3.12/5
Based on 120 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

500 NordicTrack Treadmills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

A very great product, and a must have for noobs and experts. Everything it has, it provides lots of features. It's big so I don't trip on anything, has a place to hold my phone so I can watch videos for encouragement or track steps. Has a place to hold my water, can detect heartbeat levels, etc. It's really great and comfortable to use. Digital screen too. The only thing I can really dislike about this product is how loud it can be on faster speeds. I usually never had this problem with other treadmills, but this one appears to have this feature. Even so, everything else is pretty great. It's very easy to use. An easy start up button to start to allow you set your own pace or hills. You can also provide information of yourself like weight and preferred heart rate limit. The auto start button will take care of the rest.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

NordicTrack has great innovative features. Very respectable company as well. I have had no problems out of this treadmill. It looks and performs like one that is top of the line. From day one everything has worked just fine. I set up the treadmill with one of my friends. The directions were self-explanatory and we followed them precisely. It was not hard, though careful attention was necessary for the treadmill to be properly constructed.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

The process of setting the NordicTrack Treadmill up is simple and the instructions are easy to follow. After actually setting up the product, it takes no time to connect and use. I like the simplicity of this product. I don't have to press too many buttons and it's easy to turn on and get started on my routine. It's a very durable product that I know will last a long time. However, I think this treadmill's functions can be improved by being able to connect to my devices to it. I would prefer to listen to music while using this treadmill because music allows me to have a better and more effective workout.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

It's very modern and easy to use with the digital pad to adjust the settings. I also like it because it gives me something to do every morning. I can also set up my phone and use it in an effective way while using the treadmill and also track my heart rate and progress. It was easy to set up with the manual it came with. Anyone who is familiar with appliances and technology and a little engineering this would be super easy to learn in 15 minutes. However, I wish they found a way to make the machine voice enabled, or even more advanced, 6th sense or intuitional to automatically know what speed that body needs that steps on the scale.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The NordicTrack Treadmill is well made, looks good and works well. It can be adjusted easily and is fairly compact. I like its size, the number of features it offers and the way it tracks use. This treadmill is fairly easy to set up and it wears well. There are many adjustments that can be made for individual use and this is very much liked and needed. Both my husband and myself can use this machine. Though it could probably be quieter when using it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Treadmills?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

It has customizable programs, comes with a chip for workouts, and shows heart rate and calories. When it's already plugged in, I just turn on a switch and use it. While it does what I want it to do, it is kind of old. It's also very big, heavy, and awkward to manage and fold up and it takes up a lot of room. I wish it was smaller and thinner.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

NordicTrack Treadmill gives me a great workout and I really enjoy it. I love the tv on the panel so many options. It has different places on the TV screen like to go to hills and mountains. I like the fact it slides under the bed. It fits right in. It's ok to use and set up. On the other hand, when something goes wrong with it it's really hard to repair but overall it does a great job. Well worth the money although it is expensive.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This treadmill was very easy to set up and use. I was worried it would take a lot of time but in reality it only took about an hour to set up. The directions were very self-explanatory, so with a little patience I got it done in no time! I love the speakers and the incline. I also love a good climb, so having a very steep incline is an incredibly welcome feature to me. If I could add onto this treadmill, I would add a built-in fan on the front to have on as I run. Overall, this is by far the absolute best piece of fitness equipment that I ever used in my home. If I were to purchase another piece of equipment, I would definitely go for NordicTrack again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

The NordicTrack Treadmill is easy to use and it's easy as 123 to set it up. It folds out and there you go! Then you can fold it up to put it away in the closet or in a hiding spot where nobody can see it! I like that is has different inclines and settings, it has great gauges to tell your time on your speed and the distance you have gone. It can be moved easily and it's an effective workout. I can work out with other people, improve your distance and performance daily. However, I would choose to change some of the settings and the shape of the track and the way it rises! Other than that it's a pretty good treadmill and workout!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I bought the NordicTrack 2450 treadmill in March 2018. Overall, I have been pretty happy with it, but there are three improvements that would make it an excellent treadmill. I have provided these suggestions, but whether they will ever be incorporated or not remains to be seen. (1) The unit probably works great if you have access to reliable, high-speed internet. The iFit sessions are very good but I am limited to reasonably poor AT&T DSL. If the internet hiccups at all, and that can be a very minor hiccup, the treadmill will not save any of the workout data. If it happens say 25 minutes into a run, you have one choice - start over with a complete loss of data. This should be a straightforward design improvement (I am an electrical engineer involved in some new product design). This should be a no brainer.

