3.7/5 (2389 ratings)

About NordicTrack

NordicTrack has been manufacturing exercise training and home fitness equipment since 1975. Its extensive line of products includes treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, strength machines and rowers, many of which come with a one-year membership to iFit, NordicTrack’s live and interactive training program. The company includes free shipping on select models and 0% APR financing for 36 months. If you’re not satisfied with your home exercise equipment, NordicTrack accepts returns within 30 days, though it may charge a shipping and restocking fee.

Pros

• Google Maps technology
  • 10-year warranty on equipment frame
  • Live interactive training

Cons

• Limited models with Bluetooth audio
  • High shipping costs & restocking fees

Bottom Line

NordicTrack offers the best of both worlds with in-home training, on-demand workouts and adjustable resistance levels. While fully loaded models are expensive, the company sells entry-level options for less than $1,000.

Top NordicTrack Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

My husband and I purchased the X22i last year and we love it. The IFit Trainer that comes with the purchase the first year is probably one of the main reasons we love this treadmi...

Verified

Im very happy with this bike. Exceeded my expectations. I was worried that it would have too much of a spin bike feel, but it rides like a road bike. With the video I can ride so ...

What is NordicTrack?

NordicTrack manufactures a variety of fitness equipment that can be used in your home. Its treadmills carry more than 16,000 on-demand iFit workouts with Google Maps technology that lets you experience what it’s like to run in locations across the world. Select models come with low-impact tread, Bluetooth connectivity and self-cooling vibration systems that make exercising at home a more enjoyable experience.

The company’s bikes, ellipticals, strength equipment and rowers offer similar performance with on-demand classes, resistance training controls and AutoBreeze workout fans. Many models include a touchscreen with intuitive controls that follow your movements and adjust to every stride and target specific muscles.

NordicTrack offers a 10-year warranty on the frame of its equipment, a two-year warranty on parts and a one-year warranty on labor. Below is an overview of key features included in each:

Treadmills
NordicTrack offers its T-Series treadmills for commercial and personal use. NordicTrack’s treadmills come with the following features:
  • 16,000+ on-demand iFit workouts
  • Live interactive training
  • Dial to control tread and maximize cushioning or simulate real road conditions
Bikes
NordicTrack has multiple series of exercise bicycles, including the Grand Tour Series, Recumbent Series and Upright Series. Bicycle features include:
  • On-demand classes
  • One-on-one virtual training
  • Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) for smoother movement
Ellipticals
NordicTrack has three different series of ellipticals: the FreeStride Trainer, the Front Drive and Rear Drive. Elliptical features include:
  • Up to 10-inch SmartHD touchscreens
  • Intuitive adjustments that follow your workout and stride
Rowing machines
NordicTrack offers rowers in three different series: the RW200, the RW500 and the RW900. Rower features include:
  • Dual-resistance digital and air training
  • 26 resistance levels
  • SpaceSaver design
Strength training
In addition to its traditional workout equipment, NordicTrack offers strength training accessories, like:
  • Utility benches
  • Dumbbells
  • Speedweights
  • Skiers

Nordictrack price

NordicTrack machines start at $799 for entry-level bikes and rowers. A premium exercise machine from NordicTrack typically costs between $1,000 to $3,000 and includes live-resistance controls, a 10-inch touchscreen and the capability to stream workouts. Pricing for NordicTrack’s bestsellers are listed below:

ModelCost
Commercial X11i Treadmill$2,249
Commercial S22i Studio Cycle$1,999
RW500$999
Fusion CST$2,299
FS10i$2,999

NordicTrack iFit membership cost

All models include a complimentary one-year iFit membership, a $468 value. The immersive fitness experience lets you simulate exercising in unique and dazzling locations, including Moab, the Grand Canyon, Thai beaches or Tour de France stages. In addition to its virtual training, you can access the iFit coach app, which lets you get customized workout schedules, meal plans and sleep tracking.

