4.58/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Hygeia Breast Pumps

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Hygeia Breast Pumps Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was hesitant that anything my insurance would cover wouldn’t be that great, but this whole experience has been great! My doctor's office sent in the prescription, and I received my pump within about a week (well before my delivery!) This pump is by far better than my old Medela! I’m so happy with it! Great suction, easy to use, and lots of accessory options. Bonus: it works on a battery so you can go cordless! I love that you can order different sizes of flanges for the pump.

As a large chested woman, I could never get a good fit with my other brand and the large flanges fit perfectly. I ordered a few extra parts and accessories and one of them was a similar item number but not what I ordered. I called customer service and they were AWESOME! They made sure I was happy, and sent me the correct item quickly! The representative I spoke with was beyond helpful and made the entire process super easy. I’ve been so happy with my results in pumping, ease of use, and the company in general. I would highly recommend this product to anyone that will listen.

Hi Krystal,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have had such a great experience with our pump and you love it as much as we do!

Again, thank you for choosing Hygeia to be a part of your breast feeding journey! We are excited to be a part of it.

-Casandra

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I wanted to leave comment to recognize the staff at Hygeia. First let me preface by saying this company has very high standards of customer care from what I can tell!! I received their brand pump through my insurance and before that I have never heard of the company and I did not expect much from the pump itself or them. I thought for any questions I would be dealing with my insurance. So once I started using the pump I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency and comfort level I experienced right away.

I did however have a problem with the initial pump I was sent so after dealing with string of people from my insurance I finally got smart and called the customer service number provided on the back of the pump however it was after hours. Instead of waiting until the morning I sent an email to customer service explaining my issue. I received a response bright and early and was able to speak to a representative later on in the day. With no hassle at all I was informed of the warranty their pumps carry and we took care of "defecting" my original pump out during that very same phone call. I received the new pump promptly which gave me even more reason to appreciate the company.

This past Friday I had to reach out to customer support with a concern and again, receiving the same level of care, I was able to resolve my problem within 20 minutes of troubleshooting. I was sent out replacement parts complimentary and have been pumping better and faster since. I am thoroughly impressed with Hygeia and am so thankful this is the pump I was sent for my first pumping experience. Thank you so much to the ladies that have taken care of me. You are very great at what you do!!!

Hello Diana,

Thank you so much for your review! We at Hygeia pride ourselves in great customer service. I am glad you reached out to us for help with your pump. We have our warranty in place for situations such as this, and are always here and happy to help! Please always feel free to reach out to us with help or questions at 888-786-7466. - Victoria M.

Get expert buying tips about Breast Pump delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I received a pump through my insurance from them. I did not get to choose the pump or brand, so I had never heard from them before. I received the Enjoye pump and it has done its job well for me as I exclusively pump. Well 4 months in and my pump adaptor breaks in the pump, I was so sad. I emailed Customer Care and I emailed Victoria ** and she was so wonderful. I was able to get a replacement shipped to me within 3 hours. The customer service is the best and I will definitely go to them for my next pump.

Hi Alexandra,

Again, thank you for choosing Hygeia to be apart of your breast feeding journey! We are excited to be a part of it. -Casandra

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I received this pump through my insurance and didn’t know how good I had it! It wasn’t until I was given a Medela from a friend (so I could keep one at home and one at work) that I realized how good it was. 1) WIRELESS | Game changer! And the battery life is impressive. I pumped at least 3 times a day and rarely ever charged it. 2) GREAT SUCTION | finding the right size flanges and which suction thingy works for you is key. The suction was GREAT esp against the Medela (that was not wireless). I even tried a hospital grade pump (like rented it from the hospital) and the Hygeia had the same level of suction. Medela flanges work with it and the noise level is not silent but it’s not a deal breaker considering the other pros. I didn’t find it terribly cumbersome - I lugged it back and forth to work every day and lived to tell about it! I’m pregnant again and I’m excited to get another enjoy so I can keep one at work and one at home!

Hello Tiffany,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear this! Our Enjoye Cordless pump is amazing for its rechargeable battery feature, we agree it is a game changer! We are honored to be apart of your breastfeeding journey. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions, we are always happy to help. Have a wonderful day! - Angie

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I used a different brand pump for my first baby and it was not efficient. When I had my second baby I decided to try a Hygeia and it worked great! For the third baby I decided to try another Hygeia and worked with my insurance company thru the distributor they used and was having a difficult getting the Hygeia pump so I contacted Hygeia direct and got nothing but the best customer service. I even got a call from the supervisor who worked directly with me and the company my insurance works with to get the claim completed and pump sent to me.

