3.5/5 (613 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: July 28, 2021

I’ve been very satisfied with both the quality of the bike and the classes offered. There’s a wide variety of workouts and instructors, so it never feels like I’m repeating the same exercises. And it made working out during the pandemic when we were stuck in our house so much easier.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I am a personal trainer and have been riding the original bike in my fitness studio for a few months. I’ve been thinking about buying the bike+ for awhile, but was put off by the horrible customer service reviews and delivery nightmare stories. I placed my order yesterday. What changed my mind was a visit to a Peloton retail store. When you order from a retail store, you have an advocate that acts on your behalf to ensure a smooth order and delivery from start to finish. There’s no chance of an improperly placed order, and if it does happen, the associate is responsible for fixing it. I asked a lot of hard questions about the horror stories I read. Her answers were concise, truthful, and accurate. Yes, Peloton is experiencing some growing pains. The demand for their product has increased dramatically in a global pandemic.

Our bike is scheduled to be delivered 8 weeks from the day I ordered it. The sales associate is responsible for making that happen. She is my “person” and I will hold her accountable. I wanted to have the shoes to give my kids for Christmas, since the bike is a big part of their Christmas gift. The shoes are coming with the bike in 8 weeks, but the associate offered to put together a nice box of Peloton swag (for free) that I can wrap up and put under the tree. My advice... If you have access to a Peloton retail store, go there and work with an associate. Even if you aren’t close to a store, you can still call and place your order through them. Ordering online is where you will run into problems.

Get buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

This bike is an investment. I know it’s expensive but if you have the space, I highly recommend getting it. I like how the videos ate extremely motivational and it feels like you are in a class at the gym.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I love my Peloton! Every day I do a nice hour ride and it's so encouraging having the instructor with me! I feel like I can do anything. It is the perfect boost of cardio I need.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

These super fit and friendly instructors and the camera work making them give smiling eye contact has me hooked. They are in shape and they make me believe I can join them. And you can find a person you identify with no matter your personality, color or sexual orientation.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Placed my order over the phone and the rep messed my order up. So he said he would cancel it. He recreated my order and he never cancelled my original order and I now have to wait for the extra package to come in and I have to send it back before I receive a refund.

Original review: July 20, 2021

We wanted to love this bike and I guess because of all the hype. It was delivered and we rode it once then it shut down. We called and were transferred to the service dept. The service dept tried to fix it over the phone. No Luck. We were told it would take 2 weeks and a half to have someone over to look at! We purchased the Peloton Bike+ and the time frame to get someone out to our home to fix was unacceptable. I spoke to a manager and said there was nothing they could do. So we returned it. This all happened within the first 30 days. Peloton these Bikes are flying off the shelf, get more service people on staff. We purchase a Nordic Track. Not only was it 1,000.00 less the service time is 2 to 3 days. We Love our Nordic!

Original review: July 18, 2021

I owned a Peloton Bike for over 3 years. Let me rephrase - I owned NINE Peloton bikes over the course of 3 years. Let me explain why. First - when I initially got my bike - it was great. The first several months - no issues at all. After four months - the bearings on the flywheel needed to be replaced - that's fine. It's under warranty. However when they replaced the bearings - they didn't seat the flywheel properly and I was left with a broken bike. Okay - so they extend a bike swap to get a new bike. Done - no problem. I get the bike and within a couple of months - bearings again. This time - instead of just replacing the bearings, they bike swap me.

This is where the story turns ugly. They sent a USED bike - handlebars worn, bike frame misaligned - you name it. I couldn't ride it that well - I called again - okay now I am on bike swap number 4. At this point - they did compensate me the 27 month extended service plan for free. That's fine - but honestly - I just want a working bike. So that's four bikes within one year of the original purchase. Then bike #4 has noise issues after several months - I call Peloton - yep you guessed it - another bike swap.

Now this bike frame was the best frame I got since the original one. I was very happy - except a few weeks later - noise coming from the drivetrain to the flywheel. Instead of sending a tech to fix - they wanted another bike swap. I didn't want another bike swap - the frame was perfect (as others were not beyond the 1st one) and so I pleaded for a tech - and they refused. Fine - another bike swap.

This is where things really get nasty - so the bike had several problems. The handlebars were misaligned - I found that the metal on the base of the bars were off so it sat tilted. The frame was "bent" which I now realized half of my swaps were with bad frames. I called it in and said - yeah you need to swap me again. Gave them all the pictures to demonstrate there was a big problem.

Three swaps later - the problem only got worse. Bike #9 was so bad that it was completely unrideable. Customer service continually lied to me - I asked for the serial number, month year, and location of the frame manufacture - they don't have it. I'm like that's impossible since their website shows a serial number format on the new bike that does detail that information. The serial number stickers on my bike swaps after bike #5 were fake - basically they take used parts - malformed whatever - and create swaps out of them. A product that has that much brand quality tied to it superficially - this stinks.

I took all of my pictures - my entire account support tickets - every single conversation I ever had - all the pictures of a torn apart bike to prove my case - to the MN Attorney General's office. They sent a demand letter to Peloton - and at that point - they offered me my full refund. I have all of this documented for anyone to see. Steer clear of Peloton. I bought a Stages SC3 and it's amazing. Anyone that knows about spin bikes knows Stages makes the best ones. I've never looked back. Steer clear of Peloton.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Multiple delivery reschedules. Peloton gives you a delivery date and then 3 days before delivery XPO verifies day only not time. Day prior xpo gives time but we had 5 reschedules before we got it. All canceled by xpo day prior and they only deliver to my local on Sundays. Then after 2 weeks the screen failed. Took weeks to get new one shipped and then would have been another month to get tech here to replace so I figured it out. The next week the resistance knob stopped functioning. Called and was told they would send a new part but I couldn’t schedule a service tech till I received part as techs don’t carry parts.

Tech came a month later and told me replacing the part wouldn’t fix it. I needed a new frame. Called Peloton and this rep said of course that part wasn’t the issue and confirmed need for new frame. Xpo said 5 more weeks for new frame. Called peloton - they can’t tell xpo what to do!! Told them to pick up bike and give me a omelette refund and that they apparently can do. Stay the ** away from this co. And these comments are only the highlights. One messed up co.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The purchased basic cycle was delivered June 24, 2021. Also ordered was accessory Peloton spinning shoes woman's size 38 with the specified delta cleats. The spring setting on the delta pedals was set low by service folks who delivered. My wife didn’t test the shoes while service people did the delivery, given she tried the same setup at the showroom which worked great.

When she tried to ride later that day, she found it was impossible to click in. Needed too much force. After I adjusted the pedal spring tension on both shoes to the lowest possible tension (where the screw was loose on both shoes), she was able to click in left shoe (after a few tries) but not the right. I helped her click in by forcing the spring latch at the back of the pedal forward. After that, it was impossible for her to click out using foot rotation. I helped her get out of left shoe by grabbing her left shoe and forcing the rotation. I couldn’t do the same on the right shoe. I needed a flathead screwdriver to back out the spring latch. I was kind of surprised with all this given we were using only the specified peloton stuff. Also this problem shouldn’t be chalked up to be beginner's ignorance. I have about 30 years cycling experience with clipless pedals for mountain and road bikes and my wife, about 4 years mostly spin classes with clipless pedals.

After the experience, I took the peloton pedals off and inspected how the shoe mounted delta cleats engage the pedals. It looked like more than one problem. 1. The rubber pad on the cleat definitely interfered with the body of the pedal causing the need for large force to rotate the shoe out. 2. The (plastic) cleat and the way it was mounted on the rounded part of the shoe seemed to be incorrectly design toleranced or poorly injection molded or both for correct engagement to the pedal spring. The whole arrangement seemed sloppy.

I spoke to peloton service about this explaining everything above, and they offered to send new cleats which are identical to the ones we already had. I asked how is that going to work? They said it did for somebody else. So, that and the fact that it is “beyond category” difficult to walk with delta cleats, we chucked the $150 brand new peloton shoes and the peloton “delta cleat only” pedals (peloton offers no other choices). We switched to SPD, which I now have respect for, which are all metal designs for cleat and pedal engagement), nothing needs to be bent, and most SPD shoes are totally walkable, even on wood floors.

With working pedals, our experience with the peloton system is they did a great job on electronics/software/integrated display and diversity of classes and courses offered, and flywheel transmission and brake system, however the design and function of the three adjustments for seat and handlebar are feckless and inexcusable at the price range the product is offered.

Peloton Company Information