2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

4.7/5 (375 ratings)

About Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 70 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,500 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Pros

• 30-day trial
  • 3-year limited warranty
  • Serves mild to profound hearing loss

Cons

• Pricing could be more transparent

Bottom Line

Miracle-Ear has seven hearing aid models, plus customizable choices. Options are available for all hearing levels. Although their pricing isn't clear, Miracle-Ear has many locations with trained representatives who can help.

Top Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Verified

The specialist I had was great. So much info. Learned so much. Had hearing aids for 5 years and never heard so well. So happy with results. Would recommend these to anyone with a ...

Verified

I have partial hearing loss and Miracle-Ear has improved my hearing. Their representative helped me and I bought a behind the ear set. I liked the set. They are comfortable. Plus,...

Miracle-Ear hearing aids

What is Miracle-Ear?

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids at over 1,500 brick-and-mortar locations and are found in every state. Certified representatives can give you a free hearing test and help you find the right Miracle-Ear device. Each outlet offers hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more. You can work with a professional to choose the best Miracle-Ear products for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you. Miracle-Ear hearing aids cater to all types of hearing loss — from mild to profound. Some Miracle-Ear batteries are rechargeable.

Miracle-Ear hearing aids

There are multiple standard Miracle-Ear hearing aid models and an option to create a customizable hearing aid. All Miracle-Ear models come with the latest in hearing technology. Each hearing aid can have up to 48 channels and comes with one or more compatible apps. A 30-day trial is included with every Miracle-Ear hearing aid. Read more about Miracle-Ear’s hearing aids below:

Miracle-EarMINI hearing aids
Miracle-EarMINI small hearing aid solutions are virtually unnoticeable while offering some of the company's most advanced features.
  • Miracle-EarMINI Mirage IIC: The discreet Miracle-EarMINI Mirage IIC delivers natural sound with discretion. These custom hearing aids are equipped with binaural wireless and offer crystal-clear sound and speech understanding—even in very noisy environments.
  • MEMINI ReadyFit: This hearing aid provides a convenient, on-the-spot hearing solution.
  • MEMINI CIC: This discreet hearing aid is designed to help you enjoy conversations in any situation.
  • MEMINI Audiotone Pro CIC: Designed to be discreet, this hearing aid is also an affordable hearing solution.
  • MEMINI RIC 10: While this hearing aid is discreet and comfortable, it also allows you to take advantage of some of Miracle-Ear's most advanced features.
Miracle-EarCONNECT hearing aids
Miracle-EarCONNECT Bluetooth hearing aids give you access to advanced features that help you make the most out of your relationships, stay productive at work and have fun during your downtime.
  • Miracle-EarCONNECT RIC 312:Equipped with personalized hearing and natural sound quality, MECONNECT RIC 312 offers an extremely discreet design. Despite its sleek form, MECONNECT RIC 312 provides fully featured Bluetooth connectivity for maximum enjoyment of music, calls and TV. The newly designed rocker switch and optional telecoil make this a great solution for those who value discretion in a high-performing device.
  • MECONNECT RIC 312 T: This direct-streaming RIC with telecoil lets you to clearly hear the world around you.
  • MECONNECT RIC 13: Enjoy direct connectivity for phone calls, audio streaming and advanced remote-control options. Voice Recognition Technology keeps your own voice and surrounding environment in balance, providing a natural sound quality and excellent speech understanding in noise.
  • Miracle-EarCONNECT BTE S 13: Miracle-EarCONNECT BTE S 13 hearing aids offer versatility to meet your individual hearing needs. This hearing device harmonizes your voice and surrounding sounds to provide a natural sound quality and excellent speech understanding in noise.
  • MECONNECT BTE P 13: This hearing aid offers natural sound quality and speech understanding in noise. It's also compatible with the Miracle-Ear app.
Miracle-EarENERGY hearing aids
With advanced lithium-ion technology, Miracle-Ear's fully rechargeable hearing aids let you live an active life with simple and reliable charging. Miracle-EarENERGY hearing solutions are hassle-free, long-lasting and flexible.
  • Miracle-EarENERGY iRIC R: This innovative hearing aid offers sleek, modern design with streaming and portable charging. MEENERGY RIC R: This hearing aid
  • MEENERGY RIC R: This hearing aid combines lithium-ion rechargeability, integrated acoustic and motion sensors and fully featured Bluetooth connectivity to stream music, calls and TV in high-quality sound. Its 20% extra battery capacity provides flexibility and convenience in a small design.
  • Miracle-EarENERGY BTE R: Miracle-Ear's first fully rechargeable BTE delivers the most advanced performance of any BTE. The lithium-ion BTE provides natural sound quality for the wearer’s own voice and surrounding sounds, and it conveniently charges with the new portable charger.
Miracle-EarEASY hearing aids
The company's Miracle-EarEASY hearing solutions are designed to help those on a budget receive the hearing solution they need. The devices come with basic features to everyday needs.
  • Miracle-EarEASY RIC 312: These affordable hearing aids come with essential features to meet basic lifestyle needs. It offers great sound quality in a discreet design.
  • Miracle-EarEASY BTE S 312: This BTE hearing aid offers a comfortable and affordable hearing solution. This powerful hearing solution offers essential features for all levels of loss, even severe hearing loss.
  • MEEASY BTE SA 13: This hearing aid offers maximum comfort and great sound quality.
  • MEEASY BTE P 13: This BTE is extremely powerful is a great solution for those with severe hearing loss.
  • MEEASY BTE SP 675: This BTE hearing aid offers comfort and essential features.
  • MEEASY Audiotone Pro BTE 312: The Audiotone Pro BTE S 312 is an affordable hearing aid that offers everyday features for your lifestyle.

