NordicTrack

Compare Fitness Equipment

Research top Fitness Equipment recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I never write reviews but I feel the need to warn others before ordering anything from NordicTrack. I placed an order on a Thursday afternoon. Came across this site later that day and read reviews. Was a little leery about my purchase after reading the negative comments. Thought about it overnight and I just didn't feel comfortable spending $2000 on an item from a company with such negative feedback.

So I called Friday afternoon to cancel. I was on hold for 22 minutes and someone finally picked up only to tell me that he could not do a return but that it shouldn't be a problem because it showed it was still processing. So he gave me the phone # for returns but said they were in some kind of training and would not be available for another 45 minutes. I tried calling right away anyway but sure enough a recording came on saying they would be away from the phones for 1 1/2 hours to train on how to better service the customers. So I called back an hour later. I was on hold for over 20 minutes and I had to hang up cause I had to go to work.

So anyway I called back first thing Monday morning, I was on hold for over 50 minutes. I am not exaggerating my phone shows a 58 minute phone call and I only spoke with a person for maybe 5 mins tops! Anyway she says "No problem we can process your return minus $368 fee." Freight charges and restocking fee. I explain how I had spoken with someone Friday who said my order was still processing and return would not be a problem. She says it has left the warehouse and is shipped. I don't believe that for a second, however I know she is only doing what she is trained to do and it's not her fault she works for such a crappy company. This whole thing is just really upsetting to me. I tend to not believe negative reviews I read but in this case what everyone is saying is true. Do not order from NordicTrack!!! My husband and I went to a local fitness shop and purchased a piece of equipment that I know will be backed up by the company.

NordicTrack customer service promised me a $199.00 refund back to my CC for a terrible delivery and assembly issue. I called customer service several times and was PROMISED each time that my card would be credited within 48 hours. One month later I received a credit of $149.00. Each time I called them I would be on hold for well over an hour, only to get someone who couldn't help me, then transfer me to again wait for nearly an hour. NordicTrack has the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I WILL NEVER buy from them or recommend them again.

I have to give one star because I cannot give less!!! Terrible customer service, terrible support... This is by far the worse company I have ever bought from. I cannot even rate the product because I never got it. Every time I contacted them to have information about my order I got nothing not even a reply. I recommend you triple check. This brand is not behind the product you are getting. You will not get the high service you expect for the high price tag associated with it.

Ordered Dec 2nd for Christmas gift. Promised 7-10 days delivery. Billed credit card same day. Multiple calls to upsell warranties. No calls to deliver product. I tried making inquiries, terminal hold. No confidence in the product or company after this experience.

After months of debating with my wife about purchasing a treadmill we finally went with NordicTrack. Since day one it has been a horrible experience, we purchased the c700 treadmill which was on sale at the time and we were on a budget. We also purchased the White Glove service and paid an extra $249. Three weeks passed by with no treadmill, and every time we called NordicTrack it was another excuse. The company that they use MDX was also giving us the runaround and no one could give us a true answer. So, about a week later I called NordicTrack again and they apologized that they had taken so long but once again another lie because they promised us a refund for the so called White Glove service. Finally, on December the 8th our machine was delivered and it was another disaster. The so called white glove service was horrible.

The two idiots that the company sent couldn't screw a damn thing. They came to my house unprepared with no tools, they didn't speak English and with attitudes. I had to assemble the machine myself after I had just paid $249 for ** service that I was promised. So far, it's been about a month since I was told about the refund and every time that I call NordicTrack it's another excuse next week, next week, I was even told a specific date of December the 23rd that I would receive my refund. When you call them they have nasty attitudes like it's the customer's fault that they are incompetent and a horrible ** company. DO NOT buy from NordicTrack. STAY AWAY!!! My next step will be filing a lawsuit this company should not be getting away with horrible customer service and denying customers refunds back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Decided on the one with back support for stability. Purchased in Sears store 9/07 2016. Delivered after 9/26/2016. Within that first week it was inoperable. Settings were off. After much discussion between Sears and NordicTrack, a new one was delivered. After 10/10/2016, something kept going wrong. NordicTrack wanted for me to go digging into some area and removing something. By some miracle the person on phone agreed to send tech, with the part which might be the problem. Sometime in November '16 he came and the part was not working correctly. He was unable to fix the problem. He said it had to do with the main panel computer.

