ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.27/5

For over 25 years, NordicTrack, a leading brand of ICON Health & Fitness, has been known for it's smooth, low-impact exercise machines. NordicTrack sells a wide variety of home fitness equipment including treadmills, trainers, elliptical machines, exercise bikes, interactive strength training, and rowers. Their iFit coaching membership offers world-class training with elite coaches to provide the ultimate fitness experience from the comfort of your home. Don't wait to start your fitness journey - buy a NordicTrack machine today with added benefits of free shipping, financing, and a 30 day money back guarantee!

NordicTrack Gallery (3)
View More View More

NordicTrack Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Without the iFit, I’d just ditch my NordicTrack treadmill in the garbage even though it’s amazing. The iFit makes it, otherwise, it’s just another really nice looking treadmill. The workout variety is fantastic. And I’ve noticed that they’re adding more walking ones, which is critically important because people like me who are handicapped can’t run and climb giant mountains all the time. Even if it’s a running one, you could just physically walk, which I love. I hope they keep adding other ones that are more kind of walking and gentle hikes. But it’s great.

Purchasing and ordering from NordicTrack was great and easy. The only feedback I’d give to them and to the people as well from ICON is on the app that they use on the website that you use to chat. It does like a pop-up thing to chat on. And on my iPhone, if I accidentally rotated my phone, the chat part that popped up where you talk back and forth would shrink super small and there was no way to resize it again. I talked for like 20 minutes to the guy, and then all of a sudden, I couldn’t see the screen. And so, I had to disconnect and reconnect and talk to somebody else. The app experience wasn’t great, but the product experience has been great.

The machine is very smooth. I like the controls. I feel it’s very disabled-friendly, at least for me, and the screen itself is beautiful. It would be nice if there was a little bit more control over the brightness of the back screen on the screen only because I live in Florida and so it’s bright, and what’ll happen is it’ll wash out the screen itself, so I wouldn’t be able to see it very well. I had to put up blackouts on my window so that I could see it clearly all the time.

One of the cool features that I accidentally found out was let's say you’re on 2 and you wanna go to 2.5, they do have one button that goes up .1 at a time, but I didn’t know it did. If you press 2 and then 5, it just goes to 2, 5, which was really nifty, versus having to hit, go up 1,1,1,1,1. So, that was a neat feature but the documentation wasn’t very good on that.

Another thing is they could put buttons on the model I have at least. Mine comes with the ski handles. I can’t do it myself, but it comes with the ability to kind of cross-country ski. What would be amazing is if they put controls kinda like you do in your car when you reach behind the steering wheel there and you push the little button to change the radio station. Because if you’re doing a certain walk, a hike or the skiing, and you’re in the middle of doing that, it’s hard to let go and reach down to push the buttons that are literally 2 feet below where your hands are and continue your workout. So, if they were able to put some buttons up there that you could just be like, “Okay, go faster, go slower, lower the incline,” so you don’t have to interrupt your workout, that would make it that much better.

I’ve told people about NordicTrack. Unfortunately, because it is expensive, it is a commercial model, I don’t have a lot of friends who can afford. But I tell everybody, “If you can, save up and buy one.” I send people pictures and the videos while I’m on it. The unit itself is the best investment I’ve made for my health and my disabled abilities in my life. And I use it a lot after my surgeries. It’s a great machine. In summary, the purchase, the delivery and setup were very simple and streamlined. The product capabilities surpass anything else I’ve seen on the market, which is why I chose that product. For somebody who is looking for high-end fitness capabilities or for somebody, who like myself, needs help after years of surgeries on and off, it’s the perfect machine to facilitate those points in your life.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I purchased a NordicTrack in July and the iFit membership came with it. I’ve got two machines here. It’s good. I’m very active on the Facebook official iFit member page and there’s a lot of improvements that Icon Fitness could make to the consoles quite easily and continue to drag their feet on that, like a searchable feature. When I schedule workouts, it’s very challenging to go into the machine, and/or go onto the website. If you schedule a series, like a series of 12, and it’s part 1, part 2, part 3, the digits on the console are only so many long, and the digits on the website are only so long. So, if you skip a day and need to make up for it, you can’t see which one to put on. There’s a lot of frustrating things that they could really make some improvements on, but I do love iFit.

The delivery was a disappointment in that two machines that I ordered, both machines arrived damaged. There was a lack of communication between NordicTrack, the one that hauled it and the local delivery carrier. And I ended up having to take the reins and get it all fixed. And so, they had to reship. I did not get shipping confirmation. I basically had to trace down the machines. And if it weren’t for the kindness of the local delivery company, that probably would have been a really bad experience. And then, the guys they sent to do the white glove service had never put a machine together before. They almost ripped up my walls and they almost dropped it going up the stairs.

I had to go get the equipment, tie-downs to hold the treadmill together, so it didn't fly and hit my wall again. So, I had to go to my garage and go find tie-downs to get them. And then, they left. They took all the boxes and the key to the treadmill, so I couldn't use my treadmill. It wouldn’t work for safety reasons without the key. I called up the delivery company. They said they searched the box, they couldn’t find it, so they blamed it on iFit that it wasn’t included in the packaging. So, I had to call iFit. I was on hold for an hour and they finally said, “Let’s send you a new one.” I asked if they can expedite it since I can’t use my machine. They said sure. So, they gave it five to seven days shipment instead of 10-day ground.

My experience could’ve been better. I didn't get to use my machine for two more weeks and I felt I had two weeks of iFit free that got wasted because I couldn't turn the machine on. It would be fantastic if they could just send an email to their user any time a new series is published with a link to it because right now, I’m relying on Facebook to find out when a new series is created. To me, I shouldn’t have to rely on another user. It would be great if NordicTrack or Icon Fitness would just send their user the link every time a new series is published, and then you can just click on the link and schedule it on your machine right there instead of relying on social media for that. That would be fantastic if they could make the console searchable because right now, you just have to scroll, scroll, scroll, and just tons of text.

I wish they can make the console searchable where you can actually go search for the keyword, “Australia,” or search for a walking series, or search for a certain trainer. Right now, I rely on social media. I have posts saved to Facebook and I look at them, and I click on that person’s link that they graciously included to schedule my workouts. They're competing with Peloton and Peloton has them beat on this whole customer service and user-friendliness. If they can do that, they can beat Peloton. And they don't have the best hours in the wait times to get to the humans. With NordicTrack or Icon, it’s tremendously long and there’s a frustration level with all their users. They don't work on weekends. They're on mountain time, but they don't realize that a lot of their users don’t live on mountain time. So, there’s just a lot of improvements that could be made from a customer service standpoint.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I like the NordicTrack treadmill. I wish the iFit program is a little bit more user-friendly, though. I wish it's a little bit more like the Peloton app. With that app, it’s my understanding that it’s got strength training workouts on it and then you can take that to the gym. Whereas, with the iFit program, it’s just on the treadmill. So, even when you’re in the middle of a run or a walk and they do lunges and stuff, even to get off the treadmill, I can’t see. I can’t follow along. So, I wish that was different. But as far as the programs while you’re using the treadmill, they're fine.

The purchasing process went fine, but I had an issue with delivery. I bought it after the 4th of July, so it was not a holiday. And they said it’d be delivered in two or three weeks, and mine was double the amount of time. I kinda live in the middle of nowhere, so I was okay with that. I did not pay for setup, but when it was delivered, the guys that delivered it did not speak English, which again was fine. But they had a rental truck, and they dropped it out of the back of the rental truck and dragged it along the streets up into the driveway. The box was mangled, and there were pieces broken on the treadmill. I would not have accepted delivery of it but I could not communicate with them to tell them that it was unacceptable.

I’ve started putting it together and there was a couple of plastic pieces that were broken, and I thought that’s not a big deal. But one of the main metal parts of the treadmill was bent, and that did not happen in the delivery process. That was a fault of wherever it came from because that was metal and it was in where the TV screen is. When I called NordicTrack, it was gonna be another four weeks for that piece to get delivered because it was out of stock. So, by that time, I had kinda had it. I didn’t even want it anymore. After a lot of back and forth, they agreed to send me a new one, and then they had someone come and pick it up, but I still had to pay for setup. They split the setup fee with me. The guy they sent to pick up my treadmill came by himself. I and my son had to help him get it out of the house. So, it was kind of a process from beginning to end. I was not very happy with that.

Everybody I dealt with at NordicTrack was very helpful. It’s just that the last person that we talked with was not quite as helpful. And by that time, I was frustrated, my husband was frustrated, and so we were not the nicest customers to deal with at that point. I tried to stay polite and positive with people. I don’t like to be a bearcat right off the bat but we probably were. And so, the representative was probably pretty demented with us as well.

I was happy that they took the old treadmill and gave us a new one. I was relieved about that, and the next people who delivered it were super good, friendly and helpful. They made sure it worked. The first delivery company was awful. I’ve dealt with the same company both times. I could never get a hold of them by email or by phone. And every time that they would call me, they would only come to my area one day a week. I would recommend highly that NordicTrack use a different delivery company out here in the Midwest. Those guys are horrible.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Purchasing from NordicTrack was easy. I’d sent an email prior concerning some negative reviews that I had concerns with and I got a prompt response back. And then the process was easy from that point forward. Originally, when I purchased my equipment, I was told by the sales rep that the machine had a HDMI cable and I could cast off to a smart TV. And that was one of the really important factors of me purchasing the machine because I was comparing NordicTrack with a Peloton. It was very important that I have that feature to be able to cast off because when you’re doing exercise off the machine, even though it’s a big screen, you can’t see it from the floor. So, you wanted to be able to cast off onto a smart TV.

When my machine arrived, it did not have that. The sales rep was high up, so I was surprised that he didn’t know this. The thing’s a mammoth and I had a decision to make. Do I wanna send it back or not send it back? And at that point, I didn’t. But it did not make me happy that it did not have that HDMI port in it when I was told specifically by the senior sales rep that it did have. I’ve gotten an email confirming that as well. So, he apologized and said that they will make sure everybody understands that this machine does not have that. But there’s really nothing that could be done other than me sending the machine back. So, that was a negative. Because now, I can’t do on the floor workouts. You can do a complete workout on and off the treadmill with a trainer. And once you get off the treadmill and you’re on the floor doing the floor exercises, you cannot see it from the floor. So, it’s a bummer.

It's just so bizarre that it didn’t have the HDMI cable. I suspect that the older models had the ability to cast off onto a smart TV. And when they went with bigger screens, maybe their point would be like, “Well, if the small screens have the ability to cast off on the smart TV, which could be a big TV, then why would someone buy this 32-inch monitor when they could just buy an older model and cast it off?” In thinking that, “Oh, because the 32-inch TV you could still do your exercises on the floor.” But you cannot. No matter where your position, you cannot see. And with the way that it’s tilted, you cannot do the floor exercises. So, I just don’t do the floor exercises. I just use it for running. And it doesn’t have a USB port to plug a cellphone in. It has an auxiliary port that I can just plug in for the coach in the unit itself. And you can listen to the coach. Now, the iFit is the only program you can use with it.

Also, this has nothing to do with NordicTrack, but the delivery guys did not want to deliver my machine. As a matter of fact, they went out of their way to try to convince me that this was not a residential unit and this needs to be sent back. And I was like, “Dude, I’ve been doing all my research on this.” He just didn’t wanna bring it around the house into the basement and complained the whole time. He was moaning, groaning and griping. I thought of calling NordicTrack, but this guy was scary looking. So, I really didn’t want them to send him back to my house. But if I had not done all my research on this, I would have thought maybe he was right.

Other than those, I am madly in love with the treadmill. It would have been better if it would have had the HDMI cable. I’m really super disappointed in that. But the actual treadmill, using the coaches, the incline, decline, the phenomenal shock, I’m pushing 50 miles a week and I could’ve never done that. I’ve always been a runner and always been an outdoor runner. I hated treadmills. I called them a dreadmill like everybody else that’s a runner. And now, I love it. I hardly ever run outside because there’s no impact to my knees, my hips, and my joints.

I did a lot of research on NordicTrack and there were negative reviews. And I hope they get that cleaned up because it’s a shame because the product itself is so good. And I’d narrowed it down between the Peloton and the NordicTrack, and I chose the NordicTrack over their competitors because of the Flex Belt. I knew I needed something that’s gonna be able to absorb the shock. And I really like the decline. It was like one of the few treadmills that had the negative six decline, and then the 40 incline. So, I wanted that ability to be able to get a really good workout. Also, if I wanted to burn some calories, and I was constrained by time, I could just do a higher incline. I bought the warranty on it, so I felt comfortable that I won’t have any problems with it. But that is specifically because of the features and the Flex Belt.

Original review: April 20, 2019

NordicTrack had the product that we wanted and their price was fair. You can get an elliptical or a treadmill for a competitive price from something else, but there isn’t anybody else who is making the freestrider where you have an adjustable stride. All the other ones are the more professional and really expensive ones that you would be spending more than $3,000 on. So, we decided to buy from NordicTrack. The ordering process was super easy and I did everything completely through the online form. The longest bit of time was researching which products we wanted but navigating through the website was also easy and I didn’t have any trouble.

The NordicTrack is a heavy machine and I got a call from the freighter who brought it, so I knew when it was coming. I thought that it was going to be brought inside the house but they just brought it to the driveway, so we had to move it in. I never looked in to see if I had a misunderstanding about that, but it all worked out. The machine was too heavy for just my husband and I to get it in, so we ended up having to open it up and take it out piece by piece into the house. But the assembly was very reasonable. We made a couple of mistakes but it was because we were nearing the end and going too fast. And it didn’t end up being consequential.

Other than that, the iFit membership is the most amazing thing ever and I love it. However, I can't easily find all of the things that I can find online on the tablet embedded in the NordiTrack. It could be that I haven't totally figured out how to access the programs through the it and I am still working on that. But for a little while, the tablet would have some glitch happen and it wouldn’t save my workout. That would be annoying sometimes because you get motivated by tracking how much you are doing. It would also spin the little spinny thing like it was thinking then it would say an error message and the workout not be saved. It wouldn’t count towards what it was tracking for you and that would happen occasionally.

