3.9/5 (940 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I have had three Peloton treadmills delivered within the last year with each of them breaking... One stopped abruptly in the middle of a run... The second incline stopped working.. and now I am left with a wobbly honestly what I feel is unsafe product. While customer service is pleasant and kind... so understanding.. you will get passed around on the phone.. be dropped while in a middle of a hour long hold.. and then when I was finally so done and just wanted my money back... no, because I missed the 30 day window of when I bough the tread this January. If I could keep even one person from buying their atrocity of a product then I feel I have done some good in this world. Do not waste your money.. your time.. or mental health dealing with this company.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Do not ever buy a Peloton product. First off, their customer service is atrocious. It takes forever to even get someone on the phone, and once you do, they provide vague reasons as to why your appointment or delivery was cancelled. I have had 6 cancellations within the last two years. It takes 1 month to get an appointment and they charge $200 for reassembly. They are a bunch of crooks.

Get buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

I love the bike and the classes even thought it’s a high side of cost. Lost 14 pounds and 2 inches in less than one year, slow and steady. However the support sucks. I ordered my “free” century club tee shirt 3x in the past 6 months and still none. My bike died this week and can’t get anyone on the phone who has a clue or someone to come to look at it, less than one year old.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I have had the Peleton Bike for 19 months. The bike itself works fine, however it’s a paperweight without the internet and the monthly overpriced subscription fee.

The software is flawed and doesn’t function properly 90% of the time. The scenic rides never vary and grow stale after 6 weeks. THE MUSIC IS THE WORST FEATURE. The music in their subscription seems to have been picked by a demographic of 15 year olds through 25 year olds, while their customer demographic id much older (affordability being the main barrier for the younger users).

I HAVE CALLED A DOZEN OR MORE TIMES TO REPORT THE SAME SOFTWARE BUGS. 20% of the time they disconnect the call. 5% of the time the wait is over 30 minutes to get someone on the line. 75% of the time they listen, but only request restarting the bike, and sending diagnostics. THEY NEVER GET BACK AND THE SOLUTIONS HAVE NEVER RESOLVED THE ISSUES. Most recently I called giving them one final chance to address the issues and was deliberately disconnected 3 times in a row.

I called membership to cancel and they asked me to hold 2-3 minutes for a manager. After 10 minutes I hung up and nobody bothered to call. I emailed requesting either a call or cancellation, neither happened. I called ny credit card issuer and informed to no longer accept charges from Peloton. Worse than dealing with a phone or cable company.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Please don’t support these crooks. After spending a couple thousand dollars on your bike, you’ll have to pay $500 per year to use the bike’s display. Buy a gym membership instead and you’ll save a lot of money. Plus, you can cancel a gym membership. If you think $500 per year is too much, your bike becomes a huge paperweight.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Ordered a bike on August 2, 2022. Paid close to $400 for delivery alone. Today is November 7, 2022, and after many disappointing calls and emails, Peloton tells me they never shipped the bike. It was a mess to deal with this company. Even cancelling the order is incredibly difficult. To date, I haven't been able to cancel and/or get refund. Once they get your money, good luck. Delivery personnel (that never delivered) were rude and insulting. Customer support sarcastic and incompetent. Go a different route. Many cheaper avenues in the market today.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

My experience with Peloton started out great. I was apprehensive at first to spend $3000 on a bike, the only thing I had ever spent $3k on previously was purchasing my car! I went ahead with the purchase of the new Peloton + based on stellar feedback I'd received from friends and colleagues and received my bike December 21, 2020. I loved the bike and all of the content. The instructors were amazing, classes were hard and I didn't feel like I was working out alone in my basement.

February 2022, a little less than 14 months after receiving my bike, the screen stopped working out of the blue, I had used the bike only a few days prior. I called Peloton customer service to see what the issue could be with my essentially brand new, $3000 bike. They attempted to "troubleshoot" which was holding down the volume up and power button to see if that would get the screen working again. When that sole attempt didn't work, I was told my only option was to give Peloton another $500 to replace the screen.

Since I didn't purchase the extended warranty for another $180 for another year of coverage, there was nothing they could do. I expected such an expensive piece of equipment would have a shelf life of longer than one year. Given the terrible options I was faced with I went ahead and canceled my subscription. I can't give money to an organization that doesn't care about customer experience or retention after they've gotten their pay day. Months later and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this unusable piece of equipment. I'm beyond disappointed in my experience with Peloton and their approach to customer service. Hopefully this review will help someone else to not flush their hard earned money down the drain.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Updated on 10/27/2022: I would give zero stars but that’s not an option. I have been waiting on a repair since October 8, been in contact with several customer service and repair service people and they do not plan on coming out been over three weeks. So I am paying for a Peloton bike that I can’t use.

Original Review: First problem can you when they updated the software I spent 45 minutes on hold when trying to call Tech Support because my bike would not work one day in July. If Hanging up, redialing and pressing the button for sales they picked up right away. Explained the issue of the bike and they said you need tech support. So they don’t pick up when you need tech-support but for sales they pick up right away. I was transferred to Tech Support...Long story short I have the extended warranty and they sent me the screen and said I could put it on myself. OK I did that.

Early October I videotape noise my bike was making while peddling, sent it to customer support. Did receive a call back..A part was ordered..Received it October 7 and they have not sent out a repair person yet and they’re not expected to come till October 28. That’s over three weeks to have a part installed and I can’t use my bike. All I get when I call customer service is, "I’m sorry but it’s not our fault. It’s the company Select Express that does their repairs." When you call select express they blame it on Peloton.

I was very happily excited when buying my peloton because I had been going to a spin class for 2 1/2 years before buying the bike and I thought it was great that I could have a bike at to exercise whenever I want, obviously this has turned out to be the worst experience. I had to take a three week hiatus from exercise due to their incompetent repair customer service. I’ve actually contacted them and asked them to pick up the bike and return my money but of course the 30 days have gone by since I was told and they can’t do that..So I’m actually stuck with the bike. I don’t recommend buying a peloton bike because the customer service is horrible and it seems like they sell you used bikes sent to people and returned since I’ve had these two issues in such a short period of time. I would give zero stars but they don’t give that option.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I ordered a Peloton treadmill on August 28th and financed it through a firm with a twelve month no interest plan. I received my treadmill on September 2nd. The setup went just fine and the delivery guys showed me how to use it and sign in and what not. Unfortunately within 15minutes of my first workout (a walking workout and low impact) the treadmill screen went black and died and the base then died as well. I checked my outlet to make sure everything was working. I then went through the peloton troubleshooting, it was finally determined by peloton that I needed a service tech. It took two weeks (9/15) before the tech was able to arrive and determine that a problem with the power input at the base of the machine was the reason for the power failure. He recommended to peloton that the base be swapped out and replaced.

On the 23rd of September the outsourced peloton delivery workers arrived to swap out my base and install the new base. They completed this job only to realize that the machine was still not working. Neither the base nor the upper screen and handlebars worked. They then showed me a connection failure and spark from the left hand side wires inside of the arms of the peloton, they then told me it was the screen and handles which were the problem. I was clearly upset considering the amount I had paid and financed. They then proceeded to tell me that if I wanted to waste money on a peloton that doesn't work I could always give them the money instead, one of them was looking for a car that had a 2000 dollar down payment, it was a Honda. I have no idea why they felt the need to tell me this.

I then got in touch with Peloton and explained the issue and that I would like a whole new machine, they scheduled a new machine to be installed and the old one to be picked and then proceeded to give me some months off my membership dues and an apparel gift card. The new peloton was scheduled to be delivered on the 28th of September. It was supposed to arrive between 830am and 11:30 am. They never arrived. After 6 hours of waiting and emailing the leader Ochuko (who was my go to contact because of all the issues) I decided it wasn't worth my time anymore and returned the machine. I am still waiting for the hunk of junk to be picked up by this crappy company and their horrible delivery system. STAY AWAY!!! Inept customer service and a crappy machine!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

My daughter bought a short for me as a gift... and it was too small. I could not return it immediately. I took it back when I could. According to Peloton, it was much longer than 30 days... according to them, it was 6 months. My response was so what! I wanted to simply exchange it for a larger short. The short had the original tags and was brand NEW!! They did not care!! $60 short. Way too expensive and way too unnecessary!! And a huge waste of money. If you want to do business with Peloton, be aware that they are not a customer-friendly organization and do not care about "customer satisfaction," this word is foreign to them. :-) I shop at Nordstrom for years and I love their customer service! Peloton is no Nordstrom. In fact, I am planning to cancel my bike subscription as a matter of principle and protest!!

Peloton Company Information