3.8/5 (3902 ratings)

About NordicTrack

NordicTrack has been manufacturing exercise training and home fitness equipment since 1975. Its extensive line of products includes treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, strength machines and rowers, many of which come with a one-year membership to iFit, NordicTrack’s live and interactive training program. The company includes free shipping on select models and 0% APR financing for 36 months. If you’re not satisfied with your home exercise equipment, NordicTrack accepts returns within 30 days, though it may charge a shipping and restocking fee.

Pros

• Google Maps technology
  • 10-year warranty on equipment frame
  • Live interactive training

Cons

• Limited models with Bluetooth audio
  • High shipping costs & restocking fees

Bottom Line

NordicTrack offers the best of both worlds with in-home training, on-demand workouts and adjustable resistance levels. While fully loaded models are expensive, the company sells entry-level options for less than $1,000.

Top NordicTrack Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

My husband and I purchased the X22i last year and we love it. The IFit Trainer that comes with the purchase the first year is probably one of the main reasons we love this treadmi...

Verified

Im very happy with this bike. Exceeded my expectations. I was worried that it would have too much of a spin bike feel, but it rides like a road bike. With the video I can ride so ...

What is NordicTrack?

NordicTrack manufactures a variety of fitness equipment that can be used in your home. Its treadmills carry more than 16,000 on-demand iFit workouts with Google Maps technology that lets you experience what it’s like to run in locations across the world. Select models come with low-impact tread, Bluetooth connectivity and self-cooling vibration systems that make exercising at home a more enjoyable experience.

The company’s bikes, ellipticals, strength equipment and rowers offer similar performance with on-demand classes, resistance training controls and AutoBreeze workout fans. Many models include a touchscreen with intuitive controls that follow your movements and adjust to every stride and target specific muscles.

NordicTrack offers a 10-year warranty on the frame of its equipment, a two-year warranty on parts and a one-year warranty on labor. Below is an overview of key features included in each:

Treadmills
NordicTrack offers its T-Series treadmills for commercial and personal use. NordicTrack’s treadmills come with the following features:
  • 16,000+ on-demand iFit workouts
  • Live interactive training
  • Dial to control tread and maximize cushioning or simulate real road conditions
Bikes
NordicTrack has multiple series of exercise bicycles, including the Grand Tour Series, Recumbent Series and Upright Series. Bicycle features include:
  • On-demand classes
  • One-on-one virtual training
  • Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) for smoother movement
Ellipticals
NordicTrack has three different series of ellipticals: the FreeStride Trainer, the Front Drive and Rear Drive. Elliptical features include:
  • Up to 10-inch SmartHD touchscreens
  • Intuitive adjustments that follow your workout and stride
Rowing machines
NordicTrack offers rowers in three different series: the RW200, the RW500 and the RW900. Rower features include:
  • Dual-resistance digital and air training
  • 26 resistance levels
  • SpaceSaver design
Strength training
In addition to its traditional workout equipment, NordicTrack offers strength training accessories, like:
  • Utility benches
  • Dumbbells
  • Speedweights
  • Skiers

Nordictrack price

NordicTrack machines start at $799 for entry-level bikes and rowers. A premium exercise machine from NordicTrack typically costs between $1,000 to $3,000 and includes live-resistance controls, a 10-inch touchscreen and the capability to stream workouts. Pricing for NordicTrack’s bestsellers are listed below:

ModelCost
Commercial X11i Treadmill$2,249
Commercial S22i Studio Cycle$1,999
RW500$999
Fusion CST$2,299
FS10i$2,999

NordicTrack iFit membership cost

All models include a complimentary one-year iFit membership, a $468 value. The immersive fitness experience lets you simulate exercising in unique and dazzling locations, including Moab, the Grand Canyon, Thai beaches or Tour de France stages. In addition to its virtual training, you can access the iFit coach app, which lets you get customized workout schedules, meal plans and sleep tracking.

