Looking for organic skincare?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.54/5

Beautycounter Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Malina ** is a great consultant and definitely knows about the products. I would recommend anyone who is looking for natural products everything from skin care to shampoo, sunscreen. You would be amazed at what is in some of the other products we use everyday. Give Malina a try!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I have been using Beautycounter skincare and makeup exclusively for 4 years. Why? Because it's really safe and I'd rather not have hormone disruption nor skin cancer. They are vigilant on providing 'safer beauty' as they call it. It is a more expensive line than the grocery store - but if you are used to Estee Lauder or Rodan & Fields or any other high end product, it's an easy switch.

At 61, I don't look like I'm 35. But I look like a beautiful 61 year old woman and I am thankful to have these products. My goal is to live and long and healthy life so that I can be around with my family longer. Anything I can do to prevent illness is a priority for me. My personal favorite skincare is their newest line: Countertime. It is THE best! My skin has felt so wonderfully moisturized! I also love the Counter + resurfacing peel and the Number 1 brightening facial oil. I could go on and on. But once my face is clean and moisturized and ready, I love layering on the makeup! I walk out the door feeling confident every day!

Get expert buying tips about Organic Skin Care delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I did not think this could possibly be as good as I heard because it was “all natural”. At first, the products tingled and I thought it was burning my skin. My complexion turned bright red and looked sunburned. After a few days of application, I could see a huge change in my skin and the way it felt. I’m on month 3 and I can go without makeup most days. I’m 42 and can never remember not wearing makeup. My pores are smaller and my skin rarely breaks out. I really think my skin was detoxing when I first started using it. My body was addicted to all the toxins! Trust me, see this thru at least a month and you will notice a change. I ate my words.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I HIGHLY recommend Beautycounter. This is a company dedicated to changing the beauty industry. They are working to get safer products into the hands of everyone. I’m obsessed with all things Beautycounter. The Countermatch line is by far the best product to ever touch my skin. I like knowing my children can use the products and not have to worry about harmful ingredients, fertility blocking products, endocrine blockers, or hormone blockers. I’ve personally dealt with their customer service and they were super friendly and very helpful. I see nothing but good things go happening with this company.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I have been using Beautycounter products for a little over a year. I love the company's mission of getting safe products to everyone. I had to find the products that work for my skin type. I did this by working with my consultant and trying different products. I never had to return anything, but felt confident in the company policy on returns, and had confidence my consultant would facilitate the return process if necessary. As for the reported customer service issues... I think it is important to find a good consultant, and use them as your first stop for any customer service request. After all, they are the ones representing the company, and who, theoretically consult and sell you the product. They should be responsible for ensuring you get the service you are promised.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beautycounter?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I highly recommend NOT purchasing the sunscreen spray or lotion from Beautycounter. Neither absorb well in the skin and they do not work. I applied several layers every 1-2 hours and still burned really bad. I had to leave a review here instead of the website due to the reviews on the site being FAKE. They actually do not let customers submit product reviews, it's a complete scam. I am hesitant to try any products due to their fake reviews.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Be absolutely certain what you order is exactly what you want. They will not make cancelling an order easy. They will tell you to just wait to get the products then ship it back, and all the meanwhile charge your card instead of cancelling it when nothing has been shipped out and the charge is still pending. So be 100% certain that you will not have a change of heart or be ready to pay. Document everything so that you dispute this charge if it happens to you. Cancelling an order should be easy. They will not cancel the order. Even an order that was made only a couple of hours earlier and hasn’t even been processed or shipped out. What a shame. Not a way to do business or retain a potential new customer.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Placed order Thursday 25 July and Pauli’s for overnight shipping. Total order $167. Here we are 7 days later with nothing. Haven’t received order or even an email with shipping details. Have tried to call the phone number, it says that it’s been disconnected and not getting a reply from email either. And to top it all off my account I set up has been suspended by an administrator. This company is a complete fraud. Stay away from them.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Suntan Lotion fail. Sitting out at the pool, I applied some of the spray lotion. (Which you have to rub) After 20 minutes of mild sun, my arms were red and burnt. No point in saving yourself from toxins if you’re gonna get skin cancer.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Beautycounter is a brand that hires consultants to assist customers in making informed decisions before purchasing products - I had worked with 2 separate consultants and only received misinformation and rudeness! The sunscreens are mineral based and some have a tint, but when I asked in regards to the color of the tints and how they would look I did not receive a detailed answer. Instead I was encouraged to buy and try (they did not inform me of the return policy). The sunscreen was terrible - it did not absorb and the tint would rub off onto anything it touched! (furniture, clothes, skin, other people!) The spray made the product fly everywhere and could not be used indoors. Not to mention the color of the tint was TERRIBLE! The Medium-Dark color is a chalky, grey toned brown - very cool/neutral undertone and not good in summer with a tan.

The consultant, Amanda **, came back and asked how I liked the product a few weeks later, I told her the above statement. She sent me a "whatever/shrugging" emoji. I suppose she did not like my answer, but I did expect a professional response. When questioned about her response she stated "I truly don't know what to say, clearly you've made up your mind, no point in me trying to change it. Had we had this conversation in person I would have shrugged. There's no point in my sharing any additional info or trying to troubleshoot a product you got so mad at you threw away instead of getting a free refund." - Nice to know they have a return policy 5 days before the deadline for returns (60 days via USPS and the original packaging). If only their consultants were more professional, I would be willing to give them another try with other products, but the attitude I receive just isn't worth it.

Beautycounter expert review by Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss

Founder Gregg Renfrew started Beautycounter after she learned about the beauty industry’s lack of regulations. Beautycounter empowers consumers by offering them to join the company as a Consultant.

• Beautycounter safety promise: Beautycounter is one of the few companies in the world to actually test their products for safety before they go on the market.

• Mission-driven: The company’s mission is to get safe products into the hands of everyone.

• The Never List: Beautycounter has banned more than 1,500 ingredients from their products and is setting a new health and safety standard for consumers.

• Best for: Women and mothers looking for safe and effective cosmetics and skincare products.

Profile picture of Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss
Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss Organic Skincare Contributing Editors

Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss are co-founders of Beauty Lies Truth, a website dedicated to educating consumers about the ingredients in personal care products. Alexis is a singer, songwriter and front-woman of the band Sleigh Bells and uses her public platform to transform the beauty industry. Jessica is an award-winning activist and entrepreneur who has spent the past ten years spreading awareness about product safety and working with the most conscious companies on the market.

Beautycounter Company Information