NordicTrack Exercise Bikes

Compare Exercise Bikes

Research top Exercise Bikes recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I like the NordicTrack products. I like the moving handlebars in the NordicTrack Exercise Bikes so I can work out my arms at the same time. This way my workout time takes the least amount of time possible and I'm working out more than one area of my body. I set the height for me. I'm only five 1 1/2 so I have to adjust the seat and since I'm the only one using it, it's not a hassle. I can set a timer if I would like and I could make it harder or easy to pedal. I'm used to it and it’s pretty comfortable. I like it as it is. I'm happy with it and I'm glad I purchased it.

NordicTrack is easy to set up, I just get on the seat, push the digital button and start cycling. It is simple. Tracking of calories burned is the main feature I like. The seat is comfortable so it doesn't hurt after sitting on it for an extended amount of time. However, it could be made wider. I am pleased with the bike even if it's 10 years old.

I own a NordicTrack bike. It is fun to use and it was easy to assemble. I feel like I am getting the best workout and I like that it has a back-supporting chair-like seat that is perfect for me since I have lower back problems and in-handle controls so I can adjust without having to lose my grip. The bike does everything I want to. Plus, it comes with a tablet holder so I can listen to music or watch a show.

I like the speed settings in the NordicTrack Exercise Bikes as well as the seat. It is very comfortable angle and easy to reach the pedals. The height is adjustable for all people and I like the way the pedals react with the set up for the chain that drives the friction wheel. It works well on all levels. I would also like if it were a little easier to adjust the handlebars since it takes a while to reset it for another person. The setup took a little time and had to keep referring to the owner’s manual to find the parts needed to assemble the machine. Each of the parts were numbered in the instructions. But other products I've assembled had each part laid out in the instructions so it was easier to find the part instead of guessing which went where.

The NordicTrack bike was super easy to use and with the front mounted transport wheels it was easy to roll and fit perfectly in the closet. I was also impressed by how light it was when transporting it. I really enjoyed the adjustable seat that went both vertical and horizontally. The ride was smooth and extremely comfortable. The digital panel was simple and easy to use. The one touch control was genius. It was also pretty cool to use the 30 workout preset application designed by personal trainers. However, I was not impressed with the breeze from the auto adjusting fan. It was irritating and dried my face. The manufacturer warranty was also a bit disappointing. It only covered the parts for 1 year.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Exercise Bikes?

It was a little difficult setting up my NordicTrack exercise bike. I got a little frustrated but then my husband and son finished setting it up for me. I only had a little trouble operating it the first couple of times but once I got use to it no problems. I like many of my features on my exercise bike. The size of the bike is very comfortable and I love that it has the heart and pulse monitoring and the adjustable seat and handles. Everything is very satisfying to me personally. Only thing that I would change is the color.

The NordicTrack bike was easy to set up. I asked the man at the shop where I bought it to walk me through the steps so that when I got home the setup would be a bit more familiar to me. Operating the bike is quite simple. The pedals were comfortable, the gears in the bike made cycling easier for a older person and the tension was comfortable for me. I like the built in fan and timer. It also had a holder for a book or magazine and I could plug my iPad into a slot which was important to me. If I could improve anything about this bike it would be that it has a changing scenery screen like the Peloton has. It would make me work much longer because my interest would be held.

The NordicTrack bike was very easy to set up and I leave it set up so I can just get on it and use it each day. Depending on how long I use it it is sometimes difficult but I push myself. The upright and easy to use the style is wonderful and my fiance uses it on a daily basis. It's great to use each day and that makes it even better but I wish it was a multi function piece of equipment so I didn't have to have so many pieces of workout equipment in one room. They just make everything look cluttered.

I love being able to push myself to the limit and proficiently exercise on the NordicTrack Exercise Bike. I bought it pre-built and it's very easy to use. The display is easy to see. Furthermore, it doesn't read like Chinese so it's very easy to understand. I love racing against my friends and competing. As such, my favorite feature is being able to track my speed. However, the bike looks and feels very old, straight out of the nineteen nineties and I would update the design. Nevertheless, I would recommend it to my friends.

My husband set up my NordicTrack bike for me and he did not find it that difficult. It is next to my bed so it's the first thing that I see in the morning. That way my brain knows that I have to exercise first thing. I have a really good routine going in the morning. I went from sitting down doing nothing everyday to having more energy, losing weight and getting more toned up.

It is easy to use. I have back issues so walking and running are stressful to my back. I only wish the seat was a little more comfortable but otherwise I absolutely love my NordicTrack. I love sitting on my bike reading my emails while I pedal and get some exercise in before and after work. I can use it anytime because it is inside so weather is not an issue. I highly recommend using a NordicTrack stationary bike if you have certain medical issues or if you would like to start to exercise.

NordicTrack was quite easy to use. It is also easily stored and I am quite happy with it. This is one of the best exercise bikes out there. It's made well and works adequately. I use it every other day to help keep me in shape and feeling good. They all do a great job.

