2. Shopping
  3. Organic Skin Care

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.40/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Beautycounter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beautycounter?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beautycounter?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

So I feel that I should start off by saying I have never been someone that identified with "clean beauty" or even a stable beauty regimen. My sister got into selling Beautycounter after feeling like the mission resonated with her and her lifestyle. She eventually got me hooked on the products after using me as a demonstration dummy for several parties. I have always has sensitive skin, full of bumps and area of redness and dryness, regardless of moisturizers or cleansers. I'd break out immediately after applying any brand of makeup or after washing my face with almost every product I tried before Beautycounter. I wish it was an exaggeration.

Beautycounter has really been the only foundation I can wear without ANY breakouts, the skin care always has my skin glowing. I know every skin type is different, I just use my favorite products from different lines and it works like a charm. I will say I'm not a fan of the tinted sunscreen or the mascara, though they've added new mascaras that I have yet to try.

After reading a lot of these reviews I can really say with confidence that my issues have NEVER been with the products, but if anything, the consultants. Unfortunately if you are being sold products by people who aren't self motivated or are motivated by the wrong reasons you're going to get one of three things: 1) bad customer service, 2) no real "trial" runs or refunds, 3) poor product quality. I only recently became a beautycounter consultant to help with costs (because, yes they are pricey but so are a lot of other award winning brands that on the other hand, don't offer commission on each product). I've been using their products for over a year and I buy directly off the website versus asking a consultant to put in an order for you. If you do that, you may have issues of getting sold their product testers and delayed product shipment. I've heard horror stories! But all issues I've encountered have been consultant related issues.

If you're looking to try it out don't hesitate in asking for any of the following: free samples, special discounted items for first time buyers (consultant venoms you a couple bucks off or free shipping), and if you can "trial" test a product for a week. My sister and I and the team we're a part of do all these things and I'm sure we're not the only ones. You're entitled to trying it out without a huge commitment, which is what has made my personal experience the best.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Malina ** is a great consultant and definitely knows about the products. I would recommend anyone who is looking for natural products everything from skin care to shampoo, sunscreen. You would be amazed at what is in some of the other products we use everyday. Give Malina a try!

Get buying tips about Organic Skin Care delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I have been using Beautycounter skincare and makeup exclusively for 4 years. Why? Because it's really safe and I'd rather not have hormone disruption nor skin cancer. They are vigilant on providing 'safer beauty' as they call it. It is a more expensive line than the grocery store - but if you are used to Estee Lauder or Rodan & Fields or any other high end product, it's an easy switch.

At 61, I don't look like I'm 35. But I look like a beautiful 61 year old woman and I am thankful to have these products. My goal is to live and long and healthy life so that I can be around with my family longer. Anything I can do to prevent illness is a priority for me. My personal favorite skincare is their newest line: Countertime. It is THE best! My skin has felt so wonderfully moisturized! I also love the Counter + resurfacing peel and the Number 1 brightening facial oil. I could go on and on. But once my face is clean and moisturized and ready, I love layering on the makeup! I walk out the door feeling confident every day!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I love my friend and new consultant that is very excited about this product. She FaceTimed with me while I logged into the BeautyCounter website and their website displayed a "20% coupon" for new customers. When I commented about the discount, my consultant was surprised because she didn't realize they were offering 20% but we continued on and I ordered nearly $600 in products, expecting to get 20% off. When I went to pay, it only showed 10% off. I immediately wrote an email to their customer service and my consultant called into their 1-800 phone number and sat on hold for 60+ minutes before she had to pick up her children from school. She said she sent a follow-up email as well but never got a response. When I emailed them, they said I should have taken a screenshot because they weren't offering 20% at that time.

Starting in July, they were offering 20% and I made the purchase June 27. I submitted the email request June 27 immediately following my order.. I wouldn't have made that up. After many emails back and forth, they said they were not going to credit me 10% or offer any refunds for the products. Bait and switch. Scamming customer service and company. I want to support my friends and healthier products but not when the company is built on liars and scammers.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I started using Beautycounter products in January 2020 and by March, I had three obvious milia on my left eyelid. It is now August and I have more milia on my right eyelid, on my waterline of my left eye, and a few developing under my eyes on the sensitive skin where I can't really exfoliate. This is a direct correlation. I purchased their night cream, oil, dew skin, and eye shadow. I was also gifted the peel, which is TERRIBLE. I have non sensitive skin and this stuff made my lip area tight and peeling for two weeks straight. Soon after I started using all of these products consistently, the milia appeared. I hate that I spent so much money on it all. But will be using products that won't cause this milia problem anymore. If that means the products aren't rated so well on that never list, so be it. I just don't want the tiny white bumps everywhere anymore!

