4.29/5
Based on 38 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

38 Nasacort Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 30, 2018

I saw a lot of positive reviews for Nasacort and wanted something I could use at work, outside, etc. It was easy to use, I could take it anywhere and it helped my nasal congestion. It was not too expensive and available over the counter and where I normally shop at regularly. However, it left an after taste in my mouth that lasted 5-10 mins, so I needed something to drink after using it. That made it less convenient to use on the go.

Original review: April 29, 2018

My ENT recommended Nasacort based on the symptoms that I had. I had been using a prescription medication that became too expensive. The OTC option was what I needed and I found a good fit. I like the availability and affordability of Over The Counter medications and I like that the OTC medication gave me almost immediate relief from my nasal congestion. The stuffiness and swollen feeling associated with my symptoms felt so much better and the relief lasted pretty much all day. The bottle was easy to hold and use and the directions were very clear. However, over the Counter medications in general aren't as long lasting or as strong. I dislike that its a temporary fix to a bigger problem.

Get expert buying tips about Allergy Medicine delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I like the price of the Nasacort and that I was able to get it over the counter. I also liked that I was able to buy it on Amazon and received it within 2 days so I could start using it. However, Nasacort did not work for me. I used it for a while and it made me feel nauseous the entire time I was taking it. It was cheaper than others but overall I was not impressed and not happy. As soon as I stopped taking it, the nausea stopped. It didn't improve my symptoms while I took it and squirting it up my nose was very uncomfortable.

Original review: April 27, 2018

This was a brand name that I recognized as having been a prescription medication that I had been prescribed in the past. Given that it was effective then, it seemed like a good choice. I like the fact that it isn't a systemic drug. It is effective for me for routine allergen loads but takes a week or two to get to peak effectiveness so it is not a good option for acute allergen exposures. I'm also generally not a fan of nasal spray. Other than that, it also helps that the company runs frequent coupons and sales.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I have had family members that have used it and they really liked the way it worked to open up their airway so they could breathe better so I wanted to give it a try. I like that it doesn't take very long for it to begin to help me breathe better after I have used it. I like that I can purchase this without having to go to the Doctor just so I can get a prescription. However, I do not like having to use any kind of medicine in my body. Sometimes when the medicine opens me up where I can breathe better it makes my nose run which can be just as bad if not worse than be stopped up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nasacort?

Original review: April 22, 2018

It's a mist, so it does not drain down the back of the throat. It works better for me. I felt great after using it. However, it dries out the inside of the nose so much that petroleum is needed to lubricate the nostrils.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Nasacort is doctor recommended and worth a shot. It is definitely pleasant and feasible, works strong and helps the sinuses and passageways to open up and relieve some of the allergy pains and struggles that I have. But it doesn't completely do away with the allergies. As a sufferer you want it all to be gone instead of just temporary relief. Also, Nasacort is very expensive to try to use on a regular basis.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I had been wrestling with heavy allergies for almost two weeks and other brands of medication were getting nowhere. Nasacort is easy to use and after using it I felt a sense of relief and comfort. I was able to relax and finally get a good night's rest. It was a very wonderful experience for me. Nasacort is a simple product and there is nothing complex about it because it does not contain pounds and pounds of chemicals. I also like that it can be bought over the counter rather than needing a prescription from a doctor.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Nasacort works well at relieving my seasonal allergies compared to other nasal sprays I've previously tried. It's easy to use and relieves most of my allergy symptoms all day. But Nasacort can leave my nose feeling dry and uncomfortable at times. The force of the spray is harsh, and feels slightly painful. There is an unpleasant taste that accompanies it, that lasts quite a while. Though Nasacort has a couple of unpleasant side effects, I've found it to be the best option for me. Additionally, the price is very reasonable which is definitely another influential reason I chose this particular nasal spray versus its competitors.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I started using Nasacort after my doctor recommended trying it since another brand I had been using wasn't helping enough. I have used it for a few months now and have notice a lot more relief then I had with other brands I had used in the past. I like it because it is easy to use. I feel relief within about 5 minutes and full relief within about 15-20 minutes. It has a lasting effect and seems effective in my excessive sneezing and running nose that I get. But I don't care much for the smell of the medication, to me it smells like plant food. I would rather it didn't have any scent at all. Also, if your nose is already stuffed I feel like it isn't as effective for the day. Some days when my allergies are worse it can be harder.

Original review: April 14, 2018

It's easy to use, non-drowsy, and has few side effects. It is easy to find at stores and doesn't require a prescription. It saved me time in having to get prescriptions from my doctor and going through my insurance to get coverage. It seemed to help with seasonal allergies a bit but needed to be used in conjunction with an oral medication. By itself it only mildly helped my allergies. Also, it has a terrible taste when it drips down your throat and I'm not a fan of nasal sprays to begin with. Sprays are disconcerting to use and can often cause me nosebleeds and other nasal irritation. They aren't as easy to use as an oral medication.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Doctor recommended Nasacort. After the first couple of uses I begin to see the effects of it and it seemed to make me feel more opened headed, not stuffy. I haven't had any side effects from this and I am able to do things quicker because my allergies are not weighing me down. But Nasacort is not as long lasting as I would like for it to be. I felt like I had to repeat it more often than the pill form for my allergies. At first it made me feel light headed but not for a long period of time. Also sometimes an inconvenience when going out and having to use it around other people. But Nasacort is easy to use, works almost immediately, and doesn't give any problems with my other medication. It's excellent, quick relief.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Nasacort was recommended by my doctor. I have used it for many years. I am glad I can buy the OTC version so that I don't have to pay for a prescription. The price is good too. It's an easy to use product, it doesn't sting my nose when I use it. It works and works well and I use it for seasonal allergies. But allergy meds that contain steroids tend to occasionally cause issue with anxiety and tension but they are minor in comparison to feeling sick from allergies. I recommend Nasacort to anyone who has allergies.

Original review: April 9, 2018

With regard to original question about loss of smell... I have use Nasacort at half recommended dosage for years. It was a godsend. Completely eliminated my seasonal allergies but my sense of smell is now very poor. Is it related to Nasacort? I don't know.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I have nasal polyps and as a result am subject to nasal infections. At my GP's recommendation I have been using Nasacort daily for several years. I no longer have ANY sense of smell... none at all. I am wondering and would appreciate hearing from, anyone who has had a similar experience... Thank you.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I love this medicine. You dont have to take very often because it does its job and clears your sinuses up and you can breathe longer and better. It has no side effects. It meet my expectations great. It did what it said it would do and more. I choose this brand because my family and friends recommended it and love it. It works well with all your other medicines, too.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I suffer from severe seasonal allergies and live in the woods so pollen is high. I have tried other brands and they work for a short while and then stop. So far Nasacort works long lasting and is reliable. It is also very effective and so much different than a pill as it works very quickly. Other allergy medicines quit working after a while but not this one. It is long lasting. But sometimes Nasacort can be a little messy. It is also a little more on the expensive but worth it. So far so good. My complaints are very small and insignificant.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I like the ability to purchase Nasacort at most stores that offer medicines without prescription and the fact that it is priced decent enough to afford plus the way it’s easy and quick to use. But my overall experience was not good at all. Did not receive any relief from it. The smell, taste it left in my mouth. This medicine made my symptoms way worse and quickly ended up with a sinus infection. Was told it was better than ones I had used in past. Big joke. Was the worst I have ever used. Refuse to buy or use ever again.

Original review: July 19, 2017

It helps with little side effects. The spray is very easy to use and the directions is very clear on what you should do. It personally helps me no matter how bad or minor my allergies are. I chose this brand because of ads and a friend recommendation and it met my expectations. It works quickly and lasts for a while. If I use consistently I don't have to worry about my nasal congestions and runny nose. However, I dislike some of the side effects. Although it works, it could be very risky to use because of the side effects like headaches but it helps for my itchy nose, nasal congestion, sneezing and runny nose. My experience is great overall and I'll continue to use it.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Using ** and Nasacort help a lot with my seasonal and house dust allergies. They are not completely resolved but do help a lot. I tried using them from my doctor's recommendation and have had really good luck with them. It seems like over time they do not work as well but I will continue to use them till I feel they are not helping at all. I will then ask my doctor to recommend another medication.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Nasacort is an over the counter product recommended by my primary care physician so I chose it to assist in keeping the nasal cavity lubricated and functional during seasonal allergy attacks. I was having issues with sinusitis caused by other over the counter medication and I found most them had unwanted side effects and I appreciate the alternative method of this particular brand for its beneficial results. When I used the product I noticed it was both very easy to use and that it protected my sinuses from becoming too dried out but the post nasal drip after taste that resulted was a bit unpleasant. I usually try to avoid taking this particular medication unless absolutely necessary and have become accustomed to this unpleasant taste but would invite an alternative to this result from using the medication. Ultimately useful and would use again.

Original review: July 16, 2017

When I had my last yearly physical, I asked my GP doctor what he recommended and that's why I chose this brand. I like that it works for me. Sometimes I need it in the morning, or in the afternoon, or even early evening. It is effective whenever I use it and I have no side effects when using it. In addition, when playing golf, I only need it sometimes - not all the time. However, sometimes, 40 minutes after using it, my nose gets very dry, but not all the time. This especially happens if I use the product after dinner and before going to bed. I realize every medication cannot be perfect so the discomfort is minor.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Nasacort is effective, relieving and very positive. It worked fast and very well for me. It also relieves sneezing, congestion, and runny nose. I was able breathing through my nose and sleep a peaceful night in bed. My side effects have been a little nausea and a feeling of hyperactivity. But they were mild and not bothersome like the other OTC medications' side effects.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Nasacort is one of the best medication to treat nasal symptoms against all types of allergies, both indoor and outdoor. Aall its benefits are appealing. It has a powerful anti inflammatory and provides 24 hr relief. It is non-addictive and alcohol and scent free. However, it can cause little nausea and Hyperactivity. A friend of mine suffered from loss of smell and taste. This is the reason why I dislike its side effects. Other than that, it does not cause drowsiness and it's smell and alcohol-free.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Sometimes only taking an allergy pill does not cut it for me during specific seasons of the year but Nasacort clears up my blocked sinuses each morning within half an hour after. It was recommended to me from an ER Doc when I suffered from an acute allergy reaction to the coming Spring/Summer season. I also like knowing there would be no side effects from using Nasacort on a daily basis for a 2 week period.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I used regular ** and other medications previously but Nasacort seemed to work much faster in relieving my symptoms. My itchy, burning eyes and stuffy nose and eye problems were resolved quickly. But I do not like to take allergy medication or any medication because I believe it hurts your natural immune system. Otherwise Very Good experience.

Original review: July 12, 2017

My daughter recommended Nasacort and she said it was very good and worked well. It did meet my expectations and I am satisfied. It takes care of my sneezing, watery eyes and constantly runny nose. It was a bad thing but Nasacort does a very good job. My nose would run like water and this stopped it from doing so and I felt great after using this, it helped a lot. Won't make me groggy all day and I sleep better at night. But the only side effect is the dry mouth but I deal with it and it is easy to live with. The price is also a little high but it was worth it.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I chose Nasacort because other family members tried it and it worked well for them. I like how well it works. It really handles all my seasonal and regular allergy symptoms. I don't get tired from the medicine either. Other than the bitter taste and annoyance of having to take it, I don't like that it sometimes makes me very drowsy and kind of dizzy if I take it in the morning but not usually. But it seems to work very well for me.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I first used Nasacort when it was still a prescription medication. I think it was the third or fourth inhaled medication that we tried and Nasacort works the best for me. One of its competitors products will drain out of my nose while I'm sleeping and cause the area under my nose to break out but Nasacort doesn't do that. I also had side effects with the other meds and I like that that I can use Nasacort without the pesky side effects that accompany tablets and pills.

Original review: July 9, 2017

The medication does a great job at relieving my symptoms and allowing me to breathe properly. Without the medication I would not be able to go outside or make it through the spring. It has really saved my life. It's affordable and easy to maintain. It had the least severe side effects as well. The only side effects were fatigue and it definitely makes me a little drowsy. But I didn't get the dry mouth I would get from other over the counter medications. This medication was the most effective for me.

Nasacort expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Nasacort is a nasal spray that blocks several chemicals that cause allergic reactions, not just histamines. Nasacort was the first nasal spray approved by the FDA for over-the-counter availability. They have separate formulas for adults and for children as young as two years old.

• Non-drip formula: Nasacort is delivered in a gentle mist with no drip, which makes it comfortable to use every day.

• Non-drowsy: Nasacort’s formula is non-drowsy, so you can use it every day without worrying about feeling tired. It is also non-addictive.

• 24-hour relief: Take Nasacort just once a day for full allergy relief.

• Scent and alcohol-free: Nasacort doesn’t use alcohol, and it doesn’t have a scent, which makes it gentle on your nasal passage.

• Sign up for coupons: Submit your email to download a coupon for Nasacort that you can use today. You’ll also receive future emails that include promotions, savings, tips, product news, bonus offers and more.

• Best for: Nasacort is best for adults and children with moderate to severe allergy symptoms.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Nasacort Company Information

www.nasacort.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business