3.63/5

48 Hygeia Breast Pumps Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 1, 2019

My wife and I just had our third child. She previously used Medela with the past two children and upgraded to the Hygeia for our third child. She raves about this pump and its power! In addition, the pump is cordless, has personal controls to where she can control the speed and suction independently from one another, and is very powerful! She can get as much milk as she got with the Medela when only pumping five minutes. She had to pump at least fifteen minutes with the Medela. She also ordered the Spectra and prefers the Hygeia over the Spectra. She feels the Hygeia is more powerful and much easier to use. The ordering process was super simple. She learned of the pump at her OBGYN office and came home and ordered online. The pump was here in three days! The easiest thing ever. We have nothing but great things to say about the pump and its ordering process.

Hello Cullen!

Thank you for your great feedback. We enjoy hearing how much our moms are loving their pump, and how easy it is to use. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are always happy to help! - Victoria

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I am so extremely grateful for my Hygeia Enjoye Cordless breast pump. I used it with my first baby and was able to nurse and pump for 13 months. This pump allowed me to easily pump when I went back to work as a medical sales representative, and with this pump I had the ability to pump on the go. Also a pump like the Hygeia enjoye allowed me not only conveniently pump but also was easy when traveling. Now with my second baby I am currently using my Hygeia pump again and as a result of an increase in demand of milk from this baby, the Hygeia Enjoye pump has helped me to meet this demand and produce more milk as a result. Thank you Hygeia for an amazing pump that is convenient, powerful and amazing!

Hi Lindsay,

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you have had such a great experience with our pump and you love it as much as we do!

Again, thank you for choosing Hygeia again to be apart of your breast feeding journey!

-Casandra

Get expert buying tips about Breast Pump delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I received this pump through my insurance and didn’t know how good I had it! It wasn’t until I was given a Medela from a friend (so I could keep one at home and one at work) that I realized how good it was. 1) WIRELESS | Game changer! And the battery life is impressive. I pumped at least 3 times a day and rarely ever charged it. 2) GREAT SUCTION | finding the right size flanges and which suction thingy works for you is key. The suction was GREAT esp against the Medela (that was not wireless). I even tried a hospital grade pump (like rented it from the hospital) and the Hygeia had the same level of suction. Medela flanges work with it and the noise level is not silent but it’s not a deal breaker considering the other pros. I didn’t find it terribly cumbersome - I lugged it back and forth to work every day and lived to tell about it! I’m pregnant again and I’m excited to get another enjoy so I can keep one at work and one at home!

Hello Tiffany,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear this! Our Enjoye Cordless pump is amazing for its rechargeable battery feature, we agree it is a game changer! We are honored to be apart of your breastfeeding journey. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions, we are always happy to help. Have a wonderful day! - Angie

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The Hygeia cordless breast pump is a great product! As I first time mom I was a little intimidated by breast pumps but this one made it easy. The parts attach easily and it’s an absolute breeze to clean. Love that you get 2 different suction options so you can see what works best for you. I found it to make the process much less daunting than I expected it to be. Oh and it’s cordless and well you may think that’s not that big of a deal but let me tell you it is!!

Hi Tessa!

Thank you for your amazing review! It brings us much joy to see how much you love our pump and how easy it was to use as a first time mom. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your breastfeeding journey! You can reach out to us if you ever have any questions. - VM

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I used a different brand pump for my first baby and it was not efficient. When I had my second baby I decided to try a Hygeia and it worked great! For the third baby I decided to try another Hygeia and worked with my insurance company thru the distributor they used and was having a difficult getting the Hygeia pump so I contacted Hygeia direct and got nothing but the best customer service. I even got a call from the supervisor who worked directly with me and the company my insurance works with to get the claim completed and pump sent to me.

The team went above and beyond to get me the pump and on top of that the pump is a very high quality pump. It allows you to change suction and speed and comes with a tote bag and every accessory you need. I only recommend the Hygeia pump to others and let them know they will also get top notch customer service from their team! I love the great quality of Hygeia pump but what makes them even better is the fabulous customer service they have as well. You can’t go wrong!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hygeia Breast Pumps?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I leave this pump at work for my mid-day pump and have a hospital grade one I use at home. I honestly don't notice much of a difference between the super expensive (>$1,000) hospital grade pump and my Hygeia pump. My hospital grade pump is a Medela but I end up using the Hygeia parts (bottles, flanges) with it because I like them better, it is really nice that they are interchangeable.

