3.9/5 (2410 ratings)

About Noom

Noom is a personalized weight loss app with access to coaching in your pocket. The company’s habit-changing solution includes daily lessons and progress tracking for meals and exercise designed to fit individual lifestyles. The custom plans are created from the Noom quiz that asks about your specific goals and needs. The program uses psychology to teach you a lifetime of healthy habits.

Pros

• Free trial period
  • Community support

Cons

• Dieticians aren’t available 24/7
  • Meal plans not provided

Bottom Line

Noom is a weight loss app developed by registered dietitians and nutritionists. Through the app, users can log their meals, water intake and activities and get personalized support.

Noom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Noom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Noom?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I have not been assigned a group even though I get instructions to share things with my group. The script and narrations don’t match so it throws me off. I’m stuck at 12 pounds loss so I’m frustrated! This is not working either!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

With the Noom daily reading and instructions. It’s giving me creative ideas. How? I’ve learn to substitute favored sparkling water for alcoholic drinks. I’ve also learn to use plain yogurt as my salad dressing and baked potatoes topping by spicing it with garlic and other spices. That was wonderful to enjoy along with healthy eating.

Noom response

We love to hear that Noom has made you more mindful of your eating habits, Edwin! Keep up the awesome work building healthier habits with your Noom family!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I am loving Noom. I feel educated on all the topics and love the app. It has helped me to focus and feel supported in my weight loss journey. I highly recommend this to friends and family. 5 plus stars.

Noom response

It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling so supported throughout your journey with Noom, Denise! Thanks for letting us help you find your healthy balance!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

8 weeks and 20 pounds down. Feeling awesome and down 2 pant sizes. And being so mindful of why I eat. Eating what I want and feeling like I get what I need to satisfy my food wants. Everyone is asking me about how I am losing weight.

Noom response

We are so proud of your awesome progress, Jeanne! We’re honored to be a part of your journey to lasting health.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I love the lessons. They have taught me a great deal between dieting and experiencing a more healthy lifestyle. My 1:1 coach is great and right there to encourage. Answer any questions as well as ask the hard ones. I’m in love with my group and coach. She keeps us in the right path and encourage us with timely and up to date articles to back everything she says. Noom on a whole is quite worth it!!! Down 22 lbs!

Noom response

It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling so supported and encouraged by your group and coach, Anitrese! Those are some impressive results! Keep up the awesome work building healthier habits with your Noom family!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Noom helped me think about when, why, where and with whom I eat and how that affects what and how much I eat. The format helps me remember to log my weight and food choices daily and it keeps up with my movement. I also like how it encourages you to just move, but keeps the focus on conscious eating - it doesn’t overwhelm with too much too fast. The only meh thing so far has been the group - mine hasn’t been very active, and I think the coach starts too many threads so none of them seem to get much activity. I would enjoy more interaction, ideas, and encouragement. I would like you to see a way to spend the Noom coins it awards daily.

Noom response

We’re glad that you’re enjoying what Noom has to offer, Lesley, and your honest feedback here is appreciated! We want Noom to be the best app we can make, and your feedback is invaluable to that process.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I was sick and tired of yo yo dieting where I would lose weight and just gain it back again. I was highly skeptical of Noom since I’m not a huge fan of a lot of psychology. But, I needed to develop new habits and have tools to not only lose weight but keep it off. Noom is wonderful in that it is mostly education. They help me get to the why. Why do I think I need to finish all the food on my plate. Why do I start craving chocolate cake as I drop the pounds. Why do I run to food when I’m depressed. Why do I eat more food when I’m x y or z situations.

Noom has changed the way I think and interact with food and my environment. They’ve helped me learn what foods I should eat, provide me with tons of tips and tricks. And, I even have a personal coach who I can ask questions and get encouragement. Not to mention a group that’s going through the classes with me so it feels like there’s a cohort working through this and encouraging each other. So far I’ve lost 12 pounds and have shed 2.5 inches from my waist.

Noom response

We are so happy you're enjoying the science and psychology behind Noom, Bryan! Keep up the amazing work!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I am very pleased with both my personal coach and group coach. The lessons are very educational and definitely on time with the subject matter when I need it most. I feel well supported and know in my heart I will achieve my goals with this program.

Noom response

We love to hear that you’re feeling encouraged and supported throughout your journey with Noom, Shirley! You’ve got this!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Very easy to follow and feel like I have a checklist to complete everyday which keeps me on track. Really great tricks to keep a healthy lifestyle, balanced nutrition and portion control. Only reason I gave it a 4 is because the recipes on the app are very limited In comparison to other apps such as WW. If you need meal ideas you have to explore more outside Noom. Also, I’ve found a few of my staple food items are not in the library of foods and when you add them, they have to go through an approval first which takes a lot of time so I’ve been using a different food with similar nutrition to log my day to day.

Noom response

We're so glad that you're enjoying our program, Danielle, and we really appreciate your feedback regarding what you'd like to see improved. Keep on Noomin'!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

It has taken me a long time, but I finally realize that I am worth taking care of. My coach has been trying to get me to realize that. And I am starting to. Huge, huge accomplishment. I am so happy to be on this journey.

Noom response

We are so inspired by your dedication to your wellness, Deb! You're SO worth it! Thanks for letting us help you find your healthy balance!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I have tried several weight loss and lifestyle change programs and none of them seem as organized as this one. The coaches provide great guidance and I do not feel restricted in any way on what I can eat. I am one month in and already see great results.

Noom response

We love hearing that you're excited and already enjoying your program, Charles! We hope your experience is excellent and if you ever need us we are always here to help!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

At 74 with health issues, I no longer believed I could lose weight. I desperately wanted to so I could hike with my grands. And, I’m a DOING it with the knowledge and support I get from NOOM! I feel so much better!

Noom response

This is SO awesome, Roz! You are making phenomenal progress, and we are so grateful to be a part of your journey! Great work!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Noom has been very helpful. A better understanding of the psychology and sociology behind eating habits is making a big difference. Being able to reach out to a coach for added assistance is a big plus. I am confident I will reach my goals.

Noom response

This is amazing to read, James! You are doing such a wonderful job embracing each aspect of the program! Keep up the awesome work!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I have been pleased with many aspects of Noom, including the articles, logging my eating, drinking and exercise. I have lost about 1.5kgs since I began which is not as much as I had hoped but at least I haven’t put on any weight over Christmas which I normally do. I am also starting to challenge and change my eating habits which is good. It is also reactivating many of the lessons and practices I learned when I lost 17kgs with WW in 2006.

Noom response

We love to hear that Noom has made you more mindful of your eating habits, Sarah! Keep up the awesome work building healthier habits with your Noom family!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Noom so far is turning out to be everything I hoped. I find the lessons informative with a little humor added in. The plan is easy to follow. My only negative is that the program won’t let me create a recipe to log the total calories instead of having to list each ingredient individually. But other than that, I’m losing weight and starting to feel healthier.

Noom response

We’re glad that you’re enjoying what Noom has to offer, Karen, and your honest feedback here is appreciated! We want Noom to be the best app we can make, and your feedback is invaluable to that process.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I have tried a lot of different things to try to help my mood. I’ve been in therapy, taken medication, started exercise programs, and a few other things. Noom is lot more enjoyable and I feel a lot less stressed at week six than I have in a while. It’s nice to see proof from the mood graph that things are getting better—it helps me in the rough moments to convince myself that I’ll come out of them. I’m really grateful someone decided to create this. It’s especially nice for someone who does really well with self help type programs.

Noom response

We love to hear that you’re finding a more peaceful mind with Noom Mood, Hannah! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review and experience with us!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I love the way it breaks down how we think about eating and our habits and how they are formed and changed. I like how we are breaking down goals into tasks that are attainable. The coaching is a great way of reinforcing what you are doing. The way they present your calorie intake is also very simple to understand.

Noom response

This is what we love to hear, Cale! At a time when so many things feel complicated, we want wellness to be simple! Congratulations on all of your hard work!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

So I was soooo excited to sign up for Noom. I spent over an hour answering all the zillions of questions, I provided my payment information and I was ready to get going. When I attempted to download the app, at the VERY END of this lengthy process, it was THEN that Noom told me that their stupid app is totally incompatible with IPhone 6 and simply will not work. This is because you cannot download IOS 14.4 or more recent versions on an IPhone 6. Period. Locked out. Unable to use it. Do you know how many people still use an IPhone 6? Is this stupid or what? So THEN I have to call and cancel my subscription. Don't waste your time unless you have a newer IPhone because it is a waste of your time.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I no longer have access to listening to the articles as I have to just read them and I don’t understand why. I’m also wondering why there isn’t an option to view weekly data on what I have eaten, how much I have exercised, my steps, etc., so that I can analyze my progress better and make adjustments. At the very least, I thought my coach would have access to this data and give me feedback. Instead, when I ask questions, I get very generalized responses but nothing specific to me. I would assume a coach would reach out and say things like, "I noticed…. Considering trying this…. Etc." The positive, is that the Noom app has pushed me in a space where I hold my self accountable, and the articles are extremely helpful, and I do feel like I am making progress because of Noom.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Great app. Great psychology. Haven’t lost a single lb and have been doing this for a month and a half. That being said, the tools are great, the encouragement plenty, the logging necessary. The fact that the all links with Apple Watch is helpful. If it could link with other apps like My fitness pal or Sweat. That would be helpful too. Overall I’m satisfied with the experience, it has just led to zero weight loss for me.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Every update makes it worse. IT are useless; standard responses are all FAQ and don't work. Things from free apps aren't available here. No way to go back. Just one screen during a lesson; you have to begin all over again. You can't add your own recipes without going through a seriously convoluted set of measures, and even then, they disappear. In fact, all the gains you've made that are motivating disappear regularly except your weight tracking. It's ridiculous. Original app logo was bright yellow sun, new one looks like red sperm.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

So far so good, not giving up even when I go off track, I know I can still succeed. Helping me make better choices without feeling deprived. Also making me more accountable by weighing in every day and logging meals.

Noom response

We are so happy you're enjoying the accountability that Noom provides, Judith! Keep up the great work!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

The app is different and I think that’s a great thing. The psychological component is what most need and are not finding in other apps out there. I don’t really understand the book coins other than something they doesn’t have real value except for positive motivation, maybe? There are many foods within the app that makes logging easy but there are still lots missing. Overall, I think it’s a good app- curious where my weight will be at the end of my subscription and wondering what happens if my goal is not met? Is there a money back guarantee?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I chose Noom because I have wanted to lose weight and get fit for a number of years without success. Noom is different and intelligent so appeals to me - it teaches about the science and psychology behind food, exercise, our behaviours and choices. It promotes change in my behaviour by helping me to think about what I am doing and that’s what I love about it. With Noom I feel confident that I’ll get the outcome I want now.

Noom response

We love to hear this awesome feedback! We're so happy to help you achieve your goals and wish you more success to come!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I’m delighted with Noom. I’ve lost about 6 kilos but feel I’m eating good portions and healthily. I really like the fact Noom does not make you feel guilty about eating certain foods and accepts you can at times weaken. Noom gives you the strength and ability to continue even if you have a day when you overindulge. It empowers you with improved food awareness. Its coaches and group are also there for you. It’s changed my life so much for the better.

Noom response

It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling so supported and encouraged by your group and coach, Caroline! Keep up the awesome work building healthier habits with your Noom family!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

This is my first time using any type of program and the one on one support has been so helpful. I just wish there was some group work or recommendations to find fellow Noomers to add that extra boost of support. Plus, it would be an added benefit of having workout partners. Also, I would love if Noom would have their own workout programs or channels.

Noom response

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, Briana! We want Noom to be the best experience possible, and your feedback is invaluable to that process.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

This journey hasn’t just helped me with my diet, it’s also helped me a lot with my mental health and how I view myself. My coach and I talked about stuff like stretch marks. I used to be very self conscious about them but now I realize they’re a part of life and they’re normal.

Noom response

That's what we love to hear, Kendall! Thank you so much for making us a part of your health and wellness journey!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

So far I have found the Noom program very easy to follow, the helpful information given each day is good, and the coaches are very happy to help if any questions or concerns arise. Well done. Keep up the great work.

Noom response

This is what we love to hear, Catherine! At a time when so many things feel complicated, we want wellness to be simple! Congratulations on all of your hard work!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

Theoretically this is a great app. However, there is so much content and so much to log that it doesn’t work. Give me clear instructions like meals and workout plan and then have me check off what’s done with the option to add more as needed.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

First time I’ve been taught the psychology around food decision making instead of being told to just eat a ton of greens. Noom teaches you to be mindful and how to break bad habits and form good ones. The app allows you to easily track your calories without the difficulty of other apps.

Noom response

We love to hear that Noom has made you more mindful of your eating habits, Charla! Keep up the amazing work!

Noom Company Information