2. Shopping
  3. Organic Skin Care

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.43/5

Beautycounter Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Be absolutely certain what you order is exactly what you want. They will not make cancelling an order easy. They will tell you to just wait to get the products then ship it back, and all the meanwhile charge your card instead of cancelling it when nothing has been shipped out and the charge is still pending. So be 100% certain that you will not have a change of heart or be ready to pay. Document everything so that you dispute this charge if it happens to you. Cancelling an order should be easy. They will not cancel the order. Even an order that was made only a couple of hours earlier and hasn’t even been processed or shipped out. What a shame. Not a way to do business or retain a potential new customer.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Placed order Thursday 25 July and Pauli’s for overnight shipping. Total order $167. Here we are 7 days later with nothing. Haven’t received order or even an email with shipping details. Have tried to call the phone number, it says that it’s been disconnected and not getting a reply from email either. And to top it all off my account I set up has been suspended by an administrator. This company is a complete fraud. Stay away from them.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Suntan Lotion fail. Sitting out at the pool, I applied some of the spray lotion. (Which you have to rub) After 20 minutes of mild sun, my arms were red and burnt. No point in saving yourself from toxins if you’re gonna get skin cancer.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Beautycounter is a brand that hires consultants to assist customers in making informed decisions before purchasing products - I had worked with 2 separate consultants and only received misinformation and rudeness! The sunscreens are mineral based and some have a tint, but when I asked in regards to the color of the tints and how they would look I did not receive a detailed answer. Instead I was encouraged to buy and try (they did not inform me of the return policy). The sunscreen was terrible - it did not absorb and the tint would rub off onto anything it touched! (furniture, clothes, skin, other people!) The spray made the product fly everywhere and could not be used indoors. Not to mention the color of the tint was TERRIBLE! The Medium-Dark color is a chalky, grey toned brown - very cool/neutral undertone and not good in summer with a tan.

The consultant, Amanda **, came back and asked how I liked the product a few weeks later, I told her the above statement. She sent me a "whatever/shrugging" emoji. I suppose she did not like my answer, but I did expect a professional response. When questioned about her response she stated "I truly don't know what to say, clearly you've made up your mind, no point in me trying to change it. Had we had this conversation in person I would have shrugged. There's no point in my sharing any additional info or trying to troubleshoot a product you got so mad at you threw away instead of getting a free refund." - Nice to know they have a return policy 5 days before the deadline for returns (60 days via USPS and the original packaging). If only their consultants were more professional, I would be willing to give them another try with other products, but the attitude I receive just isn't worth it.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I have been a Beautycounter user for over a year now and have loved all their products I have tried so far. They just came out with a new line, Countertime, which I decided to try after watching my consultant's blog on the products. She showed us each one and described the benefits, etc. I went with number 4 Countertime which is the night cream and when I received it, I was sorely disappointed. Half the container was empty when I received my package. It looked literally like a huge spoonful of the lotion had been taken out.

When I contacted Beautycounter about the product that I had received, I was told that they guarantee it was filled correctly and that was that. My consultant had showed us her product so I know how it should look and it looked nothing compared to what she had shared with us. Even sharing the photos did nothing because they can assure me that the product was probably just positioned weird on the shipping which makes it look less full is what I was told. Very disappointing especially when the product is worth $90. You would think being a long time customer or just a customer in general that their customer service would be way better than that. After that experience, I will be looking for a new natural brand to use since I received no help with my issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beautycounter?

Original review: July 8, 2019

My neighbor sold me this overpriced moisturizing tint. It doesn’t even my skin, the color selections are greatly & no matter how carefully I put it on it burns my eyes. Every single time. I would never spend money on this product. There are so many better options.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Lipstick is drying. Did not like mascara at all. Shampoo and conditioner are drying. Counter match is okay. The fresh citrus smell of some products is nice. Overall, extremely overpriced below average products.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I did not think this could possibly be as good as I heard because it was “all natural”. At first, the products tingled and I thought it was burning my skin. My complexion turned bright red and looked sunburned. After a few days of application, I could see a huge change in my skin and the way it felt. I’m on month 3 and I can go without makeup most days. I’m 42 and can never remember not wearing makeup. My pores are smaller and my skin rarely breaks out. I really think my skin was detoxing when I first started using it. My body was addicted to all the toxins! Trust me, see this thru at least a month and you will notice a change. I ate my words.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Poor email communication with canned responses. Recorded message whenever you call saying agents are in training. Had to open a dispute on PayPal to get my refund, which was decided in my favor because the company never responded. It's almost a month since I returned my items. I'm out the shipping fees. Never again.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I bought Beautycounter because of its all natural hype. I received my package and used the body wash which left me with a break out on my back after one use and then I also used the lipstick exclusively for three days and ended up with a huge cracked lip. Something in my 40+ years has NEVER happened. I can't speak for anyone else and their reactions but I did just read several complaints about the lipstick leaving lips dry and cracking and now I am one of them too. I have this huge crack and am trying to find something to heal it.

Beautycounter Company Information