3.40/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

387 NordicTrack Treadmills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Purchased a barely used 2950 from owner who said unit was slightly damaged during delivery. Unit would not boot up and owner not able to deal with technical issues of hi-tech unit. I was advised to contact ICON support. Where they diagnosed the unit and determined I needed to purchase a flash drive (total cost +$100) to reprogram unit. Upon following the instructions accompanying the flash drive, the unit still failed to boot up. I contacted Icon again and was told, with very limited troubleshooting, that the unit needed a replacement console, replacement cost of +$4000 for a machine retailing at $2700. Customer service rep failed to provide additional, more appropriate, replacement/repair options. Don't use any product from ICON, including NordicTrack.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was comparing treadmills online when I came upon the Nordictrack Treadmill Desk Platinum. My wife and I decided to purchase it online on 10/5 in the evening but within 30 minutes had a change of heart. I tried to call their customer service number immediately but was told to call back during their business hours in an automated message. I called the next day, 10/6 and placed a cancellation request with someone on the phone. They stated they were working on it after trying to convince me not to cancel. On 10/9 I received an email from them stating that the product was on its way.

I called again and was told the item was already on the truck and they couldn't cancel it. Now they are charging me $369 dollars for a product I never received for their shipping fees and a 10% restocking fee! Ridiculous! BUYER BEWARE! I would recommend highly that you consider buying from a local vendor instead. To top it off they make it almost impossible to get a hold of a human being to deal with your concerns and issues. "NordicTrack Financing" is just as useless and claim no relation to NordicTrack, stating they are just the financing company and should deal with my concerns by calling NordicTrack. This is the worst experience shopping period I have ever had.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Bought it (NordicTrack Commercial 1750) and extended service plan in 2014. It had loud noises since the first time I used it. A couple of months later technician changed one part, the noise got a little quieter but still there. Then the noise got louder and louder. Each time I called the customer service sent a part and technician. But problem keeps on popping up. I had 4 services from Technicians, the most recent one was 10 days ago. He figured out the root cause of all problems was the bent frame. He left it in an unusable state.

I called the customer service 6 times since the last service. Each time I was told that the customer service rep I had talked to prior had not done anything, and this time my case would be sent to PR department and I would be contacted soon. But no one contacted me, and I am SO fed up with them. I paid for a good treadmill and received a defective one, and their customer service is so horrible and deceiving. They do not let you talk to a manager, and they said you cannot talk to anyone in PR department either. I told the service rep that I will write review and was told that "I do not care". Would you buy anything from this company? Think twice.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Here goes nothing, if not to help others to NOT go anywhere around this brand. I bought a recumbent bike and was given a lemon, after fighting for at least a year I guess you can say I won this battle, I was sent a new bike. Round 2 with this company is ongoing as we speak. My daughters bought me a new treadmill after my return from Iraq on deployment. When I saw it was a Nordic Track I almost cried knowing how much they paid for it.

This was in April. Here I sit mad as hell from fighting this company over a "dead" yes, non working high dollar treadmill. I was sent 2 motor controller, AC, Lift, Push, Wire Harness, Belt V6 STD, Motor resist box, to fix the issue (the monitor is dead), this did not work. I was sent a relay switch or something to that effect, did not work. Another box of parts, still does not work. I am getting dizzy from the runaround. I just received yet another email asking me if the problem only occurs when the machine is inclined! WHAT are they reading, the machine is NOT working, it is like a throwback to the day when the treadmill had no motor or incline.

The machine is under warranty, I had the "white glove" setup (HAD NO CLUE), and NordicTrack/Icon Fitness tells me to diagnose the problem by taking the machine apart and let them know exactly what it's doing. How is it, the consumer has no help in getting these people to reimburse our monies. I am sick knowing how many people are getting the raw end of the deal. Something needs to be done.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I used a NordicTrack treadmill for 15 years with no problems. My old treadmill went out last July, so, no question about it, I wanted another NordicTrack. That was a mistake. I purchased a treadmill from Sears on July 17th. On August 17th, I was walking on it, and the belt started slipping. The next time I tried to turn the treadmill on, it wouldn't run at all. I call NordicTrack. They start sending me instruction on how I can fix my treadmill. They finally determined, over the phone, that the motor needed to be replaced. They told me that they would send me a new motor, with instructions on how to install it. I didn't sign up to be a NordicTrack repairman. Their customer service department is awful. Probably headed to a small claims lawsuit if Sears won't refund my money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Treadmills?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

