Looking for organic skincare?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.43/5

44 Beautycounter Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

My neighbor sold me this overpriced moisturizing tint. It doesn’t even my skin, the color selections are greatly & no matter how carefully I put it on it burns my eyes. Every single time. I would never spend money on this product. There are so many better options.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Lipstick is drying. Did not like mascara at all. Shampoo and conditioner are drying. Counter match is okay. The fresh citrus smell of some products is nice. Overall, extremely overpriced below average products.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Poor email communication with canned responses. Recorded message whenever you call saying agents are in training. Had to open a dispute on PayPal to get my refund, which was decided in my favor because the company never responded. It's almost a month since I returned my items. I'm out the shipping fees. Never again.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I bought Beautycounter because of its all natural hype. I received my package and used the body wash which left me with a break out on my back after one use and then I also used the lipstick exclusively for three days and ended up with a huge cracked lip. Something in my 40+ years has NEVER happened. I can't speak for anyone else and their reactions but I did just read several complaints about the lipstick leaving lips dry and cracking and now I am one of them too. I have this huge crack and am trying to find something to heal it.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was hounded by a consultant for months to buy something, finally I gave up and said screw it I'll order something so I can get finally left alone. I ordered the foundation which I believe is called BB cream or counter match. Anyways it came with a retractable brush. Both items cost me $98. INSANE!!! So first a week after using the brush the hairs started falling out of the brush and it got super oily. So I washed it like I do with all my make up brushes and it completely fell apart. Then the foundation makes my face burn and looks like I have severe sunburn. It's filled with chemicals, don't let this company fool you. Stay far far away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beautycounter?

Original review: March 29, 2019

This company will not let me talk to their fraud department and states that the fraud department does not have a phone number. An email has to be sent from a representative to the fraud department. I have called four times on this fraud issue, and I have not been contacted by the fraud department or anyone else from the company.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I recently became a consultant for Beautycounter. I ordered the big kit with all the skincare products in it. I used the Countermatch line while my mother tried out the Rejuvenating line. Both of us ended up having red almost sunburnt feeling skin from these products after a couple days of using them. The company also was of no help as I was getting all my startup emails in French and At least a month after I emailed them of this matter they said it was fixed but now I don’t receive any of the emails. I signed up without a mentor and one was never appointed to me. I decided to stop selling this because I could not promote a product that reacted this way with my nonsensitive skin. Very disappointed as I was excited to be a consultant.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I was attempting to place my order online when wording on the screen said there was a problem with processing my order, so I tried again and it went through. The next morning, I check my bank account and they withdrew twice. So obviously the first order was successful. I immediately call customer service and I am told there is nothing they can do. She stated that I would have to return the second order and maybe I will get a refund. I asked her to check the status of my order because it says processing on my end and maybe they can cancel the order. Nope! As I am sitting here typing, my orders still says processing and I was told that there is nothing they can do. NEVER ordering from this company again! The product is average and the service is HORRIBLE!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I liked the company message of natural products and bought 6 lipsticks... 3 shades, 2 each. I liked the colors and used them exclusively for 2 weeks. Then I noticed my lips feeling very dry, chapped, and very sensitive to anything salty or acidic. It took me several days to realize that the lipsticks were the cause. I have now been “off” them for almost 2 weeks and my lips are slowly returning to normal and I have no ill effects from other lipstick brands. I am currently on vacation so I have not yet contacted the company. Based on feedback in these reviews, I am not expecting any sort of satisfactory response from them and wish I would have read these reviews before purchasing.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Was very hesitant to try but have been completely surprised by the quality and the results. Loving the items for kids, especially the conditioner and the mask for evenings is great. Highly recommend especially if you are looking for a safe product as they make sure to not sure chemicals and products that are harsh for consumers.

Beautycounter Company Information