2.06/5
Based on 169 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

195 NordicTrack Elliptical Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

From the defective product they delivered, to the awful customer service, this purchase has been a nightmare and we are in the process of returning the product. Here is our experience: Initial order was backordered - we were not notified. When I scanned the registration sticker, it registered as a cheap treadmill. Incline function on the machine did not work at all. Software updates would not download. Upon reporting the defective feature, I was asked to make the repair myself. I requested they send a tech to do it.

The tech installed a new motor which also did not work, but stated that the original had been installed incorrectly. It took another week and multiple calls to find out that they had decided I stored the machine in a garage. It was stored in a heated workout room in a separate building. My phone calls were never returned. Every time I called, I was on hold for an hour. After contacting a snarky operator, I am in the process of returning the product. They are actually charging me a restocking fee. I feel sorry for the next customer who gets it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I applied for a line of credit to purchase a rower and was denied so assumed the purchase would not go forward. In the meantime, I have purchased another item. A few days later, I received an email confirming delivery. I wrote and called the company more than 3 times to say I did not want the product. They delivered anyways. I am now trying to return the product. Many calls, many minutes on the line waiting for customer service with no success. Since I have an actual job, I cannot wait more than the 30 min. I have been waiting to get a customer service representative on the line.

On earlier call, after 22 min waiting on the line, customer service rep says I should call another number that it will be much quicker. On recent call, after many minutes waiting, customer representative says can't hear me and drops the call. I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS KIND OF LOW-QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE IN ALL MY LIFE. This company is unprepared to deal with customers and I will file a lawsuit to have back all the hassle and loss of time this has caused me. I am afraid this is a scam, given the lack of professionalism.

Get expert buying tips about Ellipticals delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have had my elliptical less than a year. The first time I needed it repaired because it squeaked so loudly, I had to hold my ears. It took me over a month to get someone to come and fix it. When you call NordicTrack be prepared to be on hold for at least an hour each time. Turns out, the assemblers used no grease whatsoever when they assembled the machine, and the repairman said it was the worst assemble job he had ever seen -- this was done through Sears and it took me three weeks to get anyone to give me any kind of a refund or even listen to how bad the deliverymen treated me in my own home -- actually screaming at me -- no one gave a damn. Complained to Nordic track, they did nothing.

Second time just recently, the pedal just busted and fell off. That was Jan. 2. I cannot get someone to fix it. After more than five hours on the phone (99 percent of that on hold), I still do not have my elliptical fixed. They hooked me up with a repairman from Cleveland -- two hours away from me, and he refuses to come and fix the machine. It is still under the manufacturer's warranty. They promised to call me back -- of course they did not. Most horrible company and customer service ever!!! I have every right to be upset. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

On Dec.26, we ordered the 12.9 Elliptical from a NordicTrack representative named Mitch. We paid for the whole works, 2 year membership of iFit, shipping and assembly. Over 2k! We were told it would arrive 10-14 days from that point. After that time had come and gone, we contacted them and asked what was going on. They then told us it was on back order and someone should have told us.

Last week, on the 17th, we were told the machine was to be delivered and ASSEMBLED the following Monday (today) between 10 and 2, and someone would call 30 minutes prior. Well, White Glove Delivery called 5 minutes prior. When they arrived, I showed them where to set it up, and they responded with "The order only says drop off." I showed the man my paperwork that clearly stated that we paid 249.00 for assembly. Again, he said that was not what his order said, and left.

So, now I am out a day of work and have a machine in a box that is not assembled, even though we PAID FOR IT. Customer service has been absolutely pathetic. Oh, and the representative told us he was throwing in a free mat that we did not need. Turns out, they charged us $50 for the thing. We are now returning it. Why would I want a machine or pay for a warranty if I may never get the help if something goes wrong with the machine? WORST!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I paid about $250 for the white glove delivery and assembly service for my new elliptical. Yet, the assembly crew missed 10 hardwares, took all the leftover parts and threw them away. I used the elliptical for less than 10 minutes and both pedals fell off two weeks ago. I almost got injured. After trying all the customer service numbers and online chat tools and emails for 2 days, the only one response I got is they can send me new hardwares. Yet, it took forever for the new hardware to arrive and no one could give an accurate estimate on the waiting time. I was given the number of the billing service to request the refund for the service failure. However, the billing service is ALWAYS busy!!! This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. The company does not show any care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Elliptical Machines?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Save yourself some money, stress and wasted time (a considerable amount). I highly recommend you read the negative reviews on this site. I sure wish I had done so. Oh, they are smooth on the front end, until they have your payment, then it all falls apart. And when they promise white glove service, it is anything BUT.

