Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.73/5

NordicTrack has been manufacturing exercise training and home fitness equipment since 1975. Its extensive line of products includes treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, strength machines and rowers, many of which come with a one-year membership to iFit, NordicTrack’s live and interactive training program. The company includes free shipping on select models and 0% APR financing for 36 months. If you’re not satisfied with your home exercise equipment, NordicTrack accepts returns within 30 days, though it may charge a shipping and restocking fee.

NordicTrack Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

NordicTrack offers the best of both worlds with in-home training, on-demand workouts and adjustable resistance levels. While fully loaded models are expensive, the company sells entry-level options for less than $1,000.

PROS

• Google Maps technology
  • 10-year warranty on equipment frame
  • Live interactive training

CONS

• Limited models with Bluetooth audio
  • High shipping costs & restocking fees

Top NordicTrack Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

My husband and I purchased the X22i last year and we love it. The IFit Trainer that comes with the purchase the first year is probably one of the main reasons we love this treadmill and use it daily. I actually look forward to getting on my treadmill every day after a long day at work. I recommend t

Im very happy with this bike. Exceeded my expectations. I was worried that it would have too much of a spin bike feel, but it rides like a road bike. With the video I can ride so much longer than my old Lifecycle. I would recommend this to any rider in the market for a bike like this. Better price t

What is NordicTrack?

NordicTrack manufactures a variety of fitness equipment that can be used in your home. Its treadmills carry more than 16,000 on-demand iFit workouts with Google Maps technology that lets you experience what it’s like to run in locations across the world. Select models come with low-impact tread, Bluetooth connectivity and self-cooling vibration systems that make exercising at home a more enjoyable experience.

The company’s bikes, ellipticals, strength equipment and rowers offer similar performance with on-demand classes, resistance training controls and AutoBreeze workout fans. Many models include a touchscreen with intuitive controls that follow your movements and adjust to every stride and target specific muscles.

NordicTrack offers a 10-year warranty on the frame of its equipment, a two-year warranty on parts and a one-year warranty on labor. Below is an overview of key features included in each:

Treadmills
NordicTrack offers its T-Series treadmills for commercial and personal use. NordicTrack’s treadmills come with the following features:
  • 16,000+ on-demand iFit workouts
  • Live interactive training
  • Dial to control tread and maximize cushioning or simulate real road conditions
Bikes
NordicTrack has multiple series of exercise bicycles, including the Grand Tour Series, Recumbent Series and Upright Series. Bicycle features include:
  • On-demand classes
  • One-on-one virtual training
  • Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) for smoother movement
Ellipticals
NordicTrack has three different series of ellipticals: the FreeStride Trainer, the Front Drive and Rear Drive. Elliptical features include:
  • Up to 10-inch SmartHD touchscreens
  • Intuitive adjustments that follow your workout and stride
Rowing machines
NordicTrack offers rowers in three different series: the RW200, the RW500 and the RW900. Rower features include:
  • Dual-resistance digital and air training
  • 26 resistance levels
  • SpaceSaver design
Strength training
In addition to its traditional workout equipment, NordicTrack offers strength training accessories, like:
  • Utility benches
  • Dumbbells
  • Speedweights
  • Skiers

Nordictrack price

NordicTrack machines start at $799 for entry-level bikes and rowers. A premium exercise machine from NordicTrack typically costs between $1,000 to $3,000 and includes live-resistance controls, a 10-inch touchscreen and the capability to stream workouts. Pricing for NordicTrack’s bestsellers are listed below:

ModelCost
Commercial X11i Treadmill$2,249
Commercial S22i Studio Cycle$1,999
RW500$999
Fusion CST$2,299
FS10i$2,999

NordicTrack iFit membership cost

All models include a complimentary one-year iFit membership, a $468 value. The immersive fitness experience lets you simulate exercising in unique and dazzling locations, including Moab, the Grand Canyon, Thai beaches or Tour de France stages. In addition to its virtual training, you can access the iFit coach app, which lets you get customized workout schedules, meal plans and sleep tracking.

NordicTrack FAQ

Are NordicTrack treadmills any good?
NordicTrack is one of the most popular manufacturers of exercise equipment. Its treadmills are a favorite of many trainers.
Which is the best NordicTrack treadmill to buy?
The best NordicTrack treadmill for you varies based on your personal preference, needs and the amount of space available in your home.
Is NordicTrack sold in stores?
Yes, NordicTrack is sold in many national stores, including Dick’s Sporting Goods, Amazon and Best Buy. Product selection may vary by store.
Where is NordicTrack located?
NordicTrack is headquartered in Logan, Utah.