What a piece of junk. I cant use this thing when I am at this property because it's always broke. It's the computer in it that is junk and customer service is a joke. Commercial 1750. I probably don't have 50 hrs on it and it started acting up about 10 hrs ago. Don't waste 2 grand on one of these turds.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchased the NordicTrack 2950 three months ago. I included in home assembly in my purchase. The technicians came to my home and put the machine together, but did not check to see if it worked correctly. It did not work when I turned it on and 3 months later I am still waiting for the problem to be corrected. I have repeatedly been given misinformation about when a replacement part would be sent or a technician would call to schedule an appointment to install the replacement part. First they said they would send a thumb drive for me to reprogram the console. When it did not come after a couple of weeks, I called back and was told the thumb drive had not been ordered. After the thumb drive arrived and it did not solve the problem, they said they would send a new console within three to five business days.

When it did not arrive, I was then told the consoles were out of stock and they had to manufacture one. When the console finally arrived I was told I would get a call within 48 hours from a technician to schedule a time to install the new console. When I did not receive a call, I was then told it would take 3-5 business days for someone to even call me to set up an appointment for the technician to install the console. This has been an extremely frustrating process. I have been making payments on a machine that I have not been able to use. I would not suggest buying a NordicTrack. I would suggest buying from a company that provides adequate customer service.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I'll be completely honest with everyone here, my husband purchased a NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill at the beginning of June as an anniversary gift after I've struggled with weight loss from having my first precious baby. #momlife We were so excited to receive it but once we put it together the nightmare started... The counsel didn't work. I called customer service and they told me it's just a wiring harness commonly damaged in transportation. I was okay with that because I understand these things can happen. Fast forward 2 weeks later the part finally comes in. I spend 2 hours with my husband installing it and it still does not work. I call customer service back and after another 45 minutes on hold, I finally get a hold of someone and explain again that the tv component works before it's screwed in but doesn't when it is. I explain to the rep that there is a ground cable (soldered in) that is split and broken rendering the counsel useless.

I know this because we took the entire thing apart to find the issue. I'm told, "no problem, we will ship you a new one." It's going to take 2 weeks to get it in stock then 7-10 day to ship. After waiting another 30 days since my last call I tried today to follow up with their customer service department to find out the status of the replacement counsel. I was hung up on 3 times after a 30+ minute wait and they have no record of my phone number. I tried calling back a 4th time and they were closed. I'm not asking for a refund I just want my $3,500 machine to work, especially since we've had it for 60 days and I've not seen the belt move since we've owned it. I hope a rep for the company gets in touch with me and fixes this. A reputable company should stand behind their product, not charge a high cost and screw the consumer! Don't let my husband escalate this!

Original review: July 26, 2017

Nordic track 1750 ifit - DON'T BUY! 1 Month to deliver. When it arrived, online registration given by Nordic track failed. (no features available without registration) 5 attempts to call iFit, and NordicTrack. After massive phone tree, all calls went to hold. Calls varied between 5-20 minutes, then the system hung up. Total wasted time more than 3 hours between online useless assistance, and dead phone assistance service. In the end it is a $1700 no feature treadmill, that is billing $30/mo for that iFit service that can't be used or discontinued.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I ordered the Commercial 1750 treadmill and it almost immediately broke. Over the next 6 months they sent me a total of 4 treadmills to replace the previous one. Each one broke within weeks with less than 250 miles on it. The last one they actually told me to just keep. I ended up just giving it away to someone in the area who said he was going to try to get it to work or use for parts. I will not even get into the customer service of the company and the fact that they expect you to do all the repairs when they send you the parts two weeks down the road. Horrible experience. I guess all of the complaints, lawsuits and terrible reviews all over the Internet is warranted and completely deserved. They should be put out of business because of the plight they are on the consumer.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I WAS GIFTED TO PURCHASED AT SEARS STORE, A NORDIC TRACK C950i in November 2016. I began using it in Feb. 2017. It started shutting down randomly after approximately 3 uses. I would reset it and all would be fine for a few uses. Then about April it started running too fast at the speed I had set. It would just begin moving faster and faster for no reason. I felt it was extremely dangerous. I again would shut it down and reset. It would begin to work fine.

However it continued to shut down randomly. So, in June it started making an odd noise when in use. I tried to reach Nordic Track several times with NO RESPONSE. I TRIED THEIR CHAT. NO ONE THERE. I went to Sears and they tried to reach them as well! They were hung up on by customer service line too! I love my treadmill (when it works). By the end of June, I tried to get on it and it began to smell of burning wires and ceased permanently to work at all!!! I only want a new one or one that works. Very poor service of any kind! Would never recommend this product for that reason.