NordicTrack FAQ

Are NordicTrack treadmills any good?
NordicTrack is one of the most popular manufacturers of exercise equipment. Its treadmills are a favorite of many trainers.
Which is the best NordicTrack treadmill to buy?
The best NordicTrack treadmill for you varies based on your personal preference, needs and the amount of space available in your home.
Is NordicTrack sold in stores?
Yes, NordicTrack is sold in many national stores, including Dick’s Sporting Goods, Amazon and Best Buy. Product selection may vary by store.
Where is NordicTrack located?
NordicTrack is headquartered in Logan, Utah.

Are NordicTrack treadmills good?

Fitness enthusiasts who like to work out at home enjoy NordicTrack’s selection of exercise products. Its iFit membership makes it easy to vary your daily workout and keeps it fun with Google Maps locations and terrains. The company sells space-saving models, but be sure to consider your available space before purchasing one. Although some models are pricey, we think NordicTrack’s robust features and variety of training programs are suitable for many people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I know that NordicTrack has been around for a long time and has a wide range of products and are very popular. I received a NordicTrack Studio Bike 1000 for free for giving a honest and unbiased opinion and really was surprised, I am thrilled with this Bike, I have had other bikes before & just hated them but I have to tell you that this one has totally amazed me.

It was easy to assemble and it has several adjustments for the handlebars and the seat which is wonderful since we have multiple riders. This Bike is very sturdy and well built. I am not fond of the water bottle holder at the rear of the seat it is awkward for me. The pedals have straps and cage for your feet keeps them stable so that is a nice feature. Has a built in 7 inch touch screen which I thought might be to small but it is very nice and on the console has options from 1 - 22 for resistance you can adjust fan speed which I really love because I really sweat and has speaker also can connect to wireless headphones or earbuds which I have not done.

The Bike came with an iFit subscription for 30 days. OK this is AMAZING. Did I say AMAZING! Yes it is. There are so many programs, trainers, and challenges I absolutely love it. It is so neat riding with a trainer talking you through it all and is great you can ride all over the world without leaving your house, how good is that

This Bike is really something and I am extremely happy with it makes exercising fun.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Let's start with the way it arrived. It was packaged well and the building process was documented very well on their BILT app as well as in their manual. I preferred the app as it was very interactive. That was a plus for sure and made this a bit easier. The folding mechanism works great but we have enough space for now to have it laying out flat but functionality wise works well. The treadmill itself can accommodate very fulfilling runs/walks indoors for both my wife and I, the iFIT program is incredible and supports the treadmill really well. That's something my old treadmill could not handle. From a noise perspective, it's quiet compared to our old one so we are happy with that. As it's lying in our basement, we don't have any noise concerns.

Next is the touch screen, Bluetooth, speakers, fan features > these all work just as you would imagine they would out of the box. Easily compatible with my android device so no issues there. The most enjoyed feature for us is the touch screen and having the ability to run alongside trainers to motivate you, that is new for us and we are loving it. The build > It's manufactured really well and I can tell from putting it together, this will last a long while. I recommend this product from NordicTrack. I got this treadmill in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

Get buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have used the NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle for a couple of months now. I’d consider myself to be a typical customer, middle age, trying to increase and improve my exercise. The Cycle has been an incredible addition to my routine. At this price point you expect to have a top-notch production that warrants the price, the S22i delivers on this front. While I was given this product for a reduced price in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion, I’ve done my best to identify the key pros to the product as well as some suggestions:

Pros:

+ Screen and Connectivity – The 22” HD screen is as big as the TV I grew up with as a kid! I found a huge benefit from the larger screen when doing an instructor-led workout. With a screen that size and quality it was much easier to feel immersed in the virtual ride location. I hadn’t anticipated how much more effort I was able to give in an instructor-led workout when you feel like you’re there. The screen size and quality play a large role in creating this environment. I also was pleased with the connectivity, at this price point I would be disappointed if NordicTrack went with a cheaper processor that led to choppy video. I haven’t had any issues at all, all the videos stream really well.

+ Magnetic Resistance – You’ll note right away how smooth and quiet the bike is, there’s no slippage or weird mechanical noise while you ride.

+ Auto Resistance and Incline – As mentioned previously, I’m an average person trying to improve my exercise routine, and I benefit from having the resistance and incline auto-adjust as I’m in a workout. I’m unaware of this feature on any other stationary bike so it helps set the S22i apart. It helps make the experience more immersive when I don’t have to look down and make manual adjustments and the resistance and incline mirror the setting that you’re seeing on the screen.

+ iFit Access – NordicTrack’s iFit program helps usher in the next phase of home workouts, where multiple devices can be synced into a central fitness hub. Also, instructor-led workouts that I can do in my own house without the hassle of going to the gym is ideal. Having multiple family members on the same account offers even greater value for the price.

+ Setup –There are also multiple ways to access the assembly instructions which were thorough and easy to follow, they had a printed copy as well as an option to access instructions via your phone. It took me about 30 minutes to set the bike up and if you follow the instructions, you shouldn’t have any problems

+ Design – I’m lumping a couple items into this category as they all work the make the S22i have “it”. After riding for a while on the bike I can see the thought that went into the inclusion and placement of the water bottle holders, the fan that works surprisingly well, the ability to stream your own workout music, use your own Bluetooth headphones, and the availability and comfort of the handlebars which are not too soft but not too hard either. It’s also very easy to move. It kind of reminds me of the thought that goes into the design and interphase with Apple and other top end products.

Suggestions:

- Workout Library – I have yet to find a workout series that I didn’t like, all the instructors are what you’d want in a workout ‘coach’. I look forward to additional content being added going forward.

- Saddle Height Knob – The first few times I used the bike I had to tighten the knob quite tight, it would be nice to have a different design/knob that was easier to lock into position. Not a major issue, just one for the suggestion box

Kevin

We highly value your detailed feedback and will use your suggestions going forward. Thank you for sharing! We're so glad you have enjoyed this studio cycle and hope we can assist you with any further concerns you may have. Message us directly on Facebook anytime for assistance and we will promptly respond.

Thanks - NordicTrack

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

This treadmill has got me back in the habit of working out. I still don't feel comfortable going in the gym for a workout. It's too risky especially with all the kiddos I have at home so I opted to get equipment for home. The treadmill was fairly easy to assemble. All the screws and such are labeled so when following the instructions it's easy peasy. This treadmill is top notch. It has all the bells and whistles and I just can't get enough. It has a Bluetooth speaker, who doesn't like to jam when getting a good workout in. The sound quality is amazing. There is also built in IFIT which lets me stream live and on demand workouts. This is a wonderful feature. On the days I don't feel like doing anything the trainers get me pumped up and motivated to complete my workout. "I was given this product for a reduced price in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion."

Whitney

Way to stay healthy and exercise in the safety of your home. We are glad to be a part of that for you and your family and are so happy to hear how satisfied you are with your treadmill and the iFIT membership library. Keep up that awesome motivation!

You can feel free to reach out to us on Facebook messenger anytime with questions or concerns. We're there for you.

Thanks - NordicTrack

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Easy setup. User friendly. I've wanted an exercise bike for a long time, so when this opportunity came up, I jumped, quick! This has already had a positive impact on my life and my well-being, and it's been less that a month! The bike can easily adjust with every user. It's not too big and bulky and can move easily. This came with a one year membership, which was an added bonus. I've joined some virtual groups and it makes me feel like I'm part of the fitness family world. There have been some people that I've talked to online that have encouraged me and motivated me to keep at it. The first few days were rough but now I've got the hang of it.

This brand has been around for so long and I've always watched the commercials, thinking, if only I had that piece of equipment in my life, I could control my health a lot more. It has, and it continues to get better. I would recommend this to friends and family. In fact, I like it so much, that I'm on the market for another one for my parents who suffer from diabetes. They only are able to work in summer and the winter gets rough on their health. This machine would help them stay healthy and be able to manage their health throughout the year. I received a discounted product in exchange for my honest feedback.

Latisha

Welcome to the cycling community! We’re so happy to hear that you are enjoying your bike and finding added motivation through the iFIT group.

We hope you are able to get a quality piece of equipment for your parents to implement into their healthy routines as well.

