NordicTrack

Compare Fitness Equipment

Research top Fitness Equipment recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

NordicTrack 1750 was given to me as gift. The purchase was in November 2015 direct from NordicTrack. Install and setup was also paid for. In January 2017, the motor is not functioning properly. Trying to get warranty service from NordicTrack is a joke! Filed service request via their website. After 2 requests and over a week, they replied by email. By email they are advising me to remove motor cover and to remove the track. They want me to take the thing apart. I paid for them to put it together originally. If I felt I did not have the skill to put it together originally, why in the world would I want to take it apart now and then have to put it back together? Requested that a technician come and do the repair, I have never heard back from NordicTrack! Impossible to get them on the phone. Stay as far away from this company as you can.

Worst company for delivery! Nobody knows where my treadmill is! They said that it would be delivered within 2 weeks. It has been 3 weeks and still no delivery! I contacted Nordictrack and they said it was delivered to the "delivery company". The delivery company said they don't have it! I've been on hold for over 30 min with no idea where it is! Don't use Nordictrack!

Although they may provide a good product the customer service is the worst ever. After my product taking twice the amount of weeks as promised they could not get it scheduled for delivery. After a week of this I had them return the product. I have been fighting for a credit. When I call I will hold anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour and a half. No one has helped me and when I ask for a manager to call me back they take the information and absolutely no one calls me back. I am now having to make payments on a machine I do not have and have been unable to get any help on credit for my returned product. The product was returned two weeks ago and to date I call almost daily with no resolve and no one calls me back. All I want is my credit back to my account.

I had the exact same thing happen that another reviewer from IL had happen. Like the woman from IL, I purchased a FreeStrider. I made this purchase back on 1/1/2017. It has been sitting in my garage for a week now (it took that long to get it delivered). The delivery company REFUSED to bring the machine into my house. I am a single woman with no way to lift a machine that is over 300 lbs into my house by myself.

After sitting on the phone for more than 45 minutes after my machine was delivered, to speak to someone in returns about returning the item since I would never be able to get this item into my home to use it, they explained that it would cost me over $300.00 to return the item, even though I have not opened it. They offered to have the delivery company come back out and bring it into my home (and even assemble it for me) for an additional $50, which I thought was ridiculous since the delivery into my home is what should've happened in the first place, but I agreed to this because I just want to be able to use what seems like a really amazing exercise machine.

I called again today, February 4, to see if I could find out when the delivery company was going to call and set up a time to come and bring the machine in my house and the customer service rep from NordicTrack said they could not help me because they have no record of my purchase (probably because I have not been able to open the product to register it with them). The customer service person said I would have to speak to the Returns department, which is only open M-F.

I spent a lot of my "single mom with a special needs child" income on this item because it's easier to workout at home than get child care so I can go to the gym. I was very excited about getting this item and all I have gotten for the over $2k that I spent was the most absolutely disgusting and disappointing customer service I have ever gotten in my life!! I feel like I have been completely scammed because no one seems to want to help me or make this right and I cannot afford to just throw away over $2000.00 for nothing!

We purchased an exercise bike in December 2014. At the time, the salesman offered me an additional year of iFit at a reduced rate. I accepted it, which should've given us 2 years as the first year was included. One year later, we were charged again. I tried to contact the company repeatedly by email. The response I received back was to send another email. I eventually gave up due to frustration. We just received our Discover card bill for January and noticed another $144 charge. I called their customer service number for billing (866-896-9777) repeatedly today and never received more than a recording at the beginning of the message telling me to wait. I put the call on speaker and cleaned the kitchen, etc, and still no answer.

I finally went to their website and was able to chat with "Monica" online. She said that my account was set to auto pay (something I never had agreed to). She put through a credit to our Discover card and said it will take 3 weeks to receive. There are other items that I've been interested in purchasing from NordicTrack, but due to their poor customer service, I will find another vendor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack?

First, the carrier tries to deliver a 400# piece of equipment with no means of getting it off the truck. Nordictrack expects you to somehow accomplish this. Then we pay $250 for "White Glove Service". It has been 2 weeks since they deposited the money and after spending 43 minutes on hold with Service who transferred me to hold for 62 minutes with Billing, I still cannot get an answer from anyone on where it is. Do yourself a HUGE favor and do not buy anything from this company!

