NordicTrack Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought the commercial grade 2450 treadmill thinking that it would be commercial quality. It has now broken 6 times and shows no sign of ever working correctly. NordicTrack's idea of service is sending you parts (which you have to wait weeks for) and they tell you to take their crappy product apart and fix it yourself. I have been sent 5 new consoles and they all stop working within 2 weeks. Worst product I have ever owned across any consumer product category by far. Do yourself a favor and buy from another company. This thing is a lemon!

My wife and I heavily researched treadmills, read and watched reviews, etc., then became excited about purchasing the Nordic Track X9i incline trainer. We are fitness enthusiasts and have a full compliment for weights and training programs. Having said that, we were on board with the $1,799 price tag only to discover that iFit COACH plus was required for almost $500 bringing the price to $2300, a big jump. I called customer service and chatted with Nate who expressed, in a lackluster and unenthusiastic tone, that it was required, but hey, you get adjustable weights (a $500 value) free. No option to get what was advertised. So disheartening and a lost sale for Nordic Track. A consolation though, Nate offered a 5% discount. Hah!

NordicTrack customer service sucks and so does Manko delivery company! All of them! I purchased X11i in Jan. 2017. It is now May and I finally called and cancelled since it was never shipped to me. I had scheduled a delivery with Manko and the day of delivery they never showed up so I called them and they said they didn't have me down. I called them and NordicTrack and never got a response. They are all very rude and I'm surprised they are still in business. I will NEVER purchase any products from them! And I will make sure everyone knows about the experience I've had.

I love how reliable the NordicTrack Treadmills is. I've had it for almost 3 years but it still works as if it were brand new and it has amazing features on it as well. I can run all night on that thing. It tells me how many calories I'm burning and it also tells me how many miles I have ran so far which helps because sometimes people like to know how much miles they are running while knowing how many calories they are burning. I swear I am so happy they came out with this brand because that it the only brand I only honestly trust. The others seem too busy, fast or aren't that reliable like this one. And I feel like it's super easy to use. My toddler can learn how to use it in 5 minutes. I love it and it's worth the money I paid for it.

I like its heart rate meter to let you know your heart rate when working out on it and let's you know the miles you run. The price was little too high but I financed it because it's hard to get to the gym in the winter months, even though I prefer to walk outdoors. This is convenient for me having health issues. It's easy to set up just heavy and always need help setting it up, but once I get it going I can get my workout until the weather gets better or I can get to the gym.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Treadmills?

I like that you can run trails. I ran the Diamondhead Trail of Hawaii yesterday. The elevation changes along with the trail, ranging from steep hills headed upwards a hill to small downwards strides. It's awesome. I also like that you could walk the trails at the pace you'd like without it changing to a faster speed. Sometimes I would like to keep at a pace of 3 miles per hour and it always changes back when I'm not ready or would like it to. Also, it's very easy to use. All you have to do is attach the safety clip on, pick a trail and hit start. You can easily just walk a track, or you can choose from so many trails. I feel safe on it and I really do love it.

I like the look of it, very interactive, and all the different speed and incline settings you can choose from. I also like how it feels on my feet when I'm on it. It has everything I could need in a treadmill. It could be more compact though. It seems to take up a lot of room. And the setting up was not bad but the tread millisecond very heavy. It takes time to get use to how everything operates and which buttons do what.

Nordic Track is very safe and the quality is great. There is a lot of different functions and parts that are necessary for the treadmill. But, I barely have any space to put it in the living room, so I wish the treadmill will be a little smaller. Other than that, it is easy to set up. You just have to flip the switch and you will be able to have access to it.

I'd give it zero stars but that's not an option. If you read reviews on other websites there are a lot of negative. I wonder if NordicTrack will post this one on their site. The machine's belt broke within 2 weeks of use. Had to wait almost 2 months for it to be fixed. It was fixed for literally 1 use and the entire thing completely shut down. Won't even start up. Now once again, I'm going on a month waiting for repair. It's total garbage. I had a treadmill that I paid a fraction of the price for almost 20 years ago (not a NordicTrack). It was on the low end of $ back then because I wasn't sure I'd use it. I used it almost daily and that "cheap" treadmill just now gave out. Never had a problem with that thing. SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH A BRAND THAT WORKS. I got suckered in to Nordic by the incline. Only a plus if it actually works!

There are many things that I truly enjoy about the Nordic Track. I love how the belt is very smooth for a comfortable glide while exercising and the different speeds for the treadmill because I can run at my own pace. But, setting it up did not really take a short period of time like the instructions said that it would because I wanted to make sure that everything was exactly in place.

