NordicTrack Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We bought a NordicTrack treadmill about six months ago, and after one month, it wouldn't calibrate correctly. We had a service technician come, he performed several tests to diagnose the problem, and ordered the wrong part. He came back, decided that the entire console needed to be replaced, ordered it, and the console arrived at our home. He assured us that he would return to install it when the part arrived. When we tried to set up the appointment, we were told that no one would be coming, that we needed to install it ourselves. We called again and again to see if someone would come, but no, NordicTrack would not stand behind the service of this treadmill. We will probably install it ourselves, but if something goes wrong in the installation, Nordic Track could easily say it was our fault and not cover it. I am not impressed with this terrible customer service.

I love my NordicTrack treadmill. It is inclined, easy to use, easy to understand and has Bluetooth capability. The enhanced features provide fast learning of the machine. All of the features are incredible and vastly different than any other treadmill on the market. This is an easy way for me to get in my daily workout. This is definitely a top of the market machine. I vastly enjoy everything about this machine and I doubt I would ever own anything else.

NordicTrack is expensive, but worthwhile. When the treadmill was delivered, it was also setup for me. Using it during the week was extremely easy. Buttons are clearly defined, and the instructions are clear to understand. I also enjoyed the ease of setting up goals and the screen clearly showing what I have accomplished. This treadmill has really helped me in meeting some of my fitness goals. The only thing I really dislike is how difficult it is to move the treadmill to a new location in my house. It’s bulky and heavy.

NordicTrack is extremely easy to use to run but of course, it's too heavy to easily move it around, but once it's set up it's no problem. Although the menu is a little clunky, it still gets the job done adequately. However, I would prefer larger, simpler to use buttons and they're too difficult to feel (flat) and the menus are not streamlined. I also dislike the fact that there are ads on the welcome menu, and the brightness of the LCD screen can be irritating in a dim room. But its automatic incline adjustment works great even when you're already running, and the ability to pre-program specific workouts beforehand and also the automatic lock is a good feature.

We received treadmill (model# NTL14116) that we could not assemble due to what we suspected to be defective part(s). Rather than going through customer service hoops determining which parts were actually defective (they requested photos from various angles), we decided to just pay $169 plus tax to have someone come out and determine a problem, if any, and assemble if possible.

Per the technician welding was done incorrectly, which was why we could not assemble in the first place, and also the console was broken. Replacements parts were ordered but here's the problem. There is no ETA, and God knows how long it will take. Also when I spoke to a customer service rep that tried to shift the blame on us, until of course I e-mailed a document from their own technician confirming that we are NOT the problem. We purchased the treadmill on 4/6/17, and it's 5/31/17 now still with no ETA. Yes I'm not going to buy from NordicTrack again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Treadmills?

I like the fact that my NordicTrack Treadmill has a Plug for headphones, spot to stand up phone. It also has drink holder on the dock of the treadmill and it also has several different levels of elevation or resistance I can choose for level of difficulty. It was actually quite simple to set up. Just unfold once, but the guys from the store we retrieved it at were nice enough to help us set it up the very next day we got the treadmill. Be able to listen to music with my phone instead of just with headphones and also a fan could be something neat for the times I spend more than 30 minutes on the treadmill.

NordicTrack is very nice. It has a lot of features. It can track me and I can count my steps. Setup is easy and everyone can use it. You just get on it and go. It can go fast, slow or medium. I have a need for speed and I want to go fast but it goes too slow.

The process of setting up my treadmill was incredibly easy because the company sent someone out when it was delivered to set it up for me. During my first use, it took me a while to get comfortable with the settings. The features that I like the most about my NordicTrack is the ability to incline and decline. I also like that the display monitor shows me the amount of calories I burn during any given session and the distance I've covered. If I can improve my treadmill, it would by including more current technology available in the monitor and I would like to receive more feedback and information about my workouts.

NordicTrack is incredibly easy to use. It comes with very clear instructions that are really useful. I loveee it. Also, there are many useful settings on it. Super great and it and can challenge you in many ways. The speed limit is just perfect for anyone at any fitness level. However, with this treadmill it doesn't track your calories completely accurately. The calories are way high when they shouldn't be.

The price is high and I had to pay for NordicTrack in payments. However, it is well built, supports heavy weight and has plenty of speeds to use. The track won't come off the belt. Also, the treadmill folds up nicely for storage, has great heart rate monitor on it and digital readout helps you keep track of calories burned and miles ran. And it is very easy to use. Just like one in the gym. Self explanatory with the buttons and has a great instruction manual. Assembly was easy and it's really a great treadmill.

NordicTrack is easy to set up. It folds up with only a pin to hold it together very well. It opens by releasing the pin and slowly lowers into place. Plus, it is sturdy, and has different programs that can be challenging based on fitness level or time allotted. Love the different incline styles and ways to track progress. However, the digital numbers are hard to see unless the lighting is bright. It would be nice to have a night feature where it lights up.

It is very easy to start the treadmill. Plus I like that NordicTrack has a screen on it so you can "travel" to different places and have other scenery but I would maybe add more landscapes to the screen like put the streets of Paris as an option to run through, complete with the Eiffel Tower and everything. Also I like that the floor is cushioned so when you're running there's not too much shock on your feet.

The process of setting up and putting away my treadmill is very easy to do and very easy to use. I can slide it in and out of the corner each time which is very great for me. I like that I can fold it up when not in use and quiet while using it. I also like the speed choice functions and it has a lot of choices on what to monitor like distance and calories burned as well as the time it's taking you for each mile. I like everything about the treadmill but it's a little heavy.

NordicTrack is durable and works consistently well. I use it almost everyday (though for different amounts of time) and it has held up well. I live in the Northeast USA where the weather is cold, snowy, etc. for a significant part of the year. I love to take brisk walks but this weather often prevents it but the NordicTrack allows me to do it anytime I want which is a huge plus. However, it is very big and heavy and I would prefer a smaller, lighter version. It takes up a significant portion of our family room that we would really like to use for other things. Setting it up was too hard for me. I paid extra to have someone set it up and show me up to operate. I am not mechanically inclined at all and needed the help. I had not problem paying the extra money and after watching him do it am very glad I did.

The NordicTrack treadmill is one of the easiest machines I have ever used. I keep mine in a spare room so it's always ready to go, but the initial set up was very easy. I also love that I can set it to whatever I want for as long as I want, that I can make it incline/decline so smoothly, and that it uses very little energy. The model I have is set up perfectly for everything I want. There's not a single thing that I would change about it.

Best thing I ever bought: My Nordic Track treadmill was very easy to set up and is also very easy to use. It did take me a little bit of time to get used to the different settings but now I have no trouble at all with it. The only thing I'd change is maybe have more settings on it and have it setup to a projector screen to make it like I'm out running on the beach or the woods, etc. But I love the way it makes me feel after my jogs and that I don't have to go outside in the cold to get my exercise in. I love everything about it.

I like ability to electronically incline the NordicTrack treadmill. The user interface was very intuitive and the screen was large. I have had treadmills in the past where the on/off switch was on the bottom which made little sense. My current treadmill also has the ability to connect with mobile devices for entertainment. The price is pretty astronomical and I am surprised that it's still difficult to find a treadmill under $500. My other complaint was that it took a significant time to assemble... a couple of hours. I tried to do it myself. But being a petite woman, it was extremely difficult for me to do. However, it's a space saver model which allows me to fold up and store which has been very useful.

The NordicTrack is efficient, easy to use and set up, easy to clean and store away. It wipes down clean with a damp rag, takes up very little space and folds away to be put out of sight. Learning the controls and programmed workouts takes a minute to remember but it's very easy to understand how they work. The programmed workouts were easy to follow while still being effective but I like if you can adjust them and have ways to program your own course of workout plan. They should also allow ways to set up music to stream through built in speakers. I would recommend it to friends and family, as well as purchase other equipment from this company.

I like everything about this NordicTrack machine. I like the different inclines that are associated with the actual environment the incline would be in and the different fitness programs that are programmed into the machine. However, one thing I dislike about it is its appearance. I wish it were available in different colors and the speakers were louder. Other than that, it's very easy to set up and operate. My husband did the original set up and he didn't complain of any issues then either. Overall, I have been pleased with the purchase. I don't really put it away and I take it out daily. It stays set up in my exercise room.

NordicTrack Treadmill was very easy and effortless to set up. I had no issues getting it up and running. I thought it would be harder to do but even a child could do it. I was blown away by how simple it was. It is compact, easy to store and make it more compatible with my smart devices. Lightweight compared to other models and brands at the same price point. The color matches too and smaller than most others. Fits in my garage nicely and leaves lots of room. However, I would like it to have updated monitors so I can gauge heart rate more effectively. Updated ways of tracking distant and speed would be nice as well, something flashy and more digital. Also, a memory function to save more stats work better with my smart devices. But I like the way it feels when I’m using it. Doesn’t hurt my feet and doesn't let me slip.

NordicTrack Treadmills was Easy to set up and use. And the button on the screen make it even easier. Plug it in and you're all set to go. I wish I could exercise more, that the machine weighed less and it would slow down or speed up quicker. If it was easier to store somewhere and to move I could put it outside and then run. But I like that I can walk or Running at any pace I desire. There's multiple levels that I can use with different intervals of speed. Also, I can run at an incline or declined way for more ways to walk or run.

Nordictrack is very small, lightweight, and easy to move around into different areas of my house, saves time and space when deciding to rearrange things. It's also very brand worthy. It is very easy to set up and the ease of use is very accommodating. The design is also very well suited to individual needs, such as when I have guests who want to use it. However, there are a few minor adjustments that could be made to the design of the actual Walker part and sometimes it seems to speed up or speed down when I haven't made any adjustments to the speed settings.