Today he came to installed the part, and something else is wrong with the new part. I called Sears. The manager of the dept. remembered all that went wrong from the beginning and has sent some kind of "escalating" email to the company. Tomorrow I'll go put a complaint for NordicTrack in my local newspaper. I has given them the benefit of the doubt, but they are unreliable.

I purchased a unit from Nordictrack and paid for in home delivery and assembly. 10 minutes into my workout, a leg goes flying off of the machine. I could've been seriously injured. I had them come back and reassemble the machine but they were unable to return for two weeks. The machine is reassembled and I use it a total of 5x. I develop muscle spasms in my back and unable to use the machine any longer. I realize that I am over the 30 day return policy. However, I contact Nordictrack and ask for an exchange of equipment, willing to accept a cheaper unit, pay for the restocking fee, delivery, assembly and disassembly of the original unit.

They absolutely refused stating that their policy is 30 day returns only. I reiterated the issues incurred by Nordictrack and the unit causing injury and they still refused. I find it hard to believe that a company of this size isn't willing to make good on a very expensive purchase. I do not recommend purchasing from this company. They are uncooperative, unsuccessful and apparently cannot assemble a machine properly when they offer such a service. Don't lose your money, as I did.

In 3 days, it will be a month since I placed my order with Nordictrack. The order was cancelled 3 days later and the item was never sent to me. Almost 4 weeks later and I still have not received a refund. I was first told it will only be a few days because they were issuing a "hot refund." Those few days became 2 weeks with the next person I spoke to and then 3 to 4 weeks to the last person I spoke to.

Again, it has now been the 4 weeks and I have still not received a dime back for something I never even received. I am now preparing a lawsuit because the Fortiva creditor they work with (also scammers in my opinion) are trying to bill me for something I never received. SAVE YOUR MONEY! SAVE YOUR TIME! I didn't listen to the reviews and this is the price I pay. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I purchased this on Tuesday and it's Thursday. I called to cancel as I was unaware that this product wasn't going to show for TWO WEEKS! They proceeded to tell me that they wanted to charge me $280 to put it back on the shelf! It hasn't even shipped yet. If it had shipped there's no way it will take two weeks to receive. Awful experience all around. Will never purchase equipment again from this company. I paid $800 for the product. To charge half that to put it back on the shelf is unheard of. TOTAL RIP OFF.

We attempted to purchase a NordicTrack Elite 4.4 exercycle, first at Sears (which wanted $169 to deliver and assemble a $379 machine). Contacted NordicTrack directly (they advertised "Free Shipping" on their site). Well the "free shipping" is curbside only--nice way to get a large package stolen! If you want it at your door, it's 100 bucks and if you want it delivered inside and assembled, it's $249. Really?? $249 to deliver and assemble a $379 machine??? That's 74%. Like paying $34,800 for a $20,000 car if the dealership drives it to your door. Needless to say, we'll look elsewhere.

I ordered my FreeStride Trainer Sept. 1 which I just received 29 days later. This was a serious "cluster" from ordering to delivery, broken product, and they cancelled my warranty! The first problem was a guy who called me to upsell their warranty and IFIT membership. I said fine, but I did not ask him to tap my new line of credit opened specifically to take advantage of the financing. Well obviously, it kept being declined because they gave me a credit line only for what I originally purchased. I told him no and to leave it alone. He kept trying though! And I kept getting decline letters!