It's an electric treadmill that has an incline option and can go very fast. It can connect to your smart devices and it tracks calories burned, your heart rate and pulse and your goals. It is very nice and I like it a lot. I like the way that it inclines because I can get more of a workout in less time and it is harder, I also like that is a very quiet machine. I like that it folds up and can stand up, I like the variety of speeds that it is able to go. Also, it was relatively easy to set up from the box. My husband did all the set up but it didn't take him very long to do it, it does come in a few pieces though but after it's all put together it's very easy to connect the internet to it.

The reliability of the NordicTrack was very good. It has lasted me over 5 years and has not broken or had anything wrong with it since I have purchased it. It is the one thing I had the most concerns with when I bought it. I am very glad that I did and I am very pleased with the fact that I did get it over the other machines I was comparing it to. One of the best things I've done when purchasing exercise equipment. It's fairly easy to set up and disassembling the equipment.

I like that my NordicTrack treadmill is fast, lightweight and has good timer. It did not cost that much. I got it at Walmart on a Black Friday. It was easy to set up just heavy bringing in my house. I love it. My whole family using it all the time. I doubt I would ever buy another one. It has always worked very good for me.

The NordicTrack treadmill plays music and uses several different types of scenery to keep me interested in my run. There are also quick mph changes that make interval runs easier. Though I did not personally set up my treadmill, it appeared to be easy to set up. It's very space efficient and tucking it away is simple. However, they could add more quick mph settings for an easier interval run. But overall, I really like this treadmill.

My NordicTrack serves so many different levels of working out. Has a lot of levels of endurance and resistance. It's easy to use and I can program a specific training to it. It's quite easy to set up as well; just pull it out, roll it to my living room and unfold. Plug it in, turn it on and simply choose which workout I feel like doing! However, I do not like the softness of the track itself. By the end of my workout my feet hurt and at first I thought it was my shoes.

After the initial set up, the Nordic Track treadmill is very easy to use. It even folds up to save space which makes it a lot better than other models that I've seen and that I've used in the past in my home. I like the speed settings, incline, heart monitor and that it counts calories that I've burned and tracks my speed during my workout and how long I've been on it for. But, I'd improve the accuracy of the calorie counter, the duration it takes to turn off and also, the handles aren't the most comfortable to hang on to.

This is a great product. The assembly is very easy and the manual speaks for itself. Operating is very simple and the features speak for them self. I like all the features this brand has to offer. It offers different sizes at reasonable prices and a great warranty. They let you try the brand in the store also and if you are not satisfied even after a purchase they allow a full refund.

I need my exercise in order to stay in shape, and my NordicTrack helps me to do so. It's a somewhat cheap treadmill, but it works well nonetheless. It is a very good and large treadmill that is a few years old, and I like to run on it. It works very simply and efficiently. And it's easy to use. I turn it on and simply walk on it until I feel ready to run. It has a handle in case I want to stop very quickly. I can also see my heart rate, and I can adjust the pace and incline for a better workout. It lets me run incredibly fast, or when I just want to run, I can run almost as fast as I please, while listening to my music. However, it's not as detailed about tracking my speed. I can run with it and adjust the speed of the treadmill, but it does not track my miles per hour. Rather annoying.

It's reliable and has a smooth belt. It monitors heart rate and body fat and height and weight as well so it custom tailors everything to you personally. It is easy to set up bc you can just enter your height and weight and then enter what type of workout you want and then it tailors the workout to you personally so that way you can see how many calories you burn for yourself. However, I wish it was more energy efficient and it lasted longer and that also that there is a longer warranty. Maybe they could have someone come and repair it for free if it breaks.

I enjoyed my NordicTrack treadmill. I had it for 5 years and it still works well. It also give me a great workout. I like the options of a light workout to a major workout. The handles are made very strong. However, I thought the price was a bit too high when I bought it. Sometimes some of the parts comes a little loose. I would have to tighten them up and wish it was not necessary. It was not easy to put together. They could make it a bit easier with better instructions. It is easy to use though. My whole family uses it and overall worth to have.

The speed of Nordic Track ranges from 1mph - 10mph and there is an incline level that you can change. There is also a hookup to plug in music with speakers built into the treadmill. Programmable and preset workouts are also a bonus and easy to use! Everything is written out well and easy to understand. Moving the speed up and down and adjusting the incline is quite simple and easy. Setting up different workouts can take a little bit of considering but once you figure out how to set them up they are easy to remember. However, when running at a faster speed it can be hard to hear the music as loudly as I would prefer. Also, I have seen several of build in fans on other brands and more expensive models which would be a nice additional feature to have.

It has a lot of settings and I don't have to leave the house to exercise to get a great workout. I can speed it up or slow it down. I can also change the incline. Plus it has an mp3 hookup. However, I wish it wouldn't take up so much space and it folded up smaller so it could fit in my small apartment. I just leave it up because it isn't as compact as I thought it would be. If I do take it down and work out every single day it's kind of annoying because I have to put it up. I have young children that are very active. So I wish it has a kind of option where it can fit under the bed or in a small closet and that would be great.

