2.95/5
  • 1 star
Based on 79 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

169 NordicTrack Elliptical Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Don't Purchase From NordicTrack. I decided to purchase an elliptical at the beginning of November. I emailed the company asking for assistance in the decision-making process, but never received a response. I called on Monday, November 13th, and made my purchase with assurance I would receive a phone call to schedule delivery of the machine in two weeks. I also paid $250 extra to have the machine assembled in my home on the day of delivery. I was assured that, since I don't get home from work until 5 PM, the company would have no problem delivering the product after 5 PM.

A few days later, I received a shipping confirmation, but no scheduled delivery call the following week. On November 27th, I called to check the status of my order, and was told I would be contacted on Thursday, November 30th to schedule delivery, but that event never occurred. I called back on Monday, December 4th, and was told the machine would be delivered between 10 AM and 2 PM on Tuesday, December 5th. I explained that I do not arrive home from work until 5 PM, and was assured that would not pose a problem. The person I spoke with said she made a note, and I would be contacted later that day for a new delivery time.

Hours later, I received a confirmation request for the delivery between 10 AM and 2 PM. Again, I called to explain that I needed the machine to be delivered and assembled after 5 PM. The person to whom I spoke stated that no note had been received regarding my call earlier that day, but they would reschedule for later in the week. On Thursday, December 7th, I received a confirmation request to deliver the machine on Friday, December 8th, between 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM. Again, I called to explain that I needed it delivered later, but would take time off work to finally receive the machine. We confirmed delivery would be between 1:30 and 5:30 PM.

Friday, December 8th, I left work early to be certain my machine was delivered and assembled, as scheduled. At 2 PM, I received a call (When I picked up, the woman on the line was screaming/asking, "What am I supposed to tell him?") stating that the delivery/assembly crew would have to reschedule for Tuesday, December 12th. She said they could not guarantee that the delivery could be after 5 PM, but I should expect a confirmation request on Monday, December 11th, then hung up abruptly when I tried to explain the situation. I am at my wits end dealing with NordicTrack, as well as their chosen delivery partners, Guardian Logistics Solutions. I decided that I would like to cancel my order, but NordicTrack cannot be reached because they have shut down services today for training (which is certainly needed).

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I paid in full on a new elliptical machine. I never received the machine. A month later still don't have a delivery date. Contacted NordicTrack. After hour long holds they would hang up on me, tell me it was at delivery company near me and was told to call trucking company. Nobody would answer. Called NordicTrack back. They called shipping company, tell me their computer was broken in the warehouse they were doing inventory by hand. This gave them another 2 weeks. This came and went with no phone call. Called NordicTrack back. Hour long waits again. Was told they will get back to me in 24 - 48 hours, by the end of the week I had not heard anything from them. I have to call my bank and charge them with fraud. This has been the most frustrating experience and it's going on for almost 2 months.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Ordered S elliptical and got treadmill delivered. After that I am trying for past three days to contact them no one responds. Got hold of a representative today and he said he will ensure he will have someone call back but I got no response. So now what do I do with the wrong product?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I purchased this NordicTrack E14.5 Elliptical from Sears store in 2013. It works fairly well and is quiet. However the cons are poor console, and poor reliability. The iFit program is difficult to use and very slow to load. I've had the console electronic board replaced and now the console fan is making a noise and needs to be replaced. Fortunately, I had purchased an 5 year extended protection plan. I would not purchase this product again based on my experience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We recently decided to invest in an elliptical. My husband and I researched until we found a style we would like and commit to. From the start the customer service is a joke. We paid extra for assembly and it took almost 4 weeks for delivery. First delivery can't and box was mangled and then when they tried to pull out that product it was destroyed. I was told I needed to call NordicTrack direct. Another hour wasted on the phone to be told I'd have to wait other 3-4 weeks. Were they apologetic? Absolutely not. 1 month later. Machine is delivered. Half ass installed and the console will not work. Leg and arms have scuffs and this time almost two hours on the phone. At one point on hold for 45 minutes. Here we thought NordicTrack, a reputable company. Not even close. VERY dissatisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Elliptical Machines?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Eliptical E71- Ramp Problems from Day 1 - Great looking machine. Feels good and sturdy. The problem with this machine is that the ramp never works. Technicians were sent to repair twice in the first year. Replaced the console and the ramp motor. Ramp never works consistently. Mostly it doesn't move at all when the ramp buttons are pressed. Ramp doesn't calibrate correctly when manually calibrated. There is probably some problem with the console on these machines that cannot be fixed. This machine is a total lemon. If two technicians can't fix the machine in the first year... what's the point of even continuing trying to have it fixed. There is really no excuse for a company as big as NordicTrack to make a product this bad.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Elliptical is a good buy and reliable but some features lack quality. With it had higher steps, heavier, advanced workouts. Pre-programmed workouts are made for beginners. Entry level. Heart monitor is very inaccurate.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I purchased a NordicTrack e 6.7 elliptical in Dec 2016. I barely used it for the first year I had it as I had to have knee surgery. After recovering in early 2017 I started to begin using it. After a few times, I was unable to adjust the resistance. After a call to customer service, I was told I needed to purchase a new Resistance motor for $115.00. After changing the motor, the problem was still not corrected and I was unable to adjust the resistance at all. I contacted customer service by email and was told that usually replacing the motor fixes the problem, however they would be happy to assist me with trying other parts. Also, I could have a service technician come to my home for $159.00 plus tax. I responded that they must be joking.

