4.1/5 (19 ratings)

About Life Fitness Exercise Bikes

Life Fitness Exercise Bikes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Fitness Exercise Bikes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Fitness Exercise Bikes?

Original review: April 20, 2020

Our bike is relatively new, but no problems, very smooth, would recommend, no missing parts, my husband and I both use it. Adjusts easy too, we compared quite a few stationary bikes before we purchased the Life Fitness.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I have owned this Life Cycle since 1996 and have used it since then. Since 2015 I have been riding it basically everyday to begin my exercise for 33 minutes, 30 seconds completing 12.6 miles at a minimum. I have changed the batteries 3 times during this time without any other issues. This has been a dependable piece of exercise that I can not do without. I highly recommend it!

Get buying tips about Exercise Bikes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2020

The display is difficult to use when choosing a program or setting parameters. The touch activation lags in response. Directions for display are not great. But it gives a smooth cycling experience. Seat is comfortable.

Original review: April 11, 2020

This is a spin-bike. It has manual resistance and no electronic read-out. The price was industry average, as was the warranty. I bought it at Dick's Sporting Goods online, so I had no interaction with customer service. I have a small frame, 5'7" 120lbs, and the height adjustments on the saddle and handlebars were certainly adequate. The saddle also slides forward and backward. The pedals allow for clip-in shoes but I use normal trainers and do not have sore feet. I have owned this bike for over a year and it feels very smooth still without my having done any maintenance on it.

Original review: April 9, 2020

The cycle bike is great except the digital panel numbers are very hard to see & the battery runs out every 3 weeks or so. It is an excellent item at a great price; Comfortable to sit on, easy to use; light weight, simple to assemble.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I really recommend this. I enjoyed a lots. Easy to use, easy to carry. This helps me to fit. Always enjoy ride. Nowadays we all have to work out to become fit. Always reliable. I feel fresh and healthy. Health is great gift from Allah, as we all are busy so cycling is quiet easy exercise.

Original review: April 5, 2020

I've had two Life Fitness recumbent bikes over the course of about 12 years. The first was bought after a knee replacement and used to extended range of motion. The first needed computer parts and customer service was outstanding. Normal wear and tear did that machine in. I liked Life Fitness so much, though, I bought the almost same model again. It's easy to get in and out of, has a wide range of programs from which to select, and although not inexpensive it is the best out there for home use.

Original review: May 26, 2017

The Life Cycle 3500 was easy to set up. Two us of use it and we had to put a sharpie mark on the seat to know where to set it to for each of us, it doesn't have any sort of memory for the physical adjustments. But the programs are managed through a push button display, similar to a microwave. And I like that I can adjust the difficulty of it. Also, I can use some preprogrammed settings like climbing hills to get some interval training without having to manually change the tension from easy to hard. However, the bike is noisy, so if I want to ride and watch TV, I have to crank the television to uncomfortably loud levels. Also, it's so old that it can't connect to any fitness trackers or apps. I wish it was a recumbent bike instead of an upright. I think that would be easier on my wrists and back. Finally, I'd like an exercise bike that has a TV-tray type thing that can hold my laptop so I can surf the web while I work out.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The process of setting up and operating the bike was very simple and straightforward. Using it continues to be very easy and I like the positioning of the seat. It is very comfortable to sit on, and you can adjust the length easily. It is smooth to operate and you can access the up and down controls from the handles on the sides of the bike. However, I wish there were more opportunities for entertainment on the bike I own but there are no ways to plug in a device or watch any type of media on it.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Life Fitness Exercise Bike is easy to use and I can program it to do several different types of exercise goals. It's comfortable and I can adjust the speed or make it easy or hard depending on the workout.

Life Fitness Exercise Bikes author review by Joey Thurman

Life Fitness designs and manufactures cardio, group training and strength training equipment, as well as accessories and digital exercise devices. It has over 12 models of upright and recumbent exercise bikes geared toward cardio and strength training.

• Console variety: Lifecycle exercise bikes are equipped with state-of-the-art consoles. Consumers can choose from multiple options, all containing different features such as swipe-touch screens and personalization options. From Apple and Bluetooth compatibility to wireless connection capabilities, allowing for connection to iOS and Android devices, riders can watch media apps such as Hulu and Netflix while they exercise. Other console models have interactive courses that riders can navigate.

• Real-time feedback: Life Fitness exercise bikes come with heart monitors on the handles and a wireless adjustable chest strap that provide real-time data as the rider exercises. Each machine is equipped with personal profiles that can store each rider's fitness data.

• Warranties: Life Fitness typically offers three warranty options on its exercise bikes: a standard warranty, three-year extended warranty and five-year extended warranty. The standard warranty is free and includes three-year parts and one-year labor services. The three-year extended warranty is $199.99 and includes a five-year parts and three-year labor warranty. The five-year extended warranty is $299.99 and is a five-year parts and labor warranty.

• GX Group exercise bike: The Life Fitness GX Group exercise bike is an indoor cycle that mimics a professional road bike with an ergonomic design. It has an ergonomic seat and handlebar design with a large range of adjustments for both. It comes with an optional touch-screen computer that displays speed, distance, cadence, calories, time, heart rate and resistance level.

• Add-ons: Life Fitness has two add-ons for their exercise bikes: The Premium Equipment Mat and the Foam Roller. The mat is designed to be placed under the bike to increase exercise stability and prolong the life of the bike. The foam roller can be used post-workout to improve blood flow and reduce injury.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Life Fitness Exercise Bikes Company Information