The team went above and beyond to get me the pump and on top of that the pump is a very high quality pump. It allows you to change suction and speed and comes with a tote bag and every accessory you need. I only recommend the Hygeia pump to others and let them know they will also get top notch customer service from their team! I love the great quality of Hygeia pump but what makes them even better is the fabulous customer service they have as well. You can’t go wrong!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hygeia Breast Pumps?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I am really satisfied with my Hygeia Breastpump Enjoye, it is powerful, yet gentle. Excellent Customer service, I requested an instruction booklet and was sent to me immediately. I am really glad, will definitely recommend to my friends.

Hi Susana,

-Casandra

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I found this product on my local offer up (neighborhood mobile application). The seller was offering it for a discounted price because she said she accidentally ordered two by mistake. My wife has had her hands full ever since the birth of our daughter so I thought I would do her a favor and surprise her with this. She has been so happy with me ever since I purchased it. She tells me it works much better than her previous pump.

Hello Andrew!

Thank you for the great review! That is very kind of you to help out your wife and surprise her with our pump. We are thrilled that you decided to take a chance on us, and let Hygeia be a part of her breastfeeding journey. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at 888-786-7466! - Victoria M.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I purchased the Hygeia Enjoye for my wife because she complained about her previous breast pump. Since I ordered this off Amazon, she has been incredibly pleased with its performance. I couldn't be happier with the product and fully recommend it to others. Happy wife = happy life :).

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your wife has had such a great experience with our pump and you love it as much as we do!

-Casandra

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

The product is extremely high quality. I purchased mine on Amazon for less than $200, which I think is lower than other sites I’ve seen. I used to have a Elvie Pump Single Electric which was a bit more expensive. I am very busy so I wanted something more effective. The Hygeia is a double pump and nearly half the price.

Hello Wenhan,

Thank you for the very kind review. We love that our Hygeia Enjoye is part of your breastfeeding journey, and thank you for letting us be a part of it. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 888-786-7466! - Victoria M.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I bought this product for my wife after a recommendation from a coworker. I was somewhat skeptical initially based on the fact that I received my recommendation from a male coworker, however his wife raved about it so much I thought there must be something special about it. Let's just say that I won the lottery and my wife couldn't be happier. Highly recommended for other male prospective buyers!

Hi Anish,

Hygeia Breast Pumps expert review by Sandra Gordon

Hygeia is a breast pump company that features hospital-grade electric breast pumps for personal and multi-person use. Hygeia is the only breast pump company to be endorsed by La Leche League International, a breast-feeding advocacy group, and supported by the World Health Organization.

• Pump selection: Hygeia offers a single-user, double electric pump called the Hygeia Q; a double-electric, multi-user pump called the Hygeia Enjoye; a cordless Enjoye model; and two options for manual pumping including a one-handed and two-handed pump.

• Accessories and parts: You can purchase BPA-free parts and accessories for your pump, including nursing pads, valves, power cords, tubing, car chargers, filters, milk storage bags and more.

• Insurance coverage: Hygeia works with mothers to help them receive a hospital grade pump through the Affordable Care Act. You can use their website’s handy tool to find out if your plan is one of many that will cover the Hygeia Enjoye pump. Many insurance plans will also cover bottles, tubing and filters for the pump.

• Endorsements: A Hygeia pump comes with a La Leche League International membership that provides mother-to-mother support. The company is the only breast pump company to be endorsed by La Leche League International. Additionally, the Hygeia Enjoye hospital-grade double-electric pump has received the Pump of the Year award for five years in a row.

• Customer support: In addition to its own customer service and helpful website, Hygeia provides referrals to local lactation consultants to provide one-on-one advice and troubleshooting for both pumping and breast-feeding.

• Best for: frequent pumpers and those who have trouble feeding.

Profile picture of Sandra Gordon
      Sandra Gordon Parenting Products Contributing Editor

Specializing in health and medicine, Sandra Gordon has written extensively about cord blood banking for national and regional parenting magazines. She also has written about baby products, including breast pumps, for national and regional parenting magazines, blogs and books. Her work has appeared in hundreds of publications, including Parents, Prevention, Woman’s Day and Self. Gordon also appears on TV as a baby safety and money-saving expert. She is also the author of 10 books and the founder of babyproductsmom.com, a site dedicated to helping new parents gear up safely and within their budget.

Hygeia Breast Pumps Company Information