1.24/5
Based on 35 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

72 NordicTrack Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 8, 2018

This company has some of the worst customer service I have ever encountered. It is darn near impossible to get a person, which is not that unusual in today’s environment. When you do finally get a person they deal with you as if talking to you is keeping them from watching their favorite tv show, or reading their favorite blog. We bought an elliptical last year. It broke after 6 months of less than regular use. It took over a month to get through to their customer service department. They claimed they had no record of our purchase even after we provided them with a serial number. Then, they sent us a letter invitation to extend the warranty on a purchase they claimed we never made. We finally talked with a person. He informed us that our warranty was invalid because the machine is in our garage. The odd part of this saga is they placed the elliptical in our garage.

To get the machine repaired we paid $159.00 for a service call to have someone come out. They were to call us to schedule a time. To this date there has been no follow through and the machine is still inoperable. In contrast, we have 3 machines purchased from Bowflex. We have needed service twice. Both times they responded immediately and we were without the use of the machines for less than a week each time. I will never, ever make another purchase from NordicTrack. I encourage others to think long and hard before making any purchase from NordicTrack. You can do better. You should expect better. Save yourself time, money and frustration.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I purchased an incline X11i and it took almost three weeks to receive the treadmill. Unfortunately, the very first week I used the treadmill the console was not working and there was a clicking knocking sound when the treadmill inclines up and down. I have called NordicTrack and was told I need it to pay close to $400 dollars to return the treadmill. This is injustice. I paid over two thousand dollars and this is how they treat their customers. I have called numerous time and recently was told they ordered a new motor. I have to try this new motor before they can exchange the machine or refund my money. This is insane. I trusted NordicTrack since I am a frequent buyer. However, with the way I was treated I would be very cautious in buying anything over $2000 dollars.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I ordered a machine for my family in November of 2017 as a Christmas Present, it arrived on January 21st, despite someone reaching out to me telling me it had already shipped on December 5th while trying to upsell me to a better machine. Once arrived, the product was damaged. I arranged to have a new machine delivered and the old machine picked up. The new machine arrived on March 5th (4 months after the initial order) and they said they couldn't pick up the old machine because their truck was broken. I called customer service and they said they would verify that the company could not pick it up and process the refund while waiting for a rescheduled pickup. After several days, a pickup was not scheduled and the return was not processed.

I called another representative who said they had to have the machine in hand before they could process a refund, directly refuting the promise made by the previous representative. After I told them it was unacceptable, they agreed to process the refund "in a week" if I would schedule another pickup on my own. I asked for that in writing, and they refused, saying they won't communicate with their customers in writing. When I asked why, I was informed the entire contents of the transaction were in their file notes and it was unnecessary. I asked if my previous conversation was in the notes and was told it was not. I was obviously upset, and asked again for some confirmation in writing since they don't note the file, and was hung up on.

I cannot explain what an awful company they are to deal with. I have no idea if the equipment is good because I still haven't had a chance to use it after a November order. I can tell you that their customer service team is either woefully incompetent or willfully dishonest. I would recommend buying fitness equipment from any other provider.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I purchased 3 pieces of equipment in January 2018. Rower, fusion and incline trainer. The incline trainer came damaged from the shipper. We also are having troubles connecting and updating incline trainer. I have at least 12 hours of time on hold. I have been calling since January. It is now March. Not once has my call been answered. Yes, I am calling the correct numbers. Magically if you call the sales # they answer 100% of the time within a minute or two. Is their business model to sell and then if there is an issue hope that the consumer gets frustrated and gives up? It would seem that way. I called twice today to sales and the call got answered each time. They then transferred me and again I was on hold, I am now 18 minutes into this holding period. I would never purchase from NordicTrack again. And I will do my best to spread the word. NordicTrack sucks for customer service!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

