3.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

512 NordicTrack Treadmills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased a treadmill just under 2 years ago and it's having some issues. Not only is the treadmill still under the original warranty, I purchased the extended warranty as well. I've submitted two online requests for service with no response beyond an email telling me that I will be contacted with further instructions. I've been waiting to speak to a live person now for almost 35 minutes! When I called to purchase the extended warranty, I was able to speak with someone almost immediately. The minute I asked to schedule service, I was transferred to customer service and never had anyone come to the line. Hence, the original online request for service. I was so busy researching the quality of the treadmill, I never bothered to look into the customer service. I won't purchase from them again and will discourage anyone else from doing so.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

After Installing X11i, everything started except the belt. The belt just wouldn't move in any mode. When I called the customer service, I was put on hold with a "9 minute wait time". It has been 40 minutes I am still on hold and the estimated wait time is still 9 minutes.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I have ordered a treadmill a month ago and still have not received it. I have called customer service and I was told it was shipping today and they will send an email but have not received an email. Do not buy anything from this company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I purchased a treadmill from Sears and after getting it all set up and ready to use it wouldn’t run because it needed to be activated. After 4 hours on hold NordicTrack claimed an iFit subscription for $200 was required to use it. Well after that we called Sears to return it and they gave us an easy workaround that did not require the purchase. NordicTrack wasted 4 hours and lie to me. Horrible. Will never have our business again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Worst sales experience ever. Order treadmill. Never received sales confirmation. Called after 2 weeks to get my order # so I could track. Gave me the wrong number. Promised to send sales confirmation; never received it. Chatted a few days later and got correct order number. Promised again I would get sales confirmation; nothing. Called a week later when status just kept saying "In Progress". Told that it would not ship until 2 months after being ordered. Asked to have an exec from sales call me. Told that they don't call customers; I would have to call them. Don't know how this company can survive with such a horrible sales experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Treadmills?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I've just spent the last two weeks trying to get a NordicTrack treadmill -- that was already delivered to my local area -- delivered to my home to no avail. I ordered NordicTrack's "white glove" delivery and assembly service, but NordicTrack apparently doesn't have any contractors who provide that service in the Concord, NH area. The shipper reconsigned the treadmill twice and still couldn't tell me who had the treadmill that I could call for a status. The shipper that NordicTrack used hung up on me twice today when I called for a status -- once after placing me on hold for 18 minutes.

I tried to be creative and asked for the "white glove" charge to be refunded and just get the treadmill delivered to my home and I could assemble. The sales department made the refund, but then the tracking people argued me that they couldn't expedite the delivery and it was already scheduled to be delivered on the white glove assembly service. I've never been more dissatisfied with a large product purchase in my life. Find another company who cares more about your business than NordicTrack!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Bought a NordicTrack treadmill at the local Sears a few years back. Well Sears is now closed and of course the NordicTrack has a problem. The problem is that the electronics won't work to operate the treadmill. I went to NordicTrack's service chat line and they gave me a number for an Ervin ** (**) who is supposed to service NordicTrack in this area. I left two voice mail messages (very polite and with the pertinent information) and a text message. He did not contact me for a week. Finally I got pissed and called at 8:19 pm and started to leave a nasty message for Ervin. Somehow he happened to be right there after I started and basically challenged me to a fight. I have to say that if NordicTrack relies on these kind of people to do the service work that they should be doing then I will never buy, nor recommend anyone purchase their products.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We went all out and spent $4,000 on top of the line treadmill & accessories. Within 6 months, the entire console needed to be replaced. Flash forward a couple of months and the incline motor and wires needed to be replaced. 1 day later, it needs yet another part. Not only is the actual machine breaking down every other month but the customer service is TERRIBLE. For example, I waited on hold for 45 minutes today to be spoken to in a rude manner by a customer service agent. Then I was told that they would replace every part before actually sending me a new machine. One customer service representative actually told me that because of my faulty machine, he thankfully has a job. Um, okay, so you’re welcome? Glad this complete inconvenience and waste of money could serve you, the company, somehow... I will NEVER buy from this company again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I purchased my NordicTrack Incline Trainer x15i, and it worked well for a little over a year. Then I experienced a problem where the tread/walking part of machine stopped moving, but the video screen shows that I'm working out. After hours on phone, and computer chat with customer service, they think it's motor, and send me a new motor. Then they sent out a service technician to install motor, treadmill worked for around 10 min. and technician left. 2 days later same thing happens again! Now I go through this whole process over, and finally tech. comes back and finds a part called PFC control board, that has burnt up resistors on the board. It takes a couple weeks for this part to come in. Tech. installs, treadmill works for couple weeks, same thing happens again.