Aside from that, I am 5-foot-6, which is the average height for most women, but the display screen is not adjustable and is set at an angle where sometimes the screen is dim for me. I have to bounce up or get on my tippy-toes to see it really clearly. I can still see it but if you are looking at a computer screen or TV and if you were at a side angle, it would be not very bright or even almost turning black and it shouldn’t be that way for me. Otherwise, the product is doing everything for me like I hoped it would. As for my husband, he has gone from not working out at all to having a regular habit of it and it has motivated him in other ways to get healthy, so it is good.

I am also totally blown away by the variety of workout that we could do on the NordicTrack. It is the coolest thing ever and I look forward to using it every day. The NordicTrack has been a great stress reliever as well and I feel like my posture has improved. It is super smooth and I haven't had any pain from joint impact. If people have arthritis, it would be really easy to use. I have been having some back pain since using it, but it is more because of the fact that I am getting fit, I have some other areas in my body that I need to work on, and I'm probably doing the one thing that isn’t great. Overall, NordicTrack has been a motivator towards making these health changes and I am now working out five or six days a week wherein before I was doing zero.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I went with NordicTrack because of its automation. Its ability to go on inclines and declines was the selling point. It came with the iFit and it had a little bit cheaper price point than the other as well. My purchasing experience had been excellent -- I had somebody pop up on a little screen and gave me some additional discounts that weren’t on the website. I had somebody came and assembled the unit for me, and they were efficient and quick. I love the fact that the unit does all the adjustments for me on the hills and the resistance. That is fantastic. I love the outdoor workouts, going out and following the trainers. However, I need to call for service because it has been making a grinding sound in the wheels. As for the iFit, using it is easy and it updates itself. The variety of workouts if has is good.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I had an old NordicTrack, one of the originals, many years ago, and I liked it. So, I went with it again, and also ordered some parts that didn’t come with it. They came separately at different times but then some other parts were still missing. They weren’t critical though. I like my NordicTrack very much, as well as iFit which came with. I specifically like the trainer Tommy Rivers and I pretty much follow his routine.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I wish I had gone with another company. They delivered the C1750 to my house but they don't bring it in and down to the basement. The thing weighs like 1000 tons. I hired two people to do it and even they struggled cracking the front end of it. I have no idea if it will now work. I can't fault the two guys are hired as they tried their hardest but it was so heavy. After paying over $2500 you think they would at least cover bringing it into your house and setting it up. They don't. I hate this company and wish I could send this back and make them come and get it. Will never purchase from them again. First time user, still under warranty.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I'm a previous owner of a NordicTrack and I like it. I got another one and it’s very easy to use. However, it seems like I’m starting to have a little bit of issue with the logon, which I will have to call them about.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I like the brand and available functions that are in the devices. We had a second child. Since I started using NordicTrack again, it has been going great. I have a treadmill and one of their bikes. The iFit came with them for a year. And then I just had to renew it this month. However, it’s a pain finding what I want. I can't do a proper search for walks or jogs. My second complaint would be that when I'm in the middle of a jog, my pace that the machine sets me at is nowhere near parallel to what the guy on the screen is doing. So when I'm jogging through Chile and we're going through a landscape that's parallel to a river and then it leads into the mountains there, it has me at an incline of 10 or 11 and this guy is going up a very gentle slope. It's a backbreaker at that point. It does not match what the workout is supposed to be, which would be a medium workout. Not a "You're about to have a heart attack-kill yourself," kind.

That was specifically a part of a training program where you come in at one level of fitness and at the end of it, you're supposed to be able to be doing something even greater. But at the pace that it's trying to set for the user, it's near impossible to actually follow along without having to reduce your speed and or incline. I’ve already sent in some suggestions on feature changes for the treadmill. But their response was, "Well, we don't have any of those in scope right now so we're not gonna look at those." But other than that, the bike has been great and my endurance is improving.

NordicTrack expert review by Mark Barroso

Famous for introducing the indoor ski machine to the market, NordicTrack also manufactures all sorts of exercise equipment, including exercise bikes, rowers, ellipticals and treadmills.

• Exercise bikes: Recumbent and upright bikes available, along with studio cycles that let you take a spin class from the comfort of your home. Prices start around $800.

• Ellipticals: Front-drive and rear-drive ellipticals available with a space-saving design so you can easily store them at home. Prices start around $1,000.

• Treadmills: NordicTrack has a range of treadmills, including commercial treadmills and desk treadmills. Prices start around $1,200.

• Full range of console services: NordicTrack’s web-enabled touchscreen consoles allow users to browse the internet, watch TV or play video games while exercising, making the process more fun for most people.

• Adjustable cushioning on tracks: Treadmills and other equipment come with adjustable cushioning to protect users’ feet from impact injuries while using the machines.

by Mark Barroso Health and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.

NordicTrack Company Information