3.14/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 25 years, NordicTrack, a leading brand of ICON Health & Fitness, has been known for it's smooth, low-impact exercise machines. NordicTrack sells a wide variety of home fitness equipment including treadmills, trainers, elliptical machines, exercise bikes, interactive strength training, and rowers. Their iFit coaching membership offers world-class training with elite coaches to provide the ultimate fitness experience from the comfort of your home. Don't wait to start your fitness journey - buy a NordicTrack machine today with added benefits of free shipping, financing, and a 30 day money back guarantee!

NordicTrack Gallery (3)
View More View More

1320 NordicTrack Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 19, 2019

Once I decide to buy something, I do some searches and NordicTrack is one of the largest brands in the market. I didn’t know this brand and I compared different models but I decided to buy this particular model because of what it offered and also the price. The iFit membership came with the machine and the first year is free. I enjoy it and even if I don’t do it very often, when I do, I use it. The buying process was very efficient. Once I decided on what to buy, I just clicked through and it was very quick. Plus, the machine arrived within the expected time. This is the second best that NordicTrack offers, so the machine itself is quite solid. It is sturdy, which is what I expected. I spend that much money so I expect it to be a solid machine and it delivered that experience.

I'm okay so far with the workout variety but I don’t see a lot of choices. Especially when I run, I run through those cities versus a lot of countryside because the countryside looks similar everywhere. It doesn’t give me an impression whether you’re running in the country of Chile or some state in North America. The city carries a certain difference. They have different buildings and things that I could enjoy while running. They only have, for example, Milan. I wish it could be multiple trainers that do different routes so I could know the city much better.

I also tried the map thing but the first time I tried somewhere in Finland, it was just straight road. There was nothing around and it was boring so I stopped trying that kinda route. There was no trainer but just by Google map. There wasn’t much change in the Northern Europe road so, I didn’t try the second time. I wish I could because I heard that they provide lots of varieties and that the combinations are endless.

I tried the Life Fitness in the gym. They have those commercial-grade machine and I feel good running on those. NordicTrack seems comparable although I know that it is for personal use. It’s just a different market. I feel though that the belt is weak. When I run and if I change the slope, the machine starts to make some weird noise when I step on it. There’s some friction between the driver and the belt. This only happens when they change the slope. So, once the slope change is done, then that noise is gone. Maybe the belt is not thick enough. It’s not the machine itself but it’s related to the general design. Also, I like the way the fan is designed as well as the cup holder. It’s great. They could also improve on their heart monitor. I have a bike trainer and the machine uses a different protocol to communicate. Still, for the price, I’m happy with what I got and I would recommend NordicTrack.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

NordicTrack had the product that we wanted and their price was fair. You can get an elliptical or a treadmill for a competitive price from something else, but there isn’t anybody else who is making the freestrider where you have an adjustable stride. All the other ones are the more professional and really expensive ones that you would be spending more than $3,000 on. So, we decided to buy from NordicTrack. The ordering process was super easy and I did everything completely through the online form. The longest bit of time was researching which products we wanted but navigating through the website was also easy and I didn’t have any trouble.

The NordicTrack is a heavy machine and I got a call from the freighter who brought it, so I knew when it was coming. I thought that it was going to be brought inside the house but they just brought it to the driveway, so we had to move it in. I never looked in to see if I had a misunderstanding about that, but it all worked out. The machine was too heavy for just my husband and I to get it in, so we ended up having to open it up and take it out piece by piece into the house. But the assembly was very reasonable. We made a couple of mistakes but it was because we were nearing the end and going too fast. And it didn’t end up being consequential.

Other than that, the iFit membership is the most amazing thing ever and I love it. However, I can't easily find all of the things that I can find online on the tablet embedded in the NordiTrack. It could be that I haven't totally figured out how to access the programs through the it and I am still working on that. But for a little while, the tablet would have some glitch happen and it wouldn’t save my workout. That would be annoying sometimes because you get motivated by tracking how much you are doing. It would also spin the little spinny thing like it was thinking then it would say an error message and the workout not be saved. It wouldn’t count towards what it was tracking for you and that would happen occasionally.

