Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.55/5

NordicTrack has been manufacturing exercise training and home fitness equipment since 1975. Its extensive line of products includes treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, strength machines and rowers, many of which come with a one-year membership to iFit, NordicTrack’s live and interactive training program. The company includes free shipping on select models and 0% APR financing for 36 months. If you’re not satisfied with your home exercise equipment, NordicTrack accepts returns within 30 days, though it may charge a shipping and restocking fee.

NordicTrack Gallery (3)

NordicTrack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Finally decided to get a Nordictrack treadmill. I was super excited when I ordered it at the beginning of August. With everything going on with Covid-19, I assumed shipping could be delayed. September 16th I received a broken product w/a torn belt and console that wouldn't turn on. I reached out to NordicTrack and they offered to replace the broken parts, but the company did not offer to send a technician to repair the junk they sent me.

It's Oct. 22 now, still waiting on my new console, still trying to be patient, but my first payment is overdue, and I can't bring myself to pay anything toward the broken treadmill I ordered over 2 months ago and haven't been able to turn on, so now on top of worrying about wasting a ton of money on broken equipment, I'm also beginning to worry about my credit score. You would think for close to $4000, you would be guaranteed a properly functioning product.

It is very difficult to get ahold of anyone from NordicTrack. The NordicTrack online chat does work if you have an hour or so to wait for someone to talk to you and give you vague answers and dubious reassurances. I'm currently on hold with their customer service line, waiting for a representative to take my call. I called 55 minutes ago, and when someone picked up, I only heard someone talking in the distance to someone else on another line.

After being on hold for over 45 minutes, I found myself yelling into the phone, trying to get someone to notice I was somehow on an open line to avoid having to restart the process. No response, so I hung up and am trying to call again. I've never dealt with such a high degree of incompetence. Buying from NordicTrack has been such a frustrating ordeal, I would have ABSOLUTELY returned the broken junk, but that would mean forfeiting the $200 shipping cost to have the heavy garbage shipped to me, $250 to have the heavy garbage shipped back, AND the +$700 restocking fee.

I'm not about to pay this company over $1000 for NOTHING, so I'm going to keep trying to get ahold of someone and see where my replacement parts are. I wanted a top of the line product, but all I've received from NordicTrack is 2 months of frustration, disappointment, and the daunting opportunity to try my hand at being a treadmill repairman when my new console arrives. Also, I'm fairly certain my free 1 year iFit membership expires 1 year after my purchase date, so at this rate, it may only be a 6 month trial.

I would be more understanding if the company were proactively keeping me updated with estimated shipping dates, or even if they were easier to reach, but the customer service they have is awful. I've got a half dozen unanswered emails, you can't get through on the phone line- I'm still on hold as I type this, and they close at 6pm (in ten minutes), so I don't think I'll be talking to anyone today about this issue. Tomorrow I'll try the live chat again, but what I will NEVER try again.... NordicTrack.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Purchased 2950 Treadmill from Nordic Track 2 year ago. Ordering, delivery and set-up went very well and quality of the treadmill appeared to be very good. After 1 year, I decided to purchase extended warranty to protect against normal wear and tear. April 2020 treadmill console started going out and so I called to get it fixed. They sent out a new wire that involved taking a significant amount of the treadmill apart. I said I wanted someone to come out to install and they refused. Called back several times to argue with them that I needed a professional to install it and finally in June 2020 they installed.

The next morning after installation, unit failed again. Called back and they stated we needed to replace the entire console to a known issue and again they refused to set-up installation saying we need to do it ourselves. At the same time they also claimed unit is backordered with no ETA. Called back October 2020 and replacement console was never order and is backordered and now they are putting on order for me. Excuse used is that console is backordered due to covid 19 and manufacturing.

At the same time, new units easily accessible and today I called 2 authorized repair dealers and both are able to get these consoles form the manufacture but Nordic-track refuses to fix my unit in a timely fashion. I am going on 6+ months with no treadmill. Getting in touch with NordicTrack has been an awful time wasting experience and one excuse after another. Beware when purchasing the extended warranty as so far, they have not delivered on anything promised.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I canceled an order before the product ever left the warehouse and they are trying to charge me a restocking fee of over 600.00 dollars. I spoke to a man with Nordictrack and he told me the rower had not even been pulled off of the shelf when I canceled it and yet they charged me the restocking fee. I could understand the fee if the item had at least been pulled and ready to ship, but that was not the case.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have the NordicTrack CST, which is an upright pulley station, 6 individual pullies (foot level, shoulder level, above shoulder level). The resistance is only on outward pull; return is not resistant.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have a REALLY old model from the 1990s. Wood and cable, baby! Anyway, it's lasted since then well. I used it very heavily at the beginning and my kids also played on it as toddlers then used it as.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I purchased a "Commercial" X22i treadmill April 21, 2020. I paid for over the threshold delivery. The full amount plus the 2 year subscription to iFit was $4309.00. My treadmill arrived May 29, 2020 and was left at the front of my 1 story apartment, because the delivery guy said "this ain't fittin' through that door". My husband and I disassembled everything in the box, brought it inside the apartment, piece by piece and assembled the machine. Assembly was not terribly difficult.

Every morning I had an amazing experience and was enjoying my treadmill. June 23, 2020 I awoke as normal, thinking "it's my birthday, and I'm off, I'll run and go see my parents." It was my 51st birthday. I started the treadmill, the warm up started on the screen, but the belt would not move. UGH!! I contacted customer service. Was on hold 90 minutes, and hung up to go see my parents. I called again that night, and could not get through to anyone. I tried every day until finally June 30 the customer service person told me to take off the right panel in the front of the machine. Look for an LED light. I responded, I see no light. "Well, it sounds like you have a defective motor controller board. We will send one to you. We will send you the YouTube video to show you how to install it."

8 weeks later, August 9, 2020, I received the motor controller board. My husband and I installed it. With great difficulty!! The screws in the belly pan would not come out. They were stripped. We had to cut around the 3 screws we couldn't get out, damaging the belly pan, but this did not hurt the machine. We installed the new board and WAH LAH!!! The machine worked perfectly, though every morning I get on the machine, heart pounding, holding my breath, anxiety ridden, that the belt wouldn't start. It did, every day for 8 weeks.

Fast forward exactly 8 weeks. Oct. 10, 2020, I plugged in the treadmill, turned on the machine and heard a pop noise by the power button. I tried to do a workout and the same thing, warm up started, no belt movement. I contacted customer service, NO ANSWER. This time, I wasn't playing the game, as I am a working person and don't have time to sit on the phone. I emailed the executives at Icon fitness, and before I received an email back, I received a shipping ticket from UPS saying that a controller board was being sent.

The quality of these machines, for the price is NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE. Customer Service is an absolute joke and poor at best. If I could return it, I would. It's a great machine when it works, but I paid for a machine, I assumed would last years, not 3 months out of 6. I filed a report with the BBB, and was already asked to state that I am satisfied with the repair. It is not repaired yet.

Icon said they would schedule a tech to come do some diagnostics on the machine. The tech sent me an email Wednesday Oct. 14. I responded back that the part should arrive this Saturday. They responded, "Great we will get you on the schedule ASAP." That's it. ASAP. Nothing else. I will have my Treadmill back on Sunday, if the part comes in Saturday. My husband will install the part. I am not waiting for the tech for 3-6 weeks. This is NOT what I paid for. NordicTrack used to mean quality. Now it means jobs for people in China, poor service, poor customer service, and substandard parts.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Good and reliable but worrying about breaking down and not sure where to get it repair and how much it cost. Very expensive piece of equipment.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I set up auto pay at my bank and sent more than my minimum payment each month. They claim they got my payment late, even though the bank shows it was sent on time, and they still charged me a late fee for 2 months before I caught it. I called and had it reversed, but they continued to apply late fees to my account. I called and they were not willing to work with me.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I have used NordicTrack for years. The equipment is affordable and easy to use. I have an in home gym so I enjoy the convenience of having it at home. The equipment helps me stay in shape.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

If I could give them a zero, I would. If you don't want to have difficulty returning a faulty product or to have to deal with annoying repairs, then do not buy from Nordictrack. THIS INCLUDES ALL ICON BRANDS (NORDICTRACK, IFIT, PRO-FORM, FREEMOTION FITNESS, WEIDER, WESLO, HEALTHRIDER, UTS, LOTUS). They have such a large market share of the industry that they really could care less about customer service. My product arrived faulty - unusable and they wouldn't even consider taking back a product that was horrible right out of the box. They have no integrity. I would suggest boycotting them until they learn to adapt to the modern market and deal with customers humanely. BUY ELSEWHERE. I will never buy from them again and I will encourage everyone I know to buy brands that don't belong to ICON.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

They have the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. My brand new $2,000 bike broke after 3 months and it’s been sitting here still broken, 3 months later. Backordered part with no ETA....

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

My wife and I ordered a commercial grade 14.9 elliptical machine in July of 2020. The machine arrived in August. Upon inspection of the contents of the box, it was obvious it was damaged during shipment. I contacted the sales department and they said to assemble it and service would send a replacement part. The machine never aligned properly so a replacement was required. My wife and I have spent literally hours and hours on hold for service. Every time we get through, they forward us to delivery who forwards us to sales who forwards us to service. We are going on two months of a useless machine and so many hours of our life spent trying to get this fixed. We even purchased the the four year in home service additional warranty, that doesn't help and seems like an even bigger waste of money.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I bought this machine at the end of August but still have not been able to consistently use it. The ride is not smooth and the machine wobbles so much it hurts my hips and it's difficult to use. I am a small woman (5'2" and 125lbs) so I was disappointed to pay $1999+additional charges for a device that feels cheap and does not provide the workout I was hoping for. Additionally, they authorized a repairman to come to evaluate it but he took a week to reach out and his first available appointment is 2 weeks from now. That is just for the initial evaluation. If they need any additional parts, it could take another 2 weeks after that. So all in all, the service is terrible, the device isn't state of the art and I wish I never bought it.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I have had two NordicTrack treadmills. The first one lasted ten years with minor belt problems under heavy use. The Second one is about eight years old. Never had a problem until yesterday.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

The ordering process was pretty straightforward. We picked this model due to concerns about being able to return to gym safely because of covid. Ordered online after Jordon did excellent job.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I purchased the 22I bike in July. Super thrilled with it until the incline and the resistance stopped working. I just wanted the technician leave for the second time in trying to install a second broken control board that was sent to me. For the thousands of dollars spent on this machine it's absolutely ridiculous. Do better at researching than I did before you purchase!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I really enjoy using my NordicTrack. It is easy to use, stores nicely and has several safety features. I can use it to walk or run and it has multiple incline features. Love it!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Awesome equipment that's easy to use and store anywhere in your home. I've used their equipment for over 25 years and I'm very happy with them and I trust the quality.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

The Nordictrack Commercial 2750 is a 5-star machine with all the power and features needed for a consistently good walk or run. No negatives to speak of, only positives.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Nordic Track has been a trusted product that my whole family enjoys using. It's affordable and comes with easy to use instructions.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I had ordered a RW 900 Rower in July 2020 and was told I will get it Aug 6th then I get an email of a delay till Aug 21. After that nothing - no email. No call. No equipment. I have spend hours and over 50 calls with shipping customer service and I even called the corporate HQ and no one can find where my machine is and every time I get a different answer - it's with a different shipping company or it's lost or I will get a call in 24 hours.. NOTHING - no calls. No email. No updates and BTW I have been billed for the machine and I have to pay else my credit will get affected.. Is this for real and from a company like Nordictrack... Looking for a resolution..

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I paid extra for what they call white glove assembly. What a ripoff. The guys assembled the equipment but then they were going to leave all the trash.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I absolutely love my NordicTrack machines. I have had a couple of mechanical issues with my spin bike (commercial 22I). I haven't had any issues with my treadmill. However customer service: horrible!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

The machine has been very beneficial to my efforts to gain weight. It affords me an opportunity to exercise in the comfort of my own home. I don’t have to go out in the midst of this pandemic to a gym.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

The treadmill is the best decision I've made in years. Both my wife and I are using the treadmill numerous times per week. The NordicTrack seems to be excellent quality. Does everything it was suppose.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I have an older Tread Climber, which is a good machine. However, trying to get a simple thing like lubricant for the belt is practically an insurmountable obstacle. Way too complicated!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I use to walk every morning in the dark. With my treadmill was I only able to run in the safety of my home. I was able to run longer and at a more constant speed. I was able to be more consistent.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I love my combination elliptical, glider, stair-stepper due to its versatility, plus good stride length, compact size, and features. I work arms and legs simultaneously with variations.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

My elliptical works perfectly. It was a little pricey, however the benefits out way this. It has worked for 5 plus years now without a single issue. It inclines and declines, has programs for fitness.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I ordered a treadmill in April of 2020. It is now October of 2020 and I still do not have a working treadmill. I will keep this a brief as possible. It was delivered early May. Immediately, even after doing the self adjustments, the belt slipped. It was unusable. We called many times, always being told to 'fix' it ourselves. Eventually, they said they would ship us a new motherboard which we would need to swap out ourselves. We insisted on a service call, and after a few weeks of waiting for the part, the service person came and replaced the motherboard. That was not the issue. The belt still slipped to the point of it being unsafe to use. Next NordicTrack agreed to order a new motor. Over a month of waiting for that, another service call, motor replaced and that stopped the belt from slipping. But now, the incline does not work. It is stuck at a negative incline and won't move.

Yet another call to customer service (which by the way has been hours of waiting before getting a person. Literally HOURS every time we have called. And we have called MANY times in the past 6 months). Now they want to send a new incline motor. We cannot return unless we want to pay the restocking fee???? Finally they said they would take the old one back (never used) and ship a new one on Sept 12. Needless to say, as of today, October 1, no treadmill. Called again. They have no idea why it did not ship. It was 'supposed' to. But now they are out of stock again so new ship date of Nov. 5.

More wait and see. Amazing how calls for new orders are answered in minutes, while support calls can be up to - I'm not kidding - HOURS before they are answered. Repair is "watch this Youtube video and do it yourself". Since I have zero experience with treadmill repair and run the risk of ruining a $2,500+ machine, I am not comfortable with do it yourself on a new machine. At this point, NordicTrack has has my money since April. It is October. I have no treadmill. I will not ever purchase anything from NordicTrack. Their product at this point is unusable and their service is among the worst I've ever encountered.

NordicTrack Company Information