So finally, it was scheduled - no show - I got a call at 8:20PM saying they couldn't make it. After fighting to get this unit delivered after many calls to NordicTrack and the delivery company - I kept getting the runaround. So about 3 weeks in I cancelled the unit. Well then I finally got a call it would be delivered, again. Ugh, so instead of paying the mandatory 10% restocking fee (even if it is their fault) I went ahead and scheduled it again. I paid for white glove delivery, they came and assembled but they didn't fire up the console, nor calibrated it, so I did those tasks after they left to find 3 vertical lines in the console screen (Awaiting for NordicTrack to call on that so we'll see how they handle this).

I then tried to log in to my IFIT I purchased from them for $99, well it required a code - so I called NordicTrack again. They said I cancelled it! And my extended warranty was cancelled too when I cancelled my order. But they said they could add it back on... Oh wait it's now $144 for the IFIT "and" the "upsell salesman" actually did change my order, so they refused to honor my original order even though I had proof (email receipt) I could send them. I normally don't get my hackles up - it takes a lot. But if I could do it over, I would not have ordered from NordicTrack. Do yourself a favor - go get a Precor.

Nordictrack Elliptical - I paid thousands of dollars for a machine. White glove installation. I wish I had read some of the previous review on this site. I would never have bought this machine or dealt with this company. Truck drivers put machine together. Now three months later falling apart. My machine has been down for two months. I also bought extended warranty and in-home service. Two months later, and I still have not been able to get a service tech or as they call them a "qualified service technician" to come service the machine, which just shut down for no reason. Advice to all, stay away from this company and don't get fooled by their ads on TV. These people only know how to sell, but they have zero skills in service or follow up which is more important than the damn machine itself.

If I could give 0 or -10 stars, I would. I only wish I had read these first. Ordered 4 weeks ago, promised 4 times, finally had enough today. No delivery again, no call. Lies and more lies. Thankful it didn't arrive so I don't have to deal with the other issues read here. So I guess I'm the lucky one... Never arrived and just a lot of time wasted. DO NOT ORDER FROM NORDICTRACK. They have NO customer service and they DO NOT CARE about you! Save your money, buy a good bike and enjoy the outdoors.

I purchased the NordicTrack Incline Trainer x9i via Nordictrack.com on July 3, 2015. I paid for the 3-year warranty and for them to deliver and assemble. The incline trainer was set-up in my master bedroom and hasn't been moved since they delivered. I was caring for a very sick parent and undergoing home renovations so the machine was not used for the first six months after purchase. Once I did begin using it, I loved it. I had purchased iFit and really enjoyed walking/running on it almost daily.

In August of this year, while walking on it, I felt a jolt and then another and all of a sudden the belt just stopped moving. Everything else seemed to still be working the incline, the console it seemed to be just the belt. I called NordicTrack in early August and spoke to a rep who was troubleshooting with me over the phone. As he was trying to diagnose the problem a burning rubber smell started coming from the machine so the rep told me to shut it down and unplug it. He said it was the motor drive and that he would be sending me a replacement. I was still under warranty so it was of no charge to me. I asked the rep how difficult is it to replace the motor drive, he assured me it was quite simple and instructions would be included with the new motor drive and there are also videos online to help me. Ok, no problem.

A few days later I did receive the motor drive which in a box and the instructions stated I needed to turn my incline trainer to the side. Now, for those of you who have this incline trainer you know how incredibly heavy it is (350 pounds) so there's no way on earth I could turn it to the side as stated in the instructions. I made a call on August 19 to NordicTrack to explain to them that I would need a service tech to come and install this motor drive for me. I was on hold for a good 22 minutes before hanging up with frustration. I then decided to go online and submit a service request detailing my issue and my contact information (which was required).

The next day on August 20, I received an email back stating that my email had been received and I should be expecting a call from a service tech within 3-5 business days to schedule an appointment to come install my new motor drive. That call never came so on September 2, I contacted NordicTrack's customer service line again. I explained to the gentleman I spoke to what the issue was, what I was told, and that I had not received any phone call. After being put on hold for a few minutes he came back on the line and told me he submitted another service call and a tech would contact in within 24 hours. That never happened.

Today, is September 9, and I still had not heard back so once again I contacted NordicTrack, very frustrated by this point since I've been trying to get a service tech here since August 19. After being on hold for 16 minutes I hung up and used the live chat on the website. I was asked for the serial number which I provided and was told they couldn't find my records even though that was the correct serial number. I then provided them with my phone number so they can

look up my information and five minutes later I still hadn't received a response back from the live chat person. I finally had to wake him up and he connected me with someone else.

After explaining my situation yet again, this person named Kyrie looked up my information and saw that they (NordicTrack) had made several attempts to get in contact with the service company but were unsuccessful. WHAT? No one bothered to contact me the customer to let me know so I've been waiting for a phone call that would of never came. The apology I received was not going to put the motor drive into my incline trainer so as you can imagine I was livid by this point. I told Kyrie how disgusted I was this their customer service and that fact that even after I asked Kyrie to call me during our live chat, Kyrie did not. I couldn't get through on the phone as I called NordicTrack again while live chatting with Kyrie to speak to a live person instead of chat, that wasn't happening. I was never able to get through.

After I demanded to know who was going to call me back because Kyrie said I was going to get a call within 24-48 hours (I've heard this before) she gave me the phone number and name of the company they used. Kyrie explained they were able to reach the manager and someone would call me back and that was 6 hours ago. I ended up calling that number of course with no luck, no answer, no voicemail. I couldn't even find a company called On Time Services (what a joke of a name) in FL. I am beyond angry and will be calling NordicTrack again and again until someone is able to help me. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I purchased a NordicTrack Freestride FS7i and at first I was very happy. My brother used it a lot and lost enough weight in a couple months to avoid knee surgery. I can work on it and my knee doesn't hurt, so when it works I love it. The touchscreen is the only really difficult to deal with. They don't tell you that in order to store your workout history you have to pay for the ifit subscription, you can email it when you're done but it's difficult to type in your email and then sometimes you don't get it.

A couple of months after my purchase the incline stopped working, not a big problem they sent me a new incline motor and the repair man put it in, no cost to me because it was under warranty. However that did not fix the problem so he ordered a new monitor. He just installed the monitor today and as it turns out the replacement incline motor didn't work, so now I have to wait on another incline motor. He told me both times he's been here that I should get the extended warranty which is not a good sign. For a $3000 machine this is ridiculous.

NordicTrack Elite 10.7 - I have had the same bad experience as all others listed here. 2 hours wait to be able to talk to someone on the telephone after transfer. The chat line folks would ask me to take something apart and then when I get back to the chat, they had hung up, several times, then I have wait another 20 minutes to get someone back. I paid Sears $275 for this bogus extended warranty plan and they are so embarrassed they can't even talk to you without saying "we'll get back to you." Of course they never do.

Well, I'm now awaiting parts and the service technician. Based on what I'm reading, I'm not too hopeful. A class action suit needs to be filed against this company ASAP. BTW, the piece of junk was made in China - so NordicTrack pays 10 cents an hour labor and accepts substandard materials and QC. YOU get stuck with all the problems while the owners hire some telephone flunkies and laugh all the way to the bank. Unbelievable.

Landfill. The NordicTrack X11i Incline Trainer is Landfill. I could make all the same remarks, just like in the 340 previous NordicTrack reviews that are on this website. I could tell you once again about the bad customer service and poor quality product… because it is… This company is completely unacceptable. You are buying landfill.

After doing the proper research on the NordicTrack X11i. I found out far more than I bargained for. I found out about the company that makes this machine, Icon Health and Fitness. Icon Health and Fitness, is NOT backed by the Better Business Bureau. NordicTrack, is NOT backed by the Better Business Bureau. Please read the reviews on this website. Had I started here, at Consumer Affairs, I would not have purchased this machine. I also held an unrealistic view of trust regarding spokesperson, Jillian Michaels and those in positions of leadership at Icon Health and Fitness.

