1.39/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

103 NordicTrack Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

My husband and I did a lot of research before buying this machine, well we thought we did. We really wanted an arc trainer, but they're very expensive. We compared several options that seemed comparable to the arc trainer and this was the winner, so we thought. The stride isn't nearly long enough and I am only 4'10". It feels like I hit a brick wall with every stride. We cannot run on this machine. It does not feel like an $1800 piece of equipment. We remembered the money back guarantee, part of what gave us confidence to buy. Well, it's not quite a money back guarantee. They agreed to the return, but keep $350 of the $1800 we paid. I was not aware of the return policy, I took "money back guarantee" as just that. I thought it was them standing by their product. Not even close.

The hold times are beyond ridiculous. It takes 40-60 minutes before someone will actually pick up. And then I think they put you on extended holds in an attempt to get you to hang up. Their online return policy states that the machine must be boxed for the shipping company to pick up. The NT rep told me that is not the case, that we have to disassemble the machine and put it outside for the shipping company and THEY will box it. When I asked my rep to send me an email with those instructions, she told me they don't send emails. Ok... So I have very little confidence already.

Also, the shipping company should be contacting me within 30 days to schedule the pickup, then they transport it and I should get a refund within 30 days of NT receiving the equipment. That's 60-90 days! $1800 is a lot of money to have to wait 60-90 days to receive it back, and because their equipment is defective. If it isn't defective, I can't imagine a person of average height ever being able to use this equipment. Again, I am only 4'10" and my short legs are beyond the stride capacity of this machine.

Since I am off today, I thought I would check in on my return status as I have not heard from the shipping company as of yet and I, of course, did not receive a confirmation email for my return. I simply have a return order number. My current wait time is 51 minutes... I cannot wait on hold this long during a workday. So now I wait it out and hopefully have some resolution.

I wish I would have sought out negative reviews before purchasing. The FreeStyle doesn't have any reviews... I wonder why... I am sure there are plenty of reviews, but NT is not going to display negative reviews. With that said, that leave me to believe that they have ZERO positive reviews on this machine. How can they still be in business? HOW? They should be forced to display ALL reviews, they should be forced to allow customers to review on their website so that we can make an informed decision. I was not able to make an informed decision because NordicTrack blocks consumer reviews. We thought we were buying from a reputable company. Mistake. Yesterday we went to a local fitness store and purchased an arc trainer. We have a warranty and were able to test the equipment first. This is used, but I am much more confident in this than a brand new product with a national company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Purchased at Sears. Nobody told me that to use the equipment I need to put in my credit card to activate iFit. This is old school method to get money out of your pocket. Even if they give you a free year, just don't want it! It was not until I said that I was returning the treadmill to Sears that customer support gave me the bypass to get it working. (Just press the iFit button for 20 seconds). Took me three calls to figure out something that should be in the manual. Lame!!!

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I cannot get a hold of anyone. I tried to chat and was waiting for a while for someone to get on and finally left a message and got no response. Tried again the next day and after waiting for a very long time they told me they couldn't help me and to call. I have been on hold for over 20 minutes and no one is answering. This is the most frustrating company with horrible customer service. I will never ever order from them again. Ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Customer service sales support will answer within seconds or minutes, but they can do nothing if your product is defective. If you want that department, you must wait over an hour (chat or call). Then they want you to disassemble your product to take pictures and video of your defective product. Once you go through all of these hoops, they will wait another week or so to finally answer your calls and emails. I hope you don't have a day job, because they are only available during the day, which makes it even more difficult to navigate the pictures and barrage of questions. Bottom line is that you will have a large paperweight for several weeks, should anything go wrong. I first complained over a week ago, and am still in the email phase. Once they determine that it is a defect, then they will send a service tech out with the parts (estimated wait time 7-10 business days).

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I just want to say how amazing this product is. From the iFit trainers, to how the device works. To the built in content. I honestly have put my money into a good investment. All this negativity on this page about the transportation and delivery, this situation happens with every company. I'm pretty sure once you have the device. You will love it so much and the wait will be forgotten. I just don't know how else you could improve such an awesome machine! Thanks NordicTrack you have produced a great product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

My Husband ordered the x22i treadmill on Dec 21 and we received confirmation saying it was processing. We periodically checked in to see if the status changed and on Jan 1 it still was still listed as processing with no updated information. I called and sat on hold for about 45 minutes then was told it's in GA on the truck. I called a few days later because the status still has not changed and sat on hold another 45 minutes to get told they don't know where it was, put me on hold and then I got hung up on. Called back and sat on hold another 35 minutes and then was told the thing never even shipped and that it would have to be reordered because they don't even know where it is.

At this point we are 3 weeks from the original order date. She advised the machine is on back order - I said, Ok, why didn't anyone tell me this upon ordering? I said, Oh, yeah, it's because they wanted my 3K! She didn't disagree. Today we still have not received an email that it was reordered, so I called (sat on hold 50 minutes) and cancelled. I was not asked why I was cancelling and was immediately given a confirmation number of the cancellation and was told the money will go back on the card in 30 days. Way to do business NordicTrack! Unfortunately I will never buy or order anything associated with this company again! My only regret is that I didn't read the reviews first, as I would have saved my time, stress & disappointment!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We are NordicTrack believers and love the products but the delivery of the trainer was a nightmare. They never called to say that they were going to be late and rescheduling a new day. It was told to me by the customer service representative that the delivery people were "Nordic Track trained professionals" that knew the product. Well not true. They were just some "joes" for lack of a better word, who do a delivery business on the side. They didn't even know what they were putting together and were extremely unprofessional. I would think that if I had a third party delivering my product, I would want them to be vetted and trained. They had no idea. Next time we are using a different company. Pretty depressing.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Don't bother ordering. You could build one yourself before you receive it. It's been a month and we still have not received our order. We finally gave up and called to cancel (Saturday). They were closed of course. We will call back on Monday and cancel. Not star worthy however I cannot complete this review without at least selecting 1 star.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have never had such a successful conversation through Twitter. They were able to find and resolve my issue within minutes. I attempted their phone support previously and got no progress. Twitter is the way to go. They did a great job. My warranty replacement is already on the way!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Nordic track lists 1 year of iFit Membership in the performance specifications of its NordicTrack NTEL71218 Commercial 12.9 machine. Nowhere do they mention that this is valid only when you buy it directly from NordicTrack. I purchased the machine from Amazon, which is a authorized dealer for NordicTrack at the same price that NordicTrack was charging ($1249).

NordicTrack will not give me my membership even though it is listed under performance specifications for the product, just because I bought it through their dealer and not them directly. The financial impact is that I will have to subscribe to a plan for $400 annually - something that is indicated as free with the machine. Essentially Nordic track is earning $800 through misrepresentation on their elliptical ($400 by denying customers the 1 year membership + $400 by making them pay for the first year membership) on machines sold through their authorized channels like Amazon.com

They make it difficult for customers to reach their customer support teams by having 1+ hour wait times on their phone line and on the online chat. The organization seems to be built to mislead their customers, and then hold on to the money from that misrepresentation by making it difficult for customers to reach them and resolve the issue. Their bet is that the machine is large and customers will not return it after spending hours assembling it. Their revenue strategy seems to be built on acquiring money through misrepresentation and then retaining that money though difficult to reach customer service. I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this business based on my interaction with NordicTrack customer service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I order my S22i Studio Cycle on 12/19, expecting it to ship on 12/31 according to the website. Since then my only communication from Nordictrack are emails to upsell me on an extended warranty. I don't even have the bike! I've sent them 5 emails as I can't play the phone runaround game, no response. I am really questioning my decision and will cancel my order with them in the next few days and go with a Peloton. All I am requesting is an updated status on shipping. Obviously they do not value the customer.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

After reading the reviews and knowing how unreasonable some people's expectations can be, I decided to take advantage of one of their "sales" and ordered a treadmill. About two weeks later I received a call from the delivery company and set up delivery. They no-showed, so I called that night and set it up for the next day and again they no-showed. Third time - same situation. I called NordicTrack to complain and they offered me my choice of a free white glove delivery or a discount and said they would work with the delivery company. Two days later I received a call from the delivery company letting me know that if I didn't accept delivery soon, they would start charging me storage! After another week of hearing nothing from NordicTrack or the delivery company, I called and canceled the order.

