NordicTrack Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It was not hard to use. I just plugged it up and just set it and go. I bought it at an auction so I did not have to put it together. It fold up so I could roll it into the corner. It moved up and down as if I was on a hill. It calculated my speed and had a timer and said about how many calories I was burning. It had a cup holder and a thing to read my pulse. I wish I could watched movies on it or watched TV or it had a radio so I would not have been so bored. I also wish it was not so heavy because I couldn't take it to my new house.

I like my NordicTrack treadmill a lot. It is awesome. It is very easy to use and it tracks all of my stats for me. I like seeing exactly how far I’ve run and how long it took me. It was super simple to set up the first time. So now when I use it, it’s like jump on and press two buttons and you are good to go.

The amount of options for speed and incline weren't overwhelming like typical treadmills. Usually the more options there are the more difficult it is to operate but the NordicTrack is easy to use, the thing I like the most. When we initially set up the treadmill it was hard to find a spot in our office where it looked right because it is bulky and heavy but it's very easy to use and set-up.

I like how NordicTrack is reliable and have had no issues with it in years. It has a wide variety of features and was a good price when I purchased it. It is very easy to use, and we got it in the house easily, did not need any extra helping hands, my husband and I did it ourselves with no issue. I would definitely buy it again, and would recommend to anyone.

My whole family enjoys it and we love it. My husband and brother set it up when I was pregnant and they didn't seem to have any problems while doing so. The NordicTrack treadmill is easy to use and is very smooth when in use. The programs in the machine are really challenging. We also like the incline capabilities of the treadmill. But I think it's quite loud. Don't know if there is a way to make it any quieter. Also, it is on the larger and bulkier side. Maybe make it more slimline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Treadmills?

People at customer service were very friendly to talk to but not the guy who helped set it up. The colors and design of runway are not as nice as my best friend’s treadmill which is from Sole. But NordicTrack’s price, speed varieties and quality is super nice, wonderful and excellent. My friends Diana and William ** helped me set it up, it was very easy.

I like all the features that NordicTrack has to offer. It tracks how long I’ve been on it, how many calories I’ve burned and my heart rate. It's great when I feel like I need to walk a lot. It’s very easy because it’s already set up in my basement. I just get on it at any time. There is nothing that I don't like about it from the speed to the way it's leveled.

With NordicTrack, I like that I can Bluetooth my music to it and also the fan that blows directly into my face while I am walking. It also holds a book and my drink which is very nice. But I do not like that it takes up so much space and it is very awkward to move around from room to room. I like moving furniture around a lot so this gets in my way often. Other than that, it is very easy to use. Basically, you get on the treadmill and choose one of the several different levels or intervals and press go. As far as keeping track of your figures and goals, no more pencil and paper! It saves everything for me!!!

I ordered a treadmill from NordicTrack. Everything seemed fine, the salesperson was friendly and helpful. Then the "you know what" hit the fan. My treadmill was never delivered and when I tried to get in touch with my salesperson to help me out he dropped-off the face of the planet. After lots of emails and phone calls, I ended up cancelling the item all together. So, here we are, 6 months later and I still have not received my $2,043.14 credit from them. My account is in dispute and it has been nothing but a nightmare. I ended up buying a treadmill (for half the price) from my local Dick's Store and couldn't be happier with it. Now if I can just get NordicTrack to credit my account!!! I have never, ever had to deal with anything like this with any other company.

I like that Nordic Track has a lift that make the treadmill work hard. I also like being able to choose the location to exercise and how well it works. But it was difficult trying to put it together, the directions was a huge headache but in the end it was beyond worth it. I loved everything about my treadmill. It literally is just awesome.

The NordicTrack treadmill is very useful to me on a daily basis and save me a trip to the gym. It was an easy set up and is quite easy to use. The controls are easy to read and are user friendly. This really helps when using the treadmill as it makes it easier to read and understand the control panel. It also has several useful features such as cardio, heart rate, calories burned and a good warranty which is one of the reasons I purchased it. However, the treadmill tends to be noisy and in an apartment, it is a real concern as the neighbors will complain if it is too loud. I had to install special cushioning underneath the treadmill to absorb most of the sound.

I tried to order the X9i listed on Nordic's website listed at $1799. You cannot get this for the price listed. I was told I had to buy a 1 year iFit Coach at $468 which I did not want, for a total of $2267. DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING!!!

