Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.93/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Life Fitness Elliptical Machines Reviews

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

The F6 elliptical is smooth and perfect for home use. However, at 4 months, my machine shuts down after 35 minutes of working out. Parts are on back order for 2 months. This is not the level of service I expect for the money spent.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The machines are very smooth and offer a wide range of courses. There is no grinding of gears so your joints do not feel any vibration. The arm bars have a nice bend to them so you do not overstretch yourself.

Get expert buying tips about Ellipticals delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 6, 2017

I use this equipment at my gym. The equipment works reliably. I have noticed few pieces under repair. My main problem is that the elliptical thinks I can actually work up to a heart rate of 130 with this 67-year-old body. But this may be management that set it like that.

Original review: March 23, 2017

To use the Life Fitness elliptical, all you have to do is step on top of it and start moving your legs and arms. You can even customize your weight and fitness goals to make the workout more personal. I like that the elliptical is easy to use, and does not put too much strain on your body while you are working out. It burns more calories than a treadmill and at the same time is more enjoyable to use. I would probably improve one thing about the Life Fitness elliptical, though, and it is that it does not have a place where you can safely store your iPhone. Otherwise, very satisfying.

Original review: March 22, 2017

The Life Fitness elliptical is very easy to use and to set up. The design of the bike is great. I appreciate the offer and my favorite thing about it is that you can use the different types of technology and effective way to lose weight. I would like to add a screen to watch the beach or a different types of virtual world to make IT easier to work out, though. Overall, it's fun and fresh and exciting. I enjoy it very much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Fitness Elliptical Machines?

Original review: March 19, 2017

I like Life Fitness a lot as it has a lot of different functions that I am able to use and all of them are both challenging and fun and it makes me enjoy my time on the elliptical machine. Sometimes, the resistance is a little too high but the one lower than it isn't resistant enough. There must be a perfect sweet spot right in between the two for me to use because that would be amazing. But overall, the elliptical machine that I have is easy to use. The instructions are not hard and the directions are easy to follow. The quality of the machine is high and it's a great value for the price.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Life Fitness Elliptical Machines are great and I love it. It is sturdy and for commercial use. Mine is now old, but has served me well and continues to serve me well. It has lasted a very long time and provides a great workout. It is easy and it did not require any setup. The place I bought it from set it up. The machine works immediately when I get on. I just need to hit quick start and then I can adjust the tension. I wish there was any easier way to clean the machine and keep it clean. My sweat corrodes the metal despite cleaning it every time. Sweat gets into crevices and areas I cannot reach.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I like the touch screen and the handheld bars. I also like the different settings that Life Fitness offers - weight loss, fat burn, cardio - etc. I like that I can plug my headphones in. The only thing I do not love is the motion - it is more of a running motion and not up and down and I personally prefer the ellipticals that move more up and down. But, it is very easy to use. I usually just use the quick start mode but if I wanted to use another I just hit the button for that mode and it changes to whatever other option I would like. It is also easy to add in my height and weight for a more accurate reading.

Original review: March 15, 2017

My Life Fitness elliptical is extremely easy to use! Anyone can do it! When you are done it folds up in a corner! The only difficult thing about my elliptical is the fact that when you want to move it from one room to the other it can be difficult. It's very heavy and sometimes the wheel falls off. It's almost too heavy for one person to move. You need at least 2 people to move the elliptical. But I love the timer on my elliptical to keep track of how long I ride it each day! I also love the swinging handles. Not only do I get a good cardio workout in the legs I also use my upper body as well!!! I like just about everything on my personal elliptical. If I had to think of something it would be the cup holders. They come off and my kids like to play with them and they get lost in my house!!!

Original review: March 14, 2017

I enjoyed this machine very much but I did not need it anymore. Worked well while I had the machine. I do not have any complaints. I would recommend this to my friends and family. I was very satisfied with this machine and elliptical.

Life Fitness Elliptical Machines expert review by Joey Thurman

Life Fitness has been innovating fitness solutions for individuals and commercial fitness facilities for over 45 years. Many of their ellipticals feature Whisper Stride technology, which ensures a smooth, quiet workout experience.

• Commercial ellipticals: Life Fitness has several elliptical models for commercial fitness facilities, including the Elevation serious elliptical cross-trainer, the Elevation series flexstrider trainer, the Integrity series elliptical cross-trainer and the Activate series elliptical cross-trainer.

• High weight limit: Some of Life Fitness’ ellipticals, such as the Elevation series elliptical cross trainer for commercial facilities and the E1 elliptical cross trainer for home use, have a weight limit of 400 pounds, which is more than most ellipticals.

• Discover tablet consoles for commercial ellipticals: Life Fitness’s Discover consoles for commercial fitness equipment offer users a wide variety of entertainment options, including TV, Internet, interactive courses and asset management. They are also compatible with several apps, allowing users to sync their information for an easy way to track their progress.

• Home ellipticals: Life Fitness brings commercial grade quality to home fitness equipment with their durable treadmills that feature Whisper Stride technology, entertainment options, 20 resistance levels and more.

• Track+ Console for home ellipticals: The Track+ Console is available on several models of Life Fitness ellipticals. This console is compatible with Apple and Android devices to help users track their fitness and find entertainment throughout their workout.

• Best for: Life Fitness ellipticals are best for serious home trainers and commercial facilities.

Profile picture of Joey Thurman
Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Life Fitness Elliptical Machines Company Information