3.29/5
Based on 147 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

149 NordicTrack Exercise Bikes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I bought this exercise bike based on the reviews I’d seen on the site. I’m guessing they cherrypick the positive reviews and delete the bad ones. The bike was defective. A pretty important part has apparently been smashed in transit. Inside the box was a sheet of paper outlining what to do in the event of a damaged product. I followed the instructions, setting out the damaged part, including photos etc, and after almost two weeks of back and forth, was eventually told I’d reached the wrong department, and instead of passing along all our correspondence, they left me with a number that didn’t work.

After a lot of research, calls, etc I was eventually able to track down the rift department. Now I’m still waiting for the part, which I’m told is on back order and won’t be here for 4 week, and the left pedal is clicking with each rotation. Oh, and don’t be fooled by the “30-day money back guarantee” either. If you’re not satisfied with the product, you’ll have to pay return shipping AND a 10% “restocking” charge. So “money back” is used loosely here. Overall, a terrible customer experience, and I wish I’d seen this consumer report page before I ordered the product, rather than relying on the reviews on their site.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I purchased the bike and had no issues there, even received a discount on the membership. The bike was delivered (all automated messages to schedule) and my only option for delivery was "white glove". They set the bike up, tested it, and it didn't work. They called someone to troubleshoot it, then packed it up and took it away. Turns out the motor didn't work. The delivery company had dispatch call us to say they would send another one. We already waited 2 weeks for this one, only to get it, brand new and for it to not work.

Not wanting to wait another 2 weeks, for the same thing to happen, I canceled the order. If something brand new doesn't work, what does that say about the product in the long run? When I called to cancel the order, they didn't even seem shocked and didn't try anything to keep me as a customer (no apology, discount offering). Just a "we'll cancel and send you a confirmation number". I decided to purchase the Peloton instead after this.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I purchased their top of the line spin bike on September 27th and was shipped the equipment immediately. October 3rd the bike arrives in Phoenix AZ and I am told that I will be receiving a call shortly to schedule delivery and setup. A week goes by and still nothing. I call daily and I am told all is going fine. The third time I call they say they have no record of my purchase. Yet by this time I have been financed with TD RETAIL and have a bill and payment due date. Still no bike. I call to cancel the order and I am told I can only cancel after I receive the equipment. Well that's impossible seeing that they lost my bike and have no record of the shipment nor the order. Another week goes by and they cancel my order, it is now October 30th and I still have a bill, it shows a refund pending from the 15th yet not released. This company is absolutely terrible.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Our Elite 4.4 upright bike screen blinks when plugged in. It is under warranty (we’ve had it 9 months) and when we called NordicTrack to explain the problem, the customer service technician says that the part is on back order & they don’t have a technician to install the new part & all it takes is a few screws & a screwdriver & connecting a wire. I explain that the machine is under warranty, so shouldn’t they have a technician to install the new part? His answer, ”no.” I also explain that if the part is on back order, then this is a common problem with this model & they should have a technician to install the new part.

He says,”no cause it’s an easy fix.” Again, I explain that it’s still under warranty & NordicTrack should have a technician to fix the problem. Well, regardless if you have a warranty, NordicTrack will send you parts that are on backorder, with no estimated time of arrival, so you can fix your machine yourself. Oh, and they have an app that you can download to figure it out yourself. I am so disappointed with NordicTrack & their warranty to fix it yourself. DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR EQUIPMENT & WARRANTY!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I purchased the NordicTrack VR25 in August 2018, when it finally was delivered, the delivery men knew nothing about how to set it up. It took them a while following instructions. Screen was damaged and the tension was so tight that we can’t use it. We’ve called several times to NordicTrack and get a complete runaround with no one wanting to help us. They keep transferring us to another rep. We asked if they could send someone out to fix the bike or come pick the bike up and give us a full refund. They won’t do either. They want us to try troubleshooting the bike and let them know so they can send the parts to us. This is crazy! We don’t know anything about fixing bikes, that’s why we purchased the extended warranty so things like this will be fixed in a timely manner.