NordicTrack was easy to use but I did have some help setting it up. Not a lot just one other person. Once set up everything was running fine. It's always sometimes difficult to read the instructions as they come in so many different languages. I like the timer clock setting on the machine. Easy to see and read. Adjustability was an issue that took some time to get used to but once that was done, it all worked out for the best. I wish that it sometimes had some more settings and features like different modes to help make the exercise a bit more variety. Some other devices has like uphill and downhill modes and things. More along those lines and just different things to make each time a new experience.

NordicTrack is trusted brand that I feel safe to purchase since I know the brand makes quality merchandise. I like the LCD screen and water bottle holder is good so I can stay hydrated while working out without having to get up. Setting it up, you simply sit on it, adjust it so it's more comfortable, select the mode you wish to do on the LCD screen, begin the workout. When done, turn off LCD screen and get off bike. However, I wish there are more adjustments for height since I am quite tiny and more padded of a seat since my fibromyalgia requires me to seek out more comfortable options so I'm not in pain while working out.

I love my NordicTrack exercise bikes. I get a great workout with it. I am 55 years old yet my legs are so strong and toned. I am so proud of myself... On the reviews that I have seen my Nordic Track is rated number one by industry. My bike is perfect and so effective that I could not do without it. I keep it set up all the time in my exercise room so that is always available to me. If the weather is bad I have my exercise bike and wait to go jogging on a nice day.

I love the styling of this bike, both myself and my boyfriend use it but he more than me because I also swim daily for exercise. My boyfriend set it up and he did it quickly without any problems. I love it as it is and it doesn’t need any improvements. The pedals are smooth and easy, and I would recommend it to anyone.

I own a NordicTrack and I love that it is comfortable, easy to use and it has iFIT live technology that allows you to communicate your computer via the internet. It also has memory cards that consist of workouts. I would improve the technology by getting it updated. The way you set up the bike is first putting it together. It is really simple and you only had to follow the instructions which were word for word. Once you get it to work you just have to press to start button and click on what level of resistance you would like to have. I love exercise bike with a passion and don't have a problem with it.

The NordicTrack exercise bike is a reliable bike that is sturdy. My bike is already assembled. It isn't collapsible so it's very easy to use. I just hop on it when it's time for my workout then wipe it down when I'm through. Furthermore, it has a nice display that allows me to keep track of my progress very precisely over time so I can measure my improvement. Still, I wish I had the model that has a TV screen so I could do the spin-class type workouts that I know are offered.

It took me an hour to set up my NordicTrack. Even though it takes up less space than I thought, it's difficult to move so I leave it in the living room. The display was also a little tough to get to work but it shows all the information I need. I just have problems seeing it. The design is modern and the bike feels sturdy and durable, even for larger people, and it's fairly quiet. However, the seat is uncomfortable so I put a bike cushion on it. The bike is also awkward to move. I would like the position of the handle bar and set be able to accommodate roads bike and mountain bike postures.

NordicTrack exercise bike is a great innovation and has trendy style. Easy to understand what to do for a fun work out. Has been a great way to get in shape really fast. The bike is quite suitable and has no uncontrollable features that will make you unhappy and many good features that will allow you to get a great deal of information about your work outs. It also came fully automated and is not a problem setting up. Many more convenient access to great graphics for you to know what to expect as you want them to work best.

The NordicTrack GX 4.7 is a great stationary exercise bike!! I really like that I can track my progress as I go! The fan is nice but I find I don't use it as much as I thought I would when I first bought it. I like that I can listen to my music through the speaks on the bike. The seating is very comfortable and the settings to operate it are simple and easy to control. It is a very simple, comfortable and yet very effective way to work out. It was also relatively easy to assemble if you follow the directions! It was not overly time consuming to figure out how to use it, which I really liked!

The NordicTrack bike was relatively easy to set up though it did require two people to unbox and put together due to the electronics and the instructions could have been made with detailed pictures for us as readers. I like that I can see how fast I am pedaling as well as speed and calories I have burned. I can adjust the tension like I am going up hill or coasting for an easier workout. However, the NordicTrack bike is pricey for what I wanted. It does not have videos that would make me believe that I am riding through enchanted forests working out and escaping life.

The setup process is pretty easy using the manual provided. I only wasted about 30 minutes setting up my NordicTrack exercise bike. I really like it. It has a screen that can be connected to my phone using Bluetooth to track my fitness data. However, I don't really like the design that much. The seat is kind of hard to sit on and the overall smoothness could be improved a little bit more. But it is very comfortable to exercise on and I can adjust my daily exercise workout with it. Maintaining it is also easy. It doesn't need a lot of fixing.

It was difficult to set up by myself. Should have had help to attach tension bar. But it is easy to use. It also converts to an elliptical which allows me to vary my workout throughout the week depending on what I want to accomplish. However, the gait of the pedals is too short when using it as an elliptical. I'd like for this feature to be adjustable. It's not bad as a bike but to use while standing is awkward. The bike seat tends to get in the way while standing. Though I like that it counts distance and calories. Computer tracking is also easy to follow. No issues with the computer system and tracking of progress.