Ordered a Commercial 2450 treadmill over the weekend to discover they had put through 2 authorizations on my card. I didn't know until I tried making a purchase on the card and found it declined as Chase had put a block on it due to 2 large transactions for the same amount coming through. I called Chase and they removed the hold and told me to contact the merchant. This is where it became even more fun.

I waited on hold for an hour with NordicTrack and then decided to tweet them to see why they don't have people answering the phones. While the person handling their Twitter looked at my order, my call finally connected. The man on the phone couldn't work on my order as the other person was already in there and they told me that employee could resolve the problem. A few DM's later, and the employee using Twitter said I would have to call the 800 number to have anything done. I called back in and waited another hour, only to be told that it was a billing issue. Transfer to billing, and another hour wait. In the end, I cancelled. If this is any indication how they handle customer service, I don't want to see what happens if I need product support. Good products, poor customer service!

I ordered a NordicTrack on January 12th. The shipping company received it 2 1/2 weeks later and called me regarding the delivery. It is a 400 pound treadmill and unfortunately they cannot deliver inside, that would have to come from Nordictrack (don't you think NordicTrack should have a call out on the order site saying "IT'S 400 POUNDS and You will need to order special service to bring it inside")? I called NordicTrack several times, sent several emails as did shipping company to figure out what service I might need to have it brought inside.

Finally I spoke a less than pleasant woman at NordicTrack who said I could pay $149 and have it brought inside, but they would have to get another service to pick it up from the shipping company and then deliver and she cannot guarantee when. SO, a month later I MIGHT get my treadmill, but that is all based on when the new freight company can deliver and I pay more. The product is being sent back to NordicTrack. If this is any indication of how a customer is treated, and it seems this is a continuing issue per reviews, then I don't want the product. Shameful.

I am completely dissatisfied with the customer service here. Let me start by filling you in on the story. Back in early December 2016, Canadian Tire Brockville Ontario had a 4-day flyer with specials including the Nordic Track C990 Treadmill. Original price was $3249.00 on for $974.99. After checking out many different treadmills, this is the one that I wanted and what a GREAT price as well! Of course, when I went to Canadian Tire they were all out of this item so I received a good old "rain cheque". This was suppose to be a Christmas Gift for our family but unfortunately we did NOT receive before Christmas.

I called the store every week (as they instructed me to do) to check on the status of this item. I found out at that time that there were 6 others on the waiting list for this as well. Canadian Tire stated they had no idea why they weren't receiving this item other than it was on back order and that maybe I may make some headway calling this company (NordicTrack) directly. So I did. Yesterday...

The first gentleman I spoke to listened to my story and said there is nothing he can do except offer me a 5% discount (approx. $73 off the $1449.00 sale price it's listed for on Nordic's website) but that he would pass me over to what I believe was shipping and receiving (I couldn't really understand what he said). A woman comes on and I explain the whole situation ALL over again to her. She says she can't honour the rain check I was given back in December BUT if I could show them a current place that had this item cheaper... THEY WOULD PRICE MATCH! (And thus I would get a unit quicker and delivered for free right to my door instead of waiting for them to arrive at Canadian Tire). I say, "Ok, well I will have to check out the flyer for this week and get back to you tomorrow as I'm on my way to work at the moment." She says, "No problem. Just call us back with proof that it is on sale cheaper somewhere and we will price match."

This brings me to today! Sure enough... There it is AGAIN in the Canadian Tire flyer. (Don't ask me why they keep putting it in their flyer if they can't deliver on the units they promised people back in DECEMBER!!!) So I call the company back and ask (by name) for the sales rep I was talking to yesterday that said I could get the 5% discount as I didn't catch the name of the woman who promised the price match.

I explain everything to him again and he recalls our conversation yesterday and when I tell him I have found a current flyer with the item in it for $999.99 he says hang on I have to check with a supervisor (keep in mind I've been on the phone for around 30 minutes so far). He comes back on the phone and says "we cannot do a price match but I can offer it to you for $1299.00. That's the best I can do." So we go back and forth again and he once again transfers me to someone else... I explain the whole damn thing again. She transfers me to someone else...

