Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

HealthRider Treadmills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HealthRider Treadmills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HealthRider Treadmills?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I bought a HealthRider treadmill S250i from Costco and used it for small amounts, less than intended. I noticed it was making a noise and looked at it myself as it was out of warranty and I am a service technician. There are two plastic lift frame spacer or bushing used as pivot points of which one had split and the other was starting to split. I called the customer hotline and the service provider in Canada and told the part was no longer available although they did suggest a bushing smaller in size that would maybe work. I bought two, fitted them and although they work because they are smaller do not lift the platform high enough so have to keep incline set at 4 to stop the belt rubbing. The machine is now starting to make noise again and I suspect it is because of the bushings being too small.

I will try and see if I can get the part manufactured from aluminum or another fix. Never will I buy another piece of equipment from this company. I suspect the unit was built with this part as a weak link to prevent damage to the motor or other parts if there was an issue, so for them not to make this part available is ridiculous. Once again I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Bought this just after New Years. (No it wasn’t a resolution. Just our third treadmill.) Motor is not running properly and we cannot contact the company. Cannot leave voicemail and they have no way where you can leave a message. Contacted them about a week ago by email and have not received a response as yet. I will be returning it Monday (in two days). My rating is for the service from Icon Canada. After all what is the use of even the best treadmill if you can’t get service.

Get buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2017

Health Rider treadmill has a large basic digital screen display with easy to read words in bright red, holders for your water bottle, and a book to read if you choose. I like the large base for walking and the sturdy handles. However, it is very heavy and very bulky for a small person like me to use. It is probably meant for a larger person. It is awkward to move around. But it is easy to drop down the walking plate to use and just as easy to open and close back up for storage.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I have had this HealthRider for years but never lost a pound. I have sweated bullets and cried. I do 1/2 an hour at a crack. I watch every mouthful of food and get no results. I try harder... nothing. Now it sits in a closet. I'd rather use that time to get something done around the house.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Great motor, never any issues. The motor runs smooth and not too loud either so I can use it at night when the family is sleeping. This treadmill has great cushion. Never any problems. Runs great, my best friend uses it as well and loves it just as much as I do. I use it at night while my kids and husband are sleeping and do not wake them up. Not too many entertainment options but they are good for what they have. So far no problems, keeps me entertained while walking. Love that it's quiet. This treadmill has a great value. It was not too expensive. It was the right price for me. I've recommended it to my best friend too. This treadmill is great price and is exactly what I was wanting.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Not really sure how to describe the motor...but there was no issues with it, it ran great and did what it was suppose to. The time I had it I never had to fix it at all. I got rid of it due to moving into a smaller place. I have a bad back so the cushion could be a little bit better but it's decent as it is. Just sometimes had to add a little more. Other than that it's all around great with the amount of comfort you get. There's not really anything entertaining about this product...you work out that's about it...so there's really nothing to say about an entertainment level. It's an amazing product. The value is super. Everything is great about this item. Just a few small flaws but nothing major at all. I'd definitely recommend it. It's definitely worth it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

It was quiet but powerful. It was very responsive as well. There were many different speeds I could set it to. Great horsepower. Seems to be a great quality motor. Reacts to each person's weight who is using it. Provides shock absorption to reduce impact on ankles, legs, feet, joints, etc. It is good for walking or mild jogging. It has an iPod and MP3 compatible console port, which connects your device to a built-in Intermix Acoustics 2.0 sound system. This allows you to listen to your favorite motivational workout music via the two 2-inch speakers. It has added value to my life that I cannot express. It helps me stay in shape and is also good for mental health. It allows me to put on some music and get away from everything in the moment.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Love it. Can work out daily for over an hour and it still is good!!! Whether the speed be slow or fast. All in all a great treadmill to have!! I like it. Not too mushy or soft. I like the firmness. Helps you be consistent with it whether jogging or walking... helps the joints. You can adjust it though... another thing I like. The tread is good and the quality too. As for as entertainment purposes... I wouldn't say it was for entertainment. Strictly for the use of exercising. Now, I guess you can say if someone bought them for a gym. Maybe? But that still does not make it an entertainment piece. Value. Like the old saying. You get what you pay for. Sure do. Love my treadmill. It is nice and definitely well worth the money!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

It ran smooth and was not very loud which made me happy. It held up to a lot of use really well. There are 3 people who use this and there hasn't been any problems. It had just the right amount for me, but my sister would have preferred a little more cushion. I think it was more the footwear she had. The unit had a built-in screen for internet that I could listen to music or watch tv while I was working out. Also had other options that I never used. I thought the treadmill was a good buy for the price I paid. It was on sale and I am really happy with it performance. It has all the features that I require and the price was very good.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

The motor works well, it responds to commands, it is capable of going fast and slow and medium. It makes the belt turn at different speeds. It supports my weight but not an anvil nor do I believe that it could hold a small giraffe. It would be tricky to get a shark on it to test its weight. The old timey radio makes for much great amusement. I greatly enjoy the knobs and switches, I also appreciate the electric leads that can be attached to different parts of my body. I have never run faster or walked farther. The companion VR headset that perfectly represents yellowstone brings great joy and poetry to my heart and I have never felt freer.

HealthRider Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman

The HealthRider fitness system became popular in the 1990s as an alternative to high-impact cardio equipment. Today, the company manufactures ellipticals, bikes and treadmills for home use.

• H70T treadmill: Priced at $2,599, HealthRider’s H70T treadmill is their top-of-the-line treadmill, featuring an integrated tablet holder with sound system, ProShox™ cushioning for maximum support, a 10-percent incline and folding capabilities.

• H50 Crosswalk SL treadmill: At a budget-friendly price of $999, HealthRider’s H50 Crosswalk SL treadmill is designed for a total body workout. This treadmill includes workout arms with soft-touch grips to give you an upper body workout while you run or walk.

• 30-day money back guarantee: Try your HealthRider treadmill at home for 30 days. If you aren’t satisfied, return it to receive your money back. You will only be responsible for return shipping and a 10 percent restocking fee.

• iFit workout card technology: Buy an iFit card separately to receive eight weeks of weight-loss workouts with audio coaching to help you slim down on your new HealthRider treadmill.

• Email subscription: Sign up for HealthRider’s email list to receive exclusive offers, promotions and fitness tips in your inbox.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

HealthRider Treadmills Company Information