NordicTrack

Compare Fitness Equipment

Research top Fitness Equipment recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I read the reviews and decided to order anyways. What a headache! I waited over two weeks for my first one to come, only to find out they shipped the wrong machine. I tried customer service and soon realized all the reviews about customer service were right!!! I couldn't find anyone that could help me and when I did they told me they could not order another one for me at that time!? I cancelled the order and against my better judgement ordered it again, thinking there is no way this could happen twice? Lmao, it was delivered in two weeks to the delivery company, when I called to schedule an appointment to have them deliver here, they said: "you're in a remote area, we're not sure when we can deliver". REALLY!

Pausing to gain my sanity, I said: "Well that's fine can I just come get it then", " Sorry ma'am that is against our policy". So who knows when it will get here now! So frustrated and can't even think about dealing with NordicTrack customer service again! Thinking about just going to town purchasing one and then when they decide to show up just telling them: "Sorry, decided I don't want it!". See how they like being put off and wasting their time and money!

Ordered a treadmill which was shipped to a 3rd party vendor who is supposed to deliver and set up in my home. The vendor called my work phone on a Tuesday night indicating delivery would be the next day at 10 am. I called first thing the next morning to let them know I was not able to be home on that short of notice. I had to leave a message for their "delivery scheduler". Nobody has called me back to set up the delivery. Four messages and two emails later - I still have not heard from them.

I started a live chat session with NordicTrack to ask for their assistance and was told by "Douglas" that they have 2-3 weeks for delivery and they are within their window. I asked him to show me where it states 2-3 weeks and he closed the session on me. Of course Nordic Track has already started billing us for the equipment - yet we don't have it to use. Seems they want their money but aren't willing to help their customers get their products. They could use some help in their customer service department.

I have never in my life encountered a company less interested in providing customers with what they want/need or which makes it harder for customers to get help. The fact that the product requires a paid subscription in order to use all of its best features is *NOT* evident from the marketing material or from the display models. It was not until I had this 300-lb machine installed in my 8th floor apartment (no small feat) that I found that I was not done paying for it. If I had known, I would not have bought it.

I was also then disappointed to find that this product does not synchronize or allow data integration with ANY 3rd-party product. It is the only fitness device I have ever owned that did not. I wrote to them to express my disappointment, and they said that not only did they not support any 3rd party apps, but they had no intention of ever doing so. "We hope we have all the products you need" they wrote. NO, YOU DON'T. Forcing me to use your other inferior products is NOT good business.

I do not think I should have to register a product until I have confirmed that I'm not simply going to return it. I cannot even call the customer service line without registering the machine online, because it auto-recognizes my phone number and basically says "call back at least an hour after registering" and absolutely, 100% refuses to let you talk to a human being until you've done that. This maddening experience alone makes me want to return the product.

Ordered an elliptical machine two months ago. Nobody has called to set up an appointment. I called to see where the equipment is. I was given a phone number to a warehouse that won't answer my call and won't return it. I sent a message to Jillian Michaels asking her if her name is seriously attached to this company. It costs 5 dollars online just to complain about their service. Just terrible experience all the way around.

Stay away from Nordictrack and Icon Fitness. Customer un-service would refuses to help! Regardless of what I described in the emails and uploaded video, they kept asking the same irrelevant questions. I think they changed computer systems but didn't migrate my registration info, so all they cared about was registration info. Whatever I said (elliptical squeaking from day 1) the answer was something like- what's your address. I answered their questions and described the problem -yet again - and the same thing went on and on since December... That's 7 months! It doesn't matter that I gave NordicTrack and Icon Fitness more info than anyone would ever want, they kept repeating the same questions. Obviously, they don't have a CRM system to keep track of anything. Also, they're just trying to frustrate you enough so you will pay for a tech home visit.

Updated on 07/20/2017: This is a continuation of my prior review. After 10 days!!! Yet another email was replied with another repeat question that I answered ages ago. The heavy pedal fell on my head. I have to seek medical eval. This machine is going in the garbage today. Waste of time and money. Too dangerous for use. My super is coming to remove it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Purchased a Nordic Track treadmill that was supposed to be delivered and set up within two weeks. Six weeks later - after being danced around by their customer service reps, they finally delivered a defective machine that I had to reject. The NordicTrack rep informed me that I had two choices: 1) cancel with full credit, or 2) replacement. Since replacement would take another 2 1/2 to 3 weeks, I opted to just cancel. Upon canceling, I found out through their finance company (Fortiva) that it would take forty-five days plus another two weeks to get a check for the (substantial) amount of money I already paid them. After reading all of the negative reviews, I fear I will never see my money. I wish I had read these reviews before I placed an order with this very customer-unfriendly company. They are the worst I have ever dealt with.

I carefully researched treadmills before finally purchasing a NordicTrack 1750C treadmill and I have regretted it every since. While I saw a few reviews on the poor customer service, I had no idea the problems involved with NordicTrack. After initial problems with the electronics, including the inability to download maps to use on the LED screen, interactive iPad applications that were advertised but never worked and other issues, the roller bearings on my treadmill went bad within 5 months of moderate use. I'm now on week 5 trying to resolve the issue w/ Nordictrack.

Although I purchased the extended warranty for 5 years, problems within 12 months require you have to go through NT themselves. They will insist that you self-diagnose and take apart the machine yourself, request video uploads, make you wait a week between emails, and force you to constantly nag them to keep the process moving along. After all of this, the repair was to the wrong roller. After digging more and more I finally found more reviews showing that NT has a history of shipping products with bad motors, electronics and a multitude of other problems. If you have a choice, I would simply find another brand before you consider NT. Also I suspect that NT MODERATES their reviews, several 'Beware' reviews that I posted were never posted. Hoping I can help someone to avoid the mistake that I made.

So a few months ago I mentioned my issues I was having with NordicTrack. Although they were definitely not helping me with my problem the lady I talked to assured me they would help me so I held off bashing their customer service. Well let me tell you how it has gone. I spent a good chunk of money on my treadmill and after a year and a half of a lot of use it started making an awful squeaking sound. I contacted the online chat people for NordicTrack and they told me it was the storage bar and they would send me a new one. This was in Feb. So I get the storage bar and it didn't do squat so I contacted them AGAIN. This time they assured me it was these spring things and they would send them right out... because ya know, I am a treadmill repair man and should have no problem taking my treadmill apart.

So I get 2 of the 3 parts (with zero instructions) and when I contacted them they said the other part was back ordered and it would be mid June before I got it. Now in the time between Feb and June my warranty ran out. I had already purchased an extended warranty because as I said, it was an expensive treadmill. So I asked them for instructions for the parts and they sent me a video (which by the way was NOT even for the parts I got). At this point I figure if I have to do it all myself I am going to cancel the extended warranty and I tell them that so the lady says, "As soon as you get the part call us and we will schedule a technician to come fix it!!"

So I FINALLY get the part last Thursday, I contact them to get a technician and she says, "Your machine is out of warranty now, you will have to contact the warranty people!" I contacted the warranty people 3 days straight and it always went to a recording of how busy they are and try again later. 7 hours later my husband found the screw that was loose and fixed my treadmill. DO NOT BUY FROM NORDICTRACK UNLESS YOU CAN FIX IT YOUR DAMN SELF!!!

Back in late May 2017 I purchased Nordictrack's highest end FreeStride model, FS9i. Paid for it upfront, not financed, and paid for white glove delivery and the full service warranty. Almost $3500 purchase. I noticed that it arrived in Las Vegas on 6/1/17. On 6/8/17 I called Nordictrack to ask why it hasn't been delivered and was told they would investigate and get back to me NO LATER THAN FRIDAY. So on Tuesday, now 6/13, I called them back because no ever contacted me at all. The person that I spoke to on Tuesday said they haven't been able to reach their shipping company and can't explain why it hasn't been delivered. So finally on 6/14/17 I get a call from shipping, TWO WEEKS AFTER THEY RECEIVED IT, saying they can deliver now by Monday because they are booked!!!