Now I watched the tech. install the PFC board last time, so I remove cover, check the PFC board and it has same burn mark on it. This time I video chat with customer service, they send me part, I install it. Works for two days, and breaks down again. Right now I have a $3,000 piece of trash taking up space in my house. I haven't been able to use the treadmill this year, because of this long drawn out, frustrating process, that hasn't been resolved. I thought I was buying a quality machine, from a quality company. Unfortunately I was wrong!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

The worst customer service I have ever encountered. My treadmill's motor started smoking. Called NordicTrack. Gave my CC # for a technician to come check it out. Was told it will take 3-5 business days for someone to call, to schedule an appointment. They don't factor the first business day you called (though it was quite early in the day) as 1 business day. No calls. On the 6th day I was given a number to coordinate the appointment myself. When I asked why they didn't give it to me earlier, the customer service rep asked me if I want my money back. Availability of a technician another week. Not sure how long to receive the parts. All in all I am estimating about 1 month for my treadmill to work again. Worst customer service! If you are planning on buying a NordicTrack product, pray it doesn't break down.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I did a ton of talking with the sales folks on the phone to research before making this expensive purchase ($1200 including delivery and installation) which I was financing through them. I asked specific questions about iFit because I didn’t want to be tied into subscribing to it, and the onboard workouts. What I was looking for was a simple, reliable machine with onboard workouts for specific goals, a fan, and iPod speakers. I was assured this was it.

It took a million years to ship. Once it arrived at their regional center it took many more days for the logistics company to schedule the installation. They were scheduled from 8-12 noon and called me with their “we are 20 min away” call at 6am. Yes. 6am. I had to get my kids off to school so told them I needed them to stick to 8. They arrived at 7:30. They took 3 hours to assemble. They spoke pretty much no English. When they were done I asked them to run me through how to use it as I would expect. They said all they do is make sure it turns on. I realized they had no manual and the machine had no cup holders, they were omitted. They told me to take it up with NordicTrack. The whole experience stunk.

I go to begin using it for the first time and discover a few things. 1. The console is nothing like the one they advertise on their site! 2. The fan is not adjustable. It doesn’t even hit me because I’m short. Useless. 3. THERE ARE NO ONBOARD PROGRAMS. If you do not have WiFi where the machine is located, which is my situation, this is a MANUAL ONLY MACHINE!!!! It must connect to WiFi to do ANYTHING except manual mode. 4. All programs are video based. I requested a machine with basic programs and was told this had them. Another lie. 5. The machine doesn’t ever go into sleep mode. If you do not unplug it the screen stays on 24/7 which I assume will make for many people to need to replace it when it burns out, resulting in more money for them. 6. Speakers are tiny and sound horrible.

Now on to the manufacturer’s customer service. I called about all the issues and was told I was doing something wrong regarding onboard programs and they directed me to iFit. I get in touch with them and they direct me back to NordicTrack saying there are no onboard programs. NordicTrack sales nor customer service even understand their product. Regarding the missing cup holders and manual, they say they’ll send them but I’m responsible for installing. I already paid for professional install. Unacceptable.