So for my 18 month old, hardly used elliptical for which I paid $1000.00, they have asked me to spend $300 just to start with to get it in working condition. The customer service representatives I have dealt with could not care less if my issues have been solved or not. Their only solutions are to continue replacing parts and paying for service calls. I had a NordicTrack product years ago and had no issues with it. After this fiasco with this elliptical, I will never purchase another NordicTrack product!! Run from any NordicTrack product, do your research and buy another brand. I hope this saves someone else from the costly aggravation and lack of customer service I have experienced. I now have a useless product, unless I want to spend almost half or more of what I paid for it new. No way??? BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

This elliptical offers good value for the money and operates smoothly. The only cons are the heart rate monitor is so inaccurate as to be unusable and there is no volume control for the iFit.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I ordered an elliptical (model# NTEL71014). I was promised a 5% discount on the price. The item which was supposed to be shipped in 2 weeks needed a series of phone calls and chat sessions and each time a different story was told. Finally after more than a month, it was eventually shipped and a week later delivered. When I checked my credit card statement, I noticed that no discount was applied and NordicTrack claims no such discount on record. How can you trust a company that makes false promises, claims to have no record later on to dishonor any promises made? I have wasted so much time over the phone and online just to get the item shipped and delivered. Customer support absolutely sucks.

Original review: July 14, 2017

On May 22, 2017 we bought thru Sears online a NordicTrack Elite 10.9 Elliptical with a 5-year warranty from NordicTrack. The 3 delivery guys that put the machine together had never installed one before. They tried but it wasn't right. After over 20 phone calls and over 3 hours on the phone that stretched over the 30 day return period we finally get a service call. Now that it is too late to return the elliptical we are stuck with it. Today July 14th we cancelled our 2 Sears cards and the useless 5-year warranty from NordicTrack. We canceled the service call. The tech that was to show up didn't and somehow the service ticket got signed and not us. "NOT HAPPY!"

Original review: July 1, 2017

I purchased a Freestride Trainer FS7i, had incline problems within the warranty period. First time they helped me get it functioning. Now that it has been the third time the machine will not function at all. I have spent hours trying to resolve this with no help from anyone who obviously knows what they are doing. There is absolutely no recourse. I am starting to believe they want to wear you down so you give up. The story goes on a lot like all the other complaints. I will continue to try to fix this piece of equipment. I have a lot of money in this purchase and I get a great workout when it was functioning. I own Bowflex and Vision Fitness equipment and have never had a problem with them and their service departments. For such a large company like NordicTrack you would think they would do better. This has been an extremely frustrating experience to spend this kind of money and be treated so badly. Believe me I will not give up.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I waited for over 2 weeks for my elliptical to be delivered to my home. So I contacted the shipping department and I was told that the elliptical I ordered they somehow lost it at the warehouse and they had to place a whole new order (I mean I don't get how they would lose a 300-400 pound machine. Really!?). Plus I still have to wait an additional 2-3 weeks for delivery. I told them for the lack of communication and losing my elliptical I should be compensated. The best they could do is only 5% discount. So only 147 will be credited back to my account. I don't feel that 5% would be appropriate after spending almost $3,000 with this company. I would not recommend NordicTrack.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I purchased my C 9.5 Elliptical W IFIT on March 7th 2017 from NordicTrack because I didn't want to purchase a cheap brand from just any store. Also, their website raved about iFit and how I could program my workout routines, my meals, etc. Upon purchasing my elliptical and the first year membership of iFit I received an email from a so-called representative and stated that if I ordered an additional one year membership I would get a huge discount of 50% a saving of $72. I thought "Wow this is great!!" So I said yes. I should have never did this without first getting the actual iFit product and waiting for an additional email that arrived two day later that stated "Great News!! Upgrade your iFit membership to two years for $60."

