2.33/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

81 Peloton Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 23, 2019

I’ve had my Peloton for 2.5 weeks. My husband and I each ride once maybe twice a day. Classes are great. However, the quality of the bike is questionable. The pedal broke mid stride while clipped in for a class. Was injured. Customer service needs improvement for issue-related calls. Returned everything. The support system is great, but listen to the reviews. Most are spot on about this company, the product, and the known issues.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I admit, I have not ridden this bike...but I really wanted to. I tried on several occasions to order one. No delivery in my area. Delivery to another location means no warranty. Can't buy it at the store as that's just for trying them out. Do they actually want to sell these bikes?? These guys have a very limited area of service and due to no communication back... My guess is they are making enough money and don't need mine. I've already moved on. Anyone else in this situation?

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I've owned a Peloton Bike since November of 2017. At that time my daughter and I have done more than 750 rides. No driving time to the gym, just hop on. It's as hard of a workout as you want it to be. I come off drenched and it feels great. Live rides or on demand are available and you can follow friends on the leaderboard. It can get competitive on the leaderboard, if that what you are into. It's a workout game changer for my house. Workouts happen rain or shine. I have to say it's been a great investment in my family's health. We had a cracked water holder, they shipped me a new one. Most of the other issues I figured out with the vast Facebook community online. Thanks to Peloton and my Peloton Family.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This was delivered exactly when they said, and the team sent out was professional and very helpful. This is a very high-quality product! Owning a Peloton is not just owning a piece of exercise equipment. It is an immersive experience. You instantly become part of a very supportive community. It is hard to explain, so most people just call it a cult. I get that now that I am a part of it. In just two months, it has changed my life. It has added to my happiness.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This bike costs close to $2k and it is utter garbage from the actual quality of the equipment all the way to the workout itself. Five minutes into my first time the pedal kept slipping. Save your money and invest it in a gym or a regular treadmill. Do not fall into the craze. It is not worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I don’t usually like exercise machines because I get bored. I have a gym membership and at most make it only one time per week. I was out shape. I bought the Peloton 3 months ago and committed to 20 mins hardcore riding and one 10 min arm strengthening per day. Even though it’s not a lot of time working out each day, I can feel my body getting stronger and I feel so much better. I sleep better and feel less stressed. My blood pressure is going down. I am getting addicted to the workouts and I have never been one to like working out.

The classes are new and interesting and I definitely feel challenged with every workout. I also love That the bike tracks my workout stats. The goal is to improve upon the previous workouts. I feel like making time for 20 minutes per day should be the least I can do for my body. I have had to contact Peloton for a broken water bottle holder and they sent me a new one promptly. No complaints with customer service. I hope I can continue feeling motivated with the bike. After 3 months I am still loving it.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

As usual The British consumers are being short changed, that is if you’ve subscribed to OnePeloton and live in the UK. The main selling point is the live classes, however as yet they are only streamed from New York, leaving the UK with stupid class times. I feel OnePeloton should offer free subscription until they’ve opened a UK live studio. Also the set up is by a couple of blokes with only a hours training, they also deliver washing machines and fridges.

Some of the instructors talk way too much and say irrelevant things e.g. "get your life together." Thanks Cody, I really need to hear that every other sentence. At the other end of the instructor spectrum is Emma **, her narrative is more encouraging, restrained and thought out. If this half billion dollar company are happy with the half ** UK roll out then the future of OnePeloton won’t be as rosy as investors hope.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Have had two bikes since first week of January 2019... Neither one lasted more than 7 days due to bike pedal threads being stripped. Second time almost injured my wife as she was pedaling (pedal literally came out still attached to her shoe). It’s obvious they don't care too much about the bike or the bike members anymore now that the Tread is in play. Their support even stated that they are so backed up due to all the focus being on the Tread. Was a new member... now no longer a member because of the fear of injury (from lack of product or install quality).

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

So far, I ordered the bike and have been met with all kinds of logistic and customer service challenges. They initially provide you a time for delivery, and if it does not work there is an opportunity to reschedule. This is where it becomes a hassle: They ask YOU to provide them multiple time choices. This is for their convenience, not yours. They should provide YOU the customer a number of alternate choices to choose from.

My work schedule makes delivery difficult, but not impossible. I can carve out times with notice, but not multiple time windows to provide for them to select from.

More so they should (IMHO) offer a portal for customers to select from, based on location parameters. If they are trying to be efficient with logistics (which I totally get), then have the customer enter their address data...after which they will be presented a calendar of choices to select from. I continually get a different resource responding through their ticketing system of which I am familiar with due to my line of business...and which I know is a common business practice...but it feels less than helpful when having so much back and forth and having 7 different people re-interpret the conversation and get 7 different attitudes and perception.

I fear actually receiving the product now. I am being charged an exorbitant amount of money for delivery ($250) for what is essentially about the size of a smaller piece of furniture, and after reading the comments here I have no interest allowing the delivery into my home. The product better be no less than perfect. I've come very close to returning already before even receiving. If you are reading ANY of these comments Peloton leadership, you have a serious logistic issue as a trend and you might want to stop the bleeding before you lose the luster and market share. For perspective, the unit was ordered prior to mid Feb and will be delivered now the second week of March. I'll update as the experience goes on.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I bought the Peloton thinking I would use it for scenic rides. They have a lot of them. But instead I take the classes. They're really great, and they make you feel like you're part of it. The bike is extremely well built. The electronics are first class. The picture quality is great. And the experience is unbelievable. I don't get the full benefit of the bike because I removed the clip pedals for regular pedals. So I'll never be at the top of the leader board. So what. I'll say one final thing. The bike, classes, and electronics are so well thought out it could be an Apple product.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I ordered the Peleton treadmill and my delivery date was 2 1/2 weeks out. My window of time was from 3-5 PM and the delivery team was supposed to call 30 minutes before arrival. At 4:30 I called the shipping phone number assuming I should have gotten a phone call by then. Chris, from shipping, said that they had tried to deliver between 230-310 and no one was there to accept shipment. This was not true since I was home, I live on the end of a culdesac, and I was actually outside at 3 waiting for my daughters bus. They never rang the bell or called saying they were “waiting” outside. I’ve been getting the run around trying to get a new delivery date... Now I am waiting an additional 12 days for a mistake they made.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The bike far exceeds my expectations and the commercials don’t do it justice. When ordering, it isn’t clear that you can’t ride it unless you order toe clips or their shoes (no other shoes will fit, I was told.). After calling customer service, they sent me free toe clips and I used a coupon for $100 off the shoes. The classes are great. The quality of the bike is wonderful. I wish they had some older instructors for variety, though. There are fit people in their 40’s and 50’s. Can you imagine Boris Kodjoe teaching the class! :) Anyhoo, I love my Pelly!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Don’t listen to the nay-sayers. Bike is phenomenal quality, almost silent in operation, classes and instructors work. They use 3rd party delivery services, but my mine was great. Classes are challenging and rewarding. I sweat like a pig in heat, but stronger, faster and higher effort there is none. Highly recommend if you want to put in the work.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Purchase my bike about 15 months ago. Ordering was a breeze, delivery was quick and easy, and getting started was very simple. Since then have taken over 320 rides and other family members also use it. Bike is amazing (far superior to bikes I've used in gyms and spin classes) and the instructors and classes are terrific. There is something for everyone, from beginners to advanced, and with classes from 15 - 60+ minutes there is always time to fit in a quick workout. Added the extra service plan just before my one year anniversary and they made that step easy as well. Convenient, fun, and easy to use.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Peloton states you can create a library of your favorite downloads. That’s true until they clean out their library and your saved rides are no longer available. Very disappointed with this lie. Contract does not state this little detail which is huge as you create a library of your favorite classes.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Technical issues galore! Half the time I use a Peloton bike I experience issues with the headphone jack or classes cutting in and out. I live in the middle of Chicago with high speed internet service, so the connectivity issues are not on my end, but over 50% of the time I take one of the classes out of their library of classes, it cuts in and out or stops altogether. Also, many times I use my headphones, even with them plugged into the jack, the sound will still come out of the monitor, and not through the headphones. There seem to be technical issues with this bike half the time I try to do a workout, which ends up demotivating me from working out on it at all. This bike is WAY too expensive for these types of issues to occur at this level of frequency. Get yourself a Soul Cycle subscription instead.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We ordered a Peloton bike and treadmill. The process was confusing and unorganized. We had to sit on hold to figure it multiple times. Delivery was 3x longer than expected. On actual delivery day they cancelled because the truck broke down. Rescheduled for the next day. Then they moved it a week. On the final delivery day the bike was assembled but the treadmill they left in the basement Not assembled. I was told they hadn’t delivered them very often and didn’t have the right tools. Told us to buy a torque wrench. Then left it spread across the floor. Never heard back after we asked them to come fix the issue since we complained. They did offer to refund half the delivery fee??? But it would take a week to see that money returned. So I messaged the CEO on LinkedIn and never heard back. This company appears to be all hype and no service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I got a Peloton one month ago. I love it, the workouts are great and it provides a lot more than just spin classes. I am using it to train for a triathlon. Everything was good until Sunday when it wouldn't turn on. The customer service system they have set up is very inefficient. I had to wait 3 days for an email stating that someone will come out to fix it. No mention of how they will contact me or when they may try to fix it. I'm left here waiting for some contact from Peloton while my $2500 bike sits broken and my $40 monthly subscription goes unused. Very frustrating! I think the Peloton bike is great...unless something goes wrong. Then you're in trouble.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Peloton showed up today to deliver our treadmill with an unmarked van with graffiti on it and three guys who took the box containing the treadmill and pushed it down my basement stairs where it crashed, ripped my carpet and damaged treadmill. Delivery guys were laughing and did not apologize and even tried to claim my carpet was ripped to begin with. I attempted to get in touch with customer service which directed me to a live chat. I could not get a phone number for a warehouse manager or Peloton customer service rep. There is no live human being to talk to from Peloton about any problems! Long story short, I ended up calling the police to file a report so I would have a record since the men were leaving and I hadn't spoken to anyone from Peloton.

The Peloton rep on chat was telling me not to let the men leave as all three were standing over me telling me they were leaving (what was I to do to stop them?). Finally, the live chat assistant had a representative call me (still wouldn't give me a name or number of someone to call) and found out that Peloton sometimes hires out contractors to deliver their equipment. A company called XPO out of Secaucus, NJ who does not have any number to call sent three untrained men with zero Peloton training or experience to trash my house and then refuse to take away the damaged machine because they didn't have the straps and equipment to remove it.

I am appalled at the disgraceful customer service I have received from what I thought was a first-rate company. A week ago, I purchased a Peloton bike but my loyalty has not paid off. The only thing I am getting for all of this is free shipping. Free shipping! I had the police at my house, I have to go through the aggravation and stress of trying to get my carpet repaired and I still don't have a working treadmill in my home. Warning to anyone ordering from Peloton, insist that a Peloton marked van show up at your doorstep with trained professionals who know how to handle and set up the equipment. Not three kids who think it's funny to throw it down your basement stairs. Peloton you should be ashamed!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I recently, Jan 18, 2019, placed an order for the Peloton bike with the works package. No financing, straight up paid the balance. After the purchase, I was presented with several delivery dates. Naturally I selected the earliest one, Jan 21 (MLK Day). I quickly get an email from Peloton support within 5 minutes asking me to show proof of ID in the form of sending a photo of my license to prove it was me. Wait. What? Reluctantly, I crossed off the important stuff just to show my address. I wait hours for a reply stating that they received my email with my ID information. Nothing. I call customer service and spoke with Laura. Pleasant woman. She said they never received my email with my ID... ARE YOU KIDDING? OK so I send it directly to Laura. She receives it stating that she is working for the next 10 hours and will get it over to billing right away so it can be processed to try and keep my delivery date.

Like others on here, no follow up email and no call. I decide to chat with support on Saturday the 19th. I explain my situation. I have no idea if my bike is still pending or what the status is. The chat support specialist is again nice, but no real answers. I threaten to cancel my order and they throw two free months of subscription at me. Fine. Maybe Tuesday I'll get notified. Well I call in again. Get Rachel. Third nice woman. Assures me my info is in billing and that with a holiday weekend the billing department will probably get to it today or tomorrow. I explain I simply want to know a roundabout delivery date since I travel a lot for my job and may not be around. I was assured I will get an email today or tomorrow with a status and potential delivery date estimate. Not holding my breath.

Based on what others are saying, I am giving it until Thursday. If I hear nothing I will be cancelling my order and with all the horrific stories on this thread might just reach out to the local news station to run a story. I hate to be like this because I was excited for this purchase. Now it's nothing but stress. Customer service has fallen by the wayside and as customers we don't need to take this anymore. Simply don't purchase the product. Poor customer service. Rude delivery drivers. Word's getting out and it's only a matter of time before a company has a tarnished reputation. If Peloton were selling nice customer service reps, they would be delivering and far more profitable. I will update this on my experience and hope that I can help others NOT make the same mistakes I am currently involved in.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Have called on several occasions to get support for flywheel being scrapped by the magnets. Bike is useless due to the fact resistance cannot be applied. I have called back several times to follow up my request to get this issue resolved. On the third phone call, I was told they can send a video to fix the problem or have a technician come out. When doing exactly as the video suggests, issue still continues. Now on “hold” again on my fourth phone call to get issue resolved. Support is slow, seems not caring although the bike costs thousands of dollars!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

They delivered a broken bike, and they have been veryyy slow (1.5 weeks at this point) to even get an appointment scheduled to come out and fix it. They also are not very apologetic and seem very "meh" about how I paid $3000 for something that doesn't work. I also tried to post this review on their website (3 different times), and they keep saying I'm breaking their review rules...which probably explains why they have only 4/5 star reviews on their website.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

This bike is amazing! I can work out in my home at MY convenience: live rides/other classes streaming throughout the day in addition to thousands available at any time on demand. 10, 20, 30, 45 minutes+ whatever works for the time you have. The instructors are phenomenal! They not only teach on the bike, but are very entertaining. The metrics/leaderboard on the bike are extremely motivating if you are even a little bit competitive. I definitely work out harder on this bike (than I ever did going to a spin class) being able to now see my output and where I'm at on the leaderboard with everyone else taking the class. And now they offer additional "off bike" content so you never really need to go out to a gym: yoga, indoor and outdoor running, weight training, boot camp, meditation, etc.

I've had my bike for 10 months and use it regularly 3-6 days a week... Working out now more than I ever did when I had to go out to a gym! Something to note that I've read in the bad reviews: If you don't want the Peloton shoes (or fit, think they only go up to men size 13) many people opt to change out the pedals so they can use different spin shoes. Also, you can put the bike on carpet... They just recommend putting plywood down under a mat.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I brought my bike last week and it was delivered by two lads from XPO Logistics (Jon+lee). They were very helpful and went out their way to help me understand about the bike. I was very happy with their manner and were very respectful towards my son who kept running off with their equipment. They were also very polite. Couldn’t fault them. A big thanks to them and their company. 5* rating.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Today is January 8th 2019. JUST got our order delivered less than two hours ago. When setting it up my husband had a question about the pedals to which the delivery guy said 'if you don't have Peloton shoes, you won't be able to use the machine'. We were like 'what?! what do you mean we need to purchase only their shoes or the bike cannot be used?' The look on their faces said it all. These guys know that what Peloton is doing to the consuming public IS WRONG!

Nothing on the site said we needed to purchase special shoes in order to use the bike nor do they disclose they only carry up to a certain size shoes. There are several bike options for purchasing and one of them is the basic one, which means you only purchase the bike with no other accessories like headphones, water bottle, weights and shoes. I'm thinking, we have all that so no, I am not spending another $500 to get what we already have. Still, I get on the computer to check out their shoes and lo and behold, they do not carry my husband's size! Nor can he use the toe cages they offer because it cuts off his circulation. So we call in and ask to have the people that had JUST left, come back to pick up the bike. Their reply? "Ok, but that will be $250 to return it."

Sorry folks but I was like HELL NO! I JUST paid $250 to have it delivered! We haven't even touched it! It has been in our home for less than two hours and NO I am not going to pay an additional $250 to have them turn back and pick it up!! I SO wish I would have read all these reviews prior to setting up automatic payments on this thing! So far my husband and I have spent more time on the phone with Peloton's poor customer service than we did placing the order three weeks ago! What a HUGE disappointment this has been! And now, reading all of these reviews, including how bad the equipment is and unreliable calibration, I can only hope they will do the right thing, picking up the bike and cancelling our order so that no funds be taken out of our account! This is such a SCAM!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Updated on 02/04/2019: Never used the bike. Sent it back. Eventually got refund but now they still charge me every month for subscription. I called. They hang up. I go on chat. They say they are closed and can’t help. I try to put a review on their page. They respond with they will not post it? Why? Because I’m telling the truth?

Original Review: After countless mistakes I get the bike. They set it up and before leaving tell me that pay an extra $41 a month indefinitely for ‘membership’ after paying nearly $3000 for a bike!! Worst thing was the guy says, "It’s going to wobble due to your flooring." I don’t want it then?! I told them it would be on carpet. Then they tell me it will be $250 to take it back!!! I called arguing with Peloton and they said ok they would pick it up (it had not been touched). They came and picked it up and I still HAVEN'T GOT A REFUND!!! That was two wks ago. I’ve been on hold 50 mins and the chat goes from 55 in queue to 64. The whole company sucks and I will sue if need be.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

This company SUCKS. They promise you one thing and don't deliver at all. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! There is much better bikes for much less money. THEY LIE LIE LIE. I ordered the same bike as a friend that lives out in Scottsdale Arizona. Paid 3k for this piece of **. When he took delivery of his bike they went over all the features of the bike, spending an Hour with them. When we received our bike the delivery men smelled of ** and said They don't show nothing!!! REALLY? Nothing!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I ordered the bike on November 20th, next day received an email saying "expect an email from us within 2 business days to schedule bike delivery." This would be the first of FOUR times I was told expect to be contacted and NEVER was. On November 26th someone calls saying they are 30 minutes from my house with the bike, I was at work, no one had notified me of this delivery until that moment. Delivery man said this is happening a lot lately sorry, and expect a phone call that day to reschedule. NO FOLLOW UP PHONE CALL to reschedule.

I have to reach out to them to schedule delivery and eventually all I get is an email telling me what day that they will come approximately an entire month from order date. I take it since its the first and only attempt on their end to actually schedule a delivery. Eight days after delivery, I go to ride and the metrics all read zero. I call and a man overnights me a new cord. I receive it and replace the cord and problem is not fixed. I call again and talk to a lady who walks me through a factory reboot for a half hour. STILL BROKEN. She says to keep my email open all day because the tech team is going to reach out to me. NO ONE CALLS OR EMAILS.

Next day I get an email saying they are delivering something in a little over a week. Then I randomly receive a new monitor in the mail, hook it up and problem is STILL NOT FIXED. Then I call to make sure that when they deliver a replacement bike, that the 30 day return window and 1 year warranty is reset upon delivery of new bike. And he says I guess we can have the return window reset but not the warranty. I've had enough with this broken bike and lack of eagerness to correct their wrongs. So I requested a return and full refund. He said ok and that he would email me later that day to confirm that the return had been processed. NO EMAIL or PHONE CALL. I paid in full nearly $3,000 and what do I get in return? A bike that works for only 8 days and a huge headache. I HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT NO ONE EVER ORDERS A PELOTON.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I paid $2600 for the bike, shoes, mat, etc. I was supposed to get a call the day before letting me know when the delivery would be made. No call ever came. When I originally scheduled the delivery, I asked for an afternoon delivery because I had an appointment in the morning. Nope. At about 9:30 I got a call saying that they were 20 to 30 minutes out. Fortunately I was able to make it home in time. But they delivered everything but the shoes. What am I supposed to do without the shoes?

I sent an email to their customer service. No response. Later the next day I sent another email. Still no response. After two days of waiting, I scoured the website to find the phone number for customer service (not easy to find). They had the shoes sent, and a couple of days later, I got them. So don't expect much from them unless you call. And don't expect much from your $250 "delivery fee" except for them to show up whenever is convenient for them and, if you're lucky, have most of the stuff you ordered.

Resolution response: Dec. 31, 2018

OK I never write reviews but I did this time. I am pleased to update my initial review. I finally got an email from a lady called Heather at Peloton and she gave me some clear instructions (which involved clearing caches!!) on how to do the software update on the tablet for the bike. I followed them and the bike is now working fine. I explained to her that the service staff should be made aware of this fix and she said they were revisiting their training. I then had a follow up call from another lady called Michelle and she told me the tablet probably needed upgrading and they would send me a new one for free!! They also gave me 3 months free subscription because of the frustration I was going through. They have now resolved my problem and during my discussion with Michelle she was very apologetic. I just wish I had got to either Michelle or Heather straight away.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I bought a Peloton bike back in 2015. I have used it sparingly over the past 3.5 years. This year after a software upgrade my bike has not worked at all saying there is not enough storage for the upgrade!! I have called the service department and they tried to fix the problem by restoring the factory settings. This did not work and they said they needed to get a technician to call me, but not to worry they had fully recorded what they had done to fix my bike. I waited 3 to 4 days and no call, so I decided to go on chat. The person on the chat line read the file and suggested I needed a new tablet!!! I said that was hard to believe as it appeared to be a software problem and as the bike is out of warranty... I had to pay for it!! I asked that they have a technician call me urgently and now nearly 2 weeks in... no call!!

I understand this is over Christmas but the level of service and customer follow up is very frustrating. I feel like I have to sit and wait for a call, meanwhile they continue to charge me the monthly charge. I am a very unhappy customer and I have started to lose faith in the Peloton brand. The excuse they have used is they released the treadmill and the technicians are busy. So much for being a loyal monthly fee paying customer for 3.5 years!!!

Peloton Company Information