Every time you call them it is at least 45 min on hold and you get through and often get hung up on. They are so rude!! With all the misadvertising I said I want to initiate a return. The rep tells me that I owe a restocking fee and return shipping and am responsible for disassembly, boxing and getting the treadmill to my stoop for pickup. Absolutely ridiculous. This with their “30 day free trial and money back guarantee”.

What a joke! I ask for a supervisor who gives me the same spiel. If I had not financed it I would have had no recourse and get stuck with the bum machine or have to pay all the fees to return. I have a perfect 845 credit score and told her bluntly that I don’t care if she refuses to eat the cost of returning it with disassembly by their people and the restocking fee.

I’ll put it on the curb and make no payments as I don’t care about a blemish in my score. All of a sudden now they’ll take care of everything! It has taken over a week for them to schedule the pickup. I get the first bill and they overcharged my financing account by $1066. I had to open a dispute for the entire account. They are so shady. In the time I’ve been waiting I’ve had to use the machine in manual mode. Two weeks of use and a piece breaks off the arm. Probably because the machine is so flimsy it shakes a ton when you walk. If you’re considering this brand just run the other way. Hope I can help somebody not get into my situation!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

After extensive research on what treadmill to buy I finally made the decision to purchase the C900 from Nordic. What a mistake that was... After one week the belt shredded on the treadmill rendering it unusable. I reached out to customer service and they threw me around for months. Dodging my emails, my phone calls, giving me false information. I was fed up. Finally I decided to return everything and get a refund. Well, now they are doing the same. They told me a month ago they would be out to pick up the machine and return my money. Still have yet to hear anything from them so I reached out again and they said within 24-48 hours. Still NOTHING! I am so frustrated and want my money back. I originally purchased the machine in May 2018! How ridiculous...

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

A very great product, and a must have for noobs and experts. Everything it has, it provides lots of features. It's big so I don't trip on anything, has a place to hold my phone so I can watch videos for encouragement or track steps. Has a place to hold my water, can detect heartbeat levels, etc. It's really great and comfortable to use. Digital screen too. The only thing I can really dislike about this product is how loud it can be on faster speeds. I usually never had this problem with other treadmills, but this one appears to have this feature. Even so, everything else is pretty great. It's very easy to use. An easy start up button to start to allow you set your own pace or hills. You can also provide information of yourself like weight and preferred heart rate limit. The auto start button will take care of the rest.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

NordicTrack has great innovative features. Very respectable company as well. I have had no problems out of this treadmill. It looks and performs like one that is top of the line. From day one everything has worked just fine. I set up the treadmill with one of my friends. The directions were self-explanatory and we followed them precisely. It was not hard, though careful attention was necessary for the treadmill to be properly constructed.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

The process of setting the NordicTrack Treadmill up is simple and the instructions are easy to follow. After actually setting up the product, it takes no time to connect and use. I like the simplicity of this product. I don't have to press too many buttons and it's easy to turn on and get started on my routine. It's a very durable product that I know will last a long time. However, I think this treadmill's functions can be improved by being able to connect to my devices to it. I would prefer to listen to music while using this treadmill because music allows me to have a better and more effective workout.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

It's very modern and easy to use with the digital pad to adjust the settings. I also like it because it gives me something to do every morning. I can also set up my phone and use it in an effective way while using the treadmill and also track my heart rate and progress. It was easy to set up with the manual it came with. Anyone who is familiar with appliances and technology and a little engineering this would be super easy to learn in 15 minutes. However, I wish they found a way to make the machine voice enabled, or even more advanced, 6th sense or intuitional to automatically know what speed that body needs that steps on the scale.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The NordicTrack Treadmill is well made, looks good and works well. It can be adjusted easily and is fairly compact. I like its size, the number of features it offers and the way it tracks use. This treadmill is fairly easy to set up and it wears well. There are many adjustments that can be made for individual use and this is very much liked and needed. Both my husband and myself can use this machine. Though it could probably be quieter when using it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

