Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.19/5

NordicTrack has been manufacturing exercise training and home fitness equipment since 1975. Its extensive line of products includes treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, strength machines and rowers, many of which come with a one-year membership to iFit, NordicTrack’s live and interactive training program. The company includes free shipping on select models and 0% APR financing for 36 months. If you’re not satisfied with your home exercise equipment, NordicTrack accepts returns within 30 days, though it may charge a shipping and restocking fee.

NordicTrack Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

NordicTrack offers the best of both worlds with in-home training, on-demand workouts and adjustable resistance levels. While fully loaded models are expensive, the company sells entry-level options for less than $1,000.

PROS

• Google Maps technology
  • 10-year warranty on equipment frame
  • Live interactive training

CONS

• Limited models with Bluetooth audio
  • High shipping costs & restocking fees

Top NordicTrack Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

My husband and I purchased the X22i last year and we love it. The IFit Trainer that comes with the purchase the first year is probably one of the main reasons we love this treadmill and use it daily. I actually look forward to getting on my treadmill every day after a long day at work. I recommend t

Im very happy with this bike. Exceeded my expectations. I was worried that it would have too much of a spin bike feel, but it rides like a road bike. With the video I can ride so much longer than my old Lifecycle. I would recommend this to any rider in the market for a bike like this. Better price t

What is NordicTrack?

NordicTrack manufactures a variety of fitness equipment that can be used in your home. Its treadmills carry more than 16,000 on-demand iFit workouts with Google Maps technology that lets you experience what it’s like to run in locations across the world. Select models come with low-impact tread, Bluetooth connectivity and self-cooling vibration systems that make exercising at home a more enjoyable experience.

The company’s bikes, ellipticals, strength equipment and rowers offer similar performance with on-demand classes, resistance training controls and AutoBreeze workout fans. Many models include a touchscreen with intuitive controls that follow your movements and adjust to every stride and target specific muscles.

NordicTrack offers a 10-year warranty on the frame of its equipment, a two-year warranty on parts and a one-year warranty on labor. Below is an overview of key features included in each:

Treadmills
NordicTrack offers its T-Series treadmills for commercial and personal use. NordicTrack’s treadmills come with the following features:
  • 16,000+ on-demand iFit workouts
  • Live interactive training
  • Dial to control tread and maximize cushioning or simulate real road conditions
Bikes
NordicTrack has multiple series of exercise bicycles, including the Grand Tour Series, Recumbent Series and Upright Series. Bicycle features include:
  • On-demand classes
  • One-on-one virtual training
  • Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) for smoother movement
Ellipticals
NordicTrack has three different series of ellipticals: the FreeStride Trainer, the Front Drive and Rear Drive. Elliptical features include:
  • Up to 10-inch SmartHD touchscreens
  • Intuitive adjustments that follow your workout and stride
Rowing machines
NordicTrack offers rowers in three different series: the RW200, the RW500 and the RW900. Rower features include:
  • Dual-resistance digital and air training
  • 26 resistance levels
  • SpaceSaver design
Strength training
In addition to its traditional workout equipment, NordicTrack offers strength training accessories, like:
  • Utility benches
  • Dumbbells
  • Speedweights
  • Skiers

Nordictrack price

NordicTrack machines start at $799 for entry-level bikes and rowers. A premium exercise machine from NordicTrack typically costs between $1,000 to $3,000 and includes live-resistance controls, a 10-inch touchscreen and the capability to stream workouts. Pricing for NordicTrack’s bestsellers are listed below:

ModelCost
Commercial X11i Treadmill$2,249
Commercial S22i Studio Cycle$1,999
RW500$999
Fusion CST$2,299
FS10i$2,999

NordicTrack iFit membership cost

All models include a complimentary one-year iFit membership, a $468 value. The immersive fitness experience lets you simulate exercising in unique and dazzling locations, including Moab, the Grand Canyon, Thai beaches or Tour de France stages. In addition to its virtual training, you can access the iFit coach app, which lets you get customized workout schedules, meal plans and sleep tracking.

NordicTrack FAQ

Are NordicTrack treadmills any good?
NordicTrack is one of the most popular manufacturers of exercise equipment. Its treadmills are a favorite of many trainers.
Which is the best NordicTrack treadmill to buy?
The best NordicTrack treadmill for you varies based on your personal preference, needs and the amount of space available in your home.
Is NordicTrack sold in stores?
Yes, NordicTrack is sold in many national stores, including Dick’s Sporting Goods, Amazon and Best Buy. Product selection may vary by store.
Where is NordicTrack located?
NordicTrack is headquartered in Logan, Utah.

