Life Fitness Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have had my treadmill for two years. I love it because I can adjust how fast I want to go. I even can walk. I've NEVER had a problem. There is enough comfortable cushions to easily grip and hold on to the bar. It keeps you holding on with an easy grip. It helps you to feel stable. I'm able to jog or walk. I'm able to adjust the speed I want to go also. I set a timer so, I know how fast I can go. It is an awesome treadmill. You always pay more when you want to get good quality. I always choose the middle priced one and a brand I trust. The best thing is I can exercise in my own time and in my home, where I feel comfortable.

The motor is great. I absolutely love it. It's not loud, it's actually quite quiet. You can't even tell that it's on. It works very well. It just depends on what shoes I actually have on. But for the most part it's really very soft. I can run on it all day. I love the soft plain cushion. The entertainment on it, isn't really the best. The only thing I can do is put my ear phones in a wire jack which I am glad and happy for it, but I wish I had more entertainment on my treadmill. I actually found this treadmill on a great sale. The price was $2000 but I found it on sale for $700 bucks at Sears. I'm glad I found it on sale since I kept going to the gym a lot now it has saved me a gym membership.

It lasted a long time which was nice. So I guess I got what I paid for. The cushion was absolutely great! I was able to sit comfortably every single day to do all of my exercises. It made it much easier to focus and concentrate on fitness. Usually when I am using my exercise treadmill, I like to watch television or find a movie on Amazon or Netflix. There is always the option of listening to your favorite motivating music while doing this as well. This product has been an absolute godsend to me. I am a married mother to 4 very young children and 1 of those only one year old. I am able to keep in shape and stay fit in a short enough time manageable.

It is fairly quiet as far as the motor is concerned. You can't hear it too much especially if you are listening to music. If it starts to sound loud, maybe it needs a tune up. It is comfortable for me. I have back and knee problems if I run on concrete and sometimes asphalt. But the treadmill cushion absorbs a lot of impact and it gentle on my body. I usually watch the TV on the treadmill but I put on closed captions and listen to music. I like the treadmills that have simulation courses but I haven't bought one of those yet. Treadmills are expensive but worth it. It is important to get good quality. This treadmill is very durable and worth the money.

Strong motor will last a long time and leads to endless lbs lost. Can reach higher speeds if needed. Kinda loud though if using in the early morning. The cushion is ok. Not the best I've felt on a treadmill but provided enough support to be good. Can always upgrade it if it is needed. Does not take away from the value of the machine. Not a lot in the form of entertainment but really all you need is music, so it is satisfactory and not something to brag about but it gets the job done. Overall the value is pretty good. Not the most expensive or cheapest model out there but it is worth every penny you pay. Will get lots of use out of it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Fitness Treadmills?

I never had any issue with the motor... not like the other brand I had that kept blowing the fuse and would have to reset. That would be a hassle and when carrying it down the steps to get rid of it... I dropped it on my hand. I never slipped or fell...so I would call that a good thing. It held up quite well…which would be a good recommendation for a consumer. I like the music and scenery. In my mind I would pretend to be in the snow. It is of great value...walking or running out of the house has got too dangerous. So I would say it's priceless.

It ran well. It told me the information I needed to use. Which was enough. I like the basics and that's basically all I used it for. The other stuff for it is good also. Very comfortable...enough padding. Some I've used felt hard when on it. This was good and didn't have to worry about feeling sore after using it. The value was more than what I wanted to spend. But you know the old saying you get what you pay for and it's great quality. I've had and used others and this one worth what I paid.

The motor was up front and had a band that ran to back was effective and I'm over 300 lbs. That's all about I know. Never had issue of it burning out as long as you cleaned it. Underneath the belt had plastic part you walk on. It didn't feel like you are pounding cement. And I'm over 300 lbs and it supported me. It was great to have and especially during the winter months when going outside it ice and risky and dangerous, you could fall and you didn't have to wear a jacket.

The motor ran efficiently and lasted for a while. It never burnt out and I felt that the treadmill worked just as fast from the minute we bought it until now. The cushion is very high quality and effective. I have had no real issues with the cushion and I find that the treadmill feels safe when I am using it and I never have had an reported injuries while using it. My treadmill had a screen where you could not only view all of your statistics, but you could also view local television through it and it also had a jack so that you could listen to your music comfortably. The treadmill was a very good value for the price point I paid. I use it almost daily with no real issues. I bought it while it was on a very good sale so that is a plus.

I have had no issues with the motor on my treadmill. It isn't very loud, and it has always worked properly. The machine is very smooth and makes exercise easy. I tend to wear shoes when I use my treadmill, so it is difficult to say how good the cushion is, but it is very comfortable. No issues with shin splints or aching feet. I was really happy with the price for this machine. I was worried that it would be more expensive or that I would be giving up quality for price but that wasn't the case.

The treadmill is well made and it really works well! You cannot beat the quality especially at its price. I highly recommend this product. The cushion is very soft. Contours to your body and really allows for a smooth ride. Great for my back. Great quality. It's almost like you're not working out. The entertainment features are top notch and really make it an enjoyable experience for anyone. Highly impressed. This machine is amazing! Totally worth the money and then some. The quality to price is something that really cannot be beat.

It is very good, it can go very well fast or go very well slow. The motor is not loud at all. I cannot hear it. I can only hear the sound of my feet hitting the bottom. Lol. It is very cushioned which makes it very comfortable and easier to walk on because you don't get uncomfortable easy, even if you are a heavy stepper this would be comfortable for you. They are very awesome, you can do so many different things on there which makes it even better than others. The entertainment options are very easy to use also so that makes it even better. The value is priceless. You can stay in shape while being comfortable doing it so any price is really good for that but the machine itself does not cost thousands like you would like a machine of this capability would.

It did its job. Had no issues. Still using it, I have not had to do any repairs and it has been kept up with easily. It has enough power that you do not have to worry about it. I definitely would think about buying another one of the same brand. It has enough cushion. You do not hurt after a while which is good, usually it becomes uncomfortable but that is not the case with this one. The entertainment options available is what you make it, you have to be searching for something that entertains you and no one else. Everyone has an specific need. Overall the value is good. You pay for what you get and that is okay. Have no complaints over it and I'm happy with the purchase that I have made.

The motor isn't super loud, works great. We have not had any issues at all with it. The consistency is well and doesn't over heat. I would recommend this to other people looking for one. There is quite a decent amount of cushion on this treadmill. I do not have any issues with my feet or hands hurting. The grip is really well and I can get good traction on it. As far as entertainment goes it is just a treadmill - no tv or concert is included here. It is simply a piece of workout equipment. However if that is entertainment for you then this is perfect. This treadmill works great and I have not had any problems. As long as I use it then I get my value for it. It works well and didn't cost me an arm and leg so that is great.

I'd recommend the features on this because there are a lot and you can change levels and speeds of different things on the equipment. It's very good and very very sturdy and valuable. Works like a charm. It does have a very good warranty so if anything does go wrong in the next year so I will be able to have full coverage on it and hopefully have no issues returning it to get a new one. The ability on this machine is great. I love everything about it. All the features. It feels like it's going to last for a long time and I should be able to have it without having any problems for many years to come so I say it's very reliable. The cost that I paid for this machine for the value I got was outstanding as it's a great machine. It works well. Everything I want to do I can do and I don't have any problems.

It works very well. Easy to use and also to set up. Would highly recommend to anyone. Wouldn't use anything else but this equipment. The warranty for this wasn't the best that I have seen for a lot of the equipment I've seen. Plus it didn't cover for a lot of the thing that could go wrong with it. I still have the same machine. It is very reliable and I've only had one issue with it which I had fixed almost right away. I think you could get better bang for the buck elsewhere. It is very good but for price I'm sure there are better out there for a lot cheaper. So do your research.

My life fitness stationary bike has multiple programs offering varied resistance for all fitness levels. Easy to select levels. Comfortable exercise bike. I have owned the bike beyond warranty period and did not have any issue requiring maintenance or repair. I never required any service on my equipment. My life fitness bike is used by me and my husband. It is a workhorse used multiple times a week. We have never had any problem with it. I would purchase it again. The moderate investment of approximately $400 was well worth the expense. The machine is very sturdy and build to last. All controls and parts seem to be of high quality.

I feel good with this product. I tried lots of others but this one I love and will continue to use it for as long as I can. It's an amazing product. It makes you realize not all products are what they say they are because it is awesome and we all love it. Everyone in my family uses it and we recommend to others. Its value is amazing. It keeps giving back throughout the year and always will for its full duration during its quality and life of product.

My exercise bike has many different modes, is comfortable and I can't live without it! I have difficulty doing something else to change up my fitness routine because I love my life cycle so much. I have owned it well out of warranty so I'm not certain how the warranty works. I would imagine that I had a one year warranty to start, and I would prefer a 5-year warranty for this type of equipment. It did break down and I had difficulty finding someone to repair it. It's a loose connection somewhere and they never did find it but I was able to get it to work for now. I have gotten years and years of exercise from the single piece of equipment. I will replace it with another one when it wears out. I hope it lasts for years to come.

It's not a bad product. The product but very sturdy, very high quality materials. Go out there to your local shopping malls or whatever and buy yourself one of these equipment. The warranty is alright. No restock fees and better customer service would be a great thing to have for any one company. It does the job and the price isn't too shabby. They have a large variety of products and designs so you are surely going to find something that you will like. The value is well priced and it can be cheaper because not every time is right and money does not grow on trees.

I like to exercise a lot and buy working out equipment and this helps me improve in my strength training. I like to make goals and this helps me a lot. The warranty is great and it's good to have it if it breaks and you want to be safe with your equipment in the long run. I'm happy with the warranty. This product is reliable and I use it whenever I have time. It's a great product and easy, fast to use. Better than most products that take up a lot of time to set up. The value of the product is really good and most people who I know that use this product tell me the same thing. It's a good product and easy to use.

I do a lot of walking and running. It was buying what I mainly would use at the gym for my home. Great incline and speed options. I feel I'm burning a lot more calories in less time. The warranty was like any other. If I wasn't satisfied I was able to return the item in 30 days. Also a 1-year warranty on basic things if they needed to be replaced or fixed. I have had a good experience. It varies from person to person. Mine has held strong for 4 years. Minor and common sense maintenance. Still works and like new. You get what you pay for usually. The value in my opinion is good but I paid a little more. I'm very satisfied with the value. I would recommend it to my family.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Life Fitness has been developing fitness solutions for commercial and residential users for over 45 years. They started making treadmills in 1991 and are available commercially in three series: Elevation, Integrity and Activate.

• Commercial use treadmills: Life Fitness has commercial-grade treadmills that work well for fitness facilities of all sizes. Their Elevation and Integrity series treadmills are specially designed for long-lasting use in commercial fitness facilities. Their Activate series treadmills are ideal for smaller facilities that have less traffic.
  • Home use treadmills: Life Fitness’s Club series treadmills are designed for home use, with prices starting at $2,199. They also have a desk treadmill, which enables users to work while they burn calories walking.
  • LF Connect app: Download the free LF Connect app for your android or apple device to track your progress, sync your workouts and help you reach your fitness goals when you are exercising indoors and outdoors.
  • Entertaining console: If you prefer to be entertained while you work out, you will enjoy using Life Fitness’s Discover console. This touch screen console offers users TV, interactive courses, app compatibility and more, and is available for commercial and home treadmills.
  • Room planner: Life Fitness’s room planner tool allows you to arrange your room digitally, so you can plan where your Life Fitness equipment will go when it arrives.
  • Best for Life Fitness treadmills are best for desk workers, recreational runners and fitness club owners.

Compare Treadmills