NordicTrack

Compare Fitness Equipment

Research top Fitness Equipment recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So a few months ago I mentioned my issues I was having with NordicTrack. Although they were definitely not helping me with my problem the lady I talked to assured me they would help me so I held off bashing their customer service. Well let me tell you how it has gone. I spent a good chunk of money on my treadmill and after a year and a half of a lot of use it started making an awful squeaking sound. I contacted the online chat people for NordicTrack and they told me it was the storage bar and they would send me a new one. This was in Feb. So I get the storage bar and it didn't do squat so I contacted them AGAIN. This time they assured me it was these spring things and they would send them right out... because ya know, I am a treadmill repair man and should have no problem taking my treadmill apart.

So I get 2 of the 3 parts (with zero instructions) and when I contacted them they said the other part was back ordered and it would be mid June before I got it. Now in the time between Feb and June my warranty ran out. I had already purchased an extended warranty because as I said, it was an expensive treadmill. So I asked them for instructions for the parts and they sent me a video (which by the way was NOT even for the parts I got). At this point I figure if I have to do it all myself I am going to cancel the extended warranty and I tell them that so the lady says, "As soon as you get the part call us and we will schedule a technician to come fix it!!"

So I FINALLY get the part last Thursday, I contact them to get a technician and she says, "Your machine is out of warranty now, you will have to contact the warranty people!" I contacted the warranty people 3 days straight and it always went to a recording of how busy they are and try again later. 7 hours later my husband found the screw that was loose and fixed my treadmill. DO NOT BUY FROM NORDICTRACK UNLESS YOU CAN FIX IT YOUR DAMN SELF!!!

Plain and simple, a purchase like this should require professional assembly. I was already disappointed that in order to buy the machine I wanted, you HAVE to purchase the iFit app which is 39/month, and required in full for the year at the time of purchase. Why not say, 500+ dollars for the year???!! Or better yet, include it for free with the customer's 2000 machine.

So when I found out that my order was being shipped UPS and no assembly was required… That upset me more. I strongly believe that if someone is going to buy a machine like this, for this kind of money, the company should include assembly to make sure it is put together right. Not ship it UPS and then after the face, send you an email stating that if you want it assembled, it's an extra 150+ dollars??? Really? Bad business. I'm not very happy.

The NordicTrack is good for couple workouts. The weights are heavy enough for a man & light enough for women. It also turns into multiple different workouts for your arms, forearms, your core, your buttocks, and all leg muscles. If you start slow, it will build muscles in no time.

Although they may provide a good product the customer service is the worst ever. After my product taking twice the amount of weeks as promised they could not get it scheduled for delivery. After a week of this I had them return the product. I have been fighting for a credit. When I call I will hold anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour and a half. No one has helped me and when I ask for a manager to call me back they take the information and absolutely no one calls me back. I am now having to make payments on a machine I do not have and have been unable to get any help on credit for my returned product. The product was returned two weeks ago and to date I call almost daily with no resolve and no one calls me back. All I want is my credit back to my account.

First, the carrier tries to deliver a 400# piece of equipment with no means of getting it off the truck. Nordictrack expects you to somehow accomplish this. Then we pay $250 for "White Glove Service". It has been 2 weeks since they deposited the money and after spending 43 minutes on hold with Service who transferred me to hold for 62 minutes with Billing, I still cannot get an answer from anyone on where it is. Do yourself a HUGE favor and do not buy anything from this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

I never write reviews but I feel the need to warn others before ordering anything from NordicTrack. I placed an order on a Thursday afternoon. Came across this site later that day and read reviews. Was a little leery about my purchase after reading the negative comments. Thought about it overnight and I just didn't feel comfortable spending $2000 on an item from a company with such negative feedback.

So I called Friday afternoon to cancel. I was on hold for 22 minutes and someone finally picked up only to tell me that he could not do a return but that it shouldn't be a problem because it showed it was still processing. So he gave me the phone # for returns but said they were in some kind of training and would not be available for another 45 minutes. I tried calling right away anyway but sure enough a recording came on saying they would be away from the phones for 1 1/2 hours to train on how to better service the customers. So I called back an hour later. I was on hold for over 20 minutes and I had to hang up cause I had to go to work.

So anyway I called back first thing Monday morning, I was on hold for over 50 minutes. I am not exaggerating my phone shows a 58 minute phone call and I only spoke with a person for maybe 5 mins tops! Anyway she says "No problem we can process your return minus $368 fee." Freight charges and restocking fee. I explain how I had spoken with someone Friday who said my order was still processing and return would not be a problem. She says it has left the warehouse and is shipped. I don't believe that for a second, however I know she is only doing what she is trained to do and it's not her fault she works for such a crappy company. This whole thing is just really upsetting to me. I tend to not believe negative reviews I read but in this case what everyone is saying is true. Do not order from NordicTrack!!! My husband and I went to a local fitness shop and purchased a piece of equipment that I know will be backed up by the company.

NordicTrack customer service promised me a $199.00 refund back to my CC for a terrible delivery and assembly issue. I called customer service several times and was PROMISED each time that my card would be credited within 48 hours. One month later I received a credit of $149.00. Each time I called them I would be on hold for well over an hour, only to get someone who couldn't help me, then transfer me to again wait for nearly an hour. NordicTrack has the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I WILL NEVER buy from them or recommend them again.

Ordered Dec 2nd for Christmas gift. Promised 7-10 days delivery. Billed credit card same day. Multiple calls to upsell warranties. No calls to deliver product. I tried making inquiries, terminal hold. No confidence in the product or company after this experience.

I purchased a unit from Nordictrack and paid for in home delivery and assembly. 10 minutes into my workout, a leg goes flying off of the machine. I could've been seriously injured. I had them come back and reassemble the machine but they were unable to return for two weeks. The machine is reassembled and I use it a total of 5x. I develop muscle spasms in my back and unable to use the machine any longer. I realize that I am over the 30 day return policy. However, I contact Nordictrack and ask for an exchange of equipment, willing to accept a cheaper unit, pay for the restocking fee, delivery, assembly and disassembly of the original unit.

They absolutely refused stating that their policy is 30 day returns only. I reiterated the issues incurred by Nordictrack and the unit causing injury and they still refused. I find it hard to believe that a company of this size isn't willing to make good on a very expensive purchase. I do not recommend purchasing from this company. They are uncooperative, unsuccessful and apparently cannot assemble a machine properly when they offer such a service. Don't lose your money, as I did.

In 3 days, it will be a month since I placed my order with Nordictrack. The order was cancelled 3 days later and the item was never sent to me. Almost 4 weeks later and I still have not received a refund. I was first told it will only be a few days because they were issuing a "hot refund." Those few days became 2 weeks with the next person I spoke to and then 3 to 4 weeks to the last person I spoke to.

Again, it has now been the 4 weeks and I have still not received a dime back for something I never even received. I am now preparing a lawsuit because the Fortiva creditor they work with (also scammers in my opinion) are trying to bill me for something I never received. SAVE YOUR MONEY! SAVE YOUR TIME! I didn't listen to the reviews and this is the price I pay. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I purchased this on Tuesday and it's Thursday. I called to cancel as I was unaware that this product wasn't going to show for TWO WEEKS! They proceeded to tell me that they wanted to charge me $280 to put it back on the shelf! It hasn't even shipped yet. If it had shipped there's no way it will take two weeks to receive. Awful experience all around. Will never purchase equipment again from this company. I paid $800 for the product. To charge half that to put it back on the shelf is unheard of. TOTAL RIP OFF.

I'd just like to add another complaint about nonexistent service from this company. I can't believe I get mail solicitations to purchase extended warranties. My experience is that I cannot reach anyone on telephone nor email nor successfully login to my account. I get feeling is that they've cut down on the number of staff answering phones, maintaining their computer systems. Their service is a sham. If you are confident in your own ability to maintain or repair product, fine. Or if you feel you can get Sears to set up and be sure the product is working well when you first buy it, fine. Otherwise, avoid this company, avoid their products!

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. I have had my machine for over a month and it has never worked. They won't answer emails. They won't answer the phone. They sent the wrong part twice. My motherboard was fried. Machine won't turn on. Service tech says my machine was dropped and bent up. He banged it to where it was "good enough ". This is the worst customer service experience of my life.

I waited for over 20 min. on the phone just to order a power cord. I tried several other numbers before I finally got NordicTrack. I have not had any issues before with NordicTrack but this was unacceptable. I am a good customer and was treated poorly. The salesperson was not mean but someone should have answered my call sooner.

I have been a customer of NordicTrack for over 10 years and for the most part have been happy with their equipment, until recently. Their customer support and customer is terrible. When I call anything other than the sales lines, you are on hold for 30 minutes or more. This is crazy for such expensive premium equipment. I will never do business with the company again and you should know that if you purchase anything from this company, for the most part you are on your own.

We purchased NordicTrack. Unable to get service on device. Sears dept store in Salisbury MD will not return items. They just gave number to call. We called several times to get items service. No one called came out. This time was nearly 2,000 dollars with less than 20 hrs on it. We would like our money back since we can not reach anyone to come out and service or return our call.

I would highly not recommend Nordic Track to anyone. Their customer service is absolutely terrible. They accused my boyfriend and I of lying about a conversation held over the phone, which included shipping and handling fees and dates and times. We got charged $150 for an item that we were told was not even loaded onto their truck when we called to cancel the order. Too bad they lost out on over $1000 and many more customers I'm hoping when I get the word out. So sad when it comes to customer service with some of these big companies. Customer service should be #1.

The NordicTrack company has sent me emails that my delivery would be Wednesday. Today is Friday and I called their "customer service" today and was told that they had no information and that I should check back on Monday... BUT it was important that I should be home for delivery. (How many days do they expect me to take off from work for this falsified delivery, I wonder?) I contacted the "company" through the webchat feature on the website. I was connected to an individual who identified himself as Derek. He also stated that he could not provide delivery information. I responded that I really demanded delivery information and he was condescending and demeaning in his reply. I asked how to make a complaint and was told that I could only make a complaint through him via webchat.

I am beyond angry at this point. I am happy to pay the return fee and purchase an expensive piece of merchandise from a local company. After these attempts to contact the company, it occurred to me that the online reviews were clearly falsified. There is not an option to login or to create a profile. This company has not provided an avenue for actual reviews of their product or service or delivery. I'm not surprised that they are robbing their clients because THEY CAN. There is no way to give an honest review of the company or of the equipment purchased. The reviews that I read prior to purchase are completely false. I am absolutely disgusted with this company.

The customer service is terrible. I have literally been on hold for 40 minutes waiting to talk with someone concerning an order and still no answer. This is not the first time I have called. It happens every time.

iFit console continually causing problems-- Having read many reviews that the iFit can be both a plus and a minus, I decided to move forwarded with purchasing this product. Big mistake! It's complicated, it doesn't work and customer care is terrible. Do not waste your time and money on this product.

I tried calling the customer service number. It was basically a circular automated service. No human ever picked up. Just went back to the same bullcrap about press # 1 for blah blah. When I called the sales line to see if they could connect me to a rep, all the snotty ** did was put me on hold for over a half hour!!!! This is after paying $1000 for their product. DO NOT BUY THEIR CRAP. YOU GET NO SERVICE. PERIOD.

I am getting horrible customer service as well. This is also including the extended warranty company UTS and the contracted technician North Coast Fitness. I am only 32 years old and have hopefully another 40 years of using exercise equipment ahead of me. I'll never buy a NordicTrack product again!!!

You have delayed delivery 4 times. Have called many times to find new delivery time. They always say we will call you back. Going on 3 days have not received any call about delivery. This is paid for 100%. Will cancel order if no response to a no cancel deliver date.

Thus far my experience with Nordic Track have left a bad taste in my mouth. As others have stated we too were looking forward to our machine and it was an omen from the beginning to abandon the process. First sign began after placing our order was when two to three weeks went by with no word on status of machine but lots of their companies propaganda to promote selling their programs. Then I placed a verbal inquiry only to have a sharp toned company representative tell me it was on back order. Red flag to abort because why could they have not sent me an email informing me of this? Did I abort, not, obviously I chose to ignore being so pumped on the idea of starting a healthy regime using their machine.

Amazing, when I got off the phone I wrote an email to the company stating my negative experience thus far and out of nowhere the next day I got notice the machine was shipping. This really made me wonder why was I told in the first place it was on back order and would be 4 to 6 weeks until it would possibly ship. Well, I finally got the machine and once again customer service has been a shipwreck where all men aboard are lost at sea experience. I am now taking apart the machine to get the serial number before they can help me. Literally taking apart the machine........ The only recommendation I can give one who is considering purchasing a piece of Nordic Track equipment is RUN and not on the Nordic Track..... Oh yes parts missing and broken but no one can help me without the serial number which is hidden underneath the body work....

So many of these experiences sound identical to mine... I was tempted to cut, paste and tweak; however, that would deprive me of this cathartic exercise. Right off the top: Hold time for each and every contact added up 3.2 hours of my life that I will never get back.

I ordered the machine online. Got a call from Estes about a month later informing me that my machine would be delivered on such and such a date. Estes called the day before to tell me that the machine was actually two [2] states away and they would have to call for a new delivery date. Estes called with a new delivery date (two weeks later) and on that date called again to say that the machine was still two [2] states away. Two (2) weeks after that, I received a call that it was going to be delivered this time... for sure. The date of delivery came and went... no machine. Later the same night, I received a call from the local tech that was going to assemble the machine. The tech apologized for failing to deliver and assured me that he could put it together at his home and deliver the item the following day... I agreed. Guy showed the next day and has to assemble the machine.

Now before you start to think that this is where the story ends... think again. Machine works great. I want to register it but cannot find the decal with the serial number. I called Nordic Track (waited on hold the required 35 minutes) and am informed that the decal is actually UNDER THE MACHINE... In a serious moment, the woman on the phone asks me to tip the machine, find the decal and write down the number. I tell her that this feat is outside my capabilities and a very dangerous suggestion. (If I had this kind of strength I would not need the machine).

But wait there's more... and this is somewhat Karmic.... I received an e-mail a few days ago explaining that my ICON Fitness Order has shipped. I ignore it as I assume it is a glitch. I am now receiving e-mails and calls from Estes requesting that I set up a delivery date for my new equipment. I called Nordic Track tell them about the mistake. The woman told me to call a different number to get it cleared up... but wait until Monday because they are not in on the weekend. Yes, let me spend more of my valuable time on hold so that you can attempt to fix your mistake. To that I say... free machine anyone?

My 3-year Nordic Track warranty included an annual preventive maintenance visit. I tried to schedule the visit but kept getting "wrong" departments. On four occasions I was merely transferred back to the exact number that I called. I spent over an hour on hold. They appear to do everything they can to make it virtually impossible to get any service from a warranty. As such, I would never buy a Nordic Track warranty or a Nordic Track product for that matter.

NordicTrack Classic Pro: Return Authorization on 11/26/2010

I reviewed complaints against this company on ConsumerAffairs.com since the company website is down today. After reviewing complaints on this website, my experience has been similar to the plethora of complaints written. The State of Nevada Consumer Affairs Division is my next contact.

Below is a summary of contact with your customer service representative. I received a return authorization number on 11/26/10. I requested an exchange rather than a refund. The box that was delivered was so badly damaged, I was told to wait until the new box arrived and package the damaged NordicTrack Classic Pro in this new box, write on three sides and send it back for this exchange.

That was four months ago. I have not received the replacement promised. I am frustrated with unethical business practices.

I spent $699.99 that was charged to my credit card at the beginning of November 2010, almost five months ago. I have an unworkable NordicTrack and no replacement in sight.

I can't get them to deliver it. I have called several times and they have given two phone numbers for Home Direct Delivery and neither phone is ever answered. I emailed HD and they told me to call Nordic since they didn't have it. I called Nordic and they were rude and told me I would have to call HD again. Nordic has already charged my account. Now, I can't even get the emailed to go through to HD.

Since I corresponded with you, I made one last contact with NordicTrack and surprise, I am now again under warranty. I spoke with Jamie who was a very nice lady and she put me back under warranty, is sending me a free motor since I have a life time motor guarantee and sending the repair man free of charge. When he arrives, the truth will come out. Thank you.

I was thinking about buying a Stepper and went to the NordicTrack site. There was a "3-Day Sale Ends Thursday" advertised with "Limited time free shipping." I decided to take advantage of the sale price since it was Thursday that day and I phoned in the order. The next morning, I noticed that the sale prices were still in effect! I decided I would rather wait to purchase the Stepper and called to cancel my order. I was told that the item had already shipped and that once an item ships, they charge a 10% restocking free plus shipping for returns. I was given a tracking number.

Several hours later, I called the shipping company to find out where the item was. The shipping company said they had no record of the order, even though I gave them the tracking number, my name and address. In other words, the item had not been shipped, in direct contradiction to what I had been told.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the company responded that their policy is to charge shipping and restocking "after the order has been placed" (not shipped as I was told). I have the item in my garage in a million pieces because I was told the item "took 45 minutes to assemble." Nobody said it took two people 45 minutes to assemble, which is what it says in the instructions. I am a single woman. Now, I will have to pay somebody to assemble this thing. I would never ever purchase from NordicTrack again because of their deceptive business practices. I'm out $600.

Expert Review

Mark BarrosoHealth and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.    More about Mark→

NordicTrack has one of the best reputations in the fitness industry. It has been in business for over three decades and originally became famous for its ski machines, although today it manufactures all sorts of exercise equipment.

• Full range of console services: NordicTrack’s web-enabled touchscreen consoles allow users to browse the Internet, watch TV or play video games while exercising, making the process more fun for most people.
  • Adjustable cushioning on tracks: Treadmills and other equipment come with adjustable cushioning to protect users’ feet from impact injuries while using the machines.
  • Some models are meant to improve heart health: The incline trainer model offers a variety of inclines and programs to help boost heart health.
  • Powerful motors: NordicTrack device motors can support high-speed workouts with the x11i Incline Trainer providing 4.25 horsepower. As an added bonus, the motors are not overly loud.
  • Steeper inclines: Consumers who want a more intense workout can set their NordicTrack machines to steeper inclines than some of the competing brands. The incline trainers reach a 40 percent incline and up to a -6 percent decline.
  • Best for Consumers who want to buy a treadmill, elliptical, glider, indoor cycling cycling bike, upright/recumbent bike, rower or ski machine.

Compare Fitness Equipment