Never hesitate to reach out to us on Facebook with questions you have about your equipment.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I had heard good reviews of NordicTrack treadmills and I usually like to skip the middle man and purchase direct from the company where possible. I ordered a treadmill from Nordictrack, paying the 300 dollars extra for "white glove" shipping and in-home setup. It took a week for it to ship, then 2 weeks after receiving a shipping notification nothing had updated in their tracker and there was no new contact so I called them. They had no idea where the treadmill might be, and said they would "reship" the item.

Several days later I finally receive a phone call from the outsourced shippers who are supposed to set up at my home. They only come once "every week or two" to my area (I live in a medium sized city, this is not rural), and were able to book me 9 days later. I sat here all day throughout the pickup window, to be notified that the driver was running late but would still be there that day. At 9pm I was told they had no idea where he was, and maybe they could rebook me for a week later if I call back tomorrow.

I called nordictrack, spent 2 hours on the phone and had to raise my voice to finally get a refund minus a 250 dollar restocking fee. So now, I'm out 5 weeks and 250 dollars and I still don't have a treadmill, but I saved money not taking another day off of work. HORRIBLE shipping experience, go buy it at Best Buy if you really want it.

Darcy

We want to sincerely apologize for the experience you have had with the delivery of your unit. Once orders have left our warehouse, they are in the hands of third-party delivery companies. Your feedback is appreciated and will be passed on to leadership to address further.

Your satisfaction with our services is very important to us. Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions. You can find us at (833) 680-4348 or by emailing support@iFIT.com.

Thanks! - NordicTrack

Original review: June 16, 2022

We own 4 NordicTrack machines and all of them have some sort of issue. Our RW900 rower has a design flaw being that it only has one magnet to adjust tension. The spacing was incorrect and the tech stripped out the threading trying to repair it so now it only has one setting. We opted to try a different machine vs. a replacement since the rower has a very obvious design flaw. Went with the commercial 1750 treadmill . It has NEVER worked correctly with IFIT. The videos constantly buffer and often stop mid workout stating “poor WiFi”. Our WiFi is a google mesh wireless router with Spectrum service with 700Mbps download and 40Mbps upload physical located right next to the machines. Our FS10i elliptical and our S22i bike have also started having the same issues with buffering on IFIT. When IFIT works it's great, when it doesn’t, it’s maddening.

Customer service for ICON is the worst I have ever seen… even worse than AT&T/Comcast. Getting through is a nightmare. Once you get a sympathetic ear they will send you a litany of parts that will supposedly fix the problem — they don’t. The problem is a software update issue that ICON knows that they have a problem with but are extremely slow or failing to address. I have been battling this for the better part of the year and at this point in time wish that I would’ve saved the money and put it towards gym memberships. Avoid NordicTrack at all cost.

Gregg

We are glad to hear that when iFIT is working for you, it is great. But we are sorry for the buffering you have experienced on your units. Our developers are always working to keep our software up to date to prevent any buffering or connection problems.

We do care about you and your satisfaction. You are welcome to reach out to us again so we can readdress this for you. Feel free to contact us at (833) 680-4348 or email us at support@iFIT.com.

Thanks! - NordicTrack

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 12, 2022

I purchased a NordicTrack exercise bike in November 2021. I spoke to multiple reps via live chats and phone calls. NordicTrack is from/ associated with the company iFit. iFit runs the software for the NordicTrack bikes. I purchased my bike after heavy research between competitor bikes because of the availability of live classes. I was reassured by everyone I spoke to, probably 5 people (an estimate) that the live classes were vital to iFit and they would be guaranteed. Prior to purchasing, I reached out to the company as was ensured that live classes were offered all day morning through late evening. I bought a 2 year subscription to iFit because of these guarantees.

Fast forward only 1 month later and the live classes were only available in the mornings/early afternoons I believe until about 12pm or 1pm on weekdays. That was a big surprise as only a month prior I had been told that the live classes were guaranteed and the schedule was not changing. I contacted iFit via live chat and the representative said it was because the demand was low and the evening classes were no longer needed by customers. I thought that was very odd given that every time I logged in during the evenings there were usually at least 20 people in the workouts. This was the first big red flag.