This is the best treadmill I have ever owned. It has 7th smart HD touchscreen. It is an immersive perspective made to have a smoother ride so if I want to go slow but long time I can and it will just keep going with no problem. It's perfect to train for a marathon on it. I use it 6 days a week and I don't have to worry about it. It is gonna last a really long time. It was also easy setting it up and anybody can do it. It was hard to learn all the settings but then when you learned them it was really easy to keep track of them.

I've had NordicTrack for over a year and it still runs great. It wasn't too expensive. It wasn't difficult at all to set up, found a manual online. Although it fits in my living room it is still quite bulky. Using the treadmill isn't difficult at all, I get on and push a button. It's self explanatory, very convenient. It has a digital screen. I would improve the options on the screen though. Can't complain too much due to the one that I chose to buy but some more features would be good.

This brand makes some wonderful equipment. When I got this brand's equipment, I found it was very easy to put together. In other equipment I have had such trouble putting them together but for this it was really easy. The treadmill makes me feel like I'm really getting a good work out but not totally wearing myself completely out. Also they are built very durable and can stand a lot of use and they feel really comfortable when I use them. I have always loved this brand and I am so happy with it and that I finally have some in my own home. I will definitely be recommending to all my family and friends.

The product is really old so it has like five buttons. I don't even know what some of them do. There is an on/off switch, speed up and down and incline adjuster. It's a pain in the butt to set up. It required allen wrenches and a screwdriver to assemble. But it's stationary so I don't ever disassemble it. It's like furniture you can't really fold it up or put it away anywhere. So it takes up a lot of space. It could also be quieter. It sounds like a jet engine starting and it squeaks like crazy no matter how much I oil it. Plus, the belt that runs on it is terribly uncomfortable, really hard plastic with big rivulets in it like an escalator. They're really hard on my feet. But use is pretty cut and dried, flick the switch and pick your speed and incline. Off you go.

I love the feel of the machine. It looks stylish and seems to have a no-slip grip. I like that I can go my own pace, not to overwork myself and that I can see how many calories I'm burning. It really keeps me motivated. I can also share the experience of using the treadmill with friends. The process of operating the treadmill is to carefully step up on the treadmill, turn it on, and select the desired speed. However, I would make the treadmill safer when turning off the machine or getting off of it.

When I first received the treadmill, I was very intimidated and thought it was very difficult to get used to but not too difficult to set up once you get used to it. I really liked the all digital screen, the adjustable uphill settings and lots of different settings though it was very intimidating at first. My first thought was that the entire machine was super bulky, very hard to move and takes up a lot of space but it is very durable. I had an older version and I have noticed that the newer models are much more improved.

The NordicTrack treadmill is interactive, has a 7-inch screen with HD quality and gives you motivation to exercise. It feels peaceful and nice to exercise without feeling bummed. The technology is a little advance but easy to understand. It is easy to use and makes you feel comfortable while exercising. However, the price is really expensive and I had to buy a used one from a website. The size is also big which takes up room.

NordicTrack is a pretty good treadmill. I've owned it for a few years now and have never had any issues with it. I try to use it on a daily basis and it seems to stand up to the abuse. Numerous other people in my household use it and everyone seems to like using it. I also like that the model I own reads my heart rate and keeps logs of it for further reference. I like how sturdy the machine is too. The treadmill was extremely easy to set up and use as well. All you really have to do is fold the running surface down and plug it in. Then it's just a matter of turning it on and hooking up the heart rate monitor. However, I don't like how hard the machine is to clean and how dirty it gets so fast.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Known for their iconic skier machines, NordicTrack began manufacturing treadmills in the late 1990s. They have a variety of treadmills for consumer and commercial use, including their incline trainer, which has a 40 percent incline, and their treadmill desks, which allow users to work while burning calories and staying active.

• Wide variety: NordicTrack has treadmills for multiple uses and budgets, including incline trainers, C-series treadmills, commercial treadmills and desktop treadmills. Prices start at $799.
  • iFit: iFit is NordicTrack’s smart fitness app that gives users access to a library of customized workouts, training routes, automatic tracking and more. It is available through a paid subscription, and up to three users can be added to one account at a time.
  • Free shipping: All NordicTrack products ship to your home for free when you purchase them directly from the NordicTrack website.
  • 30-day money back guarantee: Try your NordicTrack treadmill out at home for 30 days. If you aren’t fully satisfied, you can return it for a full refund.
  • NordicTrack picks: NordicTrack’s website lists their best picks for each of their main categories of treadmills to help consumers figure out which one will work best for their needs.
  • Best for NordicTrack treadmills are best for walkers, joggers and runners.

Compare Treadmills