(2) The treadmill connects to the internet via wireless connection. There is no way to direct connect a CAT5 cable. This would eliminate the drops due to a wireless glitch. Again a no-brainer. (3) A non-technical issue is the metal screen covering the speakers. Poor choice of material - it RUSTS? The iFit workouts I do generate a lot of sweat. I never expected to see rust spots appearing. Even a plastic screen would be better. When everything is working right, it is a very good treadmill. Unfortunately, mine drops a couple of times a week. Fortunately, I also wear a cheap Fitbit to capture my data. Hope NordicTrack pays attention to the comments I sent them. I think I received a generic "Thanks for contacting us" message in response. Hope this helps someone.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We have owned a NordicTrack Treadmill for over 10 years and have only had to have it serviced one time. It has stood the test of time. It is easy to use because it is a very basic piece of equipment.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Setting up and operating the treadmill is simple. Even if I didn't know how to do it, employees in stores are really knowledgeable of the equipment. You can also call the company and ask for help or download a manual online. I like that I can charge and listen to my phone, as well as keeps track of my stats on it. It also looks good and durable for the work I put it through. And although it was awesome, I would like it not to automatically turn off. I alternate exercises between running and calisthenics and mine tends to turn off, losing track of my progress.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Setting up my machine is not too bad because I can flatten it and put it under my bed. But if it could be flatter than I would be much happier and I would love if I could slide it in the closet if it's a tiny area. I have mine in the corner in my basement but since the basement is tiny I tend to be exercising with lifting and setting up. The pre-workouts are very energizing and keeps you motivated to stay in your workout and the post helps to lessen the pain afterwards. I love how the machine adapts to the way a person ways of walking, the levels are good but can use a little more to keep the levels of difficulty up. I also love how the machine makes you feel like you are walking outside on different types of flooring and you can feel the resistance right up under your feet.

However I would make the levels a little more advanced for the people that like to do marathons. An easier for the beginners. I would change the screen size to be suitable for a slimmer fit machine and try to make it a little more portable for people to move around their homes. I would add different voice options for people to choose from and not have to keep a certain voice. It would be a lot like different voices in the gps and the voices would be from different countries. Different people have different ways of speaking and will clearly understand things the way that they speak in their native tongues. I would also add a button to push that would be the setup button and that would unfold it easily.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I love the NordicTrack treadmill brand. So far, it is very easy to set up. It is very comfortable. This track is built with technology, comfort and a great engineering. And the most thing I love is the convenience of this product. This treadmill has multi-window led display, calorie burn meter, custom weight loss center and auxiliary music port. It has NordicTrack iFit and also an integrated tablet holder, and two-amplified speakers digitally. I would never change any plans looking for another track because of the friendliness of the product.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

It is pretty easy to set up as well as navigate, set up took less than 1 hour, and after that it's pretty much self-explanatory. I have it used many times, set up a fan in front of me while I run so I keep cool. It helps in the summer when it's too hot outside to run during the day. It is simple and easy to use. It has easy button navigation, easy setting menu and navigation as well. I like that it has a heart rate monitor clip and you can plug in head phones. I like its incline and the side-rails are in the perfect position. But I don't like its bulky design. The screen is also outdated and I wish it was more interactive. The running pad is a little poor in quality and the shock-absorption on the treadmill could be better as it hurts my feet.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Setting up and operating the treadmill is very easy. I press two buttons and I'm ready to work out. It has many options to change speeds, incline and decline. I purchased it used but it is still fairly new. It also has a nice LCD screen that displays what I need to know. It would be nice if it had built in fans to cool me down. It would also be nice if it didnt consume so much power. I also find that the heartbeat monitor does not work correctly all the time. Still, I have used many other treadmills where you get lost trying to operate it. NordicTrack has always been my go to treadmill for ease of use. It's been a very good experience.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

