Costco Hearing Aid Center

Costco Hearing Aids

4.0/5 (225 ratings)

About Costco Hearing Aids

Costco Hearing Aid Centers are located across the country and offer hearing tests, fittings and maintenance from five manufacturers, including its own Kirkland brand. Customers can choose between basic hearing aids and high-end, feature-rich hearing aids. Costco’s prices are among the lowest in the industry, and it offers a 180-day return policy for all hearing aids.

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

Pros

• Bluetooth-compatible
    • 180-day return policy
    • Free testing and fitting
    • Warranties on all hearing aids

Cons

• Must be a Costco member
    • No payment plans

Bottom Line

Costco Hearing Aid Centers offer low prices on a variety of hearing aids. Costco also offers helpful services for free, including testing, fitting, follow-up appointments and maintenance.

Top Costco Hearing Aid Center Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Hearing Aids Center?

Verified

I have had hearing aids for ten years using three pairs before Costco's... These Kirkland for $1600 are great. I can hear my wife, the TV, and conversations. Before, I could hear ...

Verified

We went to the Costco hearing aid center... The staff was professional, courteous, very knowledgeable and honest. I did a lot research about hearing aids and can confidently say t...

About Costco Hearing Aid Center

Costco has more than 540 stores in the United States, and many of these locations have hearing aid centers. The company sells low-priced hearing aids for people of any age who have mild, moderate, severe or profound hearing loss. Costco also provides free hearing tests, fittings, loss and damage coverage, maintenance and repair. The company stocks a variety of hearing aid accessories, including transmitters and microphones.

Costco hearing aids brands

Costco sells hearing aids from Philips, ReSound, Phonak and Rexton along with its Kirkland brand. These brands offer a wide variety of hearing aids, including open-fit and completely-in-the-canal devices.

Costco’s hearing aids come with features like noise reduction technology and Bluetooth compatibility that allows your hearing aids to double as headphones. All Costco hearing aids connect to smartphone apps and accessories.

Costco hearing aid prices

The cost of Costco hearing aids ranges from $1,499 per pair on the low end to $2,999 per pair on the high end. Prices vary depending on the features, technology and type of hearing aid you choose. For example, in-canal hearing aid models may cost $2,999 or more per pair because they require custom molds. Hearing aids with Bluetooth capabilities also cost a few hundred dollars more.

Costco hearing aid brandsCost
    Kirkland Signature 9.0$1,499 per pair
    Philips HearLink$2,499 per pair
    ReSound Vida$2,499 per pair
    Rexton Adore$2,499 to $2,999 per pair

Costco doesn’t offer financing options. Sales and discounts on hearing aids at Costco are also rare.

How to buy hearing aids at Costco

To buy hearing aids from Costco, first make sure your membership is up to date, then book an appointment for a free hearing test. If you’re shopping in a store, you may be able to get tested without an appointment.

A hearing aid professional determines the extent of your hearing loss by doing a series of tests. After testing, the professional fits you for your hearing aids by selecting devices that match your type of hearing loss, the shape of your ear and your lifestyle.

You can choose to buy hearing aids right then or take some time to research the different brands and types that Costco sells. It typically takes Costco two weeks to ship your hearing aids after you order. You can return hearing aids bought at Costco within the 180-day trial period for a full refund.

Costco hearing aids FAQ

What is Costco’s return policy for hearing aids?
    Costco has a 180-day full-refund return policy for hearing aids.
    Does Costco sell hearing amplifiers?
    Costco does not sell hearing amplifiers. Hearing amplifiers boost all sounds around you and are intended for people without hearing loss. Hearing amplifiers are not hearing aids and should not be used by people who are hearing-impaired.
    Does Costco offer a trial period for hearing aids?
    Costco has a 180-day money-back guarantee return policy on its hearing aids, so you can use that time to decide whether you like your hearing aids risk-free.
    How long do Costco Hearing Aids last?
    Costco hearing aids last anywhere from five to eight years. Costco's Kirkland hearing aid batteries last between four and eight days, depending on how long you wear your hearing aid each day.

Are Costco hearing aids good?