I continued to received bills from NordicTrack Financing (TD Bank) and figured no big deal. Finally, after the late fees started to add up, I called TD Bank, and they said the proper paperwork was not filed, and my only option was to dispute the charges, which I did. Five days later I received a note from TD Bank letting me know that while the charges were in dispute, I needed to make minimum payments. I decided to call NordicTrack myself, and after 40 minutes of holding, reached Devonte form customer service, who told me in no uncertain terms that the order was canceled. There was nothing they could do, and that if I agreed to pay TD Bank, then I better do so. When I expressed my frustration, he let me know he was ending the call and hung up on me.

I called a supervisor at TD Bank, and they let me know this entire fiasco was the result of NordicTrack not filing the proper paperwork. She let me know that this is a common occurrence, and not to worry about my credit because they would reverse all late fees and any adverse credit reporting if the dispute is resolved in my favor. NordicTrack is unreliable, irresponsible, unorganized, and callous when dealing with customers. I would avoid at all costs!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Do not even waste your time with NordicTrack. I ordered a RW500 in November as a gift for my husband. I figured it would be at my house in time for Christmas. I purchased the machine, it went so smoothly. I received e-mails from IFIT, the program that provides the rowing workouts, to set up the IFIT account for the machine. I did so, not a problem. 2-3 weeks later, countless online chats with NordicTrack customer service as well as phone calls, (with excessively long hold times) and every single person was telling me that the machines were shipping out and I would have the shipping info within 48 hours. They also tell me they will do me a solid and give me back $100 for my troubles. Also, never received my email from them.

Now we're a week away from Christmas, I call/message yet again. FINALLY someone over the phone tells me the machines are completely sold out and have been for weeks. Nowhere does it say this on the website and every single person I spoke to omitted this information. They all said they would e-mail me and I never received one. So now, I'm really frustrated with them, but the woman tells me that my rower will be shipping out the day after Christmas. Guess what? Day after Christmas, I give them a ring on the phone, learn that the machines are in the warehouse in California, my machine is there and in 48 hours I will receive an email saying my machine is on its way. Total LIE!

Two days later, I reach out AGAIN, never received my e-mail. They say something is awry with my order so I should just CANCEL THE ENTIRE THING AND REORDER THE MACHINE! I wish I had just cancelled the entire thing because this was such a headache. I was so set on having the rowing machine for my husband, I wasn't willing to give up. I'm then told my machine would be on its way shortly and was provided a new tracking number. Finally received my $100 back.

It's 2019, January 2nd I reach out with my new tracking number. The guy on the online chat then tells me that all machines are sold out... I ask him questions like, "Are you serious??" and "What do I do now?" He then stops responding entirely and just ends our chat. I get on the phone with someone, and I tell her I want to cancel my order entirely. She says I need to go through the billing department so she transfers me to them. 30 minutes on hold and I'm put through to billing. In less than 3 minutes my entire order is cancelled. Not only that, I was charged for IFIT, and I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A MACHINE TO USE IT WITH. So now, I have no machine and no respect for NordicTrack. Shame on you for dragging customers along. These are expensive purchases and the way that you handle your customers is completely unprofessional. I will never buy anything from NordicTrack.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

The buying process went very well until my credit card was charged. Once the charge went through the frustration began. I paid for the "white glove" assembly program. This had the equipment professionally set up in the room of my choosing. The team sent to set up my equipment had to ask me what they were building! They built the equipment and left. First time I used it the equipment rattled excessively. After numerous calls and chats to automated services replacement parts were sent to me and a service technician dispatched to my house (about 6 weeks duration).

The service technician was great and showed me that the "white glove" assembly consisted of none of the screws holding the handrails and head unit to the actual platform were more than finger tight. None of those screws had the lock washers on them. He fixed up my machine and not even being a NordicTrack employee apologized to me excessively and joking said how busy NordicTrack machines are keeping him. Do yourself a favor and wait for a competitor to come out with a similar product. I promise you it cannot be worse than what I have.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

You would figure that after you paid for three machines and paid the extended warranty for each one totaling about 10,000 dollars you would get decent customer service. They were really good at selling the product but are terrible at helping afterwards. My end of the bargain was to pay. But apparently I have to do the repairs too and if I don’t have the time to wait on the phone for hours this whole process can take weeks. I never leave reviews, but at this point I am so so frustrated that I am advising people do not purchase from this company given the lack of support after the sale. I would expect more from a business run out of Logan Utah. The machines are great but the people backing them up have no honor.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Background: Purchased a the commercial 1750 treadmill directly from NordicTrack mid November 2017. Received the treadmill mid December. Fast forward to April 2018, drive motor breaks in treadmill, called customer service and have to argue with the rep after waiting on hold for over a half hour to get a service tech to come and replace motor as it was still under manufacturer warranty. Finally after contacting the original sales rep I purchased the treadmill through, I was able to get a service tech and replacement motor. Recently, drive motor started having same issues as it did back in April before it died, called and was able to get a new part and service tech on order within 2 hours. Took service tech over 3 weeks and 6 phone calls to come and actually replace the motor.

Now, less than 6 days after the service tech replaced the drive motor the treadmill went to a 12 incline and does not come down. Tried calibrating the incline well over 10 times, uninstalled and reinstalled iFit, didn't fix it. Called NordicTrack. I was on the phone for over 3 hours and was transferred to 7 different people. Ended with speaking to a maintenance rep who was able to order me a new incline motor and was told a service tech would be in contact within 2 to 3 days.

I asked to speak with someone about getting either my money back for a treadmill or a replacement treadmill since this one seems to be having a lot of issues. Was told that they only replace parts, not treadmills and if I had any further issues I would need to speak to someone in billing and returns. Was transferred to billing and returns and was told I needed to speak to someone in customer care. Was transferred to customer care and was on hold for over 40 minutes and ended up hanging up.

Here I am a week later with a new incline motor in the box and not a single call from a service tech. I called again and was transferred and hung up on. At the moment I am waiting on hold again for a customer service rep after I tried to talk to a rep via their "chat" option on NordicTrack and was told that I needed to go to Icon Fitness to "chat" with someone. DO NOT EVER PURCHASE A NORDICTRACK. The company is terrible and I should have known from past issues with a prior treadmill. Spend your money on a quality treadmill. Customer service is awful. There are long wait times, which only get longer because it never seems to be the right department and they can never help you.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I am just simply beside myself, I cannot believe the incompetence of this company! No support nor information as to when I would get my order. Don't call them because you may be transferred around or disconnected all day! I am presently on the phone waiting for 1 hour!! To get a product that I was guaranteed delivery before Christmas. First and Last time I will ever buy something from NT again!!! NT you lost my future business and referrals.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

They claim 30 day money back guarantee... Well it’s complete BS! They make you pay return shipping as well as a 10% restocking fee “unless defective” which they make impossible to prove. I’ve been on hold now for 2 hours. I will not give up however! This is the 3rd department I’ve been transferred to and still nothing is resolved. Waiting to find out how they are going to try and screw me like all these reviews. I should have done my research beforehand. DON'T BUY FROM THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY!!! Worst fitness equipment and customer service I’ve ever dealt with!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My Fusion was delivered and the guys that assembled it tried to get me to sign off on installation when the monitor screen was full of what looked like scratches all over it! When I asked if it was possible there was plastic on it that needed removed they insisted it had no plastic and it was “just from shipping”. I had them call their boss while I tried to reach NordicTrack customer service. I was told by installers they can’t wait while I’m on hold so they took machine back to their truck after unassembling it half time at. After 45 minutes I get off hold only to be greeted by a very rude woman who continued to talk over top of me while I tried to explain what happened.