Aside from that, I am 5-foot-6, which is the average height for most women, but the display screen is not adjustable and is set at an angle where sometimes the screen is dim for me. I have to bounce up or get on my tippy-toes to see it really clearly. I can still see it but if you are looking at a computer screen or TV and if you were at a side angle, it would be not very bright or even almost turning black and it shouldn’t be that way for me. Otherwise, the product is doing everything for me like I hoped it would. As for my husband, he has gone from not working out at all to having a regular habit of it and it has motivated him in other ways to get healthy, so it is good.

I am also totally blown away by the variety of workout that we could do on the NordicTrack. It is the coolest thing ever and I look forward to using it every day. The NordicTrack has been a great stress reliever as well and I feel like my posture has improved. It is super smooth and I haven't had any pain from joint impact. If people have arthritis, it would be really easy to use. I have been having some back pain since using it, but it is more because of the fact that I am getting fit, I have some other areas in my body that I need to work on, and I'm probably doing the one thing that isn’t great. Overall, NordicTrack has been a motivator towards making these health changes and I am now working out five or six days a week wherein before I was doing zero.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I recently bought a NordicTrack treadmill that is one of the commercial versions. It is a big one with a screen and a video workout that I can do. I did a little research in advance and the name brand holds a lot of weight with me. I purchased my treadmill directly from the NordicTrack website because it was the best price. It was nice to be able to order from them directly and it was very straightforward. There was a bit of time and I had no idea of when it might arrive. I called customer service and the next day, I got a call from another rep asking if they could make the delivery that week. And after that, it was very quick. The treadmill was delivered within a few days after that call.

NordicTrack is a quality product but the offering of doing the video workouts was what really sold me. I also have the iFit membership as it was part of the package when I bought the treadmill. The iFit program is mostly easy and straightforward although there are ways that I think it could be easier. Nevertheless, I love the program. My husband and I use the program on a daily basis since we purchased it and it has been really great. But since I use it so often, there are some ways that could be helpful and it would be mainly organizing the program, whether a specific series or it is learning to run, so it will be a little easier to find the level of activity on a beginner level, intermediate or advanced. I consider myself as an intermediate runner and sometimes, if I’m ready for another workout, I find it a bit challenging to determine whether it’s something I need to work towards or whether it’d be too hard for me or not.

I’ve noticed an improvement though that there is a lot more stuff coming through lately that seems to be more helpful and it felt like there was not as much for me to pick from in the beginning as there is now. Plus, I am pleased with the variety of workouts available because I also tend to gravitate towards a favorite personality. I am a fan of Tony and I like to know when new stuff comes out of him. I also love to sign up for an alert of some kind that lets me know that there are new programs available because sometimes, I only find out when I turn on in the morning and see that there is one. That aside, the NordicTrack treadmill is a fantastic product and I love it.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I really don’t like treadmills because it’s boring and it’s hard on my knees. I was going between a treadmill and a Peloton bicycle but I hate to be on a bicycle. NordicTrack has a good reputation and it seems to work really well. I went with them and I like the fact that there is a TV screen and having places to go hike was a nice feature. I had no problem purchasing it but they took the money quite quickly. Plus, we had difficulty when shipping it because the roads were icy at that time. There was no way that the gentleman driving the delivery truck can make it up to our place. So, it was delivered elsewhere and my husband brought it up. Despite that, I like my NordicTrack Incline Trainer X22i and with it, I subscribed to the iFit program for one year. The program is easy to use and as much as I workout, I am pleased with the workout variety offered.

But, we are at the end of the line for internet service and a lot of times, there is a lot of internet buffering when we are going on some of the hikes through their feature by iFit. A 20-minute hike will take an hour so it can be frustrating although it is just because of the internet service of where we live. So, we have changed the setting so that the video quality is on four and we don’t have long buffering but we still get extended workouts because of that. What they normally suggest is a speed of 6 miles an hour but my workout ended up a little longer than what it was supposed to be.

Furthermore, there is probably a way that we can be able to tip the screen so it is more towards me and to be able to manipulate the screen a bit. I see that there are Allen wrench holes but I don’t want to break anything. I’m sure nobody would be able to get out here to fix it for us so, we leave it as it is. It is also wonderful to have a fan and to be able to lunch date the boys. And a minor thing is that we’ve had to get earphones for whoever’s not on the treadmill so that if they want to watch TV, the noises of treadmill doesn’t make them turn off the TV as it is too loud in here. Given my experience, NordicTrack is quite an investment to make but I have recommended them to friends.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I've had NordicTrack machines since 2006. I've had three treadmills and I have an elliptical, and my machines have all lasted for about six years so the quality has been okay. But I had one that technically had a warranty for the frame and they wouldn't honor it. They decided that the frame wasn't a frame. So I got upset but still, NordicTrack is really the only game in town. So I replaced the treadmill with a new one.