Are NordicTrack treadmills good?

Fitness enthusiasts who like to work out at home enjoy NordicTrack’s selection of exercise products. Its iFit membership makes it easy to vary your daily workout and keeps it fun with Google Maps locations and terrains. The company sells space-saving models, but be sure to consider your available space before purchasing one. Although some models are pricey, we think NordicTrack’s robust features and variety of training programs are suitable for many people.

NordicTrack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I like the brand and available functions that are in the devices. We had a second child. Since I started using NordicTrack again, it has been going great. I have a treadmill and one of their bikes. The iFit came with them for a year. And then I just had to renew it this month. However, it’s a pain finding what I want. I can't do a proper search for walks or jogs. My second complaint would be that when I'm in the middle of a jog, my pace that the machine sets me at is nowhere near parallel to what the guy on the screen is doing. So when I'm jogging through Chile and we're going through a landscape that's parallel to a river and then it leads into the mountains there, it has me at an incline of 10 or 11 and this guy is going up a very gentle slope. It's a backbreaker at that point. It does not match what the workout is supposed to be, which would be a medium workout. Not a "You're about to have a heart attack-kill yourself," kind.

That was specifically a part of a training program where you come in at one level of fitness and at the end of it, you're supposed to be able to be doing something even greater. But at the pace that it's trying to set for the user, it's near impossible to actually follow along without having to reduce your speed and or incline. I’ve already sent in some suggestions on feature changes for the treadmill. But their response was, "Well, we don't have any of those in scope right now so we're not gonna look at those." But other than that, the bike has been great and my endurance is improving.

Get buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Without the iFit, I’d just ditch my NordicTrack treadmill in the garbage even though it’s amazing. The iFit makes it, otherwise, it’s just another really nice looking treadmill. The workout variety is fantastic. And I’ve noticed that they’re adding more walking ones, which is critically important because people like me who are handicapped can’t run and climb giant mountains all the time. Even if it’s a running one, you could just physically walk, which I love. I hope they keep adding other ones that are more kind of walking and gentle hikes. But it’s great.

Purchasing and ordering from NordicTrack was great and easy. The only feedback I’d give to them and to the people as well from ICON is on the app that they use on the website that you use to chat. It does like a pop-up thing to chat on. And on my iPhone, if I accidentally rotated my phone, the chat part that popped up where you talk back and forth would shrink super small and there was no way to resize it again. I talked for like 20 minutes to the guy, and then all of a sudden, I couldn’t see the screen. And so, I had to disconnect and reconnect and talk to somebody else. The app experience wasn’t great, but the product experience has been great.

The machine is very smooth. I like the controls. I feel it’s very disabled-friendly, at least for me, and the screen itself is beautiful. It would be nice if there was a little bit more control over the brightness of the back screen on the screen only because I live in Florida and so it’s bright, and what’ll happen is it’ll wash out the screen itself, so I wouldn’t be able to see it very well. I had to put up blackouts on my window so that I could see it clearly all the time.

One of the cool features that I accidentally found out was let's say you’re on 2 and you wanna go to 2.5, they do have one button that goes up .1 at a time, but I didn’t know it did. If you press 2 and then 5, it just goes to 2, 5, which was really nifty, versus having to hit, go up 1,1,1,1,1. So, that was a neat feature but the documentation wasn’t very good on that.

Another thing is they could put buttons on the model I have at least. Mine comes with the ski handles. I can’t do it myself, but it comes with the ability to kind of cross-country ski. What would be amazing is if they put controls kinda like you do in your car when you reach behind the steering wheel there and you push the little button to change the radio station. Because if you’re doing a certain walk, a hike or the skiing, and you’re in the middle of doing that, it’s hard to let go and reach down to push the buttons that are literally 2 feet below where your hands are and continue your workout. So, if they were able to put some buttons up there that you could just be like, “Okay, go faster, go slower, lower the incline,” so you don’t have to interrupt your workout, that would make it that much better.

