Hygeia Breast Pumps

Compare Breast Pumps

Research top Breast Pumps recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Purchased a Hygeia EnJoye LBI Professional Grade Breast Pump and it broke within a week after I used it. Manufacturer would not stand by their product and refused to fix my pump. Very dishonest company.

It works very well, helped to relieve a lot of pain and pressure on my breasts I was having. It was very easy to use. Good quality as well. Very durable. I was even able to put parts in the dishwasher without damaging them. I've even dropped it on the floor a few times. Did not crack or break at all. It was not very expensive. It lasted me for as long as I needed it. I did not have to replace it. Very comfortable, just the right size. With just the right amount of suction, which I could adjust. Did not make me feel uncomfortable or sore at all. Actually using it, was a relief for me.

The effective of using this product was amazing. I had great use of using this item. I couldn't ask for a better product. It was great, thanks. The durability was great. It didn't break at all. I seriously would use it again if I had to. The value was great. Never thought I'd use something like this. And I would recommend it to anyone that needed a breast pump. The pump was sort of uncomfortable. But the use of it was good. I had no problem with the use or the product itself. The comfort level could be better though.

As a new mother the very thought of going through the process of breast feeding was enough to give me a brain aneurysm. This product really helped me get what I needed as far as the milking process goes. Although not the cleanest process in the world, the clean up after each milking was pretty straightforward and didn't take too long. It is a pretty durable, well made machine and I was quite satisfied.

I must admit I think these machines are way too expensive for my money. I mean I know they are very very important and probably not cheap to make but they are pricey. What's the mark up. I would rate the comfort factor of the the machine I used pretty well. The discomfort is something that is unavoidable bit I think this machine did well in making a difficult process somewhat bearable.

It was quite effective at doing what it was made to do. I found it was very easy to use compared to other pumps in its price range. Not only was it easy to use but also worked quickly. The durability of the pump was pretty much what I expected for the price I paid for it. The thing took a beating due to myself or others dropping it and also through normal wear and tear. It never stopped working. I think it was a very good value for the price of the pump. I've used others that were more expensive than this one was and compared to the others I wish I never bought them cause this one is just as good. The comfort level was pretty standard compared to the other pumps I've used or been told about. I wish there was more padding so it would be a little more comfortable but all and all not bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hygeia Breast Pumps?

Was super-easy to use. The milk flow really great. It didn't hurt my ** and I found it to be very productive. Great overall. Loved it and I recommend it to all my friends. I used it for about 6 months. It lasted the whole 6 months and I was still able to use it afterwards for my next pregnancy. It was great. I would use it again if I had the chance. Very comfortable. Sucked out all my milk. It was easy to assemble. I would recommend it to any new mom or to any mother that has never used one before.

The breast pump was very effective. It was comfortable and was easy to use. I highly recommend this to anyone who needs it, like new or experienced mothers. The breast pump was very durable. The breast pump held up on multiple uses and all tubing was flexible and sturdy after many uses. The breast pump was inexpensive but was still of a very high quality. It allowed me to collect samples without breaking the bank or pinching pennies. The breast pump was very comfortable. It did not leave any bruises or marks. And even with multiple uses, the pump stayed comfortable and dependable.

It worked exactly the way it was supposed to. There were no issues, no discomfort. It worked perfectly. It was used for a good while, but eventually we just didn't need it anymore, but we would recommend it to anyone. It was very durable. It was dropped more than a few times. It was kicked once or twice, and it was even sat on, but despite the beating it took, it still worked good as new. The durability is amazing. It's definitely worth its price. You never run out of uses. It can be kicked, dropped, and sat on, and it will still work exactly how it's supposed to. It fit perfectly. I never had to worry about it falling off, or slipping. My child definitely didn't have any issues. Even as my child grew, never was there any discomfort.

My wife uses this product and it gives her a feeling of pride and a understanding of the look she wants to have. It works to your level you want and is easy to use. You will love this product. This is just what she wanted and the durability is by far the best that is out there. It lasts a long time and it is there for you any time you need it. The overall value is seeing the comfort and pride my wife has and the feeling of being in control with the look and style she wants to have. The feeling is real and that's the best part. The comfort is seeing that wonderful smile come across her face and I will say this product looks and feels right. She would not use this product if she did not believe in it and like it.

Very effective and comfortable. Works very well and is a very reliable product. Does not break down easily. Very durable product. Works very well and does its job comfortably. Does not break easily. Keeps on working very well as long as you need it. Is very valuable to customers who need this product. It is very worth while. Could not have done without. Would use this product again if needed. Was very comfortable to use. Would recommend to anyone who needed this product. Did not hurt and felt very comfortable every time it was used.

Expert Review

Sandra GordonParenting Products Contributing Editor

Specializing in health and medicine, Sandra Gordon has written extensively about cord blood banking for national and regional parenting magazines. She also has written about baby products, including breast pumps, for national and regional parenting magazines, blogs and books. Her work has appeared in hundreds of publications, including Parents, Prevention, Woman’s Day and Self. Gordon also appears on TV as a baby safety and money-saving expert. She is also the author of 10 books and the founder of babyproductsmom.com, a site dedicated to helping new parents gear up safely and within their budget.    More about Sandra→

Hygeia is a breast pump company that features hospital-grade electric breast pumps for personal and multi-person use. Hygeia is the only breast pump company to be endorsed by La Leche League International, a breast-feeding advocacy group, and supported by the World Health Organization.

• Pump selection: Hygeia offers a single-user, double electric pump called the Hygeia Q; a double-electric, multi-user pump called the Hygeia Enjoye; a cordless Enjoye model; and two options for manual pumping including a one-handed and two-handed pump.
  • Accessories and parts: You can purchase BPA-free parts and accessories for your pump, including nursing pads, valves, power cords, tubing, car chargers, filters, milk storage bags and more.
  • Insurance coverage: Hygeia works with mothers to help them receive a hospital grade pump through the Affordable Care Act. You can use their website’s handy tool to find out if your plan is one of many that will cover the Hygeia Enjoye pump. Many insurance plans will also cover bottles, tubing and filters for the pump.
  • Endorsements: A Hygeia pump comes with a La Leche League International membership that provides mother-to-mother support. The company is the only breast pump company to be endorsed by La Leche League International. Additionally, the Hygeia Enjoye hospital-grade double-electric pump has received the Pump of the Year award for five years in a row.
  • Customer support: In addition to its own customer service and helpful website, Hygeia provides referrals to local lactation consultants to provide one-on-one advice and troubleshooting for both pumping and breast-feeding.
  • Best for frequent pumpers and those who have trouble feeding.

Compare Breast Pump