NordicTrack is easy to use. Water bottle holder is nice! Control panel is easy to understand and I like the fact that it is very user-friendly and not much difficulty. Easy to set up and very simple process. This was exciting and Directions were easy to understand. Out of box and the time to set up to use is very easy and I liked that. Seat is small along with the feet straps. Bigger people have difficulty and seat is uncomfortable. I'd like to see a bigger, more universal seat.

I like that NordicTrack lets me set goals for myself on the bike and that I can set the power of the bike to my own liking. But I would like to add more features like more maps, more customizable things to do on the bike, set higher goals. It's pretty easy to use though... its not so modern like the newer bikes they have out now but they're okay. I like it.

We used this bike (NordicTrack Grand Tour iFit) about 20 times, then the iFit software program stopped working. It is in a constant state of LOOP between the iFit blue page and white page. After following the instructions online, for this specific problem, it still won't reload the program. What a waste of hours of time to try to resolve this problem and it still doesn't work! Very expensive bike that doesn't work!!! Advise to read all the complaints online about it, before you buy it! Worst investment in exercise equipment ever. Plus, very poor customer support.

Unique and different from others. It was easy to set up. You had to connect the computerized screen and then screw all the components together. After you had everything attached it required four D cell batteries which were kind of tricky to put in the back of the computerized attachment. It has a screen that you use to track what exercises you are doing and it lets you know calories burned and miles done. It is kind of simplistic and yet easy to enjoy. However, it is a little hard to get into the groove of it. Some of the time I just feel like it isn't doing much for me in the way of exercises as it is quite repetitive.

The set up process was fairly easy and was step by step and using it was not something that took long to get used to. Once set with a routine, this bike became a necessity when doing my fitness routine. The time counter and the speedometer are two great features about this bike that I really do value, this way I can keep track of how long I pedal and how fast I can pedal for a certain period/amount of time. I dislike that the bike doesn't have a calorie counter. I would really like to see how many calories per hour I have burned in a certain time period. And/or a weight counter to where you can input your weight when first beginning and then a place to input the ideal weight and time frame of when the desired weight is reached.

It is easy to use, I just have to hop on, adjust my settings then begin my routine. It is small enough to fit in my extra bedroom without taking up a lot of space, it also has adjustable settings so I can increase the level of difficulty so I don't get bored quickly. There really is not much to owning or operating the bike. I have seen models that are collapsible, but those do not have the extra features, they are more basic models. Also, I would like equipment that can transform into other equipment or workout tools like a way to do squats or floor exercises in combination with riding the bike.

I have had this bike for many years and I don't remember it being difficult to put together. It tracks miles and calories and uses batteries to show the display. It's also easy to use and the seat adjusts to different heights; however, changing seat height is a little difficult.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it began in 1975 with its ski machine, NordicTrack has gone on to thrive after being acquired by Icon Health and Fitness in 1998, making a full line of fitness equipment including exercise bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, rowers and incline trainers. Its line of exercise bikes include upright, recumbent and sport bikes. Most bike models are iFit capable.

• Grand Tour bikes: NordicTrack’s Grand Tour exercise bikes come with web-enabled touchscreen displays, iFit technology and tablet holders. The Grand Tour Pro also comes with a power-adjustable incline feature that mimics a real bike during a climb as opposed to just increasing resistance. Grand Tour bikes are priced at $1,999 for the standard model and $2,499 for the Pro edition.
  • Sport bikes: NordicTrack developed its Sport bike series to mimic a real road bike or a spin class bike. They come with a backlit display that monitors speed, time, distance, calories and heart rate. Riders can customize their work intensity by adjusting resistance with an easy-access knob. Sport bikes also come with a wireless chest pulse strap that displays diagnostics on the center console in real-time. Sport bikes are priced at $399 for the GX 3.5 and $1,299 for the GX 5.5.
  • Recumbent bikes: NordicTrack's three recumbent bike models come with a backlit display, grip heart rate monitors and durable steel construction. Additionally, the Commercial VR25 recumbent bike includes NordicTrack's Bluetooth heart rate chest strap that displays real-time heart rate information on the screen. Each recumbent bike has an ergonomic, cushioned seat with lumbar support and ventilated back. All recumbent bikes are iFit compatible and are priced at $599-$999.
  • Upright bikes: NordicTrack’s three upright bike models come with backlit display screens, heart rate monitor grips, vertical and horizontal seat adjustment and tablet holders. The GX 4.6 Pro model comes with NordicTrack’s Bluetooth chest strap that monitors a rider’s heart rate in real time. Upright bikes are iFit compatible with one-touch controls and have 22-25 resistance levels.
  • Warranties: NordicTrack offers warranties on all of their exercise bikes. Warranties include a lifetime frame warranty, two- to five-year parts warranty and one- to two-year labor warranty.
  • Best for consumers looking for any type of exercise bike for a home gym.

Compare Exercise Bikes