Are NordicTrack treadmills good?

Fitness enthusiasts who like to work out at home enjoy NordicTrack’s selection of exercise products. Its iFit membership makes it easy to vary your daily workout and keeps it fun with Google Maps locations and terrains. The company sells space-saving models, but be sure to consider your available space before purchasing one. Although some models are pricey, we think NordicTrack’s robust features and variety of training programs are suitable for many people.

NordicTrack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Without the iFit, I’d just ditch my NordicTrack treadmill in the garbage even though it’s amazing. The iFit makes it, otherwise, it’s just another really nice looking treadmill. The workout variety is fantastic. And I’ve noticed that they’re adding more walking ones, which is critically important because people like me who are handicapped can’t run and climb giant mountains all the time. Even if it’s a running one, you could just physically walk, which I love. I hope they keep adding other ones that are more kind of walking and gentle hikes. But it’s great.

Purchasing and ordering from NordicTrack was great and easy. The only feedback I’d give to them and to the people as well from ICON is on the app that they use on the website that you use to chat. It does like a pop-up thing to chat on. And on my iPhone, if I accidentally rotated my phone, the chat part that popped up where you talk back and forth would shrink super small and there was no way to resize it again. I talked for like 20 minutes to the guy, and then all of a sudden, I couldn’t see the screen. And so, I had to disconnect and reconnect and talk to somebody else. The app experience wasn’t great, but the product experience has been great.

The machine is very smooth. I like the controls. I feel it’s very disabled-friendly, at least for me, and the screen itself is beautiful. It would be nice if there was a little bit more control over the brightness of the back screen on the screen only because I live in Florida and so it’s bright, and what’ll happen is it’ll wash out the screen itself, so I wouldn’t be able to see it very well. I had to put up blackouts on my window so that I could see it clearly all the time.

One of the cool features that I accidentally found out was let's say you’re on 2 and you wanna go to 2.5, they do have one button that goes up .1 at a time, but I didn’t know it did. If you press 2 and then 5, it just goes to 2, 5, which was really nifty, versus having to hit, go up 1,1,1,1,1. So, that was a neat feature but the documentation wasn’t very good on that.

Another thing is they could put buttons on the model I have at least. Mine comes with the ski handles. I can’t do it myself, but it comes with the ability to kind of cross-country ski. What would be amazing is if they put controls kinda like you do in your car when you reach behind the steering wheel there and you push the little button to change the radio station. Because if you’re doing a certain walk, a hike or the skiing, and you’re in the middle of doing that, it’s hard to let go and reach down to push the buttons that are literally 2 feet below where your hands are and continue your workout. So, if they were able to put some buttons up there that you could just be like, “Okay, go faster, go slower, lower the incline,” so you don’t have to interrupt your workout, that would make it that much better.

I’ve told people about NordicTrack. Unfortunately, because it is expensive, it is a commercial model, I don’t have a lot of friends who can afford. But I tell everybody, “If you can, save up and buy one.” I send people pictures and the videos while I’m on it. The unit itself is the best investment I’ve made for my health and my disabled abilities in my life. And I use it a lot after my surgeries. It’s a great machine. In summary, the purchase, the delivery and setup were very simple and streamlined. The product capabilities surpass anything else I’ve seen on the market, which is why I chose that product. For somebody who is looking for high-end fitness capabilities or for somebody, who like myself, needs help after years of surgeries on and off, it’s the perfect machine to facilitate those points in your life.

Get buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I purchased a NordicTrack in July and the iFit membership came with it. I’ve got two machines here. It’s good. I’m very active on the Facebook official iFit member page and there’s a lot of improvements that Icon Fitness could make to the consoles quite easily and continue to drag their feet on that, like a searchable feature. When I schedule workouts, it’s very challenging to go into the machine, and/or go onto the website. If you schedule a series, like a series of 12, and it’s part 1, part 2, part 3, the digits on the console are only so many long, and the digits on the website are only so long. So, if you skip a day and need to make up for it, you can’t see which one to put on. There’s a lot of frustrating things that they could really make some improvements on, but I do love iFit.