Please research the following websites and then ask yourself… Do I REALLY want to do business with these folks? The Better Business Bureau. The search is easy. Use the business name, Icon Health and Fitness. You will need the location, Logan, UT. www.bbb.org. Consumer Product Safety Commission. The search is easy. Use the business name, Icon Health and Fitness. www.cpsc.gov. Freedom of Information Act. The search is easy. When you get to their page, click the tab marked Find (there are five tabs… Home, Data, Reports, Find, Learn), use the business name and location, Icon Health and Fitness Logan UT. www.foia.gov. Safer Products. The search is easy. Use the business name, Icon Health and Fitness. www.saferproducts.gov.

You’re the customer. You work hard for your money. Me? At this point, with the research that I have done, and the things that I have uncovered in regards to Icon Health and Fitness, the makers of NordicTrack, I am not only disappointed with my NordicTrack experience, I now have greater concerns, for all, past, present or future consumers of Icon Health and Fitness. Time to boycott this company. To quote the great consumer advocate Ralph Nader… “Unsafe at Any Speed”.

We have the NTEVEL75910.4. The complete chassis of the first broke off (see 3 photos). After months it was replaced by a new one (for free). Here an arm broke off (see photo) but it was out of the guarantee period (of the first one). I ordered a spare one (received without a problem). But I do not want to think of the dangers while we were using this bad product. We used it 1-2 hours per day (max.) and our weight is lower than 75 kgs. These products seem completely unsafe, even by little use.

I'd just like to add another complaint about nonexistent service from this company. I can't believe I get mail solicitations to purchase extended warranties. My experience is that I cannot reach anyone on telephone nor email nor successfully login to my account. I get feeling is that they've cut down on the number of staff answering phones, maintaining their computer systems. Their service is a sham. If you are confident in your own ability to maintain or repair product, fine. Or if you feel you can get Sears to set up and be sure the product is working well when you first buy it, fine. Otherwise, avoid this company, avoid their products!

I purchased their X9 incline trainer at the beginning of May 2015, by July I already had to have the motor replaced. In March, the belt shredded. It took a month for them to send a repair person out. Turns out the new motor was already bad, the belt was the wrong size, the rear roller bar was warped and the incline motor did not hold an incline. He returned in 3 weeks when all the parts were shipped. After 3 hours trying to fix my machine he figured out the rear frame was bent and the machine could not be fixed. The machine has been sitting in my apartment in pieces, it cannot be fixed, and NordicTrack keeps asking for photos of the damage. I've now sent them multiple photos of the machine 2 times, they keep telling me they want different angles each time I submit them, and they still have not replaced my machine. I've been able to use it for less than a year. Do not buy unless you like disappointment.

NordicTrack A.C.T. COMMERCIAL 10 Elliptical Machine - Purchased this machine in April, 2016. Made a loud noise right out of the box. Found that the right foot pedal was rubbing the side housing, due to excessive slack in the side to side motion of the pedal arm. Should be 1" or less, and there was over 6" of movement. Because of this excessive sideways movement, the pedal would rub the housing if it slid to the right, causing the noise. And if it slid to the left, it could fall off the roller that it rode on, which would bring the pedal to an abrupt stop, which is a real safety concern. You could actually break your foot if this happened! I called NordicTrack about the problem, and they asked me to take the machine apart, and let them know what parts I was in need of, as per their parts diagram in the back of the manual... Really? You send out a brand new, yet broken machine to the customer, and you expect the customer to troubleshoot it, and tell you what parts are needed?

I played along with their little game, and I told the customer service rep that the broken part was not actually on the diagram, as it appeared to be a pressed in bushing to the pedal arm, so the whole pedal arm would have to be replaced. There was only a piece of the rubber bushing there. Someone broke the bushing during assembly, and instead of getting a new bushing and trying again, they decided to just put a piece of the broken bushing in place, figuring no one would ever know. Great quality control... Looks like NordicTrack does not care if the customer gets hurt or not. So the rep sent me the new pedal arm, and when I received it, the pressed in bushings were not pressed in at all. They came in a separate little Baggie. Wow! Now they expect the customer to have machining tools to press the bushings in?

I managed to get them in ok, only because I have an extensive background in machining and assembly, but the average person would not be able to assemble these bushings. I had to press them in with a commercial bench vise, and it was no easy task. I now have the machine working ok, but I fear there will be more problems popping up, since the people that they use to assemble their products show no signs of intelligence whatsoever. I have included a picture with this complaint to ConsumerAffairs so that they can see what was actually assembled into this product, along with a picture of what was suppose to be installed. Hopefully, they can take action against this company for such incompetence before they really hurt someone bad!

Nordictrack Freestrider FS7i - Purchase the equipment in April 2016 and components started failing May 2016, of course 2 days after return policy. The fitness equipment has been non-functional since May 18, 2016 until today (July 15, 2016). The service technician has visit to repair the equipment 3 times during this time frame and each time is unable to due to the identification of another component failure. Icon the support company has sent 5 different components to be replace and still waiting on another component.

When I contact the support company Icon, I requested a replacement to this obviously "lemon" equipment. They stated they only replace the equipment after a certain dollar limit is ascertain from the repairs. Bottom line, I purchased this equipment 4 months ago, and it has only be usable for 1 month. There were other reviews that stated this machine was "junk." I ignored it. SO PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS MACHINE AND MAKE MISTAKE. Icon provides the worst support I ever received from any service organization.

TAKE MY WORD FOR WHAT ITS WORTH. NEVER BUY A NORDICTRACK, OR DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY ALSO ICON. Bought a NordicTrack X11i in November 2015. Salesman assured me the motor issues had been resolved. It's now June 2016 mother board has gone out, and now the motor has quit working. Called customer service and all you get is lies and the run around. They do not stand behind their products. Told me the motors are on back order. WELL HELLO it's such a problem that they can't keep them in stock. The service man told me that he has to work overtime because the machines are so bad. Read the other reviews same problem over and over. BUYER BEWARE!!!

NordicTrack GX 4.7 Recumbent Cycle - Lots of fancy talk. Functions at a very basic level and is not intuitive enough to get any information out of your workout. The user interface from a first glance looked promising but after many attempts to get in and explore this machine's capabilities I gave up. Signage, advertising and overall marketing words selling this machine is clearly overrated. The words "Ifit", graphics display, audio compatibility, easy to use are used to convince the novice they are getting state of the art exercising machine. I bought it because of those words and of course the price. Yes, I got what I paid for but I didn't get what all those words were meant to mean. The spirit of the marketing was never met in my case.

The display is a 1990's technology with very little meaningful information. The pulse monitor no matter how gentle or how well positioned never read my pulse correctly and I mean never! If it were correct I should have been dead looking at the numbers. Even at rest without the sweat and movement the pulse monitoring system is a child's toy. The display of the track and progress you are supposedly working on is useless and lacks even the most rudimentary intuitiveness. The fan is noisy and hardly moves air. Nordic should have kept this one stripped down and not try to fool the public with all this useless added on so called "features". However it is functional as a stationary bike, you know, the kind your mom use to use 30 years ago. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

My NordicTrack Recumbent Bike is a disappointment since it is not durable as anyone would expect. The Customer Service is totally inadequate. No matter what time of the day or which day of the week I called, there is a very long wait for them to pick up the phone. It resulted in calling back, hoping the next call would be answered in a reasonable time.

Worse is the exercise bike failed to operate as required. The pulse reading either did not come on or jumped from one number to the next that was totally unreliable. If that was not enough, the resistance level would not stay at one number, resulting in the bike being impossible to work because the Level jumped well above the level that I had been using and was comfortable. I had to constantly correct the level of resistance back to "1" only for it to jump up to 9, or to 6, never the same. When I tried to return to the lower resistance level, the time would also change BACK to a shorter time. Hence, I could not keep track of the time on the bike or how using it was impacting my pulse, heart and health. Also, I began to hear noise from the operating system.

They worst experience besides the long delays in getting to talk to someone was having to REPEAT the problems to a second employee after a lengthy dialogue with the first one. All this besides being placed on hold during the conversation. At the end of the discussion, I was told they were ordering a new console, beatings and motor. However, NONE OF THE PARTS WERE IN STOCK.

What strains credulity is that this was prescribed by my doctor and as a medical device one needs to utilize on an ongoing basis. However, the firm offered no replacement, did not provide a temporary loaner, or consider taking parts from their inventory of existing machines. Moreover, no reasonable timeline was provided for delivery of back ordered parts and repair. Shame on NordicTrack for failing to follow the Golden Rule (do unto others as you want to thyself). Totally lacking in the Ethic of Reciprocity, this experience shows me the corporation has no protocols and procedures to provide the minimum customer service that is expected when purchasing their products that are under warranty (God only knows how they will handle Calls under their extended policy).

I was so excited to order my Freestrider FS7i and saved up as $2,000 is much more than I usually would spend on that kind of purchase. I finally ordered it at the end of Jan and it took almost a month to receive it and it delivered and set up. I should have known when it was set up by a delivery company that took over an hour and half, something was wrong. My first service request was less than 2 weeks later. I input online, they never responded. I contacted them via email and got a response. A tech came out and lo and behold the machine was set up wrong. By the time he got there I had discovered problem #2. I reported that to Icon. He ordered the part. They lost the order. I gave them over 3 weeks before I emailed them. They replied that it was not put in and they would send the part.

Over a week later I still had not received the part and I emailed them on that and to report problem #3 that prevented use of the machine (incline was not functional). NO RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL. I did get an email offering me an extended warranty and the gentleman from that responded when I replied back to him how exceptionally pleased (not) I was with them on having a 400 lb. paperweight with 3 service requests and their customer service not even responding to my emails. Tech came out, part they sent was broken on arrival (I had not opened the package before his arrival) so my machine is still a 400 lb. paperweight and now I have to restart my gym membership I stopped because I bought a $2000 piece of home equipment.

I have initiated a return with them and plan on putting a dispute on my credit card as I don't trust them as far as I can throw them to actually refund my money. I am a lucky one as all this has happened in the first 2 billing cycles of my CC so I can dispute. I feel bad for those that it goes further with and cannot do that.

Please do not buy from this company. Go elsewhere. You will regret this purchase.

I urge anyone not to buy a product from this company and to think again. We purchased a treadmill (around £1200) after just under two years, the motor and the circuit board both packed in, which to get fixed is over £400 to repair. As we did not register the product (we know our fault but lots of us don't as we expect good reliability) they don't want to know. Please be warned if you've got spare cash and want a treadmill. Stay away from their products.

Consumer Increased Rating!

The bike has finally arrived. The second shipment arrived damaged so it took another extra week. They did refund a $100.00 dollars for the inconvenience.

Doina of San Diego, CA on

Original Review

I should have checked the reviews. I ordered a recumbent bike a while back. Today was delivery day and setup. The delivery persons when opening the box realized parts were incomplete. Only one box out of 2 made it. So they left the box and called the company and recommended that I follow up also. After waiting twenty minutes on the phone they had send the second box on the 27 of March and to a different delivery company! So whenever that company gets it, they will call for delivery and assembly.

It seems unbelievable that they did not ship both boxes at the same time and to the same company. Incompetence to the highest level. I will have to take off from work to have the item delivered. I am concerned now with the quality especially if I will need repairs. I also asked to make sure they send the Mat. She said it was mailed yesterday. The e-mail I got from the company stated all was shipped. I really regret I did not do more research, very expensive lesson learned $1200.

We really use home exercise equipment -- we've worn out two machines, so this time we thought we would invest in a top-of-the-line NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer. From the start it seemed shaky. Requests for help were met with complicated DIY videos. Four months after purchase it stopped working altogether. A new belt was ordered and a technician lined up. Six weeks later, no word on the part. Emails and filling out the customer contact form led to no results. I tried calling multiple times but they said they were closed even during posted hours. Finally got through today (after three tries) and was told the part had been shipped from China (!) but there was no estimate of when it would be delivered. They won't just swap out the faulty machine. I'm disappointed in the quality of the product and in the customer service. I won't buy another NordicTrack or recommend one to anyone.

10% restocking fee and $179 for shipping! Read on to find out how they trap you. Ordered a FreeStrider to get in shape for 2016. After waiting about three weeks (they estimated delivery in two weeks) I contact the sales person who reached out to me to purchase the extended warranty. He was surprised nobody had contacted me that my machine was damaged in transit. He asked if I wanted a refund or for them to ship me a new machine. I asked if they could offer in-home setup for the delay and he agreed. So I then made a huge mistake and told them to ship a new machine.

Two weeks later I get a call from the delivery company but was unable to get to my phone because I was at work. During my next break I called the number that had been left on the voice mail. After waiting about 20 minutes I opted to leave a message as they "were experiencing high call volume." Two or three days go by and I get the same call and voice mail, same "experiencing high call volume" on the call back, and leave another message.

A few days later the shipping company calls me again in the morning and I was able to pick up. I told her my wife would be home on Wednesday, I could be home after 5 Mon.-Fri. and we could be available on Saturday or Sunday. They inform me they can only deliver during normal business hours on Tuesday or Friday. When I let the rep know that does not work for me she basically tells me, "Too bad." I said those times are not convenient. The rep tells me dead serious: "WE DO NOT CONVENIENCE OUR CUSTOMERS"!!! I let her know that if they cannot deliver the machine on the three days we are to be home, or in the early evening, then to cancel the order. They tell me I need to speak with Returns.

After another extended hold the Returns person tells me that to cancel the order I need to pay $179 shipping + 10% restocking fee (approx. $400). They have not delivered anything. Why should I be subjected to a shipping and restocking fee??? I disputed the charge with my credit card company and am now hoping that this will assist my case. I recommend this route as it makes them do work to keep the money and if enough people complain maybe the credit card companies will not allow purchases from them. Do not do business with NordicTrack!

Expert Review

Mark BarrosoHealth and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.    More about Mark→

NordicTrack has one of the best reputations in the fitness industry. It has been in business for over three decades and originally became famous for its ski machines, although today it manufactures all sorts of exercise equipment.

• Full range of console services: NordicTrack’s web-enabled touchscreen consoles allow users to browse the Internet, watch TV or play video games while exercising, making the process more fun for most people.
  • Adjustable cushioning on tracks: Treadmills and other equipment come with adjustable cushioning to protect users’ feet from impact injuries while using the machines.
  • Some models are meant to improve heart health: The incline trainer model offers a variety of inclines and programs to help boost heart health.
  • Powerful motors: NordicTrack device motors can support high-speed workouts with the x11i Incline Trainer providing 4.25 horsepower. As an added bonus, the motors are not overly loud.
  • Steeper inclines: Consumers who want a more intense workout can set their NordicTrack machines to steeper inclines than some of the competing brands. The incline trainers reach a 40 percent incline and up to a -6 percent decline.
  • Best for Consumers who want to buy a treadmill, elliptical, glider, indoor cycling cycling bike, upright/recumbent bike, rower or ski machine.

Compare Fitness Equipment