4.04/5
  • 1 star
Based on 27 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 16, 2017

27 Life Fitness Elliptical Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The machines are very smooth and offer a wide range of courses. There is no grinding of gears so your joints do not feel any vibration. The arm bars have a nice bend to them so you do not overstretch yourself.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I use this equipment at my gym. The equipment works reliably. I have noticed few pieces under repair. My main problem is that the elliptical thinks I can actually work up to a heart rate of 130 with this 67-year-old body. But this may be management that set it like that.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 23, 2017

To use the Life Fitness elliptical, all you have to do is step on top of it and start moving your legs and arms. You can even customize your weight and fitness goals to make the workout more personal. I like that the elliptical is easy to use, and does not put too much strain on your body while you are working out. It burns more calories than a treadmill and at the same time is more enjoyable to use. I would probably improve one thing about the Life Fitness elliptical, though, and it is that it does not have a place where you can safely store your iPhone. Otherwise, very satisfying.

Original review: March 22, 2017

The Life Fitness elliptical is very easy to use and to set up. The design of the bike is great. I appreciate the offer and my favorite thing about it is that you can use the different types of technology and effective way to lose weight. I would like to add a screen to watch the beach or a different types of virtual world to make IT easier to work out, though. Overall, it's fun and fresh and exciting. I enjoy it very much.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I like Life Fitness a lot as it has a lot of different functions that I am able to use and all of them are both challenging and fun and it makes me enjoy my time on the elliptical machine. Sometimes, the resistance is a little too high but the one lower than it isn't resistant enough. There must be a perfect sweet spot right in between the two for me to use because that would be amazing. But overall, the elliptical machine that I have is easy to use. The instructions are not hard and the directions are easy to follow. The quality of the machine is high and it's a great value for the price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Fitness Elliptical Machines?

Original review: March 17, 2017

Life Fitness Elliptical Machines are great and I love it. It is sturdy and for commercial use. Mine is now old, but has served me well and continues to serve me well. It has lasted a very long time and provides a great workout. It is easy and it did not require any setup. The place I bought it from set it up. The machine works immediately when I get on. I just need to hit quick start and then I can adjust the tension. I wish there was any easier way to clean the machine and keep it clean. My sweat corrodes the metal despite cleaning it every time. Sweat gets into crevices and areas I cannot reach.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I like the touch screen and the handheld bars. I also like the different settings that Life Fitness offers - weight loss, fat burn, cardio - etc. I like that I can plug my headphones in. The only thing I do not love is the motion - it is more of a running motion and not up and down and I personally prefer the ellipticals that move more up and down. But, it is very easy to use. I usually just use the quick start mode but if I wanted to use another I just hit the button for that mode and it changes to whatever other option I would like. It is also easy to add in my height and weight for a more accurate reading.

Original review: March 15, 2017

My Life Fitness elliptical is extremely easy to use! Anyone can do it! When you are done it folds up in a corner! The only difficult thing about my elliptical is the fact that when you want to move it from one room to the other it can be difficult. It's very heavy and sometimes the wheel falls off. It's almost too heavy for one person to move. You need at least 2 people to move the elliptical. But I love the timer on my elliptical to keep track of how long I ride it each day! I also love the swinging handles. Not only do I get a good cardio workout in the legs I also use my upper body as well!!! I like just about everything on my personal elliptical. If I had to think of something it would be the cup holders. They come off and my kids like to play with them and they get lost in my house!!!

Original review: March 14, 2017

I enjoyed this machine very much but I did not need it anymore. Worked well while I had the machine. I do not have any complaints. I would recommend this to my friends and family. I was very satisfied with this machine and elliptical.

Original review: March 12, 2017

My elliptical is very easy to use! Even on the first day that I bought it, I knew that I had made the right choice. It gives me great confidence in using it. It also comes with very good entertainment features! It is fun to use, and I get a good workout too so that definitely is a bonus! The durability is also great! It has held up very well, and I have never had any problems out of it whatsoever. I believe that I got a great value in buying my elliptical. It was bought on sale, and I wouldn't change a thing. I couldn't be happier with the machine and the value that I have in it! I would recommend it to my friends and family.

