NordicTrack Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a NordicTrack treadmill Elite 3700 in November 2016. The motor burned out in March 2017, less than 90 days later. I also purchased a 5 year service contract through iCONN/NordicTrack. They told me the motor was not in stock and I would have to wait three to four weeks for a new motor. I called Sears to tell them I was not satisfied with the product or the service. I asked if I could return the product and was told it was over 30 days and I could not. I want anyone who is thinking of buying a high end product from Sears that their service contracts are worthless and their products are not quality.

They sent me a damaged treadmill. They also talked me into some stupid watch when I'm handicapped and some I fit told me to just cancel it and I get a better deal. It's been three months trying to get $80 credit. They do not respond to emails they do not respond to phone calls if you have any issues GOOD LUCK.The salesman lie. They all lie. I have never in 54 years dealt with a worst company then not. The salesman lie. They all lie. I have never in 54 years start with a worst company than NordicTrack.

I purchased a treadmill, elliptical, and recumbent bike. The first day the elliptical broke on the inside. I called customer service and they wanted me to take it apart and diagnose the problem. After 3 hours of trying to find the problem, I became frustrated and demanded to have a service rep come out. I was informed that the service rep could not come out until I have the parts. The only problem was customer service didn't know what the problem was either. They sent me around 5 parts and a service rep came out to fix. Not one of the parts they sent me were correct. We had to order the correct part which took another week and a half. The rep came back and repaired. Total time was over 30 days. Guess what can't return now.

In less than a week the elliptical started making a real loud noise while using. Same system and still down waiting on service rep. During this time the recumbent bike was incredibly hard to use on the lowest setting. When the rep came out on the first trip he stated it was the magnetic wheel on the inside so we had to order that part also. He did come out and fix and it is working. Totally absurd having to go through this with new equipment. I would like to say this was it but the treadmill fans will not shut off. Called customer service again and was notified that I would have to fix it myself. After yelling and screaming at this woman who is used to customers doing this cause it happens to all of us who wasted our money on this junk she notified me that the part is on back order and she didn't have a date when it would be coming in.

The CEO of this company should be removed as their policies are absurd the way customers have to jump through hoops to fix brand new equipment. The company wants to save money by not sending service reps to diagnose the equipment but would rather send needless parts out while the customer has to do the diagnostics. This is supposed to be their commercial line. Anybody after reading this still buys this junk gets what they deserve. I would imagine this saga will continue because of poor quality and terrible customer service policies. Thankfully I purchased the extended warranty, which I will probably have to use several times more.

I would like to review my machine but cannot since it has been 4.5 weeks since delivered and doesn't yet work. Everyone looking to buy direct from Norditrack, here is what to expect: Machine delivered 1 week later than promised. Easy to set up. Machine did not work. You have to fill out a form on-line to get support. Days later you receive an email with instructions to set up a phone appointment. (am I going crazy yet?) You finally call the support line and skirt past obvious menu options so you get to talk with someone.

Support person steps you through diagnostics. Says it is a new machine and needs updating and will send me a thumb drive to install. (seriously?) I wait 1 week, no thumb drive. I call support again. Guy has me fiddle with the system for 2 hours with no luck. Then decides it is most likely the console. Puts an order in for a new console. 1 week later no console.

E-chat with support. She tells me the console JUST left. They finally were restocked. (Yea right...) Sending it UPS ground. WHAT? Another week? I object, threaten return and she expedites it. Oh ok 3 business days. Once console arrives you have to call a 3rd party service person to come out to install. Another week? This is not a way to run a business. They contracted out every department. I don't even think a cohesive company exists. Manufacturing exists (kind of) but everything else is farmed out. NEVER BUY FROM NORDICTRACK!