NordicTrack FAQ

Are NordicTrack treadmills any good?
NordicTrack is one of the most popular manufacturers of exercise equipment. Its treadmills are a favorite of many trainers.
Which is the best NordicTrack treadmill to buy?
The best NordicTrack treadmill for you varies based on your personal preference, needs and the amount of space available in your home.
Is NordicTrack sold in stores?
Yes, NordicTrack is sold in many national stores, including Dick’s Sporting Goods, Amazon and Best Buy. Product selection may vary by store.
Where is NordicTrack located?
NordicTrack is headquartered in Logan, Utah.

Are NordicTrack treadmills good?

Fitness enthusiasts who like to work out at home enjoy NordicTrack’s selection of exercise products. Its iFit membership makes it easy to vary your daily workout and keeps it fun with Google Maps locations and terrains. The company sells space-saving models, but be sure to consider your available space before purchasing one. Although some models are pricey, we think NordicTrack’s robust features and variety of training programs are suitable for many people.

NordicTrack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I purchased this very expensive NordicTrack S15i in 2020. (It was $2,500 back then.) It worked for a year. Then I did not use it for 6 months. When I powered it up after a 6 month break, it was dead. Dark screen. No longer worked. I had not moved it. Had not touched it. It had not even been plugged in for 6 months. But it was dead. I called NordicTrack, who informed me that it was out of warranty and I would need to spend $700 to get a new console. Since I had not moved, powered, or really even touched the thing between the time it last worked and the time it was dead, I can only assume that there is some kind of self destruct in the unit that blows it up the minute the warranty expires. I will never purchase another product from NordicTrack ever again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

My son bought me a NordicTrack rower RW700 with a year's subscription of IFit for my 73rd birthday. It was delivered and setup for me by the guys who delivered it on 9/23/22. Within 2 weeks the seat fell off twice and had to be fixed by my son and now the pull strap has come out and will no longer retract so the machine is no longer usable. I called the customer service but was put on hold and never got to talk to anyone.

When I finally spoke to them I explained that it is a new machine and that it is no longer functional they advised me that the warranty had expired and that I had to fix it myself even though it is only a month old. I was told to watch a youtube video on how to repair to machine myself but it is too heavy for me and I don't have any of the tools required to fix it. I explained that I would not be able to fix it myself and that I needed a technician to come out and was told that I would have to pay for the service call. I have not heard anything from them regarding when the technician would be out and when I emailed them they give no response which worries me because I'm not sure what to do with the machine if I can't get it fixed. I am so disappointed in NordicTrack and that my son paid so much to get it for me.

Get buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

NordicTrack is the worst! I spent more than I care to admit on what was marketed as a "commercial" grade treadmill. I felt I was overpaying, but after all, I was getting a NordicTrack, which I (mistakenly) thought meant I would be getting a high-quality unit with top-notch support. Neither turned out to be true. I bought the treadmill and I even (over)paid for a NordicTrack extended warranty. After a year, the fan on my unit would not turn off. After multiple ignored emails sent to NordicTrack support and then hours on hold with NordicTrack to speak to a live person, I was forced to deal with the ridiculous request that I send a video of the issue to the tech support person while they were on the phone, which I did.

The issue is an electronics issue, not a mechanical issue, as the fan never turns off. Nonetheless, the tech support person said they needed to send me a fan, which has zero electronics and is just two wires and a fan to swap out first. It took a MONTH to get the part. I then called them back, and they asked me to repair it myself! I told them I could not.