Miracle-Ear prices

Miracle-Ear doesn’t publicly post the cost of each hearing aid, but the company states you should expect to pay between $1,000 and $4,000 — while this number seems high, the daily cost of two hearing aids is $1 to $7 per day, based on a 3- to 5-year lifespan.

Hearing aids are an investment in your overall health. There are many factors that determine hearing aid cost, including hearing aid choice, fitting, lifetime aftercare and technology level. Investing in high-quality hearing aids means your solution will be completely customized to you, both in the fit of the device itself as well as the programming of the software to meet your unique needs. Miracle-Ear financing is also available at many Miracle-Ear locations.

Miracle-Ear Foundation

The Miracle-Ear Foundation’s Gift of Sound hearing aid program helps children and adults with hearing loss gain access to hearing aids. The program is designed for people who demonstrate a personal inability to financially provide for their hearing health needs. Since 1990, the Miracle-Ear Foundation® has donated over 21,000 hearing aids to more than 11,700 individuals nationwide.

Miracle-Ear hearing aid technology

Miracle-Ear hearing aids have the following types of technology:

Speech isolationSpeech isolation includes noise reduction, directionality to focus on the target speaker and amplification of voices.
Smartphone functionalityAn available smartphone app can control a Miracle-Ear hearing aid.
Tinnitus controlAlleviate tinnitus with static noise, ocean waves and Notch Therapy.
TV streamerHear the TV more clearly with audio streaming to a TV streamer, connected to your hearing aid.
Inductive chargerFor the rechargeable models, just drop the hearing aids into the inductive charger, the Miracle-Ear battery charger, for a convenient, quick charge.

Miracle-Ear FAQ

What is the Miracle-Ear warranty?
Most Miracle-Ear hearing aids have a 3-year limited warranty. You will also receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes free quarterly check-ups, cleanings, hearing tests and adjustments.
Is there a Miracle-Ear mobile app?
Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.
How much does Miracle-Ear cost?
Miracle-Ear doesn’t post their pricing on their website. For more information on pricing, visit a Miracle-Ear location.
What types of hearing aids does Miracle-Ear offer?