Hello Sunny,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoy using our products. Feel free to reach out to us anytime if you have any questions. Have a wonderful day! :) - Angie, Hygeia CS.

Original review: March 25, 2019

My breast pump stopped working one day. I contacted customer support and they troubleshooted the issue with me. After we had no success, I was promptly sent a new cord. That fixed it! Highly recommend.

Hello Anna,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that we were able to get this taken care of for you! Feel free to reach out to us any time if you have any questions :) Have a wonderful day! -Angie, Hygeia CS.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My pump was sent out within one day of ordering, but unfortunately never showed up at my house (Due to FedEx). I contacted Hygeia and they did what they could to try to locate the package with FedEx. Unfortunately the package could not be found but Hygeia sent me a new pump within the week! They were very nice and easy to work with on this issue!

Hello Kim!

Thank you for your kind review. Our moms are our top priority, so making sure you have a pump even when these kinds of delivery issues happen is very important to us. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. - Victoria M.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I love the Hygeia Enjoye pump and ordered it again with my second baby. I have had numerous issues with the pump parts. I received replacement parts with my insurance and noticed difference in quality between the plastic parts and bottles, even wrong measurements on the bottles. In some bottles 2 ounces of milk would measure 3 ounces. The valves would also slip off the pump base. I was told by the customer rep that the pump parts should not be sterilized prior to use and that’s why my valves didn’t fit properly on the bases. While they sent me replacement parts and bottles, it’s not worth the headache. I love the pump, but will be ordering Medela bottles and valves to use moving forward.

Hi Ena,

Congratulations on your second baby! We are so happy that you love your Hygeia Breast pump and have ordered another one for your second baby. Thank you for contacting us on the parts issue you were having. We will continue to look into this on our end. We are so glad that you are still able to find a solution on the parts to use with a breast pump that you love. Your breastfeeding journey is very important to us. If you have any other questions, please reach out to us. – Victoria

Original review: March 21, 2019

On the website the company advertises a cordless Hygeia Enjoye which is why I was interested in the product to begin with, but what they actually send you without your consent is a a basic model that needs an external battery pack purchased separately on your own dime to be "cordless". They claim my insurance would only cover the basic model but I have a written consent from my insurance company that I can purchase any single breast pump I want and once I send in my receipt, they will reimburse me.

However, because in the process of just checking to see if I qualified for the breast pump on the site they sent me a product I don't want and can't use as a working/traveling mom, I'm stuck with a useless model. Hygeia refuses to make it right with exchanging the product for the correct model or even sending me the external battery pack to make it "cordless" as advertised. Beware of their bait and switch tactics.

Hello Keiga,

As we had mentioned, the cordless pump was actually not fully covered by your insurance. After collecting the additional fee, the cordless model was sent to you. We are happy to have been able to help you in getting the cordless model that you wanted. Feel free to reach out to us anytime if you have any questions. Have a wonderful day! :) - Angie, Hygeia CS.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My power cord dropped and broke and it is not covered under their warranty. I never received a any documentation on what the warranty did or did not cover. I requested replacement parts and was told that my insurance would not cover replacement parts. I ordered a new pump from a different company and my insurance did approve-so I don't know why they wouldn't approve parts when they approved a whole new pump. Do not buy from this company.

Hi Angelica,

Per our emails, unfortunately since the pump and the power supply were dropped and broke, this would void our warranty. Physical damage is not considered a manufactured defect. You agreed to our warranty policy, when your breast pump application was submitted. If you have any other questions or anything we can help you with please let us know. Thank you, Victoria

Original review: March 9, 2019

I've been pumping now for 3 months with my Hygeia and love this pump. It's easy to use, very powerful and I'm able to express my milk in less than 10 minutes. I work and have to use the pump at my job every day. We are lucky and have a pumping room so its convenient for me. I wish more moms knew about this product, it's really, really good.

Hello Miranda,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you love our pump as much as we do! We are truly honored to be apart of your breastfeeding journey and are pleased to hear that our pump has worked so well for you. Feel free to reach us at any time for any questions, we are always happy to assist. Have a wonderful day! - Angie

Original review: March 5, 2019

I got this pump from my insurance and was pleasantly surprised after not recognizing the brand. The pump is very high performing and then I had no idea how convenient and wonderful the cordless feature is. It allowed me to pump anywhere, anytime and did not have to plug into a wall. It saved me more than few times. Also, they have wonderful customer service. I called in and had some questions they were really nice and easy to deal with. This is a great product that I wish more people knew about.

Hello Christy,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your Enjoye Cordless pump. We are truly honored to be apart of your breast feeding journey. Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always happy to help! - Angie

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I had chosen my breast pump from a different company and had my prescription faxed in to my doctor to have it signed and approved but the office staff had already been bribed with Starbucks and incentives to send out Hygeia pumps to ALL expectant mothers. To my surprise I open the box to find heavy equipment and low quality products and a few cheap accessories to make up for it. The pump is loud and I was able to express more milk manually. It’s complete garbage. I was offered an exchange for another product, just send in the machine, I get a call and the rep retracted her request to now include all the garbage accessories she had told me to keep. Do yourself a favor, have your physician sign your prescription and send it in yourself. Your insurance only pays for one pump, make sure it is the one you want.

Hi Yadira!

I apologize this wasn’t a smooth ordering process for you. I am glad we were able to get this issue taken care of and get you the breast pump that you requested. If you have any other questions, please reach out to us! We are always here to help, and make your breastfeeding journey as easy as possible! – Victoria

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Made a call, after receiving several emails requesting a photo of the front and back of my insurance card. Which I provided upon request, several times. Today received a final notice email, although I had done my part. I was connected to a combative male representative named Sammie. He refused to call my insurance, take their number or the name of the representative that I deal with personally. He also told me I had not sent in my insurance information and was unable to help. Frustrated, because I'm looking at my successfully sent emails containing the requested attachments and asked he call my insurance and he refused and continued to be combative.

I asked to be transferred to a woman, because I am 27 weeks pregnant and do not wish to be unnecessarily stressed - exactly what he was doing. He laughed and said ok then the line went silent for several minutes. I hung up and reached a young lady named Melissa who listen to me and agreed to call my insurance and said she would even call me later today. Sammie should not be in customer service. He is not helpful and preferred to be rude and brush me off. My doctor recommended this company to me. I am highly unsatisfied.

Hello Kandyce,

No problem, we are happy to hear that you have been taken care of. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with, we are happy to help. -Angie

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I used the cordless Hygeia Enjoye with my son and it was an absolute life saver. Not only was I able to get more milk than with the Medela pump that I first tried, it was also cordless which made it possible for me to continue with my to-do-list while pumping. If I wouldn’t have found the Enjoye, I don’t know that I would have continued pumping for as long as I did.

Hygeia Breast Pumps response

HI Jade- We are so happy to hear that we are a positive part of your Breastfeeding journey. Thank you for the kind review. Thank you, Jenny

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

My doctor ordered this pump for me and I like it a lot. It shipped right to my door and I had it before I had my baby. I used it to help with engorgement issues I was having, and will be using it when I go back to work. It is strong and so light, I love it!

Hello Nan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! That is great news, we are happy to hear that our pump was able to help with your engorgement issue that you were experiencing. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions, we are always happy to help. -Angie

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I got this pump through my insurance with my daughter two years ago and just got another one with my son. I love that the company recycled my other pump when I finished with it. I pumped for 16 months with my daughter and loved the extra pump parts I got every few months since I was constantly washing parts every day. The pump was easy, quiet and comfortable! I clearly liked it since I am using the same pump again with my son!

Hi Madison,

Congratulations on your new addition to your family! We are glad to hear that you are loving your Hygeia pump as much as we do and thank you for your review!

Thank you for choosing Hygeia.

-Casandra

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Great pump for a working mom or someone on the go. I used this pump a lot in the car or traveling, super easy to charge then pack and go! Overall had a great experience with my Hygeia pump, would highly recommend!

Hi Maureen!

Thank you for the great review. We are glad you love using the Hygeia cordless feature as much as we do. It is a great way to stay on the go! Please always feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns. - Victoria

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My wife uses the Hygeia and loves it. She used the Medela in the past and it was super loud, didn’t have a filter and took her a lot longer time to pump. The Hygeia is faster, more efficient, quieter and more hygienic. Plus, she can use the Hygeia anywhere since she doesn’t have to be plugged into an outlet. It’s worked out well for us when we travel. Good product for new moms.

Hygeia Breast Pumps response

Hello! Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your wife loves our pump as much as we do! We are honored to be apart of her breastfeeding journey. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions, we are always happy to help. Have a wonderful day! - Angie

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I was very pleased with the customer service Victoria gave. She listened to my concern and was very helpful troubleshooting my difficulty. She was helpful answering questions and being supportive of my journey breastfeeding. I appreciated the quick response of sending new parts out overnight without even requesting. Overall great customer service and I am pleased with how my pump is now working.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I put in an application for an insurance covered breast pump page and I wasn’t sure it worked but about a month later this pump showed up at my mother in law's house and not know what it was. The box was opened. Well when I tried to return it after reading all the bad reviews I was told I wouldn’t be able to so now I’m stuck with this oversized super loud pump I don’t like.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My doctor's office ordered this pump for me, and I could not believe how quickly it arrived! I tried setting it up but the suction was really bad, so I called the number on the box. I spoke to someone in customer service who talked me through the setup. It turns out I had not put the pump together the right way (oops!), and now it is working great! I've really got the hang of it now, and I'll be ready to go back to work when I need to next month. I'm so glad I got this pump. It is so nice and the people at Hygeia were so nice when they helped me!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

So to start off my OB doctor put in an order for a Hygeia pump without my approval when I had already had ordered my Medela through my insurance company. Well yeah - I got it a few days after the order was placed, I was shocked how quick. I called customer service for Hygeia explaining what had happened and was told that as long as the box was not opened I could send it back which I did. Well a month or so later I got a bill from my insurance being billed for the pump which I returned! Because being a mother is hard enough not to mention a mother of three I found emailing Hygeia would be easier rather than having screaming kids in the background while trying to explain my situation, I NEVER got a reply back! I emailed them three more times and two months later I'm still waiting to hear back from them! I guess they are gonna have to deal with me and my screaming kids because I plan to call them and wait on the phone until this issue is resolved!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I went on this website to order a pump and I got the pump shipped to me just a few days later! And what's better, the pump is cordless and came with a pretty nice tote! For my last baby, I had the Medela, which was fine. But with the Hygeia I can adjust the controls so I get more milk, faster. I also used my pump on an airplane, which I couldn't do if it wasn't cordless. I highly recommend this pump, it works great!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have Enjoyed electric breast pump. The suction is not strong enough, doesn't create a good seal and keeps pouring milk back. Just a waste of time and milk. My insurance covered it but I did not like it at all.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I went online just to verify what I qualified for... next thing you know I have an approved order email yet have no idea what I was approved for. Don’t ignore the other negative comments. Go to Areoflow!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

This is a breast pump and it does just that. It simply pumps milk. However, I can compare it to the Medela pump and have to say the Medela was farrr better. I was able to get more milk when I used the Medela probably because the shield fit me better (Hygeia doesn't have more than 2 sizes) and because the Medela has an automated cycle that mimics a baby's natural nursing tendencies (slower, faster, etc). The Hygeia is also super loud and doesn't sell all of the parts to easily pump away from home, which is where I'm pumping 90% of the time. I didn't realize that when I bought it. They do sell a small insulated zipper pouch to store milk you've pumped (bottles not included), an ice pack for the pouch, and a bag that doesn't close for you to dump everything in.

I personally won't use that open bag when I'm bringing my pump to work because it doesn't stand up straight and seems like things can easily fall out of it. It's just very cheap. The pump also hurts my nipples when pumping. I thought that was normal until I used the Medela and with that pump I realized that I could use max suction and it still wouldn't hurt. Amazing. I would definitely recommend spending the money to get a different pump. The funny thing is that I don't think Hygeia is even the cheapest pump out there even though it feels cheap when I use it.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have had this pump for about a year now, but did not start using it until about 6 months ago when my daughter was born... received it through my Dr's office, was not given any choice on a pump, I would have never chose this brand. First off the pump is so loud you can't concentrate on anything else. The pump since day one has never been strong enough to pump both breasts at once. They only have size medium or large breast shields. If your nipple aren't on the larger side they will not work. It makes it to where there is not tight seal causing the milk to come back out of the top of the shield... for me I don't pump much as is, this causes more waste than anything else.

Now, after using this pump for 6 months I have started to leave reviews around as a warning to other mothers. We are lucky enough insurance covers pumps, but this pump will have you coming out of pocket for another. As I have begun to leave these reviews the company that fulfilled the order (a breast pump and more) conveniently has begun to call me.

After ALMOST a year they tell me they sent me two and insurance only covers one and I need to return the other or I will be held responsible. First off, I walked out of my Dr. office with mine, 2nd off I never got two... 3rd why would I ever want 2 when the first doesn't even work well? 4th I didn't even know the company this order was placed through until they started calling me... 5th why has it taken almost a year to call me? 6th why would you send two without verifying through insurance it would be covered and verifying my address as I have moved? 7th the lady on the phone couldn't even tell me the day that the 2nd pump was sent or why they are just now calling after almost a YEAR!!!

Then she proceeded to tell me that every so often they send out new parts for the machines, etc. and this is why they noticed I "received two." OK and who asked for a replacement? It certainly was not me? Now I am going to have to contact my insurance to ensure this place is not charging for items that I have never even requested or even asked for... this place is seriously up to no good!!! insurance fraud... I think so.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I am thoroughly pleased with this company. Here's why: Enjoye Pump: This double electric pump was covered by my insurance company. I love the flexibility to adjust speed and strength settings, and to single or double pump. The best part is that because it is a closed system, I can use it again with future children. It's a little on the noisy side, but totally worth it.

Bottles: The bottles with the orange ink are easy to read and the measurements are accurate. They're easy to clean and the lids don't leak! Some of the newer two-part lids don't snap together as well as the old ones, but they still seal tight when screwed on the bottles. It's also nice that these bottles are compatible with my Lansinoh hand pump. Customer Service: This company's customer service is truly exceptional. They answer emails quickly, they provide thorough information and clarification, and they're willing to work with you through an issue you may have. I couldn't be more thrilled that I selected this company for my pumping needs!

Hygeia Breast Pumps expert review by Sandra Gordon

Hygeia is a breast pump company that features hospital-grade electric breast pumps for personal and multi-person use. Hygeia is the only breast pump company to be endorsed by La Leche League International, a breast-feeding advocacy group, and supported by the World Health Organization.

• Pump selection: Hygeia offers a single-user, double electric pump called the Hygeia Q; a double-electric, multi-user pump called the Hygeia Enjoye; a cordless Enjoye model; and two options for manual pumping including a one-handed and two-handed pump.

• Accessories and parts: You can purchase BPA-free parts and accessories for your pump, including nursing pads, valves, power cords, tubing, car chargers, filters, milk storage bags and more.

• Insurance coverage: Hygeia works with mothers to help them receive a hospital grade pump through the Affordable Care Act. You can use their website’s handy tool to find out if your plan is one of many that will cover the Hygeia Enjoye pump. Many insurance plans will also cover bottles, tubing and filters for the pump.

• Endorsements: A Hygeia pump comes with a La Leche League International membership that provides mother-to-mother support. The company is the only breast pump company to be endorsed by La Leche League International. Additionally, the Hygeia Enjoye hospital-grade double-electric pump has received the Pump of the Year award for five years in a row.

• Customer support: In addition to its own customer service and helpful website, Hygeia provides referrals to local lactation consultants to provide one-on-one advice and troubleshooting for both pumping and breast-feeding.

• Best for: frequent pumpers and those who have trouble feeding.

Profile picture of Sandra Gordon
Sandra Gordon Parenting Products Contributing Editor

Specializing in health and medicine, Sandra Gordon has written extensively about cord blood banking for national and regional parenting magazines. She also has written about baby products, including breast pumps, for national and regional parenting magazines, blogs and books. Her work has appeared in hundreds of publications, including Parents, Prevention, Woman’s Day and Self. Gordon also appears on TV as a baby safety and money-saving expert. She is also the author of 10 books and the founder of babyproductsmom.com, a site dedicated to helping new parents gear up safely and within their budget.

Hygeia Breast Pumps Company Information