It's the iFit software end where I have a lot of problems. They advertise that a lot with their machines. I bought my last elliptical in 2014 and I don't use it much. It worked well with the iFit for less than a year. But then they did a software change, screwed mine up and would never address it. They said they would look into it but I talked to them for three years and never got a response other than that. Nobody ever looked into it and I think they've stopped making that model. So their service for that was pretty bad. But they had usually been okay with the hardware service, except for the one with the treadmill.

My Commercial 1750 was purchased from NordicTrack online and I had a support person help me because I originally ordered one and then upgraded. The person was helpful but I don't like NordicTrack's false advertising in the website. They've had that problem for years too. The page said the unit would come with a heart rate strap but it didn't. But it was in the chat history with the person I talked to so they honored it. They also apologized for not having the HDMI because the website and the manual say it has it. This unit is working fine but they've made it worse. They took away some features and changed a couple things from the previous model. You used to be able to map workouts on a TV over Wi-Fi or with an HDMI cord, and they took both of those away.

So many people wanna buy connected treadmills and everybody tells them not to buy NordicTrack because the machine is okay but they have a closed system. They won't let you work with these other apps. So that's getting easier everywhere else but harder at NordicTrack. So it's gonna hurt the business. There's starting to be a lot of competitors too. With one of the big software services, people have even done a hack where they intercept the Wi-Fi signals and you can use the other software systems. But in the newest models, NordicTrack took away that feature where you can look at your live work on TV away. They changed the way that works and it doesn't work. But if NordicTrack would open up their software to work with others, they would dominate. Nobody else would sell a treadmill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: June 16, 2019

I liked that the back of the NordicTrack treadmill folded and that iFit had a good review. I called in to order a treadmill and it took a month to receive it. We just got the one-year free iFit right now. I have had a couple of concerns about some of the noises the treadmill has started to make but the quality has been good as well as the workout variety. However, some of the ones that are designed for the incline trainer are harder to do on the treadmill. They don’t necessarily transfer.

Original review: June 14, 2019

NordicTrack had a very simple ordering process. I bought the FreeStrider and a treadmill, and I got them in a couple of weeks. Everything went smoothly. I love my FreeStrider. It’s probably one of the best pieces of equipment that I own. I like the ease on your joints. I have really bad Achilles problems but I have no issues using the FreeStrider. The price was fair for the quality too. I also got a one-year free iFit membership with my purchase. It's extremely easy to use. But I wish they had more variety of workouts for the free service.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I purchased a NordicTrack incline trainer 11.1 and received it in a week or two. I love it and I couldn’t be happier. I like that it goes up to 40%. The iFit also came with the incline trainer and it's for a year so I’m using it. It’s super easy to use. There is a huge workout variety. I’m a personal trainer so I use it every day for lots of clients all day long. I love it.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I purchased a treadmill and a bike from NordicTrack. Their online ordering process went fast and I got my equipment in around two weeks. Having the iFit program with the equipment has been good and I like the variety of workouts provided. It's easy to find the type of workout I'm looking for. The style of the equipment is good too and so is the quality of the product.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My NordicTrack treadmill lasted forever. When it died, I tried to get help from NordicTrack to troubleshoot the problem. That is something I will never do again. There was a lot of back and forth with their technical support people. They wanted me to video a control board to see how some light on it was flashing. So, I used my iPhone to take the video, sent it to them but got no response for a week. When I asked what was up, they told me they can't take that kind of video format. A huge company not being able to take a video from an iPhone didn't make sense to me.

Additionally, the exercise bike I bought from them failed within the first year and a half. Getting help was like pulling teeth and it was very frustrating. Still, I like their equipment overall and the cost is reasonable. Most recently, I purchased an elliptical machine from them. For the elliptical machine, I purchased an iFit membership with it and using it has been very easy. My wife who isn't really a computer person has had no trouble getting it to work. The equipment is reasonably sized too. They're not overly huge to the point wherein I can’t get them in the house or they take up half my room.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I was so excited when I made the decision to purchase the NordicTrack bike with iFit membership. I chose it over Peloton due to the price difference and it looked similar. I order the product on April 26, 2019 and received an email stating it should be delivered in 2 weeks. On May 30th, I had not received anything so I called. I was told that they were out of stock in Canada and that I would get it soon. I called again today to confirm and they told me my order was cancelled; my card expired in June and they did not charge my card April. No one was planning on telling me. I was then asked to go back and order on the website.

Of course, the bike I ordered was now several hundred dollars more than I purchased and they had no intention of keeping their original price. So I ordered the Peloton and will be receiving my bike in the next week. The customer service was excellent and they provide Canadians with the same services they provide their American customers; NordicTrack Canada does not (e.g. financing and setup). Plus NordicTrack does not own iFit and Peloton has full control over their product and live classes. Do yourself a favour and dish out the dough to get superior service (or finance it at 0% interest).

Original review: June 10, 2019

I got a Grand Tour cycle from NordicTrack. Ordering the product on my cellphone was very simple and thereafter, the delivery of the product was quick. Thus far, I've utilized the first year of my iFit membership but even though I like it, I don't know if I will pay extra to extend it because I enjoy being able to get on my NordicTrack and do the controls myself. Even so, the iFit overs a really good variety of workouts with a wide range from beginner all the way to advanced. Compared to Peloton's equipment, my NordicTrack is more affordable and is just as good. The product as a whole has been of good quality. For what I paid, I've gotten more than I expected.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I paid additional to have my bike put together, and a team of two was sent out - they were done in 20 minutes. However, as I started riding the bike, it doesn't fit me very well; some of the knobs were tightened too tightly for me to adjust; and the tension is set wrong on the bike. When I contacted NordicTrack, they referred me to Icon Fitness for repair, and I have spent months arguing with them. I finally called a separate fitness repair service in my home town and will just pay the cost.

NordicTrack's only response is to refer me to Icon. Icon first asked me to "take a video" and send it. When I said that a video wouldn't demonstrate the tension problem, they then sent me to a YouTube video so I could do my own repair. If I felt confident doing my own repair, I wouldn't have paid them to put the bike together for me. They have an impossible phone tree (i.e., the only phone number they will answer is the one on your warranty, but they won't answer the phone on weekends, when I am at my home phone) - so you can't call and talk to them. The chat feature ends up with the same "send us a video" response. When I said that I would pay for a service call, they finally said "we don't do service calls". Terrible. NordicTrack is crazy for using this service, because what may be a good bike has been repeatedly downgraded by their complete lead-footed service department. I will get the bike fixed - locally.

Original review: June 6, 2019

My husband purchased the treadmill from NordicTrack and he surprised me with it. We also bought the iFit membership. I did the renewal of the subscription, and that went very smoothly. The treadmill is bigger than the one that I had before but I have space and I like the different features such as the incline and the different options that it has.

The iFit membership has been easy to use every once in a while. We have had connection errors where it won't upload an update correctly but when I call, they're quick to respond and get a fix for it. I enjoy the good and challenging workout varieties, and I like having it opposed to just a regular treadmill. They seem to be updating them and changing them more often lately, which is good for a while. I've gone through most of them but lately, there has been a lot of updates. So, that has been better and it has been a good improvement.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Our NordicTrack has been fantastic and purchasing it was really easy. The only complaint that I would have is that shipping did take a long time. We kind of live in a remote area. We live in North Dakota so I don't know if that was part of it. But from the time we purchased it to the time we got it, it was like four weeks. We also had one damaged piece. But I contacted NordicTrack and within four days, we had a new replacement piece that we were able to put on it. Service has been good.

Since my wife and I have been running on the unit, it’s easy for us every single day. We really like it. The iFit is also simple to use and I’ve done some of the online workouts that are pre-loaded on there. But most of the stuff that we’ve been doing has just been the manual workout. So we have been doing around five workouts and the variety has been good. I had also done a lot of reading reviews online beforehand and I liked the fact that NordicTrack had the biggest motor for the price. NordicTrack also had some features that other makes and models didn’t have in that price range. They have to bump up in price range.

Original review: June 4, 2019

NordicTrack came with a good review. Somebody had personal experience with one. We have another one with a different brand and we’re gonna keep the same brand but somebody said NordicTrack's deck was softener so we decided to try it. I bought the treadmill and bike and I use it often. It came with an iFit membership which I haven’t spent enough time yet. I bought it for a business application and so I’m not sure how to use it with multiple users. The only issue I had was with the cleaning kit. The first one I received was incomplete then the second one I received took a long time. But everybody’s liking the products.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I made the purchase online and they offered me a 15% discount, but somehow I couldn’t add it. I then chatted with a lady, and she finished the sale off. My NordicTrack came with iFit for free, but I never activated it. I saw so many reviews about it that they’ll charge you for that year, and then it’s hard to get your money back even though they promised you a year free. I can create my own program, so I’m not going to go through the hassle. They already have a few programs that are in there, the ones that you don’t have to activate, and those are really good. I love it, and I will continue to try their products if I need something else.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I did a bunch of research and NordicTrack was highly recommended on multiple sites. The user reviews and their long-standing name in the industry for making quality products made me use them. The purchasing process was easy. We bought the package that included them coming in, delivering and setting it up and assembling the product. The delivery company said that they didn't see that on the order even though I paid for that. Somehow that got lost in translation and things got delayed a couple of days.

The NordicTrack was not cheap, but it was a good value for the money. It feels like the machine at the gym, but it has the screen built-in and the music. It also has a fan built-in which is kinda nice for a small gym. The trainers are doing the workout, which makes the workout go by a lot quicker. iFit came with NordicTrack, and it's pretty easy to use. I'm pleased with the workout varieties, but it's kinda hard to determine what's iFit versus what comes with the machine.

Original review: June 2, 2019

The NordicTrack treadmill met all my needs. Purchasing it was very easy. I called the order in and they delivered the treadmill in a box they put together. The delivery took less than 2 days. The treadmill has been great so far. It's robust, light and the size is good. The overall product fit my space. My wife and I use it pretty much every day and it seems to be holding up. Plus, its cost was pretty good. Using iFit along with it has kept me from getting bored. There is a very good variety of exercises and workouts. I enjoy the NordicTrack treadmill and would recommend it to another purchaser.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I was happy with the elliptical that I got from NordicTrack. So I also purchased their treadmill online, and then they delivered it in time. I had a white-glove delivery, and it was pretty smooth. The treadmill included the iFit membership and I've been using it. It looks good, but the only problem is that the video keeps on buffering. My internet is pretty good, but a lot of times the video freezes. So I have to pull out the power button, and sometimes, I have to do it a couple of times. I emailed someone in the customer service about it, but no one responded. Other than that, the picture quality is good on the iFit, and the hiking simulations are good. The machine is smooth and comfortable. It has been a good experience so far.

Original review: June 1, 2019

NordicTrack was rated one of the best treadmills. It was easy to use their online portal when I made my purchase. And since the iFit was docked on there as part of the deal, I wanted to give it a try. I don't find the iFit to be very good though. It is hard to search for workouts at your specific criteria. They are just randomly thrown out there. But I like the treadmill. It's nice and fairly priced. It's easy to use too unlike the iFit.

Original review: June 1, 2019

The iFit that came with my NordicTrack treadmill purchase is pretty easy. I’ve used it once but I usually just use the manual mode. I felt pretty content and happy with my purchase. It’s comparable to any treadmill I’ve ever used. As long as it’s intuitive, that works for me. The salesperson was helpful. However, I had a lot of problems with the scheduling of the delivery and of the delivery itself and assembly. I had one person talk down to me and be very rude, like, “Well, I guess you could just return it.”

I made a very large purchase, and I was needing help having it delivered. I paid $200 for a white-glove delivery and nobody was helping me get that done. So, that was one reason I wanted to follow-up with NordicTrack because I love the product, but that was very off-putting for me. I even called the day before because I hadn’t gotten verification and they said everything was ready to go. I asked if they were going to assemble and they said yes, it was gonna be assembled. Then they got here, and they were like, “No, it says porch only.” So, they just deposited it on my porch and left. I had no way of getting it in. I’m not that strong to be able to carry that in.

After that, it took two weeks before I actually ended up getting someone out here to assemble it. I called at least 10 times over a two-week period. That was like back-and-forth between the company that was supposed to assemble it and NordicTrack. No one was communicating with each other and the orders weren’t going through. It was a nightmare. It was very stressful.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I recently purchased a FreeStride FS7i directly from NordicTrack. Failed after 3 weeks of light use (30-60 min per day). Many calls later, 3 waves of part orders (parts replaced but problem does not go away), 1 technician visit, the machine is still broken. Latest part order placed by technician got lost in the system and now customer service is reaching out to the technician to figure out which parts needed to be reordered and it will be about 2 weeks at best by the time the technician will be able to come back and work on the machine. So I am out of the money-back guarantee period of 30 days and therefore stuck with this lemon. Do not go with this brand.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Purchasing my NordicTrack was really easy. As a matter of fact, I had the treadmill in my cart but then I took my daughter to school and when I came back, it was a different price. I did an online chat and the rep said the price had changed an hour back but that he would honor the sale price. That was pretty awesome that they did that. He sent me an email with the previous sale price, like he put it in a cart for me, then I just paid for it. They shipped it and I got it really fast. The email said three to four weeks but I had it in a week so I was really pleased with that. I like that underpromise, overdeliver kinda thing.

The treadmill is super easy to use and the workout variety is great. It was really nice to have a product at home that I could use instead of going to the gym. The iFit is also pretty easy to use. But the programs they have are either for a beginner or way advanced. In the things that I have found, there's kind of nothing in between. It's either for people that can't yet run or running like 10 miles.

They also have yoga videos on the iFit and because it has Bluetooth technology, I was under the impression that I'd be able to connect my iPad to the Bluetooth and do the yoga videos from my iPad. The only disappointment is how am I gonna do a yoga video when the screen is up on the treadmill? So that was a bit of a downer. That's probably the main reason why I'm not using it too. That was the only thing I found that was a bit misleading on the iFit. If I had known that, I wouldn't have purchased one with a 14-inch screen. That aside, the quality of the treadmill is so-so. When I run on it, it's not really loud and the motor seems strong. It's durable. But the cost is pretty up there and and for the price, I wish it weren't as plasticky. But I really do love the treadmill. I've lost 22 pounds and I'm super happy!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I just bought the x11 for (after financing taxes etc) 2800 dollars and I've had it for 40 days now. It continues to freeze up on me. I've called several times and they've fixed it. But this last time which would be today 5/29/2019, they told me there was a glitch in the software and I said, "Okay when will it get fixed," and I quote what Frank said the customer service representative, that the tech team said that they're working on it and they will get it fixed soon, soon, soon. What does soon mean? Tomorrow, later on this afternoon? I just spent on all those money on a treadmill that I can't use, really.

This is my 3rd treadmill from NordicTrack. The first two worked great. They did what they were supposed to do. But I saw all these commercials on how the new ones have all these interaction workouts. You workout with pre recorded trainers, so I was like, "Ohh that's cool," and when it works it's pretty awesome. I just hate being a Guinea pig for a company that had been around for a extremely long time. I hope and pray I can take it back. I'll spend the extra for a Peloton. I hope those are better.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I bought my NordicTrack online and it was assembled when it was brought. We wanted the iFit type of the things because we liked the amount of incline NordicTrack had. However, I had a hard time getting my iFit set up and I had to call, but since it was set up, it was really easy. I’ve used quite a few different machines, and it’s very user-friendly. I wish the screen part would tilt, but the touchscreen is really nice and I like the style. Also, I have the iFit trial right now and I like it. There’s a lot of good features and I use it quite a bit. I’ve done most of the running workouts, but my husband does different varieties than I do. He’s tried out the ones where he's on and off the treadmill. All in all, I’d tell friends to come out and try my unit, and they're gonna love it.

Original review: May 30, 2019

My experience with NordicTrack has been terrible. When I bought the treadmill, they sent me the wrong tracking information. They sent me the tracking information for a guy somewhere else in Virginia. I called NordicTrack about that, and they kept saying it was the right tracking number until it was finally delivered to the other guy. And I asked them, "Okay, if it's the right tracking number, why is there not a treadmill at my house right now?" Then they finally admitted that it was the wrong tracking number. And then they gave me the right tracking number.

Also, they didn't explain that they will leave the treadmill in the middle of the street. On the website, it said that they will leave it right next to the door. But they left it in the street at my apartment complex. I had to pay a bunch of friends to come over and help me move this thing because they didn't explain that it's one giant piece that weighs almost 400 pounds. Then, I started having issues with the actual treadmill once I got it put together. If it disconnects from the internet, it stops the treadmill.

It stops the treadmill if you're walking at 1 mile an hour or if you're running at 8 miles per hour. And it did that multiple times. I called them multiple times to complain about that. They're telling me it was on my end. It was my internet. They had me do some weird stuff with the software and install the thing. And then it started doing it more often. Then they finally were like, "Oh, yeah. I guess there is a problem on our end or with the software update. So we're gonna send you a new console." So they sent me a new console.

They gave me the number of some guy to come install it for me. And NordicTrack only paid that guy to install it, not to make sure it works. So when he left, I could not get my treadmill to connect to the internet, therefore, making my treadmill completely useless because I am unable to use it. So I had to call in and wait over an hour on the phone to talk to somebody, who then taught me how to reset the whole thing again and connect it to the internet. And they keep trying to give me free iFit membership, but I want my treadmill to work.

I also want them to advertise on their website that if the treadmill loses internet connection, it will stop and you will run into your treadmill and almost break your rib. I also had to take time off work so I can be here when that guy came to install the part. And also, there is never once a single manager at NordicTrack when you call in. They're always away from their desk. They're out or they're busy. People told me they don't have managers. But I've gotten the emails for three of them. None of them have responded to me. If it wasn't a giant pain in the ** to figure out how to return this treadmill, I would return it and buy from somebody else. I thought when I was buying from NordicTrack, I was buying from a company that knew what they were doing. But I guess this is why they don't advertise much anymore, because their company is falling apart.

I filled out a critique. NordicTrack emailed me and asked me for a review and said they'd put it up on their website. And I noticed there's only positive reviews. I can't be the only person at NordicTrack that had a negative experience. But only positive reviews are showing on their website. My treadmill's working now but I don't know for how long because I haven't gone more than a month without issue with this thing. I also am afraid to update it because it's on a old version of the software. But I'm afraid to update it because when I updated it is when I started having the issue where it would shut off while I was running.

Original review: May 29, 2019

iFit Issues With Our Nordic Track Commercial 1750 Treadmill. About a month ago, an automatic software update notification popped up on the screen, and I did the usual and accepted the download. Ever since the screen was acting slow at times, and just the other night, it went into the famous endless boot up loop. After hours of watching YouTube fix videos, I was able to stop the endless loop, but now I'm limited to just a few screens, and the treadmill still does not work. Customer service at NordicTrack is absolutely horrible...next to impossible to reach a human being. This will be the last NordicTrack exercise machine I will ever buy.

Original review: May 29, 2019

We purchased the NordicTrack T9.5S for almost $2000 and it has not worked since it was delivered on 4/26. Customer service is useless- no part, no support. We have a useless piece of crap in our living room.

Original review: May 29, 2019

We bought our NordicTrack online, and that was very simple and to the point. The delivery took longer than expected since it was right after Christmas and New Year’s but they said that they were backordering when we ordered it. My husband assembled it and it was simple so, he didn’t have any problems with it. I love the iFit membership and in the latest update, it was supposed to make the program load faster. However, it slowed it down. Nevertheless, I like the style of NordicTrack and it is fairly easy to use. It’s a quick good workout and I also like the variety.

NordicTrack expert review by Mark Barroso

Famous for introducing the indoor ski machine to the market, NordicTrack also manufactures all sorts of exercise equipment, including exercise bikes, rowers, ellipticals and treadmills.

• Exercise bikes: Recumbent and upright bikes available, along with studio cycles that let you take a spin class from the comfort of your home. Prices start around $800.

• Ellipticals: Front-drive and rear-drive ellipticals available with a space-saving design so you can easily store them at home. Prices start around $1,000.

• Treadmills: NordicTrack has a range of treadmills, including commercial treadmills and desk treadmills. Prices start around $1,200.

• Full range of console services: NordicTrack’s web-enabled touchscreen consoles allow users to browse the internet, watch TV or play video games while exercising, making the process more fun for most people.

• Adjustable cushioning on tracks: Treadmills and other equipment come with adjustable cushioning to protect users’ feet from impact injuries while using the machines.

Profile picture of Mark Barroso
Mark Barroso Health and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.

NordicTrack Company Information