Neutrogena Acne

Compare Acne Treatment Products

Research top Acne Treatment Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had a few pimples on my face so I decided to give Neutrogena On the Spot Acne treatment a try... I put the cream directly on the bumps and went to bed, around 2am I was awaken to EXTREME ITCHING AND BURNING on my neck, cheeks, chin and ears. I jumped out of bed and ran to the mirror and seen that under my eyes were puffy and my cheeks, neck, chin and ears are FIRE RED!!! It's day 3 and I haven't been able to properly rest up for work because the itching and burning is so SEVERE!!! I can barely function at work or do anything because I'm miserable with all the itching and burning!!! It looks like I will end up having to miss work and go to the doctor because I can't take this anymore!! Please NO ONE buy this product because you will be itching and burning nonstop to the point you will want to cry!!! Worst experience in my life...

I've never had acne and then menopause hit and I started getting a random pimple here and there on my chin area. I purchased the On the Spot Acne cream and after one application, my face was on fire. The next day I had a red, literally raw place the size of a half dollar coin below my bottom lip. That was 5 weeks ago and I still battle this chemical burn. I've tried so many things and the only thing that made any improvement was juice from an aloe plant. Now it's starting to spread across the chin area and toward my neck. 5 weeks and no improvement. I had to make an appointment with a dermatologist but that is still a week away. I'm miserable.

I like that I can always find this product even out of town. I like that it is inexpensive and works and had a natural line to choose. I wish they had more scents/color coded pretty packaging for different parts of line. I do not like that many of their serums/creams seem to be repeats of same products in different forms.

I used the pink grapefruit Neutrogena just for 2 days. Third day when I wake up my face was red and itching. I feel like it's burning. I can't explain how bad it feels. This wasn't enough. Next day when I wake up my eyes was swelled too. It's 3 days now and I don't know how to help myself. Who reads this text. Please be careful what guys buying. I'm going to make an appointment to my doctor... It's horrible this itches and burning.

My acne seems to be clearing up with this treatment which is a blessing. I usually only suffer breakouts during my monthly menstrual cycle and my skin is so unpredictable. One min it's oily the next dry. Neutralization. Evens out the balance on my combination skin and is great for sensitive skin as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neutrogena Acne?

It's the first time I write a review about a product. But I want to let consumers know so they don't have a same problems am having now. I wanted to try a new product and got the Neutrogena acne grapefruit wash and moisturizer. Used them both yesterday and started to experience like a bad sunburn on my face and this morning I woke up with a very badly swollen face and eyes. They should have a warning on the product that tells consumers that this can occur because I am reading and seems this is very common. Never will purchase this brand again. First time in my life I have this type of reaction. I am embarrassed to upload pictures of my full face because literally I look like a monster.

A variety is very important. Some people are producing too much oil, not enough, sensitivity, dryness, and other skin conditions may need to be treated all differently for acne. Finding the right balance to your skin is very important. For myself personally, I have found that my face does not produce enough oil... it leads to dryness and causes acne. With a simple oil cleanser, my face is able to have the right balance. For my scalp, is a totally opposite problem. Value is very difficult to determine for some people. The ingredients involved, the packaging, the weight of the product you are using, how long it lasts, the effectiveness and more. Customer service is the utmost important factor to a company and its products. You have to stand by your word and you must have plan to handle unhappy consumers or even consumers who have negative experiences need to be given the opportunity to try again.

I've used this product for at least 2 years now. I have sensitive skin combo of mostly oily in t-zone but dry around cheeks and chin. This product is gentle, doesn't burn, doesn't leave skin feeling dry from everyday use. It's soothing and really cleans the pores good. Anyone with sensitive skin this is a must have for the price. I don't know of anything that works better that won't cost me $20+. I just took about a week to see any real results. In fact, I broke out a bit when I switched to it just because that's what happens sometimes when you swap cleansers. I have been using this products for years now and its great. It is an over the counter treatment that works well for me and the price is right. I hope they never discontinue this product. Thank you Neutrogena!!

Helpful, works well, fast acting, good price. I use it daily, sometimes when my skin dries out I discontinue it for a few days and use something more gentle. The results are awesome! I use it daily and gets rid of everything, makes skin feel so soft and vibrant. I would recommend this product to anyone. The value is worth it. Use it all the time and you will receive results and notice them quickly. Value is good for the price. Can always find it on sale at various places. The customer service is awesome. I buy it at my local Walgreens and they are always so helpful when I am looking at different products. I always result back to this product.

They have a lot of different products and strengths for a variety of different skin care needs for whatever your concern may be with your skin. The results of the product were that my skin was blemish free but not dry feeling or irritated, just soft and clear. I especially like the grapefruit variety as I feel it is more natural. The value is high because even though this product is inexpensive it is still very high quality and effective. This is an especially good value when the product is on sale. If I have any questions, the staff is helpful. I am very familiar with this brand as I have been using it for many years so I don't typically interact with staff about this product.

Noxzema and Neutrogena has good consistency and variety for different skin types. I recommend to people. I also suggest Avon or Clearasil if interested. I did not see the results I wanted while using the product because my skin continued to feel dry and flaky and more prone to acne. The product did not bring much value to my life but the interest to seek out better products. I feel neutral about this item due to the results. I did not return the item to the store but kept for a relative to own.

The variety is great because they work with different types of skin. I am very dry and don't want to be dried out any further. My wife has oily skin and uses the type that suits her needs. Since using Neutrogena, which I've done for about a year now, my skin is clearer and I rarely have acne breakouts. Only the occasional splotch of acne here and there, but that is usually due to a lot of sweating. A bottle of the product I use can last up to two weeks, even when I use it twice per day, which is well worth the price I typically pay. Where I haven't had to interact much with the company's customer service department, I can say that the product I want is always available and that makes me happy.

I don't know any other acne medication. I only used this one, it worked and I wasn't going to change a good thing. I used the oil-free Neutrogena. I used this Neutrogena acne wash twice a day. In the morning and before bedtime. As for me, I used the oil-free one. I really like at bedtime it felt so refreshing. The overall price was not bad at all compared to the other on the market that would not do as good as job as this Neutrogena Acne Wash. I call the customer service line when I didn't know how to effectively use this product at first. They were very helpful to explain almost step by step process.

The Neutrogena Acne treatment didn't work. It left acne same lumpy shape. I found what works for me is Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment.

The variety is good but there should be much more. People have many different types of skin. Sensitive and maximum strength are not enough. A larger variety would create more options which would reach a larger consumer base. I was satisfied with the results at the beginning, but as time went on it stopped working as well. My skin would dry up too fast. I would have to use lotion to moisten up my skin, which would cause more acne. I would rate the price as mid range. It was affordable but the results could have been better. I feel that the value is not that good for the price. You can buy cheaper products and get the same results. The customer service was good, but it didn't blow me away enough. There was nothing to complain about, however nothing was remarkable about it. Maybe more could be done.

Have face wash which I use every day and face cleansing wipes which I use daily as well. Neutrogena has been around for a long while -- my mom was the one who introduce me to this product and I have stayed with it for years and also now my teenage daughter uses their products as well -- not really very expensive. The face wash makes your wash feel so clean and refreshed and well as the face wipes makes your skin so soft.

This product I would recommend to anyone. Made me feel much more comfortable when out -- feel like I'm young and pretty. Acne is all gone. It's a great value for the money and very inexpensive unlike some their products out there. I say it never hurts to just try a product to see for yourself how well or not it works. Very helpful and doesn't make you feel wrong but makes you feel very important. Willing to do whatever to satisfy the customer.

It comes in a couple different variety. I picked gentle because my skin is very sensitive to everything and it worked well. I immediately started seeing a difference in my skin in like 2-3 days after using it. I also kept my face feeling moisturized unlike other brands. It wasn't very expensive and they also have different sizes that you can buy. Some are way cheaper than the one I get, and it really works. I believe the customer service was great. Offered me great advice and even help me choose what was best for my skin. I was very happy and please to have a knowledgeable staff member.

I love this brand of acne care products! I have been using it for more than 20 years and my skin always feel soft and smooth. This brand of products works very well! I have had great results from the acne care products. It leaves my skin smooth and helps prevent breakouts. If you value your skin use these products! They are worth it! I haven't had any problems so I haven't talked to anyone in customer service, but I'm sure they are great!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Neutrogena is a trusted skin-care brand that offers an incredible variety of targeted products. In addition to providing acne-care and prevention products and kits, Neutrogena has skin-care products to soften skin and prevent scarring from repeated breakouts.

• Personalized skin care advice: Through the Neutrogena website you can take the "Solve My Acne" quiz to determine your skin type and proper skin care regime. Products will be recommended based on your answers.
  • Cosmetics for acne-prone skin: Some makeup only makes acne worse due to oil-based cosmetics and pore-clogging ingredients. With this special line of products, acne-sufferers won't have to worry about breakouts when they put on their makeup.
  • Spot treatment: For the odd blemish, spot treatment lets you deal with a random pimple or two quickly and easily. Gels, topical creams and cover-ups are available.
  • Acne moisturizers: Moisturizing your skin when dealing with breakouts is tough because certain hydrating ingredients will make pimples worse. Neutrogena provides moisturizing cleansers and lotions that will not cause further breakouts.
  • Body wash: Body acne is a common issue, but the difference between facial skin and body skin is substantial. Formulated body washes treat both types of skin adequately and reduce breakouts all over.
  • Best for Teenagers, young people, pregnant women and adults.

Compare Acne Treatment