The NordicTrack was easy to set up to me and the instructions were not hard to do. I had my parents help me put it together and it was up in less than 30 minutes. I got it from Walmart a few years ago. It has different speeds and the machine is easy to use. The speed functions on it are very helpful to me and been staying fit. It works wonderful. Also, the new model that came out is digital and more sleeker and it is just beautiful.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

The delivery guys did the setup in about 12 minutes. It looked pretty easy and operating is easy as well. It's pretty tall when you are standing on it so be sure the room you have chosen for the machine can accept it. This treadmill has several speeds and levels of incline, cup holder and a fan that keeps you from sweating too much. The preset workouts are pretty good. But the mat roller could be more cushioned and wider. And I would like too see all the categories all at once instead of having one at a time lit up speed, miles and calories.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I really like that it has good reviews online, so I know that it has been tested and approved by others. I just wish it to be able to fold it up to save space in my house, as I have a limited amount of room. Maybe a more accurate heart rate monitor, as well. My Fitbit and my NordicTrack don't have the same results. But I really like that it is durable and sturdy and I like the technology and ways to track my activity on the NordicTrack. It was incredibly easy to set up and use. I am fairly familiar with other treadmills, so it wasn't exactly rocket science to figure out how to operate. It was pretty straightforward.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

When I purchased it it was easy to assemble. It is easy, convenient and user friendly to operate. I like that the seat is comfy and that you can adjust the intensity of your workouts. There are also many different types of workouts that you can set the treadmill such as different inclinations and different types of backgrounds. However, it is kinda of big and bulky so I have to put it in the living room when I want to exercise. I would prefer if it was more compact and easy to store as opposed to having to display it out in my living room. I want to be able to workout in the privacy of my bedroom and store it in my closet away from everyone's view.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I like the fact that I own it and it is in my house and I can use it at any time I want. Makes for ease of working out on days that were long at the office. I also like that I can place it in my living room and watch the nightly news while I work out. Very easy to set up. Other than that it's just a plain treadmill. The cost of the brand is way too much for a basic treadmill but I bought it used.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I like my treadmill very much. It was very easy to set up the first time and every time since! No need to struggle taking pieces off and on. Just click the buttons and fold or releases buttons to open. But I would add a place to keep my water bottle for ease of replenishment while I'm working out. However, it has a calories burned feature and led monitor that keeps track of heartbeat and distance moved! It also has a tablet holder and speakers for extra music boost! And has 2 side rails for help not falling. It is also foldable and pops up with a few click buttons!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

The process of setting up my treadmill is simple. All I need to do is insert the magnetic key then choose the incline and speed I want to go. The computer system for the most part is intuitive. I like that NordicTrack uses a 200 meter race track simulation and that I can attach the magnetic key to my chest to make sure that if I fall off the treadmill, the machine automatically stops and reduces injury. One minor problem is that when I immediately jump to a high speed, the treadmill needs to start up and the computer detects the same Calorie burn rate. So I need to remember to subtract 3-4 calories in my head to reach my goal. Also, I would like to add a profile based on my own health to ensure the Calories that I burn are accurate.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

NordicTrack treadmills have adjustable height and speeds. It also folds up nicely so it can easily be hidden and not in the way. Looks nice too with the rest of my furniture. It's a neutral color so it matches pretty much everything. When setting up and operating the treadmill, I needed to make sure I could use it and would feel comfortable using it. The set up was fairly easy not complex and took less than ten minutes overall. While it's beyond satisfactory, it would be better if the base you walk on have a foam padding. It hurts your knees a bit if you use it too much because of the impact on the hard surface.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This machine is super-easy to set up, get programmed, and get running. It runs super smoothly and flawlessly. The controls are all sensible and easy to access and I really like and make much use of the 3D touch screen. I also like the super-easy speed adjustments, which make for a seamless run or walk any time that I use it. I would highly recommend this machine to anyone looking to improve their cardio fitness.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I like the incline, up hill and down hill, heart rate monitor, steps taken, miles ran, miles in walking features of the NordicTrack treadmill. It's very simple and easy to use and not hard to start. I get on the treadmill select my setting and begin. I like being able to hop on the treadmill and start my normal routine with its preprogramming settings. However, I would like to see features removed that I do not use such as some of the auto features like automatic resetting and automatic incline stating by itself and shutting down on its own. Other than that, I enjoy being able to use it through the day at one click of a button or go with a more physical workout if I wanted to.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The NordicTrack treadmill has a 2.75 CHP Motor as well as a 0 - 10 MPH Speed 0 - 10% Incline. This treadmill also has a OneTouch Controls 300 Lb. User Weight Capacity with a Dual CardioGrip Heart Rate Monitor 1.9". It also sports a Precision-machined and Balanced Non-flex Roller. However, I dislike the FlexSelect Cushioning AutoBreeze selection as well as the Workout Fan structure and the 20" x 55" Tread Belt that seems to be somewhat limiting to your workout. Nevertheless, it helps me work hard but it save space. Also, this treadmill has the Multi-window LED Display, Calorie Burn Meter and the Custom Weight Loss Center with NordicTrack iFit Membership Ready Integrated Tablet Holder Auxiliary Music Port Two 2” Digitally-amplified Speakers.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

NordicTrack has great amazing quality. I truly enjoy everything about this exercise equipment. One of my favorite things about this is that it's easy to set up and install. I like that instructions come with the packaging and they are step by step. Also, the auxiliary music port is very reliable. I like the heart rate monitor too as well as the multi window LED display. I also like that it has the incline.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

It is very easy to set up and operate. I can get my exercises in hassle free and stress free. I like how well it operates and it gives me great tracking options so I can know how well I am doing and if I am reaching goals. I also like how quick my exercises can be. I would definitely recommend this brand to people I know if it came up. It's fun and exciting.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

So, to those considering buying that pretty X22i NordicTrack product, Don't! If you’re lucky and everything works you’re ok, if not, understand that customer service is non-existent. So, you're going to buy it anyway! 1) Do NOT finance through NordicTrack. Use your own credit card so you can get resolution and even file a chargeback if needed, and do not pay in cash. NordicTrack financing is administered through TD Bank, and though we have accounts with TD, I can assure you that this Department is Horrendous! They will place bogus charges on your account, block you from filing disputes, change your finance terms and in general give you a runaround, always siding with NordicTrack. They will screw you and won't help you, I promise. In fact they eventually blocked us from filing disputes on our account after they refused to fix it.

2) Do NOT pay for the upgraded shipping options. We experienced the same delivery hazard many others did. Your product will eventually be handed over to a third rate, cheap local company with a step van. If you're lucky enough to receive your product undamaged by a forklift or drop, the delivery driver will inevitably tell you he can only drop your box at the garage door, or take it back to the warehouse. We had to bribe our driver with extra cash and that was after showing him we already paid for White Glove Delivery over the threshold. 3) Do not pay for extended warranty or service. This again is administered by a third party and you can easily find loads of horror stories involving people who paid, but received no service. NordicTrack will stonewall you on this issue.

DO check that you received all the years of iFit that came with your purchase. We were shorted a year and contacted iFit who fixed our account after providing a receipt. Do be prepared to file a case with the Attorney General of your State and the CFPB. You will be doing so as NordicTrack does not care how much you ask them to fix your issue, they simply won't. Reason of review: Poor customer service.

NordicTrack Treadmills expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Known for their iconic skier machines, NordicTrack began manufacturing treadmills in the late 1990s. They have a variety of treadmills for consumer and commercial use, including their incline trainer, which has a 40 percent incline, and their treadmill desks, which allow users to work while burning calories and staying active.

• Wide variety: NordicTrack has treadmills for multiple uses and budgets, including incline trainers, C-series treadmills, commercial treadmills and desktop treadmills. Prices start at $799.

• iFit: iFit is NordicTrack’s smart fitness app that gives users access to a library of customized workouts, training routes, automatic tracking and more. It is available through a paid subscription, and up to three users can be added to one account at a time.

• Free shipping: All NordicTrack products ship to your home for free when you purchase them directly from the NordicTrack website.

• 30-day money back guarantee: Try your NordicTrack treadmill out at home for 30 days. If you aren’t fully satisfied, you can return it for a full refund.

• NordicTrack picks: NordicTrack’s website lists their best picks for each of their main categories of treadmills to help consumers figure out which one will work best for their needs.

• Best for: NordicTrack treadmills are best for walkers, joggers and runners.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

NordicTrack Treadmills Company Information

www.nordictrack.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business