The delivery was a disappointment in that two machines that I ordered, both machines arrived damaged. There was a lack of communication between NordicTrack, the one that hauled it and the local delivery carrier. And I ended up having to take the reins and get it all fixed. And so, they had to reship. I did not get shipping confirmation. I basically had to trace down the machines. And if it weren’t for the kindness of the local delivery company, that probably would have been a really bad experience. And then, the guys they sent to do the white glove service had never put a machine together before. They almost ripped up my walls and they almost dropped it going up the stairs.

I had to go get the equipment, tie-downs to hold the treadmill together, so it didn't fly and hit my wall again. So, I had to go to my garage and go find tie-downs to get them. And then, they left. They took all the boxes and the key to the treadmill, so I couldn't use my treadmill. It wouldn’t work for safety reasons without the key. I called up the delivery company. They said they searched the box, they couldn’t find it, so they blamed it on iFit that it wasn’t included in the packaging. So, I had to call iFit. I was on hold for an hour and they finally said, “Let’s send you a new one.” I asked if they can expedite it since I can’t use my machine. They said sure. So, they gave it five to seven days shipment instead of 10-day ground.

My experience could’ve been better. I didn't get to use my machine for two more weeks and I felt I had two weeks of iFit free that got wasted because I couldn't turn the machine on. It would be fantastic if they could just send an email to their user any time a new series is published with a link to it because right now, I’m relying on Facebook to find out when a new series is created. To me, I shouldn’t have to rely on another user. It would be great if NordicTrack or Icon Fitness would just send their user the link every time a new series is published, and then you can just click on the link and schedule it on your machine right there instead of relying on social media for that. That would be fantastic if they could make the console searchable because right now, you just have to scroll, scroll, scroll, and just tons of text.

I wish they can make the console searchable where you can actually go search for the keyword, “Australia,” or search for a walking series, or search for a certain trainer. Right now, I rely on social media. I have posts saved to Facebook and I look at them, and I click on that person’s link that they graciously included to schedule my workouts. They're competing with Peloton and Peloton has them beat on this whole customer service and user-friendliness. If they can do that, they can beat Peloton. And they don't have the best hours in the wait times to get to the humans. With NordicTrack or Icon, it’s tremendously long and there’s a frustration level with all their users. They don't work on weekends. They're on mountain time, but they don't realize that a lot of their users don’t live on mountain time. So, there’s just a lot of improvements that could be made from a customer service standpoint.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I like the NordicTrack treadmill. I wish the iFit program is a little bit more user-friendly, though. I wish it's a little bit more like the Peloton app. With that app, it’s my understanding that it’s got strength training workouts on it and then you can take that to the gym. Whereas, with the iFit program, it’s just on the treadmill. So, even when you’re in the middle of a run or a walk and they do lunges and stuff, even to get off the treadmill, I can’t see. I can’t follow along. So, I wish that was different. But as far as the programs while you’re using the treadmill, they're fine.

The purchasing process went fine, but I had an issue with delivery. I bought it after the 4th of July, so it was not a holiday. And they said it’d be delivered in two or three weeks, and mine was double the amount of time. I kinda live in the middle of nowhere, so I was okay with that. I did not pay for setup, but when it was delivered, the guys that delivered it did not speak English, which again was fine. But they had a rental truck, and they dropped it out of the back of the rental truck and dragged it along the streets up into the driveway. The box was mangled, and there were pieces broken on the treadmill. I would not have accepted delivery of it but I could not communicate with them to tell them that it was unacceptable.

I’ve started putting it together and there was a couple of plastic pieces that were broken, and I thought that’s not a big deal. But one of the main metal parts of the treadmill was bent, and that did not happen in the delivery process. That was a fault of wherever it came from because that was metal and it was in where the TV screen is. When I called NordicTrack, it was gonna be another four weeks for that piece to get delivered because it was out of stock. So, by that time, I had kinda had it. I didn’t even want it anymore. After a lot of back and forth, they agreed to send me a new one, and then they had someone come and pick it up, but I still had to pay for setup. They split the setup fee with me. The guy they sent to pick up my treadmill came by himself. I and my son had to help him get it out of the house. So, it was kind of a process from beginning to end. I was not very happy with that.

Everybody I dealt with at NordicTrack was very helpful. It’s just that the last person that we talked with was not quite as helpful. And by that time, I was frustrated, my husband was frustrated, and so we were not the nicest customers to deal with at that point. I tried to stay polite and positive with people. I don’t like to be a bearcat right off the bat but we probably were. And so, the representative was probably pretty demented with us as well.

I was happy that they took the old treadmill and gave us a new one. I was relieved about that, and the next people who delivered it were super good, friendly and helpful. They made sure it worked. The first delivery company was awful. I’ve dealt with the same company both times. I could never get a hold of them by email or by phone. And every time that they would call me, they would only come to my area one day a week. I would recommend highly that NordicTrack use a different delivery company out here in the Midwest. Those guys are horrible.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

The first year iFit membership with NordicTrack came for free. I probably won’t renew the iFit, though. I tried it a couple times, and I don't need to work out with a team. I’d rather just use my iPhone. I have a little Fire tablet, and I just watch HDTV or TV. It keeps me more entertained. Also the purchase process with NordicTrack was kind of a nightmare. It should have been very, very straightforward. I had two product that came that were broken. Apparently that's somewhat unusual to have one. But to have two, and to have to go through a third one was nuts. The salesman couldn't have been nicer. I was broken and the delivery guy was like, “Oh, man, please don’t get mad at us.” I’m like, “Well, you didn't drop it. You didn't do it.”

And then, the process in getting a second one was somewhat easy, but it was becoming more difficult. And then, when the second one came broken, the guys at the warehouse told their boss, “We can’t take this out to her. The forklift went right into the box. It’s supposed to go into the pallet.” “Oh, it’ll be fine.” So, they brought it out and they said, “Ma’am, we’re gonna tell you right now. We think it’s broken.” “Yeah, the forklift went out of the box, and it went in right into the main mechanism of the NordicTrack.”

I called NordicTrack because it was a holiday weekend, and I didn't wanna wait until Tuesday to get the whole process going again. So, I called NordicTrack, made a brand-new purchase and then I called American Express and disputed the charge. For some reason I had a feeling NordicTrack was gonna be a pain in the rear end, which they were. It took two months to get the first and second purchase off my credit card. I wrote a four-page letter to them, emailed them and texted them. I went to American Express and they escalated the matter to a supervisor. He then personally escalated it and contacted NordicTrack herself and went through all the details. It was extraordinarily frustrating. I love the machine. But the company was horrible to deal with.

I have had a bad lower back. I’m a runner, but I’m not allowed to run anymore because I’m not allowed to have the impact on my lower spine. I’m not supposed to use an elliptical or a treadmill because I can’t have any impact. This NordicTrack is a FreeStride, and it has a gait of 32 inches, which allows one to actually use it like it’s a treadmill. It can also be an elliptical or a stair stepper. It’s the only one on the market I could find that was a treadmill without the impact. And besides that, it’s a reputable name, and I had assumed quality product because it was expensive. But I bought it because I could use it as a treadmill, and it’s fantastic.

The machine is wonderful. I use it every day. It’s really easy to use. Running on a treadmill is extraordinarily boring. It’s like, “Am I done yet? Oh no, only 10 seconds have probably gone by. Am I done yet? Now 30 seconds have gone by.” But with my NordicTrack I could just put a tablet on it, and watch HDTV, Hometown, or a cooking channel, or anything. It’s a great piece of machinery. It’s good workout. I’m completely satisfied with the machine. I would recommend the NordicTrack machine. Overall, because I love the machine I would go through the same crap all over again to have the same machine.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I had an exercise machine before but I've always enjoyed using an elliptical at the gym. That was my favorite cardio machine to use. I went from the treadmill and then started using the elliptical and I decided that's what I wanna do because it's a lot less impacting with the joints and all that. So I wanted to buy one of my own that's built like this one and it has really worked out well because I'm on it about every day.

The price and the financing that was offered the time I bought my NordicTrack equipment were key points that I decided to go and buy it. I could buy with no interest for 36 months and had it paid for and got a good price on it, too. I chose the 12.9 Commercial Elliptical and it has the iFit screen with it. I also got a one-year free membership with the purchase and through my finance and I got two additional years. So, I got three years total with no financing on the membership with iFit also.

I love the machine. I could virtually go somewhere different every day, Hawaii or the mountains or anywhere. And it's built pretty well. It has a built-in fan and with the iFit, I can keep up with my heart. It came with a heart rate monitor belt that I put around my chest so I can monitor my heart rate. If I'm doing it for cardio or fat burn, I know where my heart rate needs to be. And with the iFit, it's automatic. When the trainer is going up the mountain, you're inclined and resistance goes up as well and different incline percentages and all that. That's a pretty neat feature.

It's no problem to have a workout feature work-of-the-day on the screen. If I don't do that, I go to the browser library and pick out something. A few weeks ago, iFit sent me the 12th program, going through India with the trainer. She was very, very informative and she talks about new things going on in India. Also, the workouts were good and she kept me kinda involved with what was going on there. I really enjoyed that series.

I did have a little issue with the delivery. It was supposed to have been delivered in two weeks and I could track it online, where it was and everything and it got lost somewhere. I contacted the customer service and at some point in time, they reordered me one. Then, lo and behold, my first one came in and so they had to send the second one back. But through all my problems, they gave me a 10% off my price, which they actually put like $140 towards my account to make up for the problem with my delivery.

If you're committed to exercising and taking care of your body, I would advise anybody to take NordicTrack because it's right there in your house. It's not like you gotta go somewhere to do it. It's very convenient and the machine's built well. The price especially, because I looked at several different companies and they were the best. It's been well worth the investment. And that's what I consider an investment, not a purchase. I'm glad I did it and wish I did it a long time ago.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I purchased my NordicTrack treadmill 13 months ago. Within 6 months a belt broke, which took 4 weeks to repair. Seven months has gone by and now the controller broke. Once again it is going to take 5-6 weeks to fix. In both instances NordicTrack diagnosed the problem over the phone. When the tech came out to fix the treadmill, he informed me that they ordered the wrong part, which caused another 2 week delay in getting it fixed. Again the same problem happened, wrong diagnosis, delay in ordering correct part. For this treadmill to have 2 major breakdowns in 13 months shows it is a complete piece of junk.

For added info, I walk on it 5 days a week at a 4.0 speed and 1.5 incline. I asked if they would overnight the correct part and their firm answer was NO. When I asked them to call the technician to see what part to order, they said NO, they only contact via messenger. I called the tech company and within 60 seconds they said they'd reach out to NordicTrack with the correct info. NordicTrack does not know how to treat their customers. They don't care if you have an issue, they'll do nothing to make the customer service process go smoother, faster or offer something like overnight delivery of a part (when they screw up). Find another manufacturer...DO NOT buy a NordicTrack.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I ordered my treadmill over 2 months ago, it still has not arrived. I called the delivery company and they cannot locate it. I have tried calling Nordic Track on many different occasions, every time I'm transferred and put on hold for over an hour with no one picking up. I would not recommend them. Customer service is absolutely horrible.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I bought the NordicTrack spin bike, only to find that it stopped working after 2 weeks of use. Ordered parts for the repair, but after 3 weeks, the parts were still not available, so I asked to return the bike. I had to pay for the return delivery, but they did say that up front. When it came time to set up the pickup of the bike, they are refusing to come inside the house to pick up the bike. They had no problem coming inside my house when they delivered the bike, all during the Covid 19 pandemic. There was not set up, they just dropped off the bike in the box. Likewise, to pick it up, they just need to grab it and take it out.

At the moment, I've paid them $200 to pick up the bike, yet they are refusing to do so, unless I can get the bike outside. It's a 150lb bike, it's not like I can move it by myself. This is ridiculous...If we all just wear masks, it would take all of 2 minutes to pick up the bike and get it out of the house. This is terrible customer service and I regret ever buying this bike. DO NOT waste your money on this bike...Peloton is the way to go!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I had purchased the "threshold" delivery service and, I get it, but it's still aggravating that the delivery mechanism does not allow for delivery to an outside back door. It's not at all worth the extra 200 to have it delivered to my front porch vs the three stairs away that are my sidewalk. That being as it may, there was no method of contact to reach a human other than email or text. I have left more than one message for this company customer service and not one response.

The site states deliver withing 10 days. WELL not so much 6 weeks later it is sitting in my foyer vs the back door. Still do not have the mat to begin to set up. That should have been at my home the day the treadmill left the warehouse. So it will sit there until the mat arrives or I sent the whole lot back. Still debating on that as they still haven't had the courtesy to reply to any emails or texts. One exception to my complaint about folks there is the sales department. They of course are ready to sell.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Once you order a product and you give them your credit card number you can no longer get in touch with this company by phone. They put you on hold for an hour or more and never answer, by email before you finish your email the site says time has expired and you can’t send it. They send you an email early on showing the cost of the product tax and shipping cost. They estimated a delivery date of July 6 and when it did not arrive I could not contact the company. After disputing the charge for a month with the credit card company with no contact from the company all of a sudden they called to make an appointment for delivery.

NordicTrack Company Information