All the literature says they'll go away, but they keep appearing. I'm going to stop all use of Beautycounter products and see if they go away. If they do, I'll update this review. I have it two stars because I really like the oil and the Dew Skin. But it's not worth it in the long run. Dew Skin is too expensive and super oily during the summer months. The oil I can get elsewhere or make myself.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Here are some facts that you need to know before ordering:

(1) Once you have an order, you CANNOT cancel the order in any ways.
      (2) When you call them after you make an order, they could say that the order has been already packed and will be shipped on the very next day. What they say is NOT always true. For me, it took a few days.

(3) Although there is a delay in their delivery with the company's problem (e.g., in the process of transitioning to a new warehouse), they will not grant any exceptions for the customers (e.g., there should be NO exceptions for the date for the refund for the product).

Bureaucratic company. Overall, this was the worst experience of customer service. For them, an order made cannot be canceled even if you call them only a few hours later, they did not properly notify customers about the potential delivery delay before they make an order (on their website), and their delayed delivery from the company's own problem was ok although they did not accept the request to return the produce a few days later (which was caused by their delayed delivery) was not acceptable. I just cannot believe that there are still companies like this attitude and service.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

First of all I have to excuse the rest of the Countertime line because I do like it and it is making a positive difference in my skin. A friend of mine sells the products and told me that they use a retinol like substance that is safe for breast-feeding and pregnant mothers called Bakuchiol, or swiss alpine rose. The problem with the eye cream I believe is that there is too much of this anti-aging ingredient. After two solid months of use it has ended up creating more lines under my eyes as the skin never sloughs off completely. It’s not like I exfoliate my under eye skin the way I exfoliate the rest of my skin. That build up of skin and I think the fact that the product is way too strong for the eye area has created more fine lines than I had before.

I am extremely frustrated as I spent a lot of money on this. I am returning the eye cream for a refund hopefully in time. I know I have to go find a different eye cream to reverse the damage and add moisture to the area without harsh ingredients.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I went to a party yesterday and listened to the consultant talk about all the bad things in other brands and how this company avoids these cancer causing chemicals. I was intrigued. I washed my face with Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil. It only sat on my face for a brief minute but when I went to wash it off these weird black stingy fibers were forming on my face. Everytime I tried to wash them off - it kept happening. This went on for several minutes and I started to panic for a second. I switched to a clean fresh wet paper towel and the same thing kept happening. I could feel the fibers forming on my face and I could pull this off in clumps. After several minutes I finally stopped rinsing the product off and just waited. Finally the black hairy fibers stopped forming. I will NEVER buy from this company!!!! Something like this has never happened to me before. This morning, my face feels very tight and red!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I received a gift box from a relative from Beauty Counter. My review is not about the product which I haven't tried but the packaging. They get an F for wasteful packaging. There were 2 heavy cardboard boxes, shredded brown paper, crinkled brown paper, a reusable but not recyclable tote bag, and the boxes the products were packaged in. I won't address the actual bottles the products came in. I would not purchase Beauty Counter products based on the absence of thoughtful attention to wasteful packaging affecting our planet. We all have to be aware.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I felt it a responsible thing to do to use something more safe once I discovered that on a scale of 1 - 14, the Equate (Neutrogena) stick 70 SPF I've been using was rated a 7. I ordered from Beautycounter for $30 (item, tax, shipping). I was NOT happy with such an outrageous cost but THEN it arrived! I wish I could show a photo! It's lost in my hand, it's so tiny! The stuff measures 2" x 1". I don't care HOW good it is, I will never order another item from them. I think it's just another MLM and its gimmick is "natural and safe."

Beautycounter author review by Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss

Founder Gregg Renfrew started Beautycounter after she learned about the beauty industry’s lack of regulations. Beautycounter empowers consumers by offering them to join the company as a Consultant.

• Beautycounter safety promise: Beautycounter is one of the few companies in the world to actually test their products for safety before they go on the market.

• Mission-driven: The company’s mission is to get safe products into the hands of everyone.

• The Never List: Beautycounter has banned more than 1,500 ingredients from their products and is setting a new health and safety standard for consumers.

by Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss Organic Skincare Contributing Editors

Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss are co-founders of Beauty Lies Truth, a website dedicated to educating consumers about the ingredients in personal care products. Alexis is a singer, songwriter and front-woman of the band Sleigh Bells and uses her public platform to transform the beauty industry. Jessica is an award-winning activist and entrepreneur who has spent the past ten years spreading awareness about product safety and working with the most conscious companies on the market.

Beautycounter Company Information