NordicTrack Exercise Bikes

Compare Exercise Bikes

Research top Exercise Bikes recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I went through so many different brands of bikes when I was shopping. I finally found NordicTrack and loved it. It's the best bike I've ever tried. It is so easy and great to use. This was the easiest machine I've ever set up. It was so simple right out of the box. I almost got the store model so I didn't have to do it but I'm happy I didn't.

Setup was very easy since the bike came folded up in a big box so all I had to do was unfold it and snap it into place. It was very easy to use since the instructions were very easy to understand and the display was very simple to use. I like the features of being able to play music, videos or go on social media while I'm riding. I like that it keeps track of my heart rate and blood pressure. I like how comfortable it is and that it keeps track of how many miles I traveled. The features on this bike exceed what I had expected and am very pleased with this product. Overall I would rate this product 10/10.

It is very easy to use, however if the company would have included a DVD or Blu-ray showcasing some of the various uses of certain special features it would make the initial set up a bit easier. I enjoy exercising on the NordicTrack because it is easily portable with the wheels included on the front of the machine. I find it easier to exercise when I am distracted, so bringing the NordicTrack into the living room and working out while watching television is the best way to exercise. When working out, it can be a good measure of how the workout is going by monitoring vitals such as heart rate. It can be frustrating from time to time when the heart rate monitors do not register the rider’s vitals correctly.

Setting it up originally was somewhat difficult with all the pieces that came along with it. But I don't have to worry about moving it or having to tear it down. I keep it in same spot in my workout room. It's comfortable and I can adjust the bike to my size. It's really easy to use, there's no gear to turn, it saves your profile and progress on the screen and you can pick destinations to ride along the screen with. However, I would like to improve the handles on the bike. Wish it could have the option for 10 speed type handlebars, and let everyone work out their most comfortable way.

NordicTrack has smooth pedal, sturdy build, great resistance, durable, and long lasting. I have had this wonderful product for several years and have gotten a great deal of use from it. It is an extremely impressively built piece of machinery. But they could work on making the seat more adjustable for short legs. I'm short so my legs are short. While I enjoy my machine thoroughly, if I were able to reach the pedals, I'd enjoy it even more. It's convenient to put away and store. It's simple to use and I couldn't pick a better exercise for the price and my busy lifestyle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Exercise Bikes?

I like everything about this exercise bike. It was very easy to put together and it is really easy to use. I use it at least once a day. The seat is very comfortable and it is very easy to control. The price was not bad. I really enjoy it and I would recommend it to all my friends and family because it is great.

The pedals are very elementary to be adjusted to the trainer's height. The bicycle is aesthetically pleasing. The pedals and the overall design are very, very, very nice and easy to use for beginners. Also it is easy to maneuver. There is a slight sound the exercise bicycle occasionally makes that is not very pleasant. I admire this exercise pedal equipment substantially! I love it!

The NordicTrack bike is easy to set up and use and straightforward even for those who are technologically challenged. Adjusting the seat is easy and personalizing my workout is not at all difficult. I can easily utilize all features. I like that there is a place for me to put my tablet, that there is a very comfortable seat, the heart rate monitor being in the handles, and that the pedals are large. Fitness tracking features make my workout much easier because I no longer have to use my phone to track everything (heart rate, length, etc.). The only thing that could maybe improve would be adding more workout options, however, this bike already has plenty.

My NordicTrack has an adjustable seat, twist resistance, a water bottle holder, backlit LCD, 40Lb flywheel and a welded steel frame for durability. The resistance settings are just right. However, the adjustment pins and slides are a bit hard to move and could use a better design. It would also be great if they could make these bikes in different colors. Nevertheless, the bike is easy to set up and use. Everything is a breeze once it is put together.

The Nordic Track was probably the easiest workout machine I have used and set up. The bike came pre assembled electronically, wire wise, and most hardware was snap to fit so very little tooling was needed. I was super happy. It is also convenient to the point where I can wake up in the morning and get a workout or get in a workout after the kids go to bed... It is versatile and has many features that are useful. But it gets squeaky after repeated use... It’s only 3 years old but is getting loud so I have tried to oil it, use wd40, and it only temporarily works so that is disappointing for my efforts.

The NordicTrack exercise bike is convenient to the point where I can wake up in the morning and get a workout in, or get in a workout after the kids go to bed. It is versatile and has many features that are useful. Also, it was easy to set up and probably the easiest workout machine I have used and set up. The bike came pre assembled electronically, wire wise, and most hardware was snap to fit so very little tooling was needed and I was super happy. But it gets squeaky after repeated use... so it's only 3 years old but is getting loud so I have tried to oil it, use wd40, and it only temporarily works so that is disappointing for my efforts.

I have been using this brand for years. When I first purchased this product I was really excited to set it up. The packaging was great. Assembling the bike was quite easy. Once it's assembled I starting using it right away. This bike is very easy to use and very comfortable to use. I can use my wireless devices and watch TV while using the bike. This bike makes exercising easy for me on the daily and I feel great while using the bike. What I would improve on this bike would be the design. I would like the bike to be sleek and easier to move around my home. I feel great about choosing this brand and I love the NordicTrack GX 3.5 bike.

The Nordic Track exercise bike is a great purchase overall! It took very little effort to get it all set up and going. The directions were simple and to the point and I had no issues whatsoever. It is also easy to adjust different weights for a more strenuous workout. The seat is very comfortable and grips keep your hands from slipping off while also being comfortable. It would be nice if you could store it away somehow but that just isn't possible. Perhaps a more compact model would be a nice option.

I like the way the exercise bike makes me choose between riding on a level path or uphill, and the speeds. I can also use google maps to simulate different scenes, and I can also do famous bike races and tracks. The setup was really easy, the company I bought it for installed it. The maintenance on the machine is also very easy. I rarely ever have to fix anything, and it works fine. However I don't like the noise that comes from the machine. Some different settings and speeds are very loud. Sometimes the bike seat is very stiff and it's hard to adjust the seat as well. Other than that my bike is very enjoyable.

The NordicTrack bike has 22 resistance levels. Very important, some bikes cut out resistance of 10. The seat is higher than most and this feature was great. Also seat adjustment is easily adjusted with a hand lever. Has calorie counter and measures distance gone. However, the cost of my bike was expensive to say the least so I would change the price or include a payment plan per month. Also, the bike was a bit difficult to put together because it needed a drill and a drill bit and requires some basic mechanical ability. But if you have all that it's not super complicated though for most I can see where it would be a bit complicated. The monitor pads keep coming loose, and the customer service is non-existent.

Assembly instructions were easy to follow. It does help to have two people to assemble as the instructions state. It's very quiet and stable in all aspects of my workout, it also has a oversized comfortable seat. You can also ride this like a real bike, sit down, stand up. I love that it has a bracket for my tablet. I love this the way it is now! I am very happy with my NordicTrack GX.

This NordicTrack bike has 22 resistance levels, very important some bikes cut out resistance of 10. The seat is higher than most and this feature was great, also seat adjustment is easily adjusted with a hand lever. Has calorie counter and measures distance gone. But the cost of my bike was expensive to say the least so I would change the price or include a payment plan per month. Also the bike was a bit difficult to put together, the monitor pads keep coming loose also, and the customer service is non existent. Setting it up was kinda difficult because it needed a drill and a drill bit and requires some basic mechanical ability. But if you have all that its not super complicated though for most I can see where it would be a bit complicated.

NordicTrack exercise bike is easy to adjust different weights for a more strenuous workout. The seat is very comfortable and grips keep your hands from slipping off while also being comfortable. It took very little effort to get it all set up and going. The directions were simple and to the point and I had no issues whatsoever. But it would be nice if you could store it away somehow but that just isn't possible. Perhaps a more compact model would be a nice option.

The Nordic Track brand is durable and reliable for the most part and comes with a decent warranty. It is simple to use, convenient for a quick sweat, sits low and has adjustments for resistance. Basically, sit and pedal. It does have an odometer type device to measure "distance traveled". I have a slightly older model so it does not feature many of the new technological accommodations that are found in newer type exercise bikes. But it is lightweight, compact and provides a fair amount of resistance. It does provide a nice quick workout but I personally prefer getting on a real bike hitting asphalt compared to a stationary exercise bike.

The seat is low and easy to get into and has a display that tells miles or time or a lot of things I never learned how to use. It has this heart rate thing I don't use but it's a comfortable bike. There is only one thing I don't like about my bike and that is you have to plug it in and it is really heavy so when I want to use it I have to ask my husband to move it to an outlet. I am not strong enough to move the bike myself. It has wheels on the back but you have to lift the front. But if it is near an outlet it's easy, press on and ride, select options on your display.

I like the visual screen, and the shape and size of the NordicTrack bike. The soft seating is designed for comfort. The seat is made of superior padding and is covered with vinyl, also it’s very easy to adjust the seat. The seat also moves both up and, down, plus you can merge your files with your fitness. However, the pricing is very high, and it heats up way to hot when using. I’ve actually been burned before after a very intense workout, so this can really be a problem, and should be fixed in later models. It’s compact and very easy to set up, the instructions help immensely when coming to this. It’s also very easy to store away or move from one area of your home to another.

I like the bike's visual screen, and the shape and size of the bike. The soft seating is designed for comfort. The seat is made of superior padding and is covered with vinyl. Also, it's very easy to adjust the seat. The seat also moves both up and down, plus you can merge your files with your fitness. It's compact and very easy to set up. It's also very easy to store away or move from one area of your home to another. The instructions help immensely when coming to this. However, the pricing is very high, and it heats up way too hot when using. I've actually been burned before after a very intense workout, so this can really be a problem, and should be fixed in later NordicTrack models.

Operating my NordicTrack Exercise Bike is really easy and it has 20 something different levels so sure its easy and can be challenging if you want it to be. I like The Ifit coach, plans daily exercise, and I love that I can put my tablet on the machine and watch my own pick of movies while I work out. It makes the workout go faster, and I get to work out while be entertained. It is the first exercise bike I have ever had that I enjoy totally.

I have a Nordic Track exercise bike and I like the workout apps. They really help me to design my daily routine on the bike. Also the touchscreen and the tablet holder are both really great features, I like that I am able to have my iPad up on the bike set up with me. However, the frame of the exercise bike is a little too big for my tastes, takes up a lot of room in my living room. Setting up the bike is difficult to do alone considering the size and the lack of clarity in the instruction manual. I had to call for assistance and also ask a friend to come over and help set it up.

The best exercise bike that this company makes. With a lifetime warranty on all parts if they ever break or stop working or stop performing to my standards. They had about 10 different models that I could have chosen from. Also the machine came in 5 different colors and styles ranging from $100 dollars to 800.00. The bike is located in my basement along with other equipment. The bike stays set up at all times. That is good for me because I don't have to move it or set it up. I like all the features on this bike because I paid over $300.00 for this machine. High & low speeds. Up & down motions. It feels like you are climbing up a hill or going down a hill. From 10 different speeds plus it also keep all of my data for at least 4 months until I change it.

I like that the NordicTrack's seat is low and easy to get into and has a display that tells miles or time or a lot of things I never learned how to use. It has this heart rate thing I don't use. It's a comfortable bike. Although there is only one thing I don't like about my bike and that is you have to plug it in and it is really heavy so when I want to use it I have to ask my husband to move it to an outlet. I am not strong enough to move the bike myself. It has wheels on the back but you have to lift the front but if it is near an outlet it's easy, press on and ride, select options on your display. Easy!

I like that my NordicTrack Exercise Bike has wifi and live tv plus built in workout. It is one of the best things to buy. I'm able to track my progress and it is very easy to use. I love to use it on a day to day basis. All you have to do is go to quick start and can start off by yourself or you can pick a routine based in your height and by your weight.

This bike is very simple to use, so simple it's almost unbelievable. I just hop on the bike, and I start out very smoothly. It's already set up in my exercise room, so there is no hassle. A 40 lb flywheel, a padded saddle seat, multi position handlebars, a smooth chain drive system. Easy to sit on seat. I can adjust the paddles to go smoothly or hard. I love bike so much, I sometimes talk to it just as if the bike were alive. This is very fun to exercise on.

I love the bike. Space saver, ability to change speeds, the quality and manufacture warranty, ease of assembly, soft set extra padding, easy to adjust seat, holds my tablet in place, can download iFit operation, ability to move from different rooms with ease. There are no issues. I researched before I bought it so I knew what I was getting and got what I wanted. Easy delivery. Set up in less than a hour. The training tools are easy to download. I'm tall so using different levels of height is easy to handle. Instruction book is easy to read. Not hard to understand dialogue.

Nordic Track is sturdy and I like the fact it has all these LED readouts telling me all kinds of info like heart rate and how far I have ridden so far. Also, it monitors your blood pressure while riding the bike. The only things that had to be put together were the seat, the pedals and the LED readout had to be put on too. All in all, it was easy to set up and use. It's perfect as is.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it began in 1975 with its ski machine, NordicTrack has gone on to thrive after being acquired by Icon Health and Fitness in 1998, making a full line of fitness equipment including exercise bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, rowers and incline trainers. Its line of exercise bikes include upright, recumbent and sport bikes. Most bike models are iFit capable.

• Grand Tour bikes: NordicTrack’s Grand Tour exercise bikes come with web-enabled touchscreen displays, iFit technology and tablet holders. The Grand Tour Pro also comes with a power-adjustable incline feature that mimics a real bike during a climb as opposed to just increasing resistance. Grand Tour bikes are priced at $1,999 for the standard model and $2,499 for the Pro edition.
  • Sport bikes: NordicTrack developed its Sport bike series to mimic a real road bike or a spin class bike. They come with a backlit display that monitors speed, time, distance, calories and heart rate. Riders can customize their work intensity by adjusting resistance with an easy-access knob. Sport bikes also come with a wireless chest pulse strap that displays diagnostics on the center console in real-time. Sport bikes are priced at $399 for the GX 3.5 and $1,299 for the GX 5.5.
  • Recumbent bikes: NordicTrack's three recumbent bike models come with a backlit display, grip heart rate monitors and durable steel construction. Additionally, the Commercial VR25 recumbent bike includes NordicTrack's Bluetooth heart rate chest strap that displays real-time heart rate information on the screen. Each recumbent bike has an ergonomic, cushioned seat with lumbar support and ventilated back. All recumbent bikes are iFit compatible and are priced at $599-$999.
  • Upright bikes: NordicTrack’s three upright bike models come with backlit display screens, heart rate monitor grips, vertical and horizontal seat adjustment and tablet holders. The GX 4.6 Pro model comes with NordicTrack’s Bluetooth chest strap that monitors a rider’s heart rate in real time. Upright bikes are iFit compatible with one-touch controls and have 22-25 resistance levels.
  • Warranties: NordicTrack offers warranties on all of their exercise bikes. Warranties include a lifetime frame warranty, two- to five-year parts warranty and one- to two-year labor warranty.
  • Best for consumers looking for any type of exercise bike for a home gym.

Compare Exercise Bikes