If I could give zero star(s), I would. Not only did the delivery take well over 7 weeks, trying to reach them by phone is undeniably the worst experience I have ever had. Plan on a minimum of 20 minutes, typically over 30 min. Then try "Chatting" with them online, wait again about 15 min, then get someone who tells you that an HR reading of anything (eg 50), means that "it's working properly". And, when you ask for a service call, oh oops, the warranty doesn't cover "diagnostics" since the person you're chatting with doesn't accept that an HR reading of 50 means the equipment in fact is NOT working properly. My resting HR isn't even that low!!! We paid $4500 for this treadmill and certainly expected something better out of their customer service. DON'T BUY NORDICTRACK!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I placed an order for an elliptical in January 10, 2017 that has not been received as of February 10, 2017. I have attempted to contact customer service with hold wait times 30-60 minutes. The first contact I was told that the order was as the delivery company and they would contact us for delivery and set up in 48 business hours. They never called back. The next time I spoke to a representative I was told the order was lost in shipment and then he assisted me in placing a new order. The first payment on the equipment is due 2/14 and I now have to pay for an item I don’t have as of yet. I received the financing statement and am expected to pay for the equipment that has not been received. I notified the finance company that the equipment has not been received and they basically told me to pay until I get the equipment and file a dispute that takes up to 4 weeks. I was told they could not defer the payment until equipment received.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Beyond the ordering process, customer service is pure evil!!! I shop online every day and really never have a problem, until now. I ordered an elliptical machine, with White Glove delivery and assembly. I contacted the local shipper for delivery and they said that they could only do threshold delivery (I live on the 25th floor of a high-rise and the machine weighs 250 lbs). I called NordicTrack 2/6/18 and spoke with "Joshua". He told me "I can't help you. Let me give you the number for returns, they handle this." I called returns, I was on hold (from work!) for 48 minutes and 52 seconds. (Teeky) picks up the phone. I am now holding while she does her research!!! Not only that, they charged me 1367.46. The charge fell off then they charged me 1174.86. I am worried about how to resolve this. If I refuse delivery, I will have to pay return shipping and restocking! WTH!!! Why is this so horribly difficult?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Never purchase anything from these bandits! Ordered a treadmill for Christmas delivery, arrived Jan 5th. Unfortunately only 2 delivery guys showed up for the white glove service I paid for. Refused to carry up my stairs to the room I wanted in, said it was a 4 man job. OK, bring 2 other guys. Said they would assemble it downstairs! I refused delivery and contacted 'customer service'. 40 mins on hold I gave up the 1st time, 2nd time someone answered after 64 minutes, said they would waive the white glove fee and I can could assemble it myself.

At this stage I just cancelled the entire order, even knowing they would keep their $199 freight charge, I was only 'lucky' they didn't charge the restocking fee! Now it's Feb 5th and still on hold to 'Billings and Returns'. Wondering when I can at the very least expect my 'partial' refund. I believe it is their policy to actively not answer the phone under 40 minutes to discourage their customers. Their negative reviews and complaints would be slashed by answering the phones!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I placed an order for a top of the line NordicTrack treadmill on December 8, 2017. It is January 30, 2018 and the order has still not completed. I paid extra to have the merchandise delivered and assembled. NordicTrack contracts with a company called MXD Group to do their "white glove" delivery. This company is completely dysfunctional. I wasn't contacted until January 12 to arrange delivery and the soonest they could get it to my house was January 20.

When they arrived, they seemed shocked to find out that the product needed to go up 1 flight of stairs. At no point did anyone ask about this prior to delivery. They did not send enough movers (they need 3). I agreed to let them put the treadmill in the garage, and I am still waiting for someone to show up and assemble the product, and carry it upstairs. I have called the MXD group numerous times, have waited on hold up to 40 minutes with NordicTrack and have received numerous promises but no results so far. I give NordicTrack an F on customer service. (Received a call this morning from MXD group saying they will show up "some time" on February 3). Too little... Too late.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Well another shipping issue with my order also. I ordered beginning of January the 2450. Try to follow tracking. After 2 weeks just says on trailer in NC. Called after 40 minute hold time. Was told it is at local shippers. They will send them email to have it delivered to me this week. Gave me their number to call if I don't hear from them. Called shipper and they said they don't have it. Called NordicTrack back. 15 minute hold. Said shipper did dock search and can't find it. Will cancel my order and start all over with a new treadmill. Tell me how a 400 lb treadmill can turn up missing. Customer reps were good on phone once you can reach them. Why does such a large company lack enough employees to handle calls. Maybe they're treated the same.

Resolution response: Feb. 6, 2018

I have a number of things to update, including a few tips to help people with this process:
(1) The delivery process is not great. Go into it with low expectations...even knowing they may ship you the wrong machine.
(2) From the time of delivery, do not expect the product to be on a truck or get a shipping notice for about 3-4 days. Not sure why it takes so long, but my guess is they are trying to consolidate orders to save on logistics.
(3) Sign up for the email and text message notifications that are available in the email from NordicTrack telling you that your treadmill has shipped.
(4) Expect there to be a dead period of about 7-10 days from the time period that you receive the shipped email before you hear from anyone. If you don't hear from anyone, call. I asked for the location and the woman was able to tell me that it was in Illinois and that I should expect a call from the local carrier in 3-4 days. For the second shipment, I actually received notice emails from MXD before the phone call came so I clicked the link in the email and scheduled everything via my iphone. I even confirmed the delivery window the night before delivery by this same method. Never even talked to a human at MXD for the second delivery until the guys showed up with the treadmill.
(5) My treadmill shipped from Georgia to Illinois in about 2 weeks both times. Happy to report that the second shipment was correct and that they picked up the wrong item from the first shipment. I got lucky and was able to arrange this all on the same day. I never really had delivery issues other than them sending me the wrong treadmill and I am happy to report that, at least for Chicagoland deliveries, MXD group did a great job.

(6) As others have said, these things are heavy. I paid the guys $20 bucks to bring it into my house. I was lucky and it was the same room I wanted to set it up in so only a couple stairs to go up. Unless you have some super strong friends, I highly suggest you pay to have them put it where you want it. You can open the box and remove a fair amount of the weight, but the main unit is awkward and has the swivel piece for the incline. This makes it difficult to even pick up. I ended up lifting each side and sliding a towel under it so I could slide it across my floor to where I wanted it. I did assemble the whole thing on my own in about 1.5-2 hours. There are a few cases where have an electric drill was very nice.

What needs work with the treadmill:
(1) My belt rubs at the bonded seam on the cover in the front. At first I couldn't figure out what the heck was the noise. I wedged a piece of cardboard under it to raise it up until I can decide if i want to sand the bottom edge that is rubbing or whatever.
(2) The ifit interface is okay, but I had a wifi issue after I turned it off from the first day's usage. Next day, wouldn't find my wifi. My daughter had the idea to manually input the settings even though the treadmill was showing it couldn't see any hotspots. Sure enough, this worked and I haven't had an issue sense.
(3) They gave me a free mat to put under the treadmill. Glad it was free but it makes a horrible noise where the back feet touch it. I tried silicon spray under the feet to see if it would help them slide easier on the mat, but no go. I eventually just folder over the mat and put an old beach towel under the back feet so that when the treadmill inclines they don't scratch my wood floor. Not the prettiest solution but there is no noise now. I'm thinking of sticking felt carpet sliders to the feet at some point and then cutting off the extra mat that is rolled up under the treadmill.
(4) The bluetooth works great but is only audio. So don't think that you will buy the 1750 and use your ipad for a larger screen, it won't work. I tried every ifit app there was and it wouldn't connect. My 2450 has HDMI out so you could pump the screen out to a tv for a larger display and then use the touchscreen to interact with the machine.
(5) The bulk of the documentation is online. You even have to figure out the maintenance by looking at their support site.

(6) Treadmills need silicon lube between the belt and the deck about every 3 months of use, but NordicTrack doesn't even provide a starter pack. So be ready to track some down online or at your local store.

What's great about the treadmill:
(1) the ifit coach is expensive but it awesome. It supports 4 users for one fee though. The amount of training available is impressive. If you go to the website on your computer or ipad, there are even more training sessions available like boxing and stuff. I personally like the HIIT and cross-training workouts. There is a bike one where you can virtually ride every stage of the Tour de France! For those only wanting to walk, there are walking tours and hikes too.

(2) The treadmill works great so far and I'm happy to report that even with the delivery issues, I think it was well worth the wait.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I purchased my treadmill based on the positive reviews of the actual treadmill. Didn't realize that people were have shipping and support issues. I've learned a lot about the shipping process and thought I had it under control but of course things didn't go as planned. Order my treadmill on January 1. Received my shipping notice around the 6th. Waited another 6 days and called NordicTrack to see where the shipment was in the process. I was happy to learn that the treadmill had made it from Georgia to Illinois where I live. I should be receiving a call from the local shipper by early the next week. Call came on Monday and scheduled for Thursday (18th) with MXD Group. Was told by the rep that I would get a call the night before for the delivery window. The call came in and an email stating 8-10 am for delivery.

On the delivery date, a call came in around 8:15 am saying the delivery would arrive in the next 20 min. They arrived in 10 min. So far so good! The drivers were nice and everything went off without a hitch. Couldn't believe how smoothly things had gone. Open the box and notice that the manual said Commercial 1750 and not 2450!!! Double checked the label and sure enough they had shipped me the wrong treadmill from halfway across the country! I should have double checked before the guys unloaded it so that's my fault but how does a company ship the wrong 400 lbs product. Why couldn't they have screwed up and sent me the higher end 2950?!

Called NordicTrack and they are shipping me another treadmill and recalling the wrong treadmill. Very frustrating because now I have to wait at least another 2 weeks to get the treadmill and deal with the return of the wrong treadmill. Really thought I was going to be the guy who was the exception here and talk about how well things had gone... I'll update as this continues.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

CON JOB. Originally thought it was just horrible customer service, but after many hangups and runarounds I realize that it's deliberate. Their business model is to sell you a product then make it impossible for you to return... or even contact them - SUCKER! Every encounter has shown me that they train people to be uncooperative in order to force you to give up. Finally just disputed the $1500 charge with my credit card company. I will insist to them that it's not that I changed my mind, but that the NordicTrack company is comprised of CROOKS. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I was scheduled for delivery of my FS7i on two different dates 12/29 and 1/5 - and I not only did NOT get delivery, but was never called as to why it never came. I took off from work on both occasions when delivery did not come. The item was delivered on 1/6/18 and it had a cracked outer panel which the delivery person said was ordered and will be shipped to me. I contacted the warehouse a few days later and they told me they have no record of it. Not only was this the worst buying experience I've ever had, but Icon/NordicTrack and the company that delivers their items never took ownership of the missed deliveries and/or damaged items. I want to make certain that others understand how bad this buying experience when they consider purchasing from Icon Fitness/NordicTrack.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Placed my order for a new commercial 2950 treadmill on December 2nd and was told this would guarantee delivery before Christmas. Started calling NordicTrack a week before Christmas and found out it is almost impossible to speak to anyone in person. After hours on-hold I reached out to them via their on-line chat which seemed to provided some avenue to check order status with the company (in hindsight not sure anything they promised via chat communication was ever followed up on). I was continuously told the shipment was en route and I would hear from the delivery company for scheduling setup shortly.

After Christmas (still no equipment) I started calling daily. Neither Nordic Track nor the delivery company were of assistance (yes I finally had to call the delivery company directly on more than one occasion to validate they did not have the equipment). After being told they would get to the bottom of this at get back to me within 48 hours (on two separate occasions), I finally cancelled my order on December 29th. They offered to extend my equipment warranty for free if I would be willing to keep my order open - not sure what good a warranty is on equipment they can't find! Overall worst customer service and online buying experience I have ever had. I will never provide NordicTrack a dime in future business. I actually spent $1,000 more on a competitor's product just to avoid having to deal with this company any further. What a disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Ordered a Nordic Track Fusion CST online - tried to cancel the next morning but NordicTrack offers no way for you to contact them other than a sales line... Or a live chat staffed by salespeople - both of which can't help. The sales line makes you wait well over an hour to find out that it's just a sales line. The fine print says the company will charge you once your machine ships. In my case, the message at time of purchase said to expect delivery in March. Once your machine ships, they charge you a re-stocking fee and to/from delivery. I would think that trying to cancel a few hours after placing the order would be enough notice (I had to call the sales line 3 times and force them to give me an e-mail contact for billing). Nope... They said they would charge me if I cancelled.

To recap, no way to cancel once you place your order (Or at least extremely difficult). The fusion CST is not in any stores so you have no way of knowing what it can/can't do. Website gives you misleading shipping information. The Website also said the "sale" would end on 12/25/17... But it didn't. Read other reviews, NordicTrack is far from the glory years and cannot compete with brands such as Life Fitness, Inspire, etc. Horrible sales practices and bad customer service make me never want to buy from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I got this machine 2 days ago... After paying someone over 100.00 to put together I can tell you its a piece of junk. This might be OK for starters that are super overweight or someone that has never exercised but for Jillian Michales to promote this IS COMPLETELY unacceptable. My daughter FELL off this pos tonight after it was built. IT gets STUCK. It SUCKS. Please DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. DO NOT BUY THIS Piece of JUNK... MY OLD SAYING was always get to the gym and do it... I only did this because I homeschool and I thought the lady would back her machines...

THEY DO NOT ANSWER the phone after you purchase but I will tell YOU THAT I WILL NOT PAY FOR THIS PIECE OF JUNK and THEY NEED TO PICK THIS CRAP UP NOW! How dare you not even answer the phone? WOW it's Christmas and this was a present. SHAME ON YOU JILLIAN MICHAELS and this company. I will make sure that everyone knows what a piece of ** you are and hope that no one buys these useless badly made wanna be gym machines. Beware Do not buy!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I ordered my machine November 14 and was told I would receive it in 2 weeks. On December 13, after attempting to contact NordicTrack multiple times, being told they couldn't tell me where my machine was, having the local shipper refuse to speak with me, I finally cancelled the order. I was told I would receive a confirmation email that the order was cancelled. However, that hasn't happened. The local shipper finally called me on December 16 and wanted to schedule delivery. Too late. I ordered a cheaper machine from somewhere else. Now, I'm still stuck on hold with NordicTrack trying to confirm my order was cancelled. The online rep told me I wouldn't be refunded for over 30 days because they have to wait until the machine is returned. SERIOUSLY??? I never received it!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I ordered the skier online. I got the confirmation that it was shipped and on its way. After 2 wks passed the date I was to receive it, I called the tracking department. It took over 30 minutes to get someone to answer the phone. They couldn't help me because they couldn't find the tracking number. They then told me to call another department (shipping department). Again after 30 minutes of no answer. I couldn't hold on anymore. I tried calling a few days later and still couldn't get anyone to help me. Worst Customer Service Ever. I still haven't received the skier but was billed by the finance company. I called them and told them I never received the item. Not sure what's going to happen with them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Delivery and setup actually went off without a hitch, although it (NordicTrack FS5i) took 2 weeks to arrive at my house after ordering. I paid for the white glove set up. The console never worked correctly, nor does it turn off when I'm not using it. I contacted customer service and the person on the other end literally read me the manual and I had to "self-help" and troubleshoot first with a dang screwdriver, crawling around on the floor. After an hour of this nonsense, I am supposed to get new parts and a service tech. Relay arrived, console is on indefinite backorder. Also, if you financed, please watch your accounts closely, I have had 3 charges mysteriously appear on my account that I have to call and get removed. Oh, yeah, I've only had their machine for ABOUT A MONTH...

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

First, they ship all over Canada, just not the Yukon. So I had to send a wire transfer to a bank in the US. I went to my bank, got insurance, tracking and everything I could think of to legalize this. One month goes by, and I hear nothing. Call the 800 number for the US and am sent immediately to the shipping department. I hope for 1 hour. They said the model I bought, that I ordered from their website, wasnt available. Found one I could order and said a confirmation would be sent that day. Awesome!

Two weeks later, it's almost Christmas and I'm not home to accept the package. Called again. I spent FOUR HOURS on the phone. I had lots of case notes to type, so it wasn't really a bother, but I was FOUR HOURS on the phone. WTF. This is just criminal. And you know what they said??? The model I asked for wasn't available in Canada. Disgusted - but determined. I found out who the VP of Marketing is, where head office is located, and I am going to email her directly. DISGUSTED!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I ordered a new Treadmill and the delivery was set up 10 days late. On the delivery day, they said it would arrive from 1-5 pm. Guess what that didn't happen. The driver called 40 minutes late at 5:40 to say he would be another 1 hour. By that time I was at dinner with my wife and could not make it back for another 1 hour and 10 minutes. When I got home the driver left. I called him and he said, "I sorry but I would have to reschedule." He made me wait all day but couldn't wait 10 freaking minutes. The next day I got online to see if they updated the delivery time. They did for 10:20 am.

I sat around all day waiting... It's 3:30 now and guess what. Nothing. I have been on hold for 40 minutes trying to cancel this order. Customer service is a complete joke. All they want to do is pawn you off to the delivery department. Who wants to pawn you off to the truck drivers. Who wants to pawn you off to Customer service. It's a complete circle jerk. This is a very bad company and should not be trusted. Please do not buy from them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Ordered NordicTrack brand new from them. They are 10 days late on the delivery date promised. When I called and they found out I had a question about delivery, they left me on hold for 40 minutes. Tried the only customer service and he gave me a phone number for returns since now... I hate their company. Guess what... On hold for 47 minutes. I think they try to wear you down. I'm refusing delivery. Look at all the other bad customer service reviews. If you're a well-run company you would fix these issues. They need to fire a few VPs and executives.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

The most inefficient god awful customer service in the world. One hour on hold-not smart so can' t use Fitbit needed for mandatory training- how are these people in business. So totally out to lunch. Never ever buy a NordicTrack.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I purchased an elliptical & there was blood on my equipment. It was purchased through Sears and they (NordicTrack) wanted me to go through the rest of the contaminated items to see what other parts have been contaminated. If you wouldn't want to do it, why would I? Be careful who you purchase equipment from. They accepted no responsibility in them supplying contaminated blood to Sears. A simple pick up of the equipment would have sufficed.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I paid in full on a new elliptical machine. This machine shipped 1 day later. It arrived near my house less than an hour away. Two weeks later still don't have a delivery date. Contacted NordicTrack and was told to call trucking company. Nobody would answer. Called NordicTrack back. They called shipping company. Got a delivery date for a week later. Came and went with no phone call. Called NordicTrack back. Man says, "Give me your email and I will be in touch Monday". By the end of the week and had not heard anything from him. After two more emails from me, I called my bank and charged them with fraud. Bank got my money back with no charges. Now they can wait to get it back. Besides the one day it took the bank to get my money this went on for almost 2 months.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I purchased what I thought was a high quality treadmill (Commercial 1750 Treadmill) at the time only to find it was not as advertised. I used the treadmill five days a week for less than one and half years. The first issue I had was that every few days, the treadmill would stop and reset itself in the middle of a run. Often, I would have to turn off the power to get the treadmill to restart. This is an issue if you are trying to keep an accurate record of either time or distance because once it stopped and reset, there was no way to capture the information from the run when it reset itself unless you are looking at the screen right as it turns itself off.

If this was not enough, I had the treadmill fail during a run causing me to fall and end up in the emergency room. The bolt which holds the left rear roller broke in half causing the roller to fall along with me. The treadmill is rated for 300lbs and I weigh just over 200lbs. I also very rarely used the incline feature which should have provided less stress on that bolt. I could only imagine what would break if someone 300lbs at an incline of 15 was running on it. At the cost, I would not recommend this treadmill. Save some money and shop elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I purchase a top of the line machine (NTEL71313) in December 2015. One of my belts came off. Contacted their customer service and was told because there was rust on machine they would not honor Warranty. I have since found that there was a problem with the tracks and model was updated. So they knew my machine was defective and refused to honor warranty. I just do business with them again and want to complain to Better Business Bureau. They also sent the track for an update freestyle which would not fix on my machine.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I made the mistake of ordering from NordicTrack for a treadmill that we liked. After reading the reviews about the treadmill, our mistake was we didn’t read the reviews about NordicTrack customer service before ordering, otherwise we wouldn’t have made this mistake of ordering from NordicTrack. Few days after we have ordered the treadmill and we received an email that it was shipped. We have received the iFIT soon afterwards in the email. The treadmill was another story. We kept tracking where the shipment is, and the shipment hit a slag, in the city. The warehouse in the city received it. Called NordicTrack customer service, who indicated that the warehouse should call us to schedule the delivery.

That was last week, I have called the warehouse multiple times, and the answer that they had for me, that I am in a remote area and they don’t know when they will deliver??!! I reached to NordicTrack customer service, who said that it will typically takes 2 -3 weeks to receive the treadmill, then I questioned them, they said it will take 2-3 weeks, I said "great, now it has been sitting in the shipping warehouse for almost a week, and we have to wait another 1-2 weeks for the shipping from the warehouse. Is this a stupid joke from NordicTrack customer service." When I called them again, and asked about why it is taking so long, and whether the customer job to chase his order between the shipping company warehouse, a rude agent said, "yes, it's the customer job!!"

That’s when we realized that we are done with this joke of a company. I don’t care if they have the best products out there, but their customer service is beyond horrible. They sent the slip for the finance payment stating that their payment is due in the middle of the month, and I asked, I never had it where I am going to pay for something like this in payment that I even haven’t yet received.

In Summary, I have ordered from NordicTrack and the treadmill had shipped, but the item is in the warehouse of a shipping company, and it seems to me neither NordicTrack nor the shipping company care whether the customers received their order, what a shame indeed. I am cancelling my order from NordicTrack, and if they were the last company to make treadmills, I am not going to buy their products, given their horrible customer service. I don’t recommend NordicTrack products as you will have to deal with their horrible customer services who just care about logging sales, and don’t care what happens to the customer order. It's beyond disgusting to deal with such a horrible company customer service and I don’t hope that a major shake up in the company, results in a better customer service.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I read the reviews and decided to order anyways. What a headache! I waited over two weeks for my first one to come, only to find out they shipped the wrong machine. I tried customer service and soon realized all the reviews about customer service were right!!! I couldn't find anyone that could help me and when I did they told me they could not order another one for me at that time!? I cancelled the order and against my better judgement ordered it again, thinking there is no way this could happen twice? Lmao, it was delivered in two weeks to the delivery company, when I called to schedule an appointment to have them deliver here, they said: "you're in a remote area, we're not sure when we can deliver". REALLY!

Pausing to gain my sanity, I said: "Well that's fine can I just come get it then", " Sorry ma'am that is against our policy". So who knows when it will get here now! So frustrated and can't even think about dealing with NordicTrack customer service again! Thinking about just going to town purchasing one and then when they decide to show up just telling them: "Sorry, decided I don't want it!". See how they like being put off and wasting their time and money!

Original review: July 27, 2017

Ordered a treadmill which was shipped to a 3rd party vendor who is supposed to deliver and set up in my home. The vendor called my work phone on a Tuesday night indicating delivery would be the next day at 10 am. I called first thing the next morning to let them know I was not able to be home on that short of notice. I had to leave a message for their "delivery scheduler". Nobody has called me back to set up the delivery. Four messages and two emails later - I still have not heard from them.

I started a live chat session with NordicTrack to ask for their assistance and was told by "Douglas" that they have 2-3 weeks for delivery and they are within their window. I asked him to show me where it states 2-3 weeks and he closed the session on me. Of course Nordic Track has already started billing us for the equipment - yet we don't have it to use. Seems they want their money but aren't willing to help their customers get their products. They could use some help in their customer service department.

NordicTrack expert review by Mark Barroso

NordicTrack has one of the best reputations in the fitness industry. It has been in business for over three decades and originally became famous for its ski machines, although today it manufactures all sorts of exercise equipment.

• Full range of console services: NordicTrack’s web-enabled touchscreen consoles allow users to browse the Internet, watch TV or play video games while exercising, making the process more fun for most people.

• Adjustable cushioning on tracks: Treadmills and other equipment come with adjustable cushioning to protect users’ feet from impact injuries while using the machines.

• Some models are meant to improve heart health: The incline trainer model offers a variety of inclines and programs to help boost heart health.

• Powerful motors: NordicTrack device motors can support high-speed workouts with the x11i Incline Trainer providing 4.25 horsepower. As an added bonus, the motors are not overly loud.

• Steeper inclines: Consumers who want a more intense workout can set their NordicTrack machines to steeper inclines than some of the competing brands. The incline trainers reach a 40 percent incline and up to a -6 percent decline.

• Best for: Consumers who want to buy a treadmill, elliptical, glider, indoor cycling cycling bike, upright/recumbent bike, rower or ski machine.

Profile picture of Mark Barroso
Mark Barroso

Health and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.

NordicTrack Company Information