I had two major back surgeries and need a bike to stay active but this bike is useless at this point. I still haven’t received a new screen to replace the one that is damaged. This is so frustrating and I’m out a lot of money. This has to be some kind of crime that they won’t respond back and even try or want to fix the bikes that they sell. It’s like if you aren’t calling to buy something, you are wasting their time and will transfer you in a heartbeat. I do not recommend buying anything from NordicTrack ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Exercise Bikes?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I purchased the S22i STUDIO CYCLE. Have experienced multiple issues and comment as follows: 5/15/18- placed order, with 4 YR maintenance for $239.95. 6/29/18- I received the bike. 8/7/18- the bike did not turn on. I was asked to make sure proper connections as follows: 122 & 123, 124 & 125, 123 to back of console, 124 to back of console.

8/8/18- orders ** & ** were placed for replacement console 393599 & fan 392672. 8/15/18- the replacement console did not resolve the issue. 8/22/18- another rep placed an order ** for POWER SWITCH part 264511. 8/30/18- the shipment was lost and new order ** placed. 8/31/18- I received the first switch and this resolved the problem. 9/25/18- the bike shut down again and a new order ** was placed for wire harnesses. I received part 398299, but am still waiting for an update to part 398346, which has not yet been shipped. 10/1/18- Paresh ** contacted me, but I informed him that I am still waiting for an update to part 398346. I received this bike on 6/29/18 and for one reason or another, it has been out of commission for about half of the 3-month period.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I purchased this bike with a total knee replacement in mind. This being my 2nd knee done, I did not have a bike the first time. Really the only issue I have is that you cannot bring it down to no resistance while rehabbing, therefore I have tweaked my knee several times. I believe once I am rehabbed that it will be an amazing bike for everyday use and to keep motivated as I like being able to work out in a cool environment, which you never know what the weather outside is going to be. I am 5 weeks post surgery and progressing well this time. Cannot wait to challenge myself more on this bike with so many features.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

The only positive so far was the bike arrived 7 days after ordering. That’s where it ends. The electronic touchscreen console would not load correctly at start up. After forever on the phone with Customer Service we were told a “usb drive” would be mailed to us in 7-10 days and to give that a try. Unreal! I spend over $1000 for a bike that is inoperable and am told I’ll need to wait 7-10 days. I offered to pay for overnight shipping and was told they can’t do anything quicker than 7-10 days.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Purchased a top line NordicTrack recumbent bike for my wife's birthday as a surprise. Ordered in plenty of time and ordered with their knowing the time constraint. First issue was it did not arrive until 10 days late and they were zero help in getting it delivered. Should have canceled payment but...unit assembled and began usage. Nice machine but an immediate issue that the heart monitor did not work. Warranty says we had 1 year in-home service...they sent parts and would not send a service tech.

I installed the handgrips but again the monitor did not work. Called again and they diagnosed as a bad console...and again they sent a console and other parts but would not honor the "in-home" warranty. I can't install all the parts and they have sat. I've contacted them several times and when they wanted to extend the warranty I wrote them, again, that I needed the parts installed; NO RESPONSE and now off warranty period for "in-home service".

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I purchased this bike (S22i) over the Peloton. The specs were advertised as superior than the Peloton. Boy, was I wrong! First bike I received could not be ridden. It made a horrible grinding sound when the pedals turned. Then I received a replacement about 3 weeks later. Same issue, except only when bike had resistance and/or incline. Additionally, bike was extremely wobbling. Spent literally hours on the phone with customer service. Got passed around like a hot potato. Customer service in returns department was flat out rude. Claimed no supervisor would talk to me.