Original review: July 11, 2017

NordicTrack x7i incline trainer - Received my incline machine in November 2016. Have already had multiple issues. First issue with this company is when you call them you will be on hold for at least 15 minutes!!!! First mechanical issue was in March 2017. I called customer care. After waiting on hold for more than 20 minutes I explained the problem I was having with the machine. We went over a couple of simple troubleshooting suggestions. After about 15 minutes she couldn't help. They put me on with another service agent. She said the problem was the console. She said they would send me out a new console and that it was an EASY fix. She said it was like 4 to 5 screws and that was it. When the console arrived it came with NO instructions.

I got my user's manual and tried it myself. I then realized it was about 40 or more screws. Plus all the wiring. And I'm not a technician. I called NordicTrack back and asked how much it would cost for a service tech to come out. The price was $172 including tax. NordicTrack would not cover the expense for the tech to come out. I had to pay it. When the tech came to my house without even looking at machine he told me the problem is not the console. He couldn't believe they told me that was the problem. He told me what the problem was the elevation motor. He went ahead and replaced the console anyways.

When NordicTrack finally sent the right parts they told me they would reimburse my $172 for the service tech since the problem was not the console. The customer service agent for NordicTrack said it would take 2 to 4 days to receive my reimbursement on my credit card. Now two weeks later they decided against reimbursing me. Nothing but LIES from the customer service!!! So before you go to buy a machine from NordicTrack be prepared for HORRIBLE customer service!!!! And a machine that that is JUNK!!!! So if you are interested in this machine I will sell you mine for $172. All I want is $172 back.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I took delivery and set up about 3 weeks ago and the equipment keeps producing an error message. I followed the instructions and I continue to get the error. I contacted customer service by phone and the recording said I had to register my equipment before they would help me. This is frustrating because I purchased the treadmill directly from them online so they had all of the information. I went on their registration page, but was unable to submit the form because it did not accept the serial number so I emailed customer service and they said they could assist me in registering the product. I supplied all of the information but I have not heard back from them since. I have emailed several times.

This is a brand new piece equipment that I cannot even speak to a person about. They say that public employees should treat their customers like the private sector does. I am the Mayor of Naperville, Illinois and I can say with a good deal of confidence that if the city's employees gave this kind of service to our residents, I would be voted out of office. Very poor experience. I do not recommend this product or this company.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I bought a treadmill 3 months ago (floor model, dumb) Model 24934.0. It has NEVER worked (400.00 sales price, 500.00 warranty, 120.00 iFit app). The screen looped and looped. I figured out how to temp fix this with a YouTube video. 5 mins later, I got a message that the SD card was defective. After some time, I figured out how to contact ICON. They told me that I needed a new MINI SD and would send it to me. I got it, had to figure out how to install (another YouTube video) but NADA. Still didn't work.

So I called Icon back, they tell me that I need a whole new console and they will mail it to me (haha). It is "easy" to install, just remove "6 screws", there are 15. I had not instructions when it came in the mail. Sent the emails and they sent me 2 lines of instructions that said something like "remove one connection and it will come off." Are you kidding me? There are multiple wires and several go into the machine into another box. I called Sears (where I bought it. NEVER do that) and after 30 min of multiple calls no one even picked up a phone. I tried multiple departments during store hours.

So here I sit 3 months into a NON-WORKING treadmill. And the console half off, screws everywhere... 2000.00 down the drain. I may have to sledgehammer this thing and just drag it out. NEVER BUY A NORDICTRACK PEOPLE. TROTTER, that is a good brand. I never had problems with that one but my husband took it the divorce... Sweet package he got… Haha.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I've had my $2500 treadmill for 10 months. The roller has completely broken and is unusable. I filled out a service request twice in one week and no one called me. I then called, was on hold for over 20 minutes. The woman on the phone told me I had to take the treadmill apart so we could 'diagnose' the issue before she could do anything. I knew what the issue was, but that wasn't good enough, she wanted me to go through these steps. She sent me videos on how to take the thing apart. She told me that if I wasn't willing to do this, it would cost me $150 for a tech to come out, just to diagnose it, even though it's under warranty. I did what she asked, and then she told me that I had to wait up to a week for a tech to 'call' me, and then the appointment would be at least 3 weeks out!!!