I’ve told people about NordicTrack. Unfortunately, because it is expensive, it is a commercial model, I don’t have a lot of friends who can afford. But I tell everybody, “If you can, save up and buy one.” I send people pictures and the videos while I’m on it. The unit itself is the best investment I’ve made for my health and my disabled abilities in my life. And I use it a lot after my surgeries. It’s a great machine. In summary, the purchase, the delivery and setup were very simple and streamlined. The product capabilities surpass anything else I’ve seen on the market, which is why I chose that product. For somebody who is looking for high-end fitness capabilities or for somebody, who like myself, needs help after years of surgeries on and off, it’s the perfect machine to facilitate those points in your life.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

NordicTrack had good equipment which is similar to some of the other stuff out and then, they have a 0% interest finance option. I ended up getting three units from them and each one came with a year iFit membership, so I got three years' worth. We have good credit and our purchase went through TD Bank, who financed it and it went smoothly.

The installers came in and set the machine up. There was a bunch of screws still in the treadmill after the guy was done with setting it up. They completely put it together wrong. There were plastic pieces over the top of other ones where you could tell it wasn't supposed to be like that. So, I ended up taking most of the thing apart and then redoing it on my own but it wasn't a big deal. It took me an hour or two. There were some screws that I was missing that they obviously have not put in. They either took them or lost them so, I called NordicTrack and they sent me a whole new screw kit for it.

I use iFit when I use the strength trainer and on the treadmill, I don't like people talking to me and I don't like it adjusting on its own while I run, so I do manual. But my wife does the programs for the treadmill and the different fitness routines. We like it and it seems like they're constantly adding new runs and content. The strength trainer had a screen built in and so does the bike. The strength trainer has a tablet that connects to the machine through Bluetooth and that little tablet broke within a week or two. NordicTrack sent me quickly a replacement for that.

When I initially signed up for iFit, I was supposed to have three years' worth. I called the iFit customer service up because they only had one year on my account. So, they went and increased it to three. I had two other issues and the regular customer service quickly helped me get them resolved. I have read some reviews online that it takes forever to get a hold of them but I was on hold for only a few minutes before getting to them, so I had positive customer service experiences from them.

I like NordicTrack’s equipment and their price. I wasn't gonna pay Peloton five grand for a bike. The bike I got from NordicTrack was 1,000 and in addition to that, because I bought three of them, they gave me an additional discount and decreased the amount. Then, they decreased the price of the warranty to get extended service warranty on all of them for 5 or 10 years so I could get it all financed under 5K. They were nice, easy to work with and flexible. If you're buying multiple units, they'll negotiate with you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I purchased a NordicTrack in July and the iFit membership came with it. I’ve got two machines here. It’s good. I’m very active on the Facebook official iFit member page and there’s a lot of improvements that Icon Fitness could make to the consoles quite easily and continue to drag their feet on that, like a searchable feature. When I schedule workouts, it’s very challenging to go into the machine, and/or go onto the website. If you schedule a series, like a series of 12, and it’s part 1, part 2, part 3, the digits on the console are only so many long, and the digits on the website are only so long. So, if you skip a day and need to make up for it, you can’t see which one to put on. There’s a lot of frustrating things that they could really make some improvements on, but I do love iFit.

The delivery was a disappointment in that two machines that I ordered, both machines arrived damaged. There was a lack of communication between NordicTrack, the one that hauled it and the local delivery carrier. And I ended up having to take the reins and get it all fixed. And so, they had to reship. I did not get shipping confirmation. I basically had to trace down the machines. And if it weren’t for the kindness of the local delivery company, that probably would have been a really bad experience. And then, the guys they sent to do the white glove service had never put a machine together before. They almost ripped up my walls and they almost dropped it going up the stairs.

I had to go get the equipment, tie-downs to hold the treadmill together, so it didn't fly and hit my wall again. So, I had to go to my garage and go find tie-downs to get them. And then, they left. They took all the boxes and the key to the treadmill, so I couldn't use my treadmill. It wouldn’t work for safety reasons without the key. I called up the delivery company. They said they searched the box, they couldn’t find it, so they blamed it on iFit that it wasn’t included in the packaging. So, I had to call iFit. I was on hold for an hour and they finally said, “Let’s send you a new one.” I asked if they can expedite it since I can’t use my machine. They said sure. So, they gave it five to seven days shipment instead of 10-day ground.