Original review: March 9, 2017

Life Fitness has different cardio workouts and also can incline. I enjoy the heart rate monitors and the headphone jacks with the television monitor. There is an emergency pull if needed. It's easy to use. I enter my weight, choose a workout and that's it. If at any time you decide to choose a different workout or manually choose the level of incline or speed it's super simple. Everything seems to fit my needs. It would be nice to keep track of personal use so that you could program your name and another family member's to compare previous workouts. But I wouldn't change anything except for maybe a fan.

Original review: March 5, 2017

Much more than current exercise equipment and durable as any machine out there. No need to ever worry about it being replaced. Best machine that is built for everyday use. Can be used very vigorously for everyday workouts and fits in with my everyday routine. Easy style to match your current trends. Easy on and off between cool down periods. Quiet and efficient workout so the other rooms won't hear you exercising. It was a lower price than I found from any store out there. Satisfied and best purchase I ever made! Keeps you so occupied that you forget what you’re doing while looking at your levels. So pop in a movie and enjoy your workout.

Original review: March 3, 2017

Works great and haven't had any issues at all. Easy to put together and use. Adjusts for various users and doesn't put strain on knees like running would. Probably could have gotten a better deal if I had shopped around more but at the time didn't have time and needed a good product with a familiar vendor. Lacking a lot of features but we are alright with that. We have our own setup for entertainment in the exercise room with surround sound and big screen TV so the features on our machines do not really matter. Some of the new ones seem easier and better thought out but for what my family does our product works great. Overall we cannot complain and expect to use the elliptical another few years.

Original review: March 2, 2017

The elliptical I purchased has such a wide range of options. Whether you're a kid, a middle-aged person like me, or even someone older, you can easily customize it so that it works for you. It has held up extremely well. I have a child living with me who loves to use it, probably using it more than me, and he isn't the gentlest person either. Not even a scratch or dent on the elliptical, let alone problems with the mechanics. Obviously, it's a little pricey, but for its great durability and performance, I can't really complain. I would definitely consider buying other items from this company.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I used this elliptical for quite a while and it hasn't failed me so I would tell my friends about this product until it does die out on me. I value this piece of equipment at a high value. It is really good and easy to use. All you have to do is get on it and start stepping. It's really simple. Anyone can use this equipment. I think that it might have been a little pricey, but that is okay for the quality of the exercise equipment. There isn't that much entertainment feature to it since I wanted a very simple exercise machine. It is really basic but it gets the job done which is amazing for me since I only use it for one thing.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Life Fitness elliptical is an affordable machinery considering the prolonged benefit to oneself in terms of overall health and fitness and is more cost effective than other leading brands that I researched. It's a strong piece of equipment that stands up to all external environmental factors found in all areas of the country. You will not find stronger equipment anywhere. It's easy to use for all levels of experience and for all age groups who may be in the market for such equipment. Highly recommended for people who want to achieve their personal fitness goals.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

It's very easy to use and pretty much self-explanatory. They have the standard features I would expect any piece of exercise equipment to have. It still has virtually no damage, though I haven't moved it since I bought it. If you have never used one before, getting the hang of it will be easy and you feel great because many parts of the body are being used. I can workout anytime I want and I'm in the privacy of my home where I can watch tv and listen to music without headphones so I am able to hear other noises. Also, I can increase the speed and incline which is great.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I love the quality of Life Fitness Elliptical machines. It makes you feel like you're not working out, but you are actually working out!!! It was worth the price I paid because it has a really comfortable seat and I lost lots of weight doing it. It was really easy to set up and use. I was satisfied with it because aside from losing weight, I also lost some fat. They are amazing.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I'm a big girl and their machine handles me easily. Twice a day every day for 9 months and it still looks and feels brand new. It costs a little more, but so worth it. I used to go to the gym, but now, my exercise gets done right here in my room. It saves money, gas and most importantly time, I never have enough of that. It's very easy to set up and use. Everything is adjustable and easy because it's set up just for you and not the person before you at the gym and no dried up sweat, EWWWW! It's not only a great machine...but it's not as boring as a regular elliptical. The entertainment features get me back on and keep me back on for a longer period of time. I recommend it for a long term solution for anybody.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My elliptical machine held up to my excessive use, and challenged me every time. As much money I have spent on my elliptical machine, it still holds its value since I still use it every day and I will be able to use it for many years to come. At first it took time to get used to the whole physical process but as time went on my body got used to the workout as I got more in shape. The machine monitors your time and activity as well as the calories you are burning. It keeps you working out to achieve your goals.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Great value! This was purchased for me as a gift but it was definitely not breaking the bank. I would sincerely recommend this product. It was simple to put together and I have had it for about 2 years with no issue. I use it frequently and have never had any mechanical problem. Also, this elliptical is very easy to use. There is little to no fuss. You can set it up quickly and just use it. Though it didn't come with any fancy feature that you see the newer ellipticals with, I have the timer and the distance tracker on it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