They sent me out two unqualified men who had never even put together an elliptical (by their own admission) and they were in my house two solid hours). They left me with a machine that rocks side to side and has an arm that is loose. They tried to tell me it is SUPPOSED to rock side to side. That is exactly the opposite of what I was told when I told NT that I was hoping to avoid the problems from a cheaper machine I had to return to a big box store. It turns out you do NOT get what you paid for, after all.

When I finally did get a pulse on the other end, he effectively told me that NT does not care about its customers by saying they are busy (what else is new?) and "you are not our only customer." Wow - nothing like 21st-century customer service values, huh? He simply made excuses. This was Brandon in product tracking in Utah - the ONLY pulse I was able to get and who passed the buck and proved that NT doesn't care about its customers, nor do they seem to know what their left hand is doing from their right.

Brandon also accused me of yelling (what, because I am female and not happy?). So after making him promise me repeatedly (like four times) that he would not hang up on me if I **demonstrated** yelling for him, and only after getting his reassurance that he would not hang up, I provided him a quick demonstration of what yelling is - and then, afterwards, I told him that while I was assertive and rightfully upset, he could plainly hear that I was not in fact, yelling.

Brandon was able to then dutifully note that his lack of customer service experiences has led him to think that assertiveness is the same thing as yelling. Thankfully, upon that demonstration, he did not hang up on me as he could then tell that I had not been in fact, yelling (I wonder if he says the same thing when MEN call using assertive tones of voice). But, Brandon did proceed to tell me that if I called yet another number (that never answered, surprise, surprise) that they will schedule me a NordicTrack **CERTIFIED** tech to come resolve my problems. When I call back on Monday, **if I finally get another pulse to answer,** then, I wonder how long I will have to wait for that service? I already had to wait a month for a machine as it is. Why didn't they honor the White Glove service that I paid for and send a qualified tech to begin with?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a NordicTrack elliptical in January 2016 with 4 year extended warranty provided through Universal Technical Services. Starting in July 2018, the right pedal arm cracked and needed replaced. I ordered both belts and the right side pedal. After 3 separate deliveries, I finally received the correct parts. An authorized Icon Fitness repair technician, Pete, from Onsite Fitness Service came out to install the parts. He installed the belt and realized it was not correct. He took pictures and sent them to his service coordinator, Hannah. Pete mentioned that he would reorder the belt as Nordic Track must have sent the incorrect belt.

Pete came out again and installed the NordicTrack provided belt and it was incorrect as well. He sent notes to Icon Fitness about the possibility of belt size changes with different generations of ellipticals. I never heard back from Onsite Fitness Services, NordicTrack or UTS. I called Icon Fitness on 01/08/2019 to ask why it has been since July 2018 that my elliptical was functional. The Icon customer service representative said the machine had rust and revoked the extended warranty. No one from Icon Fitness or NordicTrack examined the equipment. If Icon Fitness would contact the Onsite Fitness Service technician, they would understand it's a belt issue.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

This is the third time I've called because the incline on the FS7i is failing, less than 2 years since we've had it. I've been on hold now for over an hour. The first gentleman picked up after 29 minutes and told me he would transfer me to Customer Service because he was Sales. I PRESSED THE OPTION FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CALL!!! On my first call to take care of issue, which again your minimum wait time is 30 minutes, they sent new motor and said tech would call to come and replace because we had extended service plan. Waited 3 weeks for motor, and after one week with no tech call, waited on phone over 50 minutes just to be told that there's no tech within 250 miles of us and we'd have to pay for his/her mileage both ways. Told them forget that, and we replaced motor ourselves which still didn't solve problem.

Back on hold and they tell us the Sensor cable might need replaced, but we had to call another number for that!!! They are horrible! I have told everyone at work to stay away from NordicTrack products. NordicTrack has low quality products for the money. When we were looking, we were told there's no place to try the FS7i before we purchased, but that they had a 30-day money back guarantee. Good luck getting the equipment back in the box!!! DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE DOLLAR AMOUNT YOU PAY FOR!!! Prior to purchasing, their sales rep said the FS7i was comparable to the Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer, even better - BALONEY!!! There's no comparison what-so-ever. NordicTrack is cheaply made. They don't stand behind their products.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The worst customer service I have ever dealt with! I was delivered a broken elliptical in November. After spending literally 8 hrs on the phone and being made to troubleshoot twice and transferred back and forth between departments with excessive hold times. I was finally told my return would be accepted with full refund. Well, kind of. I paid for white glove delivery and set up. So, I would have to pay that same charge again to have it hauled off. I went ahead with it... And foolishly ordered a treadmill and bike thinking I just had bad luck. Nope! I was told my elliptical would be picked up before my new equipment arrived.

Treadmill arrived... Still no call about elliptical. Finally on December 22nd two men came to get my elliptical. They walked down to my basement and said 'we can't take that...it's not in a box'. I explained I paid for white glove to disassemble and haul off. They left saying they couldn't do it. I called customer service again. They said that is the only company they use and they would have someone contact me in 24 hrs to set up pick up. It is now January and still nothing on when this broken elliptical will be picked up...

Also I haven't been issued my refund; so that is over $2000 still not back in my account. Even better... I also purchased a bike back in November when I bought the treadmill... Still haven't received that either. This company is garbage!!! I read bad reviews and figured they were random complaints... Nope. Horrible service and garbage product! They also have done nothing to try and rectify their mistakes. Just an 'oh well, you will just have to wait'. Do not buy from this company!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased a Freestride Trainer FS7i back in April of 2017. Great machine for the first year. However, just after one year I began to have trouble with it. The customer service is the worst. Almost impossible to contact customer service when needed, and you will. In April of this year 2018, I began experiencing loud noises coming from the machine. I could not figure out what it was. After several attempts and countless hours on hold and trying to contact NordicTrack they wanted me to troubleshoot and fix the problem. Ridiculous since I paid $2000 for this product which was advertised with 5 year parts and 2 years of in home service.

After several hours trying to contact them and getting the run-around, I finally was able to get them to agree to send someone out to troubleshoot and repair the machine. This was another frustrating story in itself. They sub out the repair to local repair guys which take forever to make an appointment. Once the work order was sent to him it took about another three weeks for him to come out. All in all this was about a three month process and was very frustrating.

Now in December of 2018 (less than two years) I find myself doing this all over again and no response from NordicTrack on another issue I'm having with this same machine. Loud crackling and grinding noises. So far 1.5 hours on hold and no response for the second time for this new experience. Also trying the online method and also on hold to chat with someone. I truly believe their business philosophy is to sell and when it breaks to just wait it out and ignore the customer until they lose patience and quit calling and just take the loss and buy another product. Sad.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

To begin with I purchased what I was told to be a brand new FS7 NordicTrack, Found out next day I could not log in because the machine was set up in previous owner's name, Turns out the machine has an undervoltage issue and the console will not stay on... I repeat there is nothing wrong with the software, NordicTrack keeps directing me to iFit software which is not the problem because the console does not have 12 volts at the plug. NordicTrack and iFit software are part of the same company Icon Fitness, Its like a Ponzi scheme or the games section of a shady carnival in Alabama. I pray to God someone straightens these ** out some day.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

So we ordered an elliptical and they got everything wrong. The email was wrong, phone number, and address. The address I am willing to accept the blame on but the rest was not my fault. I was able to correct everything but the address. They are saying I may have to go pick this thing up from whatever warehouse they are storing it in! Every shipping company in the world changes addresses but they want to return the elliptical for a 10% fee and then resell it so it can be sent to the correct address. Why not just do a simple address change? This company is a joke. I wish I had never ordered.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

After my first Elliptical had to be replaced within 9 months of use due to a cracked weld, my replacement machine is broken after 5 months of use. There is a rumbling shake on every cycle of running and the link arm is rubbing against the pedal roller hard enough to make the resistance too much to work out. When my first Elliptical was replaced, its manufacture warranty was voided and I was given a 90 day warranty. Knowing this wouldn't be enough, I called to register my new machine and purchase an extended warranty. I was told that I had about 5 years of warranty left and did not need to purchase anything more.

5 months later, I am told that I have no warranty and cannot get an extended warranty. I can purchase a "Plus One" warranty (which no one at parent company Icon will explain) but only after paying to correct whatever the current problem is out of pocket. Now I have a very heavy paperweight that I will have to cart to the dump after disassembling it (for the second time).

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

We have had our NordicTrack A.C.T. Elite Elliptical for about 3 years and have enjoyed the workouts it gives us. It has a relatively compact footprint which is good for a smaller exercise room, and has a wide range of resistance levels for both my wife and me. However, over the past 3 years, we have had several significant problems. Within the first 4 months, a defect in the weld of the upper left handle caused the entire axle to move right-and-left and cause a loud knocking noise. Our original warranty took care of it and repair technicians found and repaired the problem.

About 6 months later, it developed a loud scraping and grinding sound in the lower right movement, and again our extended warranty was used to repair it. Well, now it has been 3 years and a similar loud squeaking and scraping sound is coming from the lower right axle area; unfortunately our extended warranty has expired so we will have to foot the entire bill for the repair.

As a high-quality piece of exercise equipment, to have three similar problems in three years is not acceptable. If it is a design flaw, then these should be recalled and replaced. If it is simply poor workmanship, then NordicTrack is going to lose customers for poor quality control in the manufacturing. It's too bad, because when it works we are very happy with it. But if you buy one, I encourage you to buy the longest extended warranty available or be ready to pay some expensive repair bills.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I curse the day I ordered with NordicTrack. I urge anyone interested in this company to look elsewhere - they do not care about customer service and their shipping partner delivery company Ryder that they contract with is even worse. My Elliptical was delivered twice damaged - once the Elliptical was soaked in water inside the box, and the second time was scratched badly by the forklift. The delivery company labeled as “white glove service” is nothing more than untrained individuals who carry the item into your home and likely just read the instructions like anyone would. They consistently rescheduled and never once sent the correct number of delivery people out.

I rescheduled my days to be home 5 (!) separate times and on the fifth time, received a call when the window had passed saying they needed to reschedule because they didn’t have 3 men. Refused to transfer me to a manager. Called NordicTrack and my case was escalated to the manager of shipping, who NEVER called me. Anytime you call customer service, you WILL wait on hold from 45-60 minutes, wasting your life away. And they hold your money in their account while you are dealing with their unbelievably poor service and carelessness. I wish I never got involved with them. Please save your time and sanity and DO NOT order from this company.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Save yourself the trouble and go to a gym. I was sent an elliptical with the wrong hardware to install the console. I called NordicTrack and they sent again the wrong console for my machine. After various "FaceTime calls" and waiting on hold for an hour, they told me a replacement was sent to UPS and I have to call them to see where it is. I called UPS and they say they received a tracking label but are still waiting for the merchandise to arrive from NordicTrack. This is a company of liars and thieves and they will keep you waiting until you run out of patience. If you are compelled to purchase one of their machines, do so from a retailer which can easily accept your imminent return.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I will never order from this company again. I feel they are misleading and it's a form of a scam. I ordered a elliptical machine on June 23, order process on June 25. Per Kerri, Supervisor at NordicTrack my order was delivered to NSD. Their contracted delivery services. I contact NSD. They tell me they have not received my order. NSD has a history of complaints from customers, Kerri from NordicTrack knew this, the company NordicTrack is very aware of this and they continue to do business with them. It does not matter how it interferes with customer service and the promise they make to delivery on time.