Nordictrack is horrible to deal with, even after you purchase one of their top of the line pieces of equipment with all the bells and whistles. I cancelled my order after that. I will be looking into a competitor for equipment for my house. Nordictrack just lost a great customer by simply failing at their most basic job, getting the equipment delivered to the customers home. Pathetic.

Plain and simple, a purchase like this should require professional assembly. I was already disappointed that in order to buy the machine I wanted, you HAVE to purchase the iFit app which is 39/month, and required in full for the year at the time of purchase. Why not say, 500+ dollars for the year???!! Or better yet, include it for free with the customer's 2000 machine.

So when I found out that my order was being shipped UPS and no assembly was required… That upset me more. I strongly believe that if someone is going to buy a machine like this, for this kind of money, the company should include assembly to make sure it is put together right. Not ship it UPS and then after the face, send you an email stating that if you want it assembled, it's an extra 150+ dollars??? Really? Bad business. I'm not very happy.

The NordicTrack is good for couple workouts. The weights are heavy enough for a man & light enough for women. It also turns into multiple different workouts for your arms, forearms, your core, your buttocks, and all leg muscles. If you start slow, it will build muscles in no time.

Although they may provide a good product the customer service is the worst ever. After my product taking twice the amount of weeks as promised they could not get it scheduled for delivery. After a week of this I had them return the product. I have been fighting for a credit. When I call I will hold anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour and a half. No one has helped me and when I ask for a manager to call me back they take the information and absolutely no one calls me back. I am now having to make payments on a machine I do not have and have been unable to get any help on credit for my returned product. The product was returned two weeks ago and to date I call almost daily with no resolve and no one calls me back. All I want is my credit back to my account.

First, the carrier tries to deliver a 400# piece of equipment with no means of getting it off the truck. Nordictrack expects you to somehow accomplish this. Then we pay $250 for "White Glove Service". It has been 2 weeks since they deposited the money and after spending 43 minutes on hold with Service who transferred me to hold for 62 minutes with Billing, I still cannot get an answer from anyone on where it is. Do yourself a HUGE favor and do not buy anything from this company!

I never write reviews but I feel the need to warn others before ordering anything from NordicTrack. I placed an order on a Thursday afternoon. Came across this site later that day and read reviews. Was a little leery about my purchase after reading the negative comments. Thought about it overnight and I just didn't feel comfortable spending $2000 on an item from a company with such negative feedback.

So I called Friday afternoon to cancel. I was on hold for 22 minutes and someone finally picked up only to tell me that he could not do a return but that it shouldn't be a problem because it showed it was still processing. So he gave me the phone # for returns but said they were in some kind of training and would not be available for another 45 minutes. I tried calling right away anyway but sure enough a recording came on saying they would be away from the phones for 1 1/2 hours to train on how to better service the customers. So I called back an hour later. I was on hold for over 20 minutes and I had to hang up cause I had to go to work.

So anyway I called back first thing Monday morning, I was on hold for over 50 minutes. I am not exaggerating my phone shows a 58 minute phone call and I only spoke with a person for maybe 5 mins tops! Anyway she says "No problem we can process your return minus $368 fee." Freight charges and restocking fee. I explain how I had spoken with someone Friday who said my order was still processing and return would not be a problem. She says it has left the warehouse and is shipped. I don't believe that for a second, however I know she is only doing what she is trained to do and it's not her fault she works for such a crappy company. This whole thing is just really upsetting to me. I tend to not believe negative reviews I read but in this case what everyone is saying is true. Do not order from NordicTrack!!! My husband and I went to a local fitness shop and purchased a piece of equipment that I know will be backed up by the company.

