3.8/5 (794 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I purchased the bike with no issues and the customer service was outstanding! The shoes and accessories came earlier than the bike and they were quality products. The bike was delivered on time by XPO Logistics. The servicemen delivered the bike to the area in my house that I requested. When they plugged it in, the bike did not power on. They stated they had never seen this before and advised that it was likely frozen from being in their vehicle. They told me to wait an hour and try again, once it warmed up. The bike never powered on. I contacted the company and they advised that they would send a new adaptor and power cord for the bike as they thought this was the issue.

My neighbor has a Peloton bike so I swapped cords with them and my cord powered their bike but their cord did not power my bike. I contacted the company back and spent a few hours on the phone attempting to troubleshoot this problem. I sent them videos of how the bike was not powering on. They told me that my house likely need to be looked at for the wiring as it may not be capable of powering the bike. My house was built 13 years ago and that was not the issue.

Needless to say, I spent several more house on the phone with customer service. They were not going to send my a new bike. They wanted to send a repair tech to fix my broken bike I had never used. They discounted me $200 after talking with a supervisor. This supervisor agreed to deliver a brand new bike and remove the broken one from my home. The delivery date was set and I took another day off work. XPO Logistics did not show for the pick up/delivery and I was not notified. I contacted Peloton and spoke with a supervisor again. They could have cared less and blamed this on the delivery company they contract with and told me to contact them. I told them to come get my bike as I was not doing business with a company that treated their customers such as they had treated me. I purchased a Nordic Track and it has been outstanding so far!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Had a original bike for about a year, come Black Friday Peloton did a promo $350 off bike+ and $700 trade in for your original bike. Figured I’d treat my wife for her bday/Xmas. First bike the pedal pulley would slip when you pedaled hard, after arguing I wanted a new bike not a repair tech when the bike was 2 hours old, they sent a new bike.

This bike had a defective frame, made a clicking sound when any weight was on it. Called again, they sent a tech to tell me the frame was bad. I told the agent on the phone I wanted an original bike back and didn’t want the bike+. I had paid off the orig bike. I said, "I’ll give you $700 for an orig bike and take the bike+ back." After several hours on the phone and numerous days out of work waiting for techs and delivery people to drop of more insufficient products they told me they will not give me a orig bike for $700, but they’ll do a return for the bike+, only cause I was within the 30 trial period. They’re picking it up and I’ll be ordering a Nordic track bike.

This company is headed to chapter 11, just look at their stock. Overpriced made in Taiwan garbage. Customer service is terrible and several of them were very rude and never got back to me as they said they would. I’ll never give them another $1 of mine. The bike+ is way overpriced and was clearly rushed through design and production. The welds, design and many other aspects are trash. Even their repair techs say they don’t recommend them. Peloton also is using 3rd party delivery personal who don’t give a ** about setting your bike up properly or if it’s satisfactory or not. They just drop it off and leave in their U-haul truck. You’d probably be better off buying a used one from Craigslist. May be less sketchy than the 3rd party delivery people. Over-priced garbage. $2500+ is a joke for what you’re getting.

Get buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Ordered a bike in 2021. After using it a few times, I became injured on the top of my foot. Upon seeing the doctor, it was determined the nerve on the top of my foot was damaged by the shoes and stiffness of the pedals. I had to spend $2k in medical bills getting it treated and I have another $1k to go. I reached out to Peloton and asked if I could return the bike as the doctor said I could no longer use it due to my injury. After no response for weeks, they finally got back to me.

I sent them all my proof of medical bills and letters and and asked if I could return the bike and be refunded only for what I still owed on the bike, I paid through Affirm. I purchased it for $2,500 and still owe $2,100. They refused and said they would only pay me $1,300. So I would have to eat another $800 on top of what I already paid, not to count the thousands in medical bills for nerve damage caused by the machine! Horrible business and regard for customer experience. No wonder the company is not doing well and the slew of negative reviews.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Brad ** and Maren ** gave me a very positive purchasing experience! They went above and beyond to ensure that I received everything that I needed to know about the Peloton bike and helped me place my order within minutes of my request. My bike is set to arrive on 9 December 2021! I can’t wait! Thank you team for your assistance.

I have had my Bike for almost a month and I absolutely love it!!! I highly recommend getting one and trying this program out for yourself. Personally, I feel stronger; I am gaining more energy; it helps reduce stress and I know I am being good and loving my body by making sure I am becoming more healthy and physically fit. This is a great company! The instructors are so motivating, positive and they keep the focus on training, music and fun!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Ordered a Peloton bike in November and was scheduled to deliver Dec 23 between 3-6pm. Received an email at 2pm informing 'your bike has been delivered.' Assumed this was premature as the bike was expected in the next hour. Never received a call ahead from XPO to confirm thirty minute window. At 5pm called peloton, who states they received confirmation the bike had been signed for, delivered and set up. They state XPO submitted proof of initials and a photo. They would not share this photo with us. The signature did not match our name. Never received bike. Never received follow up. We feel completely scammed by Peloton. Disputing transaction with credit card company and bought a NordicTrack instead. No issues and very happy.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Ordered a product Nov 11, with delivery on Dec 15. After receiving ation from XPO that delivery was on schedule was informed that they had “issues” and could not deliver product as ordered, ed they were in receipt of the product. XPO initially tried to reschedule for 20 of January 2022. This was unacceptable, through discussion with supervisor though we rescheduled for today. Again received email and texting delivery today between 9-12. At 0930 I received a call stating they in fact don’t have my product and cannot deliver. This conversation started antagonistically at first by the representative which further escalated with “I am not dealing with you sir” screamed at me. I was then placed with “Jerry” a supervisor with XPO who was equally hostile and basically told me to pound sand.. I was told last week they had my product then told this week they had zero product to deliver.

I called Peloton customer service who REFUSED and the operator hung up (a whole different issue there). I called back and finally was able to speak to a supervisor who offered zero alternative other than suck it up. I asked for alternative delivery option in which I would not have to interact with XPO which is deceitful and hostile company that made me feel unsafe to have in my house. Peloton refused any and all alternatives and refused to take any further action towards XPO. I am sadden by this as we have been a good customer with bike, treadmill and accounts and have had one of the worst customer service experiences with a large company that we have ever experienced.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

***REVIEW - BUYER BEWARE*** My bike+ was purchased November 26th. Scheduled delivery was December 7th. You are supposed to receive a call the NIGHT PRIOR after 4 PM to confirm a delivery window. December 6th - No Call for my delivery window. December 7th - I take the day off work to be there for delivery. XPO No Call and No Shows me. I call the delivery team (XPO Logistics)... no answer. I call Peloton - she puts me on hold for 15 minutes. Can't get ahold of them. She subsequently gives me XPO's Customer Service # to call on my own instead of doing anything with this issue. I call there and talk to them. They said they have no idea why it wasn't delivered. I call Peloton back and let them know this and that THEY can figure it out. I shouldn't be taking my day off and my own time to TRACK DOWN/DO THEIR JOB?!??

December 8th - I'm at work and receive a random call that my bike will be delivered in 30 minutes. There was NO SCHEDULED DELIVERY, NO CALL the night prior or day of... I am like I'm at work I can't leave? December 8th - 12th.... SO MANY calls to Peloton/XPO. Nothing is figured out. No one knows why it isn't delivered. Many DIFFERENT stories from XPO. Multiple Peloton agents swear to be looking into it and taking it on personally until it's seen through. December 13th - I take another day off work to be home for delivery. NEXT OFFICIAL scheduled date. No call the night prior. No call day of... NO SHOWED again. Many calls to Peloton again.

December 14th - 17th - Allegedly I have a case worker whom has never contacted me about my case nor spoke to me. I saw ONE email on December 15th and it only showed up when I left negative feedback about the customer service. Not sure why but it was a pre-canned message saying they have no idea on a delivery date but can't wait to see me on the leaderboard! December 18th - I receive a call from XPO at 12pm CST that someone from the local HUB will contact me to confirm the window but that I will FOR SURE get my bike on the 19th... as you expected no call.

December 19th - I am told that 8am - 7pm is my delivery window WHEN I CALL (yes I have to call to do their job...repeating theme). I stay home for 11 hours not knowing when.... I finally call at 12:45 pm to try to get an estimated window. The lady tells me it was scheduled to be delivered at 12:20 PM. I said yo.... it's 12:45..?? She seemed very confused and just said they'll be there before 7pm. Spoiler - THEY NO SHOWED AGAIN. December 20th-23rd - I have yet to hear from Peloton in any official capacity. I got the SAME ** PRE-CANNED delivery message for January 4th. A month after my OFFICIAL DELIVERY DATE that had been booked for 2 weeks.

Peloton was *very* kind and sent me out a 99 cent water bottle that wreaks like cheap plastic and a microfiber cloth. It was wrapped in a very nice box, crimped paper, and a canned message (seriously) that was for sure more expensive than the contents. They also discounted X dollars off from the FIRST TWO failed deliveries. Kudos to them at that point HAD THEY done ANYTHING TO RECTIFY me actually getting my bike. Have not heard or had any action from them after the THIRD OFFICIAL no show of my BIKE+.

It takes a lot to make me frustrated. I teach special education in a high intensity environment. I have a lot of patience. The fact Peloton's Communication and Follow Through has been NON-EXISTENT is so incredibly frustrating coupled with trying to deal with XPO Logistics. Doing Peloton's and XPO's job of trying to track down where my shit is and how to get it makes my brain explode. We had a Peloton before and it was a good experience.

Unfortunately the actions and words do not match up. It's been a nightmare. I've wasted 2 days off work and 11 hours on a Sunday. I could have been doing something outside the house. I have never once spoken to a manager, team leader or received any pertinent information that they took ANY action towards getting my bike to me. It's freaking insanity.

I've worked in the service industry. It's a tough job. This however is just unacceptable on so many levels I can't even comprehend it and the lack of communication from all entities. I've easily spent 20 hours on the phone between talking/holds (gotta explain everything to any different rep you get), 2 days off work and 11 hours on a sunday sooo.... 47 hours of my OWN TIME invested trying to get a product I paid for and scheduled a delivery 2 weeks in advance. Great programming, Good equipment... Worst customer service experience of my life and I've had some doozies. 0/10 incredibly disappointed and frustrated.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

The cable to the monitor was faulty. Peloton replaced. Instructions given were to text, call, or email. The number to text came back "message undelivered." The number to call rang for over a minute and hung up. This happens every time. The email to respond to also has not responded. I called Member Services and the team member was very pleasant but could not offer anything other than submitting a case and "keeping an eye on the case myself." When in the world will I have a fully-functional bike or even an appointment to have it serviced? If you purchase, pray to the consumer gods that your product is fully functional and it doesn't have to be serviced.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I purchased a bike+ which was delivered on 12/9. The bike was not in a box and was filthy. The delivery people rolled it into the house and left. The wheel made audible sounds, the handlebars unstable, left pedal has issues. I immediately contacted customer support who was of no help. They related to send a video which I did however no one got back to me. Reached out to Peloton on several occasions and each time was told someone would get back to me which they never did. Finally was told they do not replace bikes. They expect you to keep a defective bike. I told them I wanted to return it then. No one is helping. I’m stuck with a defective bike. Buyers beware!!!! I would NOT recommend this product and certainly not this company. They are horrible to deal with. Unresponsive and ZERO help. Truly disappointing!!! How could any company expect their consumer to be ok with a defective product???

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Peloton does business with a delivery company called Allegro. They are HORRIBLE! Missed several delivery dates. Called Peloton to advise product not received and asked if they can contact Allegro, told they have to the same number and would have to wait as well. Hold times for both companies is unacceptable. Maybe you will have a better experience than I, good luck. I don't have time to waste and and because the cost of the product isn't cheap, their service should be much better.

Peloton Company Information