Ended up getting lucky by calling on a different day and spoke with a gal at returns who had common sense and decency to take the bike back and offer a full refund. I didn’t have to argue or beg or anything - she just offered it based on the fact that I was within the 30 day guarantee period. It sounds like other folks have not been as lucky as me. I would not recommend NordicTrack anything. I took my money to Peloton and I’m glad I did. Classes are so much better and no issues with my bike whatsoever.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have had nothing good to say about this Grand Pro Tour bike. The first one arrived broken-the crankshaft would not turn. The serviceman dispatched to repair it had never seen one before, but after reading over the manual, he identified what needed to be replaced and took care of it. It only took two rides before this part broke. They offered to replace it, and I foolishly agreed instead of just asking for a refund. Now, just two months later, this bike is breaking. The front end is completely unstable and we are unable to tighten it down so the bike makes a thumping noise as it is ridden. Suffice to say that my downstairs neighbor is NOT a fan.

Besides the poor quality of the bike, there is the question of who engineered it and did they even bother to sit on it when they designed it to be bundled with iFit (which I actually really like). For example, even though iFit constantly exhorts me to "stand up on the pedals," there is no way to stand on these pedals as the wheel simply won't turn that way.

In addition, the incline and resistance settings on the bike do not match up with iFit, so the build up in your workout is totally off base the entire time, making you struggle in the beginning and then having nowhere to go as the iFit incline/resistance is much greater than the bike is capable of. To top it all off, NT will not take this bike back as it started to break down outside their 30-day return window--so now I have no recourse except to hope that repairs for this bike stick better than the last one. Do yourself a favor and don't make my expensive mistake. Pass on this poorly designed and tested bike.

Original review: July 25, 2018

July 2018 - Grand Tour bike defective out-of-the-box. Icon manufacturing (NordicTrack parent) evasive about fixing and honoring 30 day return guarantee. Level 1 hard and clunky when spinning. Called support (23 minutes) "go to a bike shop and purchase a crank arm tool" to take off crank and look inside bike to see if anything is broken. (Like buying an iPhone and Apple telling me to call Foxconn for support who tells me to go to Ace Hardware to buy a tool to crack open iPhone and look inside.)

Called sales who transferred me to a "better" support agent (48 mins). "It's a training bike. Hard even on level 1. Harder than walking". Said same take off cover, but he (name Bo) could not stay on the phone to help me do it. Called returns. Said the resistance sounded too high. Offered me "5% discount" ($50). I said no. It is broken. How does $50 help? Then offered to ship a new bike and pick up old one.

Called returns 3 days later after not getting email or phone call as was promised. (Returns closed for a state holiday). Called sales could find no record of any such return commitment. This is not a business who can be trusted. Mine story is repeated here and at other sites like allexercisebikes dot net. Do not purchase from NordicTrack or Icon Manufacturing as they do not stand by their products. I called AMEX who is advocating on our behalf.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I ordered this Commercial S22i Studio Cycle February 22nd. Nothing but problems since day one. It's June 11th and today's the first day it is finally ready to be ridden. Problems (yes, they are in a list because there have been so many): The sales agent told me that the bike came with clipless pedals (the kind you can use cleats with and clip your shoe into), found out a few days later that they only come with the pedals with the foot cage that you strap your foot into. Originally, I selected the delivery option where they ship the bike directly to your door via UPS and you have to set it up yourself. I called back the next day to change the delivery option so that they would have a 3rd company deliver and install the bike. I paid for it using a different credit card that had a different billing address (I'll get to this later).

After confirming 3 times that the delivery had been changed and it would be installed, they still shipped it to my door via UPS. I had to pay the maintenance men in my complex to get the 140lb box and 50 lb box up my stairs, because NordicTrack said there was nothing they could do at that point (I called them as soon as I got the email from UPS that I had a package arriving in 2 days).

Even before the shipping problems, it was back ordered for a few weeks. They gave me a specific date it would ship on, it didn't ship for another week after that date. When they emailed me that the bike would be back ordered, they said they would take $400 off of total price of the bike. I asked for an updated invoice, which I never received. When I called billing to get the updated invoice, they had no record of the $400 discount; they had me send them the email I received from their own company. NordicTrack told me I would have to call TD bank (that's who they use for financing) if I wanted an updated invoice.

They sent a third party company to install the bike. The company thought they were coming to install a treadmill. They left without having me try the bike. As soon as I went to sit on it, the seat fell forward and I couldn't move it back. There was also wiring that was left exposed under the handlebars from the screen console. I called NordicTrack and they sent out new handlebars and a new seat. They sent them to the wrong address (the one I gave when I called to add on the delivery with installation). When I saw that they shipped them to the wrong address (they hadn't actually arrived there yet) they told me that they would try to stop the delivery of those parts and send me new ones. Then they told me that the handlebars were on back order and it would take a few weeks to even get them back in stock before they shipped.

I purchased a 5 year warranty. They keep sending warranty offers, to the wrong address (the same one they first shipped the parts to). Why do they not have it marked in their system that I already have the longest warranty (at least of the ones they offered me)? After the parts arrived, I called them so they could have someone come and fix the parts. I had to call back the first company that called me about the installation and I couldn't get in touch with them. Then they left a voicemail that the work order would expire the following day. Finally a week later, another guy calls me about coming to fix the parts.

I want to install my own clipless pedals so I purchased them from Amazon. I'm not sure about the size though so first I chatted with NordicTrack online, then called customer service. The agent on the phone even spoke to the parts manager, but no one at NordicTrack can tell me the size or thread size of the pedals. They only can tell me that standard road pedals should fit but they can't guarantee that any other company's parts will fit.

Meanwhile, the manual says you can use your own pedals (NordicTrack doesn't make clipless pedals). How can the company not have the measurements for the pedals they use? Didn't they engineer, design, and produce the parts? There had to be measurements done at some point. So today is June 11th and finally the bike could be ridden, except for the issue with the pedals. I have already had to make 3 payments. Getting in touch with any department there, such as customer service, takes at least 45 minutes, except sales which answers immediately.

Last note: When I called to find out information about returning the bike, they told me I would have to pay a restocking charge, over $200. I had to argue with them, go over every problem I've had, and point out that I haven't even been able to ride the bike yet for them to finally agree that if I wanted to return it they wouldn't charge me. What a hassle this has been.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I purchase this bike (NordicTrack Grand Tour) and also purchased to have put together for me. The bike didn't pedal after they put it together. It was so hard to move pedals. The men that put together said they weren't responsible for making sure it worked. I would have to call company. I couldn't believe that. Well after long hours on phone and I had to be by bike with tools and told to start taking it apart to fix while on phone. There was no way I was going to try and fix it now. I did call in a bike repair service and they couldn't fix. They said I had to bring to their shop. Called back customer service. They said if I wasn't willing to fix with someone over the phone send back.

They weren't interested in sending anyone even know the people they send to put together didn't know what they were doing. They transferred me to returns and I spend two hours on hold. No answer. I called back the next day and same thing. Hours of waiting and no response. I called my credit card company. They refunded my money and the company didn't care to argue or do anything about it. Lucky me. Free broken bike that I have to look at... so frustrated. Do yourself a favor. Do not buy NordicTrack.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Worst experience ever. Waited 4 months for a bike that originally came out of the box broken. Told they would send parts and they never came. Spent over 2 hours on hold over numerous phone calls. They only take calls to sell new equipment. They will transfer you 3-4 times and each time you have to explain again what you are calling about, Completely dysfunctional company. Recommend steering clear if you value your time and money. An unbelievable experience to say the least.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I bought online a NordicTrack studio bike S22i this year in January and the website failed to indicate that the product was a preorder. It took two months to receive the bike and when I did there were many components broken on it. Called to exchange for a new bike and was told that they were sold out but that there would be a new shipment on 4/10 and 4/22. Well that never happened. Once 4/22 passed with no bike being shipped to me I called and was told it would ship in a week. That didn’t happen so I called again and was told it would ship in a week. That didn’t happen so I called again and was told it would ship in two weeks, again didn’t happen. Called again and was told an email was sent to sales manager to find out what was going on and I would receive a phone call back. That never happened. Called again and was told they would receive bikes on 6/4 and that they would ship to me within a week but that was not a guarantee.