My troubles being with NordicTrack and Fortiva Credit... I call NordicTrack billing and explain that I was charged $12 extra dollars for the iFit membership. Not a big deal. They tell me that they're going to provide me a credit. That's great!! This was on March 11. On March 13th I receive my elliptical and OMG!! Trying to put it together was a nightmare but we did it. I honestly can say I could have gone to any store and purchased an elliptical for a better value and saved myself a lot of money. The iFit isn't that great!! In logging into their site it's the most outdated system I've seen. When you log your meals it doesn't separate per day and it continues as a list. Also, the iFit band that they send you for free is cheap and doesn't even track your steps correctly. So I went out and purchased a Fitbit to make sure that I was correct that the iFit wasn't logging my steps correctly and I have to say that I love my FITBIT!!

On March 17th I called the NordicTrack customer service (1 hour 35 minute wait) to ask them to cancel two year membership to iFit and to credit my Fortiva account ($219.08 since I never received the $12 credit as well). They once again stated no problem and that I should see a credit on my account in my April statement. April statement comes no credit. Call Fortiva they tell me no credit was put through. OK. Call NordicTrack (1 hour 15 minute wait) customer service gives me the runaround that they are working on my credit but I should see it soon. So I call Fortiva again at the end of April again NO CREDIT. They have no clue!! I call NordicTrack again and this time I demand to speak to supervisor. I explain what happen to the supervisor and she seemed to understand. She stated that she would fix it so that I would see a credit on my May bill. Get my May bill NO CREDIT. Call again this time I ask to speak to someone in billing.

I speak to a representative called Jan. I once again explain what credit needs to go to my account. She says she'll take care of it and that she'll email me. Well she did but once again she indicates in her email that the amount that NordicTrack charged me was correct. OMG!! I canceled the iFit. All they need to do is credit me the $219.08. So I printed out my invoice, I did the math for them, and emailed Jan the invoice with my notes... Maybe to them that amount isn't a lot of money but to me it is and I'm not paying for a product that CANCELED back in March.

Horrible company!! If I could have shipped back that elliptical I would have... but in order to do so you have to take it all apart and put it back in the original box... HAHAHA!! That box falls apart as you take each piece out. OR you need to get a box big enough to fit everything in there safely and that it's secure. This was the worst $1000.00 investment I ever made!!!

Original review: May 10, 2017

NordicTrack maintains its same position so it doesn’t require setup or tear down. Assembly initially was time consuming but is only necessary when moving the machine. Takes up a lot of space and not friendly for having children in the house. A more compact model would be preferred. Doesn’t have as good of tracking systems for calories burned, but easy to use, not hard on muscles or joints. Makes working out go quickly and is enjoyable. Good customer service. Attractive and sleek design that looks good in the home.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I love the built, quality, functionality and the 10 inch web color touchscreen of this NordicTrack elliptical machine. This really helps me and it is an excellent distraction during a tough session. The setup appeared pretty simple although I didn’t personally do the job. As for operating the machine I find it very user friendly. I love every workout session.

Original review: May 7, 2017

Setting up NordicTrack was a complete downfall for this system. It took me 2 days because on day one I got so frustrated I had to walk away. However, operating the machine is easy. You can adjust almost every setting. It shows you how far you've walked and how many calories you've burned in the time you've been working out. I've never had a problem with any of the screens on my machine. All the features except heart rate work well and there are no cup holders. Plus, sometimes it requires unplugging the machine and restarting it completely in order for it reset. Instead of when you hit off and get off the machine. I also don't like the automatic boot up when the feet areas start moving. Because my child will crawl on them and I'll find that the machine has been on all night because no one turned it off.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I think NordicTrack is very easy to use. If you want to use one of the 6 programs you can do so at the touch of a button. Some machines hurt my knees but this one does not. I like the different options for the preset programs. They make working out easy because it changes the grade automatically. The fan is also nice and it is adjustable so you don't have to have it blowing right on you. The pads on the handles are very nice and soft. I wish there was a spot to put my water bottle. It does have two storage spots but they are not big enough for water bottle but are great for phone or iPod.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I purchased the A.C.T. 10 Commercial Elliptical on a "50% off special". On delivery day, the driver called to say that I needed to meet him at a parking lot--in town and along his route-- that was large enough for a semi to pull in. Asked him why this was so. He said that I lived on a street that is inaccessible to large vehicles. We decided to rendezvous at a location some 4 miles away and on the main drag. And sure enough, he showed up with a full-size tractor-trailer. Luckily I had a minivan large enough--with the back seats recessed--to squeeze the huge box into my vehicle. And when I got home, my wife and I struggled to get it into our common room. So much for door-step delivery.

The machine is plenty heavy so grandma can never move it, but what do you expect for commercial quality? It took me about 2 hrs to put the thing together. This was okay. I didn't want to spend another plus $100 for set-up. I also took my time because I did not want to make a mistake. Once it was all together and plugged in, it ran well... except for a clunking, then knocking sound with every revolution. I called customer service, and after listening to horrible Muzak for over 40 minute, a sweet-sounding lady tried to help before fully hearing me out.

I tried to tell her what the problem was, but she was convinced that she understood and would send my upgraded replacement spacers for both sides of the crank attached to the flywheel. I didn't think that was the issue, but she convinced me the new parts would take care of the problem. Many other customers complained for the same issue (or so she believed).

NOW FOR THE FUN PART: I received the replacement spacers within a week. But when I opened the small package and read the 3-page manual, I realized that it was a job totally for a technician's visit. First I had to lift the pedal arms to tie them secure to the handrails before sliding the covers for the arm links to remove 4 bolts with nuts in order to disconnect the arms... in order to remove the crank covers so as to eventually remove the cranks by unbolting them from the crank bracket... before putting it all together again after replacing the spacers. Sounds easy, right?

Added to this was that the nuts and bolts were so torqued (tightened) that I had to go to the hardware store to purchase a 2-ft 3/4 inch zinc pipe for torquing leverage in order to break the nuts loose. Pipe cost all of $6. (In all fairness, the instructions did suggest to rent a torque wrench from the hardware store). Now the insult to injury happened when I got the entire thing disassembled, but only to discover that the spacers were THE SAME AS THE REPLACEMENTS. IDENTICALLY! So there. An easy self-help fix. The problem was not the crank, but the mechanism in the housing where the handle arms connect to the link arms at the front. (But "You don't know what you want, I do!" would not give me a fighting change to fully explain over the phone.)

Now the machine continues to clunk knock along. So far haven't been able to get through to customer service again, even as I'm tortured with horrible Muzak. But otherwise, you can still get a decent workout... as long as you're good with "clunk knock, clunk knock, clunk knock..." Oh by the way, you'll also need a block of wood (or something similar) to wedge the crank so that it doesn't continue to rotate while you bear your entire weight down on the skittish crank nut. Maybe 8x8x12. Also a Philips screwdriver, HEAVY DUTY hex-set, a rubber mallet, a wrench and a ratchet set with 9/16 and 3/4 sockets, and old rags (to save your exercise mat or flooring being gouged by the loose shorter link arm still connected to the crank during the whole process). Doesn't hurt to also have some white lithium or WD-40 Silicone lube on hand to put the link arms back together.

Also wear light/gardening gloves when doing this. The links could really pinch if you don't. Also put the link arm rubber sleeve on the longer side (with the closed side facing the front) before bolting the links together. Finally, consider this a two-person job. I'm mechanically inclined and could pull this off by myself. There! Who needs a technician's visit, right? At least that seems to be NordicTrack's mantra. Can't say that I didn't warn you. GOOD LUCK!! NordicTrack is the worst and I will NEVER EVER purchase anything again from this company.

Original review: May 5, 2017

It was quite nice having somebody assemble NordicTrack for us, but it did not look difficult. I enjoy the NordicTrack because it links to phone, can use iFit. I love how you can follow different tracks on the godlike system they use on the NordicTrack, burns good calories, easy on the knees. I can honestly say that there is nothing about the NordicTrack that I do not like. If I had to suggest one I would suggest this elliptical to everyone that I know.

