Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.20/5

NordicTrack has been manufacturing exercise training and home fitness equipment since 1975. Its extensive line of products includes treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, strength machines and rowers, many of which come with a one-year membership to iFit, NordicTrack’s live and interactive training program. The company includes free shipping on select models and 0% APR financing for 36 months. If you’re not satisfied with your home exercise equipment, NordicTrack accepts returns within 30 days, though it may charge a shipping and restocking fee.

BOTTOM LINE

NordicTrack offers the best of both worlds with in-home training, on-demand workouts and adjustable resistance levels. While fully loaded models are expensive, the company sells entry-level options for less than $1,000.

PROS
  • Google Maps technology
  • 10-year warranty on equipment frame
  • Live interactive training
CONS
  • Limited models with Bluetooth audio
  • High shipping costs & restocking fees

Top NordicTrack Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

My husband and I purchased the X22i last year and we love it. The IFit Trainer that comes with the purchase the first year is probably one of the main reasons we love this treadmill and use it daily. I actually look forward to getting on my treadmill every day after a long day at work. I recommend t

Im very happy with this bike. Exceeded my expectations. I was worried that it would have too much of a spin bike feel, but it rides like a road bike. With the video I can ride so much longer than my old Lifecycle. I would recommend this to any rider in the market for a bike like this. Better price t

What is NordicTrack?

NordicTrack manufactures a variety of fitness equipment that can be used in your home. Its treadmills carry more than 16,000 on-demand iFit workouts with Google Maps technology that lets you experience what it’s like to run in locations across the world. Select models come with low-impact tread, Bluetooth connectivity and self-cooling vibration systems that make exercising at home a more enjoyable experience.

The company’s bikes, ellipticals, strength equipment and rowers offer similar performance with on-demand classes, resistance training controls and AutoBreeze workout fans. Many models include a touchscreen with intuitive controls that follow your movements and adjust to every stride and target specific muscles.

NordicTrack offers a 10-year warranty on the frame of its equipment, a two-year warranty on parts and a one-year warranty on labor. Below is an overview of key features included in each:

Treadmills
    NordicTrack offers its T-Series treadmills for commercial and personal use. NordicTrack’s treadmills come with the following features:
    • 16,000+ on-demand iFit workouts
    • Live interactive training
    • Dial to control tread and maximize cushioning or simulate real road conditions
    Bikes
    NordicTrack has multiple series of exercise bicycles, including the Grand Tour Series, Recumbent Series and Upright Series. Bicycle features include:
    • On-demand classes
    • One-on-one virtual training
    • Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) for smoother movement
    Ellipticals
    NordicTrack has three different series of ellipticals: the FreeStride Trainer, the Front Drive and Rear Drive. Elliptical features include:
    • Up to 10-inch SmartHD touchscreens
    • Intuitive adjustments that follow your workout and stride
    Rowing machines
    NordicTrack offers rowers in three different series: the RW200, the RW500 and the RW900. Rower features include:
    • Dual-resistance digital and air training
    • 26 resistance levels
    • SpaceSaver design
    Strength training
    In addition to its traditional workout equipment, NordicTrack offers strength training accessories, like:
    • Utility benches
    • Dumbbells
    • Speedweights
    • Skiers

Nordictrack price

NordicTrack machines start at $799 for entry-level bikes and rowers. A premium exercise machine from NordicTrack typically costs between $1,000 to $3,000 and includes live-resistance controls, a 10-inch touchscreen and the capability to stream workouts. Pricing for NordicTrack’s bestsellers are listed below:

ModelCost
    Commercial X11i Treadmill$2,249
    Commercial S22i Studio Cycle$1,999
    RW500$999
    Fusion CST$2,299
    FS10i$2,999

NordicTrack iFit membership cost

All models include a complimentary one-year iFit membership, a $468 value. The immersive fitness experience lets you simulate exercising in unique and dazzling locations, including Moab, the Grand Canyon, Thai beaches or Tour de France stages. In addition to its virtual training, you can access the iFit coach app, which lets you get customized workout schedules, meal plans and sleep tracking.

NordicTrack FAQ

Are NordicTrack treadmills any good?
    NordicTrack is one of the most popular manufacturers of exercise equipment. Its treadmills are a favorite of many trainers.
    Which is the best NordicTrack treadmill to buy?
    The best NordicTrack treadmill for you varies based on your personal preference, needs and the amount of space available in your home.
    Is NordicTrack sold in stores?
    Yes, NordicTrack is sold in many national stores, including Dick’s Sporting Goods, Amazon and Best Buy. Product selection may vary by store.
    Where is NordicTrack located?
    NordicTrack is headquartered in Logan, Utah.

Are NordicTrack treadmills good?

Fitness enthusiasts who like to work out at home enjoy NordicTrack’s selection of exercise products. Its iFit membership makes it easy to vary your daily workout and keeps it fun with Google Maps locations and terrains. The company sells space-saving models, but be sure to consider your available space before purchasing one. Although some models are pricey, we think NordicTrack’s robust features and variety of training programs are suitable for many people.

NordicTrack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: March 20, 2021

I have had my Treadmill for more than 10 years and I use it religiously 5 times a week and always have. I never once have had a problem with it therefore I find it extremely reliable. I also can say that the price is spot on for a residential treadmill vs. a gym treadmill. The stability of the treadmill is also another reason I would buy the same brand if it comes time to need another one.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I think that this company has made huge strides in the market by simply adjusting to the time and being wise to keep their product line clean and sharp and manageable and by the same token making their product affordable and durable for people who want to workout at home. Their product is awesome and I will fill my boss with their full line.

Get buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I bought my NordicTrack treadmill about 3 months ago because I wasn’t comfortable going to my local gym anymore because of COVID. I’m so happy I got it. I use it probably 6 days a week, which is honestly more days than I went to the gym. And it’s just so much easier. I looked at a lot of cheaper models, and I decided that I really wanted one that had automatic incline, not manual. And it was such a good decision. I use it all the time. If I had to do it manually I’m sure that I wouldn’t. The treadmill has many options to make things more interesting. Like climbing hills, and a ton of things I haven’t even explored. I honestly put on my headphones and either listen to music or watch something on Netflix and just walk/jog at a good pace at a good incline for an hour and I’m happy. My son runs on it. We both love it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

The construction of this treadmill is super solid. Strangely, there are two shelves, one on each side of the monitor for your drink bottle but no cupholder...the "shelf" for putting things goes behind the monitor so it's hard to sometimes get your drink. And, even though there is enough room to place a water bottle, I would much prefer an actual cupholder so my clumsy self doesn't knock it over while I am running. The instructions say to power off after every use, but the power button is in an awkward location and hard to get to, it's on the bottom front near the floor. If I am supposed to turn it off after every use, why not put the button in a higher, more convenient location? Also, every time I power off I am logged out of iFit, so I have to log on and remember my password every single time. I still give it 4 stars because the quality of the motor and belt seem like they will last for a long time.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Excellent workout and Quality-Built Rower. I tried to order from NordicTrack but they don't do installation, so I went with BestBuy. After waiting for more than a month due to Pandemic SIP, I finally got it. The installation and set up took less than 30 min. The machine is well-built, the iFit trainers are world-class athletics, the monitor is bigger than I expected. It is a quality machine, quiet, easy to use and fun! I can now rowing around the world from home! I recommend to everyone.

Original review: April 10, 2021

If all you're going to do is throw clothes on it, the Nordictracks look good. If you're actually going to run on it and plan on running on it for years, Nordictrack is the wrong treadmill. If you are going to keep it in the garage, the Nordictrack warranty may be useless on day one. The manual says not to keep it in the garage, and my experience is they may still fix it, but maybe not.

I bought mine 2.5 years ago. The iFit software was glitchy from day one - sometimes it was great and entertaining, other times it was crap. Also, be prepared for it losing connection, giving you a blank screen, and sometimes tieing itself up for hours with a software download - which really stinks when you have a narrow window to get a run in. But none of those things were showstoppers for me. Just after two years, my treadmill deck cracked. Only getting two years out of a deck indicates terrible quality. When I called, they asked if it was in a garage, and I said yes. After a few runarounds, they eventually sent me a replacement deck, and I installed it.

As my regular warranty was expiring, they offered an extended warranty. Since I realized the treadmill was garbage, I thought it was prudent to buy the warranty, which covered it for 4 years. The cost of 2 more decks alone would be more than the warranty, and it also included labor. Two months later and the control board is fried - garbage. I call them back, and now they are saying my warranty is void because the treadmill is in the garage, which they knew when they sold me the warranty. This is what you get with Nordictrack - a lousy product and even worse customer service.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I purchased a Elliptical FS10i and set delivery. Day of delivery (6pm -10pm) the delivery company never showed, no text, email or call with an update. I contacted Nordictrack tracking department and they could not help, told me I had to call delivery company and they gave me the number. After several calls to NCS Delivery (company used by Nordictrack), waiting on hold once for 30 minutes then disconnected, other calls to the company immediately dropped I called Nordictrack back for help. Rep stated they would message company and request they call me back but Nordictrack would not call or get involved. Wonderful, the delivery company called and put him on hold to try to figure out what happened and to see where my delivery was. This phone call was "disconnected" and again I tried calling the delivery company back and their message stated "technical difficulties and couldn't take calls at this time".

I called Nordictrack back and asked for help. Nothing they can do as they cannot call the delivery company, I just need to wait. I asked to speak to a supervisor several times and was told "nothing they can do" and the rep would not transfer me. Bottom line, Nordictrack will take your money but could care less afterwards, customers are on their own. I still have no idea when I will receive my delivery and the 3rd party delivery company Nordictrack hired has not reached back out with any information.

I should have realized Nordictrack's customer service is non existent right away. Days after I ordered I noticed the price of purchase $2800ish and a second charge of $398 on my credit card statement. Called Nordictrack and no one could tell me what the additional $397 charge was for. After several attempts (Felt like hours) I was finally able to speak to a supervisor. He stated my first charge was 1 cent (yes 1 penny) short so their system charged the $398.00 to ensure funds available. They would remove charge later once the $0.01 was processed. I never could find out why such a large amount for a penny. Customer Service could care less said it was just a hold, but in the meantime they were holding $397.99 out of my account. It took 2 weeks for this charge to reverse. Everyone I've dealt with at Nordictrack has had a "too bad" attitude. I cannot rate the FS10i yet but the aggravation beforehand is not worth the purchase.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Great product, multiple inclines make it the workout you want with a digital info unit. Very reliable and great quality that never lets you down. Tried other brands of treadmills and NordicTrack by far a head and shoulders above the others.

NordicTrack response

Thank you for your review Anita.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are happy you are enjoying your machine and the customization with the incline.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Thanks! -ICON Health & Fitness

Original review: April 1, 2021

After purchasing the NordicTrack Treadmill with no interest financing via TD BANK, I decided to pay the off the full balance a month after the purchase. On March 20, 2020, I paid off the balance. However, after almost 2 weeks of the funds not being drafted out of my checking account, I contacted customer service to see what was the hold up. After a couple of phone calls later, on March 29, I finally seen that the funds were not processed and I was charged 25.00 NSF. I called to complain to customer service and they said I put in the WRONG BANK INFORMATION on the website. If that was the case I should have received a RED FLAG or WARNING stating the bank information was not correct! Instead I received a confirmation number and an email stating "Your account was paid in full with a 0.00 balance." It seems as if this is a tactic that has been used on customers before to charge a few extra dollars to a major corporation.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Second worst experience of my life, the first one was the bank that they give you the 0% financing. They transfer you from one apartment to another until you give up. It’s awful no one most respond to you with a truthful answer. It is not my job. It is somebody else’s job. You need to talk to them. This was the answer I got over and over. Fat chance on them honoring any of their warranty or return policies. I tried to return the item and they made an agreement with me they would give it to me for a much cheaper price. I agreed to the terms however they never credited the bank that financed me.

After being on hold for over five hours they told me someone would call me back. To this day no supervisor or manager has ever returned my call. No one has ever resolved my issues, nor do they care to. I’m stuck with a $3500 piece of equipment that I can’t get fixed if it breaks and I can’t get through to technical service if I have an issue with it. If you are considering Trying it for 90 days and don’t like it, it’ll cost you nearly half of what you paid to return it. After you return it you’ll have to fight rigorously to get your other half. I cannot believe a company was such strong standings would treat a customer so poorly. You’ve been warned. Don’t do it. Go to Walmart and get yourself a cheap one. It’s easier to return and if it breaks it’s cheap enough to buy a new one.

NordicTrack Company Information