Then I get Mr. ** who was NOT professional or courteous whatsoever. Basically tells me that the woman shouldn't have told me that yesterday and that they NEVER price match and the reason is because the unit Canadian Tire is selling is last year's model where the ones they sell on Nordic website are this year's... Asks me what the name of the woman was and I explain to him I don't know but that IS what I was told. Tells me there is nothing he can do. I then say that the salesman before him told me best he could do would be $1299 (gave him the name because I DID get his name) and he puts me on hold... Again... Comes back and says "we could do that but that is the lowest we will go."

At the point I would just like to tell them all to go to hell. This is very frustrating! If I didn't like this machine so much I wouldn't be wasting any more time at all! I may contact our local spa/pool companies to see what they recommend as I saw someone else mention in the reviews on here. They weren't happy with the customer service here either and I have read several complaints about the shipping from here as well so I do not know if I want to take a chance on that as well. I own 2 successful businesses and we didn't get here by treating customers badly. Shame on them for this!

We recently purchased a NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer. We paid to have it delivered and installed and when they came to deliver it, the company said they didn't receive those instructions and wouldn't assist us. We finally got the company to call us back to do the installation and their first date was 3 wks later than their delivery. They cannot tell us a time that they will be there and we will now have to take more time off of work for this to happen. We would do the installation ourselves, except this is an expensive piece of equipment and we don't want to get partially through and have issues and be stuck or void any warranty. Had we known we would be going through this, we would have spent our money elsewhere.

Don't buy a NordicTrack. They have terrible customer service when it comes to getting help with warranty and repairs. All they do is send you a video that may or may not pertain to the machine you bought and then they expect you to take apart the machine yourself and diagnose the problem yourself. After that they will order parts. What? I don't know how to do that even after watching the video. It cost an extra $150 to have a repairman come out and diagnose the problem for you! I am so disappointed. I paid a lot of money for my incline trainer and have only had it for 4 months. I am in the fitness training industry but I will never recommend this to anyone.

My sister and I placed an order on November 25. About 5 days later I realized that I never received an email conf. saying that the order had been placed but my card was charged. I had to call them 4 times just to receive that conf. About 3 weeks later my sister received hers on schedule but I still hadn't. I called them about 3 times to finally had one of the customer service reps tell me that the treadmill was lost during delivery and I had to place another order which meant that I had to wait another 3 weeks for it to be delivered. Finally, after 4 weeks I received a email saying it has reached the delivery company. I called them for a delivery date and everything was all set until the day of delivery. I received a phone call from the delivery company saying they never received the item.

When I called NordicTrack to find out what was going on the person said they would look into it and call me back but of course that never happened. When I called the next day the person said to me I have to reorder and I would have to wait another 3 weeks for delivery. Today is January 17, 2017 so we are almost 2 months out for the orig. order date. I finally canceled the order but of course I had to call back like 5 times for someone there to figure out how to do that. I get things from China faster than them and I would never recommend this company to anyone. Just pure garbage. Oh by the way, I'm still waiting on my cancellation email!!

Just like the others on this company I too ordered an Elliptical that was delivered and assembled by them. It squeaks like crazy and I was very disappointed with the machine. I wanted to return it and upgrade to a more expensive model but I have been on hold for about 4 hours on two separate occasions. I mean after almost 2 hours this morning I am going to have to hang up yet again because I have to go to work. I am shocked and disappointed that a company can employ such tactics. In fact the machine I got has the web enabled console and when I tried to go to their own support website from the machine the browser just shuts off. Their own support website is blocked from the console. What the??? It's not like the machine was cheap. I paid a lot of money to purchase a product from them and this is how they treat customers. If their customer service is so busy maybe they need to add more agents or sell better products. I'm totally blown away.

I never write reviews but I feel the need to warn others before ordering anything from NordicTrack. I placed an order on a Thursday afternoon. Came across this site later that day and read reviews. Was a little leery about my purchase after reading the negative comments. Thought about it overnight and I just didn't feel comfortable spending $2000 on an item from a company with such negative feedback.

So I called Friday afternoon to cancel. I was on hold for 22 minutes and someone finally picked up only to tell me that he could not do a return but that it shouldn't be a problem because it showed it was still processing. So he gave me the phone # for returns but said they were in some kind of training and would not be available for another 45 minutes. I tried calling right away anyway but sure enough a recording came on saying they would be away from the phones for 1 1/2 hours to train on how to better service the customers. So I called back an hour later. I was on hold for over 20 minutes and I had to hang up cause I had to go to work.