I bought my first NordicTrack treadmill at Sears with the additional service plan. My walking belt broke within the first 5 minutes of use. NordicTrack was rude and offered absolutely no help when I called, stating they no longer made the belt and I should return the treadmill to Sears. I returned the treadmill to Sears and bought a newer and more expensive NordicTrack model (NordicTrack Treadmill T 6.7i), hoping that I would receive a better quality machine. NordicTrack is still the most recommended fitness brand at Sears. Within 3 days of using my (2nd) new treadmill, the motor began smoking and the machine cut off, refusing to turn back on again. Once again I called NordicTrack for the service plan. The NordicTrack representative stated they would send a replacement motor and provide instructions on how to install it. They refused to send a mechanic to my home until after I had attempted to replace the part myself.

I called the manager at Sears who expressed concern for the customer service I had received and told me they would personally send a repairman out with the part to fix themselves. Sears covered NordicTrack's **. The hundreds of dollars spent on my additional service plan was a complete waste. NordicTrack not only makes poor quality treadmills that break almost immediately, but they also have HORRIBLE customer service. The service plans that Sears sells with new NordicTrack equipment are plans with services provided by NordicTrack. NordicTrack has no interest in upholding their service contracts, only to scam their customers out of more money.

I will NEVER buy another NordicTrack piece of equipment, nor trust anyone that promotes their goods (Jillian Michaels). When faced with the option to buy a treadmill or gym membership, I recommend a gym membership because whether it is minutes, days, or weeks down the road, that expensive piece of equipment will break, and NordicTrack doesn't give a rat's ** about their customers once they have your money in their pocket.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Treadmills?

After receiving our new 1750 treadmill, we discovered the screen on the console kept blanking out in mid-workout. Very annoying so we called customer support and they sent out a new console. Problem solved; not quite! After several months with the new console installed, it suddenly began to emit black smoke and stunk up the room! We called customer support again and they're sending out another new console. The saga continues since it's past the 30 month trial window (they won't accept a return).

Being on extended warranty plan which I also happen to extend for another 4 yrs, I have been waiting over 2 wks to get some memory card replacement being shipped. On the day of the order I was told it should be dispatched in 3-5 days. A week later when I called they says it ships within 7-10 business days. Two weeks later I hear the same story while my order has not shipped yet still. How hard to ship a priority mail with small memory card in it? The NordicTrack operator says he send an email to shipping department to speed up the process but he has no ability to get any feedback from them on the reason why it has not shipped yet. I hear the same story I call them every time. In the meantime, I have not been exercising for 2 wks now which already takes a toll on my cardio deficiency caused by allergies, suppressed by regular training.

I give them one more star because they used to be good and ship parts within the time they promised but something happened and they just don't care anymore. I wish I never got into business with these guys who also happen to sell treadmills with some smartphone-like 3rd party Android software installed which disables the treadmill every-time it crashes. Where are those treadmills with simple green display that lasted forever? Now you have to hook up to internet, log in before training and listen to some nonsense from "artificial personal trainer" bot, instead of just enjoying the time when running. I will never ever buy anything from NordicTrack and will tell every friend to avoid it.

Purchased and paid in full for a Xi7 incline trainer late November 2016. Received treadmill and one week later incline stopped working. They shipped a part which arrived about 10 days later. Part did not fix machine. Called again and another part was mailed and another 10-14 days went by. We were excited, the part fixed the incline feature. Two workouts later the running band quit while running several times during workout. Had to reset and start timer and distance over again. The next time it quit completely. Can't use machine. I live in Montana and use a treadmill for winter running. I run long distance 4-5 times per week and have not been able to use this machine on a consistent basis and now it crapped out completely.

After calling customer service and being on hold for over an hour I got the runaround and was talked to as if I was stupid. I was expected to have the treadmill on its side and have the motor cover off. I am 120 pounds and this machine weighs twice that. I can't just lift this item!! I told the girl that I would call back when I would have help. Again on hold for more than an hour... now I think they monitor phone numbers, because we have tried all day to get through yet nobody answers. We will have to resort to legal action if we do not receive a full refund. I am sick and tired of dealing with their customer service department and have a $1700 machine that might as well be a clothes drying rack!!! We are so frustrated and will turn this company into the Better Business Bureau and will use legal action if it comes to that. Word of advice, do not buy from this company. You will regret it. Shame on you Jillian Michaels for advertising such junk.

I ordered a treadmill the week before Christmas. It took them 5 weeks to deliver it. The shipping carton had damage. The damage was reported to NordicTrack. I had also ordered their white glove setup. It took 4 more weeks for somebody to come out and try to set it up. When they opened the box, they found damage to the equipment. They were told by their dispatcher to not set it up. After sitting on hold for over 2 hours, I was told to scrap the machine. This is a 300 pound treadmill. I had to pay a guy to haul it away. NordicTrack said they would refund my money. It's now been 5 weeks since they told this to me and I still haven't received my money back. Really bad customer service. Really poor order handling. Stay clear of NordicTrack.

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with ordering something online. I initially ordered my machine on December 26, 2016. The first machine I received the console was cracked and I was told to dispose of the machine and they would order me a new one. It is now almost March and I still do not have my new machine. I keep getting the runaround every time I call them and their response is always "It's on back order etc." When I call I'm always on hold for at least an hour or a get switched around several times. I have dealt with so many rude people as well through their customer service hotline. I am baffled at the treatment I have been given and I WILL NEVER order anything through NordicTrack again. If you're thinking about purchasing a machine please take my advice and go to Academy or Dick'S Sporting Goods. This has literally been a nightmare and that's sad considering I spent $2,000 on my machine.

I like a mileage counter for the total miles of use on a machine. My current machine doesn't have that. The track is hard, I prefer a softer landing. I like a long running track, mine has it. I wish I had a video to plug in and do on machine virtual training.

I ordered at treadmill in December and purchased white glove delivery. I was contacted by a delivery company about a week later that just wanted to drop it off (not white glove delivery). I called NordicTrack and they said it went to the wrong delivery company and they would have to resend it to the white glove delivery service.

2 weeks later I get a call from the same delivery company that originally wanted to just drop the treadmill off. NordicTrack obviously made the exact same mistake and sent it to the wrong delivery company again! However when I called they denied any wrongdoing and said the treadmill was in the right place and I should be contacted soon...I wasn't. I called a week later and they said it was now at the right company and they didn't know why I hadn't heard anything. They gave me the number to call. The delivery company didn't have it.

A few weeks after that the delivery company finally called and I scheduled a delivery. Sat home all day and the delivery company never showed up. I really wish I had read these reviews before I ordered but they cannot get away with this!! They never respond to my emails or calls, but they do frequently email me trying to sell me add-ons. My next move is to dispute the charge on my credit card. I urge others to do the same since this company obviously has no interest in changing their ways.

I just want my treadmill to sync with the iFit program. I can't even ask the question. I have done live chat and directed to a phone number, called the number and was rejected because they don't have anything registered to my phone number. Okay... so I am going to call about some random piece of NordicTrack equipment and make crap up as I go to waste your time. Who cares if it is registered or not. It would probably take less than 2 minutes to let me know where the glitch is. NordicTrack get a grip!

I like the fact that this is a "treadmill" but the paddles move independently of each other. It feels more natural to me and a better workout. My one complaint is that it's so big and bulky - which basically equates to it being another piece of furniture. My style at home is eclectic but active is not a part of my decorating style so it has moved from room to room (no easy feat due to size) and has ultimately ended up in the basement where workouts are less enjoyable.

The product received was damaged when received. I was not sure until I set up the treadmill and had some time on it. I contacted NordicTrack and they sent a technician out very quickly but the technician was delayed due to a part them were sending that the service line thought I needed. The technician came and said the frame was cracked which was why. I couldn't properly assemble the treadmill and why it would not fold correctly. I called NordicTrack the same day. I told them I would not accept the current treadmill and that I would not take a repair of that size on a brand new treadmill. They would not reimburse me for my time and effort for installing the first one.

They wanted me to dispose of the old one and redo the 3 hours worth of work to move and assemble the treadmill. I said that wasn't acceptable so we landed on a refund. The refund was agreed to on January 20, 2017. Today is February 13, 2017 and the refund has still not been received. I called and got someone who was less than interested on the phone who said that I should give it to the end of the month. I immediately hung up the phone and called the credit card company and filed a dispute over the charge. Thankfully, the credit card department will assist in getting the situation settled. I can't find a complaint page for Vision Fitness. I had one of their treadmills for 20 years. That is my next stop.

My Commercial 1750 treadmill came unlubricated and with broken support beams in the box and they don't seem to care, told me to go pick up a lubricant kit and do it myself with a ** video. I did it and it's still not working, no weekend hours so now I have to wait. I see a lot of people are having this experience. Also their "30 day risk free trial" starts when you purchase and then it takes 2-3 weeks for delivery. Such a scam. Motorola just lost a class action law suit for poor customer service to the tune of 5 million. I'm pissed and want a new treadmill or my money back but they charge you all kind of fees and minimal support. Don't buy from this company.

First machine broke down 4 times before they replaced it. 2nd machine has broken down 3 times. Each time the belt slips. Company does not think it's a safety issue. I have requested that the machine be taken back and pulled out of the market but company is not interested. Not prepared to even refund me the money and take the machine back. Right now, machine is not working and sitting unused. Bad quality, safety hazard.

I waited 2 months, apparently their shipment company outsourced only delivers every few months in my area. Generally after 30 minutes calls to their support called "new orders" disconnects, last call they hung up when I asked to speak to a manager. They are rude, don't care about business to consumer interactions, only care about business to business. Avoid at all costs!!!

Ordered a Commercial 2450 treadmill over the weekend to discover they had put through 2 authorizations on my card. I didn't know until I tried making a purchase on the card and found it declined as Chase had put a block on it due to 2 large transactions for the same amount coming through. I called Chase and they removed the hold and told me to contact the merchant. This is where it became even more fun.

I waited on hold for an hour with NordicTrack and then decided to tweet them to see why they don't have people answering the phones. While the person handling their Twitter looked at my order, my call finally connected. The man on the phone couldn't work on my order as the other person was already in there and they told me that employee could resolve the problem. A few DM's later, and the employee using Twitter said I would have to call the 800 number to have anything done. I called back in and waited another hour, only to be told that it was a billing issue. Transfer to billing, and another hour wait. In the end, I cancelled. If this is any indication how they handle customer service, I don't want to see what happens if I need product support. Good products, poor customer service!

I ordered an elliptical machine, and waited three weeks for delivery. The unit was damaged upon arrival, so I refused delivery. After hours on hold, dealing with a "customer service" department that shunts you off to another department where they NEVER answer the phone, I finally made contact via their Facebook page. There I was informed that it would take up to FOUR WEEKS for my $999.00 to be refunded. I spent a thousand dollars, I received a broken machine, and they want to keep MY money for four weeks? Really? They told me this is how their system works, and "just the way it is." Well, "the way it is" amounts to the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered. Do NOT do business with these people.

NordicTrack has appalling customer service. I wish there was an authority I could report them to. I tried to purchase one online but could not get a clear answer on the sequence of events on when/how my machinery would arrive and who would set it up for me. I tried on-line chat a couple times but only made myself more frustrated. The reps are just plain stupid. I had questions and concerns about the large equipment being install in my very old house and implications on the electrical output etc. NO ONE could answer ANY of my questions.

I started to doubt that NordicTrack was a real site and I had just been duped out of tons of money. I used online chat to cancel my order, but it didn't happen. Called many times and stayed on hold 2 to 3 hours for each call. I would just put the phone on speaker and set it down for hours til I was either hung up on or someone finally answered. I finally got a rep to say she would cancel my order. Then I started getting calls from various freight carriers saying parts from NordicTrack were to be arriving. I had to explain each time that I am refusing the freight and to send it back.

The NT rep said it would take about 3 weeks to refund my money. I having my doubts that will happen and become very worried. So I still needed a treadmill. I went to Sears and got a lower priced one, and the sale, delivery, and setup went off without a hitch and I was delighted. WARNING DO NOT GET YOUR MACHINE FROM NORDICKTRACK ONLINE.

I ordered a treadmill on 11/19/2016. Several weeks went by when I called to check on my order. MDX, the shipping co stated that my order had been cancelled. I did not cancel my order. Since "chat conversations" are the only way to speak with anyone from Nordictrack I had a chat conversation and thought that the person I was chatting with "fixed" the issue. It is now January 5, 2017 and I still have not received my treadmill. I have "chatted" with Nordictrack at least 7 times. Each time they tell me that the shipping co has, or will be getting, my shipment at anytime and I should be getting called. MDX customer service is just as bad. I waited on hold multiple times for over 40 minutes, with no one ever answering the phone.

Finally I emailed them, and several days later I get a message that my order was cancelled on 11/30/2016, and that a new order is not in their system for me. Nordictrack will not answer my calls. They will not respond to my emails for a refund, and now I have had to file dispute with my credit card! This has been a nightmare of an experience, just to order their product! BEWARE!!! Customer service with Nordictrack is the very worst I have EVER been in contact with, or I should say unable to get into contact with.

I had previously owned a NordicTrack Treadmill (1992). Lasted until sold in June 2016, it needed calibration; we purchased a ProForm which is make by this company, it was noisy. Called for tech support, appears the customer is the repair department. They sent out a front roller, took me an hour to replace it. Also had a problem with belt staying centered. After several attempts to adjust belt, still would not remain centered. Returned to the company that sent it.

We went to Sears and purchased what we thought was a better unit, model C-970, also was noisy. Bought in home service, called for repair. The same guy talked with me, wanted me once again to try adjustments, no help. Attempted to get Sears to pick it up, they refused. Took it apart yesterday on my 70th birthday and returned it for a full refund. Since NordicTrack stopped making their equipment in the USA, NOW MADE IN CHINA the quality has gone downhill and reviews are very poor this company. Buy made in America exercise equipment.

I should have read the reviews before bought my Treadmill with NordicTrack. I spent almost $2k to have the treadmill packed in my garage for 8 days just because I'm waiting a call from them in order to have a scheduled day to someone come and assembly the treadmill. Since the day it was delivered I'm calling everyday and always the same answer. "I'm sorry, I'm more than happy to help you and will send the notification for the company. ASAP you will receive a call from them". Then I complain and they say there's nothing they can do. What kind of company am I dealing with? This is totally disrespectful to the consumer.

I bought the NordicTrack Commercial 1750 on Black Friday. I requested to have the home installation for over one week. I called every day and they promise someone will contact me but no response. They also charged me wrong amount. Horrible empty promises. So far the package still sitting in my garage.

I purchased the latest version of inclined treadmill, and I tried to cancel the order before the delivery. They charge 10% of the product value plus shipping as "cancellation fees ", total $436.00. 30 days money back guarantee is a lie!

I purchased a Commercial 2450 Treadmill, extended warranty, IFIT, and white glove delivery. I took a day off to receive the treadmill, moved all of the furniture, and moved the old treadmill out of the room, only to have to put it all back, because the delivery company they use failed to bring enough people to make the delivery. I rescheduled for the following week, but this time, they simply failed to show up. I spoke with NordicTrack customer service on both occasions and they either apologized or promised me they would fix everything and I would get my treadmill.

After waiting 4 hours, then an additional 4 hours, I decided to cancel the order. I could only imagine how great the service would be down the road if I had the treadmill and there was a problem. At any rate, I asked to be compensated for the second day I had to take off work, but I was denied by two different customer service agents. I paid for a product and realized that I would need to take a day off to accept delivery. But not sure why I would have to take a second day, at my expense, to receive a delivery I did not get. So, I was refunded the cost of the treadmill, but not the additional time I had to use.

NT Commercial 1750 x 8 months. $1500. I had to assemble it with excellent written instructions. Exercise daily for 45 min at 3 mph. Loud clicking noises. Pleasant Customer Service listened over phone & diagnosed ball bearings out in drive motor. Immediately sent me a new drive motor with generic (not specific to my model) treadmill video on how to install drive motor. No cost to me. Took me 4 hours with lifting help by my husband. Works like new. Was surprised that

1. Motor's ball bearings failed so quickly. 2. I had to do the repair myself. Customer Service was pleasant & responsive. Did do the phone survey after call. I want potential NordicTrack customers to know that equipment is warrantied but you may have to do repairs yourself.

Purchased treadmill on April 8, 2016. While assembling the unit the pulse crossbar broke. I immediately called NordicTrack and ordered a new part. He told me they were back ordered and it might be a couple weeks for shipment. I waited a couple weeks and called again and the part was still back ordered. I waited another week and called again and the part was still back ordered. On 5/2/16 my husband and I both spoke to customer service and were told that the shipment was expected within about three business days and we should have it in about 7 or 8 business days. We received an email confirming that information. When I checked the part status online on 5/4/16 the status had changed to shipped. A phone call to the NordicTrack automated system confirmed that it had shipped on 5/3/16.

On 5/10/16 I called NordicTrack and asked for a tracking number so I could follow the progress of this part. The representative said she would email it to me. I received the e-mail on 5/11/16 but UPS does not recognize that number. I called on 5/12/16 and the representative agreed the tracking number was not accurate but shipping time is 7 to 10 business days. He said the parts manager was gone for the day and I should call the next morning. I called the morning of 5/13/16 and asked for a supervisor. Supervisor was not available so that representative said she could help me. After giving her the whole story she also said it is 7 to 10 business days for shipping. 5/16/16 is day 10. The mail has arrived and there is still no part. Called again at 4:35 and asked to speak with a supervisor.

The representative said that there was only one supervisor there and that supervisor was busy with other customers and that they would be closing in one minute (4:36?). My husband encouraged me to not hang up until I got to talk to a supervisor and the representative kept saying that wasn't possible. My husband took the phone from me and spent at least 10 minutes trying to convince him that he should let him speak with a supervisor. After this the representative again said they were closing in one minute. The conversation got heated and eventually the representative hung up. I then went to Facebook and sent a message.

5/17/16: I received a message from NordicTrack via Facebook that a representative was looking into the issue. After several messages back and forth the representative advised me that the part was sent to the wrong address. During this whole unfortunate saga no address but the correct one has ever been used and the address is correct on the original order.

5/18/16: The representative advised me through Facebook that the part has been reordered. Part finally received within two days of shipping. I have used the treadmill for a month and so far am happy with the unit. After all the bad reviews I have heard about NordicTrack's honoring of the extended warranty, I fear at some point I will have the misfortune of talking to customer service again. I do not look forward to that.

We purchased a treadmill and had issues with it (as well as 2 replacements of the computer board) for a full year. NordicTrack would NOT offer a refund no matter what. It was only when the Treadmill Doctor contacted the company on our behalf that NordicTrack sent an elliptical (which we didn't want, but we were done with trying their treadmills). THEN, they wouldn't honor the 5-year extended warranty we had purchased for the treadmill. They failed to tell us this, and so we only found out when we tried to use it. They refunded us $12 which was a slap in the face. The delivery people said we should have gotten a Sole when they brought our first machine. They were right. BUY A SOLE.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Known for their iconic skier machines, NordicTrack began manufacturing treadmills in the late 1990s. They have a variety of treadmills for consumer and commercial use, including their incline trainer, which has a 40 percent incline, and their treadmill desks, which allow users to work while burning calories and staying active.

• Wide variety: NordicTrack has treadmills for multiple uses and budgets, including incline trainers, C-series treadmills, commercial treadmills and desktop treadmills. Prices start at $799.
  • iFit: iFit is NordicTrack’s smart fitness app that gives users access to a library of customized workouts, training routes, automatic tracking and more. It is available through a paid subscription, and up to three users can be added to one account at a time.
  • Free shipping: All NordicTrack products ship to your home for free when you purchase them directly from the NordicTrack website.
  • 30-day money back guarantee: Try your NordicTrack treadmill out at home for 30 days. If you aren’t fully satisfied, you can return it for a full refund.
  • NordicTrack picks: NordicTrack’s website lists their best picks for each of their main categories of treadmills to help consumers figure out which one will work best for their needs.
  • Best for NordicTrack treadmills are best for walkers, joggers and runners.

Compare Treadmills