2.37/5
Based on 40 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 24, 2018

135 NordicTrack Exercise Bikes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

Worst experience ever. Waited 4 months for a bike that originally came out of the box broken. Told they would send parts and they never came. Spent over 2 hours on hold over numerous phone calls. They only take calls to sell new equipment. They will transfer you 3-4 times and each time you have to explain again what you are calling about, Completely dysfunctional company. Recommend steering clear if you value your time and money. An unbelievable experience to say the least.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I bought online a NordicTrack studio bike S22i this year in January and the website failed to indicate that the product was a preorder. It took two months to receive the bike and when I did there were many components broken on it. Called to exchange for a new bike and was told that they were sold out but that there would be a new shipment on 4/10 and 4/22. Well that never happened. Once 4/22 passed with no bike being shipped to me I called and was told it would ship in a week. That didn’t happen so I called again and was told it would ship in a week. That didn’t happen so I called again and was told it would ship in two weeks, again didn’t happen. Called again and was told an email was sent to sales manager to find out what was going on and I would receive a phone call back. That never happened. Called again and was told they would receive bikes on 6/4 and that they would ship to me within a week but that was not a guarantee.

Last phone call was with Anna who said she was a manager who kept trying to talk over me and wouldn’t listen to what I was saying which escalated my frustration. She then had the audacity to tell me when I kept talking that I was talking over her and that she would end the call if I continued to express my frustration. So I canceled the order and ordered a Peloton with a scheduled delivery date within a week. Would never recommend NordicTrack to anyone. Misleading advertising and rude customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2018

NordicTrack VR25E 2018 Review. Delivery was quick. It only took 6 days from order to delivery. The bike arrived in two large boxes. Both boxes were damaged on arrival and the bike had several scuff marks, but no major physical damage. I would say that the packing was not adequate considering the weight of the unit. Assembly was not very difficult until I got to the point of installing the seat onto the rail. To hold the seat in position, there is a mechanical clamp with three plastic pads that are glued onto a steel plate. One of the three pads snapped off before I even got close to mounting the seat. Fortunately, I noticed before I finished setting up the bike. I then used epoxy and a clamp to glue the part back on. Then, when I was finally installing the seat again, another of the plastic pieces popped off. Another 6 hours with epoxy and a clamp and I finally had the seat mounted.

The seat clamp mechanism is rather awkward to use while seated on the bike. I would much prefer the sort of spring-loaded, latch that others have even if that would mean limiting the seat to a specific set of positions. The NordicTrack allows you to clamp the seat into any position, but the difficulty of doing so is not a good trade.

The position of the tablet mount above the bike display is far too high for comfortable use. There’s no way you would want to browse the web or do anything that requires frequently touching the tablet screen in that position. Even reading would be difficult since each time you turn a page, you would have to strain to reach it. I’m 5’ 10” and when seated with my back against the back-rest, my fingertips are 9 inches short of reaching the tablet. You have to lean far forward to reach it.

There’s a second position to set a tablet on a ledge in front of the bike’s control panel, but this obviously blocks the bike’s display. If you really want to use the tablet, though, this should be OK. Unfortunately, the ledge is too deep such that it covers up a small portion of the bottom of the tablet. I’ll have to find something to place in the bottom of the ledge in order to raise the tablet a bit.

Then you come to the built-in workout. So far, I only tried the “free trial” workout. Whoever thought it was a great idea to show Google Street Views during a work-out must have been seriously out of touch. It’s a sequence of still images, not a flowing video. The images are low resolution. Half the time, you are apparently looking out the back of a vehicle directly at on-coming traffic. However, the sequence of the shots is such that all of the traffic is going backward! On top of that, you are viewing from a position about 10 feet high, so there’s really no feeling of being on a bike. And then there are images interspersed that are completely unexpected. Like staring straight out over water, or facing a wall, or facing a building or crowd of people. On top of all this, the resistance seems to be unrelated to the terrain you are viewing. It’s simply a terrible experience!