Last phone call was with Anna who said she was a manager who kept trying to talk over me and wouldn’t listen to what I was saying which escalated my frustration. She then had the audacity to tell me when I kept talking that I was talking over her and that she would end the call if I continued to express my frustration. So I canceled the order and ordered a Peloton with a scheduled delivery date within a week. Would never recommend NordicTrack to anyone. Misleading advertising and rude customer service.

Original review: April 8, 2018

NordicTrack VR25E 2018 Review. Delivery was quick. It only took 6 days from order to delivery. The bike arrived in two large boxes. Both boxes were damaged on arrival and the bike had several scuff marks, but no major physical damage. I would say that the packing was not adequate considering the weight of the unit. Assembly was not very difficult until I got to the point of installing the seat onto the rail. To hold the seat in position, there is a mechanical clamp with three plastic pads that are glued onto a steel plate. One of the three pads snapped off before I even got close to mounting the seat. Fortunately, I noticed before I finished setting up the bike. I then used epoxy and a clamp to glue the part back on. Then, when I was finally installing the seat again, another of the plastic pieces popped off. Another 6 hours with epoxy and a clamp and I finally had the seat mounted.

The seat clamp mechanism is rather awkward to use while seated on the bike. I would much prefer the sort of spring-loaded, latch that others have even if that would mean limiting the seat to a specific set of positions. The NordicTrack allows you to clamp the seat into any position, but the difficulty of doing so is not a good trade.

The position of the tablet mount above the bike display is far too high for comfortable use. There’s no way you would want to browse the web or do anything that requires frequently touching the tablet screen in that position. Even reading would be difficult since each time you turn a page, you would have to strain to reach it. I’m 5’ 10” and when seated with my back against the back-rest, my fingertips are 9 inches short of reaching the tablet. You have to lean far forward to reach it.

There’s a second position to set a tablet on a ledge in front of the bike’s control panel, but this obviously blocks the bike’s display. If you really want to use the tablet, though, this should be OK. Unfortunately, the ledge is too deep such that it covers up a small portion of the bottom of the tablet. I’ll have to find something to place in the bottom of the ledge in order to raise the tablet a bit.

Then you come to the built-in workout. So far, I only tried the “free trial” workout. Whoever thought it was a great idea to show Google Street Views during a work-out must have been seriously out of touch. It’s a sequence of still images, not a flowing video. The images are low resolution. Half the time, you are apparently looking out the back of a vehicle directly at on-coming traffic. However, the sequence of the shots is such that all of the traffic is going backward! On top of that, you are viewing from a position about 10 feet high, so there’s really no feeling of being on a bike. And then there are images interspersed that are completely unexpected. Like staring straight out over water, or facing a wall, or facing a building or crowd of people. On top of all this, the resistance seems to be unrelated to the terrain you are viewing. It’s simply a terrible experience!

The bike operation is relatively smooth. Transition between resistance levels is continuous. The fan is quite loud and the angle cannot be adjusted. It would have been nice to have the ability to adjust the tilt, especially for taller and shorter users. The heart rate monitor was useless in my limited trial. The reading was less than half of what my Apple Watch was reporting. I’m quite certain the Apple watch was accurate. There’s no way I was at 55-65 bpm halfway through the ride. If I let go with my left hand, the sensor readout was unaffected. When I let go with my right, it instantly went to zero. Perhaps there is an electrical issue? I haven’t tried iFit. After that terrible free trial, I’m not sure why I would want to spend money on it.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Ordered Grand Tour Pro bike early January. I would rate as a negative -10 if I could! Bike was on backorder and delayed for 6 weeks. Bike was finally delivered and didn't work properly. The tension was so strong on the lowest level I could barely pedal. Called customer service (on hold for 45 mins) and they guessed it was a motor than something called the Eddy Mech. They ordered both and we have yet to receive the Eddy Mech which is what the problem is. The motor works just fine as you can hear it. We called back about the Eddy Mech (on hold for over an hour). The part was on backorder and not available for over 6-8 weeks. They then transferred me around. Said they would take the part off a new bike and send it. 10 more days go by. Call back to customer service (on hold 40 mins) and they have no record of the new part being taken off a new bike.

