NordicTrack Exercise Bikes

Compare Exercise Bikes

Research top Exercise Bikes recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I ordered a recumbent bike and it came broken. The inner part of the wheel made horrible grinds and there was no tension control. I was told that a part would be shipped and that when it arrived, a service agent would come to fix it. I repeatedly called the agent and only got voice mail. When I contacted the office, they spoke to the service agent and I was then told that he may call me within two days to schedule a repair date. I expected the product to work and am now being told that it could take weeks to repair, I am stunned. I bought an American product and this is what has happened. The customer is supposedly king but not here.

I ordered a bike 6/27/2017 and was told I would receive it in less than 2 weeks. It is now 7/21/2017 and still haven't received my bike. I've called NordicTrack 3 times and now have been told that these bikes are out of stock. I've never been told this bike was out of stock. I find it so disappointing that there is such little regard for their customers. Everytime I call, I would get different information. I ended up canceling this bike and will probably go to Peloton. It is probably a better bike anyway and has to be better customer service!

I enjoy the NordicTrack bike. It is very easy to ride. I can also tell a difference in my legs after I ride for a few weeks. Setting up is no problem too. I have the NordicTrack in my wash room and I ride whenever I want. The only problem is it takes up a lot of space. I wish it was smaller and I could fold it. I also get bored after the first FIVE miles. I am ready to get off and do something else. Also, the bike is a little high for a woman even though I am 5’9 inches tall. It is hard for me to get on and off. I am sometimes afraid I will fall or get my foot stuck.

It really is a nice bike that I have used for a long time. I really like all of the different features that the bike has. I like that I am able to adjust the strength on the pedals. I always make sure to repeat the same process to prevent injury. So first, I just warm up and stretch to prevent injury. I then make sure that my seat is adjusted, and make sure the pedals are at a decent strength. However, one of the only things that I dislike or would improve about the exercise bike is the way the seat adjusts. I am having trouble finding a comfortable height because I am between 2 height options.

I had bought the bike fully assemble so it was not really a problem for me to set up. All I had to do was find a good spot for it and learn about the features that it had to be able to operate it nicely. I like all the feature and I approve of all of them and think it works very nicely and I couldn't be happier using this bike. I like how comfortable the bike is to ride and how comfortable the seat and pedals are to use when I'm riding the bike. I like the screen features and the technology that it has involved using it. It has a smooth ride to it and I like that a lot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Exercise Bikes?

NordicTrack is a comfortable recumbent bike with a wide variety of options for resistance, goals, and settings. I like that it has an incredibly comfortable seat, since I have back problems. It was a one-time set-up which took a little over half an hour. However, the fan is a joke. I set up a fan to have it blowing on me to cool me down when I work out. Aside from that, I don't have any other issues with the bike. I use the bike several times week, and I love it. I love that I can change the resistance settings as I get stronger and faster.

NordicTrack is definitely worth considering if you are looking for an exercise bike. I did a lot of research and compared different exercise bikes and I very much like this equipment. It’s very economical for the price. It’s easy to use, very quiet and doesn't take up much room.

It was a wonderful bike that was great for getting a nice quick workout and getting your cardio and leg work accomplished. You can get the perfect fit for yourself and your body when you want to do you work out with its multiposition in nonslip grips that can be adjusted vertically and horizontally. It was very easy to put together. It was just a few simple steps and I was on it and riding it.

NordicTrack is well built with very sturdy construction and is really easy to operate. It's very strong but light enough to move alone because of the built in wheels and strong handles. It's small enough for a small room and is a pleasure for anyone of any age to use. It's also a good way to learn to ride a bike. Very easy setup. The instructions were easy to follow and the linking to internet is wonderful and modern. Overall this was the best exercise machine for me and I think everything about this machine is great.

My NordicTrack is a very good purchase for the money that I spent on it. It is easy to set up and use, durable and the bike rides smoothly and the handles aren't too far from the seat. Seat goes up and down easily and the handle bars adjust forward and back easily, too. The pedals operate smoothly and there is no binding and has nice grips. The range of motion is easy on my hips and there is no fatigue when I use the bike. It is overall very comfortable to use and it is one of the best I have tried out.

I like that the NordicTrack bike has different types of tension that can be used and it has a digital reader that tells me how fast, how many calories and how many miles I'm going. I also like that it fits in the corner of my living room as well but I do not like that I am unable to fold the machine up in any way to make it smaller. Setting up is as easy or as hard as I want it to be considering that I can change the tension to feel like I am riding a bike uphill. It's easy without tension but harder with but in a good way.

It came from the store already set up. I like the seat and how comfortable it is. I like the look and how it fits perfectly into my bedroom without taking up a lot of space. I like that it is simple and easy to use. All the features are great. Other than being a bit expensive, I have had no problems whatsoever with the bike. It is the perfect size for my bedroom. It is one of the best ones I have ever owned. I love it and I definitely recommend it.

I like that this NordicTrack exercise bike is fully customize. You customize any way of your liking and it easy to use and very innovative. Another feature I like about this exercise bike is that I can use my iPad with it. The only thing I don't like is the price you pay for it but still it’s a great and user-friendly exercise bike and has great features. The process of setting it up was very easy too.

I appreciated the easy setup of the NordicTrack exercise bike as I'm not great at putting together self-assembly products. I was able to do it myself and the instructions were very clear and all items were in the packaging box. I also love the styling of the bike and its sturdiness which makes it a great value. I like the digital display and the comfort of the seat the most. The size of the bike is a bit larger than I expected though so I had to put it in a roomier space than where I wanted. With that, I think I will be more mindful in future bike purchases.

I like the iFit compatibility of the NordicTrack Exercise Bike. It means a lot to be able to track my progress over time using my wearable or my phone. I feel this had gone a long way in motivating me and keeping me on track and on target. The bike was also easy to set up for my installers. The two men I hired installed the bike in two hours. The only complaint I have is that at the beginning, the resistance was too hard for me to maneuver. I then needed to have a repairman come and fix my bike so I could pedal it with ease.

I love my NordicTrack bike. It did not come with a million pieces and my husband put it together in under thirty minutes. The breakdown after use is very simple too. The bike is basic and very easy to use. It does not take up much space so it is easy to store. It was relatively inexpensive as well and it’s definitely a product I would recommend to anyone looking for an exercise bike. However, it is older so it does not have a heart monitor and calorie counter, and it is not compatible with my smart devices so I can't stream information to them or play music while I am working out. But the bike still works.

It was hell setting it up and I didn't think I even could set it up but eventually I did and I love it now. Also initially setting the settings was so difficult and I would also change that but now it seems so easy. It is adjustable and will last forever. I won't have to buy another exercise bike in my entire lifetime. So what I spent up front has already paid for itself and I don't regret my purchase one bit at all. But I wish it was roomier for all different body styles and body types. A different color would also be nice and I would like to be able to move it to another room much easier because I don't like the room it is in now.

I like the NordicTrack products. I like the moving handlebars in the NordicTrack Exercise Bikes so I can work out my arms at the same time. This way my workout time takes the least amount of time possible and I'm working out more than one area of my body. I set the height for me. I'm only five 1 1/2 so I have to adjust the seat and since I'm the only one using it, it's not a hassle. I can set a timer if I would like and I could make it harder or easy to pedal. I'm used to it and it’s pretty comfortable. I like it as it is. I'm happy with it and I'm glad I purchased it.

NordicTrack is easy to set up, I just get on the seat, push the digital button and start cycling. It is simple. Tracking of calories burned is the main feature I like. The seat is comfortable so it doesn't hurt after sitting on it for an extended amount of time. However, it could be made wider. I am pleased with the bike even if it's 10 years old.

I have a NordicTrack GX 3.5 Sport. It was easy to set up the equipment and there are a few extra things to look at like the adjustable seat and so forth. It is easy to use and has lots of different things to adjust to your personal liking. You can find the fit that best suits you on the bike. It has a twist resistance and a water bottle holding which helps and provides a realist bike experience. But I wish that it had some electronic resistance setting instead manually doing it so I know how much resistance there is instead of a plus or negative sign. Overall, it's an awesome home exercise machine.

I own a NordicTrack bike. It is fun to use and it was easy to assemble. I feel like I am getting the best workout and I like that it has a back-supporting chair-like seat that is perfect for me since I have lower back problems and in-handle controls so I can adjust without having to lose my grip. The bike does everything I want to. Plus, it comes with a tablet holder so I can listen to music or watch a show.

I like the speed settings in the NordicTrack Exercise Bikes as well as the seat. It is very comfortable angle and easy to reach the pedals. The height is adjustable for all people and I like the way the pedals react with the set up for the chain that drives the friction wheel. It works well on all levels. I would also like if it were a little easier to adjust the handlebars since it takes a while to reset it for another person. The setup took a little time and had to keep referring to the owner’s manual to find the parts needed to assemble the machine. Each of the parts were numbered in the instructions. But other products I've assembled had each part laid out in the instructions so it was easier to find the part instead of guessing which went where.

The NordicTrack bike was super easy to use and with the front mounted transport wheels it was easy to roll and fit perfectly in the closet. I was also impressed by how light it was when transporting it. I really enjoyed the adjustable seat that went both vertical and horizontally. The ride was smooth and extremely comfortable. The digital panel was simple and easy to use. The one touch control was genius. It was also pretty cool to use the 30 workout preset application designed by personal trainers. However, I was not impressed with the breeze from the auto adjusting fan. It was irritating and dried my face. The manufacturer warranty was also a bit disappointing. It only covered the parts for 1 year.

It was a little difficult setting up my NordicTrack exercise bike. I got a little frustrated but then my husband and son finished setting it up for me. I only had a little trouble operating it the first couple of times but once I got use to it no problems. I like many of my features on my exercise bike. The size of the bike is very comfortable and I love that it has the heart and pulse monitoring and the adjustable seat and handles. Everything is very satisfying to me personally. Only thing that I would change is the color.

The NordicTrack bike was easy to set up. I asked the man at the shop where I bought it to walk me through the steps so that when I got home the setup would be a bit more familiar to me. Operating the bike is quite simple. The pedals were comfortable, the gears in the bike made cycling easier for a older person and the tension was comfortable for me. I like the built in fan and timer. It also had a holder for a book or magazine and I could plug my iPad into a slot which was important to me. If I could improve anything about this bike it would be that it has a changing scenery screen like the Peloton has. It would make me work much longer because my interest would be held.

The NordicTrack bike was very easy to set up and I leave it set up so I can just get on it and use it each day. Depending on how long I use it it is sometimes difficult but I push myself. The upright and easy to use the style is wonderful and my fiance uses it on a daily basis. It's great to use each day and that makes it even better but I wish it was a multi function piece of equipment so I didn't have to have so many pieces of workout equipment in one room. They just make everything look cluttered.

I love being able to push myself to the limit and proficiently exercise on the NordicTrack Exercise Bike. I bought it pre-built and it's very easy to use. The display is easy to see. Furthermore, it doesn't read like Chinese so it's very easy to understand. I love racing against my friends and competing. As such, my favorite feature is being able to track my speed. However, the bike looks and feels very old, straight out of the nineteen nineties and I would update the design. Nevertheless, I would recommend it to my friends.

My husband set up my NordicTrack bike for me and he did not find it that difficult. It is next to my bed so it's the first thing that I see in the morning. That way my brain knows that I have to exercise first thing. I have a really good routine going in the morning. I went from sitting down doing nothing everyday to having more energy, losing weight and getting more toned up.

It is easy to use. I have back issues so walking and running are stressful to my back. I only wish the seat was a little more comfortable but otherwise I absolutely love my NordicTrack. I love sitting on my bike reading my emails while I pedal and get some exercise in before and after work. I can use it anytime because it is inside so weather is not an issue. I highly recommend using a NordicTrack stationary bike if you have certain medical issues or if you would like to start to exercise.

NordicTrack was quite easy to use. It is also easily stored and I am quite happy with it. This is one of the best exercise bikes out there. It's made well and works adequately. I use it every other day to help keep me in shape and feeling good. They all do a great job.

NordicTrack was easy to use but I did have some help setting it up. Not a lot just one other person. Once set up everything was running fine. It's always sometimes difficult to read the instructions as they come in so many different languages. I like the timer clock setting on the machine. Easy to see and read. Adjustability was an issue that took some time to get used to but once that was done, it all worked out for the best. I wish that it sometimes had some more settings and features like different modes to help make the exercise a bit more variety. Some other devices has like uphill and downhill modes and things. More along those lines and just different things to make each time a new experience.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it began in 1975 with its ski machine, NordicTrack has gone on to thrive after being acquired by Icon Health and Fitness in 1998, making a full line of fitness equipment including exercise bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, rowers and incline trainers. Its line of exercise bikes include upright, recumbent and sport bikes. Most bike models are iFit capable.

• Grand Tour bikes: NordicTrack’s Grand Tour exercise bikes come with web-enabled touchscreen displays, iFit technology and tablet holders. The Grand Tour Pro also comes with a power-adjustable incline feature that mimics a real bike during a climb as opposed to just increasing resistance. Grand Tour bikes are priced at $1,999 for the standard model and $2,499 for the Pro edition.
  • Sport bikes: NordicTrack developed its Sport bike series to mimic a real road bike or a spin class bike. They come with a backlit display that monitors speed, time, distance, calories and heart rate. Riders can customize their work intensity by adjusting resistance with an easy-access knob. Sport bikes also come with a wireless chest pulse strap that displays diagnostics on the center console in real-time. Sport bikes are priced at $399 for the GX 3.5 and $1,299 for the GX 5.5.
  • Recumbent bikes: NordicTrack's three recumbent bike models come with a backlit display, grip heart rate monitors and durable steel construction. Additionally, the Commercial VR25 recumbent bike includes NordicTrack's Bluetooth heart rate chest strap that displays real-time heart rate information on the screen. Each recumbent bike has an ergonomic, cushioned seat with lumbar support and ventilated back. All recumbent bikes are iFit compatible and are priced at $599-$999.
  • Upright bikes: NordicTrack’s three upright bike models come with backlit display screens, heart rate monitor grips, vertical and horizontal seat adjustment and tablet holders. The GX 4.6 Pro model comes with NordicTrack’s Bluetooth chest strap that monitors a rider’s heart rate in real time. Upright bikes are iFit compatible with one-touch controls and have 22-25 resistance levels.
  • Warranties: NordicTrack offers warranties on all of their exercise bikes. Warranties include a lifetime frame warranty, two- to five-year parts warranty and one- to two-year labor warranty.
  • Best for consumers looking for any type of exercise bike for a home gym.

Compare Exercise Bikes