It has customizable programs, comes with a chip for workouts, and shows heart rate and calories. When it's already plugged in, I just turn on a switch and use it. While it does what I want it to do, it is kind of old. It's also very big, heavy, and awkward to manage and fold up and it takes up a lot of room. I wish it was smaller and thinner.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

NordicTrack Treadmill gives me a great workout and I really enjoy it. I love the tv on the panel so many options. It has different places on the TV screen like to go to hills and mountains. I like the fact it slides under the bed. It fits right in. It's ok to use and set up. On the other hand, when something goes wrong with it it's really hard to repair but overall it does a great job. Well worth the money although it is expensive.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This treadmill was very easy to set up and use. I was worried it would take a lot of time but in reality it only took about an hour to set up. The directions were very self-explanatory, so with a little patience I got it done in no time! I love the speakers and the incline. I also love a good climb, so having a very steep incline is an incredibly welcome feature to me. If I could add onto this treadmill, I would add a built-in fan on the front to have on as I run. Overall, this is by far the absolute best piece of fitness equipment that I ever used in my home. If I were to purchase another piece of equipment, I would definitely go for NordicTrack again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

The NordicTrack Treadmill is easy to use and it's easy as 123 to set it up. It folds out and there you go! Then you can fold it up to put it away in the closet or in a hiding spot where nobody can see it! I like that is has different inclines and settings, it has great gauges to tell your time on your speed and the distance you have gone. It can be moved easily and it's an effective workout. I can work out with other people, improve your distance and performance daily. However, I would choose to change some of the settings and the shape of the track and the way it rises! Other than that it's a pretty good treadmill and workout!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I bought the NordicTrack 2450 treadmill in March 2018. Overall, I have been pretty happy with it, but there are three improvements that would make it an excellent treadmill. I have provided these suggestions, but whether they will ever be incorporated or not remains to be seen. (1) The unit probably works great if you have access to reliable, high-speed internet. The iFit sessions are very good but I am limited to reasonably poor AT&T DSL. If the internet hiccups at all, and that can be a very minor hiccup, the treadmill will not save any of the workout data. If it happens say 25 minutes into a run, you have one choice - start over with a complete loss of data. This should be a straightforward design improvement (I am an electrical engineer involved in some new product design). This should be a no brainer.

(2) The treadmill connects to the internet via wireless connection. There is no way to direct connect a CAT5 cable. This would eliminate the drops due to a wireless glitch. Again a no-brainer. (3) A non-technical issue is the metal screen covering the speakers. Poor choice of material - it RUSTS? The iFit workouts I do generate a lot of sweat. I never expected to see rust spots appearing. Even a plastic screen would be better. When everything is working right, it is a very good treadmill. Unfortunately, mine drops a couple of times a week. Fortunately, I also wear a cheap Fitbit to capture my data. Hope NordicTrack pays attention to the comments I sent them. I think I received a generic "Thanks for contacting us" message in response. Hope this helps someone.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We have owned a NordicTrack Treadmill for over 10 years and have only had to have it serviced one time. It has stood the test of time. It is easy to use because it is a very basic piece of equipment.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Setting up and operating the treadmill is simple. Even if I didn't know how to do it, employees in stores are really knowledgeable of the equipment. You can also call the company and ask for help or download a manual online. I like that I can charge and listen to my phone, as well as keeps track of my stats on it. It also looks good and durable for the work I put it through. And although it was awesome, I would like it not to automatically turn off. I alternate exercises between running and calisthenics and mine tends to turn off, losing track of my progress.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Setting up my machine is not too bad because I can flatten it and put it under my bed. But if it could be flatter than I would be much happier and I would love if I could slide it in the closet if it's a tiny area. I have mine in the corner in my basement but since the basement is tiny I tend to be exercising with lifting and setting up. The pre-workouts are very energizing and keeps you motivated to stay in your workout and the post helps to lessen the pain afterwards. I love how the machine adapts to the way a person ways of walking, the levels are good but can use a little more to keep the levels of difficulty up. I also love how the machine makes you feel like you are walking outside on different types of flooring and you can feel the resistance right up under your feet.

However I would make the levels a little more advanced for the people that like to do marathons. An easier for the beginners. I would change the screen size to be suitable for a slimmer fit machine and try to make it a little more portable for people to move around their homes. I would add different voice options for people to choose from and not have to keep a certain voice. It would be a lot like different voices in the gps and the voices would be from different countries. Different people have different ways of speaking and will clearly understand things the way that they speak in their native tongues. I would also add a button to push that would be the setup button and that would unfold it easily.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I love the NordicTrack treadmill brand. So far, it is very easy to set up. It is very comfortable. This track is built with technology, comfort and a great engineering. And the most thing I love is the convenience of this product. This treadmill has multi-window led display, calorie burn meter, custom weight loss center and auxiliary music port. It has NordicTrack iFit and also an integrated tablet holder, and two-amplified speakers digitally. I would never change any plans looking for another track because of the friendliness of the product.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

It is pretty easy to set up as well as navigate, set up took less than 1 hour, and after that it's pretty much self-explanatory. I have it used many times, set up a fan in front of me while I run so I keep cool. It helps in the summer when it's too hot outside to run during the day. It is simple and easy to use. It has easy button navigation, easy setting menu and navigation as well. I like that it has a heart rate monitor clip and you can plug in head phones. I like its incline and the side-rails are in the perfect position. But I don't like its bulky design. The screen is also outdated and I wish it was more interactive. The running pad is a little poor in quality and the shock-absorption on the treadmill could be better as it hurts my feet.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Setting up and operating the treadmill is very easy. I press two buttons and I'm ready to work out. It has many options to change speeds, incline and decline. I purchased it used but it is still fairly new. It also has a nice LCD screen that displays what I need to know. It would be nice if it had built in fans to cool me down. It would also be nice if it didnt consume so much power. I also find that the heartbeat monitor does not work correctly all the time. Still, I have used many other treadmills where you get lost trying to operate it. NordicTrack has always been my go to treadmill for ease of use. It's been a very good experience.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

The NordicTrack was easy to set up to me and the instructions were not hard to do. I had my parents help me put it together and it was up in less than 30 minutes. I got it from Walmart a few years ago. It has different speeds and the machine is easy to use. The speed functions on it are very helpful to me and been staying fit. It works wonderful. Also, the new model that came out is digital and more sleeker and it is just beautiful.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

The delivery guys did the setup in about 12 minutes. It looked pretty easy and operating is easy as well. It's pretty tall when you are standing on it so be sure the room you have chosen for the machine can accept it. This treadmill has several speeds and levels of incline, cup holder and a fan that keeps you from sweating too much. The preset workouts are pretty good. But the mat roller could be more cushioned and wider. And I would like too see all the categories all at once instead of having one at a time lit up speed, miles and calories.

NordicTrack Treadmills expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Known for their iconic skier machines, NordicTrack began manufacturing treadmills in the late 1990s. They have a variety of treadmills for consumer and commercial use, including their incline trainer, which has a 40 percent incline, and their treadmill desks, which allow users to work while burning calories and staying active.

• Wide variety: NordicTrack has treadmills for multiple uses and budgets, including incline trainers, C-series treadmills, commercial treadmills and desktop treadmills. Prices start at $799.

• iFit: iFit is NordicTrack’s smart fitness app that gives users access to a library of customized workouts, training routes, automatic tracking and more. It is available through a paid subscription, and up to three users can be added to one account at a time.

• Free shipping: All NordicTrack products ship to your home for free when you purchase them directly from the NordicTrack website.

• 30-day money back guarantee: Try your NordicTrack treadmill out at home for 30 days. If you aren’t fully satisfied, you can return it for a full refund.

• NordicTrack picks: NordicTrack’s website lists their best picks for each of their main categories of treadmills to help consumers figure out which one will work best for their needs.

• Best for: NordicTrack treadmills are best for walkers, joggers and runners.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

NordicTrack Treadmills Company Information