I am a stroke survivor and cannot get out and walk as the outside grounds are unlevel and may cause a fall. It is a manual walking treadmill and it allows me to keep up my leg strength by walking on my stationary treadmill. I would like the rotation of the foot pad easier to walk on. Being a stroke survivor, I can't raise my leg as high as my right when lifting. I sometimes stumble while walking 'cause my walking pad is sometimes hard to start but I enjoy my ability to continue my walking. It is easy accessible after someone set up my treadmill. I love it that I have something in my home to continue my therapy on.

While it is not only a well-known company name in general, NordicTrack is known for its reliability and performance. Their machines are phenomenal. The space saving designs work especially well in compact living environments, such as apartments. There is an integrated touch pad, at least in the design I own, and it has the ability to interact with apps on my smart devices. It performs as it should and makes my life quite a bit easier. While it certainly isn't an eyesore - it even folds up! - perhaps if it came in more color options it would add that extra fancy aesthetic us modern gals like to go for!

NordicTrack is convenient and very easy to use in my own home. I don't have to wait for other people at the gym and I don't have to worry about someone taking my machine. I wished it had more speeds and a built-in stereo system so that I could listen to music. I love that I can workout and take a break whenever I feel like it. I would recommend it to anybody.

I enjoy the speed control of the NordicTrack treadmill and that you can choose the place where you want to walk whether it is the country or in the city walking next to trees or a skyline, I just love it. There is not a thing that I dislike about the treadmill that I own and use except for how big and heavy it is if I want to move it to a different area in the house. But it stays set up and it is very easy to use when I am on it.

The operating system is straightforward and easy to use and control. I like the web enabled touch screen feature and the quietness of the treadmill, the heart rate monitor program and the cooling fan. The angle of the fan only cools top of forehead, should make the fan adjustable. They didn't have a cool down feature so you'll have to manually do it. The built in heart rate needs a bit of improvement. A little pricey but a good quiet treadmill.

I have had NordicTrack for 6 years now going on 7 years. It has a 10" screen for scenery and heartbeat, the height of the treadmill goes while walking or running and it has blood pressure monitor. Best features ever. It’s simply awesome for storage space and easy to set-up anywhere. My entire family use it. I would not make any changes in this product, it's amazing. It could be just a little less expensive. But I would tell anyone who is thinking of one to get it. I absolutely love it.

NordicTrack's pre programmed routes feature allow me to pick a program and workout without thinking about varying my intensity which would normally happen outdoors. I also like the adjustable incline. The process of setting up was easy! I took the system out of the box and lowered the ramp. Plugged in the unit and smooth sailing from that point on. However, trying to move the unit is difficult, but that's not a bad thing because you'd hate it to move during a workout. The only problem I might have is the amount of space the treadmill occupies, but I did get a larger model. I'm satisfied overall.

I purchased a NordicTrack treadmill Elite 3700 in November 2016. The motor burned out in March 2017, less than 90 days later. I also purchased a 5 year service contract through iCONN/NordicTrack. They told me the motor was not in stock and I would have to wait three to four weeks for a new motor. I called Sears to tell them I was not satisfied with the product or the service. I asked if I could return the product and was told it was over 30 days and I could not. I want anyone who is thinking of buying a high end product from Sears that their service contracts are worthless and their products are not quality.

They sent me a damaged treadmill. They also talked me into some stupid watch when I'm handicapped and some I fit told me to just cancel it and I get a better deal. It's been three months trying to get $80 credit. They do not respond to emails they do not respond to phone calls if you have any issues GOOD LUCK.The salesman lie. They all lie. I have never in 54 years dealt with a worst company then not. The salesman lie. They all lie. I have never in 54 years start with a worst company than NordicTrack.

I purchased a treadmill, elliptical, and recumbent bike. The first day the elliptical broke on the inside. I called customer service and they wanted me to take it apart and diagnose the problem. After 3 hours of trying to find the problem, I became frustrated and demanded to have a service rep come out. I was informed that the service rep could not come out until I have the parts. The only problem was customer service didn't know what the problem was either. They sent me around 5 parts and a service rep came out to fix. Not one of the parts they sent me were correct. We had to order the correct part which took another week and a half. The rep came back and repaired. Total time was over 30 days. Guess what can't return now.

In less than a week the elliptical started making a real loud noise while using. Same system and still down waiting on service rep. During this time the recumbent bike was incredibly hard to use on the lowest setting. When the rep came out on the first trip he stated it was the magnetic wheel on the inside so we had to order that part also. He did come out and fix and it is working. Totally absurd having to go through this with new equipment. I would like to say this was it but the treadmill fans will not shut off. Called customer service again and was notified that I would have to fix it myself. After yelling and screaming at this woman who is used to customers doing this cause it happens to all of us who wasted our money on this junk she notified me that the part is on back order and she didn't have a date when it would be coming in.

The CEO of this company should be removed as their policies are absurd the way customers have to jump through hoops to fix brand new equipment. The company wants to save money by not sending service reps to diagnose the equipment but would rather send needless parts out while the customer has to do the diagnostics. This is supposed to be their commercial line. Anybody after reading this still buys this junk gets what they deserve. I would imagine this saga will continue because of poor quality and terrible customer service policies. Thankfully I purchased the extended warranty, which I will probably have to use several times more.

I would like to review my machine but cannot since it has been 4.5 weeks since delivered and doesn't yet work. Everyone looking to buy direct from Norditrack, here is what to expect: Machine delivered 1 week later than promised. Easy to set up. Machine did not work. You have to fill out a form on-line to get support. Days later you receive an email with instructions to set up a phone appointment. (am I going crazy yet?) You finally call the support line and skirt past obvious menu options so you get to talk with someone.

Support person steps you through diagnostics. Says it is a new machine and needs updating and will send me a thumb drive to install. (seriously?) I wait 1 week, no thumb drive. I call support again. Guy has me fiddle with the system for 2 hours with no luck. Then decides it is most likely the console. Puts an order in for a new console. 1 week later no console.

E-chat with support. She tells me the console JUST left. They finally were restocked. (Yea right...) Sending it UPS ground. WHAT? Another week? I object, threaten return and she expedites it. Oh ok 3 business days. Once console arrives you have to call a 3rd party service person to come out to install. Another week? This is not a way to run a business. They contracted out every department. I don't even think a cohesive company exists. Manufacturing exists (kind of) but everything else is farmed out. NEVER BUY FROM NORDICTRACK!

I bought my first NordicTrack treadmill at Sears with the additional service plan. My walking belt broke within the first 5 minutes of use. NordicTrack was rude and offered absolutely no help when I called, stating they no longer made the belt and I should return the treadmill to Sears. I returned the treadmill to Sears and bought a newer and more expensive NordicTrack model (NordicTrack Treadmill T 6.7i), hoping that I would receive a better quality machine. NordicTrack is still the most recommended fitness brand at Sears. Within 3 days of using my (2nd) new treadmill, the motor began smoking and the machine cut off, refusing to turn back on again. Once again I called NordicTrack for the service plan. The NordicTrack representative stated they would send a replacement motor and provide instructions on how to install it. They refused to send a mechanic to my home until after I had attempted to replace the part myself.

I called the manager at Sears who expressed concern for the customer service I had received and told me they would personally send a repairman out with the part to fix themselves. Sears covered NordicTrack's **. The hundreds of dollars spent on my additional service plan was a complete waste. NordicTrack not only makes poor quality treadmills that break almost immediately, but they also have HORRIBLE customer service. The service plans that Sears sells with new NordicTrack equipment are plans with services provided by NordicTrack. NordicTrack has no interest in upholding their service contracts, only to scam their customers out of more money.

I will NEVER buy another NordicTrack piece of equipment, nor trust anyone that promotes their goods (Jillian Michaels). When faced with the option to buy a treadmill or gym membership, I recommend a gym membership because whether it is minutes, days, or weeks down the road, that expensive piece of equipment will break, and NordicTrack doesn't give a rat's ** about their customers once they have your money in their pocket.

After receiving our new 1750 treadmill, we discovered the screen on the console kept blanking out in mid-workout. Very annoying so we called customer support and they sent out a new console. Problem solved; not quite! After several months with the new console installed, it suddenly began to emit black smoke and stunk up the room! We called customer support again and they're sending out another new console. The saga continues since it's past the 30 month trial window (they won't accept a return).

Being on extended warranty plan which I also happen to extend for another 4 yrs, I have been waiting over 2 wks to get some memory card replacement being shipped. On the day of the order I was told it should be dispatched in 3-5 days. A week later when I called they says it ships within 7-10 business days. Two weeks later I hear the same story while my order has not shipped yet still. How hard to ship a priority mail with small memory card in it? The NordicTrack operator says he send an email to shipping department to speed up the process but he has no ability to get any feedback from them on the reason why it has not shipped yet. I hear the same story I call them every time. In the meantime, I have not been exercising for 2 wks now which already takes a toll on my cardio deficiency caused by allergies, suppressed by regular training.

I give them one more star because they used to be good and ship parts within the time they promised but something happened and they just don't care anymore. I wish I never got into business with these guys who also happen to sell treadmills with some smartphone-like 3rd party Android software installed which disables the treadmill every-time it crashes. Where are those treadmills with simple green display that lasted forever? Now you have to hook up to internet, log in before training and listen to some nonsense from "artificial personal trainer" bot, instead of just enjoying the time when running. I will never ever buy anything from NordicTrack and will tell every friend to avoid it.

Purchased and paid in full for a Xi7 incline trainer late November 2016. Received treadmill and one week later incline stopped working. They shipped a part which arrived about 10 days later. Part did not fix machine. Called again and another part was mailed and another 10-14 days went by. We were excited, the part fixed the incline feature. Two workouts later the running band quit while running several times during workout. Had to reset and start timer and distance over again. The next time it quit completely. Can't use machine. I live in Montana and use a treadmill for winter running. I run long distance 4-5 times per week and have not been able to use this machine on a consistent basis and now it crapped out completely.

After calling customer service and being on hold for over an hour I got the runaround and was talked to as if I was stupid. I was expected to have the treadmill on its side and have the motor cover off. I am 120 pounds and this machine weighs twice that. I can't just lift this item!! I told the girl that I would call back when I would have help. Again on hold for more than an hour... now I think they monitor phone numbers, because we have tried all day to get through yet nobody answers. We will have to resort to legal action if we do not receive a full refund. I am sick and tired of dealing with their customer service department and have a $1700 machine that might as well be a clothes drying rack!!! We are so frustrated and will turn this company into the Better Business Bureau and will use legal action if it comes to that. Word of advice, do not buy from this company. You will regret it. Shame on you Jillian Michaels for advertising such junk.

I ordered a treadmill the week before Christmas. It took them 5 weeks to deliver it. The shipping carton had damage. The damage was reported to NordicTrack. I had also ordered their white glove setup. It took 4 more weeks for somebody to come out and try to set it up. When they opened the box, they found damage to the equipment. They were told by their dispatcher to not set it up. After sitting on hold for over 2 hours, I was told to scrap the machine. This is a 300 pound treadmill. I had to pay a guy to haul it away. NordicTrack said they would refund my money. It's now been 5 weeks since they told this to me and I still haven't received my money back. Really bad customer service. Really poor order handling. Stay clear of NordicTrack.

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with ordering something online. I initially ordered my machine on December 26, 2016. The first machine I received the console was cracked and I was told to dispose of the machine and they would order me a new one. It is now almost March and I still do not have my new machine. I keep getting the runaround every time I call them and their response is always "It's on back order etc." When I call I'm always on hold for at least an hour or a get switched around several times. I have dealt with so many rude people as well through their customer service hotline. I am baffled at the treatment I have been given and I WILL NEVER order anything through NordicTrack again. If you're thinking about purchasing a machine please take my advice and go to Academy or Dick'S Sporting Goods. This has literally been a nightmare and that's sad considering I spent $2,000 on my machine.

I like a mileage counter for the total miles of use on a machine. My current machine doesn't have that. The track is hard, I prefer a softer landing. I like a long running track, mine has it. I wish I had a video to plug in and do on machine virtual training.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Known for their iconic skier machines, NordicTrack began manufacturing treadmills in the late 1990s. They have a variety of treadmills for consumer and commercial use, including their incline trainer, which has a 40 percent incline, and their treadmill desks, which allow users to work while burning calories and staying active.

• Wide variety: NordicTrack has treadmills for multiple uses and budgets, including incline trainers, C-series treadmills, commercial treadmills and desktop treadmills. Prices start at $799.
  • iFit: iFit is NordicTrack’s smart fitness app that gives users access to a library of customized workouts, training routes, automatic tracking and more. It is available through a paid subscription, and up to three users can be added to one account at a time.
  • Free shipping: All NordicTrack products ship to your home for free when you purchase them directly from the NordicTrack website.
  • 30-day money back guarantee: Try your NordicTrack treadmill out at home for 30 days. If you aren’t fully satisfied, you can return it for a full refund.
  • NordicTrack picks: NordicTrack’s website lists their best picks for each of their main categories of treadmills to help consumers figure out which one will work best for their needs.
  • Best for NordicTrack treadmills are best for walkers, joggers and runners.

Compare Treadmills