It's a great exercise machine that works well and an absolutely amazing product that you will not regret buying. It's well worth the money. The machine is very easy to use and there are a lot of features that comes with it. You can hook your phone to it and listen to music as well as answering phone calls. It also keeps track of how many calories you have burned. It's amazing. I've never had one problem with it and I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

When I had my elliptical it was extremely durable. The arms of the elliptical were made of a nice thick and resistant plastic. The leg pegs were nice and had great grip. It was really smooth to operate. For the amount of money I spent on this I was leery at first that it would even be worth it at a lower price. I loved that I was able to get several years of use out of it. This elliptical was extremely easy to use and the settings were so easy to understand. There was never a point where it seemed that the motions got stuck so I was always able to easily glide. Since I decided to go with a really basic elliptical other than the screen for the settings, I didn't choose to have a TV or anything in it. With that being said that screen was really nice and clear to see.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

It's made with heavy duty plastic but built well. It seems sturdy and that it will last. I wish they used metal because that would really last. But it was worth the money. I waited for this product to go on sale before I bought it and I couldn't be happier. It's very easy to use - pretty self explanatory and self propelled. Once you get the hang of how to use this elliptical there's no stopping. There really isn't any entertainment features on this product though. I always use my iPod when working out and pick my own music. It helps to keep me motivated.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

The ProForm elliptical is the best way to get the extra body builder. It is a good machine to work with and I really appreciate the opportunity to work out. It cost a good penny but it was worth every penny. It really tone your body and it's very easy to use. Just set it and work your way to success. I enjoy working out everyday and I like the way my body look. My husband also exercise on it before he leaves for work. I just want everyone to work out with me and enjoy the rest of the year. I know others will be able to enjoy it, too.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The value was good. I bought it on sale for under 150 and it was ok for the price we paid. I used it for almost a year until I got a new job that never allowed me the time to use it so I sold it for half of what I paid for it. But I would buy a new one in the future. It was extremely easy to use and beneficial and did provide a good work out when I got the time to use it. As far as entertainment options available on the model I had, you had a calorie counter and timer to let you know how many calories you burned and how long you used the elliptical.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

My elliptical was very dependable, very accurate, and very safe. Its quality was very good. It was awesome all the way around and it was cool and easy to use. I really enjoy it and have a lot of fun on it. It's keeps me, my family, my friends, and anyone that comes and visits entertained. It's been great for me and it last me a long time. I paid a real good price for it. I got it second hand and it was in real good shape. I couldn't have asked for a better deal than what I got.

Life Fitness Elliptical Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Life Fitness has been innovating fitness solutions for individuals and commercial fitness facilities for over 45 years. Many of their ellipticals feature Whisper Stride technology, which ensures a smooth, quiet workout experience.

• Commercial ellipticals: Life Fitness has several elliptical models for commercial fitness facilities, including the Elevation serious elliptical cross-trainer, the Elevation series flexstrider trainer, the Integrity series elliptical cross-trainer and the Activate series elliptical cross-trainer.

• High weight limit: Some of Life Fitness’ ellipticals, such as the Elevation series elliptical cross trainer for commercial facilities and the E1 elliptical cross trainer for home use, have a weight limit of 400 pounds, which is more than most ellipticals.

• Discover tablet consoles for commercial ellipticals: Life Fitness’s Discover consoles for commercial fitness equipment offer users a wide variety of entertainment options, including TV, Internet, interactive courses and asset management. They are also compatible with several apps, allowing users to sync their information for an easy way to track their progress.

• Home ellipticals: Life Fitness brings commercial grade quality to home fitness equipment with their durable treadmills that feature Whisper Stride technology, entertainment options, 20 resistance levels and more.

• Track+ Console for home ellipticals: The Track+ Console is available on several models of Life Fitness ellipticals. This console is compatible with Apple and Android devices to help users track their fitness and find entertainment throughout their workout.

• Best for: Life Fitness ellipticals are best for serious home trainers and commercial facilities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs