NordicTrack Elliptical Machines

Compare Ellipticals

Research top Ellipticals recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If you value your money and sanity, do NOT purchase from NordicTrack. We ordered an ellipitical (NORDICTRACK C 9.5, Item NTEL09815) on January 4, 2017 and it arrived, as promised, on January 13. With a non-functional left pedal arm (the part that holds the left foot pedal to the rest of the machine). If I only had one arm and one leg, this may not have been an issue. Although if I only had one arm and leg, I probably would have invested in a stationary bike or rowing machine or in prosthetic limbs. But since I wanted to use that left arm and left pedal, we called NordicTrack and ordered a new left pedal arm that same day (January 13). Shockingly, it's back ordered. So, being good consumers, we wait patiently. In fact, we end up waiting right through the *30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE* (very cunning of you, NordicTrack, to not even let customers have a functional machine for the first 30 days).

For 3 weeks, the order status stubbornly says processing until I call NordicTrack and explain, again, our fitness dilemma. The customer service person confirms the part is still back ordered (so sneaky, NordicTrack!) but he can do a surp order and expedite it, getting us the part sooner yay! But the joy is short-lived. Within 4 business days, the coveted left pedal arm has arrived. (Cue the heavenly choir) But upon assembly, we find that it does not contain the necessary large arm bearing, a piece the original, albeit non-functional left pedal arm already had in place.

Do we need a large arm bearing? Only if we want the left pedal to attach to the wheel, providing a smooth, satisfying elliptical motion, as opposed to having it bang against floor like a giant dead metal fish. So, yes, we want a large arm bearing. Can we use the large arm bearing from the original pedal? No, it has been crushed into place using a hydraulic press or something exerting similar amounts of pressure (like an unrequited proposal).

And upon further inspection, we find the left pedal, which came pre-attached to the original, now-not-so-bad-in-hindsight-but-still-not-functional left pedal arm, does not fit on the newly arrived left pedal arm. When we call NordicTrack again, we find that the left pedal arm is still on back order and a surp order means that they search warehouses and assembly places for excess parts to fill orders faster, not questioning why these places just happen to have a coveted, back ordered part.

Could it be that something is wrong with them, like the pedal doesnt actually fit on them? Who cares! Ship it! So now, they have ordered us another left pedal arm, which is still back ordered and may or may not get here in 10 business days. And if it doesn't? Can I get a new machine with all functional parts or a refund on my non-functional machine? Per NordicTrack, "Oh, Honey, that's up to you if you want a refund. But that's a whole separate number to call." If the condescension had been any heavier, it could have pressed a large arm bearing into place. So, here we are, 6 weeks in and over $1000 poorer and still waiting just 10 business days more. TL;DR don't order from NordicTrack. Just run around in circles because that is what they will have you doing anyways.

The tracking on the treadmill is a joke. It had been a week and the tracking indicated it was in my hometown and status was "booked". After being on hold for 30 minutes I was told he had no idea when it would arrive and could take up to 3 weeks. I said I would like to cancel the order and just find it locally. He said it was too late and would result in shipping and replacement fees. I asked if they were just going to dump it in my front yard when it happened to show up. He was pretty rude to me and said they should call me. The machine better be awesome because so far I am pretty unimpressed. Looks like the 30 day free return policy is a joke because the restocking and shipping fees are $400! Buy locally and do not buy from NordicTrack! If you encounter any problems they are not helpful.

DO NOT BUY NORDICTRACK EQUIPMENT! Our NordicTract Elliptical Trainer was incorrectly assembled by the White Glove service which turned out to be shipping guys with no significant training in assembly. It took multiple phone calls for the company to send an assembly specialist to our house. The company specialist ordered new parts and came back 10 days later, but the parts did not fit!

He informed us that the model line was a lemon; it would never be able to be properly assembled! Together, with him at our side, we called the company. No one ever answers in the Billing Dept, so we called the Service dept and were on hold for 70 minutes. Finally the supervisor noted our multiple prior calls and was able to process a refund. And we were told to throw the new but improperly assembled elliptical trainer in the Trash! They didn't even want it back!

One of their workers confided to us that Nordic Track sold out years ago and the quality has taken a major dive. He suggested they simply slap the NT name on Proform frames; Proform is cheaper and virtually the same but with less fancy electronics. DO NOT BUY NORDICTRACK - company quality and service is very very poor. And good luck getting someone to answer the phone after your payment is complete.

I ordered the newest space saver elliptical on December 16th. Paid $799.00 and was charged that day. I called after the New Year to track it. The shipping company couldn't locate it! Mind you I spent 1/2 the day with those 2 phone calls to NordicTrack and the shipping company. I called Nordic back to cancel order. They offered a free upgrade of room delivery. I accepted. I then received a call from a different shipping company to make the delivery. They showed up the next day and refused to bring it in the house. I told them to bring it back. They didn't believe I had a free upgrade even after showing them the email. I received disrespectful phone calls from both the shipping companies trying to deliver again but saying it would be dropped off at the garage!

I canceled the order January 6th. I didn't trust the man I spoke to, called back Monday January 9th and again waited an hour on hold only to find my instincts were correct, I could not cancel through customer service but had to hold for billing! Did receive a confirmation number from billing and told I would get my money back anywhere from 15-30 business days "AND IF I STILL DIDN'T SEE A CREDIT TO CALL BACK." That can't be legal. My question is how can we get these reviews to be seen when someone googles NordicTrack? It would have saved me the headache of this horrible experience!

I purchased FS7i freestride trainer 28.12.2016 and start to use it 30.12.2016. My first feeling quite strange acc nonergonomic handles not high enough and missing round grip at end of handles. Second thing strange tough chemical smell from low quality plastics material used. Another observations during my first exercise - calories for sure not calculated properly, low high of stride itself, no markant difference between resistance level 1 - 24.

During my following 3 exercises machine starts to produce strange noises. I tighten all screws on incline mechanism and it stops, but just for one exercise... I disassembly half of machine and realize it really low quality device itself - frame can't be stable acc its design (maybe enough for 80 kg person max..). I focused also on counting sensor position as manual prescribing, but any position do not come with correct calories counting...

As last I been interested how resistance 1 - 24 is driven - surprise by plastic gear wheel transaxle like in toys. I found out movement of motor is equal only 2/3 of possible range. I readjust resistor bridge on el. motor, but effect is minimal. I apologize that I do not describe anything positive, but I am really disappointed by overall very low quality of device itself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Elliptical Machines?

After researching ellipticals I decided on elliptical from NordicTrack. I placed my order on the phone; purchased an extended warranty, etc. They explained that they cannot ship to a different address from the billing address due to fraud. So I used my business credit card and arranged to have it shipped to my office. However, my credit card has P.O. Box and it didn't match the shipping address. So they emailed me; cancelling my purchase and said the only way that I can get it is if I transfer funds to them. I explained the minor oversight - apart from the fact that they can't ship an elliptical to a P.O. Box and have never heard from them since. I emailed the sales rep, his manager and Icon fitness to try and get this straightened out but no reply! How does a company operate like this? 2k of business and I have purchased from NordicTrack before! Brutal!

Freestride Trainer FS5i - This product was purchased on 1/25/16. I assembled and began using the product in May of this year. The product began failing in October (loud noises and difficulty operating the left stride assembly). I placed a service call to NordicTrack on 11/21. I was asked to perform problem determination, which included attempting to remove an Allen keyed bolt, which refused to break loose. Three bearings were ordered and I was told I would receive a call when the bearings were delivered. I am still waiting for one of the bearings (out of stock). Additionally, 2 cables were ordered on 11/28, at my suggestion. The cables were also out of stock. I called customer service on 12/6 and was told the parts were still out of stock and I would receive a call when they were available.

I asked to speak with a supervisor, several times, and finally did get to speak with one. I vented about the service strategy (customers doing the troubleshooting) and the lack of parts availability for a new product. I was told that they would strip a new product for the parts I needed and would expedite the shipping. I was also told a service rep would contact me.

As of today, 12/23, the cables have arrived but the 3rd bearing has not. I have not received a call from a tech or customer service. I'm at a loss to understand how a major company can do business in such a shoddy manner and I strongly urge anyone considering a NordicTrack product to look elsewhere. Poor product reliability, lack of parts availability, terrible service strategy and inept customer support guarantee your Nordic Track experience will be a bad one.

Ordered an elliptical machine on 11/24/2016. It "shipped" three days later and they provided a tracking number which would activate in 2-3 business days. It is now December 16th and not only do I still not have a machine but the tracking number never worked. It was supposedly picked up by Old Dominion on November 27th. After repeated attempts with both Old Dominion and NordicTrack to locate and give me an update on the status of the shipment, I threatened to cancel the order. Suddenly I am told the shipment is at the warehouse in my state but this time I was told it was actually picked up by CH Robinson and delivered to Old Dominion's regional facility. Why wasn't that information disclosed before? I was promised a call back from Old Dominion within two days to schedule a delivery.

Two days came and passed and so I called NordicTrack and this time I was told that the equipment was not delivered to Old Dominion as earlier told but to the MXD Group. Again, why wasn't this disclosed before? Confirmed twice with NordicTrack that the MXD Group has the equipment and I was given a phone number for the carrier and told that my order number would allow me to track the shipment. Tried calling the carrier twice, left a voice mail message and sent them an email. Absolutely no response and their tracking system does not recognize any information I put in regarding my order. NordicTrack has not been transparent in this process and the constant changing of the story leads me to believe that they were lying all along.

I suspect that when I cancel my order because they failed to deliver the equipment, they will charge me a restocking/return fee as they have other customers and I have absolutely no proof that the equipment ever left their warehouse. This is the worst customer service that I have ever had with a company - online or otherwise. They must make a lot of money off of restocking fees for equipment that might not have even left their warehouse - nice margins. I plan on cancelling my order tomorrow and disputing the charge with the credit card company as a fraudulent transaction. I have never written an online review before but felt compelled to warn people regarding their customer service. Save yourself a lot of aggravation and time and buy from another more reputable company. At best NordicTrack is guilty of plain old bad service - but there may be more to their business practice than just poor planning and disorganization.

UPDATED ON 12/24/2016: Four weeks after ordering my equipment and after being told numerous lies and excuses about the whereabouts of my equipment, NordicTrack finally confessed that it never really left their warehouse because of a glitch in their ordering/tracking system. Guess what - this glitch apparently tells them that the product is in various stages of the shipment process - the system lies for them. I was told I would receive an immediate $180 credit and the equipment would ship next day.

Three days after the promised shipment and without getting the credit, I canceled my order. I am being told that my refund will take up to two weeks. Funny it took them less than 2 days to bill my credit card after the fictitious shipment. For anyone considering fitness equipment your time and money would be better spent elsewhere. Posting this on Pissed Off Consumer too because apparently ConsumerAffairs has a problem with posting customer complaints.

I got my total $2300 free slide trainer fs7i elliptical on September 29, 2016, but did not use until October 1 of 2016. First week using it was smooth but on the 2nd week of October 10th, felt the machine rocking and thought what was that? I called in and the customer service department that help told me to adjust the level. How can you adjust when you can't even lift the 300 pound machine. Her and I can even find where this lever was that because the picture didn't even match the words. So I thank her for showing me where in case I had to level it.

That night I used it and of course it was still rocking and before I even got started with my exercise a loud noise came from the left arm leveling side and disk. The noise sounded like it was cranking about ready to break down and the console felt like it was about to fall off as I felt the rocking. I also told her I noticed a electrical light flashing from the left upper body arm, but she said it meant it was on. I told her the right side doesn't have that so it can't be.

So the next morning I went on the machine and again felt and heard the same noise. On 10/12/16 I called the technician department and because I wasn't home I cannot get on it for them to listen. That afternoon I got home and call them again and they listened and their suggestion was that the bolts were loose inside... Can't remember what part she said. She will order the parts and a technician will come and replace it–3 to 5 days. I told her I shouldn't use it then right and she said not to use it. So so far the technician department has called me and my part is still at the warehouse when I last called to checked on Friday 10/14/16.

The customer service also recommended me to do it extended warranty since my elliptical has already starting to have problem. I told him it’s such a new machine and problems shouldn't occur that much so get back to me on his good quote of another extra four year parts and two year labor at $179.00. I will continue to update but after reading all the reviews I doubt I will get mine resolved. Wished I had seen these review. Sounds like even getting refunded back is hard to do. There should be a lawsuit on this company alright.

I bought an elliptical directly from the Nordictrack website. I live alone so I paid for white glove installation, which really means scary people installers in my house. I was really uncomfortable with the people that were sent to my house to install the machine. Nordictrack advertises Certified Professional Technicians – NOT!!! More like truck drivers from the hood who have never put a machine together. 20 minutes of use my machine is falling apart! Not HAPPY! You are better off hiring a handyman.

The WORSE experience EVER! Their customer service is nonexistent. Do not buy any of the products because even if you buy extended guarantee it is absolutely worthless. We both the Elite 14.9 Elliptical and just 2 days later as we try to use it the resistance was awful could not even pedal. I called them and I was on hold for almost an hour. They had me open the machine and unscrew something, that did not help at all. I mean if you pay over $1,000 for a machine you should not have to be messing with it at all.

Their more customer service made me waste my 30 days to be able to return this worthless machine to Sears waiting for them to send the part and a technician. Almost 2 months later I still can't use this junk and have not had a tech out here to fix it. When I pointed it out the fact that they made me waste my 30 days to return this machine to Sears they literally said "It is what it is."

ACT Commercial 10 Elliptical - For Christmas my husband bought me an Icon elliptical. When I first started using it, it made a clanging sound once in a while, but after 2 months of use, the sound became louder and more frequent to the point that even with headphones on listening to the TV full blast I could still hear it. I called Icon Support and they wanted me to take the machine apart to troubleshoot the problem for them. I was told that if I did not do this, then they would not help me. I had to hang up and wait for my husband to handle this chore for me. Once he had the machine apart, I called back again - the person I spoke to told me that he knew what the problem was and that we did not have to take it apart (oh joy).

In the process of taking the machine apart and putting it back together, not only did my husband injure himself, but he broke a part which Icon did send out. The parts were sent out and I had to take time off from work for the service person to fix the machine. To make a long story short, the service tech was out to my home a total of 6 times in a two month period. The last time he called into Icon and they were awaiting his pictures and file with the noise it was making. After 4 days, I heard nothing, so I called the service tech and was told that Icon said that the noise was normal, which was NOT acceptable to me. So after taking time off from work 6 times, I now took more time off from work and called NordicTrack/Icon. I asked for the resolution department and they would not give me the number nor would the gentleman transfer the call. He told me that he would be able to help me so after explaining the situation about 6 service calls, he told me that he could not help me and would transfer me.

Person number 2 gets on the phone and I said, "Please listen to this" and I got on the machine and put my phone on speaker and I asked him if that noise was normal, he said, "No," so I had to explain everything again from the beginning. He could not understand why I was so upset because Icon was "trying to work with me." I guess that they felt that 6 times for a service tech to come out to my home is normal. Anyway, he finally gave me the number for the resolution department. I got on the machine and again and asked if that noise was normal and was told "No, that is not normal" so I again gave my full accounting since day one with the machine and asked to speak to the individual who said that the noise was normal. The woman was very apologetic and said, "That is not the noise that I heard on the recording" that was sent to them and she offered to refund our money, or we could get a new machine.

Dummy me decided to upgrade and a different machine. It got delivered a week ago and the first 4 times that I have used the machine, all was fine - smooth and no noise. Well that ended today - I got on the machine and it started making a clicking sound from the flywheel housing. When I use the machine, I only hear a faint noise, however, when I get off, the clicking sound is back. My husband is attempting to troubleshoot the problem, but if he is not successful, to call Icon service on Monday and I will also be filing a complaint with the FTC - this company should NOT be allowed to be in business... Do yourselves a favor, DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

I purchased a Commercial 12.9 Elliptical machine. Costco swapped the out of stock Proform for the NordicTrack model. The first shipment never made it to me. It was lost and/or damaged. The second shipment arrived about 8 weeks after the order was placed. I used it a couple of times over the coming weeks. Finally ready for my new routine, I jump on machine and it doesn't read my pedaling. After about a dozen resets of the reset switch, it won't boot up to the main menu. The iFit screen loops. I contact support via chat and the tech tells me to use the manual and follow steps on page 33 to adjust the magnet that registers the movement. I finally get to disassemble and adjust and move the piece and put it back together and still the screen loops and doesn't recognize cycling. I call support this time and he tells me the iFit is 'looping' is their technical term. He says he will have to send me a SD card with a new version of the software.

Nine days later I get the SD card with directions that don't apply to my machine. So, essentially still a dead machine. When I called support today, they are shut down for training and to try back later. A really vague message. We are approaching a holiday weekend, so I can just expect several more days of no use. Paid for it in January 2016 and we are now at the end of May, with nothing working. I had an elliptical machine before this one, for 10 years with NO problems. Based on my experience and the others that have posted here, it seems this company is severely neglecting their customers. I wish I would have known these problems before I accepted Costco's product swap offer. Time to write Costco too.

Consumer Increased Rating!

To my surprise the machine arrived on time 17/5/2016 and the truck driver brought it all the way the apartment door (Ground Floor), no visible damage on the box of any sort, took me about 90 minutes to put together but I am used to heavy mechanical work, and I have to admit the machine is solid, all the components are really heavy and the nuts and bolts are huge. Everything you need to assemble it is included except for a Philips screwdriver after I am done assembling it I connected it to wifi and setup the If account (you can use it just fine without it but I had the 1-year subscription in hand).

I gave it a couple of tests and the machine is almost silent except for me huffing and buffing. Now I am morally obligated to upgrade my star rating from 1 to 3 stars for now and if it wasn't for the sneaky way they used to prevent me from returning it I would have given it 5 stars the machine is good and worth its price. That said, it needs an equally good support and service to be considered a good overall purchase.

s. s. of Yorktown, VA on

Original Review

Ordered C 9.5 Elliptical + 1 year iFit subscription ($1163.88) from the NordicTrack.com website on May 7 2016 financed by paypal. Received an order confirmation email with order tracking link few minutes later. Next Monday morning checked the link and found no update or tracking info. Called to cancel after reading so many negative reviews about the machines and the customer care. After half an hour on hold Vicky from finance told me that I can't cancel because the order has already shipped and I will have to pay $199 for the shipping + 10 percent of the machine price for restocking which is another $100. So I have to pay $299 to cancel my order. Told her "how is it shipped" and I didn't receive any notification or tracking info. She said that tracking will show today or tomorrow.

I waited to next day - no email and tracking has nothing. Called again and this time asked about order status. Went through the same waiting time and again Vicky answered and after taking the order number to check she told me: "you have just Placed your order on Saturday. It will take few days before shipping starts and when it ships you will get an email". At that point I realized how bad got screwed. So what she told me yesterday was intentional lie to prevent me from canceling. I know what to expect from here and I will be updating this review as events unfold.

Anyway for everyone else who did the same mistake and ordered from nordictrack.com or proform.com or healthrider.com they are the same company by the way - owned by (ICON Health & Fitness Inc.). The best effective way to deal with such scammers is to: 1 - document everything. 2 - file a complaint with The Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You can also report them to the (Better Business Bureau) but it's a voluntarily accreditation organization and although they are not a member they managed to received 662 complaints in last 3 years.

The FTC is the effective way - https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov. If you get confused on how to classify your complaint with the FTC just call them - they will file it right for you. It's a government agency that get paid from your tax money to help you. If the complaints added up they will hit them with lawsuit. They are the only entity that can take legal action about it and if they detect patterns of fraud and abuse it may lead to investigations and a legal case. https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement. The FTC knows ICON very well. They made them pay $3 Million in civil penalties in sep 2014. Just don't let them get away with such fraud and abuse. I know I won't let them.

I bought a NordicTrack Elliptical 8.7 last year with 5-year warranty to limit downtime. Worked wonderful for 13 months until one morning something broke. I was frustrated knowing for the next week I'd be without a working machine but I called support. They don't send out a tech, they try to diagnose over the phone which is a terrible way to figure out a problem. They order a part and have a tech call me. The tech called and said call him when the part arrives to set up an appointment.

Once it arrives the only times he has in the next few weeks require me to take a day off from work. So on day 16 he comes out and tells me the part ordered was wrong and all I need is a new belt. So he orders that part and says it'll take a week and call him. I get a confirmation email from ICon which is Nordictrack's parent company, saying it's been ordered but after a week I find out from my own complaining that the part was out of stock. Now this is their fault since they let the part be out of stock. They are very unapologetic and tell me in another week the part should be in and then they'll ship it. No guarantee of express shipping.

So in what I would call a best case scenario, 24 days out right now, I will be without the exercise machine that I use daily for at least 6 weeks. No reimbursement, no compensation, no offer to pay for a gym membership, no offer to extend my warranty for the amount of downtime either. Apparently it's my fault they use flimsy parts. Now I wonder how many times this or other issues will disable my machine and how long that will occur. Really poor business practices.

I ordered my elliptical directly from NordicTrack and paid for the White Glove delivery service. Apparently, the first unit arrived damaged to Icon Fitness and they rejected the delivery. No one called me and NT was waiting for the first unit to arrive in order for them to send out the replacement. I only know this because I called NT to get a status. Now my replacement unit has arrived to ICF and they called me to schedule delivery. Unfortunately, they only deliver from 7 am - 4 pm, Monday through Friday. Apparently, I need to burn a vacation day in order to get this delivered to my house. I will update this review once (or IF) I get this delivered. At this point, I am seriously contemplating returning the whole unit but I already have had to make my first month's payment on the financing.

We started our adventure very excited, ordering the 12.7 elliptical elite. The reviews on the machine were great and we took a chance and ordered despite reading many less than stellar reviews of the company itself. Placing the order was simple and that piece was very satisfactory. We chose a 1 year of it subscription, white glove delivery and a 3 year premier service plan. We paid online and all was well. The next day, we received an email letting us know we could take advantage of an additional 3 year service plan and an additional 1 year of it for a reasonable price and we agreed to the additional services. Later that day, Nordic Track over drafted our account by charging us a duplicate amount for both the services and the machine itself. It was a Saturday, so we called and were told we would receive a call back on Monday to resolve the issue. No Call came.

On Tuesday, we called again, were put on hold, and after SIX hours on hold, the second charge was finally removed. We then waited patiently for our machine to arrive. Meanwhile, an additional returned amount of 600+ dollars blipped in and out of our pending transactions, however it went away on its own. About a week or so later, our machine arrived, and we were very excited! This again was on a Saturday. Unfortunately the machine made a loud clicking sound and the delivery team decided to have us refuse the delivery and asked us to detail the issue on their form. Sad news, since we were really looking forward to the machine working that day. The delivery team loaded the machine back onto their truck and drove away.

We called on that day to customer service again that day and were on hold for about 45 minutes, and were again told the team who could handle this issue would call us on Monday. On Monday, we did not receive a call. Around 3 PM, I called the customer service number again and sat on hold for 2 hours to speak with the person who could help me re-order my machine. No one ever answered my call. At this point, I am pretty frustrated, and would like a refund. On Tuesday, (today) I called back and waited on hold for just under 2 hours and finally got to a lady who could process my return, and she let me know that Nordic track could not verify if the machine was actually broken and I would need to decide whether I wanted the same broken machine delivered back to my house so they could review if it was indeed broken, or process my return.

There would be a restocking fee as well as a freight fee as part of that charge. I asked to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor was on another call and could not take my call, however they could waive the restocking fee and I would just need to pay the 198.00 freight fee. My response was not politically correct and the lady threatened to hang up on me. In the end, I wound up having to agree to the 198.00 charge in order to process my refund and it will take about 3 weeks to receive it. I am pretty disappointed in what would be such a promising machine and experience! Be wary, my friends.

We have been trying to get our elliptical repaired for the last 4 months. As many others have wrote, they try to diagnose the problem over the phone. After 2 weeks we received the parts. Then we had to wait to get a technician out who said "you need more parts" which he said he would order. After another 3 weeks we received the parts but the technician would not return any of our calls. Also, Nordic track would do nothing to help with this situation.

Finally after many many calls we got a name of a new technician. He came out and said we needed many more parts to ever get this piece of equipment to work. He ordered them the next day. It has been over a month and no parts plus Nordic track says one part has to come from China and they can't be sure when (if ever) it will come in. I have posted on Nordic tracks's facebook and they do not seem to care if this ever gets taken care of. It has been 4 months and may never be fixed. How can a company stay in business treating people this way?

I have a nordictrack elliptical and have hearing a clanking sound so called them. And without sending out a tech they tried to troubleshoot over the phone. They sent me a huge heavy part then sent a tech out after days of trying to contact them. Tech came, realized the part sent is not the right one. He ordered another part for me, received it, tech took a while to come again. Part couldn't fit, this continued for 3 more times. And I had to call and get mad. And after 3 calls finally this lady customer service understood and sent me more parts. Arrived and guess what, wrong again!!! This has been going on since july and it is now november.

Purchased a NordicTrack elliptical trainer E12.2 in August 2014 for AUD 1,800 (not a cheap machine). A couple of weeks ago, so a little more than a year later, the right roller broke. I couldn't believe it as the rollers are supposed to be the strongest element of the machine (basically bearing the weight of the person while subjected to friction and heat while exercising). Got a replacement from the distributor in Australia (Just Fitness) but a very disappointing experience. Will never buy any NordicTrack product ever again. Now waiting for the left roller to broke.

I purchased a E 16.7 NordicTrack elliptical on September 1, 2014. I developed a balance problem and I just became well enough to start working out. I started working out on the elliptical and set up the TV to watch. I am unable to see the TV screen clearly due to my height. I am 5' 2", my husband is 6'2" and he has no problem viewing the TV. When I called them they said there is no way to adjust the TV screen. Also the elliptical was made for people 5'5". I asked why they didn't ask my height before selling it to me and they said it was my responsibility to know that. Now I've paid $1,599 before taxes and charges for a machine I can't use as it was intended to be used.

I purchased an elliptical trainer and it was defective from the start. There was no support from the store or the company. It was unusable so it was given away. I don't think they ever got it fixed either. Based upon all the negative reviews I don't see why anyone would buy anything that has the Nordic Track name on it. It's a company that takes your money and then tells you to go screw yourself - which is redundant. No need since they took care of that. Their prices are insane given the horrid quality and customer service. Yet they are still in business. Go figure. Seems like this company deserves a healthy dose of what they give. If they don't have the worst quality products and worst support I would be very surprised. Who keeps track of that kind of stuff?

I purchased a NordicTrack elliptical from Sears. I am so glad I did not purchase the extended warranty. I would be even more upset if I paid extra for the worst customer service I have ever experienced. After using my elliptical a half a dozen times, the glider kept coming off the rail on the left side. I submitted a service request via email and rec'd a message back that I would hear back from them shortly.

After 3 days and no contact from them I replied to their email and reminded them that my machine was broken. After another 4 days of no response, I called them. After I troubleshot the machine over the phone with them, it was determined that parts needed to be ordered and shipped to my house. I was told that they had 3 - 5 days to order the parts, the parts would arrive in 7 - 10 days, and then the technician would have another 3 days to schedule a time to fix my machine.

There was no "priority" put on my order to account for the week after I had emailed them that they completely ignored me. I just got a call from the technician, they will be at my house in 3 WEEKS to fix my machine. All in all, I will have been without access to my machine (that was not cheap) for a little over 6 weeks!! I would NEVER buy another one of their products nor would I recommend one either!!!

I emailed NordicTrack (sales @ icon fitness) when or if I could buy an Elite 16.9 elliptical a few times and finally got a reply - well, sort of. Basically, I was told that they only handle parts for NordicTrack equipment and they had no idea when and where a certain piece of equipment would be available. Now there is a response from a company that wants your business. So then I decided to try the "Chat Now" (live chat) and see what answer I could get. I pretty much got the same response as the email and I also asked if they knew who I could contact and his response was a flat "NO." I said I know what brand of fitness equipment I won't be buying and closed the chat. What a company!

We ordered a Nordic Track elliptical from NordicTrack.com. We had to refuse delivery because the machine arrived broken. Nordic Track would not credit our account even though they verified that we refused delivery. This has now been going on for over two months and they will not credit our account until they receive their machine back. We tried dispute the charge on our credit card and they fought that too.

While I was using the elliptical (Nordic Track AudioStrider 990), the left arm tore off at the weld. Was very fortunate that I did not get injured. The machine had less than 60 hours of use. I called Nordic Track and was treated very rudely! I pretty much was told "Tough". Reluctantly, I purchased a new Left Pedal Arm ($150 + shipping). A short time later, the new arm also broke at the weld sending me tumbling to the floor. I would strongly advise never purchasing from NordicTrack.!

I purchased the Nordic Track Elliptical. It was noisy I could not stand to use it. Many months later, I thought I would try it again, and it died. The machine won't even start. I used it maybe 3 times. Waste of $600.

Ordered Elliptical 11.7. Arrived on time. Assembled reasonably. I have previously owned a NordicTrack so I was surprised when it was extremely difficult to pedal at the lowest setting. Called customer support 3 times. Each time got a different response as to what was wrong with the 3rd customer representative telling me that was the way the machine was. Since I was in the 30 day return period I decided to return the machine. That's when the real trouble began. First, there is a $270 restocking/processing fee for returns. Bad enough. Secondly, they send a box with instructions for me to repack the machine. The box is too small and is in the improper orientation (the machine needs horizontal but the box is vertical!). However, I'm told that the trucking will send two workers who will pack the machine as long as I just slip it into the first half (not easy but done). The trucking company then misses the date for pick up (which I had to take a day off from work for). A rescheduled date has the truck show up with only 1 worker who knows nothing about packing up the machine. I now have to take off a third day for another pick up.

At the end of April, I spent $1700 for Nordic Elliptical 16.7 and $300 for service plan. It took a month to get the machine assembled due to a defective part. NordicTrack sent a replacement part (5-10 business days) but without mounting hardware. An additional 5-10 days business days to get the full set of replacement parts needed. However, the original part was attached so that standard tools could not get enough leverage to remove the bolt. A few weeks later, a service tech came. With the machine finally assembled, none of the buttons on the console would respond. After a few more phone calls to NordicTrack where I had to try to troubleshoot the machine, they said they would send out a replacement part. Unfortunately the replacement part was not in stock.

I inquired about the status 2 weeks later and was told it would be another 6 weeks. So maybe my $1700 machine will be ready to use 5 months after purchase. Then again maybe not since at this point my confidence is low. I tried to explain to customer service again that this is getting past the point of frustration and I just keep getting told "sorry". Sorry when you've spent more time talking to NordicTrack over the course of 3 months than using the machine is very frustrating. I am looking at paying someone to come out and tell me what is wrong with my machine. I would not recommend NordicTrack to anyone.

7 years ago I bought an audistrider 990 pro by NordicTrack. This elliptical has a rear flywheel, which is hard to find. I loved my machine. But after 5 years and a lot of use (2 users over 200 pounds daily), the rear flywheel gave out. I was told the replacement part would be $500. Instead of replacing the part I decided to purchase a new machine. Within 6 months I started having the same problem with the new machine as I had with the old. I had purchased a parts and service warranty though.

NordicTrack sent out the same serviceman 6 times. Each time he was completely clueless and just ordered new random parts. After six months of doing this, NordicTrack sent out a second repairman who told me the machine was defective and put in a request for NordicTrack to fix the machine. It's been 4 months and less than 30 hours of use with one order under 200 pounds. The new machine is a piece of junk. It makes a horrendous clunking noise.

Today I called customer service who told me that it is not covers under any warranties. He could make some guesses as to what the parts are that need to be replaced but I have to pay for all the parts and the service fee. You have got to be kidding me. I don't have that kind of money. All I want is an elliptical that works so I can get healthy. I really want to kick myself for getting the machine the second time!!! Do not buy a NordicTrack! The Customer Service department sucks and the equipment is complete junk.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

NordicTrack is known for their trademark skiers, which were introduced over 25 years ago. They have since expanded their lineup to include a variety of cardio equipment, including ellipticals. NordicTrack’s ellipticals are designed for both commercial and home use.

• Commercial series: The Commercial 14.9 and C 12.9 are NordicTrack’s commercial ellipticals. These machines are durable, with added features such as 26 resistance levels, an integrated tablet holder, a sound system and a touchscreen that is iFit enabled. The Mid-mech commercial series ellipticals can work in either a commercial or home setting.
  • SpaceSaver® Design: NordicTrack has several ellipticals with the SpaceSaver® Design, which makes it simple and quick to store the elliptical when it is not in use. Fold your elliptical up or down in one simple step, and easily roll it into a closet or other storage space when your workout is over.
  • 30-day trial: NordicTrack offers customers a full 30 days to try their elliptical at home before returning it for a full refund. Exchanges can also be made within 30 days of receiving your elliptical.
  • FreeStride Trainer: NordicTrack’s FreeStride Trainer offers users a total body workout by combining movements from a treadmill, a stepper and an elliptical. There are three models to choose from, depending on which additional features you prefer. They all feature a web-enabled color touchscreen, and the FreeStride Trainer FS9i has an adjustable decline and incline, ranging from -10 percent to 10 percent.
  • Front and rear drive options: NordicTrack has both front and rear drive ellipticals, so you can choose your elliptical based on the type of movement you prefer during your workout.
  • Best for NordicTrack ellipticals are best for serious trainers and light commercial facilities.

Compare Ellipticals