Funds have been removed from my account, NordicTrack does nothing to rectify this problem. Now I do not even know if my elliptical machine will ever be delivered. When I called NordicTrack I was intentionally left on hold and they refuse to open a chat window. This is so upsetting that they know the history of NSD. I purchased an elliptical for health reasons, I ordered in good faith they claim to be what they say they are. Now I have no idea when I will get my PAID purchase because I just get a runaround.

Original review: May 22, 2018

WARNING! Do NOT buy anything from NordicTrack! I wish I would’ve read all the negative reports about the company’s customer service before I wasted $799 on a new C 7.5 elliptical machine which I ordered from Nordictrack.com. It was delivered on May 14, 2018. It was defective from the moment I put it together and turned it on. As soon as I turned it on, the motor was making a loud recurrent clicking noise and the resistance would not increase. I called customer service. Each time you call customer supervise it takes an average of 30 min on hold before you can speak with a human being. They diagnosed my problem as a bad resistance motor and possibly a bad eddy mechanism. They mailed me replacement parts which actually arrived quickly. They arrived on 5-19-18.

This is when my experience went from frustration that a new machine didn’t work to outright anger at a “customer service” dept that gives you the runaround. It has been 4 days now going on 5 since my replacement parts were delivered and I’m still trying to get the tech guy to call me back just to scheduled an appt. I have called him everyday, 1-2 times a day, but all I get is his voicemail and he won’t call me back. I’ve called customer service twice now and complained that the tech is not returning my calls. They keep telling me I have to “wait another 48 hrs” and if he doesn’t call me then I should call them back. I’ve done that twice now with no results. The guy doesn’t even have the decency to return my call.

In addition, NordicTrack makes it darn near impossible to return a defective machine for a refund with all you have to do. My only option is to pay money out of pocket for a local repairman to come fix it, which by the way, NordicTrack refuses to reimburse me for even though it is fully under warranty. They say I have to use their tech but he never returns his calls!!

Original review: May 18, 2018

My elliptical machine started making a thumping sound 5 months in and after numerous tries their customer service never got back to me, when the service date was about to expire I was inundated with phone calls and junk mail about it. The machine was never fixed. The absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Bought a NordicTrack elliptical from Sears for the wife for Christmas 2017. Got it put together but within a month, the console went out. It was under warranty but getting the part was A NIGHTMARE! And still is!!! It is now April, dozens of hours on hold. Emails not returned. 3 times I was able to talk to a human and each time they said; "Part was out of stock, it is in now, we upgraded the delivery and you should have it in 2 business days." 3 months have passed and I still don't have the part!!! NordicTrack has 1 star with the Better Business Bureau and 1 star with Consumer Affairs for a reason, THEY DESERVE IT! Junky products and horrendous customer service. Do yourself a favor and don't give any of your hard earned money or precious time to this company, or end up like the rest of us who are VERY sorry we did!

Original review: April 7, 2018

NordicTrack SE 7i Elliptical Machine - When it worked it was great. It experienced a catastrophic failure when the shaft that the arms rotate on sheared off on the right side. The arm supported the foot pedal so when the shaft broke the arm and the foot pedal dropped suddenly. Could have easily been injured when this happened. Called for warranty repair and it has been almost 2 months and it still isn't repaired. This unit was a replacement for another similar machine that could not be repaired.

Original review: March 26, 2018

1st elliptical was delivered damaged, I was informed it would be quicker to order part. 8 days after ordering I received call from repair company stating they never received the part, it was back ordered and no clue when would be received. Icon agreed but guess they didn’t think I needed to know. Had to refund and order new machine. I told them to pick up damaged machine and was sent email stating they had no room at warehouse and it was up to ME to dispose of. They scheduled 2nd machine delivery via email to come on a FRIDAY, I was never called with a time, when I called I was told 2-6 pm.

I called again at 5 to confirm AND TOLD ALL WAS WELL, 30 min later I was told by driver they broken down... At 5:30 on a Friday night. I told them to deliver on Mon, again no call and when I called, was given to mgr (Darrin) who said he would call me back which he didn’t so I called again to which he said he was planning on calling in afternoon allowing me to sit AGAIN waiting on them for yet another day. He said IF they could arrange Wed they would do that. I cancelled the order. If they can’t even deliver the machine they more than likely won’t honor any repairs. This was a $1500 machine.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I purchased a NordicTrack less than a year ago. The machine broke. I contacted NordicTrack to have my machine looked at. That service call cost me $159. The technician needed to order parts for my machine. The parts were mailed to my home. I called NordicTrack back to have the technician return to finish the job. I am being charged an additional $65 for the technician to return to fix the machine. I feel like I am being ripped off because they are holding me hostage to have the technician finish what he started. I was initially told that the $159 would cover whatever was wrong with my machine. This machine is under a year old and is already having issues.

Original review: March 1, 2018

The screen light is too bright and not adjustable. The handlebars are not adjustable and put me into an uncomfortable standing position. But I continue to use it just for the health factor.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I ordered this ( $1000 ACT Elliptical) and it worked for 3 days then broke. I called to get it fixed and had to sit on hold for 30 min to get a person to talk to then they told me I had to call a different company to get the work done. When I called them they wanted me to fix it myself!!! This has a 1 year parts and labor warranty but they want you to do the repairs. I had to fight to get the agent to schedule a repairman. The machine has been down for almost a month and it is brand new! The repair guy has changed the day he will come to fix it. Now I have to wait again to get this repaired. Buy something that has better customer service. WILL NEVER BUY A NORDICTRACK AGAIN!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I honestly can't understand how Nordic Track is still in business. I ordered a Freestride Trainer FS5i and paid for that product. Not only did I pay $1,200.00 for the product, I paid about $300.00 more for a service plan. I didn't receive the product for almost a month after I paid for the product. This was after the 7-10 working days that I was told shipping would take. After not receiving the product I began to inquire as to where it might be. I was given the telephone number for the third party delivery company that would make final delivery. They had no record of my order. I called customer service and was given the telephone number to a different shipping company. They did have my order. When I did receive the product it did not work. I was required to disassemble the product and assist in diagnosing the problem. I was required to wait another week for the part to arrive and then install the part myself.

After installing that part and being able to finally use the machine, I discovered that there was another problem. I was then required to disassemble the product to help "customer service" diagnose what could be causing the new problem. She said that I will receive the new part and be able to install it myself in about a week. If everything goes right, I should be able to use the product about six weeks after I paid for it, but only because I was willing to spend approximately 3 hours on the telephone and chat function with customer service, assemble and disassemble the product myself, and wait for repair parts. I wish that I could be confident that the product will work after I receive the next new part.

I can't think of any reason that anyone should order anything from NordicTrack. I almost forgot, I ordered a chest strap for the heart rate monitor on the same day I ordered the machine. I was told that it shipped on the same day. In one of my conversations with customer service I was told that it was on back order. Obviously, it did not ship when I was told it did because it was on back order. I still have not received it. I have little confidence that I will received the repair part when I was told that I would. NordicTrack does not seem to have a problem lying to customers.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Don't Purchase From NordicTrack. I decided to purchase an elliptical at the beginning of November. I emailed the company asking for assistance in the decision-making process, but never received a response. I called on Monday, November 13th, and made my purchase with assurance I would receive a phone call to schedule delivery of the machine in two weeks. I also paid $250 extra to have the machine assembled in my home on the day of delivery. I was assured that, since I don't get home from work until 5 PM, the company would have no problem delivering the product after 5 PM.

A few days later, I received a shipping confirmation, but no scheduled delivery call the following week. On November 27th, I called to check the status of my order, and was told I would be contacted on Thursday, November 30th to schedule delivery, but that event never occurred. I called back on Monday, December 4th, and was told the machine would be delivered between 10 AM and 2 PM on Tuesday, December 5th. I explained that I do not arrive home from work until 5 PM, and was assured that would not pose a problem. The person I spoke with said she made a note, and I would be contacted later that day for a new delivery time.

Hours later, I received a confirmation request for the delivery between 10 AM and 2 PM. Again, I called to explain that I needed the machine to be delivered and assembled after 5 PM. The person to whom I spoke stated that no note had been received regarding my call earlier that day, but they would reschedule for later in the week. On Thursday, December 7th, I received a confirmation request to deliver the machine on Friday, December 8th, between 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM. Again, I called to explain that I needed it delivered later, but would take time off work to finally receive the machine. We confirmed delivery would be between 1:30 and 5:30 PM.

Friday, December 8th, I left work early to be certain my machine was delivered and assembled, as scheduled. At 2 PM, I received a call (When I picked up, the woman on the line was screaming/asking, "What am I supposed to tell him?") stating that the delivery/assembly crew would have to reschedule for Tuesday, December 12th. She said they could not guarantee that the delivery could be after 5 PM, but I should expect a confirmation request on Monday, December 11th, then hung up abruptly when I tried to explain the situation. I am at my wits end dealing with NordicTrack, as well as their chosen delivery partners, Guardian Logistics Solutions. I decided that I would like to cancel my order, but NordicTrack cannot be reached because they have shut down services today for training (which is certainly needed).

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I paid in full on a new elliptical machine. I never received the machine. A month later still don't have a delivery date. Contacted NordicTrack. After hour long holds they would hang up on me, tell me it was at delivery company near me and was told to call trucking company. Nobody would answer. Called NordicTrack back. They called shipping company, tell me their computer was broken in the warehouse they were doing inventory by hand. This gave them another 2 weeks. This came and went with no phone call. Called NordicTrack back. Hour long waits again. Was told they will get back to me in 24 - 48 hours, by the end of the week I had not heard anything from them. I have to call my bank and charge them with fraud. This has been the most frustrating experience and it's going on for almost 2 months.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Ordered S elliptical and got treadmill delivered. After that I am trying for past three days to contact them no one responds. Got hold of a representative today and he said he will ensure he will have someone call back but I got no response. So now what do I do with the wrong product?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I purchased this NordicTrack E14.5 Elliptical from Sears store in 2013. It works fairly well and is quiet. However the cons are poor console, and poor reliability. The iFit program is difficult to use and very slow to load. I've had the console electronic board replaced and now the console fan is making a noise and needs to be replaced. Fortunately, I had purchased an 5 year extended protection plan. I would not purchase this product again based on my experience.

NordicTrack Elliptical Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

NordicTrack is known for their trademark skiers, which were introduced over 25 years ago. They have since expanded their lineup to include a variety of cardio equipment, including ellipticals. NordicTrack’s ellipticals are designed for both commercial and home use.

• Commercial series: The Commercial 14.9 and C 12.9 are NordicTrack’s commercial ellipticals. These machines are durable, with added features such as 26 resistance levels, an integrated tablet holder, a sound system and a touchscreen that is iFit enabled. The Mid-mech commercial series ellipticals can work in either a commercial or home setting.

• SpaceSaver® Design: NordicTrack has several ellipticals with the SpaceSaver® Design, which makes it simple and quick to store the elliptical when it is not in use. Fold your elliptical up or down in one simple step, and easily roll it into a closet or other storage space when your workout is over.

• 30-day trial: NordicTrack offers customers a full 30 days to try their elliptical at home before returning it for a full refund. Exchanges can also be made within 30 days of receiving your elliptical.

• FreeStride Trainer: NordicTrack’s FreeStride Trainer offers users a total body workout by combining movements from a treadmill, a stepper and an elliptical. There are three models to choose from, depending on which additional features you prefer. They all feature a web-enabled color touchscreen, and the FreeStride Trainer FS9i has an adjustable decline and incline, ranging from -10 percent to 10 percent.

• Front and rear drive options: NordicTrack has both front and rear drive ellipticals, so you can choose your elliptical based on the type of movement you prefer during your workout.

• Best for: NordicTrack ellipticals are best for serious trainers and light commercial facilities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

NordicTrack Elliptical Machines Company Information

www.nordictrack.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.