At this point we demanded our money back and we would return the bike. After being transferred to returns and refunds (on hold additional 45 mins) We were informed the bike would be picked up and a full refund would be processed. In the meantime, our second NordicTrack financing bill comes and we are charged for an additional bike!!! The additional bike was due to the fact that the original was their 2017 bike but was on backorder and discontinued so they shipped us the new 2018 model and charged us for it in addition to the 2017 model. Called customer service. On hold 45 mins then transferred to returns and refunds. Again on hold an additional 40 mins. They were rude and interrupted numerous times. They said no one could pick up the bike so we could just discard it on our own!!!

Unbelievable! They couldn't verify the refund and when we would receive it and then the call was disconnected! I called back, again hold twice for over 30 mins each before I got to returns and refunds. I again was met with rude and unbelievably horrible customer service. They confirmed the bike should be discarded by me! I asked for a email to be sent to me while on the phone confirming I could discard it and that it wouldn't come back to haunt me later. They then verified both bikes would be refunded in full. Again, I asked for another email confirming the exact amount that would be refunded. They sent both emails so we will see. This has by far been the worst purchase and experience of my life! I am convinced they just hope you give up with all of the long hold times. I would discourage anyone from purchasing from NordicTrack! Can't even believe they are in business still.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I ordered the bike in Nov. and today (Feb 26, 2018) they told us the bike is no longer in stock and discontinued. Cannot believe. Also customer service is very poor. When you call company it takes 1 hour for them to answer every time. We have made around 7 calls so far. Very disappointed and never buy your product again. Thanks. There are always other companies.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I was contacted by the delivery company to deliver the 1st FreeStride Trainer FS7i. I paid for "White Glove" delivery & they said they would deliver to the garage & that was it. So I had to deal with getting that corrected. They delivered the machine & the installer assembled the machine incorrectly & attempted to fix but he couldn't. Also, the incline motor was bad. I finally got in contact with NordicTrack two days later because if you call customer service, be prepared to be on the phone at least an hour. And by the way, during my whole ordeal, I have spent at least 12 hours on the phone trying to get the equipment. Customer Service said they would get someone out to take care of me. Three days later, I had to call them again because I received an email saying the incline motor was back ordered & did not have an ETA.

I called again and after an hour I was able to speak to a Rep & I told them I wanted a new machine since I was having all this trouble. He said he would get me a new one coming along with an SR25 bike I had on order at the same time as the FreeStride, that had never showed up. By the way, I placed this order on 12/20/17 for both machines. This past Friday, 02/16/18, my new FreeStride showed up along with the Bike SR25 to be set in place. So far, the FreeStride seems to be working but when they assembled the bike, they screwed it up. I went to use the bike the 1st time and after about five revolutions, the left pedal fell off. I looked at it & could tell the threads had been cross threaded. I was able to get it back on straight but it will not stay on. I decided to check the right pedal to make sure it was okay.

When I went to make sure it was tight, it was very obvious that the threads were stripped on it. So now, I have an SR25 bike I can't use AND I still have the 1st FreeStride machine they haven't picked up yet. AND, the console on the SR25 Bike wobbles so bad, I am waiting on it to fall off. I called Customer Service & they are supposed to be having someone back out to fix the Bike with new pedals & the part the pedals are attached to & to fix the console securely in place. I was told I would be refunded my delivery/ assembly charges for both machines. But I have yet to see it. I also feel NordicTrack should give me a 3 year warranty for both machines due to the issues. To be continued...

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Submitted a service request for a Grand Tour Pro that needed repairs less than a year after purchase. First issue was that customer service didn't have my product registration info even though I had the registration confirmation. Then it took 4 calls to customer service to have a tech contact me to schedule the repair. On the scheduled day, the tech never showed up or called. Had to contact CS again which is painful because of the very long hold time by phone or online chat. Now waiting for a different tech to contact me. Over 2 weeks since placing the service request and I'm no closer to getting anything fixed. Very poor customer service for such an expensive product. Would never buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have used the NordicTrack GX 4.7 recumbent bike for three years and until the last three months it worked great! Now the pedals slip and I find that this has been a major failure issue with the bike. I also find that it will cost $450 to repair. This is very disturbing. I always thought NordicTrack had a great reputation but now find out that they have faulty equipment.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Ordered Grand Tour Pro 15 Nov. Got email and phone call for in-home delivery saying delivery would be between 1100 and 3:00. Delivery was never made until 7:00pm. Technicians were hurried because it was so late, and left pedal and crank arm threads got stripped so bike couldn’t be put into use. Was given a choice to order replacement parts at no cost or refuse the shipment. Wish now I had refused the shipment, but they had the rest of it put together and had to climb to the second floor to do so and nearly knocked pictures off my wall getting the crate up the stairs to begin with.

It took a month to get replacement parts after the unit was delivered, and then when I rode it for the first time, I could barely pedal it at level 1. Turns out this model simulates increased tension at level 1 with 0% grade and if you want it to pedal easier, you have to decrease the grade at least to -8 and then feel like you are constantly falling forward off the bike. It’s the most uncomfortable bike I’ve ever ridden. Another issue is that when you decline the bike for downhill simulation, the tension on the hydraulic movement pops as if it’s about to break. I never should have bought this bike.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Whatever you do -- do not buy one of these bikes (NordicTrack Grand Tour). The resistance on level 1 is very hard and makes no sense as it should be 'relax' mode. When you call them you are on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes and we waited over ONE hour to get a number to process a return for their inferior bike. Why the reps don't tell you about the resistance before you buy is beyond me. DO NOT BUY FROM NORDICTRACK.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I ordered a bike end of November 2017 in anticipation of a delivery for Christmas. No big deal if a few days late since it was for myself but, when I called after Christmas 4 days in a row, each time I waited more than 30 minutes before I hung up. I finally got through and was given a number to the delivery people whom I paid an extra $149 for special delivery and set up and that number I called I think had a generic answering machine that said "you have 12 callers ahead of you" because every time I called it said the same number... ha ha. Then it said leave your number and order number and someone would call back.

It's been 3 days. No callback. I can't get a chat as the chat never works either for Nordic or the Delivery company. Worse customer service! I just don't know how companies stay in business with this type of service. Only reason I ordered this is because I owned a NordicTrack Elliptical years ago and was very satisfied with the quality. If I ever get my bike I'll see if this was all worth it -- NOT!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I was shopping between NordicTrack and Peloton for one of their high-end exercise machines. I went with NordicTrack because their advertisement promised delivery and home set-up "by Christmas." Now, NordicTrack is telling me that somewhere around the 30th of December, someone will contact me to set up a date for future delivery. It is like they didn't know when Christmas was going to be this year. Just another perfect example of when honesty takes a back seat to sales quotas.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We purchased a NordicTrack AudioRider R400 a few years ago while living in another state. Upon moving to another state we decided to not move the machine and instead gave it to an elderly friend who was recovering from hip surgery. She has used this machine religiously ever since. However, I received a phone call from her indicating the drive belt had broken and she was having trouble getting a new part because Nordic Track had no information on the unit being registered. I do not recall whether we actually registered it or not but told her I would look into getting a repair belt for her. I found the part number on Nordic's website, put it in the cart, went to checkout, filled out all the information including credit card information. I then hit the submit button and nothing happened. I hit it again and nothing happened. I went back through the entire process and hit submit again. Nothing happened.

I clicked on the chat button for help but got a chatbot which could not comprehend what a website issue was and would not roll me over to someone or something that did. I then clicked on the contact email, but it would not send an email without all the specifics on the piece of equipment, which I did not have, living in another state. I then tried two different customer service numbers and was told on each that my phone number did not match anything in their database so the phonebot would not forward me to a representative.