NordicTrack customer service promised me a $199.00 refund back to my CC for a terrible delivery and assembly issue. I called customer service several times and was PROMISED each time that my card would be credited within 48 hours. One month later I received a credit of $149.00. Each time I called them I would be on hold for well over an hour, only to get someone who couldn't help me, then transfer me to again wait for nearly an hour. NordicTrack has the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I WILL NEVER buy from them or recommend them again.

Ordered Dec 2nd for Christmas gift. Promised 7-10 days delivery. Billed credit card same day. Multiple calls to upsell warranties. No calls to deliver product. I tried making inquiries, terminal hold. No confidence in the product or company after this experience.

I purchased a unit from Nordictrack and paid for in home delivery and assembly. 10 minutes into my workout, a leg goes flying off of the machine. I could've been seriously injured. I had them come back and reassemble the machine but they were unable to return for two weeks. The machine is reassembled and I use it a total of 5x. I develop muscle spasms in my back and unable to use the machine any longer. I realize that I am over the 30 day return policy. However, I contact Nordictrack and ask for an exchange of equipment, willing to accept a cheaper unit, pay for the restocking fee, delivery, assembly and disassembly of the original unit.

They absolutely refused stating that their policy is 30 day returns only. I reiterated the issues incurred by Nordictrack and the unit causing injury and they still refused. I find it hard to believe that a company of this size isn't willing to make good on a very expensive purchase. I do not recommend purchasing from this company. They are uncooperative, unsuccessful and apparently cannot assemble a machine properly when they offer such a service. Don't lose your money, as I did.

In 3 days, it will be a month since I placed my order with Nordictrack. The order was cancelled 3 days later and the item was never sent to me. Almost 4 weeks later and I still have not received a refund. I was first told it will only be a few days because they were issuing a "hot refund." Those few days became 2 weeks with the next person I spoke to and then 3 to 4 weeks to the last person I spoke to.

Again, it has now been the 4 weeks and I have still not received a dime back for something I never even received. I am now preparing a lawsuit because the Fortiva creditor they work with (also scammers in my opinion) are trying to bill me for something I never received. SAVE YOUR MONEY! SAVE YOUR TIME! I didn't listen to the reviews and this is the price I pay. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I purchased this on Tuesday and it's Thursday. I called to cancel as I was unaware that this product wasn't going to show for TWO WEEKS! They proceeded to tell me that they wanted to charge me $280 to put it back on the shelf! It hasn't even shipped yet. If it had shipped there's no way it will take two weeks to receive. Awful experience all around. Will never purchase equipment again from this company. I paid $800 for the product. To charge half that to put it back on the shelf is unheard of. TOTAL RIP OFF.

I'd just like to add another complaint about nonexistent service from this company. I can't believe I get mail solicitations to purchase extended warranties. My experience is that I cannot reach anyone on telephone nor email nor successfully login to my account. I get feeling is that they've cut down on the number of staff answering phones, maintaining their computer systems. Their service is a sham. If you are confident in your own ability to maintain or repair product, fine. Or if you feel you can get Sears to set up and be sure the product is working well when you first buy it, fine. Otherwise, avoid this company, avoid their products!

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. I have had my machine for over a month and it has never worked. They won't answer emails. They won't answer the phone. They sent the wrong part twice. My motherboard was fried. Machine won't turn on. Service tech says my machine was dropped and bent up. He banged it to where it was "good enough ". This is the worst customer service experience of my life.

I waited for over 20 min. on the phone just to order a power cord. I tried several other numbers before I finally got NordicTrack. I have not had any issues before with NordicTrack but this was unacceptable. I am a good customer and was treated poorly. The salesperson was not mean but someone should have answered my call sooner.

I have been a customer of NordicTrack for over 10 years and for the most part have been happy with their equipment, until recently. Their customer support and customer is terrible. When I call anything other than the sales lines, you are on hold for 30 minutes or more. This is crazy for such expensive premium equipment. I will never do business with the company again and you should know that if you purchase anything from this company, for the most part you are on your own.