Original review: May 4, 2017

NordicTrack is quite simplistic to utilize, whether it be for an experienced or a beginner exercise equipment user. I like the varying degrees of intensity and levels of difficulty the elliptical possesses. Depending on who is currently utilizing the piece of equipment at any given time, he/she can alter the settings to their level of comfort or potential goals they have in at that particular point in time. However, I would appreciate very much an option to increase or decrease the range of motion, more specifically the amount or limitations of the possible incline/decline function(s). Great cardio piece of equipment.

Original review: May 2, 2017

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE/ REALLY POOR DELIVERY!! I paid almost $2,000 to have an elliptical delivered. They had issues taking the money out and their delivery tracking is weird. No one at the company seems to know anything so it's almost pointless to call and ask them anything. I spent many different time on hold for at least 45 min each time. I had the machine delivered, which took two weeks, and it was broke, damaged in shipping. I had them return it. They took another two weeks to bring out another machine that was again broke. I wanted to cry out of anger. I knew I would have to spend ANOTHER 45 min on the phone. When I finally asked for a refund they said it would be 3-4 weeks!!! NEVER AGAIN!! Beware of this company even if their products have good reviews. You need to pray and hope it gets delivered in one piece and never breaks on you!

Original review: April 29, 2017

NordicTrack's very easy to set up which can be completed by one person. Moving the equipment from place to place requires some heavy lifting but the attached wheels make moving it easier. I'd prefer if it had larger display, different exercise preset modes for easier exercise, built monitor for different scenes while exercising to provide more input, and internet capable that can connect to online exercise classes. However, I like the smooth operation, distance, speed, calorie and carbohydrate counter, time clock, fan built into the unit, and angle for incline and decline. Great exercise machine and durable.

Original review: April 28, 2017

NordicTrack is very easy to use. The initial set up was fine and now there is no additional set up needed to use it. There are a few things that I like about it overall as a regular piece of equipment that I use. Like the fact that there are various settings to adjust both the resistance and the angle. It does take up a lot of space. However, there isn't much to improve really as it works quite well like it is intended to.

Original review: April 27, 2017

This is the worst purchase I have made in the last five years. The C9.5 is cheaply built with one of the smallest and least capable screens in the industry. I have excellent internet connectivity in my house; but to the NordicTrack, it is sketchy. The heart rate monitor only operates at rest, and according to the NordicTrack Customer Service, requires you to hold on for 90 seconds, then gives you three readings, only the 3rd of which is at all accurate. The foot pads have no outside edge, so your feet naturally slip off of the pads. I am constantly having to readjust my feet back onto the pads so that I don't slip off and break a leg.

The NordicTrack Customer Service is unable to help with any of these issues because as they stated, that's the way it's built, and there is no way to address these issues. I am looking forward to the day this thing wears out so that I can replace it with a real piece of exercise equipment. I will never buy another NordicTrack piece of equipment, and highly recommend that you do not either.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Setting up NordicTrack after purchase was not an easy task especially for one person. It was/is a very heavy piece of equipment that is not easily moved and it takes up a lot of space. I don't like the exposed grease (although it is clear) on the front gliders. They tend to collect dust and dirt and do not look very attractive. I did not have my machine for long when it started making a clunking sound. The back part is enclosed making it difficult to try to diagnose the issue. However, I like that it has a fan built into the machine. I also like that it has several programs you can choose from when doing a workout. The machine is easy to use and is pretty stable allowing for a good workout.

Original review: April 26, 2017

NordicTrack is dependable… smooth. Quality product has lots of workouts. I have had very good luck with this company and its history of producing anything other than a quality product and try to make it more affordable to the masses instead of the more privileged. Also, I would make it more user friendly. Have basic instructions on screen in layman terms. It was fairly easy but I am tech savvy… It helps to know your physical needs or limitations. When initial set up is attempted, put it to desired location, plug it in, set up profile and goals in RM has avail. Worth it totally.

Original review: April 25, 2017

NordicTrack is rather large, bulky and difficult to move. I would improve the size so I can have more workout machines in my home. Also, the pieces were hard to put together and took a lot of time. However, it is extremely easy to use and worth the effort of putting together. It has a touch screen which shows real trainers and is good for motivation. It is also able to go up and down while still moving which makes the workout harder and burns more calories.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I like the touchscreen that is web enabled that I can track my workouts, change my incline, track my heart rate calories burned, etc and can connect my tablet to track everything. I can sync with my fitness apps to track my progress and better meet my fitness goals, it's perfect. I like the incline adjustment to customize how I want to workout each time. I also like that it's not super huge compared to some models which really saves space in our small home.

I'm fairly pleased so far with the model I own. The only thing was the initial assembly and set up was kind of a huge pain. It really takes at least people and there are many steps with several small pieces and screws. After you get past the initial assembly and set up, the machine is rather easy to operate. Ellipticals are pretty self explanatory and easy to operate once you're familiar with them. So day to day operations are a piece of cake, there's no hassle or steps you really need to take to just workout with one. They're one of my favorite machines.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I have had my elliptical for almost 10 years and it is used for exercise and physical therapy, by my husband. Almost 7 months ago it broke, and when I got a thing to renew my warranty that same week I renewed and called about repair. First they told me I had to take it apart and troubleshoot with them to find the parts, then they would order them and set up a technician to come install them. The technician called 2 days later and gave me a number to call when the parts got in. When the parts arrived I call and a couple days later he called back, said he could come on Saturday, but I had my nephew's birthday party. He said his colander wasn't with him and he would call back to set a time. After over a month of my trying to call him and not getting return calls the warranty department said they would contact the manager of Out Of The Box, which turned out to be the subcontractor, and they would call.

When she called she tried to give me the same man's number and I had to explain again what was going on. She finally found someone else and he did come out within a week. This technician told me the other one had done this to several people and had been fired. Then after checking my machine he didn't have the tools needed to take it apart. He came back a few days later and after taking it apart said the parts we had weren't what was needed. I now needed bearings and a crankshaft. Then he said it really would be better to not bother fixing it, but did tell me the parts needed and left.

I ordered those parts and the bearings came in but not the crank, so I called and was informed it was back ordered. Three weeks later I finally got an answer that they had no idea when it would be in, so would check if they could get approval to sub out the same part from another model and would email me the next Monday. Waited three extra days in case it was a system problem then called back. The approval had been given, but no one bothered to order it until I called back.

When the part came in I called again to get a technician out and waited for Out Of The Box to call back. Three days later had to call again and was told the service manager would call and let me know why no one called and set up an appointment. Still no return call, so I called and ranted a little and the warranty department had a manager email Out Of The Box. Two days later, today in fact, I got a call it was the first technician who had apparently not been fired and he could only come out on Saturdays. When I told him that that was the only day that isn't good for me for the next three months he said if I wouldn't change my schedule he would have to hand it over to someone else. Now I have to wait another two or three days for another call.

I have been trying to get this machine fixed for about six months and still am getting the runaround. They have not given me an order number and every time I call I get a different person and have to explain it all over again. I paid for the extended warranty when I bought the machine and an extension for the labor warranty and still can't get it fixed. I would never buy NordicTrack again, another company might be willing to fix the machine they make instead of charging people and expecting them to do it themselves.

NordicTrack Elliptical Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

NordicTrack is known for their trademark skiers, which were introduced over 25 years ago. They have since expanded their lineup to include a variety of cardio equipment, including ellipticals. NordicTrack’s ellipticals are designed for both commercial and home use.

• Commercial series: The Commercial 14.9 and C 12.9 are NordicTrack’s commercial ellipticals. These machines are durable, with added features such as 26 resistance levels, an integrated tablet holder, a sound system and a touchscreen that is iFit enabled. The Mid-mech commercial series ellipticals can work in either a commercial or home setting.

• SpaceSaver® Design: NordicTrack has several ellipticals with the SpaceSaver® Design, which makes it simple and quick to store the elliptical when it is not in use. Fold your elliptical up or down in one simple step, and easily roll it into a closet or other storage space when your workout is over.

• 30-day trial: NordicTrack offers customers a full 30 days to try their elliptical at home before returning it for a full refund. Exchanges can also be made within 30 days of receiving your elliptical.

• FreeStride Trainer: NordicTrack’s FreeStride Trainer offers users a total body workout by combining movements from a treadmill, a stepper and an elliptical. There are three models to choose from, depending on which additional features you prefer. They all feature a web-enabled color touchscreen, and the FreeStride Trainer FS9i has an adjustable decline and incline, ranging from -10 percent to 10 percent.

• Front and rear drive options: NordicTrack has both front and rear drive ellipticals, so you can choose your elliptical based on the type of movement you prefer during your workout.

• Best for: NordicTrack ellipticals are best for serious trainers and light commercial facilities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs