Consumer Reviews and Complaints
My Life Fitness exercise bike is comfortable for health enthusiasts like me. It is a very good product in market right now. I like every aspect of it a lot. Everything is normal and was easy to use and to rely on. I would recommend everyone to use it again. Good at at the price point, very light weight, and very competent with other contemporaries.
I like that the Life Fitness bike is a recumbent bike that is powered by peddling it. This bike is very easy to use. First you adjust the seat level to comfortably fit the length of your legs with your feet in the stirrups of the pedals. Then you start pedaling and push the start button on the console which then lights up as you pedal fast enough to power it. You can set your program to one of many different programs that are varied, steady, uphill, downhill... select your intensity and then you continue pedaling to get your workout in. Its very easily adjusted to fit for those who share the bike with others. However, I would like to see it easier to replace the alternator in the bike and the nine volt battery in the console. I would also like to see how I can attached tablet Henry book holder on to this as well.
Besides transporting after purchase, my Life Fitness exercise bike is easy to set up, just heavy. I like how easy it is to operate and how I am able to connect my headphones to a channel linked to the bike. I also like how the seat is adjustable and there are easy ways to program the session for different intensity levels. It also has a cup holder feature. Mostly I am quite satisfied with what I have, both in purchase price and performance. But I don't like the color or the display for the workout. It is sort of low tech compared to the equipment I see elsewhere now.
Overall, Life Fitness is a great bike. It's very easy to set up. Riding is my favorite part of my work out and its the first thing I do when I wake up. I like the inclination and the ability to power up and ride uphill. I also like the ability to alter the speed and the resistance of the ride along with the time and heart rate monitor. The sleek design of the bike makes me want to use it every day if I could. I'm glad I bought the bike.
I can move my arms and pedal at the same time. The bike also has a calories burned and heart rate monitor on it. This comes in handy when I want to see how many calories I'm burning every time I exercise on it. This bike while using is somewhat loud but that could be because it is a way older model. The set up was very easy and pretty much set up already. We only needed to attach the arms and my spouse did the work for me. I have owned this bike for a very long time and I would like to get a new one.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Fitness Exercise Bikes?
- 761,264 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I like that Life Fitness has multiple fitness settings. I prefer to make up my own workout, but it's better to have options. We had it delivered, so we did not have to set it up initially. It was easy to move the seat and it was comfortable. It was easy to set up, has lasted a long time, and is relatively quiet. The seat moving mechanism should have held up better. We can still move the seat, but the pin won't always pop back in. It is very heavy, but I suppose that is necessary. The heart monitor is too uncomfortable to use, but my husband is pleased with it.
I like the options of Life Fitness and the monitoring devices. The seat is adjustable and so are the handle bars which is good for comfort, however the seat itself hurts after riding for long periods. It's also heavy and bulky making it difficult to move around and put away when company comes over. It's a little antiquated, and always have wanted one with a built in tv. On setting it up, first I have to go the closet, that it barely fits in, then I have to drag it out of the closet and set it in front of the tv. After that it's pretty simple. I have to jump on, start pedaling and set my difficulty and start riding.
The speed and durability of the Life Fitness bike is my favorite thing that I like about the design and the different types of ways the bike works. It is fun and easy to use. I love the design of the new one and I have been using my old one and it doesn't even compare to the elite look of the new bike. I don't have a problem with any part of the bike. Setting up for the bike was easy and putting it away was also easy and effective tool for me. I would buy this as a gift for family and friends to enjoy.
ConsumerAffairs Research Team
The ConsumerAffairs Research Team believes everyone deserves to make smart decisions. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services.
Life Fitness designs and manufactures cardio, group training and strength training equipment, as well as accessories and digital exercise devices. It has over 12 models of upright and recumbent exercise bikes geared toward cardio and strength training.
- Console variety: Lifecycle exercise bikes are equipped with state-of-the-art consoles. Consumers can choose from multiple options, all containing different features such as swipe-touch screens and personalization options. From Apple and Bluetooth compatibility to wireless connection capabilities, allowing for connection to iOS and Android devices, riders can watch media apps such as Hulu and Netflix while they exercise. Other console models have interactive courses that riders can navigate.
- Real-time feedback: Life Fitness exercise bikes come with heart monitors on the handles and a wireless adjustable chest strap that provide real-time data as the rider exercises. Each machine is equipped with personal profiles that can store each rider's fitness data.
- Warranties: Life Fitness typically offers three warranty options on its exercise bikes: a standard warranty, three-year extended warranty and five-year extended warranty. The standard warranty is free and includes three-year parts and one-year labor services. The three-year extended warranty is $199.99 and includes a five-year parts and three-year labor warranty. The five-year extended warranty is $299.99 and is a five-year parts and labor warranty.
- GX Group exercise bike: The Life Fitness GX Group exercise bike is an indoor cycle that mimics a professional road bike with an ergonomic design. It has an ergonomic seat and handlebar design with a large range of adjustments for both. It comes with an optional touch-screen computer that displays speed, distance, cadence, calories, time, heart rate and resistance level.
- Add-ons: Life Fitness has two add-ons for their exercise bikes: The Premium Equipment Mat and the Foam Roller. The mat is designed to be placed under the bike to increase exercise stability and prolong the life of the bike. The foam roller can be used post-workout to improve blood flow and reduce injury.
- Best for consumers wanting state-of-the-art console options.
Compare Exercise Bikes
Life Fitness Exercise Bikes Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Life Fitness Exercise Bikes