Miracle-Ear offers the following hearing aid types:

• Receiver-in-the-canal (RIC)
  • Behind-the-ear (BTE)
  • Completely-in-canal (CIC)
  • In-the-canal (ITE)
  • Invisible-in-canal (IIC)
Are Miracle-Ear hearing aids rechargeable?
Two of Miracle-Ear hearing aids are rechargeable: the Rechargeable BTE and the Rechargeable RIC.

Is Miracle-Ear a good hearing aid?

Yes. Miracle-Ear hearing aids have good sound quality and are made to be small and discreet. Their seven models are sure to appeal to most people, and they cater to every form of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Their rechargeable models are convenient, and Miracle-Ear has hundreds of locations across the country.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Claire at Miracle Ear is wonderful. My husband went to her first and he was so pleased. I wanted to do business with them, but I wanted to make sure. I visited three different providers, and I was very impressed with Miracle Ear. They have an office that has equipment in it. It's not mail order. They were real upfront about pricing. They could have sold me more expensive hearing aids and I wouldn't have known the difference. But their recommendation to me was what I bought. Claire said, “If you were still working and in meetings, these are some features that you would probably appreciate. But from what you’re telling me about your lifestyle, I don't think that you need to spend the extra money, unless you want to.” I appreciated her. She was not pushing her agenda at all. She laid it out and let me decide. She let me ask questions and was very gracious about answering even probably the dumbest question she's ever heard.

I had gone to another place and asked if they could give me some prices. The rep asked how much I wanted to spend. I asked what was the difference between product A, B, and C and she said it depended on how much I wanted to spend which didn't even make sense to me. I would never do business with someone who talked to me that way. I used to be in sales and I always felt like I had to prove to them why they needed what I was selling. If I could prove to them what they needed, they would buy what I was selling.

The reps at Miracle Ear are very patient. They will get it right no matter what it takes. They allow plenty of time for us to talk to them and tell them everything that's going on. When I've had a problem, they've gone over and above to make sure that I got my hearing aids back real quickly. When I first got my hearing aids, I can hear the birds sing. I could hear me going through my hair full of hairspray. The sound of you running your fingers across your clothes or your counter is amazing. I had forgotten those sounds because I hadn’t heard them in so long. The cost is too high for what they are but if I needed hearing aids, I would do it again. We made the very best choice for us and we've recommended Claire several times to friends of ours.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I was watching TV and saw publicity about Miracle-Ear. They said that the visit is free, that I don't have to get any hearing aid, and that they're going to clean if I have ear wax. I called and set an appointment. I went and that day, the doctor told me the cleaning thing has not been done at that time. He could tell that with the way I was talking, I needed aids. I said I didn't have any problem hearing. He said that I talked louder than normal. Every time someone talks like that, it means he talks loudly according to what he hears.

He set the examination with me and told me that I got a 75, 78% hearing, which was good. But I need to take care of it because if I don't, it's going to decrease gradually. He told me they have hearing aids that I could purchase. I said I was not ready at that time because my insurance would not cover the cost of it. He told me that he got a payment plan program so he put me into that. I struggled to pay, but I'm finished with it. I'm glad that I don't have to monthly payment anymore.

I got the one where I put on the battery all the time and that helped me. When I realized I used the battery too often, I called and they told me to come in for an evaluation. One time, the lady had to send my hearing aid to the company because she said according to the way I was using the battery, something was wrong. They fixed it for me. The other day, I also had a problem with my battery because it was not every six to seven days that I was replacing it, it was every three or four days. I called and went and they also fixed it for me.

Now with the glasses, the hearing aid, and the mask, I have to keep putting it back, and I don't want it to get contaminated. So, sometimes I don't put it when I go to places that I know I have to wear a mask because I’m afraid to lose it. But whenever I got home, I put it back on. Overall, Miracle-Ear performs nicely. The lady took care of me and told me if anything was wrong, to call, and I've been doing that. I hear better with it and it suits me. I referred it to friends.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

We saw an advertisement that Miracle-Ear was running. My wife and my daughters all said that they would excommunicate me if I did not get my ears checked out and get some hearing aids. My dad never got any hearing aids. He served on a battleship during World War II on a gun turret where the big bombs were being sent out. He lost a lot of his hearing at that point. There was total frustration to have to say something to my dad, and he would just look at you and just grin and shake his head but he could not hear us. Finally, my wife and my kids said, “Do you want to be just like he was?” So I went. What Miracle-Ear had advertised was not what I needed but the person who did my testing and everything was so thorough and so good.

Rodney has been great. I'm so glad that I went with it. I told him a couple times about a couple of problems that I was having with them. He said, “Well, let's try this. Let's try this." I'm a preacher and a lot of times, when I preach, I sweat quite heavy, and one of the hearing aids was going out. The battery was getting wet and it just quit working until I could take it out, dry it off, put it back in, and it will work again. But he's tried different filters. He’s tried different things to try to keep it from getting moisture in it. He has bent over backwards to be accommodating to me and to my needs.

My wife has a very soft voice and there are still times that we’ll be in the car riding and she'll say something and if she's not turned towards me, I still don't hear her really good. But when we're sitting around the house and we're talking, I'm hearing her, whereas before, I would have to keep saying, “What did you say? What was that again?” I'm not doing that near as much as what I used to. Even some coworkers said, “You're more in tune with what we're saying now than what you had been before.” Some of them didn't even know I had got the hearing aids, so it's been good in that way. I don't feel left out. I don't feel like I've been shut out on what's going on. I've recommended Miracle-Ear to several other people. I am sold on the company and sold on the product. Rodney is the person that I see all the time and if all the rest of their employees are like he is, Miracle-Ear is doing great business.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I'm not really happy with my Miracle-Ear hearing aids, especially in the age of masks behind the ears and glasses. I should have gotten the ones that just poke inside the ear and don't put anything behind the ear. I do wish now that I had gone somewhere else. I moved back to the Midwest to be with my mom and dad to help them. They both passed on now. Dad had Beltone and mom had Miracle-Ear. I live closer to where Miracle-Ear was located, and so, that was the main reason I went with Miracle-Ear. I didn't realize there were other options in the town where they are until after I had purchased.

The young gal before the one who's in that office now was totally oblivious. She replaced Nicole. Nicole was fantastic and I wish Nicole is still there because she was so good. She had answers for everything and she took care of anything you needed or wanted. This young girl that came in to take her place didn't do anything more than put on the new little cap things and clean them. She had no answers for any of my questions. I was not happy with her at all.

As far as the hearing aids, these new ones that are hooked through the Bluetooth into my phone and all that kind of stuff are great when they're working but when there's some bug with them and they're not working, they're frustrating. I'm 75 and I have a difficult time dealing with things that don't work the way they're supposed to work. I'm sure that with a lot of us older people, it's annoying and we need to be more flexible.

Having had my Miracle-Ear now during this whole last year, I would definitely say don't get the ones that go behind your ear. Get the ones that fit in the canal because I may be wearing these masks for the rest of my life. If you wear glasses also, it's still a problem although not as much, until you put the mask behind your ear as well, then you take the mask off, and the hearing aid things come off. I've dropped one in the street before because of them. So, if you have extra money, get that one instead of the one behind the ear. Also, find someplace that has a really good technician like Nicole that knows all the answers and takes the time to answer your questions, and ask questions. Don't go home and then grumble at your wife or husband, ask the question.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I have profound hearing loss and I did not know this because my hearing loss started when I was a young child. By the time I came for the hearing test, I did not hear out of the left ear at all and very minimal out of the right ear. When they put the hearing aids in, it opened up the whole world for me. Because I had not heard well for so many years, it was like I had to learn the sound of words and certain sounds all over again. I tell myself, “That’s the fountain by the front door running.” It was a good experience for me because I needed it so badly. I have the one that goes behind the ear and it's very good. These are my first hearing aids and I'm just happy to hear. I encouraged a lot of friends I knew that had hearing problems afterwards to get their hearing tests and find out how bad their hearing really is.

As we get older, our hearing gradually gets worse. I didn't realize that my hearing was that bad. The reps were all wonderful to me as well. Any questions I had when I called back, there was always an answer. I can always come in right now if I have a problem. I have not bumped into anyone yet up there at the office that did not treat me in a very kind and concerned way. In fact, the person that gave me the hearing test did not work at that store. He was a vice president somewhere in charge in this area. Because someone just quit, he was there because they needed someone that day. I happened to get him for the hearing test and it was the best. It was the first hearing test I ever had, but I brought my sister along. She had been with her husband and it was considered a free test.

My sister said, “Oh my gosh, I never saw such a good free test.” They spent so much time with me and I was happy with the whole experience. I thought, "Well, nobody's gonna loan an old woman this age that much money, that lives on a fixed income." Miracle-Ear also helped me with the financing. Right now, I have nothing bad to say for Miracle-Ear. Their company is on the top of what's going on with hearing right now and the best electronical things. The technology gets smaller and smaller all the time. I wear my hair very short and when I go to my doctor's office, the nurse always goes to put the temperature thing in my ear. I go, “Just a minute, I have hearing aids.” She goes, “No, you don't. I can't see any.” She's done it twice now, forgetting I have hearing aids.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

My devices are fantastic and I've been very happy. My hearing is wonderful. I've had some very minor connection issues, sometimes, but other than that, the quality has been great. The reps are fantastic too. I really liked the gentleman that I worked with. He's very responsive and has been very helpful in programming my hearing aids for the television and other things.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Got a pair of in the ear hearing aids in May. They are in a word Fantastic; fit well in the ear, super cool adjustments, great support from local office(Debbie) /Dolly; great overall experience, recommend to anyone with hearing loss; thanks, RS.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I've had my hearing aids now for four years and they're good. I hear better on it. The cost is extremely high but the customer service at Miracle Ear is excellent.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

My mom went to Miracle Ear for years, and she liked them. I met with them and connected well with Marlene. I trusted her because she took care of my mom so well. I've been with them since and this is my second set. When I bought them last week, they were the best ones that she had to offer. The only thing that I'm not thrilled about is they are rechargeable and I'm a little concerned about the dependency of having to get them charged again within the day.

We go camping and sometimes we're gone for a couple of days. I would have no way of recharging them. Unless at the last second I would remember to grab a charger, I have no way of continuing to have my hearing aid available. The cost for an additional charger is quite expensive. That's the only part I'm not happy with. Had I known that, I would have paid off my first ones and kept them rather than trade them in so I would have the ability to have my hearing available to me at all times. There could also be a portable charger like one has for a cellphone that will hold a charge. With the battery hearing aids, I was able to put them in a waterproof container, and when we were done canoeing, I could put them back in.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Miracle Ear has an excellent reputation. I've seen all these other ads of these $200 and $300 ones but I'm not wasting my money on those because they'll probably give out after a short while or are not effective. Also, the staff at Miracle Ear is extremely friendly. The guy that did the test was very efficient. However, wearing these masks sometimes rips my hearing aids out of my ear and I have to make sure they don't get lost in the parking lot.

Miracle-Ear author review by Shelley Webb

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids for all levels of hearing loss. Financing is available through credit companies, and the Miracle-Ear Foundation provides special assistance for those with limited income and no insurance.

• Products: This company offers seven models of hearing aids, including behind-the-ear, receiver-in-canal, completely-in-canal and invisible-in-canal hearing aids. Custom designs with five color options are available in completely-in-canal, in-the-canal and in-the-ear styles.

• Features: All hearing aids come with GENIUS 3.0 technology to improve audio quality. They are programmable with up to 48 channels, and most styles come with an app to control the settings. Optional features include rechargeable batteries, Bluetooth compatibility and tinnitus control.

• Trial and warranty: Hearing aids come with a 30-day trial and a three-year limited warranty.

• Locations: This company has over 1,400 franchised locations across the United States where consumers can get hearing tests, hearing aid fittings and hearing aid repairs.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information