3.8/5 (2055 ratings)

About NordicTrack

NordicTrack has been manufacturing exercise training and home fitness equipment since 1975. Its extensive line of products includes treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, strength machines and rowers, many of which come with a one-year membership to iFit, NordicTrack’s live and interactive training program. The company includes free shipping on select models and 0% APR financing for 36 months. If you’re not satisfied with your home exercise equipment, NordicTrack accepts returns within 30 days, though it may charge a shipping and restocking fee.

Pros

• Google Maps technology
  • 10-year warranty on equipment frame
  • Live interactive training

Cons

• Limited models with Bluetooth audio
  • High shipping costs & restocking fees

Bottom Line

NordicTrack offers the best of both worlds with in-home training, on-demand workouts and adjustable resistance levels. While fully loaded models are expensive, the company sells entry-level options for less than $1,000.

Top NordicTrack Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

My husband and I purchased the X22i last year and we love it. The IFit Trainer that comes with the purchase the first year is probably one of the main reasons we love this treadmi...

Verified

Im very happy with this bike. Exceeded my expectations. I was worried that it would have too much of a spin bike feel, but it rides like a road bike. With the video I can ride so ...

What is NordicTrack?

NordicTrack manufactures a variety of fitness equipment that can be used in your home. Its treadmills carry more than 16,000 on-demand iFit workouts with Google Maps technology that lets you experience what it’s like to run in locations across the world. Select models come with low-impact tread, Bluetooth connectivity and self-cooling vibration systems that make exercising at home a more enjoyable experience.

The company’s bikes, ellipticals, strength equipment and rowers offer similar performance with on-demand classes, resistance training controls and AutoBreeze workout fans. Many models include a touchscreen with intuitive controls that follow your movements and adjust to every stride and target specific muscles.

NordicTrack offers a 10-year warranty on the frame of its equipment, a two-year warranty on parts and a one-year warranty on labor. Below is an overview of key features included in each:

Treadmills
NordicTrack offers its T-Series treadmills for commercial and personal use. NordicTrack’s treadmills come with the following features:
  • 16,000+ on-demand iFit workouts
  • Live interactive training
  • Dial to control tread and maximize cushioning or simulate real road conditions
Bikes
NordicTrack has multiple series of exercise bicycles, including the Grand Tour Series, Recumbent Series and Upright Series. Bicycle features include:
  • On-demand classes
  • One-on-one virtual training
  • Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) for smoother movement
Ellipticals
NordicTrack has three different series of ellipticals: the FreeStride Trainer, the Front Drive and Rear Drive. Elliptical features include:
  • Up to 10-inch SmartHD touchscreens
  • Intuitive adjustments that follow your workout and stride
Rowing machines
NordicTrack offers rowers in three different series: the RW200, the RW500 and the RW900. Rower features include:
  • Dual-resistance digital and air training
  • 26 resistance levels
  • SpaceSaver design
Strength training
In addition to its traditional workout equipment, NordicTrack offers strength training accessories, like:
  • Utility benches
  • Dumbbells
  • Speedweights
  • Skiers

Nordictrack price

NordicTrack machines start at $799 for entry-level bikes and rowers. A premium exercise machine from NordicTrack typically costs between $1,000 to $3,000 and includes live-resistance controls, a 10-inch touchscreen and the capability to stream workouts. Pricing for NordicTrack’s bestsellers are listed below:

ModelCost
Commercial X11i Treadmill$2,249
Commercial S22i Studio Cycle$1,999
RW500$999
Fusion CST$2,299
FS10i$2,999

NordicTrack iFit membership cost

All models include a complimentary one-year iFit membership, a $468 value. The immersive fitness experience lets you simulate exercising in unique and dazzling locations, including Moab, the Grand Canyon, Thai beaches or Tour de France stages. In addition to its virtual training, you can access the iFit coach app, which lets you get customized workout schedules, meal plans and sleep tracking.

NordicTrack FAQ

Are NordicTrack treadmills any good?
NordicTrack is one of the most popular manufacturers of exercise equipment. Its treadmills are a favorite of many trainers.
Which is the best NordicTrack treadmill to buy?
The best NordicTrack treadmill for you varies based on your personal preference, needs and the amount of space available in your home.
Is NordicTrack sold in stores?
Yes, NordicTrack is sold in many national stores, including Dick’s Sporting Goods, Amazon and Best Buy. Product selection may vary by store.
Where is NordicTrack located?
NordicTrack is headquartered in Logan, Utah.

Are NordicTrack treadmills good?

Fitness enthusiasts who like to work out at home enjoy NordicTrack’s selection of exercise products. Its iFit membership makes it easy to vary your daily workout and keeps it fun with Google Maps locations and terrains. The company sells space-saving models, but be sure to consider your available space before purchasing one. Although some models are pricey, we think NordicTrack’s robust features and variety of training programs are suitable for many people.

NordicTrack Reviews

Original review: May 19, 2021

I have not received customer service like this in a long time. They were so patient and understanding. They took their time, explained, and worked with me to fix the problem I had. They were responsive and quick to help. I received a discounted product in exchange for my honest feedback.

Shyann

Thank you for your feedback! We enjoy hearing that our customer service was able to help fix the problem you had in a timely manner.

If you ever have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, you are welcome to message us directly on Facebook.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I have had the EXP 7i for just over two weeks now and really enjoy it! The installation took 2-3 hours. We had one mishap that I called customer service about and we were able to resolve same day. After installation, the machine boots right up and you can either register for iFit or move straight in to a work out. The track is quite long which is helpful for a bigger guy like myself. With a 12% incline, I can work up quite a sweat. The machine is perfect for my needs which is mostly incline walking with some jogging occasionally. Overall, very excited about this product! I received this product in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion.

Get buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Great product, multiple inclines make it the workout you want with a digital info unit. Very reliable and great quality that never lets you down. Tried other brands of treadmills and NordicTrack by far a head and shoulders above the others.

NordicTrack response

Thank you for your review Anita.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are happy you are enjoying your machine and the customization with the incline.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Thanks! -ICON Health & Fitness

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I bought my NordicTrack treadmill about 3 months ago because I wasn’t comfortable going to my local gym anymore because of COVID. I’m so happy I got it. I use it probably 6 days a week, which is honestly more days than I went to the gym. And it’s just so much easier. I looked at a lot of cheaper models, and I decided that I really wanted one that had automatic incline, not manual. And it was such a good decision. I use it all the time. If I had to do it manually I’m sure that I wouldn’t. The treadmill has many options to make things more interesting. Like climbing hills, and a ton of things I haven’t even explored. I honestly put on my headphones and either listen to music or watch something on Netflix and just walk/jog at a good pace at a good incline for an hour and I’m happy. My son runs on it. We both love it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

The construction of this treadmill is super solid. Strangely, there are two shelves, one on each side of the monitor for your drink bottle but no cupholder...the "shelf" for putting things goes behind the monitor so it's hard to sometimes get your drink. And, even though there is enough room to place a water bottle, I would much prefer an actual cupholder so my clumsy self doesn't knock it over while I am running. The instructions say to power off after every use, but the power button is in an awkward location and hard to get to, it's on the bottom front near the floor. If I am supposed to turn it off after every use, why not put the button in a higher, more convenient location? Also, every time I power off I am logged out of iFit, so I have to log on and remember my password every single time. I still give it 4 stars because the quality of the motor and belt seem like they will last for a long time.

Original review: July 22, 2021

The bike is great but the bike is only as good as the app. The app is horrible. Always needs updates, always freezes and never loads the right account. Hence your series never saves. You can of course report the issues a 100 times but they don’t fix anything or even contact you so you don’t even know if they tried. Save your money, spend a little more and go with a Peloton. Hopefully they don’t have the same issues.

Rina

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you feel your bike is great, although we are sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with iFIT. We want to take a closer look into this and make sure it is working properly for you.

To help you further, please send us a direct message through our Facebook page so we can get iFIT working on your bike like it is designed to. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks! - NordicTrack

Original review: July 16, 2021

I bought an RW900 Rower in November 2020. It came within the expected time frame and was not difficult to assemble. I really liked using the rower and enjoyed the programs provided by iFit. But, the resistance seemed too hard. I assumed it was just me needing to perfect my form. Fast forward to May 2021 after using the machine an average of 1 to 2 times a week, the resistance is really hard (even on 1) and I am really struggling to keep up with the lessons. I felt like I was getting weaker, not stronger. In order to make sure I wasn’t just imagining the issue, I went to a local dealer and tested their model and their resistance was a LOT less than mine (their hardest level felt weaker than my lowest level).

So my calls with the service desk started on May 26, 2021. They initially said that I could fix it myself and sent me a magnet and a bracket. The first magnet was lost in shipping as the packaging was not appropriate for the two pieces. And once I removed the outer shields, I realized that I was not going to be able to fix this myself. A service order was placed on 6/2 for a technician. As of 7/16, after 6 calls with Nordic Track and several calls to the technician, I still have not received any response from a technician - no visit scheduled at this point. I am still waiting for a solution other than their consistent answer of “you need to wait longer.” I will never buy anything else from Nordic Track and I will never recommend it. I have had this piece of equipment for less than a year and it has had issues for more than 2 months with no confirmed action plans to fix it.

Melinda

We are sorry to hear that the resistance on your rower has always seemed harder than it should be and that a technician hasn’t come to repair it yet. Due to the increased demand for in-home fitness products, service times have been delayed.

Regardless, we want to make sure your rower is fixed as soon as possible. Please send us a direct message on Facebook so we can help you further and make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks! - NordicTrack

Original review: July 14, 2021

Do not get the white glove delivery service. You will get an email the delivery company is contacting you to schedule an appointment within 72 hours and then they do not. When you send a message to the delivery company cause you cannot call them, the automated message states someone will respond in 24 hours. You do not get a response and need to send another message 3 days later and still don’t get a response. After several tries, you finally get a response on the new date someone will call you to make the delivery appt and no one calls on that date. Now two weeks later, you get a text message the date and time frame the delivery company is coming. You stay at home from 10 to 2pm and no one arrives. You will spend lots of time calling Norditrack for assistance only to get excuses or no updates.

Melissa

We are very sorry for the experience you have had with the delivery of your NordicTrack unit. Our products are shipped through a third party and are not directly tied to our company. Regardless, we want you to have your unit as soon as possible.

Please send us a direct message on Facebook so we can take a closer look into this and make sure you are fully taken care of.

Original review: July 13, 2021

The individuals providing customer and technical support were very, very good. BUT - we have a $5000 treadmill with a bad 32" screen. After a few hours of tech support they decide they will replace the screen. OK - what about old screen? They don't want it back. OK - there is a cost associated with responsibly disposing of the bad screen - $50 at our local dump/recycle facility - who pays for that? Not NordicTrack!! Add $50 and a 2 week wait for new screen and OH! I have to replace the bad screen (theoretically easy) - to the 5K we paid for the treadmill. I hope to feel better about the experience once I can use the treadmill ... and I recommend that NordicTrack change their policy to either accept the DOA screen back with paid shipping .. or compensate the new treadmill owner who now has to pay to responsibly dispose of their bad screen. Just sayin'.

Chuck

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you had a positive experience with our customer and technical support teams. Although, we are sorry for the trouble you are facing in disposing of your old console. We appreciate this insight and will definitely pass it along to the appropriate team for further consideration.

If you have further questions regarding your replacement or treadmill, please message us directly on Facebook so we can assist you.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I purchased a NordicTrack Bike (model# NTEX71017.1) on March 17th 2020. In July 2020, the pedal began to make a clicking noise. I called the customer service line and they said due to covid, they couldnt send anyone out. They recommended me adjusting some screws on bike. The clicking continued until the bike finally broke on 9/25. I called in 9/28 and spoke to Cailey ** who advised me they couldnt send me anyone out and they had to send me the parts and I had to fix or hire someone to fix issue.

The part that got sent to me were the wrong parts. 10/03/2020 I decided to email issue instead of calling. I was told that they would send the correct parts out asap. I waited 12 day for the correct parts and finally called in and spoke to a service rep who told me no parts were ever submitted. 10/15 order# ** was created. I finally got parts by the end of October. I open up package and again wrong parts were ordered. I call once again on 11/9 and rep requested a video chat and correct parts were finally ordered. I got the parts but had issues pulling a part off. Called service department serveral times about equipment not coming off. Reps sent me several videos on how to remove parts.

On 11/23/2020 I spoke to rep and they realized there was a lock only auth service man had the tool to remove. She then approved a tech to come to my home to fix. 2 weeks later (mid December) tech fixed my bike. A month later the new screws the tech put broke off and got stuck inside bike. Called to fix and service rep said they were not allowed to send another rep. I would need to call back. After several months I called when everything started opening back up and rep advised my warranty expired 2 month ago. My bike was only working half the time and I feel my warranty and membership should of been extended the month my bike was broken. What sad is service rep I was speaking agreed with me that this is wrong, but manager will still not override.

Earl

We want to sincerely apologize for the experience you have had with your bike breaking and not receiving the service you deserve. The pandemic caused us to change the way we serviced units, please know that this situation continues to improve every day.

Your satisfaction with your bike and our services is very important to us. Please send us a direct message on Facebook so we can take a closer look into your situation and make sure you are fully taken care of.

NordicTrack Company Information