The bike operation is relatively smooth. Transition between resistance levels is continuous. The fan is quite loud and the angle cannot be adjusted. It would have been nice to have the ability to adjust the tilt, especially for taller and shorter users. The heart rate monitor was useless in my limited trial. The reading was less than half of what my Apple Watch was reporting. I’m quite certain the Apple watch was accurate. There’s no way I was at 55-65 bpm halfway through the ride. If I let go with my left hand, the sensor readout was unaffected. When I let go with my right, it instantly went to zero. Perhaps there is an electrical issue? I haven’t tried iFit. After that terrible free trial, I’m not sure why I would want to spend money on it.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Ordered Grand Tour Pro bike early January. I would rate as a negative -10 if I could! Bike was on backorder and delayed for 6 weeks. Bike was finally delivered and didn't work properly. The tension was so strong on the lowest level I could barely pedal. Called customer service (on hold for 45 mins) and they guessed it was a motor than something called the Eddy Mech. They ordered both and we have yet to receive the Eddy Mech which is what the problem is. The motor works just fine as you can hear it. We called back about the Eddy Mech (on hold for over an hour). The part was on backorder and not available for over 6-8 weeks. They then transferred me around. Said they would take the part off a new bike and send it. 10 more days go by. Call back to customer service (on hold 40 mins) and they have no record of the new part being taken off a new bike.

At this point we demanded our money back and we would return the bike. After being transferred to returns and refunds (on hold additional 45 mins) We were informed the bike would be picked up and a full refund would be processed. In the meantime, our second NordicTrack financing bill comes and we are charged for an additional bike!!! The additional bike was due to the fact that the original was their 2017 bike but was on backorder and discontinued so they shipped us the new 2018 model and charged us for it in addition to the 2017 model. Called customer service. On hold 45 mins then transferred to returns and refunds. Again on hold an additional 40 mins. They were rude and interrupted numerous times. They said no one could pick up the bike so we could just discard it on our own!!!

Unbelievable! They couldn't verify the refund and when we would receive it and then the call was disconnected! I called back, again hold twice for over 30 mins each before I got to returns and refunds. I again was met with rude and unbelievably horrible customer service. They confirmed the bike should be discarded by me! I asked for a email to be sent to me while on the phone confirming I could discard it and that it wouldn't come back to haunt me later. They then verified both bikes would be refunded in full. Again, I asked for another email confirming the exact amount that would be refunded. They sent both emails so we will see. This has by far been the worst purchase and experience of my life! I am convinced they just hope you give up with all of the long hold times. I would discourage anyone from purchasing from NordicTrack! Can't even believe they are in business still.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I ordered the bike in Nov. and today (Feb 26, 2018) they told us the bike is no longer in stock and discontinued. Cannot believe. Also customer service is very poor. When you call company it takes 1 hour for them to answer every time. We have made around 7 calls so far. Very disappointed and never buy your product again. Thanks. There are always other companies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NordicTrack Exercise Bikes?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I was contacted by the delivery company to deliver the 1st FreeStride Trainer FS7i. I paid for "White Glove" delivery & they said they would deliver to the garage & that was it. So I had to deal with getting that corrected. They delivered the machine & the installer assembled the machine incorrectly & attempted to fix but he couldn't. Also, the incline motor was bad. I finally got in contact with NordicTrack two days later because if you call customer service, be prepared to be on the phone at least an hour. And by the way, during my whole ordeal, I have spent at least 12 hours on the phone trying to get the equipment. Customer Service said they would get someone out to take care of me. Three days later, I had to call them again because I received an email saying the incline motor was back ordered & did not have an ETA.

I called again and after an hour I was able to speak to a Rep & I told them I wanted a new machine since I was having all this trouble. He said he would get me a new one coming along with an SR25 bike I had on order at the same time as the FreeStride, that had never showed up. By the way, I placed this order on 12/20/17 for both machines. This past Friday, 02/16/18, my new FreeStride showed up along with the Bike SR25 to be set in place. So far, the FreeStride seems to be working but when they assembled the bike, they screwed it up. I went to use the bike the 1st time and after about five revolutions, the left pedal fell off. I looked at it & could tell the threads had been cross threaded. I was able to get it back on straight but it will not stay on. I decided to check the right pedal to make sure it was okay.

When I went to make sure it was tight, it was very obvious that the threads were stripped on it. So now, I have an SR25 bike I can't use AND I still have the 1st FreeStride machine they haven't picked up yet. AND, the console on the SR25 Bike wobbles so bad, I am waiting on it to fall off. I called Customer Service & they are supposed to be having someone back out to fix the Bike with new pedals & the part the pedals are attached to & to fix the console securely in place. I was told I would be refunded my delivery/ assembly charges for both machines. But I have yet to see it. I also feel NordicTrack should give me a 3 year warranty for both machines due to the issues. To be continued...

