ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
Currently there are no customer reviews.
LifeSpan expert review by Mark Barroso
LifeSpan is known for offering unique exercise programs through its treadmills. This company’s main concern is health and safety, as evidenced by its patented user-friendly features.
- Computerized safety features: Top of the line LifeSpan treadmills offer Intelli-Guard: if an exerciser steps off of the deck, it automatically stops running after 20 seconds in order to prevent accidents.
- Core Balance calculation: LifeSpan ellipticals include CoreBalance technology, which are sensors on the foot pedals that detect how much force each side of the body is applying to prevent muscle imbalances. The elliptical displays these numbers on the console, with the goal being 50/50 effort on each side for even strength distribution.
- User-friendly consoles: Consoles and programs are simple and easy to operate. Most consoles include soft-touch buttons, and programs provide clear instructions on how to run and use them.
- E-Fold technology: Folding treadmills fold electronically with the push of a button, instead of manually, which is another added safety feature.
- Best for: Consumers who want to buy a treadmill, elliptical, upright/recumbent bike, indoor cycling bike or rower.
Health and Fitness Contributing Editor
Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.
LifeSpan questions and answers
- What problem is LifeSpan trying to solve?
- LifeSpan helps people stay more physically active, at home and at work.
- What sets LifeSpan apart from the competition?
- Because LifeSpan began as a fitness equipment manufacturer, our treadmill desks are the same quality you’d expect to find at your gym, where the gear gets a lot of use every day. And they’re priced within anyone’s reach.
- What needs does your product fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- By now, everyone knows sitting all day is bad for your health. We’re trying to bring physical movement back into your day. A treadmill desk replaces the ill effects of sitting down, with the benefits of walking. And they allow you to accomplish the same tasks as you would have done seated. LifeSpan treadmill desks are also designed from the ground up, so the treadmill and desk work together seamlessly.
- How does LifeSpan measure success?
- LifeSpan helped popularize treadmill desks over the last few years – taking them beyond the realm of the CEO, and into mainstream corporate America and home offices.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about using a treadmill desk?
- Using a treadmill desk is easier than many people assume. You’re not walking very fast, and within minutes, you’ll forget you’re on it. After a conference call, or reading a document, you look down and realize you’ve gone two miles. It’s very easy, and you don’t even think about it.
- How has the fitness equipment industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Not too long ago, office furniture focused on minimizing physical movement. Manufacturers were asking themselves what they could do so workers wouldn’t have to move a muscle at their desks. After research on sedentary behavior highlighted how good it is for our bodies to stay moving, we’ve seen a shift away from the sedentary office, toward the active office.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeSpan?
- It’s less what we wish they knew about us, and more about what we’d like them to know about staying healthy in general. Living a healthy life doesn’t mean carving out inconvenient chunks of your day to spend time doing something you’d rather not do. With the right tools, you can stay fit and active within the constraints of your existing schedule.
- Has LifeSpan received any awards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know more about?
- LifeSpan has been named Health magazine’s “America’s Healthiest Company,” and our commitment to health extends to our work with medical nonprofits and community fitness events.
- How has LifeSpan grown as a company?
- We’ve grown our vision of the active workplace from single treadmill desk and bike desk units, to helping companies completely reconfigure the way their offices are set up. Now we’re building shared configurations, where multiple employees can take turns walking and working, even within the confines of a standard office cubicle.
LifeSpan Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 785 West 1700 South Ste. 1
- Salt Lake City
- Postal Code:
- United States
- (877) 654-3837