Then... the next day, I get an email from ICON asking me to take videos and pictures of the issue. I would highly recommend anyone to NOT buy anything from this company, they suck at customer service. They want you to 'go away' and call an independent contractor out and pay out of pocket, this is what they're after. They are horrible to deal with, you have to jump through hoops and it's disgusting. Now, I have a TM that is broken. I wonder if the tech will call? I highly doubt it. Time to get a lawyer, they won't get away with this.

Original review: June 16, 2017

After several months of research, we decided on purchasing the Nordic Track 1750. It was purchased on May 25. By the second week in June I began checking the shipment status. I soon realized it wasn't moving from one location to another. I called several times and like many others was put on hold for up to 1 hour in some cases. After many phone calls and transfers to other departments, they informed me they could not locate my purchase! How does one lose a treadmill? I asked for and received a full refund. I will be ordering another treadmill from another company.

Original review: June 9, 2017

My boyfriend helped me get my NordicTrack setup in the right room and figure out how to hook it up. It is pretty easy to use once it is set up. I like to run on it so I can stay indoors when the weather is bad and I like to choose the difficulty level for myself. It is very easy to get to as well, but I still I find it pretty boring and difficult to get up the motivation to get up and do use my treadmill.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I like working out on the NordicTrack x22a Incline Trainer. I had someone help me put it together so it was simple for me to open it and get started. If I had not have help putting this together I don't think I would have gotten it together even though the instructions came with it and they were fairly simple to do. Unfortunately they were a little bit more complicated for me. My friends, family and I basically put our money together and purchase this along with other workout equipment. Now we have our own little exercise group. So then we don't have to go into the gym and be embarrassed by all of these ridiculously skinny people looking at us and pointing at us and having their little judgment.

NordicTrack is the perfect treadmill for me. I love the incline and the down climb. And I like the EKG grip pulse heart rate monitor and wireless chest strap among other things like the video monitor and the pre-programmed videos that make you feel like you have your one-on-one personal trainer right there in the house with you to motivate you and keep you on track and keep you going. It seems to me that I get personal treatment and it seems like this was designed just for me. But I would like for the price to be a little lower or if maybe there was a situation to where they could make payments on it because unfortunately that's one thing that I was unable to do. But due to family I was able to get this because I did need it in order to lose a certain amount of weight and due to the weight loss I was able to save my own life. So thank God for the NordicTrack.

Original review: June 8, 2017

My NordicTrack C1650 is a space saver. This folds up great to take up less space but it is quite heavy. But it inclines with different terrains that match different complex walking and it has plenty of fitness goals opportunities. It is a good machine and it suits its purpose for me. It was however a bit on the expensive side. Nevertheless, it is easy to use and operate with step by step guide on the big screen that is easy to read.

Original review: June 7, 2017

My treadmill's incline, multiple modes, different types of programmed exercise, safety stop and bottle holders are nice. It also has a place to plug in an mp3 player. My treadmill is very easy to use and operate, too. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the durability of the treadmill. It is heavy duty and lasts for a long time without defect. I never had any issues with the treadmill. However, Nordictrak can add side wells that can be used to rest on, the safety feature to stop the treadmill during falls should be better and respond sooner, because it takes too long for it to stop.

Original review: June 7, 2017

The NordicTrack Treadmill incline feature is nice. It makes it better for burning more calories faster. I like how it is quiet and all of the cool gadgets and gizmos that come with it. I just wish it came in a hot pink or magenta color. I would also add a tv or iPod holder so that it could rest on the treadmill as I worked out instead of having to hold it. But operating the treadmill is easy. I turn it on, press the button, select the speed and I'm good to go.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Setting up the NordicTrack treadmill was a bit of a pain at first but after getting used to it, it is quite easy to operate. I like the simplicity of the basic features even though I would have preferred a more advanced model. It has a digital screen and I like the safety features. However, the design is boring and black was the only color available. I am also not fond of the uncomfortable hand grips, they are made of foam which also absorbs a lot of sweat. Other than that, the treadmill is of good quality and overall it is easy to use. I am satisfied.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Setting it up my Nordictrack Treadmill is child's play, you can just fold it out, and fold it back up for easy storage when you're done. It takes up almost no space, even though it feels very large while I'm on it. I like its reduced vibration and self-cooling features, the pad can go from soft cushion to firm road, -3 to 15% incline, phone and tablet stand, large fan to keep you cool and it's bluetooth responsive. However, it would need longer handlebars that are sturdy while also being able to be folded up when not in use, and the price could certainly be lowered a bit. I paid $1700 for mine when it first came out.

Original review: June 5, 2017

My Nordictrack 400 is not boring like others. I like its eighteen workout apps and it's got a port for iPod and tablet holder which I really enjoy using. This treadmill is easy to use and store, too. I'm pretty happy with it and I really like all the features. I don't know what else I could possibly look for in a treadmill. If I had to choose something, the parts and labor warranty could be a little longer. I was also told it was easy to put together but was really a two person job. But it was easy to learn.

Original review: June 4, 2017

My Norditrak treadmill has sound system, variable speed system, lifetime warranty on motor of the treadmill, great space management ability and high incline ability. It is great but it does not have a wireless connection for the speakers, fans or any great new technology of which I've seen on the new machines at a workout floor of my gym. Also because it is a heavier duty machine it is more difficult to move and transport. It would be a great bonus if newer companies can deal with a more lightweight and ergonomic design.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I love this NordicTrack treadmill. I got this as a Christmas present and my husband set it up. It was a little pricey at first but is hands down the best one I've used even with just the basic functions. It has all the functions I like to use including incline and iPod hook up. It's also user friendly and it's available to use rain or shine. I have tried quite a few at various gyms in my area and this one is still my favorite. There's nothing I would change about it except maybe have a stereo system to hook up and listen to loud music.

Original review: June 3, 2017

We bought a NordicTrack treadmill about six months ago, and after one month, it wouldn't calibrate correctly. We had a service technician come, he performed several tests to diagnose the problem, and ordered the wrong part. He came back, decided that the entire console needed to be replaced, ordered it, and the console arrived at our home. He assured us that he would return to install it when the part arrived. When we tried to set up the appointment, we were told that no one would be coming, that we needed to install it ourselves. We called again and again to see if someone would come, but no, NordicTrack would not stand behind the service of this treadmill. We will probably install it ourselves, but if something goes wrong in the installation, Nordic Track could easily say it was our fault and not cover it. I am not impressed with this terrible customer service.

Original review: June 3, 2017

NordicTrack Treadmill is very big, bulky, and heavy. Definitely not easy to transport and hide. But pretty self-explanatory in usage and as for functionality, it is efficient. I like speed control, elevation increase, pulse, meter and mileage tracker. I can use in comfort of own home and motivates me every time I look at it. Also can watch TV while using it and can still do my cardio on rainy day. However, I would like it to be less bulky and heavy, maybe portable. It's kind of large in my small space and but difficult to hide. Also, should have more colors, WiFi capable, streamlined and re-engineered to advance as technology does, nontoxic, solar power and green for environment.

Original review: June 3, 2017

My husband set up the treadmill for me and he got it done fairly quickly. It is very easy to use, easy to start and stop, to activate the incline, and to change the speed to a higher or lower number. I like that I can change the speed so I can choose to run or just walk. I also love the incline option because it makes my workouts more difficult and fun. The touchscreen is very big, easy to read and shows me information that I want to know. There is only one thing that I dislike about my Nordictrack Treadmill and brand. It was that the product was quite expensive. It would cost a lot less to use the treadmills at the gym I have a membership at. For a lot of people, the high price wouldn't be worth it.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I love my NordicTrack treadmill. It is inclined, easy to use, easy to understand and has Bluetooth capability. The enhanced features provide fast learning of the machine. All of the features are incredible and vastly different than any other treadmill on the market. This is an easy way for me to get in my daily workout. This is definitely a top of the market machine. I vastly enjoy everything about this machine and I doubt I would ever own anything else.

NordicTrack Treadmills expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Known for their iconic skier machines, NordicTrack began manufacturing treadmills in the late 1990s. They have a variety of treadmills for consumer and commercial use, including their incline trainer, which has a 40 percent incline, and their treadmill desks, which allow users to work while burning calories and staying active.

• Wide variety: NordicTrack has treadmills for multiple uses and budgets, including incline trainers, C-series treadmills, commercial treadmills and desktop treadmills. Prices start at $799.

• iFit: iFit is NordicTrack’s smart fitness app that gives users access to a library of customized workouts, training routes, automatic tracking and more. It is available through a paid subscription, and up to three users can be added to one account at a time.

• Free shipping: All NordicTrack products ship to your home for free when you purchase them directly from the NordicTrack website.

• 30-day money back guarantee: Try your NordicTrack treadmill out at home for 30 days. If you aren’t fully satisfied, you can return it for a full refund.

• NordicTrack picks: NordicTrack’s website lists their best picks for each of their main categories of treadmills to help consumers figure out which one will work best for their needs.

• Best for: NordicTrack treadmills are best for walkers, joggers and runners.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

NordicTrack Treadmills Company Information