My experience could’ve been better. I didn't get to use my machine for two more weeks and I felt I had two weeks of iFit free that got wasted because I couldn't turn the machine on. It would be fantastic if they could just send an email to their user any time a new series is published with a link to it because right now, I’m relying on Facebook to find out when a new series is created. To me, I shouldn’t have to rely on another user. It would be great if NordicTrack or Icon Fitness would just send their user the link every time a new series is published, and then you can just click on the link and schedule it on your machine right there instead of relying on social media for that. That would be fantastic if they could make the console searchable because right now, you just have to scroll, scroll, scroll, and just tons of text.

I wish they can make the console searchable where you can actually go search for the keyword, “Australia,” or search for a walking series, or search for a certain trainer. Right now, I rely on social media. I have posts saved to Facebook and I look at them, and I click on that person’s link that they graciously included to schedule my workouts. They're competing with Peloton and Peloton has them beat on this whole customer service and user-friendliness. If they can do that, they can beat Peloton. And they don't have the best hours in the wait times to get to the humans. With NordicTrack or Icon, it’s tremendously long and there’s a frustration level with all their users. They don't work on weekends. They're on mountain time, but they don't realize that a lot of their users don’t live on mountain time. So, there’s just a lot of improvements that could be made from a customer service standpoint.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I like the NordicTrack treadmill. I wish the iFit program is a little bit more user-friendly, though. I wish it's a little bit more like the Peloton app. With that app, it’s my understanding that it’s got strength training workouts on it and then you can take that to the gym. Whereas, with the iFit program, it’s just on the treadmill. So, even when you’re in the middle of a run or a walk and they do lunges and stuff, even to get off the treadmill, I can’t see. I can’t follow along. So, I wish that was different. But as far as the programs while you’re using the treadmill, they're fine.

The purchasing process went fine, but I had an issue with delivery. I bought it after the 4th of July, so it was not a holiday. And they said it’d be delivered in two or three weeks, and mine was double the amount of time. I kinda live in the middle of nowhere, so I was okay with that. I did not pay for setup, but when it was delivered, the guys that delivered it did not speak English, which again was fine. But they had a rental truck, and they dropped it out of the back of the rental truck and dragged it along the streets up into the driveway. The box was mangled, and there were pieces broken on the treadmill. I would not have accepted delivery of it but I could not communicate with them to tell them that it was unacceptable.

I’ve started putting it together and there was a couple of plastic pieces that were broken, and I thought that’s not a big deal. But one of the main metal parts of the treadmill was bent, and that did not happen in the delivery process. That was a fault of wherever it came from because that was metal and it was in where the TV screen is. When I called NordicTrack, it was gonna be another four weeks for that piece to get delivered because it was out of stock. So, by that time, I had kinda had it. I didn’t even want it anymore. After a lot of back and forth, they agreed to send me a new one, and then they had someone come and pick it up, but I still had to pay for setup. They split the setup fee with me. The guy they sent to pick up my treadmill came by himself. I and my son had to help him get it out of the house. So, it was kind of a process from beginning to end. I was not very happy with that.

Everybody I dealt with at NordicTrack was very helpful. It’s just that the last person that we talked with was not quite as helpful. And by that time, I was frustrated, my husband was frustrated, and so we were not the nicest customers to deal with at that point. I tried to stay polite and positive with people. I don’t like to be a bearcat right off the bat but we probably were. And so, the representative was probably pretty demented with us as well.

I was happy that they took the old treadmill and gave us a new one. I was relieved about that, and the next people who delivered it were super good, friendly and helpful. They made sure it worked. The first delivery company was awful. I’ve dealt with the same company both times. I could never get a hold of them by email or by phone. And every time that they would call me, they would only come to my area one day a week. I would recommend highly that NordicTrack use a different delivery company out here in the Midwest. Those guys are horrible.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I purchased a new S22i Studio Cycle from NordicTrack. It arrived a month later than they had promised and then after paying for their white glove install that they did not perform I put the cycle together. It will not turn on at all. I have spent weeks going back and forth with their service department asking for videos showing that my cycle doesn't work and wanting me to tear apart the bike to get to the motherboard and show them that it won't turn on at all. After being extremely frustrated and sick of not having a cycle that worked I decided to return it. Now they want to charge me $700 for shipping and restocking fees to return the cycle that never would turn on from the very beginning. I am beyond frustrated with this experience and hope that others do not have to go through the experience I have had with NordicTrack. I strongly recommend that you go with a different cycle than deal with this company. It is horrible.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I did a lot of research before deciding to order one of the incline trainers. People loved the machines when they did work, but the most common complaint was that their customer service was so horrible it was painful. I thought hard about it, and we decided that most people probably don't write reviews when they're happy with a product and service, so hopefully as a company they weren't that bad. Oh, how wrong I was. I have never had an experience so convoluted, unorganized, lacking in communication and just overall ridiculous.

I purchased the item we wanted on August 10, got an email two days later saying it was slightly delayed but would ship by the end of August. I'd read that shipments were running very slowly, so I was prepared and waited until mid October and still nothing. I finally chatted on the site with someone who said there was an inexplicable processing delay and she would forward it to a supervisor and have it fixed asap. She said they were in stock so it should ship within day. I gave them a week and still nothing.

I called in and spoke with a man who said once again there was an unclear delay in processing but everything was fine. At this point, he said he could cancel the order, so I had him do that thinking I will place a new one once I was sure it was really canceled and there'd be no issues with my financing. A month later, there a weird $651 charge showing on my account and financing can't figure it out and the Nordic Track people suddenly can't find my account even with the order number. OMG.

So just don't buy from them ever. Odds are you won't get anything but hours of wasted time, and lord help you if you do get one and something does wrong, because they do not have a clue as to what they are doing. I can't even be angry because it feels like a joke at this point as I sit on hold for hour 2 with my 5th person.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Purchased an Elliptical machine online. Unit arrived and could not be assembled due to a bent frame. It took me over 6 hrs on hold, being transferred around between customer service and billing/returns to generate a return. NordicTrack shipping pickup company EFW Home returns agreed to a pickup date/time. Two days later a different company called and said EFW had sold them the contract to pick up the machine...but that they would not pick up a disassembled machine (NordicTrack promised that it would be picked up as is!!). It has been a week and I cannot get EFW Home to give me a new pick up date/time (after 3 calls to them).

Today I called NordicTrack Billing/Returns and they said they would escalate the complaint. Meanwhile I will not get my money back until I take a picture of the machine in the back of the shippers truck and send it to them. If I don't do that NordicTrack said they would not give me my money back for yet another 30 days. I have asked my Bankcard bank to retrieve my money from NordicTrack. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM NORDICTRACK AGAIN. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I would have given them "0" stars but it is not possible to do so!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I purchased an elliptical from NordicTrack in June with a promised ship date within 14 days. I never could get ahold of Nordictrack and always hanging up after being on hold for 30-50 minutes. When I did get through I was given promised dates on two occasions which NEVER happened. I had to sign up at a gym at this point. When my elliptical finally arrived my box had several holes in it (do not think it was Nordictrack fault) and plastic where flywheeel weight is was scratched.

After putting together it LOOKED like a great machine and I was excited to use it.

When I started using it on resistance #1 it felt like #10. I have been using all types of ellipticals for over 30 years and knew this IS NOT right and also loud clicking noise!? So once again I tried to contact customer service sometimes taking my whole lunch hour with no success!!! After 10 different attempts, I finally had gotten ahold of someone. I explained my problem and they began to tell ME how to TRY to fix this. My reply was why am I doing this and not a tech?? The customer service rep said consumer has to try first and if cannot be done they may call tech.

I did as was told even though description of how to do was partially right by tech. This did NOT cure the issue. Once again I tried 12 times or more as I lost count to get ahold of customer service. When I finally did I was told definitely something was wrong and since I called a few days after arrival it was covered. Finally a sign of relief! But that meant they will send me part and I have to fix this myself!!!

The part in question took over two weeks to arrive and I installed it according to Norditrack directions. Well that did not work, it was still difficult to use and clicking still there. Again after many many hours of trying to get ahold of customer service, they said they will order more parts in question and get a tech to come fix. After waiting several weeks I tried calling again and asked for a new machine as it is now Middle of November and have not been able to use properly. I was told until ALL options are tried (which could mean SEVERAL different parts) that they CONSIDER replacement!! I just want a new elliptical!!! NOW. Not in a month or year. I have never gone through this with ANY company I had dealt with on defects especially since I bought longer warranty.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I ordered this treadmill NTL17919.3 a year ago (last November). The track is now moving to the left making the treadmill difficult to use. I have tried calling and reaching out to Nordic-track website about getting this issues fixed. No response. Very disappointing based on the amount of money I spent on the product and then buying the 4 year warranty. Kind of hard to use the warranty when the company ghosts you when you need them. Last product of theirs I will buy.

NordicTrack Company Information