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Submitted a service request for a Grand Tour Pro that needed repairs less than a year after purchase. First issue was that customer service didn't have my product registration info even though I had the registration confirmation. Then it took 4 calls to customer service to have a tech contact me to schedule the repair. On the scheduled day, the tech never showed up or called. Had to contact CS again which is painful because of the very long hold time by phone or online chat. Now waiting for a different tech to contact me. Over 2 weeks since placing the service request and I'm no closer to getting anything fixed. Very poor customer service for such an expensive product. Would never buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have used the NordicTrack GX 4.7 recumbent bike for three years and until the last three months it worked great! Now the pedals slip and I find that this has been a major failure issue with the bike. I also find that it will cost $450 to repair. This is very disturbing. I always thought NordicTrack had a great reputation but now find out that they have faulty equipment.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Ordered Grand Tour Pro 15 Nov. Got email and phone call for in-home delivery saying delivery would be between 1100 and 3:00. Delivery was never made until 7:00pm. Technicians were hurried because it was so late, and left pedal and crank arm threads got stripped so bike couldn’t be put into use. Was given a choice to order replacement parts at no cost or refuse the shipment. Wish now I had refused the shipment, but they had the rest of it put together and had to climb to the second floor to do so and nearly knocked pictures off my wall getting the crate up the stairs to begin with.

It took a month to get replacement parts after the unit was delivered, and then when I rode it for the first time, I could barely pedal it at level 1. Turns out this model simulates increased tension at level 1 with 0% grade and if you want it to pedal easier, you have to decrease the grade at least to -8 and then feel like you are constantly falling forward off the bike. It’s the most uncomfortable bike I’ve ever ridden. Another issue is that when you decline the bike for downhill simulation, the tension on the hydraulic movement pops as if it’s about to break. I never should have bought this bike.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Whatever you do -- do not buy one of these bikes (NordicTrack Grand Tour). The resistance on level 1 is very hard and makes no sense as it should be 'relax' mode. When you call them you are on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes and we waited over ONE hour to get a number to process a return for their inferior bike. Why the reps don't tell you about the resistance before you buy is beyond me. DO NOT BUY FROM NORDICTRACK.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I ordered a bike end of November 2017 in anticipation of a delivery for Christmas. No big deal if a few days late since it was for myself but, when I called after Christmas 4 days in a row, each time I waited more than 30 minutes before I hung up. I finally got through and was given a number to the delivery people whom I paid an extra $149 for special delivery and set up and that number I called I think had a generic answering machine that said "you have 12 callers ahead of you" because every time I called it said the same number... ha ha. Then it said leave your number and order number and someone would call back.

It's been 3 days. No callback. I can't get a chat as the chat never works either for Nordic or the Delivery company. Worse customer service! I just don't know how companies stay in business with this type of service. Only reason I ordered this is because I owned a NordicTrack Elliptical years ago and was very satisfied with the quality. If I ever get my bike I'll see if this was all worth it -- NOT!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I was shopping between NordicTrack and Peloton for one of their high-end exercise machines. I went with NordicTrack because their advertisement promised delivery and home set-up "by Christmas." Now, NordicTrack is telling me that somewhere around the 30th of December, someone will contact me to set up a date for future delivery. It is like they didn't know when Christmas was going to be this year. Just another perfect example of when honesty takes a back seat to sales quotas.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We purchased a NordicTrack AudioRider R400 a few years ago while living in another state. Upon moving to another state we decided to not move the machine and instead gave it to an elderly friend who was recovering from hip surgery. She has used this machine religiously ever since. However, I received a phone call from her indicating the drive belt had broken and she was having trouble getting a new part because Nordic Track had no information on the unit being registered. I do not recall whether we actually registered it or not but told her I would look into getting a repair belt for her. I found the part number on Nordic's website, put it in the cart, went to checkout, filled out all the information including credit card information. I then hit the submit button and nothing happened. I hit it again and nothing happened. I went back through the entire process and hit submit again. Nothing happened.

I clicked on the chat button for help but got a chatbot which could not comprehend what a website issue was and would not roll me over to someone or something that did. I then clicked on the contact email, but it would not send an email without all the specifics on the piece of equipment, which I did not have, living in another state. I then tried two different customer service numbers and was told on each that my phone number did not match anything in their database so the phonebot would not forward me to a representative.

I obtained a third number through a chat on their main website. I finally reached a humanoid who was at least pleasant. I asked if there was any way he could check and see if an order had come through. His response was for me to check with my credit card company to see if any charges went through!!! I gave him the part number I wanted, but he still needed a key number from the parts illustration. I gave him that, and he verified that the part was available, but that I would need to register in order to place an order. In attempting to do that, I was again blockaded because my phone number was not in the database. I have no idea how this company can sell such expensive products and have a nonworking customer support system.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I ordered a recumbent bike and it came broken. The inner part of the wheel made horrible grinds and there was no tension control. I was told that a part would be shipped and that when it arrived, a service agent would come to fix it. I repeatedly called the agent and only got voice mail. When I contacted the office, they spoke to the service agent and I was then told that he may call me within two days to schedule a repair date. I expected the product to work and am now being told that it could take weeks to repair, I am stunned. I bought an American product and this is what has happened. The customer is supposedly king but not here.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I ordered a bike 6/27/2017 and was told I would receive it in less than 2 weeks. It is now 7/21/2017 and still haven't received my bike. I've called NordicTrack 3 times and now have been told that these bikes are out of stock. I've never been told this bike was out of stock. I find it so disappointing that there is such little regard for their customers. Everytime I call, I would get different information. I ended up canceling this bike and will probably go to Peloton. It is probably a better bike anyway and has to be better customer service!

Original review: July 7, 2017

I enjoy the NordicTrack bike. It is very easy to ride. I can also tell a difference in my legs after I ride for a few weeks. Setting up is no problem too. I have the NordicTrack in my wash room and I ride whenever I want. The only problem is it takes up a lot of space. I wish it was smaller and I could fold it. I also get bored after the first FIVE miles. I am ready to get off and do something else. Also, the bike is a little high for a woman even though I am 5’9 inches tall. It is hard for me to get on and off. I am sometimes afraid I will fall or get my foot stuck.

Original review: July 5, 2017

It really is a nice bike that I have used for a long time. I really like all of the different features that the bike has. I like that I am able to adjust the strength on the pedals. I always make sure to repeat the same process to prevent injury. So first, I just warm up and stretch to prevent injury. I then make sure that my seat is adjusted, and make sure the pedals are at a decent strength. However, one of the only things that I dislike or would improve about the exercise bike is the way the seat adjusts. I am having trouble finding a comfortable height because I am between 2 height options.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I had bought the bike fully assemble so it was not really a problem for me to set up. All I had to do was find a good spot for it and learn about the features that it had to be able to operate it nicely. I like all the feature and I approve of all of them and think it works very nicely and I couldn't be happier using this bike. I like how comfortable the bike is to ride and how comfortable the seat and pedals are to use when I'm riding the bike. I like the screen features and the technology that it has involved using it. It has a smooth ride to it and I like that a lot.

Original review: June 28, 2017

NordicTrack is a comfortable recumbent bike with a wide variety of options for resistance, goals, and settings. I like that it has an incredibly comfortable seat, since I have back problems. It was a one-time set-up which took a little over half an hour. However, the fan is a joke. I set up a fan to have it blowing on me to cool me down when I work out. Aside from that, I don't have any other issues with the bike. I use the bike several times week, and I love it. I love that I can change the resistance settings as I get stronger and faster.

Original review: June 26, 2017

NordicTrack is definitely worth considering if you are looking for an exercise bike. I did a lot of research and compared different exercise bikes and I very much like this equipment. It’s very economical for the price. It’s easy to use, very quiet and doesn't take up much room.

Original review: June 23, 2017

It was a wonderful bike that was great for getting a nice quick workout and getting your cardio and leg work accomplished. You can get the perfect fit for yourself and your body when you want to do you work out with its multiposition in nonslip grips that can be adjusted vertically and horizontally. It was very easy to put together. It was just a few simple steps and I was on it and riding it.

Original review: June 22, 2017

NordicTrack is well built with very sturdy construction and is really easy to operate. It's very strong but light enough to move alone because of the built in wheels and strong handles. It's small enough for a small room and is a pleasure for anyone of any age to use. It's also a good way to learn to ride a bike. Very easy setup. The instructions were easy to follow and the linking to internet is wonderful and modern. Overall this was the best exercise machine for me and I think everything about this machine is great.

Original review: June 9, 2017

My NordicTrack is a very good purchase for the money that I spent on it. It is easy to set up and use, durable and the bike rides smoothly and the handles aren't too far from the seat. Seat goes up and down easily and the handle bars adjust forward and back easily, too. The pedals operate smoothly and there is no binding and has nice grips. The range of motion is easy on my hips and there is no fatigue when I use the bike. It is overall very comfortable to use and it is one of the best I have tried out.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I like that the NordicTrack bike has different types of tension that can be used and it has a digital reader that tells me how fast, how many calories and how many miles I'm going. I also like that it fits in the corner of my living room as well but I do not like that I am unable to fold the machine up in any way to make it smaller. Setting up is as easy or as hard as I want it to be considering that I can change the tension to feel like I am riding a bike uphill. It's easy without tension but harder with but in a good way.