We purchased NordicTrack. Unable to get service on device. Sears dept store in Salisbury MD will not return items. They just gave number to call. We called several times to get items service. No one called came out. This time was nearly 2,000 dollars with less than 20 hrs on it. We would like our money back since we can not reach anyone to come out and service or return our call.

I would highly not recommend Nordic Track to anyone. Their customer service is absolutely terrible. They accused my boyfriend and I of lying about a conversation held over the phone, which included shipping and handling fees and dates and times. We got charged $150 for an item that we were told was not even loaded onto their truck when we called to cancel the order. Too bad they lost out on over $1000 and many more customers I'm hoping when I get the word out. So sad when it comes to customer service with some of these big companies. Customer service should be #1.

The NordicTrack company has sent me emails that my delivery would be Wednesday. Today is Friday and I called their "customer service" today and was told that they had no information and that I should check back on Monday... BUT it was important that I should be home for delivery. (How many days do they expect me to take off from work for this falsified delivery, I wonder?) I contacted the "company" through the webchat feature on the website. I was connected to an individual who identified himself as Derek. He also stated that he could not provide delivery information. I responded that I really demanded delivery information and he was condescending and demeaning in his reply. I asked how to make a complaint and was told that I could only make a complaint through him via webchat.

I am beyond angry at this point. I am happy to pay the return fee and purchase an expensive piece of merchandise from a local company. After these attempts to contact the company, it occurred to me that the online reviews were clearly falsified. There is not an option to login or to create a profile. This company has not provided an avenue for actual reviews of their product or service or delivery. I'm not surprised that they are robbing their clients because THEY CAN. There is no way to give an honest review of the company or of the equipment purchased. The reviews that I read prior to purchase are completely false. I am absolutely disgusted with this company.

The customer service is terrible. I have literally been on hold for 40 minutes waiting to talk with someone concerning an order and still no answer. This is not the first time I have called. It happens every time.

iFit console continually causing problems-- Having read many reviews that the iFit can be both a plus and a minus, I decided to move forwarded with purchasing this product. Big mistake! It's complicated, it doesn't work and customer care is terrible. Do not waste your time and money on this product.

I tried calling the customer service number. It was basically a circular automated service. No human ever picked up. Just went back to the same bullcrap about press # 1 for blah blah. When I called the sales line to see if they could connect me to a rep, all the snotty ** did was put me on hold for over a half hour!!!! This is after paying $1000 for their product. DO NOT BUY THEIR CRAP. YOU GET NO SERVICE. PERIOD.

I am getting horrible customer service as well. This is also including the extended warranty company UTS and the contracted technician North Coast Fitness. I am only 32 years old and have hopefully another 40 years of using exercise equipment ahead of me. I'll never buy a NordicTrack product again!!!

Expert Review

Mark BarrosoHealth and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.    More about Mark→

NordicTrack has one of the best reputations in the fitness industry. It has been in business for over three decades and originally became famous for its ski machines, although today it manufactures all sorts of exercise equipment.

• Full range of console services: NordicTrack’s web-enabled touchscreen consoles allow users to browse the Internet, watch TV or play video games while exercising, making the process more fun for most people.
  • Adjustable cushioning on tracks: Treadmills and other equipment come with adjustable cushioning to protect users’ feet from impact injuries while using the machines.
  • Some models are meant to improve heart health: The incline trainer model offers a variety of inclines and programs to help boost heart health.
  • Powerful motors: NordicTrack device motors can support high-speed workouts with the x11i Incline Trainer providing 4.25 horsepower. As an added bonus, the motors are not overly loud.
  • Steeper inclines: Consumers who want a more intense workout can set their NordicTrack machines to steeper inclines than some of the competing brands. The incline trainers reach a 40 percent incline and up to a -6 percent decline.
  • Best for Consumers who want to buy a treadmill, elliptical, glider, indoor cycling cycling bike, upright/recumbent bike, rower or ski machine.

Compare Fitness Equipment