So anyway I called back first thing Monday morning, I was on hold for over 50 minutes. I am not exaggerating my phone shows a 58 minute phone call and I only spoke with a person for maybe 5 mins tops! Anyway she says "No problem we can process your return minus $368 fee." Freight charges and restocking fee. I explain how I had spoken with someone Friday who said my order was still processing and return would not be a problem. She says it has left the warehouse and is shipped. I don't believe that for a second, however I know she is only doing what she is trained to do and it's not her fault she works for such a crappy company. This whole thing is just really upsetting to me. I tend to not believe negative reviews I read but in this case what everyone is saying is true. Do not order from NordicTrack!!! My husband and I went to a local fitness shop and purchased a piece of equipment that I know will be backed up by the company.

NordicTrack customer service promised me a $199.00 refund back to my CC for a terrible delivery and assembly issue. I called customer service several times and was PROMISED each time that my card would be credited within 48 hours. One month later I received a credit of $149.00. Each time I called them I would be on hold for well over an hour, only to get someone who couldn't help me, then transfer me to again wait for nearly an hour. NordicTrack has the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I WILL NEVER buy from them or recommend them again.

I have to give one star because I cannot give less!!! Terrible customer service, terrible support... This is by far the worse company I have ever bought from. I cannot even rate the product because I never got it. Every time I contacted them to have information about my order I got nothing not even a reply. I recommend you triple check. This brand is not behind the product you are getting. You will not get the high service you expect for the high price tag associated with it.

Ordered Dec 2nd for Christmas gift. Promised 7-10 days delivery. Billed credit card same day. Multiple calls to upsell warranties. No calls to deliver product. I tried making inquiries, terminal hold. No confidence in the product or company after this experience.

After months of debating with my wife about purchasing a treadmill we finally went with NordicTrack. Since day one it has been a horrible experience, we purchased the c700 treadmill which was on sale at the time and we were on a budget. We also purchased the White Glove service and paid an extra $249. Three weeks passed by with no treadmill, and every time we called NordicTrack it was another excuse. The company that they use MDX was also giving us the runaround and no one could give us a true answer. So, about a week later I called NordicTrack again and they apologized that they had taken so long but once again another lie because they promised us a refund for the so called White Glove service. Finally, on December the 8th our machine was delivered and it was another disaster. The so called white glove service was horrible.

The two idiots that the company sent couldn't screw a damn thing. They came to my house unprepared with no tools, they didn't speak English and with attitudes. I had to assemble the machine myself after I had just paid $249 for ** service that I was promised. So far, it's been about a month since I was told about the refund and every time that I call NordicTrack it's another excuse next week, next week, I was even told a specific date of December the 23rd that I would receive my refund. When you call them they have nasty attitudes like it's the customer's fault that they are incompetent and a horrible ** company. DO NOT buy from NordicTrack. STAY AWAY!!! My next step will be filing a lawsuit this company should not be getting away with horrible customer service and denying customers refunds back.

I purchased a unit from Nordictrack and paid for in home delivery and assembly. 10 minutes into my workout, a leg goes flying off of the machine. I could've been seriously injured. I had them come back and reassemble the machine but they were unable to return for two weeks. The machine is reassembled and I use it a total of 5x. I develop muscle spasms in my back and unable to use the machine any longer. I realize that I am over the 30 day return policy. However, I contact Nordictrack and ask for an exchange of equipment, willing to accept a cheaper unit, pay for the restocking fee, delivery, assembly and disassembly of the original unit.

They absolutely refused stating that their policy is 30 day returns only. I reiterated the issues incurred by Nordictrack and the unit causing injury and they still refused. I find it hard to believe that a company of this size isn't willing to make good on a very expensive purchase. I do not recommend purchasing from this company. They are uncooperative, unsuccessful and apparently cannot assemble a machine properly when they offer such a service. Don't lose your money, as I did.