After much debate, they said they would dispatch an independent repair person (that's right, they have no repair people on staff). It took another 3 weeks for me to get a call from this third-party repair person. He came, and he was nice enough but told me the same thing I thought from the get go. No way it's the fan, it's a motherboard issue. He, too was forced to swap out the part and do some ridiculous video stream with NordicTrack. Even after he let them know that the fan didn't fix it, I didn't hear anything from NordicTrack for two weeks. I had to call them again to prompt them to move the repair. It has now been three months, and NordicTrack still hasn't had this simple repair taken care of. They are the worst. Buy a Peloton or anything else. Never NordicTrack for me again!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Our old elliptical bit the dust and we upgraded to the flashy Nordictrack FS14i with iFIT programming. The machine’s footpads allow for your foot to slip off the back, and it is difficult to get on and off the machine. It seems designed only for someone at least 6 ft tall. Very easy to accidentally start going the opposite direction that you intend to. The videos are slow to load, annoying to get started, and there is stutter-stop every 4-5 sec. (All other WiFi loads and runs fine in the same location in our house.) The video controls are obscure — for example, only a tiny little button on a secondary screen to turn auto control off and on. Save your money, buy a cheaper machine, and get an easy non-nonsense Apple Fitness+ subscription.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Backstory. I purchased a Proform treadmill from Sears in 2004, which finally died earlier this year. So, I immediately purchased a new and more sophisticated treadmill from NordicTrack. It didn't take long for the new machine to start sounding like an old machine. Remember, I said earlier this year. I immediately reached out to customer service. I was transferred to the vendor who holds the warranty. I made several attempts to resolve the issue. However, I found myself being placed on hold multiple times for extended periods of times (45 minutes to 70 minutes).

I finally spoke with someone who requested that I send proof of ownership, a video and 3 pictures from different angles. I did that 7 days ago, and I've heard nothing. I truly feel that Nordic Track wants me to give up. But I'm not. I paid good money for this equipment with the expectation of it lasting me just as long as the Proform did. Due to the lack of response, I would not recommend purchasing any equipment based on this brand from any vendor.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Software issues that took an hour to fix. Hardware issue that took 2+ weeks to fix including an hour plus of my own time to replace the entire motherboard. Fan still broken and email correspondence ignored. All within the first year. Every time you call for customer service your wait time is one-hour plus. I was promised an extension to my warranty which was never granted. I of course get a message to extend my warranty for $xx extra and I reply that I’d actually like to get the time I was promised first and pursue my warranty for all the faulty issues. That message was ignored conveniently and now my warranty ends in 2 days. Worst customer service. Terrible product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Do not buy NordicTrack!! I have had hell since I bought one. The first bike's pedal cranks broke on me and they couldn't get anyone to service my bike. A year later replaced my bike and then when it broke in less than a year told me my warranty was out. (Didn't even have it a year and proved it to them!!) And also ignored my 3 year warranty I purchased beforehand because was told it would transfer if I purchased it now!! I wasted my money and time with these crooks!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

We have been satisfied with the functionality of our Commercial 14.9 Elliptical, but the frame has started heavily rusting after just over a year of light use. We have kept the machine in a temperature-controlled, dry area throughout. Called NordicTrack, as there is a "10 year frame warranty," and I was informed that rust is not covered by the warranty. So we have a very expensive piece of nearly new equipment rusting away, and the company will not remedy the situation in any way.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

We ordered a treadmill. Delivery/setup was fine. The iFit programs DO NOT work. I have been in touch with their support team 10+ times over the last 4 months and they refuse to call the system defective but rather have me repeat the same 'fixes' over and over again. Eventually sent a technician out. That did no good. Still doesn't work, and they still refuse to be helpful in initiating a return or exchange. Or I could return it by paying them, which is asinine.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

NOT EVER PURCHASE NORDICTRACK…DO NOT EVER PURCHASE NORDICTRACK PRODUCT. NO WARRANTY. Purchased a NordicTrack Elliptical several years ago. We love the machine because of its smaller size. My wife uses it every day. Shortly after purchase the bearing started to squeak loudly. The machine was repaired under warranty several times. After the warranty expired we decided to have the machine repaired by NordicTrack at our expense which cost about $1100. A few months after the paid repair the unit started squeaking loudly again. I am now told by NordicTrack that their warranty on repairs is only 30 days. DO NOT EVER PURCHASE NORDICTRACK PRODUCTS.

NordicTrack Company Information