Now to current date, as of May 27th 2022 live classes have been cancelled altogether due to a lawsuit with a competitor bike. I am enraged that I just spent $1900 on a bike that is basically worthless to me. There are no live classes. That was my entire incentive to purchase the bike and the subscription to the iFit software. When I reached out to both companies NordicTrack and iFit, the only resolution iFit offered me was a free one month subscription to iFit. First- the services are no longer adequate, second I already have a 2 year membership to the software that is no longer valuable and I want to get rid of, so this is a negative resolution, almost a slap in the face.

My product was registered when I received it on December 12, 2021 and is under warranty until February 11, 2023. There is a 30 day return policy, however given that the bike can not use other software companies and the iFit classes were cancelled due to a lawsuit that was hidden and not advertised to potential buyers, I believe this is fraud. NordicTrack and iFit did not explain during the countless times I contacted the companies that their live classes would be changing, they misled customers with false claims regarding live classes, and their customer support has been completely unhelpful with resolutions. I wish I never purchased this bike, will continue spreading word to family, friends, and on social media and will never use this company ever again.

Tiffany

Let’s address any misunderstanding.

All reps did not purposefully mislead. Live in-studio classes had a 1% participation rate among millions of iFIT members. The strategic decision to cancel was unrelated to any lawsuits. iFIT still holds Live events like marathons, etc.

We hope you benefit from your iFIT subscription’s other features including on-demand workouts and Live events. Find out more at ifit.zendesk.com.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: June 9, 2022

Dropped two stars specifically for their association with iFit. Otherwise their base product is easily 5 stars. I recently purchased NordicTrack treadmill. The NordicTrack's delivery and assembly team were extremely professional and was very happy. My experience dealing with iFit subscription cancelation was whole another story. iFit charged me a month's subscription though I told them I was not using their services even when it is free and would not like to continue theirs. It felt like iFit reached into my pocket and got the money.

I would not buy any other NordicTrack equipment if they are tightly coupled with iFit and would not recommend it to my friends. Though iFit is not listed as company in this forum, there are other forums that clearly indicate iFit provides very bad customer experience. I sincerely wish someone in NordicTrack is really tracking such reviews to cut down their association with iFit and switch to a more ethical company to provide instrumentation services.

Beli

Thanks for your feedback. We’re happy to know you experienced a professional delivery and assembly service.

We are sorry to hear that iFIT didn’t meet your expectations. NordicTrack equipment comes with a free trial to iFIT that activates membership to be auto renewed. This is canceled easily by logging in at iFIT.com and going to Settings. We are sorry for any misunderstanding.

If you need any care, see our pm for helpful contacts.

Thanks - NordicTrack, powered by iFIT

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 8, 2022

Recently we brought a brand new NordicTrack commercial 2450 that we brought straight from the manufacturer. First thing we were waiting for someone to contact us about a delivery date. No one contacted us but instead the day of we received a message saying that our treadmill was on the way. Good thing we were home. The next day excited to try out our new machine we were quickly disappointed to see that a piece had been broken off the machine. You couldn’t tell until you touched it and the whole piece just fell off. Then we found out that the fan did not work at all. Called Nordictrack after 3 different calls to customer service, over 3 hours hold time they scheduled to order the new parts and send out a technician. I was not super happy that I just brought a $2,000+ machine and it needed to be worked on… but okay.

The technician came, nice guy. After working on it he told me that the fan was not the issue but instead it was a computer problem and in order to Try to fix he would have to pull the computer board apart. (I might be getting some of these terms incorrect because I’m not a technician.) He also told me that the piece that fell off was completely damaged. He recorded this information and sent to Nordic track. Did they contact me… no! I’m still having to contact them. Today after 3 different calls I’m currently on hold after 43 minutes waiting to speak to a manager because the person I spoke to said the manager would like to try to fix machine instead of replacing it. I politely asked him how would they feel to have purchased a large ticket item that is not working properly, sent out a technician once and still won’t replace it. I never write reviews but this is so crazy to me.

London

We are sorry for the delay in the needed services on this unit. We are confident we can get this resolved and thank you for your patience as we assess this in more detail.

Our delivery and service technicians are ordered through a third party business in your area. Let us know if any of these services do not meet your expectations and we will investigate.

If you email or call us, we will need your order number to best assist you further. Please see our PM for further information.

Than