In 3 days, it will be a month since I placed my order with Nordictrack. The order was cancelled 3 days later and the item was never sent to me. Almost 4 weeks later and I still have not received a refund. I was first told it will only be a few days because they were issuing a "hot refund." Those few days became 2 weeks with the next person I spoke to and then 3 to 4 weeks to the last person I spoke to.

Again, it has now been the 4 weeks and I have still not received a dime back for something I never even received. I am now preparing a lawsuit because the Fortiva creditor they work with (also scammers in my opinion) are trying to bill me for something I never received. SAVE YOUR MONEY! SAVE YOUR TIME! I didn't listen to the reviews and this is the price I pay. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I purchased this on Tuesday and it's Thursday. I called to cancel as I was unaware that this product wasn't going to show for TWO WEEKS! They proceeded to tell me that they wanted to charge me $280 to put it back on the shelf! It hasn't even shipped yet. If it had shipped there's no way it will take two weeks to receive. Awful experience all around. Will never purchase equipment again from this company. I paid $800 for the product. To charge half that to put it back on the shelf is unheard of. TOTAL RIP OFF.

We attempted to purchase a NordicTrack Elite 4.4 exercycle, first at Sears (which wanted $169 to deliver and assemble a $379 machine). Contacted NordicTrack directly (they advertised "Free Shipping" on their site). Well the "free shipping" is curbside only--nice way to get a large package stolen! If you want it at your door, it's 100 bucks and if you want it delivered inside and assembled, it's $249. Really?? $249 to deliver and assemble a $379 machine??? That's 74%. Like paying $34,800 for a $20,000 car if the dealership drives it to your door. Needless to say, we'll look elsewhere.

I ordered my FreeStride Trainer Sept. 1 which I just received 29 days later. This was a serious "cluster" from ordering to delivery, broken product, and they cancelled my warranty! The first problem was a guy who called me to upsell their warranty and IFIT membership. I said fine, but I did not ask him to tap my new line of credit opened specifically to take advantage of the financing. Well obviously, it kept being declined because they gave me a credit line only for what I originally purchased. I told him no and to leave it alone. He kept trying though! And I kept getting decline letters!

So finally, it was scheduled - no show - I got a call at 8:20PM saying they couldn't make it. After fighting to get this unit delivered after many calls to NordicTrack and the delivery company - I kept getting the runaround. So about 3 weeks in I cancelled the unit. Well then I finally got a call it would be delivered, again. Ugh, so instead of paying the mandatory 10% restocking fee (even if it is their fault) I went ahead and scheduled it again. I paid for white glove delivery, they came and assembled but they didn't fire up the console, nor calibrated it, so I did those tasks after they left to find 3 vertical lines in the console screen (Awaiting for NordicTrack to call on that so we'll see how they handle this).

I then tried to log in to my IFIT I purchased from them for $99, well it required a code - so I called NordicTrack again. They said I cancelled it! And my extended warranty was cancelled too when I cancelled my order. But they said they could add it back on... Oh wait it's now $144 for the IFIT "and" the "upsell salesman" actually did change my order, so they refused to honor my original order even though I had proof (email receipt) I could send them. I normally don't get my hackles up - it takes a lot. But if I could do it over, I would not have ordered from NordicTrack. Do yourself a favor - go get a Precor.

Nordictrack Elliptical - I paid thousands of dollars for a machine. White glove installation. I wish I had read some of the previous review on this site. I would never have bought this machine or dealt with this company. Truck drivers put machine together. Now three months later falling apart. My machine has been down for two months. I also bought extended warranty and in-home service. Two months later, and I still have not been able to get a service tech or as they call them a "qualified service technician" to come service the machine, which just shut down for no reason. Advice to all, stay away from this company and don't get fooled by their ads on TV. These people only know how to sell, but they have zero skills in service or follow up which is more important than the damn machine itself.

I purchased the NordicTrack Incline Trainer x9i via Nordictrack.com on July 3, 2015. I paid for the 3-year warranty and for them to deliver and assemble. The incline trainer was set-up in my master bedroom and hasn't been moved since they delivered. I was caring for a very sick parent and undergoing home renovations so the machine was not used for the first six months after purchase. Once I did begin using it, I loved it. I had purchased iFit and really enjoyed walking/running on it almost daily.

In August of this year, while walking on it, I felt a jolt and then another and all of a sudden the belt just stopped moving. Everything else seemed to still be working the incline, the console it seemed to be just the belt. I called NordicTrack in early August and spoke to a rep who was troubleshooting with me over the phone. As he was trying to diagnose the problem a burning rubber smell started coming from the machine so the rep told me to shut it down and unplug it. He said it was the motor drive and that he would be sending me a replacement. I was still under warranty so it was of no charge to me. I asked the rep how difficult is it to replace the motor drive, he assured me it was quite simple and instructions would be included with the new motor drive and there are also videos online to help me. Ok, no problem.

A few days later I did receive the motor drive which in a box and the instructions stated I needed to turn my incline trainer to the side. Now, for those of you who have this incline trainer you know how incredibly heavy it is (350 pounds) so there's no way on earth I could turn it to the side as stated in the instructions. I made a call on August 19 to NordicTrack to explain to them that I would need a service tech to come and install this motor drive for me. I was on hold for a good 22 minutes before hanging up with frustration. I then decided to go online and submit a service request detailing my issue and my contact information (which was required).

The next day on August 20, I received an email back stating that my email had been received and I should be expecting a call from a service tech within 3-5 business days to schedule an appointment to come install my new motor drive. That call never came so on September 2, I contacted NordicTrack's customer service line again. I explained to the gentleman I spoke to what the issue was, what I was told, and that I had not received any phone call. After being put on hold for a few minutes he came back on the line and told me he submitted another service call and a tech would contact in within 24 hours. That never happened.

Today, is September 9, and I still had not heard back so once again I contacted NordicTrack, very frustrated by this point since I've been trying to get a service tech here since August 19. After being on hold for 16 minutes I hung up and used the live chat on the website. I was asked for the serial number which I provided and was told they couldn't find my records even though that was the correct serial number. I then provided them with my phone number so they can

look up my information and five minutes later I still hadn't received a response back from the live chat person. I finally had to wake him up and he connected me with someone else.

After explaining my situation yet again, this person named Kyrie looked up my information and saw that they (NordicTrack) had made several attempts to get in contact with the service company but were unsuccessful. WHAT? No one bothered to contact me the customer to let me know so I've been waiting for a phone call that would of never came. The apology I received was not going to put the motor drive into my incline trainer so as you can imagine I was livid by this point. I told Kyrie how disgusted I was this their customer service and that fact that even after I asked Kyrie to call me during our live chat, Kyrie did not. I couldn't get through on the phone as I called NordicTrack again while live chatting with Kyrie to speak to a live person instead of chat, that wasn't happening. I was never able to get through.

After I demanded to know who was going to call me back because Kyrie said I was going to get a call within 24-48 hours (I've heard this before) she gave me the phone number and name of the company they used. Kyrie explained they were able to reach the manager and someone would call me back and that was 6 hours ago. I ended up calling that number of course with no luck, no answer, no voicemail. I couldn't even find a company called On Time Services (what a joke of a name) in FL. I am beyond angry and will be calling NordicTrack again and again until someone is able to help me. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I purchased a NordicTrack Freestride FS7i and at first I was very happy. My brother used it a lot and lost enough weight in a couple months to avoid knee surgery. I can work on it and my knee doesn't hurt, so when it works I love it. The touchscreen is the only really difficult to deal with. They don't tell you that in order to store your workout history you have to pay for the ifit subscription, you can email it when you're done but it's difficult to type in your email and then sometimes you don't get it.

A couple of months after my purchase the incline stopped working, not a big problem they sent me a new incline motor and the repair man put it in, no cost to me because it was under warranty. However that did not fix the problem so he ordered a new monitor. He just installed the monitor today and as it turns out the replacement incline motor didn't work, so now I have to wait on another incline motor. He told me both times he's been here that I should get the extended warranty which is not a good sign. For a $3000 machine this is ridiculous.

NordicTrack Elite 10.7 - I have had the same bad experience as all others listed here. 2 hours wait to be able to talk to someone on the telephone after transfer. The chat line folks would ask me to take something apart and then when I get back to the chat, they had hung up, several times, then I have wait another 20 minutes to get someone back. I paid Sears $275 for this bogus extended warranty plan and they are so embarrassed they can't even talk to you without saying "we'll get back to you." Of course they never do.

