Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.08/5

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I am a personal trainer and have been riding the original bike in my fitness studio for a few months. I’ve been thinking about buying the bike+ for awhile, but was put off by the horrible customer service reviews and delivery nightmare stories. I placed my order yesterday. What changed my mind was a visit to a Peloton retail store. When you order from a retail store, you have an advocate that acts on your behalf to ensure a smooth order and delivery from start to finish. There’s no chance of an improperly placed order, and if it does happen, the associate is responsible for fixing it. I asked a lot of hard questions about the horror stories I read. Her answers were concise, truthful, and accurate. Yes, Peloton is experiencing some growing pains. The demand for their product has increased dramatically in a global pandemic.

Our bike is scheduled to be delivered 8 weeks from the day I ordered it. The sales associate is responsible for making that happen. She is my “person” and I will hold her accountable. I wanted to have the shoes to give my kids for Christmas, since the bike is a big part of their Christmas gift. The shoes are coming with the bike in 8 weeks, but the associate offered to put together a nice box of Peloton swag (for free) that I can wrap up and put under the tree. My advice... If you have access to a Peloton retail store, go there and work with an associate. Even if you aren’t close to a store, you can still call and place your order through them. Ordering online is where you will run into problems.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

This bike is an investment. I know it’s expensive but if you have the space, I highly recommend getting it. I like how the videos ate extremely motivational and it feels like you are in a class at the gym.

Get buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

These super fit and friendly instructors and the camera work making them give smiling eye contact has me hooked. They are in shape and they make me believe I can join them. And you can find a person you identify with no matter your personality, color or sexual orientation.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I understand we're in unprecedented times and that many companies are having a hard time keeping up with demand, Peloton happens to be one of these companies. I waited about a month to get my bike and had some initial issues with scheduling my delivery, I had to call a couple of times HOWEVER everything has been absolutely amazing. They delivered my bike on the day they were supposed to...about a week ago... and I've used it every single day since then. I LOVE the competitive aspect of this product. It motivates you to stay the course. I use their digital classes on my walks so I can log workouts every day.

If you're someone who, like me, is motivated by competition and you're finding that during this pandemic you're lacking that aspect in your workouts, this is the product for you. I not only compete against people all over the world, I compete against myself and my last best time. You're a part of a community that challenges you to be your best every single day. The live classes are super cool - that real time aspect is the bomb! Worth every penny and well worth the wait.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I purchased my Peloton bike on 27 March 2020 and it was delivered on 10 April 2020. I was happy with the delivered timeframe because was originally told it would take 10 weeks for delivery. I scheduled a 1000-1200 timeframe and they showed up exactly at 1200 but I did receive a call 30 mins prior to arrival. The Team assembled the bike and delivered it to my in-home gym. Although they did not go into a lot of detail about the bike, they did tell me to call Peloton if I had any questions. I owned another cycle bike prior to Peloton but this is such a better fitness experience. Although I was using the app for all of the fitness programs Peloton offered, having the actual bike makes a big difference. Very satisfied with my purchase so far. I plan to purchase the Peloton Tread as soon as they allow in-home setups!

Original review: April 9, 2021

After 9 weeks of anticipation and being excited about our new Peloton Bike+ I had ordered for my wife as a gift. It lasted about 4 hours in our house and now on my 7th phone call to Peloton to schedule a return and refund. It started with the so called "White Glove" delivery service that they had boasted about and really sold at the Peloton store we purchased from. We were told that it would be delivered set up and that the tech would walk us through how to use everything make sure the bike was set up properly and stable.

What actually happens is 2 people ask where you want it, spend 3 min popping the tv screen on it and say, "There ya go. After you turn it on and set up the wifi it will tell you what to do." Not really that big of a deal if that was the end of it. Turns out the back of the TV mount (the part you see every time you walk in the gym) has a gouge in the metal and a deep rub on the bottom rubber part. Looks like it was push up against something in the van as they were driving and scratched into it.

So I call Peloton 2 hours after delivery to see if they could have the part replaced. Then starts the "please hold while I transfer you to Jack Nohelp. Then it's "Oh they must be busy in the dept, we will have a rep call you back in 15 min." 5 calls and 3 hours later my wife and I are now fighting over this "wonderful white glove" experience. I have lost all patience for dealing with the company and have no faith in ever having a good experience with them. I was willing to spend the premium for good experience and customer service. For the $2700 spent I can get a top quality spin bike, a 50" TV to put in front of it and still have enough left over for a case of beer to forget I ever made such a mistake of buying this thing.

Now I have to wait 24 hours to maybe get an email with a link so I can try and sched pick up service to come drag this thing out of my house and then maybe get my refund in 21 days after they get it back and confirm they have it back at their warehouse.... Funny I didn't have to confirm it was in my house before they took the money in the first place.

Original review: March 28, 2021

After ordering our Peloton, my husband and I decided that I should call customer service, and see if we could upgrade our regular Bike order & family package, to a Bike plus—the one with all the bells and whistles. Their customer service rep told me that a “swap out” was impossible, but advised me to cancel our existing order, and place a new one which would include our desired upgrades. It could all be done within minutes on that same phone call, he said. Nervous to cancel and lose our set delivery date of April 14th, I asked him what our new wait time would look like, and explained that I would rather keep things as they were, than lose our slot.

He assured me that we could get the same date, at worst, just a different time slot. I asked him to confirm that once more, explaining that we didn’t want to do anything to jeopardize our delivery date, as we were so excited to get started on our fitness journey. Nonetheless, I trusted the word of their Peloton representative, and unknowingly set this terrible customer service experience in motion. Immediately after hanging up, I received an email stating that our delivery date was now May 18th—a little over 1 month later. I, of course, called right back, and was told that there was nothing they could do about it. I felt like I was in the Twilight zone. How could they not be able to remedy a problem within minutes of its occurrence?

After getting transferred back and forth between departments like a ping pong ball for a whole hour and a half, I finally reached a supervisor who spoke like a robot who was reading from a manual entitled: “How To (Kind Of) Talk Like A Human Being 101” who then explained that my original spot had already been filled, and there was nothing she could do about it. Well, yeah, in the hour and a half that it took to reach her, it would make sense that the date was now taken. Again, not our fault, but theirs.

To add insult to injury, she spoke in a patronizing way, unable respond to my valid inquiries, instead filling the time with long pauses before stating things like “you seem to perceive this situation as a frustrating one.” She never apologized for their mistake, and merely said that it was “unfortunate that I had received incorrect information. We have sent $200 credit to your account. I cannot honor your original date.”

So, $3,000, and a massive headache later, Peloton has no interest in fixing their mistake other than by insulting us, and offering a refund which would cover a pair of their shoes. It had me questioning what would happen if we should need assistance with the machine at a later date in time. I have lost all trust in this company. They’re selling exercise equipment that is meant to shape your body and improve your health in record time, and yet, don’t understand why losing 1 month of exercise time in a matter of minutes is an issue.

I received no apology, no compassion, and most importantly, no solution, but she was ready with the confirmation for my order cancellation within minutes, knowing it really didn’t matter if I canceled & was unhappy with how they handled my business, because they were going to continue to sell these bikes like hot cakes no matter what. They truly don’t need our money.

Original review: March 28, 2021

My Peloton bike was purchased as a Christmas gift in December 2020 with an anticipated delivery date in March 2021. I received an email in the first week of March to tell me to get excited my delivery was coming soon. I immediately called customer service to clarify the date; because I was going to be out of town the following week. Indeed my travel overlapped with delivery. The agent then told me if I had to reschedule, the next available date was May 11. I said this was not acceptable and asked to speak to a manager; but then was told the same thing.

I decided to cancel my order and wanted a refund immediately. I was informed that the accessories needed to be returned before even a refund could be processed for the bike. The notion that a customer has to pay $2400 before the bike even ships; but then when an order is cancelled, a refund could not be processed immediately seems backwards. I feel strongly that the peloton has become so popular, they are unable to keep up with supply and demand...resulting in poor customer service. Even worse, they really did not seem to care about my dissatisfaction given that my cancellation just opened up another spot for another person waiting. Herd the cattle in. The following week I happily ordered a Keiser bike and was able to pick my delivery date at a time that was convenient for me.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Like everyone else, I ordered my bike in January 2021 and was told delivery wasn't going to be for 12 weeks, but that I should call and or email as they often have cancellations and openings. I wrote an email asking if there were any earlier deliveries and someone immediately responded, "Yes and we changed your date to March 15." I called them the second I got the email as I was going to be out of town. I asked for my original date back, (March 21 and they said that it was gone and that the next date was APRIL 5. I was so upset and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told someone would call me back. Still waiting. I called again and spoke with someone who offered me $150 credit and then said he found a date of March 5. I said ok. Never received my credit. When I bought the bike, I was referred by my brother and was told he was getting $100 credit for apparel for referral. Never Happened.

The bike arrived March 5 and it is so poorly made. Where the bike is soldered to the base, it looks like a 3 yr old did it with big globs of plastic. The foot pedal was also broken. With the deliver guys in my home, we called Customer Service. They asked for photos, apologized and said they would send me a new bike. 2 weeks later, I get a new bike that looks worse than the first. I called Peloton and sent photos. They said that is how bike is made. I said, "No it isn't as my brother has 2 from over a year ago and they look nothing like this." I asked to speak to a supervisor and was promised that someone would call me by end of the day. That was March 16. Today is March 25 and No one has ever called me.

I called the store I purchased the bike from and they apologized and said they would contact Customer Service and get this resolved. They also processed my brother's referral credit (March 23 for a bike that was bought early January). They said they processed my credit but I don't have anything from my CC. I asked for a receipt of credit so we could investigate. I have nothing. I again asked for a Manager to CALL me so we can get this resolved. The store manager (Los Angeles) said that he would reach out to CSR and make this a priority. In the meantime, I have emailed Peloton Support no less than 6 times and NO ONE Responds.

Today (March 26) I got an email from a "Supervisor" for the guy I spoke with March 16 when I got the crappy New Bike delivered. (Yep, 11 days later). The email is a generic email with NO contact info and gives me no way to discuss the problems. I wrote this person back asking for a call (That will make 7 requests) and nothing. I called the Los Angeles Store again and am waiting for that manager to call me. (I am not holding my breath). If this is the Customer Service you receive BEFORE you even start using the product, I can only imagine if you have any mechanical or service issues. This has been the WORST experience and quite honestly, if someone doesn't contact me by tomorrow, I am returning the bike. SHAME ON YOU PELOTON.

Original review: March 14, 2021

Ordered Peloton 1/21/21 and paid in full. Received an email on 1/22 to call XPO Logistics to schedule delivery and did so, only to be told that because I am located in Hawaii, the National Assembly office in CA would call me within 24-48 hours which never happened, though I was told that the soonest delivery appears to be in April. I have since received 6 similar emails with the same non-results.

At one point, I pushed to get the number for National Assembly. Same result, and worse. They had the gall to tell me that the docks were closed. Hellooo Peloton - Hawaii is functioning all and well receiving shipping deliveries. I asked if I could change (refund) my full payment to the 0% interest rate installment plan so that Peloton would not be sitting on my $2900+ without even the capacity to provide any substantive response. I was told that I had to cancel and place my order again, which would put me to the back of the line to receive my Peloton. The only upside is that the poor call agents are polite, though Peloton’s policy and delivery system makes them completely useless. I can also use their app. Whoopee....an exercise app for $2900.

I am very close to canceling my order and getting the NordicTrack or another competitor. I understand that there have been production delays but the fact that Peloton cannot even change me to the installment plan without penalty, or provide half-decent follow up to give me an actual honest update on expected delivery, gives me zero faith in their ability to help me if I have problems with the unit when and if it ever arrives (can they even deliver it in 2021?).

Peloton Company Information