3.8/5 (955 ratings)

About Peloton

Peloton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peloton?

Original review: June 22, 2022

I bought the bike after Christmas and after 2 months of using it, the squeaking and rusted started to be a nuisance. I paid $2800 for the bike, I didn't expect it to be rusted after 2 months of using them. I contacted Peloton about the rust issues and the Eboni (customer service) told me that rust on my bike does not cover under peloton warranty. Not only you pay for the rusted expensive bike, you will also have to pay for their membership as well. There are other bike from Costco and Amazon that will cost less and better quality than this rusted garbage peloton products. Don't waste your money or time with this company.

Original review: June 5, 2022

Let's start this off by saying that ANY manufacturer, if it is a car, washing machine, or a lawn mower HONORS any product within the warranty period irrelevant of whom the owner is. If you buy a second hand Peloton equipment, the WARRANTY becomes NULL & VOID to the second hand owner even if it is within the period that Peloton says it will honor it.

After a dozen calls to support and escalating it to supervisors, Peloton refuses to do anything. No wonder the stock price and everyone is rushing to sell their defective equipment due to software firmware upgrades completely renders the equipment useless and you will have a thousand dollar coat rack or a place to hang your clothes to dry. Just to show you how inept this company is, they can't even track a serial number of their own equipment in their sales systems and requires you as the customer to track down the original purchaser. Their stock price and outing of their former CEO is just evidence on how mismanaged this company is and it is driving new customers away to companies like NordicTrack, Echelon, and Myx.

If you want to feel valued as a subscriber or even a new customer, look elsewhere. This company has quarter over quarter losses in sales, margins and subscribers due to the lack of value in even honoring its own warranty. Buyer Beware and don't BUY 2nd Hand because you will be completely ignored and given every excuse to not fix a simple firmware upgrade that will crash your equipment. Reddit about Peloton Firmware Issues: **

Get buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Peloton has outsourced its delivery services to XPO logistics. Delivery team did a no show on my scheduled date with no communication. I called and they said the first available date to reschedule would be 3 months away. XPO logistics nor Peloton service teams were able to assist. I have no confidence they would even show up in July. Future buyers be aware. You most likely experience the same.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Peloton has outsourced warranty service in my area to Go Configure. Horrible experience. This company is broken. Gave them several appointment windows that would work during 8am-6pm. Peloton reps did not assist, so I became the bridge between two companies not talking to each other. Tech created a new problem, and both companies closed work order as complete.

Original review: May 3, 2022

We got the Peloton bike plus right before Thanksgiving. It started having issues a few days after we got it. It makes noise when we pedaled it. The noise got louder and louder, so finally I contacted Peloton in February. They said a technician would come and fix it in a few days, but no one came in 2 weeks, so I had to call them again. After many phone calls, a technician finally came after 2 months. The technician looked at the issue, he said he could not fix it, he would have the company send me a new frame in 10 days. 2 weeks passed, nothing from Peloton, so I had to call again. Finally the new frame was delivered last Saturday. HOWEVER, when we use it last night, it not only has the same issue, making big noise when we pedaled it, it also has a new issue. The handle bars are very shaky, as if the monitor is about to fall off.

Peloton advertise their products as high end, that’s why we purchased it, thinking we will have less trouble. However, We have so much trouble since we got it. It wasted me so much time and effort. Due to the issue, we have only used it for less than 2 months over the last 5 months since we got! This company is really the worst company I have ever sealed with!

Original review: April 15, 2022

This company is a JOKE. I have a bike and a treadmill from them (yes, I'm an idiot for buying not one, but two of their products). The bike has less than 40 hours ridden on it and the screen stopped working. We contacted their technical department who basically said: "Tough, you will have to purchase a $400 screen because the piece of garbage we sold to you, isn't working." We contacted their "customer service" (I use that term lightly) department and were told the same thing. Buyer beware. What a great business model for Peloton though: Sell consumers piece of garbage equipment, then turn around and charge them $400 for new screens after 40 hours of use. Eternal revenue for the suckers who buy their products.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I ordered a Peloton Tread in July of 2021. It was finally delivered and installed in my home in October of 2021. When their delivery company, XPO, installed it, they installed the screen incorrectly. After running on it 3 times the cable shorted out and took out the main computer board. I called Peloton and 3 weeks later, they send out a repair person. He looked at the unit and told me that it happens all of the time. I watched him as he placed the order for a new upper rail assembly. He told me that I would receive an email from XPO to schedule to have it installed.