It is easy to move around and it is lightweight. I also like that it includes a heart rate monitor and that it is wide enough so I don't feel cramped. However, I dislike that it shakes when I run fast on it. It interrupts my workout and I wish it was sturdier. I would like to improve the fact that I spent a lot of money on something that isn't as sturdy and durable as I hoped for. But the process of setting it up was very easy. All you do is press a button to lower the track into place. The instructions included were very easy to understand and follow and there were pictures included.

Nordic Track connects to the internet and allows you to connect to personal trainers and set your own workout time. It was easy to set-up, but it takes awhile to connect to the internet and log in and connect with a personal trainer. Once it's connected to the internet it doesn't take long to get started. But, it doesn't move that fast, and mine doesn't incline/decline. Other than that, I really like the machine I have and wouldn't trade or get rid of it at all.

The quality of the NordicTrack is excellent. Setup is simple. You just step on the side rails, attach a clip on to your clothing that has a cord attached. At the other end of the cord is a magnetic "key" that you attach to the machine. The machine will not turn on without the key. This safety feature is designed to shut the machine down if you happen to lose your balance and fall. Once the key is in place, the control panel lights up. You then select start. Once the belt starts you then step on it and start walking. You can then adjust your speed and incline.

My favorite feature would have to be the ledge for electronic devices. I also like the cup holders and the control panel. It includes different workouts to choose from and has the feature that allows the walking surface to "give" with each step to decrease the impact on the joints. But, I wish it was more compact but only if I didn't have to sacrifice features or quality. It folds up for storage but it is so heavy to lift up and down and impractical so we just leave it set up full time. Also, the mechanism that keeps the walking platform held up while in storage position broke long ago which is not that big a deal since we leave it set up anyway.

It was not hard to use. I just plugged it up and just set it and go. I bought it at an auction so I did not have to put it together. It fold up so I could roll it into the corner. It moved up and down as if I was on a hill. It calculated my speed and had a timer and said about how many calories I was burning. It had a cup holder and a thing to read my pulse. I wish I could watched movies on it or watched TV or it had a radio so I would not have been so bored. I also wish it was not so heavy because I couldn't take it to my new house.

I like my NordicTrack treadmill a lot. It is awesome. It is very easy to use and it tracks all of my stats for me. I like seeing exactly how far I’ve run and how long it took me. It was super simple to set up the first time. So now when I use it, it’s like jump on and press two buttons and you are good to go.

The amount of options for speed and incline weren't overwhelming like typical treadmills. Usually the more options there are the more difficult it is to operate but the NordicTrack is easy to use, the thing I like the most. When we initially set up the treadmill it was hard to find a spot in our office where it looked right because it is bulky and heavy but it's very easy to use and set-up.

I like how NordicTrack is reliable and have had no issues with it in years. It has a wide variety of features and was a good price when I purchased it. It is very easy to use, and we got it in the house easily, did not need any extra helping hands, my husband and I did it ourselves with no issue. I would definitely buy it again, and would recommend to anyone.

My whole family enjoys it and we love it. My husband and brother set it up when I was pregnant and they didn't seem to have any problems while doing so. The NordicTrack treadmill is easy to use and is very smooth when in use. The programs in the machine are really challenging. We also like the incline capabilities of the treadmill. But I think it's quite loud. Don't know if there is a way to make it any quieter. Also, it is on the larger and bulkier side. Maybe make it more slimline.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Known for their iconic skier machines, NordicTrack began manufacturing treadmills in the late 1990s. They have a variety of treadmills for consumer and commercial use, including their incline trainer, which has a 40 percent incline, and their treadmill desks, which allow users to work while burning calories and staying active.

• Wide variety: NordicTrack has treadmills for multiple uses and budgets, including incline trainers, C-series treadmills, commercial treadmills and desktop treadmills. Prices start at $799.
  • iFit: iFit is NordicTrack’s smart fitness app that gives users access to a library of customized workouts, training routes, automatic tracking and more. It is available through a paid subscription, and up to three users can be added to one account at a time.
  • Free shipping: All NordicTrack products ship to your home for free when you purchase them directly from the NordicTrack website.
  • 30-day money back guarantee: Try your NordicTrack treadmill out at home for 30 days. If you aren’t fully satisfied, you can return it for a full refund.
  • NordicTrack picks: NordicTrack’s website lists their best picks for each of their main categories of treadmills to help consumers figure out which one will work best for their needs.
  • Best for NordicTrack treadmills are best for walkers, joggers and runners.

Compare Treadmills