2. Shopping
  3. Organic Skin Care

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.27/5

Looking for organic skincare?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for organic skincare?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Origins Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

This company has the best customer service I have ever seen! I had a reaction to a product. They refunded me and sent me a full size of a product that I liked of theirs! Beyond amazing!! They were very concerned about the reaction I had and made sure everything was ok. I really appreciate the care they put into me. Just because I had a reaction to one of their products won't keep me from trying more from them.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

At the beginning of the year I had extremely bad forehead acne and they were big red pimples that I could not get rid of using anything! I decided to try Origins, I bought a travel size kit that came with the Charcoal mask, GinZing, face wash, mega mushroom relief. They all have changed my life! I no longer have huge red pimples on my forehead and anytime I break out all I have to put on for quick results is the Mini blue bottle for pimples. I highly recommend Origins products! I even go and get free mini facials at their store and they give very good size samples!

Get expert buying tips about Organic Skin Care delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Some time back, I purchased a group of products from Origins Ginger line. When it arrived, everything was fine except for the scent, the top was askew which had caused part of the product to leak out and the tube had fallen out of the top, making it impossible to spray unless I turned it upside down. On the plus side, the entire package smelled wonderful! I contacted them, expecting to have to return the product and for it to be a hassle, but to my absolute delight, not only did they make it as simple as a phone call, they express shipped me not one, but TWO replacements for the one that was damaged. Just wanted to let everyone know what an amazing company they are to deal with along with having wonderful products. I continue to be a repeat customer!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I have been a faithful Origins customer for over a decade. Even when the prices increased while the sizes decreased, I hung on. Even when Origins shipped product to the wrong address, I hung on. But I'm done. I logged into my account this morning to update my shipping and billing address. I couldn't. No matter what I did, the system kept going back to the first address I had on the account, from 10 years ago. I deleted all addresses, thinking "Okay, I'll just start from scratch." Somehow, Origins managed to ignore all those deletes, and use the oldest address there as my "default." After 10-15 minutes of this, I just gave up. Every product sold by Origins can be found somewhere else, and for less money. And for less stress. Sorry, Origins, the love affair is over.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I placed my order on 12/10/19 it was shipped out 12/13/19. Plenty of time to receive it by the holiday. It is now after the holiday and now package has arrived. The online service representative said "oh my you should have received it by now." Yes, that is why I am calling. I explained it was a Christmas gift and it is now after Christmas. Her suggestion was to refuse the package or call for a returned shipping label. This does not help me with the gift I wanted to give my family member, nor does it encourage me to want to Ever order from this company again. This was not a solution, they should use better carriers for their products to ensure they get to the customer in a timely manner. Very disappointed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Origins?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Great Product...Not The Great Online services...got two items wanted both Gift Wrapped Separately. Did not have online choice to do this this after sending almost $$. Call and Order or go to a Store if you have special request that are so simple but their Online Designer can't fix.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Both my daughters attempted to try the kit....( $45 bought at Dillard's) Both ended up w/ Blotchy dry irritated skin. How awful for the both of them to have to go to school like this. Very disappointed!!! I will be getting my money back and sticking w/ the over the counter items. BE AWARE!!! So disappointed b/c it was supposed to moisturize!!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Origins products are fabulous, but the online ordering system is extremely flawed and the customer representative I came across this evening was not only unhelpful and lacking patience, but rude. Having ordered on Black Friday, I spoke with several reps explaining I needed the shipping address corrected. I spoke with at least two reps at two different times, assured it was corrected although it was not. When I finally reached someone that corrected it, they were unable to give me any info on how to track it. It finally arrived with an order slip stating I received both items I paid for online; only one of the items was in the box. If this was the case, WHY would the order slip state it was delivered? I called customer service immediately only to be told by the rep, Eva, that it was out of stock. Then why would the order slip state it was delivered?

Her explanation didn't make sense; it was in stock when ordered, but when it was packed it was no longer available? When discussing this, she cut me off and asked if I wanted a refund or to wait for it to be back in stock and shipped. When asking how long this would be, she said she wouldn't know. When asking another question, she rudely interrupted and continued to ask "would you like a refund or to wait?" At least three times. When responding to her in the rude tone she was giving me, she was surprised. I asked for her name, a refund and a confirmation email for this refund. I love the product, but this happens every time I order online. You would think I would learn my lesson, but I love their product. The customer service and coordinating online orders with what is in stock must improve. Origins should really make note of this.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have very sensitive skin and even some Origins moisturizers are too strong leaving my skin irritated. When I finally find what works, they either change the formula or do away with the product. For the past 2 years, I've been experiencing disappearing products with new products not doing the job. The only reason I pay the ridiculous prices is because I've found something that works, then it disappears. Totally over Origins - once my favorites are gone, I'm going somewhere else. The stress of constantly trying new products to have my face irritated for over a week is no longer worth it.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have been using one of their products (Automagically eye-lining pencil) for years, and now they are no longer making it. Their website is very difficult to use when searching for specific items. I also use their eyeshadow powder, but the choices of colors available are increasingly limited.

Not sure about Origins?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right 100% Pure for you.

Origins expert review by Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss

An Estee Lauder company launched in 1990, Origins operates on the philosophy of using renewable resources and giving back.

• Products for men: Origins showcases a sly sense of humor with products such as its Save the Males moisturizer.

• Stress relief: Body cleansers, body souffles, oils and candles all come in soothing scents designed for stress relief.

• Customer support: Origins offers live online chat, quick email response and 24/7 telephone support.

• Variety of body scrubs: A detoxifying charcoal scrub and other body scrubs leave skin feeling soft.

• Promotes recycling: Consumers can bring products, regardless of brand, to Origins locations to be recycled.

• Best for: Animal lovers, the eco-conscious and men, since these skin care products focus on cruelty-free sustainability.

by Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss Organic Skincare Contributing Editors

Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss are co-founders of Beauty Lies Truth, a website dedicated to educating consumers about the ingredients in personal care products. Alexis is a singer, songwriter and front-woman of the band Sleigh Bells and uses her public platform to transform the beauty industry. Jessica is an award-winning activist and entrepreneur who has spent the past ten years spreading awareness about product safety and working with the most conscious companies on the market.

Origins Company Information