I finally told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor and she said they didn’t have one available. Then she put me on hold and I waited another 30 minutes for billing and parts department. They recommended have machine redelivered and call yet another number for a replacement monitor to be shipped! Guys bring machine back and I decide to check for plastic covering the monitor myself. Guess what...it DID have plastic over it so I peeled it off! Now that that was resolved they managed to damage the arm and another part of the machine while redelivering it the same day!!!

I’m still waiting to get in touch with company to request these damaged parts! And the only consolation I was offered by the rude woman in customer service was $200 off the price which was already the Black Friday sale price to everyone anyhow! Tonight while working out the straps on the one handle tore completely off and I almost fell on the ground from it! I only weigh 135 pounds. I’m not impressed with the quality of this NordicTrack Fusion and between their customer service and the iFits terrible service…endless hold times and not returning calls. I would NOT RECOMMEND this company or this machine unless you enjoy rude people, wasting your time, and no resolution to problems!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I bought TWO machines from this company. I paid an extra $250 to have them delivered and put together and on Monday two men weighing (BOTH) a total of 130 pounds and barely speaking English delivered them but could not put the fusion together because they couldn't carry it upstairs. They promptly left it in the living room in the box. They did put together the rowing machine but there was NO power cord and they failed to mention this before they left. I could not reach them afterwards. I have been trying to reach a real person at NordicTrack but have been unable to. I have sent many emails with no response. The delivery company tells me that they are working on it but no one calls me back. Meanwhile I have these two brand new machines that I cannot use but they expect me to pay for. I don't think so. They can come and get their machines and shove them. These people are horrible.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

They are the nicest people only till they make you buy the product. Once you pay for their product, the worst customer service I have ever seen. I received my product damaged as if it was a used product. I called and I was on hold for more than 2 hours and they still won't return it. They will only send parts to fix the problem. Now parts will take few weeks to come in...what a nightmare dealing with NordicTrack. I would give negative stars if I could! Do yourself a favor and stay away from them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Do not buy anything from NordicTrack. They will make your life a nightmare if you want to return an item. I called within 7 days of returning the item, costing me over $400 to return which whatever I don't want it, I set up a return and was told someone would call me to schedule a pick up. I have called every week. IF you get a person, they can't understand you so I tried the chat line and once again, language barrier.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My treadmill motor began squeaking shortly after purchasing. I purchased the extended support services so figured I would call to get it repaired. The service center said they would ship a new motor. When it arrived, the thread was stripped so could not be mounted. We called and the service rep apologized and shipped another motor. It arrived without a ground wire or ground clip. We called again very frustrated. I asked for a manager but didn’t get one. I asked for the next motor to have quality checks before shipping and was told it would. We received the motor today and still no ground wire or ground clip. Extremely disappointed with the amount of time wasted waiting on hold, waiting for a motor after motor... and no longer trusting the company. We will call again tomorrow. I would not recommend this equipment to anyone because of the poor product quality and after sale customer service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I purchased a bike on 09/16/2018 from NordicTrack after months of researching multiple vendors. The bike arrived at my home on 10/01/18 and assembled by the delivery team. I rode the bike that very same day. On day three the belt on the bike broke. I called and spend 45 minutes on hold before speaking to a representative. The rep asked me to download an app to my phone so that he can use the camera to assess the issue. After several twisting and turning of my phone he decided to order a new belt. He then advised that a technician will contact me once the belt is delivered to my home. The tech did not call, I had to call and schedule with the repair company. Once the tech came out, he said he was able to replace the belt however the bike is defective. I said, "Defective, what do you mean."

He said, "The frame on the bike is severely bent and that is the reason why the belt broke." He provided a wealth of information on what my next steps are to resolve the issue. He took pictures from multiple angle and send it over to his dispatcher. They send over the pictures and report to Icon Fitness/NordicTrack immediately. He instructed me to call the next day and have them replace the bike. After a lengthy conversation with a rep that kept putting me on hold. She return to say they discontinue the particular parts I need for the bike. The rep then offer to send me a new bike which I declined. I would have to wait another 10-14 business for them to ship the new bike. Plus the additional 5 business days for it to be delivered to my home. I told her I would prefer a refund. The rep said, "Please call the refund dept at the following number. They will process your refund and set up an appointment to retrieve the bike."

I had to call the refund department twice before they could process my request with being placed on hold for a lengthy periods at times. Finally, "Your refund is process and it will take 10-14 business day to reflect on the finance company system." They deemed the machine defective and request that I discard it myself. Which I had to pay the junk company for pickup. 10-14 days passed and my refund is still not processed. I called several times after and on the 5th called the rep stated it would take up to 30 business days to process the refund. They attempt to process the refund to Fortiva and reversed the same day I made the initial called.

I am already out two payments one to the finance company and the other to my credit card for the extended warranty. The next payment to the finance company is due on 11/23. I called today and the rep is telling I will have to wait another 30 days for the refund to process and 10-14 days for it to reflect on my credit card and the finance company's records. By the way every time I request to speak to a manager, none is ever on duty. I am wondering why is NordicTrack still in business with all the negative reviews.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

NordicTrack C1650 Treadmill. I feel somewhat cheated. I made the purchase by reading the reviews online which seemed quite positive. The mechanical part of the machine itself is actually ok. It's the extremely dated tablet and software which isn't. Their review policy is unethical and probably illegal. Lots of positives but when you purchase all becomes clear. Only positive reviews will be shown to future potential customers. Quote "All reviews are moderated and only relevant, positive reviews will be posted."

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Sales, Service, Support and returns - overall a bad experience. Recently purchased the high end NordicTrack Elliptical with iFit software. 30 day in home trial. My wife and I used the Elliptical 15 times over a week or so and 5 times the iFit software failed at some point during the workout. When you call iFit for support you can wait a very long time for a "human". Chat support is available but not effective. Call NordicTrack for software support and their "customer service" line says to hang up and go to iFit.com! Talk about no integration of support. Wow! Trying to return the Elliptical is an equally frustrating experience. Takes an enormous amount of time for NordicTrack to get a pick up scheduled - like 4 weeks. And of course you have to wait for any credits back which can take another week at least after the pickup.

Overall I rank Nordictrack excellent at taking your order and a giant F in regards to post sales support on the machines, especially the software since they take no responsibility for iFit and iFit support is close to non-existent on the phone and of little use via Chat if you can get them on Chat even in a timely manner and horrible regarding the return process in general.

Go buy from Peloton - these guys have it figured out and are a "disruptor" to the industry in general. My daughter has a Peloton bike and her experience is night and day vs mine with NordicTrack. If I decide to "repurchase" a software driven home exercise piece of equipment it will be with Peloton - they have a bike and now a treadmill. Suspect they will grow from there. Good luck.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have been using NordicTrack Skiers since they came out; so like over 40 years? Over the years I have owned quite a few and when they stopped being made BY NordicTrack, I had to scrounge around eBay for replacement parts... No prob. I learned to build it in my sleep... So now I see that they reintroduced the skier??? NOT TRUE!!! I bought one; it is supposed to be the "PRO??" Really??? It is nowhere as stable and well built as the original "low end" model sold years ago. The fit of the parts is terrible; it rattles all over the place. They removed the rear support legs and replaced them only with wheels so the unit is very UNSTABLE and actually moves backward during my workout! I hated every aspect of this thing... Like a hologram of the real deal!

So I tried to return it within the return policy... I said "try..." that is because ultimately, I GAVE UP and just threw it away!!! You cannot get "customer service" on the phone and then if you finally do, they lie, lie and then lie again. In the end I won. Amex reversed the charge when I showed them a picture of the piece of garbage IN the garbage!!! NordicTrack SUUUCCCKKKS!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Have called them several times and one time I totally forgot about a checkup with the skin Cancer Dr. So when he called to confirm I said I need to reschedule. He said no problem. Talked with him later he said he had to come back to Savannah to fix the problem for the other person he would get mine nothing. Called NordicTrack Back never a return call. Finally got them to get their service person to make an appointment. Made one to come never showed up. Never called. And mind you Sears sells you the extended service and sells it back to NordicTrack and don't bother to tell you. Never will I own anything else from them. Poor Customer service and service.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Whatever you do, do not buy from this company. In a nutshell, they do not make it easy to take delivery, if you want to cancel for any reason they will charge you 23% of the cost of the machine and then to really put the cherry on top they hold your money for 30 days. I never even took delivery and they will not give me my money back after charging me 380 dollars to return an item I never received. I believe they make their money off this scam and buyers need to be aware. They really could care less about these shady practices but if enough consumers are diligent in our efforts to inform others maybe companies like this will no longer sell their products. There is a reason why Amazon reigns supreme.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I went to their website to chat about equipment. The girl wrangled me into buying a piece of equipment, and all kinds of extras (total of $2,700), and I was actually excited, but then, days later, I started to question: "Why didn't I receive an email with a receipt?" In retrospect, I don't even know what I purchased! I didn't know if there were any hidden fees, or even the name of the credit card company!

So, I called customer service on a Monday night, and that's when things got worse. First, I got put on hold for 22 minutes only to learn that Sales had already closed - so they pawned me off on Parts, and Parts couldn't help me. I called the next day and got put on HOLD FOR ANOTHER HOUR between three different phone calls. I told the company that I no longer wanted the equipment because I never wanted to deal with its customer service ever again!

The lady said, "Fine, but we're going to charge you a $175 restocking fee." I said, "I ordered online and no one said anything about a restocking fee!!" She said, "Well, you should have checked the website!" So I asked to speak to a manager, and she lied and said he wasn't there. I asked for his name and she refused to tell me. Then, I spoke with another girl who said that my package was being delivered any day now, and that I would have to pay $175 to ship the package back!

I am going nuts at this point! Then I talk to another woman, and she said that package hasn't left the warehouse yet. LIARS! LIARS! LIARS! You cannot believe a word they say. I spoke to one nasty woman and asked for the manager's name and she hung up me! Forget that this company ever existed. It is terrible, and the liars who work there are BAD people!

NordicTrack expert review by Mark Barroso

NordicTrack has one of the best reputations in the fitness industry. It has been in business for over three decades and originally became famous for its ski machines, although today it manufactures all sorts of exercise equipment.

• Full range of console services: NordicTrack’s web-enabled touchscreen consoles allow users to browse the Internet, watch TV or play video games while exercising, making the process more fun for most people.

• Adjustable cushioning on tracks: Treadmills and other equipment come with adjustable cushioning to protect users’ feet from impact injuries while using the machines.

• Some models are meant to improve heart health: The incline trainer model offers a variety of inclines and programs to help boost heart health.

• Powerful motors: NordicTrack device motors can support high-speed workouts with the x11i Incline Trainer providing 4.25 horsepower. As an added bonus, the motors are not overly loud.

• Steeper inclines: Consumers who want a more intense workout can set their NordicTrack machines to steeper inclines than some of the competing brands. The incline trainers reach a 40 percent incline and up to a -6 percent decline.

• Best for: Consumers who want to buy a treadmill, elliptical, glider, indoor cycling cycling bike, upright/recumbent bike, rower or ski machine.

Profile picture of Mark Barroso
Mark Barroso Health and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.

NordicTrack Company Information