I obtained a third number through a chat on their main website. I finally reached a humanoid who was at least pleasant. I asked if there was any way he could check and see if an order had come through. His response was for me to check with my credit card company to see if any charges went through!!! I gave him the part number I wanted, but he still needed a key number from the parts illustration. I gave him that, and he verified that the part was available, but that I would need to register in order to place an order. In attempting to do that, I was again blockaded because my phone number was not in the database. I have no idea how this company can sell such expensive products and have a nonworking customer support system.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I ordered a recumbent bike and it came broken. The inner part of the wheel made horrible grinds and there was no tension control. I was told that a part would be shipped and that when it arrived, a service agent would come to fix it. I repeatedly called the agent and only got voice mail. When I contacted the office, they spoke to the service agent and I was then told that he may call me within two days to schedule a repair date. I expected the product to work and am now being told that it could take weeks to repair, I am stunned. I bought an American product and this is what has happened. The customer is supposedly king but not here.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I ordered a bike 6/27/2017 and was told I would receive it in less than 2 weeks. It is now 7/21/2017 and still haven't received my bike. I've called NordicTrack 3 times and now have been told that these bikes are out of stock. I've never been told this bike was out of stock. I find it so disappointing that there is such little regard for their customers. Everytime I call, I would get different information. I ended up canceling this bike and will probably go to Peloton. It is probably a better bike anyway and has to be better customer service!

Original review: July 7, 2017

I enjoy the NordicTrack bike. It is very easy to ride. I can also tell a difference in my legs after I ride for a few weeks. Setting up is no problem too. I have the NordicTrack in my wash room and I ride whenever I want. The only problem is it takes up a lot of space. I wish it was smaller and I could fold it. I also get bored after the first FIVE miles. I am ready to get off and do something else. Also, the bike is a little high for a woman even though I am 5’9 inches tall. It is hard for me to get on and off. I am sometimes afraid I will fall or get my foot stuck.

NordicTrack Exercise Bikes expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it began in 1975 with its ski machine, NordicTrack has gone on to thrive after being acquired by Icon Health and Fitness in 1998, making a full line of fitness equipment including exercise bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, rowers and incline trainers. Its line of exercise bikes include upright, recumbent and sport bikes. Most bike models are iFit capable.

• Grand Tour bikes: NordicTrack’s Grand Tour exercise bikes come with web-enabled touchscreen displays, iFit technology and tablet holders. The Grand Tour Pro also comes with a power-adjustable incline feature that mimics a real bike during a climb as opposed to just increasing resistance. Grand Tour bikes are priced at $1,999 for the standard model and $2,499 for the Pro edition.

• Sport bikes: NordicTrack developed its Sport bike series to mimic a real road bike or a spin class bike. They come with a backlit display that monitors speed, time, distance, calories and heart rate. Riders can customize their work intensity by adjusting resistance with an easy-access knob. Sport bikes also come with a wireless chest pulse strap that displays diagnostics on the center console in real-time. Sport bikes are priced at $399 for the GX 3.5 and $1,299 for the GX 5.5.

• Recumbent bikes: NordicTrack's three recumbent bike models come with a backlit display, grip heart rate monitors and durable steel construction. Additionally, the Commercial VR25 recumbent bike includes NordicTrack's Bluetooth heart rate chest strap that displays real-time heart rate information on the screen. Each recumbent bike has an ergonomic, cushioned seat with lumbar support and ventilated back. All recumbent bikes are iFit compatible and are priced at $599-$999.

• Upright bikes: NordicTrack’s three upright bike models come with backlit display screens, heart rate monitor grips, vertical and horizontal seat adjustment and tablet holders. The GX 4.6 Pro model comes with NordicTrack’s Bluetooth chest strap that monitors a rider’s heart rate in real time. Upright bikes are iFit compatible with one-touch controls and have 22-25 resistance levels.

• Warranties: NordicTrack offers warranties on all of their exercise bikes. Warranties include a lifetime frame warranty, two- to five-year parts warranty and one- to two-year labor warranty.

• Best for: consumers looking for any type of exercise bike for a home gym.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs