Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.55/5

NordicTrack has been manufacturing exercise training and home fitness equipment since 1975. Its extensive line of products includes treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, strength machines and rowers, many of which come with a one-year membership to iFit, NordicTrack’s live and interactive training program. The company includes free shipping on select models and 0% APR financing for 36 months. If you’re not satisfied with your home exercise equipment, NordicTrack accepts returns within 30 days, though it may charge a shipping and restocking fee.

NordicTrack Gallery (3)

NordicTrack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I wanted to share the recent interaction I had with Nordictrack. I had recently purchased a rower, which had not delivered yet, my financial circumstances changed as many peoples are during these crazy times. Because of these changes, I needed to cancel my order as other things like my mortgage and food needed to take precedent over fitness equipment. I tried calling Nordictrack on 12/22, my order had not shipped yet so I did not foresee a problem. After waiting for a customer service rep for 10 minutes, I let them know I wanted to cancel my order and was promptly put back on hold. After waiting for 40 minutes on hold, I hung up as I had other business and could not wait any longer.

On 12/28, I called again to try to cancel my order, I waited twenty minutes for a representative to pick up, when I told them I wanted to cancel my order I was put back on hold and waited over an hour for someone to get back to me. When I explained that I wanted to cancel my order, the rep looked up my order and told me it had already shipped and that I would have to incur roughly $400 in fees to cancel my order. When I explained I had called days before to cancel my order before it shipped but was left on hold so long I had to hang up, the service rep did not seem to care. All she could do was continue to read the script she had been given on how to handle these situations.

I asked to speak to a manager because I did not find their “no solution but to charge me $400” acceptable. The manager who also seemed to be reading from a script apologized but let me know he would not be doing anything to help me in this situation. He repeatedly told me “I agreed to the terms when I purchased”. I explained that I understood I agreed to the terms but I had no way of knowing at the time that their poor customer service would make it so difficult to cancel the order. I asked him if he agreed that Nordictrack was partially to blame as the wait times to help customers was unacceptable. He said he “wouldn’t be happy with the wait times either” but there was still nothing he was going to do to help the situation.

At this point, I was stuck with canceling the order and paying $400 for nothing, or keeping the rower. I am keeping the rower; I do not have $400 to throw out the window for nothing in return. I also attached a picture of my second call to their customer service, as you can see I was on the phone, (mostly on hold) for over two hours. There are a lot of choices on who you can spend your hard earned dollars with, I would strongly recommend not spending them with Nordictrack or ProForm (their sister company). They have horrible customer service and do not care about you as a consumer. BEWARE.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I purchased the NordicTrack X22i in November 2020 - it arrived not functional: belt did not turn. Two hours-long calls with service/repairs dept., two separate parts replacement orders and a technician visit (1 month since delivery) and the machine still does not function properly. At speed of 6 MPH or faster the belt slips side-to-side and the deck bounces 2" - 3" creating a very loud metal-on-metal clanking. Horrible machine. Terrible customer service. Complete waste of money!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Within one month of getting my treadmill the fans stop working. Every time you try to contact customer service it takes 30 minutes plus. It doesn't matter if you use chat or phone. 2 months and part is still not in. Even though I bought a warranty they try to sell you on repairing it yourself. "It's very simple" they say. Nothing simple about changing the motherboard on a treadmill. Now I'm told another 2 to 7 weeks before part is shipped. Very frustrating.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I purchased T9.5S treadmill for home use in February 2020. It gets light use, 1 user (me) for fast walking 2-3x/ wk. I paid to have it professionally assembled. Things were fine until one day in early Oct it was dead. Dead. I followed reset instructions in the manual. Still dead. I reached customer service and was told I would have to remove the hood (!) before a technician could come. REALLY?? After several calls spanning a week I learned that the console update I had been instructed to perform had likely blown the console and that was the problem. They agreed to order a new console and said they would walk me through replacing it. REALLY?? I explained that was not acceptable, so they set me up with a company who would replace it when the new console arrived. It is now the end of Dec and I still have a dead treadmill and no console!

The part, they say, in one of maybe a dozen calls, comes from China and they have no control, Covid and all that. REALLY?? China has been open for months. I told them recently to just replace the treadmill and they say no, can’t. Estimated date for new console to arrive changes every call. Now MAYBE (!) second or third week in January. That’s just for the part to arrive. Then I have to wait until a technician comes to replace it...So the bottom line is, buy from a company that can service their products in a timely manner, that have parts available, and that don’t expect you, the purchaser, to be your own technician (even when their own system upgrade causes your machine to be unusable). Because if you make a mistake taking the thing apart, good luck! Go with a different brand. I will too next time.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Purchased product earlier this year and arrived in May and had nothing but problems. After a month two noticed a squeak so a technician came only to find out the walking platform had a large crack in it which poses a safety concern. Had a new platform delivered damaged so machine remained unusable for another few weeks. Finally a new platform was delivered and installed only to develop a crack after a small handful of uses. Have been on and off the phone with customer service for the past week about returning the product because of my concern for my own safety and dissatisfaction with the product. After speaking to a supervisor I’m left with no options except sending another platform out to be installed which won’t be delivered for a month and they keep your money (3k). Strongly recommend against this product and service due to all of the above.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

We received the treadmill 6 weeks ago. The incline failed on initial set up. We replaced the incline motor, the circuit board, and all the wiring. Still failed. They refuse to come into my house to pick up the machine. DO NOT BUY FROM NORDICTRACK!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I clicked on a "next" link after picking an exercise bike to know when it would be shipped. It ended up ordering and I tried every avenue (calling, emailing, onsite chat support) but could not reach anyone. By 6 hours when I woke up, I saw that order was prepared and I called someone and spoke to them at length to cancel the order. He said he would try and contact the warehouse. Another 6 hours later, I saw the shipped email. I called Fedex and everyone to make sure it does not come home and looks like it was immediately returned to the warehouse and Fedex receiving station never accepted it. As per policy, I had to pay $200 for the shipping fee and never received it back. Given how great and helpful all the other online selling sites are, this was the worst nightmarish experience for me and I ended up losing money and not getting a bike!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Honestly it’s been one of the worst experiences dealing with NordicTrack. My order was delayed which is understandable in this time. I never heard another word after the delayed email. Every phone call was met with laziness and the inability to simply track an order. Customer service gave me the run around for weeks. Finally I get in touch with a supervisor Brett ** and he was just as incompetent as his customer service reps. He just gave me the logistics of how the package would be delivered. “It’s at the warehouse waiting to be processed, then shipped to your local carrier, then within 3 days you should be contacted by our white glove service”. Every word just air because nothing had any real answers. In my whole experience not one single person at this company actually did their job. I would never recommend Nordictrack to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I have my ex 22 I treadmill for eight weeks and it had a breakdown. They sent me a new controller and it still does not work so I’m on week four of not working. I’ve only this piece of equipment for two months not OK. I called, the technician is supposed to call me within five days. It’s been two days now, no technician, not OK with spending $3000 on a commercial treadmill that only worked for eight weeks.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Please do yourself a favor and do NOT purchase a NordicTrack x22i or any of its variants. This is a first for us taking the time to write such a review because we feel it’s our only recourse in this situation. We are not the crazy people that lash out every time we think we get wronged etc... This is our first major purchase gone wrong and this company honestly is TERRIBLE! We purchased our treadmill in April and it worked great until July when the fans stopped working. We notified CS and they sent out two new fans that arrived in September. I replaced them and they still didn’t work. Went back to CS and this time they sent a new console. In the meantime, the belt stopped moving.

The new console arrived in November. I replaced the console which fixed the fan issue but not the belt. Notice that I said “I” replaced the parts. This is because it was going to take 6-8 weeks for a technician to come out on top of waiting weeks/months for parts. So we currently have a treadmill that we cannot use and are still paying for. What they are doing is stalling you out with these wait times in order to run the warranty out. Our next write up is with the Better Business Bureau to try and get some resolution that way.

In the meantime, we are trying to hit as many of these websites as we can to hopefully keep you guys from the same predicament. $3000 is a lot of money to us and we wish we had it back. You won’t see any negative reviews on NordicTrack’s website because they don’t allow you to post reviews... at all... We have tried. Please heed my advice, many others have had the same exact issues as we have. Pick a different product or get a gym membership etc. I would rather run outside in the cold than buy another NordicTrack product because that is where the company is going to leave you... in the cold!

NordicTrack Company Information