Well, I'm now awaiting parts and the service technician. Based on what I'm reading, I'm not too hopeful. A class action suit needs to be filed against this company ASAP. BTW, the piece of junk was made in China - so NordicTrack pays 10 cents an hour labor and accepts substandard materials and QC. YOU get stuck with all the problems while the owners hire some telephone flunkies and laugh all the way to the bank. Unbelievable.

Landfill. The NordicTrack X11i Incline Trainer is Landfill. I could make all the same remarks, just like in the 340 previous NordicTrack reviews that are on this website. I could tell you once again about the bad customer service and poor quality product… because it is… This company is completely unacceptable. You are buying landfill.

After doing the proper research on the NordicTrack X11i. I found out far more than I bargained for. I found out about the company that makes this machine, Icon Health and Fitness. Icon Health and Fitness, is NOT backed by the Better Business Bureau. NordicTrack, is NOT backed by the Better Business Bureau. Please read the reviews on this website. Had I started here, at Consumer Affairs, I would not have purchased this machine. I also held an unrealistic view of trust regarding spokesperson, Jillian Michaels and those in positions of leadership at Icon Health and Fitness.

Please research the following websites and then ask yourself… Do I REALLY want to do business with these folks? The Better Business Bureau. The search is easy. Use the business name, Icon Health and Fitness. You will need the location, Logan, UT. www.bbb.org. Consumer Product Safety Commission. The search is easy. Use the business name, Icon Health and Fitness. www.cpsc.gov. Freedom of Information Act. The search is easy. When you get to their page, click the tab marked Find (there are five tabs… Home, Data, Reports, Find, Learn), use the business name and location, Icon Health and Fitness Logan UT. www.foia.gov. Safer Products. The search is easy. Use the business name, Icon Health and Fitness. www.saferproducts.gov.

You’re the customer. You work hard for your money. Me? At this point, with the research that I have done, and the things that I have uncovered in regards to Icon Health and Fitness, the makers of NordicTrack, I am not only disappointed with my NordicTrack experience, I now have greater concerns, for all, past, present or future consumers of Icon Health and Fitness. Time to boycott this company. To quote the great consumer advocate Ralph Nader… “Unsafe at Any Speed”.

We have the NTEVEL75910.4. The complete chassis of the first broke off (see 3 photos). After months it was replaced by a new one (for free). Here an arm broke off (see photo) but it was out of the guarantee period (of the first one). I ordered a spare one (received without a problem). But I do not want to think of the dangers while we were using this bad product. We used it 1-2 hours per day (max.) and our weight is lower than 75 kgs. These products seem completely unsafe, even by little use.

I'd just like to add another complaint about nonexistent service from this company. I can't believe I get mail solicitations to purchase extended warranties. My experience is that I cannot reach anyone on telephone nor email nor successfully login to my account. I get feeling is that they've cut down on the number of staff answering phones, maintaining their computer systems. Their service is a sham. If you are confident in your own ability to maintain or repair product, fine. Or if you feel you can get Sears to set up and be sure the product is working well when you first buy it, fine. Otherwise, avoid this company, avoid their products!

Expert Review

Mark BarrosoHealth and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.    More about Mark→

NordicTrack has one of the best reputations in the fitness industry. It has been in business for over three decades and originally became famous for its ski machines, although today it manufactures all sorts of exercise equipment.

• Full range of console services: NordicTrack’s web-enabled touchscreen consoles allow users to browse the Internet, watch TV or play video games while exercising, making the process more fun for most people.
  • Adjustable cushioning on tracks: Treadmills and other equipment come with adjustable cushioning to protect users’ feet from impact injuries while using the machines.
  • Some models are meant to improve heart health: The incline trainer model offers a variety of inclines and programs to help boost heart health.
  • Powerful motors: NordicTrack device motors can support high-speed workouts with the x11i Incline Trainer providing 4.25 horsepower. As an added bonus, the motors are not overly loud.
  • Steeper inclines: Consumers who want a more intense workout can set their NordicTrack machines to steeper inclines than some of the competing brands. The incline trainers reach a 40 percent incline and up to a -6 percent decline.
  • Best for Consumers who want to buy a treadmill, elliptical, glider, indoor cycling cycling bike, upright/recumbent bike, rower or ski machine.

Compare Fitness Equipment