Original review: June 8, 2017

It came from the store already set up. I like the seat and how comfortable it is. I like the look and how it fits perfectly into my bedroom without taking up a lot of space. I like that it is simple and easy to use. All the features are great. Other than being a bit expensive, I have had no problems whatsoever with the bike. It is the perfect size for my bedroom. It is one of the best ones I have ever owned. I love it and I definitely recommend it.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I like that this NordicTrack exercise bike is fully customize. You customize any way of your liking and it easy to use and very innovative. Another feature I like about this exercise bike is that I can use my iPad with it. The only thing I don't like is the price you pay for it but still it’s a great and user-friendly exercise bike and has great features. The process of setting it up was very easy too.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I appreciated the easy setup of the NordicTrack exercise bike as I'm not great at putting together self-assembly products. I was able to do it myself and the instructions were very clear and all items were in the packaging box. I also love the styling of the bike and its sturdiness which makes it a great value. I like the digital display and the comfort of the seat the most. The size of the bike is a bit larger than I expected though so I had to put it in a roomier space than where I wanted. With that, I think I will be more mindful in future bike purchases.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I like the iFit compatibility of the NordicTrack Exercise Bike. It means a lot to be able to track my progress over time using my wearable or my phone. I feel this had gone a long way in motivating me and keeping me on track and on target. The bike was also easy to set up for my installers. The two men I hired installed the bike in two hours. The only complaint I have is that at the beginning, the resistance was too hard for me to maneuver. I then needed to have a repairman come and fix my bike so I could pedal it with ease.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I love my NordicTrack bike. It did not come with a million pieces and my husband put it together in under thirty minutes. The breakdown after use is very simple too. The bike is basic and very easy to use. It does not take up much space so it is easy to store. It was relatively inexpensive as well and it’s definitely a product I would recommend to anyone looking for an exercise bike. However, it is older so it does not have a heart monitor and calorie counter, and it is not compatible with my smart devices so I can't stream information to them or play music while I am working out. But the bike still works.

Original review: June 3, 2017

It was hell setting it up and I didn't think I even could set it up but eventually I did and I love it now. Also initially setting the settings was so difficult and I would also change that but now it seems so easy. It is adjustable and will last forever. I won't have to buy another exercise bike in my entire lifetime. So what I spent up front has already paid for itself and I don't regret my purchase one bit at all. But I wish it was roomier for all different body styles and body types. A different color would also be nice and I would like to be able to move it to another room much easier because I don't like the room it is in now.

NordicTrack Exercise Bikes expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it began in 1975 with its ski machine, NordicTrack has gone on to thrive after being acquired by Icon Health and Fitness in 1998, making a full line of fitness equipment including exercise bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, rowers and incline trainers. Its line of exercise bikes include upright, recumbent and sport bikes. Most bike models are iFit capable.

• Grand Tour bikes: NordicTrack’s Grand Tour exercise bikes come with web-enabled touchscreen displays, iFit technology and tablet holders. The Grand Tour Pro also comes with a power-adjustable incline feature that mimics a real bike during a climb as opposed to just increasing resistance. Grand Tour bikes are priced at $1,999 for the standard model and $2,499 for the Pro edition.

• Sport bikes: NordicTrack developed its Sport bike series to mimic a real road bike or a spin class bike. They come with a backlit display that monitors speed, time, distance, calories and heart rate. Riders can customize their work intensity by adjusting resistance with an easy-access knob. Sport bikes also come with a wireless chest pulse strap that displays diagnostics on the center console in real-time. Sport bikes are priced at $399 for the GX 3.5 and $1,299 for the GX 5.5.

• Recumbent bikes: NordicTrack's three recumbent bike models come with a backlit display, grip heart rate monitors and durable steel construction. Additionally, the Commercial VR25 recumbent bike includes NordicTrack's Bluetooth heart rate chest strap that displays real-time heart rate information on the screen. Each recumbent bike has an ergonomic, cushioned seat with lumbar support and ventilated back. All recumbent bikes are iFit compatible and are priced at $599-$999.

• Upright bikes: NordicTrack’s three upright bike models come with backlit display screens, heart rate monitor grips, vertical and horizontal seat adjustment and tablet holders. The GX 4.6 Pro model comes with NordicTrack’s Bluetooth chest strap that monitors a rider’s heart rate in real time. Upright bikes are iFit compatible with one-touch controls and have 22-25 resistance levels.

• Warranties: NordicTrack offers warranties on all of their exercise bikes. Warranties include a lifetime frame warranty, two- to five-year parts warranty and one- to two-year labor warranty.

• Best for: consumers looking for any type of exercise bike for a home gym.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs