes - last week - same thing." Okay, so I finally convinced Jeremy that I was pretty sure there was a defect somewhere. He believed my pedals had to be replaced. I agreed. He said they would ship them out. When I asked how I could be sure they were installed correctly he told me not to worry because the delivery person would watch a YouTube video to get it right this time. Seriously? For that money?

Anyway, the next day I took the cleats off to reapply them so I could use them when the pedals were fixed and noticed the shoes were really damaged. I called the company and they were nice enough to send out new ones asap. I was also given a "free" month (I purchased a year in advance, but thanks) of lessons. Problem is this. I was told on January 18th that a delivery person would contact me to install new pedals. Today is the 22nd and still no call about delivery. I decided to contact Peloton via "chat" on their website. I explained that I thought their delivery practices were ridiculous - charging the same amount for different services - but that my bike was unusable and I hadn't heard about when it would be fixed. She (or the computer) responded with requisite responses "so sorry" etc. She was going to put in a request to the supervisor of the delivery company and if I don't hear from them by tomorrow afternoon, I should call them again.

Really? I'm giving two stars because the short rides I had were awesome. I have no idea how the classes are and will update my review when I'm able to ride for real. Peloton - your consumer base might be wealthy people who don't bat an eye when spending $3,300 on home exercise equipment, but I'm only a teacher who saved for a long time to get your product. Get it right!

Original review: June 2, 2017

The features I like most in the Peloton exercise bike are the comfort of the seat and portability of the bike itself. The seat is extremely comfortable and conducive to long rides. It is overall a good bike and I am happy with the brand. It is extremely easy, portable and not difficult to use at all. Take it out, unfold it and hop on. It is that simple. The whole process takes about five seconds.

Original review: June 1, 2017

The seat is very comfortable and it is extremely interactive. I also like the screen that allows me to bike wherever I want. It is not difficult to use the bike and I enjoy being able to ride it. I also enjoy how comfy it is and how it is completely adjustable to my height needs. I don't like its size but that is only because I live in a very small apartment so it's not their fault that it is squeezed in.

Original review: May 31, 2017

The Peloton bike is amazing. It has a touchscreen TV and you can ride with other users and select certain terrain to ride on. It is super fun and keeps things interesting. Everything was great but the only thing that was difficult was putting the bike together and getting everything electronic up and running. Took some time but it was worth it.

Original review: May 30, 2017

The Peloton cycle bike has a sleek look and great construction. It is easy to set up because it is so compact and also fits nicely in the spot in my home without looking out of place. I never really move it. One of the best features of the Peloton cycle bike is the interactive touch screen that has a lot of different options.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Peloton bike is absolutely perfect. This is a bike that was made for me and I was hooked when I found out there was a competitive aspect built into the software. The set up of this bike was rather easy being that it was purchases at a trade show. All I had to do was take it home, plug it in, create an account on the website and set my setting. I bike live classes daily and on demand training. Another feature I enjoy is being able to stay connected to other riders and you can track leader boards from people around the world.

Original review: May 25, 2017

The features that would improve the bike would also include the times you ride and the time you stop and also include a calorie meter and little options like burn calories. Would prefer digital meters as well. But it is very easy to set up the bike. It was just unfolding out the handles and bars to its full extent.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I love the different modes I can put my bike in. It has several different functions and it's like riding a real bike. The seat is comfortable and has the best height. And I love how is the tire movement. It is really nice, lightweight and feels well. This is the best exercise bike. It has lots of features and I love them all. It's perfect and there is nothing at all I would change about my bike. It's easy to use every aspect of my bike. It's fun and amazing. It is the perfect addition to my home gym and I love it.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Everything is good about Peloton. Everything about it was easy and pretty self-explanatory. It is a bit pricey but overall, it is one hundred percent worth it if you are serious about getting or staying in shape. It is amazing and I love it. I recommend them every single last chance that I get.

Original review: May 22, 2017

The Peloton is a blast. It offers the opportunity to compete with other riders. Custom options include resistance and a number of custom settings. Most frequently used is a partnering opportunity with certain other riders. The unit costs about 2000 dollars. It's nice but expensive. I've only had it for 3 months and it may prove to be a good investment if I reach my exercise and fitness goals. Also, it was prohibitively hard to set up, at least for me. Fortunately, I have a very mechanically adept friend. He was able to do the set up in about three hours. Glad I didn't have to do the assembly.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Peleton came with clear, easy to understand instructions. I like the live sessions, they are a unique experience. Also, the ability to ride with other people across world is a great way to get motivated and also great competition, you try to out bike the rest of the pack. I love it! Although, I find the subscription fee of $40 a month to be a little pricey. That's the cost of a gym membership. Overall, setup was easy and quick. When I received it, I was just ready to ride! Great workouts.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Peloton has an easy setup and adjusting it is simple as well. It is the best exercise bikes compared to others but I would like it to have a bigger seat for more comfort. Also, the price was extremely high. Other than that, it was a smooth ride, no jolts that hurt my joints and has easily adjustable settings. It fits in my spare bedroom perfectly without taking too much space. The screen on the exercise bike keeps my mind busy while I do my exercises and can be adjusted without me skipping a beat.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I like the computerized monitor that helps you keep track of your calories, and shows your cardio info. Different levels of intensity, making easier on some days and harder when you want more of a workout. Also like the fact that I can see on a little map how far I've "went" and how far I still have to go. However, it's difficult to set up. It's mostly metal, and is older so the parts are getting harder to put together. The pieces are also very heavy and lots of bolts and screws. It takes 2 people to move it and it stinks so I leave it in the same spot where it is in my house. It's also awkward to try and store. It's big, a clunky, definitely outdated. But still does its job, details up.

Original review: May 18, 2017

My Peloton bike runs smoothly, it's very tight, firm and in place. Not too big in size or loud. It's perfect for smaller spaces, as well as for beginners and pros in working out. In total - it's the smoothest bike I have ever been on. It's really a GAME CHANGER. Setting up is really easy and smooth, especially for a dummy like myself! It goes fast, it's well explained and it takes almost no effort to get results you desire and want. The only negative or bad thing about this bike is its price. It's very expensive, but still much better than any other bike I have ever used. I would like to see some promotions or at least free shipping if you do buy it online.

Original review: May 15, 2017

The Peloton machine is very easy to use, has a great interface, a personal assistant to help you with all aspects of not only using the machine but with your workout and progress as you go along. It is a very innovative machine with many, many options available. It produces great results, very fun and cool at the same time although a little pricey. It fits well in my home, gives a great workout, very high quality machine and I would recommend it to anyone looking to get into shape.

Original review: May 14, 2017

The bike has all of the custom features you'd expect. It's a topnotch top of the line bike from the best brand. I'd recommend it to anyone and would tell anyone and everyone to go buy one. It's very easy to setup despite all the features and comes with simple instructions. It looks difficult but there isn't a lot to worry about. If you go with this one you won't regret it. It is pricey though but it's definitely worth the price. You get what you pay for. Great company and bike.

Original review: May 13, 2017

My Peloton bike is very comfortable to use. I can track the miles I'm doing and it is the best bike ever bought because this machine makes me sweat so much. It is very easy to use. All you have to do is read the instructions and you will set it up in no time. The only thing bad about it is that it costed me a lot of money but it was worth it and I would buy it again.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I like the Distance monitoring, and variable resistance. It has Amazing interface and multimedia screen, it has everything you could want and even knew you needed. Also, it allows me to bike on a setup similar to my road bike even when the weather is bad. Its sleek design is cutting edge as well. The setup was a breeze with step by step diagrams and an Interactive dvd provided to help me with learning the interface and making my personalized settings. The seat is uncomfortable like a road bike but I knew that going in to buying it. It performs wonderfully.

Original review: April 3, 2017

The Peloton is very expensive but has amazing features which make the price justifiable. I have had bikes before and this has great features which make it a pleasure to use. I love using it at night. It's comfortable, track progress, small footprint and can experience a feeling of riding the bike outside in the fresh air. Loved the experience of feeling like you are in the mountains, that is my favorite. However, I would not have felt comfortable setting it up myself because it did seem that the electrical features made it very complicated. I'm not a technical person so I had someone set it up.

Original review: April 2, 2017

My new Peloton bike is keeping me on track. The instructors push me inspirationally and keep me going, and it's fun. The music adds a great deal of motivation and an incredible workout. Setting it up is very simple. I had the equipment set up and running in 20 minutes. The bike is well made, smooth ride.

Original review: March 25, 2017

The Peloton bike is a great brand to use by far. I really enjoy using my bike every day and showing it off to everyone who comes around. I also bought it at a great reasonable price. I like how they connect to wifi, keep you up to date on calories burned, how many miles walked, and how long that you have been using the equipment. It's a very easy to set up and came with instructions in the box to help you achieve what you are trying to achieve. I love it so much and I could not imagine my life without it. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great exercise bike. I use it every day and have even got my husband using it more often now. It was a great brand and a very high-quality machine to use.

Original review: March 23, 2017

The Peloton bike was easy to set up and operation is just as simple. It's also extremely easy to use. It's basically any other stationary bike but with the interaction with the screen and riders. One of the best things about this bike is I don't have to travel to a gym. I like that I am able to ride with folks around the world and trainers encouraging you to do your best. It's been fantastic. However, it would be nicer if there different models or more customizable parts of the bike itself. If anything a more comfortable seat but that varies from rider to rider.

Peloton Company Information