I did receive an email from XPO telling but it told me that when I received the part, I should contact them to schedule to installed. They are not allowed to schedule the installation until I receive the part. After waiting for 3 weeks of waiting, nothing. I called Peloton who told me that the part was not ordered yet. After talking I requested that they replace the Tread which they agreed to. Now here is where the fun begins. They ordered a new Tread for me in December. Two weeks later I have not heard anything from XPO so I call them. They tell me that they can see the order from Peloton but it has not been released and I need to call Peloton. I call Peloton and they tell me that it is XPO that has it on hold because they are too busy and I should call XPO.

I call XPO, then call Peloton, then XPO, then Peloton. I did this no less than 30 times. This goes on through the month of January, February, and March. I called just about every day. Finally, I get a delivery time of April 5, 2022. 6 months after XPO broke it. I take off work on April 5th so that I can be here. Late in the day on April 5th I get an email, not a call but an email, from XPO telling me that they are "out of inventory" and can't deliver my Tread. They reschedule for April 12. On April 11, I receive 3 emails from XPO and 4 emails from Peloton all telling me my Tread will arrive on April 12th between 11:30 am and 2:30 pm. I take another day off work to be here.

At 2:30 pm on April 12th, I receive an email, not a call but an email, from XPO that they can't deliver the Tread that day but they would deliver it on the 13th. I received an email from XPO telling me it would be delivered between 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm and another email from Peloton telling me it would be delivered at 3:00 pm. I went to work the morning of April 13th and was planning on coming home at noon to be here. At 10:15 am my Ring doorbell goes off and there are 2 guys at my front door from XPO who want to deliver my Tread. I talk to them through the Ring doorbell and tell them that I can be there in 20 - 30 mins and can they please wait. They said that they and a few things to do but would come back a little later. I arrived at home at 10:42 am. I sat at home until 6:15 pm and they never showed up.

I called XPO and they said someone would call me but they never did. I called Peloton and they told me that they could order me a new one but it would not get here until July. Then I receive an email from XPO, not a phone call, telling me that they could not deliver the tread because no one was home and that the next time they could do it was May 10th. If you are considering a Peloton do not even think about it. The quality of a company is measured by how they perform when there is a problem. Peloton is horrible.XPO is horrible. Buy any other brand but Peloton.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I Ordered the Tread in January of 2022 with a delivery date of 30 days. Day came no Tread, called and was offered a $150 discount and new delivery date. Second delivery date came with no call and no show. Called back and got a $300 credit. Never received the $300 credit on my credit card as promised, so I called the Company to be told they emailed me to advise they couldn’t give me the $300, the representative messed up since they had given me a discount already. The email the supposedly sent was never sent.

Mind you I never asked for these discounts. Along the way I asked for a supervisor that was never available. I gave it one more shot and right before the 3rd delivery date last week I called to check in to ensure the Tread was coming as promised. The representative expressed that she could not guarantee delivery. I immediately put a stop payment on my discover card and asked for the order to be canceled. The representative asked for me to speak with a supervisor, which I told her to forget about it. The representative continues to insist as I told her I made up my mind all the while in the other like putting a stop payment on my cc.

Interesting enough my co-worker ordered a Tread last week with a 1 week delivery timeframe, surprise surprise no one showed. This company is a joke, stay far away unless you’ll get a headache. I went to the local sporting good place, tread in stock and left the same day. Be AWARE this company is about to go belly up. They continue to promise a product that they cannot provide. If I could, I would give the company zero stars because it’s not worth even 1 star.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Weeks of waiting, hours on hold, 2 requests for a manager to call back, told my technician was scheduled to wait another 3 days, to find out he wasn’t. Most expensive bike in the market, worst customer service I have ever experienced. Unfortunately I am stuck, but would never recommend this company to a friend.

Original review: April 3, 2022

I bought my bike about 4 months ago. I asked explicitly how the app membership works and was told I should be able to cast the classes from my phone to the bike. I discontinued my all access membership and now my bike is basically worthless. You can NOT cast from your phone to the bike. After waiting on hold for 30 minutes, the representative kept having to go ask someone else for help in giving me an answer. So disappointed in this product and customer service.

Peloton Company Information