Yes, Costco is a good choice for many people shopping for hearing aids. Costco carries premium hearing aids from four of the top brands in the industry, as well as its own Kirkland brand of hearing aids. Costco hearing professionals are there for you during the entire process, from initial testing to follow-up appointments for maintenance and cleaning. Costco hearing aids are best for anyone who wants to buy hearing aids at an affordable price and have all their hearing needs taken care of in one place. Unfortunately, you must be a Costco member to take advantage of these low prices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Hearing Aid Center?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Hearing Aids Center?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I have worn hearing aids for many years and got my $5K pair from an ENT group. They were never that great yet I didn’t know it! That’s because I had nothing to compare them to. One stopped working about a year ago and it cost $500 to fix it. Then both mics in them stopped working. No way was I going to pay $1000 to fix them. So I looked around for another pair. Everyone recommended Costco so I made an appointment. Had to wait 2 months to get in. Anyway, the audiologist at the Avon IN store was simply outstanding. She really knew everything and that’s not a statement I say a lot. Professional and friendly. Got my aids about 2 weeks later and, WOW, I could hear again! Better than when I first got the other pair. No contest. I got the Kirkland KS10s. Highly recommended. Oh, and Costco? Give that audiologist a much-deserved raise or bonus.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I'll make this short and to the point. I just replaced a pair of nearly $6,000 hearing aids with one of the five brands Costco carries. I had my previous hearing aids for about 7 years and they stopped working. I chose the Jabra Enhance Pro PM's, being familiar with the brand from owning a few Jabra headphones. GN bought Jabra and manufactures the hearing aids. GN also has been making the high quality high end ReSound brand of hearing aids for many years. The hearing test I took at Costco showed the same type of hearing loss from a test I took at my audiologist some years back.

I ordered the Jabras and went back to Costco two weeks later for the fitting. I am incredibly satisfied with their performance. I saved a few thousand dollars buying these at Costco and am very pleased after wearing these for a few days. All in all, the Costco choice of hearing aids, the price and the service and care for my hearing was top notch. A special shout out to Ashley who was my hearing aid specialist at the Costco in San Dimas, CA.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I've been wearing devices for six years, and they have greatly improved my hearing. About five months ago I switched to Costco; hence, enough time with my new devices to honestly recommend the Medicine Hat Costco and the Rexton hearing aids. First Costco has a selection of high-quality hearing aids to select from. I switched to Rexton's and I appreciate their performance, rechargeable batteries, and many of their App features. Second Costco had excellent prices (over 50% less from my previous clinic). Third, a big shout out to the staff: Receptionist Sheri's helpful positive attitude, and Tiffany's friendly and relaxed manner while using her knowledge to test, set up, and educate me on achieving the most out of my devices.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

5 months ago I replaced my hearing aids with Costco's Brio 4 model. It was mediocre in performance (but please read on as you'll see why), with 3 trips back to tweak, adjust and complain about the myriad of issues that plagued me. I have another month to return them for a full refund, and was seriously considering taking them back. However, I had a lot of misgivings about the person's ability who fitted me with this aid, so I tried another Costco store to see what they could do. I made the appointment with a different Costco store. After talking to the person answering the phone, explaining my problems with the aids and the store that issued them and we made an appointment for 5 weeks out. (They were that busy, but certainly worth the wait!)

Today was my appointment with the new store. I explained my problems, and the poor responses of the original store to my new hearing aid expert. She listened and even apologized for the other store's incompetence and then downloaded the program from my hearing aids to her computer. She found and corrected several problems with the way it was programmed, made other changes that I wanted that the other person said was not possible and made suggestions for changes based on what she felt would be best for my situation. Wow, what a difference! I walked out of there with a totally different opinion of the hearing aids. I am very happy with the performance and I am ecstatic that all my needs were addressed and corrected. What was a 2 star review from the original experience has earned them a 5 star review now.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I had a Resound hearing aid I bought three years ago from an audiologist. It quit working. I saw an online discussion about Kirkland's Signature 10, the price was $1,000 cheaper than the Resound and it had more features. When I went to Costco's hearing center in Tampa, they gave me a much more thorough ear examination and I ordered from them. The Signature 10 was delivered in a week and when I went back to Costco to pick it up I was surprise they also had a very detailed computerized setup procedure. The procedure played sounds from different directions in the sound booth and customized the aids for the best sounds.

I have now had these aids and am very satisfied. I also got a TV amplifier ($125) that broadcasts TV to both hearing aids. It works great. If I want to watch/hear a program and my wife is sleeping, I can turn the TV sound off, then turn it up on its box to as loud as I need it. Sometimes, I want to be able to hear my wife in the earpiece next to her and listen to the TV in the other ear. Easy to do. I like this aid so well, I am tempted to buy a second one for after this one has worn out. This also works well to answer the phone and talk to someone using the hearing aid's microphone. Tip: It works best in this mode if you do not hold the phone up to your ear--you can put it on a nearby desk or table for the clearest sound for the person you are talking to on the phone.

Original review: July 14, 2022

Long Story, but we had problems with replacing a hearing aid destroyed by family dog, twice. First time Costco was great about replacing the HAs at no cost. They did not cover the second incident. And we have no complaint with that. However, Costco was completely unhelpful in ordering a new aid. They required us to make three trips to the store. The patient is wheelchair bound, making it difficult to travel 120 miles per round trip. Costco would not budge. We decided to use a local provider, and I am so happy that we did even though it cost us more money. We had to replace both aids as opposed to just replacing one aid at Costco.

While at the new provider we discovered that the original set from Costco was underpowered. We also learned that the hearing specialist did not know their own product. Simply stated: the local provider knew his product and offered much better service than Costco. It was more money but worth it to get better service and hearing aids that work properly. The patient has not heard this well in over a decade.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I've had my Rexton hearing aids for a couple months. I've had nothing but problems. To be fair, the aids seem to be working now, but they won't connect with my iPhone app. So controlling them is a huge issue. The charger stopped working after a couple weeks. I had to make an appointment to turn it in and get a new one. Two weeks for the next appointment. So no hearing aids for two weeks. Costco Hearing Center canceled appointments, rescheduled appointments. Right now I'm awaiting an appointment that is two weeks out to simply read a QR Code with my phone. Costco Hearing is really frustrating - I expected better of Costco.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I've been a customer of the Costco Hearing Aid Store in West Springfield for three years. The product is superb, the cost is even better and, best of all, is the service that people like Richard ** offers. Couldn't be happier.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I am using my 3rd set of hearing aids from Costco. They are Kirkland Series 10, which are more technologically advanced from previous models. My ability to hear and distinguish speech and music are greatly improved with the new innovations. The staff that aided me in my purchase of these was helpful and caring and very well versed in the product. After-purchase service for changes and adjustments is excellent. Kudos to the staff at the Billings, Montana hearing aid center.

Original review: July 11, 2021

Helen (Specialist) and Jade (Attendant) provide excellent service to my mom. Recommend and tried Hearing Aid. Mom comfortable and purchased, love the service and will refer 2 family/friend. Thank You.

Find a Hearing Aid partner near you.

Costco Hearing Aids Center author review by Kathryn Parkman

Costco Hearing Aid Centers sell hearing aids from five brands, including the in-house brand, Kirkland. Hearing aids are available for customers with mild to profound hearing loss. Financing options are not available, but hearing aids purchased through Costco are usually cheaper than competitors’ models.

• Products: This company sells hearing aids by ReSound, Phonak, Rexton, Philips and its own Kirkland brand. Within these brands, customers can choose between open-fit, behind-the-ear, in-the-ear, completely-in-canal and canal configurations. Accessories are also available, including batteries, remote controls, TV-sound transmitting units and portable microphones.

• Features: This retailer can provide any features that its five brands make available in their designs. Some hearing aids are Bluetooth-capable and connect to smartphones and accessories.

• Trial and warranty: Customers can return any hearing aids bought from Costco for a full refund within 180 days of purchase.

• Locations: Not all Costco stores have a Hearing Aid Center, but many do. To find one near you, check Costco’s store locator.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Costco Hearing Aid Center Company Information